Speaker 1: And now it's time for Joe Escalante Live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank across the Street promo meaners it's at that serves beer.
Speaker 2: Good Evening America. Tonight, we break down the box office with new films challenging Fantastic Four for the top spot. We'll also get into the latest legal troubles facing your favorite top stars and a shocking new lawsuit, a second lawsuit against Shannon Sharp, and some new developments in the Ditty case. And stay with us for all the drama from the big screen to the courthouse. Sam and yours truly your host, set our new record for seeing movies this week. So some of these are good, some of these are bad. Some of them are so bad they're good again. But we'll get into the whole list. First of all, we have some breaking news. A celebrity high celebrity hair colorist Ryan Pearl was arrested in Miami this week. Sam Pearl, whose clients have reportedly included Hayley Bieber and Sophie Turner, was arrested on felony charge including traveling to meet a childlish sexual contact, transmitting harmful content to a miner, and cocaine possession. According to Miami police, the arrest followed a tip from the mother of a fifteen year old girl who noticed suspicious transactions and inappropriate messages on her daughter's phone. Police took control of the teen's phone and posed as the girl, complete with a wig and a Hello Kitty outfit, in controlled conversations with Pearl. They say Pearl sent explicit photos and made sexual remarks, fully aware he was communicating with a miner or a policeman in a wig. The arrest was made when Pearl arrived at a pre arranged playground our meeting spot, where police found condoms and what they believe to be cocaine in his car. After appearing in a bond court, judge set the bail at twenty six thousand dollars, which he has since paid. In his roaming the Miami Dade area, a judge is ordered him has ordered him to have no contact with the victim. Police are looking into possible other victims. Sam, I'm leading that tonight because hair colorists of the stars are also getting into trouble. Everybody's joining the act.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, Oh, I'm clutching my pearls over here. But that would have been a pun considering the guy's name.
Speaker 2: Yes, so a celebrity colorist colorists, I know a colorist. It's a celebrity coloriss. He's a scoundrel. I think it's like one of those jobs you don't have to go to beauty school for you, just like, yeah, I color die your hair. I'll come over to your house and die your hair. This is this guy does. It goes to people's houses dyes their hair. And no one wants to dye their own hair. Even though everybody knows how to dye their hair. You just got to get someone else to do it. You need an extra set of hands. So it's a I think it's a low bar for entry in that career. So I think they should check out all the celebrity hair colorists.
Speaker 3: Give them a lot, make sure they take like some kind of licensing exam something.
Speaker 2: I could just follow them my ramp for a couple of days, check a confiscate their computers. That's what That's the easiest way. And this is just a lead into what's going on with Diddy right now. Prosecutors are saying that they will be asking for a substantially higher prison sentence. Than the four to five years that they originally anticipated. As you remember, Sam Diddy got off on most things, but he there was some.
Speaker 3: I think that's why he had these freak offs. Oh hilarious, heyo.
Speaker 2: Did. He was convicted on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution charge. It carries a maximum ten years on each count. Okay, so two could go for twenty. But you know these people never never go for as much as they could unless they broke into the capitol. So sorry. He was acquitted on the more serious charges of racketeering and sex trafficking. They just couldn't make those stick. Too much baby oil. While prosecutors initially believed federal sentence seeing guidelines would recommend a sentence of four to five years, a new court filing argues the range will be higher, partly due to the risk that Combs may flee. In the same filing, prosecutors also opposed Comb's recent request to be released on a massive fifty million dollars bail while he awaits his October third sentencing. They argue he has fail to prove he is not a danger to the community, citing his extensive history of violence, some of which has been captured on surveillance videos and everybody's seen. The judge previously denied a similar bail request. For their part, Combs's lawyers argue that the sentencing guidelines, if calculated correctly, would carry a call would only call for a term of twenty one to twenty seven months. That's Combs's lawyers wow, twenty one to twenty seven months in prison. They have been fighting for his release, arguing that his detention is unjust and that he was acquitted of the most serious charges. Combs will remain in custody and tell the sentencing date. I think they have a point because he was acquitted on the serious charges. So what's he still doing in jail?
Speaker 3: What a good question?
Speaker 2: What's he doing there? I mean, I don't approve of anything he ever did, ever nothing. I don't like any of it.
Speaker 3: If he's is, he's still a threat to harror others and traffic others and do the same thing that he got thrown in.
Speaker 2: I don't think for And if you got a fifty million dollar bail, this guy doesn't have a lot of money left. That's that's you know, he's doing everything, and then they're gonna sentence him and there you know, then they're going to probably give him credit for time served. He served a lot of time. Uh, and what you know Pete did he can't. I don't think he's a flight risk because look at him. He could. He he beat these charges. So he goes out. It's, if anything, they should have just let him out during the trial so he could get into some other trouble and they could get some real charges against him. Yeah, because they they locked him up and then he couldn't do anything like murder any witnesses. So then now look at him, Not that you want witnesses to be murdered, but you know, if you're trying toil and nail this guy to the wall.
Speaker 3: Well you know what he should do.
Speaker 2: Team up with a celebrity hair colorist and.
Speaker 3: Obviously no, or just do what you always say, give away all of his money one percent.
Speaker 2: He should be giving away all his money one percent of it. And then after he's given it all the way and he's shown he has nothing, you stay at your friend's house for a while and then you make a deal somewhere where you get eight to ten million dollars to produce a bunch of records for some label.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a well loubed up couch to lay on.
Speaker 2: Somewhere and then or do an endorsement for baby oil. Not Johnson and Johnson, because that's too you know, standard, it's too high profile. But what if you want to break into the baby oil market and Johnson and Johnson's got it wrapped up? You get p Diddy. I'd say you'd be number two right away, number two in them in the nation in baby ohel ditty oil. You thought I was slimy, I'm just slippery thanks to Acme Baby.
Speaker 3: Oil slip out of any charges they throw.
Speaker 2: At Yeah, give the cops the slip with Acme baby Uh huh.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness. Do you want to My soul feels like it's burning a little right now.
Speaker 2: Do you want to make a boy?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 2: Do you want to make a Prince? No? I was gonna say, there's a famous quote by Prince No, by boy George. Have you ever heard it? No?
Speaker 3: I haven't.
Speaker 2: I don't want to repeat it. It's two racist.
Speaker 3: You want to do it off the air, Yeah, we'll do it off the air.
Speaker 2: And if you know it, you could call you could call into the studio what's our number here?
Speaker 3: Let's go with eight seven seven five two oh eleven fifty eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what if you call and you know, you know boy George's nickname for Prince or how he described him, I will give you a pair of tickets to see Sublime in Las Vegas at the Sublime Takeover August fifteenth or sixteenth in at the T Mobile Arena. I think that's what it's called. How about that? Okay, I'll give you a pair of tickets eight what's it called? Eight seven seventy five to eleven fifteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you think people are going to google that really fast and then try to find a way to sneak in?
Speaker 2: This is a prize for a good googler? You know, I don't know. Okay, all right, we're gonna take a break.
Speaker 3: And up your Google boxes.
Speaker 2: We take a break, and we're gonna come back and talk about all the all the movies I saw and which ones you should see, and who's winning the box office game, et cetera. After traffic Chilliscolante Live from Hollywood. WHOA Hollywood is so glamorous, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Sam yes, glitzy and glamour.
Speaker 2: Yes, I see starlits walking up the streets, down the boulevard, in the cafes, at the lunch counter. It's a dream out here.
Speaker 3: Okay, I feel so glamorous.
Speaker 2: Box office, the box office, millions of dollars, if not billions, are spent on glamorous Hollywood movies every week, Sam, And this week was no different. Number one at the box office. You may have guess, was just like last week Fantastic four First Steps. This comes from the Marvel Walt Disney organization, and it has collected one hundred and ninety eight American dollars so far at the box office. However, Sam, it's dropped off from the first week sixty six percent. Hmmm, that is uh, that's.
Speaker 3: Pretty rough considering it got pretty positive reviews. That is a pretty pretty drastic drop off. Yeah, they can't buy as much tensil now.
Speaker 2: Well, many critics, Sam. Critics are people who judge movies more than more than others. They say, it's, you know, the best cinematic take on this family yet. The film is praised for its confident tone. It's a retro futuristic nineteen sixties aesthetics and a narrative that drops viewers into a world where the team is already established. This approach largely sidesteps the typical origin story, which is usually the best story in a comic book thing. I mind, but they bypassed it just to be different. They use an in universe TV special to catch people up, which most see as a smart move. Did you see that as a smart move, Sam?
Speaker 3: I can see it as being a smart move for especially when you have a bunch of fans who have been disconnected from the universe for quite some time since Avengers happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's me. Yeah, I used to be in so into Marvel. Is your age, Sam? What are you ten?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay. When I was your age, I was subscribing to every Marvel newsletter. I was subscribed to Spider Man, and I went to the comic book store with all my money just spent on comic books. I went to comic book conventions. Over time, I got Marvel fatigue, and some people blame the drop off on superhero fatigue. But and I grew up and it just wasn't you know, comic books. I started reading you know, sophisticated things like Woody Allen books, and Mark Twain books and things like that, not Caro Whac and and and these kinds of things. Really, I wasn't a revolutionary but.
Speaker 3: Not so high brow kind of Hunter S.
Speaker 2: Thompson mid brow, yeah, Hunter S. Thompson. I read all his columns in the Herald Examiner, and I read all his books except for the ones that I didn't read. So the chemistry between these these stars on on Fantastic four pretty good. Vanessa Kirby and Pedro Pascal. Those are only two people that I knew. The other the other people Joseph Quinn and Eben Moss, Baccharac as Ben. Uh. I don't know who these people are, but Ben was great and Johnny was pretty good, and uh, I don't know. I just thought it was a great movie. And how many prompts with it? Did I fall asleep a part of it? Yeah, a little bit. But you know, these movies are just throwing buildings at each other for a while. You don't have to get that into it.
Speaker 3: And it's hot out and those seats are soft and comfortable, you have air conditioning. Of course, it's a nice place to knock out for a moment.
Speaker 2: The central conflict is with Galactus and the Silver Surfer. Yes, who somehow is the same girl from art from U from Ozark. I thought Silver Surfer was was a man, and I have I have a number one of Silver Surfer the comic book. A number one. Wow, number one. I don't know if that's worth, but if you call me and tell me what it's worth, maybe I'll give you some concert tickets. Okay, not me going to my phone the threat. Yeah, Gody from What's My Number one is? I don't think it's worth that much, but I certainly like having a number one. It's because I don't have a number one Spider Man, I certainly don't. Okay. So anyways, Galactus and Silver Surfer, you know, you got to receive the world from these these villains. But then their unborn son, Franklin is threatened, so now you got an emotional story along there. It's kind of a pro life Marvel movie, I would say the most pro life that has been because they show the baby in the womb, and obviously the young child after seeing Franklin in the womb, would never get an abortion because he sees the baby right in there. It's a real baby. So kudos to them for their Right to Life action film.
Speaker 3: About sixteen hundred bucks. No way, if it's in pretty decent condition and well capped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's pretty good. I mean I keep it in my car on the dashboard. It's because I like to read it a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh, if it's an incredibly good condition, you could probably get something upwards of eight thousand bucks. M Yeah, like I mean spotless mint condition mm.
Speaker 2: Of anything like that. Yeah, I bet. I mean I've kept it in a plastic bag this whole time. Wow, stuffed away. Uh, that's pretty cool. Coodn'tws? He just made me feel better. Yeah, because every time I go look for what Now, if I go look into boxes for it, it's probably gonna be gone. Maybe because sometimes someone will go like, hey, oh this is the origin of the Punisher. It's an Spider Man, you know, sixty two or so. And I go look and I go, I know I have that because I read it and I had it, and then I'd go flok for it and it's gone. So but I no way, no one's taking my Silver Surfer. But anyway, Silver Surfer is a lady great actress, Julia Gardner. You know, as I said, the box office is great the first week, but then it dropped off. But you got to stay for the end, right.
Speaker 3: Sam, Always it's a Marvel movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're showing some stuff at you. My wife will not leave before the end of any movie, he thinks. When when the movie's over, there's still something coming. She's gonna miss out. Yeah, okay, so uh that was That was one of the movies I saw this week, and I got time for another one. Yeah, I do. Next movie I saw is a little film called Quick Change. I saw this in the theater. You remember it, No, I do, not Bill Murray. He's a clown and he robs a bank. Now how old is this nineteen ninety okay, so uh, he's it's kind of a love hate letter to New York. It's uh. It starts with him robbing a bank and he's dressed like a clown, and then he lets one of the hostages out, and then he lets another one out, and then the but what these these hostages really take all the money and they hide it in their bodies, and he takes his clown makeup off and he becomes he and then he's the third hostage. It's let out and then they get away because they don't know that he's the clown. Yeah, and then he goes. Then the rest of it is just like how gross New York was in nineteen ninety and they tried to get on a plane anyway. This I was invited by a friend who rented out the screening room with the Soho Lounge here in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Talk about stars, Sam, Yeah, stars everywhere. So she rented it out for her birthday and she could show any movie in the world, and she chose. She chose Quick Change.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And she didn't tell anybody what movie we were going to watch. We sat down and there it came.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so pretty cool. So the plot I just kind of went over the plot of this thing. It was Bill Murray's directorial debut, and it was a box office flop. Sam really yeah, No one wanted to see it, But over time it's got kind of a cult following thanks to some memorable smaller rules by Stanley Tucci and Tony Shaohoub. Do you know him, Oh yeah, monk yeah, monk oh. He's great in this movie. Yeah, if just to see him in the movie. He plays like a uh Andy Kaufman character, a taxi driver that doesn't speak English. Pretty good. I mean it was just super fun. The perfect movie to watch.
Speaker 3: If you could rent out a giant spot like that and have a bunch of celebrity show up for your birthday, what movie would you screen? Deliverance, Deliverance, It's easy, not The Manitou.
Speaker 2: And not the worst movie on Earth, which we will talk about. Uh, I'd say the worst movie available to see today. I'm not gonna say what it is. I'm just gonna tease it it was. I'll just read my letterbox review for it and then and then you can guess what it is. Oh, where did it go? M This abortion seems like it was written by that guy who Sasha Baron Cohen took a comedy lesson from in the first Borat movie. Remember that guy he gave comedy lessons to Borat?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 2: You say something and then you say.
Speaker 3: The guy who taught him a not joke?
Speaker 2: I like you not not? Yes, this movie was Perhaps it was written by that guy. I'll tell you what it is when we come back right here. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Hey, Joe Scalante Live Hollywood, If by Hollyman you meet Holly. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank, Burbank not so glamorous.
Speaker 3: There's some glamour. I think I mean three AMC movie theaters within a block of each other.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Johnny Carson recording his show right down the Street four nights a week. That was pretty good. They stopped that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, he's okay. He I heard he had some issues with his wife.
Speaker 2: Oh, I teared up when he died. Johnny Carson one of the very fewish celebrities that that did that to me.
Speaker 3: Not many people had time.
Speaker 2: I watched you watched him every night, and my mom would just beg me to go to bed, and I just let me watch the monologue, just just the monologue, and then I would hope she would go away until I watch, you know, as much of it as possible and fall asleep on the floor in front of the TV set. That's why I'm so short, she said, thinking of sleep before midnight. She told me that you grow in the hours of sleep you get before midnight.
Speaker 3: That I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's what you say if you're trying to get your short kid to go to bed. Who wants to be in the NBA. Yeah, okay, so I'll read this review and you said you guess which movie I saw? Sam, Okay, here's my This is in my letterbox. If you want to get a tattooed on yourself, you could go there and get word for it. All right, This abortion seems like it was written by that guy who Sasha Baron Cohen took a comedy lesson from in the first Borat movie. Okay, do you have a guess.
Speaker 3: Of what movie it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I give a new movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna take a shot. Okay, happy Gilmore two. Oh you must have seen it, then I've seen it. Wow, what a turn. I didn't feel quite as harshly as you did. At the same time, it wasn't. It's for these legacy films that we all thought would never have a sequel that like, over the last maybe ten years, we've seen an additional sequel out of them. Not many of them have been good. You had like Bill and Ted's, you had the Matrix, you had this one even coming to America too. There was a ton of these sequels of old legacy films that we remember from the eighties and nineties where they try to, you know, capitalize on the nostalgia of it, and it's Jude John. It's just it's just fan service. It's nothing. It's not supposed to at this point, anybody who has an expectation of these movies being good is going in just with way too high expectations.
Speaker 2: Well, I saw Godfather too, and that was sensational.
Speaker 3: That was sensation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I thought maybe this would be, you know, the same vibe. But it was just like, you know, bloated with stupid side plots and subplots, and they jumped between this family tragedy and some addiction storyline and then a new golf league rivalry, Like they're gonna make fun of of live golf. What live golf is? Like, that's not it's not anything so outrageous you make fun of it. Like, why would Happy Gilmour not be in the live golf side? Why would he be in the corporate golf side. He's sticking up for the corporate golf. And here's another thing. What is he wearing on the golf course.
Speaker 3: His usual garb?
Speaker 2: It looks terrible. Okay, he's an old man and he looks terrible in those clothes. There's are unflattering clothes, and so he decided maybe in the first movie that was something, But in the second movie, he's gonna wear clothes that he wore twenty years earlier and look bad on him, then look really bad on him now. And I got to watch this. It's like watching a movie where the characters are ugly, or like the movie Wicked, where the chorus was ugly and they made me watch ugly people in the chorus. I've got to watch him in these horrible clothing choices. And there's no golf technique that you can like look at, because there's a lot of beauty in a good golf swing. There's no beauty in this movie. His family is stupid, the jokes are dumb. It's I would say, the original Happy gil More. I I remember, I remember right where I was when I watched it. I was on an airplane and I was on my way home from Europe, and I put it and it was playing on the plane, you know, when everyone had to watch the same movie, and and but the flight was so long, nobody nobody was up and I was watching it. I was laughing out loud, just disturbing everybody. And I'm looking around to see who else is watching this, and I see one guy way across the jumbo jet, and I go, are you seeing this? Are you seeing how funny this is? And he's going, yeah, I am seeing this. And it was a it was a it was a moment. It wasn't a mile high club moment, but.
Speaker 3: It was a half mile high club.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was you got off by yourself a little. We both enjoyed it together. But this movie it really suffers, I think from he has this deal with Netflix and it's like an output deal where he nobody's giving him notes and saying this joke is old, this joke is stupid, this joke doesn't really hit, doesn't land or whatever these people say, and nobody. Everybody's just saying, that's perfect, mister Sandler. Everything's good. This is a great movie. You would know you're the guy. It's awful. And he needs young people, is what he needs. Young new kind of comedy, people that are brighter than whatever. Like I said, the guy who the guy in the bar at movie where he gave comedy lessons and he said, like to do comedy, you might say, like I like your clothes, not that was that was a guy who would would think these jokes are probably wouldn't thinky're funny. You think they're service a book. And here's another one. I wrote, another one, I wrote another one. They're awful. Cameos are awful, Adam Sandler is.
Speaker 3: Just there was one good cameo. What was the son of the of Jaws?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's that's who that was. Yeah, yeah, he was cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was the guy who played Jobs.
Speaker 2: The son of Jaws looks like that.
Speaker 3: I'm getting that looked like him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looked like Jows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally. Yeah, Okay, I felt like that was the best part of the entire film.
Speaker 2: Quite frankly, I'll give you that. I'd say that, I would say, but I never laughed out loud or went like oh, I just like, yeah, that's kind of that's funny, that's funny. Maybe two or three times, but never laughed out loud like I did in the original. So just just uh.
Speaker 3: Do you feel like you went in with the expectations too high?
Speaker 2: Maybe? Yeah, I thought it would be funny. That guy he's still a capable of Okay, is is happy Gilmour the one where he's in the I don't know, I don't remember. It's the same movie where Adam Sandler is, uh, he's like having love problems, and then the the someone rings the doorbell downstairs, it's that Asian girl. And then and then she got the wrong number. And then the next scene they see you show her leaving his apartment with with one of his T shirts or something like that. Do you remember that scene?
Speaker 3: I think so it might be that one that's sounds like just about anyone. It might be Building Madison that.
Speaker 2: That was anyway, so that kind of joke. Yeah, it is like brilliant. There's no brilliance in this so I it's it's way, it's it's it's just just it's an abortion. Okay, let's go to another film that I didn't make it through. I have a good movie that I recommend to you that I saw this morning at nine am at the Belaitarra in Cinema Theater at the Cinemak Belatara in Huntington Beach. Good one nine am screening this morning, A great one. I'm gonna I'll tell you about it in the next segment. This is a movie that you're gonna want to see. But in the Netflix Netflix Flicks world. I wonder what, uh, how how many minutes would you guess I got through the Billy Joel documentary before I changed the channel. Let's take a guess.
Speaker 3: Seven and a half?
Speaker 2: Pretty close? Nine?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I mean, I just don't care. It seemed like a commercial for himself rather than the documentary. I'd rather watch a Billy Joe video about Green Day or or heck, I'd rather watch a Benji and Joel documentary about Good Charlotte. This was just insufferable and it's two parts. I got nine minutes. I was out. Do you see any of it? No, where'd you grow up?
Speaker 3: I grew up out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's if you grew up back East, you might go that's Billy Joel.
Speaker 3: That's the thing outside of New York. I know there's a lot of He had some very good songs, not gonna complain, not gonna diminish him at all. But I never, as a guy who goes to karaoke pretty frequently, I never really got up for anybody singing Billy Joel's songs because they just never were that great to me. If you're from New York. Now, the people who I know who are transplants from New York. They live and die by that dude, and I get it at the same time. Okay, you know he's a piano man, very good but not thrilling, but nice.
Speaker 2: It just can't it just like it just had the wrong tongue to me. Yeah, it was like it was like.
Speaker 3: Was it slurping up to him a little bit too much?
Speaker 2: It was him?
Speaker 3: It was just him.
Speaker 2: When I was a kid, I worked in the oyster boats. Yeah, it looked I wanted to. Uh. I used to look up this mansion and say, what kind of a jerk, rich jerk would live in it, that mansion? And then now I live in that mansion. I'm a rich jerk and it's not done yet, but because it's got scaffolding, but either am I? Oh oh? And then you show him like, you know, in a silhouette, like just like pensively, what.
Speaker 3: Would be a good documentary that of that that of that nature like uh, one where it's a musician or an artist performer of some sort where it really gets it right.
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 3: Do you want to go to break and ponder?
Speaker 2: It's a break. We'll give you ten of them, all right, Yeah, I would know. I didn't watch the whole thing. What do I know?
Speaker 3: You only got through nine minutes of it.
Speaker 2: M okay, Joe Ascalante Live from Hollywood, all right. I can't think of any documentaries that that that I like, that are comparable to that to this Billy Joel thing that I didn't like? Was it Whitney Houston one came out a while ago. It was pretty good, I guess, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, they have ones about bands like Annville and the such that.
Speaker 2: Are very good, and the one is really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but about individual artists, I'm not sure if there's any really great documentaries out there that you know, aren't like just completely slurping up to the performer, or aren't complete hatchet jobs.
Speaker 2: I know I'm thinking of some, and by the end of the show I'll have some. I'll at least one recommendation. But we'll speaking of singers with there's a bio pick on Michael Jackson that's finally going to come out, said to hit Theaters and Imax on April twenty fourth, twenty twenty six. It's delayed a release as because of we talked about this one time before, but then this is like, now we have a date April twenty four, twenty twenty six. It was. It's so confusing to me because it was delayed because they used a bunch of They had a storyline about this kid that sued Michael Jackson for molesting him. And the kid who plays Michael Jackson is Michael Jackson's nephew. Did you know that. Yeah, in the movie, Jaffar is the guy who is always harassing Aladdin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so his his nephew is Jaffar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the guy who's always harassing Aladdin, exact precisely.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, so they used they used the storyline of that kid. This is what the excuse are give. Now we have to reshoot the whole thing or a big good part of it because we can't use the story of that guy suing Michael Jackson. So it's weird that they would even include that if it's obviously it's controlled by the Jackson family, if the guy that harasses Aladdin is starring in it.
Speaker 3: So they don't want to have the story of the of the lawsuit. It's not that they don't want to have the story of the incident, it's of the lawsuit that they don't want to have in there.
Speaker 2: They just don't want any of the action scenes. Ah, I don't have. The kid had a deal, like I think he got paid off and they said, I don't want you to tell I don't want you to talk about this in any I want to leave me out of it. He just wants to go his separate way. And somehow someone wrote this movie and included that in it. I just don't understand why that would end up in it anyway, but that's what did it. And then they found out they were going to get sued and that guy Jordie was going to have a second crack at Michael Jackson's fortune. Okay, now, did you ever read the book? No, the kid wrote, no, I didn't. Well I did, really.
Speaker 3: Let me give you a book right book you right now, because I'm actually quite intrigued by this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Could not put it down. It was it was so compelling, and it was banished from all book distributors. The only place you could get it was at Circus of Books in West Hollywood, which is like a gay bookstore where a lot of weird shit goes on. And if you're a young kid like I was, I had to go. I had to go and find that book, and I got it, and then everybody wanted to borrow it from me. No one wanted to go the homophobes that I grew up around in Orange County, they didn't want to go in there. I didn't care. Right in there, right in there.
Speaker 3: And came out with every bit of your equipment in tact.
Speaker 2: I came out with the book, a couple of phone numbers, and a couple job offers. So all right, we're gonna get to Michael jackson biopic with Ja'afar does Jaffartan you still have that like go tee and that is that Arab outfit?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess they're going to have a couple of scenes at least with Ali Ababwa just to what about a parrot? Yeah, they have, you know, Unfortunately Gilbert Gottfried's not around to do.
Speaker 2: The huh that's said? He was a hero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a legend, legend.
Speaker 2: I made a deal for him once at CBS and I had to I had to drive him somewhere afterwards. Remember that, that was like the biggest thrill of my executive life at the network.
Speaker 3: One of the best like comedy roasters that I've ever seen in my life. The guy is just blisteringly funny.
Speaker 2: Who can take over for him? But speaking of parrots, my parent can now say what you're talking about. He just picked that up. It's hard to teach your parent to say specific stuff. They can pick up things like you know here and there, and you don't want them to say you don't care like he goes. Who tell you that you got it from TV or something. I guess birds are born with it. I don't know. But he's what you're talking about. Now, Maybe that's where we got it from. Maybe what you're talking about willis is next. But I'm going in in you know, steps, because you want when you open up your door and you come home from a long day of word, you want to hear a bird say what you're talking about? Willis?
Speaker 3: What are the catchphrases? Are you trying to teach the bird?
Speaker 2: Hey? That's a oh well the one rhyme right now that I'm astered that This next one is not today, Karen.
Speaker 3: Not today Karen. Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good one. I'm not gonna murder you. It's another one that's gonna be hard.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be a good one to teach, especially like late at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but at night he says good night, and he wants the blanket to be put around his cage. Yeah, he wants to go to bed. He tells you, Yeah, in the morning, I'm not going to murder you in the morning, in your sleep. In the morning, he says, good morning. That's a good Burdo, the best bird. So, uh, all right, if you don't get me started on my part, I'll talk about him all day long. Uh you ever hear a Soldier Boy?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have. He's had a couple of interesting moments as a video game aficionado. He's had some moments of controversy. But please go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well, his real name is DeAndre Cortes. Way, you never want your real name posted an article because it usually means you were arrested. That's why no one knows my real name. I've never been arrested. Soldier Boy. Joe Ascalante is my my DJ name. You know my radio name. Yeah, my real name is the Goblin, but I had to change it for radio. Okay. So, Soldier Boy was arrested Sunday morning this morning in Los Angeles on felony weapons charge. The arrest occurred after a traffic stop where police discovered a firearm in the vehicle he was a passenger in. Now do you think this was on his way to church at like eight am this morning when I was on my way to church, or was it at four am? On his way home from the cloud?
Speaker 3: I would say he's a good church going man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is Sunday morning. Because of a prior felony conviction, he's a bad boy. He is not legally allowed to possess a firearm.
Speaker 3: Ooh, this is.
Speaker 2: Not his first run in with the law on this issue. He previously faced weapons charges in twenty sixteen. Well, he must have a lot of enemies. This arrest comes on the heels of a particularly difficult year for the rapper. In April, a jury found him libel for a number of civil claims, including sexual battery and assault, in a lawsuit filed by a former assistant. Wow, she used to help him and then he started assaulting her and sexually battering her.
Speaker 3: That's not nice, that's not good at all.
Speaker 2: No, he was ordered to pay the woman more than four million dollars. Can you imagine that? I mean, I'm sure she wouldn't trade that four million dollars for whatever happened to her, And I'm sure it was terrible, But how do you think the assistant to Soldier Boy's life was changed when she got four million dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not an equal payout. It was Soldier Boy.
Speaker 2: Now, probably forty percent of that went to her lawyers, and they probably deserved about four percent of it. His legal team at the time said they would fight the verdict. As of now, representative for Soldier Boy has not comment on the new arrest, and it's unclear what led to the traffic stop. I bet it was swerving. He was booked into jail on a felony charge. So what is he famous for? Soldier Boy?
Speaker 3: Ah, he did crank that. That was his song and it had a dance associated with that one that went viral back in the day, and so everybody would do the Soldier Cranked that, Soldier Boy, Superman whatever it was that Yeah. Yeah, But for him, he also had this weird thing like he wanted to like he viewed himself as being more of a you know, media mogul, and he wanted to try to get into the video game market, and he was trying to sell these video game consoles that he branded with his name and everything, but they were just like really cheaply created manufactured emulation consoles where basically you can just get the software for free online and play all these old school games and you see the app advertisements for them all over the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, buy this thing and it comes with forty old school games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or it has even more, like they'll have thousands of old school games because those old school games took up such little tiny room on data, so they could just like pile a ton of them on there. And so yeah, he got known for basically trying to scam people with the video game console.
Speaker 2: He'd make a box he sold Your Boys retro game.
Speaker 3: Box, overcharging for it hundreds of dollars, and it was it was stuff that you could get the equivalent for I had.
Speaker 2: The customer service was terrible on that.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't know how, because.
Speaker 2: You just brandish a firearm when you complained about it.
Speaker 3: He assues you if you complain. His complaints department is a lawsuit lawyer just starts not filing lawsuits against everybody.
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Ah? Yeah, he's very litigious.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I got some WNBA news coming up in the next it's so funny. I mean, it's not funny, it's terrible, but it's you know, it is what it is. It is what it is. We'll talk about it and then I'll tell you and the next hour, I promise I'm gonn tell you the great movie that I saw that I going to recommend to you. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. If by Hollywood you mean Burbank. All right, this is two hours of the business end of show business. We're an hour number two for this evening, and we were talking in the last hour about the first of all, I'm going to tell you the movie that I recommend that you're gonna want to see that I saw at nine am this morning in the theater. It's important, it was. But we earlier we were talking about how I couldn't get through the Billy Joel documentary and I texted my friend, very close advisor, uh and And, who contributes a lot to this this show as well. He's always looking for stories for me, and I asked him, I go. I told him, I go. I couldn't get through nine minutes of it, and he said he didn't get past one minute.
Speaker 3: It was that bad.
Speaker 2: He also grew up out here on the West coast, so maybe that has something to do with it. So then you said, well, what are some good documentaries that I.
Speaker 3: Might Yeah, ones that got it right.
Speaker 2: I think the there's a couple. I'm gonna say, the one I can without a doubt recommend is called The Devil and Daniel Johnston, about the singer Daniel Johnston. He is a guy. He was born in California and he was his Oh this is where you might have heard of him. His cult status was propelled when Kurt Cobain was seen wearing a Daniel Johnston T shirt. Bat t shirt you can probably get at Urban Outfitters now and it's probably made him one million dollars. It's possible. So Daniel Johnson, you can play little Daniel Johnston music. You have it queued out. He's trouble, He's a troubled mind.
Speaker 3: True love will find you in the end. You'll find out just too with your friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if you if you want to look at this documentary, it is playing on Amazon Video right now. You got to rent it, but you can actually you can stream it free on Prime Video and it's it's, it's, it's, it's so it's so good. I mean, I just think it's God. He's a guy. He's a guy who I followed his career. I actually went to see him a couple of times. And uh, he's still alive. Yeah, A lot of like people compare him to Wesley Willis. Wesley Willis, who I don't believe is alive. But there's a documentary about Wesley Willis also, and I would say that is a documentary that got it right now. The documentary Hated featuring about g. G Allen, I'd say's another one. But these are like, these are niche, weirdo documentaries that no one wants to see. The New York Dolls one that like had the bass player who was ended up working at the Mormon genealogy Library. That was a good one. But I don't know, maybe the Billy Joe one gets good Billy Joel. I don't know, I don't know. It's like two parts. Can't I couldn't take it. Okay, So the movie I saw it was very good and I can recommend is called Architecton.
Speaker 3: Architecton. Yes, it sounds like a transformer, A little bit like that build cities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or the Integratron, which is the name of the episode I wrote for Ancient Aliens. If you ever, if you're gonna see one Ancient Aliens episode, you should see the one about the Integratron because it's written by Joe's quante.
Speaker 3: Is it a gigantic machine that makes Acura integros.
Speaker 2: No, it can communicates with other worlds, and it's still sitting in Landers, California out there near Joshua Tree. You can go there now. Some ladies on it and they give like sound baths and yoga, but it's not what it was made for. I also did an episode on it and for my Fox Nation series Alien Abductions with Abby Hornisack, which can also still be seen on the Fox Nation app, which is probably down to like ninety nine cents by now to subscribe to that thing. Okayech Architecton saw it at nine am this morning at the Belitari Mall, the cinemak there. It's from A twenty four, so we know it's legit and it's less a story. It's less like about a story and it's more about a feeling. I would say it's for people who appreciate more artistic and contemplative approaches to filmmaking. Here's my review in letterboxed. You can if you want a tattooed on your back, you can go and get it there.
Speaker 3: I need the QR code so I can get that tattooed.
Speaker 2: It's so it's a film about architecture and the legacy that it leaves. Do you want to see a film that will make you think all day long and impact you for a long time and even maybe compel you to contemplate life itself. Or do you want to see Happy Gilmore too?
Speaker 3: That's what Happy Gillmore I was.
Speaker 2: Choice is yours? Some people call it a show don't Tell documentary. It's from this director named Victor Kosakovski, known for his critically acclaimed film called Gunda, which is about like pigs and ducks and stuff like that in a farm. And it's just like the cinematography is like over the top and you're just you're in this You're in this world. You're immersed in this world. And in this film, it's most mainly rock quarries and bombed out buildings in the Ukraine, buildings that have been destroyed by architects and by earthquakes, and Turkey, and then Old Ruins and Lebanon Roman ruins.
Speaker 3: With a focus on ferrets. No, come on some kind of animals.
Speaker 2: It's largely like wordless. It's like a meditation on the relationship between like humanity, nature and materials we used to build interesting. It's an immersive sensory experience, so make sure you see it in the theater. He uses like the stunning powerful images to make points rather than relying on narration. You're just saying you're having to put this story together, and by the end, then at the end they give you, they do your favor and the director comes out and tells you what it was on.
Speaker 3: See. Well, no, and I can appreciate stuff like that because there's so many documentaries and films that are focused and rely so much on talking head interviews to express points and narrations.
Speaker 2: A lot of films now they go, let's not have a narrator, let's have the scenes kind of just just tell the story and talk to each other and play off each other. Yeah, there's a different all the different theories, but this guy just says, I'm going to make you figure out what this film's about and what I'm trying to say, and it could take you a couple hours, but when you get it, it's going to hit you over the head. And it's centered around the contrast between ancient, lasting stone architecture and the modern ephemeral nature of concrete. This is basically what it's about, stone versus concrete. I never even thought about that, a stone versus concrete crete until I started building my own house, which I'm building in the desert right now at that Cootino place, And you know, the materials that we have to choose and stuff like that. This is a town built around an artificial lagoon and an artificial beaches, So I'm not that worried about building a lasting legacy. But this movie asked the question, what we know how to build buildings that will last one thousand years. We know how to do it. People two thousand years ago knew how to do it. Why do we insist on building the structures that only last forty to fifty years? Why do we do it? It's a good question. One of the reasons I've always told I figured this out. I thought when I was pretty young, the first time I toured around Europe and I looked at all the marvelous cathedrals and stuff. And then I go, I think I got it. Why don't we do this anymore because we don't have slaves anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure if we had people, normal people that are building homes and houses and stuff like that, could build with the same materials. They're just look for the more economical way of getting it done.
Speaker 2: Well, because but if you had slaves and legions of them, you could build. It would be cost effective to build giant monuments. But we don't have them anymore. It's frowned upon. So we have to use We have to pay people for all their labor, and then we have unions making sure they have a good lifestyle and have a living wage. I'm all for it, but one of the things there's a price to pay for giving up the the slavery that we had in that built the Great Egyptian Tombs. I mean, do you think anyone signed up and got a living wage for that and got benefits and dental.
Speaker 3: They were sayings that they actually took pretty decent care of them, But it's hard to say that slaves were well taken care of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, that's why we had to cancel that Zippity DooDah movie Song of the South, because they we portrayed those those those slaves were well cared for, but one wanted to. I mean, arguably that was the that was too much of that. But that's my theory. So this movie architect Ton still in theaters. It's usually playing early in the day, as you can see. You know, eight in the morning, nine in the morning, you're I was the only guy in the theater. You know how sometimes you're like the only guy in the theater and then but then someone walks in. You go, oh, was that always happens? I'm the only guy here or my wife and I really the only people here, and then someone walks in this No one walked in, just the guy to check on you, to see if I was filming the movie or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See, I like movie. I like being in theaters that are less crowded. I don't I don't mind being I like I don't mind being in crowded theaters because at that point when something exciting happens in the movie, you do get that extra bit of a rush from the audience. At the same time, I enjoy movies that are not crowded.
Speaker 2: I wish this film was crowd. I wish everyone could got to see what I saw this morning when I watched architectn And I've been thinking about it all day, about buildings, especially as I'm building a house and I'm just a part of me is a little embarrassed how I'm constructing this house out of manufactured crapola. But you know what, I'll be dead before it falls over.
Speaker 3: Not marble from the Carpathian Mountains.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit like in the you know, the the island in the kitchen. It's massive and it's you know, just now being dragged over here by traffic. Children. It's actually made up children.
Speaker 3: Speaking of traffic.
Speaker 2: Let's check the traffic. Sam Joe'scalante Life from Hollywood. Joe Scalante, Live from Hollywood, by Hollywood, you meet Burbank. This is two hours of the business, end of show business. We do this every Sunday from five to seven on radio station k e IB in Los Angeles. As you're driving around and you're convertible talking to your agent here in Hollywood. That's mostly I hear this like sometimes to people tell me they hear this radio show coming out of convertibles. Up and down. Sunset boulevard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, up and down p H for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh it's Highway one O one.
Speaker 3: It's sunset on a Sunday evening listening. You need that sunset going over the Pacific for you to get the full effect of Joe Escalante.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Here's another reason to watch the g g Allen documentary. Hated Gigion was a guy who was a you know, crazy punk rock singer. He might have seen him on like Sally Jesse Rafael or Jerry Springer or something like that. He would go on there and shock everybody. I'm so punk and he would like throw feces at the audience. He tried to poop on his hand and throw it at everybody. So I never saw him because I'm not going to that. Not going.
Speaker 3: You could show up like how people showed up at Gallagher shows like we're in a full tarp.
Speaker 2: Oh let me tell you the Gallagher show in England recently didn't go so well. And we'll get to that the other Gallaghers. Okay, well, I'm telling you there's some we have some Gallagher news about and Gallagher two. Okay. So the director of the gig Allen film is Todd Phillips. Okay, Todd Phillips. You might remember him as the director of Old School Y. Yeah. How about The Hangover?
Speaker 3: Eh?
Speaker 2: The guy who directed The Hangover directs a documentary about a punk rock singer who throws poop on people in the audience. You got to see it.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: He has some good songs dj Alan does. Whenever I DJ, I always play this one song called Don't Talk to Me. It's a great song. He also directed The twenty nineteen Joker and the twenty four Joker, Folly Eddy and so Yeah, you might want to It's a little bit different now, isn't it. Yeah, And he directed something called The Billy Joe. No, no, just no, he didn't. All right, is it time for a WNBA news?
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, Okay, I mean, you know it's all we always come at you with that hard hitting sports action.
Speaker 2: Okay. There's a wa NBA star named Satu Sabali. She's a ford for the Phoenix Mercury. She's been arrested. Can you believe this, Sam? I can't believe it for domestic violence. The incident involved her and her wife. However, there is no recent news detailing the specific charges or the outcome of the incident. News reports from a year ago indicate that the Las Vegas Aces guard Rackina Williams was accused of hitting and strangling her wife during an argument, which resulted in charges of domestic battery. The WNBA has a domestic violence policy that allows the league to conduct an investigation into any allegations. The Dallas Wings it's a weird name for a ladies team, okay, and the WNBA have not made any official statements at this time regarding Sabali situation. And in a related story, a game between the Golden State Valkyries and the Chicago Sky was paused this weekend in the third quarter when a green sex toy was thrown onto the court.
Speaker 3: This this is the second time that it's happened in the last week, folks.
Speaker 2: That is, yes, at a Valkyrie's game.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Now, I went to the sex toy conference about two weeks ago. I promise you this is there is no relation between these two things. I know I go to w NBA games. I know I go to sex toy conferences. This wasn't me. I promise you should be ashamed of yourself. I'm also going to plenty of reasons to be ashamed of my you should.
Speaker 2: Be ashamed of yourself for going to that, and also the sex toy thing, you should be ashamed of yourself for that too. So the incident drew mixed reactions. Some players, like Elizabeth Williams called it disrespectful. I could see throw one of these things and they're made a rubber so they bounce around and it's like while others like Camilla Cardoso, we're seeing laughing about.
Speaker 3: It because it's funny. At the same like, the thing is, I can understand why people like that. There's a tradition in one college somewhere out there in the United States where after the first basket, the entire crowd throws rolls of toilet paper on the crowd into onto the court. Ye now, peeping poo poo hermory can now. I could totally see this becoming a thing where after the first basket the entire crowd starts lobbing sex toys onto the court.
Speaker 2: The problem, Yeah, you'd have.
Speaker 3: To explain that to a lot of kids. Yeah, And that's where I'm like, Okay, it's funny. It's funny, funny except for until that moment, and even then, I don't mind it being a moment for parents to you know, educate and add context to it as best as they can. The problem is a lot of parents really don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: No, they and they should be given the choice. Yeah, but everyone's probably gonna start throwing them everywhere at those games. I don't well, I don't know. I mean, it could be a problem.
Speaker 3: It's only a problem if they missed the court and they short it and hit someone in the back of the head.
Speaker 2: Well then it's as Salt reminds me of the story once when when Dexter Holland, the singer of The Offspring, he signed my band to his record label. It was a really good deal. I mean, we got it. We quitter jobs, get to have a salary and all that kind of stuff. It was a rock and roll dream come true. And then at the first meeting he says, yeah, I saw you guys at this club called Night Moves, and at some point I got hit in the face with a sex toy. That where the starts with a D. I guess I don't really want to say it on my show, but I got hit in the face with one that came somehow your singer, your singer through it and he got hit in the face by it, and then we were a little embarrassed. So then we went on tour with them, and we opened at these abrenas all over the country, and on the last night, everyone plays a joke on the opening bands and we were hit by like fifty of them on stage while we're trying to perform. So I know what the w NBA is going through. Yes, it's humiliating, it is.
Speaker 3: It is so humiliating, but.
Speaker 2: Kind of funny. Nonetheless, hey, you.
Speaker 3: Should see some of the pictures I got from that. By the way, it's pretty entertaining.
Speaker 2: Now you can look at those dirty pictures all you want. I'm not gonna oh, it's not dirty pictures. Yes, those are dirty pictures by definition, By definition, Harry, by definition, those are dirty pictures.
Speaker 3: I saw them apply the antibacterial stuff to them. They were very very clean. You did, yeah, of course they had to keep those products clean.
Speaker 2: It's gross, okay, you know. And now I'm in one of those situations where do I really want to go buy? Okay, what's the legal what do we learn legally from the from the sex toys getting thrown on the on the on the court?
Speaker 3: Is it assault if it hits you in the back of the had when you weren't when you were saying in the crowd and the guy's short arms the throw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's definitely an assault. And also, uh, it's probably a you know, it's a violation of the rules throwing stuff on the court. You could be thrown out, absolutely, you could be thrown at. You could be charged, probably a misdemeanor charge from that, and then you could be shamed, and you could be banished from from ever going to a game again. And uh, but what if it came from one of the players.
Speaker 3: What it slipped out of the short leg or something, yeah.
Speaker 2: Or that you know, their gym bag. The trainer, that trainer has got like you know, hey, you need one of these. You know, you need to need a hyberprofen.
Speaker 3: That's an ivy profen these yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: And you know he's looking around like, hey, we need we need, we need some some tape to wrap whatever names Sabali's ankle. And then he's he's looking he's looking for the tape and that just things just flies out of the out of medical ban.
Speaker 3: Because every basketball trainer has one of those in their medical kits.
Speaker 2: Think they don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm sure alongside they do have tampons for nosebleeds. They do carry those as well, however, Yeah, no they do. I think have those two to help staunch and like cool, awesome swelling. I'm sure I have nothing to substantiate this. We should go to break all right.
Speaker 2: Uh, we still got a couple of segments left in this glorious program. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. When to come back?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: I got more Shannon Sharp News it's been sued again. Unbelievable. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Joe Scalante Live from Hollywood. Hey, Sam, did you know there's a new Supergirl movie that's coming out and that you know how that one was shelved?
Speaker 3: A new one? I didn't know. No, yes, wow.
Speaker 2: It's a part of the new DC universe being overseen by James Gunn, who did a fantastic job with the Fantastic Four. I think you would agree, Yeah, would you agree for sure? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely.
Speaker 2: The new Supergirl character, played by Millie al Kock, has already made a cameo appearance in the recent Supergirl Oh Superman movie. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah remember that. Okay, So that's one of the most anticipated films coming up. Other anticipated films are Freaky or Friday Sam Are you are you in for that?
Speaker 3: I for Nostyleia says sake, maybe, but really not so much because it was it the old parent trap or Freaky Friday Parent Trap.
Speaker 2: You know, body Body Switch kind of movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then but the the.
Speaker 2: The big movie that's getting the big push. When I went to the theater this morning, I got scared because they had all this promo for it is called Weapons. When all but one child from the same class mysteriously vanish on the same night at exactly the same time, a community is left questioning who or what is behind their disappearance. That's uh, that's a big one. That's a big one. It's called weapons. These are things that anticipated. Honey don't looks kind of good. Aubrey Plaza movie.
Speaker 3: Anything with Aubrey Plaza looks good.
Speaker 2: Though she's not even the star, but you know, but she's.
Speaker 3: She's in it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got a couple of stories for you, Okay, okay. How much would you pay for the Sled from the movie Citizen Kane The Rosebud Sled. How much would you personally pay Sam. Considering you're a PhD candidate and you're working at a radio station, and you have a budget, you have kids to look after, how much would you like just kind of set us, justify setting aside.
Speaker 3: Just to have it forty five bucks?
Speaker 2: Forty five dollars some forty five bucks. Yeah, you're gonna come up short because the Rosebud sled from Orsonwell's nineteen forty one masterpiece Citizen Kane sold for a staggering fourteen points seventy five million.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: This makes it the second most expensive piece of movie memorabilia ever sold that auction, behind only what do you think was the other one?
Speaker 3: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: You're right, Dorothy's ruby slippers from the Wizard.
Speaker 3: Of Oz Okay, I can see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The sled was one of several props used in the film, and the only that sold for and the only the one that was miraculously saved from the studio dumpster in nineteen eighty four by director Joe Dante. The sled, a symbol of Charles Foster Kane's lost innocence, has a history almost as rich as the film. It's if the high priced tag is a testament to the enduring power and value of cinematic history fourteen point seven five million.
Speaker 3: Wow, what do you do with that?
Speaker 2: I take it to Big Bear, That's what I would do.
Speaker 3: What what do people do with all this memorabilia? Do they just like put it on display?
Speaker 2: You put it on your wall and he's a that's oh what's that? Oh that thing?
Speaker 3: Oh that was that's the banjo from Deliverance.
Speaker 2: Wow, I would pay fifteen million for that. Yeah, that's a really good movie memorabilia that I bet they don't even know where that is.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's in somebody's closet somewhere. You know how they did gathering dust?
Speaker 2: Do you know how they did that scene?
Speaker 3: I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, they had the guy guy that looks like a bird, you know, and he's like obviously an appellationan inbread that looks you know, he's a symbol of the of the path in that movie, and he but a symbol of the culture and just what it's like to be an Appalachian and to live out there and be so isolated. So they have him, and they wanted him to play banjo. But I have an only that guy didn't play the banjo. So they put the banjo on his lap and they add some arms, sneak up behind him and play the banjo a little puppetry.
Speaker 3: Hmmm. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next time you watch it, take a closer look. I've always wanted to play.
Speaker 3: The banjo from behind somebody.
Speaker 2: It would be a dream to be that guy. But you know, I don't know. I don't have the time. But if I had the time, I think that's where I would go. I'd go to I'd just sit down and go, honey, I'm sorry. I'm gonna learn the banjo, but thank you for bringing up that banjo, because you know I would like that Benjum when that when that movie came out. First of all, I saw I read the book before when the movie came out, because it was in the thrifty and I'm ten and I see them book in the thrifty and it says soon to be a major motion picture with Burt Reynolds. And I just seen Burt Reynolds in a bunch of movies, so I'm like, I'm gonna buy this book. I'm gonna read it. Just be like my stepmother who always after every movie, She's like always saying oh the book was better. I'm like, where do you find out about these books and these movies? How do you read these books before the movie comes out? Is I'm only ten. I don't know how she does it. I thought she was a magic or a witch. Really, I thought she was a witch. So I thought it was some kind of witchcraft. And then I saw the book in thrifty said soon to be a major motion picture starring Burt Reynolds, So that's for me, and I bought it and I read it. Oh my god, horrified. And then I'm the worst is I'm at school at elementary school with it because it takes him a fast read. Right, I'm carrying this thing around me every day for fricking months. All Right, we have some defamation. Okay, how's your defamation theme song going?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, here, give me a second after to get up.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can sing it, you can sing it. Post story. This is a story about an NFL Hall of Famer, an im media personality named Shannon Sharp. He's in the Hall of Fame for football. I guess he was in the Denver Broncos. Maybe yeah, okay, a very successful tight.
Speaker 3: End, maybe one of the all time greats y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and he was you know, he got really popular in the field of broadcasting, and then he was He had a fifty million dollar lawsuit for sexual assault. Now he has a new lawsuit. Sam, did you hear about it? I've heard a bit and peace okay. The lawsuit is seeking twenty million dollars in damages and was filed by a woman named jim Alita Tillman. Jim Alita is a prominent arts executive from Chicago who went viral after she had a fan interaction with Usher at a concert in April following me, I'm following you. So she goes to an Usher concert and she has a fan interaction. The lawsuit a ledges that Sharp and his Nightcap co host Chad Ocho Cinco is that the guy from the other football player Ochosinco.
Speaker 3: Yes, he used to play for the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's famous. So I guess they're both on this show. And they created a false narrative on their podcast, claiming that jim Alita was married and that her husband was filing for divorce because of the concert video Tilman. However, jim Alita Tillman stated she was not married at the time, so don't scandalize her. According to jim Alita, she tried to contact Sharp's team to correct the record and have the misleading comments removed from their platforms, but her request was disregarded. She claims that this caused significant emotional distress and reputational harm, affecting both her personal and professional life. The legal battle comes at an interesting time for Shannon Sharp. He recently settled a separate, high profile, fifty million dollar lawsuit that accused him of sexual assault. This new lawsuit is now another legal challenge for the media star, who also recently left his role at ESPN, and his legal team has not responded.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, formation time, come out.
Speaker 2: All right, so terrible. It's almost good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's almost good.
Speaker 2: And the weekend they announced it that this is happening. They told them, hey, we're going to go public with this, and he goes, can you wait till after the weekend because I'm about to make a speech inducting my brother Sterling Sharp into the Football Hall of Fame at Canton, Ohio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this actually happened. Yes.
Speaker 2: All the Cantonese people that were there for the celebration said it was just it was just very awkward, and he was like the elephant in the room.
Speaker 3: I'm surely enjoyed good cuisine.
Speaker 2: They don't understand a word of Mandarin. That's the thing there. So you got to go, you know, you got to go straight Cantonese or nobody knows what you're talking about. So what do you think happens next for Shannon Sharp? What kind of person is this?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, obviously he's a person who attracts sexual assault lawsuits. Yeah, that's a fact that he attracts them. That's a fact. We don't know if he actually sexually assaults anybody, because.
Speaker 3: We've heard the phone calls. So what are the phone calls like, Oh, the phone calls that he had from the previous case. Yeah, yeah, no, they.
Speaker 2: Were I'm sorry for as sexually assaulting you.
Speaker 3: They were a little aggressive.
Speaker 2: Oh well, he says, like I'm going to sexually assault you again, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Not so much that more just like it was a little more aggressive than definitely needed to be he needed to be. And they she recorded the conversation and it was part of the evidence against him.
Speaker 2: If you get the right recording, fifty million dollars comes your way. Oh yeah, I'm telling you that. Now, what do you think. I wonder how much of that she'll get. Well, the lawyers will take most of it and earn almost enough of it, none of it. I'm I am a lawyer, by the way, people, I'm telling you, But these lawyers I don't know, and they're not that great. Okay. So he's got a twenty million dollar and a fifty million dollar and o Jo Sinko also has a twenty million dollar He's part of this too, so he he You know, when some actually, when someone asks you to co host a podcast, you gotta be careful because you could be on the other end of a twenty million dollar lawsuit.
Speaker 3: There was also another former athlete turned podcaster that had some brush ups with the law this last week. It was Gilbert Arenas who Gils Arena, the host of Gills Arena. He was a local from out here. He got in trouble for a high stakes poker game outside of his house. Now alleged all of the stuff is. You know, we are only in the allegation phase of all this stuff, but he's out. He posted bail, I believe, and he's now making jokes about it. And talking about it publicly as much as he can. Well, that's a victimist crime, right there. I would say so, yes, guess. But apparently it had the Feds pounding down in store. So whatever was the stakes were higher than your normal usual you know, kitchen table poker game with your buds.
Speaker 2: That's a badge of honor for that guy. Yeah, he's a badass now.
Speaker 3: Well, and the thing is, he's also you know, we talk a lot about movies and documentaries. He's one of the subjects of a documentary that you can find on Netflix right now. It's about the Javaris Critenden story that they had this issue back in the day when they both played in Washington together where they both brought guns into the locker room and both of them got suspended for a long time. But Javaris Crittenden that set off a whole chain of events that set him down in prison for a while. And he had been released and Gil wanted to do this documentary specifically for him to clear his name.
Speaker 2: Oh and then he now he's still in trouble again after the documentary.
Speaker 3: Now Gil is back in trouble with the law for something complete criminals related.
Speaker 2: If he's a criminal having a high stakes porco game. Then you know there's all kinds of in afaarious stuff going on, So the feds are going to be on top of that.
Speaker 3: If you're he lives out here in Encino, he's he's a local, he grew up out here in La typical big fan of.
Speaker 2: The show, typical Encino bs is what that is? When will they ever learn? Okay, when we come back. I got a couple. Who do you think drew more people? And I'll tell you the answer at the end this weekend.
Speaker 3: Money Sturgis or the Pope?
Speaker 2: All right? Joe Ascalante Live from Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Joe, he's my lawyer. You don't want party? He does it at all?
Speaker 2: Joe's Galante Live from Hollywood to continue such Steve Jones there from the Sex Pistols. The Sex Pistols are playing at the Hollywood Palladium in October. And I guess who has tickets? You?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: What are you? I just thought, I don't know, I'm going to get them. And just so you know, one of those things we're like, I gonna buy these now. In this case, it's sold out and I don't want to call Steve Jones and say, hey, get me into the sex Pistol show in La blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. So uh, maybe I'll see you guys there. Another thing I want to tell you about is the Yeah, the Sublime takeover at the mgm UH in Las Vegas August fifteenth and sixteenth and fourteenth too. There's a pre party and tickets are very reasonable, and the Vandals are playing on with Sublime and penny Wise on August fifteenth, and then August sixteenth. It's Sublime, penny Wise and the ataris Long Beach of All Stars are playing. There's a bunch of other bands playing, and I'll be giving tours at the Punk Rock Museum on August sixteenth. Nice. So people always say, hey, tell me next time we're giving tours at the Punk Rock Museum. Well, I'm telling you right now, August sixteenth, I'm doing tours at the Punk Rock Museum, and where I'm the best tour guy according to the owner of the museum.
Speaker 3: And not that guy that was on Saturday and the Night Live who's that kind Oh no, the other guy that you said, that really funny guy movie star that also is totally into the punk scene. Comedy. Oh, he was in a bunch of movies with Will Ferrell.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the name you took well now that.
Speaker 3: He plays the drums, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know what I'm talking about. You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when you do that to me, then then his name goes out of my out of my head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I care for you. Yeah, exactly, that's who That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: And he is a too. He is a tour guy there, but he's not as good as me.
Speaker 3: And that's amazing, thank you, because that guy is like a comedy pretty common, you know, comedic legend guy, and you give a better more entertainment.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, he's Where was that guy, you know back in the day? Where was he really? Okay? So uh let's see speaking of Hollywood. Oh, I better cover this. We're talking about the Gallagher the Gallagher brothers, yes please, Gallagher one and Gallagher two. Evidently Gallagher one and Gallagher two had a concert.
Speaker 3: Did they smash fruit?
Speaker 2: No, it's kind of a tragic story. A man in his forties fell off the balcony during during an Oasis concert and he died after in Wembley Stadium in London on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: That's tragic and that's also a really lame way to die. I don't know at an Oasis concert.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's not bad. Of all the things you could do. According to the Metropolitan Police, that's the chocolate, vanilla and strawberry police you've seen walking around the United Kingdom. Oh that's the Neapolitan Oh yes, yes officers, medics and the London Ambulance Service responded to the scene, but the man was pronounced dead. In a statement, the band said they were shocked and saddened by the death and extended their condolences to the man's family and friends. Despite the incident, the concert, scheduled for Sunday night, proceeded as planned. Police are now appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the fall or have video footage to come forward as they investigate the incident. Now legally, his family needs to know how it happened, because if it was his fault and he was just had an beers, that's one thing. But if he was not intoxicated, and if maybe it was a slippery step and he tumbled backwards and fell off about the the thing because there was an inadequate guardrail that some lawyer will come along and say, there was not an adequate guardrail here, you need nonstick surface. All these things added up to a tragic death. So could be some liability there, or it could just be an unfortunate accident that could not have been prevented. And uh, you know what, he wanted to see Oasis get back together and and he did. Good for him, Hopefully he lastedn't tell that, you know, the main headliner went on stage. We can only help, Okay. Uh, there a couple of extra stories here. They discovered a tunnel between and that leads to the Chateau Marmontel right here in uh sunset stream where we're going after the show. Yes, there was a tunnel that led to the club underneath that used to be called the Players Club. Then at some time it was called I remember it was called the Imperial something when I was a kid. The Players Club I think closed down in the fifties. Then it was the Imperial forgot, then it was the Roxbury. Yeah, that was that inspired the movie Night at the Roxbury. And they were remodeling it to make a pink taco, which is gross. That's when Hollywood. That's when I moved out of Hollywood, when a Pink Taco opened up in front of me, in front of my house, like I mean, down the street on Sunset.
Speaker 3: Thank you for providing a little more context.
Speaker 2: Yes, as a restaurant, Yes, And I just said, let's get out of here, and okay, so I'm happy. But so, the tunnel had been built by a guy named Preston Sturgis in the nineteen forties. Is a way for celebrities to sneak in and out in the Lousive hotel and detected by the public and the paparazzi, and everyone thought it was just a legend. But the guy they found it and it was was shut by lapd in like the eighties or something like that.
Speaker 3: Like did they block it off or anything? Yeah, was this like al Capone's tomb or something.
Speaker 2: I mean, someone could go unblock it and make a TV special out of it, I think, But that was Preston Sturgis late And speaking of Sturgis, do you know what the Sturgis motorcycle.
Speaker 3: Condition is, Harley Davidson Heaven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they have. They had a record seven hundred thousand people showed up for that this weekend and probably they seven hundred thousand the eighty fifth annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Actually it's coming. Yeah, it's August first to August tenth, so it's this weekend and then it goes all week where they want to go there. It's a music event too, Zz Top, Gene Simmons, five Finger Death Punch and Jason Alden. That's that's a major that's turned into like a major festival. Beyond the concerts, she got the guided rides through the scenic Black Hills, stunt shows, bike shows, various competitions, raping, pillaging, you know.
Speaker 3: Motorcycle and I don't know they had a competition for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah they do. Yeah, there's like you know, of course these motorcycle people don't do that anymore. Those are stereotypes.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, there were a bunch of those old exploit I don't even comment exploitation films, but those old films from the fifties and sixties where you know, those evil biker gangs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so those are the films won in Seal Beach in Main Street right in my neighborhood. The Wild Ones, the pre previous, the prequel to Billy Jack Okay. Conversely, Pope Leo the fourteenth, the first American Pope, received a rock star welcome at a vigil for the Jubilee of Youth that was the celebration this week and also going on at the same time. More than a million young people from one hundred and forty six countries gathered for the week long event. The show also featured guided rides through the scenic Black Hills, stunt shows, bike shows, and various competitions. Oh wait, no, they didn't. It was described as the It was described as the Catholic Woodstock, and during the vigil Pope Stock. Pope Leo encouraged the youth to aspire to great things, and he also took the opportunity to speak about global conflicts in places like Gaza and Ukraine, calling for peaceful resolutions. And the event, which took place took just three months into his papacy, is viewed as a major success for the new Pope and a strong sign of his appeal to a younger generation. The new Pope, the American Pope. I talked to a priest. I said, yeah, we got a new Pope and he said, never in his life did he think there would ever be an American pope. Never in his life. He just like blindsided by it. So and he spoke that Pope spoke at a White Sox game on the jumbo trum.
Speaker 3: Interesting. Yeah, I thought it was more of a Cubs fan.
Speaker 2: No, it's an underdone Yeah. So that's how you know he's legit. If he was a Cubs fan, then I would be suspicious. But as a White Sox fan, yeah, he's They still have a chance. Excellent. Unlike this radio show, which is it's just we're creeping up on it, it's toast.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I want to reiterate architecton architect on. So if you want to see this movie, you got to go to a theater and you're gonna have to see it in the morning. Yeah, and it's from a twenty four. Now, there's some things in it that didn't work. So I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's it's worth it. They for some reason, the architect that's kind of the subject of that. They're reflecting on the what it means to build these buildings and blah blah blah. He's building a circle. Throughout the whole movie, they keep going back to the circle he's building. They never really tell you why, but it kind of keeps a story moving. I guess architect, all right. I will now leave you with just a taste of the greatest song ever written.