Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy and thanks for checking out the podcast edition of the show. Do me a solid and yourself a favor by tapping that follow button. Also like and subscribe. That way you get a notification when we put out a new episode, which is every single day. So here's today's podcast. Enjoy everybody. Say hi, JB, Hi, JB Hi, JB.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: JB is joined us on the show today.
Speaker 1: Are you can be able to do it? I know you're traveling. We mentioned it yesterday. I know you're traveling this week. Are you gonna be able to do it from the road?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 4: You know, they got these little electronic gizmos that you can put in your suitcase and do it from anywhere these days.
Speaker 2: That's true, So why not?
Speaker 3: All right? Cool?
Speaker 5: Here are you going?
Speaker 2: I'm going to New Hampshire, a state I never been to.
Speaker 5: I've never been there either, but I bet it feels so good there.
Speaker 3: It's yeah.
Speaker 2: I looked at the weather report for uh this week, it's like sixty five.
Speaker 3: Degrees every day.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, and I'm going to be on some lake that's supposed to be gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never even been to the whole state, you know, so looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: I think that the entire state of New Hampshire is about the size of Waco. I mean it's small, right, But I've always trist We're just talking a few weeks ago. We have this unknown curiosity for Maine, like why do I want to go to Maine so much?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The same thing, Like you get up into that air, like I'm I'm been a Texan forever. You get up into the New England area and I just I don't know where anything is or.
Speaker 2: How far or how big or yeah, how close. It's very confusing.
Speaker 4: And and and before any of you that have New England past laugh at me, you're the same people who send me a message and go, hey, I'm going to be in Dallas. You want to grab lunch? It works, yeah, So they don't. It goes both ways. And you're going up there for a deal? Is it a boat thing?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah. I've been doing some some side work in the boating industry, which my daughter of those.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm assuming a lot of people listening don't know. My daughter is a pro wakesurfer that's surfing behind a boat, and that's introduced me to a lot of people in the industry, and I've done a few little projects here and there, working for you know, helping boat dealers and stuff.
Speaker 1: So, but I think wake. When I think wakesurfing, I think New Hampshire.
Speaker 5: That's the first thing that New Hampshire, maple syrup and leaf peeping.
Speaker 3: I really didn't know New Hampshire was the epicenter for wake.
Speaker 4: Sir, Well, it's they It just happens to be there at one of the deals.
Speaker 2: It's a big lake, you know. But yeah, there's a lake.
Speaker 4: I mean like like you'd be shocked at like probably one of the most popular states for wakesurfing, would shock you, Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are.
Speaker 5: Many places to do it.
Speaker 4: There's something about those Minnesota people like in the summer, like they are on the lake every day, like they because it's it's about a three month window for them really to be boaters and all that, and they take advantage of it. So you find a lot of those people have little lake houses and they just go there for the whole summer.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Good way to live. Yeah, actually, way to get out of there come December. Anyway, speaking of big things going on, we were talking last week a little bit, do you guys realize that the Texas Georgia game, which will probably be number one against number two, I mean, Alabama's going to play Georgia before that, but could be number one against number two. And on that same weekend is the Formula one, the US Grand Prix happening out at Circuit Circuit of the Americas. So Austin is going to be the epicenter of global sport and college sports. It's gonna be expensive.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, if you think about it, they keep expanding DKR, right, what is it now? One hundred and ten plus thousand and seventeen, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It's always this little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like we had a section, they had a section that they had a section anyway, and we get to play them Thanksgiving again, I know. Ah, but yeah, there's so much hype about it, especially because George has been on such a long good run and you know, first year Texas and the SEC all this hype. You add into it how they played against Michigan, you add into it all the arch Manning hype, which I still I kind of have a soft spot for yours because he's good, right, right, But there's this there's this fascination with the name Manning, right, so you have all that which could easily sell out every hotel in Austin. Light Georgia fans are common, right, this is they're coming. And then you do f one weekend the same thing, which sells out everything. Our airport cannot handle it. Can you imagine what that airport's going to be like on Monday going back?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: Either one of those events sends it off the rails.
Speaker 1: Maybe though maybe a lot of the football fans will go home on Sunday and then the race fans go home on Monday.
Speaker 5: They're gonna try and think that they're beating it, beaten the you know what I mean, beating the crowds by doing the same thing. They're all gonna end up at the airport at the same time. I don't think there's any way to get that many people in and out of Austin and not just be total chaos at the airport.
Speaker 1: I did a quick search of flights from Atlanta to Austin round trip, and they'll look, if you want to spend you can do it for two hundred and eighty four dollars and it will take you on Frontier Airlines twenty seven hours and forty seven minutes.
Speaker 2: You must as well drive, yeah, as well walk.
Speaker 3: Lord.
Speaker 1: I mean if when doing on Spirit it'll cost you three hundred and seventy two dollars a kidney, probably it's gonna take you twelve hours and thirty eight men.
Speaker 2: They give you an orphan too before you get take care.
Speaker 3: To bring to drop off in Austin.
Speaker 1: But if you want to go with like the real airlines, if you were will the Deltas and the Americans.
Speaker 2: And most of those Atlanta people are probably Delta regulars, right.
Speaker 1: Probably probably, Yeah, you're right. Well, let's go ahead and look at Delta. I mean you can go not these are all NonStop flights anywhere from sixteen to eighteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: And that's that's coach.
Speaker 5: That's now close. You get too, it's just gonna go up.
Speaker 4: And yeah, the hotels like I can't imagine because on f one weekend, even like a Lakina can get three four hundred dollars a night if they're staying any left you know, the holiday and Express can get five hundred a night. So your big hotels are going to be getting three grand a night.
Speaker 2: Maybe not.
Speaker 3: What's one of the fancy ones down the is it the Fairmont?
Speaker 2: Is that Fairmont would be a big pick?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wu you know, remember, I don't know if they're still doing this because they took a lot of grief. But years ago they put a minimum stay on you of three, four or five days. You couldn't just get a room for one.
Speaker 5: Night, right, I'm looking at the Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Austin for every night in October and November two, ten, one, eight nine on October seventeenth, six hundred and twelve dollars eighteenth, nineteenth, twentieth and twenty first no price listed lately. That's because it would hurt your eyes to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 4: Is it's going to be nuts And we don't know the time of that game that's to be determined.
Speaker 2: I assume this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm guessing they're going to make that a night evening game that's primetime, especially if they're still one in too.
Speaker 1: And it'll probably ESPN Game Day will probably be here for it too. Her street people are so all those guys, who's the idiot that wears the tank top.
Speaker 3: McAfee that is Pat McAfee. I can't. I can't figure out.
Speaker 1: If I really really like pets clean or if I just don't like him.
Speaker 3: I can't figure out which one I am on him.
Speaker 4: Well, while you're on the top of celebrities and the games and stuff, who keeps dipping McConaughey in oil?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I feel like it goes along with the not wearing deodorant. I don't think he washes his hair.
Speaker 2: I mean it's not he is a crazy dude.
Speaker 4: And then he's wearing that you know, that longhorned Nauga hide jacket, you know, came from a thrift shop, and he's just it's one hundred degrees out and he's still rocking it, and he just looks like someone just dipped him in a out of oil.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's our mascot now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Matthew, And I mean he's It is funny how he's managed to work his There's a lot of famous longhorns, if you think about it, there's a lot of them that could be right there on the sideline doing the pep talk. But somehow Matthew has worked his way and dipped in an oil longhorn fan.
Speaker 4: Hey, I thinks a message to Austin and I says, you know, rent your house out, maybe considered getting it on Airbnb between now and then and just do a one off rental.
Speaker 1: Would you rent your house to someone from Georgia.
Speaker 5: Family and Georgia.
Speaker 2: Look the mattress, more peaches.
Speaker 3: What the heck, honey, indoor plumbing here? Look at this.
Speaker 5: Barbecue inside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't even dipped into the what the airbnbs?
Speaker 3: And uh yeah going.
Speaker 5: I would ask my friend Tasha, who has that house right down in Barton Hills she's gonna rent for That's all she does is rented out on Airbnb. I'll see what she's renting that out for that weekend. I bet it's a ton I bet it is too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So JB, can you do another break with this? Can you hang?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, because you gotta you gotta.
Speaker 1: JB's got a real funny premise about, you know that the memorial thing that they do at every award show the people that passed away in the year over the year. JB's got a really funny angle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it bothers you the way it never bought. I used to always kind of enjoy that.
Speaker 5: Oh they died.
Speaker 4: And now as you get older, it's so it's different. So I have a hack to make the end memoriam kind of fun.
Speaker 1: All right, fun, stick around more with JB coming up. This is the Sandy Show, brought to you by our bank. We're transitioning from your bank to our is a Breeze. For more information, go to www dot r dot bank. Remember FDIC for those of the brand new listeners. My longtime radio partner and my friend JB is with us today. Is gonna be with us hopefully throughout the whole the whole week. And Tricia, JB and I had dinner a couple of weeks ago and kind of had a chick moment. Can tell you JB's been wearing I've noticed lately these really cool pants, right, And I was like, dude, where'd you get the pants?
Speaker 5: This is not the first time you've been weird about somebody's.
Speaker 1: Pants, right, And he told me the name of it and stuff, and then that that kind of spun me into the new tennis shoes thing that we were talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah last week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I happened.
Speaker 4: I was in my car running Errand's and I heard you guys talking about is this tennis shoe thing, Like, what is going on? Like, don't you just go to the sporting goods place and buy shoes and Sandy doesn't shop like that.
Speaker 1: I've become the guy that really takes my time in buying things, to the point it's paralysis by analysis. And so one Google search now every other Instagram post is tennis shoes for me.
Speaker 3: Right, you're the one that buys stuff on Instagram all the time?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what Instagram got me again? I had a delivery today and this morning early earlier. It just freaks me out. You know, I think they're almost delivering twenty four to seven now, it seems like anyway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how quickly they can get stuff to you.
Speaker 4: It's it's amazing the algorithms and how they figure out how to push your buttons. And I've made a new purchase and maybe really stupid. It wasn't crazy expensive. I'm my feet are on it right now. An he guesses, did you.
Speaker 3: Get one of those under dude?
Speaker 1: Did you get one of those under the desk bicycle things?
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 5: It's a massager in it.
Speaker 1: It's for the person that doesn't have enough room for a treadmill desk.
Speaker 5: Instead of walking a walking desk. It's a bike desk.
Speaker 3: That's not it.
Speaker 2: That's not it.
Speaker 1: COVID killed the treadmill desk, didn't that right in the gosh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what'd you get?
Speaker 2: I thought? And Instagram just gets me. And I've made some really dumb purchases. But I bought a grounding mat.
Speaker 5: I've heard of these.
Speaker 4: Right, I remember years ago hearing this theory about, you know, about how you should be barefoot in the grass at some point every day for fifteen minutes. There's electrical impulses between the earth and humans and frequencies, and it's supposed to help keep you grounded right or at the right frequency.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something about your body electricity, like gets all the dirty electricity out of your body from like stuff around you. Something like that.
Speaker 3: I got a lot of dirty electricity. You need.
Speaker 5: To lay on the mat sand.
Speaker 4: But so they do make grounding sheets so you can lay on it all night. And I was like, well, I already have the cooling mattress that I bought from Instagram Instagram, which I highly recommend.
Speaker 3: By the way, do you have the salt lamp?
Speaker 2: I do have a salt lamp.
Speaker 4: That's supposed to neutralize a lot of that electro frequencies in your home. I'm turning into more of a hippie as I get older, for sure, she's still weird. Deodorant, right, a natural dealant, well, not rock. You probably never ever heard of it because there's you're not supposed to use the otherance with aluminum in it.
Speaker 5: Right, I've known that for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I use one called Baxter if you care, right, So anyway, yeah, I'm always looking at and it's it's on the heels of my daughter. My daughter is a very healthy person, and she's a label reader, and she she doubts things, which I think is healthy, right, because we're the generation that grew up on fast food and frozen dinners, and he knows what we now. We were realizing sunscreen is bad, right, There's just a lot changing.
Speaker 1: Hot pocket was our friend growing up, and mystery meat hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many of those.
Speaker 4: But anyhow, I kept seeing these grounding sheets, grounding mat and on Instagram. They go out and they test the frequencies, like sticking it in the dirt.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've seen those hats, Tricia.
Speaker 4: And then and then they'll come put it on the same mat and show that it's the same and like, this is not a scam.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I bought one.
Speaker 1: I'm reading about them right now right improve sleep, enhanced mood, improved blood circulation, reduce inflammation, reduce stress and anxiety.
Speaker 5: Insomnia, snoring, all things for high blood pressure. Shut up, I just heard you.
Speaker 3: This is cheap, really cheap. This is a lot cheaper. So I'll get that.
Speaker 1: How long?
Speaker 5: So you just got it today?
Speaker 2: I just got it today. My feet are on it for the first time.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So when you put your feet on, do you not feel anything? Or is it just like invisible stuff?
Speaker 2: Do you feel anything? It's invisible stuff working.
Speaker 5: That's my scientific term for that's on the box, some invisible stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, well, hold on, this one's got you gotta plug it in.
Speaker 4: You plug it into the so you know how there's three prongs on your outlet and the bottom one is the round that's the ground.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't know that, son.
Speaker 5: Didn't you know that the big bottom one out of the three. Oh, I thought you said, I didn't.
Speaker 2: That's grounded. So like probably when we were kids, not everything was grounded. It would just have the two plugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we've learned through time ground and is safer anyway that so it plugs into just that bottom hole.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, it's like you're teaching a class.
Speaker 3: Wow, all right.
Speaker 4: I will report back soon and see if I feel any different. But it's man, I'm a sucker. I bought a two pag. My wife's gonna put one under her desk too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I can see it right here there.
Speaker 1: Anywhere from twenty five for the small one up to thirty five for the.
Speaker 2: Not a big expense to try to try.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, man, they'll get it to you overnight. If you can't wait to get.
Speaker 4: Grounded right now, Amazon person will ring my doorbell at seven am.
Speaker 2: Here you go get ground just to let the dogs know.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you're just joining us today, JB is with us. He's going to be with us.
Speaker 1: Try to We can't make any promises, but try to be with us for the rest of the week because he is going to be in New Hampshire doing some stuff, some work stuff there. But through the miracle of technology, he'll be able to join us and do the show all week long. So Jam and I got together recently. We were at something and he tell me about this idea that I don't think I completely understand, but it's got a funny premise and it has to do with you know, every award show they always got to tell us who died over the year, right, normally kind of towards the end of it, and they recently did it with the Emmys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just if you just watched the Emmys, what was that last weekend?
Speaker 2: Everything's a blur, but it would just happened.
Speaker 4: And you know, and I've watched this forever my whole life, right, watching these award shows, and I always kind of liked them memoriam thing.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: Maybe I mean, people must like it or they wouldn't do it right, But maybe it's because I'm in my mid fifties now.
Speaker 2: It just seems to hit a little closer to home, you know. Yeah, it just it just so I was like, oh, I don't know if I like this. I found a way to like it.
Speaker 3: But this year was jelly Roll, right, he said.
Speaker 4: Jelly Roll did a live performance during the d memoriam. That's when they put the pictures of up of everyone who's passed to the last year.
Speaker 2: This is a little bit of jelly roll.
Speaker 1: It's not okay, but we're all gonna be around. And then they put a bunch of pictures up there, mostly people that you don't know who they are.
Speaker 3: That's all insider stuff.
Speaker 4: Well, a lot of the producers, you know, cinematographers, Yeah, and you know stuff like that you may not recognize, but then you do recognize a lot of names.
Speaker 2: And so what do they do.
Speaker 4: They put a They put a picture of them that's a nice smiling picture, right. They don't put a picture of them being sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, with tube up their nose and stuff. They don't do you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: They don't show that their last day now, yeah they've down to ninety nine pounds.
Speaker 1: And yeah, the hospice nurse there, they don't show that one.
Speaker 4: It's a nice portrait and how we want to remember them right healthy and they're smiling. Here's the hack. If the in memoriam makes you too sad like it does. Mean Now, while they're showing the montage of people in their smiling portraits, turn the volume of the TV down and then play on your stereo or whatever on your phone, play this. I swear to you it feels like you're watching the intro to the Love Boat. Here, here's Bob Newhart, Shannon Dougherty, James Earl Jones, doctor Ruth, Richard Lewis, Carl Weathers.
Speaker 3: It's a great episode.
Speaker 2: This is a good episode.
Speaker 1: I that one, and you know Doc would be going after Shannon Doherty and they're.
Speaker 2: Just just do it.
Speaker 4: Just watch the montage and listen to the love and you're like, it's fine to be a great hour.
Speaker 2: And I can't wait to.
Speaker 4: See what's on Fantasy Island after that.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh that's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: That's you know, that would be a great episode if you think about it, really funny.
Speaker 5: Just Bob Newheart alone.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's funny.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 1: I will never watch an in memoriam again without thinking about that.
Speaker 4: And you're gonna pull up love Mode on like Spotify or something and turn your TV volume down and play it and.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go You're not gonna be so sad.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Oh that's funny. They gotta just do that at the at the award.
Speaker 1: Show itself, or you know, sad, Let's pretend this is a love Boat episode. That's very funny. JB's bringing the funny, bringing the funny as always.
Speaker 3: By the way, just to backtrack a little bit, you heard back from your friend Tasha.
Speaker 5: Right, yes, her house, go ahead.
Speaker 1: We were talking about how much homes are going to be renting for during the weekend of Texas against Georgia.
Speaker 5: Yep, she's looking at between five and six thousand dollars for a five night's.
Speaker 3: Day, so a thousand bucks a night.
Speaker 5: I was about a thousand bucks of nights for that weekend for her house.
Speaker 3: Which is also the F one weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, F one, big ut game weekends, right.
Speaker 3: Good for her. That'll make that mortgage payment for right for her?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but dang my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then wait and then she's probably just had two really good weekends with ACL.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, right, I mean what a month, right, October?
Speaker 2: Huge for her?
Speaker 3: Wait when is ACL? Is that before after the football game.
Speaker 5: And F one it's before the beginning of October? Right, the two weekends prior? Yeah, dang, I know, right.
Speaker 3: Oh man, we were driving that's what remember, TB.
Speaker 1: We went at that place Vic and Owls, and I was we were talking about driving through the neighborhood there.
Speaker 3: Damn. Why didn't we buy a place here in nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Instead of all those beers and cigar.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a weird segue, but we're going to go from this TV show that I just started watching and there's rumors of a reboot to Trisha mocking something I'm doing to secure our future.
Speaker 3: We'll start with the TV show.
Speaker 1: Okay, I had no idea, and I've never watched the TV show The West Wing, and I noticed why it was flipping through HBO Max that it's available there and you can binge it seven seasons.
Speaker 5: Right, it's available because it's the twenty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, And then you said, yeah, they're talking and I didn't know this. They're talking about making a reboot it right, right.
Speaker 5: So here's how it's happening. Aaron Sorkin, who's the creator of The West Wing, went to the White House last week to celebrate at twenty fifth anniversary celebration for the show, and he said it wasn't until when he was there walking around the White House that he seriously started considering a reboot. He said, he just got ideas for episodes just.
Speaker 1: Being there, right, And so I'm new to the show, I'm only three episodes in, but I read a little bit and having watched all of it, this is a show that cannot be done without Aaron Sorkin writing.
Speaker 5: Correct because he wrote it. He's the voice of it. Nobody writes, in my opinion like Aaron Sorkindek. He wrote that, and he also wrote The Newsroom, which might be also in my top three most favorite shows. His writing is unbelievable, the cleverness, the smartness, the wittiness of it. I absolutely love anything Aaron Sorkin. And he was like, yeah, he was walking around the halls of the White House going, oh my god, why didn't we ever do that? Why didn't we do that? And then he said and considering the incredible political climate right now and all the crazy things that are happened happening, He's like, they kind of would write themselves at this point. It's not like you'd have to rack his brain to come up with ideas for episodes.
Speaker 1: Learned in the first three episodes of the original West Wing. And here we are again talking about a show that's twenty or twenty five years old. How busy a place the White House is? Yeah, it's an office. Oh yeah, it's still residence, it's an office.
Speaker 5: And it's one of I believe I could be wrong on this, but I believe it's one of the first shows that did the non stop one camera shots. You know how they're constantly walking around the west wing that and then white PD Blue. Yeah, yeah, yes, which I don't. I think that totally kind of sets the tone for the pace. Well, yeah, and how busy it is. They're constantly walking and talking and people are behind them, constantly moving. They never cut away from it, So.
Speaker 1: That gives me the motivation to watch it all. With the reboot coming, that might work out well timing noise.
Speaker 5: I've thought about rewatching it and rewatching the newsroom. It's they're both just so good.
Speaker 1: All right Now to make that weird segue that I told you about for the Unwashed segue is going from one thing to another thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, so rude, you're so rude.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just sending I'm just taking our listeners, all of them into consideration.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll just blurt it out.
Speaker 1: Tis to thinks it's silly and stupid that I have been buying bars of silver and I have a new batch arriving on Monday.
Speaker 3: And I'm excited.
Speaker 5: Let me just tell you you're playing fast and loose with the word bars of silver. They're about two inches long and an inch wide bar and they're way for it. They're little like you think of bars, and you think of like a big gold bar.
Speaker 1: You're thinking of a a brick of like a gold bar. Yeah, well mine, they're considered bars. They're silver bars. And you think it's funny.
Speaker 3: And I have a new.
Speaker 5: I'm getting ready for our future. I'm saving for our future.
Speaker 3: We've got four.
Speaker 5: You got four little tiny ones that'll fit your front pocket.
Speaker 3: Three more that are going to be here on Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, I mean you're gonna have to buy all lot. They're like pieces of gum sized bars, bars of silver.
Speaker 3: Well you wait, alarm my getting hits and.
Speaker 5: A lot more packs of silver.
Speaker 3: I bet I've got more than anybody else in our neighborhood.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: We're not burying it in the backyard. We could pick up a rock and put them under and put it back down and that'd be it.
Speaker 3: They're in my safe.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know we had, right, and you were recently.
Speaker 3: Landry knows how to get at it. You don't.
Speaker 5: I bet I can figure out how to get into it.
Speaker 3: I bet you can't.
Speaker 5: I bet I can.
Speaker 3: How many chances do I have to give you? You already a safe cracker.
Speaker 5: Now you could be a safe cracker. I could figure out what your coat is or your finger whatever. I'll cut your finger right off and open that sucker if I have to.
Speaker 3: You're ridiculous.
Speaker 5: You're ridiculous with your bars of gold, silver, silver.
Speaker 3: Gold for rich people. I got the silver. We don't have gold.
Speaker 1: No, we ain't got the girl. Stay with us more coming up. Trisian's got three questions for me. We call it rapid fire, Q and A. You'll know we are officially on the record when you hear the lasers.
Speaker 3: The lasers cost us extra. So I hope you peep enjoyed the laser.
Speaker 5: Understand the importance of the lasers. It was a big part of our budget. That's why our pricevilll is so small, because we spent too much on the lasers.
Speaker 3: What's your first question?
Speaker 5: All right, Sandy, do you have a favorite chick flick, like a movie that you're embarrassed maybe for your friends to know that you like because it's a chick flick man.
Speaker 1: Let me think about that for Oh, well, you'll have to tell me if.
Speaker 3: It's chick flick or not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I just like the movie The Devil Wears Prada.
Speaker 5: Oh, total, definitely a chick click. And you like it because of Anne Hathaway, right, I do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it too.
Speaker 5: It was a great movie. Yeah, I love that movie.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I watched that, you know what I mean? You ever like watch a movie and you're like, why did I watch that? But I liked it.
Speaker 5: We had a date when you watched it.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm a friend don who that's his favorite movie. Total chick flick movie. It's Donzi dude. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay. Well, and I'm not alone. No, I'm not a fashion plate either, although I'm trying is a lot.
Speaker 5: More Amazon package. All right, Sandy, what is the worst thing you've ever been bitten by?
Speaker 3: My sister?
Speaker 5: Like a spider or a dog or a snake or something.
Speaker 1: No, my sister, man, she used to when we would fight when we were the little kids and we'd wrestle and we'd fight, she would bite me like oh she was a bier And then she would bite herself and run to my parents and say I bet her.
Speaker 5: Oh did your mom and dad fall forward? Did they know she was biting?
Speaker 1: They fell for it once, yeah, and I took a whipping for it, and then I think they figured it out after that and called her out.
Speaker 3: But Liz bite, she'll bite.
Speaker 5: She was a bitter.
Speaker 1: Oh, she's a scrapper man. Have you ever gotten a fist fight with her?
Speaker 5: You think I could take her?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 5: Wow, so am I I don't know.
Speaker 1: She's got the gene. I mean she's a fighter's Irish scrappy.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, yeah, I don't know. Now I think lizard whip you.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think she would. I feel a little insulted that she would say that. All right, Sandy, last question. This is a question. I'm very interested in your answer. At the same time very not interested in your answer. Here we go, all right. Is there something that I do or have done that makes you think less of me?
Speaker 3: You know? That's an interesting question. Yeah, because I mean it's not bad. I don't mind.
Speaker 1: But I mean, sometimes you just can't hide your hallbilly redneck ropes.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: You got some redneck in you? That just you can't help it coming out.
Speaker 5: What do you mean, like the way I talk, or it's just the.
Speaker 1: Way you're kind of rednecks in attitude?
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, for sure you got it honestly. Yeah right yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm not saying that's a bad thing. So I don't really think lesser. I do think lesser of you when you shoot the finger at people in traffic.
Speaker 5: Oh, I gotta be real, mat shoot the finger. To be honest, I think less of myself when I shoot the finger. But it's like at that point, I'm so mad I don't have control.
Speaker 1: You when I've seen you two or three times shoot the finger in traffic, and I'm like, oh, oh, I.
Speaker 5: Know it's cringey, but they clearly did something really bad. If I'm shooting the finger at him, you did it right, though, Yeah, I did it right. You did it my fingers on either side bent down, not like that. How ridiculous is that? Look when your fists, when your fingers are all balled up, it's just your fingers sticking.
Speaker 3: That's how you shoot finger.
Speaker 5: That's embarrassing. We think daughter.
Speaker 3: I taught her with a pencil, Okay, I told her.
Speaker 1: I put it between her fingers, I said, squeeze down with the outside ones around the pencil.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how you do it.
Speaker 5: That's how you do it. But you do you have to take that away from us specific situations.
Speaker 3: You the air going to take her away.
Speaker 5: We've talked about making sure she knows how to shoot the finger correctly and making sure she knows how to cuss correctly. Not that we encourage the cussing, but we don't want to be embarrassed when she starts doing it right.
Speaker 3: And if you're gonna shoot the finger.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean sometimes you just have to. You're right, they might take her away with they.
Speaker 3: Got it eventually. Yeah, we're just going to get her to.
Speaker 5: Eighteen stay voluntarily.
Speaker 1: Oh something that Tricia likes to make fun of me and I've earned it. She may change her mind and want to participate in I'll tell you what that is in just a sec. Thanks for being with us. We do appreciate it. You can text us anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. Also grab the Sandy Show podcast where you get your podcasts. So about I would say maybe a year ago I broke down and purchased the game. The video game Call of Duty. I purposely have avoid did video games because I know my personality and I am a more and more and more person I am a little if one is good, twenty is better.
Speaker 5: Addictive personality, Yes, that's the word.
Speaker 3: That's the word.
Speaker 1: I'm that guy, and I know I'm that guy, and I try very hard to control that part of me right because it's very unattractive, very.
Speaker 5: Very and walking in and it's full grown man hours upon hours playing Call of Duty.
Speaker 3: But you got to give me some credit. I haven't done that.
Speaker 5: You have you been working on it? I can see right, I.
Speaker 1: Get my work done and before I go sleep, I'll play Call of Duty for a little while. Okay, and I put a button now, Tricia, I want you to know that with a new Call of Duty update a few weeks ago, they have introduced into the game zombies.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh my god, I can't help you. Do you need my help? Zombies?
Speaker 1: Tricia loves anything to do with this. Now, you old school Call of Duty players. If zombies have been around for a while, forgive me.
Speaker 3: I'm a newbie. Okay, they're new to.
Speaker 5: Me, Sandy, Yeah, I have I'm very liam Nisan right now, I have a specialized set.
Speaker 3: Of skills, have very special life.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I can help you, oh win this game.
Speaker 3: They're pretty easy to kill because they're really slow.
Speaker 5: Do they You have to shoot them in the head, right, I think so? Yeah? You need to know because the only way the zombies died and I've got all my education from the Walking Dead. They have to be speared or shot through the brain, or else they will keep coming at you. Do you have swords or speards in your game?
Speaker 3: I can get them.
Speaker 1: Yes, there are swords Spanish, but because they can be shot too, I have shot.
Speaker 5: Them through the brain. Okay, I'm just saying they get close to you and you can't shoot. You need to have a knife or a sword. They're the undead there. They are people who have died who have come back. I'm going to need a lot of information about this so we can set up bunkers in the area where you are. You need to be up pie. They have a hard time with stairs and for some reason they can't open doors. They can't turn a doorknob.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know that right to close all the doors. I'm telling you I can help you with this.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I do feel a little bad now, I'd take that back. Shooting the zombie dogs.
Speaker 5: No, those dogs will each you. You gotta shoot the dogs. However, in The Walking Dead, the dogs I believe were immune to the zombie illness.
Speaker 3: I think there's a zombie illness.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't want to give it away for people who maybe haven't seen it yet. Well, it's been out for like fifteen years right now. All your knowledge is from watching the show, from watching all zombie I do. I finished watching what was like twelve seasons ten or twelve later, and I watched it, and then I felt sad and I missed them. So I watched a couple of spinoffs. Yeah, and I was like, no more with the spinoffs. But it's been long enough now that I'm dabbling in another spinoff. I'm getting ready to get back in it. There's a prequel which I was not aware of.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: If you want to come into my room, Yes, we have separate rooms and shoot a zombie or too, I'll let.
Speaker 5: You or I can keep and look out and when I see him coming, I can let you know. Because those suckers are tricky. They'll eat your face off. Oh I know, they got me the other night they shoot them in the head.
Speaker 3: They sneak up on you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the crafty little suckers.
Speaker 3: They sure are so good. Well, feel free to join.
Speaker 5: Me when you're like okay, all right, you let me know next time you're playing. And I'm there.
Speaker 1: She's Tricia, I'm Sandy More coming up. Well, I feel like we have shared a lot of stuff on the show today. Yeah, talked about how I until Tricia gets into the studio is.
Speaker 3: When she comes into the studio, I just start sweating.
Speaker 5: Reaction to your love.
Speaker 3: You remind me of the girl at the at the bakery.
Speaker 5: Is the forty your lover?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I go to the same bakery on the weekends and something. I normally get the same thing, and every once in a while I'll get you a what do you call it? Kalachi with fruit? I don't eat those. And the one day I didn't get one and she goes nothing for your lepper.
Speaker 5: It's a very like intimate things, buddy.
Speaker 3: What else do we share on the show today?
Speaker 5: You're uh monopoly with your silver bars.
Speaker 3: And my sister bit me when I.
Speaker 5: Was a child that your sister was a bier.
Speaker 3: Oh big time.
Speaker 5: I mean, you gotta have some I mean that going in for biting. I's desperate, you're desperate. That reminds me when our daughter Landry was at pre K. She got in trouble for biting somebody one time, and I was so embarrassing. Must be in her jeans. I feel like it's a very like dirty way to fight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, street fight there is.
Speaker 5: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: I'll bite you in a street fight, no problem at all, because you were daily audio time. All right, we're gonna get to this nutter buttered thing. They've gotten nuts. Yeah, something happened something. I mean their ads are like an acid trip. We'll get to that in just a second. But first, you know he's having problems. Arnel Panita. You know who that is?
Speaker 5: I don't know who.
Speaker 1: That's the lead singer of Journey. Oh he did you hear what happened to him? Oh listen, stay with it.
Speaker 3: Hold on.
Speaker 1: He is getting roasted. I mean he's got some his voice is damaged. Going on, he's got the same thing that they got Steve Perry singing those high notes is destroying his voice.
Speaker 3: Because I mean this, this poor guy, I mean, they plucked him out of.
Speaker 5: YouTube, right, and he sounds exactly like Steve Perry. It's incredible and that's a big shoes to fill.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're I mean, it's Steve freaking Perry, probably one of the best lead vocalist ever.
Speaker 5: How long has he been It's fifteen years, right, so it's not brand new, right, but.
Speaker 1: He's got That was his recent performance. And they're tell people are asking him to quit the band.
Speaker 5: Wow, he messes up one time and they're out, wow, yeah, keep him a break, let him heel up.
Speaker 1: A little bit. And he said if enough people text in that he will quit the band.
Speaker 5: Wow. Geez.
Speaker 1: But anyway, they're saying it's the same throat problems that Steve Perry had, So seeing those songs not easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Journey I'll kill You.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, Journey I'll kill you. I don't know if this translates to the radio or not. But the Nutter Butter social media platform, their account is just weird.
Speaker 5: Weird.
Speaker 1: Here's what one girl on TikTok said, followed by some of their posts.
Speaker 5: If you guys have not seen Nutter Butter's official account, I'm concerned nut of Butter, Are you guys okay?
Speaker 3: And then it's like a.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: They all look ho made, you know, and just bizarre.
Speaker 5: Not a single actual picture of.
Speaker 1: A Nutter butter right there there are, but they're little, weird little things. It reminds me of a couple of weeks ago when I was playing golf with my friend Phil and we were saying goodbye and just before super random, yeah, just before, you know, like he was gonna go his way and I get in my car and he goes, hey, I go yeah, he goes, you want a Nutter butter?
Speaker 3: And I was like, dude, you've had Nutterer butters this whole time.
Speaker 5: But it's such a not I mean Nutter butter. It'd be different if he's like, hey, you want a chocolate chip cookie. That's a little more common than a Nutter butter.
Speaker 3: He had them, had them.
Speaker 5: It was his parting gift to you. Yeah, very strange, as a tear rolled down as I.
Speaker 1: Hey, friends, that's it for today. Make sure that you'd like and subscribe and follow this podcast. Also follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show. Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio. Have a great day,