Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's David Vasse.
Speaker 2: We are live at Wrigley Field in Chicago for the Dodgers and Cubs to close out their regular season series with two here in the Friendly Confines. Welcome inside to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers have a sixteen and seven record after taking two out of three over the weekend in Texas. The Dodgers road trip now continues here at Wrigley Field with Dustin May on the mound going up against Shota Imanaga. First pitch from Wrigley Field is coming up at four point forty. It's a beautiful day as of now here in the North Side. Coming up over the next hour on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Dodgers manager Dave Roberts. You'll hear from one of the bullpen dogs we caught up with Brent Honeywell in Texas. Also will go one on one with former Dodger and now a thorn in their.
Speaker 3: Side, Michael Bush.
Speaker 2: Plus, we've got your Dodgers magical moment, and as always, we'll check in with Rick Munday and Steven Nelson. Sunday in Texas, another great pitching duel between the Dodgers and Rangers. Tyler glass Now against Tyler Malee. Malley would go seven shutout innings, scattering just two hits while striking out four.
Speaker 4: Along the way.
Speaker 2: Glass Now, on the other hand, had four shutout innings, but had to leave the game early with lake cramps, similar to what he experienced last year in Toronto, so the Dodger bullpen had to pick him up. The Dodger offense couldn't figure out Tyler Malley finally got something going in the eighth inning against the Rangers' bullpen. Will Smith led off with a single. A walk by O'tani set up Freddie Freeman to deliver what would what turned out to be the difference making run.
Speaker 5: Artn out of the stretch is two to oh. Freeman swings I'm left field, pushes backs lanker to make the catch, tagging from third and Smith He'll come home without a throw. Sacrifice five for Freddie Freeman and at long last, we have a run in this game, and it belongs to your boys in Blue.
Speaker 1: Well nothing, Dodgers.
Speaker 2: That was the only run scored in the game. On Sunday in Texas, the Dodger bullpen needed to cover five innings for glass Now Luis Garcia, Anthony Banda, Ben Casparius pitch an inning in two thirds of scoreless relief, and of course, his fellow rookie mate Jack Dryer continued his scoreless inning streak. He is now at twelve and a third consecutive scoreless innings. Evan Phillips, who was just activated over the weekend, came back with two outs in the eighth inning with a runner on second to face a very dangerous Adules Garcia.
Speaker 6: Semion on second.
Speaker 5: After the leadoff walk, Jack Dryer got the next two outs. Evan Phillips needs one more strike to finish the eighth. Here's the pitch got him swinging. Heaven Phillips three pitch choose, three strikes and.
Speaker 1: A huge last out.
Speaker 3: Of the eighth. Huge strikeout by Evan Phillips.
Speaker 2: Then his buddy Tanner Scott would come in to pitch the ninth inning, and Tanner Scott would be able to record his eighth save of the season. The Dodgers take two out of three in Texas. Like I mentioned earlier, there's sixteen and seven and here they are in Chicago for our first look at today's game. Let's check in with my buddies here in the Gallup and Motors broadcast booth.
Speaker 3: Rick Monday and Steven Nelson appreciate you DV.
Speaker 5: Not far from you, Rick Monday and I looking out at bring you field to friendly comfine some unfriendly skies mo here in the Windy City tonight. What are your sources telling you about the forecast?
Speaker 6: Well, my sources and I go directly, and I'm not afraid to reveal my sources. Ron Coomer, No, not the most reliable. Well, I'm kidding, longtime friends and one of the really nice people. Well, the Cubs have issued a little bit of a statement, at least up here to the Cubs broadcasters that there could be rain somewhere coming after six o'clock local time and somewhere around seven thirty local time. It could get well dicey, that's the possibility. But one thing about it. If we look out down the rightfield line, see that big patch of blue, Yes, that water out there, I see Lake Michigan with the Lake effect. You don't really know what's going to happen, but at least that is a prediction that something that could happen tonight the Midwest Ocean, of course, yes, like Michigan get up.
Speaker 3: Of course, no roof here.
Speaker 5: We feel like there was a Globe Life Field in Arlington where the Dodgers won a second consecutive series. Really three tremendous baseball games mo and three incredible performances by both pitching staffs. Obviously the edge going to the Dodgers because they want seeing.
Speaker 6: Those nice trying to analyze if we look at the last well two series, the Dodgers have played okay, they handled the Rockies very well, and we saw the pitching that they had against the Rockies. Rockies have not been in it. Now we go to t Texas, Texas Rangers, leading the Western Division of the American League. They put the ball into play. They had been scoring a lot of runs, and yet the Dodgers' pitching staff held the Rangers to very few runs. They lost one game of the three in that series. That was a walk off home run to win that win in Game two. But the pitching was right there. The timely hitting. The other thing that I don't want to have overlooked the Dodgers defense has enabled the pitching staff to throw some zeros up on the scoreboard.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 5: So they're coming off their third shoutout win of the season, their first won nothing win since August of twenty twenty three for your Dodgers. So now they're playing the Cubs again. This is the sixth meeting. These are the final two games between these two clubs for the rest of twenty twenty five. And we're still not at the end of April. But these two teams, based on what we've seen so far, Mo definitely look like they are a true content that come out of the nationality.
Speaker 6: And for the Cubs, I mean, they were fourth in Major League Baseball in team average. They have scored more runs than any other team in Major League Baseball to this particular point, if we look at their pitching staff the last eight games, they have given up thirty three runs, but that comes over a lot of innings. They're era In fact, for the last eight games collectively, the Cubs pitching ERA is below two. So don't take them for granted. And the other part that they have is we saw in that series in Dodger Stadium they will be aggressive if they're on the basis.
Speaker 5: Well, no doubt about that. All right, Dustin may Showta Yu Managa. It's a tremendous pitching matchup. Runs probably will be at a premium depending on the wind. Of course, we'll talk more about that matchup. We visit with you again, dB.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks guys.
Speaker 2: We will check in with Rick and Steven a little bit later, and we are counting you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on a Shaky's Pizza parlor, or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's now at Shakey's. As we continue on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you'll here from Brent Honeywell and Michael Bush. First pitch between the Dodgers and Cubs from Wrigley Field coming up at four forty. I'm David Vasse and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino Dodgers.
Speaker 3: On Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: Y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: David Vasse live at Wrigley Field in Chicago, getting you set for first pitch from Wrigley Field at four forty.
Speaker 1: This is the otanis Free Wide Well Show.
Speaker 2: Hey, Otani returned after welcoming his first child into the world. They had a brand new baby girl. Everyone happy and healthy. O'tanni flew back to Texas to being the starting lineup on Sunday, but was zero for three with a walk. The Dodgers beat the Rangers one to nothing. Out here in Chicago. Otani came out here to play catch as he continues his throwing program to one day pitch again for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: This is Kirsten's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Kirston brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call one eight seven seven Cars for Kids Now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with a K to donate your car and Jack Hares from the La Times. Very messy car, very messy car. I hope before he donates he cleans it up, Kirsten. It says a lot about a person how messy their car is.
Speaker 3: Don't you agree?
Speaker 7: I do, because mine is spotless. Yes, this means I think I'm a really great person.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Very very stylish, very stylish and always well groomed.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: And I have told Jack that you know just the beautiful thing. Every time you park at the stadium, there is a trash can as soon as you walk in, so you could just empty it on your way in. And you know what, no doubt, no doubt that's true. It was clean in the app, it was clean in the docu series though.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, fine, yeah, we saw that. We won't talk about how Apple completely torpedoed me. Yes, right, yes, it's okay, wasted a lot of our time.
Speaker 4: We I don't know if I'll say all that.
Speaker 7: It was fun to be like interviewed, but we were not.
Speaker 3: In the show.
Speaker 2: And no, they only had me say Jack flaerty didn't have it in game five. That's what everybody saw me anyway, Kiersten one.
Speaker 7: So it's fine, either here nor there. We're now in Chicago.
Speaker 3: We'll move on. We don't need Apple.
Speaker 2: I'm unsubscribing by the way, you were talking about pickle juice? Are we still talking about Tyler glassnow? Some fortunate dehydration.
Speaker 7: We are more of though, just kind of the impact that we saw last year of it. So last year in April he actually dealt with the same thing when he played the Blue Jays, and he even said that, you know, it's a very similar experience. I think a part of it is just we're super tall. You know, it takes a lot to hydrate all these bodies. So I actually have tried pickle jew shots before.
Speaker 3: Now what does that do?
Speaker 7: I mean, I think it just hydrates you with potassium. Yeah, I think it's the potassium from the pickles.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, good to know. There you go. You got your health tip of the day from Kirstin.
Speaker 7: Hopefully that's not right. That is not provided by a medical official. That is just from my own thoughts.
Speaker 3: So let's be very clear.
Speaker 7: But he said it worked for him last year, and hopefully I mean he's out there playing catch right now, so he seems to be all good. So hopefully that might have been the remedy this year as well.
Speaker 2: When you saw him, did you remind Glass now, maybe a pickle juice shot could help.
Speaker 7: I did not remind him, But if he is still experiencing the cramping today, I will remind him. But they have they have pickle juice shots in the clubhouse. It is a thing that athletes have used in the past. I tried the pickle juice shot that they give them, and I will say it's kind of nasty. If I'm being honest, I do. I can drink pickle juice.
Speaker 3: Though, all right, yeah sounds good.
Speaker 2: My daughter loves pickles, same same. I like bread and butter pickles.
Speaker 7: Oh I don't Actually those are too sweet. But I do like if there's the ones in the pack and I all chopped up, they get a little spicy. One ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: I feel like this segment is way better than anything you've done with Tim Kates all season long.
Speaker 7: I think this might win us a lot of awards, maybe like in the dal Pickole Awards. I just kidding.
Speaker 3: We've learned.
Speaker 2: We've learned three things Apple did a bad job on the docu series using us. Jack Harris's car is super messy. And number three, pickle juice can help you stay hydrated.
Speaker 3: We'll do this again tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Do it again tomorrow, see you then see then.
Speaker 2: Kirsten Watson still to come here on Morongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck. We'll preview tonight's pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: I'll go one on one with Dodger killer Michael Bush and we'll get you an injury report. And here from the Dodgers manager, Dave Roberts Dodgers and Cubs, Game one of a two game set here at Wrigley Field.
Speaker 3: Coming up at four forty.
Speaker 2: I'm David Vasse and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: David Vasse live at Wrigley Field in Chicago. Getting you said for first pitch between the Dodgers and Cubs at four forty Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, brought to you by who else? Marongo Casino, Good Times, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa, a Grand Slam for good Times.
Speaker 3: It's time now for the injury report.
Speaker 1: This he's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 2: Our Dodger Injury Report, presented by UCLA Health, the official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: So I have an update on Blake Snell.
Speaker 2: He played catch today and Dave Roberts said, if all went well, Snell is going.
Speaker 3: To throw a bullpen session.
Speaker 2: Not sure the details, but the Dodgers have decided not to have Snell throw a bullpen session tomorrow. And also, a future Hall of Famer is making his second rehabs start tonight for the Tulsa Drillers. Clayton Kershaw is in Arkansas getting ready for his second rehab start, so we'll give you an update on that after the game. For now, let's head downstairs and let you hear from Dave Roberts in the dugout questions.
Speaker 6: For Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts?
Speaker 8: You know, it is challenging, it's different, unusual. This team is a completely different ball club than we saw in Tokyo. They're playing a lot better, and so I expect to see the same team we saw in La. So it's gonna be a good series. I think runs gonna be hard to come by. Hopefully we do a better job of preventing runs against these guys that here than we did at home. But it should be a good series. And I think that it's more of a yeah, you know, we saw Imanaga, we saw BOYD. You know, they saw our so a little bit of the cat and mouse kind of comes into play.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: He was obviously pretty busy, but did showing brow when he was on leaving his drowing progression change and all of lace.
Speaker 8: I know it hasn't changed.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he threw when he.
Speaker 8: Was back home, he played catch today he's out there. I think we're just just out there.
Speaker 3: We'll be out there.
Speaker 8: He's gonna throw a light pen tomorrow and then he'll go back to his kind of full blown bullpen on Saturday.
Speaker 2: All right, there's manager Dave Roberts in the visiting dugout here at Wrigley Field. When we continue on Arongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you will hear from twenty twenty four world champion Brent Honeywell and case he missed it. Over the weekend, Honeywell came to Globe lie Field and was surprised with his.
Speaker 3: World Series ring. We got a lot more to go until first pitch at four forty.
Speaker 2: I'm David Vasse and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season.
Speaker 2: Law Dustin May and showta Imanaga is the pitching matchup at Wrigley Field tonight.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at four forty.
Speaker 2: Coming up later in the show, we'll dive deeper into tonight's pitching matchup. Rick and Steven will have the keys to the game. Out in Texas, we caught up with Brent Honeywell. You'll hear from him in a moment, but I want to remind you that Dodger baseball is driven by Ford.
Speaker 3: If there's one thing we like, it's choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the Ford F one fifty gas hybrid or all electric tough This mark can only be called for F one fifty. All right, Brent Honeywell, funny guy and mean a lot to the Dodgers and their bullpen. He did a lot of unselfish things to be a great teammate to help the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Win the World Series.
Speaker 2: Here was our conversation with Honeywell after he was surprised with his World Series ring by his teammates.
Speaker 9: Thanks for having me. Good to see you guys. Oh y'all talk to y'all.
Speaker 3: Yes you're talking to David.
Speaker 4: I know I was a little bit under the weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were.
Speaker 9: I've felt so bad all off season two about it.
Speaker 2: No way, nothing to feel bad about your World champion and the Dodgers surprised champions.
Speaker 3: You did all the work. I was along for the ride.
Speaker 4: Well, nobody better to have along.
Speaker 2: Thank you appreciate it. Hey man, I knew the Dodgers were going to surprise you with the ring. You had no idea, no clue, no clue.
Speaker 4: I wanted it on the field, but hadn't worked out just yet. But I'm glad I got it now.
Speaker 3: So I'm sure that was the last thing on your mind when you showed up today.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it kind of was, because I just it was good to see the guys, see Dog, see the pitching guys.
Speaker 4: And everybody that it took to win, like win one. I mean, going having some time to.
Speaker 9: Think about it and talk to friends about it, Like all the experiences are cool, but something that you can't do with it is like you'll never get rid of it. You know, it's a weird feeling. But now, I mean ultimately now I want another one. But no, I just know how how hard it was for all of us in here. It's a when Clayton went down, Blast went down, and it's like you see, like you finally understand like what it actually takes to to win. It takes every person, every fan, you like, it takes us all to takes us all to win it, so I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: It was such a special run, unprecedented type of run where you only had two and a half starters. But the dogs in that bullpen, including Brent Honeywell, saved the day.
Speaker 9: Hey, you know that's what they say. We saved the day. But these guys can hit. Man, these guys can hit big leagues. Isn't easy, but these guys made it easy on me. I felt like and no, I'm oh a lot to everybody that was in this clubhouse, and it was good to see it.
Speaker 2: What was your reaction when you saw the ring? Did you know that it opened at the top? What did you feel?
Speaker 9: I knew it opened because I seen it on social media, but I wasn't expecting to get it here because I didn't. I didn't tell anybody that I was coming except one. But he's a I guess he ratted me out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he ain't a good way, but.
Speaker 9: No, I mean, it's just a the jersey. The jersey is the one that I really liked the jersey. But like I said, man, you know, it was good to see the guys. It's good to see the bullpen guys to see everybody in there, man, I mean it means a lot to me.
Speaker 4: Man. I mean it just you know, more she in, the more she into the game a little bit, you know. And the cool part about.
Speaker 9: It is is when you throw fifty pitches in one inning in the World Series, you can get a record etching stone right now. Yeah, but you get intertwined in the sport for eternal and your eternal.
Speaker 4: Man, it just is what it is.
Speaker 9: I mean, there's only one man that's eternal. But it makes you internal in the sport and you get intertwined.
Speaker 4: And and I think, which is the greatest game in the whole world.
Speaker 2: So hey, one thing nobody can ever take away from Brent Honeywell is a world championship, a world champion. Brent Honeywell has been our guest. Great to see you, and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Speaker 4: I look forward to seeing y'all every day.
Speaker 2: Man, there is Brent Honeywell. Awesome guy, great teammate last year. He's thirty years old, in a free agent trying to pick where he wants to pitch. As we continue live from Wrigley Field, we will hear from another former Dodger, Michael Bush will break down the pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment.
Speaker 2: I'm David Massey and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's a beautiful evening here on the north side at Wrigley Field as temperatures start to warm up. There's some rain in the area, but hopefully they stay away from Wrigley Field. It's a beautiful night for a ballgame. First pitch from Wrigley Field.
Speaker 3: Is coming up at four forty.
Speaker 1: Who wants hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We are going way back to August two, twenty fourteen, the Dodgers at home facing these Chicago Cubs. The game went into extra innings, tight at two, and in the twelfth inning two on and two out. Blake Parker was the pitcher for the Cubs, facing the current Dodger at that time, Hanley Ramirez.
Speaker 10: First and second, two out. Twelfth inning, tied at two. Here's the pitch to Ramirez fly ball deep down the left field line and we can go home, kids, a three run home run into the neighborhood once known as many Wood.
Speaker 3: On this night it is Hanley Wood.
Speaker 11: A three run walk off home run in the bottom of the twelfth by Hanley Ramirez and the Dodgers win it five to two.
Speaker 2: That game before the pitch clock, took a total of four hours and thirty nine minutes to play. The Dodgers came out on top five to two and twelve innings the week Monday, and Charlie Steiner on the call that night.
Speaker 3: And here's a fun fact.
Speaker 2: Do you know who the Dodgers traded for handling Ramirez? None other than two time world champion Nathan Valdi. This Haffey magical moment was brought to you by Haffy hot Dogs, Hafy so Cow's local treasure for nearly one thousand years. Haffy hot Dogs nearly one hundred years. Why would I say a thousand, one hundred jeez, they would be really old. Talk about eternal Haffy hot Dogs, local and so great and one hundred years old, not a thousand. When we continue from Rogo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with Rick Monday. I'm sure he'll fact check me on Haffy Hot Dogs. We are leading you up to first pitch at four point thirty between the Dodgers and Cubs or four forty between the Dodgers and Cubs. Right here on the World Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino, Dodgers On, Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: David Bassey live at rig Lee Field, getting you set for first pitch between the Dodgers and Cubs coming up at four forty Dustin May and showta Imanaga the pitching matchup. It's time now for Rick. It's time now for our Price Picks. Pick here. You know you love when Tim Kates does it. I got my picks, do you Yeah? We got a fancy open for it too.
Speaker 11: Go ahead, got him with the two for one hard shot.
Speaker 10: To third, droves the second on the first double what Thames.
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks double play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join the millions of other baseball fans and playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks app and sign up using the code Go Blue to get a fifty dollars instant credit after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's go blue when you sign up at Price Picks. All right, I'm gonna take my shot. Here are today's two picks. Freddie Freeman more or less half an RBI. I'm going more Freddy smells those RBIs. Will Smith more or less a half single. I'm saying Will Smith gets a single. He's one of the hottest hitters in the Dodgers lineup.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: Download the Price Picks app and use the promo code Go Blue.
Speaker 3: Price Picks Run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Bassey, Here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Rick, we got fancy things going on on this pregame show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, you know, I tell you what haffe has really aged well, you know, for being listening to you and everything you say. I take his gospel. Cru so been around for a thousand years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you believe that?
Speaker 6: Well, you might as well associate yourself with winners, you.
Speaker 3: Know, oh man, one hundred years of Hafey.
Speaker 2: Rick certainly Rickleyfield has been around that long as well.
Speaker 6: Well, this seems like and hopefully the weather's going to hold out, you know, if it comes. They showed me some information about an hour and a half ago that they were projecting somewhere around seven thirty local time that it could get a little bit ugly. It's been kind of strange. It was a beautiful afternoon. Then we saw some clouds here at Wrigley Field. Well the clouds have gone away. They're starting to sneak back in a little bit more. But one thing about it here in Wrigleyville. I remember Joey Malfatano, who coached here in Chicago with the Cubs, obviously coached with the Dodgers, and an excellent coach and a very good friend. He would talk about one of the things he wanted to do is to get here to Wrigley Field and in this area and watch Wrigleyville, as they call it, all the surrounding area really become and come to life, if you will. And there's one establishment out beyond center field that they understand that the team buses come through that area. And they posted another sign today and I don't know if you saw it.
Speaker 3: I did not come that way.
Speaker 6: It just said the Cubs in Monaga is on the mound and so and Otani's not so. And every day they try and agitate the visiting team that is coming in and they put up on their on their billboard some letters. So over the years has been somewhat entertaining, uh, sometimes a little frustrating, and sometimes depending upon if they're getting on you or not, maybe a little bit painful.
Speaker 2: I find it hard to believe the hometown fans would ever get on Rick Monday when you were patrolling center field here.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we had good times here. You know what people don't understand. I don't know if it's the same way now, but it used to be a totally separate group in the left field bleachers versus the right field bleachers. And there were times when I was playing here, did you would get one side of the bleachers start yelling at the other side and giving them what for and back back and forth. So you know, you either a right field bleacher person or a left field bleacher person.
Speaker 3: What are the feelings you get coming back here since you played here?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, both my children were born in this city. It obviously has a special meaning. And I think the way that you are received because I went from the America League to the National League, and I was exposed to the Dodgers when they came to LA and I enjoyed the National League better than the America I knew more about it. So for me, it was an opportunity to come to the National League. I had to learn the hitters all over again. This is when you look at it, you say, well, the friendly confines, well, it's three hundred and sixty eight feet to left center and the right center. I didn't have to turn around to look at the numbers. I know those numbers, and straightaway center is a little bit deeper. But the reason I bring up to three sixty eight and left center right center it really cuts off your angle of attack as a center fielder because you're playing deep and if you go to left center to right center, the wall will really shorten your opportunity. And you get a good look at it right now because the ivy has not blossomed, it has not come out full, so you see the vines and underneath the vines cold red brick. So if your angle to cut off a bolt or trying to go up and make a ketch is going to be interrupted by the wall. The brick has been there for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yes, and the brick always wins.
Speaker 6: Yep. I found out about it too as I was in the hospital for three days trying to challenge that wall. I couldn't move it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe they sent you a thousand year old Hoffey hot dogs in the hospital.
Speaker 6: They have been and you feel like that fence has been there for a thousand years too.
Speaker 3: Thanks Rick, so great to hear you.
Speaker 6: See you, David Man.
Speaker 3: It's special to be here with Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: A lot of history between him and the Chicago Cubs Dodger fans. Start your future at California Community College. Financial aid is available to help with tuition, books, and sometimes even the rent. It's time to take the next big step. Classes can feel quickly. So enrolled today and I can go to college dot com. Still to come around the corner. Here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you will hear from former Dodger as we go high and tight with Michael Bush leading you up to first pitch between the Dodgers and Cubs at four forty. I'm David Vase and this is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunted on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Cubs from Wrigley Field coming up at four forty. Dodger Baseball brought to you by Zen she hand Crafted Sushi. Enjoyed the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Zen she hand Crafted Sushi, always fast, fresh and easy. We are joined right now by one of my favorite people. He is now known as Dodger Killer, but that is former Dodger Michael Bush and the friendly confines of Wrigley Field. Thanks a lot for the time and great to see that beard up close and personal.
Speaker 12: Again, I appreciate that and uh garing it for a little bit now.
Speaker 6: So thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was the Justin Turner influence, but he said, you're a hockey guy, so that's what you're trying to go for.
Speaker 6: We go a little bit of both, for sure.
Speaker 3: What's it been like being teammates with him again?
Speaker 6: It's been amazing.
Speaker 12: Yeah, just just spending a little bit of time with him in spring training in the clubhouse. Mainly it's been you know, it's been a joy. He's obviously knows so much about the game. He's a great player. He's been around for a long time, knows how to win, knows what it takes, all those things. But he's you know, great in the clubhouse too, just all around great player, great human.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I couldn't ask for anything more.
Speaker 2: So at Dodger Stadium, I saw the same group of hitters that included yourself with Justin Turner and Pete grow Armstrong. Out here at Wrigley Field, same group of guys. What is that group about.
Speaker 3: Out here early? Yeah, it's it's good.
Speaker 12: I think there's just you know, guys you know, know what they need and know what they like to do, and you know, Pete myself, and it seems like JT just you know, like getting out on the field. There's a lot of guys who just you know, are out there whenever it's hard.
Speaker 6: You're playing every.
Speaker 12: Day, six seven games a week, just try and get outside whenever you can see a little velocity. You know, VP's usually armed, So I like to do a little bit of velocity. And I think, you know, guys here and there like to pick and choose what they want to do. But it's fun coming out there and you know, getting a little bit of work, having some fun and enjoying the weather.
Speaker 2: So it's not an organized thing with you three, it's just that you all three like to hit early.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think it's I think we just kind of established that group a little bit. But you know, we might have to make it an organized thing for for the season.
Speaker 2: Hey, there's not too many times when two teams make a trade that it's a win win for both. But I know you loved your time with the Dodgers and wanted to stay. But how grateful are you for this opportunity to play every day?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Super grateful.
Speaker 12: I think you know, it's the it's the business part of sports that just you know, it's a little different, you know, coming over there and you know, being a Dodger for a little bit and then getting traded mixed of emotions. But at the same time, all I can ask for is an opportunity and to kind of go out there and you know, showcase my skills and showcase my work and no matter where I'm at, no matter who I'm playing for. But at the same time, I've been, you know, super grateful for just the Cubs and what they've done and what they've you know, given me and you know, I honestly, you know, I love my time with the Dodgers, but I'm happy to be a Cub.
Speaker 2: What is what is the thing that's clicked for you going back to last year?
Speaker 12: I think, you know, it's just it's just learning, learning a lot from you know, older players and what it takes, you know, to stay consistent through one sixty two. I think, you know, in the minor leagues, that was you know, kind of one of the things that I wanted to do. I knew I could do it, and just you know, there's a lot of games, a lot of season and just trying to be consistent was always something that I've tried to do and tried to learn. And I think last year it was the same thing. I know there's gonna be ups and downs, but you know, just trying to be consistent and you know, you know, try to just you know, improve continuously each and every year, each and every month. I think it's still a growing process, but enjoy doing it.
Speaker 2: When you talk about consistency, aren't you describing the preparation as well? Being consistent with your preparation.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I think that's the key, is just how do you no matter you know, you might you might face a guy who's nasty, who's you know, dotting up the corners and is a tough tough picture that day, But how can you just kind of move on from that and you know, know what it takes to just kind of, you know, no matter how well you did or how bad you did the day before, just kind of just go out the next day and just try and you know, keep the same thing, the same thing. It's hard to do, but just definitely learning from the older guys like uh JT and Belly last year and Nico and Happ and Dansby and you know, I could go down the list of some of the guys, but just learning about, you know, the consistency of kind of what it takes to just not only physically be prepared to today, but but mentally as well.
Speaker 2: Michael Bush is our guest, one of the great guys out there. When you look at when your time at Dodger Stadium with the Cubs on the last road trip for Chicago, when you guys came to Dodger Stadium, you had a great series, but Andy Pae has robbed you of extra bases, maybe a grand Slam. Did you play with pa has in the minor leagues? How well do you guys know each other?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I played with them quite a bit. Yeah it was it was you know, one of that one, right, one of that one would have put four runs on the board in a close game. But he's a great player. He's a great player, and he's young, and you know, it was I don't want to say it was cool that he took away a home run for me at all, because I really wanted that one. But at the same time, you know, just looking back, you know, got the win. That was what matters, That's what you know. I was kind of a little upset that those were four runs that could have mattered, but we ended up winning, and you know, looking back, you know, the fact that he took it away, I was like, dang, But he's a great player and something I'll probably remember for a long time.
Speaker 2: So the Dodgers and Cups have played each other a lot in the first month of the season. These two games are it after Tokyo and la I haven't talked to you about your experience in Tokyo. Did you like it or do you feel like now you're starting to get into the season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, Tokyo was awesome.
Speaker 12: Loved loved the experience, loved the games, loved everything that they did for us.
Speaker 6: You know, it was cool.
Speaker 12: And then to you know, Showcase what show Hey and Saya and Shoda and Susaki kind of just where they came from, where they played, and then the culture that they have out there. It was it was really cool to experience that, and I can only imagine how cool it was for them.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 12: It's it's experiences like that that you know, you show up to the field trying to win, and you show up to the field trying to do your job, but at the same time you can kind of reflect on some of those experiences, especially for them.
Speaker 6: I can.
Speaker 12: I can only imagine that it was, you know, a lifelong memory.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Before I let Michael Bush go, he has the hockey beard. So I would be remiss as the Stanley Cup playoffs have started not to ask you who your pick to win the Stanley Cup Finals?
Speaker 3: Are the Stanley Cup this year?
Speaker 12: I'm a Minnesota Wild fan, yes, so I hope, I hope they can pull it off, and I think they will.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 12: I think they got a good group. Caprice off his back. But I think, you know, just playoff. Playoff hockey has always been one of my favorite you know, If not the Wild I hope the Chicago Blackhawks. Can you do it sometime soon?
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go, playing it very safe here at Wrigley Field. Given the Blackhawks a token.
Speaker 3: I hope. Thanks a lot for the time. You're a great guy.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we've continued to stay in touch and everybody's rooting for the best.
Speaker 3: For Michael Bush.
Speaker 6: You're the best.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you seriously.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: There he is my guy, Michael Bush.
Speaker 2: By the way, Dodger Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner.
Speaker 3: Of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 2: When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 3: We got more.
Speaker 2: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. When we continue from Wrigley Field, you're listening to the world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season lot.
Speaker 3: We're getting closer to first pitch at four.
Speaker 2: David Vanse live at Wrigley Field and tonight's pitching Matcher presented by your Son of California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard in a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo charge engine. It's a truck built for the bold. See your Toyota dealer today. We make it easy for the Cubs. They got left hander Shota Emanaga on the mound. It's his sixth start of the season, the second time the Dodgers have seen him. Remember he went up against Yamamoto and the season opener in Tokyo when he pitched four shutout innings. He is going to throw a heavy dose of fastballs to the Dodgers and a lot of his split fingered fastballs to the Dodgers. The Dodgers are just two for twelve against Emonaga's split fingered fastball. For Dustin May, it's his fourth start of the year. Where would the Dodgers be without him. He's one and one with an ERA one zero six. His last time out was against the Rockies when he pitched six innings and he got fourteen swings and misses. So Dustin May has really been a much needed addition to this rotation with Yamamoto, and he's doing it against lefties and Righty's left. He's only hitting a buck away right, He's only hitting a buck thirty six. And when he has two strikes on a hitter, it's lights out. Hitters are just one for thirty two when May has two strikes on him. Dodgers and Cups, we're just fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson are coming up next. I'm David Vassey. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: We're getting closer to first pitch. A beautiful night here at Wrigley Field. Before first pitch, let's check in with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson one last time.
Speaker 5: Thank you VASSA all right, final segment for us, Rick Day Before first pitch, Imanaga will throw that to Shohey Otani. Otani is zero for seven against his fellow countrymen and fellow World Baseball Classic teammate in Imanaga in his career. But let's start with Dustin May, because he has been a terrific he of course, he won the fifth starter's job out of spring and kind of by default because of Tony Gonsolin's injury. But putting that aside, he has pitched like the number two behind Yoshioba Goama Moto up to this point.
Speaker 6: And he's been a wonderful story too, knowing what he went through last year with the Tommy John and then the emergency surgery on the esophagus that have been torn. But if we look at Dustin May, you know he's gone back to back starts now, six innings in each of those, and he's done just a reasonable job. The other part two is in those back to back starts he's not walked a battern, so he gets a high chase rate. Here's something to talk about is that the pitching coach, Mark Pryor was talking about he has lightning in his arm and he delivers the ball and let's look for the slider. The reason I mentioned the slider. Looking some numbers earlier today, posting hitters are zero for twenty one when he throws the slider. That's a devastating bitch, especially that upper ninety mile one hour fastball with movement.
Speaker 5: He has eight strikeouts on that revamped slider. He changed the grip at the beginning of the year, and it has been a tremendous pitch. Still no ivy. I don't think the Dodgers have seen the ivy at Rigby Field.
Speaker 6: In close to a decade.
Speaker 5: But we are going to see some good baseball the final two games between the Dodgers and Cubs here in twenty twenty five. We're looking forward to game one of this little two game set starting shortly DV back to.
Speaker 2: You, all right, guys, Thank you, lineups and first pitch coming up right around the corner. I enjoy the game. I'll be back with you for postgame Dodger talk. I'm David Bassey. This has been Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.