Speaker 1: Uh, hello, everybody.
Speaker 2: It's me Cecily don Nobler, not don like Donald, by the way, just to make it's down Donnie, it's Donnie. It's not Donnie. It's down like the time of day, like the sun rise. Right, but I like to add a why at the end to make it done. You know, it's Donnie. What time is it, Donnie? It's kind of it's desky, Donnie.
Speaker 1: It's it's Cecily don I'm just gonna call you Cecily don.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't mind that I've had people call me that in my life. I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: We've been friends for a really long time, really long time, decades and you never call me ces and a lot of my friends call me cess, which I've just realized.
Speaker 1: I feel like I do sometimes.
Speaker 2: Well it's spech. It's because it became spec I think that's right. I think that's right. Yeah, which is what we're here to talk about. I'm here, obviously with Stephanie Wilder Taylor to talk about and just like that Season three, episode six, is.
Speaker 1: This is how it all, This is how it all began of us. We originally og bonded on hating Aiden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were the originals when it was not cool to hate on Aiden and we insisted we're not hate. We were just like, this guy is seriously icky. Yes, and now everybody's on our side. But it's like, where were you before? Right, it's exhausting.
Speaker 1: I do exhaust I do think some people, the cool people, hated him like we did. I hated him, you know what we mean a lot we could say hated. It's a character. Are just yeah, right, we're not going to hurt him. We're not spreading hate. It's not like we're not Rogan.
Speaker 2: I mean we're just I guess we're in a way, we're like Rogan for this show.
Speaker 1: Right right, right. It is ridiculous when we have to catch ourselves going, now, we don't hate anybody, well, okay, we can hate. We love them all deeply and the same.
Speaker 2: There's no even difference in the way that we love them the same way as you love your family. You love them because love is love is love is humans, and we are all just one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like this song now? Macro notes, oh good, Macro note, this may be the worst written show I've ever encountered of any like, the laziest worst writing of any show there.
Speaker 2: For sure, I'm going to give you that. And the original, as you know, I know, was not and you asked me that last week. You're like, maybe I'm forgetting Sex and the City, and maybe it was. I rewatch it even to this day, and it's very good. I almost sent you a clip of like a fight that Carrie and Miranda had that would not the one I always send you that reminds me of us, Not that one, but there's other ones where it's like that is how people in friendships. Yeah, that is real writing, and like that's all and just across the board like that the way they would talk at dinner and it was just like you wanted to be part of it because you felt like you were living it. And this is just like this is like they got the worst multiicam sitcom writer that exists, and they're like, could you write this?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, I mean yeah, I couldn't like I couldn't believe some of the like I was, I sat there with my mouth open. I was like, well, I guess we'll talk about this tomorrow, but like this is so insulting. It's like and I don't know who's I'm trying to. I'm really trying to figure out whose fault that is because I look up the writers. Let's let's we're here.
Speaker 2: We you know we do deep dives, isn't you know? This isn't I'm going to do that, although I don't trust AI anymore because oh, I have to tell you. Maybe I'll save that for board AF. I have another terrible AI story where it just like steered me wrong in all information.
Speaker 1: I trust no Google now, just like probably.
Speaker 2: That let's uh season three, episode episode six writers or just any of the writers, uh.
Speaker 1: Writer?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we'd have to go to like IMDb on this, I think, okay, all right.
Speaker 1: Well maybe we'll do that in our own time. Well I think, I mean we could legitimately pause and look it up. Okay, I'm gonna pause us hold on. Okay, So we have some of the writers. We found Rachel Palmer. We don't want to call her out. We don't know, we don't know whose fault this is. We don't know who's the problem. Yeah, we really Rachel Palmer worked on Two Broke Girls, which is sitcommy, but also to which is which is commed.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, but these are multi there, like we said, they felt multiicammy and the's a lot of these people are coming from those types of shows, multiicam shows with laugh tracks. It's like it's like they write the shows waiting for a laugh and then they have the music like in and just like that, like.
Speaker 1: It's that ship. I feel like Lucas Frolicker is Prolic Frolic, there's no I feel like he's the problem Two Broke Girls. First of all, Well, a bunch of people from Two Broke Girls? How's that such a good show that they're like, can we get some of the writers from Two Broke Girls? Please? It's not like that was a great show. It was not some breakthrough. Wouldn't you expect a bunch of these writers to be from like a very a cool like HBO show.
Speaker 2: You could get Lena Dunam in here, that would be very interesting. Yes, they would be more naked, but they're already pretty naked, right, right, Like you look up this guy, Lucas Frolicks stuff right and he doesn't have much credit. It's either no, and I believe part of this is his fault. He was a well, he was a writer's assistant. Well and listen to this.
Speaker 1: He was the assistant to Michael Patrick King on something called AJ and the Queen. This is our problem. I don't think he's probably maybe he's dating Michael Patrick King. I don't know.
Speaker 2: They're all Michael Patrick King people, though they've all either Sex and the City, which he's no genius. That's the problem. That's one of the problems. There's a lot of problems. There's a lot of problems. So this is all very intestuous.
Speaker 1: You know. And there's a bunch of people who wrote like one episode in like twenty twenty two, which is maybe like they just didn't like their episode. This Julie Rottenberg that you already mentioned. First of all, Rotten is in the name, so that's not doesn't bode well. But yeah, but she this person did write that od Mom Out, which was like a fun show. I believe Smash a multicam, right. I liked Smash, I really did like. I like Divorce, which is a great show. So here's what I'm gonna I'm going to tell myself that Julie Rottenberg is in the writer's room on this show just going oh yeah, no, absolutely not and gets overruled.
Speaker 2: I didn't like Divorce, but obviously Sarah Jessica Parker and she got along.
Speaker 1: You know, she probably right her in because.
Speaker 2: She's should I try again, because I like that type of stuff usually, I love it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't get passed.
Speaker 2: How bad of an actor. What's his name is? He just bugs me from the sideways. But I guess I like it because that character. It's that character. He's just like a dufist, which is annoying to her right right, and then again it does get very over the top, but part of it is that she doesn't.
Speaker 1: Like that about him. I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think I've given it like three tries because it makes so much time. It's like, Oh, I like the HBO. I like that kind of programming. I like her, Sarah Jessica Parker, not as a person, but as an actress.
Speaker 1: I like her. I have to.
Speaker 2: That's our show. We love you, guys, have fun. Okay, I'm really hungry.
Speaker 1: In conclusion, this episode, in particular to me, was so badly written. I was just like but also and also manipulative. So I did find myself emotional, but I was like, Okay, you can't take a show that's supposed to be this kind of frothy, funny telt like it is sex comedy real show and then just make every constant death constant like find.
Speaker 2: That that I don't mind because they did that in the regular show. I mean, I don't think it's supposed to be like hilarious all the time.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not. Okay, Well, here's a global here's a global macro note that Lisa, Lisa's dad already died. Did you know that? Yes? Did you know that? That's a problem with the writing of the show. It's all over. Her dad died in season two. She referred to her dad as being dead. When my daddy, when daddy died, I have literally like the sound up. I could, but you won't be able to hear it.
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I can go to the tape. Okay, as they say, go to the Okay, you won't be able to hear it. But here is the recording. Are people at home will hear it? It's nine seconds, so listen, listen carefully? Oh you can't, you can't hear it? Hold on, She's well, it's all right, it's all right. She basically says, when, yeah, when my when my daddy died, When dad died, she says, I mean, she's yeah, they all so he died. That is ridiculous. Yeah, that's too bad. This was the season. In season one she talks about how her dad died. Then he came to dinner in season two, and then this is what people are laughing about, and now he's dead again in season three. I mean, it's I told you now.
Speaker 2: This is a little bit different, but if you're writing for the same universe. They did the spin off, The Carry Diaries, which was another book by Candice, and I tried to watch it. It was on like the WB or CW whatever it was, and they got a lot of things wrong about it was not consistent there either. There's an entire episode in Sex and the City where Carrie like kind of finally talks about like her dad issues because her dad left. She says in Sex and the City, my dad left when I was six and he never came back. My mom raised me. That's very clear in the thing, if anybody else, because they never talk about their families. It's really weird. They have like no, they're in this bubble all the time except for when Miranda lost her mom. So then in the Carrie Diaries, she's raised by her dad and her mom died when she was a baby. It's like, wow, that's so weird. It would just be like if like you had a spin off of let me put it in a way, you would understand lit The.
Speaker 1: Cosby Show.
Speaker 2: Let's say you love The Cosby Show. Right, Let's say you watched The Cosby Show your whole life. Every day you go back, you watch episodes.
Speaker 1: I know you do that. I don't know how you find them, but she has them on like VHS. Yeah. They when they when they falsely accused Bill Cosby of crimes that we all know he didn't commit. I I was like, they're going to probably try to cancel him and take my favorite show off. There.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she recorded everything somehow from you can't I don't even know how. I don't know how you did that, but she did, and she watches she self soothes like so okay, so let's say you watch that. And then they have like a little spin off that's slightly different, like they're like, okay, let's do the cause, let's do like what Roseanne did. Why don't we do the Cosby Show but he's not on. We kill him off, but we have everybody else and then like the Corner Kids exactly, so you, so you have like the what if they just called it the Connor And they're like why though, because so now you've got Claire Huxtable, you could just call it the Huxtables.
Speaker 1: Okay, why was it called the Cosby Show? That wasn't even their name. That is so stupid. That makes me so mad. That's just his name. His name was a.
Speaker 2: Huxtable and the thing, Oh yeah, why would you leave it? That's like what you pitch it with, Like, okay, so the Cosby Project got it.
Speaker 1: What changed the name of it? They just got too lazy. They were like, well, it's already I don't know working titles, the Cosby Show, whatever, the Cosby Project.
Speaker 2: They're like, Seinfeld can be called Seinfeld, we see how it is. And you're like, no, but that's his name on the show. You can't why and just call him?
Speaker 1: Okay? That makes me mad. But anyway, so imagine.
Speaker 2: You're watching the show now and he's off of it, and Claire is now played by a twenty two year old Asian woman never explained, and also her name is not Claire anymore.
Speaker 1: Now it's like Janis. But it's supposed to be his.
Speaker 2: One and only wife. You'd be mad because you'd be like what, right, well what and then they change everything and then there is no Rudy and then then Rudy just never existed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be really weird. No, you can't do that, or you have to call it something else, right and just go we like these actors, and so we want to put them in something else. But yeah, you can't say it's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I wish they had called this, I really wish instead of in just like that, which I understand why they called it that, but I wish they'd called it Duncan and friends. What if they called it that and they're like what In the first two seasons you're like, I don't get it, Like you will. You're gonna get it. It's gonna all come together in season three. You'll see.
Speaker 1: See. The problem is none of these people have any The show is out of their control. That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 2: It's written by all different people. Somebody wrote on Reddit they wrote, oh my god, this is about her finding out her dad already died.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to be dead. Somebody wrote, oh my god, what a fine lol. I think chat GPT is writing these episodes with a prompt that mighty rage bait.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have, Like I said, I have a chat it reallyased. It steered me so wrong that I have to go back into an article that's already been published and make some pretty big changes because chat GBT like completely completely made something up completely. I thought it was googled. You know, sometimes it'll take you into the AI mode. So I thought I was googling something, and you you think, if you google it, there there's your information, right, you got it? No, no more, trust nothing until you see it in like a real source, right, Trust.
Speaker 1: Nothing, because I'm fine interesting, Okay, I will tell you on board.
Speaker 2: As okay, So do you have any metro notes? Did you let How did you feel about this episode? I liked the episode in some ways. Now do I need uh bits e von whatever back in my life? Of course, not no reason for that. Another crazy cartoon character. She's from the original. But it's like I was thinking about this the whole time. There's so many people in New York that they could run into from the original show, Like, there's hundreds of characters that would be interesting. That is not one of them, right, So why they're trying to make that happen is just like sad it's there.
Speaker 1: They just don't know. They think their audience is like ninety year old gay men. Yes, and I just don't.
Speaker 2: Think that that's I mean, that might be the case to some degree, sure, but it's not all of It's like stop, yeah, nobody wants okay, so let's get into it.
Speaker 1: She's still writing.
Speaker 2: She's writing her dumb fake book about the woman I can't writing is so bad.
Speaker 1: Lily's of the Valley godw their white bonnets to the pounding of the rain as the woman inside braves the unknown who writes like that, And later in the episode, she's gonna want Duncan to read that shit. She's gotta be embarrassed like that. I mean, if anything's going to give him the ick, it's going to be reading the Valley. Would that be.
Speaker 2: He's like, oh, well to no, sorry going back to London as you know, only here six months, so very nice to you.
Speaker 1: He like gently puts the book down, like cause he's like but She's like, wait, I thought you were going back in six months, and he's like, oh, yes, I actually have already been here three months. You just I mean I was already here just five and a half months. I get. I guess we just we didn't run into each other. She's like, but yes, live downstairs, and you're very upset. I say.
Speaker 2: He's like, time is different for the English. I suppose he's trying to be Remember I told you I love this the first you know. I'm people you guys know need to know that I'm a major Anglo fire, as I'm sure a lot of us are. But I really like, you know, the first time I went there, I was by myself and I was waiting for the tube and I couldn't figure out which two subway thing to get on, you know, let me say it like in America, like subway, Stephanie, like a subway.
Speaker 1: And there was this guy, I swear.
Speaker 2: To God in my memory he was wearing a top hat, but I know he wasn't, but he did have an umbrella and he was so tall in English, and I was like, would this be the train I need to get on to go to wherever?
Speaker 1: Notting Hill, you know, and he just goes, he just looked at me and he goes, no oh. And I was like, it was cold. They are cold.
Speaker 2: They are very polite, but they will not give you more than you've asked and you are not going to get a hug. And he was older, you know, this was like a very but he wasn't that old. And I was like, I am so attracted to you right now, strange old man. I also still do not know which train to get on, though, but he just I just love that goes this, the train he goes new.
Speaker 1: I love the English so much. And that I say all that.
Speaker 2: Because I really love Duncan. I'm really loving him. I know they're not doing enough with him yet. I have not seen more than this episode, but I just don't you love him? Don't you want them to have like a hot, passionate secks.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't see him as like hot and passionate. I think he's just like grow she and not even that money. He's kind of a dick and his apartment's really dirty. I don't know, I'm not doing anything for me. I just yeah, he's very serious. So he has her over to like eat. He's so funny at all, and he's very literal, like whenever she even tries to joke around, he actually he doesn't get.
Speaker 2: It like that.
Speaker 1: He's like Krishna Ka. He reminds me of Alex Petrovsky. I don't ever know.
Speaker 2: I'll never know why she liked him, except that he had klout she didn't like him at all until Samantha was like, oh everybody knows Petrovsky.
Speaker 1: He was at Studio fifty four, honey. Yeah. I mean then we had to put her through that, like how old and they're all doing the math like what wait what? And then like why is she? Why is she with him? But I'm with it.
Speaker 2: I'm for it with Duncan Oh, I like it. So he's trying to have a conversation with her. What she's being annoyed like about it? Like as I's been British honest question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you like about him as far as besides the actor playing, like besides he's cute, Yeah, but that's okay, that's the actor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I can't separate his Clive owenness. I think he's just like you think he's one of those like wound up Brits that, like you, just he just needs a little sex. I like that, Okay, I like that he's I like that he's a writer. I mean, yes, that's a good question. He's not a lot of fun, takes himself really seriously. He believes himself to be an amazing writer. Yes, which I feel like it's confident.
Speaker 1: Yeah if I I just you know, like I said, I find I find the actor charming, but I find the I don't know why she would like him except that because he's not been nice to her one time all that I would like him for that, right, But I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I also think she's being kind of annoying and rude because when they're talking about their writing, when they're having the mutton or whatever, because it's all really weird. He's like, he's like, I want to take you out for a purple drink, you know, or he's trying. I think he's flirting with her for sure, in his way. And then she basically is like, why are you taking it all? So?
Speaker 1: Why do you got to work so hard? Because, as we.
Speaker 2: Said last week, not everyone had a billionaire ex husband who died on a peloton, right, Like, he's got a work hard because he's probably has a mortgage. Well, wait, who are you talking about, because I'm talking about she said, what what husband?
Speaker 1: What ex? She had a billionaire husband? I wouldn't know because that's not Cary. I wouldn't know because that's not really that's not really addressed in this way. We're talking about Carrie and Big. So she says to Duncan when they're eating, I know I'm making a joke that that Biggs disappeared from the show. Oh oh oh, that was too good. You were too good at it, because I was just like, wait, are you making a joke? Did he basically never existed in this universe? At this point, we've not mentioned him one time.
Speaker 2: It's true something. I was like, it's Carrie Bradshaw and Big. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it be great if they actually mentioned that Big ever existed? But now suddenly we're in some bubble where she just miraculously has this lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Right and nothing He never thought like she lets him assume that she's such a huge writer that that's why she has this amazing place, right.
Speaker 1: She doesn't.
Speaker 2: She never says like, yeah, I mean I did have a couple of books do okay, but you know I was you know, it was never like huge journey, right and you know the reason I live here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No no mention, no mention of Aiden either. Weirdly huh that we see all kinds of weird shit going down. Yeah, so they decide to read each other's books and yeah, and Carrie pretends to sort of like Mutton but not really. But also, I just don't think that would happen. I don't think that Duncan would be like, come.
Speaker 1: Down to my gross apartment and with stained ceilings and I'm going to make you a really kind of nasty food to people who are asty. Yeah, and yeah, yeah, and you're right though she is. She's like, I was, I was really surprised to get your invitation. I thought you're all like, work, work, work, Yeah, yeah, exactly. Here's this is where the writing. Right off the bat, I was just like, are you kidding? And then he's he says, well, this is work, and then she goes, oh, the Mutton.
Speaker 2: Like this is the best. That's when I wrote, I wrote, even the actor can't be bothered to laugh. I don't even blame Duncan for this. I think it's sort of like he doesn't want to be held to that. So he's just like, no, I'm gonna do what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 1: But I was like, Okay, so these these writers Michael Patrick King got so many specscripts from people that wanted to write on and this is He pulled one out and was like, yes, these are the writers, this is the writer I'm going with, and this is what they came up with, and this is what made it past all the read throughs Now I know, I know. And then and then he says wait. Then he says, well, I've been I've been pounding away at Margaret every night, and Carrie literally says, oh my gosh, that's you know, my virgin ears or something like okay. So she doesn't literally say that, she says something like oh that's like not appropriate or something. It's like, okay, well you used to be a sex columnist. Did your vagina article up a guy being on you? Right? But she's John mad Men, and now you're like, she's the worst. She sucks.
Speaker 2: We know that, we're gonna just we're gonna do I think we need to just flat out say it, like and just leave it, because she sucks.
Speaker 1: She sucks like Janet right from the also, but also the writing. I mean the fact that she would be that like I've been pounding weight, that she would take that as a sex joke and then be like almost offended by it is not the character. It's just such bad writing to me, it's so lazy, it's really tiny. We have no time for it because I want to get to the sex with Duncan. That's the thing. I'm just like, and he's and the actor does too.
Speaker 2: I'm sure likeugh, all right, please? Hellon is my contract? You see him like calling sag? She says that, and he's like, one moment, please please could I get my red piece on the line.
Speaker 1: And do all I have to say this exact right? Fine? As do I have to laugh? It says? I must laugh.
Speaker 2: I don't, but I love that I'm making him kind of pullsh But also what is did you buy that he'd be like, can you after being so like not into her and not taking her seriously that he would be like could you could I get your your perspective on my book?
Speaker 1: Right? And like what have you written again?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh? I used to have like a really wacky sex column right and I couldn't help. But wonder if you diz in somebody's eyes? Do their eyes hurt? Or is it helpful to their eyes? Bye? What if what if she signed up like off all our sex columns, good bye bye bye.
Speaker 1: I would believe it. I would believe it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't help, But wonder if you pee on somebody after sex, is that good luck? Like they say in Japan? Like no, okay, first of all, no one says that in Japan, so we're gonna have to take that out right. He's not ad lib Please don't improvise, Sarah. We'd really prefer that you just like stick to the script. Then the script is even worse. I couldn't help, But wonder is duncan gonna put it in me?
Speaker 1: I mean, like I miss I miss those. So Carrie's talking to Aiden as if they're as if they're just an old married couple that just chit chat every night, while he's brushing his teeth, you know, and she's like, yeah, dunk in this. By the way, she's also taking tombs, and we're setting up some story and we don't know what it is yet. But suddenly Carrie is just in a cartoonish manner going through things of toms and constantly. But I don't even notice that either.
Speaker 2: You know that that's Sarah like improvising too, Like I bet you know, you know, I really take a lot of toms, So I think that Carrie would too.
Speaker 1: I think, well, they're setting something up though, because there's like three different parts where there's the tombs are gone, where she's out of going to set up like stomach cancer.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I wouldn't know more, can't no, or maybe like a hysterectomy or something hys directly, She's like, well, like maybe she's blowed, you know, like when you've got all kinds of lady issues.
Speaker 1: I feel like it would be more of like an ulcer.
Speaker 2: Oh, I guess you mean they showed us three times time. I didn't notice it even once.
Speaker 1: Yep. Oh my gosh, a lot of time.
Speaker 2: I'm like the big picture and you're like the details on that very detail oriented.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's now this is going to get even worse to me, Yeah, it gets Aiden's like get ready coming up and she's like, oh you are, Yeah, Wyatt's doing a wilderness program for a week.
Speaker 2: No, those are very dangerous. They have done many reports on those places, and a lot of them are like, like really bad.
Speaker 1: There's no way in the world that Aiden would be like, yeah, he found it himself. He looked. He looked up one of those Paris Hilton expose survival camps that people die at you, where they meet you and don't feed you. He looked it up on his own and he wants to go. Isn't that amazing, Carrie. He's like, I get a week off, so I'm coming up. Get ready for my weird mouth. It's just one big flat line. Oh so here's here's what we're supposed to believe about this character and this relationship. It's all up to aiden. She can't. She originally wasn't really supposed to even text him or let alone call him. That became a thing. He could call her though, and be like, I'm horny, let's fuck over the phone, and she'd have to hop to it and just be ready whenever, because he's like, listen, I got Wyatt's sleeping next to me. I'm ready to go. Let's go. And she's supposed to be ready. Or he can come visit her and surprise her because he feels like it, but God forbid she comes down. It's a whole thing. Oh, you're disrupting my whole family life. You have to sleep in the sleep in the stables. I mean yes, and.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to give you a sweatshirt until my son actually is like carry would you like a toothbrush or something?
Speaker 1: Anything you need a whole night there? Yeah, nothing, And she's cool with that. And I'm sorry, but by the way, during this whole episode, she remains cool with whatever hitty oh behavior he has to offer.
Speaker 2: I wrote that so many she is like a fucking zombie. She's in nothing. She's a shell of who she was. Right, there's nothing going on upstairs. Maybe the Toms is like some kind of like dementia thing. Is Tom's a thing you take if you just forgetful?
Speaker 1: No, probably not. I'm just throwing that out there because.
Speaker 2: She's seeming like she's like lot void of anybody, like she doesn't even know herself. Now, I'm not saying you got to be all fired up, you know, back to when they first moved in together and they were fighting all the time.
Speaker 1: But I would love and I'm sure this exists. I don't know how to do this. Maybe John can do it.
Speaker 2: I would love to put together a montage of all the times that Aiden was like very inappropriately angry in the original series.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said, he's been inappropriately and he hit her, he hit her. I talked about that. Last week they were in a fight. He kept every time the phone rang.
Speaker 2: He thought it was Big because they she had cheated on him with Big, but they she got back with Aiden, and you know, understandably Big was still calling and whatever, but he was mad, and so he wouldn't talk to her about it.
Speaker 1: And she's She's like, can you put my nicotine patch on me? I'm really right right? He was like, yeah, he hits her, he slaps it. That's really hard. Just tell that. Last week's like, not hurt buddy, and he doesn't say anything.
Speaker 2: She goes that kind of hurt buddy, and he's like shrugs and walks off, and it was like a hard hit.
Speaker 1: He hit her. Wow. And there's any time they were in a fight.
Speaker 2: She was awful too, but like they would be in these fights and he would scream at the top of his lungs, like scream at her, and she would scream at him. I mean, they weren't but he was always just either kind of seething inside.
Speaker 1: Or just or yelling. He's like, not he's not the chill furniture store guy, but that he wanted people to believe he was. Well, so now I mean, I don't know how he was in terms of dad jokes, but now he's just, oh, I don't There's no way, there's no way that this character of Carrie would be attracted to a guy that's just constant bad jokes and puns.
Speaker 2: He was always doing that. When they he wanted to get married and she didn't. She was like, let's live together for a while. He you know, proposed and stuff, but she was like, let me just sit with the engagement for a little bit. And then they were in the shower one time and he was like, hey, why don't we go to Hawaii and get maued. No, yes, and then she says, she's like, did you just pun in the shower? Like she you know, played off of it back then. She's like, did you just pun in the nude or something? And he's like I did. Then he made another pun.
Speaker 1: Oh he did it all the time. Okay, Oh so did she? By the way, that was the writer's Okay, well that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I liked that storyline because she wasn't ready to get married and so she didn't wear the ring on her finger. She wore it as a necklace. And they would they thought about that's real shit, that would happen. She was scared and like didn't so that's not happening in here. In here, he makes these jokes. She laughs at everything he says. She's totally fine with whatever he throws at her. He says, I'm coming. She doesn't say, like, oh wait, I might have plans, like I.
Speaker 1: Have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. Am I not what you're ying. You're you're gonna I have to drop everything because your son has plans for a week.
Speaker 2: So okay, So we cut to Miranda wakes up in the dark bed with at Joys, who I love, Loving Joy as well.
Speaker 1: See you'll like her. Well, okay, she's not that nice, so I guess it's just all British people, I guess are supposed to be kind of like not that nice. First of all, I think she's Nice's when has she been nice? She's not warm at all.
Speaker 2: She really loves Miranda, I think loves this two strong. But she likes Miranda and she's.
Speaker 1: Very like, well she's she's rude about like we're going to find out later. I mean, she likes her, but right away she's like, yeah, don't like kids. It's like Okay. First of all, her son doesn't even live with them late Okay, we'll get to that later. But first of all, she's very biting in her humor, which and I understand that if it's Carrie, Like I get Carrie being annoyed at Miranda for how she's acting and being like, please continue to get it right. And I can see Carrie being like, no, please, You're welcome here as long as you like and being kind of sarcastic. But Joy's already given her the business, and I am taking that so differently. I'm taking it.
Speaker 2: I just wrote, Miranda must be a really bad guest for two people in a row to be like after just a couple of days, like, okay, hoidbye.
Speaker 1: I think it's Miranda on this one. Like I don't know why I do too, But they haven't shown Miranda in this part, like overstaying her welcome. They're just making it seem like Joy is very like I need my space, Like I like Joy. I'm a big fan.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I was so beaten down by Chay, you know, or rosy O'donald that I'm just like, oh, thank you for this, thank you for actually like you're gonna have this like lovely lesbian couple representatives.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just I just find her very prickly. I like it prickly.
Speaker 2: I think that's where we're coming from different places. I just think it's kind of sexy. Maybe that's it. I mean, it never works out. I'm not saying that that's like the bet.
Speaker 1: I just I just she's just not that nice, like I prefer Rosi o' donald at the point. That's that's you know, who really liked her. I don't know. I think I think we'll see Yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Miranda, okay, so she wants she She's like, I'd really like you to meet Brady, and yeah, right away she's not into it. We what does seem a little fast? I wouldn't want that either.
Speaker 1: That's how lesbians are. Well, I know that's the thing. What do you bring on the second date? A U haul.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that weird that she wants her and Brady is her adult son, So I just think it's a weird. It would be one thing if he was ten and she was like, oh, I'm gonna meet your ten your kid. This is like a grown ass son, Like I guess, I mean look, I have no But it's not that she's not it's not that she thinks it's too fast to meet her son. The whole storyline is that she doesn't like kids. Yeah, which is you have to there's a weird thing for the writers here. Yes, it felt very tacked on, like, oh, well, let's make her, let's give her this. And then she but it would be different if Brady was younger. I just don't think we should have gone that way with the writing. It didn't bother me, but I can see your point. I can see that. So she's like, so then we skip over to Charlotte and runs into it and then wait, don't forget that. She says, uh, oh yeah, oh it's interesting. You're the name Brady. Had you come up with that?
Speaker 2: And she goes, oh, something about his dad's last name, and she's like, oh, okay, too much information.
Speaker 1: It's like she was making a joke. I didn't that was a joke. She was like, oh, go to am. I mean I thought that was cute. Okay.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: We're not we may not, we may not agree on joy, I may come around, we may change each other's minds, but I like that character. Okay, I would watch her in another show. I would watch a spinoff called like Joy in Buds just called Joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joy like working on her She's just working on her laptop for another BBC pen. It's that's the whole show. Occasionally she'll say hi to someone that passes by in her office.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the Buds refers to all her obnoxious friends that came over and we're super high Camp.
Speaker 2: Richard Curtis, the Bridget Jones, I'm the gay one. Well I'm the girl, I'm the woman, I'm the woman of color. Well I'm this one. It's just three of them, and they pop out of everywhere. They're summoned like us. They're like summoned. They'll say a line and they'll be did you say Cavia? Like why do we keep writing this trio of friendships?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: So, now let's get to even worse thing, which is Charlotte runs into is it?
Speaker 1: It's Bitsy bits So Charlotte's outside of Sloan Kettering, which is the cancer center, right, and you know that Bitsy was married to Nathan Lane. Remember that?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so not in real life, right, but on the show, they get married and everyone's like that guy's getting married to a woman. And it was a whole big episode and was kind of funny. I liked I liked that world, okay, And she there was sort of a conversation where she like kind of was like, yeah, I know, but you know that's we're not going to say that. So she was a beard for Nathan Lane and she's annoying as fuck and always has been. And I'm not really sure why she's here.
Speaker 1: I think it's like, I mean, is it supposed to be that, you know, uh, sort of representing that these women are starting to feel like irrelevant as they get older. I don't know, I don't know. So she yes, she sees her at the center, She's like, what are what are what on her? For?
Speaker 2: Earth are you doing here? And then Charlotte tries to change the subject. It's like, well, I guess I'll see you at the Tiffany's tea time, Which are.
Speaker 1: You kidding me? Yeah? I mean they really. Charlotte is truly the worst written character.
Speaker 2: That's my least favorite because that's not a real person, right, Nobody in this day and age, like I'd go if invited, but I'm not invited.
Speaker 1: And nor I guess was bitsy. I guess so. But also, we're going to give Charlotte's character this sort of serious storyline all of a sudden, when she really has been nothing but a cartoon. And you may say, well, what, you're not happy either way, Like when she's a cartoon, you're not happy, But then they give her something real and you're not happy. But how about some kind of happy medium. How about something in the middle besides either she's crying all the time because you know, she's worried about her husband, or she's just a cartoonish mom who's like acting like she's in some kind of like what do you call it when they're when they're like doing a robbery kind of TV show, like a yes, like a heist comedy's She's a lot.
Speaker 2: She's always been a lot. I've never really enjoyed the acting, and I don't enjoy the character. I relate the least. Yeah to that, Yeah, I don't know what she's going on about. So off she goes, and everybody's whatever. Then we switch and we talked about this last week how the editing is so bad. We'll have a scene for like one minute and then it switches now where it like Sema?
Speaker 1: Right? Oh? This? Oh god?
Speaker 2: This is a scene where she's she's got her son, she's listening to her music and she has to say goodbye to her driver.
Speaker 1: Oh so sad? What's up twenty twenty five? Oh no? Does she have to say goodbye to her driver? Why? It's I'm poor now, I'm very poor, so I can't use you? Right?
Speaker 2: You know that's coming back where she's going to like get a big deal and then get her driver again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly, but it's she's the most unlikable character on the show. This is the problem is so many of them are unlikable that we don't have good choices. You know what I really root for? Are any of us supposed to be rooting for Seema?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't think you're even thinking about Sema, Like she's just such a nothing real care. I don't actually mind her as an actress. Did we say this before? I think she's fine. I think it's just again it's the writing exactly. So then she's got this appointment with mirand she's gonna help Miranda, which I didn't understand. So she's buying another place she's renting currently I guess, and then she's now going to buy because she's like, this is the perfect department.
Speaker 1: I want it. It's amazing, Oh my god. And they're like, Okay, it's a done deal.
Speaker 2: You shouldd to one hundred and fifty thousand over asking, and Miranda's like, no, on principle, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: Which I none of this. This was so stupid. Suddenly Miranda, who's living, who's living with Carrie staying in airbnbs, has some pretty and she's now living with her girlfriend, overstaying her welcome with somebody she just started dating who's letting her stay at her place and she has the money, and she's like, absolutely not, there's a problem with New York real estate.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't know, Cynthia. That's Cynthia talking. That is not see, that's Cynthia's been doing this a lot, and it's bugging me. I agree with much of her politics, but she is putting them into the show. That sounded like such a speech given that she decided to do, because remember she ran for like mayor or governor of New York. Yes, yes, I do, excuse me, So all of that is like, yeah, that's her inserting this bullshit, and we're like, we don't need to take five minutes to talk about that.
Speaker 1: That's so so just go with the character. Have somebody else do that. Have have a scene if you really want that in the show. But Miranda's character is going to be like absolutely not no, not doing it principle.
Speaker 2: Also, when they show her from behind the mom Bob, the graduated Bob is trying my patience in a way that I and I don't know if that's hormones on my end, I don't know, but I was like, I don't know, I'm on the verge of like screaming at somebody. I do not like a graduated Bob. I'm sorry. If somebody listening has that, I'm sure you're rocking it.
Speaker 1: I just cannot. I can't.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about. It is a mushroom. And then the curls under and like, yes, no, stop stop, do better so much. Yes, but sort of kind of that, but it's also like, yeah, mostly that is some version.
Speaker 1: We don't have to do that. No, we don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now we're back with Charlotte and Harry and she's being very peppy. I'm just so annoyed by that I don't even think I wrote more than she's being peppy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's trying to give him like his options and be optimistic. And one of the possibilities is all that child dysfunctions. So we're supposed to you know, Harry's like this sex machine and he's like, absolutely not right.
Speaker 2: It's a chemo. It's like chemo versus a surgery. Can I say something, bless you? Let me say this about Cross State Camp. Yeah, my dad had it. It was one of the many things he had. It's not the thing that took him out, but he had it early on and they caught it in his sixties and he had to do he did a surgery or like a radiation thing, and it really did fuck up like his stomach for the rest of his life. So if anyone's listening that is a guy or has someone in their life that has it, like make sure to like look at all the modern new options of things that you can do. He did these radiation seeds. I think it's okay to talk about it. He's he wouldn't mind. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it like really fucked up his digestive system.
Speaker 2: So that's a real thing that they're talking about we just don't we don't need the actors, We don't need Kristin Davis going like, and it's an I'm going to quit all my jobs and we're going to sell the house and we're going to live in a commune.
Speaker 1: This is we don't need that. Part of what is going to really annoy me about this episode, even though we're like almost done with the first half and I'm on page two of my notes, but is the feeling in all these women that are supposed to be it's sex in the City. It's it's progressive, and yet it's very regressive in the fact that Charlotte is immediately going to quit her job because because she says not you, he's like, what, don't do that? Right? And also Lisa, the whole story that's coming up with Lisa, where oh my god, she put her phone on do not Disturb for fuck an hour and now she's a horrible person, horrible mom, not available to people. So it's all these women, and and then Carrie having to be always available to Aiden just in case he decides he's got he's got a free weekend, then she needs to be at his service and wait for him for five years and not sleep with anybody else. Good point all of all of this is all of these characters. M hmm, it's it's ridiculous anyway.
Speaker 2: Well, and then let's just get through the next seat. Carrie goes to what are they called dough Wars.
Speaker 1: What's the name of this? Is going to what do they call the bread Hotties? Yeah, you call it? So dict do they go down to Dicto? Yeah? And just oh my god, I'm about to be like so annoyed. So just Seppie's behind the counter and they're never going to stop with Giuseppe's got a giant cock storyline, why why, it's got to be very right. But there's a woman who looks like the woman that played and it's I think it's Rob Reiner's mother. They all have what she's having lady from and Harry met Sally say it's that character. It's that older Jewish lady who's staring down Giuseppe's cock like enamored with his. That's not a fit. And Anthony goes, hey, his eyes are up here. Yeah, it's not. We're not.
Speaker 2: Let me just say as women, I can't speak for all women, but we're not that into that we don't really care.
Speaker 1: Well, we're not doing that.
Speaker 2: I never stare at a guys like I never even John Hamm, who I've met, and I am short enough that I come up to his crotch. Basically, I did not just like examine that. You know, that's weird. We don't that's not that's not a that's not a thing we do.
Speaker 1: Well. I will say that I have. I have checked out John Ham's outline, but.
Speaker 2: It's people told you too, because that everyone's talking about it and they send it to you with a circle not you wouldn't think to look at it otherwise.
Speaker 1: Right, I wouldn't be at a coffee shop and staring at a guy's dick through his pants to the point, especially in my eighties, to the point that somebody has to say, hey, eyes up here, that's just it's so cartoony. I was so annoyed.
Speaker 2: Okay, so uh sema as another listing and then but oh no, there, you can't have dogs? Is that that this conversation?
Speaker 1: I'm just She's like, I found you this time, I found you a condo, a condo, and oh abba dabba, no dogs. She's like, it's perfect for you. No, yapping dogs, and then Miranda immediately is like, oh wait dogs, no dogs, because obviously if there's no pets, that's not going to be that's not going to work for me, because like Joy, he has dogs, and I need to have dogs and I need to have sleepovers. And she's like, and also, I'm introducing Joy to Brady. Yeah, it's a lot thrown at us.
Speaker 2: And then in the midst of that, Charlotte, again speaking of Cartoony, gets the phone call and she's like, oh, no, it's Harry.
Speaker 1: It's fine. He always calls me. Nothing to call about, just a call.
Speaker 2: I'll take this over here. It's like, girl, girl, there's no way that they would really hang out with you. No, Like, this is a friend This is a friendship break up that I'd like to see happen. Oh my god, we're just now on page two. I literally just turned one page. Yeah, okay, maybe we should we break here. I guess we could get I'm sure we could keep going.
Speaker 1: We could break. We talked a lot about at the beginning. So yeah, yeah, okay, so we're gonna yeah, we're gonna get right into it.
Speaker 2: Stay for part two. You're already here, So we don't have to yell at you about listening to part one. Yeah, maybe that's why they don't listen, because we have too much upfront. Maybe they don't like the macron Okay, I like it.
Speaker 1: Hey you tell us. All right, guys, all right, we will see you in a few minutes. Goodbye, all right before, by the way, well good bye.