Speaker 1: They mispronounced it. It's five. We're on the road the Happiness on find all right.
Speaker 2: We are news Radio eight forty w h A S will keep you up on when this darn snow thing is gonna happen. I don't know how to categorize. They call it an event or a storm, whatever you want to do. And it's they're calling for three to five inches, so I don't know what that happens. You will check yourself three to five inches off. So, but it's gonna be snow. So we're hoping that the event is not so much of an event that means get to the liquor store early. If you're gonna have a cocktail today.
Speaker 3: If I gotta say it, care to make it six? So listen.
Speaker 4: What separates us from all the other journalists? Yeah, I was gonna say in the nation, but you know what, Golly, in the world, we don't just call Louisville Metro Safe and say, hey, what we might need some information. We say, little of Metro Safe, kick your ass over here. We don't say in case we have a question. Yeah, and we did that, Kelly Jones, a little Metro Safe.
Speaker 3: What do you say? I mean, how you doing man.
Speaker 5: I'm doing good. Is this where we read that disclaimer about my opinions and.
Speaker 2: The show Kelly Jones not necessarily reflect the opinions of views of my heart medium.
Speaker 3: I wanted to ask you a question, though, how bad has your week been?
Speaker 4: Over the bad? As in, how long of hours have you and the men and women been putting in over there, Because I mean, it's been a while since we've had any snowfall or weather conditions this bad.
Speaker 5: It has been a long week, and it's longer for our dispatcher's call takers, all the first responders. We always say that police fire you messing everybody. I think Sunday and in the Monday we had eighteen dispatchers call takers spend the night in the quality and remember this is not a dorm room, no, you sleep on it air bad on the floor. H and those people are to be commended for their long hours and the amount of calls they've taken. So it's always about saying thank you and being dedicated in the Again, I've always said the dispatchers, the call takers, sometimes they forgotten ones and they're not forgotten a boy us.
Speaker 4: Well, I've walked through where the dispatchers are and I gotta tell you, man, it's impressive and I could not do what they do on a daily basis. But we'll talk more about that, Tony, get us in the top.
Speaker 2: All right, So last night I don't know if you stayed up or not. I know Kelly Jones did stayed up and watch it?
Speaker 6: You did not?
Speaker 4: Probably are you talking about your season finale of Knots Landing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: It was everything I thought it would be.
Speaker 2: This song was playing in my head as the ball went through the field goal the posts at ten seconds to go to beat Penn State to go to the National Championship game, and the fighting Irish Notre Dame go back to the National champions.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I wonder why such a big Notre Dame fan, Dave, it's.
Speaker 1: A Catholic thing?
Speaker 7: Is that it?
Speaker 1: It's a catholic thing?
Speaker 3: You still got quasi moto up there? Does you come out on the field.
Speaker 2: And say, I grew up in the town before Howard Schnellberger got here, that Louisville football was a joke. We had some good players that played there, went onto the NFL and had a lot of fame in all pro seasons. But for the most part, it was just sort of a distraction or reason to drink on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: So if you're Catholic and then salm, what do you do?
Speaker 2: You'll latch onto the good team in the country in the Midwest, and that's Notre Dames.
Speaker 8: Is there another Catholic school people follow besides Notre Dame?
Speaker 7: Or is that it?
Speaker 3: That's it the Vatican vikings.
Speaker 4: But they they got to wear those little hats, the big tall hats when.
Speaker 3: They're playing football on Pepernhelmet's see.
Speaker 2: And as Tony Kruz said earlier, the split of the money always has to go to the conference and then you split it among the teams in the conference. Well, Notre Dame's not in a conference. So this morning, Father Shelby, is cup run it over? How does the call for look this morning? Boys?
Speaker 4: You know what they know what they ought to do. You know how Kentucky has the lie? They spell out Kentucky and it's celebrity. Why who's it going to be? It's Ashley Judd again, Uh, Notre Dame. I ought to spell out Notre Dame and at the end had like a guest star hunchback come out. Yeah, and it'd be like, you know, Sandra Bullock and you put a punch punchback on it like a mo with some hair on it on her face, like.
Speaker 8: The masked singer. We don't know who it is until they stand up.
Speaker 3: Who's going to be the quasi motto of the.
Speaker 2: Day, But Kelly Jones, he was a slabery knocker. It was an old school who's going to be the toughest? Injuries were happening every quarter and and backups kept coming in and playing at a higher level.
Speaker 1: It was crazy. What did you think?
Speaker 5: It was what I called a grinder. I mean, they just were trying to grind it out. It wasn't as entertaining for probably younger folks who want to see the score fifty five to fifty two and that type thing. But for true football traditionalist it was probably a good football game.
Speaker 3: And who's going to outlast Opop?
Speaker 5: Penn State had a I thought they were going to go down and kick that field goal and it just didn't work out that way.
Speaker 7: They blew it.
Speaker 3: That's the bottom line.
Speaker 8: That's exactly what I feel bad for the kid that had the pass interference penalty because that was going to get picked.
Speaker 1: Whether he did that or not? Oh which one? Then he put the arms up in the air.
Speaker 8: The one that was on on Penn State was going to get the ball back with the pick, and he threw his arms straight up in the air and face guarded him and then it was picked, but overturned because of the penalty. Well it was going to get picked anyway.
Speaker 2: I said that on the text chain. I said, look, there was a field goal in the first six possessions or something. I said, turnovers and special teams. Well, this is what it's going to be. And in the end that that Notre Dame kid, the Penn State quarterback just floated it just a tad bit, and the Notre Dame kid just got underneath it. It was amazing catch. And I said, oh no. I was like, Jesus does want us to win. And at that point they drove down just a couple got the penalty like you said, and then they kicked field goal went straight through and I went, oh, boy crazy. Uh so Notre Dame will move on tonight. Ohio State in Texas. You cannot pick four crazier fan bases. Penn State, Yeah, Notre Dame right, Ohio State in Texas.
Speaker 1: So the national Champions of Alabama.
Speaker 2: Yes, but they come from small community and they're not They don't have fans in every state in the country. Penn State has fans in every state. And by the way, that's a you know, Penn State's an actual school. Uh and Notre Dame's a school. Ohio State's a school. Texas is a school.
Speaker 3: Well, they're all schools. Alabama's the school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, so you know it's a school you technically yes, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Walks like a school, quacks like a school.
Speaker 1: We'll try to get into Penn State versus getting into aw that good luck.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, I couldn't even get into JACON.
Speaker 1: Like Ivy League likes im. Sorry, I applied to.
Speaker 4: J CC and they wouldn't let me go into j CC. I couldn't even go to community college.
Speaker 1: Well, you was a figurative speech, there was not.
Speaker 3: It was alright, yeah, okay, I got it.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I thought there was a scholarship for yd people from DAWs to IVY leagues.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That was at the Henderson's Hoppin shop though. Yeah, you went down there. It was like a work program. You could fill the coolers.
Speaker 2: But if you're going to have your first ever playoff and your four teams for the final four are those four teams?
Speaker 1: It's a TV dream.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, It's pretty good, all right?
Speaker 2: Nine graduates of the police Academy? Was that yesterday, Kelly?
Speaker 1: Or today? Do you know? I think it's today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe that is correct, it's today today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nine graduates A full class is usually forty eight ish.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought that the chief had a great answer for that yesterday.
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 1: He said, we got nine, Well, we got nine good comes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we could have a higher number if that's what you want, but we're not going to hire unqualified police officers.
Speaker 4: And I thought that was a that was a Mic drops moment. Okay, Kelly Jones, you work for Louisville Metro. Say if your pride of life you were LMPD, so out of a class, say, I imagine it gets Ween down, just like seal team or any kind of a unit. You start out with X amount of people like Ween's down. How many do you think it took to get to that nine?
Speaker 3: Twenty thirty? Any idea? See, I don't know these days.
Speaker 5: I can tell you that way back in the horse and buggy days, when I got hired. I believe there were twenty two hundred people that took.
Speaker 3: The test that day. We did it in Wow.
Speaker 5: We did it on uvl's campus, Wow, one of their big assembly rooms. So we went from twenty two hundred. They ranked us all numerically after the written test in the interviews. My class was only seventeen in nineteen eighty seven, so it's not out a character. But again, we only usually ran one class a year back then, once in a while too. Yeah, but so it's not that out of character. We had seventeen. It was intimate, it was small, it was easy to get to know folks. I really did enjoy it. But there was so so many and you're wondering where the heck to kill it rank after all those tests.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes we were I was fourth.
Speaker 5: And look at that, look at you, and but of course I knew a lot of guys on the police department, you know, so there's probably some shoveling of papers behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: So you you did the best job at putting the square peg in the square hall and then the circle.
Speaker 4: No, what he's saying is he was the best at giving out the old twenty dollars handshake to the board of.
Speaker 2: Okay, but I bet you there was was there like a brotherhood or or whatever it is with your I went to the academy with him like he was your class I bet you there was something there still is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for this day, you just.
Speaker 5: Bring up any of those sixteen names. And the funny thing, we have one classmate left on LMPD. I thought I would be the last one, but I'm not. There's one other guy that came on with me that I've tried to talk him into retiring for the last ten years and I can't do it. It's neither here nor there. But we got one guy left. But yes, you do build a relationship with the people you spend all.
Speaker 3: The time with in your class. Yeah. Does that officer's last name Ryan with Keeling? No, No, he's come back.
Speaker 2: You know, you can't walk away because the killing, for the killing, the entire killing family, they've served this community great.
Speaker 3: I mean, I gotta tell you that's a great family, man, it is.
Speaker 5: And I love those guys. And you know, at some point age catches up with you in your mind of different things and you just learn. And my, my, my example, I've just moved somewhere else to try.
Speaker 3: To get to the community.
Speaker 5: We talked about that before, but it's just something different from me. But I'm still in public service. I'm not known anything else. I'm sixty one years old. I've been serving Louislson.
Speaker 3: You're only sixty one and you look like that.
Speaker 5: Actually since I was twenty four and I've been here. I was twenty four years old, and so you know, yeah, I look a little rough lately, but you know, makeup.
Speaker 3: I don't have a makeup guy.
Speaker 6: That's the thing.
Speaker 5: I go on these TV interviews and everybody's got a makeup guy or gather.
Speaker 3: I don't have.
Speaker 1: Kelly.
Speaker 2: Hang on, if I took a picture from my seat and put it on the internet and said, tell me which one is older? Oh, garane me, this guy looks like a seventy eight year old singer.
Speaker 3: Listen, they said, hey, you look you know who?
Speaker 4: You look like a Sam harrim Thanks for saying it look like a seventies six year old.
Speaker 2: Okay, pop quiz start with daves, all right, they have average Now for the first couple of weeks of who's applying for a medical marijuana card is the is the average in the forties, fifties or sixties, Dave, this.
Speaker 1: Beverage is in the fifties.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go forties, Kelly, there three choices or forty fifties or sixties.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know you're talking about age?
Speaker 1: How old?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How old?
Speaker 2: How old is the average person applying for the medical marijuana? How old is the average person that is applying for the medical aria?
Speaker 3: FeAs fifties, maybe six fifties. I'm going sixties.
Speaker 1: Sixty one years old?
Speaker 2: Really, sixty one years old is the average age of people applying for the medical marijuana card. That means you've got the same amount on top in the bottom right. So you're talking eighties, seventies and eighties and fifties and forties that this is.
Speaker 4: Kentucky Marijuana Card dot com Kentucky Marijuana cardt use promo code dwight dwidjst for thirty dollars off.
Speaker 2: But this is why they wanted it passed, because obviously people in their forties, fifties, sixties, and seventies want help and they want an answer besides pharmaceutical drugs. These aren't twenty somethings trying to pretend to get a card and go get high.
Speaker 1: These are the average.
Speaker 2: Age of people getting America Medical Marijuana Card or applying are sixty one years old.
Speaker 3: I don't use it because it's not here yet.
Speaker 4: But if I did, I would only use it to help me sleep and relax.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't use it.
Speaker 7: Record.
Speaker 8: Now, imagine life in the villages. Now you've already got viagra, and now you.
Speaker 3: Got how about that man?
Speaker 4: Next thing, you know, you're gonna walk down shady acres and like right there in the in the auditorium, it's gonna be the lights and glow lights and all the scene. You're sitting in the wheelchairs cutting a row raving. No, you can't cut a rug in a wheelchair.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a busy morning.
Speaker 4: This morning, one of the guys in the old homes old folkshol will ever try to like jump a ramp to impress the ladies.
Speaker 2: Bobblet will come in to talk about she has a sport and I believe it's a professional sport. It is that frisbee golf. Yeah, And then we'll have the mayor follow that, so we'll hit him up with some good questions and have fun. We'll have crusade for children, trivia and just kind of hanging out on a Friday waiting for this snowstorm to get here or snow event, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: We're also going to be talking to the folks at Cabo Wabbo. It's the biggest party of the year. We collect coach and we raise money for one of the best charities.
Speaker 2: It's a huge event for single people and people that were cool in the nineties.
Speaker 1: It's a great event.
Speaker 3: It's a huge event.
Speaker 1: It's huge. How many people do you think, two thousand?
Speaker 4: It's packed in there. It sells out every year. If you haven't got your ticket fore, Cabo Wabbo.
Speaker 3: Is a ghost is a go.
Speaker 1: That's this Saturday.
Speaker 4: I'm the host, I'm the mc oh boy. They keep inviting me back.
Speaker 2: They heat the place right, Oh yeah, you know it's it's in the hangar. No, it's it's at a Meltwood Arts Center. Had been there for a year. This is a beautiful room, man, it's a beautiful room. So I'll see you there Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Is cool enough to go, buy a ticket.
Speaker 4: You're cool enough for park cars et by park cars that I can go in maybe one year.
Speaker 1: We'll get you in back after this, No, after the day.
Speaker 4: Joke of the day and for joke of the day, I want to call upon Kelly Jones from a little Metro safe because, oh boy, when you were a police officer, a rookie, you had a story.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, is it time to tell that joke?
Speaker 3: After the break, key, try not to cuss Kelly.
Speaker 5: So the first day out of the academy, I get as signed to an ft O and I head to the car and he says, you need to drive. I said, I don't know my way around here, sir. He so you're never going to know if you don't drive.
Speaker 3: So that's a good point. I was up on the more violent parts of my beat.
Speaker 5: So I go over to the corner and I tell these people, you guys need to get off the.
Speaker 7: Corner and move along.
Speaker 3: Get off that corner, now, move them out.
Speaker 6: Come back.
Speaker 5: The second day on the job, some of those same people are there. God roll down in the window. I say, you guys need to get off this corner. I told you yesterday.
Speaker 3: Get off that cornervelong. Third time.
Speaker 5: I come out on the third day, some more of those people are out.
Speaker 6: So I stopped.
Speaker 5: I get out of the car. I said, look, I've explained to you guys.
Speaker 3: For two days in a row.
Speaker 5: We're not going to have this here, New sheriff in town.
Speaker 6: You need to move along.
Speaker 5: I don't need the problems on this particular corner. That's right, get back in the car. So I finally decided to ask my ft O. Yeah, How'm I doing with this corner so far? He said, Well, I'm pretty impressed considering it's the bus stop.
Speaker 1: That is your joke of the day.
Speaker 2: Kelly Jones to safe here on January tenth, Unlimited Landscapes Go to Unlimited landscapes dot com. Don't go anywhere. Don't Dwight, don't go anywhere. Unlimited landscapes dot com. Build a pool in your backyard. Just go to the website. You're gonna be socked in this this weekend. Go look at the pools and the possibilities you can do for your house. Tri Statemens try Statemen's Health dot com.
Speaker 4: Guys, that's where you need to go. How are things in the bedroom? Weekends are made for a whoopee? But if you suffer from ed, that gets in the way. Drop The ego has nothing to be embarrassed about. Let's get the problem directed to do it with the best Tri State mens has a ninety percent success rate and it's risk free. Here's your appointment. It's ninety nine dollars to do lab work. You get your blood results back within thirty minutes or less. Go over all of your numbers and here's the best part. Then they give you a test dose. If the test dose doesn't work, they refund your money right then and there. If it does work, and chances are willbooks. They have a ninety percent success rate. Just apply the ninety nine dollars towards the plan.
Speaker 2: Try state Man, Try states Men's what try statementshealth dot com. They go to Gold Nugget. We got a lot today's fear. Are you serious loading up here? President Jimmy, come on, let's go Snugget. When's the last time you've been to the nug That's right, I said it. I go to Nugget Hikes Point tonight and tomorrow live music plus. If you're a sports fan, it's the best place to watch college ball, sports pro ball.
Speaker 3: Get down there on Thursdays. That's my night, baby.
Speaker 4: We're talking about music, bingo plus karaoke on Wednesdays. When's the last time you've been to the new refurbished, beautiful Golden Nugget, stick around more on the Way News Radio eight forty w h.
Speaker 1: As Jeams, Ring and Pine and Rule.
Speaker 8: I got a name. I got a name. Jim Croche's birthday. How old is Jim Crochy? Would have been eighty one had his plane not going down. Yeah, I got a name.
Speaker 2: Watched Johnny pull out yesterday and the uh from the driveway back to his last semester of college and then of course he'll go right into the navy.
Speaker 1: So I was pretty much the last time he's going to leave the house.
Speaker 2: Oh man, he'll move from Purdue to his naval station, which will be in Charleston. He'll go to power school, learn how to run the react to power school. Yeah, power school. Oh so that was He's Homer Simpson. So that song kind of popped in my head.
Speaker 1: Because we used to listen to it together.
Speaker 3: Oh are you are you tearing up? No?
Speaker 6: Come this style.
Speaker 2: But so he gets we put his whatever officer of things on his uniform.
Speaker 1: I'm such a military guy.
Speaker 2: Uh So when he when he commissions his of his whatever, his pen is, I don't know. So the his mother's on one side, I'm on the other, and we put it on his collar whatever. An officer, the first officer in the Navy is. I don't know what that is, but that am I get me to cry cry on that one. All Right, we're gonna talk about Cabo Wabbo in just a couple of minutes. And then there is a this, this, this is something I think you would be interested in.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 1: Cassie Bobletz coming in. She has a and I don't know if.
Speaker 2: It's a professional league or but it's a serious league for the frisbee golf.
Speaker 1: It's disc golf.
Speaker 8: Yes, now, the Old River Road Country Club is a disc golf course.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that it is. So if you see those little baskets, that's that's the that's it, so to speak. I think you would be good at that.
Speaker 8: I'm not as good with a frisbee as you would think. Okay, because here's the it depends on the frisbee. Here's Adrieler's secret about Dave. Dave probably no offense.
Speaker 2: But you look at Dave and you're picking Dave last, which is uh, which is a disservice because you're you're kind of athletic.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: I want to say that you have skills.
Speaker 3: I have skills.
Speaker 1: I do you do.
Speaker 2: You're very athletic, particular set of skills. Yes, you're a great bowler. We had the tournament where we played dodgeball and you were always one of the maybe the last person still on the on the board. But so I think you would be good at this. So we are going to.
Speaker 8: I might have to try it. I need the rite frisbee, right, I think they have because I have small hands. I'm gonna ask her.
Speaker 2: But I think I think they like clubs like golf clubs. I think they have different discs for different distances, different sized discs. Yes, correct, we gotta get through this.
Speaker 4: By golly as I bring in my buddy Mark because this weekend.
Speaker 1: Hey Mark, how are you? It's fine to see it, man.
Speaker 3: The biggest party of the year, and we're doing good for the neighborhood.
Speaker 1: What year is this, by the way, it's a thirty second second.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, we've been I was a young man when we stard this.
Speaker 2: I made a joke earlier, but yes, in the nineteen nineties, we all my friends it was if you weren't at Cabbo Wobble, you weren't anybody that was crazy it's still he was at the Booming Field.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, it's not.
Speaker 4: It's the Melwood Arts Center, Join me, Mark, Mike Mulrooney, Radiotronic, Juice Box Heroes plus Friday Night Special. It's a hell of a party. It's the biggest part of the year. Plus it does good for the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: We're we're raising.
Speaker 6: Coats, coats money, and we're having fun.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right. It's a fun time. And you should see that. It's probably about an eighteen foot fourteen foot box truck. When when you leave cabbo Wobble and you see that door open and all of those coades is quite impressive.
Speaker 2: Is the new coats. If it's a used coade, it's got to be he's got to be clean and night.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 3: They always tell me we're good, we don't need your donation. But this year, this year.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's that's what I would ask, because I have a closet full of I got to get rid of these.
Speaker 3: I'll come over wear it, bring them on, I'll come over and get them.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I'm that serious because what this does and for years has raised coats and then it kind of translated into raising money, and the past few years the charity has been Shirley's Way. I cannot say enough about Shirley's Way. You guys, when when you are partnered with them, well done because they do so much for so many And Mike mulrooney's actually branching out and and he's really I mean, he's started to be the backbone of the community.
Speaker 6: Oh he is. He makes so much money with its machines and all that kind of stuff. God bless them. Yeah, and he spends it on everything. If you're seventy five years old, have no money and your heater falls.
Speaker 1: Out, water bill, all that stuff, and you can't get help anywhere.
Speaker 2: And sure and sure, by the way, all these bills, I don't know if anybody's paying attention. I never dreaded the water bill before. Now when the bottom water bill gets here, my wife goes great because it's it's it's it's the number is tripled in five years.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put my turn ciga on and get off this off ramp.
Speaker 1: Okay, please, thank.
Speaker 4: You, Yes, But I want to go back to Shirley's Way because that started out because unfortunately Mike Moore when he lost his mother yes he did, and he said her death is not going to be in vain. So he starts this because if a family gets cancer, uh God forbid, that's rough enough.
Speaker 3: And that's stressful enough. Even if it's not family.
Speaker 4: Even if just one individual you get cancer, that's that's a load to deal with. When you're dealing with that, you shouldn't have to also deal with, well, do I get my medicine or do I pay my LG and E? Do I get my medicine or do I keep a roof over my head? And that's where Shirley's Way steps in. So if you're listening and you don't know anything about Shirley's Way, I highly encourage you to research them because it's a charity like none other.
Speaker 6: I agree with you. I know just from working with them. They are hands on. What do you need done? How can we help you?
Speaker 2: Let's get back to Cabo Wobble. Is that what's the party?
Speaker 4: It's this Saturday Cabo Wobble with the biggest party. I do want to say that Wes my buddy with Shirley's Way, just texting me. Last year they had seven hundred pre sale and it's I mean, it sold out this year, they're already at nine hundred precells. So if you're thinking about going, go ahead and get the ticket.
Speaker 1: Here's what I have envisioned.
Speaker 2: The locations has a parking lot at the bottom right, and then there's that second smaller parking lot up top. Okay, so park at the bottom, walk across the street to walk up.
Speaker 6: What am I wearing? You can wear anything you want. We have people from suits and times.
Speaker 2: Yes to blue jeans. And then I get in there. The cover is it'll be twenty dollars tomorrow. Okay, not bad.
Speaker 6: If you want to beat that, you can get fifteen dollars a day. Okay. Babba blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Okay, here's what I'm saying though, if you do want to go. Last year it sold out with only seven hundred presell This year is already at nine hundred pre cell.
Speaker 2: So with that, it's crazy. This party that's crazy. Biggest is this town. No one buys tickets before. Whi's crazy.
Speaker 6: We'll get about probably eighteen hundred to two thousand people come through. Now, they can't be there all at once, but what happens we have the early crowd. Yeah, they leave a young crowd or y.
Speaker 1: The old folks like us are in early.
Speaker 6: They come in and we it's like two crowds in one great So what are.
Speaker 1: The options for liquor? What am I drinking?
Speaker 6: Bourbon?
Speaker 3: Wine?
Speaker 6: We got we got red and white wine. We have vodka and what else we have got bourbon?
Speaker 7: We have beerer be.
Speaker 3: I think it.
Speaker 4: I think it's incredible that this party started in a basement with you.
Speaker 3: Oh good lord, Mike Moulrooney is in here.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care for this guy.
Speaker 4: I think it's incredible that the party started in an abasement and you guys still carry carrying.
Speaker 6: On this basement. We did it, and uh, it's funny. We just decided to do it. We're gonna have a party. We put piece of plastic out front and had anybody want to come donated the co Well.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many babies or marriages started a last or something years. So people listening to this voice right now might be a result of.
Speaker 3: He's like it's it's like he's like beetlejuice.
Speaker 4: I say his name, the guy pops up behind me, scares the daylights having Mike's way.
Speaker 3: How you doing to mego, let's talk.
Speaker 4: I've talked about Cobbo Wibbo you guys, it raises money for Shirley's Way. I've talked about what Shirley Ways, Shirley's Way has done in the past, but you are expanding the men and women with Shirley's Way. You're there and you keep growing and growing. Talk about some of the new projects that you are doing and expanding at Shirley's Way. Because for me to sit back and watch you all do this on your own, it's quite incredible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we before it get started, I did order some number one tekilast number one.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, thank you so much, so.
Speaker 7: That should be there.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: We started many years ago after my mom died and the primary goal was people here are sick with cancer and kids programs and we got involved in charitable gaming and that has given us the ability to expand services. So we were we did a lot recently with everybody that's unhalsed over the past two years getting them out, you know, working with some council people and South End Street angels and you know, we've just expanded service.
Speaker 4: I got to tell you, Amanda Mills at South End Street Angels.
Speaker 3: He's an incredible woman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so when I saw that you two were connected, that that really warned my heart.
Speaker 7: She is passionate and got tons of energy.
Speaker 4: But let's also talk about what Shirley's Way is doing for Louisville Metro Animal Services and others.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we've partnered in working with Jeff Callowa and Ethanolmighty, and our primary focus there is to help span neuter as many animals as we can. I think we would fix a lot of our unhoused pet problems if we could get that problem fixed and keep them from multiplying. So yeah, we work very closely with Jeff and Ethan. Uh.
Speaker 4: How important is Saturday Night to this organization I got I think is a pretty big deal.
Speaker 7: It is. It's thanks to Kabo Wabo. Those guys.
Speaker 9: They've they've entrusted us in this party. I know Mark probably told you how it started, but basically they would let a charity run it every year and it's a beast of a party to put on. Yeah, oh yeah, but it's turned into one of our largest events a year really to raise money for what we're trying to do.
Speaker 7: So we're we're excited about it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's do some good for the neighborhood. It's this Saturday. It's my favorite, biggest party in Louisville. If you ask me, Cobo Wobbo. Uh, here's what's going on. Six thirty music starts with Friday Night Special.
Speaker 3: They Suffer. They're going to start at six thirty.
Speaker 7: Go to scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're phenomenal, great band.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you're if you're looking, if you want to get there late and man, the opening band is probably could be a headliner everywhere else.
Speaker 6: So. Uh.
Speaker 4: Then, of course these two bands, if you ask me, pound for pound for pound, two of the best bands in the region. It's amazing to watch both of them. And you got both of them on one night and they continue to do this every year. I'm talking about, of course, Radiotronic and Juice Box He Rolls. If you can't have fun with either of these bands playing, something's the matter with.
Speaker 3: You, because they're quite incredible when they do everything.
Speaker 7: The energy.
Speaker 9: They play a rock, they'll play a little bit of country, they'll play fun. It's dance music all night long, and it's it's a blast. And they always make sure one of them, including Friday Night specially I'm a big Kiss fan, and all three of these bands least throwing a kiss Kiss song for me, so that hopefully then keep you coming.
Speaker 3: All right. I mentioned that my friend Wes with show his way. He texted.
Speaker 4: He texted me and he said, last year, and of course it's sold out. I remember people walking up and not being able to get in. Don't let that happen to you. Last year. That happened with seven hundred in pre sales. This year we're already over nine hundred in pre sales. So if you want to go to this, I'm begging you. I'm on the knees of my heart. Go ahead and get your tickets today because you might be left out in the code.
Speaker 3: And this show is a go.
Speaker 4: Mike, you've talked to the venue and they're gonna have it plowed the parking lot and the way up to the venue.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Mark and I were there yesterday and Thursday, and they've they're working hard on the parking lots and Miguel has guaranteed us that somebody will be their Saturday too, continuing to make sure the parkt's that you can park and walk safely.
Speaker 4: Let's do some good for the neighborhood. Let's do it this Saturday. I'll see you out there. They couldn't find anybody better, So I will be the MC for the night.
Speaker 7: And he couldn't come.
Speaker 4: That's Tony's Tony and Tony couldn't see you.
Speaker 3: Get me a ZMC.
Speaker 4: I will see you at the biggest at I see at the biggest party of the year, the funnest party of the year.
Speaker 3: And that's Cabbo Wobble.
Speaker 2: When I go to Vision First and get my glasses Vision firstcare dot com, I can see that I can go to Tony's breaking alignment even easier. Vision firstiicare dot com at Tony's Breaking Alignment.
Speaker 4: Tony's Breaking Alignment, Babby. Finally a place listen, loved ones, a place you could trust. You hear me, trust when it comes to maintenance and prevent a maintenance on your vehicle that's unheard of. So proud of their work, and they should be. They have the best technicians and the best diagnostic equipment money can buy. They don't give you just a warranty, oh contraer bon George. They give you a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty on every single job. They do put your mind at rest. Go with Louwell's best, That's My Dear Friends, Tony's break and alignments stick around. More on the way at NewsRadio eight forty whas
Speaker 6: All Right