Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny.
Speaker 2: Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning.
Speaker 3: You know, as a human being, we have a number of senses, a number of abilities. We can see, we can hear, we use our smell senses, we touch, we taste. Those are the five primary senses. We have a sixth sense, though, which is our intuition psychic awareness, and we may not consciously be aware of its presence, but it's with us all the time. It's that little gut feeling about somebody. It's a little knowing about a question, the answer to a question, a job, taking a job, eating in a restaurant. You use your intuition, maybe just not even being aware of its presence. But today's program is on developing your psychic ability, or your intuitive abilities, and developing them in a way that they are nurtured to be effective tools. Hey, this is Cliff, your host of Destiny. I hope you're doing well today. We do not facilitate our existence enough with our psychic abilities. And this is a God given gift that some of us become aware of as a child. Some of us have naturally that we don't call psychic awareness. We might just call it our inner voice. Some people hear answers to questions at key moments. There's all kinds of stories your friends or our family, or even a book you read, perhaps even a podcast where somebody was warned in their head to move their car as soon as possible or immediately, and when they did, they avoided a huge truck crash or an intersected section disaster. And we don't pay attention to that enough. We don't hear and acknowledge that we have an ability. We have this intuitive psychic awareness that is with us at all times. Now, why should we bother heightening this, developing it further. Well, we'll hear from my guest today that it is really important to use these tools for everyday activities, from the simplest points of relationships to business decisions to life's decisions. And intuition and psychic awareness can be a real, real supporting technique to enhance and our existence. And remember, destiny is all about tools for transformation. We have not had anyone on the program as long as I can remember who is talking on nurturing psychic awareness, nurturing intuition to the point where it is a tool. And when I say nurture, we're talking about using divination, which is iching to row cards, ruins, meditative techniques, or books like we're going to present today that have lessons and tools for sharpening that little voice for sharpening the higher dimensions to come and support you. This even gets to the point where you are working with ancestral guides, relatives that go back thousands and thousands of years to come into your awareness and help you with problems, help you with understanding the world you live in as a physical being. Now we're even going to go one step beyond that and bringing in the angelic realm or departed souls. This is relatives friends that perhaps you looked for guidance when they were alive, and that seems kind of morbid to some people, But our ancestors and the native indigenous cultures of the Americas regularly speak of working with departed relatives, departed friends and asking for advice and using these supporting mechanisms to better your life, to get the support you need and to make your path as smooth as possible. Now, we don't again, we don't talk a lot about working with disembodied spirits because Hollywood has really made them kind of scary, you know, do I want to talk to my great uncle, who I really enjoyed, But do I want to call him forward from the heavens, from spirit realm and ask for his support, ask for his opinion. Well, we'll learn today that this is a real natural way to get the support you need to work with these individuals who have more experience on the planet than we do. We're going to go one step beyond that, and that is working with our own past lives, and we'll discover tech niques for dipping in to pass lives, asking for support, getting the material we need, and having these lifetimes supporting us in the physical realms that we are in. Right now, I want to play a short clip from an interview done by Uri Geller, who is a famous Israeli psychic, on his techniques, how eventually he was brought in by the CIA and also Stanford Research Institute here in California to test his abilities, and how he used his abilities not only to support the government but also navigate his own lifetime trials and learning experiences. So let's have a quick listen.
Speaker 4: For a number of years, CIA have been tracking Soviet work in the so called esp area, and they're really concerned because the Soviets, including the KGB, were spending millions of dollars every year on this kind of phenomena. They're very concerned about what could be being done to us. They were specifically interested in whether individuals could extract information or get information from remote sites or from hidden material, and so it was critical to them to find out just what abilities do people have.
Speaker 1: Word had reached the CIA about an Israeli states performer who had the talents they were looking for. Urigella was brought to the prestigious Stanford Research Institute in San Francisco for testing. Two laser physicists subjected Gella to a long series of controlled experiments. In March nineteen seventy three, they went public with their results.
Speaker 5: This film describes a five week investigation with Wurry Geller, a young Israeli. Nothing has been restaged or specially created.
Speaker 1: The film contains some astonishing claims. The scientist said that time after time, Gella was able to telepathically detect a hidden object.
Speaker 5: You will note he is very pleased with finding this target.
Speaker 1: Using his psychic powers, he was apparently able to change the weight of a piece of metal.
Speaker 5: The upper two traces are apparently due to Geller's effort.
Speaker 1: And over lunch in the SRI canteen, Gella bent dozens of spoons for the scientists. But his most incredible success was his apparent ability to telepathically read hidden drawings.
Speaker 6: Day after day, he would come into the laboratory and be able to reproduce a drawing that I had made at home and the heads in an envelope, and day after day URI would be able to make absolutely remarkable copies of that drawing.
Speaker 5: Here the experiment is repeated, certainly with regard to the ability to reproduce a hidden material, with no doubt in our mind that Geller could do that. This is a drawing that Geller has made to correspond to the target object. As you can see, he is quite elated about getting the right answer.
Speaker 4: We had no idea about how this stuff could be done. We're sort of like, where were people with gravity before Newton came along? I mean, gravity worked clearly, but no one had an idea how. So similarly, here's some things that we saw worked and happened, but no idea how.
Speaker 1: Dori Gella left SRI with a stamp of credibility, leading scientists believed he did indeed possess unexplainable powers.
Speaker 3: Jury Gella was extremely popular in the nineteen eighties and nineteen nineties on TV a lot, and he was tested constantly. People just couldn't believe some of the things he did. But it's my belief in that of a number of people, including my guest today, that his abilities are not that different from our own abilities. He just had them heightened as a young person and kept working on him from a young period, from a young age. So today's program is naturally psychic Awaken your intuitive abilities. And my guest is Karen Harrison. Earth Ancients does a number of tours every year, and it's really important to have a really good camera. I just found the Insta three sixty x five recently, and I gotta tell you it is an outstanding camera. It is an artificial intelligence camera, which means that it automatically can adjust to the tones either day or evening. It has a huge battery, one of the best image quality I've ever seen, and you can edit on the fly. I mean you quick edit mode where you can actually edit while you're standing there, and for a limited time, they'll throw in a selfie stick. If you're one of the first thirty people who purchase the standard package. Go to store dot Insta three sixty dot com and punch in Ancients and you'll qualify for that that selfie stick, which is worth twenty five bucks. Again, it's store dot Insta three sixty dot com. Use the word Ancients and you'll get that deal. This is an outstanding camera. Hold it in the palm of your hand. It's waterproof and it is a great camera. Check it out the Insta three sixty x five. We'd like to talk about our ancestors, and I discussed the old world, the ancient world quite regularly, and the various existences we lived in and how we lived and what senses we had. We talked about the five census sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste, But the sixth sense, I think was much more in play with our ancestors than it is today. We have all this technology, the Internet, our cell phones, artificial intelligence that is kind of taking over this sixth sense, and I think it's important that we come back to it. And today we're going to introduce a brand new book that really brings this sixth sense into play. My guest today is Karen Harrison, and she has written a book called Naturally Psychic Awaken and you're into awaken your intuitive abilities, open your inner eye, and vibrate higher. And I really enjoyed this book and we're going to talk obviously about it today. But Karen is a has been involved with magic and the Second Art since she was a young child. She's an herbologist and she's written extensively on herbs. You can look her up on Amazon and find her herb books. But this book on being a psychic is very, very unique, and we'll talk a little bit more about how you can get in touch with her. But Karen, welcome to Destiny. Great to have you on the program.
Speaker 7: Oh thank you so much. We're going to have fun.
Speaker 3: Tell me about a propriestess. What is that?
Speaker 7: Well, that's actually proprietress. It's a feminization of the word proprietor. Yeah, I know it's a weird spelling, isn't it. But I am both a medicinal herbalist as well as an alchemical herbalist. So Moon Magic is my herb company where I make ceremonial blends of incense and ritual oils and that sort of thing, and I sell them at my bookstore. Goddess isis Books and Gifts in Denver.
Speaker 3: Oh right, you have a bookstore. Amazing. Now, would you categorize yourself as a as a witch or are you more of an alchemist?
Speaker 7: I'm an alchemical witch.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll let you use the phrasing and talk a little bit with us about your childhood. You write in the early parts of the introduction that you were introduced to your psychic awareness and encouraged to work with it. Talk about your childhood a little bit.
Speaker 7: Well, it is really funny because I didn't realize it was an unusual upbringing, but as I got older, I found out. So I grew up in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which is a pretty conservative place, but my mother's side of the family was very interested in all things psychic. They followed a lot of Edgar Casey's teachings and that sort of thing. Wow, And so when we would have breakfast in the morning, we'd sit around and analyze each other's dreams. My grandmother taught me when I was really small to find omens in the clouds to answer questions that I might have. She's the one who gave me my first deck of Touro cards at on my seventeenth birthday, so all of that was really normal to me. And then a lot of my friends, of course, were very conservative. My babysitters, Zella Stone, was a Southern Baptist, so she would take me to Sunday school with her every week, and I was introduced to very conservative Christianity there, and I think it's just been a great blend of knowing what a lot of other people in the country feel about spirituality while I follow my own particular flavor and path.
Speaker 3: Would you say that your folks were following a traditional generational view of intuition and being one with the Gaya.
Speaker 7: As far as I know, because my great grandmother passed away when I was about five years old, so I never had any you know, memorable conversations about this sort of thing. But I know that my grandmother was teaching me things that her mother taught her, so I'm going to assume so.
Speaker 3: Hm hmm facity. One of the things that I was curious about is that you are taught not to fear disembodied souls, and I want you to talk a little bit about that because I think a lot of people, and this is because of Hollywood, have been turned off by the thought of working with somebody who's already passed away. And can you talk about that for a minute and give us an idea of what that means for you.
Speaker 7: Sure, my grandmother's sister or older sister, Dell, worked as a medium in the surrounding counties, and so I don't know, it was just hanging out with them or whatever. So I've been attending seances since I was seven years old, So you learned that there's really nothing particularly scary going on. Also, being able to converse with or be with someone that you have loved who has passed away is a really comforting thing. Now, I'm not going to say that you should that a person should not be careful and cautious, you know, because there there's other stuff out there too, as I'm sure you know, Cliff. Yeah, so you know you do need to use your intelligence and your common sense.
Speaker 3: Are you referring to evil spirits that kind of thing.
Speaker 7: That kind of thing, yeah, you know, like I call them psychic dust bunnies. Okay, but there's just because somebody doesn't have a body anymore doesn't make them scary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And how did how did your folks or your relatives go about suggesting and actually training you to be open to working with disembodied souls.
Speaker 7: Well, like I said, attending these these seances or mediumship sessions, I was just observing it and it would just seemed to be a perfectly normal part of growing up. So it wasn't training per se but just literally a way of growing up.
Speaker 3: Wow. So I mean give us an example. I mean, if you're I think this, tell me if this is how it works, that if you're naturally open to receiving the information from a discarnate soul, they kind of are are maybe attracted to you, and maybe nudge you to be open to their presence. Is that what we can say?
Speaker 7: Oh, I would totally agree with you. I mean it's like finally somebody can see me, somebody is acknowledging me, you know, so I can I can have a conversation, or I can have some sort of interaction.
Speaker 3: I love that. So how do we go about I mean this is this is a direct question, obviously, but how do we go about working with these souls? Because in your book you get into angels and you get into other levels of support spirits. But when if somebody has left the planet, do you call them in. Do you do you pray for their guidance? How do we work with this level of communication.
Speaker 7: Well, one way to do it is to, you know, you always want to be pretty specific. You don't just say okay, whoever wants to come, you know, that's that's how you get yourself in trouble. But so, yes, so you want to be specific. So say that you want to you have a question that you believe that your grandmother, who has passed away, has the answer to, and nobody else in the family. So you would sit quietly in a calm space. I always suggest that people round themselves connect to their energy with the earth before they do this sort of work, so that they know that the information that they're getting is accurate. But you would then begin just kind of meditating, being your grandmother's face in your mind's eye. You might have on a piece of music softly playing that one of her favorite songs. You know, if you have any sort of letter or jewelry or what have you that belonged to her, that's a nice physical object link that you can have in the area as well. All of this is kind of like a magnet to draw her in. Now we cannot force people to converse with us if they're not in that energy space at that time. So it might take several sessions before you make that connection, but that's at least how you would begin, Okay, and then.
Speaker 3: I guess you're sitting quietly waiting for some form of communication.
Speaker 7: Right, So the presence can be different for different people. In other words, when I'm doing that sort of work, when I'm making that connection and when it's happening, I always get this feeling at the back of my head on the right side, kind of underneath the ear. That's where I get tapped on the shoulder, if you will. And so then you could ask your question out loud you wanted to, or you could think it in your head. And sometimes you will, Claire audiately hear the information the answer. Sometimes you'll just you just flash in your brain and you will get the answer. Sometimes you will have a visualization where you're is presented to you in picture form. It's different for different people who work with energy like that, but you learn your own style.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, gotcha, Karen? Are we all psychic or are some more aware of disability than others? I mean, we're talking about the sixth sense, and I think the way you write about it is it's an innate part of being human.
Speaker 7: Well, it's kind of going back to what you said at the very beginning of our conversation that we do all have the five senses, but we have this sixth sense. But due to our busy modern lives, we don't pay attention. You know, even before internet and all of this computer stuff, there was the radio, there was television, you know, so we always find ways to get distracted. So some people just are oh, I don't know, they can access it easier than other people. It's just like some people are naturally talented to play the piano, but all of us can learn to play the piano. Some of us are naturally just love to sing, but we can all learn to sing. We all have those abilities, and so in that sense, we all are psychic. We were all born that way. I guess. The other thing that has happened is when little kids have their imaginary friend, or maybe it's not really imaginary, you know what I mean. But little kids are naturally psychic. I mean, they're they're very empathic, they feel, but they get trained out of that because it's sometimes scary to the parents or the teachers or it's inconvenient for the parent or the teacher. You know, so we get we get trained out of paying attention to our sixth sense.
Speaker 3: Oh amazing. Yeah. What would you say, as somebody who has actively used her intuition and psychic ability? How does it help you? And how should I mean, you wrote this book for a pretty wide audience. But why should we cultivate our psychic intuition?
Speaker 7: Well? Why should we not? I mean, it's like we can see with our eyes, why would we keep them closed? You know, it's another ability. It is another level and layer of interacting with the world around us. Plus, it is a great way to get information about if something is going to be working out well for yourself. If this person that you've just met who's made this wonderful job offered to you is an honest, honorable person, you know, you might as well use the talent you got.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a tool in everyone. Would you say?
Speaker 7: I would totally agree with you. And so even if you're naturally talented at it, you still want to teach yourself ways to hone it so that you can use it very well. You can depend on it, but you also have to be very ethical with it. I mean, just I think one of the things that sometimes makes people nervous when they find out I'm psychic is they think maybe I'm going to overhear their thoughts or that sort of thing. And you have to just like you don't eavesdrop on people in a restaurant, you don't enter into the energy space of a person unless you haven't been invited to be there. In other words, you know if they've asked you to do a reading for them, or they you know, are inquiring about something. But it's very rude to just intrude.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. You have this unusual childhood, which I think is fascinating, and I think in some ways I'm jealous that you had such open relatives. What's your sense of our ancestors' use of intuition? What do you feel? I mean, I think that it was a very big part of our natural existence. And I'm talking before perhaps even electricity. But what's your sense of how our ancestors used their intuition and psychic abilities.
Speaker 7: Well, I think you're absolutely correct. It was much more of an open thing. It's a matter of survival, right, So you are out there, you're in the wide open space of Earth, and you're going to use every since that you have to make your life as much as it can be and keep you yourself and your family and your community safe. So you're going to definitely use your psychic abilities, just as you use your hunting abilities or anything like that as part of living your life.
Speaker 3: Do you think that the ancestors also were connecting with what we would consider the gods or off world types.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, definitely. We were a much more natural part of Earth than we right now. It's kind of like we feel like we are a part from the world around us. Our ancestors were a part of the world around them, and so one of the ways that they accessed the divine in whatever names they might have used in whatever area of the world, would be through their intuition, through their own psychic ability to connect and to request rain, like the plants to grow so that the tribe could live. So definitely using that psychic energy to make that connection with the divine.
Speaker 3: So is that kind of a form of intention or is that asking the gods for support?
Speaker 7: I think it's both, because they would ask for give offerings to to gain this help from the divine around them so that the child would be born healthy, so that the crops would grow, so that the rain would come down, you know, whatever was needed for survival.
Speaker 3: And where are the gods and the goddesses today, Karen? Are they still with us? It seems like we're I kind of feel like here in the United States, we're kind of having this very big political movement that's kind of divided to the country, and I'm just curious what your senses of the gods and the goddesses and how they oversee us right now.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, they're definitely there. I mean, it's kind of like what we were talking about with disembodied people. You know, once they know that you are paying attention or you are aware of them, then they will definitely actively work with you in your life. But it's not like it's a partnership. You know, you are giving them energy with your attention and with your offerings and your adoration. They are helping you with, you know, whatever goals that you are working and they're definitely there. If I kind of feel like as many people as there may be in the world, there's that many ways to connect with the divine. People just find the way that seems to work the best for them.
Speaker 3: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Karen Harrison, discussing her new book, Naturally Psychic. Will be right back, big.
Speaker 7: Hold on.
Speaker 3: Karen Harrison is my guest today. She is a author, she's an herbalist, but most notably, she is a teacher of psychic intuition. Her new book, Naturally Psychic, Awaken Your Intuitive Abilities, is all about understanding your own gifts and using them effectively. So I'm trying to think of how we would use that kind of support, because you do have a chapter where we're contacting angels and we're contacting spirits, I think, and I'm really curious about what you say when it comes to contacting a goddess of water or isis or one of these ancient goddess gods, god or goddesses and asking for support if that's even a possibility.
Speaker 7: Oh, it definitely is. When you are talking about the angelic realm, I mean, that's part of what their job is is to help us to evolve as a community, as a planet, as individuals, and so they are very eager to work with you to help you with your evolution. The same with the spirit guides. That is their job. So they want to do their job to help with this evolutionary higher vibration, bringing this planet into alignment with the divine's that's what they're there for. So they're very eager to help.
Speaker 3: So does it have to be a single individual or can it be a group, a community, or a whole country who's asking for the support of a divine being or God or goddess in uplifting the situations.
Speaker 7: Oh? Sure, use that right now. I agree exactly. Yeah, it can be an individual, it could be a country. I know that there's a lot of people who they're not exactly a secret organization, but it's not well known. I mean, I don't even think they have a name, but they do what they call grid work. So they will work with crystals, herbs, incense, chanting, visualization, that sort of thing in a specific geographical area of the world to heighten and bring the vibration level of that area up. I know there's going to be something going on for South Africa. I think it's this week. So they're not they're not all flying to France or wherever. It's happening there they are. They determine a time and they all gather at that time and whatever time zone they're in, and then they do this vibratory frequency work together. Oh right, I mean to do it on zoom. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I remember years ago. I've been meditating for most of my adult life, and we did a meditation for some world peace or something. This is like twenty years ago. And no matter where you were in the world, if you were in another country and it was two or three am, you got up and you close your eyes and you intended and meditated on a topic. It's hard to tell what the outcome is, but it sure feels good.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's just it's a lovely feeling to work with other people in that way. And I do think that it makes a difference. We just have so many people who maybe are not wanting the piece, you know, particularly some of the leaders of some of the countries in the world have a vested interest in keeping us divided. Yeah, so it's you know, just an ongoing job.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah. Interesting talk for a minute, would you on divination, which these are tools that you talk about in the book and prescribe for people who want to fine tune their second ability. I've never been one for touro cars, but I did do a period of itching and I had ruins for a while. Why are these great teachers for developing intuition?
Speaker 7: Well, because it's, as you said, the tools. It's like a springboard. You have something concrete that has specific meanings. So you ask a question. In my case, i'd lay out the cards and each card has a specific meaning, so you interpret each card in terms of the question that is asked. So you can get in start to kind of wet your toe by using this tool. But as you get comfortable with the tool, you are also opening up your psychic abilities as well, because they are innate within you. They may just be asleep, so as you use the cards, or you use the runs or whatever. While you may initially just use the straightforward interpretation that you saw in the book, the more you work with them, the more you get what I call psychic hits that add to bring layers, bring depths, and bring additional answers to the question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny because very early in your introduction you say the book is designed to address different methods of obtaining information psychically, and this is the real beauty of it. And this is I mean, it's for all types of information collection, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, whatever questions that you have, I mean, you may have something very specific that you're trying to make a decision about. One of the things that I do at the beginning of the year each year is I do a twelve card to row spread and so the first card that is laid down is January. So what's going to be the same or what is going to be the challenge or what is going to be the important thing in January? Then the second card is February, and so on and so forth. So I'm prepared for each month as it comes along, and I know what the focus is going to be.
Speaker 3: How does a beginner trust the information he's getting or she's getting from a room card or even say Touroux you mentioned toarrou.
Speaker 7: Well, as human beings, we have always since you know, going back to our ancestors used symbology to reveal and reflect common archetypal experiences. And even though when you first started learning runes, for example, you may have had to memorize the rune shapes and that sort of thing, the letters, but actually innately as a human being. You already knew that stuff. You know, it's just a matter of remembering again.
Speaker 3: Hm.
Speaker 7: So if you ground yourself as I mentioned a little bit earlier, if you can your energy to that of the earth, then as you are interpreting a dream, as you are using the rooms, as you are using to row, as you are reading an aura, you will have a gut feeling that everything feels right. It feels good, this feels clear. If you start getting unclear, then you know that that information is not correct. If you hear some information that doesn't feel right, you'll know that it doesn't feel right when you're grounded. So you just really trust your gut.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like what you were talking about, which is grounding talk a little more. Give us some more hints about the importance of grounding before you seek psychic information or intuitive awareness.
Speaker 7: Sure. So you want to be in a calm and balance, clear state when you begin any of this type of work. So grounding is one of the ways that you do that, besides just your experience with whatever tool that you're using. So do you want me to do a little grounding exercise with you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Please?
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, So you're sitting comfortably in your chair. I want you to if your legs are crossed, and cross them and put your feet flat on the ground. Have your arms and your hands in a comfortable position, and I want you to take a slow, deep breath in. Hold it one two three four. Exhale slowly and feel the tension and stress in your body being released. Breathe in a again one two three four exhale, allow your body to continue to relax and release any stress. Continue breathing this way while you place your attention on the bottom of your feet, in the back of your legs where you are sitting in your chair. Imagine now that you have roots growing down down from the bottom of your feet, down from the back of your legs, roots that are going down through the floor, through the substrate of the building and into the fertile and calm comfort of the earth. And you to breathe slowly in and out and the roots naturally row down down, And now paying attention to those roots and how they are settled into the earth as you breathe in, draw energy up like a plant up through the roots, up into your body, and let that light of that energy blow up with every breath, allow it to come up your spine, allow it to flow down your arms to the tips of your fingers. Breathe in, and allow it to fill your head with clarity, with peace, with relaxation and calm, and now you are ready to begin.
Speaker 3: Wow. I really felt that, especially the three branches. Yeah, yeah, that was very cool.
Speaker 7: So when you do that, that's how you start. You're reading, whether you're reading for yourself or reading for somebody else. And anytime you begin to feel confused, you begin to feel unclear, you feel uncomfortable or whatever, just draw some more of that energy up from the earth and let any tension be released from your body and that should get you started again in a way that you can be clear.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so you're grounding and you're plugging in, is what it sounded like we were doing.
Speaker 7: Plugging in. That's again, those roots are plugging right into mother Earth.
Speaker 3: Wow. Let's go over a few of the chapters because we don't have time for all of them, but there's some real good fundamentals. The chapter I liked was the first one, which is flow of energy and understanding the sensation or what you call the gut, the gut feelings describe a little bit about the importance of that tool.
Speaker 7: Sure, well, when you are aware of and experienced with flows of the energy, you'll be able to tell whether the energy is being blocked, whether the energy is flowing correctly, whether the energy is not quite right. You know, that's one of the common sayings that we have right gut feeling. I mean it literally is your solar plexus, you know, the stomach area of your body where you get butterflies in your stomach when something isn't quite right, or you're excited, you get a sinking feeling in your stomach, in your gut when something isn't right. You know, really paying attention to that physicality of your body right there when you are doing psychic work, let you know if something is working correctly or is out of whack.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a real fundamental tool obviously for physical beings, and that one would be a great indicator to use a lot, I guess, But I guess everyone's different.
Speaker 7: I think everybody reacts with that part of their body the same way. In other words, you know, if something's not right, they really do feel it in their gut, and it's not like somebody punches them but it just your stomach just goes wow. You know this, this isn't right. And this is across the world, I mean every culture. It's a human thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to mention to our audience. We Karen has a number of exercises at the end of each chapter that are wonderful. Can we talk about one of the exercises in chapter one, which is sensing and recognizing energy? And I think a lot of that exercises breathing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, breath work is really really important. Breath, of course is life, right, Breath is energy. There's so many things that you can do with breath. When you study any other culture, breath is always a part of what they are doing, whether it's magical, spiritual, psychic, or what have you. So using breath actively and with focused intention, you can breed in energy from a tree, for example, and connect with that ancient knowledge. You can breathe the energy in from the sun. I mean that's something that I do if I'm starting to feel tired or I'm starting to go, oh, I wonder if I'm getting a cold or what, then I will do focused, concentrated breathing in from the sun. Because the sun is health, it is life. It is vitality.
Speaker 3: I like that breathing in a tree and a very old tree because obviously there's untapped wisdom there. But also trees have roots, and roots can be part of a information system.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know. Have you read some of the studies about how trees communicate with one another through their roots? No?
Speaker 3: Talk about that?
Speaker 7: Oh fascinating, it's sometimes. I mean I'm not an expert in this. I've just been reading about it lately. So scientists and ecologists have been studying groups of trees, groves of trees, and they will give each other information. They will support one another, like if a tree starts to die or lose its energy, they will extend more roots toward that particular tree and support it energetically. Isn't that fascinating?
Speaker 3: God, I don't think we.
Speaker 7: Step up on the internet. You would love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to see that. Is it on your website? By the way?
Speaker 7: No? No, no, this is I think I saw this on a PBS thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, I think what we there's probably some wise Native Americans or indigenous people who have been doing this kind of thing forever, but connecting with the trees probably is amazing. Wisdom.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely well, and I know you have probably spoken with a druid, but that was part of the Druidic tradition, was the reverence for trees.
Speaker 3: And they and that's kind of an information bank that they were using.
Speaker 7: An information bank and also a way to gather strength and work in their community with that wisdom and with the honor and integrity.
Speaker 3: Hmm, that's amazing. Yeah, we could talk forever about trees. I love trees. I'm here in northern California and we have a lot of trees. Let's move on to chapter two where you open the chapter by saying, the trick of being psychic is simple. It's it's being able to hear and listen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's really about getting out of your own way, getting out of your linear conscious mode of thinking. A lot of time I found when people are trying to open themselves up psychically or learn how to use a new psychic tool, they try to darn hard. They try to use their conscious mind, their left brain to access something that is a right brain activity. So they work it and they work it, and when they finally relax and just say I'm going to let this happen instead, I'm going to force this to happen. Then their gifts begin to reveal themselves very easily and simply.
Speaker 3: And so listening isn't just listening for sounds, it's other it's internal listening as well, I guess.
Speaker 7: Right, listening to yourself and listening not literally, yes, literally, but also listening as in you know you've heard the phrase, oh you hear me. In other words, you understand me, you are paying attention to me, So that that kind of listening as well of being open to hearing something in a different way than you may have expected, and yet recognizing the wisdom within it.
Speaker 3: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Karen Harrison, presenting a new book, Naturally Psychic. We'll be right back with.
Speaker 2: You ourselves today's Trust Slay take Away.
Speaker 3: My guest today is Karen Harrison. She is a long time psychic and also a teacher of psychic development. Her new book, Naturally Psychic, Awaken Your Intuitive Abilities has just come out and it is filled with practical applications and a good source for developing intuition. We don't have time to go through the whole book, but I did want to get into another chapter on clairvoyance. And there's different types of this, Claire audience, there's Claire sentience. Talk a bit, if you will, on the type of of awareness that these tools bring.
Speaker 7: Well, they are very mench in line with what you had brought up at the very beginning when we started talking of the five senses. But these are the psychic twins, the psychic companions to the five physical sentence. Since so like clairvoyance, Claire means clear like clarity voians in French site, So clairvoyance clear site. This is aligned with your physical site, Claire audience. Clear hearing is the psychic ability to hear the information, hear the answer to your question. So each of these things goes along with a physical sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, And so I guess just trial and error, you'll discover which of the clairvoyant tools are best suited for you. Because you have a clear connaisance which I'd never heard about, which is clear knowing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's when stuff pops into your head. And you know people do this all the time. Let me share with you and your listeners, like the simplest and yet extremely accurate way to get a psychic hit. So you don't get psychic hits when you are tense and you're staring around strongly looking for the silly thing. It's when you're relaxed. So if you need the answer to a question, I suggest that you say it out loud to yourself and say, I will give myself the space to receive my answer. So you could then maybe that night dream and the answer comes to you in that dream and you remember it. How it happens for me the most, though, is when I'm driving. So when you're driving, you're kind of on autopilot I mean, I mean can't be on auto paying attention, but your attention is not directed to any questions you have, or your body or whatever you are paying attention to movement around you. You are ready to react to anything you need to react to, but you're not engaging your brain in the same way. And so I will ask myself some question, and in the next couple of days while I'm driving, suddenly, player cognitively, that answer comes into my head. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: So perhaps a day or two you ask a question, and did you phrase it in such a way that it would come back to you in some.
Speaker 7: Form no, no, Because so you could be driving down the road, just to use that analogy, and you see a billboard that has that answer for you. Oh, you know, so you could hear it in your brain, know it in your brain. You could see a billboard. You could be standing in line at the grocery store and the child behind you with their mother says whatever they say, and you recognize that immediately as the answer to your question. You'll know.
Speaker 3: Okay. That means that the whole world is working to give you the answers to your questions in.
Speaker 7: Some manner that is correct, and we are all interconnected.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 7: But you just have to be paying attention.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I wonder if that's the issue more than anything else, is that we're not paying enough attention to the natural world that is trying to give us the solutions and the answers to our to our inquiries.
Speaker 7: I think that you have put the truth in a nutshell right there, Cliff, hmm.
Speaker 3: And so just being more aware and being more.
Speaker 7: Being more present in your own life, being.
Speaker 3: More present, that's a good one. Yeah. Not worrying about the future is that another one. I think we.
Speaker 7: Always have to pay attention to some things, you know, because you know you're going to have to do some stuff the next day. But no, I mean worry, even though it's it's hard not to. Sometimes it's a real waste of energy. So rather than worry, to be aware of various things and to have perhaps thought out some scenarios or some solutions to some of the those scenarios is a much better way to utilize your time and your energy than just eating away at yourself with worry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe the title should have been naturally human, Be human again, Be human again? You know, I think we're just so caught up in the stress of society. You can't avoid it unless you shut off everything, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: Oh, I know, I know, you know. I'm glad to hear that you are such an avid pursuer of meditation, because that's that's a wonderful, wonderful practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I wish more people would would use it because it has a lot of benefits that we're just discovering.
Speaker 7: Now, right.
Speaker 3: But it's it's not for everyone. It's a challenge. I really was enjoying your chapter on contacting spirits and angelic guides. How do you go about doing that, Karen, because I would think that having as much support as you can from the other side or from these divine beings is amazing. And I personally have an issue with angels. I think the angel side of things is a little overstepped because people think, oh, the angel Gabriel is here for me, but it seems like it's a little bit much. But I guess it's whatever you can manifest right.
Speaker 7: Right and whatever you respond to or are looking for. In fact that I recommend people when they want to work with angels that they do a little bit of research just to find out who they're resonating with right now, because it won't always be the same angelic being every time. It depends on what's going on in your life. But a way to enter into it would be to know a little bit about several of them and whoever you seem to be drawn the most too. Begin to do some meditation on that particular angelic being ground first, of course, and then do your meditation on that angelic being and maybe have a scar for something that is the color that is associated with that angelic being. Kind of the same way that we were talking about earlier of contacting somebody who is now disembodied, send out a signal if you will you know, hey, I'd like to talk. I'd like to connect with you, you know, and then allow the connection to take place.
Speaker 3: How do you know, though, Barb excuse me, Karen, how do you know that you have connected with somebody who is a divine spirit or a unique angel.
Speaker 7: That same gut feeling. If it feels good, if it feels balanced, if you feel relaxed, if you feel comfortable, then you're in the space that you should be in. If it feels a little weird, if your stomach, your gut says I don't know about this, then you are not making the connection with the right energy. But that is why I want to stress that people want to ground first before they begin any of this work, so that they can really feel and listen to that gut feeling. And so if they get into a position that they're not comfortable with, they can bring an immense amount of energy into their system from the earth break that connection that they're not comfortable with. And in the session, can you give.
Speaker 3: Us some example of students or even yourself who have called in unique spirits or someone from the angelic REALM.
Speaker 7: Well, let's see, I don't do that much work with angels, but I do work with spirit guides, and so what I usually am seeking in those situations is to sharpen one of my senses, or to help me heal my body more quickly, or help me feel more positive about the universe in general. And so it's almost like having conversation with yourself inside your head, where you ask some questions, you get some answers. You ask for energy to take care of your throat that's getting sore or whatever, and visualize a color and in the case for a throat the color of orange to to heat up and heal that, and and the spirit guide will help kind of direct the energy for you and strengthen what you're doing.
Speaker 3: M I mean, you have so many great chapters you have on accessing your past lives. I mean that gets into the Akashuk records. You know, how do you know what you were doing in past lives? How far do you go back? We're you on other planets? Are you a different kind of a hominid a human being? You know what I mean?
Speaker 7: Oh, I know, you know one of the past life experiences that I had that was so amazing. I mean, it's just really changed my perspective on everything. So I'm doing this meditation deliberately, you know what, ps life is really important for me to know about right now, to view right now. So I do all this, I'm meditating on it. I go into this life and I am a human form, but I don't have human consciousness yet. I am a part of the world around me. I'm not a part from the world around us, which is what we as humans do now. So I am at a stream and I'm drinking some water out of the stream when I suddenly sense something behind me, and it is a large creature that takes my life. But at the moment of death, I had a realization that I was a separate being than the world around me. I was an individual and I did not have that sense the instant before I died. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: So you were not aware that a human being?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wasn't aware of my individuality. I was. And this is how I think animals must feel, how they must experience the world around them. They are a part of it, they are within the whole of it. They're not feeling part of that. Yeah, a part of gaya, But at that instant of death. In that life, I realized that I was an individual, that I was a part from the world, and that is what made me human. In my next life, I had that separateness.
Speaker 3: And so how did you use that experience for your work.
Speaker 7: Well to understand a little bit better what makes us different as humans than of life forms. And so I think that individualism that we have as humans is a great gift, but it is also a curse. Don't you think to forget that you are a part of everything, that we are all connected, and to forget that that's a hard one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think what you're saying is something that softens us a little bit. I think we're so caught up in the activities of social media and politics and living and surviving that we forget these subtle things, right, And that memory that you had is kind of helping that that subtle human.
Speaker 7: Right to remember that I am a part of all of this. I am not really separate.
Speaker 3: Wow. Amazing. The books called Naturally Psychic Awaken Your in two of abilities, and my guest has been Karen Harrison. As we conclude, I want you to talk briefly about a subject that I'm fascinated in which is working with our ancestors. And you have a chapter on contacting ancestral guides, And I think that in our earlier periods, our ancestors were actually doing this. They were able to meditate or reach out through psychic awareness or meditation or whatever to contact their ancestors to get to get support. But I'm curious, how do you work with or how do you suggest we work with our ancestors.
Speaker 7: Well, it's always and I guess this twenty three and meters has helped people to find out that ancestors right. So whatever it is that you are wanting, you know, maybe you found out that some of your ancestors were amazing artists and you've always been curious about expressing yourself that way, but you all never felt that confident. But connecting energetically with your ancestors and inviting them to teach you about this and not being sitting in front of a canvas with some paint like Bob Ross or something, but in your dreams, in your sleeping state, allow them to teach you while you are in a very receptive and very relaxed state, so that then the next day in your waking conscious state, you can try some of these techniques, and it's not like they were going to say, Okay, so you mix blue and red and that makes purple. Not that kind of teaching, but how to move your hands, how to be the essence of something so that you can recreate it on the canvas. You know, that type of more subtle teaching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that. So call in an ancestor for a specific chore or.
Speaker 7: Problem, right exactly, m I love that.
Speaker 3: Who did you write this book for, Karen? And what did you what do you what are your hopes for the reader?
Speaker 7: Well? I really wrote this book for people who are seekers, people who are seeking to add to their life experience, seeking to empower themselves. This book is the culmination of all of the classes that I've taught for so very long of accessing and honing your psychic skills. What I'm really about in what my bookstore is really about is helping people to remember that they are physical beings and spiritual beings. At the same time. There's spiritual beings that are having a human experience and they need to remember their gifts and use their gifts to enrich their lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that. You see your web addresses isis booksisbooks dot com and I didn't get a chance to look at that. Your book just came out. It just came out about a month ago, Naturally Psychic. Do you have a YouTube channel or any other source of social media.
Speaker 7: My store does. We have an Instagram and a Facebook page. I don't have any sort of YouTube thing going on.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, fantastic, Hey, real pleasure, Karen. And this is a really well written book, and I think it offers a great deal of support for people who are looking to fine tune their intuition and psychic ability. So thanks for joining me.
Speaker 7: Oh absolutely, it's been a true pleasure.
Speaker 3: I really thought that there were some good chapters in this book Naturally Psychic, and it's a quick read for the most part, but the exercises are well thought out. And for me, the thought of angel calling has always been repugnant. I don't know why. I think it has to do with the fact for years I was the program director of Whole Life Expo here in San Francisco, which is really airy fairy and a lot of topics. But you know, here I am promoting the airy fairy stuff here on destiny and so I need to be more open. I think what happened was there was a period in the early two thousands, i'd say, two thousand through two thousand and four or five, even before that, in the late nineteen nineties, ninety seven, ninety eight, where where people were and there were authors, and there were intuitives that were promoting changing your name, hearing your angel name, you know, and it got to be I mean, frankly, you know, people were changing their names to you know, I used to joke and say, oh hi, my new names bush Baby. I mean, it was just kind of crazy, and I just it just tattooed me. And now and I'm not going to name the authors because I don't want to, you know, because these people are my friends and I've had some wonderful times with them, but the whole angel phenomenon just rubbed me wrong. And so when Karen was talking about calling your angels, I was like, Okay, I'll pass on that one. Now, working with spirits, that sounds like something that could really be effective. And then the one that I really liked was and I have a friend who's working with ancestral contacts, and so this is kind of in my face right now. And the thought of calling in an ancestor who perhaps was very much in nature and worked with natural healing, or you know, was more grounded. I thought it was kind of a cool idea. I mean, there were so many very very good applications in this book, and I think we didn't even get into everything there was. We just touched upon past lives. I was surpri that she included a chapter and I didn't get a chance to read it, but there's a chapter on working and what she calls accessing your past lives, and she didn't. I didn't even get into a Kashak records. We just didn't have time for it. But remember, the Kashak records are everything that's happened in the past, everything that's happening now, and everything has happened in the future. It's just mind blowing, and so working with past lives, I just thought that was cool. I didn't even ask her about future lives, you know, and there's just so much to absorb. But I think the real strength of this book is using your intuitive nature as an active sense, bringing it up from just occasionally getting that gut feeling about something or getting that itchy neck or hair rising on the back of your neck or whatever you want to say, indications of something. Rather than having the occasional intuitive psychic hit, I think the key is to actually be ready and actively use your gifts. Actively intend to have an understanding of a situation, of a relationship, of a decision making situation. I think this is where the real strength is. And again, you know, I look at the indigenous points of view. They cultivated psychic awareness, and you know, I don't want to blow my horn, but when you meditate, you actually allow these gifts to come forward, and so you're much more sensitive to intuition, to psychic development. So naturally psychic awaken your intuitive abilities. It just came out. It's only been on a shels a month, and that was fun. I hope you liked it. Hey, I want to mention we are gonna be in Guatemala in December. This is the Sacred Pyramids of Guatemala. What makes us tour absolutely amazing is the fact that we are interacting with pyramids. I mentioned my frustration with Mexico, which is literally packed with known and unknown archaeological sites. I mean there's not they don't have names for some of them that are still still out there and they haven't really had a chance to excavate so many of them, but the Mexican government has really closed down the ability to interact, and these buildings were meant to interact. In Guatemala, they're open, it's open season. You can climb the pyramids, and in some of the locations they're so steep that they've made these staircases that hug the pyramids. So you climb the staircase and you get to the top and then you can connect with the pyramid. But the area that we're going to at t Call features the Lost World Pyramid, and this is the one pyramid that has been tested for its emissions. It actually it actually pumps out to lurk energy which is from that artery from the lay lines from the major energy systems of Gaya the Earth, and it's channeled up to the pyramid and you sit and you are feeling this stuff. So we're gonna do that. We're gonna work for shaman. This is the kind of tour I've been running for a few years now and we haven't been able to get to Mexico, and we're only taking twenty people. We're about half full. If you want to see the entire itinerary. Go to earth Ancients dot com, Forward slash tours check out the itinerary. If you have any questions whatsoever, send me an email. Send it to earth Ancients the number four the letter you at gmail dot com. Go Hey, Cliff, I'm thinking about going, but but but but but I need to figure this out, so I'll help you figure it out now. One of the things we've added to this to this tour is the second to last day. This is an option, by the way, it's a little spindy, but it's worth it. We're flying via helicopter to doctor Richard Hanson and gets where doctor Richard Hanson is. We don't actually know if he's gonna be there or not. We're not sure, but we are going to Elmodor and the Ladonta Pyramids, the largest pyramids in the Americas. We're gonna go see those, and we'll climb on few of those as well. So that's kind of a really cool option. I'm really excited about this tour. I really am. If you want to join us again, go to earthagents dot com, forward slash tours, check out the itinerary, come out and join us. It's really gonna be a blast.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 3: By the way, we just launched our Egypt tour. It's gonna be April, it's gonna be in and oh it's got a great lineup, so check that out. We just posted it Egypt April twenty eighth through May tenth. We'll meet in Cairo. That's with our friend Mohammed Imbrahim. Look at that man, Look at that itinerary. We have got some really amazing places to check out. So fun tours. And one of the things I want to make sure you remember is, hey, compare them. Compare the tours with others. We are half off most of them, thirty to fifty percent less than most of the other tours, so we love them all right, there you go, Right, that's it for this program today. I want to think my guest today Karen Harrison and her new book Naturally Psychic. As always, the team of Gil Tour, Mark Foster, and even Jendale. We love Jendale. We love you guys, all right, take care of me well and we will talk to you next time.