Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZST radio.
Speaker 2: All right, Don, if you were in downtown Boston today, it's been cold day. There was a demonstration, and the demonstration has kind of it was a lot of the progressive groups were demonstrating. As a matter of fact, Madison Rogers covered the demonstration for w b Z Boston's news radio, and we will get to Madison's report in just a second. But this is a group that is uh they are calling themselves, I guess, well, a bunch of different names. Three point fifty mass will rally with allies across Massachusetts to protest the illegal coup happening right now in Washington. Join us tomorrow in Valentine's Day at the Parkman House of the Boston Common and then they marched to the Kennedy Building in downtown Boston. Uh. No, no one elected Elon Musk. The cruelty of this administration impacts all of us. Us all join us. So it talks about the bandstand on the Boston Common. Stop the coup goals. Do you remember the Trump people got in trouble with stop the Steal back in two thousand and one when you had the riot at the Capitol. Now today, everybody seemed to be in fairly good order. They I think that they marched a little bit and might have impacted traffic somewhat, but not in the way that I think it has been done in the past and maybe done in the future. But what I thought was interesting was these were the frontline groups. Now they their phrase the impacted slash frontline groups. There were nine of them that made up this demonstration. The Boston Dyke March, the Boston Coalition for Palestine, Green Roots Home for All Massachusetts if not now, Boston North American Indian Center of Boston, the Palestinian House of New England, the Palestinian Youth Movement, and the Springfield Climate Justice Coalition. So there seems to be some pro Palestinian groups here, some climate groups. And then they have those are the nine impacted groups. This is from their press release. And then they have fifty six groups some of them you know, well the first one is three point fifty mass So whatever that is, that's the group I guess that was heading the group today. The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts understand that Boston Democratic Socialists of America, Okay, Canton Residents for a sustainable, equitable future. That would be craff if that's a tough acronym. The Communist Party of Massachusetts. That's group number eleven. Now I didn't realize we had an active Communist Party of Massachusetts, but I guess we do. The Extinction Rebellion Boston. Don't know what that means, friends of the Notch Forest, they probably had a big delegation there today. Some of these groups I can't even pronounce, but that's okay. Indivisible Boris and beyond. I have no idea what that is. Indivisible Melrose Wakefield plus indivisible mass Coalition, individual indivisible Upper cap Cape. So I guess that's a whole lot of indivisible visibility. I guess the mass Power Forward Coalition. That is not Boston Celtic players who play Power Forward. Okay, it's a group called the Massachusetts Powered Forward Coalition. I assume that is, I mean the Celtics. You only have a couple of power Forwards. Anyway, what else we got here? Just some of the ones mother's outfront Massachusetts got some mothers in there, north Shore for Palestine. Next one is north Shore individuals. We get a lot of Palestine. A lot of individual groups here. Progressive Democrats of Massachusetts, that is, that's a very important group because they are destroying the Democratic Party as we know it. Progressive Massachusetts, Progressive mass of Western Norfolk County. I don't see Progressive mass of Eastern Norfolk County, but I'm sure there is such a group. What else do we have here? The Sierra Club of Massachusetts. That's a very legitimate organization, the Stop Bullying Coalition. I mean, everybody should be in favor of that. Trees as a public good network. Okay, and the Workers were Party of Boston. I did skip across someone, but that gives you a sense and to give you a sense of how it all went down. His report filed today by w b z's Madison Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Hundreds of people thought bitter Wins through downtown, crossing in a march from Boston, come into the JFK Federal Building. They're rallying cry. They accused President Trump and Elon Musk of an authoritarian power grab, and they're not happy with the response from Democrats either. A blow after blow, each headline allounds to my heart, charting the rapid descent of our country into fascism and Authothecy Niantin Narowitz is with the Springfield Climate Justice Coalition, one of close to one hundred organizations that took part in this rally. Speakers here say they want this Valentine's Day to be a day of community and resilience downtown. I'm Madison Rogers WBZ, Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: A lot of passion there, a lot of passion. Now, I'd love to get your reaction to this because I think we're going to see more of it again. We're going to see words like coup and fascism that those words were used in some part during the campaign. Oh yes, the campaign. There was a presidential election about three months ago. What December January Field, it's a little bit one hundred days ago. Now, actually, I think it would almost be exactly one hundred if you did the math, which I'm not going to do, but that's okay. You you have December January, that's sixty two days right there. We have November fifth, so that's another twenty five days, So that's probably eighty five days and it's the fifteenth. It's exactly probably one hundred days since the election. And we deal with presidential election every four years, and sometimes we vote democratics, sometimes we vote Republican and just as crazy as the January sixth election was, and we certainly have talked about that a lot. Here at nightside, I look at these demonstrations that are beginning to sprout up. You can sense they're getting a little bit of momentum, the Communist Party of Massachusetts and the Socialist Workers Alliance. I didn't see any legitimate union organization there today. None was represented. They had a list here again of how many groups. It was over sixty five groups, sixty five groups. Some of the groups sounded the same, but there were sixty five groups, and it looked to me like they probably were one hundred people at the demonstration. As best I could tell, it wasn't a huge demonstration, but certainly it was loud, noisy. So my question is why where were these people last September, October and November, And did they participate in the demonstration in the election or did they sit on the sidelines. If they participated in the election, and they if they did, I don't know that they did, why would they not sit back and say, Okay, we lost, just like the Republicans lost, and the Republicans did lose. Trump lost in twenty twenty, and let's see what it's going to happen. That's my first question. If they didn't participate, if they sat on the sidelines and for whatever reason wasn't happy with either the Trump fance or the Harris Walls ticket, what do they have to complain about? So I'd like to open up the conversation. How much more of this street theater are we going to see in Boston and elsewhere around the country. What purpose is served? And did they not get the message from the voters in America? Now? Again, the Trump campaign likes to say they have a mandate. I don't think they have a mandate, but I do think that they have been given the authority to lead. Donald Trump seems to be doing exactly what he said, and I know that it's shaking some people up. But I would ask those in the audience who are sympathetic to this group, and if you are, I'd love to hear from you. We have a thirty seven trillion dollar national debt, We have a GDP, an entire GDP every year of about twenty five trillion. We are in Banana Republic territory here from an economic point of view, when you're debt a nation's debt exceeds its GDP, that's a problem. We used to talk about what percentage of the GDP can the federal debt rise to? Before we should be really worried about it. I mean when when George Bush took over twenty four years ago or twenty yeah, twenty four years ago, our national debt was five trillion dollars. It's now thirty seven trillion dollars, so it has increased seven times. Now you may say our day numbers, I don't get numbers. I don't get numbers. Let me tell you a billion dollars, okay, is a thousand million dollars, and a trillion dollars is a thousand billion dollars. And we have thirty seven trillion dollars. That is generating interest that we are going to owe more and more. Now, maybe not my generation, but if you're younger than the baby boomers, it's it's gonna come. It's gonna come sadly for young people. And I think a lot of young people are beginning to understand that. And you can march in the street, and you can protest, and you can use whatever language you want. I don't think a coup's going on. I don't think that where in any jeopardy of becoming a fasci estate. I think Donald Trump and Elon Musk are trying to cut federal government a lot, and I think they want to send a lot of the obligations that the federal government have now assumed, like education, back to the States. That's a philosophical difference, simple as that. It's not fascism. It is a philosophical difference. They have felt that maybe there's too many people who are in this department or that department. Seventy five thousand people have tendered early resignations. They have been given an incentive by the Trump administration, which I hope the Trump administration follows through on. I know that there's some question about how certain the promises were or will be. They're talking about giving people their salary all the way through September. There's a lot of people. By the way, Federal Judge Georgia O'Toole, I think did the right thing here in Boston. He looked at it pretty closely and he said, you know, I don't see a problem with this. It's better that people voluntarily decide to resign. I mean, if you're an older worker and you're looking to retire, maybe all of a sudden you feel that your health is not what it once was five ten years ago, and you want to enjoy some retirement as opposed to working and dying at your desk. Different people have different motivations. I know that there are some people who were down there in a probationary role. They took the job realizing that they couldn't achieve permanent status or tenure whatever the phraseology would be, that have to work a couple of years, and there's that period of time. So again, it's not a fascist state, it's not a coup, but you have all of these wild eyed, crazy, radical progressive organizations which you're going to try to make a lot more noise in the next few weeks. They see it as an opportunity and the next type demonstrations you'll see today it was a demonstration in a march. When the weather gets better, I predict could be well, I'm not gonna be wrong, but I always leave open that possibility. These demonstrations will begin to block traffic here in Boston and elsewhere. They've run that play before it's been effective, they were oftentimes treated with kid gloves. I don't think they're going to be treated with kid gloves this time, but we'll see. So I'm gonna open. If all lines up, we're gonna talk about this for an hour. Then we're going to talk about love at ten o'clock with Carrie Brett. Carrie Brett, who has written a new book actually released today. It's entitled Shot at Love. She's a great photographer and she's going to talk about the ups and downs within her own life and how love comes and love goes. And I know Valentine's Day, everybody assumes everybody is perfectly happy. It's not true. Some people have great Valentine's Days and some people have Valentine's Days where they were alone. Whether you are listening tonight with a loved one or you're sitting there by yourself, we're here for you throughout the night, and we will have Carrie Brett with us. At ten o'clock. We're going to do maybe forty minutes here of serious political talk. Then we're gonna talk about affairs of the heart, and then later on we'll talk about what grinds your gears, and then we'll be at midnight. My name's Dan Ray. Here are the number six one, seven, two, five four ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Demonstration today wasn't a big demonstration. It was noisy, maybe inconvenience some people a little bit who might have been driving in automobiles. But the worst is yet to come. Trust me on that. The worst is yet to come. And these groups, I want to know, how can you spend an entire friday? How much what these people have jobs? Or did they have Fridays off? Did they take a long weekend? Valentine's Day is not a holiday as far as I know. Monday's a holiday. If you're gonna do a demonstration, do it on Monday. Maybe they'll be back on Monday. You never know. I'll be back on Monday, and if they are, we'll talk about that on Monday night as well. Coming back on night Side, let's get the phones going back right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World Nightside Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about a demonstration in Boston today. Madison Rodgers file a report. We have another report from her was similar. Basically, you heard about it. I want to know what you thought about it. We're gonna go to Chris and chelmsaid, first off, Chris, you're first this hour on Nightside. Go right, hey, Chris.
Speaker 4: The one question is I hear did you say it was three fifty? There's only three hundred and fifty cities and towns. How I heard you say earlier than the nine o'clock I were that there were sometimes that were demonstrated and awesome too, wasn't it a demonstration? Can't go three four years ago? That block ninety three or one twenty eight?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that that that was done I think during Trump's first administration, and that play will be you'll see that replayed again. No, what I said was that there were some of the the groups here Chris, are are they? They seem to associate themselves with a group, for example, the Cambridge Citizens Coalition. Now I don't know how many people in Cambridge belonging to the Cambridge Citizens Coalition. You and I could start a group if I lived in Chelmford called the Chelmford Citizens Coalition, and it could be two people. I was just trying to say the ones that struck me most interestingly is you had the Communist Party of Massachusetts. I didn't even know that they still existed. Me too, Workers World Party of Boston. How many how big a group is that they could have a meeting in it if they still had telephone booths, they could have a meeting in a telephone booth.
Speaker 4: Exactly. I'm pretty six years old, and I'm like, could give me a break. They can't believe it, Oh manez so is going for the weekend.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm sure they had their their, their their demonstration today and I suspect they'll probably have one on Monday because Monday's a holiday. I don't know how all of those people able to spend today demonstrating. I thought today was a work day, but that's okay. They did their demonstration, and I just wanted to point out who they are, and again, they had I don't know, sixty five supposed organizations. There are a lot of the groups that were the Boston Coalition for Palestine, the Palestinian House of New England, the Palestinian Youth Movement, so there were a lot of groups that associated themselves with Palestinian rights along with the Communist Party in Massachusetts, Boston, Democratic Socialist of America. I don't know how many of those people, but when you add up the groups, it probably was like, I don't know one hundred or one hundred and fifty people there. If you have sixty five groups coming, you think, man, that's going to be a huge demonstration. It was a nice demonstration, but it wasn't a huge demonstration. And for them, basically what they're trying to say is there's a coup going on in Washington. No, there was an election on November fifth and and Donald Trump and JD. Vance won, and they have some ideas about how they would like to shrink the role of the federal government. That's what they're doing.
Speaker 4: And hey, you blame them.
Speaker 2: We have a federal debt of thirty seven trillion dollars.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, Yab, I just can't believe it. What is going on here? Well it is. It's actually ninety four days. It'll be many five day tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well whatever, it's about one hundred days. I think if the math, if you do the math, today's the fifteenth. They were twenty five days. Yeah, I'm not going to argue over the days. Plus it's one hundred days. But it doesn't matter where were they during the election.
Speaker 4: Okay, exactly, good question, very good questions. Then, Ray, all right, and this is the first time today on night day, the first time what I have heard this. There is this demon station there who is not mentioned on the news tonight on Channel four or five or seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are some stories about this demonstrat. No no, no no. I watched the evening news tonight and I know Channel five carried it on their newscast, and I think Channel four did as well. I know w b Z. Did you heard the Madison Rogers piece.
Speaker 4: Hey, Chris so I got a scool Okay, you too, Limits ANDIGND you too.
Speaker 2: There's there is good news. The Red Sox signed Alex Bregman. So that's that's good news. Okay, thanks, good night. It's nine thirty. We got Tom coming up on the other side. Sean and Habel got some room for you. I got one line at six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and a couple at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. My suspicion is we're going to see a lot of this, a lot of this. There was very few. These were the pol This was the hardcore left that was demonstrating today. This wasn't even the anti immigration folks per se, this was the hard core left. These were the people that probably will help Donald Trump's ratings. I mean, that's the point the Democrats, uh, you know, for Chuck Schuman to be out there with uh with a Corona beer, uh and an avocado, and I don't know if you heard him yet, we will win. I mean it's normal Democrats right now do not know who the leaders are. And that's the subject that might take up on Monday night. We'll be back on night Side right after this, after the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the calle for go to go to Tom in West Virginia. Tom, you were next on Nightside, Go right ahead, Tom.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for telling Dan. You know, I think a lot of a lot of these leftists, a lot of them are just malcontents that are just in perpetual revelation. Now I'm I'm a union member, and I can remember in the eighties and nineties in Boston, organized labor when it came to the building trades would really distance themselves from communists. And I mean that goes back to the nineteen fifties when the organized purge, the rank and filed, We got to get the reds out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they still do. There was there was no one at this demonstration today from any legitimate labor organization that I could see. I read off the names of the group's tom they It's like it was like a compendian and you know radical groups you could find.
Speaker 5: Right And you know, if you go back, you know one hundred years ago, Yeah, you had the industrial Workers of the world, one big union will rule the world. Well, you know, we have a capitalist society that has really brought people from abject poverty into the middle class. And you know, back when I was a Democrat in the eighties and I went to the state convention twice nineteen eighty eight in Springfield when the police had the picket line and then Walter Brown arena as a delegate both times.
Speaker 2: How does that? How does that relate to what we're talking about tonight?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, people the high believe about Elon Musk and Trump. What I'm to do is expose the waste, fraud and abuse, and progressive should be celebrating that they're not going to take away your social security, you know. In other words, I have elderly friends that are just recently got their social security. They haven't had any issues with that, so they haven't.
Speaker 2: And when you have the fact, you know, Donald Donald Trump earlier this week was talking about coming to an agreement maybe to end the hostilities in Ukraine. Normally the left in this country wants to see, you know, hostilities ended. I would think that they'd be celebrating that that, you know, after after Joe Biden muddling through this situation and giving Ukraine some military support and withholding some military support, and they've been grudgingly giving him the military support that they say, gee, this is interesting. Trump's talking to Putin. Pruton's a bad guy, but maybe if Trump can get him to back off Ukraine and stop the killing over there. You would think that some of these groups, we see that's that's okay, that's a good thing, but no, they want us.
Speaker 6: That they.
Speaker 5: If we go back twenty years ago, these are the same people that were calling George Bush a war criminal, a murderer, and a racist. Okay, when George Bush gave Michelle Obama at Trump's first inauguration, all of a sudden he became a responsible Republican. Like I said, these people are malcontents and there is not a fascist movement going on in this country.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The the other thing, the other thing, which I just want to have a conversation with you. The other thing which I think is really important today is here. It is Friday. This is not a holiday. Where do these people work? I mean, they they're there from noontime, I guess until one point thirty? Are they working? Do they have jobs? What are they doing? I mean, how how are they surviving?
Speaker 5: They're professional protesters, many of.
Speaker 2: Them, and then profession At some point next month or next week, we're going to wake up and be told, well, traffic has stopped on the Southeast Expressway because people are out there linking arm and arm and they have their hands and cement. But you know, that's that's they're going to go right back to the same place.
Speaker 6: I remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well they did that in two thousand and eight, and in I believe it was Suffolk County, a judge slapped them on the wrist and congratulated them on their social justice attitudes. But here's the reality that if they do do that, and let's say there's a heart attack patient in an ambulance, it's held up. The public outcry is going to be no, we want them sentenced to prison. They can't have these public temper tansions like that. If they want to have a massive rally on Boston Common, be my guest. It's a free country, which they did today, which don't have the today.
Speaker 2: But once, once time, once, once Elon Musk doesn't, you know, decide that he's going to give up his American citizenship and move back to South Africa. They won't be satisfied. And the next thing they're going to be doing is they are going to be out blocking traffic on ninety three, on the Expressway wherever they can do that, and there will be people in ambulances who will be adversely impacted. I talked to people the last time this happened. There was one couple who had to abandon their car and literally run to the exit and then try to flag down anyone so they could get to the hospital where I guess the mother was undergoing surgery. The eighty nine year old mother was going undergoing surgery. There was one woman there last time, a few years ago, when these clowns did this. She had two kids in the backseat, trying to take them to a doctor's office. Both of them had double ear infections, and anyone who's had kids knows that when the kids have double air infections, they are screaming in pain. And this woman was stopped in dead traffic, and that's that's the position she found herself in. The demonstrators don't care about those people. They don't care about people into the ambulances. They just care about their ability to mess things up for other people.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, all I can say is be careful what they wish for, because I will tell you one thing in my situation, if they see they see my Trump twenty twenty four sticker on the back of my pickup truck and they bust my windshield, I can't say what over the air is gonna happen. No, absolutely, But with the great imagination, it's the Great Malcolm X. As the Great Malcolm X once said, I will defend myself by any means necessary.
Speaker 2: All right, on that point, I'm gonna zero overnight. All right, Thank you to thanks very much. Talk later. I got a couple of lines at six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We will change topics at ten o'clock, so I give you fear warning. Now. Sean is up next, followed by Paul. We can probably get you in if you want to die right away six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty b right back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Back to the phones. Let's go to Sean, who is joining us from haverl Massachusetts. Hey, Sean, welcome, next on Nightside.
Speaker 8: Hey, how are you doing, Dan?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, Thanks for calling in, Sean. What's your take on what I think will be more more of these demonstrations.
Speaker 9: I tell you I'm gonna I'm gonna just share this. To start off with, it must be good to have time to not go to a job, not being able to pay, you know, like if you have if you have a mortgage, you know, taking the time off so that way you're not earning the money to do that and protest. I mean, you know, it's crazy. It's crazy, and you know that when it comes to the last four years, I'll say, especially with I just want to throw this out there with us just throwing money at Ukraine, uh and not asking for anything in return, as well as US leaving mass full of weapons behind in Afghanistan, you know, everybody.
Speaker 2: Million dollars worth of weapons. I mean, oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, you'd think that that would be an investigation for an impeachment on that front.
Speaker 2: But you know that put it out the the the president who oversaw that debacle is no longer president. So that's that is a movie the.
Speaker 9: Lord for that. And Dan, I just want to say one thing. If you were to, if you were to scroll through some of the social media posts over the past couple of months, I'll tell you it just seems like the people on the left are not paying attention to what's going on. They think that Elon Musk is a bad person, you know, all this other stuff. He doesn't need the money, you know, and he's not getting paid for helping out Donald Trump and the American people, you know, and people just aren't getting that, and they I.
Speaker 2: Think the far left is so far out of it is even funny. I'm happy to see them out of touch because the longer they stay out of the country will be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, no, I get it. And it's just like and the.
Speaker 2: Democrats have to figure out. The Democrats have to figure out who in their ranks is going to lead them back to reality and whether or not it's Governor Shapiro in Pennsylvania or Governor Cooper in North Carolina. It's not going to be AOC and and it's certainly is not going to be Chuck Schumer. Ernie No, I mean, yeah, Bernie's just going to age out at some point, that's for sure. But God loved Bernie. With Bernie, you know, he's he's been preaching the same doctrine for his entire life. He is a socialist at his at his core, he's really a communist. But but he's sworn enough to say, hey, I'm just a socialist. He's not stupid stupid, and he also has a whole bunch of properties. He's he's he's probably one of the wealthiest socialists in this country.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't doubt it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't doubt the politics had been very, very good to Bernie. If you if you remember the GA Saturday.
Speaker 8: That well, yeah, right.
Speaker 9: One thing I just want to say in closing is why don't we have term limits on some of these politicians?
Speaker 2: They're making the people that have who's going to vote the term limits. The po we're asking the politicians to vote themselves term limits never gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's unfortunately.
Speaker 2: I mean, the presidents of the United States didn't vote themselves term limits that was imposed by Congress. But they weren't on term limits on Congress. They were voting on term limits on the other branch. Gotta go. Sean loved the calls. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 7: Hey, good get the talk.
Speaker 9: He Dan, call.
Speaker 2: Again, Thanks much. Let's go to Paul Paul and Dorchester Paul next on NIGHTSI goright ahead.
Speaker 7: Hey, Dan, I called make a couple of points. I got like five or six emails today asking me if I would like to go to a demonstration in Boston, and I'm like, no, delete it. And then I got another one. I'm like, all these different organizations were fishing for people to go, and I think that this was organized and by one larger group perhaps, but they were just empty barrels get together and make a lot of noise. And that's one thing.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 7: Number two is that in my sixty seven years of dealing with politicians and politics, it's been the goal of every budget person to make to spend all their money because if you didn't spend your money, you didn't do your job, and you couldn't ask for more next year. And that's the goal for everything. And the other thing is power is derived from jobs. Okay, you're gonna get your daughter is getting married. Well, you know your son in law is going to need a good job. Oh sixty thousand not enough. Let's make them an executive. They give out jobs, they put these organizations out there, they funnel this money out there. It's it's it's almost like Simon says, and and and and simple Simon says that change the sea and democrat to end and you got demon rat and and and that's what we're dealing with.
Speaker 2: There's good democrats. These people are insane in my opinion, they're not insane.
Speaker 7: They used to be.
Speaker 2: They would like, yeah, they would like to take over the country and take us down a road towards Cuba or or communist China. That's where they would like to get to us, where everybody would be equal, but some would be more equal than others. That I feel that I've seen that I got to get a couple more in Okay, thank you.
Speaker 7: For one last thing, one last thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paul, what's that.
Speaker 7: Well, Happy Valentine's Day, sweet hut. Let everybody out there.
Speaker 2: Right back as thanks man, all right, I got to try to get two in here. Let me go to Mike and Arlington and then Bernie in New Hampshire. Mike, go ahead, I'm gonna get you in along with Bernie.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Mike, Hi, Dan, great show. Just one point, there is already another demonstration scheduled on the Boston Common this Monday, and it's called not My President's Day.
Speaker 2: Perfect. How about that. That's good to know that. See if they start to block traffic, they may not block traffic because it's a holiday. They're just testing to see what they can attract at this point. So stay away from the Common, don't do anything stupid, don't count to demonstrate. Let them have their demonstration that's which they have every right they have, and let's see how many people they can turn out.
Speaker 8: Thanks Dan, good night, Thank you, Mark.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the call. Mike, excuse me, thank you, Mike. Let me go finally wrap it up the hour with Bernie in New Hampshire. Bernie, welcome back.
Speaker 6: Hey, how are you doing?
Speaker 4: Dan?
Speaker 6: Thank you? I hope you're having a good evening.
Speaker 2: I'm having a great evening. Thanks for calling. What's your take on all of this?
Speaker 6: Well, I remember I consistent. Me and my wife made a sacrifice that she would say home and race the kids, and I had a job that I could work as many hours as I could and I.
Speaker 2: By and by the way, again, how is that son of yours doing?
Speaker 6: Oh, he's good, doing great, he said, he's doing really well. He has just the ambling and a forge left and he's and he said, he's kind of going through it very easy. But he's put an extra employed so when he goes to rast training, he's in really good shape. So he's really enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Excellent, next one, please again send him everyone out on night side our best. We're rooting for him. Uh, young man just joined the military. Give me I'll give you a final comment here on this demonstration and what to look for. Whatever you'd like to say, go right ahead. Bernie.
Speaker 6: Well, I was just like when they did Occupy Boss that I remember being seven o'clock in the morning driving to Boston watching these people on tent. So I'm the Rose Kennedy greet Greenway, like just smoking marijuana or doing whatever they weren't working, And my buddy says, hey, next time they have one of these, Berney, why don't we just not work and go and hang out here and might do nothing. And it's funny to a point, But you know what about us, people who chose to work for a living and do the right thing and try and just instill all these great qualities that make this country great.
Speaker 2: For years and years, people like you have not been appreciated or you've been underappreciated. And for years and years and years, a lot of people have given all the demonstrators, let him do this, let him do that, Let them demonstrate in the common, But when they start to block traffic, bust them, arrest them and give them some real jail time for real simple that in my li And that.
Speaker 6: Was the point I was trying to make. Four years ago, I was working at Mystic Station in Charleston and I had a heart attack and thank God, like they weren't doing it that day because I was from Mystic Station and Charles, somebody arm Court Casino to the to the mass General will Kadi yak Here unit, which happens to be one of the best ones in the world. Within twenty two minutes. Now, if them idiots were blocked in traffic and I might have had different results. I had the best box movies out of kids.
Speaker 7: OK, thank god, Yeah we did twenty two minutes.
Speaker 2: Again, our best wishes to your son. Keep us posted. We will talk again. Thanks Bernie, thank you.
Speaker 4: I have a good night.
Speaker 2: I we come back. We're going to talk with Kerry Brett shot at Love. It's gonna be a great hour. Ladies, this is one that you should pay very close attention to. Everyone should. We'll be back on Night's ad after this