Speaker 1: Do you want to start off with your story, Jenny the Minnesota Goodbye about the DM that you got, Go ahead and give us a story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I just got a random DM last night that I opened, and I'm just opening up the image of it so I can read it directly.
Speaker 1: To flashlight by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well I wanted to see you better. Yeah, that's why turning that off. It says, Hi Jenny, I was wondering if you'd like to make some money with me. I would love for you to take a ship as I watch. I would pay you one thousand dollars and all you have to do is that I am local to the Twin City, So let me know if that works for you. So anyways, when are you going to meet him? I don't know, you're disgusting. I don't know if I just open like what it's the phrase a bag of cats or what is.
Speaker 3: The bag of cats?
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's not it bag can of worms? But I like bag of cats. Okay, I don't know if I just opened a can of worms. Because we did a bit on the show the other day about creepy dms or not that I've received, and I did say one where it's like, can I shit on your chest? And so now I feel like this person is trolling me or they really do think that I would be into that.
Speaker 1: Somebody would do it for one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: We are somebody. Oh yeah, I'm sure people would do it. I just it's a no for me. Dog, it's a no. I think that's so gross.
Speaker 1: Isn't okay? Well it is gross, but isn't it funny? I love how fascinating sex can be in that everybody, almost without fail, enjoys it in different ways. And you look around your office, or you look up and down your block, or you look at your kids teacher and you don't know what they are into. This could be your kid's teacher and that doesn't make them a bad person at all. That's just that's their kink. And but the rest of us look at that and go, oh oh, but that is the thing about You look at everybody, and they all have things that they like and that they don't like. And some people would be like, oh, that's like, let's just take make up a spicy act. In your mind might go that's disgusting. Another buddy, somebody else may be like, just fucking do it. Yeah, just fucking do it.
Speaker 2: So I agree, but I'm not going to be taking a ship for anyone. And please don't DM me things like that. If you are listening right now and you're into that, I'm not doing it.
Speaker 1: Can I watch you cut your hair? I mean, I'm just suggestions.
Speaker 2: I've taken video yesterday because I got my hair done.
Speaker 1: There are kinks where. I saw this online the other day. It was on the Apple News app, but it was basically sex workers reveal the strangest things that people have wanted them to do. And I didn't read the whole thing, but one of them was he just wanted to watch you or eat pizza. Oh, because for whatever reason that that's great.
Speaker 3: I would love that.
Speaker 1: So somebody, you like Bailey, I just want to watch you eat pizza. He had, like, you know, a thousand dollars for it.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, heck, yeah, give me. Can I get Rectangle because that's the best. Pizza is so good.
Speaker 1: Rectangle is a brand, yeah, or it's a.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Is a restaurant w R E c K. Rectangle would a big ironic if they their pizza into triangles.
Speaker 3: It would be, it'd be so ironic.
Speaker 1: All Right, wan Eat is here with her weekly rant one Nita, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Hey y'all. Hey, So this week's rant is about people who talk too much. So a couple of the managers had took a couple of employees and some supervisors. We all went out and we had lunch. So now there's this one particular manager. I swear to god, she talks. She literally talks too fucking much. You literally have to walk away from her in order to end the conversation. I really think that she's still she's still standing there talking even though you walked away. So we're at the restaurant and we sit down, then we order our food. Our food comes out, so while we're eating, and then she asked me, She goes, so, Waneda, how do you like living out there and andover? This is the sart of my conversation? Well, I've been living an andover for about and that was it. From that moment on, she took over the fucking conversation. She started talking how andover came up. She remembered that it was nothing but just a farm field, and how it's how it's been built and how nice it looks now. It's like, bitch, you asked me the question. Shut the fuck up. I mean literally, everybody was damn near done eating their food, and this bitch was still sitting there with the fork in her hand, with a piece of food still sitting on her where she couldn't even eat the food because she was talking so goddamn much. God, that pisses me the fuck off. Well that's my rant for this week. I love you guys, bye, I love you back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all know someone like that for sure.
Speaker 1: Yep, I'm gonna tell you that.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 1: I don't think I ever told this story. So there was a guy who ran a radio service and it was when I say radio service, it was like Dave's dirt. So you would get this via your computer, and you learned never to get on the phone with this guy. And the entire industry knew don't get on the phone with this guy because this guy will not stop literally you, I mean, he would go on for hours if you let him. And he was nice, but he was clueless that way. So I answer the phone one day because they're like, Dave Ryan call on line six, Dave Ryan call, and this is here, and it's I answered the phone, not knowing who it was, and it's this guy. Oh no, hey, Dave, it's Bob. And I said right away, Bob, I do not have time. I am so sorry. I'm so busy. I do not have any time to talk to you right now. He's like, and we're calling to give you an award. We're live on the radio right now and you have won the Broadcaster of the month and you get a thousand dollars whatever it was. Yeah, and I felt like.
Speaker 3: Shit, like not this guy again.
Speaker 1: And then I had to be like, oh, Bob, what an honor. That is so great, thank you so much. But it was somebody who you definitely like. When you got the call from them, You're like, no, I can't. We all know somebody like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we all do, ok, is there and listen and just sit. So then it does give you some time to, you know, not speak ever, to not speak right right. I mean, we all talk a lot so well.
Speaker 1: I think we have the self awareness to know when to stop. I love telling the story. It was a friend of mine who used to go to an Asian restaurant, one of those little mom and pop Asian restaurants where there's always a little Asian kid doing her homework in the front booth, you know what I'm talking about. And mom and dad are hard working back in the kitchen and she's like unsupervised doing her homework in the front booth. Anyway, So a friend of mine would go there. They love the food, but the woman who owned it would come and sit in their booth and talk to them while they ate. Oh no, and she had to stop going because this woman was so unself aware that she didn't realize, we're not here to visit with you, We're here to spend time with each other or just relax and have a quiet dinner. So they had to stop going. Somebody didn't know. All right, here we go, Dave, Jenny Bay Levant, and I love you all so much from CALLI been listening to the Morning Show since fourth grade back in two thousand, but this new past fall to the Minnesota Bye. I'm not caught up all the way, so I don't know if you've got the same advice before, But in regards to your dog Bernie, if you're not opposed to it, you could try moving his kennel into your room so he's sleeping with you but not with you. This significantly helped our dog as we kennel trained her. She actually has four kennels around the house, one of the bedroom, one of my husband's worked from home office, one in the kitchen, and one downstairs. This way, no matter what, she's part of the family action, even if she's in the kennel. Hope that helps, all right, dart lick, dart lick, And I would like a staff writer sticker if possible, so I will send that to her. We definitely have had better luck last night Bernie, who gets in his kennel and barks at night. We've given the calming treats. We've put him in a little bit early, and then kind of talked him through it, like Bernie, it's okay. As we sit in the living room. Last night, he did a whole lot better. Ok again, But Susan does not want him upstairs. To get the kennel upstairs in my room would mean he would have to learn to climb the stairs. Dog doesn't. It's weird. He doesn't know how to climb stairs. He doesn't. Yeah, I mean some dogs you think instinctively no and they downstairs, but not this dog.
Speaker 3: Weird, That is weird. I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: I mean, you see dogs that get older and they know that they can't do the stairs, but I've never seen like a younger doge.
Speaker 1: I could train him to do it. I mean the trainer came by the other day and said, basically, you put a treat on the next step and then a treat on the next step and they'll eventually figure it out. But I think he's he's a shy dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be more just like scared than not being capable.
Speaker 3: Obviously.
Speaker 1: The great thing is for being a shy dog, he's not a shaky, nervous, anxiety dog. He's chill a f I was telling Bailey that Susan's really fallen in love with him. And he's about the size of a small German Shepherd. He's not a big boy, but he's also you know, he's not a lap dog. But he gets up on the couch and last night he was sitting on the couch and decided to put his chin on the the couch and he was just sitting there like with his eyes closed while I scratched it with his chin on the back of the couch. It was just so cute. That is cute next one, Let's see what we got here. This is from Secretary Pre. Thanks for letting me swing by today's blast, hanging out with you for my two month off pain meds, one year of being Secretary PRI and pretending I was cool enough to be in the presence of actual professionals. I had so many hilarious and insightful things to say, but alas I didn't want to interrupt, or I got shy, or my mic was offered, Dave just didn't ask me. It's probably for the best, though I can keep you wondering why I can write a funny email but don't make you laugh much in person. Well, I don't think we're meant to shut you out. I just think that we didn't know that you had anything to say. And the worst thing to do ever on the radio is to go to somebody and say, what do you think, pri? Buh God, I don't know. And trust me, I've been doing this for years and years and years, and I know that unless you know that person is a performer and they'll have something to say, don't go to them and ask them to say something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so if they put their finger on their nose and they're like, I have a thing to say if I do to you. But I never explained that that's what I meant when I never know?
Speaker 1: No, is it your cue?
Speaker 3: You know that either?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, if I do this, it means I'm gonna insert something occasion or eventually. Okay, I never explained that to anybody. Well, it's it never occurred.
Speaker 3: To me, Brie.
Speaker 1: Also, we don't really put a lot of guests on the show because it confuses people because they don't know your voice and people will be like, who who is that? So But I'm really glad you came by, she said. I want to answer some questions from yesterday. What job could I never do? I could never survive as a teacher, especially not with small children. Besides my sailor level vocabulary, irrational fear of vomit, and patience levels comparable to a grimlin with blow of blood sugar, I'd last about fourteen minutes. Also, please forgive me for forgetting your Father's Day gift. I swear it's not a manipulative move to guarantee I get invited back, although full transparency, I plan on coming back anyway. You didn't have to give me a Father's Day gift. But I think that is very sweet that she has told me. If I remember right, she didn't have much of a father, so she maybe said something close to you're the closest thing to a father in my life, which is very sweet. I just love that. Let's see. Thanks for the laughs and good vibes and the tiny brush with local stardom. Talk soon and love Secretary Brie. Oh, okay, next one. I know Bailey and Jenny and recently are recently single, and I am forty two. Yes, forty two, there's also single. I've had one serious boyfriend my life. I was a slut in college and afterwards for a few years, and now I'm alone forever. I know everyone is so obsessed with finding someone, and there's such a stigma to being alone, especially over forty. I went on Hinge for the eighty ninth time, but the first time in maybe a year, I matched with someone. He was cute, no kids, seemed to have his stuff together, and he asked me if you could text me via the app. Totally fine. Then all of his messages seemed to turn very generic ai automated, and at one point I called him out on being weird and he goes, my system must be down. Your system. I immediately knew it was a bot or a stranger from Nigeria trying to take advantage of me in the four dollars I have in my bank account. Long story short, it was a bad time. Long story short, b safe, Liz writes in, and Liz sayshah, good morning. I have a hot take about Anna that wrote in from the six twenty four truck not a toy podcast, not saying she does this, but she's taking two spots, oh, because she said she takes up like four spots with her truck. Ye. If she's taken up two spots because you're f three, fifty or whatever's too big and asking people not to park by her, I hope she's parking in the back of a lot. No one will park by her. If she's in the back a lot and has all the space in the need to world to open the doors for the kids, it is just rude taking up two spots in the closer spots, or being pissed that she can and open her doors. That would be on her Okay, rant done. I would agree, and I just gave her the benefit of the doubt. She's parking way in the back.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you'd have to be a real asshole to park your truck close as you can and take up two spots.
Speaker 4: So do you remember when the like stepometer started coming out and they were like giving them away at like McDonald's and everything, and I feel like to advertise them, they were saying, oh, park in the back of.
Speaker 3: The parking lot and you'll get your steps in for the day. Is that making that up?
Speaker 4: Because I feel like that is so ingrained in my memory, is park in the back of the parking lot so you can get your steps in with this.
Speaker 3: Brand new stepometer.
Speaker 1: That kind of remember it.
Speaker 4: It's wild now because obviously everybody's got like the iPhone or the you know whatever you watch, yeah, app to watch those kinds of things. And back in the day, it was literally just like a thing that pedometerer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pedometer, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Rant done other things. Okay, Dave, I haven't checked the Bernie Insta page because I don't do Instagram, but I hope Bernie has a seatbeltder harness attached to him in the car. Our friend's previous dog was in a car accident and broke vertebrak because she slammed on her brakes for a deer in the road. Little dog flew around the car. He was alive for years, but very expensive and crippled. I don't, but I have a car seat, so he lays down in it and there's a little bit of protection. But I don't have a seat belt, and I'm gonna be honest with you, I probably won't. If I found a good one that was easy to clip it and out, that was comfortable for Bernie, then I probably would. Last thing for David, Jenny, I came across this and you might be interested in it. Free Canadian park passes and museums, and it is basically a link to get a free Canadian park and museum passes. So thank you. Have a great trip, Jenny, Jenny, what does she mean by have a great trip?
Speaker 2: So I'm leaving tonight to go to Iceland and I'm going to be doing a camper van trip with my younger sister around the whole country. So I'm excited.
Speaker 1: So you're going to go there and rent a camper van. Yeah, that's super, Nae.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know I keep saying I say that and people are like, you're taking your campra Van to Iceland. I'm like, no, I'm not already marrying it.
Speaker 1: Liz has a ps. She says, I forgot one point. Bunker Beach. Yes, I grew up in Maple Grove. I'm in my mid forties now, and I grew up going to what was the Bunker Hills wave pool. I think it's amazing how big it was it was become, and I'm so glad it's doing great. It was literally only the wave pool back then. We go thirty minutes to go travel thirty minutes ago. I remember they used to charge like two bucks to tube. It's now included with the price. The fact that it's been around for like thirty years or so, doesn't really need to advertise anymore. I'm sure it was tongue in cheek for radio ad revenue. But they're doing great. They don't seem to need to pay for advertising, and they can keep reinvesting in themselves. Okay, maybe they could market to draw some other parts of the state whatever. So yeah, and I think that's true. There's a place like Bunker Beach they don't need to advertise because they already probably are just about as full as they want to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on really hot days, because I follow them on Facebook, and on really hot days, by like two, they will post that they are at capacity and that no one else can come in. So I'm sure that they're doing quite well, especially because like they're in Coon Rapids. Like, what exciting amazing things are there to do in terms of water parking in that area other than Bunker Beach?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Pretty much your only option?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Next one from Taylor, Hello, Morning Show. My husband and I played a game called Honey with lots of random questions. It was so fun to go through questions we've never asked each other. And here are answers. I'm going to send one of the cards to you, and here is it attached. Let's try. Would you be okay with sitting naked in a sauna with strangers? Naked in a sauna with strangers? No? No, no, okay, simple as that. Okay. Did your first impression of me turn out to be accurate? Okay? That would be if it was asked by Susan. Yeah, I mean her first impression. She is She is exactly who you see, who she seems to be. She is not narcissistic, she is not psycho. Oh she's a little bit stubborn, but she's just a good, good human, and she was a good human from the very first moment that I met her. Yeah, so no, nothing shocking.
Speaker 4: No, honestly, I can only think because, like Dave, I feel like I've known you my entire life, so that doesn't count. And then Vont we came in on the same day, so our first impression was kind of like the same as each other. But like I remember, when I first met Jenny, I thought she would be mean because she's so pretty, but she's really nice. And my friends would be like, well, what's Jenny Like, I'm like, Jenny's so nice.
Speaker 3: You guys have no idea.
Speaker 2: I do remember. I'll bring this up now. I remember one time you were subbing in and it was just me doing PROD and then Dave and you and you guys came into the studio and I remember giving Dave like a death clayer because I had five bajillion things to do, and you two were like chumming it up about something and like we gotta, like, let's record this video, and I was like, can you give me a second? And I remember snapping and I was like, oh my god, Bailly's gonna think I'm such a bitch. Like I literally was like, She's literally gonna go and tell.
Speaker 3: Everyone Jenny's a bit son whatever.
Speaker 2: But I remember being really overwhelmed and stressed and thinking you were gonna hate men.
Speaker 3: No, down, down.
Speaker 1: Also on the car, here's another one, and send me more of these, tailor. These are really interesting. It's called honey, so basically it's like, honey, here's a question, Honey, what is the stupidest thing you ever bought? I've bought so many the latest one that I bought, Eh, it's so frustrating. There was an Instagram or Facebook ad and it's a brush. It's a bruh, a cleaning brush. It looks like a tiny little broom with very very soft bristles. And it showed a video of somebody wiping the dashboard of their car and all this dust would fly out, and their screen where the radio is went from dusty to beautifully clean, and then they would dust over here and all this dust would come flying out. I'm like, fuck, that looks cool, and you you spent like nineteen or twenty five bucks on this thing.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: And I thought, I mean because everybody's car next time you're in your car. If you're in your car right now, look around, there's either spilled coffee. Yeah, there's like, I don't know, some kind of caramel that got from your candy bar on the on the console, or or your touch screen has got goop or sunscreen on it. In general, it is it's just gross. And so this brush would go along it and it would miraculously turn it to like new. I was like, fuck, yeah, give me one of them. So I bought this thing, and it's a brush. If it's not dust, it ain't going anywhere. Yeah, And I've got little splash coffee stains on my console and I'd have to get a wet rag to wipe them off. But I took this brush out of the box. I'm like, this is fucking cool. Wiped it nothing, nothing.
Speaker 3: What about what the dust though.
Speaker 1: Well, there is no dust in my car. It's not dust. My problem isn't dust, it's spilled glop.
Speaker 3: Well did it have spilled glop in the advertisement you were watching? No, then why did you think?
Speaker 1: Because I thought it was because they should have just said they should have just said, good point. There's nothing special about this brush. It's just a brushy. They made it look like the ShamWow guy down the State fair or the shamwell guy he like has this orange ShamWow cloth and it'll it'll, it'll suck you off from ten feet away. So in other words, well it will. It's got such powerful suction attraction that you can stand across the fairgrounds and the Shamwell cloth will suck you off from the other side of the fair grounds.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you got I loaded up.
Speaker 1: I loaded up anyway, so I thought it was some sort of a miracle thing. It's a fucking brush. You guys trash. What's the stupidest thing you bought lately?
Speaker 4: Well, I think during pandemic I bought a bunch of princess gowns that felt kind of stupid in hindsight, like gowns like a.
Speaker 1: Cinerella gowns you're just gonna walk around the house.
Speaker 3: You know. I thought, well, what if I owned these?
Speaker 4: And I have worn a few of them at like princess parties that I did get paid for, but not to pay for thees. So I just have now what, they're all in my closet. I probably don't even fit in most of them, but I have an El's address, a Cinderella address, a bell dress, and the girl friend enchanted.
Speaker 1: You are nuts now, Jenny, we're out of time, or I would ask you.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything, so it doesn't matter, all right.
Speaker 1: I want you, if you will, Taylor, to send me more of those cards because that was fun. Thanks for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye. Send anything to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com