Speaker 1: It's an exciting six ' nine in the Valley's Best Mix. It's time for balling on a budgets that tip to help you save money and live your best life. And today is National Guests Sad the other day. My kids will eat at Gasadia every day of their life as they could, but not a good idea if you're gonna do it, though. Today is the day and Chipotle and Elio Loco all have deals buy one get one free on guests of the yesterday. But if you're not vibing with the guests of the ya, it's okay. There are other really great food deals right now. For example, at KFC, you can get a free ten piece of saucy nugget with just a ten dollars online order. At Pizza Hut you can get a free one topping pizza with a large pizza purchase a Wendy's free fries with any in at purchase. There's a lot of great deals going on. How about Burger King You get a bogo free original chicken sandwich. And then Duncan if you're out getting coffee this morning, you get a six dollars meal which is a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich, hash browns and a medium hot or ice coffee, So make.
Speaker 2: Sure you check that out.
Speaker 1: All right on the way, we have What's Trending, and we're gonna get into what Kelly Clarkson is announcing, plus what's back for Millennials. We'll explain I'm sorry, what's back for gen Z? Because of millennials, we'll explain around six twenty five, it's big scinety six nine in the Valley's Best mixed time for sell It's time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hilo Rivert Resorts and Casinos. And Tamagotchi's are back twenty eight years later, who made my.
Speaker 2: Skin crawl a little bit.
Speaker 1: I remember being in fourth grade, maybe even fifth grade, and just loving the Tamagotchi. But gen Z looks like it wants to resurrect it. And it was popular back in the nineties digital pet toys, and now.
Speaker 2: It looks like it's going to be modernized.
Speaker 1: It's going to include Wi Fi connectivity, multiple player options, and helping prevent the fatigue associated with the earlier versions. So it'll be so fun to see my little eight year old daughter have a Tamagatchi and just reminiscing knowing that I used to have one. Kelly Clarkson announced that the new holiday single is coming this Friday, that she is coming out with called You for Christmas. She also did a really fun cover of Chapel Roane's Good Luck Babe with Miranda Lambert. We'll put that on our Instagram. At Mix ninety six to nine. I loved it. Travis Kelcey's mother, Donna talks about hanging out with Taylor Swift in the skybox at Travis Kelsey's game.
Speaker 2: And let me just say, after hearing.
Speaker 1: Her say this, she's over the Taylor questions, and you know, it's still new. I don't really have any profound, you know, thoughts or anything like that. We just have the best time, you know, cheering Travis Hummer. Yeah, she's like, leave me alone. Like, I'm there to see my son. His girlfriend happens to be there, and I gotta be nice. I'm sure she likes her well, but the way that the Internet wants to make it seem like there's this like elaborate relationship is kind of funny to me. But I'm glad they're doing well. Okay, on the way with Sip of the Day. Christina Aguilera is a pop culture icon. Okay, we all know what a girl Wants. It's turning twenty five years old, and she reimagines it with Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 2: I have to literally like.
Speaker 1: Do a book report on this song because it's so incredible. We'll explain just around six forty on mix. It's too exciting. Six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for your sip of the day, that little sip of joy while you sip on your coffee this morning. And nothing brings me more joy than Christina Aguilera and Sabrina Carpenter getting together to reimagine what a Girl Wants. So it's the twenty fifth anniversary of Christina's self titled album Christina, and to celebrate that, she did a sit down, twenty six minute special session covering all of her songs. But the way that her and Sabrina Carpenter covered what a Girl Wants like will forever make my heart smile. I almost like it better. Okay, I don't like it better than the original, but pretty close. So let's start, let's like unpack this. Let's start with Sabrina Carpenter's part.
Speaker 3: Oh but I never touched because in my heart was a.
Speaker 4: Picture that calming hands making place.
Speaker 5: And it's lucky for me. Understand what girl?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's so fun, right, you're just thinking like, oh, Sabrina, she sounds so youthful, young, just like a fresh perspective. She did a great job. And then you have Christian regular chime in and this happened.
Speaker 5: What time I was glad? I was so confused, ran away just to hat it all. Frong, baby, you don't know me better, says something. Okay, queen pause backet too.
Speaker 1: I mean, she is like, this is my song, let me show you why. But here is the part that blew my mind, and it made me think like Christina in her mind is like, Sabrina, you're doing great, but you are not about to Kelly clarkson my song. Let me show you how it's done.
Speaker 4: What are the kids me take?
Speaker 1: You made a church how Hozier would say, so amazing, guys, it.
Speaker 5: Was so fun. You gotta check it out.
Speaker 1: We'll put on her instagram at mix ninety six nine FM, and there is your sip of the day. It's six sinety six nine. The Valley's Best Mix, Alternative Money on Mix ninety six nine is back your chance to win one thousand dollars at nine o'clock this morning. But Sid, you are the definition of people that don't try so hard but do really well in life. Just lucky sometimes, I guess. So I just cannot believe. What's the update on your fantasy football? Oh and there's more, okay, bigger updates. So I am in the first place.
Speaker 6: I'm the only one undefeated well my fantasy football league.
Speaker 1: And I was kind of griping about it, like when we first did.
Speaker 2: It, well, circle back, you did it.
Speaker 1: You literally just put it on auto select right, and so didn't even try to do it, which is amazing exactly. It was kind of late.
Speaker 6: This is probably like fifteen twenty girls are in this group, and it's the first time I did it, and so it was kind of late, you know. I was, yeah, all right, I'll just pick all the players for my favorite team, and then once it gets too late, I'll just auto pick everyone.
Speaker 1: And so I did that. I've been doing pretty good. I'm just like, wow, this is awesome.
Speaker 6: And then I find out even this week that I haven't even been playing a kicker because someone traded my kicker, and so I've just been getting zero points for your kicker, yes, and so I had to kind of drop and replace him for this week.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it's so funny because the group.
Speaker 6: Message is blown up yesterday because they go, Sin is winning with a ghost kicker.
Speaker 1: So you're in first place, first place. I'm the only one that's undefeated.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 1: I mean, you probably did a good job when you were actually trying to select.
Speaker 6: Players, you know, I mean you would think so, but I wasn't prepared for the time limit, and so I.
Speaker 1: Was not bro Okay, honestly, I don't even know how the fantasy football works. But what's the price money? Oh I get mama, I know, right time for baby girls college funds.
Speaker 6: So that made me laugh. I go home and I tell my husband I'm at first place. I love it naturally, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think there's something to be said about that when you don't overthink something and just go.
Speaker 2: With it, it all works out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're teaching us all lessons or it's beginner's luck, But I'll take it either way either way.
Speaker 1: All right, on the way, we have our jaw drop or plus your tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights coming up all after seven, I'll mix.
Speaker 5: We live that fantasy.
Speaker 1: It's Excitty six nine in The Valley's Best Mix. My name is Priscilla, Good morning. What contests do you have going on this morning? Well, we have tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights and Daughter, Oh my gosh, you would love it. So we're gonna do that around seven twenty five this morning. Okay, Devin twenty five. Okay, but what's the thing this morning? There's always this thing? What is the thing I've got to do? Okay, So what you're gonna do is you're gonna play pop Culture Playbook. It's where you got to guess the pop culture moment from history. And we'll do that again around seven twenty five. IT'SIXC eighty six to nine in the Valley's Best Mixed Priscilla Air. It's time for What's Turning? Brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos. So if you are someone that always has earbuds or air pods or beats in your ear, you might want to reconsider because it looks like wireless earbuds are reaching damaging noise levels equivalent to a chainsaw being at your ear.
Speaker 2: So just think about it.
Speaker 1: If you are on the treadmill with air pods in and you're just like jamming out, that's like having a chain saw just blaring.
Speaker 2: Your ear drum.
Speaker 1: But they are saying that over the ear devices like headphones like the actual like cans are considered safer because they block out background noise better. I don't know how that helps, but it does. I'm not the expert. Experts are recommending the sixty sixty rule, which is sixty minutes at sixty percent volume. Teens teen boys specifically are embracing the new alpaca haircut trend. The style involves shaving the sides and back while leaving a fluffy, curly top. It resembles kind of the Alpaca's tough, but that's just a hole it Like. Here's my thing is, like, why are people just renaming the things that already exist. It's not a new trend. They're just bringing the mullet back. Also, X is set to change how to block feature or how the block feature works, so owner Elon Musk says that the users blocked by a public account will now still be able to view posts from that account. So say your account is not private and you block someone.
Speaker 2: They can still see your stuff. They just I won't be able to interact with you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the purposes of the block button then, because for me, the block button means like you don't get access to my platform. But Elon Musk says differently. Okay, to get that in mind. If you are using x aka Twitter, all right, let's do this. If you want to go to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights, now is your chance to give us a call. Six O two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six O two two six oh nine six nine. It's Mix ninety six nine, the Valley's Best Mix. It is time to play pop Culture Playbook on Mixed ninety six nine. We got Miles on the phone.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Miles morning.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to play for these tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horrorights. Okay, we're gonna play pop Culture Playbook. All you have to do is guess the person I'm talking about. So the question is, what is the name of the woman who is involved in a high profile case earning her mother, which her mother, you know, kind of made up that she had medical issues.
Speaker 4: I'm on a high right now.
Speaker 5: I'm living my best life and y'all can't take.
Speaker 1: That for me. Who is that person's road? Yes, congratulations, you're going to Universe Studios, Hollywood Halloween Horn Nights. Awesome, thank you, of course, hang tight, all right on the way, we have our hot topic and it is National One Hit Wonder Day, so of course we're gonna run through some of our favorites, and we want to hear from you. What is your favorite one hit wonder?
Speaker 2: If you have one and you're thinking about it.
Speaker 1: You want to let me know right now, just give us a call. Six oh two two six oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. It's Excity six Night of the Valley's Best Mix Alternative Income on Mixcity six nine is back today your first chance to win one thousand dollars at nine a M. All right, it's I'm for our hot topic and said it is National One Hit Wonder Day, Yes, and naturally we all have our favorite one hit wonders. Okay, so before we get to ours, some of the classics, you can imagine, for example, Shenad O'Connor, nothing compares to you, compass to you. You know what's so funny is that I don't realize that they're one hit wonders because we're so like we play them all the time, so you know, like, for example, we actually still play this on Mix ninety six nine. Is the Cardigan's love ful Where's we Go? Les? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, say that she loves me? You know what I mean? So we play that.
Speaker 1: We also play Chumbawamba. That one's also a lot really fun, a lot of my favorites. So I mean, these are all one hit wonders. I'm like, these are still bangers set the South. What's your favorite one said? Oh, like you can't go wrong with a macarena. Oh, that one's still so.
Speaker 2: Fun at every wedding, one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: It's so funny because again I didn't realize it was a one hit wonder because I love this band and it was a song that I had no business singing when I was in like, I don't know, fifth grade, little.
Speaker 2: City high What would you do?
Speaker 5: The trama?
Speaker 1: I'm just like, why am I singing this in third grade? So the question is what is your favorite one hit wonder that you just still bop to this day? Give us a call. Six O two two six oh nine six nine Offspring on sety sixth nine of the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. We're in the middle of our hot topic and we are asking you your favorite one hit one wonders. Some of my favorites have been Sinad O'Connor, ski Low and then one that we still play because it's still a banger, crazy talent, Butterfly. I still love listening to it. So we're asking you what is your favorite one hit wonder. We have Chris on the phone. Chris, what is your favorite one hit wonder? Probably the most played was aha take on Me.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, that's such a.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: What other ones do you like?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Another one of my favorites is young mc off to the Principal's office. I go, I mean so good?
Speaker 2: All right, thanks, Chris, I love so fun. I can listen to those all day.
Speaker 1: That's the great thing about one hit wonders is even if they came out like forty thirty twenty.
Speaker 2: Years ago, they still hit.
Speaker 1: So let us know what yours is. Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine at six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. It's six ninety six nine of the Valley's Best makes your chance to win Alternative Income on Mix ninety six nine kicks off at nine am one thousand dollars. But we're in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking you what are the one hit wonders that you used to love? And Sarah on her Instagram said, Kilo, I wish it was a little bit taller.
Speaker 4: Was a baller.
Speaker 2: I'm a drill with the good and I would call it Sina and that han with a bad love that one.
Speaker 1: Also, Candy said that she heard us play this the other morning. Let's just say I'm a female dog is what the name of the song is.
Speaker 2: And she loves it because it's so.
Speaker 1: Like in tune with women. Senna I thell say, We're all the things right, such a song.
Speaker 2: I have to put that on repeat on our iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: All right, let us know what your favorite one hit wonder is six oh two two, six oh oh nine six nine. That's six o two two, six oh oh nine, six nine. Teddy Swims on Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's best Mix Alternative Money on Mix ninety six nine is back at nine AM for a chance one one thousand dollars. We're in the middle of our hot topic and we're asking you what's your favorite one hit wonder.
Speaker 2: We got Mark on the phone, Mark, what is it for you?
Speaker 1: Gotta be Uh?
Speaker 5: I believe in a thing called love by the Darkness?
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta look this up because I don't know that I recognize it. I might recognize the tune. Hold on, let me see. I'm like, oh, okay, I believe in a big dollar right, that's a fun song, honestly, like, I get it. Okay, Mark, thank you for that. I appreciate you absolutely.
Speaker 2: I have a wonderful day. All right, Let's move on to Danny. All right, Danny is the one hit wonder for you?
Speaker 7: Oh man, it's hard to beat those. Those are some good ones. That is a dam and uh the other one. My daughter loved it because the only time is allowed to say.
Speaker 1: The B word.
Speaker 2: I love it only what's in the song?
Speaker 1: So which one is it for you?
Speaker 7: We'll check it out. I'll let you guess it. We'll see if you can get it. Weird Now did a parody that's a little hand but warm there wolves.
Speaker 1: Just cute, is it?
Speaker 5: This song.
Speaker 1: Crash Test Dummies. Yeah, yes, that's hilarious. I may have gone a hint from Sid I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 7: That was That was the only hid I bought the I tried to like it. I've heard words, but that was the best.
Speaker 2: That was all right.
Speaker 5: Thanks for that, daddy.
Speaker 2: I have a wonderful day. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: And there you Yeah, there you have it. All the one hit wonders are so fun to hear. Go let us know on Instagram at Mix ninety six nine FM and will sprinkle them in throughout the commercial free sweep right here, I'll mix. It's Mix Snainty six ny, the Valley's best Mix.
Speaker 2: I'm Priscilla.
Speaker 1: It's time for What's Trending, brought to you by Hila River Resorts and Casinos. First and foremost trending is alternative Money on Mix ninety six nine your chance to one one thousand dollars at nine am this morning. Also Ardam you remember him from Dancing with the Stars. He got into an altercation with his wife, Nikki Bella. The police were called. Well, it comes to find out he's the one that called nine one one because she threw a shoe at him and that's what allegedly led to his divorce. So it looks like he's not going to be facing any criminal charges. But Bella or Nikki did file for divorce and is seeking full custody of their child. MATEO such a bummer all the way around. Also a bummer.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 1: Yandy? They released a sexy ozembic shot Halloween costume, like just throw the Internet away at this point. Forty dollars will get you the costume that resembles an ozempic syringe wrapped in a skinny, skimpy body hugging dress. Or you can jump on the semi glue tide bandwagon and do that too, whatever you want to call it. It's ridiculous, but also I'm curious if you.
Speaker 2: Want to check it out.
Speaker 1: It's on our Instagram at mic sety six NINEFM.
Speaker 2: Sad Day the.
Speaker 1: Last kmart is closing. Oh, I shouldn't say last day, but sad news. It's happening October twentieth, and the closure is part of the aftermath of the two thousand and five series in kmart merger. And then they followed bankruptcy and they dwindled the store numbers and now it's just no Kmart, which is crazy because I remember growing up, Kmart was the place to get Champion the brand, and Champion back in the day was like the low budget, not cool brand and now it's poppin' but kmar is out. So just remember all those memories. All right on the way we have Uh, not only do we have your chance to go to Viva Phoenix, we also have the Vibe check and we're going to share what hotel workers said they would never do in their own hotel rooms. So keep that in mind. We'll do that eight forty five this morning on Mix Alternative Money on Mix ninety six nine.
Speaker 2: It's coming up at nine o'clock this morning, so don't miss it.
Speaker 1: But Sid, it's time for the Vibe check, and let's see if you pass the vibe Hotel workers share what they would never do in their own hotel rooms. Oh I'm not passing this. I can already tell name. So part of the reason I love hotels is because I feel like I don't have to do anything like you do in an airbnb exactly, and I feel like I'm about to get left like in the dust. So first on the list is don't leave honey in food in your room, the one you're supposed to do with it.
Speaker 2: There's not trash, Dan, Yeah, throw it outside the door, I guess.
Speaker 1: But that's great. I feel like that's gross because then I'm leaving like food trays and food plates for the common people to walk by. Right, I don't know, but I'm definitely eating them my hotel room, that's for sure. Yeah, okay, what about this one? Don't overuse or misuse towels lipsy PIPSI is the makeup towel in the morning after a Vegas trip.
Speaker 2: All on the floor everyone.
Speaker 1: I never reuse a towel. The second I use it, it's on the floor, I know. Don't blast music. Have you never been on a girls trip? Yeah? These are I mean, these hotel workers are being very kind.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but live a little.
Speaker 1: They don't ask for their room to be clean daily.
Speaker 2: Then what's the boy?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 6: I'm okay with that one, are you? Yeah, when we were on the honeymoon, we're like, we don't eat it daily?
Speaker 2: See, I want it daily.
Speaker 1: But I'm also really great about leaving a tip to have it clean daily. I go, I get it, it's work, but I'm not. I rather be cleaned up and then I'll leave you some money from and then try not to leave a mess.
Speaker 2: But what I guess that's like up to for debate what a mess is.
Speaker 6: There's nothing better on a girl's trip than just letting your suitcase explode everywhere.
Speaker 1: I can't getting ready. And for my bachelor at party, we went to Vegas and there was eight girls in one hotel room and it was a literal disaster. I mean, this was our chaos eight years ago, so I had the capacity for it. Now say I was getting married, now, no way in god, screeners would I.
Speaker 2: Share a room with eight women like two of our room please.
Speaker 6: And I always lose something because someone's grabbing someone to make up, and.
Speaker 1: So it looks like sid and I did not pass the vibe check. Good morning, It's mixed ninety six nine. I'm Priscilla and Christina aguilera pop culture icon. She formed Our Childhoods to be honest and if you remember, her self titled debut album was what stored her to the top, called Christie. It's the twenty fifth anniversary of that album, which is nuts. So she sat down for like a twenty six minute jam session and sang her songs all over again, including what a Girl Wants. But she did it with Sabrina Carpenter and it was magic. So I'm gonna break it down to you. We're gonna dissect this like a book report. Okay, Sabrina Carpenter's part, listen to her sing her.
Speaker 3: Ohild but I never touched because in my heart was a picture that calming hands make complained.
Speaker 5: And it's lucky for me. Understand what a girl.
Speaker 2: What a girl's queen?
Speaker 1: Right? She does amazing. You're like, wow, that's so good. She's like giving it a fresh coat of paint. She's making it amazing. But then Christina sings and you realize maybe it didn't need to sound any different.
Speaker 5: What time I was glad? I was so confused, ran away just to hat it all wrong. You maybe you don't know better myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean she's a powerhouse, right. But the part that really got me, and the part where I was like, okay, Christina is telling Sabrina, you're not about to Kelly clarkson my song, and she pulled this one.
Speaker 4: Why are the kids me are.
Speaker 1: You kidding me? Take me to church, Christina. I'm pretty sure that's where Hosier got the inspiration for that song, based on Christina Aguilera. So good what a girl wants? Happy twenty fifth anniversary. All right, let's do this. If you want to go to Viva Phoenix, give us a call right now. Six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six o two two six oh oh nine six nine Chapel Roona Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. So Kelly Clarkson had Miranda Lambert on her show and they actually did a cover of that song, and it sounds so good.
Speaker 4: It's fun, it's cool.
Speaker 3: You can say the way nothing but you know, shoes lashing.
Speaker 1: I'm luckome, all like an angel the Carson. I love this park.
Speaker 2: I don't want to call it off.
Speaker 4: You don't want to call it.
Speaker 5: You only want to be the one that call baby kiss the.
Speaker 2: So amazing.
Speaker 1: How good must it feel for Chapel Roan to have all these like seasoned singers that are incredible stand behind her like the other day, Ellen John saying she was such a great performer at such a young stage in her career. We are here for it. Good morning. It's Mix sninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Perza and TV. There's a lot of it right now, said so much new stuff out. What are you currently watching?
Speaker 6: We're almost done with Monsters the Lyle and Eric Menendez story, and I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: It's been hard to watch and hard to get through. So this series is about the brothers that are in prison because they killed They're both parents, are just one parents.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: This was I think the late eighty eighty nine, but didn't it come out like their parents were abusing them and it was like this whole traumatic situation that was their whole defense.
Speaker 6: And it's really kind of icky and luckily, I mean, there's one episode that really kind of details everything. And okay, trigger warning, trigger warning, but I mean the acting's really good. It's interesting to like go back in time and see what was going on in La at the time. It's like Beverly Hills anyway. It's just now it's getting all this backlash because you don't know what's real and what's not. Because it's Ryan Murphy, I think he's the American horse story guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is, and I think the brothers like did an interview from prison saying like, yes, don't believe it, that's not true. Honestly, I had no interest in watching it until their interview came out and I was like, I don't want to watch it.
Speaker 6: I know, it's kind of interesting, and the whole time you don't know what's real or what's not because they, you know, take you through the parents perspective, they take you through each brother's perspective. Then they start going against each other and so you really just don't know the lawyer that represents them like this very impressive woman, but then you're like, wait, is she the bad guy? So it is interesting if you can handle the content, I will say.
Speaker 2: It's trigger warning. So okay, So about you.
Speaker 1: Well, I started watching that show that you recommended, The Perfect Couple. It was so good and I'm not normally into like serious dramas like that or like who Done It? But it's kind of funny too, it is, and Nicole Kidman is amazing. I there was a part in it where I just I don't know why I loved her where she loses it at the end and it's.
Speaker 2: Not giving anything away, but she just is like I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'm done taking care everybody.
Speaker 6: And I'm like, mom, finally cracks. I'm finished. I'm finished pretending I'm done. Yeah, I was like, you get a girl. I understand.
Speaker 1: And honestly, I actually empathized with Nicole Kidman, even though she was portrayed to be kind of a cold character in the movie, because I mean in the series and then when you find out, I loved all that because, like you said, at any point you're like, Okay, it could be this person, it can't be that person. Did you guess it? I did, very like I would say, like so, there's six episodes and I caught it like maybe three episodes in Fourer, But there was a point where I was like, I think it's that person, and it was I think I guessed it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just have the intuition we do.
Speaker 1: You know, it's our star or our moons and our star signs yes. But very entertaining.
Speaker 2: So check it out.
Speaker 1: It's called The Perfect Couple on Netflix.