Speaker 1: You're listening to Bigvo Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron Tonight's story doesn't come from a researcher or a thrill seeking camper. It comes from a Navy veteran just back from service who took a snowy drive into the mountains of western North Carolina and came back changed forever. No cell phones, no internet, just a nineteen ninety three night on Mount Mitchell, a jeep, a few friends, and something waiting in the snow. Massive footprints, deer frozen in place, and the undeniable feeling that they weren't alone out there. They didn't go looking for Bigfoot, but something was already watching them. This is the story of Greg'szapp in the night the mountains went silent.
Speaker 2: Stay with us.
Speaker 1: I Big That Society. We got the privilege of talking to mister Greg Zapp today. Greg is an individual I got connected to over on the x or Twitter platform some people might know it as and we got to talking. It turns out Greg has some interesting things that have happened over the years. We're glad to have Greg on the show here and how's it going today?
Speaker 2: Greg? Very well, Jeremy, and thank you for having me. I really appreciate it absolutely, sir.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I want to make sure that we have the time for you to share what you experienced after. You know, we were just talking about we got a little blizzard coming in here in Iowa, but I think we're gonna we're gonna make it through. But you know, feel free to take take it from here, sir, and take us back to when this all started happening for you.
Speaker 2: Sure thing. I grew up in the western North Carolina Mountains, just under Mount Mitchell, and anyone familiar with the area knows they closed the parkway after probably around Halloween. They used to close it because it started getting heavy snows past the Little Switzerland all the way up to Mount Mitchell and then down on the other side going into Asheville, usually about the Weaverville where you pop off the parkway and go into Weaverville the back way. That's usually where the gate is open again, or the parkway opens up down south to Atville. My friends and I we used to love to go to Buck Creek Campground. Buck Creek Campground is right off of eighty, right off the parkway going up to Mount Mitchell. It's Carolina hemlocks that area, and it has a road at the back of the campground that goes to the Parkway. Sometimes that gate is open in winter and sometimes it's not. I haven't been there in years. I don't know what the status of it is now. When it would rain in Marion and Spruce Pond, wherever we happened to be that night, and it was thirty five thirty six degrees, we would always go up to Mount Mitchell see if we go hang out in snow. We never gave two thoughts to anything else other than seeing snow. That was our entire purpose for going up there. So we've done this several times over the years. I'd just gotten out of the military. It's March of ninety three and it was thirty four to thirty five degrees down and Marion I was visiting my friend. I wasn't quite out of the military, but I was really close and he said, as usual, let's go Mount Mitche. Let's see if can get up to the top of Mount Mitchell. Okay, no problem, We're getting his jeep. He had a CJ seven, very good at driving in the snow, because when you go to the Parkway and there's nobody there. You're the only one in and out right, so I know the whole night nobody came behind us. I'm skimming ahead. Sorry. That night we left, we went to Bucks Creek. We got there, went to the back road, got up to the parkway. The gate was open, not an issue. Got on the parkway three four inches of snow. It took us probably till ten thirty ten forty five at night. It took us about an hour to get up there from Marion. It wasn't that bad. At the top, they usually have a gate that closes off going to the welcome center and the campground because it splits off in a couple. There's the one road that goes to Mount Mitchell, one way in, one way out up to the top of Mount Mitchell from the parkway. That probably mile and a half road is where we had our whatever happened, we go all the way to the top, or excuse me, we go as far as we can before the gate right before the welcome center of the gates closed. We mess around in some snow drifts because right there is where the snow drifts come over. Goofed off, got in the jeep, came back down the hill. As we're coming down the hill, you'll I've got it marked on a GPS spot and when you take out the trees you're able to see how it was in nineteen ninety three, thirty two years ago. It's flat right off the road, but then there's an embankment that goes up, and of course the hill the mountain continues going up because you're coming down the mountain at that point. Just a little bit. We come around the right turn and there's deer, deer tracks, deer jumping around. We get out. We look at the deer tracks. Oh that's cool. It's my friend and I. He's driving. I'm in the passenger's side. We go probably a quarter mile. We see those deer deer tracks. Get out. Look that's great. Get back in the jeep. Go down again. I see more tracks, but it looks a little bit different. And I told my friend to stop, and he said, no, I'm not going to stop. It's just deer track. And he stopped. I got out, he said, I instantly turned white, trick white as a sheet. I felt. I felt immediately frozen. If I just froze, I couldn't move. I was astounded, stunned, and what was there was a huge footprint bear. There are no other tracks. Nobody knew we were going up there. It could have been a hoax, absolutely, but I'm telling you, nobody knew we were there. I didn't give a crap about Bigfoot. I never gave two thoughts to it, never, never in my life. And I can just I can still see it. So I jumped ran back to the jeep, and he said, what's wrong? Because I was telling him, googy, get out of here, to get out of here, get out of here. He said what He stopped, He got out, he went, He looked and I saw him his face he turned white, white as a sheet. He come running back in, jumped in the jeep. We took off and it took about ten seconds. Wait wait, wait, wait, somebody is messing with us. Somebody is having somebody's hoax and us. There's a ranger up here. He's you know, he's messing with us. Somebody. This can't be real. This has got to be a joke. We turned back around, We go back up to the clearing. We only went maybe one hundred yards down the road before we stopped and turn around. So we get out. We look and that whatever it was with no shoes, whose feet were eighteen inches sixteen seventeen inches long in the snow, was standing there with the deer. So we had a spotlight. He took the spotlight and went up in the tree line above us and eyes flash and I crap my pants. It was deer. But still it was kind of funny because like, oh, and it was deer, but seeing that they were still there, and I thought that, I thought that whatever was with the deer and whatever was watching over was watching us, and it was just you just got a funny, funny, funky feeling. So and looking at what the deer did. They went up one way up the embankment, but whatever was standing there watching get this so you can plainly see it goes uphill. Now, now we did go back down and grab a video camera and come back up, and I'll get to that in a minute, because we had to document the strides of how far this whatever it was, traveled, because you can't. I couldn't hoax it no matter how much I tried. The the area was a little flat, goes up a hill on up a small embankment, so it had one foot at the bottom of the embankment, its left foot was at the bottom, its right foot was in the middle of the hill, but its right foot was pointed towards the road, and its left foot was just above it, pointed towards the woods, going straight uphill. Okay, So as we looked and discovered the position of everything, we think that we were so freaking close to seeing him eye to eye when we came around the corner, because his foot was pointing at the truck coming around the corner. You know, he was watching us come around. And then he jumped one more step up on top of the embankment, and then he took off through the woods. So one at the bottom, two in the middle, one at the top. I went over probably five seven feet left of him and did my best to get up the hill. And there's a foot of snow. There's more than a foot of snow at this point, because this was an hour later and on top of Mount Mitchell. So we stayed there a pretty good while, and it snowed pretty hard. It took me eighteen steps to get up that embankment. I'm six foot two, two hundred and ten pounds, and I was a heck of an athlete. Still am I'm close to several. Yeah, I'm not a lazy person by any means. So whatever it was had zero problem climbing up that hill in three And that would have been impossible for me in the dry land if it was flat impossible for me, maybe not somebody else but me let alone and over a foot of snow. So we haul back down the mountain, grab the video camera, Grab our other friend, Jeff comes with us. We all get up there and he's thinking it's a hope. Well we're telling him the truth. Well, this is it. This is blah blah blah, blah blah. We get up there, we film it. We filmed the whole site, and it snowed a little bit. It was a little rough. I mean, this is nineteen ninety three, so it's not you know, four K ultra vision. But my friend has downloaded that to Google and you get a sense of you can see where it went up the hill and went up to the embankment and how big the size of the prince were compared to my shoe. And I was wearing a size twelve boot at the time, and it just was one and a half the size of mine. Five distinct toes huge man. It was huge, and it sank all the way down. You know, I did not even at two ten, two twenty. I didn't sink all the way down, but it did. We filmed it and put it on Google. Forgot about it. My friend found the tape after his mother passed, found it in the garage, and ever since then I've been fascinated with it. I never gave it two seconds salt. It's just not been my thing. But ever since then, I can't help but think how to this we came to seeing one and how it really changed changed my view on a lot of things. But it was pretty cool. Either somebody pulled a really good hopes or we saw something up there that was unexplainable at the time.
Speaker 1: Wow, Greg, that is man. It's one of those stories where it's like it's so so close, man, But it sounded like it really did change the rest of your life. Did you did you get involved with trying to go out again and have another close encounter after this at all?
Speaker 2: Well? I sure did. As long as I was in the area, I always would go to Mount Mitchell. That's where I proposed to my wife. I would always ride my motorcycle up there. It's just a really special place because there's nobody around for miles. Well, what you don't understand is when you get to Mount Mitchell there are no businesses, there are no homes, there are no streets, there are no turns, there are no lights, none of that, and it's completely shut off in the winter, so there's nothing there. And it racked my brain on who or what could that do. Now we did in the summertime, we went back up to speak to a ranger and I said, Hey, have you ever had And I asked him just a roundabout question, you know, and I said, we came up here in the winter and saw something rather questionable. And he kind of looked at us kind of funny, like, what do you mean questionable? And I said, well, you know, we just saw tracks and he said really big tracks and I said yeah, and he just kind of chuckled and didn't say anything else about it. I I've never had another experience. I've never come close. I've never heard anything. You know, I never did before, I never did after, but I certainly do look listen and you know, Thinker Thunker is one of my He's one of my one of the guys that I love to listen to his reason and his logic and how he breaks it down. And I've always had something of that nature in me. And we actually have a friend who says, if he ever sees bigfoot, he's gonna shoot him, and I said, if you shoot him, I'm gonna shoot you. And we kind of go back and forth at it, but we thought it'd be a good reality show to take him out and see if we couldn't find one. But uh, you know, it's it's something that I just believe as wholeheartedly as there we don't know everything that's on this place, and that's very I don't know, that's very grandiose if we think we know everything that's going on. So I try and leave an open mind and who knows what's out there?
Speaker 1: Oh, I agree one hundred percent. You know, you always see the reports of what new animals are discovered in the year and all the things down the rainforest, and I don't think it's out of the question to, you know, think we've got something in North America as well that we still haven't got down yet. That that's what my hope is. But is this footage available to watch anywhere?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm one hundred percent sure I can get it for my friend. I mean he he did download it to Google Drive and he sent it to me. Okay, I since moved and let me look real quick because I might have it if I can, I could just you know, you know, I did Google Earth the location and you can certainly see what I'm talking about where we come around the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty cool. Sometimes. You know, people I talked to they have they actually have, you know, a video, and I've started to actually put it in some of them our recent episodes. I mean, if if it's something where you would be up for that, or if not, that's that's fine too.
Speaker 2: I can always just yeah, I would be Yeah, I got zero problem doing that. That would be I think that'd be really cool. Yeah, yeah, totally yeah. I can tell him to send that to me right now. Actually, I just get him on sure.
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard anyone else in that Mount Mitchell area having interactions or seeing weird things like what happened to you guys?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's uh, it's pretty much. Uh. In Bakersville towards the Rhone, they have the same thing and people are a lot of people are putting up their their their trop cam's or ring footage, you know, and they're getting some really funky stuff in the woods at night. The the closest one that we have here is Little Switzerland and fire Tower Road. They have a couple of people that have been there for generations, you know, a few hundred a couple of hundred years probably, And this guy swears up and down that bigfoot comes up, takes his food, takes his trash, runs through it because of what he does. And it's pretty funny because it's it's something that I could I could get behind here and the guy speak, you know, I'm just thinking, yeah, I can see this, and and you do get a lot of questionable footage as what as to what that is? People hunting? The big one is the North Carolina hunter and Thanksgiving. I'm sure you've you've had to have seen this footage. But he's in a tree stand and one comes underneath him. And he's in Bakerfield, which is seven eight miles away from us, and it's crazy what went right underneath him, huge and hooping like a like an owl, excuse me, like a monkey.
Speaker 1: I believe I know the one you're talking about. So do you know the indi sedule that was involved with that, or just it's one that.
Speaker 2: Gets past it. I do not. Yeah, it's just one that gets past I know. I know several people that claim they have it on their their ring cam, and it's just you gotta you gotta wonder what's what's out there because anything is possible.
Speaker 1: So oh so I just kind of realize what you said. So you know actual people that have the like the ring cam where you just have it on your back door and they've captured stuff. Yes, oh man, that's not stude. I wonder if a ring cam has I R.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm trying to think somebody else said the reason what it was here and over what I've heard, and I'm not sure which one is which, but it seems to be somewhat true. The they have a trouble or excuse me, they don't have a problem seeing infra red light. But a man in Texas was with a sniperscope inside of his house and he said every time he was inside using his scope and using IR he could see him, but when he went outside he couldn't. And he thinks that they have some they have somewhere of detecting what light. I don't know. I think anything is possible at this point. It's it's just blowing my mind. And I've vacationed in Siberia, traveled there several times, lived in Japan, and they just know it's a it's a fact. It's just something that lives out in the wild, the wild man, and it's you you want to talk about. They talk about the Almaski. That's him. Yeah, yeah, they they yeah, they don't have any problems saying, yeah, we know it is we leave alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I h this is years and years ago. I interviewed a lady, her name is Jackie Talks. She's a researcher from the UK, and she would go to that area, you know, Siberia and Russia and looking for the Almasti and it was so funny that the farmers were just like totally confused. They were like, why are you guys spending all this time and money looking for something that obviously exists and we see it all the time. It was just the craziest thing to them. So I thought that was the coolest thing ever. But yeah, it's good to show you perspective. But when you're in some of these areas like Siberia or Japan, So you were talking to people over there like, Okay, what kind of weird stuff you guys got over here or things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely absolutely, And I'm a cold and snow guy. I've always been a cold and snow guy, which is why we would go up to Mount Mitchell. It was never about Bigfoot or anything else. It was just cold snow. So one of my places I've always wanted to go to Siberia, and when I got there, I had already had my incident. So I asked around when I was there, Greg, everyone knows this exists. Why you ask, you know, the common knowledge like, not even a big deal.
Speaker 1: Wow, was there any any conversation like that over in Japan at all? Any any weirdness?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, you know, Japan doesn't. They don't have I think that's one of the few places that does not have some kind of forced giant, but they still have the Kappa, which is this extreme. I don't know how to I don't know how to describe it, but it's it's a it's a weird animal sprite kind of I don't know, man, I've never had any of those experiences.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you forget them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but I never heard of big foot or anything like that being in Ja man.
Speaker 1: I think uh, I think turtle sprite is probably a good way to put it. It's it's a weird it's a weird crypt I remember reading and seeing about it in Lauren Coleman's museum out in Maine, and there's some weird stuff.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Listeners can can do some research check that out if you want. But it's it's interesting Japanese crypti culture is is a interesting time. But you know, based off of.
Speaker 2: This.
Speaker 1: Okay, so a few things this area, this Mount Mitchell area. First off, was it was it hit pretty hard by the hurricane that went through a few years ago.
Speaker 2: I would imagine six months ago. Yeah, I would imagine it was yeah, oh my goodness, it was last September. Yeah, so it's I would imagine they got hit. But man, that place gets stormed all the time. So it's it's nothing new for Mount Mitchell. But there's not many people up there. I think actually it was worse at lower lower elevation. I don't know, I could be wrong, but it's the perfect place for one to be if you think about it, in the area. You were in the area I am where I am. It's it's the only place where there isn't a population of people anywhere. There's nobody there, you know. It's that's what gets me, is is is the fact there's no one around and nobody knew we were going there that night. We didn't even know we were going there that night and that happened. It's it's it's just confusing.
Speaker 1: Are there any any stories or legends that get passed down in this area about them? Do you think this is a creature that's been seen for for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you go back and look in North Carolina in this area since the nineteen early nineteen seventies. One one lady here in Bakersville, which is the next town over I mentioned before, same things, she saw one through her backyard and for about a couple of weeks there in nineteen I don't know what year it was, seventy one, seventy two. There were a lot of sightings in Bakersville, like there was one that was just you know, walking around. But it's sporadic at best. And I always thought the best place to have it, do do a recrin and do a research would be Mount Mitchell because there's just nothing there. But you know, you've got to stay in the winter time, get special permits and be allowed to stay there and camp there for a couple of weeks because you're not just going to walk up on something. It has to find you. You're not gonna we're not gonna find get you know, we all know if it's gonna find you, it'll find you. But I'm not gonna be able to track something down like that. There's no way, no.
Speaker 1: I I agree with you. You know, people think that they're gonna do some some sneaking up on it. You're gonna the moment that you're in that area, like it's it already knows already.
Speaker 2: It knows, it knows. It's It's very interesting to see how many they have the Bigfoot Festival and Marion every year. I think that's coming up in May, uh and they they always have that, and my friends have We've talked about it for years, about telling our story, but I don't. I don't tell many people. I just don't. You know, that's not I tell a few people, few of my good friends know, and a lot of my good friends don't because I don't. It's not that I'm embarrassed. I just didn't. It was tough to tell people because they instantly think you're pulling their leg or you're full of crap, you know, and it's just it's I don't need that attention. It's kind of it's unsettling to realize there's something there that could snap me in half. And I'm just I don't know. He's just I was really yeah, I was freakiously aware in my I still to this day, my hair stands up and I can remember it instantly, you know. It's it's something that you don't forget. I never want to.
Speaker 1: Did you guys send in a report to the BFRO.
Speaker 2: My buddy did. He gave the same report to the North Carolina Bigfoot Researchers and he sent it to me. He said, hey, here's what I wrote. And you know, we've never collaborated or collaborated or told stories. It's everybody, all four of us have the version, and it's just it's pretty cool to hear them tell their side of the story because from what they saw, their perspective, you know, we all had that different view. But Marty made us take him up there the next day and we took him up there and showed him and he was completely blown away because the tracks were still there and nothing left, you know, and the snow stopped, so it was preserved for quite some time.
Speaker 1: It's there's some intro. It's very so this is such a cool example of I love it when there's a person I'm talking to but then there's a report, but the report is from a different person in the same party. It is so cool just because there's different ways of looking at things, and sometimes there's other details. For example, you know, he does call out the length of the tracks are about fourteen inches long, but also is seven inches wide, which is a really interesting detail for him to throw in.
Speaker 2: Interesting. Well, so you're looking at it right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it right. So the years, the years have grown, the fish has gotten bigger, would I say, like sixteen or sixteen or seventeen inches?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, and that's I don't think, you know.
Speaker 2: It could have been dependent upon a track as well. I mean, a different track of different spot, snow melt, several issues.
Speaker 1: And that's the thing is, it's like, you know, I've I've experienced this myself personally, like just being out in Oregon because I didn't make notes like I can't. I found tracks way out in the woods, and I would have to say they were either fifteen or sixteen inches. I can't say one hundred percent because I didn't write it down.
Speaker 2: And that was just this last July. So wow.
Speaker 1: Another cool thing is that he does say that the four wheeling in a jeep, no one in the vehicle had a drop to drink anytime that evening, which is that's actually a super huge detail.
Speaker 2: So I couldn't. I couldn't be a part of any drugs or any type of none of that. And my mother was hit by a drunk driver. I never drank and drive never. I still don't drink to this day. I just don't.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry to hear that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's it's funny how you mentioned what you had said to the the ranger, because you know, I hear you hear just different versions of that. But it's almost like the guy is saying in his mind, you know, come come back when I'm retired. You know, we'll have a chat, because you would have You wouldn't even believe the stuff that I've experienced and heard up up here.
Speaker 2: But I can only imagine I let those guys see all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 1: When after the hurricane happened. This is just off to the side. I don't even know if I'll leave this in But did you did you hear any any stories going around of people having sightings after the hurricane hit up there?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's something I joking once in a while, because I did have someone reach out to me once. I used to do a call in show and actually it was weird, man. They reached They reached out during the call in show and they were sharing about how they had left their house and there was there were like these volunteers that come in to try to help out. They weren't there the homeowners, and they were finding all sorts of stuff. And then as she's sharing all this, the phone gets disconnected and I couldn't get back in touch with her.
Speaker 2: I was like that kind of.
Speaker 1: Thing, That kind of thing makes you wonder. It happens a lot to me. Actually, yeah, it's it's pretty wild stuff. So this Mount Mitchell, when you say that there's a lot of space up there where just people aren't around, can you give us a rough estimate as like how much of an area is it where there's just not people out there, and it's a perfect spot for this guy to be up there.
Speaker 2: You go from you go from about thirty eight hundred feet thirty six thirty seven hundred feet just above the little Switzerland to where they they close it off. From there, nobody, no business is four thirty five forty miles up to the top. And if you continued on and went down the other side, you're looking again at another twenty twenty five miles, So it would probably be fifty five sixty miles of nothing on a one way in, one way out road right, just one road. There are no branches, there are no other sub roads except for the occasional fire road. And that's the state park. So I don't know the exact square mileage of that state park. But nobody's there, No businesses, no homes, nothing, it's not allowed. Man.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's the kind of thing that makes you wonder, because, yeah, okay, you got like forty fifty miles. That's a nice little east of land, especially for the East Coast, where something could.
Speaker 2: Just hang out and not have to unprotected.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially since you're saying it's a one way in, one way out road, so very easy to keep an eye on.
Speaker 2: For sure. I really think it would be worth the worth the effort to to have some type of reconnaissance or show up in up at Mount Mitchell and just have you know, the ability to stay there for a couple of weeks. I think you could get a really good, surprising result. It's not a well known place. People don't really go looking forward up there, that kind of thing, So you know, the less it's sought after, I guess maybe the better off it is remaining hidden. I don't know. It's kind of a twenty.
Speaker 1: Two Yeah, that's the thing. I mean, it's it can get so interesting because it's like as humans and I guess I'm just speaking for myself, I mean, we have that curiosity if there is you know, living in a culture where we have so much information and we think we have all the information in the world, and then if you find out no, there's this big thing where you guys have no idea what's going on. I think it just it just eats at us as a culture and we're like, no, we have to know exactly what's going on. And then another side you have to think is it really the best for whatever is going on. If we go in there and mess it up, I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little I would be a little weary of doing that. Just just do to why mess up his home? Yeah? I mean if it is and this is a species, I think why he doesn't of that? You know, I can let it exist without having that issue, But it's something I'd love to see and I'd love to get more into.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the other individuals that other individuals that were with you in the jeep, did this affect them at all? Either? Did they start becoming really interested in the subject or not so much?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They do. And we still, you know, we still talk about it and make jokes about it and send bigfoot stuff to each other all the time. It's funny, but you know, we we all have our own lives. We lead our lives. But still none of us stopped everything and became a complete, you know, big pootoholic. But we certainly have, yeah, the ability to turn it on and listen and be aware of other stories and encounters because it makes it all tells a story when you start putting them all together, that this many people can't be in on something like that. It's just it's too convenient. Oh, it's too easy.
Speaker 1: In this kind of show, you know, it will it will bring out other people that have had things happen. And the way that you're talking about this area like there have been other people that have had stuff happen. I guarantee it, like it is just an absolutely area.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that you've you've played over that night a lot over the years. You probably you know, thought of it a few times. Is there if you could go back to that that time, is there anything that you would choose to do differently or have things play out as as they did?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, I went up when I went up the embankment, I've followed through the woods a little bit. I went through I don't know, maybe twenty five thirty feet and I can still see the light from the jeep down at the ball them. But it stepped, it took one step, and then it cleared a branch that was about four feet high and it was three or four feet on the on the other side of it, you know, and I had to go under it, and I just remember looking up at the trees and the snow was cleared eight feet now whether or not it was using its hands when it was walking through or its head or whatever the case was. I just thought, man, I really don't need What am I going to do? What am I going to do if I stop and see it, you know, crap my pants and then what's going to happen then? So I didn't have to ride home with that? Yeah, I can't think of anything else I would do different other than I wish. I just really part of me wants, part of me wants to go back and just arrived five seconds earlier with the lights off and bang, turn them on and see what he looked like. Just see what it look like, you know, just was it white? Was it dark? Brown? Was it red? Was it black? Was he you know? What was he? Because he lives up on the mountain Mitche when it snows all the time. Did he have whiter skin or whiter hair, grayer hair, whatever the case may be. It's It's something I would love to have seen. Maybe it would have affected me different.
Speaker 1: The cool thing is that you are still going up there at different times of the year. When you're up there, do you ever hear any noises that don't belong or smell anything of the ordinary when you're up there.
Speaker 2: I know I don't. And the only few times that I've really stopped and you know, listened, I think to myself, am I doing this? Am I wanting something? Am I wanting to hear something? Am I going to make up in my mind that I did hear something this time? You know what I mean? Because it was so full fetched for us to see anything like that whatsoever. The odds are just through the room that that would happen. And it's yeah, I I want to say, yeah, I grew something, but I've never I never have never seen anything, never even come closed, never heard anything. It's crazy. It's just that one time and boom been looking ever since.
Speaker 1: The really cool thing though about this, this whole thing, is that you do have footage of what happened. It sounds like and and so often you know people that share their encounters, it's just it's just a memory they have. But you have something tangible, if it's still you know, uh, it's if it still exists. You have something tangible that that he does.
Speaker 2: He's going to send it. You were there, so I'll email it to you. Yeah, so make sure you send me an email and I'll email it to you. Sure. Yeah, absolutely, yeah, that was that, you know, that was the tale to sign because he said, my friend said, nobody's gonna believe us. We got to go home and get the video camera. We got to go get the video camera. We got to go get the video and he loved camera. So bang we went go. Now instantly we went down so fast and that it was raining by the time we got the buck Creek, so we were able to make it down the mountain pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Man, that would be very interesting. Uh, I'll get you that information so we can hopefully you'll be able to get sent over and then maybe we can even put it in this this video. We'll see if I can get all the text stuff to work out. But Greg, it's been it's been a real fun time chatting with you. I want to make sure is there anything else that you wanted to to to share or make sure you share before we we finished out our conversation today.
Speaker 2: Nothing I can think of, Nothing I can think of. I just if you're out and about, just stay alert, stay vigilant, and I think if you do come across something, I really believe it has the ability to to know our intentions and know our thoughts and I've always I've always kept a happy mind on those trails so that you know there's no issue, and I don't. I make sure I'm not invading someone else's space. It's to be respectful, right, no matter what it is, you can at least be respectful.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Well, thank you so much for chatting.
Speaker 2: It's been with you. I appreciate it. Jeremie, you have yourself a great day, sir.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you truly for listening to this episode of the big Foot Society podcast. Greg's story is one of those rare encounters that sticks with you, not just because of what was found in the snow, but because of how close it came to being something more huge. Thanks to Greg for sharing his memories from that chilling night on Mount Mitchell, and for reminding us that sometimes the unexplained finds you when you least expect it. If you enjoyed this conversation, please subscribe on YouTube to us hit That so you don't miss any new episodes, and share this one with a friend who's into Bigfoot, Appalachia or just good old fashioned mystery. If you're listening on Apple podcasts or Spotify. Make sure you're following the show and if you'd be willing to leave a review, it really helps more folks find us.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: If you are someone you know has had a Bigfoot encounter, especially in western North Carolina around places like Buck Creek, Little Switzerland, Bakersville, or anywhere near Mount Mitchell, I'd love to hear from you. Shoot me an email at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com and let's talk. Also, don't forget Sasquatch Summerfest is coming up July eleven through twelfth at Greenwaters Park in Oakridge, Oregon. Bigfoot Society listeners can grab a two day pass for the price of one with code BFS at checkout Huge Thanks to Priscilla for making that happen. Tickets are available now at www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com. Thanks again for being part of the Bigfoot Society, and until next time, keep your eyes open, trust your gut, and never stop asking what else might be out there just to see you in the woods.