Speaker 1: God channeling his dinner. Clurk, get them the dives.
Speaker 2: That's the cat backhand sign.
Speaker 1: Dustin off that gold.
Speaker 3: Globe said, you want my spot, Come and get it.
Speaker 2: Wanna take a shot.
Speaker 4: We're waiting for you.
Speaker 5: Think you're looking real hot, Come and get it.
Speaker 2: We're here.
Speaker 4: The road comes through La.
Speaker 2: Come get it.
Speaker 4: If you won't it, I got it.
Speaker 1: Do you think you can beat this team in a series?
Speaker 4: It best overall?
Speaker 2: Miss Dan Klass Padres. Fans can line up to kiss our ring. You gotta do what I do if you won't my spot.
Speaker 5: Welcome to Dodgers on Deck. Now your host walking you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Tim kays well, Hi everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck. You're a world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers thirty two and twenty one on this season, first place atop the NL West. After dropping two of three in New York over the weekend to start the road trip, the Dodgers now in Cleveland for a.
Speaker 1: Three game interleague series with the Guardians.
Speaker 6: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound on this Memorial Day. First pitch from Progressive Field is set for three ten coming up over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Dodger third Basement, Max Munty, David Vasseur, Dodger insider, joins us. Throughout the hour we preview this pitching matchup. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Coming up in about fifteen minutes. We've got your Dodgers magical moment coming up in thirty minutes. Shortly we'll visit with Sports and at Las Kirsten Watson, and in just a few minutes we will head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth. And here from Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, last night in New York, it was Sunday Night baseball, the rubber game between the Dodgers and Mets. He got off to a good start for the Dodgers. The second pitch of the game. Show Hey win.
Speaker 7: Deep singa at the letters, kicks and deals, and Otani with a smash.
Speaker 3: Soaring into the Sunday Night Hey leadoff home run. First Show Hey old Tony to the upper deck. He goes torching a fest ball and giving the Dodgers oh one nothing lead.
Speaker 6: Number eighteen on the season for show, Hey Otani. Just like that, the Dodgers had a one nothing lead over the Mets. In the bottom of the first, a couple of strikeouts for Landon Nack, two outs, A ground ball from Juan Soto near shortstop Max Munsey could not field it cleanly, one hopted to Freddie Freeman. Soto beats out the throw, so he with two outs. A runner aboard on the air and the next batter, Pete.
Speaker 7: Alonzo, two outs, Soto on after the E five. Now Pete Alonzo first pitch belt to the left field, way back and gone. And so just like that, the air is so costly, Hey go ahead, two run home run for Pete Alonzo, and it's two to one New York.
Speaker 2: A laser to.
Speaker 7: Left field for the Mets. Slugging first baseman snaps the longest home run draft of his seven year career, sixteen games without one until that two to one Mets.
Speaker 1: An air opened the door for the Mets.
Speaker 6: Pete Alonso a two run home run as a Mets grabbed a two to one lead. Dodgers just didn't play clean baseball last night. Four airs, including an air in the bottom half of the third from Mookie Betts trying to flip the ball over the head of Tommy Emmit at second for a forest play.
Speaker 1: Francisco Lindoro went to third on the overthrow.
Speaker 6: Juan Soto, then a ground ball fielder's choice scored Lindor and that gave the Mets a three to one lead. Landon Neck just didn't get a lot of help. He pitched well. In fact, after giving up the three runs, retired in eleven in a row, he would go a season high six innings for the Dodgers last night. He allowed the three runs, only one of which was earned. Four hits, five strikeouts, zero one, no offense. So outside of the show, hey Otani home run of the first, Dodgers had opportunities in the fourth, in the fifty at the bases loaded with two outs and couldn't score. In the sixth, inn Max Montia went out walk Andy pot Has grounded into a double play. That was a theme all series long, as the Dodgers hit into eight double plays in the three games at City Field. They lose the finale last night three to one Code II single the win. Landon Knack gets the loss as the Dodgers dropped two of three at City Field. They're thirty two to twenty one on the year, and now they head to Cleveland on this Memorial Day. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount of the series opener from Progressive Field. Then with more we head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 8: Thanks very much, Tim, A nice cool evening here in Cleveland, Ohio at Progressive Field as the Dodgers begin this three game set with the Cleveland Guardians on this Memorial Day, Monday packed house is expected here tonight to see the Dodgers and the Guardians. Yoshinobu Yamamoto will have the start, looking for his sixth win. He is grad ERA second of the National League at one point eighty six. Gavin Williams will be the mild opponent. He's four and two with an urn run average of three point nine to four. Well, the Dodgers coming off a rough weekend in New York. Even though they won on Friday, it took him a long time to get that one, and then losses on Saturday and again last night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and I think of the manner in which they lost ball games and after the game last night before the Dodgers boarded their charters and headed to Cleveland, Dave Roberts is saying, look, we've just got to play clean baseball and have some good offensive approaches, and that has not really been the case from top to bottom. In fact, if you look at last night, four errors were committed in that three game series. The Dodgers hit into eight ground bowl double plays. That really ended some big threads. So yeah, they got to tighten the belts from a defensive standpoint, and now we're beginning to see a little bit more length out of the starting pitching. And that's really been the case with Yama Mota recently.
Speaker 8: When you look at the numbers, on average, the Dodgers average the fewest number of pitches from their starters in all of Major League Baseball at seventy seven pitches. Everybody else is higher. In fact, Cleveland's in the top five eighty nine pitches. But when you look at that, you hope that you're started to see more and more length. We did see that out of yama Mota when his last start. Hope to see that out of dustin May tomorrow and landon thatc In spite of the loss last night.
Speaker 2: He had a pretty good game, Yeah, you did.
Speaker 9: And coming into that series in New York, as you're saying, you know, the bullpen's been overworked. There's no offens and butts about it. We can kind of sugarcoat it, but it's not going to work. But the Dodgers, they're starting pitching, the only team in baseball that's averaged less than fourteen outs per starts, and that has really been the burden of this bullpen. So you combine that with the fact that they get to tighten the belts defensively. Too many opportunities for other ball clubs, whether to be stealing a base, whether it be taking an extra base or play just not being made.
Speaker 8: Tommy Edmond out of the lineup tonight. Dave Roberts still, you know, nursing him a little bit coming off the injured list, did not want him playing six straight games. So Hassan Kim gets the start at second base, Michael Confordo hitting eight and Dave Roberts saying, Michael will play in all three games here in Cleveland.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and trying to get it going. He's had some better swings and I think better approaches. He's not swinging at pitches really out of the strike zone. So it's not really terrible at bats, it's just been terrible results to this particular point. He's hitting at one sixty three in the eight spot in tonight's lineup, so trying to get it going, and if you're sitting on the bench and not playing, there's no way to get it going.
Speaker 8: Well, news out of Orange County regarding a former Dodger, Chris Taylor, apparently has signed with the Angels and is in the lineup to play center field against the Yankees tonight at Anaheim.
Speaker 9: Well, that's good news because Taylor meant a lot to this Dodgers organization, obviously with a winning on the teams. Is a good guy and we wish him nothing the best. It just did not work out if we're looking the last couple of years from an offensive standpoint, and Chris Taylor and aod Dodger uniform.
Speaker 8: On this Memorial Day Monday evening here in Cleveland, Yoshinobu Yamamoto takes on Gavilan Williams Dodgers and Guardians Game one.
Speaker 6: Tim, All right, thanks a lot, Tim, as we cut you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza chickin to Moojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We will check in with David vass Say he'll go one on one with Max Munsey we break down this pitchy match up. We got your magical moment coming up in about twenty minutes. I'm next, so you're Otani Rewine and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports a LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Guardians on this Memorial Day first pitch on Cleveland coming up at three ten.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kas's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Doll.
Speaker 5: This is Lorongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Face Ball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Guardians. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Gavin Williams a bitch you match up on this Memorial Day perst Bitch with Cleveland, coming up at three tens.
Speaker 7: This is the Otani Rewide Senga at the letters, Kicks and Deals and Otani with a smash.
Speaker 3: Soaring into the Sunday night Hey lead off home run for show. Hey Otani to the upper deck. He goes, torching a fastball and giving the Dodgers oh one nothing lead.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani his eighteenth home run of this season. Yesterday in New York, Otani leading things off for the Dodgers. Unfortunately, nobody followed them as the Dodgers lost to the Mets yesterday at City Field three to one.
Speaker 5: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson now joins us from Cleveland. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents Dandy by to take your donation. That's Cars with a K to donate your car to day the Dodgers leave New York having dropped two of three. You a little momentum going and the perfect guy to have it on the mound, Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Look, he's been the ace of this ball club. He's been the stopper before and yeah, it's okay, only coming off of two losses, but still they want him to be able to set the tone early.
Speaker 1: And you said it.
Speaker 10: He's coming off of his best start of the year thus far, six no hit innings, seven shutout innings. He was excellent. Even when he talked after that game, the stuff wasn't a really good spot. He did say, of course, it's hard to one just throw a complete game in general, to throw a complete no hitter, that's a whole nother ballgame. The pitch count did get up, he threw a career high one hundred and ten pitches, so obviously those were some key factors for him. But the hope for today is just to go out there set the tone in this one. I mean, we did see some really strong pitching performance to Milandon Nak yesterday, but for him to get things going early in this one, that will be huge. Now, it will be interesting because obviously there's not too much familiarity between him and the Guardians. They are a really good splitter hitting team, though interesting enough, so that's obviously his bread and butter. So we'll see how this matchup faces out. But I don't know if I was on the Guardians. You have to go from facing Turk spooball one day to then Yoshinobi Amamoto does not sound fun if.
Speaker 4: You ask me.
Speaker 1: A good thing for the Dodgers. They have him on the Mountain tonight.
Speaker 6: Speaking on the mount yesterday show, Hey Otani was on the mound before the game at City Field. He threw twenty two pitches and a live batting practice to some players and coaches.
Speaker 1: How does he check out twenty four hours later?
Speaker 10: Hereson He's feeling good. He is feeling good of course yesterday. Of course the live VP he mentioned in the leadoff home run. The hope is just to keep the offensive side of that going today. But for him on the pitching side, he did feel really good coming out of it. So Dave Roberts said, as well as show Hey moving forward, he's going to be taking part of live vps once a week. So we saw it yesterday, we'll see it again this weekend. He will still have his touch and feel in between. So his usual schedule has been Wednesday and then Saturday, so the two bullpens. The original schedule for the live VP was supposed to be on Saturday. It was of course, I've pushed to Sunday due to the super late night in New York on Friday, So we'll see how the exact scheduling will play out moving forward. Dave said that the touch and field bullpen could be on Wednesday, but it is going to be a day game here, so it could be Wednesday, it could be Thursday, on the off day back in Los Angeles, So we'll see. But the fact that even show Hey last night was saying that, you know, he was kind of looking to be more in that ninety three ninety four velocity range. He was able to get up to ninety six ninety seven, so that was huge for him. He feels that the intensity. As long as the intensity and the pitch count continues to grow and just kind of increase moving forward, he'll be in a really good spot where he's not going to need to rehab assignment, so he'll be able to continue being you know, that DH out there hopefully every day. We'll kind of see moving forward how that continues to play out. But he feels really good, so Hey, that's all you can ask for is the of course, the twenty four hour check in.
Speaker 6: It's huge, absolutely step in the right direction for show.
Speaker 1: Hey, appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Keirston, We'll check in with you after the game is still to come. Here, I'm Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this series opening pitching matchup. David Vass goes one on one with Max Muncy. But up next, we'll get you an injury report and we hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Guardians on this Memorial Day. First pitch from Cleveland's coming up at three ten. I'm Tim Kates. Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers audio know.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season law.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as he leads up to first pitch. Dodgers and Guardians on this Memorial Day. Marongo Casino Resort in Spa, A Grand Slam for good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount. Gavin Williams goes for the Guardians first pitch from Cleveland at three ten.
Speaker 5: This it's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 6: You cla healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers Roki Sasaki on the I L.
Speaker 1: Kirby Yates on the I L. Evan Phillips.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts said yesterday it's a little concerning his right fore arm strain that is not getting any better and he is not throwing. Tyler Glass now Blake Snell are both on the men, as is Michael Kopek, who threw a scoreless ending of relief in Triple A Oklahoma City on a minor league rehab assignment yesterday. All right, let's head back out to Cleveland and check out the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 4: Any questions for Dave?
Speaker 2: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 5: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: You know, this team, I don't know if they've seen him, certainly haven't seen him much, but I think for me, it's just heavy left handed lineup. I think he's going to be you know, obviously command is going to be important. I think that the split, the curveball mixing in, and I think honestly just continuing to be Oshinobu and you know, our bullpen's in a decent spot, but for him to still go deep and be who he is, is certainly going to be helpful and give us a good chance to win tonight.
Speaker 10: On the offensive side, we saw obviously the leadoff home run from show Hey yesterday, but then the offense was relatively limited yesterday. How do you want to see them just kind of get back to whether it's quality of a fence or just kind of more production as a whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think.
Speaker 11: It just kind of hasn't been synced up offensively. I think there's some good at bats for some guys at times.
Speaker 2: I think other times that were kind.
Speaker 11: Of a little too aggressive, you know, chasing out of the zone. But that's sort of baseball. But I think that you know, today, this guy's got a big arm, it's high velocity, and we've got to kind of lock in our hitting zone and just try to continue to take good swings. And yeah, there are times that we're gonna hit balls at guys with quality contact, but that's baseball, all right.
Speaker 6: There's the manager, Dave Robbers. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check you in with the David says. We're leading you up to first pitch in Cleveland. Dodgers and Guardians on this Memorial Day, first pitch at three ten. I'm Tim Kates's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio nowhere.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Guardians started at three game sets. Yoshinobu, you have a mode on the mount on this Memorial Day. First pitch coming.
Speaker 5: Up at three ten, joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 5: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 1: All right, DV.
Speaker 6: Memorial Day the unofficial start to summer and a good time to check your car. Make sure it's running to top performance.
Speaker 1: Out the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Let's check in on the Dodgers on this Memorial Day. How are they checking in so far?
Speaker 4: DV, Well, it's concerning.
Speaker 12: I feel like Memorial Day is a good first checkpoint of the regular season. The Dodgers, despite having a lot of injuries to their pitching and some inconsistencies with their offense, are in a very good spot, one of the best records in the National League along with the Phillies, but part of the Dodgers' strength in years past has been their bullpen, and this year it hasn't been the case because of a lot of injuries, including to Blake Trinan and Evan Phillips, along with the fact that Michael Kopek still hasn't thrown a single pitch this season. But that doesn't change the fact the Dodger bullpen has given up the second most home runs of any bullpen in Major League Baseball thirty two home runs given up by the Dodger bullpen this year, only second to the Angels, who have given up thirty three. We also know tim about the workload of the bullpen two hundred and thirty innings in their first fifty three games of the year.
Speaker 4: That's just not sustainable.
Speaker 12: And I know it's kind of playing catch up right now if you're the Dodgers starting staff, but you can't undo already the innings that were pitched, so the only thing they can do is try to move forward and minimize the workload to their high leverage believers. I also forgot Kirby Yates. He's on the il right now with the right hand string strains. So that's part of the reason why Dave Roberts is so intent on pushing his starters in tonight. They have the right guy on the mound to do just that, and that's Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 1: David has driven by Ford.
Speaker 6: If this one thing we like, it's choices, of course, finding yours at the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid, all electric tough. This mark can only be called the F one fifty. Mookie Betts playing shortstop David in the past. In the past being last year he talked about it mentally, to get prepared to play shortstop every single day was draining on him. You think it's taken away maybe this year from his offense.
Speaker 4: I really do? I mean?
Speaker 12: Can we say Mookie Betts has been a difference maker offensively so far this year. He's hitting two sixty with eight home runs. He's had flashes. But tim the facts are and why so many teams were a little surprised the Dodgers would make this move is that Mookie Betts, one of the greatest athletes we have seen to play Major League baseball, is still human. He's thirty two years old, and if you go back in the history of major league shortstops, even in the last thirty years guys that have played that position their entire careers. After the age of thirty thirty one, the offense starts to decline because of the demands of the position. Anybody from Jeter to Tulowitzki to no mar Garciapara, they just don't age well at that position after thirty and their offense even right now, look at Dansby Swanson with the Cubs.
Speaker 4: His offense has.
Speaker 12: Completely dropped off ever since he turned age thirty one to thirty two. So you have to take it into consideration, and you just can't ignore the fact that he is trying to do something that no other player has ever done, a go from right field to shortstop, but also do it at age thirty two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's something that's been special to watch, but also something to see his offense kind of take a tinker down here this season, Dave.
Speaker 1: We appreciate it.
Speaker 6: We'll check back you with you in just a little bit as Dave checks in with Max Munci that's coming up in fifteen minutes up next, so we'll get your Dodgers magical moment as we're leading you up to first pitch on this Memorial Day. Dodgers and Guardians from Cleveland. I'm Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Guardians on this Memorial Day. Yoshinovo Yamamoto and Gavin Williams. The bitching matchup in this series opener. First pitch from Cleveland is coming up at three ten.
Speaker 4: I d not a bullion with hot dog?
Speaker 5: Who wants that hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well the Dodgers taking on the Guardians. We go back to last September September eighth, twenty twenty four, Dodgers playing host to the Guardians out at Dodgers Stadium. Dodgers would win the game four to nothing. Jack Flaherty seven shutout innings to pick up the win. Show hey ho tany with one of those big blasts.
Speaker 8: One ball and no strikes to show hey one nothing Dodgers patting in the fifth and showy swings and hammers one way down.
Speaker 4: The right field line. That ball's gone home run?
Speaker 13: Show hey Tony number forty six? Oh what a monster blast over the visiting bullpen. Incredible as the show rolls on here at Dodgers Stadium, whoa did he absolutely mash that four hundred and fifty feet.
Speaker 6: Just to the right of the nineteen to fifty five World Series Championship banner.
Speaker 1: Four hundred and fifty feet.
Speaker 6: That home run from Shoho Tani last September against the Guardians was his forty sixth of the season at the time time a career high for home.
Speaker 1: Runs in a year.
Speaker 6: This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Haffey hot Dogs, Haffee Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. What's on your barbecue this afternoon on this Memorial Day? Making sure it's Haffy hot Dogs, local and so great. Well, when we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check back you know, Rick Monday, if you're leading up to first pitch on this.
Speaker 1: Memorial Day, Dodgers and Guardians.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kason's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers.
Speaker 4: On Deck.
Speaker 5: On your home for the Blue all.
Speaker 6: Season long, Dodgers in Cleveland. As the road trip continue, starting a three game set on this Memorial Day against the Guardians Yoshinoba Yamamoto and Gavin Williams. The pitching matchup in this series opener first pitch from Progressive Field is coming up three.
Speaker 5: Ten and now joined by David Basse Here's la Dodgers broadcaster there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 12: Rick Monday, the traveling man with the Dodgers. Ricky Nelson would be proud of you, Rick.
Speaker 9: I'll tell you what you should be here, David. We have the window closed for a pretty good reason. We have a infestation of little bugs that are flying around. So yeah, we're keeping the window closed until a few minutes before game time. And other than that, yeah, you're missing a lovely day. We actually see the sun. There's a little breeze coming in from center field at the present time. So yeah, one of the things that I just have to do. You and I were talking briefly off air. They've got to get their act together right now because losing two out of three in the manner in which they lost them into your against the Mets is not going to get it done. And in that series grounded into eight double plays, that's not going to get it done. Three of them yesterday, So they had two of the three games they hit into three double plays. The other one they hit into two. And for the Dodgers, the theme song continues is that they need to get some innings from their starting pitchers, and they've got the right guy on the mound tonight, that being Oshinobu Yamamoto, who is among the starters for this Dodger bulk club that has been able to stretch out the length of his starts.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and you talk about Yamamoto being one of the leading candidates for the cy Young so far this year. He answered the bell when the Dodgers needed him the last time, snapping a four game losing streak. They need him just as much tonight as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And I think if you look at Yamamoto, he clearly displays a command and a knowledge on how to pitch. I've sent this about a lot of good pitchers. We've said it a lot about Clayton, for example, in his brilliant career, is that he's a good observer also while he's pitching. About that, and I'm talking about observing and seeing what the swings are like does a hitter seem surprised by a certain pitch. Are they late on a certain pitch and being able to channel that into your memory bank and be able to use it regardless of what.
Speaker 2: Your pregame scout report may be showing.
Speaker 9: Because hitters are you know, you have good days, you have bad days, and some days you're just not clicking on all cylinders or as rapidly as you might. And for a picture to be able to observe that along with the catcher, that's very observant too. That's where you really see a pitcher do some surgery from the mountain sixty feet six inches away from home plate.
Speaker 12: Does Yamamoto stand out to you more these days, Rick, considering how many pitchers are throwers more than trying to do surgical work like Yamamoto.
Speaker 9: Dyes, I think so, because now what we are beginning to see, we have seen, at least in my estimation, more curveballs.
Speaker 2: Than maybe the splitters.
Speaker 9: That may have been just against a couple of teams that he did that, But I think that's an awareness that he has and it goes with feel too, because the last outing that we saw him on May twentieth, and that was against Arizona you know, he threw a lot of curveballs.
Speaker 2: And they were outstanding.
Speaker 9: In fact, I'm just looking at the score book and I purposely wrote down the fact his curveball was excellent. He went the seven innings, allowed no runs, only one hit. Yes, the pitch count was rather high, one hundred and ten, but I thought he was about as effective as we have seen him, and consistent is what we've seen him this year.
Speaker 12: The ballpark that the Dodgers and Guardians are playing yet is not the same Cleveland ballpark that Rick Monday used to play in. Do you have any fond memories of Cleveland.
Speaker 4: I'm sure they're far and few between.
Speaker 2: Fond memories, no memories.
Speaker 9: Yes, I mean that was a big ballpark, what they referred to as the Mistake by the Lake. It seated seventy thousand on opening day, you'd get a pretty good crowd, and on the second day of the season not so big. I remember one game I was talking to Dave Roberts and Oral Herscheizer on the bust of the ballpark in the short ride from the hotel today, and I said, you know, we played there years and years ago. At the end of the season. May have been the last series played of the year, and this was I think with the Kansas City as it may have been with the Oakland.
Speaker 2: A's not certain.
Speaker 9: But the crowd was so small that if a vendor dropped any coins we could tell from the dugout it was a nickel dimer quarter. I mean, it was just that quiet and the crowd was very small. This is also the new ballpark, but in the old one. This is the anniversary nineteen ninety three that Jose Consico went back on a fly ball that was hit by Carlos Martinez, and Conseko denied the fact that the ball hit his head and then bounced over the fence for home run. However, our friend Kevin Kennedy was the manager of the Texas Rangers, and even though he said, Knseco came back into the dugout and denied vehemently that the ballt ever hit him in the head. We got a video that shows it, and eventually Knseco did say he had the ball hit me on the head. He never touched it with the glove, hit him on the head, bounced over the fence, and he tried to say, no, it didn't hit me.
Speaker 4: The truth was always a challenge for Jose Canseco.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well there was a great line also, I should say a billboard in the old ballpark. If you remember, Leon Wagner years and years ago, played with the Angels left handed batter. He eventually went to the Cleveland Indians at the time. Well, he had a sign because he had a clothing store, and up on the sign it said.
Speaker 2: Buy your rags from Daddy Wags.
Speaker 9: And it gave the address and the phone number of his clothing store.
Speaker 12: Well, I guess, like you said, Rick, not fond memories, but memories in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well that's when nerew jackets were just coming into fashion. Fortunately they went out of fashion very quickly.
Speaker 4: Yes, thankfully, I don't even wear those.
Speaker 2: Rick. Oh, you probably have one somewhere in your closet.
Speaker 12: Thanks a lot, Rick. We'll check in with you and Tim Nevertt a little bit later. A lot of things going on early on there in Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll send some bugs your way too.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it. We'll send it back to you at the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers Game Plan brought to you by California Community College Financial aids available to help you with the books, the tuition, and sometimes even the rent if you need it.
Speaker 1: It's time to take the next big step.
Speaker 6: Classes can fill up quickly, so en roll today at I can go to college dot com.
Speaker 1: Still they come here on Dodgers on Deck, we will.
Speaker 6: Preview this pitching matchup with Yoshiyamamoto going for the Dodgers. Tim Neverett, Rick Monday will be back with those keys to the game.
Speaker 1: But I'm next.
Speaker 6: We go high and tight with Max Munsey Dodgers Guardians.
Speaker 1: First pitch at three ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Casey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were saying, yes, it's Marongo Casino. Dodgers on on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Guardians Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Gavin Williams to pitching matchup on this Memorial Day Dodgers Baseball. Brought to you by zen She Sushi, hand crafted on sites daily by professionally trained sushi chefs. It's a quick and affordable meal the whole family can enjoy Zensch Sushi. They got the tuna rolls, the spicy tuner roles, the salmon rolls, the temper shrimp rolls. My personal favorite the mango crunchy dragon rolls. Pick them up if you can find them. They also have the poke bowls there at zench Sushie located right next to the deli counter at Ralph's Zen. She handcrafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 5: David, and now what will likely be vasse fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 1: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 5: This is high and tight.
Speaker 12: We're joining right now by a man that has been part of two Dodger World Series championships. He continues to be a guy they can lean on at the high corner, and that is the one and only Max Monsy. Max thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it, of.
Speaker 14: Course, David, anything for you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that you.
Speaker 12: Got those beautiful sunglasses on now and it feels like the season is starting to go Max Monthsy's way.
Speaker 14: You know, all all I can do is just folks on the positives that I've had, and you just keep trying to build on that and move forward. And you know the most important thing to me is the team's playing well.
Speaker 2: I know we had a little bit of a skid.
Speaker 14: Last couple of games, but overall we're playing well, and you know that's the that's the end goal is for the team to do well.
Speaker 12: How big is it to get tom Yedman and Tioscar Hernandez back. It feels like the lineup now is more whole than when any of you guys are out of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Absolutely, it's a huge getting both them back. It feels like we really haven't played all season with you know, a full healthy lineup where guys are performing like themselves. You know, early on Freddie was out, Mookie was sick, and Tommy and too get hurt. I hadn't been playing like myself. We're still you know, Mikey's still coming around, and you know, we just we have not the full line of clicking on all cylinders yet and so you know, we're waiting to get to that point and we know once we do, we're really going to take off. But you know, until then, we're still playing pretty well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and your record's pretty good too.
Speaker 12: When you look at it, it might be kind of scary for the rest of the league with everything that you just said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know that is that is the hope.
Speaker 14: You know, hopefully we just get that lengthen there we can start getting some guys some days off, you know, keep us healthy in the long run. And you know it's always an important thing is try to get to October healthy.
Speaker 12: Can I take you back to the NLCS and your Major league record of getting on base twelve consecutive times, Like, when you're in that type of zone seeing the ball as well as you were seeing it, does any of that factor into you that hey, I might be doing something here.
Speaker 14: Yeah, when when the ball slows down for you, that's when you know you're you're in a good spot. You know you're able to recognize everything, You feel like you're able to get your swing off on everything. That's a it's a really good spot to be in. There's not many times at the course the season where you get in that zone. And so for me, that was a great time to be in it. Uh wish I could have kept it going, but you know that's that's the nature of it. And you know, for me, it was just important to be on basically that many times for my teammates to drop me in and you know, help, let's get that series win.
Speaker 4: Isn't that the value of max month?
Speaker 12: See, we always look at the results, but what you do as part of this whole lineup, like in the NLCS, how much pride do you take in knowing your value.
Speaker 14: I take a lot of pride in knowing that I can be the guy that allows everyone else to be themselves. You know, if guys want to swing first pitch, attack early, they know they can do that if they got me in front of them or behind them, knowing that if I need to, I can work the bat make the picture, throw a bunch of pitches. That way, the inning doesn't get too lopsided in their favor. And it's something that I've I've really taken a lot of pride in, and you know, I know that's what my value is here, is to just be that guy that gives the lineup so much length and you know, just doesn't make it easy on the pitture. Even if it's now, it's still not an easy out. And that's, you know, something I've always always taken pride in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a they called it a lineup for a reason. It's not just you on an island.
Speaker 14: It feels like that when you're in the batters box sometimes, but yeah, it is nine guys.
Speaker 4: You know, it's up and down.
Speaker 14: You know, you're you're really trying to get you know, the opposing pitcher to throw a lot of pitches, get out.
Speaker 2: Of the game.
Speaker 14: You're trying to get some runs on the board. And it is a group effort. It's not just one guy, even though it does kind of feel like it sometimes.
Speaker 12: Max Munsey is our guest before I Let You Go. I spoke to Joe Tory a couple of weeks ago. He was the manager that led the Yankees to back to back World Series championships twenty five years ago, and you said, the biggest message he had to those teams was not to admire what you had done the year before. Do you feel like this group has done a pretty good job of not admiring what you did last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: You know, part of that was going to Japan this year. You you don't have a ton of time in the offseason. You know, the whole point, the whole goal was to be playing late until October November, and then that means you have a really short offseason, and then for us going to Span with and even shorter offseason. So I don't think a lot of guys had a ton of time to kind of sit there and reflect on, you know, last year. It's always a little tough when you know you're you're you're playing teams that have guys from the team last year, and you're doing ring ceremonies and you know, you're wearing the jerseys you got all this other stuff, and it's hard not to admire it sometimes. But I think for a lot of us, we've just you know, stay focused on taking it one day at a time. And I think that's also the beauty of having an older team that we know we have a lot of guys that know how to just, you know, you take this season one day at a time, and you know what what you did the day yes, you know yesterday, the day before, that doesn't really matter what you think you might do tomorrow, it doesn't matter. All that matter is what you're gonna do today. And that was the message we've always been trying to, you know, Preacher, is what can you do today to help the team win? And you know, when the day's over, you flush it and you move on to the next day.
Speaker 4: Be where your feet are.
Speaker 12: Maximuncy always is thanks a lot for the time, and you mean a lot to this team. And you mean a lot to Los Angeles. So keep it going and stay healthy.
Speaker 4: Appreciate David there.
Speaker 12: He is the man, Max Munsey, and he'll receive a gift card to Javiers.
Speaker 4: Yes that Hobviers. He's not taking me.
Speaker 12: There's a new location in downtown you might see Monsey. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 1: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, Damn, thanks a lot.
Speaker 4: Max.
Speaker 6: Dodgers looking to bounce back after the loss last night at City Field in New York, dropping two of three over the weekend to the Mets. Is The road trip continues now in Cleveland on this Memorial Day Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game day, it's group Day and Shaky's dot Com leading you up to first pitch from Cleveland Dodgers and Guardians. Up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunted on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Guardians on this Memorial Day and leading him to first pitching Cleveland in the series opener, first pitch seven for three ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Now, before the Dodgers hit the dining, we look at the pitching matchup for.
Speaker 6: Any about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard in play hard at a New Tacoma with an I fours Turbo Charts engine. It's a truck built for the bowl. To see your Toyota dealer today, they make it easy. Gavin Williams on the Mount four and two with the three to twenty nine ERA, twenty five year old right hander, first round pick back in twenty twenty one. They nicknamed him Big Rig because he's six six, two fifty said his third season in the big leagues this year, he's becoming mostly a fastball as sweeper pitcher. Making his eleven start this year in the month of May two to zero with the two to twenty five ERA and four starts last time outs six innings, one run, two hits, six punchouts in a win over the Twins. This is his third career start against the Dodgers. He's zero to two with an eighteen Rora. Last time the Dodgers saw him last September at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 1: He failed to make it out of the first in.
Speaker 6: He gave up five earned runs on two hits and walk three in two thirds of an in his shortest start of his career. Yoshinobu Yama Modo on the mound for the Dodgers five and three, one eighty six ERRA. The twenty six year old leads the National league and opponent's Battian Average opponents slug opponents OPS and ranks amongst the national leaders and ERA whip opponents OBB and strikeouts. Making his eleventh start of the season last time out arguably his best. Seven shutout innings nine strikeouts. He took a no hitter into the top half of the seventh inning. He leave the game with a no decision after one hundred and ten pitches. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Gavin Williams Dodgers Guardians from Cleveland. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 1: Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue all season Loft.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and the Guardians on the Memorial Day. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Gavin Williams the pitching matchup in this series opener, as the East Coast road trip continued through the Dodgers after dropping two or three in New York over the weekend to the Mets. Dodgers now in Cleveland, first pitch coming up at three ten Before that, though, we head back out to the booth. Two guys on the call for this one, Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Tim, thanks very much. We count you down to the first pitch Here at Progressive Field in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The flags are at half staff on this Memorial Day in remembrance of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, and we remember them here today as well. Dodgers will send Yoshinobu Yamamoto to them on. He is the ace of the staff and the Dodgers looking for a lot of length out of him after he took a no hitter into the seventh in his last start against the Arizona Diamondback.
Speaker 9: One of the notes that I made after that start the last time against Arizona's you're referring to is that I wrote down he threw a very high percentage of curb bows in comparison to what we normally see with the split finger fastball.
Speaker 2: Is that something that he has believed in?
Speaker 9: Is that something we're going to see now continue on and even build up a little bit more. One thing about it for Yamamoto, he's allowed just a one seventy two batting average against him. That's the best in the National League of all starters. So if you're a hitter, you'd better take opportunities if you get a pitch to hit because he's not allowed too many of them.
Speaker 8: Especially if you're a lefty left he's only hitting one twenty eight against him. The key tonight for Yamamotos going to be the Dodgers need to get some runs for him. His run support average is the second worst and major League Baseball only two point one seven runs per game when he's in the ball game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man.
Speaker 9: The other part too, is how to get runs. And if you're looking at Gavin Williams, I mean the last three starts, he's two and oh with an ERA barely above one and a half. He's turned it around because the first four starts that he had his ERA was well over six. He's dialed it back in very well.
Speaker 8: Gavin Williams has reintroduced the two seamer into his repertoire. Hasn't used it for most of the season, but he plans on using it to night against the Dodgers. Gavin Williams and Yoshanobu Yamamoto, the Dodgers and the Guardians coming up from Cleveland.
Speaker 6: Tim all Right, Dodgers looking to get back on track with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound. But first things first, they gotta get after Gavin Williams, a big right hander for the Guardians who's been tough at home this season.
Speaker 1: That progressive field first pitch is next, Tim and Vassain's got your cover for all the postgame.
Speaker 6: When it's when is over enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. All you'll know where