Speaker 1: It's nice Eyes.
Speaker 2: Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 1: We're talking about the murder of the executive Ian Thompson, United Healthcare CEO. I am as confused and is concerned by this. There was an article that I read that suggested this indeed is this is indeed something that other companies have started to provide security for individuals, particularly individuals who are with companies, high value companies. And apparently, according to one article that I read, this individual did have a security detail provided to him by his company while he was in New York, but they were not with him at the time. Man, that's mention that this this is this is just it's getting Weirder's it's getting spokesman for United Health declined to provide details about security related to Thompson why the security team wasn't with him Wednesday morning, but a former senior security director at another major insurance company told CNN that it can often be difficult to get executives to accept security even when there are threats. United Healthcare CEO. That's according to CNN, Brian Thompson had an in house security detail assigned to him during his trip to New York City. According to a source familiar with the company security, but the detail wasn't with him when he was shot and killed sixty six one seven nine ten thirty. This is not a good development for this country in my opinion. Phil is in Boston. Phil, you are next on Nightside. Welcome, I do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm guess him if I put my main ideas at the bullets, so we'll put that lipleo on there as I think it's the whole curve ball and I was take consumes them and lose them. You went in the orse door. That was a good point or an edit. And how even if you.
Speaker 1: Had By the way, you're a little muffled tonight, Phil, Are you talking into your cell phone or you do? You have the cell phone like twenty six inches from you? You know, talk into the cell phones so we can hear you. You're sound muffled.
Speaker 2: Okay, how's that going?
Speaker 1: Not much better? Are you one? But Phil, Rob clean up Phil's audio for us. In the meantime, I'm going to go to Dave and San Antonio. Dave, welcome, next on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm got an unusual story for this. Dan. I well, I had you not need healthcare and I went to the dentist and to get a set of false teeth, and uh, they pulled a lot of teeth out of my head so that they could. They said they had to, that these teeth were bad. And uh so I said, okay, did.
Speaker 1: You get let me ask you this day, did you without going into deep details here of did you get implants or or what type of what sort of replacement teeth did you get?
Speaker 2: I was looking for implants.
Speaker 1: Not covered generally, implants are not covered by.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, and they were covered. They said they covered two thousand dollars worth of them, that my dental coverage was, but they didn't. I just chose to get the false teeth because the implants were more expensive. Thing and it was all settled, and then they did what they did. They made the false teeth and they didn't fit at all, you know, And I called you not a healthcare and I says, you do? You say these guys are reputable, and uh, nothing works?
Speaker 1: And okay, so what was what's the bottom line, David?
Speaker 2: Well, they fired the that they've whoever fired the whole damn office, all of them and put in new people under the same name and.
Speaker 1: Confusing me. So let me I don't want my audience to be confused. So was the who fired the dentist? Did in other words, did the office that employed the dentist fire the the dentist? Are you suggesting that United Healthcare somehow that that was or I really don't help.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Dan, And it was more than a dentist. It was the entire office. I mean they were like.
Speaker 1: Four So fair enough. Okay, So you don't know tell at the point of this he so kind uh tell me to the point of your story. It's interesting that you had to get you know, false teeth. Okay, my audience, I'm sure is interested in that. But that can happen to anybody. What does it have to do with the story we're covering.
Speaker 2: Well, it was not in healthcare. And all I'm saying is if people get that kind of treatment, like you know, when you get to healthcare they say we support this, well you can go to this one, this one, and this one, this these are who I pay for. And if that has something to do with what happened to me, I think that probably. I don't think I'm the only story like this where you know, well.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that there are more people Dave, every day who are disappointed in the amount or the quality of the health insurance that they get. I mean, you do, you pay your health insurance and you have issues or problems. But how many people are gonna somehow stalk the ceo? I don't even know for the most part, I know who Brian Thompson is now, but did you know his name beforehand? I don't think you would have no right. Absolutely, I know that there's ahead person. But how many people that are going to go out and plan and plot uh an assassination over that? I mean, most people say, Okay, you know, I'll change my company, I'll get a I'll get a different a different company. You know. I'm sorry you have you blamed. I blame United Healthcare for that experience, Dave.
Speaker 2: Well, they certainly supported these people and told me that they were reputable people to go to, and they.
Speaker 1: Would that would that prompt you to commit violence against the CEO of the company?
Speaker 2: Of course? Not? Of course not. But I'm not crazy.
Speaker 1: I know that I know that. Okay, what do you think they would to speculate as to what you think is going on? I mean, your story is interesting, but it doesn't help me move you know our thoughts about how this could happen.
Speaker 2: Well, all I could say it was about twenty or thirty healthcare is is they just got healthcare employees that they just boom out of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, very insightful. I think you've given us some information that is invaluable. And how are the false teeth going? And are they working?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't have any.
Speaker 1: You don't have any. Okay, Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: To hear that out because they did. I didn't get any. I didn't get any, and they get some.
Speaker 1: Dave, I know that there were bill out there tonight. Maybe we should start some sort of a GoFundMe page for you. What do you think?
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm dan. I just call because the way they fired the entire building. I mean the way like twenty or thirty people.
Speaker 1: Get fired all the time day. I don't know that that's but anyway, thanks for the call. I appreciate it. We'll take a break. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. It's amazing how one of the things you learn about as a talk show host is human nature. I thought I understood human nature having been a television reporter. But it's amazing how people somehow personalize their experience and somehow are able to project that onto another set of circumstances. I mean, it's interesting what Dave went through, and I suspect all of us at some point have had a disappointing experience. But what could drive someone. I mean, first of all, there's no indication that the shooter was suffered a bad experience. Maybe we'll find out that his mother didn't get I mean, I don't know. I don't have it. This I'm looking at and saying to myself, there's something amiss here. This was a planned hit. This is not some guy who's in a bar at eleven o'clock or midnight on a Friday night who gets in a fight with someone. They take it outside and the guy pulls a gun and he happens to shoot you. Hear stories about this. There'll be some I guarantee you there'll be some major league athlete in the next six months who will be shot at a bar. Look at there was the San Francisco San Francisco forty nine or football player I think his last name is Presley, I believe, for a first round draft choice before the season started. He was shot in a robbery at daylight robbery in San Francisco, obviously in the wrong place at the wrong time. You have those stories nearly died, nearly died, they saved his life, and he's back playing for the forty and I guess he had his first touchdown pass a couple of a couple of weeks ago. But that is that's different than what we're talking about here. This is this is a hit. This is a planned hit. Either it was planned by this guy or someone else planned it for him, and he was paid to do the hit. Where is this guy? They have a full face visual of this guy. Someone is going to look at that and say, oh my god, do you know who that is? I went to college with him or I went to high school with him. That's how that case is going to be broken. And then the questions we what's the motive? My question is if if this guy was some sort of a guy who was paid as a hit man, didn't look like a hit man. I mean, his didn't look like a hardened hit man as you would see in movies, looked like could have been a college student. This, this, to me fast is a fascinating story. I'd love to hear your theory, your thoughts six seven thirty or six one seven nine thirty, come right back on night Side. Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World night Sight Studios on WBZ News Radio. I'm looking for someone who looks at this, and maybe there's some police out there who tonight could look at this and say, hey, here's what I think. My question is, if this kid was hired as a hit man, he may not be alive right now when you think about it, because if somebody hired him as a hit man, uh, they might want to get rid of him. I don't know. That was mentioned to me by a police friend of mine today. I'd love to hear what what others might think. We're going to go back to Phil, Phil as I understand that you now have changed to a different phone.
Speaker 4: Let's hear how this one sounds fine?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, man, Phil, it's like we fill that out of the cheap phone away? Will you?
Speaker 4: I ain't not tell me about it? Yeah, damn, I'm sorry, I'm thinking it. These are three bullets of the cay things they found. I think they're a curve ball to send someone down the path and the insurance thing, and apparently he bought apparently I think I heard somebody he bought he bought the gun recently. And it's an it's a World War two kind of an antique gun that's kind of hard to buy.
Speaker 1: And how where did you see that? Because I've I've looked at as much as I could. Today, Phil, I haven't seen that anywhere. I'm not suggesting that you're inaccurate, but I haven't seen that anywhere.
Speaker 4: They described it as a World War two I'm.
Speaker 1: Just curious what media source if you remember that.
Speaker 4: I believe I heard on the radio.
Speaker 1: Right, But there's a lot of radio stations.
Speaker 4: Did you competitors, is what I'm I.
Speaker 1: Don't want to No, that's good, So one of our competitors. Okay, Well again, I've looked at everything I could, and now they haven't seen that. If maybe tomorrow we'll see it. I don't know that there are that many World War two guns around. There's probably people in the audience who would have a better sense.
Speaker 4: A spy it's a spy gun. They call it the best p y gun. What I heard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a gun expert. I mean, I'm not a gun guy.
Speaker 4: Them apparently he is also separated from his wife. I don't want to bring his wife into this for several years, and how old are his kids? The kid looked kind of young in the picture twenty in his early twenties with them and industing coming down.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, please, don't go there. No, no, no, don't go there. First, first of all, the only comment I saw from his wife, whose name is paul Ette, he was a great dad and all of that. I don't know if if there's a personal thing going on here, but.
Speaker 4: No, it's gotta be something.
Speaker 1: I guess what I'm trying to say, Phil is it's gotta be something pretty serious that someone's gonna pop the guy, you know, at six forty five in the morning outside the New York Hilton.
Speaker 4: Hotel, even if the guy had a picture of him in front of him for the twelve miles he spent at twenty four hours he spent at the hospital, which he used, probablycause his lost cams there. How, even if you had that picture, you wouldn't be able to identify the guy you shot. So then you mentioned the fact which door, I said, Yeah, I don't know what's door. That says the main.
Speaker 1: Thing, Well, apparently. Look, I've been at the New York Hilton. I can't remember it, but I know that I've been there for an event or two when Donald Trump was elected president in twenty sixteenth. That is where his headquarters. It's a big hotel, a big hotel, and so just like a lot of the hotels in Boston. If you go to the Park Plaza in Boston, I think there's three separate entrances to the Park Plaza. So so how does he know he's standing? I guess he's standing between a couple of cars. How does he know that that that's the moment in time? And you know what? And how is he confident that at the moment that this guy walks in that there's not some police officer that turns the corner?
Speaker 4: I mean the phone he might have received a call from the person that hired him, following him into the Hillton Baby.
Speaker 1: Maybe I don't know, Phil, Yeah, there's there's there's so much more to the story, and I appreciate it. Look, do me a favor, Never use that other phone again when you call it. I said, this was a good connection. Is this is this a landline? Usually landline? It's that the cell phone is a cheap oach. All right, man, I'm gonna ask you Phil one question. One do you think this case gets solved and how quickly, in your opinion, does it get solved?
Speaker 4: Well, like you say, the pictures, my phone can't a little link this certainly, and he might be dead, like you say, because the guy that hid who knows, Yeah, that was stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he asked this film. Have you seen the picture, the picture that they released today, the full face picture.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't with a hood he was doing no hood involved.
Speaker 1: I had a hood on, but he had taken his mask down. According to the story, and I forget it was which paper was in that he had taken the mask down, and he was flirting with the woman at the hostel.
Speaker 4: I did seeing him pitchy smile in front of Oh.
Speaker 1: He looked like it looks like a friendly kid.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, And with all camera you can't do anything today with I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess that's a good thing in this case. Thanks Phil, talk to you later. But let me go next to Judy. Judy, Judy, Judy's in Boston. Hi, Judy, how are you?
Speaker 5: Hi? I'm good, but I have a question.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't see how you can have quite this assassination, which is awful, with Martin Luther King and John Kennedy. I mean, this man was nowhere in that category.
Speaker 1: I'm not equating him with them. What I said just so people will be clear and so I can explain it to you. I said that we went in this country for many, many years without any sort of political assassinations. Obviously World War two, the nineteen fifties were a quiet time in this country. President Kennedy was assassinated in November of nineteen sixty three. We just recognized the sixty first anniversary, and then shortly after Kennedy was assassinated, you had the assassination of Malcolm X, Bobby Kennedy, of Martin Luther King, the shoot.
Speaker 5: But how can you equate them.
Speaker 1: I'm not acquitting anything. Let me finish my explanation then you could charticize me. I'm not equating it at all. This guy. Everybody knew who John Kennedy was when he was assassinated. He was the President of the United States. No one knew who this guy was on Tuesday afternoon, except people who probably worked with him at United Healthcare The point that I'm trying to say is that is that I was trying to the point I was trying to make was is this going to start these sorts of of of murders or assassinations. This was almost an assassination of this guy.
Speaker 5: I have to ask, were you were you thus upset when the children and the schools were killed?
Speaker 1: Very upset?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Were you not upset by that? I mean, that was a kid.
Speaker 5: That was a kid much more than this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, that's fine, that's fine. That was a kid who suffered from serious mental health. His mother as opposed to getting him health help. I remember that case vividly, vividly. The mother should have gotten that kid some help. That kid was sitting in his in his room. He had pulled I think all the curtains down, he had covered up his windows to the outside world, and all he did was play video games all the time. And his mother, to try to help him, got him a gun and took him to the shooting range. And the morning before this kid went to the school and killed the twenty young kids and the six teachers in Newtown.
Speaker 5: Canne lots of those assassinations, which to me are a lot worse.
Speaker 1: Well, I would agree with you when you start talking about twenty children, but it's got nothing to do with what I'm talking about tonight. The point I was trying to make, which I'm going to make, whether you want me to make it or not, is that I'm fearful that this is going to put the idea of killing heads of companies you get upset with, you know, pick a company, you get upset with a company, and if you're a little off, you say, well, what I'm gonna do is gonna go shoot the head of the company.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, uh, that That's what bothers me. I think anybody who would take a gun and shoot Robert Kennedy or Martin Luther King, they are by definition nuts. This kid, I don't know if he's nuts or if he was hired to do this, but this is a worrisome development in how we are going to live here in America if this can happen to the CEO of a major healthcare company at six forty five in the morning, Judy, thank you for the call. Nonetheless, have you called the show? Is this your first time?
Speaker 5: I think I called several years ago.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, come call again.
Speaker 1: In several years. Okay, nice to talk to, have a great night. Good night. It's a funny world, isn't it. Six one seven thirty six seven nine three one ten thirty. Uh. I'm simply asking the questions. That's all I'm asking tonight. This is a subject that I think everybody is intrigued by, probably repulsed by. At the same time. I don't want to go into the personal life of this guy. I know nothing about his personal life at all. I just want to know, how can this happen? I mean, this is a guy who's walking to some sort of an investment conference, probably schedule. People knew about it, and he's a When I use the word assassination, I mean he's shot for no reason. That's an assassination. It's not a political assassination, but it's an assassination. We've had two attempts on the life of President Trump this summer. One shot that came within a couple of inches of his brain, hit him, thank god, in an ear and missed him. You know, this is New York City. There were police everywhere. This kid had to I don't know. I mean, you talk about judgment, he got away with it. He killed the person he wanted to kill. I wonder if he's still alive tonight. I'm trying to think this through and I'm looking for some help. Join me on the conversation. Coming back on Nightside.
Speaker 2: Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Let's keep rolling here, going to Tim and Woober and Hey, Tim, appreciate your calling in your thoughts on this this story, which really I think is interesting.
Speaker 7: I'm very impulsed by the whole thing. It's unbelievable they can shoot anyone. I don't know what the heck's going on, but it's terrible. But the main reason I called is to wish you happy holidays.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much. What what do you what? What do you celebrate at this time? If you're Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanza, what's your holiday?
Speaker 7: No, I am a Catholic Christmas, Well I am.
Speaker 1: Too, so I want to wish you merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I'm a long time listener, third time caller.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent, well call more often. You're the You're the nicest call of the night. I really wish you merry Christmas and whatever holiday all of our listeners celebrate, whether it's Kwanza or or Rhonica or Christmas. I'm not a big happy Holidays guy. I'm much more about I want to know what you celebrate so I can wish you happy holidays. Is kind of like vanilla ice cream. I like v.
Speaker 7: Let me just say this. You are the best. What you do for the community and what you the patient you have with some people is unbelievable. That patient you have, I say, I don't know how he does it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it helps. I just had a text from a friend of mine in a far away state. Uh and uh. That friend was listening and said, uh, you know, great topics. Although I get your humor, sometimes sometimes I just try to make a comment that is intended to make a point, but to do it as a gentleman, I guess.
Speaker 7: Is what you do it all the time. You have a lot of patience and you don't give them a hard time. It's unbelievable. I've listened every night I listened to you. I haven't listened to.
Speaker 2: You for years.
Speaker 7: This is a third time, long time listening, third time call in the last couple of years. But I will call again.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks Tim very much, and again hope you and yours have a great Christmas and tell your friends about Nightside. The thing that's great about a lot of people like to sit in front of watch television at night. And you know this is interesting because you get a pretty good cross section of the American public. And as I say, on a subject like this, I don't know the answers. I'm actually I'm trying. I'm really curious. The only ability I have is I'm curious. I like to find out what other people think. So that's yeah, I'm about the smartest guy.
Speaker 7: Merry Christmas and I'll be calling again.
Speaker 1: Sounds great. You know, I want to quote Albert Einstein. Einstein reportedly said I have no special talent. I'm only passionately curious. I'm passionately curious, and I love it when I when I meet someone like you over the phone. Someday we're going to bump into each other in the street and please say hello to me.
Speaker 7: Okay, Oh I definitely will. I'd love to meet you and shake your hand.
Speaker 1: Right back at you. Thanks, Tim, you made my knight. Uh you know what, Tim, I want to send you a night side tote bag.
Speaker 2: That nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's what I want you to do. You have the nicest caller to me tonight, and I'm going to return the favor. You hang on there and Rob is going to get your name information. Rob knows what to get and you're gonna get a night side Would you like a night side coffee mug or a tote bag? I'll give you your choice.
Speaker 7: Uh, coffee mug.
Speaker 1: All right, You're gonna You're gonna get a beautiful nightside coffee mug from our friends at college, hype Jack Dougherty, who I'm gonna see tomorrow, and I'm gonna tell him that we're gonna get you a nightside coffee mug. And I want you every morning when you have coffee, think about nightside fair enough.
Speaker 2: That that would be great?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 1: Thanks a man, You're welcome in Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 7: Thank you all right, don't hang up.
Speaker 1: Rob will get all the information. Where we're gonna go next, gonna go to mel in Boston. Hey Mail, how are you tonight?
Speaker 3: Hey Dan?
Speaker 1: How are you doing great? No, talk right into that phone for me so I can hear you.
Speaker 6: Well, Okay, go right ahead, Yeah man, how's it going doing great?
Speaker 1: Mail? What's what's your what's your take on all of this?
Speaker 6: So it's very interesting. I learned a lot about it just from listening tonight. Uh, thank you, And it just reminded me. This is a show on Peacock right now. It's called The Jackal, and I heard of that. Yeah, I've been listening to you talk about the guy's description, and The Jackal is pretty much almost like it just the same thing that the character in the shows. A young guy, good looking guy, looks like a like a college kid or like a young professional. Uh, knows how to how to adapt to different environment. This isn't the show you know, where like he knows how to interact with people, he knows the disguises. He just knows how to like maneuver just to position himself where he needs to be to get his target. He's a hitman, you know. And it's just like, yeah, and it's just so crazy that just happened. And this is like one of the top shows on that app right now, which is still going on, you know what I mean. I think there's a few episodes left. But it's just crazy how how that's.
Speaker 1: Well, this is real life. I mean, what we're doing, you and me right now is real life. I'm going to be fascinated to see how this turns out. I mean, you know, when you think about, let's say, the attempted assassination of President Trump and Butler Pennsylvania, it's a twenty year old kid. We still don't have the real story behind that. This kid had telephones with encrypted messages. He's a twenty year old kid. Twenty year old kid should be out trying to spend time with his friends, you know, meet people his own age, socialized you know what I'm saying. His life is starting, and he basically takes a couple of shots at the President of the United States and a secret service guy, Popsham. But we still don't know all the information. I want to know what compelled him to try to shoot and kill Donald Trump. He's twenty years old. He shouldn't even be thinking about politics. He should be thinking about who's he going to be going out on, you know, to party with on the weekend.
Speaker 6: They're right, and I think when in both cases with Donald Trump and with this this new case, I don't think either one of those guys doing that alone or did it alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's the commonality. You're smart, man. You you picked up on what I was saying you picked up on what I was laying down, and that is I wouldn't be a bit surprised if someone paid this dude and said, hey, here's this guy's picture, you're gonna pop him, and when he went to get his money, they might have popped this kid.
Speaker 6: Yeah he might not. He might. You're right, either he's out of the country or whom or he might not be allive. That's a possibility.
Speaker 1: And believe me, if he's out of the country, Uh, that doesn't protect him because he may be in a country that we can bring him back from, or there could be people who would go and get him and and and and dispose of him out of the country. I mean, this is man. Uh, this kid looks so calm, cool and collected thinking of what he was doing his whole life. He killed the guy, but he also do his own life. I mean, you know, not literally but figuratively, because I mean, if he's ever caught, he's going to spend the rest of his life in jail. This this is this is your classic murder one case. This is not two guys who are gott in an argument on a Friday night outside of bar and one guy knife the other guy. This is murdered, period, this cold blooded murder.
Speaker 6: This was premeditated, This was planned.
Speaker 1: Totally premeditated, premeditated, preplayed, cold blooded murder. Mel great call man, Thank you so much. You're you're restoring my faith in my audience. Thanks so much.
Speaker 6: Problem first time calling, first time.
Speaker 1: Studio audience.
Speaker 6: All right, yeah, I listened to you on my way to work every night.
Speaker 1: So yeah, come on, be called. And we always like to have second time, in third time in full time callers too. Okay, particularly good ones, and you're a good one. Thank you man. Well, what sort of holiday do you celebrate up coming?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: This next couple of little.
Speaker 6: Chris Christmas, Christmas, Christmas Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thanks bell, appreciate it very much. Hope you enjoyed. Talk to you soon. A good good night. Take a quick break. I got Christine, Gary and Jean. I got room for you six one seven, two five four ten thirty or six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Dial it up. Let's have it. Let's have at it now.
Speaker 2: Back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World night Sight Studios on WBZ the news radio.
Speaker 1: Back to the phones, we go. Let's wrap it up here, going to go to Jeane in Midford. Hi, Gene, welcome, next on nightside, Hello, Hi Jeene, welcome. Where are you?
Speaker 5: I'm home.
Speaker 8: I just got home from Mark.
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm doing great? What's your take on our subject tonight? Jean?
Speaker 8: Tell you what I think? So I gotta really wonder you just start out of then gettallo on on his ceo. CEO go against some medical bring that caused the talent or someone that he posted to him.
Speaker 1: Ah, but the CEO wouldn't be the guy who says, oh, we're not going to cover that. You know. Do you know what I'm saying? I mean it's this, this CEO probably never dealt with the individual in short, or the or the children of the individual in short.
Speaker 8: You know, but is he blaming the company? And could he be going against I mean, you don't know.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you know, I understand the point you're making. Yeah, and that he's gonna he's gonna hurt the company by killing the CEO. I'll tell you what it's. It's a hell of a chance to take to be able to pull it off. Uh. And then once you pull it up, you pull it off. You know that you're going to be hunted. I mean, if this guy's alive, they're going to find him.
Speaker 8: Oh absolutely, And I think soon.
Speaker 1: I think sooner rather than later.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, it's only a matter of time.
Speaker 1: Did you see the picture that they released today. It's a full face version. It's a much clearer picture of his face. You know, it would be like, Gene if if you or me, maybe me because I'm a bit of a public figure. But if if somehow you robbed a bank and your face was shown and they put that picture out there, you'd have someone of your friends or relatives. That's my friend Jean from Medford.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: You know now that this full face picture is out, someone's going to recognize him definitely. Oh man, what the hell? Sort of where where's our country going at this point? You know, I just feel this is not a good development.
Speaker 8: No, not at all all.
Speaker 1: Jee thanks so much for thank you for calling in. Always great to hear your voice. We'll talk soon. And you celebrate Christmas. Let me wish you merry Christmas.
Speaker 8: If you do, you have a wonderful holiday.
Speaker 2: You two, however you celebrate, I celebrate Christmas?
Speaker 1: What do you celebrate.
Speaker 2: Christmas.
Speaker 1: Also, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: You thank you, thank you much.
Speaker 1: Let's keep rolling. Here're going to go to Christine and Detam. Hey Christine, welcome, you are next on night side. What are you thinking tonight?
Speaker 9: Well, I was talking to people tonight and they were saying that he was being threatened. But that's from what I heard and his wife that I was. I think he was like, like Tony an insurance playim against either that kid's family or him.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just seems to me that it's one thing to get upset at a company. Uh you know whatever. I mean, you you go to a restaurant and you have a bad meal, what do you do come back and shoot something?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You know, you suck it up and you move on. I mean, there has to be something deeper than this, because when you think about it, by him firing those bullets, he killed the guy. But he's life too. His own life is done done right.
Speaker 9: He left clues around, he left his cell phone on the ground, he left a chocolate candy bar on the ground. He rented one of those bikes you know you can rent, like like in Boston.
Speaker 1: Everything, Like what let me ask you have you seen the full the full picture of him that was released tonight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, I don't care who you are.
Speaker 1: Someone is going to rap him out if who knows him and grabbed the ten thousand. First of all, there should be more than a ten thousand dollars reward. The company United United Healthcare should have a million dollar award right.
Speaker 9: Now, exactly.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So I don't know, it's specials. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, well we'll we'll all find out. And my sense is we're going to find out fairly soon. I could be wrong on.
Speaker 9: That, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this kid's still alive. If he was a patsy and someone said to him, look, we'll give you twenty thousand dollars cold cash, No he sup. He took a bus into New York from somewhere. Someone's going to recognize him. This kid, this kid's going to be toast a lot sooner.
Speaker 9: I hope he's not a Massachusetts kid.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't care where it comes from. I just think for him to do something like that, it was cowardly, brutal, and then to go over and shoot the guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, give me a break, right right.
Speaker 1: I know, Christine, I know I'm going to talk to you before Christmas, but in the meantime, have a merry Christmas holiday season.
Speaker 9: A merry Christmas to you too, Dan.
Speaker 1: Thanks Christine.
Speaker 9: Talks and one tonight or just that.
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't see that? Who they beat?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: They beat King Philip thirty nine to twenty.
Speaker 1: That's a super Bowl game. Good for Catholic Memorial. They got a great program over the great academics and great sports.
Speaker 2: That's right, Thanks Christine, you have a great night.
Speaker 1: Last call of the night is my friend Gary and Woober and Gary, you're perfectly positioned to wrap the show tonight. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 10: You're a wonderful, wonderful person. What's my toatbag?
Speaker 1: I missed the last comment, Gary.
Speaker 10: That's okay, that's okay. I was joking around about the tow bag. You're a wonderful person.
Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, you don't need it. You don't need a tote bag. You have so much money you could buy a tote bag, a sweatshirt, a T shirt, and a coffee mug.
Speaker 10: I know you quit lyon ohten. One thing is this, these people who are rich and famous and so forth, president of companies and so forth, you're making over two hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year or more and so forth.
Speaker 2: In the MIDI this.
Speaker 1: Guy made ten million last year.
Speaker 10: Well, I think we come to a day and age, you know, probably the last fifty years of our lives. But these people should start higher in their own private security. Not twenty four hours a day, but at least combination in the daytime. And so once they hit home and they decided I'm staying home, got my security on, and as soon as I leave there six o'clock at night, I leave it until eight o'clock in the morning. Because they need to do this because their lives are online all the time. Professional athletes, Dan Ray, not me, only people who are famous agree Well.
Speaker 1: I think that pro athletes would be smart. As we found out in terms of what was it. Patrick mahomes house was broken into because you know, they're playing and they're playing on national television. You know, they should have some security people at their home and they're they're playing a game, because obviously that that's what we've seen a bunch. It was a basketball player for the Milwaukee Bucks, the tight End Kelsey's house got broken into Patrick Mahomes, So that's for sure, for sure. I don't know that professional athletes need need bodyguards, you know, I don't think anyone's out to harm a professional athlete. I don't think this guy probably have imagined that someone's going to shoot him in the back, but they probably when they're in public settings, should have some security people around them just in case. Yes, we hopefully, you know, hopefully most of us can live our lives in a free society without worrying about someone doing something stupid to us. But you know, you never know, you never know. Hey, Gary, have a great Christmas. If we don't talk before Christmas, Okay, have a great night, good night. All right, I'm done for the night, Rob, you have a great night. Tomorrow night, I'm off. Gary Tanguer will be in. I'll be back on Monday night. College Admissions Panel Monday night, eight o'clock. Get your everyone you know to listen to that show, particularly to someone in their family who's beginning the process of applying to college. Bill Fitzsimmons and Great Goslin. Bill Fitzimmons from Harvard Grant Goslin from Boston College will join us. If you want to participate and then the night the twelfth annual Nightside Charity Combine. Call me or send me an email. Dan rayatiheartmedia dot com. We'll get you in. We're going to close it up with it in the next few days. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's why Pal Charlie Ray Is who passed fourteen years ago in February. That's all your pets are who have passed. They love you, You love them. I do believe you're going to see them again. Have a great weekend everyone, See again Monday night. On nights sidet eight o'clock. Be here of B Square