Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty The Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: What's Happenings Time four, What's Happening Sun, our own hurricane hunter of sorts. ABC's Jim Ryan is in Texas covering the story. Of course, what is going on Jim in terms of the latest with.
Speaker 3: Well, unfortunately, Gary, the death toll has risen now to thirty four across four states. This storm came in late last night about eleven o'clock as a Category four Hurricane Helene, with winds topping one hundred and thirty miles per hour, has done damage across at least four states. It's still out there churning along. Certainly the winds have died down dramatically, the rainfall has dropped off. But we have at least three and a half million people without electricity this afternoon across the entire southeast, from Florida to Georgia, the Carolinas, Kentucky all the way up to Virginia and now some states are feeling this Ohio as far away as Ohio, so hundreds and hundreds of miles of damage of power outages and yes, fatalities because of Hurricane Helen.
Speaker 2: Carey, probably a day or two before we get a full picture of the effects in Florida, of course, But can we compare this I heard Governor DeSantis a couple of times yesterday and then this morning. Also compare it to previous recent hurricanes that have come through. Do we have any idea where to place it on that list?
Speaker 3: Well, it's celebrating the record books, I think. I mean, this is the fourth named storm in the Gulf of Mexico this year. Fourth you know that hasn't happened before. This storm Helene was the most powerful ever to hit that particular part of the Big Bend area of Florida at last year. And that same part of the state has seen hurricanes the last two years in a row. So yeah, this is a it's an unusual time, and certainly I think that this storm certainly is going to outpace those others Ida and Ada in that same region simply because of its strength.
Speaker 1: Jim Ryan, nobody covers hurricanes like you do. We appreciate your time today. Thanks you all right. Israel targeted another Hesbala leader, Nissan Nasralla, in a strike today on Bay Route. He and some of his lieutenants were in Beirute making a quick visit when the strike took place. Israel let the US no less than an hour before that it was going to happen. Unclear whether it was successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, according to there's a couple of different conflicting reports, and even the Israeli Defense Force doesn't usually get into this too much, but apparently they have been saying that there is evidence that Nosrala would have been in that building at the time, which is why they struck it, of course duh.
Speaker 4: But that they may have gotten the guy. They may have gone after the big guy.
Speaker 1: When it comes to Hesbelah, It's about to be damn hot another extended stretch of above average temperatures beginning this weekend. They say the marine layer Patchie Fogg will help keep temps down along the coast, but areas of the valley Inland Empire will be in the mid nineties this weekend. Thing's going to heat up even more coming Monday.
Speaker 2: I saw some of the thickest fog I've seen in months this morning on the way in here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been foggy at my place.
Speaker 2: I love the idea of starting the day with the sunglasses on. It's always a nice thing. The sun is in your eyes as you're driving to work. I love the sog though. And then all of a sudden you go over a hill somewhere and it just is socked in thick fog.
Speaker 4: I love fog.
Speaker 2: Police are investigating a few burglaries involving separate pharmacies in the San Fernando Valley from this morning. They said, all three stories stories, I should say, in about two hours, starting at about three point thirty, there was a pharmacy on Ventura Boulevard there in Woodland Hills, responding to a call of a number of males in black hoodies that got in there and took stuff. Less than an hour later, they were called to a block on Ventura in Tarzana, again four males wearing black clothes and.
Speaker 4: Sea ski masks.
Speaker 2: And then the third pharmacy was hit at about five thirty this morning in Encino, also right along Ventura Boulevard.
Speaker 4: All four in that location.
Speaker 2: We're able to take items from the store before they took off in and in a Dodge durngo.
Speaker 4: Hey, you want to give away some tickets? Oh yeah, let's give away some tickets. Well, it is Halloween time.
Speaker 2: The Disneyland Resort KFI wants to give you a chance to experience the frightful fun. The Happiest Halloween has brought fiendishly tasty treats and thrills for one and all and both to California Adventure and Disneyland Park of course through October thirty first. So right now your chance to pick up a four pack of one day one park tickets to the Disneyland Resort again. A four pack of one day one park tickets eight hundred five to two oh one KFI. That's eight hundred five to two oh one five three four. Collar number six is going to win those tickets. How would you like me to put lip stick on?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's a funny thing with your hand. I don't know what it is. It's I don't know what it is. It's almost like you're you're holding a pan flute while you're doing it.
Speaker 4: Really well, how do you put your lipstick on? You'd have to manage the Only time.
Speaker 1: I've seen you have lipstick on, your wife put it on for you.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: That's how I do it is I have my wife do it for me.
Speaker 1: Well, we have another week upon us of the NFL.
Speaker 4: It is week four. It is going to be clearer after this week and the.
Speaker 1: Following week where everyone's kind of settled in. Been some surprises, been some odd games that we have seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and here's how we play our Gas Fantasy for Play. We're going to post this up on Twitter. You can reply to our post or make sure that you use the hashtag gas Fantasy for Play to be an official entrant into this contest of wills and skills and wits where Jacob has picked four games. They're not all easy, and we get to figure out who we think is going to win each of those four games, and it'd get all four correct.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get some Gary and Channon choswag.
Speaker 1: These are like the presidential polls right now. When you look at these four games, it's kind of a toss up here. I just wanted to mention this for Raiders fans. Unfortunately, bad news coming out this hour. DeVante Adams with a hamstring is out. So is Max Crosby with that ankle injury out against the Browns.
Speaker 2: If you're picking those games, hopefully those don't appear in an hour.
Speaker 1: Well, the Browns are awful too, So there's that. There is that, Jacob. Game number one, all.
Speaker 6: Right, Game number one, we have the Pittsburgh Steelers going to Indianapolis to take on the Colts.
Speaker 1: I had a up close and personal look at the Steelers, and they are stout on the line there where many believe the games are one quarterback looks great fields fit in. They found their quarterback there in Pittsburgh. The Colts, though, I love Shane Steichen what he's able to do agus Bradley defense as well.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like the Steelers are finding their identity. I'm going to go with the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: I have a different metric by which I'm choosing this week, and I won't tell you until the end, but I also am picking the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's gonna be a different metric. That's exciting, Jacob. I have Pittsburgh in this one too, all right, Keana Steelers.
Speaker 2: Oh wows sweet for the Steelers over the Colts, which means we're all.
Speaker 4: Going to get it wrong.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 4: Game two, Jacob.
Speaker 6: Game two, it's a rematch in the NFC playoffs from last year, and we have the Philadelphia Eagles and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 4: This is a toss up for me.
Speaker 1: I like the way Baker's been playing. I don't like looking at siria Is, at Sirianni's face during the games. It's frustrating. I'm gonna go with the home team Buccaneers on this one. I'm gonna be close, though.
Speaker 2: I think I have to stick to my guns here and I'm sticking with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'll tell you why later, Jacob, Yeah, I have the.
Speaker 2: Eagles in this one too, and Keanas Okay, at least we're splitting it up yet, see what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Game three, Game number three, we have a battle of two other NFC teams. We have the Washington Commanders and the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 1: Jaden Daniels looked good, good on Monday night. Yeah, so maybe the Commander's long National nightmar is coming to an end. The Cardinals looked good and then failed me last week when the Lions went to Arizona. I'm gonna go with the Commanders.
Speaker 2: I'm also picking the Commanders, and you may have you may have stumbled upon my my reasoning Okay, you haven't figured it out yet. Why I'm picking these No, pick the Commanders, Jacob.
Speaker 6: I have Washington too, all right, Keano, I have the Cardinals.
Speaker 7: Why.
Speaker 4: I don't know, good answer. None of us know why we're doing this. That's the best part.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 4: Our fourth and final game this week, all right.
Speaker 6: The fourth game is our primetime game, and that is the Buffalo Bills going to Baltimore to take on Lamar Jackson and the Raven.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I hope this is Sunday night because I want to see this game. You know, Josh Allen's playing lights out. Lamar at home is always something you don't want to bet against, and that's exactly what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: I'll take Buffalo.
Speaker 2: I also took Buffalo, So this is we're very similar. We have one one between you and I. At least we have one choice that's different. Jacob, I have Baltimore in this one. Okay, that's also I see.
Speaker 4: That you're a little bit shaky on that. Well, well, they should have lost to the Raiders, that's for sure. I don't think I can pick Kean. I got the Bills.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got the Bills. Now, I picked the Steelers, Eagles, Commanders, and Bills. You like teams on the road, No, but it turns out that way. I like quarterbacks whose names start with the letter J. That's how bad it's gotten, how bad it's got no other by which I.
Speaker 4: Can choose, Jacob, Can you come in here and give him a hug.
Speaker 2: I've tried ESPN writings, I've tried NFL dot com rankings, I've tried opponent like.
Speaker 4: None of that. None of that seems to work.
Speaker 2: I've even gone as far as like color of the uniform, where it lands in terms of wavelength.
Speaker 1: I'm going to tell you something or ask you something I've asked of myself. You watch a fair amount of football. I watch a fair amount of football. Who cares what someone else's opinion is, what's your opinion?
Speaker 2: Well, sure, but none of that works for me. I see Jalen Jaden, Jalen, justin Jaden Josh.
Speaker 1: It was a very big, important initial in the early two thousands, the Jay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of Jaden. Yeah, that was very big.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, let's let you pick your teams as well and let us know it.
Speaker 2: Gary and Channon go on Twitter and a reply we'll post that tweet here just a couple of minutes reply to that or use the hashtag gas fantas see four the number four play uh and tell us who you think is going to win each of those four games? What you learned this week on The Gary and Shanna Show. When we come back, do not forget. You can check out Tonight's one of the last regular season games for the Dodgers on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Of course, the final week in a Major League Baseball's regular season, the Mets, Braves, Diamondbacks still playing for a couple of final wildcard spots. Over in the American League, you got the Mariners, Twins, Royals, and Tigers still have a chance to win to join the Orioles as wildcard teams on that one.
Speaker 4: So well, we like to find out what you learned on this show.
Speaker 1: It is a fountain of knowledge that we spew Monday to Friday from nine to one.
Speaker 4: A fountain of knowledge. That's an awful way to put it correct. Is this going to be octopus heavy?
Speaker 2: I think, let's see, I know there there's at least one octopus.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's going to be two octopus seven for sure.
Speaker 5: You guys love to show like always, but I just learned something today.
Speaker 7: And I know it's early for what to learn this week, but here's what I learned.
Speaker 1: Bears know how to scat pop puppy boo boo, Hey boo boo, want to pick and make a basket, have a great day.
Speaker 4: I guess we did a song about bear scat. I don't remember that at all.
Speaker 8: Hi, guys, this is four year What did I learn from Gary and Shannon this week? Listening to the show that you're broadcasting from Bjay's. It's fun and it was really sweet that you were going to sing Happy Birthday to Melissa. But what I learned is that, my gosh, I don't think Shannon can carry a too.
Speaker 4: I know I appreciate that because I.
Speaker 7: Can't carry it.
Speaker 8: Told plunk as they used to say, but don't sing, Shannon, I don't.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize. Uh, we were all yeah. My microphone was on, so I didn't realize that. And I know I cannot carry a tune. I never have been able to. They like, let me in there when I was in Catholic school, did yeah, And I don't know why they did that. I think they did it because of.
Speaker 7: God, go what I learned today or this week? Neil savega love. The guy doesn't know what he's talking about. When it comes to seasoning cast iron. It's not an orange about a ten inch and it was cast iron, but it was orange. What did that?
Speaker 5: Do?
Speaker 7: You season them with bacon oil?
Speaker 3: You don't use refined oils.
Speaker 7: Grandma, great grandma didn't have that. She had bacon green.
Speaker 4: That's a great point.
Speaker 5: I now can cook crepes in that band.
Speaker 4: I mean the.
Speaker 2: Creps taste like bacon, but that's also fine, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I think that'd be okay.
Speaker 9: Hey, Gary and Chennon Bob up here in Big Bear.
Speaker 4: You opened the door to electoral college. You know who knows about that?
Speaker 9: And I was under the assumption that you know, winner takes all, Like do you expose the fact that it doesn't work that way? So kind of opened up the discussion around the dinner table, me and the family. So we've learned a lot, so appreciate it.
Speaker 7: Thanks love you guys.
Speaker 4: Wow wow, I.
Speaker 1: Thought everybody who's well it was a lateral, shallow truth that we need to take time and then talk about things. Right.
Speaker 4: I guess it's water No, no, nope, Hey.
Speaker 5: Garyan, Shannon has bought for morl Bay.
Speaker 4: Well, this week I learned that Shannon is not a giant fan, which is very refreshing. However, your love of the forty nine ers there is a little long pudding. Go ram love the show.
Speaker 7: Have a great weekend.
Speaker 4: It's always somebody somebody's I just want to throw that.
Speaker 10: Gary and Shannon, this is Madcal from Nevada. Hey, buddy, but what I learned this week is you better best be careful with your bling down there looking rich and shiny and star power and stuff.
Speaker 4: You might get rubbed.
Speaker 10: Come on up here where the subtle richness lives on.
Speaker 4: Did you say mad Cow? Yes?
Speaker 10: I think, Hey, Garyan Shannon, this is mad Cow from Nevada.
Speaker 2: From Nevada, yeah, I said, now modesto. Yeah, there's subtle richness in Nevada, right. Marin County is known for Nevado.
Speaker 1: No, Nevado is uh is more Pedaloma than it is San Rafel.
Speaker 4: Okay it is. I'll give you that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Hey, Gary and Shannon, it's skippy.
Speaker 4: Hey Skippy.
Speaker 11: I learned that octopuses are aliens. YEP, I thought I learned that on your show, or maybe I just knew it, yep, like Gary did.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: See, it happens like that. Sometimes knowledge just comes to you and you don't know where. For the same reason the Lord kept you in the choir.
Speaker 1: I was singing non eagles wings, and I should not have had a place in that.
Speaker 4: Choir box and that other the glory glory, so too, rise and shine and give God your glory glory. Hey, guys, what I learned on Gary and Shannon.
Speaker 12: This week is my beloved Pack ten that became the Pac twelve. Ye it then became the Pac two is now the Pack seven, don right. I also learned that Gary has absolutely no faith in Rainbow Kitty, and Rainbow Kitty will soon be flying high in the sky.
Speaker 4: With mister bumber Puss.
Speaker 12: Have a great week. Sorry missus News and Bruis. You guys always plant it on a day.
Speaker 4: I can't make it. It was on purpose. What's rainbow Kitty? I don't know. I thought that was a you thing. I don't know what that's. Oh maybe your rainbow.
Speaker 1: Your rainbow cat that you gave away that went over the rainbow.
Speaker 4: That was a white cat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's the rainbow bridge. Right when your pet dies, it goes over the Rainbow Bridge.
Speaker 4: That's kind of a stretch.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: Hey, This week on the Gary and Shannon Show, I learned that they are true professionals because they can pronounce chasso whiska ye without even stopping, which is impressive for someone who lives a continent away from Florida.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 5: Thanks for all you do. Enjoy the show.
Speaker 4: Take care bah absolutely. This week on to garyan Channon Show, I learned that travel is good for your health. Yes, researchers at Edith Cohen University in Australia.
Speaker 3: I did a study and it indicated that traveling to new places and touring in general stimulates the brain.
Speaker 4: Makes you healthy, all that good stuff. I rather said to myself, it's very interesting. Anyway, with that, I'm on my way to Mali. You'll have a good weekend. Hello, I love it. It's a degree. It's time for our nine news novich me tonight. Do you want to describe these Why we do these?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 1: These are the stories that kind of fall through the cracks of the news couch because we've got to get to bigger.
Speaker 4: Things during news couch. Yeah, you like that? Good?
Speaker 1: Anyway, we make time for them on Fridays at the end of the show. It's the dregs of the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: When we're running on fumes.
Speaker 10: We are.
Speaker 4: Here's Honorable Mention.
Speaker 3: Honorable Mention, not.
Speaker 5: Honor.
Speaker 6: Serving with you, great and honorable most is So today we're holding auditions to become the newest member of Honorable Mention.
Speaker 1: Well, we told you earlier in the show about that island in the Indian Ocean where they're going to blow up the rats to save the albatross and seabirds as well, because the rats are.
Speaker 4: Eating them alive.
Speaker 1: Well, there is an island that is close to Alaska, and a possible rat siding there has prompt a search for said rat.
Speaker 2: I think I've seen this if you've ever watched any of those real life crabbing shows on the History Channel or anything like this. They refer to Saint Paul Island every once in a while, and the Saint Paul Island part of the pribilof Islands. They refer to it as one of the birding havens in the entire world that often referred to as the Galapagos of the North because of its diversity of life.
Speaker 4: I believe puffins live there.
Speaker 2: But they do not want. I think puffins are in the south part. I think puffins are down there.
Speaker 4: But in Alaska, off of Alaska. Yeah, but I don't know if they're that that far north.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well I'll look it up, Okay, do that. There's a problem. If you get a rat on Saint Paul Island, it's going to be a problem. Rats that stow away on vessels can quickly populate and overrun these remote islands, devastating bird populations because they eat the eggs, the chicks or even adults, and upending the once vibrant ecosystem, which is exactly the problem that we were talking about on that island with the mice and the the albat trusses. Alba Trust says rodents have been removed successfully from hundreds of islands worldwide, including one in the chain, the Alaskan Illution Chain formerly known as Rat Island. But the thing is it can take years, it can cost millions of dollars. So when somebody received a report of a rodent in June, wildlife officials arrived at that apartment complex. They crawled through nearby grasses around the building. They looked under the porch for any tracks or shoe marks or droppings that they could find. They baited traps with peanut butter instead of trail cameras to see if there was a rat. But even as of now, three months later, they say they cannot prove that.
Speaker 4: There was a rat. Well, I will say that we are both correct.
Speaker 1: There are tufted puffins that live on Saint Paul Island. However, they only arrive in late April, sometimes the first week of May, so they would not have been there when the rat was spotted. Which makes you right and me right as well. I feel good synergy.
Speaker 4: I know the competitive part of you hates that I would have taken it with that raider. Game's number nine. Brandon Staley.
Speaker 5: Dirty nine times out of tennis partners.
Speaker 4: During Speak my languages. It's everybody at table on the staff of the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, speaking of rats. The New York City Council is going to vote this week. I guess it was yesterday they voted on a bill that would introduce rat contraceptives to the rodent fighting arsenal that exists in the City of New York.
Speaker 1: Now that's a fascinating concept, isn't it That you would give rats birth control pills so that they can still have sex with the other rats, but just not multiply.
Speaker 4: Well, they do that with is it fruit flies?
Speaker 2: They'll release sterilized fruit flies so that you can still get on you know what flies do in the dark. But right, a little faster than that, probably, no, I think even faster than that. But but that so it doesn't result in new baby flies.
Speaker 4: This is the same kind of mentality.
Speaker 1: W don't they Why don't they do this to the mice on that island of the Indian Ocean?
Speaker 4: Then, uh, instead of killing them.
Speaker 1: You just pass up. Oh, I guess that wouldn't work because there's so many.
Speaker 2: There's so many A and and then you still have to wait out the natural cycle of that generation dying off before the new one can be kind of replaced it.
Speaker 4: And in the meantime, albatrosses are being eaten the live.
Speaker 2: Did you see the pictures from that, by the way, Yeah, like there's albatross with his half his head gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Number eight.
Speaker 2: Tid is bold Every eight second listening to eight diferent boss has drown on about mission statements.
Speaker 1: This is a real Sophie's choice, isn't it? You've got a hungry alligator, right, that's bad, and a beloved chicken named Betty White.
Speaker 4: And that's generally good. But you fed Betty White to the crocodile. A guy named where's that guy's name?
Speaker 2: Smith? That's all his name is is Smith? A man tosses Peter William Smith. Oh, Peter William Smith, got it. You're hiding stuff from us, and I don't like that. Kana, you're hiding information.
Speaker 4: Don't get them out at Keanu because she's smarter than you are.
Speaker 2: Peter William Smith fed a chicken to an alligator in a wildlife park in Australia. The defense lawyer said he had no criminal record, he's a grandpa, he's grown up in the country. He just wanted to feed an alligator and he had no idea that this beloved chicken even had a name, or that it was named Betty White. Hold the maximum penalty for aggravated animal cruelty, which, by the way, shouldn't that kind of be canceled if he's being to the animal cruelty, Well, if it's animal cruelty for feeding the chicken, isn't it animal nicety?
Speaker 4: Yes? Feeding?
Speaker 1: Yes, the crocodile. It's a mitigating factor. They cancel each other out in my.
Speaker 2: Book, anyway, said close to a fine of about twenty five thousand dollars. The lawyer said he wasn't making fun of the case, but that seven hundred and fifty million chickens are killed each year.
Speaker 4: What's one more? Number seven? The seventh son of the seventh son we're on the seven days would have gone a seven seven eight seven years of college down to drain seven seven seven days. Here's a gas life lesson.
Speaker 1: Don't try to cremate your own pet for a number of reasons. There is a fire in western Colorado that began with the remains of a dog and ended with a wildfire.
Speaker 4: Why are you laughing?
Speaker 2: I just I would agree with your original point. You should never try to cremate your own pets.
Speaker 4: Or people for that matter. Uh you generally? Yes? Yeah? What well?
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about your parents' property, and that's pretty rural and isolated, and.
Speaker 2: I guess you could burn someone there. Sure, I would want to dig a hole first. I don't think i'd put them like out above ground. I would probably do it below ground, yeah, so as to avoid.
Speaker 1: But I guess there are some places where you can cremate your pets or people or what have you, if you have enough space and it's in the country.
Speaker 2: Or you have a large enough grill in the backyard. Maybe I don't think you should put a person on a grill.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hey, Gary and Channon, it's Nevada, Nevada, not Nevada. No people do that. Guys be better, especially from SOCOW you should know that. Wait, we weren't even talking about Nevada.
Speaker 1: No, it's when people say Nevada.
Speaker 4: Right, But we weren't talking about Nevada. We were talking about Nevada auDA, I know.
Speaker 1: But people say Nevada in a way that makes it sound like Nevado.
Speaker 4: We weren't.
Speaker 1: We're struggling to remember how they say it.
Speaker 4: Do you know time about just people.
Speaker 1: That are referring to Nevada and they get way closer to.
Speaker 4: Nevada, they say Nevada Nevada. Yeah, exactly, But that's not what we were saying. No, we were saying Nevada.
Speaker 1: I think he was just trying to get under our skin. Well he clearly he did not.
Speaker 4: He did not. It's Nevada. There's Nevada.
Speaker 5: Six number six.
Speaker 4: There's six more weeks of later. What a picture of me or Rabbi and six drunk and longshore. I would just dig you in a nursing home closer to us. I don't have to take down drink another six pack.
Speaker 2: Officers in the South Bay of the LA Area took a report of a vehicle break in line this week that claims somebody had a million dollars stolen from their car Fifteenth Street and Laurel Avenue. According to Manhattan Beach PD, victim told officers they had parked their vehicle along the curb in front of a nearby school. They went inside the gym to get their kid. After an undisclosed amount of time, the vehicle owner and the kid returned to find the rear passenger window had been shattered, and that there was a cardboard box inside the vehicle containing one million dollars one million.
Speaker 1: If you keep a million dollars cash in your car, you deserve to be robbed.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing.
Speaker 2: They also said that a GPS device was found affixed to the vehicle.
Speaker 4: Hmmm, interesting number five five.
Speaker 2: I have five rulestes, five little monees.
Speaker 5: This is the year five point five give me a favorite loose five pounds immediately.
Speaker 1: This happened to my dad. His mom threw out his baseball card collection. What and he talked about it till the.
Speaker 4: Year he died. Yeah, I would too, yes, man.
Speaker 1: He claims it was malicious that she knew how much his baseball cards meant to him, and that she did it to be cruel.
Speaker 2: How old was your dad when the Lord decided to bring him home?
Speaker 4: Seventy seven?
Speaker 2: So he was born in the forties forty five?
Speaker 4: Could you imagine? Ohd you did?
Speaker 2: He must have talked about he had that card collection. Oh my gosh, I know, man.
Speaker 1: Anyway, a man in Taiwan, twenty year old, got so mad after his mom threw away his prized comic collection that he took.
Speaker 2: Her to court. Well, mom did have kind of an argument here. She said that she was She found his attack on Titan manga collection and determined that the volumes were a little damp, so she decided to recycle them and free so much needed base in their home.
Speaker 4: She never checked with the boy to see if it was okay.
Speaker 2: When he came home and found out that the thirty two volumes were gone, he got mad, called up the police on his own mom.
Speaker 1: I understand that my mom threw out all my trophies when I went to college. I've okay, explain to me again what those trophies were for basketball, softball, cheerleading.
Speaker 4: Okay, but you've said multiple times that you were a non.
Speaker 1: I was part of a team that was successful, though. Oh, we all have ways of contributing to the effort.
Speaker 4: So there were some MVP trophies. They were in the cheerleading. I was okay, I played. I played.
Speaker 1: Well, you were first softball and basketball not so much. Okay, Well I didn't care. I didn't care. What are you gonna do with a trophy from you know, eighth grade?
Speaker 4: Hey watch it.
Speaker 2: I have a I have one of my grandfather's bowling trophies from nineteen fifty three.
Speaker 4: That's cool though I liked it. Yeah, number four, poor minute.
Speaker 2: It's probably also twenty seven pounds.
Speaker 11: This isn't the same world he left four years ago.
Speaker 4: We all know somebody who's into feet, do we?
Speaker 2: Some surveillance video out of Gilbert, Arizona shows a guy accused of crawling under several women's vehicles while they were at a car wash.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: Three instances where this guy, a twenty eight year old guy named Jesse Johnson, was crawling under vehicles while women were vacuuming at a car wash.
Speaker 1: Those aren't even naked feet, not necessarily, and you're not gonna wear like heels or something to the car wash.
Speaker 2: Maybe he's into he's into dirty shoes, he's into tivas.
Speaker 4: Okay, number three shall be the number of count and the number of the counting shall be three were dead within three hours.
Speaker 5: Three security clearance level three, all.
Speaker 7: Three of them three.
Speaker 4: I got all three of you guys for the rest of your naturally born live. After that three days, they both start to stink. I did see some headlines about this.
Speaker 2: Somebody tried to put together a Bridgerton Ball in Detroit, Michigan, of all places, and it turned out to be the New Fire Festival.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if I want to go to a Bridgerton ball, it's not going to be in Detroit. Probably. They said it was a chance for fans to step into the enchanting world of the Regency era.
Speaker 2: Tickets, by the way, and this is important, anywhere between one hundred and fifty and a thousand, depending on what experience you wanted.
Speaker 1: But they ended up sitting on the floor eating kitkats sold by vendors and watching a stripper for the knight's entertainment?
Speaker 4: Were there strippers and kind of like a skinny stripper with what does that mean? You say, bruises?
Speaker 1: No, I was going to say, there's not a lot of curves. Ah, and if I'm going to see a stripper, good shape on that stripper?
Speaker 4: Okay, number two, what's going on you two? There's two sons and no women. These I hate, I hate crazy baby dolls.
Speaker 1: Light Yeah, these creepy children are really the most terrifying things.
Speaker 2: A twenty seven foot tall toy named Lily with giant movable limbs in a mouth that opens and shuts like Pinocchio exists in the English village of Rochdale. They said they're freaking out. After it was put up in the town square. They said, this thing is creepy. Creepy is the least of the problems with this baby. It is really weird.
Speaker 4: That may have prompted number one. We're number one, number one, we're number one, ben.
Speaker 7: I saw to look out for number one.
Speaker 4: Are you the number one?
Speaker 7: Row?
Speaker 4: Number one?
Speaker 5: Number one, number one?
Speaker 4: Well it is Arkansas.
Speaker 1: A couple in Rogers, Arkansas, tried to sell their two month old baby at a campground. What what did they want? A six pack of beer and one thousand dollars?
Speaker 4: Did they get it? No, they didn't successfully sell their baby. That would matter with you. You wouldn't want to sell a baby for under fifteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it, though, you make the baby. Two months go by and you're like, really, you're tired.
Speaker 4: Come on? Does this thing ever stop doing what it's doing? Probably not. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap