Speaker 1: Supreme Rice since the nineteen thirties, supporting Louisiana farmers and communities throughout Louisiana. To find out more, go to Supremerice dot com.
Speaker 2: Live at Lunch, Live at Lunch with A and Hanny on one O four five ESPN, Baton Rouge. Now here's Jimmy HoTT and Charles Hannigres for.
Speaker 3: Some reason not that who signed Little Toola.
Speaker 1: Radio Lot Lot Lot.
Speaker 3: Brom walk ons in Browly. Welcome to the Monday edition Alive at Lunch, one four five ESPN, Baton Rouge, Charles Handerger, Jimmy Hot, Jodan Kinchen's back in the studio, glad that chair with us today and obviously very hot. And Carlo Rain on our way across here. But that has slacked up. So I hope everybody had a good weekend last the last weekend without football of some kind for a long long time, so we're we're happy about that. Jimmy, Good morning morning. The Hall of Fame inductions on Saturday. It was a Star study class with Drew Brees and Larry Fitzgerald up at the top and Luke Keighley, Roger Craig and Adam Vinitiuh going into the hall as well. Breeze's speech, UH was my opinion, a masterpiece. I thought that it had a little bit of everything. First of all, as you would expect with him impeccably prepared. He managed to go through pretty much every portion of his development as a quarterback, from you know, his youth, with his family and all the way through his time at Purdue and then with the Chargers and of course with the Saints. Mentioned many men tours that he had, members of his family and you know, Jimmy, we were talking pre show. He said, he started writing this thing obviously months ago, and kind of indicative of Drew Brees, you know, impeccably prepared for, you know, something like this. And he was just as smooth as you could be. There were times where he, you know, he spoke from the heart. He said, I'm not going to get through this, through this without crying. But he was able to hold his emotions in check even when he was talking about his late mother, and that's not an easy thing to do. And I just thought I thought it was great. I really enjoyed Luke Keigley's speech. In Larry Fitzgerald's speech, I thought was terrific. And of course then the you know, the kind of the heartbreaking admission that Roger Craig had during his taped presentation that he's suffering from dementia. But I thought that was terrific. Vinitary speech was a little legy for a Hall of Fame induction, but he he spoke from the heart as well, So I couldn't have been more oppressed with Well, yeah, there were times when we talked about we talked about his family. Like I said, it was a little legie for a Hall of Fame speech with the Belichick jokes and stuff like.
Speaker 4: That reinforced the stereotype label of the kicker. Yeah, you know, it was a little just a tad tad off center.
Speaker 3: You know, you talk about the stereotypes for the Kickers. What the the the diva position of all time is wide receiver, right any any any sport it's outside of maybe Jerry Rice. Has there ever been less of a diva wide receiver than Larry Fitzgerald. I mean, I don't think of Larry Fitzgerald, Yeah, less no doubt. Butlie, he breaks the you know, the the moldest the diva stereotype of well, just wide receivers.
Speaker 4: He's the opposite of in a terrrier. Just it was just kind of goofy and it's a kicker. It's just it's different. But I mean, he definitely belongs to the Hall of Fame. How many how many clutch kicks has he made? You know that helped win either one champion of super Bowls or helped them win you know super Bowls. So no, no, that that's that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But just a.
Speaker 4: Group, there's a high character group, man. I mean, we talk about Roger Craig. We're talking about a guy that you know, I love the part man that happened. I got a thousand yards receiver. Thought that we were about winning, winning, winning.
Speaker 3: You know something about the delay.
Speaker 4: They appreciated a little bit more when they finally, you know, get the call. The cool video of his former forty nine ers teammate showing up at his house and with their jackets on, and it's a but just Fitzgerald, I mean, Breeze Craig, I mean the Keighley. I mean, I can't believe it with Dello on a Thursday at the beginning, But you love Keiley, I.
Speaker 3: Said, we'll watch him play yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember us going to SEC media days when the crew would come from ACC media days, the Florida's and Carolina you know, the uh Georgia media that would overlap. And man, oh yeah, Keith Lee's the first team man, unanimous All American. You know, you just didn't know if it would translate. But such a smart, smart player, And I mean these guys are as classy as you can get. Man, it's just a high character group. And you know guys that you know coming out now didn't four nines took Craig in the second round, right, But just to how about that?
Speaker 3: He had one hundred and two.
Speaker 4: Yards receiving in college and almost five thousand in the NFL.
Speaker 3: He did flip in Nebraska.
Speaker 4: That's very back then, they threw the ball about once a month. I was surprised you get one hundred and two. To be honest, I didn't know if he would have any but no, But how do you how do you evaluate that? I guess you could work them out, But man, it's such a great receiver, such a great receiver, and kind of was he kind of the first multipurpose kind of mean, because it's it's a big part of what we know now and it has been for some time, but he was one of the he's one of the top guys, Charlie, but he also ran between the tackles with that, and of course the style as well. But just I'm blown away as far as the speech with Breeze goes Ah, I mean, it is so typical of his preparation and in his execution, it was unbelievable. It was so good man, it was so good he just now we do there is a teleprompter on the podium to help guide them, but he he looked like he was looking straight ahead and engaged with the audience most of the time. He may have had a little bit, but is that even what we know of him. I was blown away in his speech. It was really how could you not be in tears? And of course you know even the connection and the stories and we've we've heard some of them, but just here him talk about, no, we didn't get brownies and cookies. We got you know, at you Fay ray beans and rice and you know, and jambalaya. So it was just it was neat man, and you know, part of the one that kind of sticks with you and maybe with some of the current players too. Man, you you love New Orleans, You'll love you right back. Yeah, And that was and the quote I think that's gonna stick. And Rod Walker had kind of put this in his column about it is you entrusted me with the soul of the city.
Speaker 3: And I would have died for that. Oh that was. That was powerful. Rod Walker had a great the columns for The Advocate had a great idea says, when they put the statue up outside the dome, that's what should be on the plaquet at the at the bottom of it. And I thought that was a It was a great idea. I agree. Breeze has probably read that speech two hundred times. He wrote it. He was he was absolutely prepared. He went bam bam, band went a little over. Yeah, yeah, well they they're going over there. There are a lot of times and I didn't even mind it. I but I thought it was pretty pretty strict. They recommend twelve and at twenty they're kind of like, okay, move it along. I thought that, you know, he was even at twenty seven minutes.
Speaker 4: And the one thing you could tell from early Hunt was a lot of Saints fans, a ton of Saints fans so I thought the tickets were pretty hard to get. But didn't you have sort of on the sideline at upper.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, towards at the back of it. Generally mission you get a I've been to the Hall of Fame, but I've never been for the induction ceremonies, so I don't know. It seemed like, first of all, the weather was it wasn't blazing hot like it sometimes is. It was cloud cover, so you know, you it was. I talked to at least one person that was there. You know, it wasn't the most uncomfortable as it could have been with the heat, so that was good. But I don't know as far as tickets to that thing, but there was, you know, the guy that dresses up as the Pope was there, and the Whistle Monster and some of those signs signage that she saw. Yeah, with the Saints, you know, Da West.
Speaker 4: Monster's name is Leroy, and I've been knowing him for a long time, and I mean, like, okay, it's right over in next show shots of Brittany and Leroy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like okay.
Speaker 4: But the Saints fans at presence, they made it known and you could tell, you know, he started with a hood add he ended with a hood add Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was, he was. He was terrific. You mentioned Craig. I got into this a little bit on Sunday because a friend of mine asked me. He says, why did it take Craig so long to get into the Hall of Fame? And so yah. Hall of Fame voting is tricky, Okay, Sometimes guys have to wait longer because there's just somebody better in front of them. So I looked up Craig's numbers. The biggest number that he has is the rushing. The yards from scrimmage, which he was is thirteen thousand, one hundred yards from scrimmage. You don't take all purpose yords because that includes the return game. So from from scrimmage thirteen thousand one now that has fallen all the way to thirty ninth okay, to forty ninth all time because of the increase in the passing game since Craig retired. Okay, he's behind guys like Corey Dillon and Fred Taylor and Matt Forte and Ricky Waters, who were all excellent players, but none of them were in the Hall of Fame when Craig started his career. The only guy that was better than him at the first couple of years of his career was Walter Payton, who was, you know, towards the end of hisars sweetness called plenty balls. That's right, yeah he did. But after Peyton retired, Craig was. This is before Marshall Faul got in the league. He was clearly the best rushing receiving threat of any of them. But the counting stats. The answer I gave to my friend was the counting stats probably kept him out. He's forty seventh on the career rushing yards list, he's one hundred and fifth in touchdowns, and he's seventy six in total yards if you count the all purpose stuff. But where he was for his era, you have to do it from eras because if you don't do it from eras, you're you're gonna get lost. I mean, John Kittna threw from more yards and Johnny United. They're not gonna be rules to change, yes, of course, So you have to take it from when he was there. And when he was there, Uh, he was. Like I said, he wasn't the first because Peyton did a lot of that stuff too, but he was the best. After Peyton left the game as a dual threat. And of course he was on three championship teams, which really helps you. Uh, he's a high character guy. I had no I would have had no problem voting for Roger Craig. But if you're asking why it took so long, it's probably the counting stents.
Speaker 4: Oh you just mentioned you know, it's well, the Hall of Fame, Your your resume is a combination of numbers, statistics and significant wins slash championships. Yeah, and you know, had he play for the Eagles, he's not getting.
Speaker 3: In without the three rings. If he has the exact same numbers, then he's in. He's not getting in. It took it this long. With the championships, he's not getting in. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I mean it's but you know, and how do you balance that? And and that's why they have those long discussions in that room. And and everybody that I've heard talk about, you know, being a part of that room, they take it very seriously. And they but they also you know, come on here, so and so make their case for the player and so, and then they got a bunch. But then they got to pick it apart a little bit, you know.
Speaker 3: So it's he's look. Bill Walsh also was very.
Speaker 4: Creative in in using the backs as as receivers and just also the balance, whether it was underneath downfield throwing. He used Montana's legs, not so much on design running plays, but to roll into and too, and to create different passing lanes, you know, that kind of way.
Speaker 3: So it was such an.
Speaker 4: Innovative for that time, extremely ahead of his time offensive mind. And there's a product of it, you know, And and and Craig if he's with another system, it's not He had one hundred to yards receiving in college. How much is gonna you know. They may have been slow to use him in that capacity, not Bill Walsh.
Speaker 3: No, And the tight ends were such a big, important, important.
Speaker 4: But the full back how many times they throw to the full back?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can still hear Pat Summer all so many weapons, you know, for the forty nine ers, because they they used them all. So I thought it was a very cool. This is his star study of the class you'll get. Breeze is the second all time leading passer in the league. Fitzgerald is the second all time leading receiver in the league. Vine Terry is the all time leading scorer in the league. That's about as you know, as good as it gets. And I think Keithley is one of just a handful of guys who made a Pro Bowl in each of his first eight seasons eight or I think it was a yeah, And almost think.
Speaker 4: He was first or second team All Pro every year or seven of the eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this is about as star studied the class as you can ask for.
Speaker 4: But you know, Kickley, you know, just I was, you know, he cut it. That's a very short career and sometimes you know, he doesn't have a whole lot of significant wins.
Speaker 3: They made it to the super Bowl one year, but I wasn't. Yes, I like I like.
Speaker 4: Spectacular players. I'll give me a Sandy Cofax over a gay Lord Perry. Okay, you know I mean a guy super super super for a shorter period of time as opposed to you know, my the word that I hate the most compilers.
Speaker 3: You know you're not voting for Frank Gore. I like him though. I gotta tell you I love the way he played.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe maybe not, you know that we'd have that's a conversation for a different day. But he Kickley was so good man, so smart, and how about him covering the uh, you know, in coverage and in tackles, I mean just you know, the what you ask of so many modern day linebackers.
Speaker 3: He's, uh, he's there.
Speaker 4: So yeah, seven of the eight Charlie five team first team All Pros, two time second team All Pro, seven time Pro bowler, So he.
Speaker 3: Was like, you know eight, you know who. His numbers are almost identical to Patrick Willis, who is in the Hall of Fame. Well, also played eight years. Also was a five team, five time first team All Pro. Also was a seven time Pro bowler, led the league in tackles twice, was on all years eight really yeah, very almost identical. The stat lines for.
Speaker 4: The Defensive Rookie of the Year for Keigley second year, He's defensive MVP out of Carolina. That's not easy to do. No, it's not a it's not a New York you know, that's not.
Speaker 3: Year was he Icago? What year was he defensive Rookie of the Year?
Speaker 4: You looking at it, Well, he was drafted in the twenty twelve, so twenty twelve.
Speaker 3: Okay. Willis was the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in two thousand and seven, and their numbers very very close. Was he ever defensive player of the Year. He was. No, he was never a defensive player of the Year. He was on the All Decade team.
Speaker 4: It was one of ole Missus weaker teams he was on.
Speaker 3: It was on one of his babiest teams. Right, it was Ocean's teams, right sure.
Speaker 4: With Justin Vincent. I just know we were I think it was last miles. They kind of pulled the plug down on the goal line.
Speaker 3: You remember that if he was a rookie and it was like seven, he would have played three years at ole Miss would have been four, five and six.
Speaker 4: Right, I don't have it in front of him. Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, I don't know. I don't remember that was it.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think he was an Ocean recruit. I think it was a holdover.
Speaker 3: I think that's true. But but he played for ED.
Speaker 4: But what the point I'm trying to make is that you remember how hard he hit Vincent? I mean, unless you beat him like fifty to six. Yeah, but he's sake.
Speaker 3: I mean he would I remember doing the postgame going man, look l s U one and LSU dona. Patrick Willis was one of the if not the best player on the field some of those times he was great.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 4: Greatest Saint ever. It's gonna be hard to pass up Breeze. It's gonna be very hard. It's could be very hard. Rick Ricky Jackson said he took my place. That's rick Ricky's cool man, Ricky's best defensive player ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the Saints. Yeah, there's no problem, no problem that Yeah, no second fiddle. It was really cool. Willie Road and.
Speaker 4: A club like Club fifty seven and Kenner like Ricky.
Speaker 3: No, probably not. We're walk ons in Brewly.
Speaker 4: Man just talking to Rider over here, and they get ready for football season because they've got the NFL Sunday ticket over here. Every single game on for the NFL. You can come over here to walk on to Brewly and watch it. So that is a that's a that's a fun time to be over here. So just around the corner, of course, we've got the NFL Network and all the other TVs to catch some of the preseason action, which will be at the Thursday. They start this week, so they'll get a few more a flutter of games. So that's all ways fun. And then during college football season, of course, airs this is the next closest thing to be in at the game itself. And how about in the fall to speaking of football season around here walk on to Burley. I love the garage style doors that when it's open air, lift up the windows. You also got outdoor TVs with I mean five of them right there by the picnic area, so to enjoy that with some outdoor fans as well. So I know it's hot right now, and I know we're just preseason right now, but just around the corner a little bit of fall, and what a better way to enjoy a Saturday or Sunday over here at walk Ons in Browley Live.
Speaker 3: And walk Ons and Burley Live in Lunch one of four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 2: Live at Lunch with Ott and Hanny from walk Ons and Browley on one of four or five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 3: I mean you can always get the show on demand. One of four five ESPN dot Con Louisiana sports Net brought to you by Supreme Ris celebrating ninety years in business here in twenty twenty six. Go to Supreme Suporting louisaniformers. Go to supremeris dot com. Uh Cam Jordan was at the Hall of Fame ceremony along with all Alvin Kamara and Zach Wood the deep Snapper. These are former teammates of Breeze.
Speaker 4: Now, all the Saints Hall of famers were there, Morten Anderson, Ricky uh.
Speaker 3: Do you know? Willie Rope was there. Morten Anderson was there, Ricky Jackson was there. Sam mills Is the other Saint of course passed away. So yeah, okay, I mean, and they sent the three from the current team, of course. Mickey Loomis was there. Sean Payton was there, Gaiale Benson was there.
Speaker 4: Mayo did a little post game. They're not happy with the bust, they say to Goodell. Goodell, sabotage the boss.
Speaker 3: All right, so let me. I've got two thoughts on the number one. It doesn't look like him at all. Number two, I have seen in a lot of these statues and a lot of these bus they don't look anything like a lot of the times the person that they're uh, you know, represented Keikley's looked a lot better. Some are better than others, but a lot of them don't. The bus and and the bibbleheads, Okay, a lot of times the Bible heads, they don't look anything like the guys that they're supposed to be the bible head of this.
Speaker 4: We invested a little bit more than the bottle.
Speaker 3: But they got they got to put the art together. No, it didn't like Daniels bblehead I have didn't look like him at all. But but what are you? What are you gonna do? And I think when Mark when they didn't kick out, when they take the cover off of it, I think that's the first time that they actually see it. I'm sure, No, I'm not, but I think it is the finished product. I could be wrong on that, but most of them look at it real good when they when they take the cover off of it, like, oh okay, I'm seeing this for the first I could be wrong on that, but Cam Jordan was there along with Alvin Kamara and and Zach Wood the deep Snapper, who were all teammates of of Drew Brees. Also uh, Cam Jordan is now dealing with a hamstringing right.
Speaker 4: It is his first time the journey enshrinmeate ceremony.
Speaker 3: So he did.
Speaker 4: He did very well. I'm not saying you got my birthmark, birth birth the rest everything else look like a librarian from you know on Camino, del Mar and del Mar.
Speaker 3: That's correct. The Saints for practicing though this weekend a couple of what I think is significant moves. The first one was that they moved Caesaris to center on I think it was either Friday's practice Saturday's practice was the first one. Kellen Moore went to Great Links to explain this as saying, listen, we don't have our backup center from a year ago. Ruiz was, of course, was a center in college. We want to improve our depth at that position, and we're going to move him back to guard in about a week. But I couldn't help but think that it was an opportunity for somebody else to step up at that right guard position and see what they can do. I thought it was a wonderful idea because, as I told you, Ruiz, I thought, had at a poor year last year, and they need to upgrade at that position. They needed to upgrade at both guards. They spent their money on Edwards at the left guard. Obviously can't go get another guard of that cost, so you got to do the best you can. So this move of Ruiz to center, I thought, well, this is a great idea because this opens up the position for a couple of guys to maybe see what they can do. One of them is the veteran Dylan Raduonees and the other one is the draft pick out of Auburn, Jeremiah Wright. Well, that plan went up in smoke yesterday because radoons towards ACL in practice and he's done for the year, and Jeremiah Wright has been on the shelf for the last few days with a shoulder injury. So now you're kind of back to you know, that's not gonna work. I loved the idea, and maybe Jeremiah Wright can get you know, it doesn't seem like it's a serious shoulder injury. Maybe he can get back at some point and make up some ground later in the camp and maybe later in the season he could see some play in time. But right now, expecting a rookie to come in and miss you know, this is the install part of camp. This is the last day of install I think is today. It would be a lot to ask of him to go in there. So I see what they're thinking. Okay, they don't tell you a whole lot, and that's by design, and that's fine. But when Mickey loomis who doesn't really talk about players performance very much, says we need more out of him. And when Kellen Moore, the coach, moves him to another position a week in camp just to see, gives you an idea that, well, they want more production out of that position. It's about far the weakest link on that offensive line.
Speaker 4: Coy was pretty durable until the last two years where we only played seven games.
Speaker 3: Who's Who's m McCoy. Yeah, yeah, and there is a there's a drop off. They had a they had a veteran uh there last year that they were able to plug in. But the play drops off and you just got to hope that McCoy can stay healthy. But if their first five go out there, Ruiz is still one of their first five, and he just got to be better than he was a year ago. There were there were just there were too many misses. Uh. There were too many times where he got pushed back. And if the Saints are going to be as good on offense, they need him to play better. They're looking for other other answers, and I wouldn't be at all surprised, especially now that ra Dunes has gone down, if they're they're shopping for a veteran guard. You know, not somebody high priced, but maybe somebody who's expendable on another team, and here you can go veteran. You know, this is probably a one year fixed or one year upgrade because next year when you get to the draft, you're going to be looking for something at this position. I would think at least on Day two in the meantime. So if there's a thirty something guard out there that's a you know, a stable veteran, nothing spectacular, but nothing too expensive either, wouldn't be surprised if the Saints get a little bit more serious in that market.
Speaker 4: Now that right, So, I mean what you see is probably what you get. I means this is his seventh year.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's not.
Speaker 4: I mean we expected more out of him, but I mean, after six seasons, you kind of have a pretty good idea.
Speaker 3: Three seasons. I thought three seasons ago was his best year. The twenty three season. Is he surrounded by better guys or with this I was trying it was McCoy at center. I'm trying to remember who was the right tackle that year.
Speaker 4: McCoy helps it?
Speaker 3: Does it? Does it? Covid? It was Covid? Pick around one ze uh, McCoy ruiz. Oh, yeah, yeah, he was. Yeah, we we were doing the show.
Speaker 4: Remember that was not that was when I was very technically proficient on the zoom.
Speaker 3: I think I was. I think you got shot to the carpet. I know that you. I know that you eventually went to the studio and gave up.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean twenty fourth overall pick kind of what you got.
Speaker 3: What you see is what you get. Kind of kind of stuck there. Wouldn't be surprised the Saints air in the market for a little help there.
Speaker 4: I forget our friends at Legacy Title Chad Reynolds A legacy title for all of your real estate closings T nine six do below six so full service title company servicing all of South Louisiana. Our great team met Legacy Title Ashley Donald A drink a lot of Michael Platt, Marianna Haynes, and Natalie and Bradford Smith buying building were financing. Nobody chooses but you Chad Reynlands Legacy Title two nine six Double O six.
Speaker 3: Zero Live at walk On's in Browley, Live at Lunch twenty four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 2: Five at Lunch with Dot and Nanny from walk Ons and Browley on one O four five ESPN Baton Rouge, and.
Speaker 3: We're also brought to you in part by the Thibodeau Store. The Pierre Port Store also open in Larro's and Lockport for your building projects. All of your building materials can be delivered, including lumber out of the Pierre Port and the Laro's the Laro's locations excuse me, outdoor cooking equipment, some of it portable. Outdoor cooking equipment you're getting ready for tailgating season head on by the Thibodeau Store. Patio furniture, pool side furniture, cordless power tools, outdoor power equipment and so much more. At the Thibodeau Store. You can get to all four of the locations at the one website, the Thibodeau Store dot com. Exclusive fines for your patio paints and if you're going fishing down on the coast, fishing equipment available. Thibodeau Store, nine hundred Saint Patrick Highway in Thibodeau, l sure coming off the practice field link. Kiffin scheduled to address the media here in about five minutes, so we'll have a recap of that in our number two as the Tigers move into the second week of fall camp, had a chance to get out there on Monday, and we after we hear what Kiffin's got to say, we'll talk a little bit about that. In the meantime, I want to go over some some NFL notes from the from the weekend. Big big blow for Washington as Laramie Tunsel tricep injury surgery. Out for the season, probably out season.
Speaker 4: Probably out for the season, but at least of the season.
Speaker 3: Man. You know, for saying who they signed, they picked up somebody immediately on uh, yeah, but not not of that's that it was Brandon Coleman was the guy that went in, uh in his place. I forgot who they signed to bring in. But man keeping Jade and Daniels upright, keeping him healthy. And you know, one of the things that the the Washington beat writers have been talking about is that Daniels is a little bit thicker, that he put on some good weight uh in the off season, which is a good a good sign. But that offensive line has got a hold up and losing you losing your start and left tackle man a week roughly a week in the camp.
Speaker 4: That's just tough for just what happened with the Chargers last year. When we and we think that we think that daniels Is is the real deal. It's not like a Southore slump. It's not like just he's one of these running quarterbacks as a rookie, and you know he's no, he's such a terrific thrower. Man, he's he is man. He is a poster but he is slenderly built. He's put on some weight. He understands. He will get out of bounds or get damn when he can. Sometimes sometimes he takes some hits. You're right, Charlie Brandon Colemy was in house in Quinn. The coach was asked about it, and he did not say they have any immediate plans to bring in somebody from the outside.
Speaker 3: But that's a blow man goly.
Speaker 4: So I like the weapons, you know, we how about that we're talking about the commanders that day and with Randy McKay and that afternoon they go and pick up stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, they need a little bit.
Speaker 4: He a lot of pressure on him to their defense was so bad and they're not expected to be that much improved. So it is a lot of it's almost like a poor man's Joe Burrow situation.
Speaker 3: He got no room for arra you know, yeah, for different reasons. But yeah, and I don't know what to expect the Commander's running game. Uh okay, it's got to be better crosskey Merit was a fun training camp story a year ago, and there were some plays here and there, but he's not an elite back. They brought in Rashad White, who's another kind of solid but not spectacular. You can't expect them to be a dominant run team. They've just they've got what I would call average backs. And there did the kid from Alabama go to San Francisco, That's right? Yeah, So yeah, Rashad White is a solid back, but nothing nothing spectacular? Max you uh d White? I mean I thought he was oh oh sorry, he turned him up. Uh got fantasy fantasy guys like him, but he just kind of an average.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fine player, I would say they did. They did bring in uh in the draft as well. Uh but well we'll see if if Bob cross America.
Speaker 3: Oh, the kid from the kid from Penn State, and the kid he was, he was like a fifth year guy I think at pennstated. So you know, you don't have a whole lot of a whole lot of hope that that's gonna be a third string.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was at one two punch that lost a Notre Dame in the in the playoffs a couple of years ago.
Speaker 3: Who is the other back's name for Penn State?
Speaker 4: Oh the other one he rushed for good he was Yeah, but that's yeah, yeah, Singleton and Allen so but yeah, that's not a yeah, that's kind of that's not one of the stronger running back groups.
Speaker 5: I will say Rashaw White was ranked twelfth out of running backs courting a PFF lash twelfth what twelfth of running backs lash of fifty five graded running.
Speaker 3: Back and what he rushed for? Five hundred and seventy two yards just.
Speaker 5: Overall grade pff You know, I don't look at necessarily just county stats.
Speaker 3: Another major injury that is going to keep him up with the rest of the preseason is Luthor Burden in Chicago camp. They think enough of him, and we watched him at Missouri. We we thought he would an outstanding player there. They thought enough of him that they moved DJ Moore to Buffalo in the off season. So you would think that.
Speaker 4: Charlotte bro that went right that he was a It was a little bit of a steal. Yeah they got yeah saying around and not just because he was a big time It was one of the who's who's Missouri signed over the last ten years, there's been a bigger recruit.
Speaker 3: He's not there, he's right there. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So and and sometimes you know, we got to throw away that. But yeah, he's he he could play man, he could play well. I still wonder why he went so low.
Speaker 3: If I had to guess, I'd say it's his size. But I loved him. I thought he was a dynamic.
Speaker 5: There was some interview there. Yeah, just I remember his pre draft process. He kind of slid a little bit, but he really surged in the last six games last year.
Speaker 3: His numbers decreased from his second to last year in Missouri to his last year because he was the offense the last year they were there there there was so much so his his counting numbers went down a little bit last year.
Speaker 4: A very good job of creating a lot of different ways to get him the ball, running plays as well as screens. I mean, look, just get the ball in the open space. So that was how highly they thought of.
Speaker 3: Him last year. Moore was the leading receiver among the wide receivers, but the overall leading receiver for the Bears was the tight end Colston Lovelin, who they think will have another big year this year. So it's roma Dusney and Luther Burden had very similar numbers, same amount of catches, same amount of yards, but o'doonsey had thirty more targets. In other words, Burden caught him for production as far as catches and yards being targeted thirty less times. That's why they thought he could have been the number one receiver this year, and he still might be, but he's gonna miss the rest of the preseason.
Speaker 4: He been mind with DJ Moore got that, you know, it was part of that hard knocks deal that year, and got it during training camp in July twenty two, twenty four, that four year, one hundred and ten million that was done with the previous staff. Yeah, now I think it's same gm uh, but you know that was that was not that was you know, a little bit easier to let him go when it's not, Uh, you didn't invest on him yourself.
Speaker 3: We spent some time on Friday talking about Haines King because of his performance in the Hall of Fame game. He pulled a hamstring somewhere along the way. He's gonna miss probably a month. They brought in Kyle Trass, the old Florida quarterback UH, to be the third teamer in Carolina. You remember when Trash came in UH and played against LSU. He did pretty good. He did the interception of the end zone when the game was tied or down seven. I don't remember that was the key one. I think I think Stingley it was. It was the big, big part of the end zone interception. Yeah, that was.
Speaker 4: That was the team probably competed with LSU that twenty nineteen season the best.
Speaker 3: It I've said this a bunch, the difference in that game Jamar Chase and I brought it up in the post game that time because Jamar Chase at one point was committed to Florida, And I've said this a million times. If Chase is on the other side that night, I don't know if LSU wins as good as that team was. But Chase was a real Burrow was really good. Yeah, and he had other guys. He had other guys to throw too. My money's on he's gonna find a way that he probably would have, but it would have been a well he did, and and Chase had a monster game, and and LSU wanted.
Speaker 4: One of the most competitive five yard touchdown to break the time to put it away or to put it away. Yeah, they were up thirty five to twenty eight, and yeah, and had the ball and that put it away. Oh so hip that was probably the play right after trash through the interception.
Speaker 3: Huh pretty close if I remember that, that was because it.
Speaker 4: Was it was a great game. I was in the hospital with my dad at the time, and man, it was just it was on that. They gave Lsu all they could handle.
Speaker 3: Here they did. It was the final score was bigger than what they beat Auburn by that.
Speaker 5: Year twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, forty twenty eight, and they only beat Auburn by I think it was twenty three to twenty or twenty three score game. I had to recover the onside came. But I thought Florida was more of a threat than Aubert.
Speaker 5: Had double the yards or else she had double the yards at Auburn. Yeah, Florida.
Speaker 3: Florida was a problem and they beat him.
Speaker 5: Dave Canalis said that King suffered the hamstring injury on that final play diving for the end ze. Okay, winning, winning the Hall of Fame game, but you get injured again.
Speaker 4: I thought Haines King showed me a lot as far as a passer, because they didn't.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 4: He had to throw from the pocket a lot more in just his first preseason game than maybe he did all the last two years.
Speaker 3: Okay, in George, I wanted to I meant to ask this on Friday, but now it really? Do you think he almost played too well? And the reason I'm saying that is they're gonna have to put him an active Rocks. Yeah. Can you put him on the Could you risk putting him on the practice squad with somebody? Definitely, he's gonna pick him up and just put him in and sit him. No, you have to put him on the ross, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, but he's going to be with a guy that's yeah. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's I can't say no one game. No, I don't think everybody's jumping in, you know, not for sure, but I don't think so.
Speaker 3: That's what I said. Yeah, I wouldn't wouldn't be the biggest shock if somebody did one game preseason one half kind of also depends on if somebody's in a quarterback bye, like Okay, the Detroit Lions today find themselves without a backup quarterback that is dependable. Teddy Bridgewater retired again over the weekend, this time I think for good. Uh So, they didn't have much behind him, so they went out and signed the astronaut Joshua Dobbs, who's been playing in the league since I think Roselle was the commission I haven't seen a guy.
Speaker 4: Play so good just off the cuff and then just like flatten out, who was it? Would they beat Atlanta? Maybe when he has his first game and I mean he just played, Yeah, I mean I think they had to overcome up. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it like a fourth and ten and this, I mean he had a game win, a drive at the end of the game, just a long drive.
Speaker 3: And time game after that? Did they play a primetime game?
Speaker 5: They played? They played a primetime game. I remember that vividly.
Speaker 3: Did he beat the forty nine ers?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: He won.
Speaker 5: His first two games were against Atlanta, New Orleans, Atlanta, New Orleans and then he ended up losing.
Speaker 4: They beat the sacer I know they beat, came to beat, They came back and beat Atlanta by like a field goal or so.
Speaker 5: They lost to the Bears on Monday Night football in a low scoring twelve ten game.
Speaker 3: He had four.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's when he said.
Speaker 3: That was that was Yeah, this sunny moves over. He's only been in the league for seven years, but he's played for six teams, which is why it seems like Dobbs has been in the league forever. He's only thirty one years old.
Speaker 4: That's that's great, Okay, But if Dobbs can stay in the league, what about the other Tennessee quarterback that was so good Cooker?
Speaker 3: Why is he he?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 3: Well, he was with he he's on a fightings now, I believe right is we're gonna play. We're gonna play. Where where does he play? Later? Think Kendon Hookers in Tennessee. Yees. Yeah, No. I liked him a lot, and then the injury, you know, and he never uh his rookie year. You know, he missed so much time uh in that training camp, and it seemed like he never really got back and got himself in the mix. I really good his senior year at Tennessee, he was phenomenal. He had that high yards per attempt with almost I think he threw like four interceptions for the whole year, and he's still either led the league in yards per attempter close to it. So he was pushing the ball down to the field, but he wouldn't throw on the interceptions. No, he was.
Speaker 5: He was a lot a decent pro prospect. I think part of it you might have to look at at that product system.
Speaker 4: Yeah, question Sam throwing enough balls though, Man the work he was accurate.
Speaker 3: Man, he was really could throw the ball anyway. Teddy Bridgewater U says he is done with football. Wonder if he's gonna go back to coaching. Heights started with the Saints. Was he four and oh? As it started with the five five and five breeze hurt his hand, his threat. I think it was against the Rams and they reeled off five in a row, completely completely shot my whole backup quarterback theory to hell. I was like, man, if you can go two and two and four games, you're a good backup quarterback. Teddy went five and oh and was.
Speaker 4: Was I remember the defense stepping it up pretty good too?
Speaker 3: Yes they did.
Speaker 4: Yes, indeed, don't forget our friends over at Total Maintenance Total mates man, I had the pleasure of having dinner with UH with Lucas and his wife on Friday, they get getting ready for the daughter's wedding. Charl you know how that goes, So that's always fun. It's a total maintenance. Hey, your ace doesn't care if it's the hottest day of the year. It just quits. It's my total maintenance off for the same day. Service to get your home coolly comfortable fast. No body goes to sleep hot when they called four aight oh, triple O seven four a oh triple O seven ask about our Elite membership playing service twice a year. Fifty sent off diagnostics, fifteen percent off repairs. All repairs come with three year warranty. Half of your your monthly fee goes to credit tm Bucks that is there when you if you need to replace equipment and don't get hit with that big ticket all at once. And as a signing bonus, sign up bonus you signed up for the Elite Membership Plan today receive a two hundred dollars credit immediately with tm bucks as part of their Elite Membership Plan. Total Maintenance four eh oh triple O seven.
Speaker 3: Live at the Walkorns in Brewly, Live and Lunch one four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 2: Live at Lunch with Ott and Hanny from walk Ons and Browley on one of four or five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 3: Back here at Walcorns in Brwly, Live at Lunch. Outside of that, that right guard position that the Saints are tinkering around with, probably the biggest question mark on the roster is depth at cornerback. The Saints are bringing in Terrian Arnold for a visit this one. Well, I'm just gonna I'm just gonna give you the landscape here. There is an arraignment hearing this week for Arnold on felony charges of kidnapping an armed robbery. The maximum sentence is life in prison for these charges that he's facing. Lions cut him almost immediately. They had a first round pick at him and he was a starter. They cut him immediately after this. Arnold went in I don't think he went in front of the judge, but his lawyer did and they denied the state's request to keep him in custody until a trial. So he's allowed to travel for work and he's gonna be visiting the Colts, the Jets, the Seahawks, the Texans, and now it looks like New Orleans. I'd pass. I'm sorry, Uh, these charges are too serious. If now he goes through the whole trial and everything and he's cleared and and he you know, found out guilty or anything, that's one thing. But even with a need, uh no thanks. You know, this is not like he's facing a speeding ticket or something like that. Four counts of kidnapping and four counts of armed robbery, Uh no thanks. I don't care how bad I need a cornerback. No thanks. Now again, if he gets cleared, that's different, but no, no, no thanks. I would I would pass. There's certain certain certain things. You get to a spot and you're like, you know what, I don't need that guy in my building.
Speaker 4: And you know, he was got to be really good with that kind of bag.
Speaker 3: And what I remember about him with the the Lions was he made plays, but he was also a highly penalized guy. Max said that I don't have the number in front of me, but I want to say his rookie year, he was the most highly penalized corner in the league, or one of them. He got better, you know, as he got older. But no, no, I'm not sure I'd look at any player with a with that kind of charge going to him. He's only twenty three, so if he's cleared, you go back into the league. But no, thanks.
Speaker 5: Seventeen penalties in twenty four career games.
Speaker 3: And what in twenty fourth career games? Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 4: When the Saints picked up the guy from Seattle to defensive back and we play a completely different scheme, Brandon Browner, and I mean he led the league into defensive holy penalties.
Speaker 3: And he did because he could not ask him to do something that he was his own guy and they were asking him to play man and he couldn't do that.
Speaker 4: And he probably had another twenty that could have been orge should have been called. I mean, he was constantly tackling receivers.
Speaker 3: It's a very close race as to who the worst free agent signing in the secondary was for New Orleans, Brandon brown or Jason David who they got from the Colts. And then they played the Colts in the first game the next year. They threw his way every play. Peyton Manning had a ball. I mean he went out there and saw Jason David out there and coverage. Well, he got a smile on his face like they attacked him pretty good.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, he was so I felt sorry for him. Stoopid scoring that game too, might have yeah, I just I know we had one.
Speaker 3: I think it was him. I remember the Saints got absolutely destroyed in that game. We're here at the walk Ons in Brewly Live at lunch one over five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 2: Five at lunch with Ott and Nanny from walk Ons and Browlely on one four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 3: Here at walk Ons in Browly Live at lunch. You're getting ready for fantasy football drafts. I got a deal over here at walk Ons in Browly with your fantasy football draft taking place here twenty five dollars bonus card plus their fantasy football bundle that you can get includes a fifty boneless wings, chips and caso, a couple of pictures of bud Light, and then if you'd like to continue from there, over four dozen beers on tap here. We've I always tell you about that when we come here to walk Ons in Browley that if you like draft beer, this is as good a place as you're gonna find all your you know, your traditional favorites plus seasonal beers that rotate throughout the course of the year. I always find them here at walk Ons in Brooley. Not a bad seat in the house for any of the games that you want to watch. And we got you know, this preseason action starting later on later on this week Thursday, Lines and Bengals, Packers and Steelers. The Saints' first preseason game is Saturday. It's three o'clock against the Jaguars. Who are they going to practice against starting in the middle of the week. So it's got your NFL stuff coming up and your fantasy football bundles here and walk Ons in Browley.
Speaker 4: So got the NFL Sunday ticket over here. So every game over here had to walk on to Browley and so you know, and follows right around the corner.
Speaker 3: Trum looking forward to that lane. Kiffin, still talking with the media, said and finished with that, Yeah, but I had a chance to go out and watch a little bit on Saturday morning. There were two places that I was able to to watch and get a little bit Again, this is the portion of camp where they're still in shorts and we're not out there for all that long. So don't go too crazy with any of the you know, any of the things that you hear, because we're just we're just seeing a little a little bit of this. But what I can tell you from what I saw. I spend my time watching the defensive tackles and the safeties. So what I can tell you, but the defensive tackles is that don't be shocked if when they go out there for the first game it's two freshmen with the first team Deuce Jerald's and Richard Anderson couldn't look any more different standing next to each other. Jerreld's is about six to one, about two hundred and eighty pounds, and Anderson's about six foot three and about three hundred and forty pounds. But they're both very effective in their own ways. You're going to see at least a four man rotation. Maliku blocked in the transfer from Alburn to File and Green to transfer from from Clemson, who both are about the same size. They're both in that six to three, three hundred pound range. You're gonna see a nice healthy rotation of those guys. I don't know what the role is gonna be for Dominic McKinley. It's been a pretty quiet first week for him. The guys in front of him. Last year he played a lot, hoping for a breakout year. At least so far, he's running behind some guys a defensive tackle. A lot of camp left and McKinley certainly got some experience. But we'll see there and at safety time. Benefield, to transfer from Boise State, is locked in at one. I am expecting a big year out of him. We came out of camp last year really impressed with with Halsey. With AJ Halsey last year, I find Benefits a different looking type of player. He's much more tall and rangy, but really like what I've seen out of him so far. The other safety spot, at least they look like they're willing to look at some other guys. Jace Thomas was well out there with the first unit on day one and saw a decent amount of to Marcus Cooley on Saturday, but they also had Fahim Delane at least take a couple of reps. Again, these individuals, it's not teamwork up there at the top. Delaane is a nice looking athlete. He's a much thicker player than some of the others. Jace Thomas is listed at one hundred and eighty pounds. Delaane is listed at two hundred and thirteen pounds. So they're different looking players. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw that competition continue. Cooley I thought was adequate a year ago. I didn't think he was spectacular. I didn't think he was bad. So I thought he was a Yeah. I thought he was a good player. But get the transfer from Houston, No no, no, yeah was great. Okay, Okay, we're on the same good from n C State.
Speaker 4: The reason the reason I bring that, Charlie, because you said last year, I said, man, how much can you tell them? It's pretty much practice and you're talking about Halsey And it did translate.
Speaker 3: He was a heck of a player. Man. I liked him a lot, and I think you'll like Benefield. Uh this year. The other one, Cooley came from n C State. Like I said, I thought he was okay. I didn't. I didn't feel like he was a liability out there. He made a handful of plays. But if they're they're looking at some other guys there, it means that if to me, if Cooley last year was good enough to start for you this year, Well, you got other guys that are challenging for the playing time. It's not because he's not in adequate safety, if that makes any sense. So UH got to see uh those those two positions, and then we scudat it out of there very high morning, quite quite steamy. The offensive line, I didn't get a chance to see uh. They were on the other field. I didn't get a chance to see him. But the reports were that the the front five that finished spring are still the front five that are here, Jordan Seaton, Bowt bord A Long Brail and Moore, Aliu Bah and Weston Davis. As you're as you're starting offensive line, and you know the wide receivers, I still think that's gonna be first of all, I think a lot of them are gonna play, and they're still rotating guys. Hunt Palmer wrote a piece about Jason Brown from Kansas State this morning. I certainly think he's up at the top of that of that list. So there'd be a lot of a lot of different a lot of different looks before we get to the the end of camp. Not even you know, just getting ready to put the pads on later this week.
Speaker 4: So it's kind of where I'm at with I want to share what you told me about before the show about the evaluation of Clemson's quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody was on YouTube had put together a clip of Vinzena. I think it's how you say it, and it was his fourth year junior, fourth year junior. He has started one game, and somebody went through and cut it up to where you could watch it in a nice about fifteen minute sitting of all of the offensive plays at Clemson ran in Vinzena's first start, first start, his only start, which was against SMU last year. What I saw was I thought an average quarterback. I thought his best throws were a couple of deep throws that he made. He threw three touchdown passes in that game. Two of them were deep balls. Jimmy, what's your biggest pet peeve about quarterback that don't throw very good deep balls?
Speaker 4: They don't put enough air under receiver. Chance he put air.
Speaker 3: Under the ball. One of the plays that went for a touchdown of over fifty yards, he almost overthrew him, but he put enough air under it the receiver was able to make a nice catch. The other one he put right on the money, and then the third one was a shorter throw that the receiver ended up making a move. So in that game, twenty nine for forty two, three hundred and seventeen yards and three touchdowns looked spectacular, right. SMU won the game by eleven. Those three big plays accounted for a big chunk over half of his yordage that day. What I saw the rest of the time was a lot of wide receiver screens, a lot of checkdowns, and the you know, the yards per attempt is going to look, you know, pretty good here for this game. But again, you had the three big plays. Did not see him throw the ball in the middle of the feet in the intermediate zones. Didn't see him move around a whole lot. He had fifteen rushing attempts in the game I saw him all. Most of them were the result of pressure that he just kind of had to eat the football. He is very little threat to run very much. Had a couple of design runs that didn't go anywhere. All in all, I would describe him as a very program quarterbacks. Yeah, serviceable, okay, certainly not a spectacular quarterback. I was trying to think of an LSU quarterback that I could compare him to the last you know, ten years, and there's really nobody that completely fits. No, No, he's better than what about your boy? Did? I've got Danny Etling. Danny Etling is probably the closest that I could I could come and it's not even that's not great Etling. I think it was a little bit better athlete. But he's a very serviceable quarterback. Now they've got a competition going. They're splitting reps three ways. I read. I've read all of the Clemson practice reports. This guy's gonna start.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, the LSU, that's not a well, that's not a competition.
Speaker 3: He's a starter. But I think what I told you before the show, and we'll see if I'm right or not. I think it would be crazy to put a freshman in Tiger Stadium for this game and expect him to go out there and perform. So I think the senior Vinzina will start there. But I also would not be surprised if the freshman beats him out at some point in the season. Clemson's early schedule after l s U and there they're big underdog to l s U. Uh, there's a rental win game, and then there's a game against North Carolina that I think that they will win. Then they go to Cal that's a losable game if they don't play well, and then they play Miami. So if they're three and two or two and three the first week of October, maybe then I'm saying this not having watched the freshman practice at all. I'm reading practice reports. All I know is what I saw of Inzena is he's okay. He's nothing special.
Speaker 4: He was more than okay against SMU. He was really damn good. He would you mean, three touchdowns, interceptions over three hundred yards passing. One thing just sticks out now. You sacked four times, but he rushed it fifteen times.
Speaker 3: A lot of those were times where he ate the football. I'm gonna I'm gonna send this film to you so you watch it. A lot of times he was eating the football and just kind of moving he did not and a couple of times he just got back to the line of scrimmage or just a little bit pasted it. He is not a real threat to run the football very much, not against a defens.
Speaker 4: That's a lot for a guy that's not a runner, I mean, but he was.
Speaker 3: The audience was largely on the three big plays. They fell behind in that game.
Speaker 4: So they were behind I think the entire game, sixteen seven and a half and he he picked it up.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't think they led in that game. No they didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we've seen LSU favored by as much as eleven and a half in this game, is now down a nine and a half at Valley's DraftKings Sports for got anything to make of that.
Speaker 3: Get over that hot number ten. It's kind of a magic number. And just.
Speaker 4: It's you know, for LSU and Clemson. I mean that, you know, branding wise, I think that's it's a lot of points, you know, But LSU, I think is better than what most people think around the country. And it's zena say which you want. It's his first start on the road in a hostile environment, and it's gonna be hostile, and I think that's gonna and then just maybe just gonna talk about Clemson. But his is so the confidence is so low, man, they are tired of it. They wanted him to go get a transfer quarter because they saw him even with the stats, they saw enough of him saying no, we need better. And then and if you're gonna put in a freshman mid season. You can't ask for the move with a freshman. I mean, is the guy starting for them more more highly thought of than Underwood? I mean, you just don't know. Usually you're gonna have a tough time aty first. You started much less a true freshman with not the greatest supporting cast, you know, handwritings on the wall. Man the best coach they've ever had. They're not happy.
Speaker 3: They're happy right now. And it isn't that that number coming down just the branding, Like you're talking, some respective money came in it.
Speaker 4: So it's not just you know that the casual fan you're moving, you move a number like that, that's that's respected money.
Speaker 3: So you know, it's a first game. LSU's not supposed to be a finished product. In game number one, you see you see this sometimes you get a big play callback because of a penalty. You have some sloppiness in that first game. This is a whole new coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball. It would be asking a lot for them to be a finally tuned machine right there in game one.
Speaker 4: I saw finally to machine Kiffin's first game at Ole Miss. That's true, that's for damn sure, that's true.
Speaker 3: I mean it was.
Speaker 4: It was the COVID years twenty or twenty one charge. Yeah, I mean, I he's did that. That's what he does best. We know about that, you know. And they got enough players on defense where he should have a much better defense. You have a little continuity with keeping Baker here. I just I think that Kiffin's You're right. It's it's because of the ugly the ugly week of college for football. But they in that game against the first game Matt corral threw for three ninety five.
Speaker 3: Who did they play Florida. Florida was good. That was traad.
Speaker 4: That's the year they went to the SEC championship game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was wow, he threw.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: I mean they tried to finish everything that happened.
Speaker 4: Explosive plays after explosive plays.
Speaker 3: I mean it was.
Speaker 4: It was impressive, man. I mean they had six hundred and thirteen yards offense. That's game one against a respected team. I don't know how we compare Florida's defensive unit that year to Clemson this year, but I would say is good, if not better.
Speaker 3: It was a Dan Mullen team right for Florida.
Speaker 4: Was that Dan Mullen was a coach at that time, I think so to look, but fifty one to thirty five was the final score. They scored five touchdowns. They scored a touchdown in every quarter, six hundred thirteen yards four to forty three on the ground.
Speaker 3: I mean, because Mullen was a solid coach, I mean very I know they ran him off, but he was he was.
Speaker 4: Was he the coach when they got to the conference championship?
Speaker 2: He was?
Speaker 3: You can look it up, but I'm I'm pretty sure that was Dan Mullen. I think I had forgotten that that he threw for that man Florida.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Florida, it was.
Speaker 3: It was third year trash. Yeah. Wow, Okay, I hope, I hope you're right, Jimmy, I saw it. I hope.
Speaker 4: Reason How how much time did the teams? How much was it reduced practice time entering that season for COVID It.
Speaker 3: Was definitely postponed until probably late August that year, and what Yeah, they didn't start the season until September the twenty something.
Speaker 5: They would have played, they would have been playing for something very real in that game. If not for the Shoe game against L Shoe that year and that was. That was a big loss for them, But that's the SEC championship, the playoff chances. That's that season was the shoe game where you know they throw the shoe and l s U beat in the fall game. But that SEC championship would have been very.
Speaker 3: Trashed through for six t d's that day.
Speaker 4: That was September twenty six, so they saw it late August to Latetember. Yeah, and where they reduced in the amount of practices, or.
Speaker 3: They had the same amount of time, but they were reduced with all of the restrictions as to who could practice. If you remember that part, you mean who could I mean COVID guys in and out of practice, if you know, if you test positive. I get that. Yeah, yeah, I mean how many days they had the full team out there? You know, it was a it was always a guessing game as to who you had available.
Speaker 4: To practice, what team had all our guys available.
Speaker 3: They won a lot of games that year, best best Alabama team ever. I've been told that so many saving about that. They put him on a spot. You know, he said, well, comment, yeah, I'll take it, take the fifth. I would it's kind of kind of topical, and I would COVID. I saw the twenty Alabama team, and I saw the nineteen Alabama team. Give me the nineteen Alabama team all day and all night. Yeah, yeah, no question, even though they lost, Yes, I mean they lost to an LSU team that was, you know, probably the best of all tame.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so, I mean, I just I don't know how much they were less prepared because of the altered schedule that year, but you have to see some sure, Okay, So I mean, fam, I mean they were more head over two hundred yards himself receiving.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was just it was and they had no defense obviously, three hundred and ninety five goings. Well, okay, bar's been said, repeat that.
Speaker 4: Don't forget our friends at Dana Brown at the Law Offices of OC Brown, your law firm for a lifetime, Mine.
Speaker 3: Charlie's, everybody.
Speaker 4: We and we have not hesitated over the years when somebody asked it, Hey, you got an idea, you get a recommendation for an attorney, new new new problem. Call three four three one. Dana Brown at the Law office of OC Brown, second generation law firm. His dad, former district attorney OC Brown started and Dana has just maintained the same level of expertise and professionalism that his dad established years ago. Dedicated to protecting your rights and fighting for the justice you deserve. Again, never a charge for the natial consultation three four three one one at oc brown dot com.
Speaker 3: Live at the walk Ons and Browley Live at Lunch one four five ESPN Batters.
Speaker 2: Live at Lunch with Dott Danny from walk Ons and Browley on one O four five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 3: And return here at the Brooly walk Ons again your fantasy football packages, fantasy football bundles including twenty five dollar bonus card, fifty boneless wings chips in case so two pitches above light and have a secluded place, a little cordon doff place for your draft here at walk Ons in Brooley. Fantasy football drafts all throughout the month of August. Okay, not a ton of news out of LSU's practice this morning, but they are they are done. That's good. Yeah, yeah, absolutely, no news is good news. Uh. Sam Levitt was eighteen out of twenty uh against no defense. So they're basically this is what no des against no defense. This is just individual drills where there where they're throwing stat on running running because defense, because this is what they're allowed to see. Yeah, okay, And trade is Green was in a no contact jersey and.
Speaker 4: Contact jersey was misleading with it. For a quarterback, they can't get hit. You don't want to obviously, nobody wants to get This is just the first part of practice. But I would have to be a little bit. I would pump the brakes a little bit on statistics. Were against no defense? Yeah, air, Charlie right against air. Tamarcus Cooley was back with the first group in the secondary. We talked about safety here just a minute ago. And like I said, Green was in a no contact jersey. This morning, Lane Kiffin was asked about the buyouts on both TJ. Dottery and Devin Harper, and he said it sounds like a legal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They they had a multi year contract and they they signed contracts for revshare for the what would have been their twenty six season at Old Miss and Ole Miss is suing them for you know, for that money. And Keivin didn't bite. He said, it's a legal situation. Don't have a comment. And I would be very surprised if, even when this is resolved, if LSU had a comment in regardless of how how that turns out, it's less than a million bucks. Whatever happens happens. I'm kind of I'm kind of bored by these stories.
Speaker 4: I mean, that is that's that's taking it to a whole another level as far as uh, you know, reaching for sometime of information stats against nobody.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so.
Speaker 4: L s U is plus one sixty to make it to the playoff, the Dodgers are plus one sixty to win the World Series. You got a you got a three hundred dollars ticket. Who you're putting it on?
Speaker 3: The Dodgers, Shodgers, Rodgers, the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they have lost eight of nine, and they will not budge that. That uh that those odds. That just doesn't happen with anybody else. You lose eight or none, NBA whatever you mean, you're just your your your payoffs gonna it's gonna increase. You know, it's a short they know they got they're getting so much action.
Speaker 3: It's a short series, and anything can happen. I mean, Milwaukee in Atlanta actually have better records than the Dodgers right now. If the playoffs started dating the three seed right after this, this street State out of night. So it's a short series and we've seen big favorites not win before. But I mean, gosh, they're so loaded it's hard to it's hard to imagine somebody beating them four out of seven.
Speaker 4: But that that that tricky five game series is the one that's knocked him out and should have knocked him out of against San Diego when they basically they threw, they threw a bullpen game. They beat them an elimination game at Petco. But no, that's the two when they were bounced. They were bouncing five by San Diego and Arizona.
Speaker 2: So the.
Speaker 3: One you threw, mactually said, Dodgers to the pole. The question you asked last week was who's more likely to make the playoffs? L s U or the Saints. Hunt put that up on a pole on Louisiana Sports dot Net. This is, you know, baton Rouge right, seventy thirty. I think was the final in the favor of l s U. And look, I want l SU to make the playoffs. I hope that they do. I hope that both teams make the playoffs. But if you're just looking at it from a number stand, what is the Saints number to make the playoffs. What si Okay, just from a numbers standpoint, l s U cannot. I don't think lose a quarter of their games and make the playoffs. I think if they lose three games, they're gonna be out. I mean, they could sneak in, but probably not. The Saints could lose half of their games and get in. That's where I'm coming from the prediction. You know, it's just just pure numbers. It's you like the plus one eight. Yeah. If given the choice between those two. In fact, if you gave me the choice of all three, the Dodgers to win the World Series, the LSU to make the playoffs, or the Saints to make the playoffs, I still take the Saints even at one sixty. I take the Saints to make the playoffs just because of the leadway that they have. You know, the Panthers made the playoffs at eight to nine last year. The Saints only have to be two games better than they were last year. For that. They're playing a last place schedule. I think they can get to eight nine. Now, maybe eight nine doesn't get them in this year. Maybe they need to get to nine and eight, but I think that's real doable schedule. Yeah, I think LSU, you know, can win ten games. But I got six games on lsu' schedule that either they're an underdog or they're less than a three or four.
Speaker 4: Points chances that Saints making air as a wild card now they're it's a wild car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would. I would say less than twenty percent of a chance. So you're saying, instead of making.
Speaker 4: Plus two seventy to win the division over that's a better bet over plus eighty to make it to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's a much better bet. I appreciate you giving it your blessing, Charlie, that's what you were waiting for. Ar Man will disappoint you.
Speaker 5: Brian Kelly's working in the media now he has LSU in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about that when we come back, because that that just takes a little bit well, we know they got there. Whatever they're going with the if they want to try and get a settlement. The attorney when he'd come down from New York, his age for New York even talking y'all, is the money pay, but he's not. His commentary does not. If he's better, it does not affect his commentary. I've heard him on enough interviews now when they ask about LSU to ask about chances of Kiffen, And I didn't see this one where they went play, you know, game by game, win or loss.
Speaker 3: But he's been pretty you know, I don't think, yeah, he hadn't bashed jealous.
Speaker 5: She's always been pretty complimentary of Lane Kiffin. What's that throughout his time? And I was she was always pretty complimentary of Lane Kiffin. Kelly, Yes, I don't remember, just just he's good in coach speak, but I would say, you know, he's always complimentary of Kiffen and his offenses over the years.
Speaker 3: So he's made some predictions. I want to I want to hear that when when we come back, because he fell asu in for Notre Dame, do that when we come back over here at.
Speaker 4: Walk On's in Brewley again, we got the NFL Sunday ticket over here, so come on by and see Charlie. Charlie says we change out the different drafts seasonally, but have NFL Sunday ticket all the college football games. When he cools down a little bit the patio, they have five screens in the patio, do a little corn hole whatever you want. So man football is right around the corner, and hunker down over here at walk On's in.
Speaker 3: Browley, Live at lunch one four five ESPN Baton Uge.
Speaker 2: Live at Lunch with Nanny from walk Ons and Browley on one four or five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 3: And we're also brought you by Louisiana Health and Injury Centers helping you deal with pain doctor Michael Golf and his staff. You know when you got that back pain, that neck pain, that muscle soreness, those things that are keeping you from getting around as well as you'd like, or maybe not getting a good night's sleep. Let them attack those problem areas and get you to feeling better. They've done fantastic work for us, and they can do the same for you, whether it's drying need, electric nerve stimulation, cryer or ultrasound therapy. System of exercise and stretches and adjustments that'll gets you to feeling better and alleviate your pain. Airline Highway plank Row Jefferson Highway near Drusilla. Doctor Michael Golf, Louisiana Health and Injury Centers didn't know we were getting this today. Maybe I just missed it, or maybe this was a surprise, LSU was scheduled to you have Lane Kiffin at the podium today and then they say players, Well, while we were at break, the first player that went up there Sam Lovitt. This is the first time we've heard from him since he's been at LSU, and he is speaking right now, so I know Hane'll have some more on that during his show, but Sam Levit's up talking to the media for the first time as an LSU Tiger. Now go to former LSU Tiger, the coach Brian Kelly Max. He was going game for game with both LSU and Notre Dame, so it's to LSU first and what he thinks the record is going to be for the Tigers. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So he works for CBS Sports. They're doing these online videos with Brian Kelly going game by game. It's kind of funny you hear the coach speak. He talks about the lateech game and the road trip to Kentucky and Auburn and Mississippi State and this is not gonna be an easy game. You know, there's no easy game in the SEC. You can hear him still kind of he has a coaching him. He's not going to disrespect any of the opponents, but nevertheless, he did have LSU losing to ole Miss going to ole Miss. Thinks it's about the best quarterback in that game, and he trusts Trinidad Chambliss at home and that one, so he went with ole Miss, although he did say the next week he had them beating Texas A and M and said they could go one and one in either of these. Either way, I could see it going. You know, they'd be happy to go one and one between those two games.
Speaker 3: Back to that, it's somebody's birthday here, Ed Waltham, is it today Wednesday? Wednesday? Okay, well and literally birthday, but he can't wait to get out the house to go celebrate.
Speaker 5: Brian Kelly also had them winning out in October, not real surprise there, did say Auburn was a tough place to play it nevertheless, and then had them beating Alabama, losing to Texas and then beating beating Tennessee in Arkansas. So he Brian Kelly predicts LSHU go ten and two and make the playoff. He was complimentary of Lane Kiff piece. He also, interestingly enough, I was trying to do some research on this. During the break. He mentioned that he had LSU beating Tennessee because Blake Baker has always done well against Josh Hypel offenses. I didn't really know that was a thing, so I looked it up, and he might be basing that off of one game back when Blake Baker was at Missouri. He played Tennessee in twenty twenty three and they won thirty six to seven. But the previous year, when Blake Baker was also the DC, they went to Rocky Top and lost sixty six twenty four, So I'm not exactly sure that is actually true. I didn't see any other previous history at Miami in law Tech where he played Hypel, but nevertheless, maybe one good performance against the Hypel Hypel offense.
Speaker 3: So he's predicting losses to Ole Miss in Texas. LSU is an underdog in both of those games right now, right, Jimmy at ole Miss and home against Texas. They're underdog in both of those games, right, LSU.
Speaker 4: Man like maybe under a field goal, though I don't think.
Speaker 3: It's if they played them right now, Yeah, but there should be odds on I mean, lones one of those games, I'll check, uh, will they be an underdog? And I know it would be very small. But would they be an underdog at home against Texas A and M. I don't think so. I think they'll be a small favorite, yes, one or two points as of now. Yeah, okay, I would think.
Speaker 5: So they are. So I've got it for you. One and a half point underdog at all Miss.
Speaker 3: That's it, really okay, underfield goal three.
Speaker 5: Point favorite hosting Texas A and M. Okay, and then come Alabama. They are favored by three and a half at home l s U. But they are three point underdogs to Texas. Okay, field goal or less one and a half point favorite at Tennessee the next week.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's it's the schedule is so good. The schedule is good. You know what were they predicted to finish in the SEC six with the SEC media.
Speaker 5: Thought they had them fifth?
Speaker 3: Fifth?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the third choice the odds, you know, co favorite to Texas and Georgia and there there's third choice.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, see there is a slight difference, and that this is predicted order a finish that the SEC vote'es on while you know of winning.
Speaker 3: Sure, so if I got this right, he didn't pick them to win any game in which they were an underdog and you didn't pick them to lose any game. They were a favorite.
Speaker 5: He's a he's a better I guess now you know.
Speaker 3: There are worse ways to make your predictions. I mean that's when when it used to force me to write a column every year about how many games I thought LSU would win. I almost always picked them to win as many games as they'd be favored in. That goes back to two thousand and three season, when it was the first time I could ever remember they were favored in every game before the season in my lifetime.
Speaker 4: Anyway, how many of the schedule is going to be uh uh six and a half or less? We just named with four or five of them.
Speaker 5: I just named five five at Auburn.
Speaker 4: I don't think they have at Auburn. I don't know if there could be more than a touchdown favorite at Auburn. I wouldn't think.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 4: We know it's not clemsing, it's is that is that line out? Yeah, there's not one on on Okay, but and again things have changed. But I would say I'm seeing four.
Speaker 3: Or five yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, if I would, I'm always putting out a lot right now, and we already know what the Clemson line is. There'll be a significant favorite at Kentucky and at home against Mississippi State and at Arkansas. Yeah, that's that's about right. Yeah, I just I'm I think that the A and M game is going to be a really hard game for them to win. That would be the one I'm I would maybe pushed back a little bit on the rest of them. Yeah. Uh, And I think that they've got a good chance to be Texas here. I think that the game that scares me more is Tennessee because you're playing Alabama at home, Uh, Texas at home. Both of those are going to be such emotionally charged games. The last time Alabama's going to be here for a few years. It's the first time Texas has been here since the fifties. And after those two ringers, you're going to Knoxville. I just think that's gonna be a tough spot.
Speaker 4: You don't think that's a tough spot though, coming back a week after you play Alabama against Texas, Yeah, I do, but I but I.
Speaker 3: Also think that they're gonna be up for that game. I mean, Tiger Stadium, Texas coming in here, I think you're gonna get LSU's best.
Speaker 5: So many of these games.
Speaker 3: It's interesting.
Speaker 5: If you asked me, are they going to be A and M are they going to be Texas? I would almost ask you, well, did they beat Bama? Did they beat Old miss because that almost changes things.
Speaker 3: Fifty to fifty games, man, Yeah, there are give me the Notre Dame. So I got no problem with Kelly's prediction there. It might even be a little bit optimistic, to be honest with you. What what does he go for? He said, Notre Dame gonna win them all?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a week ago. He went through the schedule, went through average. Oh, this is a tough place to play. Oh, Stanford, you know, always kind of tough, you know, we YadA, YadA, YadA. But it was basically easy, easy schedule. They've got by U in there. They've got, you know, a couple losable games. But he had Notre Dame going twelve and hours.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, you got some easy schedules out there. Notre Dame, Texas, Tech, Penn State. I mean, yeah, Miami or George's is a very favorable schedule.
Speaker 3: Miami could get them. Miami. Miami will be a three point underdog. It's a revenge game and all that.
Speaker 4: But man, to just have one game that you circled, that's just I mean, that's why you know you're playing playing Texas right after you play Alabama.
Speaker 3: Man, you're not gonna have a full tank the circle.
Speaker 5: Most circled games of the year throughout college football, I think that's got to be one of them. Notre Dame Miami. You've got l Shule Miss that's an obvious one. Third wins probably Texas, Ohio State, the clear three. Just the most anticipated games of the year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at five five games would be less than five games of field goal or less.
Speaker 3: And then you have the Auburn game.
Speaker 4: All the others are gonna be over over at touch half half Kentucky, Kentucky in Arkansas.
Speaker 3: You know, Notre Dame a boy a field goal favorite home against Miami. More more, Okay, that's out right now, it's gotta be out.
Speaker 5: I'll find it.
Speaker 3: I thought I saw three or May three and a half? Really is it more? Maybe I'm the numbers are running together on me a little bit. I've looked at so many of these preseason lines, but if I had to guess, I would say it's three mix uh oh, Wow, I'm as bad.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, they're they're at home revenge game. They're expected to be better than Miami this year, and I mean, lord knows you that that could be emotionally spent with the games preceding that.
Speaker 5: Ten point favorite BYU. That seems like a lot.
Speaker 3: I don't know how good b Yu is. They're gonna be good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The freshman, I mean, is a lot to build on. He was pretty good as a true freshman. That was thrown in there kind of last minute. Also transfer from Stanford right what it was brother bear ba Yeah, I almost positive, you know, because when they had to go fishing, when they lost the quarterbacks too lane, you know.
Speaker 3: So I'm just looking for other places that Notre Dame could trip up. And I know there's Charlie's maybe, but I mean at home yeah, s m U s mu. Could I mean on the right day, you know, you have a big effort, a couple of turnovers, special teams play.
Speaker 4: I think Jenny's gonna be great this year. You know, if he's hell, he's he's a problem.
Speaker 5: We're weird. Question here, just as a as a former coach now in media, do you ever do you do you think there's let's let's say there's any ill will, which I'm not saying there is or isn't, but don't you kind of want the expectations to be high on your on your successor don't you want Lane Kiffin? Don't you oh he should go eleven and one, and then you know, you kind of say, well, look at it wasn't that hard.
Speaker 4: If you're being petty, and I just don't hear that tone, I don't think so. I don't think that's just you know, but yeah, yeah, there'll be some you know. I mean, I don't I don't think he's doing that at all.
Speaker 3: But there's a difference that I've noticed in coaches in media that expect to go back and coach again and those that don't.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Those that expect to go back and coach again are usually very I listened to Mike Tomlin on the UH in the Hall of Fame game the other night, okay, and as you would be very respectful of everything that was going on, because I'm fairly certain tom was going to coach again. So this is a one year stopping point for him, just to you know, keep himself busy, and he'll be back on an NFL sideline next year. You get coaches that don't expect to go back, like Rex Ryan and even though he wanted to go back and sometimes his bombs away.
Speaker 4: Well regard Rex Ryan's a bombs.
Speaker 3: Away guy no matter what you know. Just that is an extreme example.
Speaker 5: Is another example. But Dan Mullen has come back to un l V and he's been pretty critical of Florida over the years, kind of taking some stabs at some jabs at well, what have y'all done since I left?
Speaker 3: He did said that yeah, actually, yeah, yeah, what have y'all done since I left? He put the numbers up, and really he only had one, which you would call terrible.
Speaker 5: Year was the last year and he was the media for what two years, I want to say.
Speaker 4: Florida five years years, five or six Dan Mullica coach man. And look we were out there last year with the right before Unifour.
Speaker 5: Season and Florida I was four, eighteen or twenty one.
Speaker 3: I was, yeah, it was quick, man.
Speaker 5: They did actually in media for I guess that's three years.
Speaker 4: There were some people that were a little concerned maybe with the move to Las Vegas. It was a little bit distracted, and man, he got as much as out of that damn team as he could.
Speaker 3: He did. And you remember why who's he got quarterback in this year?
Speaker 5: Alex Orgie, who was one of the two that they had last year. If you remember they had where.
Speaker 3: Where did they come from?
Speaker 5: Orgie was from Michigan.
Speaker 3: Oh he was.
Speaker 5: He was part of a two quarterbacks since they were on the week zero teams last year. Yep, it was Orgy and Calandria who came from Virginia. He's now at Nebraska. He's transferred to Nebraska.
Speaker 3: And you remember what this said about Mullen when the.
Speaker 4: Cadrick came from BC right before went to UNLB.
Speaker 5: Right, I thought he was from Now he was from Virginia if I remember correctly, maybe it was BC. But you're thinking of you're thinking of the guy who went to Florida State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Mullen when mcelwaine got the Florida job, and Mullen was at pretty much the peak of his powers a Mississippi State at the time, and he didn't even get an interview for the Florida job, and they were like why not. You know what, this SEC coach, he's got him number one in the country for crying out loud. He's like, well, not everybody over there likes him, and he don't like everybody over there. Change Startville. No, I'm talking about in Gainesville from his previous stint when he was there with the coordinator and then St. T Bow's coordinator when he got the job, they had changed a d's So he hasn't always been the his reputations, he hasn't always been the easiest guy to work with.
Speaker 5: UNLV is tied for third choice among the non power for schools to make the playoff, only Boise State and Navy.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Virginia, I mean, that's a good one. On Week zero, Virginia NC State, I think originally planned it were supposed to play out of the country, but they're playing in Charlottesville.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it's Virginia.
Speaker 4: But man, that's Pribula. He's got his starting experience and no, no, no, kid from Zachary a whole scene. They gotta they got a quarterback battle. That's a quarterback competition, Pribula. And and that's a Virginia tech right, that's Virginia.
Speaker 3: That's Virginia.
Speaker 4: Really, Virginia thought Franklin the most experienced offensive line in the country coming back, and then he got Bailey on the Yeah, we know the previous staff had a lot of interest in and he's got you know, Thorn's been there for a long time as well.
Speaker 3: So it's that's good. That's a really good zero. Yeah, it's a good game.
Speaker 5: Oh, Virginia tex got GRUNKA Meyer. That's their Penn State backup they brought in, if I remember correctly.
Speaker 3: But who's a But he's got the Franklin.
Speaker 5: Who's James Franklin's Virginia time.
Speaker 3: I know who's the starting quarterback.
Speaker 5: It's it's Grunkhame Meyer, it is. Yeah, he brought from Penn State. I think that's kind of his.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to do three days worth of where do they play now before we start to.
Speaker 5: See, well, college is gonna be hard very yeah. Backup NFL.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I remember that guy went went there.
Speaker 4: But I mean to bring both Virginia status program to bring those two guys in. I mean, usually they don't want to their quarterbacks go transfer. You don't want to compete for a job.
Speaker 3: No, usually you go somewhere with it.
Speaker 5: You remember Rice Baker as well, he's the backup prospect he was in the mix for Lshoe and he went to North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Today. We're over here walk On's in Brooley.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow, will be at Mike Anderson's, Wednesday at Modesto on Burbank, Thursday at bally Sports the DraftKings Sports Book at Bally's Casino, and Friday over at Rafinos. Come on by and see us. It's our remote schedule for this week for Live at Lunch.
Speaker 3: And we here at Walkorn's in Boley. Want to remind you about the fantasy football packages, the bundles that they have here with the bonus cards, fifty wings, chips and q SOO two pitches of beer here at Walkorn's in brulyes you Fantasy football drafts now Live a lunch wonderful VI ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 2: Live at Lunch was at Nanny from walk Ons and Browley on one of four or five ESPN Baton Rouge.
Speaker 3: Star studied press conference today with the LSU players. Not only did Sam Levitt talk for the first time, so did Todd Benefield, the transfer safety from Boise State, and Braylan Moore uns She's starting center all with time at the podium. So uh, that's all been going on. Here in the last twenty minutes or so. I'm sure Hunt we'll have some of that. And on Matt's show this afternoon, the best wishes to Mosconova. Speedy Recovery had a an appendix problem on Friday, but I had a chance to chat with him minute this morning. Um gonna be making his way back, we hope pretty soon. So get well soon, Matt if you're if you're listening, and a lot of players to listen to today out at out at Lue. We're here at walk ONNS in Brooley again. The fantasy football packages include the Bonus Court, the bundles with the wings of chips and cases, and the bud light all here at walk ONNS and Browley. Four dozen beers over four dozen beers on tap, including your seasonal brews that you rotate in and out. So that is what's going on here. We got Monday Night Baseball Jimmy over the weekend.
Speaker 4: How about a's going to take two or three in Boston, San Diego sweep see Astros when they were they were playing their best ball during the summer, and boy, Seattle is a major disappointment getting swept at home by Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay six and oh on this road trip as they're extending their lead in the American League East, you know, to five and a half in seven games. So and good to see Bobby Wit back. But they, uh, the Royals lost two out of three. But in the White the White Socks, didn't they get did they get?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, they they came back the did you see that move? They played that extra inning game in Boston, the twelve eleven game, they short on bullpen, the guy mistakenly in the first inning makes a second.
Speaker 3: Trip to the mound. The manager oops.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's the one game they lost in that critical American League Central Indians Indians Guardians now in fourth place, in fourth place, and.
Speaker 3: Tommy Wade his first RBI in the big leagues yesterday against Boston. Have a great day, everybody. Stay tuned for Hunt one four five, ESPN Baton Rouge