Speaker 1: It's Dan Ray Unbeling Mazy Boston's news.
Speaker 2: Radio Last hour, to be specific, last fifty two plus minutes of Nightside. And this gentleman I met way back somewhere between sixty seven and seventy one, nineteen sixty seven nineteen seventy one. He was a teacher at Brookline High. Those days are far far in his rearview mirror. And he has a company called the Speech Improvement Company, used to be the Speech Improvement Center. And what they do over there is get rid of all of the verbal crutches that you have in your way of communicating. You know, you know, you know, you know, you know, I'm I'm like like like like like like. There are three examples right there. And if you have an interview coming up and you want to make sure that you put your best foot forward, this is the man who can help you. So Dennis, Dennis Becker, welcome Tonight's.
Speaker 3: You always lie to your listeners like that? My goodness, yes I do. Oh good well, we'rend a good company. The old the guy I used to know for sure.
Speaker 2: Thank you and tell people let me back up, advertise yourself, let people know if they come to see you, what you can do for them.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Well, it kind of depends on the reason for which they come to me. I mean, I'm doctor Dennis Becker, but I'm not a medical doctor, so folks can't come to me for any of those kinds of reasons. On the other hand, everything communicates something you cannot not communicate. So if you want to improve or strengthen your communications skills and techniques and prowess, the Speech Improvement Company is the place you want to be. We are located in Boston, and we're actually the oldest speech coaching company in the United States. We started this industry. It's sixty years ago. Now we can imagine that more than it's been sixty years since this company has been started. Now, we we're in Boston. We did some local things. Now we've got coaches and offices around the world and we're doing very well. And thank you for inviting me to be on the show to say some of that.
Speaker 2: You used to have those creative window displays, because oh yeah, the intersection of Washington and be in Brookline, that's where you used to be located. You're not there, right, are you.
Speaker 3: No, we were there for thirty one years and we first started there because it was right on the main street, right on Beacon Street, and most of our clients in those days were located downtown Boston, so we needed to be right on the green line, easy to get in and out for clients to come to our office. And yes, we had a company a building that we bought that used to belong to a company that sold and made furniture and they would advertise their product in this huge window was about an eight and a half by eleven and a half foot all glass window, and so they would advertise their furniture in the window because they had stuff to sell and it would help people could see the stuff. Well, when we were at the building, I thought to myself, how do you sell this stuff? We don't have stuff like that. So we decided, well, let's keep the building up anyway, we find something creative. What we started to do, which we started to make life size characters, mannequin kind of things and put them in the window as sort of a joke. Well, over the years it not only caught on and people were looking forward to what's the new window this Segi Poova Company's going to put up, but we began to win some awards, and we always used a little bit of humor but had some speech message in the humor with it. So after thirty one years, what happened technology change, population change, and most of all, it became easier to deal with people not having to go into town or them to come out a long game. Technology and then nowadays, of course everything is done by zoom and whatever. So we decided a few years ago, we decided to move the company out of what became a very high lench district. Although we owned the building, taxes were incredible in Brookline, so we moved it out to where most of our team moved, which was the west of the city. So now the office is located the home office is located in framing them.
Speaker 2: Okay, and the more popular figures in your window where Jake and who would Blues? The Blues Brothers?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, we just had for some reason, we took a liking to the movie about the Blues Brothers. And I was on a trip and where was I the Bahamas? I think I was doing some work in the Bahamas, and I visited a sort of a local souvenir type shop. Well, it turns out they had two LFE size characters mannequins models of the Blues Brothers, and they were so popular in our advertising and locally, and they were popular in the movies and so forth, so we decided to buy them. We had them sh hripped two day with each one was about two hundred pounds. We had them shipped to the office and Bookline put them in the window, and then we had to think of things that were cute and speechy like to put around them. Well, they became so popular of people walking by that we had to keep them in, keep them in there for a lot of things that had Halloween Blues Brothers, things, Christmas Blues Brothers. But I'll tell you one funny quick thing about it. When we first put them in, When we first put them in the window, we were in a part of Bookline that had a very heavy Jewish population and many of them were Hasidic and they would come to go to temple. They would pass our office in our window and they just look in the window all the time. When we put these Blues Brothers in the window. For those of you who are listening who can remember what the Blues Brothers looked like, they were in black suits, white shirts, black tie, black shoes and socks, wore a hat. They had that look and some glass Ye all I time was absolutely so little kids would come by and look in the window on their noses and fingerprints would be on the window about four feet from the ground, and they were asking their daddy's in the bummies, know why are the rabbis in the window. They had to explain to the kids that these were not rabbis, right, And it became they had a couple of folks stopped in the office and said, could you preach and put something in their window to explain to I said, well, we don't really want to do that, but I'm appreciating that you're explaining it to your kids. And it became popular for all kinds of reasons.
Speaker 2: Right tell you what, I've got a break to take. I'm going to invite calls, but I want you to help me set up a sample. Somebody listening right now, and it's just an average guy or gal and they have an office job and they're hoping that they can kind of move up the lane matter and take a job within their office that they necessarily feel I'm not qualified for that job. But you recognize in them equality, an ability to communicate. Help that person look within themselves and tell them what they should say in front of mister big boss. And the phone number here is six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty eight eight, eight, nine, two, nine ten thirty. Be our demo, Be the person that doctor Becker is going to help instill confidence in you. And let me take our break and come back and get started. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten, thirty eight, eight, eight, nine, two, nine ten thirty here on night side Time and temperature eleven sixteen coincidentally sixteen degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nice SI Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: I think I scared people off. So I'm gonna ask you right the way Dennis Becker say, from the Speech Improvement Company, and they will make magic. You will not recognize yourself after they kind of work on you, giving you a better perspective on speech, getting rid of those crutches when in everybody's speech. Maybe how to appear professional with your look to make a good first impression. So give me a generic person and then help the generic person do the right thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you the most frequently requested service in all of our sixty years is virtually the same now as it was fifty and sixty years ago, Morgan. So if we talk about the typical person, a generic person, this has to be one of the qualities that we get concerned with because we're asked about it all the time, and it sounds very simple. It sounds like a simple thing, but it is extremely popular around the world. And I'm talking about the fear of speaking. Now, let's just delve into that a little bit. I mean, people are speaking to each other all the time. But where happens. Why is it that when you have to talk to in front of a committee meeting or a town meeting or heaven STAVEETCHI if you have to give a speech on the stage or something like that, people all of a sudden freeze up. They get frightened. What's all? I don't like public speaking? Public speaking makes it? Okay, stop right there, let's begin with this. There's no such thing as public speaking. Now, let me explain what I mean. I mean that every time you talk, it's public that you're taking your thoughts out and expressing them, giving them to somebody else. It's always public. Now, I know what you mean when you say public robin the stage and you have some slides and you get a clicker and you got people staring at you and all that stuff. Yeah, I get it. I know what people mean when they say that. But the truth is a lot of that fear comes from the fear of self humiliation, public humiliation. And if you can think about the speaking that you do to your family, to your friends in the areas and times of comfort, and you know they're not fear of public speaking, it doesn't bother you. You just mean who you are. Okay. That's the way you have to approach this thing called the fear of public speaking. There isn't even a thing. I hate to even give it an identity. You've got to remember that you speak all the time and it's always public when you talk. So that's one of the first things that we would have to deal with. Where does that come from? Now? How do we find that out? We use a technique called the ABC technique. A. You have to identify what activates your fear. Could be being on a stage, standing up in front of a group, if I have lights on me, if I have to have a microphone. It depends on who's in the room. Oh, she's here, right, go book. There's a lot of things that they're going to be people's A. What activates you A fear? That's the first thing you have to do is find out that. Then let's skip the B for a moment and go right to the C, because the C is the consequence of the A. Once people experience one of those a's so and so in the room or whatever it is, the consequence happens. What's that We all know what that is? A hand shall my voice, breathing gets difficult, rash breaks out, all kinds of things. That's the consequence of the AN. So you say, oh, I know, so if I fix the A, the C goes away. No, wait a minute, let's go back to the B for just a second, because how does that How does that A get to you like that? It's because of the B in the middle. A for activator, C for consequence, But the B stand for what is your belief about that A. Don't jump ahead of me. I'm not going to go down the path of power of positive thinking. And if I believe it won't happen. No, no, that doesn't work. I mean, it's okay, do it. I mean, positive thinking is not a bad thing, but it's not going to work. It works for a little one and it comes back, it comes back. So what we do, Morgan, that's different, I think from almost everybody that does this sort of work, is we use what's called a skills approach. Now there's such things as cognitive restructuring and immersive and sometimes when people think drugs you know, but no, none of that. We work on a skills basis. Everything that you fear, which is one of your a's, we know how to fix, We know how to take care of it. We give you techniques to give you exercises to control, but we may not be able to make them go away, but we're going to help you control them so that they don't bother you when you're in those speaking situations. So that's one of the things that we would have to approach with folks, because almost everybody is bothered by an organs. Maybe not you, my friend, but most people.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. And I can go back to memories from elementary school. I never had the yips, nerves, the shakes, any of the negative visible afflictions that made me uncomfortable addressing a bunch of people, whether it was the kids in the school yard, was in the classroom, whether it was a church. I was a member of the choir, so periodically we were required to address other members of the choir for this, that and the other thing. But I never had any problems doing that, And when I began in radio, it was no challenge at least as far as those fears rearing their ugly head. Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Well, those kinds of things that you listen't there people like you who are exist in the world. Bang goodness, However, you didn't. You didn't take that from the wind, my friend. That sense of courage, that sense of capability, that didn't count from the wind. That started with your mother. I'm glad. There you go. Okay, there you go. All right, So let's step a little bit into the causes of the fear. Now, what I told you before about shaking and breathing and ration, those are the symptoms that we are all familiar with. They're not the causes. So let me talk a little bit deeper about that for just a moment, about the causes. It starts with your mother, and I say that because it started in the womb. There is truth to the belief, not the belief. There is truth to the fact that the condition of the mother during pregnancy has an impact on the condition of the child inside. This is why, to be dramatically tragic about it, This is why some women who are addicted to drugs or alcohol or whatever substance like that while pregnant, the child often is born with that drug addiction. The same thing is true about the other aspects of childhood. You if your mother is calm and relaxed, or she's nervous enough set all the time, that's going to be part of the DNA that's going to come over to you. All right. So now you get a little bit older, and what are you getting to you about three years old or four years old? Oh morgant, Oh look at you so cue, Look how he walks off bargain. Come here you go, kid, give you a hunt. All you get for about three years of your life, that's all you get is it's nice and yet damn when you get to me about four years old, you go visit your aunt Dars and uncle John, and you walk over their coffee table and you can knock over some statue and it breaks on the floor. Oh my goodness, Momy comes over Dad. That gives you a little no. You should see that that very no. That's the first time that a child begins to fear and hear the word no. Up until that is all beautiful and all of a sudden you get no. All right, let's move ahead a little best pastor here you get into school. Dare you ever talk out of turn? Mister White Morgan come over here, you get publicly humilified, humiliated, maybe get put in the closset. Who knows. School teachers have a huge impact on those young kids about their fear of speaking, speaking out a turn again, public humiliation, watch out.
Speaker 2: Saying something that directly goes to that.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 2: The Boston public schools in the sixties, almost every teacher male female had a thin bimboo strip I used to keep on their chocol edge. Was called the rat hand. And there's some people out there listening. Remember the rat hand. And you did something out of the realm of acceptability, you would get the rat hand. You had to hold out your hand and accept a strike or two or three or four five, or the teacher would just strike your legs. If it was a young girl who committed the faux pas and everybody feared the rat hand, and you got it once. You did everything you could to stay the straight and narrow. I got it once, and I be sure I never got it again.
Speaker 3: M hmmm. That rat haan has grown itself into a snarky remark from the boss somehow, a criticism from a coague something that someone else can use against you to make you feel bad, or even if that's not their intent, you feel bad. And it's become a very popular trick for manipulators these days, and we have loads of those. I just wrote a book about manipulation, and manipulators constantly use public humiliation, sarcasm, all kinds of things to make you feel bad about your speaking, the way you communicate with others. Hen stop you.
Speaker 2: Here, Dennis, because they have a break to take and that won't go away. So I Am going to take a break. There'll be a quick hit of news within the break, and doctor Dennispecker and I will be back probably three four minutes time. Eleven twenty nine, sixteen degrees.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on WBS, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Under twenty minutes of show to go, I've got doctor Dennispecker here from the speech improvement company. It used to be called a speech improvement center, and he was explaining how some of the traps we fall into when communicating speaking get their beginnings back in the womb. And where do we leave off?
Speaker 3: Dennis, Well, it's a journey, and I don't really want to bore you or your listeners with all of the detail, and I'll skip a couple of details and just tell you this. We left off with kid being influenced by teachers in school that we know. Then you camp into junior high school and you get out of those tweeners, you know, those early teenagers. And what does a teenager? What does a child want? They want to both fit in and stand out. Stand out and fit in, so that means they learned to talk, and they imitate all their friends and whatever the trend is, they want to do it. You get to be teenager and in this high school and so forth. If you go off to cool college, then your peers begin to have a stronger effect begins that you feel lonely if you're not in certain kind of a group and whatnot. So the speech part of being in a relationship is a very important part of how you grew into it as an adult. So we look at it at all ages and from all different perspectives, and there's always a way. I have never found a person in the sixty years, we've never found anyone that we could not help with this. We know it's absolutely fixable. So don't let it fear you, folks.
Speaker 2: Is it laziness if you have one or two or three verbal crutches that you fall upon as you're speaking. And I gave the three major examples. You know, you know, you know, you know, and like it was like this, and then it was like that. Boy, don't stop those before they come over your tongue and out your mouth.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, and though really, if we look at the more common reasons, one of them is bad habit. Where you get that. You get that from the folks that you hang out with. They all talk like that. Here you go again. You want to fit in, so you begin to pick up some of the jargon, some of the language that's being used around. Do you pick it up that way? And you fit in because you do it? That's one reason. The second reason, the reason you do it is because you want to be like someone specific and maybe it's a movie star or an athlete. You imitate other people maybe once or twice or three times. The next thing you know, you're doing it all the time. It becomes a habit. I can't tell you how many times we're coaching people and we correct them on one of those three things and they say, I did no, No, I didn't say that. You don't even know it. After a while, it becomes so common as a part of the way that you speak that you don't even notice this. So what do you do to fix it? The first thing you have to do is draw people's awareness to it. My son used to say right right all the time, so I had to fix it. He was like, I just junior high school, I suppose. And he said, well, then to track me right, and I said, him next to Joey right, and Joey get the head starts to right. He said, well, you say right. He didn't know. He said it, okay. So next time he came home he said, so I went to the game right, and all the other guys are going right. And so so every time he said right, I said wrong the same thing else I said wrong. So we're going to the game right, and I said wrong. Yeah, we got in the car right now, I wrong? He said, what what do you mean? What? What what do you say? Wrong? What you said right? I said wrong, I didn't say. I had to get his attention to it. Once you get that, that almost breaks what does break the habit. But then to make it stick, you have to keep that up, folks. So that's the best way to break it. Otherwise it becomes part of the culture, it becomes part of the maturity process. But it doesn't have to be there. You can help correct it.
Speaker 2: Is there something twenty twenties that is newer as a crutch or a speech I don't know. I'm looking for the right word. A misstep with your speech that didn't exist before that, but because of this error here it is. It's there and it needs to be corrected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I would say, yes, there is, and it is twenty twenties. Okay, that's fine. If you go back into the fifties and sixties, you get another set of normality language. You go back to the forties and thirties, you get another whole set and it's changed. Approximately aregent, which is about twenty years. So twenty twenty is a new generation. What is new about it. Well, the major thing that's new about it is technology. Now that has changed a lot of things because you no longer have to even talk to somebody, and if you talk with them, it's almost an abbreviation. We see it all the time. And of course with writing lol, WTF, all of that, all of those things are abbreviation. So now when people talk to each other they actually say those kind of things, they are actually talking about lol, they'll say it. So technology and the brevity of technology has put that on. And then there's a new appreciation allowance, if you will, for what used to be considered in vulgarity, but not any longer. People have stopped correcting their kids. Maybe they've begun using it in their own language in conversation, and the F word has become very popular, almost non correctible. Some parents don't want to take it on. Well everybody did you pretty approval, but you'll be nasty. So language has got to be corrected at home. Schools have almost lost control of it. I think the parents have got to take control of the twenty twenties and the acronyms and so forth that we hear nowadays. To me, they're unacceptable, but you've got to correct it at home.
Speaker 2: I agree with that. Let me take a phone call Phil from Boston. It's called in and I'm assuming still wants to speak with you, not me, Phil.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 4: I came in late and I heard a gentleman say the term right, all right, and I just want to share a story with you. Years ago I worked in the area under the tunnel in East Boston and this gentle this kid I work at a lowie, nice kid, tim me ride home. So I said, okay, So now I got to get them back to these bosses. I said, Louis. I said, go down the street, take a left. Louis said right. I said, okay, then Louie and I'll go down the street and take a second left. He says right. I stopped the god, I said, Louie, tell me you fail. Yeah. When I say give you to, don't say right. I think I said, Kersey, correct this kid, I said, he's never going.
Speaker 2: To get back.
Speaker 4: He's never going to get back to East Boston. I mean when so when you said that? Because my English is the most perfect in the world, but I try, you know, but I think it's indicative of what's going on in the world. No one cares. They're all texts.
Speaker 5: I mean, is this crazy man?
Speaker 2: Three students routine waiting to happen?
Speaker 3: Oh god, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't go away, he said, would.
Speaker 1: Have been daughter.
Speaker 4: He don't want to go.
Speaker 3: Here my head. You hit it there, you go, talk about the nail in the wood.
Speaker 2: Right, I do.
Speaker 4: It's not easy.
Speaker 3: It's not easy to keep it up.
Speaker 2: Take care, bye bye. Let's take another call. As a matter of fact, I know this gentleman. He was on with me just the other day. Dixie, Welcome tonight's side.
Speaker 5: Hello, Dennis, Hello Morgan, Hello, Hi there.
Speaker 3: Nice to meet you.
Speaker 5: Thanks to you. I'm going to take fifteen seconds to do one thing before I ask a question. That is to announce that the Northeastern University women's hockey team have won their third consecutive bean Pot.
Speaker 3: Oh they won the bean Pot. Hooray. That's great.
Speaker 5: Before thank you for that, thousand people at the garden.
Speaker 3: There you go, fantastic, Thank you for that.
Speaker 5: And my question is when Morgan introduced you, he was talking about some of the things that are not good in speech, like and you know, of course come out first and second probably yes, which is harder for you to fix.
Speaker 3: Okay, The harder one to fix for me is the word like for two reasons. First of all, it's the most popular, so it's accepted. And secondly, most people do not realize how much they say it. And when you don't realize how much you do a thing, whether it's speaking, or the way you walk or whatever, the way you wear your hair, it's not going to get better unless you become aware of it. So one of the most challenging things is to make people aware I didn't say that. Yeah, I've recorded, play a fact, why they don't even they can't even remember that they said those things. So they're the most difficult to correc but they are.
Speaker 5: Correctable because I've I've been in places where younger people, especially start talking, and that's what they start saying, And I just roll my eyes because I don't see how they got I don't see how they got to their position and still speak like that.
Speaker 3: My wife and I went out to dinner not too long ago. We had to go into places. We said in a booth, so she said, on one side, I said, here's that. Behind us was another booth, and a young couple came in and they sat down. So I was back to back with the person in the seat behind me and look at the menus and people don't seat behind us. The lady started saying, ye, I couldn't see her, but I would have asked them if she was in her twenties or her late teens, but early twenties. And she sat down. She said, So he came over to the table, and like I walked, I looked at him, and like he looked at me, and so I like said, well, what do you want? And so he looks over at the table and he said like what she said it like five times in like ten second. My wife looked at me. My wife looked at me and she said, Dennis, we're not working now. She knew, oh, oh awful, that's the toughest one.
Speaker 5: Well, because I've been on the radio for maybe twenty years thanks to Morgan and Jordan Rich and other people. When I when I first came on, I wasn't afraid because back when I was a teenager, my crazy cousin had a one watt radio station and he decided we were going to be on the air.
Speaker 3: So I learned.
Speaker 5: I learned a couple of things to talk distinctly, to talk slowly and to mouth everything and don't rush it.
Speaker 3: H good. Lessons good.
Speaker 5: And then and then when Morgan and Jordan Rich had me on their radio, I wasn't I wasn't nervous at all because I knew.
Speaker 1: What to do.
Speaker 3: That's great, that's great. And one time, all probably ten years ago, one time we had we were coaching imagine this memory. We were coaching someone from every radio and TV station in the city in our company, because, as the gentlemen just said, speaking distinctly and keeping pacing, keeping timing is such an incredible, incredible skill in the world where you guys live. So I appreciate the comment and I understand it completely.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much for your time, Dixie.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you for calling.
Speaker 2: Take care, bye bye. All right, we've got to take our last break of the hour. If you do want to call in, I'll do the best I can to squeeze you in with doctor Dennispecker from the Speech Improvement Company. Now that I've told you that, I'm going to tell you this time and temperature eleven forty six sixteen degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World Night Sex Studios.
Speaker 2: On w b Z Radio, Dennis, I should have done this earlier. Give people your information as far as website, phone number address. So if somebody listening does want to get in touch with you and take advantage of your tutoring them, they need to know how.
Speaker 3: We call it coaching. By the way, tutoring is that well, you're you're older than I thought you were tutoring from wayback, Morgan. I'm sorry coaching.
Speaker 2: I was at of yours.
Speaker 3: But you know something I want to tell you something. I've coached in presidential elections and leaders of countries and companies. You I put you as one of my success stories. You never gave up. You're always popular with folks. They loved the heck out of you. You're very smart, you're very patient, You're quite articulate. So I'm proud to say that you were you are a student of man. But at any rate, not for that, Okay, that's true. Listen. You can reach me folks at speech improvement dot com. That's the name of our company, speech improvement dot com. And if you type type that in somewhere, you'll see all kinds of things on our website. Everything's for free. We have videos and blogs, and we do a podcast every week and it's just all kinds of things that you'll find there, and it's all for free Speech Improvement dot Com. If you want to call easy enough from whoever you are, we're in Boston that area code six one seven six one seven seven three nine thirty three thirty six one seven seven three nine three three three zero and they can put you wherever you go there you will find me. And if you want to write to me directly, it's just Dennis at Speech Improvement dot Com. Very easy be happy to help you with anything.
Speaker 2: You mentioned that you do this all over the world.
Speaker 3: Exrect me.
Speaker 2: What about countries that don't here to the same rules we do in the United States? What about countries that don't allow women, yeah, to participate in communicating to the masses.
Speaker 3: You know, it's funny you should ask that. It's one of the things I'm most proud of with our company. Back to tell you quickly, back when nine to eleven happened, I happened to have a client in the UAE, and in the UAE, one or more of the bombers were in that in that plane. Anyway, I kept going there to see my clients. But we had a shutdown of all kinds. You couldn't travel anywhere. Nobody trusted anybody, and people wanted to know I had I was working for the government of Ua email less. Why do you go there? Why do you have those guys think boys, well two or three bad guys from there about them? Yeah, but you shouldn't go there and help them. You shouldn't be that. Why are you doing that? At a simple answer then, and I had the same and more clients in UAE and other countries. Now my answer is still the same as it was then, and the answer is I go there because at this moment, the tone between our two countries is that the picture is not on television picture a fist. That's what exists in terms of communication there. Now, Why am I going Because I want to change that to this and I put it to a handshake. I want to change that fist to a handshake, and you can do it through communication. Now that was years ago. I'm still there anyway. I'm very proud of the relationships that we have with other folks because we believe that communication is essential to everybody getting along with everybody else, whether it's in your country or between countries. So we're very, very proud of the coverage we have with this company.
Speaker 2: Of the various countries that you are in. Can you give me an extreme example. Well, the protocol is vastly different than what we have here in the United States.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give you a quick short one. This was in Kazakhstan and one of my coaches was over there. No, no, she wasn't over there. She was dealing with a shaikh I forget his name, it doesn't matter, I should probably say it anyway, but he would come to the US every two or three times a year to do business here in Kazakhstan, and he always had the same coach and she was lovely and he loved her and they did great together. And about a year and a half after into the relationship, I get a phone call from his lawyer and he says, I want to talk to you on behalf of the Shaikhah. Thought, oh, what happened, and he said, no, no, no, He said, the shaikha really loves the work that she's doing. He would like to have her come to Kazakhstan and do the coaching. I said, well, I'll have to ask her, because she's got family. I don't know she can travel that far, and he said, well, it only be to Kazakhstand and we'll take care of everything that costs the blah blahah. And as the conversation went along, he thought it was money right was objecting, So he said, well, let's make it one hundred thousand dollars. I said, oh no, no, it' stop that. He thought. I immediately thought I was objecting. Okay, well two hundred thousand. He cut up to three hundred thousand, and I said, wait a minute, why are you so eager? He said, well, sure, of course, will belong to the shape and she will live here, her children will come. And I said, what she wanted to buy her? That was the cultural nom he wanted to buy her. And so we deal occasionally. And that was a little bit severe, but we have dealt with things from that all along the line. So you meet it and you just understand the culture and turned the fist into a handshake and everything works out.
Speaker 2: And where do you see your company going in another ten years?
Speaker 3: Well, we're sixty years now, we're hoping another sixty years. Why not? Communication is still important to human beings in the relations shifts that we have. Of course, we have to now learn how to communicate. We have to learn how to communicate on zoom. What the heck skite back in those days. So now the methods of communication and the characteristics and the necessities of knowing how to communicate in that way is where we are. We have already conquered virtual reality, and we use that for different kinds of things. Virtual reality. We're teaching people how to use the phone, their own phones, which is not going to go away, how to use the phone to help them improve their speech. We have an app that we use. So there's all kinds of things that are changing in society, but people don't change the necessity for being able to communicate with one another. It's a spouse or a child, or a neighbor or a business, another countryman, another country that remains the same. Human beings are going to be the same, and so we'll be here to treat them for the next sixty years.
Speaker 2: I know, Dennis, I wish you great luck in the future. Sounds like you don't need it, say it anyway, and we will get together again, I promise, I hope.
Speaker 3: So Morey, You've always been one of my favorite people, and I so admire the work that you do, not only here, but the work that you do outside. So I'm proud to call you a friend, and I thank you for having me on this evening.
Speaker 2: I feel the same way, and I'll be in touch you take care.
Speaker 3: Now, all right, thanks, bye bye, all right.
Speaker 2: I want to thank doctor David Nathan who was on first tonight, Beer Dave who set phone records people calling in, dB Cooper, and Dennis Becker Rob Brooks, Thank you, sir. You do an excellent job when I come in to fill in for Dan Ray and I always look forward to working with you. Nancy sitting next to me, and Gray where is he? He's in here somewhere, Thanks to the two of you, whether you listen tonight and called or just listened, I thank all of you. Now the two words I really hate to say. It means the end. By Boston