Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of Idiotology with Lenchi Tako one on one one w jr R.
Speaker 2: But you're freaking idiots, all right? Hey, reminder, less than ten minutes voting. We'll open for this morning. You say we play it on the JAR our facebook page. We're gonna have Deftones tickets all this week.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Any of you who take the time to have a say and you say we play, we'll qualify to win a pair of tickets each morning.
Speaker 3: Yep, just like Lyncher said, all week happening at the jar Facebook page. Again. That post goes up in about ten minutes, right at seven twenty. It'll be there for you to vote on for you say we play it, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's uh yeah, let's go ahead and do it.
Speaker 3: Fload a man Floa to man, float down.
Speaker 1: Man got to be a flood man. He's got to be a flying.
Speaker 3: Event, all right.
Speaker 2: Vlusia County represents, So we're keeping it a local here with Florida Man this go around. And I did tell you that technically normally this type of quality high high bar would qualify for a headline of the week as well.
Speaker 3: Would we have over there?
Speaker 2: Volusha Edgewater man self medicating with beer, stabs sister over spilled milk.
Speaker 3: Wow, that is the headline of the week.
Speaker 2: Edgewater man self medicating with beer stabs sister over spilled milk. Juwan Hodge is in the Volusia County Lockup without bail on charges of attempted first degree murder, kidnapping, inflicting bodily harm, terrorizing a victim, and aggravated assault with intent to commit a felony.
Speaker 3: Come on, did you know what they say? Don't cry over spilled milk and you're stabbing your sister? Edgewater cups say. Hodge attack to sister, threatening to kill her and stabbed her in the mouth, face, and body. The police responded to the incident, she asked him to clean up some spilled milk. I guess he lived with her, and and uh, where where does the beer and the self medicating come in? That that's what he told police he was doing to deal with his PTSD. Oh that's not good PTSD. Well no, no, no, agree there.
Speaker 2: But then what's even worse though, is the whole self medicating part. And then you throw in the with beer part, and it's a it's a formula for well.
Speaker 3: This Yeah, recipes for disaster and spilled milk and you can get him in jail. Is a bunk made. Whatever you do, better have a steady hand with that milk carton. There a little straw coming out of it. I don't want to spill that. One's gonna lose it. Uh huh. You realize you all got any beer in here? Come on, I need self medicate. You realize you have had already first show of the new year for us, You've had and it happened again. Yeah, a Florida man with a headline of the week combo, and then there.
Speaker 2: Will be a standalone headline of the week still to come in our final idiotology and eight o'clock hour.
Speaker 3: That's why I did not write this one down. It's headed on it of the week. I'm checking all the boxes that you do.
Speaker 2: Man, you need sell medicare on all cylinders. And it's only show one of the new year. Look out, Hey, you want to have some funds with states and capitals? How many of those do you think you still remember?
Speaker 3: I don't even want to. You know, I'm not good with geography at all.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm sure many of you probably at least remember a handful of states and capitals, maybe not all.
Speaker 3: Of them, at a handful of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just bring this up because kind of a little fun lead into one particular. Do you know the capital of Vermont? I knew he was gonna do it to me, Vermont.
Speaker 3: I've been to Vermont and on a ski trip where I didn't ski and god, hell can they not think of it? Not a big Vermont dude?
Speaker 2: So I'm not Pelier, Montpelier, Yes, yes, anyway, A little fun fact about Montpelier.
Speaker 3: I didn't I didn't know this.
Speaker 2: That is the only United States capital city that does not have a McDonald's or Starbucks located within city limits.
Speaker 3: It makes sense.
Speaker 2: In fact, there's also no Burger King or Walmart in the city either. Yeah, you've been to Have you ever been to Vermont? I have been through Vermont. I haven't spent any time there.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, and when you go through, you just think, I mean it was just like if you if it was a restaurant, It was a restaurant.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like a fast food joint. Well that's the case with Montpelier. You can travel twelve miles away to the next town up the road and get pretty much any kind of fast food you want that's offered. But in Montpelier, they reason that the city itself likes to focus on small local businesses versus huge chains.
Speaker 3: Ding ding, ding ding exactly what is said.
Speaker 2: They pride themselves on quote doing things a little differently on the way to the local as a way of life. On the way from uh my wife's cousins of Boston. On the way from there up to Vermont, we stopped and it was a cool It was like a little locals place, you know what I'm saying, where you grab an ice cold beer. Even though it was a craft beer, the uh you know craft beer. But even though it was that, it was still like no name brand beer either.
Speaker 3: No, it was a cool feel in the place, you know. I was like, hey, you know, I think I'll have a fish and chips and ice cold beer. And I said, you know what, cousin's driving another cold beer. Anyway.
Speaker 2: There Quish your coworkers on that one today. Did you know Capital of Vermont?
Speaker 3: I knew that one in fifth grade. Yeah, it's mount Failure. Did you know that they don't have a McDonald's beer or Starbucks. You know what, that's what I did again for the New Year. New Year's resolution, no fast food, and it's making it easier and easier with the pride, I mean, with the prices.
Speaker 2: What hold on a second, how did that end up working out last year? Isn't it? Didn't you do the same thing last year? I did it, but you you had fast food on numerous occasions.
Speaker 3: I did it for Lent. Oh. I did it for Lent last year, Oh for just forty days, and two years ago, I did it for the New Year. So I switch it up. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not going to harp on resolutions.
Speaker 3: If you've got one going, best of luck.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, best of luck.
Speaker 3: In other words, that's pat saying he doesn't because you don't do him. That's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no problem with anybody who wants to, you know, send a new No, No, that's not that's not true. I told you last year what what I was trying to do. And I think I work on your patients. Yes, yeah, I'm not all the way there yet. In fact, I'm not even fifty percent of the way there. Baby steps made some progress.
Speaker 3: I caught myself a couple of times yelling at another driver, and I was like, yeh, don't do it, Bob. You gotta relax. You're gonna get shot.
Speaker 2: Over the Christmas holiday break, some huge waves at Mavericks Bro Northern California, Shaker, Half Moon Bay Bro Shaka, we may have ourselves not only a new record, but in a oliterated record. Twenty three year old American surfer Mavericks is huge named what is this guy? Alessandro Lber caught one hundred.
Speaker 3: And eight foot wave. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been verified yet by Guinness. That's what they're waiting on. Did they pull him in on a jet ski? In fact, I got him explaining it here and I have the video as well, going on on the Jr. Facebook page and lynching Taco Ball.
Speaker 4: It wasn't like a decision of maybe we should go or not. We knew right away we wanted it, he said Graveler open.
Speaker 3: He towed me in.
Speaker 4: You're going so fast on those surfboards. You're probably going thirty forty fifty miles an hour. And that wave was so tall that it was sucking so much water coming back at you that it was a weird feeling feeling the friction of the water underneath the surfboard. I've never felt that on really any other wave that I've ever caught.
Speaker 3: Good God, did you you saw the movie Mavericks right? I can't say that I have. I think I remember you saying, wow, ten surfer, look at me.
Speaker 2: I'm not even ten percent. Beach can get in the water. Ever since Jaws, Dad took me to see Jaws, and we've.
Speaker 3: Been doomed ever since pretty much, I mean.
Speaker 2: Wanted to move to Montpelier immediately.
Speaker 3: After, until he found out they don't have mcd's are rocks.