Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Not this fighting.
Speaker 1: We're winning, I mean, and I'm sure you've been fighting in your own way for a long time, but we're winning right now. And it is a beautiful thing to behold, and above all, it's great for the country. But please, I hope you can savor it a little bit because the last three days, right, and this has been a constant refrain on the show for a long time, but the last three days it's been like, hey, are you tired of winning yet? And then you get these big US Supreme Court decisions today as well as wins on other fronts.
Speaker 2: So yeah, this is a great thing.
Speaker 1: And it feeds on itself and in the ways we discussed earlier, So very bright future ahead. Could it be screwed up, sure, but a very bright future ahead if things keep tracking, And yeah, we got to do our stuff too, right three all three, someone, three eight two five five texts DA and five seven, seven, three nine and then thank you to the Texters who alerted me this big issue. I think it's one of the most important local issues in a long time here in Colorado, and I call local all of Colorado, and I think the governor needs to get involved in this as well. And so what we found out from our listeners about twenty five minutes ago is that the beloved Denver Zoo has to close tomorrow.
Speaker 2: It has to close at one.
Speaker 1: Why because a bunch of punk thug criminals, a mob has threatened to take over city Park like they took over Northfield Mall.
Speaker 2: I think it was on Sunday night, might have been Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, you can't have mob rule anywhere, including the city of Denver. And it is obscene the children. Think about the children and how much you love to go to the zoo as a child, and we love to take our kids to.
Speaker 2: The zoo as adults.
Speaker 1: So now you've got all these kids and parents who can't go to the zoo tomorrow because a bunch of criminal thugs are going.
Speaker 2: To take over park.
Speaker 1: Well, what what self respecting mayor, even if they're not self respecting, what mayor with any sense of civic responsibility what governor would sit back and allow this to occur. And if you're the mayor, you have direct control, right, this is your city. This is the same mayor who said he was going to use Denver police to go out and stop federal law enforcement from enforcing federal.
Speaker 2: Law in Denver.
Speaker 1: The same mayor who said he was going to rally tens of thousands to the street to stop federal law enforcement from enforcing federal law. And he's going to sit back and allow these punk thugs to take close the zoo. And don't blame the zoo. This is not the zoo's faull. The zoo has to protect those animals, it has to protect their customers. It's not the zoo's fall, it's the mayor's fault. And don't dare blame the police. You know, you know what the police sign up for. My dad was a cop for thirty years. Every one of these men and women, they sign up to go out and put their life on the line to enforce the law. One thousand percent certain law enforcement wants to be out there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Keeping the zoo open. So blame the mayor he gets elected to.
Speaker 1: I mean, the most corresponsibility of a mayor is to protect the people and protect the operation of the city. And this mayor won't stand up to a mob of young punks who advertise where they're going. They advertise that they were going to take over Northfields Mall, and they did what an embarrassment to the city. And now they've advertised they're going to take over City Park. But rather than stop them, the mayor saysn't okay. Yeah, so all these kids now can't go to the zoo. That is pathetic. So what do we do about it? And where's the governor?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, I understand it's the mayor's immediate jurisdiction, but any governor who cared at all about the people of his state would at least step up and use the platform and say we can't allow this to happen. We can't allow this precedent to be it's already been set at Northfields.
Speaker 3: We got to draw the line.
Speaker 2: We're going to keep that zoo open and we're going to use every bit of force we have to use to stop these thugs.
Speaker 1: Now, wow, incredible three oh three seOne three eight two five five. The obvious president right that got away with it at Northfields so now the mayor is going to let him get away with it here, and then what's that going to do. Oh yeah, I'm sure that's going to cause smaller mobs to now form in the future. Right, That's going to cause them to just say, oh no, it's no fun because we're able to shut down them all. We're able to shut down the zoo. We'll just stop now. No, obviously it's just going to embolden them. So tells you everything you need to know about Democrats in charge, right, And when when I was a kid, I never would have said that. From a family of proud Democrats. My dad a great Democrat, and so many law enforcement officers, at least back in Chicago Democrats.
Speaker 2: But think about the decay in that part. Think about what.
Speaker 1: It's it's gone to right now where it started like when I was a little kid. John Kennedy is president, right, John Kennedy put his life on the line to fight the communists.
Speaker 2: And then you know what do you have now?
Speaker 1: You have that the face of the Democratic Party is an avowed socialist who's probably even more of a communist communist and an open am anti semi who's going to be mayor in New York. So look at the decay in that Democratic Party and then of course the decay in Denver as a result of being ruled by Democrats, and think about what it means politically, Ryan, because I got to tell you this is such a no brainer politically right now, what a gift to Mike Johnston if he wanted to do the right thing, because he could be an instant hero. He could just let law enforcement do what law enforcement wants to do and stand up to the mob and stop the mob and keep that zoo open.
Speaker 2: And politically, in any kind of sane world, it would.
Speaker 1: Be a tremendous political gain for him, right But with these radical lefties controlling the Democratic Party, it now becomes a.
Speaker 2: Political loser for him. Think about how twisted that means.
Speaker 1: The Democrats are not the rank and file, but the people who won't and operate the party. Dan, you're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 2: Welcome they Dad.
Speaker 4: I really can't even talk what you just said. I was going to just talk to you about this. I mean, how does the mayor cow down to a mob of teenagers. I mean it just shows so much weakness, right, And I mean, you know, the good law abiding citizens. I guess they get punished, not the you know.
Speaker 2: The mob, right, I mean exactly, but they just keep electing these guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, hopefully this is their last stint. You know, they've they've basically ruined everything, and hopefully people wake up to this. So you kind of you kind of put icing on all of the take. I was gonna talk about, have a great.
Speaker 2: Weekend, Thankstein, you two that that is so true though, right, the law abiding citizens get punished. All these little kids who are looking forward to the zoo and you can remember it right as a kid. I mean, going to the zoo is a big deal. You bet.
Speaker 1: These kids have been looking forward to it all week and the parents looking forward to taking them. But now they can't go because the mob wins. With Mike Johnston's mayor, the mob wins.
Speaker 2: And don't blame the zoo.
Speaker 1: They're just doing what they have to do to protect the animals and their patrons, and the zoo blame the mayor.
Speaker 2: He's letting the mob win.
Speaker 1: Stunning Tammy and Denver and politically, great question, Dean raises, will it cost Johnston politically in Denver?
Speaker 2: Don't bet on it, right, Tammy? Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, Dan, I was just thinking out loud. Well, first of all, I want to say, they're not just kids. I mean, these are not just young people. There's a lot of old people out there too, and they're old and I'm old, but they're even older than me.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Oh, don't.
Speaker 1: Timmy educate me because all I've known is what I've read on these mobs. So you're saying the these criminals who who are now taking over big spots in Denver and fighting, it's not just young criminals, No.
Speaker 5: No, they're they're like there's a lot of I'm going to say, like seventy the seventies, early seventiesh people, sixty five that.
Speaker 2: In these mops out there fighting.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, holy can Well no, they're not the fighting parts, but they're the part of the protesting parts.
Speaker 1: Well are we talking about the same thing, because my understanding of these mops is that it's these are young criminals and they take over these places. The first was Northfield and then they fight.
Speaker 2: Oh no, different deals.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're talking. Yeah, like the reason why I called this, do we have to worry about the museum as well? Because it's going to be really warm tomorrow, and my grand baby and I were actually going to go to the museum.
Speaker 1: Wow, well it'll probably be easier to get in.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, but I don't know to the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe they'll have any exhibit.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll have an exhibit from like thirty years ago when when the mayors of Denver used to enforce the law. But Tammy appreciate the call. Sorry about that, Timmy appreciate the call.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Want to squeeze everybody, And when we come back, we'll start with Joe in monument and then get to our other callers and text. But if you just joined us, thank you. But here's what's going on. The beloved Denver Zoo has to close tomorrow. Not their fault, they have to close tomorrow because of a mob of lawbreakers has said that they're going to take over city Park. So Mayor Johnston, rather than stopping the mob, punishes the innocent civilians and the kids. So the kids now can't go to the zoo because Johnston's going to let the mob do what they want to do.
Speaker 2: Do we have a mayor or a mouse? You're on the Dan Capitla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 7: We're learned tonight that the Denver Zoo is going to close seven hours early Saturday ever concerns about a planned takeover event. The zoo tells us Denver Police warn them about an event called City Park Takeover that's circulating right now.
Speaker 2: On social media.
Speaker 7: Now, as a precaution, they're going to close at one pm instead of eight pm to avoid any potential problems. We first told you about these takeover events after hundreds of teenagers showed up at the shops at Northfield all over the weekend. Multiple flights broke out and Denver police were forced to come in and break it up.
Speaker 1: See, this is an outrage, total outrage. Don't blame the zoo and don't blame the cops. Blame Marr Johnston. He won't stand up to this mob and say not on my watch. I'm going to do whatever I have to do to make sure people can go to the zoo and people can use City Park on a beautiful Saturday Sunday in late June, one of the latest days of the year.
Speaker 2: And so now kids can't think.
Speaker 1: About the beautiful night it's going to be at the zoo tomorrow and kids can't go Johnston, won't stand up to this mob. That's just sick and it just encourages more lawlessness. It's absolutely backwards. Again, don't blame the zoo. This is on Johnston. Three or three someone three A, two five five the number? Want to get to more text, more calls and big US Supreme Court decisions today and I broke down in great detail. And I say great because the details are great and it's of monumental importance to this nation. This decision today that that no individual district court judges cannot enjoin, cannot lock up and stop a president, being a Democrat or Republican president nationwide, that they can just.
Speaker 2: Impact the litigants in front of them.
Speaker 1: There are some exceptions to that, but the general rule now is no that that Congress, when it passed the Judiciary Act and gave the judiciary this particular power, that Congress never intended nor did it give the power for an individual judge to roll on anything other than the against in front of the judge. So I read extensively from the opinion earlier that would have started at about four h six. I'll get back to it in a bit. But this issue is so local and so important, Joe and monument. You're on the Dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 2: Welcome Dan. You know it's funny you asked.
Speaker 6: Where Governor Polus would be on this, and I'm thinking, do you remember the riots and nger than he hid?
Speaker 2: He hid for days?
Speaker 6: You know, maybe we should call President Trump up and ask you to activate the color out of National Guard because our governor and I Revember don't have the kahonas to stand up to these people.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, man, and you know what, think about what it tells you politically, Joe, because this should be such an easy political no brainer. First, Johnston and Polish should do the right thing for the right reason. But politically you would think, Okay, I'm going to stand up to a mob so people can use city park, including the zoo, on a beautiful June Saturday. That's got to be a ninety two ninety nine to one issue in your favor, right, But the radical left that controls the Democratic Party now is so whack. Johnson views this as a political loser.
Speaker 6: And as a citizen of the state of Colorado who has worked in Denver, who has watched Denver go down to cheaps, this is just another reason for me not to go to my state capitol.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, Joe, appreciate the call. This is crazy and it's just so wrong in its core, right, But the political price Now, obviously Johnston does the calculation and thanks so in the Democratic Party now in Colorado, and their calculation is, and it's right until it's proven wrong, that it's all about winning the primary, and whoever wins the primary is going to win the general. And that if you have enough money, you're going to win the primary. It's the police model, right, And so where's the big money on the left. It's from these crazy psycho radical lefties and who don't want status quote, they want to break down of order. They don't want the kind of America the rest of us want. Across party lines, that's where the money is, so that's where the power is. So that's who Johnston caters to. And look what it does to the people at Denver, and it should really tick you off. That real world impact. All these kids, all these families that won't be able to go to the zoo after one o'clock tomorrow because Johnston chooses to punish the innocent and reward the criminals. Three at three seOne, three eight, two five five the number. How frustrating ryan for law enforcement because as a dad who was a cop for thirty years, these are men and women who could do a lot of different things in their life, and they sign up to risk their lives in order to stop bad people from doing bad things, and then so often in these blue controlled cities they're not allowed to do that.
Speaker 2: Because of politics.
Speaker 1: So how frustrating for law enforcement because you can bet every man and women on that force would want to stand up and do what they had to do to make sure kids and families could go to the zoo and the criminals were not rewarded. Dan Hopefully the city has plans for a response if gangs break into the closed zoo. Not too hard to imagine that possibility, Marty, Marty, I have no doubt whatsoever that the men and women in Blue DPD would not allow that to happen and would stop it from happening. My frustration is, and that's an understatement, is that Johnston is not going to put the word out that you're not taking over the park, you're not closing the zoo. Put the word out to the mops. We're going to do what.
Speaker 2: We have to do to stop you from even getting to that point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three or three? Someone three eight, two, five five the number. Let's go to David in the Springs here on the dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 8: Hey, how are you Dan?
Speaker 3: I'm living the dream?
Speaker 2: How about you?
Speaker 8: You know what? We should just have one hundred and fifty Americans with sense in their head decide to go to the zoo, you know, A couple of ranchers, a few guys from the local gym decide, why don't they go down to the room and all fast that last.
Speaker 2: Hey, I love the way you're thinking.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this, David right now, that if if I thought it would be permitted, and I don't know if we could pull it together this quickly, I'd go down there and join you, and I would act within the law. You can't take the law into your own hands, but just as a citizen just wanting to stand up for what's right, I'd go down there and at least be present. I wouldn't take any action that would violate the law. But I'm quite sure that the way it's going to be set up tomorrow, that would not be an option and would probably just make things worse.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thanks brother, Kay, appreciate the call.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that. Appreciate the call. And again, last thing I want to do is complicate things for law enforcement because it it just drives me crazy the way they have their hands tied by these politicians. Remember if the area takeover, you got all these kids, and the kids at area work so hard. Most of them are working jobs, every dollar matters, trying to get their degree. In Johnston, once again he bends the knee in front of the lawbreakers, and the lawbreakers get to have their way hands off from Johnston.
Speaker 2: When you know the police.
Speaker 1: Would love to just step in and do what they signed up to do and force the law. Let the good law abiding citizens enjoy the city of Denver and punish the lawbreakers. But with Johnston, it's backwards. It's the other way around. And tomorrow is exhibit A.
Speaker 2: Did you used to go to the zoo?
Speaker 3: Rne?
Speaker 9: I love this, Oh me too as a kid. This whole story is really bumming me out man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and yeah, because and I bet everybody listen in the same way. Some of your fondest memories are at the zoo, And just think of all those little kids planning to go tomorrow and now they can, and how many beautiful late because we're only a few days past the solstice? Late beautiful summer evenings like this do you get? But no, kids can't be at the zoo because Johnston's letting the mob rule.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, when we come back, I do want to take you back to It's a monumentally important US Supreme Court decision today. Get you a little bit of language out of the case because it was red hot. You're on the Dan Kapler Show.
Speaker 3: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 10: You're not twelve on Justice Jackson's argument, which is said, odds with more than two centuries worth of president not to mention the Constitution?
Speaker 3: Is that AI? Oh that's Kelly Cacerra.
Speaker 9: Oh okay, but your associate producer slash callscram I'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Kelly, I don't recognize that as you I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess I was waiting for Justice Barrett's voice and I just got thrown.
Speaker 3: Well, you know that we don't have audio from that, We just have the script.
Speaker 2: But that's what I was wondering, Ryan, because sometimes, as you know, justices will read opinions from the bench.
Speaker 1: It's rare rich justice. So tom Or read her descent from the bench today. But yeah, so wow, Kelly, great job.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: She did the whole thing in that paragraph.
Speaker 9: Oh well, I need to play it's like a broadside against kb J.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't want to ruin that.
Speaker 3: Oh you had to let her go. No, let her cook, Let Kelly cook.
Speaker 2: Let Kelly cook.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I want you to know I read this opinion and I'm ready to talk about it. But since Kelly put all this work in, here we go.
Speaker 10: We will not dwell on Justice Jackson's argument. No, we're just at odds with more than two centuries worth of president. Not to mention the Constitution itself, we observe only this Justice Jackson. He cries an imperial executive while embracing an imperial judiciary.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was beautifully done.
Speaker 3: Lots of good annunciation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the annunciation was Justice Barrett would have approved of that. I think I'd like to think. So, yes, I was.
Speaker 10: Under dress, just so we all now, Yeah, you know Raven was making fun of me, and yeah I had to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me read another portion of this opinion. And again, if you just joined us, here's why this opinion is so enormously important to the republic because whether you have a Democrat president and we might again someday hopefully not, or a Republican president, you have to have a president. And if the new normal was to be that a single district court judge anywhere could enjoin, could stop the president nationwide, then all of a sudden, the presidency could not function. That doesn't mean the president is now allowed to do unconstitutional things or illegal things, not at all. All it means is that the Congress did not give the judiciary the power to allow a single district court judge to stop a president nationwide. That's all this ruling means. And even this ruling has some exceptions, but the general rule now will be no, you can't do that. You can't have these universal injunctions from a single district court judge. And that's no insult to district court judges. Listen, I've been doing this forty plus years. Every district court judge, and that means a federal court judge who sits on a trial court in one of the different districts across the countries. You know, every district court judge. I've been in front of anywhere in the nation has been extremely high caliber. Whether they share my legal philosophy or not, or share my political background, it doesn't matter. They've been extremely high quality individuals. So this is a very bipartisan ruling in the sense that it just says, no, there's a balance of power in this country. Congress got to set the framework for the judiciary through the Judiciary Act, and it didn't give judges, individual district court judges this power. Presidents can still be held fully responsible, as they should be, for any unconstitutional or otherwise illegal act, but it can't be stopped nationwide by an individual judge.
Speaker 2: There's a way to stop it.
Speaker 1: You go through the process and then you can have the US Supreme Court stop it, but not an individual judge. Now, the judge can stop it as it pertains to the individuals in front of the court.
Speaker 2: So let's say in the birthright.
Speaker 1: Citizenship case, the people who litigated these cases, Yes, that district court judge who said that the president's executive order is unconstitutional. In that case, those litigants their children will now be considered citizens. But you can't apply that to the whole nation when it's just one judge.
Speaker 2: Now, the U S.
Speaker 1: Supreme Court can stop a president nationwide. There's a process for that. But the court laying down such an important ruling, whether it's a Republican or Democrat president, that know, it was never intended to work the way it's working now, three or three someone three eight, two, five, five. But then in the middle of that, we saw something really unusual because, as you know, normally, when these Supreme Court justices criticize each other, there's a certain protective coding on it, and they make the legal point they need to make, and they make the factual point they need to make. They may make a philosophical point, they may throw in a little poetry, and there can be some sharp elbows.
Speaker 2: But this was raw, and I'm about to redo a piece of it. This was raw.
Speaker 1: And what it was was Justice Barrett writing for the majority. But it's the whole majority, all six who signed onto this opinion.
Speaker 2: That then just roast Justice Jackson here.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know any other way to say it than just very very direct criticism that was even mocking. And then why do you think they did this? Because these are all high caliber people, right, These are all high caliber individuals, so that they're not going to engage in schoolyard taunts or anything like that. They're trying to make an important point here with this unusually personal reaction to Justice Jackson. And remember the way this stuff works is the majority gets to have the final word. So the majority opinion that Justice Barrett writes and the others join is written after she has a chance to see the descent, and this is part of what she wrote. Justice Jackson, however, chooses a startling line of attack that is tethered neither to these sources nor frankly, to any doctrine whatsoever, waving away attention to the limits on judicial power as a quote mind numbingly technical query. She offers a vision of the judicial role that would make even the most ardent defender of judicial supremacy blush. And then they quote part of the dissent. But this goes so much further than majorities normally go, saying things like it's hey, this isn't tethered at all to the law, and then kind of mocking her by saying she waves away that the limits on judicial power is a quote mind numbingly technical query, And again, that's that's the kind of shot you normally don't see justices.
Speaker 2: Take at each other.
Speaker 1: But what appears to have really and I'll get tomorrow this really frustrated the majority is is that Justice Jackson is claiming in her descent that the majority at this point is authorizing lawlessness. And I think that that deeply bothered the majority because because they're not doing that at all. What they're saying is the opposite is we as judges have to follow the law too. We can't be exercising power beyond what the law gives us. And that's why they talk repeatedly of her Justice Jackson's position of judicial supremacy. That under her position, as the majority sees it, and I agree that courts could, excuse me, go beyond the power the law gave them if they were trying to stop a president. And then they say down here, And this is another really hard shot rhetoric. Aside, Justice Jackson's position is difficult.
Speaker 2: To pin down.
Speaker 1: She might be arguing that universal injunctions are appropriate, even required, when the defendant is part of the executive branch. If so, her position goes far beyond the mainstream defense of universal injunctions as best we can tell, though her argument is more extreme still because its logic does not depend on the entry of a universal injunction. Justice Jackson appears to believe that the reasoning behind any court order demands universal adherent at least as the executive where the executive is concerned. And then she drops the hammer that Kelly recorded earlier and that you're seeing quoted in a lot of the media coverage. I just wanted to take you deeper here.
Speaker 8: But.
Speaker 3: Than the hammer quote.
Speaker 1: We will not dwell on Justice Jackson's argument, which is at odds with more than two centuries worth the precedent not to mention the Constitution itself.
Speaker 2: We observe only this.
Speaker 1: Justice Jackson decries an imperial executive while embracing an imperial judiciary, So tough stuff.
Speaker 2: I think the.
Speaker 1: Majority, I think you have two things going on here with that intensity. One is, I think Justice Barrett, who has taken a lot of heat for joining with Justice Jackson said of my Ora and keg and in some opinions as saying, wait a second, I'm out here being intellectually honest, and then you write a dissent like that. But the other part is, I think the majority he just wants to send a message. We will show normal deference and respect to judicial colleagues when you're disagreeing based on law or fact or even judicial philosophy. But when you go outside those bounds and you engage in this kind of rhetoric like we're jeopardizing the republic and we're authorizing lawlessness and it's not hooked to anything legal. No, we're going to make sure the world knows that. So they're drawing some lines here and it'll be interesting to see how that affects things going forward.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We have a mayor or a mouse.
Speaker 1: I think the question answers itself. So think about this story. Right, So tomorrow, all these little kids looking forward to going to the zoo and all their families, well they're not going to be able to go after one o'clock tomorrow because Mayor Johnston won't stand up to the mob. You got a mob of roving young people. They took over Northfields Mall last week and then they fight and they advertise where they're going next. So rather than just send the message, yeah, you got this great police department, one of the best anywhere, and I'm sure, they'd love to stand up to this mob. But rather than the mayor standing up to the mob and saying, oh, no, I'm not closing city park. I'm not closing the zoo on a Saturday or any day not in my town, rather than doing that, he lets the mob win. So kids, yeah, just go home and watch animals on TV or something. What a horrible precedent. But do not blame the zoo. They do great work at the zoo. Don't blame the zoo. This isn't on them. Don't blame the men and women in blue. It's not on them. This is on the mayor and the governor, with his platform.
Speaker 2: Should at least be speaking out on this.
Speaker 9: This just in It just shows that we kind of live in two different Colorados. Here, Dan de petting on what county you live in? I think it could be as that as specific. I texted the sheriff, Steve Reims, will be filling in for you Monday through Wednesday.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a pertinent person to ask.
Speaker 9: I said, hey, yes, if the zoo were in Weld County, how would this be handled? These punk teams looking to go jets and sharks? His answer, quote, well, the zoo wouldn't be closing.
Speaker 1: Yeah and that, and it'd probably be like I suggested to the zoo's spokesperson, who was kind enough to come on the show. You know, hey, you got the secret weapons there. Just open the cages, let them add, let them eat, let them eat, yeah, exactly, let.
Speaker 9: Them eat the mob againans own alligator Alcatraz and just sell the video, sell the video.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, they could pave the streets in Gold over there.
Speaker 3: True Darwinism at work, right man.
Speaker 1: I'm telling no jury would convict him. It could just be an accident.
Speaker 3: I would just be concerned about the animals getting hurt. Everything else about that idea I love.
Speaker 1: I'd picked the animals on an ad Lord. I didn't fully appreciate it till we took that amazing trip to Africa.
Speaker 2: But these giraffes, you want nothing to do with them. I mean, they are big and tall, and they can kick rhinos. Those all it could probably kick your car over rhinos.
Speaker 1: Oh, elephants. You get the whole game together, the whole gang. Oh man, let's do this. I would pay to see that. Dan, you are on fire today, mayor or Mouse, the dishonorable mouse, Mike Johnston.
Speaker 2: Gives teenage mob the key to the city of Denver. So very true.
Speaker 3: Looking for cheese. You can trap him easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And then switching to the big US Supreme Court decision day, Dan, I've been hearing the Dems are now going to use class action suits to litigate these issues. We can deep dive that more later. I don't think they're gonna have any luck with that.
Speaker 9: Well, real quick, Phil none the wiser. The ag has vowed that he's gonna disregard the Scotus Order when it comes to the birthright citizenship. He's just gonna punt it, ignore it.
Speaker 1: Well, that'd be consistent, right, These guys are just so totally lawless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that would be very consistent.
Speaker 9: Democrats promised us a return to nor respect for our institute, who they have a big different definition of norms if you haven't noticed, my.
Speaker 1: Friend, And that's why this US Supreme Court decision today was so huge, because think if it became the norm in this country. And I have such great respect for district court judges everyone I've been in front of everywhere in the country, no matter who appointed them. They've been very high caliber. But we can't have a functioning presidency, whether it's a Democrat or Republican. If a single district court judge can stop presidential action nationwide, Now, if presidential action is unconstitutional or illegal, should be stopped, but it cannot be stopped under the law the power given to the judiciary, an individual judge cannot stop at nation wide unless and this is going to be a small percentage of the cases, that's the only way to give the relief to the litigants in front of them. So the power of the judiciary, as I think the majority explains so well today, is say you've got this individual district court judge in the federal court system, and she has these people gating in.
Speaker 2: Front of her their rights.
Speaker 1: Well, the judge is entitled to determine who wins and to make sure their rights are protected. And in rare cases that may mean there's a need for a nationwide impact for that particular plaintiff, but that's going to be really rare, is even I think the dissentic knowledge today. So no, all the majority saying is judges have to follow the judiciary has to follow the law to and Congress did not give the judiciary the power to have individual judges stopped the president nationwide real quickly.
Speaker 2: That's what it says.
Speaker 9: On the issue of Joe Biden with student loan forgiveness, that worked its way up through the courts. There was an injunction issued, but that got all the way to Scotis and then they still try to defy it.
Speaker 2: Right, it is a lawless party.
Speaker 1: It's anti science, it's anti law, it's anti faith, it's anti a lot of things. I'm not talking about individual Democrats. I'm talking about the people control the party. Did you see this statement from President Trump right now that he saved the Ayatola from a quote ugly death.
Speaker 2: Probably, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure the Ayatola feels completely saved at this point. Hey, have a great weekend, my friend. Thanks for everything, and thanks. I'm going to be in trial prep at the beginning of next week, so Sheriff Steve Riems will be in and I can just pause. I can hear the applause ringing off of I twenty five and elsewhere in the state. Kelly, you're the best. Hey, you have a tremendous weekend. Didn't catch you soon? On The Dan Kapital Show,