Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine the Games, Mike the Bulldog Beyond youn Jr R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page. He's brought to you by Coffin and lind Entry Attorneys. Jeff Kaffin will be here next hour for lawn disorder. If you've got a legal question you'd like to run by him. Two two five two six. You can text those over as long as you keep them brief. All right, Over reaction Football Monday. I know we got an awful lot to get to in that department. Dogs, you want to hit the non football related stuff first? What's the game plan here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll hit the non football related stuff first. NASCAR yesterday, Ricky Stenhouse Junior, Danica's old boyfriend.
Speaker 4: He wins at Talladega. He's not in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Second straight week that a non playoff driver has one twenty seven car crash near the end. Not no big surprise, that's Talladega. So Ricky Stenhouse Junior wins that.
Speaker 4: Soccer.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, the Orlando Pride still unbeaten and they claim the end WSL shield. They beat the Washington Spirit to nil. The shield, of course, goes to the best regular season record. That's the first trophy the Orlando Pride have ever won in their franchisees history. Orlando City. They also win over the weekend, so good for them. So they're you know, rounding in the playoff form with a few matches left. By the way, the Magic's first preseason game is today one thirty at New Orleans.
Speaker 4: You guys excited about that?
Speaker 3: I know you love your preseason NBA basketball, Major League Baseball. Yesterday's games, Uh, the Pods, my pods beat the Dodgers ten to two. Dodgers fans throwing all sorts of trash onto the field. I had to delay the game, but my pods and up winning the game ten two. That series, what are you laughing at?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Just keep going. We know, we know.
Speaker 3: That series tide one all Now Phillies beat the Mets seven to six Nick Castiliana's walk off game winning single. That series also tied one. All Detroit plays at Cleveland today, the Kansas City plays at New York. Both of those series Cleveland win is leading the one series one oh, and the Yankees are leading Kansas City one oh as well.
Speaker 2: All right, by the way, lightning game that was supposed to be this evening has been canceled. Obviously, it has.
Speaker 4: Been canceled because of the hurricane. Obviously.
Speaker 3: Jags get their first win over the weekend.
Speaker 2: How about that.
Speaker 3: Trevor Lawrence throws for three hundred and seventy one yards two touchdowns. It was his twenty fifth birthday. Jaguars nearly blew it though they were up by like a.
Speaker 4: Couple of touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, late in the game and old Joe Flacco rallies the Colts in place of Anthony Richardson. Game gets tied, but Trevor Lawrence takes him down the field for the game winning forty nine yard field goal with seventeen seconds left.
Speaker 4: Dolphins, did you watch it?
Speaker 2: One game? Awful test of endurance for a football fan. That was, Oh my god, ges, I think another flag just came out.
Speaker 3: Dolphins beat the Patriots. There were penalties. The Dolphins had dirt, a block punt, two missfield goals, one of them on a botch snap. There's still one another snap, yeah, another snap over the quarterback's head, an interception that set up the Patriots only touched.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was awful, but the Dolphins ended up winning that game. By the way, there are only one game behind the Buffalo Bills who lost you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well what about uh?
Speaker 1: What about what's his name, Alan josh Allen in that head Oh man, you're gonna hear more about this, dude, I'm telling you, because the way that had hit the ground and then he was making some kind of not the smartest plays after. I mean, I was just watching out of the corner of my eye.
Speaker 4: I thought I.
Speaker 3: Thought he had a concussion there. Yeah, the way that had snapped the grounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were saying, oh, we checked him in the tent for some other injury, but he's okay.
Speaker 2: In the head to part, dude, did you guys watch any of the Giant Seahawks game? What a crazy game that was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Giants end up winning that game. They were missing two of their better players, but Daniel Jones rallies the Giants to a victory over the Seahawks. We mentioned the Bills losing to the Houston Texans. By the way, did you see the Bills clock management at the end of that game that Houston has or Houston punts the ball with forty one seconds left, they get the Bills get it at the three yard line. Everybody thinks they're going to run out the clock. They throw three straight passes incomplete. They only take like eleven seconds off the clock, and then the Texans get the ball back on a punt and end up kicking a game winning fifty nine yard field goal. The Ravens beat the baby.
Speaker 2: Back to the Texans. Props on the badass alternate uniforms as well.
Speaker 1: Those are cool, true, And that's where I was talking about stupid plays where Alan did that, and that was pretty soon after nailing his head. I'm telling you you're gonna hear more about that.
Speaker 3: Ahead Ravens beat the Bengals forty one to thirty eight on the last second field goal. What about the Vikings still unbeaten. They beat the Jets. Aaron Rodgers gets picked off three times. Those were the big games. Dallas beat Pittsburgh in the late game last night, which was delayed ninety minutes for weather.
Speaker 4: I never even watched any of that game. I was in bed. College football over the weekend.
Speaker 3: UCF goes down to Florida twenty four to thirteen. It really wasn't that close. UCF has now lost two straight games. I don't know what's going on with them. They had six opt outs. Before the game, we talked about, you know, one of their opt outs, their starting wide receiver, slot receiver. Then their kicker, Colton Boomer, he opted out Yester. No, he didn't play in the game. There was talk that he was injured. Gus Malsan says, yeah, we hope to get him back. He said that after the game. And then Colton Boomer announced last night he's transferred. So even the kicker's transferring by Boomer.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Gators ended up winning that game. I still think Billy Napier has a chance to save his job. We shall see FSU loses again. They're one in five now they lose to Clemson. And what about the Miami Your Hurricanes rallying from twenty five points down late Saturday night, they were out of the game and they end up beating Cow thirty nine to thirty eight, five yard touchdown pass from cam Ward to Elijah Arroyo with twenty six seconds left that wins it for Miami.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not even gonna lie, bulldog. I went to bed after cam through that pick six to start the first driver of the third quarter. I've said that's it. There, They're getting smoked tonight. It is getting late for the insure. Yeah this point, Yeah, it's going on midnight. I'm like failed and they won. I woke up happy that.
Speaker 3: Ends up throwing for four hundred and thirty seven crazy yards. What about Vanderbilt beaten number one ranked Alabama. Did you see the Vandy fans They tore down the goal pH my god, parading them through the streets of downtown Nashville. I think they ended up in a river.
Speaker 2: They threw him into the Cumberland River about three miles from the stadium.
Speaker 3: Vanderbilt oh and sixty going into that game against top five opponents, oh and sixty Lifetime hadn't beaten Alabama in forty years and boom and what about Arkansas beating Tennessee as well?
Speaker 2: Bought upsets over the weekend?
Speaker 4: Man, Yeah, Texas A and m klobbers Missouri.
Speaker 3: Yeah there was some yeah, big up six big upsets in college football.
Speaker 2: All right, obviously plenty to talk about. If you want to more on this overreaction Football Monday, Michael Bulldog Biyanky you'll find him on ad Jason tuss on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine. The game. Thank you for taking time out of the busy show there Dog to join us for the sports page here on JR. Brought you by Kauffin and that's right.
Speaker 3: You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning, seven point thirty on FM ninety six nine The Game. You can catch extended versions of Under Oath by searching your favorite streaming platform oh oh Linchin Taco on demand, download the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This track