Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Boys and girls, it's your boy Gave from the New World Podcast. Back with another episode here with my special guests. If you already know his face, you've seen him on the subway, You've seen him as Jim the Gentrifier. It's your boy, Tim. You know what it is when you hear that rovera in the building. Ladies and gentlemen, what up, Tim? Welcome to the New World Podcast.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your time, my brother, Yeah, thank you, man. I'm excited, man relate.
Speaker 1: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: So Tim, let's get right into it. Oh my god, just swallow the fly. What inspired you to create Subway Mania? I've watched Subway Mania, probably from its inception. I'll never forget I put my boy onto it. I think we watched the episode where y'all had to steal cage match and I believe in Harlem and.
Speaker 1: Just just walk us through it.
Speaker 4: How did that?
Speaker 2: Because that's that's creativity on crack. If you ask me, like, how'd you come up with that?
Speaker 3: You know, well, first of all, thank you, So I like, so my mom got me a w WF championship, you know, the A Doubt replica, So I had it for a little while, you know, because I graduated from school and I wanted to to do. I wanted to use it, you know what I mean. I never wanted to be a wrestler, but I was just like, yo, like you know, I love creating content, so I wanted to use that, you know what I mean. So like I had the idea like, yo, what if my boy had like he went to the corner of the train posed like the rock. But then I'm like, all right, like I have that visual, but let me let me actually like plan something. And then and then we post. The people was like okay, you know, you guys get a promo on the train, but where's the match? So I'm like, okay, like figure out on the train right right right from it was just like you know, started to go viral, just came up with new ideas like okay, like subway rumble, Subway made Yeah, so Mania two three, Okay, a ladder manch a table match, Like I just want to keep pushing and pushing and pushing and pushing and pushing and yeah about next year. It makes ten years, so Jesus right, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: It was that long.
Speaker 2: So for those for those people, listening that aren't really in tune. Tim and his friends they pretty much cosplay wrestlers and they wrestle on the train, which sounds crazy, like in New York and nothing really sounds crazy, but like if you live out in New York, GA, you look at this and you think of it, it sounds crazy. So they dressed up as wrestlers. They cosplay. He has his own belt which is fired the the subway Mania belt, and then you have the inflation title. Even that was like like coming up with that was insane. And you know he's dressed up as jay Uso. They He's had people dress up as Rollman. He also brings wrestlers, So how does how do you get the actual wrestlers to come on the train. Because you've had Jeff Hardy, You've had Zilla, You've had multiple stories, had Mike Santana when they were here for TNA Weekend, Like, how do you pull these these off?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 3: It's just like I still don't even know. Like it's like just just asking, you know what I mean, and so many people not so many people, but I've asked like some but then I'm like, like, you know, my first guest, I wanted to be like big. But yeah, the Hardys was like out of nowhere, and it was like like kind of like last minute, you know what I mean. It's like having to plan a subway media. You know. Yes, I was like, okay, we gotta work fast, and then yeah, not knowing like okay, like are they gonna hunt like they said they're gonna do it, but are they going to do it? Like you know, they're gonna back out last minute? So it's like the countdown to that. And then from there, you know, Matt and Jeff we knocked that one out the park man like I kind of way.
Speaker 2: That way crazy. I think that I think it was what Jeff's first time on the train or something.
Speaker 4: Like that I read.
Speaker 3: So that was awesome. And then then we got the TNA president, Carlos Silva, Mike Santana, we got Zella. So it's just you know, networking and just being consistent. Man, Like I've been doing this for years, and I always wanted a wrestler, like you know, somebody like a legend or you know what I mean, superstar part of subway Mania, and you know, I was waiting and waiting and waiting waiting. But this year just like this.
Speaker 2: Year is the year, Like, you know, I got on everybody wanted to wrestle on the Subway this.
Speaker 3: Year, right, Yeah, so it's like Wrestlmingia forty one. Well, first, you know, I met Triple H when I was working with Gary Vee and I was just working, like I was an editor, and like he came into the office to do business with Gary Vee, and then I just so happened to be in the office that day, and like and I just so happened to be wearing my Subway Mania shirt that day. Like I wasn't even going to go in and I had to do laundry and all I had was that blue Subway Mania team and it just worked out in the Triple ready recognize me? Yeah, Subway Yeah, you know whatever. So you know, since then, I was like, damn, like, you know, I hope your places could come on. It's been you know, two years since that video. But just the fact that he cost on me, he was cool, and you know then, you know, two years later I got the heart ease. So it's like, you know, just being consistent, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, that's consistency is definitely key in the content creating.
Speaker 1: Factor.
Speaker 2: So for those that would like to see a Subway Mania, how would they what are the protocols? I know the steps, but tell the people how the steps of you know, what day is it?
Speaker 1: Are they planned?
Speaker 2: Like once it's in advanced weeks in advance, Like you know, I follow the Subway Mania account and it's very everything is very secretive. You don't want anybody like to get the wrong information the wrong people there. So if somebody wanted to see a Subway Mania, how would they be able to go and see one?
Speaker 3: Just got to hit up the page and just keep the notifications, uh, you know on for the page. The shoots are already planned, and you know they're well coordinated, you know, me and my team, like you know, replaying everything. I already have everything in my brain. We already have the cosplays, you know what I mean. So yeah, you know it's the most organized wrestling show ever in a unpredictable setting. So that's what I'm gonna start. I'm gonna start saying that.
Speaker 2: So and it's funny because like in all these videos that when you see them behind the scenes videos, it's like there's so many people on the tracks just waiting for this it's like essentially, it's like you're paying to go see a wrestling match, Like do you have everybody's dressed up in their wrestling gear?
Speaker 1: Like people have signs?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's what you have with Subway Mania. It's it's very influential, it's very cultural. You'll never see it anywhere else, like in any other state. You know, if you want to see this in Florida's be like, yoh, you already know that's Tims. That's Tim Inns. So you've been featured in major news outlets. You've been in the New York Times, You've been on the New York Post. Shit, You've even been on Sports Illustrated, which is a a feat.
Speaker 1: Like you said, you even met Triple H. What is your what has been your?
Speaker 2: Like? I made it moment like the one that you could like hang high on your shelf, like you could just you could brag to all your friends about it, like yo, I did that and it will never be done again.
Speaker 3: I think that's that's actually a good question. I think the well, the WrestleMania forty one, like just that whole moment was just like for me amazing, Like I was laying down with wifey and watching WrestleMania, you know what I mean, Like I've always done that since I was a kid. You know, It's like WRESMA, you know, you lock in and like I'm watching it and I just see my like me.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Jamie flash off the lab.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know that I started jumping. I started screaming, like It's just like I was so hi, Bro, Like that was the best surprise, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean. I can only imagine when I seen that I had to bring it back.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was like, I know that any fucking tim w W. Yeah, That's made bro so happy.
Speaker 3: But also another another moment for me was well, you know the artist, uh you know New York Times was dope. But I feel like, you know, I'm from Harlem, so I'm born and raised, you know, in Harlem Spanish home. So for me, like being able to collaborate with Asad Rocky in twenty eighteen for Yam's Day, like that was that for me, that was just so dope because like I just started doing something with Menia around that time and we was going like viral and stuff like that, and being able to perform at the Barclay Center front of twenty thousand people, you know, with aside Rocky, like you know, celebrated games, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean, Like a New York legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like I grew up like I grew up with that, you know what I mean. So, like I was in high school, Like I remember going to high school like listening to like Fur and Rocky and I'm like, yo, I want life to go on stage with them and do something, you know what I mean, Like but I don't want to be a rapper. But then it's just like it's a full circle moment, like a few years later, like I'm on stage with them having my own segment on in the Barclay Center. I'm like what but you know, I'm cosplaying as wrestlers. But it's just like I went in there doing my own things. So that whole moment like that, Like the moment was just like so cool. I was just like bro and then like Rocky telling me like, yo.
Speaker 4: You fucking killed you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So it was just kind of like you're at that time like a whole a wholesome thing, you know, the same thing with like uh triple hs, you know what I mean. I grew up watching h I had the figures that you know, smack d versus raw, you know what I mean. So it's just like those moments where you're being recognized for you and your talent and your creativity is you know, it's an amazing feeling.
Speaker 2: That's pretty that's pretty peaked, Like I don't think you can triple is giving you the rub is. It's so you're like you're over, Like Tim is completely over the move. Like you know you said, if I'm not mistaken, you worked with the west Side Gun in them as.
Speaker 3: Well, so west Side too. That's just like the way all that just went west Side through doing the MS Day rocky mm hmmm. So we was like in the great Everybody's waiting to go on stage and then too, you know with me and the crew, and they're like, yo, you have the homies. You know, shame you had the homies. You know. I kept seeing west Side like when I tell you, like the term outside is like it's really like I was shooting with JTG and Part twenty nineteen, which is the year after the MS Day, and then I bomked into West Side going checking into his hotel. He just yo, what you're doing. Later, I was like, well, now he's like, you want to go to wile Amnia. I'm like, I did that. I was working retail, leaving work right then to the West Side in the summertime home and then you know, then the West Side the ptagorythm like yo West And then he's like, Yo, what up? Yo, Way Mania, Yo, what you're doing in this couple of months? You want to go on the tour? And I'm like, A, So it's is I'm always seeing him randomly, and you know, it's just always connected. They're rolling out with him, so you know that that's tough.
Speaker 2: And and right now, West Side Gun is definitely pushing the wrestling culture forward with Fourth Row.
Speaker 1: I'm a huge fan of.
Speaker 2: Fourth Row playing what they're doing. You know, they're they're putting their their their stars on t n A. They have the West Side Gun Day coming up at the end of this month. But it's it's dope to see all these these wrestlers and all these people and all these these rappers, you know, acknowledging Subway Mania and acknowledging the hard work you do to pivot all full of Subway Mania. Jim the Gentrifier. Where the hell did you come up with that? Because that's a funny dude, Jim the Gentrifier.
Speaker 3: Thank you man. So when did I come up with that? I came up with that, like what twenty eighteen. Again, it's just like I had these characters already in my bag. It's just about timing and yeah, man, like I just like, you know, New York, you know you got gentrification. It's just real real life stuff. Yeah, exactly, like real life stuff. So it's like it's gotta make a joke out of it, you know what I mean. So it's like for me again, like it's not just for me, Like I don't want to just post something for one joke to a juke's you know what I mean. I like to like really develop a character, you know, which is another reason why I love wrestling, Like I love character development. So you know, Jim the Gentrifier, that's like, you know, my character. So I'm actually like going to be bringing that character back and just explore more with that because like even with subway Mania, like you know, after Yams Day, I think yams Day twice twenty eighteen, no twenty nineteen, Like January twenty nineteen like you know so, and then twenty twenty like right before the pandemic, but it was January, and then I was just like okay, like what, I don't think there's anything, and I'm just keep doing it, doing it and doing it. And then it's just like, bro, like you know, I could keep milking this, like I could keep I don't want to say milking it, but it's just I could keep like pushing the envelope, you know what I mean. Yeah, and it's just like okay, like I did all of that. I collaborated with Brett Hart, which is another cool experience. You know, I did other matches and stuff like that, and then it's just like, oh shit, like you know, let me costplay as jay Us jay Us so cold saying the video. So it's just like you keep pushing yourself and you know what I mean, like keep being creative. So that's what I want to do with all my characters, and especially like Jenda Gentrifier, So like I got a lot of stuff that I could push with that character, and I got other joints to you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Would be funny if if Jim the Gentrifire actually ended up on the subway.
Speaker 3: I feel like I feel like you could probably honestly, it could probably happen.
Speaker 4: Man, anything anything can happen.
Speaker 1: With subway media.
Speaker 2: Is there any rappers or or wrestlers that you would like love to have on the on the thing on the media with you on the train?
Speaker 3: You said rappers, rappers or wrestlers. Rappers or wrestlers. Uh, I would love to bring Rocky return to favor, like yo full up to our show. Uh, West, I could pull up too, man, Like you know, I've been wanting to make that happen, you know, the whole Fourth Road, you know, wrestlers, I mean, you know, you know triple as honestly, Cody j I mean, honestly, anybody, you know what I mean, Like I'm I'm I'm here.
Speaker 4: For the open.
Speaker 1: He was like, whoever wants to come on the train.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I'm open and just got to make sense, you know what I mean, Like not of course, but I'm definitely open. Like you know, now we got the Hearties, like it's like that was the first, like great first, and then uh we got Santana. That's that's the bro. So everything literally just like one two three, you know. So yeah, I like.
Speaker 2: The way that, especially when TNA came around for Slammer Versary, the way you guys handled like that media weekend for them, Like you know you had tim I mean you had a Santana on the on the train and then you have the president of TNA on the train. Like I really as a content creator myself, like I love stuff like that, Like you're going hard because TNA is about to come to New York and go hard. So it's like essentially whenever there's anything in New York wrestling related, because we all know, like I mentioned in the previous podcast, New York is the mecca of everything, bro, Like the best wrestling shows come on here, Like we have the best wrestling schools, like hog is Elite. They put on banger shows every month.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: But yeah, just you know, it's it's it's it's a New York thing. Like what you're doing right now could only be done in New York. It cannot be done anywhere else, Like it can't be done Upstate, can't be done in California, can't be done in Texas. Now that and you know you you you do the whole Holgan character a lot, and I love the whole holding character now that he's passed away, Are you putting him to sleep?
Speaker 1: Or are we gonna bring Are you gonna keep rocking withhol.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep doing the you know, HollyHood, you know what I mean, Like that's the that's the character. It's a character, you know what I mean? And uh yeah, I feel like having my twist to it is kind of cool, like HollyHood, you know what I mean. We still got the the nw O, you know what I mean, skits that I want to pump out and I want to pump out like just more content with other cosplays and stuff like that. I mean, it's costplay, you know what I mean. Yeah, costplay macho, you know what I mean? Macho?
Speaker 1: See them on my timeline every day.
Speaker 3: The dude that does lies And there's like other people that it's like, Bro, yes, you know people still doing Hogan. You know, you know other wrestlers that you know, what.
Speaker 2: Was it, Mike say Tams Puerto Rican Weekend and the one that recently passed. You know, you were there doing the stuff and you came out and you're doing the a gaitar like I got a video you're doing the air guitar. Bro, you was hitting that ship, bro, like going you were going in You you make the content. You make the content. You have a full time job. You're one hundred percent creative one of the time. How do you find your balance? Like where's Tim's balance between? Yo, I gotta I gotta pay the bills, but yo, I got this funny ship that I got to get off, Like where's that?
Speaker 1: Where's your your zen?
Speaker 3: Oh my zo? It's just management. Less is more being, Just like if I do something tonight, day whatever, like I'll think myself tomorrow, you know what I mean. I don't like stuff. I try not to let stuff pole up and again, like just not being a perfectionist bro. Me personally, I'm I'm not a perfectionist, you know to the next tent where it's like, oh I want the logo. But like with subway Mania, Bro, you can't be a perfectionist like you gotta just it's one take. The way we shoot our stuff is one take. It is what it is. So it's like I think Subway Mania has taught me so much, like it's just like pump it out, shoot it, you'll figure it out and post. And because I edit all the stuff too, so it's like and then when I'm editing, that's also another time for me to be creative, and it's like, Okay, fuck, I didn't get the shot. Okay, what could I do? I could tell a story here through commentary or through the edit or you know what I mean. So it's just like not being a perfectionist and just again making time for for everything and making the time you know what I'm saying, Like, not being a perfectionist helps. Yeah, not being a perfectionist helps because like if you're stuck on like damn, like this has to be perfect, This has to be perfect, that's time wasting and you're never gonna push.
Speaker 4: It, you know what I'm saying, And then you're gonna get burned down.
Speaker 3: So it's just like for me, it's like listen, I'm gonna give you one and two tries that so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I just you know, human beings. So and if I need rest, I need rest, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all do.
Speaker 2: And and when it when it comes to content creation again, you know, you're you're very out there with your character. Your characters are funny that they all have an identity for the what would you be your words? Of advice for those up and coming content creators, you know, possibly in New York with any I wanted to say content in general, but more wrestling related because that's the that's the space that we're in.
Speaker 1: Like, what's here your word of advice to them?
Speaker 3: For wrestling content, I would say, you gotta stand out because I feel like right now there's so many, like you know, so many creators, especially like within wrestling, you've got people that are streaming, you got people that are doing, which is amazing. But within that, you gotta find out what makes you stand out, you know what I'm saying, So, which can be stressful, but also if you look at it, it's fun. It's like I'm gonna do I'm gonna do this. You know what I'm saying, shout welcome, you know, house muscle, you know what I'm saying. Like he's doing interviews, but he got his thing going with the house order that's his question. So it's like that's what makes him stand up. He's killing it. You know. Like his his work ethic is fantastic.
Speaker 4: Like he literally posts every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, Malcolm, really his work ethic is is amazing, and you know, and like and he does his thing to like stand out, you know what I mean. So I feel like with with wrestling, even with wrestlers, you know what I mean, Like you gotta stand out so you know, do something. If you're gonna do something, stick with it, you know what I mean. Like my first Subway Mania, I mean it, you know, it went viral, but like it was a joke, Like it was just like okay, cool, but like you know, there's one, there's some that didn't hit the way that I wanted it to. And it's just like I boom on to the next like I'm gonna keep going and keep going. I'm gona keep going. And there's so many cosplayers, but it's like I feel like when like our cosplay is different, like we stand out. So so yeah, so it's just you know, like like just finding a way to stand out. Everybody's unique in their own way. You just gotta like tap into that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I also see that I see you all the time at AHOG, like you're literally every single one.
Speaker 4: How long have you been working with them?
Speaker 1: And what do you love about Hog and the crowd?
Speaker 3: So I've been but twenty twenty eighteen yeah. But like when I first started Subway media, like Private Party, Isaiah Cassidy and my Quinn they hit me up and they were like, yo, come to the show. They wanted me to come out with them in their entrance, you know, and we did a segment with Private Party and Charles Mason. This was like so it's was twenty eighteen and from there, like, you know, I'll go to the shows. Shot at the Matt Travis you know what I'm saying, like r ip man, like that was that was the you know what Matt Travis. She always showed love, you know, like I was there way you know, Ken Broadway. You know. So we're talking about like the you know, years ago, and yeah, you know, I just would always show up. And then I'm a videographer too, you know, and I was just like let me just catch content, you know what I mean, Like yes, So it's just been awesome. And then the crowd, the h Og crowd is crazy. Like the thing I love about the h Og crowd is if you they'll they'll they'll be honest with you. So if you fire you, they're gonna show you, They're gonna show you love. Yeah you're not it they're gonna tell you. But that's that's that's what makes h O G like the show. You know what I'm saying, Like when you're in New York, you gotta hit up an h O G show. The crowd is is loudly, ruthless, you know what I'm saying. It's like to me everything you will want to add, like an indie wrestling show, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: You get to see like the last one they had Carlito, you know, Private Party pulled the Bully ray Zella. You know what I mean. You got big names, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So this is actually like my first I'm gonna keep it a book. This was my first year going to h O G. I've always heard of it.
Speaker 4: I just I and I.
Speaker 2: Couldn't see myself going to Queens like Queens a little deep, especially you know when I didn't have a car. But so this's my first year going to h OG like consistently and I ain't gonna hold you bro. This year they did a great job. The first show was the August show when Zilla debuted. I remember he was supposed to fight Mike Santanda, which would have been crazy that that match would have been crazy, and then up until now where he lost his championship against Bully Rang.
Speaker 1: Like Tim said, h Og is a vibe like.
Speaker 2: It's the hospitality is there, you know, Seawan always showing love, Brian always showing love, Red still wrestling five star matches till this day, which is which, which is incredible. And you know, like Tim said, if you're in New York, go check out. There's a million schools in New York. But there's just something different about that Hog. Crowded slaps every time. So is there any upcoming events that you may have, any Subway Manians that you have planned out coming up in the future.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's definitely more Subway Manias. We're trying to get more you know, special guests that we're in the process of that. I was say, just if you want to pop up, pop out, stay tuned. You know what I mean, it's gonna it's gonna be dope, man. We're trying to cook up like some really good guess and you know it's for the culture, man, Like you get to see, you know, maybe some of your favorite wrestlers in the Subway, which is unique, you know what I mean for.
Speaker 2: Sure, But again Like I said, what you're doing is so far bro. You're dead as bringing wrestlers to New York culture. Like they're probably never been on the train before. This is probably their first time on the train, like you never you know, So that's that's dope to see. This is they get to they get to experience what we get to live through every single day. Now, before we wrap up here, Tim, can you just leave us your social media handle where everybody can find you.
Speaker 3: Yeah there, Yeah, you can follow me at Tim Heyne Revere, Subway Mania and y C and my other channel, gym the Gentrifire. So follow me, you know what I mean. We're gonna drop more cool content.
Speaker 1: Got out to Jim the Gentrifier.
Speaker 2: All right, So last thing before we leave, we just want to leave Timill for the huge congratulations him and the love of his life dropped the announcement that they have a baby on the way and that is so dope. So from one dad to another, Dad, Tim, God bless you and your family. I hope you enjoy all of that. The prone the diapers man like soak that in. Any New dads that's listening to this podcast, you know, just appreciate everything. Appreciate the little things, Bro. The Father's Day, of the Father's Day, it's enjoy a blessing. Like I see why someone wants to be having like twelve of them, bro for real, for like they it's they expensive, but they're you know, it's it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Sopress you and your family. They got a brand new bundle of joy. And get some sleep. You definitely not going to get some sleep for sure.
Speaker 4: Telling me ready.
Speaker 3: But thank you you too, Bro for real again.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tim so again. We appreciate you. Thank you for coming to the New World podcast. This was this was dope like for me. This is a very high name on the list. You know, we've always bumped into each other. We bumped into each other fanatics, we bumped into each other, Hog and you. It's you, Malcolm and a couple other people I have on that list.
Speaker 1: I just need it.
Speaker 2: I need to check off the list for like for myself. And I appreciate you for making the time. You know, you're a very humble dude, very easy to work with. I was able to contact you in two seconds and boom, we made this happen. You know, it took some time, but we made it happen. So it's your boy. Gave him the New World podcast. Tim Rivera from Subway Mania. We signing out, Ladies and gentlemen. Another episode. Tune in, Tell your friend and tell your friend. Oh and we having a watch party. August thirty, first clash in Paris. Here in Yonkers to to two Lake Avenue. Simple motive, bruin. If you guys are in the town, pull up, it's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 1: Beverages. Kids are loud as well. We worked that into the the whole spiel, so it's gonna be a good time. It's your boy. We signing out, Tim. I appreciate you, boy,