Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Giant BombCast. It's June twenty fourth, twenty twenty five. I did this out of order, so welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and ninety six.
Speaker 3: I am your hosts a.
Speaker 2: Little bit foggy mentally and in the weather that I'm having. Jan Ochoa joining me though co captain of the ship. His collars are pressed and clean.
Speaker 1: Jeff Crumb Audi, Hey, yeah, I started a new breathing technique to help with brain flogg You breathe less oxygen. It's for the birds. I don't need anymore.
Speaker 2: Speaking about birds. I would like a quick update on his birds situation.
Speaker 3: Dan Riker Uh. Paul, the guy who's like eighty and lives on my street, came and knocked on the door the other day and he's like, hey, I cut down a tree and your lawn, uh, because it's gonna help with airflow. And I think he asked me if I cut down the tree, and he was like, I don't know sure, And so he cut down a tree, is like, yeah, I'm just gonna cut it down. It'll help with like woodpeckers, it'll help with the airway. Between you and your neighbor. You just need to carry it down to the backyard once I'm done. And I just didn't want to talk about it, so I said, yeah, yeah, I'll do it, and I didn't. There's just a tree that's cut down and chopped up on the side of my house now, and I don't want to do anything with it.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you got worked.
Speaker 3: No, I'm fine with that tree up.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: It's the side of my house. I don't even ever see. It's on a huge hill. I don't go. I can't.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a tree shop pervert came to your house and made you deal with his mess.
Speaker 3: Yes, he lives down the street. He was just he does.
Speaker 1: Like trees live on every street in America.
Speaker 4: Dude, if someone came to my house and was like, I'm chopping down one of your trees, I'm like, I'm gonna cut your legs off.
Speaker 3: No, I wouldn't even do whatever you need to do. I don't want to talk about this.
Speaker 2: Chops is a cut of meat, and we've got the most delicious cut of meat here. That's right, he's our own filet mignon. Jeff Beckler. Oh, that's very nice.
Speaker 4: Of you to say I love that cut of meat, even though I'm trying to slowly but surely eliminate red meat from my diet. I appreciate you giving me the best cut.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And last, but certainly not least, I didn't give him my second, my check question. So I think he's still a little bit perturbed with me. Uh So, instead, I'll give him this. He's not only the games media, but speing about meat. He's the mediest man in games media. He's the rarest of rare. That's right, he's just past blue. He's still believe in the the hemoglobin is stripping off of my like.
Speaker 5: All that red meat is bad for you stuff. I mean, I'm sure that's true to a point, But is that maybe.
Speaker 1: It's empirically there's no debate for only chicken. It's like the like the one that's like slight turkeys Turkey was Turkey's actually yeah, listen, sure.
Speaker 4: Whatever, yeah, whatever you need to tell yourself. I mean, red meat is very bad for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know, okay, but you don't believe you're right. It's just the way that Americans eat. You're wrong like that.
Speaker 5: I could definitely see us eating so much red meat that it has.
Speaker 3: Definitely, I think I think that the short version I did just get back from Casey, so barbecue happened a lot. I had burnt ends, which is definitely red meat, and I had pulled pork, which I do again. This is this is a genuine question here.
Speaker 1: Three question.
Speaker 5: It's actually confusing Dan because there's a whole ad campaign calling it the other white meat.
Speaker 1: But apparently it's a lie. Maybe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, commercial healthy pork's less healthy than like chicken and turkey, yorks?
Speaker 1: But more fat? Is that just because of fat content? It's just fattier pork.
Speaker 3: Rbably the issue makes sense, you know what.
Speaker 1: I don't know for sure. That might be what they were talking about at that time. And we know with like fat is not as bad for you as we once thought. It's hey, you know what, food still confuses me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's it's kind of disturbed me that everything I learned about the food pyramid maybe empirically wrong.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that was also a lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was that was done by Big milk. Yeah, Big milk and and the wheat farmers trying to get eat more bread. Yeah, and the corn people. You have some thing seventeen bowls of cereal a day, according to this irregular I don't I don't want anyone to like leave this podcast thinking pork is somehow white meat.
Speaker 4: We cannot allow that to be said. It is most certainly not sure.
Speaker 2: What do you think are the odds someone listened to GB at night and thought maybe I'll try a silica pack.
Speaker 3: I think stand by it. I am not going to back down on that. I am right about that. I am objectively right, and I did not suggest anyone eat one.
Speaker 5: Okay, what's the benefit of eating one?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 3: It's just so don trivia thing that you can't eat them. I've ever eaten one. I'm not curious about paper. You should Why would you? But you can and you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: You could eat a lot of things that aren't food that won't kill you.
Speaker 2: Know.
Speaker 1: The point is stupid.
Speaker 3: But the interesting thing is that everyone thinks that do not the thing that says do not eat all over it, and that's the one thing people know about it. You can just eat and it's fine.
Speaker 1: But that's right, What do you mean fine? Though?
Speaker 2: You know we're gonna stop this conversation right now.
Speaker 1: More likely because the tree Jesus.
Speaker 2: The bomb Cast were a pod long running podcast about video games. Were able to stay on keep the lights on thanks to your support giant bomb dot com slash join. If this is your first podcast, wow, and I'll say that about every single first time you'll listen to this podcast, Wow, wow, this is the one you choose. Fantastic. You can also throw some bones at ko fi dot com slash gient bomb and we love and appreciate all of your support. Uh, that's how we're able to stay independent and keep the lights on. Mike Manati, you're waving your hand. Are you just waving high?
Speaker 5: No, Jeff's Jeff's wife is on the camera giving him a donut.
Speaker 1: I'm waving. Get some donuts. Yeah, thank you. You got a cream field one. Yeah, the donkeys. Thanks best, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: The YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Dan, if someone came to your door and was like, Hey, I'm gonna break all your windows, is that it right with you?
Speaker 1: How do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: No, that's different, Come on back along, come on, that's different.
Speaker 4: You realized in order for the first step in the experiment to work, you have to take the most extreme example.
Speaker 3: And the old that is super friendly and lives down the street and always does everyone's lawn stuff all the time, and it's very nice. I doubt he's trying to swindle me by cutting down a tree.
Speaker 4: Just okay, it's just not okay, it's just not okay. I don't like that he came to your house and was like, I'm cutting your tree down.
Speaker 3: I think he was doing a favor because they're selling the house next to mine, and he does a bunch of lawn and stuff for everyone. But he's doing no. He's a nice man. Paul is good. He's he likes talking a lot.
Speaker 1: God bless Paul. Paul.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Paul, I was in the Kansas City. I saw the dog thing. Remember my mystery dog.
Speaker 1: The dog that you were that you remembered from when you were a child and your dad.
Speaker 3: Remember I think we had my dad on a few years ago we never had a dog. And I was like, yeah, we had a dog named Ringo. I distinctly remember when I was a child we had a dog named Ringo. He's like, we never had a dog. I've never once had a dog. We did fucking have a dog. I was right, he was wrong. I was at the lake with my mom my, dad, my mom's husband, my sister is all at my niece, and so we're sitting around and it came up and Mom's like, yeah, we had a dog named Ringo. And I was like, yes, holy shit, because remember I showed a picture and my face wasn't in it, and it was all like, oh, Dan made up this dog. No, I had a dog named Ringo, and the story behind it's just very weird and depressing.
Speaker 5: So basically my Crappa get I was like, it's.
Speaker 3: Dark and a weirder way in a more so Okay, my mom had a dog named Bo before Ringo when she got married to my dad, and she had had Bo for seven years and loved this little dog named Bo. Apparently Bo got out and ran away, and they went to the animal shelter found them, and my mom and my dad went to go pick up Bo, and my mom was like, oh, thank god, Bo's alive, both safe. But the animal shelter said, okay, well for the services and everything, you just get's eighty five dollars to take them home. And my dad wouldn't let her take her beloved dog home because he wanted to save eighty five dollars. Oh my god, so my mom secretly got Ringo because she went the dog and could not bring her beloved dog.
Speaker 1: Mike, this is worse than your grandfather. Shoot all the dogs you want. Come on, this is crazy, wouldn't my mom told the story?
Speaker 3: My dad laughed. Oh my god, my sister called him a monster to his face.
Speaker 4: Oh that's putting it lightly. I'm sorry, but that's really dark.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I told you, Yes, we joke about my dad's cheapness and stuff.
Speaker 5: But ooh, man came up really well in the last voice, bailed dump truck.
Speaker 4: Like his stock was on the up and up. And now that dropped this Paul lore. I feel like I hate him.
Speaker 3: Look, look, I tried for an accurate portrayal of my father and the good and bad.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh that's so gross, Paul the dude.
Speaker 5: But the way, So then your new dog was a secret from Paul the entirety.
Speaker 3: She got him just because like she loved dogs and one of the dog. But you know, Dad would never approve it because it costs money. Here's the here's I think the problem. I found that my dad, I don't think recognizes dogs or pets as a thing of value. Because even just last summer. He was here when Bok was out of town. I just had my surgery and my dad came up to kind of like, you know, nicely, came up to kind of watch every I was telling him to not leave the door open because the dogs were gonna run away, and he when he was out smoking and he's like, oh, it'll be fine if they run away. Just tell your wife that that you know, it is my fault. And it's like the problem isn't my wife's going to get mad at me? The problem is I would like to not lose my beloved dogs. I just don't think I think he thinks of them as like I don't know, like a CD that gets scratched, like you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does he see dogs, is he No, they're real.
Speaker 3: He he does not think about them or care about them or pets in general. He hates any time, like there was a dog in the lake maze and he just he's just angry anytime he's around dogs because they're an inconvenience and this is the.
Speaker 5: Thing that's gonna take Paul dal Chat is happy.
Speaker 1: I was back on board.
Speaker 4: I was back on board with Paul, and then I found out he thinks dogs are disposable, and I was like, and I was like, whoops, I gotta do it one ad. Uh, he's a broke that's broken. That's just broken thinking. Imagine leaving the shelter, saying goodbye to your dog, say goodbye. No, no, I'm not saying him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh that's that's horrific.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did have a dog. My dad just forgot and so when he said I didn't have a dog, he was wrong. So yes, I did have Ringo. I don't know what happened to Ringo, but uh, yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Know what happened to Ringo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's yeah, I'm okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know how we pivot out of that.
Speaker 1: I got to join everybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, oh back where you go? Ahead, you go first, you got something.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure you've been paying attention to the weather news.
Speaker 4: Uh, and you're aware everyone who's listening to this show that in the big, big portion of the United States is undergoing an incredible heat wave. The heat dome, the heat dome, if you, you know, get fucked summer people. This is what you asked for.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear it is what you voted for this.
Speaker 4: Is what you voted for, and now it must summer. Yeah, you ranked Summer number one instead of Zoran like you should have. Anyway, my air conditioning is fine. I remember when I was getting my roof for place, someone was in the attic and they're like, hey, your air conditioning up in the attic has a tube that is disconnected, and maybe you want to like pop that bad boy on there a little tighter so that you're not losing any cool air as it circulates to your upstairs. So I like that happened like in February. I kind of forgot about it yesterday. It's one hundred and one degrees here, and then you start to realize that, like maybe the air could be better.
Speaker 1: So I went in my attic last night. I went in my attic.
Speaker 4: Must have been I don't know, ninety eight up there, and like, I don't know if you guys have been in a scary attic when it's sort of dusk.
Speaker 1: Did you ever do that?
Speaker 3: Have those here?
Speaker 1: You know? I have addicts.
Speaker 4: I instantly turned into like water, like my body immediately in that one X Men movie exactly.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then I went into the ocean.
Speaker 4: No like water automatically started coming out of my body to the point where like I was just up there. It's a it was a kind of heat that I could not understand and instantly out of my forehead just like water was just like like someone turned a faucet out of the center of my forehead.
Speaker 1: It was fucked. Man, don't do that. Bad time to go to an attic wheneber I hear about addicts.
Speaker 5: I just think about that treehouse of horror, horror, truss of terror I can have. I feel like it should be terror because like the r Yeah right, it's not.
Speaker 1: But I always just.
Speaker 3: Think of the bart evil in the.
Speaker 5: Attic yish heads.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I like that one. Uh hey, this is what it looks like outside my window.
Speaker 3: It's just that's beauty.
Speaker 4: You just took a picture of a cloud.
Speaker 3: That's really good.
Speaker 1: Just oh, is that fog? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It fog?
Speaker 5: Or is it's fog.
Speaker 1: It's San Francisco. It's fog.
Speaker 2: It's San Francisco Daily City.
Speaker 3: So it's fog. What's the name of the fog. It's got a name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got a whole name and everything, like yeah, oh yeah, you can't name fog. Yeah, you clearly can it has a Twitter account? Wait the fog? Yeah, has a is alive.
Speaker 3: It's just got a name.
Speaker 1: It's got a name and has a Twitter account. I didn't say it was a live.
Speaker 5: Shout.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not worth eighty six dollars though, right.
Speaker 5: Everyone was posting their ten top movies from the century so far.
Speaker 1: I bet everyone would like it if I did that. I think like is a strong word.
Speaker 5: I real quick figure this out from Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let's century and do it for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the last twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Hecky, it's the New York thing that everyone's doing. I did mine. Yeah, well he's setting it up. Well, do you have an account? You have to have an account to do it?
Speaker 5: I'm on here now. First off, National Treasure, what's happening. I think that's a fun movie. I think I agree with you. I agree with you. The best idea Joe's movie of this century is still easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the best uncharted movie too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gosh, this is gonna be because I kind of gave up on movies halfway through this century so far.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking. Movies were two thousands.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, let's put let's not put all of them get Lord of the Rings. That the Fellowship of the Ring in there for sure.
Speaker 1: That actually is the best one. Glad you like that one the best?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's Disney the Disney things? Coco for sure. Coco is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Coco's if it was like any of the Pixar Disney ones, I think i'd put up.
Speaker 5: Is from This Century, sos Wally.
Speaker 3: Is really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I might do those three like toy stories you could get in there too. God, it's kind of Pixar heavy, like Disney was doing some good stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Good here, Mike, Mike, I'll read my ten and tell me if any of these would be on yours. Okay, I got The Raid, Uncut, Gems, The Wrestler, The Dark, Night Walk, Hard Mission Impossible, Fallout, Annihilation, there will be Blood, Creed and mcgruber.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I'd put Creed in mine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, learning how many movies are made in the nineties.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, yeah, I like I like watching a group with you. I don't know if I put.
Speaker 1: It no, of course not, of course not. It's like in my top twenty five for sure.
Speaker 3: Grebo was your top ten.
Speaker 1: It's wet, hot American Summer Before Sunset, Children of Men, The Social Network, Moneyball, everybody wants some three exclamation, Yes, I love it. I love that movie too. Man, It's so good and people under rated star like it's not about anything, and I'm like, you're actually a dumb person. First Man Oppenheimer, Black Klansman, and Boyhood, which I.
Speaker 5: Know I do. I don't like that might be a me thanking spirit You're not.
Speaker 1: I've heard that before. The Spirited Away is the one. I'm like, really debated.
Speaker 5: Put In has to be on there. Moneyball is a good pick. Actually, I do like Moneys.
Speaker 1: The one is like the actually actual movie I watch every time I see it. If it's on g if it's that something's ass at a bar, I'm I'm gonna go watch Money.
Speaker 5: Moneyball, and Ford Versus Ferrari the dad movies of the century.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, bub I'm kind of surprised you didn't put Interstellar. I'm like, I was like right there with Interstellar. I like Interstellar a lot, but that one's something about that is almost a guilty pleasure. I don't know. Yeah, I don't really know how to describe it. I love Interstellar, though.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna try and do mine real quick, Mike, Well, you've I.
Speaker 5: Try to do any of the superhero ones. There definitely were something I liked a lot. I liked Batman Begins a lot. Actually, I like really good, yeah begins.
Speaker 1: Dark Knight's really good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's very good.
Speaker 1: I love The Dark Knight Tomorrow. I watch it. The more I'm like, there's a link in my Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: I did like Top Gun Maverick a lot. That was like when the movies in the last five years that made me feel anything that one's like the best, Like, let's go test my new stereo equipment.
Speaker 3: Oh movie? Yeah, sure, that's the new like Matrix DVD. Yeah, all right, we got surrounding them.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I can't think there's any like, I don't know more more Oscar movies that I really liked.
Speaker 2: That's this is your list, Mike.
Speaker 5: For me, I might love liked some of them.
Speaker 1: Trying.
Speaker 4: I like to know parasites my Oscar movie.
Speaker 1: Did that Crawler win an Oscar?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: It should have though, which is weird one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's a great movie.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. It's like really weird, but I like it.
Speaker 5: Thank you, chat Avatar. The Way of Water I did Debate The Way of Water. Yeah, Water, I love The Way of Water. I watched that like five times. Okay, I got I need one more.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: I hope I'm not forgetting something. Uh gosh, all the big My Galaxy Quest is like ninety nine. Yes, so I don't okay, I'm not doing Guards to the Galaxy. Stop trying to push it on me. New York Times. God, so minus one was pretty good.
Speaker 1: Special Fallout as a good call, Dan, That's like, yeah, tremendous, It's perfect. It's perfect. Yeah, I think I'm I think I'm more. Did you do Mad Max Fury Road, Mike, I can? I considered that, you know what, You're right, Jeff, that makes very good. That's actually the one I think I might feel worse about not putting on my eyes.
Speaker 3: I considered Mad Max and John Wick, but I did think first action movies Go. Fallout is like the best I've seen in a very.
Speaker 5: Long all Right, I think I have my ten. I hope I'm not for getting something.
Speaker 1: I read it again. I want to, yah know for sure it's.
Speaker 5: Mad Max, Furry Road, Avatar, The Way of Water, Spirited Away, Creed Leelo and Stitch Wally Up Cocco, The Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the Ring, and of course National Treasure.
Speaker 4: You had me for the first like three Yeah, I don't think you had me at all.
Speaker 1: But that's fine.
Speaker 3: That's Cis is amazing, Creed might be Coco.
Speaker 5: To be clear, if Coco is maybe the best movie on this list, Coco is insanely good.
Speaker 1: I was checking my letterbox. Coco is the one I'm like, like, I was looking for five stars and like Coco was the first one for a very long time that I have five stars.
Speaker 3: Mike, I told you I left Coco in the theater, right, Yeah, I know I'm upset, but it was not. But no, but it wasn't my like. It wasn't like I don't like this movie thing. I was enjoying it. It was just we were high and there was a guy being weird walking up and down the aisle with like like fingerless gloves and black clothing on. Uh bog was like a discovered I shoot up the theater and we left.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 3: So but it is good for what I saw.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe try to watch Coco again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't, Okay.
Speaker 2: Plus my top ten movies of the twenty first century, This is all just like Top of the Dome, and I feel bad that I was kind of trying to dunk on Quentin Tarantino and the mic check because I have Django unchained.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, everything everywhere.
Speaker 3: All at once.
Speaker 1: I still hadn't seen that.
Speaker 3: Oh grab, you'd like it. I know I would a little over a pretty good.
Speaker 2: Avengers end game. I had to have something to you there.
Speaker 1: It's awesome. I still cry whenever Cap picks up the ham. That was definitely the best theater moment. Yes, most the hypest moment I've ever experienced in a movie.
Speaker 2: Absolutely god Zilla minus one. Yeah, yeah, Greta Gerwigg's Little Women. I love that movie. Hey, Sir char Dan perfect Joe, Oh God, Timothy Shout is actually really good at that movie.
Speaker 1: Straighten everything. He's a homie like, he's awesome.
Speaker 3: It seems all right.
Speaker 1: He used to he used to customize Xbox three sixty controllers.
Speaker 3: He's all right, it's funny. He's Bob Dylan Way. I saw that it was really good.
Speaker 2: I have Fury Road Creed uh, and then the last three are movies I rewatched a lot, and I'm interested to see what everyone thinks Scott Pilgrim versus the World. Oh, you're gonna make a mad Zodiac.
Speaker 1: Oh I love people. It's good. Oh Dan, you would love.
Speaker 2: Zodia love Venture. Yeah, I should see it. Yeah. And then this is the only like I should have looked up if Romeo plus Juliet, I think that's like nineties, that's ninetiesses okay, okay.
Speaker 3: Pre Titanic as far as like Leo stuff, right, I'm.
Speaker 1: Guessing it might as well be the same time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then my last movie, The Wachowski's two thousand and eight Speed Racer.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I do really want to see that Rules. That's another one I watched like five times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I fucking love speed Racers. Is Creed like the one you're gonna say cloud out lists? I'm saying seems to be on most people's lists.
Speaker 3: That our Creed is probably one.
Speaker 1: I think I've never seen it. I love Creed. I didn't put it in my list, but it's it's awesome.
Speaker 3: It's one of my favorite movies.
Speaker 5: I like Trucky About Boa a lot too, but I wasn't going to put to Rules.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I consider putting them both on there, but it was like, look, Creed's definitely better than Belboa. It is.
Speaker 5: It is, it clearly is. But I think like Creeds existence almost hurts about because it's even better.
Speaker 3: Like late that, if someone said Creed was the best Rocky movie, I would be like, I can absolutely see that it's.
Speaker 1: The best made one other than maybe the first one one.
Speaker 3: It's it's like actual best film. I think it's definitely between Creed one and Rocky yea yeah for sure, ye all right, right, yeah, of course, course of Centers, and really like Coogler a lot. He's very good.
Speaker 4: Watch everything from how Could You Go? Twenty five years? And just pick the ten just like that during the podcast, like that.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. I'm sure I forgot something. I'll kick myself over.
Speaker 3: My entire letterbox history and I looked at all my top right like sorted by decade by rating.
Speaker 1: I think I.
Speaker 4: Feel like I've got half of it, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know we.
Speaker 4: Got I don't know if it's I don't know if it's fully conclusive.
Speaker 1: Time I commit, Man, it's all right, got the prestige?
Speaker 2: Yeah, great one, Okay, yeah that's one there.
Speaker 1: Get out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I almost had to get out on mine.
Speaker 4: Spider Man Across the Spider Verse.
Speaker 5: That's all.
Speaker 4: The second one, the first one better good, good, The Grand Budapest Hotel, the dark night, wet hot American summer.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: That is a good pick again Dan, Is it for Dan the Wrestler?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was great.
Speaker 4: Children of Men ye yeah, Parasite yep, and Big and big Fish.
Speaker 3: Okay you hate big Fish? Like yeah, Aaron Osky, do you hear about what his next movie is going to be?
Speaker 1: No? What was?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 3: Sounds kind of amazing. He hasn't started shooting yet, but it's going to be. The Rock is set in like the late nineties, and he's gonna be starring as like one of those like you know, motivational Tony Robbins type gurus and like some like depressed guy gets like totally and to like like can't you see the Rock? Because he is just kind of that guy. It's just kind of that like incredibly charismatic, but there's also an element of bullshit.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, like it's all a lie kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Like a Tom Cruise Magnolia character. Like, right, it's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 1: That's interesting.
Speaker 5: That's saying this, And I'm glad let this be. For some reason, I thought you meant like they were remaking The.
Speaker 3: Rock like Conder, don't do that. I'm surprised you. No.
Speaker 1: F One with Brad Pitt has an eighty eight percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Really, and I'm like, I don't need another dad movie in my life. But I guess I'm going to the theater. Boys. I almost couldn't believe that was the movie. I know it feels fake. You're like, you're like, what, who's that director? I gotta hear some Yeah, oh shit, I didn't realize that. Oh, I gotta go. His movies are just they are all They're all beautiful oblivion. Like that movie is kind of like it's so cliche that with Tom Cruise, But it looks awesome that there's.
Speaker 5: A new Pixel movie and no one is seeing it.
Speaker 4: But oh my god, I have to see this movie, Mike. You would love my enthusiasm. I must see it.
Speaker 5: You think it's it's bombing hard, like yes, Disney pie to any review wise, okay, people paying mind.
Speaker 1: To see it very poorly. It's like they're worst ever.
Speaker 4: I think kids movies like that. I mean again, they're not just kids movies, but they're obviously like, you're bringing your kids to see that movie? Right?
Speaker 5: I think it's hard with these sci fi movies.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I also think like it's I don't know if kids like really love I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of combination for that. Yeah, I don't even my kids have never heard of this. I think if I brought it up, they would not. They'd be like, what are you talking about it?
Speaker 5: I mean, I do this sounds like such an old man take probably, but you know it's like that Leland Stitch remake, which isn't that good? Makes the zillion dollars and yeah, people, you're yeah, exactly, that's the thing, and here's yeah you mean, boy, new things are a hard sell these days.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah.
Speaker 4: Plus they I mean I feel like I buy the transit of property, would have been exposed to some of that marketing through having a ten year old, and I just we didn't know about it only until we were on Disney. Plus being like here's a sneak peak of this movie, right, Yeah, it.
Speaker 1: Just feels like it's like a like mismatch right now, because like new movies are not doing well anywhere except for like centers, like right like centers, the one that could pop off.
Speaker 2: Like the Minecraft Movie. I watched the Minecraft Movie over the weekend.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, what happened?
Speaker 3: Solid three out of five?
Speaker 2: Really, Jan, I think I really enjoyed it and I wasn't even under the influence of anything. I just sat there watching.
Speaker 1: It's been on repeat for like a month.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I I was. I was telling I, first of all, thank you everyone that tuned into my moving fund razor stream.
Speaker 1: It was fun some BTS stuff. Yeah, there's more.
Speaker 2: There's so much more on so many hard drives. Yeah, but I was talking about it. If your boy can like lose enough weight, I think it's just about growing out. My I just want to be Jason Momoa from the Minecraft Movie for Halloween. Wait a minute, Jan, I remember Wrestling Mania with you. You want to go down to Samoans.
Speaker 3: Okay, well you said you want to be Roman Range just as a person, but you'll be Jason Momoa for Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'll be Jason Momoa and then afterwards it will be an easier transition to.
Speaker 3: Being Roman Race. We start lifting. Yeah, yes, yeah, I'm just gonna change all my teeth.
Speaker 5: Jeff and I will be Jack Black level whole group costume going. There is a chicken jockey.
Speaker 1: He doesn't need to do anything. That's perfect.
Speaker 5: Dan will be the chicken jockey and back or could be the chicken.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There, there we go.
Speaker 3: Does you have to I have to piggyback on back alone for the night? Okay?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: The magic word?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So now we talked about video games of this video game podcast. I almost forgot what we were doing for a second. Movies, movies, folks. Normally we save the biggest game to chat about right before break, but this game is so big and so odd that we got to talk about it at the tippy top of the video game segment. That's right, I am talking about deaf Stranding two.
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh boy, I am. I've talked about it a lot when I did the preview for game Spot in the thirty hours I did in Japan. I'm well past that now. I think I'm like, on the homescreen it says I'm like eighty something percent of the way through the game now, so I'm late game at this point. So I'm curious. You know, I've got additional thoughts past the preview stuff. But jan you've been. Where are you at now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Where's everyone at? Is what I want to know?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, our count.
Speaker 1: I'm not barely started. Actually, I didn't have much time for it. I got the idea.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you do, though, I don't know if you No.
Speaker 1: No, there's not gonna be anything new or weird in this game after what I've played so far in the first couple of hours, I'm sure I have a question.
Speaker 4: I feel like I've I know, almost next to no thing about any of death stranding to lower storyline.
Speaker 3: Whatever it is, and we should say we're not going to go into real spoiler stuff.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying though, is that, like, but what I've been able to sort of discern and extract from the reaction online is that I've seen reviews all over the place. I've seen people who are like ten out of ten. I've seen people say like this is a sixth at best. I don't know what's happened.
Speaker 3: I mean the Metacritic it is sitting in like a ninety right now, so I think it's there are some outliers, but it is getting some really really overall pose to get outliers. This game is a wild, weird game like the first one, and god knows, you know, I took a turn on it. I went from hating it to loving it like this, Oh you did that?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, this is not a just like mainstream everyone's gonna love it. There's nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like no, let's be clear, open critic at ninety is game of the year contender. That's this isn't like Game of the Year contender. This is you don't get a ninety and not be like in the conversation for that, like that's really hard to do.
Speaker 3: This is like it's like this and blueprints. Right, Well, we'll see how it's sticks the landing, because I do have some complaints. Well, I'll get around to that.
Speaker 1: That's part of this.
Speaker 3: I feel like it does kind of spin its wheels a bit now that I'm I'm very far. It introduces some plot points early on that are like and you've probably all kind of seen the big ones, like at the beginning, here's like, oh shit, what happens here? And then you know, you'll go forty hours and it's kind of barely touched on, and I'm assuming near the end I'm probably gonna get a lot of info dump type stuff. But narratively, I definitely like it more, just because I like the characters a lot more than the first games. But the actual through line of what's happening, it's like you're connecting Australia and Mexico. It's and then there's you know, wacky characters and stuff you meet in between. You'll get backstories about everyone and things like that, but like the actual moment to moment is kind of just like, you know, hey Higgs is back, here's Troy Baker, but like it's just still kind of unclear. Again, I'm I'm not done yet. I'm probably like eighty plus percent done, but like he just kind of shows up and is wacky and does some evil looking stuff and then there's a big boss fight and stuff. But it's like, narratively, it's not super grabbing me unless it really sticks the landing here, but I don't really care because it's just so enjoyable. Moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'm with you, Dan. I think I'm about like fifteen to twenty hours in because the last time you and I checked in, I was like around ten eleven, and then I kind of fast tracked the stuff that you said to go investigate and the overall narrative. I don't know if I'm super in love with, but the character is more than anything. I think I'm latching on too harder.
Speaker 1: Seems like the cast is really good, Like the cast's characters hanging out with one another is really solid.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I we Dani.
Speaker 2: You and I were like talking a little bit more about Death Stranding two before we went live, and I'm trying to place for myself at least whether or not my evaluation of Death Stranding two is more so informed by them addressing some of the friction points I had with des Stranding one, because like you, I was not sold on Destraining one until the director's cut came out, and then I gave it another shot, and then I think I just similarly had approached it with less preconceived notions and a general understanding of like, this is just gonna be a weird game, like I shouldn't expect anything like metal gear ish, maybe some of the common tropes that Oojima does, but like coming into Destraining two, it's I don't want to use the metaphor of it's like riding a bike because that's a very simple process compared to anything you really do here and the experience of playing this game. But I'm from the jump enjoying it, and I think a lot of that is tied to I think the individual characters being a little bit more fleshed out versus how they're initially introduced.
Speaker 3: I in the first one. Yeah, and the first one, I just feel like they're so many times where it's like, Okay, you go to meet a single character and it's just a bunch of, you know, exposition dump type stuff that doesn't really make that much sense. But like, since you do have a crew that you're kind of flying around with or I don't know, it's flying, it navigates the tar currents, the dh Fema Jellen, there is a crew of people that you're on there, and just seeing the interactions between all of them is much more interesting than just lower dump type stuff one on one, which kind of took over the first game. They're they're great characters, all of them, though, you know, I love uh tar Man, Rainy Tomorrow and Jan did I I didn't over sell doll Man to you, did I know? He's the best?
Speaker 1: Is it possible to oversell him?
Speaker 3: No, he's such a cool dude.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know how the boo boos have taken off?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Sorry, what's that I know about this?
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Okay, let do not know this one within arm's reach. What is it?
Speaker 2: They're like these little furry creatures. People go google goga the it's not just Emma's thing. This is like everyone this is and you're stealing it now.
Speaker 1: But that's okay. Emma invented La boo boos.
Speaker 2: No, she did not invent La boo boos.
Speaker 1: They're called La boo boos.
Speaker 3: Yes, La boo boos l a b u b u. Are they doing well for her?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe Emma spending too much time acquiring La boo boos. But anyway, uh, La boo boos are these things?
Speaker 3: That's a lot of thing.
Speaker 4: Boo boo you can because it's pretty great.
Speaker 2: Can I tell y'all what the fake ones are called? Yes, they're called laf hoofoos.
Speaker 1: They're probably better it just like what do you call it? What were those babies? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Kind of y'all remember like kid robot Like okay, anyway, these are like in blind boxes. People are going google gog over them. You can find them in pop marts or like resellers.
Speaker 1: Are they soft or plastic?
Speaker 3: Soft? Except the face?
Speaker 1: The face, and wait to see how we get back to stranding too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean no, no, no, most follow follow me, grub along with me. People have so many of these bag charms and other stuff you buy from PopMart. I need a shoot doll Man to hang off of every single bag I own.
Speaker 1: Doll Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, it's doll Man. It's tar Man, die hard Man.
Speaker 1: You're right, you're right, or you're right. I should have been on board with that a long time ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the that's the gimmick. Hot cold Man was in peace Walker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you did not undersell him at all, Dad. I thought he'd be a little bit too much like what's his name in God of War twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Oh head Man, headman, h fucking fujin What was it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it was fujinir.
Speaker 3: I hate that fucking guy. Thank you. That's what I thought doll Man was gonna be like. But he's total opposite of a mirror. He doesn't spoil any puzzles, and he's just a friendly, fun guy to talk to whenever I go to take a nap. I talked to doll Man about his day first, and he's just helpful and empathetic and sweet and kind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then okay, this is another conversation we're having before the podcast started. But like after getting to see Kojima in the flesh and kind of see his temperament on that red carpet that Dan and I went to where we interviewed Ben Starr, and he was very upset with Dan for some reason. Yeah, maybe he just doesn't like the French who knows Kojima just seems like a very put together person that this type of game and all of the stuff in it. I just I am so curious about what that directing process is.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, like you have to wonder how much these actors know about stuff, because I got start of asking the actors who played Rainy, like, hey, you know that, you know, you take a shower with the puppet and that keeps the puppet from aging and stuff. And it's like, wait a minute, she probably don't know about that, Like Dollman tells you about that, it's not I doubt she doesn't have any lines about it. Dollman's just like, yeah, I shower with raining. It keeps me young, all right. She doesn't even know that, I guess.
Speaker 1: Uh okay. As far as the gameplay mechanics, sco can I ask it? Like to me, it seems like it is des Stranding one, but they made the combat much better, so there's a better like sort of flow between the two states of I'm delivering and I'm building infrastructure, and now I'm going to fight stuff and that's fun and I'll get back to building. It just feels like it's all connected a little bit better. Is that the gist of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's kind of the best for me in terms of a Kajima game, because, like, the thing I don't like the most about metal Gear and dest Stranding is the stealth is the sneaking. I'm not patient, really, I just like every one of those games, I just fuck up immediately and then I have to shoot everyone. This one, you can just start shooting everyone from the beginning if you want to. But if you want to be stealthy, which I know a lot of people do, those mechanics are there. You can sneak around the tall grass and strangle guys with the strand and do decoy hollow grenades and all that stuff, or you can just go in with some big dumb guns and you know, trank grenade launchers, which is a hilarious concept, and you can just treat it like an action game and it works great for that. So honestly, in terms of just that, like moment moment action and enemy encounters, this is my favorite of any Kajima game.
Speaker 1: Wait, so you I just I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to Dan three point out here a little bit, like you hate Stealth, but you.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I love the idea, just like I'm bad at it. It's just like I don't know, you know, I like the story, and I like the world and the characters and stuff. It's I know, I don't just playing No, I don't even playing it. I'm just bad, Like I just wind up. Most of my Metal Gear playing time is like hiding in an alert is going off, and then somebody finds me again, I shoot them and then I've never been a Metal Gear game without killing like at least four hundred people.
Speaker 4: The way. Yeah yea, but yeah, mechanically like Grub, the action in the in the gun play and stuff like that is world's World's better.
Speaker 1: That's the first thing I noticed. It's like, oh, it's fun to shoot in this game, like and I'd like, and I get it. I'm shooting on lethal bullets. But if someone walked in the room and saw what I was doing, like, oh, you're just killing some people, like.
Speaker 3: Oh, someone around with an assault rifle ye under barrel grenade launcher, but it's a trank grenade launcher, you know.
Speaker 1: I do like that.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm the stupid ass. I was like, I feel better about this, like an uh Arkham Dark Knight where you're running over people in your car, but it's like it has like a like an electric shield about, like it's just knocking them out. Sure, they're like rag dolling into a concrete wall. I'm like, they're safe though, you're just sleeping.
Speaker 3: Grab. I think there's an item that I'll speak to you later in the game which I love using, which you know this is I guess it's spoiler in terms of an item you can make later.
Speaker 1: So mute if you won't bother me, might be bother others though, So yeah, go ahead for.
Speaker 3: A second if you want to. It's called the Coffin Board, and it is a like weird metallic cyber coffin that you surf on and if you only use it within the kiral network, it utilizes the chiral network. So but you can hold R two to accelerate. So it's basically a snowboard coffin that like it rides tars like as you're riding it, it's like a splatoon like tar thing underneath you. And so when I'm going up these snowy mountains and stuff, now I'm just surfing a coffin with tar underneath it. And it's like you can jump and stuff, and there's ramps and go off button, a pop up says extreme Square and I'm back and you do a SSX track and it's fucking fun.
Speaker 1: Now, can I I'm sure you saw this, but let's break a little news here. Uh did you see the latest crossover between Death tran Domin?
Speaker 3: What are they doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah, delivery makes sense, order Domino.
Speaker 3: Listen. There's a pizza chef in the game. It is not down branded, but I've been staying in the ways of pizza condo or something. Jan. I don't know if you have any pizza spinning a dough, but like get dough and so I've got like an em Bison Psycho Crusher where I like throw pizza dough. You get a rubber pizza that you can fucking throw to knock dudes out and stuff, and the pizza can fold up and put it in your grenade pouch so you don't have to carry it down your back. The pizza chef's awesome. You have a pizza fight with them at one point. Fuck, it's really good.
Speaker 1: It sounds stupid and awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you know what, We're gonna put up a post tomorrow night at Embargo of something that I ran into that I don't know if anyone else has run into, because there's a specific circumstance you need, you'll see, So keep an eye on our socials.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really, it should only happen to you based on what happens in there. So yeah, yeah, it's really interesting. It was really Oh yeah, I see what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: But yet there's just every moment I pick it up, I never know what kind of like, you know, it could be a normal delivery, and it's just like some hologram tells you, look, thanks, Sam could really use this stuff. And then sometimes it's like, oh, I'm having a pizza fight and learning pizza fighting techniques and roundhouse kicks that shoot dough out and or doll Man. Will at any moment, this game could do something that could just absolutely delight or confound you. And I love just like that. Knowing you know, you play a lot of games, you expect certain things like these are how games work. This one kind of turns a lot of it on its head and you kind of don't know what to expect.
Speaker 1: The apparently the pizza character's name is Higgs. Is that right?
Speaker 3: No, Higgs is Troy Baker.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Higgs Monahan has the same surname as the founder of Domino's.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, did I see? Yes, there is a hot Sunni Miko type thing that gives you a hat and it's like a rabbit hat, and but I put it on, and I was so confused because all of a sudden, every time Sam was gonna do something, he would go Peco, Pecko, Pecko, Pecko, And I was like, why does he say pecko with every like instead of grunting, he would say pecko When he punched, he would say Pecko. And It's like, what the fuck? And then I realized that's what the anime lady says, so if you wear the anime hat, Sam just says peco all the time. I don't know what the fuck that's about.
Speaker 1: I sound I'm delighted and confounded. Dan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's the person's name is Yusada Pekkora, but maybe uh, it's the vtuber's name, so you're saying pecko in honor of this vitoh okay.
Speaker 3: I also have a camel hat that's just a full and big, lumpy camel thing, and I guess there's water in there, so Sam gets thirsty. It's like a beer hat where it's like there's he can drink from the camel hat and it keeps you in the desert. It's it's better for you and you can carry more stuff. There's so much weird shit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you pro v tuber now? It's he been a no no, but you'll give him a slide there for the v tuber inclusion.
Speaker 1: I think it took off.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad about YouTubers. I just never think about them in any context.
Speaker 1: Once he wouldn't rescue one for eighty five dollars.
Speaker 3: Meant something to someone, I will.
Speaker 2: I want to go back to the characters for a second because yesterday during Gamess Mornings, Greb, you brought up a story about how Charlie Cox felt like an imposterous fraud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like like a fraud's amazing. Apparently you know he didn't.
Speaker 5: He did like a daze maybe of his dialogue for Exhibition three, three and four hours. It probably didn't think about it much after that, and all these people come up with him, like you you are incredible in that game.
Speaker 1: He's like, I don't play games.
Speaker 5: I'm nerd. I do not I feel like I do not deserve these accolades.
Speaker 2: But like I just want to highlight how like in this game specifically, you got Hollywood ass actors in it, like you get Elf Hanning and LEAs to Do, and.
Speaker 3: Like everyone's really good.
Speaker 2: Shioli Katsuna is rainy and like everyone just like really well written. I like hanging out with everyone, and I don't know, maybe it ties into and I didn't think Death Threating Too would be my found family game of the Year, but like, I.
Speaker 3: Think it might be because I love hanging out with these goobers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The group photos of all the characters sitting together is one of the things that makes me want to play this game. The most it's like, look at that guy with the guitar sitting next to the doll man, and all the guy with the bandana. I don't know if all these guys are actually friends, but it makes it look like that, and I'm interested.
Speaker 3: It's almost like, you know, Kaujim is really good at just putting together these like on site weirdo casts and like, you know, I think about like Foxhound in the first Meddle of Your Solid I think that is my favorite assembly of like rogues gallery of bad guys. I think they're all interesting and awesome together. It's like that, but it's for your good guys on the ship that you like hang out with and talk to all the time, and it's it's just it is a genuinely very think crew.
Speaker 1: I think you made that point in a preview Dan that in the first game, all these cool characters were like you go talk to them on their own as you have these conversations with them and they're neat. But now they interact with one another. Does that interaction like build to something? Does it really feel like they are like a they are a family at a certain point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I compared it to Arrested development of season four, right, I couldn't get the actors together and the ensemble stuff from the first three seasons. That's what it feels like. And there are these occasional objectives where it's like, hey, go meet with the crew on the bridge, and I look forward to those because I look forward to every cut scene where it's like Sam walks in and they're all in there talking about something and tar Man's tarcats flying around doing weird stuff and you hang up doll Man on his little like hook and he oversees everything, and I just I'd love, like this whole cast is fantastic, especially your crew on the Magellan, and you do see like you see backstories of doll Man, you see backstories of Tarman. You kind of learn why Tarman doesn't have his hand and what's going on with that cat and all that stuff, and it's I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: You texted me when you've got some Dollman stuff because you knew I would appreciate it, and I was very happy.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, yeah, I got to get there what I told you specifically, I don't remember if that was a spoiler anybody.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm sure it could be. So yeah, we don't have to talk about any of it, but it was just like every little tid that was like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, man, it's I genuinely love it. And for the complaints that I have about, like, you know, again, the narrative itself. You know, if you just looked at it on paper, it's not like thrilling necessarily, but the moment to moment, whether what you're doing or just even if it's a thing a scene that like is a story cut scene that doesn't really make sense or move anything forward much, it's all done with such style that it's all just fun to watch, you know. So I'm never I'm really never bored with this thing. There are some things that seem a little superfluous that you know, like early on it in use is like oh you canna, you know, start up these mines and you can build monorails to like move large amounts of cargo from you know, station to station, and it's like, oh, that's a that's a big new thing. But it's you can utilize it. It doesn't it's not annecessary thing at all. It's easy enough to just load up a truck with stuff and drive to the next area.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, but what if I spend hours, now, hours building up infrastructure like I've been doing that roadcraft.
Speaker 3: It's fun as hell. I will have nights where it's like, all right, I'm gonna start with like us story mission, so I make some progress, but then I'm just gonna sink in here, uh, and I'm gonna do hours of just building these fucking highways out. And like there's mechanical stuff like the zip lines, which were really fun in the first one. It's smarter now where it's like, as you're making them, you can adjust the angle so it's like it doesn't have to be direct line of sight. You can make it so like, oh, if the beam needs to go up over a hill or a mountain, ohmar around or just fun stuff where it's like I set a couple on a river bank and I set the angle to like go over the river, so Sam's like flying over the river and it looks all cool. It doesn't just have to be point A to point B, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love I love hearing you talk at him.
Speaker 4: Man, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: Good job, Dan.
Speaker 2: I guess everyone would know this anytime I use the zipline and sometimes just writing ziplines in general in the game are just fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just like hoot and holler, He's like whoo, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like the skit from I Think you should leave where it's like he's just here for this zipline, and like the means of transportation now are just like it just feels like, Okay, you definitely learned that maybe walking the whole game is not the most fun, So let's just incorporate and throw at you all these different means of like getting from point A to point B. Greb, you brought up the point of like combat and everything. Uh, I've kind of been trying to play super stealthy and I've also been having a pretty okay time and it doesn't feel like the game is getting in my way for trying to do that. So if you do want to approach some of the missions or situations not guns blazing or trank guns ranking, you can sneak in and there's a thing you do with doll Man to scout out the area that's just great. The yeah, yep, yep, it's just so it's just so dub of like sure, like in one of the Assassin's Creeds, you could have, like you send out your falcon, but what if you threw out a small doll Man really high in the.
Speaker 3: Air, floats in the air, tags enemies for you, and then when you pull them back, He's like, did I do okay?
Speaker 2: Sam?
Speaker 3: Did I do a good job? Yeah, doll Man, you did a great job, buddy, oh Man. I found to Grub and it is just just a backstory. I think it's just how Dollman became the doll Man or whatever. So mute for thirty seconds if you don't want to hear some Dollman origin story stuff here. But I texted Grub out of nowhere saying, okay, I thought this chapter title Puppets was going to be metaphorical, but it's actually an extremely earnest recollection of this fucking puppet losing his wife to a tar tsunami and him and his daughter go ghost hunting for her soul. But the mom's ghost freaks out about K pop and tar people drag Dollman and his daughter into the ground, and his daughter dies and her corpse is preserved in a swamp. I can't life a puppet. And I said, nopoilers overpoilers, overpoilers, over. Yeah fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like honestly, guys, like I really thought that Expedition thirty three was a lock from my game of the year. I love where the story goes and again found family. It's mighty whole stick.
Speaker 3: But Dollman alone, Yes, I want like that racting Clank where they had the clank missions where he went and did puzzles.
Speaker 1: I just want to give me a PSP game Captain Dollman's Treacher tracker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, got and the voice acting like honestly, his voice everything. He's just such an endearing character. I just I love that little dude. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, we'll We'll probably talk more throughout the week about death Straining. Two were playing on doing a quick that will drop sometime tomorrow. I Dan, I do want to like power through and just do a spoiler cast, but it's it's one of those things where I just kind of want to go down our individual notes apps of like, hey, this was.
Speaker 1: Weird, right Wait speaker cast.
Speaker 5: Did you beat Expression thirty three?
Speaker 1: Jan, yes, yes, oh we need to do that. I don't do that. Yeah, I believe in k I'm close you Oh really yeah, I've been playing NonStop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, are speaking about Expedition thirty three. Uh, Backler, I think you're the one to put it on the list.
Speaker 4: I think I'm towards the end of Act two, Okay, I can't be that much longer. I don't know who knows. I only wanted to bring it up because there, you know, I love this game. The more and more I play it, the more I just like cannot put it down. Uh, I don't want to spoil the one thing that you find out. I guess after Act one where they just introduced men Star. I thought that was like the funniest thing of like what they basically do and that game. I want to sure, can we write you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't know spoilers.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna spoil that, but it's just so funny how ben Star is sort of like inserted into this crew. I thought that was amazing. And then there is a scene between his character and Minoco where he's convincing this like furry Minoco guy to join their expedition and he's like, absolutely not. What do you mean I'm not joining your thing? And then he's just like there's gonna be fighting, and then they have this like back and forth that lasts maybe fifteen seconds, and it's the funniest. It's the funniest, like vine like I legitate, it's hilarious. There they cut each other off real quickly talking about fighting.
Speaker 1: And I just was like, what is this game?
Speaker 4: It's man, where we started and where we are now is h is very weird. And I think that is the best and maybe most confusing part about this game is that the tone is all over the place. Sure, and for me like that has only that's the only line of criticism, the only bit of turbulence that I've experienced during this whole thing. I still won't act like I've got a strategy. I don't know if I'm making the best use of luminas and all the peak pictos and ship I'm probably not. I'm probably doing the you know, five digit damage, but I'm not. I'm like a four digit andy guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, leave me alone, right, you're having a good time, Yeah, obviously, I'm loving it.
Speaker 5: I what's your party? Who you're playing with?
Speaker 1: Uh? Well, so I only have like six people?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I got Monoca Viros.
Speaker 1: I'm like Versa Minoko. Okay, so many people in chatsplaying Monaco wrong okay, no, it's Monoca. Uh.
Speaker 4: And then like the the first three female characters you meet in the beginning, I'm all, they're all in my like crewe. I'm in a part now where we're like separated though.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, oh yeah, yeah, you're you're making pretty good progy's there. Yeah, I've been. I still think about this game NonStop since I finish it, like a couple of weeks ago. I really want to. I I keep pushing about the spoiler cast because I just have so many thoughts about the game and the ending and all that stuff that I want to get out there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, back, yeah, Well I try to finish it. You guys do a spoiler cust next week while I'm out. Yeah, how I probably have.
Speaker 3: You're pretty close my ex.
Speaker 4: So I'm playing it through like the Xbox Ultimate thing, which, by the way, my goodness, it's the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty five. Why is this app still occasionally a dumpster five?
Speaker 1: Did you talk about the cloud streaming stuff.
Speaker 4: The x note just the Xbox app on PC? Like, are you streaming from your like local Xbox? No, I'm I'm downloading the game the game Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, can still be terrible. Yes, look like the cloud safe stuff.
Speaker 4: Like I go back and forth between a serious x and I pis and for the most part it's been pretty far. But yesterday, you know, I had like two hours and I'm like, hey, I'm gonna play through more of this game.
Speaker 1: I boot it up and it's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: What do you You don't have this game error error? And it took me forty five minutes to figure it out. And it was a series of like restarting, on installing the Xbox app, on installing Expedition thirty three, reinstalling that, Like, I'm sorry, it is not great. It is still showing its ugly facey and it's the reason why I'm like I used to feel good about getting Xbox games and being like, all right, I've got it on PC. Even if it's Xbox tainted, it's fine. It'll still do what I needed to do. But no, it is. It still has its issues.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: It's insane. And they like but be says they're in their launcher when that launcher actually works better. But they're like, we'll shut that down and just go with Xbox. Ah, you should have just moved everything over there still.
Speaker 4: And there's just it's just like the worst messaging too, Like there's still legacy apps in the in the Microsoft Store that you can get that have no current contemporary functionality, so like there's just all this garbage still over there. I still want that, the rog Xbox thing, I'm not. I still want that, but I mean hopefully, hopefully.
Speaker 1: What that signifies is when that thing comes out, they will solve a lot of these problems and improve it, because otherwise, what's the point of that fucking thing? Yeah, this is me holding my breath. What were you saying?
Speaker 3: And didn't they just add like Steam integration into the Xbox app so you can load your Steam games for.
Speaker 1: That that will be as part of the Xbox app that comes out with this rog Ally thing. So that hasn't happened yet. I don't think they did it. They let me just don't have this morning that people maybe maybe it happened this morning, Okay, Cool?
Speaker 3: You don't see what possible use case outside of like the rock Ally thing, Like why would I?
Speaker 1: Because eventually eventually they're thinking maybe you can have the Steam Steam on your Xbox console and stuff like that. It'll be one unified app. I don't know. They also they wouldn't hate having your information in their apps, so and it might like load XRA epic games as well. So having one launcher that knows where all your games is something people sometimes ask for.
Speaker 3: But it kind of has that storefront thing where it's like, Okay, do you want to lunch Steam? Do you want a lunch checks box?
Speaker 1: You know, right, exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fantastic. Well, going from one JAREPG to kind of another, Jeff Grubb, you have continued to play through Paper Mario the Thousand Your Door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I'm on the last boss fight in that game, and I got too tired and had to put it down. Also, I think I need to rethink my badge situation, yes, because it's like I think I have some badges that are just completely worthless in that fight, and that's not great to have. But boy, I was like, man, I put the game down thinking because you get to the end of a chapter and then I was I mentioned this to like, you want to start up a new chapter, and it's like, oh, it can't be as good as the last one, And then throughout that game it always is as good or better than the last chapter, and so when I did pick it back up here, thinking it's gonna be hard to get my momento back, that wasn't a problem. I just of soared through to the end of that, to the end of that game, and it's it's really nice. I was also playing it because I heard about people complaining about two D graphics on the switch to S screen and how it can cause some ghosting issues. I don't think that game quite has like a lot enough fast paced action to like see that, but there were some cut scenes where the background was moving pretty fast, and I think had I, like brought out a magnifying lens, maybe I could have noticed something. But boy, it's really I kind of don't know what people are talking about. In most cases. I tried some other games as well, but yeah, A thousand Your Door is really fantastic. It is as good as everyone always said, and the characters continue to meet throughout the end there are really excellent. It's just and it's you know, it's quirky and funny and warm and in a way that I'm like, man, why can't all of their RPGs, The paper Mario RPGs have just been this over and over again, they really got it right here, all these fun goomba characters that have hats and stuff like that. It's such a simple thing and they won't even do that anymore. But yeah, a thousand year door thumbs up. Really enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Ye, who are you kind of rocking as your main partner in this endgame stuff?
Speaker 1: You know, I kind of have to flip and flop between different ones depending on the scenario, But Vivian is kind of my go to A lot of times. She does a good flame attack that attacks everyone and causes ongoing damage, and that ongoing damage kind of pierces through defense, so even if like the initial attack doesn't hurt them, the fire damage will at least do something over time, and that's nice. But I like all the characters. I kind of I try to start with a goombella so I can always do the tattle ability so I can get the HP for the enemies and things like that, especially on these big boss fights at the end of the game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if they make another paper Mario on the switch to in it somehow still isn't just more like this, I am going to lose my mind.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a lot.
Speaker 5: I probably shouldn't expect it. It certainly lost cause, but the fact that they did remake this game brought it out and everyone is just like.
Speaker 1: We like this better.
Speaker 5: It's clearly better if once again we get somehow another like sequeled a sticker Star or some other new thing that's sort of weird.
Speaker 1: It just isn't this again. And it's just a combat too, because Origami King is a good game except for the combat.
Speaker 3: That's It's unfortunate because like even when Paper Mario is sort of going downhill after game Cube, it's like I always took solid and like, well, okay, Mario Luigi, I'm still getting my RPG Mario Kick. And then with Brothership, that was the first time I was like, I don't think I like this. So they're kind of both in bad spots right now.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Brothership kind of came and went last year.
Speaker 5: Huh, that was a big I didn't even try it because I just didn't hear anything great about it though. You know, I'm not speaking for an opinion, but.
Speaker 1: It seems like that was a big letdown.
Speaker 3: I played a couple of hours and I was like, this is not hidden for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it kind of it was a bummer for sure, speaking about circling back to things that now may be hitting Mikey, you've been playing a lot of Splittoo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So I finished that Splittoon three campaign. It was it was fantast I think it was so.
Speaker 3: Good, Mike. I assume that uses the same gyro control stuff.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah. Yeah, it's just like it's all the same controls of Platoon and a lot of those mechanics that just in these levels built for a single player experience in like a very thoughtful and interesting way. So you actually when I finished that, I know there's the delC for three that's supposed to be good, but I'm like, I never finished twos either or and I heard the DLC for that was great. So I'm actually now in the middle of Splatoon two single player campaign. Uh, and then when I finished that, I'll do the Octa expansion there, and then I'll do side Order for Splatoon three. Even here, it's like interesting the differences between Splatoon three and Splatoon twos. Splatoon two. These levels are sort of long, and they're they're generally kind of like similar, Like I go through this level, beat up the enemy, shoot them, you know, Splatoon three is much more bite sized levels. Every level kind of has its own gimmick, and those are really neat, maybe even better. Actually, there's a there's a part of Splatoon three and look, this is a mild spoiler. This game's very old, but I just have to say it because I think Dan's gonna like this a lot. Remember it's putween three of the band for the group, right with Big Man and the girls, and they're like, yeah, big Man's a big Manta Ray. Well, during this campaign, you fight all the people in that group, and the last one you fight is Big Man, the Manta Ray, the boss fight against them, he just turns into that shadow good thing from Mario Sunshine.
Speaker 3: Wait they make just that? Wait are talking about Gooper Blooper? Are you talking about Shadow Mario?
Speaker 1: No Shadow Cooper Blooper.
Speaker 5: It's just that giant Manta No, no, no, no, remember no, no, not that Remember that part that one mission in Mario Sunshine where it was just the shadow of Manta Ray going along outside the resort and you had.
Speaker 3: To show it breaks up and it's that thing. Wait did they call it that or is it just like clearly that I don't know a million different just that hell, yes, okay. I did want to play that at the airport and on the flight back yesterday or whenever I got back, but I figured with the gyro stuff, I would look crazy on the plane, so I chose not.
Speaker 5: I mean, you can't turn it off, just take it it jewels, But I like it, you know, fortoon. It feels really good with the job even like the end of three. There's like good cut scenes like you know it kind of I don't know it, like the production.
Speaker 1: Chill, dude, chill. I'm downloading it. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna play this weekend. Yeah, and I've heard I've heard some people say that the auto expansion for two is maybe the best single player stuff they ever done.
Speaker 5: And then Side Order on three is very good too.
Speaker 1: So I'm just going through all of it. I'm having a great time. Yeah, I've been. I've always meant to. This is a good excuse switch to Splatoon, all right, that's happening on my vacation. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, just in case you needed uh to know all of the fun features of the switch to while you're playing through all these Switch one games, Dan Reicher, Thankfully you've been hitting the books by continuing to play through the Nintendo switch to Welcome to Her.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing that I couldn't look crazy on the plane play a Flailey gyroscope game. So I was looking studious and learning about the hardware of the switch too.
Speaker 5: I was doing the Marocca thing on the plane.
Speaker 3: I didn't That's the thing was games I wouldn't do. I was just doing quizzes on the flight back, basically, even like there was one where it was the kickstand and you have to like set it up at like, okay, see how close you can get to a thirty degree angle with the kickstand, And I was like, I probably look crazy here the guy next to wondering why.
Speaker 1: I'm wait, it could tell the angle of the king.
Speaker 3: Yes, I thought it was just going to show me pictures, oh.
Speaker 5: The gyro I'm very alarmed that I apparently have significantly less social shame than Dan, because I act I literally was just on the plane shaken these things like Morocca.
Speaker 3: No, No, I could put on a list. I can't do that. Yeah. So I'm excited about switch to hardware for an entire plane RUD.
Speaker 5: But I am.
Speaker 3: Excited now because all I have now is many games, and that seems like a lot of fun. So then once I go back to it, I'll have a bunch of fun nis. Also, did I think I want to speed run Welcome Tour? I think that'd be a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as a joke, right, everything we do is a joke.
Speaker 3: There is a scene where it's like there's the stamp Rally speed run, which is just like how fast can you get all the stamps in the Welcome Tour? And then they are the minigame ones, but I think the stamp one would be funnier. So I do want to get on a on a leaderboard for nintendolcome.
Speaker 5: So far, the number one time on stamp Rally is twenty five minutes and forty nine seconds.
Speaker 3: I think I can beat that. I know where those stamps are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to TCB Trio for that wreck.
Speaker 3: I'm going to look into it. I have a note to do that. Yeah, that's what that fun.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm a pro Welcome to our guy. That's which The big switch looks real good. I like skating over the screen. The mini games are fun. I do Lost and Found and bring it back to the welcome desk and everyone likes me.
Speaker 5: There A lot of your appreciation for games is like the people in it are.
Speaker 1: Nice to me.
Speaker 3: I just like nice people.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 3: Nice people are all man the welcome tour folks. Yeah, they're all good people for sure. They're up standing dudes.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that is something I've yet to check out on the switch to but maybe maybe if I'm in the mood to go back to school, I'll do that. But guys, I've been thinking about this. Of all the miscllaneous things to get into this year, I really want to get into Yo Yo's. So I'm very glad Dan and Mike that you two have checked out Pipistrello and the Curse Yo Yo.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was playing this on Mega Man Monday Evening Games at Mikes that night yesterday.
Speaker 3: But Mike, I think it's funny because you have to say the full title every time, Otherwise it just sounds weird, like you want to do the whole thing every time.
Speaker 1: A lot of people showed up last night.
Speaker 5: I watched, and we're kind of confused that I wasn't playing Mega Man, including my son.
Speaker 3: Apparently, Like Mike, I'm gonna be so disappointed if you ever played Mega Man on Mega Fan. You're not Monday Morning, do Monday Morning Mega Man.
Speaker 5: After many it is my favorite series, so my one, like regular Block, I might want to play Megabits. Pip Ostrello is super fun. I'm usually very skeptical of these Zelda town Oh slander and yeah, but no, this is a ton of fun. It It doesn't just swap in a yogo for a sword with some games. You know, I love Star Tropics a lot. It's not like there's anything specifically yo yo y about your yoyo in that game.
Speaker 1: It's just your attack.
Speaker 5: Here. You can hit it off of angles uh unlike this where walls connect.
Speaker 1: Because you can only throw it north, east, south and west right. It can only go in cardinal directions right but.
Speaker 5: Point it just feels so good and as long as like the next angle is close enough to it, and kind of keep doing that for a while.
Speaker 1: You can't even just throw the yo yo.
Speaker 5: But if you do that, you're kind of without the yoyo until it either you wait a while it'll respond to or you have to go and get it. So I don't usually want to do that, but just bouncing the yoyo against these walls feels fantastic.
Speaker 3: And they'll set up a bunch of enemies, like clearly in a row where it's like you're gonna get that satisfying moment of throwing it against like and take there like eight things and there's coins everywhere.
Speaker 5: It's great as as it's like really neat progression mechanic. It's got a couple things. It has basically the bad system from Paper Mario or from Hollow Night, you know that kind of thing. But there's also a skill tree and there's a shop, and the way it works like you buy your next like kind of passive upgrade thing like plus one attack power, plus more health. But there's always a negative side effect to it too, so it's like, okay, get plus one attack power forever, but it's gonna be minus one health until you pay off this debt that you have, and it's all I get to go back to this perspect off the debt. It's just fifty percent or whatever of all the money collect now is going towards paying this debt until that's paid.
Speaker 3: Off, and then that will move the negative thing.
Speaker 5: Right, so then you don't. But then at that point it's like, well, now I need to kind of work towards another one, so you almost always have some kind of negative effect, so you canntinuing to make your character permanently stronger. I think that mechanic of it is really interesting.
Speaker 3: They reminded me al most of the shop in Link Between Worlds, because wasn't that a little thing where it's like you could pay to rent or at a certain point you could own it.
Speaker 5: I don't know if yeh, it almost sounds more like that than it actually is, because again, there's it was almost like effectively you had the item and it just kind of kept from having inventory clutter basically for a while because you eventually you just bought the while you had in there was no negative effect here like you're having. So yeah, it's really good. I the aesthetics, I'm a little bit I'm not sure on It's like, you know, it's one of these things with a lot of these retro games. I know, this is more Game Boy Advanced inspired than anything. And there were a lot of colors they could use there, for sure, and those games sometimes were very colorful, but there is something about the sixteenth bit era and they can only use so many colors that kind of kept the palette in control. Sometimes here it's like we have all the colors, and some of the characters seem a bit overdesigned and things like that, So you know, I don't It's bright in a good way, but it's also over designed in other ways too, And it also does you know this the game is not like super big on story. I know this is maybe a bit of a me thing, but I play these games sometimes I'm like, we don't need this much set up in the front end for this yo yo game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I felt that too. It's like the first like twenty minutes at the least, there's just like, Okay, I really don't need all this. It's more like every time I start linked in the past, it's like, yeah, I know, you're a prisoner in the dungeon. I'm at my way, don't worry about it. I just want to play the game. It's like that times ten.
Speaker 1: Right, And I mean, that's yeah, that's all I need.
Speaker 5: As much as I like Minished Cap at that point, in terms of those kind of Zelda games, it was like, Wow, let's let's get moving here, everybody. I would like to play some Zelda now.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm with you. Mike it's I'm a sucker for any kind of just like, hey, this is clearly a Zelda like. This is clearly a throwback thing, even like Blossom Tails, which is more of a just one to one, like you've got a sword and you're getting like hook shots and stuff and boomerangs. This has its own flavor to it for sure, like aesthetically like, the gameplay stuff is very kind of Zelda inspired, but it has enough unique things like with the yo yo and the shop type stuff and the upgrades that like, it's not just another one of.
Speaker 5: Those you know right right, and again, the game Boy ADVANCEDNSS of it is fun. There's even a mode where you like, can I click in your sticks and it zooms out and you're actually playing the game on a game Boy Advanced looking system. You can turn it around and still keep playing the game.
Speaker 2: So that's neat all, right, I still might want to check this out.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed watching Mike play and like anytime he hit the yoyo on an angle and it did the thing, I popped because.
Speaker 5: Very satisfying mechanic that always felt good, And just like the general like layout of the puzzles and things like that felt interesting. I like the overworld being a city instead of just some big grassy field that switches things up.
Speaker 3: To buying fast travel points. I think is cool.
Speaker 5: Yes, I did lose a lot of my money retrying this arena constantly that I probably just wasn't strong enough for yet, and then that upset me. But that was a skill issue, I admit.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, it was something that definitely was not a skill issue for you. Yesterday, Mike would replaying through Missed because Greb and I were trying a backseat game, but you just were on top of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell you what.
Speaker 5: I've been wanting to play miss on the site forever, mostly just because I liked the stupid idea of calling something Monday Mornings Missed with Mitch. I honestly didn't think much about it if it would be good content or not. Uh So, I'm glad it actually seemed like it was a fun time. I know, I enjoy myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mike, I assumed you were like a longtime fan of Missed and you wanted to show it off. But then I saw like the comments being like, Wow, he's taking to this really quick. Becau's really figuring out these puzzles fast. And so like I didn't realize, is this your first time playing it?
Speaker 5: This is my really really it is. When Miss came out, I definitely sort of wandered around. I don't think I had any idea what to do. I think I found because I think you can beat the game in like ten minutes if you know exactly what to do right away. So I think at one time I did that for fun again, way back then. I don't remember how I did that, but I always like thought Miss was cool and admired it. But the time it was a bit beyond me, and I just never went back. Really, but I'm always so fascinated by it because it was this big important thing in video games. That was when people were still really excited about integrating all this live action video the pre rhetic cut scenes. It was this big driver of CD ROMs and CD rum drives and gaming, and you know, it was a good It was a franchise for a while. There were five of these games and the spin off with Uru. So my brother AJ always liked them and it just sound know, there's a vibe to it too that I thought was cool, and that's what I really enjoyed the most. When we were playing, there's this weird isolationist but Pete tranquill Missed vibe. Yeah, it's it's doing its own thing there, and I just really enjoy its.
Speaker 1: People talk about cozy games. This is cozy to me.
Speaker 5: Sure, just kind of walking around these sort of puzzle games or adventure games.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 2: You know, this is due to my own ignorance because I never checked out Missed growing up or had any real exposure to it. But Mike, watching you play through MI yesterday, I couldn't help but think, oh, this is what blue Prints is doing.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know, I think that was the still like the best single set descriptor of Blueprints. And it's hard to do because that games a lot of things, but calling out a roguelike mist, I think it's kind of the best way of getting to the essence of what Blue Princess. Okay, yeah, it's a lot of that here. Now we are playing the remake, and the big difference there is that you are just you know, walking around a fully three D world. The original game it was all pre rendered. You're just kind of moving from scene to scene by clicking around the screen. But I heard that the remix was good. I know some people want me to play the original, but the remikes good. It runs very easily on ann stuff. It's widescreen, and it still has the original FMV acting in it, which is I think a core part of that experience, right, all these games you want to see all those people who are just working at the studio and whatnot.
Speaker 1: I love that shit.
Speaker 3: It's fun when you play a modern game and it makes you realize that a game you've overlooked, you know, from the past. It's like, you know, when I first played Star New Valley and I was like, what a great idea of her game. This is very fun. Oh I should have played Harvestman. Okay, got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I wonder I brought me hopes that the little bit of that Blueprints pop off trickled down to miss the a little bit, and if not, maybe Denerald showing off here.
Speaker 1: But because this is good.
Speaker 5: And then the Riven remake, which is the sequel to this game, which at this point I'm pretty comfortable with saying, yeah, we're gonna play that after this. Oh yeah, people love that Riven remake a lot, so I'm excited to get there too.
Speaker 1: I did look to see if there was a Mad Dad subtitles and there's just there's nothing out there for using the old F and V, which is a roll bummer. But uh, what what happens if you don't use the old F and V? Did they re record that stuff with new actors?
Speaker 5: So what they? I think it's just three D models that that's original was in the remake? Right, No, it's like, look, we were okay getting rid of the you know, slide show walking around stuff that you gotta have the pre render FM the people, Yeah right, yeah, yeah, but it is weird that the subtitles don't work when you do that.
Speaker 1: But they said they didn't do the timing for it, and they were like, maybe we will do it one day. And that was years ago and they haven't updated about it.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think that's happening.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. It's definitely okay. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking about building upon the DNA of an existing game, last Friday for upf grub, Mike and I played FBC Firebreak, which is building off of the combined Universe of Control and Alan Wake, as well as I guess the gameplay DNA of something kind of like a Left for Dead.
Speaker 1: And then just Sam Lake weirdness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like you gotta wet your brothers or you gotta wet your bros hop in the shower together because you got covered.
Speaker 3: In sticky notes.
Speaker 1: Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Continue to play this game after we we did on UPF, and I think my enjoyment severely lowered because I was no longer playing with friends. I was just playing with randos, and it's it's kind of difficult to get into this game because the still the level progression is a little slower than I'd like it to be a lot too. Yeah, and the developers have addressed that to to like you said, Grob, ramp it up and kind of increase that speed. But the problem is, uh, it feels like for me, there's so much to do that it's really hard to coordinate with a lot of randos just jumping in to the game because it is so objective heavy of you got to go do this, and then you got to go all the way over here. You have to do this task to unlock the next task. And even when we were playing together, it was it took a little bit of time to get acclimated to what everyone should be doing right, and the game doesn't like it has three classes, but it lets you jump into missions with whatever formation you want. But I kind of feel like you absolutely need someone to be like the water the splash brother guy or the water pricing.
Speaker 5: Well, there's that whole mechanic. First off, in the first level, people were catching on fire. I had to put him out, Then the other one I had to splash the post it notes off them where they just basically died.
Speaker 1: It's like, what would we have done if I wasn't You got to go find a shower and it's like that's not the same thing as well, Okay, someone needs to fix this breaker box. Why I could just do that automatically or everyone else could just do the QTE right, And that's that's like makes sense where it's like, oh, you know, we need someone to get wet and no one else has any other way of doing that. It doesn't feel I'm disproportionately important, which yes, seemed crucial. Yeah. I do think maybe.
Speaker 5: Los Pectations helped me with this because going into it kind of just hearing pretty bad things yeah about the game, and it helped that Jan knew what was going on a bit to help us out, So I was having fun, but it was also constantly little befuddled by some of the choices. The most egregious thing was we're doing this pretty long mission and you know, every like ten minutes, it's changing up what exactly our objective is and it's kind of a little confused and get reaculated. Then we go into this really big room with a lot going on, and there's already a ton of enemies that are all making a lot of noise and we're fighting them. And while this is happening, some guy over the radio is trying to explain the complicated thing we need to do in this room, and it's just like, I didn't get any of that, Jen, please tell me you know what's going on, And thank god you did. But if you did it, I don't. I guess I would just die and give up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a rough first mission to start with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the first mission like any and it's like you just go in this room and there's a lot it's like a lot of new ideas. And I appreciate that the game has a lot of ideas. I do. I think it's like, Okay, that's one way to make one of these stand out, but it's it's it's probably not enough to overcome that that that none of them really gel in a way that feels great and it can be kind of convolution and you can feel the first impression it makes of like, oh, this is what I'm doing here, I didn't even realize that is pretty rough and it's not so fun. On the other side of that that it's like, well, it was clearly worth butting our head up against the game not knowing how to convey that information.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's difficult because you want to have these objectives, I guess, but I do think part of why I left for Dead Work so well is that, you know what, what you're all doing is relatively simple. You're fighting zombies and you're moving to the next place. Maybe sometimes it switches things up a bit here. I think the second mission was much better when it was mostly just yeah, take out all the post it notes, and sometimes that means fighting a giant monster made out of post it notes, right, But that was showing a lot better than that first mission of like, first, you know, repair all these things, then fill up the barrels and move the barrels down and toss the barrels into this. It's just is this game there, the control flavor aspect of it. I do enjoy that.
Speaker 1: For the objects of power showing up, Honestly, red light green light thing is a really fun idea.
Speaker 3: It was very stressful, but I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: And then like getting a powerful gun that shoots out a bunch of like shredded metal and blowing up those objects of power. That was that felt great? Yeah, it was. There's some cool stuff in there.
Speaker 5: Tina saying Jen may have dropped us into the third mission there, that one with the barrels.
Speaker 1: I don't know if if they're confused, it's like like level three is what they were hearing. But I think that was like, oh, it's it's made for level three. And then we tried like the easier versions of some of those levels. I don't know whatever it maybe maybe it did, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I popped into a Rando game, I had popped in at level three because that's what was suggested to be able to move on to the next level. If that's the case where you have to like adjust the difficulty and play through these multiple times. I could see again, real old folks, Yeah, real crusty, because yeah, after a while, and we eventually settled it into the rhythm of it. That first mission took close to an hour, if not a little bit more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: And there's shorter versions of those levels, but then you don't progress if you do those simpler ones.
Speaker 5: I don't think, Oh my god, I'm like, I was like just looking on Steam charts, right, I was curious, like, how many people are playing night Rain still night Rain a lot?
Speaker 1: Eighty like eighty eight.
Speaker 5: Thousand concurrence right now on Steam eighty eight thousand.
Speaker 3: I want to circle back to it. Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 1: I liked it a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to fire break meanwhile, is one hundred and ninety four?
Speaker 1: That is it's not real. It's coming back from that really, that is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's kind of just it's toast gees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's you. Yeah, that level.
Speaker 2: Like the leveling process, and because like some of the I think what would make this game super fun is just having like a bunch of abilities popping off at all times, and it takes so long to even get to that second page of abilities to get like a better shotgun or like access to grenades.
Speaker 1: Is it cross platform?
Speaker 5: So okay, yeah, so yeah, look it's on game Pass and PSM plus I know, okay, so even.
Speaker 1: With that, Steam is usually isn't affected by that stuff. There's a rematch is on both of those as well. And Mike, what's rematch is numbers on Steam, let's see rematch. Steam charts rematches at least on on game Pass, but I think it's on both.
Speaker 5: Prematch is at sixty, like sixty two thousand, So yeah, okay again, you know it feels like at one thousand short it is at two hundred.
Speaker 2: That's well, speaking about one game we played on UPF to another game we're going to be playing this week on UPF rematch, this is like Human Rocket League, right, yep, some.
Speaker 1: Would call it football. No, no, no, match doesn't sound right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: I miss not an eighty movie game now, but Rematch is interesting.
Speaker 4: It's a world where an invisible force field surrounds a soccer pitch, and that is one of the things I feel like is the one of the coolest parts of this game, where it has this arena soccer sort of vibe. It is uh, it's made by slow Clap who did cefu? So there's a lot of that kind of like technical sort of there's not fighting in this game, but the but if you can imagine a soccer game playing like it was designed by fighting mechanics people, it starts to make sense, it does. I think I think this game's pretty good. I think it's I think it's almost equal parts frustrating and satisfying because I think there's a few quality of live things that maybe need to be sweetened over for me to really really really.
Speaker 1: Jump in.
Speaker 4: With with, you know, with everything right. The camera controls are a little weird, and I've still not fine tuned them in a way a lot camera lock I've been searching for that there is I've not discovered. Yeah, And you know, I think that's why there seems to be this sort of like developing argument of like what's the best way to control this game on PC, whether it's key mouse and keyword or controller mouse and keyboard was working really well for me, Yeah, and I think I might start to go that route. I think what's hard about this game is it's sort of you know, the play to really effectively play well as like a three or four or five person team and have good experiences with teammates is you need people to like understand through balls and kind of like, really, I guess have a fundamental soccer.
Speaker 1: I was playing with Randos. I don't think I got the ball passed to me once.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, and you can call for the ball too, and you can kind of like lead people in the right direction. I think the shooting mechanic is very cool because it's sort of this like third person thing where you have to like target the radical to where you want to and then kind of cook a shot and let go and work it that way. The juggling stuff is interesting. It's just sort of it's it is approachable, but a little bit deeper than you might think with the technicality and the kind of like arsenal of soccer maneuvering you have at your disposal while you're playing it. I I'm a jury still out for me on it.
Speaker 1: I enjoy it.
Speaker 4: I've played a lot with Dibb, who loves soccer and was and loves Rocket League, and I was like, oh, this is a shoe in and he was like, I hurt the scurry one more time.
Speaker 1: Let's play again. Let's play again. Let's play one more time.
Speaker 4: You know, so there's that that's going on, which I guess is better than just hating it all together. So so yeah, I mean, how did you find it?
Speaker 1: Grub Yeah, I mean I found myself thinking I'd rather be playing Rocket League most of the time. Not that I think this is a bad game. I just like think that, uh that you know, there's more depth here, and Rocket League limits what you can do in terms of like what your character is actually capable of. You can't do a rainbow kick to yourself, like where you tick it over in the back of your head in a lance in frontia and you do a sweet move like you could do that, or like there's no button combo that just does that. You can maybe you can maybe get so good to get the card to do that, but that's a different thing like that. There's a huge skill ceiling there, Like the scale floor required to play rematch is much higher. I think now. I still think I was having a good time when I was playing. Yeah, especially when I got in goal and like that there, because it's like unlike Rocket League, it turns you into a goalie, like you stand back and you use your hands and you can like die dive back and forth, and I felt like there, it's like, you know, I have decent reflexes for something like that. That's where I was like, Okay, at least here, I feel like I can contribute to the team and not scrub too bad. And then when you do scrub, it feels really bad because oh I like down the whole team. But I was still having a pretty decent time. So I think I might be in a similar place to Dib.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, there's good.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, Goldtending I think is really good. There is a for my taste too charitable, of a sort of like forgiveness zone of what a goalie can kind of get away with, you know, just sort of like sucking in just by like a proximity sort of situation. I think overall it speaks to like the physics in this game just being a little wonky and kind of like just not you know, just sort of their own laws, like they kind of exist on their own planet that don't really they're very close to Earth, but they're not Earth. One to one was what we were gonna say.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 3: Now you know we are playing Friday, We're playing in the UPF against men Max.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh okay, cool.
Speaker 3: Sarah Janet and Leo. So I think we're gonna do it three on three on Friday. Do I need to a put in a bunch of practice time? I haven't played it? And b do I need to know how soccer works?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: All you need to know about soccer is ball and net good. But like the sides, ic, no need to know not in not in this version of it. In real soccer, there's a lot of rules.
Speaker 1: There's no rules. I don't think there's like even like fowls right, you can go nuts.
Speaker 4: I would play the tutorial like a lot there's and it's not just there's an opening tutorial and then you can dig down on a more granular level. Okay, that stuff I think will be helpful for you. I you know, it's tough. It's like you you for me, it's frustrating because it's like I know what I want to do in this game and I'm just not able to do it. And maybe that's a practice skill issue thing who knows, but.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: That's that's always going to handcuff you and a frustrating the game.
Speaker 1: I think the difference is is like in Rocket League, I want to do the thing and I know why I'm not good enough, and I just got to like try to get better at like doing the combination of buttons that I already have at my fingertips. Here it's like, oh, I feel like I'm forgetting a button. I need to be holding down LB and the pass button to do a lob pass, and then I hold down RB in the pass button to do a different kind of pass, and it's like, oh, I got to keep all that in my head, and it's just I'm not there yet. I mean, that's a lot of sports games, so it's like, not like this something I'm holding specifically against rematch. But for me, this is so Rocket League coded that I was kind of going there expecting like this is going to be simple, simple, simple, and all the complexity, all the depth would become what can you do with this simple set of tools? And it's like here, now the tools are a little bit more complicated. Do you want to try to take the time to get good at that? And I guess I kind of do. I think this game is still fun and worth that, but at this point it's still mostly an exercise and frustration for me.
Speaker 4: You're right, I was surprised with how kind of inaccessible, it is, right. I was surprised with like, how out of the how much out of the gate You're sort of lost.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 4: That's even with a little bit of that tutorial.
Speaker 3: That's unfortunate because like I have for a long time wanted to see some form of return to like you know, jam Blitz just kind of that like, oh, grub, I know you're not like that.
Speaker 4: This is less that though anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like that's the thing. I saw some people invoking the name of like jam and Blitz and stuff like that, and I've always wanted that to come back as Arcade Sports simply.
Speaker 1: This is definitely an Arcade soccer game. It definitely is, but.
Speaker 3: It's not Sega Soccer Slam or Mario Stra.
Speaker 1: There's not like power ups and stuff like that. Right, there's still power ups, but it definitely it reminds me a lot of Sega Soccer Slam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, I mean, you know, I just we're just I just feel like we're gonna constantly avoid doing this for hockey again. And it's just like at every given turn Mario Sports see the slow clap, like someone just do it for me. People are making like roguelike hockey games, and it's like, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: We got to get the global South into hockey. Until that happens, I just well, I get it.
Speaker 4: You know, you twisted the knife pretty deep when you asked if there was icing in this game.
Speaker 1: Damn that hurts.
Speaker 3: I know. That's not I represent sports things that don't triggered me.
Speaker 4: Yes, taste the tape was really good, but like you know, it's it's it's not exactly what I'm looking for. But hey, we'll see.
Speaker 2: All right, gang, that about does it for video game talk. Uh, And we're gonna go get to the news right after we take a quick bricky break after I do this on the virtual machine. Now, this is Jeff Crab with our NEWSPPP.
Speaker 3: Jeff Grubby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got some news first up, breaking news. Saw some super chats come on, came in. We'll get to those before the end of the program. Everybody to hang in there, all right, So let's start here. AMD UDNA graphics architecture to power next gen Xbox and PlayStation. AMD's next generation U DNA graphics architecture, succeeding our DNA four, is expected to power the GPUs of both the future Xbox and PlayStation consoles, placing them a generation ahead of the Radion RX nine thousand series in capable of handling demanding trip A titles like GTA six. Is what this story said here. Leak suggests you DNA will offer a twenty percent increase in faster performance per blah blah blah, see you. All that stuff doesn't matter. Basically, the story here is these companies are making next gen consoles, and both of them are sticking with the AMD partnership, and AMD has a new grad like they're not going to do just like a slightly updated version of our DNA four. Now it's our DNA five. It's going to be No, they have a whole next gen architecture, so it'll be in that line, but significantly more powerful. They're not changing things up a lot, essentially, and I don't think many people were expecting that, although we does feel like at a point we're going to like reach a certain point where they look around, like, wait, should we try to really change things up with our next maybe Xbox, not necessarily PlayStation. I expect PlayStation to kind of just stay what it is because it's working for them. But there was talks of maybe Microsoft going with a more mobile like processor risk architecture Risk five or something like that, And it doesn't sound like they're doing that at all. They're just going to make another Xbox. Does that sound appealing to you all?
Speaker 5: H I am just so curious how they're going to present this thing, what it's going to be like, you know, you say, oh, this a new architectures look better? What's that actually going to look like?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 1: Buzz reel sizzle, real trailer look?
Speaker 5: You know, like switch To had a challenge convincing people that it's new hardware was exciting, and at least they had the trick of we're not that used to seeing a lot of Nintendo games at sixty fps, and like four K still an Xbox as well past that, Like, you know, I I guess it's lucky that they'll have a GTA six, Like, look how this looks on the next Xbox. I suppose, But boy, it just seems like it's gonna be a challenge for this company that's not in a great position and also keeps firing people and it's supposedly going to be firing more people soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a story that was popping up that I include that here in the rundown doesn't look like it. They are reportedly going to lay off even more people from Xbox specifically. I think the last round of Microsoft layoffs kind of nicked Xbox a little bit, but didn't do much with the ones before that clearly certainly did. But yeah, you're right, it's it's it's this weird thing where they you know, the whole marketing campaign is everything's an Xbox. We'll talk about their the VR headset here in a little bit about all that's an Xbox now too, from from Meta and so they essentially have moved past the need for the Xbox, but they're gonna make another one. And you know, at a certain point, does it just become like a Panasonic v VCR that's just like another VCR on the shelf, And does that make sense, like consoles are such a specialized thing. I don't know. Listen, I'll say I'm relieved that they're not leaving the hardware space. I do think PlayStation will need a little bit of a check in terms of making sure they don't go completely off the rails with Hubris, But I don't know how much of a check this is actually going to be And I don't know do I need an Xbox next Generation. I really like using my Xbox A Series X. It's a good console to use, but I don't think about it much beyond that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I start to like tuned out every time we start talking about the next generation of consoles, just because of how right, what does it even mean? Yeah, I don't want to say underwhelming. This current next gen has been but like PS five is about to be five years old, right.
Speaker 1: It's characterless, It's it's it's like, yeah, it just doesn't have any character.
Speaker 5: I did like the phrase current next gen.
Speaker 2: By the way, it's so dumb because no one knows how to talk about it.
Speaker 4: But that's that actually tracks though.
Speaker 3: To say that. But like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: The only console I'm currently excited about is the switch to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do not, Oh gosh, I don't think about my places if I have my Xbox Series X like at all.
Speaker 1: At the moment, I'm just thinking someone pointing out in chat that we're halfway through the two thousands, we are a quarterway through this century, which I suppose is why shut the un New York Times did that the top one hundred.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's finally time to give way of water.
Speaker 1: It's uh huh, Chuck build a tool on Giant Bomb where people can vote for their favorite games of the century so far. That's an easy ask. Yeah, that's easy. Let's just do that in this afternoon, and then I want that's everyone's favorite game of the century so far. Go Dan Reikert.
Speaker 3: Wait, you go around, because I made an actual list.
Speaker 1: Jeff go up. Don't thinking, Oh, Prince Person lost crown? Good Jana choa Shadow of the Colossus. Jeff Becker, what was the question? I know, I don't know. I don't know. It's too much pressure. Don't come back to pick one.
Speaker 5: You have to pick one or bad things are going to happen the next ten seconds.
Speaker 1: Got to show it to you. Just resident Evil Village, very good.
Speaker 3: Pick between one and one hundred. One seventeen okay, Well one is Breath the Wild is the best of the last twenty five years. Number seventeen is Red Dead Redemption the first one. Okay, and I.
Speaker 5: Will say Super Mario Odyssey.
Speaker 3: There we go. Oh, you mean the third best game of this uher century. I'll also throw in Dead Cell.
Speaker 1: Oh I love Dead Cells. There's a lot of Dead Cells disrespectors among us. Jan did you know that? Including it's not incredible?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What yeah?
Speaker 5: I know this is with me.
Speaker 1: Sean Turbos doesn't like Dead Cells.
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, I mean the forty fourth best game of the last twenty five years. A forty four is pretty good. It's a It makes the hundred below Lost Crown but above San Andreas.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: They added all that Castlevania stuff to it, and I'm like, surely this will make me like Dead Cells more and not really.
Speaker 1: We already have a database of how much where can it possibly be?
Speaker 3: What about Hades? Where does Hades?
Speaker 1: Oh? Haities is super high up there?
Speaker 3: Oh, let me see where Hades is. Hades is the eightieth best game since Do.
Speaker 1: You think Haities is worse than Dead Cells?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's below Ninja Guide in two thousand and four, but it's above Crazy Jackson.
Speaker 1: Wait, so where's retnal?
Speaker 3: Let me see? That was the seventieth best game of the of this.
Speaker 5: I do like jeffard I, it's hater's only like proportionally uh huh, Like.
Speaker 1: The number one hater move is well, compare it to this thing. Yeah, that's the best way to argue. Right, it's the worst in the best. Yep, all right, it might be Hey, guess what. Back to the weather talk, it might be too hot to play your switch To on the go. This week, a heat wave is sweeping across the United States, bringing high temperatures to millions. As record breaking temperatures are expected in North America and Europe this summer, it's important to be mindful of using handheld gaming devices like the switch To or the Steam Deck in the heat. Nintendo recommends using the switch in ambient temperatures between five and thirty five degrees. That's in that's woke temperatures. It's forty one to ninety five degrees fahrenheit and freedom temp. If the device gets too hot, it has an automatic sleep function to prevent overheating. This can occur if the events are blocked or the unit is used in hot environments. I kind of want to test this, but I don't want to break my switch to.
Speaker 2: You have another one, Grub just bust that bad boil.
Speaker 1: You could just steal the other one from I did actually end up opening the second switch to. I knew would hey go yeah, now they were a switch for household, and Emmy's still using hers constantly for not Minecraft. All right, Nintendo has fixed it's London underground ad which claimed that Metroid Prime four was out now turns out that's not true. They were lying they I guess they just removed the photo Shop player that they clearly just borrowed from the Mario Kart one and left on top of Metroid Prime, and they got rid of the out now part and it just says does it say twenty twenty five or coming soon twenty five? Yes? There it is. Yes. The original poster may have had twenty twenty five hidden underneath the out now message. So still coming this year?
Speaker 3: Dan REICHERT, Huh, it's not until I have it in my hand, not until I'm playing it on my screen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it still counts against you even if it's not in this moment.
Speaker 3: You will dave it's available, then I lose. But I don't think it's gonna come out this year.
Speaker 1: When do you guys think this game is out? I asked a check for their thoughts for Game Morning. I think we'll get that poll later. But it's like I said, like maybe I already asked that, but it was like summer, fall or holiday.
Speaker 5: I always associate November with Metroid because just because of Metric Prime. Still, I think that makes sense. Not December. Oh, if it's December, we're gonna have that one of those really fun not eligible for game awards, but we're gonna remember it next year kind of things.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like metroc Prime is if you ask me to name like a winter Break game. I remember getting the Platinum GameCube and Metroid Prime for Christmas and like O two and just playing the hell out of it all winter Break. Like there's something about Metroid that it's like, maybe it's Fernander or Our Drifts or something, but it seems winter.
Speaker 1: That's how you say it. Yeah, Flander Drifts. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they announced like the Mouse Double Mouse Joy con Switch game is coming out August, right.
Speaker 1: Did that get a date? Drag to Drive or Drag Across Drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna say October for Metroit.
Speaker 3: Okay, twenty twenty five. Damn.
Speaker 1: We don't want to get this out of it.
Speaker 4: I love how serious you are about it.
Speaker 1: Then it's you're.
Speaker 3: Really on it.
Speaker 1: I listen every day last year, every day he becomes slightly more possibly correct and it drives me insane. I'm gonna go out of my mind if it comes to Billboard said twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: They just reaffracted that before the Billboard did lie.
Speaker 3: Just trust every billboard.
Speaker 5: I can't think of anybody who trusts billboards more than you, Bro.
Speaker 1: That's like a very specific and accurate assessment van recordboard marketing. We should get a billboard, Yeah, I would love that. We should bring Greig Miller got one for his birthday once.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, folks out there, like if you live in just some like weird rural area with a stretch of highway and you know it's cheap, I would love for us to get up. We have.
Speaker 1: There's a giant digital like mega bright like the digital billboard right next the highway, not far from where I live. I'm gonna look into that and see if we can get one on there.
Speaker 2: Do we know anyone that I don't know works for whoever does the billboards for Times Square? Because I don't want to pay for that, because that's very expensive.
Speaker 1: I bet I bet they make you pay.
Speaker 2: No, of course, I would just think it's hilarious. We do one of those videos like people do of like.
Speaker 3: Oh I just made it onto this show, and the show has.
Speaker 2: A billboard and it's just like the five of us, Like.
Speaker 1: Man just like looking lost. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: Please give me the homey hookup.
Speaker 1: Mario Kart World producer says it didn't seem necessary to add characters from other Nintendo games. The producer of Mario Kart World, koy k Yeah Yeah Yeah Bookie, explained why the game doesn't feature crossover characters from other Nintendo franchises unlike Mario Kart eight. He stated that the development team felt non Mario characters would be incongruous in a Mario themed world, weren't necessarily giving given the existing wealth of Mario characters and costumes. Wasn't necessary blah blah blah. Yeah but who cares.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I kind of get it because, like, especially with all the costumes and everything, like and and adding all these like if you can be a para bitty bud, you know, I think between smash brothering all out or having a bunch of weird, obscure Mario characters, I think I would take the obscure Mario characters.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying. I'm enjoying the cast of characters that are that are in this game as it is. For sure, if they introduced a bunch of Nintendo characters though over the next five years, I would also be happy, Like there's plenty of room for them.
Speaker 5: I don't think it needs to be like Super Smash Brothers cart but I did like an eight when you know you'd get one here and there. Yeah, it's fun. You know we get the DC O, d DLC. Hope we get link. I hope you get some other surprises the game. You know when Metroit Prime for because they'll give me Sam miss and a Mario Kart. Finally, it'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I want the new design of Donkey Kong. We have that, but like with like the the overalls and everything that costume. Yeah, it's well, there's only one costume for Donkey Kong right now.
Speaker 3: It's just space for Donkey Kong. I think they're.
Speaker 5: Gonna maybe add more.
Speaker 3: All right, it's good. I played a lot. I had the family test over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Really fun with friends and family.
Speaker 3: It's just a lot of local four players stuff. Yeah, it was a lot of fun, a lot of I found that people, even like casual people that don't play a lot of games, like my sister Katie and my dad Knockout Tour. People love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I'm surprised, but uh yeah, that's very cool. But yeah, like I think my early problems with it were just like I enjoyed playing Mario Kart eight Delox so much just as a game on its own by myself and like just like getting into the racing and uh here, it's like, now, this game they clearly just made to be played with part like at parties or online with friends, and in that context it's always really good.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, Kyle and I one of those nights I was home, we just like sat on the couch and loaded up a room and said to the discord like hey, join and we just played for like hours and it's just a blast. That's yep, so good multiplayer all right.
Speaker 1: So related leaked Sonic Racing crossover officially unveiled, bringing Nickelodeon stars to the track. Nickelodeon and Sega have officially announced their Sonic Racing Crossworlds collaboration, which will feature SpongeBob SquarePants characters, vehicles, and a track. Future Nickelodeon content from The Avatar and The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Universes is also teased. The Nickelodeon characters will be available in the Digital Deluxe Edition or via a season pass, which also includes Minecraft content and characters from Sonic Prime. The game is set to be released on September twenty fi. This is a game that I had a lot of fun playing at Summer Game Fest. I thought that that collaboration with SpongeBob looked very cute and fun. But it does kind of rub me a little bit the wrong way, where, hey, this is a series that once had all of this cool Sega stuff in there, and is this in there in place of that, And that's a I do view that as a little bit of a bummer. But I have no complaints about SpongeBob.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I thought you were on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 1: No, I stand with SpongeBob.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, I may have accidentally changed my input games Jay, and let me know if I ruined everything with my microphone. But uh, yeah, I'm the same, Jeff. I don't know, like, it's a little cute to have these characters in They have multiple Nicktoon card games.
Speaker 1: They had their shot. Uh, there's two of those yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I'm such an old Sega ahead that you know, what I'm hoping for is more old Sega characters, right, like give me the give me the freaking uh guy from Golden At in there, and three of Rage characters.
Speaker 3: And real Mike.
Speaker 2: We all know that you're clamoring for Vector Man to be in the game.
Speaker 1: I mean, honestly, I don't like no joke.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know la Comic Zone guy.
Speaker 1: Comic Zone guy. They're bringing back Comic Zone and that.
Speaker 5: Stuff, you know. And we've got some say A characters announced. I know how soon a Meeku counts as a stay a character. Maybe you know, I'm the ones that I care about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the Space Harrier guy just running next to everybody. That'd be cool.
Speaker 5: Great, Yeah you know, yeah, I get yeah, I put Joker in there. Of course, it put each of the on get the newer people.
Speaker 2: Oh that Joker, I'm sorry I was the first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joker, Joker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they got Joking Phoenix in the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's who I think of the game.
Speaker 3: Act That makes me sad.
Speaker 2: How come no one had Joker or Joker folio do on their New York Times Top ten?
Speaker 3: I know, weird that was left off suspiciously.
Speaker 2: Okay, I get it, I get it all right. I might put a Star is Born online thinking I kind of like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me something, jum Jan Milandro and Chat says, uh, Times Square Billboard, you could submit an image that displays on a rotation. Individuals a hundre fifty dollars, and for brands it's two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: What the fuck? I'll do that right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does that even mean?
Speaker 3: Again?
Speaker 1: Just like a slideshow like you up there for five seconds every hour or something like that. But I feel like.
Speaker 4: There's eighty thousand screens in the screen.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, it's one comment and chat. I don't have all the details, all the answers. All right, Well, here coming for the King Jesus. There's five of us.
Speaker 2: We all pick a direction to look at for a couple hours and then shot shot north. Okay north, I'll take west.
Speaker 1: No, this means we have to go to Times Square. I'm out there's.
Speaker 3: A there's an Olive garden there, guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, we'll meet you at the Olive Garden Times Square. I'll be right.
Speaker 5: Fuck a restaurant there, can get some donkey sauce.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm.
Speaker 3: So excited to have a mustard on a hot dog. I'm genuinely excited about that. I have not had the opportunity yet, but I didn't have mustard a few times over the weekend. And like a hot dog, hot dog gonna soft pretzel. Those are those are so happy.
Speaker 1: So happy, that's say forty, I know, like a grown ass, fucking man. I'm so excited to one day have mustard on a hot dog.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 2: The Mustard Arc is now out on YouTube.
Speaker 1: It's sure, by the way, everyone go check that out. Yep, all right, leaked? Or no, I already did that one. Arc system Works is hosting a showcase this week featuring the next project by Guilty Gears creator. Arc system Works, known for its fighting games, will host a showcase on Friday, June twenty seventh, announcing new titles and projects. This includes a new project from Dice Kate Ishawatari, creator of the Guilty Gear series. While a new Guilty Gear title is possible, it's not confirmed. Guilty Gear Strive came out in twenty twenty one did very well on Steam, outperforming even games like Street Fighter five and Tech and seven at the time. However, blah blah blah, dokay other details. There's also like a rumor I don't know if there's any juice to this that Arc system Works is going to work on a Hotel Dust game, but Nintendo I don't know. I don't know that's that was mentioned this morning. I saw somewhere and I was like, what does that mean. Apparently they've made games that are like similar to Hotel Dusk in the past, and that like popped up around the time of that Hotel Dusk the trademark getting renewed or something like that. So I think people are drawing connections where there might not be any. But either way, I'm ready to see some more stuff from Arc system Works. What are they doing right now? They have to con.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, but a new project is the creator of Guilty Gear the same guy who created Blaze Blue, because that's another ARC thing, I assume, so I would like another Blaze Blue. I always like blays Believing more than Guilty Here apparently, no, that's not the same person. I don't we'll find out.
Speaker 2: I was talking to Christian a bit Christian from Argentina, do you think ARC system Works is just done with Dragon Ball Fighter Z Fighters for now.
Speaker 1: Like that game, I bet you would think we would get another one, say, oh, come back around. They're going to do Marvel first, right, the Marvel's gonna be taking all that energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But what I'm saying is like they're probably pausing on whatever work they would have been doing for another dragon Ball game in favor of this current license, which is Marvel.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that's that team. So yeah, don't don't expect that anytime. Fighters to Fighters with even more zs.
Speaker 1: The director of Hotel Dusk Works at arksis, Oh, so yeah, is there some other thing like about master compilation. I think there was just a a the Hotel Dusk trademark got renewed, and that like that's right, popped people off in a bunch of different directions. I don't know if anything's actually going to happen there. All right, another showcase next week, rasting Evil, Requiem, Pragmata and more to appear at Capcom Showcase that is happening in two days. It's gonna happen on Thursday at three pm Pacific time, six pm Eastern forty and it's it's gonna be one of those capcom showcases, mostly just an update on stuff we already know about, Probably not too many new announcements, but who knows. They have a lot to show off though more from Monster Hunter Wild's more from street Fighter six. I did check out Elana what's her name in Elena thank You? And street Fighter six on switch To and that was cool. But yeah, they have more characters coming there. Pragmata and Residuvil Requiem will also show up there. This is probably where they show off the the video demo that I got at Summer Game Fest for for Requiem. Oh gosh, think about that. That.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now I'm like a little bump because like I already saw that, but yeah, they're gonna want to show that, right that's not public yet, yes, exactly, so it's good sot. Yeah, people enjoy that part because you know, there's a lot of rumors about what else is in Requiem, and it's even clear that they're holding back, and I'm wondering if we're gonna like see that stuff now or if that's still coming a little bit later.
Speaker 1: Maybe a little bit later is now go ahead, gri because I was gonna make a joke that if Pragmata is a secret Mega Man game. Mike's not allowed to play it on Monday even.
Speaker 3: Gaming anywhere else anywhere else played on the misshow Okay, Yeah, I was gonna ask, is it too early to expect to see anything more from uh the Okami sequel?
Speaker 1: Too early?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That cames out next year.
Speaker 5: Six a year comedy.
Speaker 1: It definitely had a year.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Definitely a nope, no year. I thought, I swore they talked about a year at the SGF. All right, well, fair enough.
Speaker 5: I'm at the official web page for I don't see anything about.
Speaker 1: It, okay, all right, they announced it was indevelopment. Well they showed it to us at Summer Game Fest, which we're allowed to say.
Speaker 5: So they comedy mixed up with one Musha.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, my bad, Yes, I was getting commedy mixed up with Anniemusha. O. Comedy's not out for like seventeen years.
Speaker 3: I was talking Aboudama, right, yeah, definitely, yeah, they're gonta.
Speaker 1: Uh is then on this short list?
Speaker 5: That's strange?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Animusha I thought was out like this year. Maybe. Okay, man, that's my that's my brain just doing tricks on me. I know they both start with the right yeah, and then the kind of end eyes too. I gotta keep that in mind. That's a big part of it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Skate's early access release window has been narrowed down EA Skate reboot is slated for an early access release in summer twenty twenty five. A major play test update is scheduled for July second, and players can register as a Skate Insider until June twenty seventh to participate. This update will bring significant improvements, including presentation improvements, a higher player limit of one hundred and fifty, more missions and challenges, a streamline tutorial, and additional character customization. Full Circle The developer has confirmed that Skate will will require a permanent online connection connection blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This is a game that I think people are still kind of concerned about because the rumblings coming out of people who have been in some of these tests have been a little bit like it's not there yet, but hey, they're promising improvements. Maybe this one will change things around. But it does sound like they are trying to, like barrel towards eventually releasing this game, maybe even this year.
Speaker 2: Still, I feel so bad for skate because I feel like, you know, partially because of this website, there's a lot of hype for Skate Flour. And then in that process of Skate Flour being developed, teased, shown, tested, and everything, Tony Hawk came back mm hmm and reminded everyone that Tony Hawk is.
Speaker 1: Yes, but what jan are you a skate person? Because I was never a skate guy. Okay, So when people were saying they want Skate four and now this game is going to be skate but like it sounds like it's gonna be skate but like you just hang out online and do skate stuff, and everyone's like, that's not what I want. I'm like, well, how is it gonna be? How is it different? Like what would you be doing different in like your ideal version of Skate Flour. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's just like the trick lines and everything.
Speaker 3: The people in the same way that.
Speaker 2: People that have continued to play Splatoon are like freaks with Splatoon. The people that have continued to play Skate or freaks with it because they've turned the physics into something like Tony Hawk. But in terms of what I'm looking for when I say I want Skate four is like, I kind of want that smooth control with like flicking the analog sticks to like pull off tricks that.
Speaker 1: I assume that this is going to have all that. I don't know, but you know, none of.
Speaker 3: The other.
Speaker 2: Skate clones or games inspired by skate have necessarily pulled off good enough physics that kind of rides the line of feeling Arcadie and feeling sim ish. Because there was that Gate Skate game, skating game that came out I think last year that it felt pretty close, but it could it didn't quite capture all of the miscellaneous random stuff that like the Skate franchise brings because like skate, you know, they really play up the fact of like being a skateboarder and like trying to get on magazines, getting the right angle.
Speaker 3: Of a trick and everything. What was that game? I went to an event for that session that sounds.
Speaker 1: Gre's Skater Skater Excel or Session.
Speaker 3: I think it was Session. I believe it was Session.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very skate like, which I've always been a Tony Hawk guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I hope that this game does deliver. I I like the idea of hanging out on friends, but hanging out hanging out online with friends and skateboarding and setting stuff up and then they're being at as long as there's actual constructed missions as well along alongside that, and players can just mess around with those things if they choose to do so. I mean, to me, it sounds like a pretty good setup, but I don't know. I'm not a skate guy, so I'm not the one that they have to figure out and please all right, Xbox is Surprise. Mediquest three S VR headset is out now, but supply is quote extremely limited. Xbox and Meta have partner to release a limited edition Mediquest three S Xbox Edition, available for four hundred dollars. The bundle includes a custom one and twenty eight gigabyte Mediquest three S matching Touch plus controllers, a limited edition Xbox Wireless controller and Elite Strap, three months of Meta Horizon Plus, and three months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. So the idea is this is just a Mediquest three S kind of in the same way that the Xbox Asus rog ally is just a rog but you use this to access Game Pass and to stream games through the cloud to your headset. With the Xbox controller, which some of the people can do right now. But since everything is an Xbox, why not call everything an Xbox. It's kind of what they're doing here. I don't know there.
Speaker 4: Everything is in Xbox is just like we're going to put the sticker on everything.
Speaker 1: I mean it literally is what's happening with this? Yes, it's strange, I mean to me when I hear it. The supplies extremely limited. It kind of feels like a test, like they're going to see if people care about this sort of thing, and my guess is they won't. I don't care about this. Yeah, I mean, well it does have an elite strap. Uh shit, I didn't consider the alien strap.
Speaker 4: So I think we got to like redo the calculation.
Speaker 2: Make you know you're okay with that with your your significant.
Speaker 1: Get consent first. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh, I guess you know. I'm not really worried about playing my Xbox in general, much like I said, I enjoy using it when I do. But them finding other ways to like bring Xbox into my life so far, and nothing's been as compelling as the rog ally, and even that is only compelling to a point because I'm like that's just a PC handheld, which I've had a bunch of years now, and this one, I guess I'll have to get my hands on to see if I care about any of the improved they've made to that experience. But as it stands right now, it's like, Okay, I'm curious, but that's the best you got from me. Yeah, I think that's gonna do it for the news though. So jan I'm handing the show back over to.
Speaker 3: You, folks.
Speaker 2: We're gonna take another quick break, you break, and after that we will be back with emails and super chats. If you've gotten anny, stay tuned, folks.
Speaker 3: We'll see you on the other side of this. These are the emails for the show. Emails.
Speaker 2: Bombcastagiant bomb dot com is the email address to send your emails to right in about any and everything you want. You want to avoid an awkward social interaction where there's no one to talk to, well, feel free to email us. You got a fun quiz, a couple trivia questions. We're just general cues, quandaries, musings about the video game industry, then hey, send them to us. BombCast jack bomb dot com is the email address continuing their trivia and fun facts. Simon from Saskatchewan has continued to write in Thank You Simon Simon writes in oh a BombCast, the Mandarin word for egg is dan. Coincidence. Yes, there's a very unpleasant egg dish in part of China involving urine. Not gonna say here though, although I found it called Dan the thousand year egg dish repulsive, it's worth looking up if you don't know what it is. Can be rude to refuse food in China, so I felt like I had to eat it. The reason we eat chicken eggs instead of duck and turkey eggs, although also delicious and healthier for us, is because chickens need less space to lay eggs, they do it faster than other birds, and they don't have strong maternal instincts over their eggs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're like, fuck it, I don't care eighty six dollars.
Speaker 1: No, let's see what I care.
Speaker 2: The state that produces the most eggs is Iowa, followed closely by Ohio.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Eggshell color doesn't mean anything in terms of healthiness or taste. It's based on genetics and usually the feather color around the hen's ears. Now there are those like shoot ears or is that your like hen's ear is like a word for anus for chickens.
Speaker 1: I think it's for It's definitely a euphemism for anus. You got it.
Speaker 4: I'm not happy with the chicken anatomy. Can we just skip over this part?
Speaker 2: Kloaca eggs last longer in the fridge. Many places around the world think we're weird for putting them in the fridge. Also, it's best to wash, slash, rinse your eggs before cracking them. Think of where it's been parentheses. The kloaca negative negative eggshells are great for the garden, and they're good source of calcium for plants. They're not good in an omelet. Thanks for the content. Simon from Saskatchewan ps. Can Paul be a regular feature on Giant Bomb? Generally seems like a cool dude, seems like the Midwest guy you'd.
Speaker 3: Like to have a drink with.
Speaker 1: Wow, Simon, dogs do I didn't know that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: I know, I don't know, So you're gonna change your tune after the beginning of this podcast.
Speaker 3: He could be good to have drinks with. I've had thousands of drink Yeah, and just protect your dogs, you know. Actively hurt any dogs. But yeah, just indirectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just didn't do the lever on the trolley problem. All Ye, he just didn't pull the trigger. You're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not going to defend that he bought the gun and the bullet eggs.
Speaker 5: Just yes or no?
Speaker 3: Doesn't that have to be a whole thing? Again, Dan three point zero doesn't entertain this. But chicken eggs were never in chicken's asshole?
Speaker 1: Well, yes it was.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's what that's the whole That's why I said a different chamber that the whole thing is klok is.
Speaker 1: One chamber where it all happens.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so it said the piss and ship and eggs is all the same hole.
Speaker 1: That's listen. I'm no expert, but that's my understanding of what a coloache is versus genitaliaand.
Speaker 3: That and I don't need to elaborate.
Speaker 1: It's also proof there's no god.
Speaker 3: So we should eggs.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Like, what if we should eggs? What if we should eggs?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: What if we were Yeah, that's what we do, then it's normal.
Speaker 4: That exactly I was going to say, especially based off the hundreds of thousands of years of evolution. Sure, that'd be weird if we started tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, like that would be in the news, right headlines. Humans around the world shooting eggs explicably. If you started shooting whole eggs and it didn't hurt, didn't cause any problems, would you tell anybody? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like if I just went to go take a ship and I look down and they're like six eggs in my toy, Like yes, And it's like.
Speaker 4: The question isn't what would you tell anyone? The question is would you cook them.
Speaker 1: Three eggs and this economy?
Speaker 3: I would. I would tell Bianca, and then I would do a video call with a doctor.
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, I would call my video call. This isn't worth traveling the video call. I just hold up hut the finger in there? Yeah, okay, you're in.
Speaker 2: Say you had to go, you decided to go to the er. Would you bring those eggs or would you just tell them?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Bring It's like you know when like your stomachs having weird stuff and they ask you to bring in like a fecal sample or whatever. They would want to see the eggs to quest diagnostics.
Speaker 1: And you go to the er and there's another guy cross the room with a basketball of eggs and looking at each other. You too, what a weird zombie movie that is?
Speaker 4: That's a disease that makes you ship eggs?
Speaker 3: I would watch that.
Speaker 1: That's fucked up.
Speaker 2: Man's like, all right, next email, it is a little bit of a serious one. This comes from Dave in Roseville. The heads up there after that, Yeah, this is a little bit more real, gang, Dave from Roseville rights in Becoming the better version of you is hard. Dan's recent journey into becoming his upgraded self has inspired and both enraged me. Small amount of context. I'm forty and I've just now realized I've pretty much pissed away most of my life. So I've made the effort to become my two point zero, I must say, though doing so requires so much paperwork from therapists, psychiatrists, the doctors and Jim's. You all have been with me through so much that could be a short story in of itself. If this gets read, tell me how you crawled out of the darkness and at least started the journey of being a better you. If not, thanks for all you do. Dave from Roseville, now soon to be ex sad sack of shit.
Speaker 3: I know, davirom Roseville wonderful. I don't know. I'm sure it's different for everyone. I don't know. With me, it's I always like self improvement and everything. And I think over the years, even those who probably watched me for a long time realized that, Like, there's a lot of things I like about my father that I got from him, and there's a lot of things that drive me nuts. And over the years, I've seen the things that drive me nuts and I've seen them in myself, and I've been like, oh shit, I don't want to make other people feel like that, because this is genuine infuriating. Because like there's the stuff that is like infuriating in a funny, fun way and stuff like that, and I'm fine with keeping that. But then there's also stuff where it's like, Okay, I don't want to be closed minded like this. I don't want to be you know, a certain way. So like recognizing the things that frustrate me, I guess and him specifically, and doing everything I can to you know, excize that for my own personality. That's that's been a guiding thing for me.
Speaker 2: I would say, yeah, Dave, as someone that is completely emotionally, mentally, spiritually still fractured. I would say what you're doing already is steps enough, and any type of progress is progress. There's gonna be days, weeks, months where it feels like a certain Blake Club episode where there's zero proggies, but like every incremental step is still a step forward. And hey, even you writing this email and taking some of those steps of like getting a therapist, a psychiatrist, even thinking about going to see a doctor for physical health and going to the gym is good because also you want to do this for yourself.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah, it's got to come from there. Yeah, it's uh. For me, it's always been like a natural process because what happens is I always find myself kind of moving away from things that I dislike. And there's nothing I dislike than me from five years ago where I'm like, oh man, I did that man?
Speaker 3: That sucks.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be that guy anymore, and so I'm always trying to like be better than that person.
Speaker 3: That I used to be.
Speaker 1: That kind of annoys me. So it's like, Okay, I'm just gonna keep trying to improve or self reflect at the very least and try to find the way to deal with these problems, which usually is just put a little bit of work in, try to have a little inner strength and find yourself and be a little bit better.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think it's normal and healthy to look at past versions of you, and I think, like, you know, I look back, you know, even five ten, the different versions, and I'm just like, oh man, what a dumbass? What did I And what a dumb ass I think. But I think that's a good sign that you're looking at that with open eyes, And I think it's.
Speaker 1: Better than the people who don't seem to ever self reflect. I do feel better than those people.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also, Dave, if you know you're you're looking for tips or miscellaneous things to do in the process of improving yourself, I would highly suggest go read, Go go read more, and and maybe read something out of your normal wheelhouse, even if it's something simple like a cookbook, just because there could be like fun little things to introduce into your life that you could get from stuff as simple as like a cookbook. Maybe be a little bit wary of the type of stuff you're reading, because sometimes some of these improve your life books are kind of a little bit of a snake oil because they just want to hoodwink you into paying for courses or whatever.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. A lot of them, though, are just like you know, because I've read plenty of them too, with like anxiety and things like that. Yeah, a lot of them you could just like they've got like three or four ideas of like here's the way you can you know, if you have a panic attack to you know, calm down or whatever. And then it's like it's padded out to be a full book, and it's like I normally wouldn't be one to just like Sparks notes something or cliff notes or whatever. But like a lot of these, like self help ones are just like Okay, you're just like this is way too much here, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yet yo, Dave, feel free to send in progress along to the BombCast, I demanded. Yes, yes, I think was May or June mental Health Awareness month.
Speaker 1: We're doing it again. Let's do it again. It may never mind then, don't don't get in touch with us, nice Mike, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, it's an important thing. I know that we've we've been very vocal as of late about politics and stuff.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Fuck ice.
Speaker 2: But also at the same time, I think dudes, specifically dudes in our demo should talk about their mental health more to destigmatize it.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's not to me that, like, because I feel like there have been so many huge strides forward in that in recent years, and like it's I can't imagine not being open about how you feel about things with the people around you, you know, with your friends, with your family, or your loved ones. Like that just seems like the most unhealthy thing to not just.
Speaker 1: Be completely you only get on what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, talk to people about how you're feeling.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, go watch High School Musical three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we're saying.
Speaker 5: Some of you are saying, Dan, I want to wat High School Musical with you.
Speaker 3: We should do a film.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know this is a long list now of film in forties, but we have to do here, starting with.
Speaker 1: The Angels and Demons, Angels and Demons and then a Ricchio interlude, finishing it off with the Da Vinci Code, and then at the High School Musical trilogy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, okay, Gang, moving on?
Speaker 2: Uh Peter Wrights in Hi, I'm watching Dan play Sonic O six and just need to know mount rushmore volcanoes and games.
Speaker 3: Tecan is one of them, right obviously, Yeah, I mean Tecan Boy Techon might be number one. There's the one on the lunch in Kingdom and Mario Wataseee. That's a fun one because you go up there, oh yeah, a good one, Dan, yeah or something right, like you put food and there's like a soup and a boss fight. So honestly, Teking I think Teching is number one.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, I'm trying to think of other volcanoes in video games.
Speaker 3: Oh, the volcano resid Eval five that Wesker is falling.
Speaker 1: In Death Mountain is a volcano that you go into the breath. That's dormant volcano, and there's lava in there.
Speaker 3: Death Mountain. There's lava in every fucking dungeon, Okay, with volcano, with a volcano. I'm sure this probably is in the scientific explanation. But I picture a volcano. You need a big hole at the top and it needs to be filled with bubbling, brewing lava. And that's not what.
Speaker 1: Uh, Death Mountain mountain looks like.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's not a bowl of lava, correct, But it's a volcano.
Speaker 3: No, I wanted to look like the baking Soada volcanoes. Okay, like it needs to look like this with a hole on top. I want a mashed potato volcano.
Speaker 1: But that's that's gonna limit you because there's only so many cartoon volcanoes and video games. Dragon row Stylin's got one, right, good, Yeah, Dragon Roo Styland's fine. Yeah, although it's not like is it Mount rushmore Worthy? I don't know?
Speaker 3: All right, well, this is great.
Speaker 2: We've we've loosely picked some Alex and Bendigo Australia has given us all homework to do before the next BombCast evening Bombers.
Speaker 3: I'm sending you.
Speaker 2: I'm sending you all homework of a metal album to listen to. Oh Dan You Get From Beale Street to Oblivion by Clutch bluesy hard rock. I'd be surprised if you haven't tried this band already. I have not heard you've heard of Clutch, Jan Thank you Praise. Armageddonism by Blood Command, pop punk inspired fun Mike gets Ziltoid the omniscient two thousand and seven version by Devin Townsend. It's a musical about an alien that tries to destroy Earth in search of the Best Cup of Coffee. Devon's very operatic. If you like Iron Maiden, you should like his voice. Oh yeah, that's a good call for Mike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I was worried about Mike's choice. That one sounds perfect for him.
Speaker 2: Jerf Mariner by Cult of Luna and Julie Christmas one of my favorite albums. Okay, grub giving your preferences for a Colorado night, there's really only one choice. Absolute everywhere by Blood Incantation. Enjoy the black Hole Bud.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going in deep.
Speaker 3: I expect full.
Speaker 2: Essays on your assignment for your assignment next week. Don't actually do this. Alex and Bendigo Australia. All right, praise armageddonism. I do love some pop punk inspired stuff. All right, moving on. Uh, let's see, Oh we have another quiz. Oh shit, this one comes from Matt in Scotland. Let me pull up the uh the answers here. Hey, Bomber's been an on and off listener since I was fifteen. Oh my god, what the fuck does that even mean? I don't Oh my god, fifteen Wow.
Speaker 1: Oh they're fifteen and a half now, so.
Speaker 2: Right, Wow, it's only it's been a few months and now I teach English literature to teenagers. What God wow, I Home homeboy and I are probably around the same age.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 2: One of the best, slash worst parts of my job is the slang, which I am now an unwilling expert on so much so here's a quiz with a series of hypnw words that you can test yourself with to make you feel old and disconnected from the youth. Enjoy and keep up the great work. Matt from Scotland. Okay, uh, basically we're there's twenty six words. I'm gonna say the slang and you you'all tell me what you think it means. Okay, no real scores for this will work together.
Speaker 4: No, scores don't matter. Points don't matter.
Speaker 2: Let's go all right, yes, yes, whose line is it anyway? Rules number one Sigma.
Speaker 4: Cool, just like someone who's like doing it right Max.
Speaker 2: Final boss Okay, generally we got that right. It means good? Uh Beta.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Like, uh, I'm sorry? What was that? Mike yep?
Speaker 2: Week number three skibbity evil okay bad? Sure sure sure for mewing one that's.
Speaker 1: Like putting your tongue to the top of your mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it's touching your face in a like a soothing way.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's like the wrizzler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rizzar's probably you and constantly. Yeah, no, it's it's just like the proper tongue placement in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Well, according to this quiz, it means looking good.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right. Yeah. It's named after a doctor named Mew or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh oh I get what you were saying now, Mike, ha ha, I don't know how to pronounce this one, Phantom.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's what you hold the old company when you buy it from them.
Speaker 4: Uh. I think it's like uh when you when like you remember you used to grab like someone's food and like snack inspector that.
Speaker 1: I think that's right back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Like yeah fan tax though I betant so someone who bummed like bummed like food off a friend in a video once on YouTube or something.
Speaker 5: I always just do the poison testing A poison tests all they had the poison right here, Okay.
Speaker 1: Phantom is an American content creator and he's done stuff with what's the big you twitch guy that like the biggest twitch guy I show speed the other one Ky sanat. Yeah he was on and I think he ate food once he says phantom tax.
Speaker 4: Right, okay, all right, well it's not phantom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's phantom.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sus suspicious, but it also but it is, but it's also sometimes skewed with like a sexual innuendo.
Speaker 1: Sure you're being like, you're being sussy.
Speaker 2: Well when you add baka twists sussy baca, yes of course. All right, well that's not on the list. Seven negative aura just bad vibes, right, self explanatory, Yeah, yeah, yeah, xbot heat yes.
Speaker 3: Actually number eight mad lit that's just Mike mananti.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So you can take brittlet, you can take American litter youn take mad lit.
Speaker 2: Okay, that means stylish. I'm gonna skip through some of these because these feel a little bit old. Thirteen looks maxing.
Speaker 1: That's what you're trying to, like, do weird things to you to make you yourself as handsome as possible, to make yourself an alpha that attracts females.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'll take it. It means being attractive nineteen chougie, slow, chugy.
Speaker 1: Man could be. I don't know what that means.
Speaker 5: I can't even think of it. I can't even get wonder on to connect with another one in my brain with some kind of word association. It's and then he could possibly.
Speaker 2: Mean it means out of date and trying to be trendy. Okay, some of these other words, the words I'm skipping, mad lit epi, mog big l no, cap bust an eight op ohio bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wait, what is is that? Just when you're calling a cat?
Speaker 2: It's a filler? No, that's yeah, that's a filler expression for excitement or laughter. Let's see because of samoa Joe, Yes, what about jittle yang.
Speaker 3: That's not real.
Speaker 1: That's a dessert at at the Filipino fast food restaurant that you like jan.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that is correct, but it also is an attention grabber.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can call someone agitle yang. Actually, don't do that, Yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 2: And last one here but foodolu fetula hoogantula, Hey, I mean.
Speaker 1: What's foretula hoodigan?
Speaker 4: I think it just means like it's like it's just like okay, it's like nonsense, right, tan brainrot.
Speaker 2: This one is the most specific one because it means someone overweight and seeing as less than oh it's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, that is.
Speaker 4: Such a stud is too many syllables for that, but tula tugan.
Speaker 2: I just don't know how to read properly. All right, Well, thank you Matt from Scotland for that. A couple more emails here, we'll skip a hip hop quiz because Mike is on the phone. Travis and Fargar Wrights in which of you has a favorite video game that has the lowest Metacritics score? I think I really like for shoot like the Bouncer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not bad.
Speaker 1: What's the Bouncer's metacrit score?
Speaker 3: Alright, bullet Witch total overdose, I mata critic.
Speaker 1: This is like hard like I just don't like. Keep this in my head. Metacritic form the Bouncer is sixty six. Oh okay, that's pretty good. Actually, know what, The First Twisted Medal is a favorite video. The First Twist Medal is going to be good, right? I like Star Wars Bounty Hunter a lot. That one. I don't know if do I love it? Though? It's a sixty eight, so Jan's got me beat there? Oh wait, that was remaster sixty five for the original.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, it's hard. This is a hard one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: Uh all right, okay, well we'll just move on to the last two emails of the show. This one comes from Jeff from Quebec. Hi, folks of chatting with the front desk Juter whilst checking in, and somehow through the small talk, he let me know he really likes detectives and paranormal and so on. I didn't feel like asking about the esoteric, so I asked, who's your favorite detective? The question stopped him. It suddenly felt very serious. He didn't have an answer ready yet. Obviously he has a favorite. I just confronted him with the fact, and he had to choose silence. He smiled and said in a soft but confident voice. Batman, So, using your new friend's very broad definition of a detective, who's your favorite detective?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: I guess it's Laura Croft. Jack Bauer, cheers Jeff from Quebec.
Speaker 3: It's hard to pick Jack Bauer if he's ever.
Speaker 4: He's well, Batman's more of a detective than Jack. I like Batman too, but Jack Batman is like he does, get labeled the detective more than some people creative detective like detective comics.
Speaker 1: It's Colombo. He's the best detective.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's Monk's Columbus, the best detective. People have died on Colombo's watch, right, Like, sometimes it takes Columbus so long that yeah, that that murderer will murder another person first, and that's that's that's bad.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I don't want that happening to me. But people die on Batman's watch all the time. I want, like, I want, I want a detective for more of a kids show thing, right, inspector gadget, then.
Speaker 1: You're definitely not going to get He inspects crime that looks like crime, all.
Speaker 3: Right, Jimmy McNulty from the Wire, that's a good one.
Speaker 4: It's I have two answers. It's Monk and oh, someone said Eddie Valiant from Who Frames Answer Mars.
Speaker 1: Mars is my favorite detective. Any value was a drug. He's a private eye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's a private eye. Like, he's a great character. I don't know if I really.
Speaker 2: Did I ever tell y'all when I cried when I found out that Encyclopedia Brown was a white kid.
Speaker 1: No, that's very funny, you cried, mom, buddy.
Speaker 5: To Encyclopedia Brown was a white kid.
Speaker 2: Well, I well, yeah, but he's like a little white detective kid. And I bought the books thinking like, oh, whose last name is brown? That like me?
Speaker 3: And then my mom showed me a cover of a different one of like, no, he's a white kid. It's like I thought he.
Speaker 2: Was like me.
Speaker 3: His first name is actually Encyclopedia. Probably yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: Youson lost the Dog the Buster Douglas. It was very sad he was from Michigan like me.
Speaker 3: I like psych a lot, psych.
Speaker 1: Chargers welcome.
Speaker 5: That seems I could have guessed that you like psych a lot. Dannel parenthesis positive mostly it does.
Speaker 3: Your tone does not sound sounds like a Professor Laton. Professor Layton's a detective, right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Professor Layton's pretty sharp.
Speaker 5: Professor Phoenix writes like it seems like an idiot, but he always gets to the right place eventually. What Phoenix Wright does in those video games is really more like being a detective being a lawyer.
Speaker 2: A lot of the time is House kind of att.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: That's why I call him House because it's like, hey, we're just gonna do shock Holmes, but for sick people.
Speaker 2: All right, gang, That about brings us to our last email. This one comes from Bent and Banger Northern Ireland, a team. F Yi, I've started saying Jeff's Instagram user name in my head in the style of Pink Pony Club by Chapel.
Speaker 3: Rohan Jeff Grobby Grub.
Speaker 1: I think great, that's gonna be my head now.
Speaker 2: I think that says the shell to be the new mic Many Mike, Mike maynaughty, nothing, potential.
Speaker 1: No, and that that the reality is. I actually it won't get stuck in my head because I don't actually need to sing my own name all that often.
Speaker 4: Yeah, only one person seems to feed off that.
Speaker 2: I guess it also works. Alice points out it also works with Jeff Mackler Jeff. Oh, that's good too, right, Thank you, Matt and Banger that's his name, you know. Once again, thank you for sending your lovely emails to bombcasta giant bomb dot com. Mike, can I ask you to read some super chats?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, here, I thank everybody for sending these in. During the show today, Martin Hollis says, I'm a weirdo who has a big retro game collection. Do I buy a physical copy of Man Mind's Eye to have it where it may not be playable in ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, also buy Xbox games. Apparently Kelsey Lewin on the thing was saying like they'll get four copies of Xbox versions of third party games and they sell maybe one of those. No one's buying those things, so.
Speaker 5: You should get those, so you wait like six months here so the thing's really cheap, and then buy a physical copy of Mind's Eye. I think you could go for Mine's Eye, like anything under twenty five dollars kind.
Speaker 3: Of stealed concords like there is a certain yeah appeal to that right up there. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Nice, Okay, here's what from stime catch one can't disregard the ps of my email with that new lore, poor ringo. Also, will Dan eat thirty bananas when Donkey Kong releases? He said he could do it in a previous episode.
Speaker 3: I mean there needs to be a personal incentive, but I'm not saying no.
Speaker 1: I mean, could we do it Donkey banana stream where you try to eat as many bananas as you can just for pride.
Speaker 3: Aaron Barf, you need like money in pocket for each one, but I talked Bananathon, I would do it all right, maybe.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to chat if they want to like incentivize you or something a little bit. I don't know. We'll come up with something.
Speaker 3: Can't you shoot die from eating too many bananas? We're gonna find anything too much.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out it would have to be way more than you actually physically could eat.
Speaker 5: Let's look into this everybody before we just have Dan die from eating banana?
Speaker 1: What do you what do you think is gonna like, he's not gonna eat ask you mister, just gonna blast him with a firecracker in his face. You're not damn record safety advisor, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get asked, but you're like you're afraid of fruits.
Speaker 1: So like like, what do you mean? All right, we'll get a beat you. We'll get he seriously could die. Can't fucking die from eating bananas? No, I think you could die from eating enough of anything? But force feed him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think you'll literally just croak?
Speaker 3: Well, what if his tommy explodes?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 1: I mean they die from drinking too much water.
Speaker 3: To hold your way for a week. You remember hold your Wii for a Wii?
Speaker 5: I remember that hold your Wii for a week.
Speaker 3: So when the Wii was new and it was hard to find, So the we killed someone some fucking rady know somebody. It was like a radio station or some local thing where they had a contest called hold your Wii for a wi where he had to drink a bunch of water and whoever held it longest got a free round. And this lady died. No, she had something weird, poisoning or kidneyn manfunction or something like So, yeah, trying to get a we killed her.
Speaker 4: The most abundantly available console in the.
Speaker 3: Hard find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you're right, she should have died, you should Yeah, you're right. Never mind.
Speaker 5: Benny Killer says, shout up to my eight year old son Jack, his first baseball tournament. He's a big giant on fan and we listened to you guys all weekend. Keep it with a great work. Love this jimp on Era Pete from the LeBlanc. Congratulations to Jack.
Speaker 3: Let's go shark.
Speaker 5: Yeah Jack, My poor nephew was his. He's had two baseball tournaments, like the local town one, then the all star team for the counties, and both of them he gets to the he's doing, They're doing really well, and then they get to the final game and they can't quite pull it off. It was rough on Saturday because it was you know, like ninety six degrees. He had to play in three of these games in that one day. I was on there for two of them, and that was bad.
Speaker 1: Four hundred bananas is what Chad says. I'm sorry, I'm starting to die. Yeah, like ten, like we're ten maybe ten again at most ten.
Speaker 5: Al says, I like how christians last name is from Argentina. Yeah yeah, and then I do like that and then makes it easy for me.
Speaker 3: He says.
Speaker 5: I just want to say I loved having you back on the main cast. Backalar love you man. Just put the phone away during movies. The Woodpeckers can wait hashtag. Dan was right, Oh boy, this whole thing again.
Speaker 1: That's it's not the argument still never was the argument.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, exactly. No one understands it.
Speaker 1: This is why is okay.
Speaker 4: This is why, this is why people are okay with January sixth, because you were specifically it's okay with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you very much, Breeze.
Speaker 3: That's very sweet of you to say bananas so cheap.
Speaker 1: Because we get them from countries that that's all the export. We kind of forced them the cell to us cheap.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's like ninety nine cents for like six of them. It's insane. Yeah, what.
Speaker 5: The bananas are very popular, the most popular fruit, right, I don't know. I think it is as popular in other countries as they are here. I would say apple is the default fruit in here, but I think a lot of places it's not all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think globally bananas probably are maybe oranges or the other cheap.
Speaker 4: There's there's no way bananas are cheap without widespread human suffering.
Speaker 1: Clearly, Yes, banana. Yeah, Branana Republic's got their name somehow. I don't know what it is. Oh yeah, do you guys play Tropico?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, but I like the box art. It's got the guy that's always like.
Speaker 1: Ah, you know, yeah, we should make dan a uh yeah, a dictator?
Speaker 4: And where and where do you land on the blood fruit banana? Mike, the blood fruit banana? Oh, I'm not a fan of that one either. No, No, for really yeah, very stinky. Pretty well, they're not as bad as apples. The gross they get on machine you step in them, and I don't like that.
Speaker 3: How many bananas have you stepped in. What what did you? A banana? Which way?
Speaker 1: The long way? The long way?
Speaker 5: It had to condom off already, so.
Speaker 4: I I will say a a very sort of like unripened. The banana is disgusting. Yeah, I can't even wrap my head.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get through the rest of these.
Speaker 1: That was it?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: People aren't sending us any more money for some reason.
Speaker 3: All right, gig, what do we got going on this? The rest of the week?
Speaker 2: Games Morning's popping off from Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Correct, mister Greb, that's right.
Speaker 1: We'll have a death Stranding quick look as well.
Speaker 2: Alters quick look Blake Club again tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Mike, is this the week?
Speaker 1: A boy?
Speaker 5: It can't be. Sorry, it's feeling like I've been doing nothing but playing Rascal for my entire life.
Speaker 1: Like I have just stuck at this game. It's gosh, I'm trying to remember last time I was playing the same game this long.
Speaker 5: It hasn't beenlogy. They think if I had this many episodes, I thought that it's been that long, But it just it feels like it.
Speaker 3: Mike, you know what you need to do? I just the calendar so I do think you're gonna beat it this week.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: It didn't seem like you had that much left for Rascal and then Grub. You're out next week, right, I'm out next week.
Speaker 6: You guys should do that. The Delight Club that you guys have, the Taru Mitch, Oh Mitch, which Oh I should bring Kayla in on this. She's the expert on guitar roo Man. Yeah, Delight Club with guitaro Man could be fun.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would be good. Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 5: I don't. I could emulate it, but.
Speaker 1: Copy you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, because that's one where Lag would be fucked on that. So if you can make it, yeah, even if you can split it out. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Iasically don't like getting of these games online, but I'll make an exception for for the content.
Speaker 3: You should be able to get it for about one hundred or less.
Speaker 1: Oh, guitar Man's expensive. Oh yeah's expensive. Yes, it's like ninety bucks. Well, i'll tell you, I'll tell you what. I'll do it anyways, for the love of the game.
Speaker 2: We also got voicemail Dump Truck this week with our dear friend Abby Russell. Make sure to go call into the show have voicemails specifically for Abby if you missed it yesterday, yesterday was Mornings Monday Mike, what is the title?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 5: Yesterday was Monday Mornings. Missed with Mitch, all right, and then of course we had Monday evening gaming at Mike's at night.
Speaker 2: I did see a comment saying, thank god you're not doing this in the afternoon, because that would change the show dramatically.
Speaker 1: It sure would.
Speaker 5: We ain't doing that. Although again, if for some reason Dan or Jan ever have to host Mega Man, it just easily becomes Mega Dan or Mega Jan.
Speaker 3: Ooh, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: We could do that way.
Speaker 2: We announced it earlier. But this upf we will be playing rematch against min Max, so please tune in too that you'll have to train up because I know that Janet Garcia actually watches soccer and is a big fan, So like y'all, y'all need to like see cup and like get ball is life or whatever?
Speaker 3: He is your hands. I know that much. There we go, There we go. That's you're the goalie but.
Speaker 2: On the controller though, all right. And then finally, folks, for our premium members out there, we will be doing a town hall this Thursday on Discord. Got some announcements and then some other housekeeping to get out of the way. Is also a way for you the community to ask us questions directly. You can always ask questions, throw some cues. There's a Q and a channel for premium members on the Discord. I will a lot of us try and pop in on that and answer some miscllaneous cues as long as we can answer them.
Speaker 3: Folks. That about does it for the rest of the show.
Speaker 2: Anyone else got anything else they want to say?
Speaker 3: No, sick?
Speaker 1: They know they hydrated? It's really hot out.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, uh, please stay hydrated, hydrate or die rate folks. That about does it for the show. See you next week for another episode of the Giant Bobcast. He's been Mike, he's been Jeff, he's been Chef, he's been dead, I've been jan We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Good bye, better but.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm gonna stop recruiting, gonna stop you Tube, gonna come back up on all of us to clap, beep and raid. Coming up in three two one. Hey, for a first test of this thing. It worked perfectly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Any robot voices, Oh yeah, any robot voices dad.
Speaker 5: Said, I was looking. Yeah, all right, Robot kept them all down.
Speaker 2: Ul Hey shout out to Chuck huh yes, absolutely, y tell me.
Speaker 1: He's busy making my top games of the century though, so he's not here to take those thanks, but that's what makes him so great.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wonder if I could just instead of sending myself this big file, what if I just put premiere on this and just edit totally move steps?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, al right, well wow the cloud anyway, let's go ahead and clap and be perspectively.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna get timed out? Is tell miss something? Oh you mod ss alright, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: I think that might be Bradley Cooper's best movie.
Speaker 1: He's counting, guy, uh whatout?
Speaker 3: American Summer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, American Summer's best movie Limitless?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, let's go ahead again.
Speaker 1: A TV show based on.
Speaker 2: That American Sniper fifteen and twenty one five two zero Hangover Part three beautiful.
Speaker 3: There should already