Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday, and that means we're going to talk about pop and Bravo. That's pop culture and Bravo. And I have Melissa here, you're bish therapist.
Speaker 2: She's here.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Hi, Mary Payne, I'm great, How are you? Thanks so much for having me back.
Speaker 1: It's back by popular demand. Everybody loved when you were on last time.
Speaker 2: Oh they did. Yeah, that makes my heart so happy.
Speaker 1: Everybody loved it so much. I was like, all right, come on back. We had already played it anyway, I.
Speaker 3: Know, and I love you. I love the pod, you know. And we also have talked about I love you know some of the ninety Day stuff. So our world's really just collide in many ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now tell me ninety Day? What are you watching there? What's going on with you there?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I watched The Last Resort one. There's too many names. I can't keep them all.
Speaker 2: Straight, right, right, right, right?
Speaker 3: So I watched the Last Resort I watch like the ones with like I like Libyan, Andre of course, Angela and Michael, because I mean, that's just one of the most catoch relationships in the history of television that I can.
Speaker 2: They're back and forth in court currently. Yeah, oh they are. I see.
Speaker 3: I can't even keep up because it's new every day. Yeah and yeah, so I'm I'm a huge fan of all that universe.
Speaker 1: Well, the new ninety Day Happily ever After is starting this Sunday, and because we just ended ninety day OG, we just ended that, So ninety Day hg A is starting on Sunday and I have already seen the screener for it. And if you like Libyan Andre, it's gonna be for you, It's gonna be for you.
Speaker 3: I heard. Well, I thought I saw on a preview that they're moving to Maldova, which is it's wild. It is wild, but honestly, I feel like I've always saw that coming her family. They were like, don't move, don't move, don't move, don't move, And then I'm like, I don't know, I just you know, Libya is so into his Moldovian culture, which I think is really great, but I just, yeah, imagine with little kids. You know, it's a complete cultural difference and all of that. But listen, if they're happy, then kudos.
Speaker 1: It seems to be that they're going to do it for a while and you know. Her whole point is like, my kids don't even know their other grandparents at all, you know, and that's really not fair. And he's like, and we don't get along with her family at all except for the dad really and one sister. So was the way they could have a better cost of living blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So the HGA is it's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: It's interesting the way they're doing it because and jury's out if I like it or not. It's they have all these couples, so like a lot of them are in Florida, so they're all together at a dinner party instead of having separate.
Speaker 2: Stories, you know, and just really for interesting for me for note.
Speaker 1: Taking, I like to have the couple separate because I could be like, here are the notes for this couple. But when they're all together in a room, it makes it way harder. It's like going to be like a taken reunion notes.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 3: No, literally, that's like what we do for housewives. And it really does make it so much harder when you're because you're trying to like take notes and contextualize a complete it's like each individual couple, but in the complete setting and then that changes dynamics. I know, it's like the other week for the Valley. I swear I think I had forty slides and I was like, this is too many, this is too much. So I could understand. I am a little hesitant about that. What does HHA stand for?
Speaker 2: What does that ever?
Speaker 1: After a question mark? Oh and there's a question mark? H ea, question mark. So we have Libyan on, we have Lauren and Alexi, and we have Yara and Job and they're they're those three couples all get together for dinner interest because they all live in that area. And then we have Darcy and Georgie who are in.
Speaker 3: By the way, I cannot believe. Yeah, Darcy and Georgie are back together. I'm married, not well, I'm married. Yeah, it just like it blows my mind. And I'm fascinated by Darcy and Stacy. Like those two. I will watch anything that they are in. They are fascinating characters.
Speaker 2: We do need another spin off.
Speaker 1: It was great to see It was great to see Stacy alone on the last resort we are in Florian to not have I mean, Darcy did come to visit, but it was great to see her by herself because we've never seen her by herself.
Speaker 3: And I think that's a big part of the problem, the two of them. They have two Yeah, there's too much enmeshment, codependency totally.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, since we're on the subject of Darcy and Daisy, what is your thought on the what is that called in your therapist opinion, when somebody changes themselves so much that they are unrecognizable.
Speaker 3: Oh like physically, yes, physically, Okay, So Darcy and Stacy, I believe there's this, and I have to be very mindful of how I talk about this. When I was in grad school, I took a course where we learned about some you know, psychological concepts and phenomenon and there's this one. It's called fully atsu, which is French for shared madness, and it is a concept that I was always fascinated by because it's so hard to have issues, Like having issues with yourself is one thing, but then when you have this shared sort of delusional piece with another person, it's really really fascinating. And so for me, I think Darcy and Stacy have some of the shared well not going to call it madness, that's you know, that's kind of a pejorative term. But they both seem to be so afraid to be individuals, like they're glued and connected to the fact that they have to do everything the same. They have to look the same, they have to wear the same jewelry, they have to have the same boobs and hair and all this stuff. And I think it comes from a place of lack of self esteem because when they were growing up, from everything I've watched, they felt they were picked on, they were bullied, they felt very unattractive. And you know, I think too, because they are biracial, I think that they were, you know, had some issues being teased for that. And so it's to me very complex because I think while part of it is them trying to distance themselves from being biracial, almost and I don't know that they do for purpose, because they try so hard to look just like a a Barbie doll. Yes, but I do think it also people have these issues where they there's a gap between what they really look like and what they see. So I believe that they both kind of have distorted perceptions of self and others. And when you have a distorted perception of yourself and then you're getting plastic surgery, what happens is you end up looking like a doll because you have such an unhealthy view of yourself and self esteem. So that's a very long way to answer that question. No kind of what I see for both of them.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, it's summer, and in the summer all I do is were linen, and I have gone to Quins to get my linen for the last two years, and oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, you guys, they have the cutest stuff.
Speaker 1: I just bought their one hundred percent European linen wide leag pant and then I also bought this maxi dress and it's called like a popover dress.
Speaker 2: Oh. I've gotten so many compliments.
Speaker 1: It's my new travel dress because it comes down to the ankle, so it's like good on the airplane, but then when you get off the airplane, you're not sweating because it's linen. Oh, I love it so much. And their dresses start at thirty dollars. They also have some new amazing swimwear, these adorable Italian leather platform sales just so much more. And as you guys know, everything with Quints is half the cost of similar brands.
Speaker 2: I've told you.
Speaker 1: About the little chart you look at at the bottom of every single item, and it will compare this item that you're looking at with other brands and what it would cost, and it's the same thing. They work directly with top artisans and they cut out the middleman, and that is how Quints gives you luxury without the markup. And they only work.
Speaker 2: With factories that use safe.
Speaker 1: Ethical and responsible manufacturing practices and premium fabrics and finishes.
Speaker 2: So I love Quints.
Speaker 1: You should to go put everything in your cart and get it because sometimes they sell out. Usually it comes back, but sometimes it sells out. You guys, you got to go get this linen, get those white wide linen pants.
Speaker 2: Oh they're so good.
Speaker 1: Give your summer closet an upgrade with Quint. Go to quints dot com slash pink shade for free shipping on your order and three hundred and sixty five day returns. That's qu i n ce dot com slash pink shade to get free shipping and three hundred and sixty five day returns quints dot com slash pink shade. Y'all, have you ever fallen in love with a couch or a rug or some piece of art on the Internet, and you're like, yes, this is going to be perfect in my den, and then you see the price tag and you almost fall off that couch that you already hate that you're trying to replace. Let me let you in on a secret called dupe dot com. It's ridiculously easy to use.
Speaker 2: I can use it.
Speaker 1: You type in dupe dot com slash and then paste the url the item you were just looking at.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's that easy.
Speaker 1: Then they will show you a bunch of results of the exact same thing for less. Okay, they're not sketchy knockoffs either. Here's the thing most people don't realize. Most furniture sold is mass produced in the exact same factory. These factories sell to all different brands under different names, which list them for different prices. Dupe dot com automatically lists these less expensive alternatives for you, so you're not overpaying for just some brand name. It is one of the most viral shopping hacks on TikTok. If you've seen it, millions of people have already used it. Like, if you find this five thousand dollars gorgeous sofa, put it in dupe dot com. You're going to find it for less. And it's not just for furniture either. It works for fashion, shoes, jewelry, et cetera.
Speaker 2: There was a.
Speaker 1: Dress I was dying to get for this party I'm going to in La, but I was like, I can't afford that.
Speaker 2: I've already got a paid a fly to La.
Speaker 1: I put it into dupe dot com and found the exact same dress for one hundred dollars less. It completely works and I love it. Dup dot com is really so.
Speaker 2: Easy to use. You type dupe.
Speaker 1: Dot com forward slash before any product in your URL, like that's it. You just dupe dot com slash, put in paste that r L and it pops up.
Speaker 2: It's that easy.
Speaker 1: It instantly finds you less expensive alternatives that even have an app and a browser extension you can download. I love a browser extension, no account required, no sign up required, it's completely free to use. Stop wasting money on brand names and start saving with dupe dot com today. Yeah, it's it's fascinating to me, and we saw it also. I don't know if you watched the tell alls of this last season of ninety do Og that finished last week. We have a woman on there, a mini who.
Speaker 2: She came on the screen and people were like, who is that? And this is she's on the current season.
Speaker 1: She'd been on the current season and at the tell all she said it had been six weeks and she had literally gotten a nose job, a temporal lift, a bbl a visit that she'd gotten all this stuff and her face and a like an eyelift. She looked so wild, and then she had tons of makeup on and couldn't because she was only six weeks post surgery. But she looks so different that it was like the first thing, the first thing that was asked, like what's going on here?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: You know, she said she got bullied by the internet to do it. I was like, you're so beautiful before, Like we couldn't even stop looking at her. She was so beautiful you know to us.
Speaker 3: Well, right, and I think like what you see and what she sees are two different things, number one. But number two, you know, I have a very little amount of what these people have, right, Like I'm not famous, but I get a lot of feedback. And people are mean, right, yeah, people the Internet are mean. They're nasty, they're rude, Like the internet is going to Internet trolls are gonnatrol. But if you base your entire self worth on it, yeah, you're gonna have real problems because it's like you're gonna go up and down like the stock market, you know, if we base our self perception based on other people and so that's called an external locus of control, which is when we look at like other people and other things as the reason for like why things happen to us, as opposed to an internal locus of control, which is like I control me, I'm in charge of me. Right, There's like different ways to look at that, And in my opinion, i'd love to know what you think about this, the ninety day universe and all the spin offs. There is just a lot of that insecurity because I think there are people who are essentially regular folks and get thrust into the light like almost like a housewife, but then they're not. So I think that psychologically, fame does a lot to people, and if you don't have a really strong root system of morals and values, you're going to be floating with the wind. And I think that's what happens to a lot of these ninety day folks. They see themselves on TV and by the way, who looks good on TV, like untouched up. When I look at myself in a podcast, I'm like, oh dear god.
Speaker 1: Right, So imagine if you're on like TV and you can't even like control your own like filter or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, I get it.
Speaker 3: It's tough for women, but I just some of these women would feel more self confident and assured and not let the audience, you know, make them do things that maybe aren't good for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's It's super interesting because we have Chicaa on that show, and she's the same she's had she been.
Speaker 2: She she's more like, you know.
Speaker 1: Proud of it, and she's an esthetician by trade, so she's more like, oh yeah, like I got my loves filled and people made fun of them, but I like it, you know. Or I wanted to look like this, so I did it, and I like it and I feel confident. So that's sort of the one thing where with like Darcy and Stacey, we love them so much as like fun characters like that, they'd be fun to go have a drink with, they'd be good girlfriends to have your back, you know, all of it. And then you see sort of this every time you see them they've done something else and they're putting it on their Instagram or whatever, and they're going back and forth to Turkey and getting like the fox Eye and the you know, and you're like, wow, you can't do anything else, Like there's there's no worse space, there's no more there's no procedure you haven't done, like, let it settle.
Speaker 2: See what happens, you know?
Speaker 3: Well, I think to me, Darcy and Stacy also, they're just people who are cripplingly chronically looking for things to make them feel valuable, like Darcy and will wear a stack of jewelry that costs more than my home. And to me, when people are doing that paired with you know, plastic surgery, like extreme to the extreme, and you deal with these unethical practitioners who will do anything to anybody. Right, if there are some doctors that I'm sure they would go to that they'd be like, ethically, we cannot do this, you would help, right, But I just think that they unfortunately are looking for things to fill that void, and nothing's going to fill it other than self love. Like Darcy especially is so guilty of being like you know what, I am fabulous, And it's like but you don't believe that, because if you did believe it, right, there'd be less plastic surgery, there'd be less caring about looking snatched. Like I feel like they should make a darcy doll that you pull the string and it says you.
Speaker 1: Look snatched, saying doing it big yeah.
Speaker 2: Sat yes, yeah right. It's like.
Speaker 1: You can't even like talk about them without all of their catch phrases. Right, it's power couple, you know, like what powerful Okay? Uh? You know they talk they talk in platitudes, right, they talk in like home goods phrases.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's why they are getting better, because you can't live in platitudes, right, you can't live I'm serious. So you know, they like they'll they'll do these turn of phrase and then it's like, but this is why you're unhappy, because you're just being facetious about things that really matter, and you know you're focusing on all the wrong things, the jewels and the clothes and the shoes and the hair and all that. It's like nothing's going to fill that void, but you just loving yourself and that's the that's that's the only thing they're not trying to do. They're trying to do everything else. You know, did.
Speaker 2: You did you see the episode?
Speaker 1: It was many seasons and I don't know if it was I think it was from the Darcy and Stacy show, not from them being on other shows.
Speaker 2: I think it was their own show.
Speaker 1: And Darcy went to a therapist and we only saw our girl one time, and it was the therapist she went to. And it was the most we have ever learned about their upbringing really where she said that their dad, who they're so close to, Papa Silva, he he traveled so much. He was he sort of government contractor or something. We don't know if he was like Cia and just like taking taking people out, like we don't know what he did, but he was gone a lot. And he then we also found out he had had after their mom, he had had several other wives, all from other countries, sort of like what they're doing. But it was very interesting. There was like all I wanted, like was for my dad to just be home with me, so a lot, and then they continue to live with their dad when they're older, not with the mom. I mean, you know, it's just there's so much there with like them not having a father figure around in their childhood, you know, I think has a lot to do with it.
Speaker 3: I fully agree, and I actually do remember that scene because I've watched anything that Darcy and Stacy have been in, and I think that unfortunately, the only people who are supposed to love us and conditionally in our lives is our parents, for better or for worse. And when we have parents who we perceive that they didn't give us the love we needed, or we feel abandoned. And I think that Darcy and Stacy did feel abandoned by their dad. We spend the rest of our lives trying to convince people to love us, and hello, does that not you know, encompass like their whole dating life, right speaking, people who are bad for them, but instead of just walking away and finding someone better, convincing that person to just treat them better. And so I definitely think that's a pattern that I see with women who have a parent wound, especially a father wound, And I think it's it's interesting that they still live with him because I think they're still trying to just get his attention, which is very which is sad, and he loves them, clearly, I think he's a wonderful guy, but he was someone who was very focused on a lot of other things, and I think that hurt them very much. And instead of just processing that hurt or the grief or whatever, they buy another bracelet or get another eye job or something like that. And unfortunately that's not going to do it.
Speaker 2: And do you think extreme plastic surgery is an addiction.
Speaker 3: I do when it's extreme. I think plastic surgery to you know, improve upon ourselves. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, right if you use it responsibly, using it for the right reasons. But I think anything in its extreme form is going to rarely be healthy. Rarely rarely because I don't want to say never, but because it's like, well, what are you? What is that ab that you're trying so hard to radically completely get rid of who you were? Shift that person? And you know, I think there's addictive components to a lot of things that we see on these shows, like you know, again shopping, the jewelry buying, you know, the plastic surgery, a lot of it. There's definitely addictive components to a bunch of it.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking about father issues in picking the wrong person. That leads me to wonder about Brittany because on the valley because we I don't know what we know about her dad. Of course we know her mom and her I mean, her mom can be Wizard's some mom's name. It'll come to me in the second.
Speaker 3: Oh god, yeah, I can't think of it.
Speaker 1: Sherry is Sherry, thank you, Sherry, Sherry and Sherry and a frosted lips, sick and her last time we saw I was like she had a full mullet. We're like, what's happened with Sherry's do here too? But I think Sherry is a wonderful mom. I do think Sherry has also been married a few times. And we've never heard anything about Britney's dad. And I didn't watch Brittany and Jack's Take Kentucky or whatever, so maybe the dad was on that show.
Speaker 3: I didn't either, But.
Speaker 1: You do wonder what would make her continue to think, Oh, I can change him, I can fix him. I'll be that one, because I've done that with lots of guys, like, well, I'll be the one, like all those other girls couldn't change him, but I'm the one, Like.
Speaker 2: Why why would I be? Why would I be the one? Right? And I think a lot of young girls fall into that.
Speaker 3: So I think so many women do. Absolutely, Absolutely, he'll change.
Speaker 2: He'll change.
Speaker 1: Is what is it about Brittany you think specifically, like if we're thinking about her.
Speaker 3: So, I think specifically with Brittany, it's such a good point about you don't hear about her dad a lot. And to me, when you have someone in a reality TV setting and you're not hearing about one parent, usually, to me, that means there's something there, you know, and it could be for a million different reasons. But for all the things that I have watched, I've really never heard anything about Brittany's dad. But I definitely believe that Brittany with a whole vander Pump Rules crew. I think she always felt like an outsider. I think she always felt like she didn't belong and then I think because of whatever history that we don't know about, she really like you joked about and listen, I've done this too, and I'm a therapist, so I hope that makes people feel better. I have absolutely spent my life trying to convince losers to love me. So yeah, no one feel badly, right, we all do it. But I think that Brittany got herself into the scenario where it was like, well, she's in this friend group and now she's on the show, and this is the person that she's chosen. But I really do think she leaned into that fallacy that we all do, which is I can make him change, or he'll change for me, or maybe this could be different. And I think that if it weren't for Cruise, I don't know that she would have ever left.
Speaker 1: I think that's interesting too, because you know, as we know with the situation with Jack's as we know from the after shows and what not, which I did not have a chance to watch the latest after show, what we know from all of that is JAXX did go to rehab twice. He did go to the first one and leave after a week. They didn't show that for whatever reason.
Speaker 3: I wonder why.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they didn't show. But they're giving.
Speaker 3: Jacks quite a generous atit. I'm sorry, Please continue.
Speaker 2: Do you think so? I think I don't think they're giving him a generous edit you do.
Speaker 3: Though, Well, I just think that Jax gets away with a lot of things that are just brushed away or whatever, Like what would be the point of that happening in them not show? I don't know. I just I feel a little irritated about the whole Jack's thing right now, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope they're going to at the reunion dig into. I mean surely, because she has said it on the after show. I mean until he went twice. He went to that one and he left after a week, and then he went completely off the rails, And so I don't know if that's where we started filming, when he had gone completely he had gone one to come.
Speaker 2: Back, or if all of what we saw was.
Speaker 1: That one week he came home, went off the rails, and went again, and they lumped it all together for continuity. I don't know, but I'm going to tell you this from my experience of my husband going to a treatment facility for ninety days. I have a brother in law that was in a treatment facility for ninety days. I know my friend's brother was in a treatment facility for thirty days. I know people that have done the Gamut. I know people who've only done IOP intensive outpatient. None of them allow you to have your phones, and none of them allow you to go home and check your mail or meet your kid in a park. Not one never, And he said, I'll watch what happens live. I can't help it. I mean, I shouldn't have been calling her, but they gave me my phone. I mean, I guess it's like the State of California.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was like, so I addressed this because you know, another thing that programs wouldn't allow you to do is wear your bar sweatshirt for like glorifying alcohol in all the time. That literally because I so, I've worked in a residential treatment facility. I've worked in IOPs and all all the different levels of care, and there are two big things, the phone and no glorifying substance use, meaning with shirts, T shirts, sweatshirts. That's a huge thing. And so I looked up the State of California. They do have stricter rules and rags when it comes to cell phones, like not being able to take cell phones, but it's dependent upon each treatment facility and their rules and regulations.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So there, I guess I'm just gonna stop walking around the issue and say that it certainly seems like there are certain facilities where if it's private pay, you can do a little bit more what you want, right if if the facility is about maybe money or.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's okay. If it's authority, need to do it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's more about money and less about treatment, then you're gonna get these different shifts in rules. Because I agree with you fully, he did not do one thing. If you're on your phone twenty four to seven rage texting people, you're not paying attention to lectures, you're not in ingratiating yourself into the sober community, which, by the way, is a huge part of impatient treatment right getting.
Speaker 2: Away off time, you're sitting with other people that are there. You don't have a choice.
Speaker 1: There's the only people there right right, And you will probably think this is pretty normal. He had like thirty minutes a day or maybe even every other day at the beginning, and he could call people, so like, if I didn't answer, what do you call?
Speaker 2: Like, then we didn't.
Speaker 1: Talk because he would go to the next person. He'd be like his parents or whatever, because that was it. Those were his thirty minutes. And sometimes he would call me and be like, well, you didn't answer the first time, so I call my parents. But now we have like four minutes. So I'd be like, right, okay, I don't trying to figure out what to do about the electricity bill or something, you know, business.
Speaker 2: But you know, it was interesting because he.
Speaker 1: Was like, I'm in therapy nine hours a day and then you know, Jesse or Whoever's like, but in between those like if you got a ten minute pee break, you would and grab your phone to rage text and then put it down.
Speaker 2: It went back.
Speaker 1: How how are you staying consistent with your care when even probably before bed they would he would probably get to have it. And I will tell you this where my husband went. There was the place where he went, and then there was like a fancier section of it that was for like celebrities, okay, and he heard he heard that in that section the celebrities would get their their cell phones at night, that they would be allowed to have them for like an hour for like business purposes or whatever.
Speaker 2: They would say. They they would be allowed to use.
Speaker 1: Their own personal device, not to sit in a room with a phone bank with a telephone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me tell you a little something funny. So the rehab that I worked out, we had a program for professionals, So professionals meaning doctors, lawyers, nurses, people who held licensures that had to work with the state to make sure that license was either intact or you know, given back because of the substance use. And we used old school payphones, like you didn't actually have to put the coins in, but we you know, we turned them on and off. And let me tell you something, I don't care politicians, people who were important the program that I was in, we don't give a shit who you are.
Speaker 2: I don't give a shit who you are.
Speaker 3: No, the whole part of getting into recovery is realizing that you're not special. You're not special, and you're not important, and this is what you are here to do. So I definitely, but it speaks to the fact that people with celebrity get treated, you know, differently, and they shouldn't. Right, there are certain programs that celebrities might not choose to go to because if you know, for example, if someone important came in and we had this happen and they're like, well I need my phone, We're like, that's not going to happen, they would decide to go somewhere else. And so, you know, I think that's very telling.
Speaker 2: I think it's super interesting.
Speaker 1: And he said the reason I looked it up to and the reason was the celebrities or whatever.
Speaker 2: And they stayed in kind of a different building.
Speaker 1: They had their own room, whereas where my husband was, he was in a room with like two other guys. But they had their own space. But they had their you know, they shared a room, they shared a bathroom. And this was more at the other place was those if you paid X amount of money more, you would have your own room and your own bathroom. I was like, I don't have any money for this. I definitely don't have money for that. What are you talking about expensive?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Rehab is so expensive just for regular folks, and so I think that what happens is you have these programs that might be legit, but they need the money because sometimes insurance doesn't want to pay out. I would have so many times where people would come into treatment, the insurance after a week would be like they're done, and I'd have to argue with them and fight and do the whole you know. That was the most aggravating part of the process, and I would usually win. I should have been a lawyer. I'm a very good litigator, but yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: A guy like working on my behalf to get it paid for. My insurance, but it was probably a year's worth of battle.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Oh it's ridiculous. But so the point being, when you have someone who's willing to offer up a load of cash, treatment facilities may vary or bend in flex in terms of the boundaries, and you know, I don't want to be too judgmental about that. It is a business after all, But at the end of the day, I think it really is just about holding people accountable because you just you're not doing people any favors. It's a waste of everybody's time and money if people are being held to different standards because they're celebrities or they're rich or wealthier or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, God, wouldn't you love.
Speaker 1: It's just like somewhere along the way, somebody that was in treatment with Jack's would just be like, Hey, I know it's supposed to be anonymous, but I was in there with him, and here's what happened. Like that dude never came to a group, That dude only had this some kind of sweatshirt that said his own name on it, and that dude was lying and possibly sniff and cocaine in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know what I mean like he's it's he is saying that.
Speaker 1: To me, it appears he is saying the words that he knows he is supposed to say, but there is no meaning behind him. Even I'll watch What Happens Live, which I think is his best performance.
Speaker 2: Jet.
Speaker 1: You could tell he was a biting back the but and but she did. You could tell he was It was hard for him to stop at the end of a statement and be like, oh, what I did was completely wrong. I shouldn't have done that, you know, he because he wanted to go. But you know she did take cruise and move out, So what like I kicked her out?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Well, no, you should have said, do not take my child to leave. If this is how you feel, I will leave. You know he he did it a little. But he tried very hard to just make his apology and quit. And you could tell he had been coached to do so, because it's not in his nature to not end it with a butt.
Speaker 3: Right And you can tell so when someone is saying the words but their actions are are we would call it like incongruent. That usually means that the person is full of shit for lack of a better term. That's not your profession, that's my professional term. You are full of shit. So you know, let me be clear, Jacks is full of it his behaviors and I've seen this a million times. Right, He's not the only guy who goes into a treatment program and acts like this and acts like he's special. There's a term for it, and I talk about it on my podcast. People love it. It's called king baby. Have you heard of that? I had that in the recovery space.
Speaker 2: Okay, I haven't heard that. I love it though, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I say it all the time. People on my Instagram love it. They're like, oh, that's a king baby. So it's king and queen baby, right, it's it's it's for everyone. It's not just relegated to men. But it's this concept and recovery where people get themselves into this.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: M Life's not fair, you know. Yeah, but someone did this and someone did that, and that's where Jacks lives. He lives in this king baby kind of state. And then what happens is he thinks that he's special and deserves different treatment and that life needs to bend to his will. And that's the recipe for addiction, because addiction is sometimes not even about the substance. It's about ego. It's about feeling that things should bend to our will. It's about those leaf systems you know, that go hand in hand with addiction. And so Jackson is the king baby if I've ever seen one, and he has shown me that he is. Has no desire for change, no ability. Anyone can change, but they just have to have motivation to do so, genuine motivation, and when they're ready, they will, do.
Speaker 2: You think I mean? He said?
Speaker 1: He he said on the after show and laughed about it and said that he was like scored nine on the narcissist scale. I was like, out of nine or is it out of tent? But I mean at a nine. I mean if it's out of nine, then that sounds about right.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 1: He goes, I scored like, what like a nine on that narcissist test. So I was like, yeah, how did you.
Speaker 2: Get to nine? How did you not get to ten? Well?
Speaker 3: I don't know what test he took, but I would believe that he would have had a very high score. And you know, I think the most concerning thing about Jacks is that he brags about like lacking empathy, right, he brags about these things like he thinks it's a flex And I think that's the most concerning thing for me, because you know, when people get into recovery, they're usually ashamed of this type of behavior. Like someone in recovery would be like if he had a sponsor or you know, if he was in the twelve step program, I know, not everybody does that. His sponsor would check him hard and be like this is some bullshit behavior, like what is going on here? And you know, I just think Jax is telling us all what he needs to say. I don't think we need someone from the treatment community to come out and say anything. I think we understand he's telling us where he's at.
Speaker 1: We just have to listen, you know. And Brittany has said too. She was like, he hadn't changed. He hadn't changed one' be it. She's like, I mean, she says she does drug test him, and she knows that he drinks still, but she does drug test him before he's allowed to see his son, which is smart. But she says, as far as that goes, he's not doing drugs anymore. But she was like, but he's still the same person. She's like, he's right, check to me this morning. I mean she's like, he's because he cannot control her and he cannot believe somebody broke.
Speaker 2: Up with him.
Speaker 1: Yep, because I don't know if we're facilidated by like you because it was Dozzi, he would cheat on her so to force her to break out with him, right, But in this situation is just I'm breaking up with you because you're a bad person.
Speaker 2: And I don't think that's ever happened to him.
Speaker 3: It definitely hasn't. And now I think what's adding insult to injury for him is his son. And you know, the one thing I've said to be clear is you can't be a good father if you're being a terrible co parent. I've seen a lot of rhetoric about this online and it's like, you can't be a good dad if this is what you're doing to Brittany, Right, you're taking your child's resources away, trying to punish Brittany by not paying the mortgage. That's financial abuse, and that impacts your child. That's taking his sense of safety and security away. And so he can say he cares about his child all day long, but how we care about others a scene in our behaviors. Brittany is absolutely right. I trust her implicitly when it comes to this, and I think he sees his child as a chip to be one rather than a person to care.
Speaker 1: For the fact that it was seven days before he saw his child, after he was on the camera crying about how he missed him and couldn't believe he coudn't see him, and that, you know, I believe, I believe he's sad that he couldn't see his son. But he was just like, well, Brittany hadn't reached out. I was like, no, you could get your car and drive to where they are with a friend, take shorts with you. God knows the along star Frank Schwartz is like fine or Jason or Janet or somebody that she trusts. Take them with you, say hey, I want to see my kid. They can be here. But there's not any reason for it to have been seven days. And then my complain about it, like as if she did it to him, right.
Speaker 3: Right, This is my point. It's that you can put down a substance, but if the behaviors still exist, if you're still a chaos addict, if you're still doing these things, You're still an active addiction. Doesn't matter if you put the substance down. Kiss the chase, Oh yeah. And I find this a lot of times with ninety day people too. By the way, going back to that premut, there's a lot of people Angelina from MTV is another good example from Jersey Shore. There are these people who may not be have a substance, but they're addicted to chaos, and that is a very huge part of addiction in some people. It's just like they need that drama. Their nervous system feels safe with chaos and drama, probably because of how they grew up. But you know, going back to the Jacks thing, I just think that he is being super clear in his intentions. When he behaves the way he does, it makes no effort to change. I personally have called for him to be fired. I think at this point there have been so many Bravo folks who have been fired for much less.
Speaker 2: Jackie was fired for the less before, right yep.
Speaker 1: And by the way, he got fired for the thing that he did again two weeks ago. Thank you saying this is my show, it's my show, it's my show. I was like, that is what you got fired for before. That's what Vicky Gumfelson got fired for. So there was a third there's three people that got fired for doing that.
Speaker 3: Jennifriden, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Or No, am I wrong?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: She had terrible in the Jersey mics.
Speaker 1: That's right, there's it'll it'll come to me like probably tonight when I'm trying to go to sleep.
Speaker 2: But there was three people.
Speaker 1: It was Vicky was Jack By saying like, I don't know what's your problem is. You're on my show. And would you say to Lisa vander Pump when the name of the show is vander Pump, to tell Lisa my show, my show And she's like, excuse me, so I and then he said it again to Zach.
Speaker 2: Zach was the heroes. Zach was the hero of that episode.
Speaker 3: By the way, He's been the hero of many an episode. Zach just such a good friend, so hilarious. He is not afraid of no ghost you know. He's like, I'm not good no ghosts. I don't care. I'm gonna tell Jack's what's up. I'm gonna let people know. Yeah, I'm just loving Zach. He's just such a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 2: I know when he goes not for the last thirty days, and I was like, oh, so good. He was good.
Speaker 1: He was very good on this week's episode of The Valley, you know, get getting ready for Kristen's engagement and stuff. And then I really liked the kind of the mature conversation they had around like Janet and Jason coming and putting on the shirt and the whole thing. But then of course Janet. I was like, I think Janet is great TV. But I'm like, and Janet's to be like, well, we just don't have to say for the rest of the tip because we're like, okay, Jason goes, let's just make it clear you were invited. They just said you are invited, and you agreed because it's her special day and you guys aren't good right now that it would be a bad idea. So you were invited. And she's like, well, let's just go to dinner and maybe we just won't do anything the rest of the JYRP. He's like, what are you talking about? And I liked how he said, we got a babysitter. This trip is for us too, you know.
Speaker 3: He's like, I took time off work, bitch, this is happening.
Speaker 2: We're in Yeah, yeah, they're going to the beach. We're going to the beach. You know.
Speaker 3: But to me, that whole scene, it was so clear to me that once Janet realized it was about Kristin, she just completely spiraled and melted down.
Speaker 2: But she's like, the whole trip is about Kristin.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I was like, okay, I know, which is like? How how like sometimes the entitlement of some of these people, I'm like, are you kidding for a free trip to Hawaii? I don't care. If we were celebrating Jacks, I would enjoy my time, even though I had, even though.
Speaker 2: I just called for him to be fired, I would celebrate him. Would you know?
Speaker 3: That's how much I love Hawaii. I would enjoy that trip, honey. Okay. But I think that Janet, when it's not about her and it's about someone else who she doesn't like, I think she feels very invalidated. But the way that she acts is just so rude and entitled. But the other thing I noticed is how her emotional intelligence, like her EQ. When Jason's around, it seems to be very high, But as soon as he goes away, she's it's it's like completely gone. And so as a therapist, I was fascinated by the switch because normally you don't see that if someone has the capability to have this level of emotional intelligence, you usually don't see a switch back and forth. And so I feel that's really interesting with Janet, which shows me that she really likes to ride the petty train, like that's like one of her favorite things to do. But she has the ability to have emotional intelligence when she's has eyes on her. I think that's fascinating.
Speaker 1: I like her and Jason together so much because I'm like, they seem to be such a solid couple, and when they weren't watch What Happens Live, they were like funny and cute together and He's just like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: She does these She's he's just.
Speaker 1: Wacky Janet, and I he seems to always take up for her, even though maybe I don't know. I think maybe when they get home, he's like, you know what, that was not cool? Like what you know, Yeah, I don't embarrasse me like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I do think he tends to do that, which is probably why she is emotionally intelligent. It's just whether she chooses or not to use it, because Jason does seem like the type of guy that I think because he's a lawyer, sometimes I think he has very black and white thinking about like what's right and wrong, which may just be a hazard of the job. But he definitely tends to seems like the type of person who when she's wrong, he'll let her know you're wrong for this, And truly that is what makes a better person, because I've been with my husband for twenty three years and we have to hold each other accountable, like, hey, you were acting like a jerk, or hey, like what was going on here? That's how we all learn and grow if we're doing this thing called life right. So it's not about being perfect, But I just think she repeats the same behavior over and over, and sometimes the lack of empathy for me is really off putting. It's like, oh, yikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, yeah, I agree with that. Now.
Speaker 1: I can't remember how much you and I talked about the Nia and Danny thing last time, but I'm very interested in it because I see a lot of, you know, Danny's behaviors that are like triggering to me, you know, being married to somebody who wasn't active alcoholism before. A lot of these hiding behaviors, a lot of these like everybody else, does it do a big deal? I need to catch up because everybody's been drinking, Like a lot of the words that come out of the rational A lot and a lot of the looking to see what his wife is doing and putting the drink down and then when she comes over, Oh, I saved this for you because I'm trying to show you that I'm being honest when you're not, you know, right right, the hiding let me say it, the hiding in the pantry was like that got me.
Speaker 2: That got me. I was like, oh, oh that's not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I can't tell you how many people came into treatment after they were found doing something like that because secrecy. The one thing I can tell you that makes all issues worse is secrecy, because secrets really do keep us sick. And they do say that in the recovery space, and it is honestly the truth. And so I think that to regular folks, they might look at that and say, what's the big deal. But for folks who have had those experiences, or who have clinical experience, personal professional whatever, you realize how problematic the lying really becomes and the rationalization the excuses. Right, well, I have to catch up. I have to catch up. I got here late. You know. It's like it's like from the Handbook of Addiction one oh one, it is checking all those boxes. So I understand you and other people being triggered, for sure.
Speaker 1: It's interesting too that what I have said many times about anybody I know that'll say like, oh, so, so, I can't believe they were your girl or boy or whoever. Man Wollman be like, oh, I can't believe they were so drunk. I mean, we had like two drinks. And I'll go, let me guarantee you they didn't have to drinks. Let me guarantee you they had five before they arrived because they wanted to be at a level before they arrived. So yeah, it looks to you that they had two drinks and passed out, but that's not the case. And we found that with whoever that life coach is, that weirdo put your hand on my heart, and that guy, whoever he is, when he got Danny to admit, you know, oh it's shameful, and he got him to admit, like I so sometimes you may take a few drinks without Sony knowing because you don't want them to know how many drinks you had because you're ashamed. And he just nodded and said yeah, And I was like, can we now dig into this, Can we ask them follow up questions? Nope, Let's just move on to Jack's.
Speaker 3: But this is a problem with these what should I call them, like non professional professionals. I don't know how to characterize them. This is the exact problem because in a group setting, I've led bazillions of groups, it's one of the main components of impatient treatment in addition to like all the other stuff. And you know, when you have a girl of people and Danny got to that point, there could have and should have been more delving into that for Danny's sake, not for us, not for entertainment value, not for Bravo, for Danny. But when you have this kind of quasi, you know, these men will do anything to just avoid real therapy. They'll just it's insane to me. And that's what you get with this guy, where it's like, Okay, so he admitted this on TV, and now I guarantee I could see the shame on his face. I could see the shame, I could see the guilt, and I wondered how that impacted him later and how did that impact his drinking for the next couple of days. So I think when there's a real responsibility that is lacking in that scene number one and number two. I also think putting your hands on people touch is a really tricky intervention, and I don't it should only really be present if it's adding so or it's adding value, or if it makes a lot of sense. And I just thought that whole scene just reeked of, like, let's do this for TV, but in reality it could have been really damaging.
Speaker 1: I think that there's a whole and even though it's just a bunch of dudes that are friends or whatever, I think there's a real consent issue there because I think even if I was sitting around with a bunch of my friends and we had no problems with whatever, but you wanted to say like something to them, if they said to me, like you need to put your hand on your friend's hand and look them in the eye or on their what I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, No, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 1: That's not and that's not natural to me, I would not naturally hold my friend's hand or or in this case, these guys would be like, I'm gonna put my hand on your chest, and that's not like a natural way of these bros would be speaking. So it makes them you start off feeling weird before you can even say what it The truth is this man session they were having or whatever. And so many people compare it to that Louis ruelis, you know, sweating on the beach like I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: People compared it to that.
Speaker 1: They're like they're waiting for them model take their shirts off and start sweating and screaming at the camera.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's there's no last detective there. But yeah, I don't think for men there I think when you put your hands on someone like that or force them to be face to face, it does impede the progress of whatever it is you're trying to do. And again, these little things, that's how I could tell that this person wasn't maybe trained in the way that they needed to be trained, because these were a lot of mistakes that I feel like impeded and it and it also like when you have people talking about deep intimate things, there has to be a processing group. It's called a group process for a reason. There are books and books and books written on it. It's not just a life coach sitting people down and saying tell him you're grieving now, let's get up and walk away. That needs to be a processing to this so that there's not these issues later that just the whole thing was just it was not great in my It was.
Speaker 1: Definitely a missed opportunity to delve into, especially because all these guys have been on Danny about his drinking and have Danny admit like, hey, some of what you have been saying is right. You know, I don't like maybe your your approach, but what maybe I And then when the guy said, maybe you have extra drinks when nobody's looking because you feel shame and you could tell it kind of dawned on him. I do do that, and I do feel bad about it, and it dawned on him in that moment he was doing it. And then I was like, Okay, well this is the conversation we should be moving forward with because Jack's just got to have a treatment center, so maybe he could even add something here. And then you've got Jason who's been accusing him of this, and it's like Jesse, who has got his own set of bullshitery, like could we could, Hey, let's try to help our friend here. He's not going to like decide tomorrow to stop drinking, but at least maybe this is conversation that got his will spinning, like, oh wow, maybe I do see now what these other people are seeing in my behaviors.
Speaker 3: Right, And I do think that that's you're It's such a good point. The one and only good thing that came out of that is that I think you know there there's a saying it's not what you say about how you say it. And Jason and some of these other guys have been like chasing Danny with pitchforks and yelling you're an alcoholic, which is always going to put people's defenses up. But it just goes to show when you approach someone with curiosity and kindness, I mean in the addiction community, like most people don't come to rehab and they're like, Hi, I love, I'm so happy to be here. Let me dive in. There's some amount of meeting that resistance and understanding.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It's there's this whole thing called the stages of change Perchuskin de Clemente talk about, you know, when someone's in this level of denial or resistance, there's ways that you have to approach it, and the life coach actually did a good job of that. As you said, it was just a real missed opportunity to like say, okay, well let's talk more about that, you know, let's not just leave this here, and that almost.
Speaker 1: Opportunity for the other guys to hear him exactly and be like, oh, wow, we shouldn't be approaching this like this because actually this is a bigger issue, you know, and not yes, I think if they really thought he like like Jack's when they really realize Jackson is like a full cokehead that is, you know, doing physical damage in his home and possible domestic abuse allegedly, when they realize this is happening, they don't treat it as like, oh, Jackson's so crazy that all of a sudden they're like, oh, this is serious. He needs some help. So this was a missed opportunity for them to sort of like hear what Danny said and be like, we should be coming at him with compassion and understanding instead of like, why'd you take a drink in the closet with a janet.
Speaker 2: She was uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: You know, that's exactly right, And it makes me think that it's less about their compassion and concern and it's more about revenge or payback or making a show. I don't know though, right I can't read into that too much because there's too many other contextual like unknowns, But it does beg that question, well, how much do you really care about your friend? If no one tried, Like if that were me and I were sitting in that group, I would have been like, wow, Danny, thank you so much for sharing, thank you for being vulnerable.
Speaker 2: That was hard to say.
Speaker 3: You yeah, like something like thank you, you know whatever. But they it was just like total silence.
Speaker 1: So and then like, let's talk, Ga Jackson, you have any regrets, And he's like, oh, I regret that my wife is a bitch and put me in rehab. And I regret that I didn't get botox twenty four hours when I got home. I did it forty eight. And I regret that my haircut's not high and tight enough. You're just like, where are they regrets? It's more about I'm just having a hard day, man, just having a hard day. Okay, everybody here's having a hard day.
Speaker 3: Has life is hard for everybody. But you know, Jack's another term I used for it. He loves to take a swim in the pitypool. People in active addiction, like they love a pittypool moment. You know, they swim and then until they get pruney and they're like nope, I'm not coming out. And it's like, well, that's why you're pruney, my friend, your brain is pruney.
Speaker 1: That is so funny. Now you told me that you are watching Next Gen n y C. I dipped in and out of it just because I've got so many other shows on my plate. But it was on last night and I kind of was like, Okay, who's mad at who?
Speaker 2: Because of why?
Speaker 1: I know that they were making fun of Arianna for saying she had a clothing line because she has no style. I was like, ooh, it's not nice. I know that Brooks was saying last night that his mother had terrible style until he got a hold of her, which I sort of loved because she was she was saying something about this is my style, like monochromatic igains. You don't even know what your style is. I know, I'm the one that told you what your style was. And she's like, okay, Rooks.
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 1: And what was going on with Riley? Candy Setter? Tell me what was happening there, because I'm trying to understand there's some sort of allegations of racism, So tell me what that's about.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So this is what happened. Charlie is there's a couple of housewives kids, and then there's like other other cast members, and Charlie is the oldest cast member at age thirty. We don't know why he's there, but he's a spoiled rich kid. He is a trust baby, right but I think he trades very little crypto and just does more, you know, cashing his allowance checks allegedly. But Charlie had an issue with Riley, and when he confronted her about the issue, he wagged his finger and rolled his head and pursed his lips, imitating Riley as a black woman. Oh and yeah, yeah, it was real ugly. It was gross and it was bad.
Speaker 2: And did everybody just like look at him, like, bro, what are you doing? Well?
Speaker 3: Not as so they didn't show anyone standing up to him, they showed. So Riley stood up for herself, and she did it in such an elegantly beautiful way because listen, people of color, they don't owe the explanation to anybody. But she gave it to him anyway, and she let him know, this is a microaggression, this is what you did, this is how you did it. And of course, because he is probably a king baby himself, Charlie, he just ran away from the situation and said, well, I'm not racist, and then just continued on his bullshit like he's a real bravo guy. Let's you know, let's be he fits in well with the Jesse's and the Jackses, like he's just a junior version. Yeah, yeah, yeah. And so but apparently in that scene that was cut out, I think Mandy Slutsker told me this is that Brooks did stand up for her. Because the one thing I love about this cast is that they are intolerant to intolerance. And that's something that I absolutely love.
Speaker 2: Is that generation really.
Speaker 3: Yes, which which is just like it warms my heart because so many people on the show are gay or pan sexual or trans, and so they take that very seriously. And when Candy Burris found out about what happened. Oh my god, did she blow her top? But I just Riley handled it in such a beautiful way to explain to him. She kept her cool, but she stuck to her guns that like, this is microggression, that's not okay. And so in this last episode, Charlie was confronted by Georgia about like, nobody on the show likes you. Why are you here? And then he pulled to Jackson was like, well, no one on the show would have been cast if it wasn't for me. I was like, oh, Charlie, you're Jax Junior. You're saying this is your show, bro, That's wild.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he just a part of that guy that got kidnapped and beat up?
Speaker 3: He was? And I can tell you about that because I read the article. So Charlie was CouchSurfing on this crypto guy's couch and the guy allegedly but you can read about it google it. He and Charlie were in the apartment and the guy who was arrested I think his name was John. He was charged with torturing his Italian cryptocurrency partner, including like torture, taser, electrocution, and allegedly Charlie was there so because he was.
Speaker 1: Trying to get the guy's he was trying to get the crypto passwords for that guy's crypto.
Speaker 2: Okay, guy's a crypto bro.
Speaker 1: Listen, not every story about any crypto bro, somebody's always dead, somebody ends up dead orally scrypto bro stories every single time. So the fact that they were like, yeah, this show's about to start and this guy Charlie was staying at this place where this other guy was being like tortured for his passwords was by the way, he never gave the passwords. They ended up throwing him out on the street because he was like he was like, all right, well he didn't give it to.
Speaker 2: Us, We'll just let you go.
Speaker 1: Could have gone the other way. It goes at the other way with a lot of these crypto bras, they get killed. So for sure, fascinating. So for sure if there, I don't know if they're going to have a reunion or what, but it seems like it'll be one of those.
Speaker 2: With Charlie.
Speaker 1: Maybe we don't know him, because then again maybe not. We are talking about Bravo.
Speaker 3: You're right, we are talking about Bravo. So who knows, but it just seems like going forward, I don't see how it would be possible for him because every like the rest of the cast, they're really lovely, tolerant, smart, good people, and I just think he's that one thing that just doesn't fit in, doesn't belong. But you're right, we'll have to see. I hope there is a reunion because the cast not only is it surprisingly good because I wasn't even going to cover it, but then I watched it, I'm like, oh, this is good. The other cute thing for me that came out of this last episode is that Riley and Arion who were on Atlanta when they were like five together, and they flashed back to their cute little face. Oh my god, I almost died. They're literal best friends now, and I swear to you I could have cried real tears because I just feel like Kim Zolciak is still on her bullshit of stealing money from people allegedly, so which is why she and Candy right, they don't that. That's why they fell out, And now Kim is just taking money from her own child. That's a whole other thing. But I love that Riley and Arianna are just the best of friends. I just think that's the sweetest Bravo like unexpected connection.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it. I like it too.
Speaker 1: And I mean, but Kim Zolsiak has four other kids, yes, four other young children. And it was interesting because I did see that whole first episode when Ariana we just like came out of the gate with like, no, my parents stole money.
Speaker 2: They stole my money.
Speaker 1: I did you know tiktoks and Instagram lives and Amazon everything from the time I was, you know, fourteen and never saw a dime. It was my money and they stole it. Like she didn't say like she's she thought outside stole oh, and she did it.
Speaker 3: And she went to watch What Happens Life recently and Andy confronted her about this, and she doubled down and said the same thing. And Andy asked, well, did you tell your parents that you were going to be saying this, and she said yes. Ariana said, I want to be clear that it wasn't just my mom. It was my mom and my dad, and I told them that I was going to be telling the truth about this. And I think people need to understand how great of a thing that is for Ariana to do to tell her truth because she is still quote unquote best friends with her mom, which I swear I could do a whole podcast deep dive into that because I think that's really interesting. But I love that she didn't keep their secrets and she just hold it very matter of factly. But I watch what Happens life. She also said that they did the same thing to Brielle.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm sure, well yeah, first, and they ran out of her money, so they went to Ariana's correct, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think that Arianna does still pay for things because of her siblings. I think that Kim and Kroy well, so, Arianna said that she basically doesn't really talk to Croy anymore, like he'll always be her dad, So she still talks to her mom, they're best friends. She doesn't talk to Croy. But I think she does this stuff for her siblings. I just wish she would have better boundaries and understand that her mom's poor choices aren't her responsibility. And I think Kim should feel ashamed of herself for being willing to put her child behind the starting line so that she could ball on social media, because let's face it, this is not money going for food stamps or clo. You know, this is Kim's living large. She's doing the same thing she's sows doing. And the other note is that Ariana, when Andy asked about her gambling, she shut down really quick and she said, I'm not going to discuss that, which fair right, fair enough, and I and I understand and respect her desire to keep that private, but it was very telling the response.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to catch up and watch what happens live too. That's another thing I need to because sometimes like I save them up, Like last night, I would try to like stay up because I was like, oh, I think it's going to be somebody from the valley, and then I was like, I gotta go to bed.
Speaker 3: It's hard being this content creator in middle age man, so it's hard.
Speaker 2: Really quick.
Speaker 1: Speaking of middle age, are are you watching the current season of Atlanta?
Speaker 2: We just had the finale.
Speaker 1: I am, yes, yes, okay, So what do we think about because I missed I missed the whole episode wherever this guy Marcus whatever his name was, whenever he came in he said, let's toast to Charles Ugley being a cheater or whatever. I missed that entire party. So I either missed one or two episodes because I left them in Grenada and they were Grenada, and then I came back and then we're at the finale. So okay, First of all, they just a constantly calling, constantly calling Britt a whore. I mean just like it's just NonStop. It's just like, well, you're a whore. I'm like, wow, wow, So that's crazy. So then we had and she didn't She's not going to the Union. She's doing Bravo, which I mean, you know, okay, And then the whole thing about they bring in this guy and Charles Oakley's like, I'm going to kick this guy's ass in the middle of this charity event.
Speaker 2: Like, and she's like, you have to trust me. She should have told him beforehand. You have to trust me. This guy's going to come in and tell the truth.
Speaker 1: But it seems like the guy came in and did not tell the truth and said it was Phaedra.
Speaker 3: Right, And Phaedra was like, we were all like not again, Faedra, No, just like She's like.
Speaker 2: I just got back in this grip.
Speaker 3: You don't think I would do that. But honestly, here's that's the problem. When people lie about really huge things. You can't trust them, you can't believe things that they say. So to me, this whole Michiga, it's like, it's so confusing, you don't know who to believe. I kind of believe that it was Britt. I think brit is, like, while they shouldn't have been calling her a whore, Britt is one of the most problematic people housewives to be added to Bravo. I would argue in a really long time, I think she has dangerous qualities. I think her behavior is incredibly concerning, and quite frankly, I'm glad that she's suing the net, suing the network so she won't be back. But I definitely I tend to think it was more her, and I don't know that Phager would really do that to herself. After not only burning the bridge with Bravo that she's getting a second chance, she also burned the bridge with her married to medicine people, which I died When i Am brought that up, She's like, you can't make any friend groups work, and I was like, ooh, and you know, the oak is right. The Oak is right. Aunt Phedra cannot make any of her friendship's work. And when that is the case. You got to look at the common denominator.
Speaker 1: I do not believe Phaedra would come back for half of a season and screw it up that badly.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would hire this guy. And I love how Cynthia Bayle was like, Now, Phaede's a lawyer. You know, she's not handed somebody an envelope of anything, you know, meet this guy at a bar and hand him an envelope like a dossier, like go to this party, say to this group when it's time to do is you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, no, I know, but.
Speaker 3: She did lie about you know, Candy and Todd wanting to assault Portia, which like, so to me, it's like, well, as a lawyer, I can't use that anymore because as a lawyer, she should have known how egregious that would have been. So I don't I find her funny, But I do tend to agree with you that I don't see her trying to actively do something to mess this up, especially after the first time around.
Speaker 1: And especially because Kenya just got kicked off like four weeks before for doing something horrible and you kind of have to be on your piece and ues you can't be meeting some guy named Marcus in a bar and handed it him an envelope.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I just don't believe that happened. I really don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know who did it, but I don't believe Fa did it. And maybe I'm just a Phaedra apologist. You know, sometimes we have our people in Bravo and we just can't see. Like, even when you're saying the whole thing about Candy and Todd, my whole thinking is like, here's what I think. I think she knew that Candy and Todd where swingers are like to bring a girl in sometimes and fine, that's who cares, that's their marriage. But and they've admitted to that too, And I think that I think Pedra had some drinks and got carried away with her own story. That's what I think happened. I think she said. I think she fully said that thing about they're trying to like drug you and take you home. But I think she got carried away with she heard somebody, somebody say, oh yeah, Porscha was saying she's going to go home with them, and she goes, well, I heard just to make it the words of my Daddy makes a better story, just to put a little spice on it. She didn't know, she didn't know how far, and then she had to like stick with her lie, you know. So she shouldn't have done it, and she should have got kicked off for it, that's true. But now she's back. I don't think. I mean, I'm sure this filming was like only a month or two because she had to come on post Kenya. They had to bring her own, right, So I don't think they're like, we're bringing you in at half salary, will show you, show us what you could do, and then we'll bring you back on if you can not cause any major problems.
Speaker 2: She's not gonna do.
Speaker 3: This simply, and you know what that point like, simply for her bag. I don't know that she would fuck this up right, pardon my language, simply for you know, because Phaeder really is looking at trying to be a mogul. She's you know, molding her sons, who, by the way, are just the most amazing creatures. Just you know, Dylan's like making these clothes and Andy war a Phaedra brought Andy leather pants that Dylan made for him. He wore them and watch What Happens Live, and you know what, Honest to god, they were really cute. They were really adorable.
Speaker 1: And happens when I miss watch and watch What Happens long and I got to get on it.
Speaker 3: Yes again, but I get we got a sleep girl, right, you know, Middle Ages calling it at ten o'clock. She's like, come on, it's time. So but yes, to your point, I agree that it probably wasn't her. But when the when Marcus called her the Godmother of Atlanta, I was I was like, oh, that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: She's in that outfit with those feathers, and she's like, yeah, keep your friends close to your enemy's closer. I'm the godmother. I'm so funny. I'm excited about the reunion. Now I'm excited about the res.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because we're going back and forth about what Fadri did in the past, but they revisited. Did you see the preview for the reunion?
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't seen it.
Speaker 3: Yes, they they Shamia and Portia start to argue about Candy and what happened, and then Fadri gets looped into it. So it's almost like a very delayed continuation of that reunion. Where it all blew up. So I'm going to be like seated with a magnifying glass. Yes, very excited to watch all of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, Miami I also caught up on, and I did miss a little bit of that episode where they were in Milan or wherever they were for fashion week. Larsa and Lisa wear me completely out. I don't want to hear anything else about them. I'm tired of I just I just want Marisol and Alexia on my screen as a freakin' frack a Lucian eth That's all. I just need a show it just them, basically, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Can I, Mary Payne, Can I tell you something so fascinating? So I never watched Miami because I feel allergic to Larsa, like literally itchy, like physically my throat starts to close it. I can't take it. So and I always felt that way about her, even like pre you know, whatever she's doing with herself now. And that's the same reason I didn't start watching vander pump Roles initially because I felt the same way about Jax. I felt itchy and allergic to him, which I'm glad to know. I still got it, and my assessment skills are still spot on. I cannot. So I started watching the season seven, the first several episodes, because I was like, I just got to dive in. I got to get into it. Larsa annoys me so much. Lisa also, but Larsa just is just gives like no empathy. She like, I don't like the way she talks to her kids. I don't like the way she talks about her kids. I don't like the way she talks to anyone. But Marisol and Alexia are just I love the energy. I love everything about them, and I just love Miami. The culture. It's so right. It's fun. But don't get me wrong. I mean it started with drama like episode one, which you don't often see in like the Housewife franchise. And so I was like, man, I've been sleeping on Miami. So if anyone else listening to this is sleeping on it, hit it, get in, because I'm telling you it's really good.
Speaker 1: I never watched it in my life. And then I think last year or maybe two years ago, I was like, all right, I have to do it. I just started from season one because they had those two or three seasons and then they had that like eight year break, and so.
Speaker 2: I did it. I did the first so and we watch it like that.
Speaker 1: It's pretty jarring, especially Larsa looked like an entirely differently different, entirely different human.
Speaker 2: You're like Whoa?
Speaker 1: And Adriana as well. I really was like, who is that? Are we supposed to believe that's Adriana? She's super annoying. If she was in my friend group, I would be avoiding at all costs. Julia has always been such a sweet baby angel, and I don't know what's gotten into her.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you my theory? Okay, this is my theory. I was podcasting with someone and I was like, oh my god, I think I figured it out. So Julia lost a son to being shaken, yeah a while back, right, and so now she has adopted. They have adopted two sons, and I would tend to guarantee that she has unresolved grief that is literally triggering her. Because when you see someone who they're normally sweet, but then their energy is so elevated, it's usually like what is this about for them? And I personally believe that having these two new boys is triggering a lot of fear around who's around these kids, because look at what happened last time. You know, I need to attend to them, I need to attend to myself. And I think it's causing her at a lot of psychological stress. But I can tell that she's not aware of it. She may now be, but in that moment, I could tell that she was so like afterwards, she was like, wait, what did I do? Why did I do that? That is very typical of people who have had trauma that get triggered and behave in ways that are not congruent to who they are. That doesn't mean she's a bad person. I think she's just having a lot of grief and fear and she's just very triggered. That's my thought, and I could make sense.
Speaker 1: It makes a lot of sense. It makes a lot of sense. Well, I love Miami, So I'm looking forward to the Atlanta reunion. I'm looking forward to continue watching Miami. I'm going to continue to just dip in and out of Next Gen n YC. Because even this week when I was watching it, there was a new girl on there. She was like a club promoter or something, and she was trying to host meritiths part as like who's that.
Speaker 2: I don't remember her?
Speaker 3: Oh Georgia, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember her.
Speaker 1: I don't know a new person already gonna get a hold of like ninety day cast.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who are these people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, maybe the show is just not for you. I think for me, I always look out what do I genuinely feel interested in watching or covering? And I just think you have to listen to that because if you're not into it, like it's you know, it's not going to be fun, and you know, you cover a lot of other things too, So maybe it's not just for you.
Speaker 2: But she sent me with Summer Else. I tried it. I tried it so many times. I just can't. I know. I know it makes me.
Speaker 1: A liability that for other like Bravo podcasters that might want to talk about it, but I'm like, I can't. I could talk about Paties Sorbo being cute and having great style. I could talk about that.
Speaker 2: I know that. That's all I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I met Lindsay at Bravo Con two years ago. She's very tall, very tall, Yes, that's all. I got nice and she lovely.
Speaker 2: She was fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, I was like, literally I didn't say to her, I don't know you, I don't want your show.
Speaker 2: I was just like Lindsay and I get a picture.
Speaker 1: She's like absolutely girl, and I was like, let me get on my tiptoes to get up to your armpit.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she was totally nice. Well that is it. I think we've covered it all.
Speaker 1: I think we in the words of Sean Robinson on a ninety Day Reunion, we're not going to solve this today. Sean Robinson says that she'll be talking to a couple and they can say, well, you know, when I was seven, my mom was killed, and then I didn't have a mother, and then so now I'm married to this woman who's fifty five, and I think that's going to take care of my issues. But you know, she also murdered somebody when she was a child, so it's fine. And Sean robinson't go, you know what, We're not going to solve it today.
Speaker 2: Let's move on. And you're like, wait a minute, what.
Speaker 3: I do love Sean Robinson and her transitions, they are pretty closs.
Speaker 2: She's like, we wish you the best. Wait a minute, wait, this.
Speaker 3: Is above my pay grade and we've got to move on.
Speaker 2: Now she's like, somebody told me she's always doing this. I've just been told You're like, did you what show this?
Speaker 3: Why I would die to be in the position of Sean or like on a reunion, because it's so much rich opportunity that, you know, you don't necessarily get to delve into those deeper pieces that I would just scratch and dig and I'd get in there amazing.
Speaker 1: So as they've had like Kenny and Armando on Kenny, You'll be like, excuse me, I need to I need to follow up, like can Kenny.
Speaker 2: Ow's the reunion?
Speaker 3: Yes? Literally, I love that. Oh my god, they're this absolute sweetest couple. I adore them. So put me in coach, whoever's listening, I'm ready. I can do it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, we've we've heard that for this hunt for Level to be the next reunion we get, which is the like the secondary show that's on now. We have heard that Suki that does the Sister Wives reunion is going to be doing this next reunion and that we don't know if it's a tryout and if she's good she'll replace Sean Robinson or if they're gonna put Suki on like the secondary shows and keep Sean Robinson on the higher level shows.
Speaker 2: But we would we we just we just so to switch it.
Speaker 3: Up to switch Yeah, yeah, I agree, I agree. Could you some fresh fresh face?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd love a ninety day Bravo crossover. It makes me so happy that you watch everything like I do.
Speaker 3: I do, and so I'm taking a break from my podcast right now, but when I come back you, I will definitely be having you on because I think that there's a lot that we can discuss in the ninety world too. Yeah, so I can't wait to have you on when I come back. I just need to do it because a girl needed a minute as finally do that.
Speaker 2: You should do that.
Speaker 1: Tell everybody though where they can follow you in the meanwhile until your podcast comes back.
Speaker 3: Yes, so you can follow me at your bish bish Therapist on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Blue Sky YouTube. And so I'm on my break for my free podcast which is available everywhere, but I also have a Patreon that is on and pop in. We do chats I post so like when I do my em and M hours with Mandy Slutskert, and I'll still do episodes like on my breaks. But I just post it for Patreon members, so if you're interested in hearing me during my break and getting a little bit more unfiltered bish, because I feel safer to do it there right, Like people can really control. So my Patreon is a little bit I can be a little bit more of myself. So if you if you want to check that out, please check out your bish therapist on Patreon.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Mandy, you know, is a good friend of mine. We see each other all the time in DC.
Speaker 3: Yeah. She tells me, Oh, she's the beast, and I'm like, the three of us, I feel like we have to do something together.
Speaker 2: It's just the two of you might be too smart for me. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 3: Oh stop that right now.
Speaker 1: Guess you guys are very, very smart and very Mandy always has these like deep takes and I'm like, wow, Mandy, I was just trying to talk about you know, Jack saying he wasn't going to take the dishes, but you took it to another level.
Speaker 3: I know. That's why we love each other though, because if you look into every corner and crevice, but no, you would fit in perfectly and we would love to have you anytime as a guest. On eminem O. It could be eminem and m oh my god, stop that right now, emin em and m Okay, it's happening. It's all happening, everybody. Ashina would say.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and everybody please follow me. If you're listening over on Pink Shape Pod on Instagram, it's Pink Shape Podcast on TikTok. It's all the same stuff in both places because I don't know how to do specific stuft for TikTok, but anyway, follow me. I'm always putting out some fun reels. I'll put one out about this one today. We've got to think about what was the funniest thing Melissa said, and we'll put it out there. So everybody follow at your bish therapist and at Pink Shade Pod, and I will be back to talk to you guys about We've got the Valley episode coming out on Wednesday. This is Thursday. Hunt for Love is out on Friday, so see you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bye bye