Speaker 1: A shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology.
Speaker 2: We'll let you you taco one on one one w jr R. But your freaking idiots. Couple little housekeeping items here before we get into our final idiotology. First keyword to rock the bank. That's on the way about nine oh five. That'll launch those hourly Then yeah, right on the fives. You can enter each hour try to win a thousand bucks. Get the keyword, put it in a WJR dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the key thing at our website, wjrr dot com.
Speaker 2: Also, yeah, you say we played voting, Still got what fifteen minutes to go? Taco?
Speaker 1: Yes, tell us which kid rock song you want to hear at the jar facebook page all summer long, I Am the Bull good or American Badass. One with the most votes is played back at nine and somebody who votes is winning Halloween he roast tickets for this weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, that'll be the Wage Wars show, So get that. Taking care of the next fifteen I really want all of us to truly have some empathy here, some compassion, and feel the real life struggle of this Orange County California man who has won forty four million dollars in the powerball jackpot struggle. All right, well, he's quite upset. It's quite upset.
Speaker 1: What could you ever be upset about if you wann forty four mil.
Speaker 2: It's been eight weeks and they haven't sent him his direct deposit yet.
Speaker 1: How long does that normally take?
Speaker 2: I've bet which that's why I brought this up. In the case that any of us ever are in this unfortunate situation, it's got to be excruciating. Large jackpots, they have to vet the winner to make sure it's legit. You've legitimately bought the ticket, You're the rightful owner of the ticket. There's no you know, insider trading going on or anything. So it's a process that all the lotteries have in place. And he usually takes six to eight weeks. So he's like right on the line as to where this will be done and completed and he'll have his forty four dollars.
Speaker 1: Listen, go out and use credit cards instead.
Speaker 2: Run him up, run him up to the hilt.
Speaker 1: Is you're the guy that can do that, right, take out loans if you want.
Speaker 2: Whatever you gotta do, buddy, to get by.
Speaker 1: They're gonna vet him and.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 1: God, this guy's a maniac sorready got five home loans taken out, so just please And he had a number wrong.
Speaker 2: It's a there's a snaff foo sorry sir, but no, there is a If you can't understand that, I mean, it's totally understandable, exactly careful. You almost just knocked my front teeth. Pupos smashed his front teeth in with the microphone, which would be an unfortunate on the job incident here after. I don't know if it would be it happened again level, Now you'd really I mean I would probably have to wind up and fling it at you and fire your teeth right back through your your your brain pan whoa deep.
Speaker 1: No, it would be an it happened again situation for my front tooth, which has already been out before, so it would be knocking out an implant, which was quite pricey anyway. Ever since the hurricanes, a little behind the scenes here.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, here you go down the rabbit hole. No, it's quick and easy.
Speaker 1: Ever since the hurricanes, somebody used my microphone and they jammed it and yanked it all around and broke it. They bring it the hokey pokey. Yeah, they let it all out, definitely, that's what it's all about. And they broke the mic stanchion. So now my microphone if I move it, look at this. Watch it's whoa loose swivel? Yeah, yeah, there it is.
Speaker 2: See it? Watch this?
Speaker 1: Oh goodbye microphone.
Speaker 2: No know what it's like. It's like when uh, you know, on the Deadliest Catch Boat the crab trap starts flying back and forth because the hydraulics have gone out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's all I know. That's all I got. Told you we were going down a rabbit hole. I can't believe it took us till October twenty ninth to acknowledge this. But uh, the month of October marks the start of soup season.
Speaker 1: Oh because cooler weather a right?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: Well, yes, it's more soup is consumed when the weather turns cooler around the country than around the year. But you know, from listening to this show and from having discussions with many of you, lots of us are soup fans year round. I love soup. I had some some split pea soup yesterday with my blooney sandwich. Does it get any more? Just all America? Then something grass face over here.
Speaker 1: I can do want if my dad makes it with a fresh handbone. Hamdbone, hamdbone. Have you heard he just got hit by flying turret. He can't swear and he can float all that on his throat.
Speaker 2: Sound.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry those back of my days.
Speaker 2: Thank you for that. So anyway, enjoy some soup as we are now officially into soup season, which brings me to this Campbell's having to go. We're not even at Halloween yet, and here's Campbell's already upsetting the apple cart when it comes to Thanksgiving. Campbell's Soup has done their annual America's Favorite Side Dish survey.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have something with Campbell's soup, and isn't it? Well, of course, because you know they're I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: According to this year's survey, America's favorite side dish is no longer mashed potatoes.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me guess it's the casserole that you put some kind of mushroom souper.
Speaker 2: Oh, you would think. Although I think we're gonna be okay with this, A lot of us stuffing has soup in it. No stuffing now has superseded mashed potatoes. It has absolutely nothing to do with Campbell's other than they just were the ones you did to survey.
Speaker 1: Hey, stuffing, I could have told you that.
Speaker 2: Well, no, we're team stuffing. Always happened team stuffing. You've made that crystal clare over the years. I wear a bread suit to work sometimes. Yeah, as a loaf of bread on Thursday.
Speaker 1: What are you stuffing to be? I'm pre, I'm pre stovetop.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Now give me a reesis speaking of yesterday, I hope.
Speaker 2: It rings tonight and I'll moisten right up.
Speaker 1: It'll be tough to walk in your wet bread suit. So you mentioned that you had soup yesterday.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: I almost spaghettios because they were by will and get one free at Public's. And I walked by the bogo rack and you know it. At least jumps out of you are those soup?
Speaker 2: No? No, those are pasta in a can. If you want to get into a debate on the soup side of things, it would be soup versus stew versus bisk things of that nature where sometimes you know and then you've got the crowd that's convinced cereal is soup. No it's not. No, it is not Cereals breakfast food.
Speaker 1: Somebody said they use cream of bushroom soup and they're stuffing.
Speaker 2: So they all right that you can do that. Yeah, so you can debate soup versus stew, versus chowder versus bisk so many Yeah, no cereal now, no Cereals not in there. Somebody texts in split pea soup. I just barfed in my mouth.
Speaker 1: It is is that visual?
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, those of you who are and they hate split peace soup bandwagon, when's the last time you had or even ever tried split peace soup?
Speaker 1: I had told you the last time. I didn't tell you when, but when my dad made it with the hambone. Haters are gonna hate man all. I'm gonna sing that again with a little hot sauce in it. You put hot sauce in your.
Speaker 2: Wh Why would I? Why would I do that? And split pea soup?
Speaker 1: Yeah no, put a dash of hot sauce. Maybe you ain't living.
Speaker 2: You're the one hating on split pea soup. Why let me eat it as I eat it, which is right from the progress. So can uh Uh, oh, yeah, it gets worse.
Speaker 1: How do you don't you heat it up?
Speaker 2: Of course I did.
Speaker 1: Then how do you so you heat it up and then pour it back in the can?
Speaker 2: No, I opened the can, put it in a microwaveable safe bowl and warm it up like most people did.
Speaker 1: And then pour it back into the can. Oh, you said you eat it on the progress so can.
Speaker 2: That's what that's where it's stored until I eat it.
Speaker 1: That you're boy scouting and where you're putting a can a soup on your stove.
Speaker 2: I'm not out on the open range, you know, forging my way west with the weld chuck Wagon.
Speaker 1: We told that's that's Awkwood. We told you he loves soup people. And finally there's this that's somebody said, Pat. They did a type to texts because they messed it up. But Pat stand and tall. You split peace suit box, split pea soup, soap box?
Speaker 2: Damn straight?
Speaker 1: Somebody says, split pea soup with bacon. Oh well yeah, yeah, I could go on. We just move along.
Speaker 2: I'm on final item here, and there's more for those of you. Due to overwhelming demand, the public has just been screaming for this. Finally, in theaters this Friday, and I have the trailer for you on our JR Facebook page.
Speaker 1: It's the day after Halloween Friday.
Speaker 2: What the Carpenter has arrived, the new movie that depicts Jesus as an MMA coach in Jerusalem. We've all been screaming for this, a movie that mixes religion and MMA fighting. Yeah, no, Jesus.
Speaker 1: And now in the box office numbers, we had So and So that did seventy two million, then we had Jesus did six dollars and fifty cents.
Speaker 2: Some dude who like split piece soup and Orlando went in w r R, Orlando's rock station,