Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I am your host Sean Garmer, with me as usual, mister Mark Morrison aid, and this is episode four hundred and forty four of the show. And well we've got a topic for you this week. With you know, it being very close to when the Switch To is gonna launch, we're gonna do these next two weeks are gonna be kind of Switch one Switch too heavy, So this week we're kinda kinda do our look back on the switch, you know, discuss our favorite games, anything about the switch that you know kind of stood out to us over the time. And then next week we'll do like a big you know, preview of the Switch To. I'm gonna have one at launch so that you know, next Monday will be like switch To launch week, so we'll get into that, and then of course we have other things. Marcus finally finished Clear Obscure Expedition thirty three. I've been playing a game that the embargo was finished today. It actually comes out the twenty ninth, Nice day for fishing. I'll talk about that, and we will have some discussion on PlayStation Stars being finished, Xbox making a new edition to Game Past the Retro Classics, more stuff on the Switch to the Elder Ring movie is real, you know, and we'll see if it actually you know, we'll talk about if it actually releases or not, and more right after this. All right, So well, let's go ahead and get into the housekeeping here. So get that out of the way. If you are watching us live, you can do that every Monday around nine o'clock. We're a little bit late today because there's I fell asleep essentially because there was no overtime today, so it happens. But hey, we're going that's the important part. So you know, talking about what's available here on the network, let's discuss you know, Ryles, you're broadcasting which actually right now is also doing their own show their review in the Mission Impossible movie, So you know, you can go if you care about Mission Ipossible and then watching all those movies, or would you just like entertainment in general. They do a movie review pretty much every Monday, and then it's out there on demand on the YouTube channels. Is why you should subscribe, because you know, only get what we do here if you like other things that are not just video games. We got your cover there, they're talking movies. We got an anime show that does a great job covering all the you know, newly released anime season of Taco Cafe, so definitely should go watch that as well. Or you can go listen to all those shows separately on podcasts wherever you get your podcast, Spotify, Apple, YouTube Music, you know, iHeart Radio, all that wherever it is. Just go search those the names of those shows while at you're broadcasting out Taco Cafe or just video games to the maxi you can get whenever we do a show, subscribe, follow, leave us a review there and that'll help us out. And yeah, that's it. Let's go ahead and get on with the the episode here, Mark, let's start with we've always started with the games. You finally finished You finished it now, ye and you got everybody like level ninety nine before you.
Speaker 2: Go, yeah, before it ended. That's real easy.
Speaker 1: Why do you uh so, so, is there a trick to doing this grinding or did it actually feel like a grind to you?
Speaker 2: Or I mean, once you hit like level nineties, it's a little grinding just because you know there's only so many you know, certain enemies are power. You know, you can only only certain enemies are and that gives you experience at that point, like you can't go back to the lower area and grind it out. But no, that mayel uber build works really well if you can once out anything or if you can't, like the next time. The next time she's up, she can for sure because he knocked everything out, the most of every thing out the first time. So yeah, what do you want to know?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I've been playing the game as well, so it's not I just haven't been able to move anywhere because I've been having to make sure I could get through as much a nice day for fishing as possible since them Barbo dropped the day. So I mean I'm still in the same spot. I haven't played the game because I've been playing that. You know, just did you do any like how much extra stuff do you do? Did you do any more everything.
Speaker 2: I could find? Yeah, so there's few interesting boss fights. There's a big tower that I think eleven floors and there are three boss fights and every floor basically ah, so if you run through that, you'll get a lot of experience for it and a lot of good materials for upgrading. Weapons. Uh, there's one boss fight where it's basically five rooms and you can only use one character per room and once they're once they're used, you can't use again until the you know, you leave or until the thing's over. So that was interesting because I had to use characters that like Monaco and cl that I don't really used to often.
Speaker 1: H oh okay, that was gonna ask you what do you do with your party? Because I've been playing like I played h Rebirth, where I switch out the characters pretty often.
Speaker 2: The only character the only time I had to switch out really as is a trophy to get all of Monaco's legs or Monico's legs. Yeah, and you get those having him in your party when you beat certain enemies. That was the only trophy that glitched on me also unfortunately. But yeah, I pretty much I always had all my party and I always had the guy. Uh yeah, because I built him out so he can be like nine different attacks, but he had like no AP problem at all because he had attack and gained four AP from it, four to five. So i'd i'd use him as like you know, a buffer, a Mark Mark character they have like you know, if you shoot an enemy they would cave get marked and everything else in between. So yeah, there there are some like out in the world, there are some world bosses that you can kind of take on. They're like level sixty to seventy, and then there are two like super bosses two to three, I would say, but in like the Spoak areas that are like actually tough. Yeah, that are like named and you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah danger danger, Well no not, I.
Speaker 2: Mean at a certain point you just go past that, but you know, right, yeah, there's two Simon and then Clea. Those are like the two like the trophy ones, and they're not I mean where I was, they weren't that hard, but they you know, if you're playing trying to play the game straight, than they are. Yeah. Yeah, the U I had true trophies I was worried about. One was the Monaco one. And what happened with that is I got all the legs and the trophy didn't pop. Oh no, am I missing something or what the hell just happened? Yeah, And I like had some saves and I reverted it back to an earlier save. I had to get like three of them, got to three again and didn't happen again, and I tried it a third time and I was like, all right, what the hell is going on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I noticed because I'm still playing like the disc version I didn't update it, and like there are like these weird colored icons next to next to like the leg like the skill menu, and I was like, is there something with this? I asked, like Reddit, and they're like no, it's just like a visual glitch from version one. I was like, all right, So I just quickly like upgraded to the latest version, got got the less like I needed, and then I popped popped at once and I was like, all right, cool. Then I deleted the update and deleted the save and reverted back to my old one.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: And the other one that I was worried about was there's a trophy to collect all the all the journals. I was able to do that, no problem. Uh, they're actually all where they said they would be, which is good. And there's one they collect all the records. That one thankfully didn't glitch, but it was it was different from like what you're playing, because there's like at least one merchant that's also a record that when I went to him, he didn't okay, okay, and there are like there's some other version differences, like merchants selling things that they're not supposed to, or they are and they just aren't, or the merchant isn't fucking there. And I was like, all right, that's cool. But when I beat the game, that that record one top because you get one right at like at the end of the game, and I was like, Thank Christ, I don't have to do this again.
Speaker 1: You're to keep doing this right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Really good game. Uh you know, the story really like racked up in a really good way. Ah. You go back to the starting town and it's really awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you get like all the performances are good. Uh yeah. I think it's a really solid game overall. I think what we were talking about last week, I think he's I think you do you need even if you just said bumping down too easy? I think having the dodge and perry mechanic makes that game more unique than just you know, turn based you know, j RPG based combat, because like, to my mind, there are only three or four other games that really do this crap, and that's like Mario RPG. Uh, Legend of Dragoon, shadow Heart's Covenant and like Lost Odyssey, that's about it. So I think having any more like action but still turn based system works better than this turn based Yeah, yeah, you should get back to it.
Speaker 1: I definitely will. I'm probably gonna write the review either start writing the review either tonight or when we finished recording or tomorrow, since I have to work in the morning and then there's no overtime either, so I'll just I'll have that time to just write. But yeah, so that's the only game in plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I caught back up a little on like Diablo and all the other craft that I, you know, basically my network off for, but I'm not that into it, especially Diabolo, just because they keep like, I think the game is like partially bugged at this point because you're supposed to get these like uh basically these like dungeon elixirs, and one used to drop and now it doesn't at all, and I was like, what happened? I liked that one? Yeah, and no one has said anything, so I'm like, what's going on here? And and Finny and Nikki continues to be a dumpster fire at the moment, so.
Speaker 1: That's always nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I gave ut like a big apology of saying like, oh, we we know the last update didn't go well, it's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: They didn't, all right, Well, yeah, so this game called Nice Stay for Fishing. I had a trailer I think in the Galaxy showcase that I talked about several weeks ago, and then when I saw it, I was like, are you kidding me? They've now made it a whether that's like eight bit or sixteen bit fishing RPG, right, I so need to play this. So I actually got the code. It's funny because I got the code originally like a couple of weeks ago, and then last weekend, like when I tried to put it, the code in that Friday, so not this Friday, but last Friday, the the code didn't work. It was an error. It kept saying that I was I had a game that had not been released yet, so they had to go bug Nintendo to make the code work right so that you know, I could actually play it. So the first weekend I couldn't actually play it at all. It's aways fun So then I officially got to start playing, I think like on Wednesday, and then yeah, so I'm really not sure how long the game is but I'm about like halfway through because it one of the things in the game is you get to it basically has a character. They rewards you for catching all the fish in an area before you you know, so it's shown me that there's like at least a couple more areas, and so I think I'm about halfway, if not a little bit more than that. The game is essentially a it makes fun of RPG tropes, but also it's very much almost like an MMO ish RPG where it's like, here's this quest, go do it. Here NPC gives you another quest, go do it, and it's like just keeps doing that over and over and over. It like it's almost like it's it's like doing it almost like a joke, but then you know, it's also just that's the game. So it's from the a dev called Viva a Dirt Team. Seventeen's the publisher. I think it's like twenty bucks, so it's not you know, uber expensive either. It's on PlayStation PC and Switch, so not on Xbox at the moment. And yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with it. Like I'm not a fishing person. Actually I do live with or you know, there's a guy that stays that comes over quite often that is does love the fish, so I showed him the game and he's like, okay. They actually try to make it like you know sometimes you know, fishing when you're actually getting the fish is a fight or whatever, and that's how they replicate the battles. It's pretty much like you're essentially button mashing to the rhythm of like, oh, you're actually trying to get the fish out of the water with the hook or whatever, so or the fishing lines, so you're constantly your you're button mashing, and then it's the fish is turned to fight against you and you have to try to block and you can parry also, so it has a block and very mechanic as well. You know, obviously not anywhere near the as it difficult as Expedition thirty three or whatever, but it has one. Some of the fish can actually be a little bit difficult to parry because they're they try to go like the quick hits instead of like really long. So each fish has their own mechanic of how they how you do the block and the ferry. It's the same button it's still be but you have to like guess, Oh, are they gonna be the ones that take forever to pay to show the block or they to be the ones that like try to do it really fast, So you got to figure that out. There's also they also try to make it easy for you. There's an item that you can get that essentially shows you when they're going to attack you, so you can block and pair if you want. You can also remove it if you don't want to use it to kind of make you guess more so you know, you can make the challenge as difficult as you want.
Speaker 2: On that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it I didn't see any kind of difficulty option, so I don't know if though I went in eventually or whatever, this could easily get DLC if it does decently for them. But yeah, I've been enjoying it. Like it it some of the gags that they do, Like there's a gag where the guy your blacksmith keeps using his hammer and you have to go like fish it out of a well or whatever, and they do it over and over and over, and it's like, Okay, after the third or fourth one, it's like, Okay, this is really funny anymore. It's just kind of like right, it literally takes like ten seconds, but it's still like kind of like, Okay, this is kind of silly, but you know, some of the humors funny, and you know, I appreciate that that, you know, they put that in there. I just enjoy like kind of going and fishing and getting the different fish and essentially like there's I don't know if there's another area, but there's like two main areas, and you just get to keep going deeper and deeper and deeper and that's how you find the fish. And then there's another area that like you actually like platform and do whatever through. My only issue that I've had with the game, which I think part of it, is it's supposed to give you the experience of fishing, right, Like they're not going to have fast travel in a game where the the point is for you to go through and experience what it would be as a fisherman where you're going on the boat and you're getting the fish and then you're having to go back and take the boat back and then going back to your land or whatever. So I kind of get that point, but sometimes I wish there was like a fast travel of how do I get to the other area, because it gets kind of annoying to go on one boat go all the way to the end of the area, get on another boat to go to the area where you want to be in. It's like, yeah, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Should be represented by drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could do like a loading screaming drink with the guy drinking. They could do yeah, but no. I definitely think if you like rpugs and you you're one of those people with the likes just you like playing RPGs uh in different settings, I think this is kind of a it's a neat little indie game UH that lets you do fishing RPG right, you're not really okay, so the mechanics don't really change much, which I think that kind of is an issue for people that that play RPGs Like it's a lot of the same over and over, but there is a strategy to it, and you can make get harder and easier if you want. I think the style of it is matches that as well. Some of the characters are funny. You eventually get to the point where you get to upgrade the shops or whatever. So you have a woodsman that if you bring all these items to them, you can build the shops or whatnot. And you also don't run out of bait, like the bait will just essentially just keep refreshing itself. If you stand there for like twenty thirty seconds, you can go get the worms or the the garlic or the berries or whatever, because there's different fish like different things. So I like that part too. It's not like you're having to go farm all this stuff every time it does it for you. You do have to go farm the supplies for the different upgrades for the buildings and stuff, so that can kind of get a bit cumbersome if you're not too into that part and you just want to get the upgrades. But you know, sometimes you got to work for stuff you want. But overall, like I said, I think it's it's I haven't really decided on a final rating for it yet, but it's definitely in that seven to eight range. I think I'm gonna see if I play more, maybe get to the end what I'll think.
Speaker 2: Really a story game, Yeah sounds like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do live up to the fishing gimmick like they don't. There's a part where you platform, but it's not like he all of a sudden gets a sword and starts killing people. He is fishing the entire time. So I like the fact that they stayed on point.
Speaker 2: Use the fishing fishing pull like a hook shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but I mean it's not like it's not like they all of a sudden have you fight on land with the fishing hook or whatever. It's right, you everything you do has to do with either getting items that are replenishing, like the bait, or you have to go and fish for it, So they stay on it all the time. It's just how they mix that up. You know, it can kind of get it can't get a little bit repetitive, so like that, I mean also fishing is repetitive, but you know, right, so like that's part of it too. So your your variance with that may vary. Some people may not ever get bored and it's a nine out of ten game for you, and some people may kind of. Again, this is why sometimes it's hard as a reviewer when you're having to like play the game faster than you normally would, because this is really a game that feels like it's meant to be played in spurts. It's not meant for you to play it for ten hours it feels like it's really meant for you to play to like two to three hours whatever, stop, come and play again or whatever. It doesn't lend itself that well, So playing overly long because again you're going to feel that repetition. But overall, I mean, I enjoyed my time with it, and I'm again always a good thing when you're reviewing a game, that it winds up being an enjoyable experience and not something that like you're like, oh my god, why you know? So always good for that and that I've been playing on Switch, so this might be my last new Switch game before I get to the Switch to.
Speaker 2: Just make it your first Switch two game.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be uh some of a Chronicles X. I feel like, I think I'm just not going to touch that until Switch to which I don't know why they're not giving it that that sixty frames per second patch that we know is there.
Speaker 2: And I need it.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe not. I I just they have not said anything about that the system will update your games by itself, like that it's going to make the games run better by themselves, so we'll see. I'm wondering if we're going to get that surprise. So we'll talk about that later when we probably more so next week when we talk about like what we think preview about the switch to itself. But yeah, so that's that's it for playing games this week. I haven't played anything else except for that. So let's get into the news. And this is a kind of a much lighter news week, right, so it helps that we have the topic. Dude, there's not a lot the two big news things for once in a lifetime since we've done the show on Mondays, the two big news things that everybody's talking about. We essentially already talked about it because it came out before we did the show on Monday, which is very rare that that happens. The Bungeee thing with the stealing art and the Haven Studios thing with fair Games.
Speaker 2: And whether that's all right.
Speaker 1: So if you want to hear us talk about that, we did talk about that with Crafty on the previous episode of the show. So but all right, let's get into the news here, and there's a little bit of everything from each of the big three. I guess let's go ahead and start with Xbox. They did reveal the game pass stuff for this coming two weeks of May and they they're getting some some cool things, especially on the indie side, and then also a big you know, I don't know whether you can sart triple A or double A, but a big game. More of that Sega at List partnership that they have. Metaphor Refantasio is coming to game Pass so and that's going to be out on everything, even game Standard. So if you have Xbox game Pass and you have not played that game, you are missing out on an amazing experience. So definitely go and play that. If you didn't buy it on PlayStation last year or on PC, go check that thing out on game Pass, man, especially for get double Clareubscurer. This is the perfect game to go transition to if you want to play like actual traditional turn base, this is the game. I feel like that is a great segue to that of playing clarub Scurre and then going and playing metaphor Re Fantasio. I think you're going to have an awesome time if you haven't played that game yet, and even if you have, that game's worth playing again. Obviously, you know, I can't do New Game Plus on A if you didn't don't have it there. But still also tells the Conzera zal is now available on Standard along with Stalker two and hell Bla two those that are also on Standard now. Division two comes to game Pass on all versions on May twenty seventh, So basically essentially a tomorrow the day you're hearing about watching or listening to this. And then the bigger get aside from Metaphor is also Monster Trained two. That was a Monster Train was one of those like hidden indie gems from a few years ago that I actually liked a lot on game Pass, And now that you're getting Monster Trained to day one, I think that that's that's pretty great. Get there. And then also to a t another one of those Annapurna joints which actually has a Devero release today, so if you want to go check that out, you can, but that's also coming to game Pass.
Speaker 2: So a local store by me and she has that Anna Purna PS four collection for sale.
Speaker 1: Oh really, how much?
Speaker 2: Three eighty five Jesus what I mean?
Speaker 1: That is a lot of games, but still.
Speaker 2: No ocause I think it's about like instantly and like a thousand copies or like two.
Speaker 1: A rarity thing. Oh yeah, and they also have a lot more games coming to the games you can play on Cloud that weren't on Cloud before, I guess, or I don't know. If this is like you can if you own them, you can buy them on Cloud. I'm not sure, or I mean you, I'm sorry. If you own them you can play them on Cloud. I'm not sure. It doesn't. They don't really make a distinction here, but it's a lot of uh, double find stuff, brutal legend cross request.
Speaker 2: To all of the that's that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And then Steam World dig two is also on there, Super Lucky's Tale, that kind of thing. And then also should note that if you haven't played this game yet, Cassette Beast is an awesome Pokemon like that's actually very unique from Pokemon like okay, it has a lot of the Pokemon Red and Blue tropes, but it does them in their own way and it has its own like little unique story and everything. And it leaves on May thirty first, So if you have game Pass and you've wanted to, like, maybe check this out. Definitely worth giving it a shot if you like Pokemon. Also, Remnant two is leaving on the thirty first as well. I know that's a game mark yep yeah, champion there. Speaking of old games, we can go way back in the in the Classics machine all the way to the Atari six hundred and further days. As everybody's been asking where where's all the I mean, this is probably not the Activision Classic stuff you're talking about, but people have asked where's that Activision Classic library? And here we go. This is how it's being implemented into game Pass. They have made a EA play type deal with Antarcade, which if you remember I actually reviewed on.
Speaker 2: The Yeah like that service or that Yeah it's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a service that you can and it's on everything. Now they've added to PlayStation as well that has like retro classics from old PC Doss games to twenty six hundred to even Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, all that stuff. So it's worth checking out. And actually right now, if you have game Pass, you can get it for a whole year, the actual ant Arcade thing for ten bucks. So and if you like retro games at all, if you like those old school retro games, ten bucks, that's nothing to play. And this is a service that they keep adding things to. They don't just stop at these games, they keep adding stuff. So I would definitely give a recommendation to people that love those retro old games. This is worth getting for ten bucks for a whole year, and they have an option. I don't know how much it is and I don't know if it ever goes on sale, but they also have a lifetime option. The last time I ever looked at it, I think it was like eighty bucks for a lifetime option. And we're talking about a thousand, like five hundred games on there. That's well worth that if you're like a lover of classics that wants to be able to have class et cetera disposal constantly. But either way, there are sixty one games from the Activision in this and they're available everywhere. You can play Game Pass so on out on the smart TV apps, all that stuff on PC on the consoles, so like Pitfalls on there, Beam Rider Baseball from the twenty six hundred days. There's stuff from the PC doss Uh era. You know, there's a lot. You can go find the even Zork you can go find those at the Big List.
Speaker 2: So these are all these are all Activision games, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even like even the MechWarrior games, the nets and PlayStation mechware one and two. Uh yeah, these are all.
Speaker 2: Activision where are the most important actions?
Speaker 1: And Blizzard? Sorry, Activision and.
Speaker 2: Blazer, where's the most important Activision game ever? Venetian Blinds for the Atari twenty.
Speaker 1: Six It's on here, Actually it is. It is on here, So there you go. They're apparently going to add more to wake it to where it's up to one hundred for now. I don't know if they're going to eventually make it to where there's non activision things that are going to come over from that service as well, like the EA play kind of work does, where they have stuff that maybe eventually they'll bring it in and it'll go away. I think they're kind of doing that as a let's see if this actually gets used, and then they might do a bigger deal with ant Stream where maybe they gets the rights to other things that aren't just activisional Blizzard based. You know that they own whatever, So it's cool. I mean, obviously, I'm sure this means that those games are also on Antstream Marque without you having to have game Pass. So again another reason why I think that the deal for the ten dollars ends on June fourth, Like, if you really like these classic games again, ten bucks, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember a game room for the Xbox three sixty?
Speaker 1: Man, that's a long time ago. I don't I know what you're talking about, but I don't. I don't think I ever used it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, it's basically the same thing they did that. Okay, And I think Venetian Blinds was like one of like the last games they had too.
Speaker 1: Oh so they they had something like this, but it was like an Xbox version of it instead.
Speaker 2: Of yeah it was I'm a three sixty. Uh. I got a PC version too, but that was like wait, that was even like a less supported kind of Yeah. You buy like old atare and collecul Vision and crap like that, and then you can make your own like little virtual arcade with that stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean again, like this is a it's it's no joke that they keep like this is actually I wouldn't to be honest like they are. I think they added Disney game that, like some of the Disney games like not too long ago. Uh, they keep adding stuff to this so like this, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: I think they realize that like no one's going to pay for like the Atari fifty Atari games for twenty five bucks anymore, because you know, people have already paid that stuff so many other times it's like why you know, I bother, Oh.
Speaker 1: No, you're right about that. Like, I think this is probably the best way to introduce this to people because it also has achievements stuff like that. So if you're like one of those people that that love to do achievements, right, this is here for you as a way to get you know, chief achievements those people that like to do that. But like this is uh, like I said, they've been adding stuff constantly to it, so it's, uh, it's worth looking at if you if you're like one of those that like, man, I want this service, but like game Pass and PS plus don't work for me. I like the older games. This is kind of a you know, and you don't have a switch, this is a good way to get So moving on from that, also, PlayStation gets another one of the Xbox games pretty soon. Maybe not one that everybody's so super excited about it or whatever, but send you as Saga Hill play two. It's going to come to PlayStation five. There are going to be some updates that are going to premiere with the PlayStation five. Version that will come in a free patch for PC and Xbox, so you know, get ready for that. At some point it is going to be PS five Pro enhanced. So there's that, which, Man, that game already looks beautiful. That's one thing you can't complain about this game. It looks amazing, So I can only imagine how much better it's going to look on PLACE five Pro.
Speaker 2: And you know, so play better and be more interesting.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's not right that game, so I'm sure they will charge the full fifty bucks for it. Uh So, you know there's also that too, you're gonna be paying fifty bucks on PlayStation, whereas that six to eight hour experience that was on Game Pass not that much of a herd, right, It just it stung a lot more when it was like the only big game release that year for Xbox. That's that's what was the the issue, yep, which isn't a problem so far this year because well, I'll put both of these together because they both Bethesda things. Dune the Dark Agents hit three million players according to Bethesda. You know, we've seen somebody start using this metric as well. You ust that has been using the metric. Uh So I mean, Xbox has kind of been the one that moved to it faster than anybody about They aren't going to tell you about sales. They're going to tell you about how many people are playing the game.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The steam dB charts are not amazing for it. I think it hit like thirty one thousand or something like that, which isn't great. But also Doom is a game that this doesn't really have. It has a multiplayer mode, but they're really not talking about it. It's much more focused on a single player because you know, as Crafty talked about last week, they they really tried to put a a story in this thing, even though you know it's not.
Speaker 2: I mean, the past too bad also, so yeah, but they.
Speaker 1: Really try to push it with this one. And it's like, I don't know that I'm not coming to Doom for that, but it is what it is. I kind of saw a thing of like I saw some people make a comment about how we've had other games hit that number in sales and people think that it's disappointing, and then this is being celebrated because it's three million players and most of it's on game Pass, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean there's two problems. There's two things. One, I'm sure it is decent on game Pass because it's like, what what new things on there?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you have Claar obscurity, you can still be playing. You have oblivion the I meaning.
Speaker 2: I mean people have you know, I would say that's much much more like a you know PS five game or you know, a Sony game then.
Speaker 1: But it's all on game Pass, like you can play it, so you know that's how I'm playing it, right.
Speaker 2: But also it's a matter of you know different you know, franchises work different or you know, on different scales.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this is a game you can technically finish and then just not come back to it. Right. It's twenty two missions long. It's not uh short, I would say by any means there's a good check of time you're going to spend in this game. But it's also not uber long, right, Right, So because they focused so much on the story part of it, you could essentially finish this game and then just that's it, you stop playing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So that being said, I mentioned Oblivion just now because Elder Scrolls for Oblivion, a remaster that was shadow dropped at towards the end of April is the best selling game for the month.
Speaker 2: Proving again people are idiots.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I think it's also a nostalgia. It's nostalgia.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, Oblivion is the best selling game for for May. Now, Now imagine this scenario. What if Bethesda remade a good Elder Scrolls game like Marland. I feel like, how many more?
Speaker 1: I feel like we have a better shot of them remaking Skyrim again then them doing that, man, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't know. I mean, it gives a lot more credence to the idea that they're going to you know, remake or not them specifically, but some developers going to remake call Out three, which yeah, I could see it happening, especially now, like and especially if you get it out the door by December.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. Yeah, definitely Fallout three, that that's happening. Also interesting that this is where.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, you are right though about nostalgia. Like my talks my downstairs neighbor and she was like, oh, she's not really a game er, like she she plays it to dabbles occasionally, but she's like, oh, yeah, I want to play Oblivion or Master. But you know my old boyfriend, my boyfriends'll gaming laptop won't handle it. You know, it's like okay, like you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if she gets game fast, she could play with the Cloud. And I'm sure she's.
Speaker 2: Not gonna do that crap. She doesn't care that much. Yeah, but uh yeah, because I'm sure, yeah, she's only kind of plays those older rolls games. So it's been a while.
Speaker 1: I will, I will say, like I think I mentioned it, I don't know a couple of times. I don't know. I know I probably said it once. But I did play Claire Obscure a few times on my girlfriend's Chromebook using Cloud through the browser. And yes there's some lag, but I was able to dodge in Perry in the.
Speaker 2: Game easy or hard.
Speaker 1: I wasn't playing on an expert like you, but I was playing on normal. I don't play. I didn't. I haven't played the game oneasy at all. So but you know, it does work, like I feel like the cloud's gotten a lot better. Uh, And she doesn't have like super fast, and I mean Exfinity I think bumped their base internet for everybody to like one hundred megs, right, But I have a gig at my house. She has one hundred megs, so there is a difference in the quality of the cloud there. I didn't really have a problem that much with it, so you know, if she wanted to play Revlon Remaster, it probably would work just fine. But just to keep on with us. This is where satin Adela got the the info for what they got the tout at their the earnings report about them being the top publisher on PlayStation fours. The Horizon five was number forty two and went to number two thanks to just the PlayStation five and Steam sales, and then Indiana Jones in the Great Circle was at one hundred and eighteen and went to sixth based off of those sales. I'm just happy that any of the Jones was getting bought by people, and Disney was right to wait it out. They said that they want to do more with the game or with the series, but they were waiting on those PlayStation and Steam numbers, and here we go. It looks like it's doing well. We'll see if any of that holds for next month. Oblivion was obviously number one thanks to being those slim sales. M willb the show twenty five, which is on all Consoles is number three. Minecraft is number four because of you know, the movie, and Assassin's Creed Shadows is holding firm at five, and Black Ops six is down all the way at number seven. You know, still some good numbers. Monster hundred Wilds is still hanging in there at eleven's but Fiction is still there at twelve. So some of the games that are I'm out this year still hanging around, which is good to know for for those games. Even Elden Rings still hanging around at eighteen. So and I think PlayStation those those numbers are a little I think there's four of those five games that are in the top seven or so, which is crazy. And then looking at the whole year, it's still Monster hundred Wilds one and two so far through May third, but then other Scrolls Oblivion Remaster is number three on that list, and then m will be the show called You, Black Op six and kenon cun Deliver Ince two, which hey, that's good for them, So yeah, I mean crazy to think obviously, it helps that those are kind of the like big releases so far and they've lived out to that kind of sucks to see that, Like I guess they were player obscure sales were not enough to even put it in here. But also I think Xbox Digital sales data is not counted, even though I imagine that not a lot of the people that bought it on an xbos are playing it on game Pass. But still they sold two million and for that to be an indie team, although I'm sure their budget was bigger than an indie studio because they had all those contractors and stuff like that. Hey, still good for them, right. I think Matt Pitzitellas says that they're like around twenty fourth or something like that if they're looking at it from all that, but they're not, you know, in the top ten, top fifteen or whatnot, so yeah, which, hey still cool, right, Still good for them that they're even in all of that. But all right, been on to the PlayStation side of things here. Talked about them getting Helpley two. Also PlayStation Stars is done. Yeah, PlayStation Stars itself will replaced the old rewards program that they used to have, but this was only available to the PlayStation app. You could not They never integrated it with the console, which.
Speaker 2: Is right, which is I never signed up for it.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you if you were using it or not, you can no longer sign up as of November second, twenty twenty okay, so you can't sign up at all, like Mark could not sign up now and as of November second, twenty twenty six. I don't know why they're taking a whole year and a half to remove it, right, but as of November second, twenty twenty six, will fully end. They kind of make mention that this is not like the end. Something else is going to replace it. They just don't know what that is right now. I don't know why you couldn't just keep this going until that thing comes it's going to replace it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, the obvious thing is no one. I mean you were using it barely.
Speaker 1: Yes, And also you can continue earning points up to July twenty third, twenty twenty five, just to say, uh, I did get forty bucks out of it, so I got to play for I got to pay PlayStation Plus for two months for free.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing. It's like, you know, I mean, I can't imagine the adoption if this thing was big. I mean yeah, because it was.
Speaker 1: Stuck on the app and they didn't want you to know it existed. Essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess under ten percent, probably even under five percent.
Speaker 1: Probably, But I bet if they would have done it like Microsoft does, where anything you do on the console, eventually they do have stuff that works with the console, right, where like there's certain games you could play or whatever that worked with it, like or no, it wasn't the things you played it was. That's a thing too. It really didn't have much to do with you playing anything. It had to do with you buying only. So like if you bought like when I bought Stellar Blade because I bought it at launch, they gave me a bunch of points, right, and then I bought some other game that was also Like if you bought both of these games at once, you would have got a bunch more stars or something like that. And it's like okay, Whereas like Microsoft's program is tiered into getting you points, so like it's a lot harder than it used to be used to be able to. There were people that basically kept re re upping on game Pass every month by playing game Pass games. Essentially you still get points for playing game Pass games and all that stuff. I do it all the time. You get ten points I think for like pushing a button on the app every day, like, but PlayStation Stars, it almost felt like they kind of had it there for you to just okay, if you know about it, cool, If you don't, we don't really care because essentially we're just giving you free money. So they don't want you to do that.
Speaker 2: Were like half in and half out, like they don't fully commit to it, and then it inevitably fails and then we'll bring back something later. It's like, hey, now you won't and then be even if you do, it's gonna be even worse than the thing you just it just failed.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the over Wars program wasn't that great either, right involved village that made a comment on on YouTube here, I was just talking. We're talking about PlayStation and Stars eventually fully going ending on November second, twenty spenty six. That's what's going away.
Speaker 2: So bring that yeah home? Huh.
Speaker 1: I saw people talking about that. It's like, you know, for people that like to chill in spaces, now, I wonder if like they were just kind of ahead of their time. They need to h Yeah, that too. That's still sony Also is what do you know? It's June people, and there's gonna be a Gaming Showcase. Uh yeah, right, but no, Honestly, Sony's been doing a State of Play like for the last couple of years, like around this week. Actually, they usually don't wait until uh Summer game Fest starts. They usually try to have it be like the week before so that they're kind of the the one that starts the showcases and they kind of get their own time. So I wonder if they're just gonna they and they do this a lot where they just it gets rumored and then they then they just randomly announce it and then it's like the next day or whatever, like kind of like Nintendo does. They don't. They don't do the thing like Xbox where they give you like a whole month and whatever to tell you that the showcase is happening. They they kind of just go on, all right, this is not gonna be a big deal, so hey, it's happening whatever and h and Jeff Grubb says that it's most likely a state of play, not a showcase, so take that what you will. Sometimes they announce big things like they have announced you know, like they announced Ghost of Yuta on one very recently, and then they you know, they did show off sorrows that new Housemart game on one as well. So they may not have enough for a showcase right now, because you know, a lot of the games that they've been having are the live service stuff.
Speaker 2: But I expect that the show off Interstellar's interest or gameplay, intell what not, whatever the hell that honey Dog thing is, oh right.
Speaker 1: Right, intergalactic Intergalactic. Okay, you think do you think they're gonna they're that close to showing off gameplay for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe not like a twenty minute show piece or anything, but they at least show like real somewhat realistic looking gameplay enough, you know, may not be like the Finished Hut or anything, but make you know, you hunting down some robot or some criminal or whatever, like some side.
Speaker 1: Yeah that since Death Trany's coming out like next month, that's Straining two is coming out next month, they're not going to show too much. Uh oh you know, no.
Speaker 2: That'll be that'll be the summer summer, summer gamest thing. Yeah, yeah, because Jeth always has to put hide in because.
Speaker 1: He right, right, the best friends, Right, I'm sure we'll get something would go to Yota since something on October and this might be the last time they really get to I mean they do stay to place for individual games. The way the way they announced sorrows, I feel like they're not going to show anything all right, but maybe maybe we finally give Overine I think, or now we've heard nothing since that leak man, like this would be the time. So something from Overine.
Speaker 2: Was Yeah, shocked that they had to say of play about borderlines for It's like really.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, they made a marketing deal. Maybe maybe they had to include borderlines for in order to get like GTA six marketing deals. Thank you for that segue, by the way, because Randy Pritsford once again cannot help himself man and not be the center of saying something stupid, so that PR gets really like I I can only imagine, like he PR, soon they're going why do you even answer questions like what? Why do you even answer people on on social media? You know, if anybody needs to learn to like put an away message on their social media, it's Randy Pittsford. Because anytime this dude speaks, it's like, oh my god, somebody has to go run a defense campaign off of what he just said. So if if you don't you know, listen, you know, pay attention to the use it all. Somebody asked him, somebody kind of he's he's talking about Borderlindspore coming to switch to you, right, Andy says yo, Randy, you better not make this game eighty dollars. Not everybody is gonna be okay with that, and we're not gonna pay the price, right right. And he answers which he could have just answered, not my call. That's it. Don't say what, don't say anything else. Just shut up right there, and then he has to keep on and go. If you're a real fan, you'll find a way to make it happen. My local game store had Star Flight for Second Genesis for eighty bucks in nineteen ninety one. And I was just out of high school, working minimum wage which I think it was like four dollars at the time, and ice creamed parlor and Pismo Beach, and I find a way to make it happen and shut up, like why why say anything? I don't know, man, It's just like he can't help himself.
Speaker 2: So what I mean? I I see a sentence it somewhat yeah. I think if there was a new Zeno Blade Chronicles game that came out tomorrow. There's a hundred bucks, you'd start to the store and bite immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I kind of way to make it happen. But obviously nowadays we have way more ways to make it happen than even then back then. So I think his point is even more valid. But you don't need to say the part about being a true fan. I think when it comes to monetary stuff, we don't need to be telling anybody how to spend their money at all. In this class.
Speaker 2: There's two other things. First of all, like Randy didn't like pull himself up from his bootstrafts, like his dad worked for an intelligence agency.
Speaker 1: And well, but we don't know, Like you know, my dad kind of he my dad was a doctor. I didn't have to worry about stuff when I was a kid, But when I became an adult, my dad cut the thing off. I had to. I literally had no income and I had to figure it out, like it was not you know whatever. So like maybe his dad did the same thing for him. We don't know, but you're right about he didn't start from absolutely nothing either.
Speaker 2: He went to UCLA. Like, yeah, believe me, I'm sure I'm sure that was paid for. If not, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure, Like but yeah, but if he's saying fresh out of college like Navy again, once college got done, we don't know what happened there. But I agree with you in that he didn't have he didn't have to worry about too much most of the time.
Speaker 2: And thirdly, I would say, uh, what about the true fans who saw the movie.
Speaker 1: Those are the real fans. Those are the real truth fans right there right like if you if you really are Borderlines fan of the form where you watch that terrible movie, got Heaven help you?
Speaker 2: Speaking of which this is somewhat related. But I saw this was like on Twitter. Look a week ago. Yeah, someone there's some dextra article about Borderlines to sold nineteen million copies, like franchise wise, Yeah, and that Borderlines too has sold thirty million copies. And some guy tweeted he said it as a joke. He's like, oh, they should make another one of those, you know, Porterlines four, And my kind of my comment to him was they should make another movie instead, and he liked it. Yeah, good on him. And I didn't know who this guy was, and I clicked his profile. He was the narrative director at Gearbox.
Speaker 1: Nice. Yeah, well you know, hey, now that they don't have humor, Yeah, that's good. I free like, yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Randy just needs to They just need Like it's the same thing that like Tessa Instrude with Elon Musk. Just put him in like a fake boardroom, like a fake press room, and have him rant and have the cameras powered. I'm back to connectin anything, and then let me say whatever bullshit he wants to. No one and everyone else gonna get on with their jobs.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just wonder like if somebody eventually got to Randy and were like, what did you say? Now, dude, what did you say? Now?
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, Like, I mean, I'm sure they could fire him.
Speaker 1: No, They're not gonna fire him for that.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying I said I'm sure they could, yeah, or but that someone clearly likes him or clearly has some use for him.
Speaker 1: To be fair, Like, you know, if Borderlines four goes out and sells, well, I mean, dude, dude's keep right.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think I think it'll do okay, but I think the guys that like guys to that franchise is kind of over and you know, I think it's just like Worderlines one came out, Quorderlines two kind of shot up, and then three or four three presequel and Tiny Tina's bullshit. It's just been like a slow decline.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tiny Tina's had a mixed audience for sure. There's but a lot a lot of people that liked that game a lot, and there's people that didn't like it. And then three just had the thing where you know, they they came out and said, we're not going to be overdoing it so much on the references and all that.
Speaker 2: Suff It's like, that's like the worst one.
Speaker 1: So well, that's the point that they're not going to overdo it with four for that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people didn't like it, but you know it's the same people in charge of writing or any sensibilities. So yeah, that's what I'm kind of dreading and so clad trap in it, so said, Oh God.
Speaker 1: Speaking of franchises, lots of uh. I had no idea that there was this grounds full of people playing Battlefront two, a Star Wars Battlefront two, I should say, all of a sudden, And apparently some former deths of the game have said that they're now they they would really like to make out of Front three and have you know, a chance of redemption because we know what have a Battlefront two where that was the height of loot box right, all that stuff. Yeah, just people absolutely hating loot boxes and all that stuff and just them monetizing it to helen back because it was Star Wars to the point where where they had to take the game down.
Speaker 2: Right yeah, they like rebouncing the economy and then it kind of worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you know, it kind of really really lost its luster after that because Disney even got onto EA about like, yo, how did you screw this up so bad? Yeah, because they had no idea that I think that most people didn't even know that this stuff was in the game.
Speaker 2: Well, it was a perfect storm because EA is trying to make money off cosmetics, but like Disney wouldn't let him make cosmetics or like me, no, like cannon breaking cosmetics and crap like that.
Speaker 1: Right, it was the definition of pay to win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or like Darth they are something looks slightly different. It has like one more line on it, and it's like oh the ten bucks or whatever, like no, yeah, I mean the reason is it's popping off it's because of Fortnite, because they bolted in characters from you know, Star Wars characters into that. Uh, they shouldn't make another one.
Speaker 1: But you think, like, you know, with all this stuff about like oh we again, you know, we talked about Sony's live service thing last week and how that's not popping off for them outside of Hell Divers Too, and then even Hell Divers team. I wonder, I wonder if there's something to that or they just decided that they wanted to move away from Sony, but like interesting that Arrowhead just was like, we're not going to work with Sony on our next game like that the way they work with Hell Divers too, right, And it's like, you know, I wonder if EA and all of their you know, they're still winning so many live service all their sports games have live service right to them all almost you know, they're they're still pumping out mobile games, trying to get modernization and all that stuff. Uh, do you think that they could if somebody convinces somebody like you think it could work, like bring back Star Wars and do this. Like it's not like people didn't like the game, it's just the loop boxes and all that crap ruined.
Speaker 2: I mean even like the problem with Battlefront specifically is like it's reilly a large market of that fan base like the old ones.
Speaker 1: So yeah Battlefront, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like the I forget the studio, the saboteury guys forget.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Okay, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Uh Okay. There is like a leaked version of that of their Battlefront too, from like you know, twenty years ago floating around that was like way more impressive than what came out as actually thattle Front two. Yeah, but I think there there is kind of a I don't want to say a need, but people like that type of gameplay, but it's very shallow and very uh like, I don't mean the gameplay itself a shallow, but like the audience is shallow for it. Like it's a good like a Real Tournament when they tried to bring that back and it was a boondoggle and they went away, Like I would I would like I would like a good like arena based shooter like that, you know, like Unreal Tournament or Quake three or something that's like archaic.
Speaker 1: Telling uh, you know it should go and try to do something with Quake.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't. I don't trust them because I think the markets have changed so much from that, you know that, like the audience just isn't like I mean, what was a boss Key when Cliff was still making games like that was like that one that you tried to make and it failed and next Week's failed, and most of these things fail. So I think there could be a market for the Battlefront game, but I just don't see EA doing it, and they don't see I mean, it has to be like some small team that's just yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they pretty much have to life sacrifice Battlefield again right right to to be able to do that, because it'd be a lot of those same people.
Speaker 2: Right, and they don't own you know, they have to share marketing dollars for Star Wars or just that.
Speaker 1: They don't have a problem because they're doing that that strategy game, and they're still doing Jedi Survivors.
Speaker 2: But that's that's a whole separate thing, you know, Like you just said, like they don't have to pull away from their own you know, battlefield itself.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean with the way Disney has that deal with Epic or whatever right now for Fortnite, right, it wouldn't totally surprise me if somebody's like watching that and somebody at EA is maybe thinking about it, because like, this is what EA loves. They love getting a game that people were excited about and they're gonna play. And it's like especially if Battlefield like bombs or something, and they basically get the definitive like, Okay, people don't care about this franchise, it's done. What can we do with that team? Like I could see a Star Wars Battlefront three, maybe not doing a Marvel Rivals type like, oh my god, it is the game now, but I could see it making a comeback. I could see people really getting excited about that, you know. So I'm not going to rule it out. I'm not going to rule out the Star War Battlefront three could happen at some point, especially at Battlefield. Whatever the heck this game is gonna which look, I don't want that to happen because I mean, seper we're going to probably lose jobs. But if battle for some reason doesn't do well, I could see it happen for sure.
Speaker 2: If a battle Run three is made, how much how many celebrity or you know, how many of the actually do you think they rope into it.
Speaker 1: I mean some of these actors getting kind of really.
Speaker 2: Old it's voice acting. Yeah, you know they can get they can rope in you know, Ah's forget a dynamn name the ton Reese, Katie sack Off.
Speaker 1: And they could get I can't remember her name or the girl that plays Ray.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could get Daisy really and you know that.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean that was the thing with the last one. It's like they like they couldn't really do it because it couldn't get Han solo. They can't get Harrison Ford, right, but like hey, just I.
Speaker 1: Mean, now you could get Troy Baker to do Harrison for you know, they can find ways around it maybe, or they could.
Speaker 2: Just not have them talked right well, I mean I haven't talked a little like grunting or they got to sell Compact somewhere so.
Speaker 1: Right, but uh okay, moving on from that, just to get to a few more things. We talk about Nintendo being into our main topic. Embracer group who und you know, well they are because ken Cums Liver Too is doing really well, right, but they once again are I thought we were done talking about their studios and the makeup of it. And whatever, and then like out of the blue, they are once again like doing something with this three headed monster of groups that they assembled last year, which you know they split as to the table Talk people get a Lord of the Rings group and then Coffee Stain was doing all like the indie ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So now Coffee Stain and Friends, which hilarious that that's still the name is. It's going to officially become its own, uh indie standalone group like away from Embracer, right, I guess to hopefully, like I guess, get some of that Embracer name off of them and kind of be able to do their own like publishing and all that stuff. Coffeees thing was supposed to focus on PC, console and mobile games, including current community driven free to play games live ops, you know, the indie double a space essentially, so you know, they're kind of I guess this is Embraceous way of like not having to officially like sell them, but also like you know, I guess divest from them somewhat some a little bit. Uh. The middle Earth and Friends is officially now called Fellowship Entertainment and will basically essentially handle everything that's not indie, So a huge amount of Studios. We're talking about a Spire Crystal Dynamics limited run dark Horse war Horse Studios, the people that made Keenan Culverts too, that play on. That's also a publisher trip Wire that does Killing Floor, which they have Killing for three coming soon, if not out already. And like Metro, they just had that VR game not too long ago, so there's uh, there's quite a bit uh there. I don't really I can't really talk about what this really does, aside from okay, I guess cool that they gave it an official name this time instead of Lord of the Rings and Friends or whatever Middle Earth and Friends or whatever.
Speaker 2: His buddies.
Speaker 1: Yeah that, But sure, okay, I mean this is cool for Embracer Again, I don't we I don't think we're going to really know what this means for a while.
Speaker 2: So but another Gollum game'll be all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure? Uh And last thing here before we get tell my Nintendo just because you know, this is I guess officially the first time we've had a from software like Souls like like this that is really really heavily beloved getting difficulty options. I'm not I'm not sure if Remnant two also has that but yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Okay, so I guess they're not the first ones, but like they're kind of making a big deal of it because it's a you know, the way that this is built. It it gets a lot of Eliza p gets a lot of talk towards like Bloodborne and things like that. So in this update that they're doing, there's gonna be new difficulty options called Butterflies Guidance, an Awaken Puppet. They're going to be added in a patch alongside the DLC, the Eliza p overture that's coming, the difficult difficult. The default difficulty is gonna be called legendary stock are now or whatever. As somebody that does play these games, Uh do you think? What do you think about this? Like is this them like copping out or you think this is a good thing to let.
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's good. I mean, like you just say it's bad. But he's like, you know, I mean like the die hard purists are always like get good or you know, just get better, and yeah, I got I don't got a thousand dollars to devote this damn game, you know, right, So yeah, I think it's good. People should people should I mean I don't think it's bad that a developer would say here's how we want to play it, or here's how we want you to play it, but like having options is always a nice thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely agree with that as well. Like, you know, Clark could have easily because they are aping the that that coin of, like the same difficulty structure in the Dodge and Perry, they could have easily said, hey, uh, there's only one difficulty mode, right, and unfortunately you're gonna have to get good or whatever, right, right, But they didn't do that, and in fact, like let you change the difficulty whenever you want, which I always think is positive, right.
Speaker 2: And the trophies, it's not like you beat the game on normal and then hard or anything anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I hate I really hate when they do that, Like it's all you know, I understand, Okay, cool, you want to you want to have a trophy for people that want to play it on hard mode or whatever, But I don't feel like that needs to be included into the Platinum or whatnot. Like that's one of the things that he made a big deal about rebirth, Like you have to play so many of those things on the mini games on hard or whatever to be able to get the platinum and people couldn't stand it, So like it's good to me. I think it's a good thing. Look, I don't if me a Zaki never wants to add difficulty options to hit to the actual from soft games, I don't think that's a bad thing either. The developers should have a maybe able to make their own decision. Does it hurt the game, No, because who gives a shit about gamer credit at the end of the day. Nobody, Because at the end of the day, nobody's going to remember any of that crap, you know, Like you can use it as a hell, Hey, I beat it, and if you want to beat it on normal, beat it on normal. Man. But I don't think it's bad because as I've we talked about with Crafty last week and he said that it did happen for him this week where he kind of used easy as training mode so that he could play it on normal and beat the boss on normal that he couldn't beat because he was able to get better at the Dodge and Perry, And I don't I don't think that that's wrong. That's also kind of getting good. But in a different way. Now. Uh, there's levels to it, and I'm sure considering how Neo Wiz has handled Liza p overall, I don't think they're gonna make it like gosh darn easy either. But I think they're gonna be able to make it easier for you to you know. Uh yeah, yeah, They're not gonna make it harder for the whole point is to kind of ease you into the experience, and that's that's good.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So let's uh go ahead and get into Nintendo here since it kind of leads into our Oh wait, wain more, since we're talking about that, elder Ring is officially getting that movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 1: We have somebody asking us in the comments of Nintendo question. We'll get to that in just a second. Elder Ring is getting this movie with a twenty four and Alice Garland, who's he just teamed up again to do the twenty eight Years Later movie, which is coming out pretty soon. And you know, Danny Boyle directed that movie, so he has history with that that franchise. He's also like wrote and directed Civil War, which came out last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, and you like enslaved Odyssey's the West, which he co wrote and also did some supervisory stuff with DMC, which.
Speaker 2: You liked as a writer. He's fine, Yeah, this movie will never come out.
Speaker 1: You don't think slaving with well, obviously we have the King have never come out with George R. Martin attacked, right, that's one problem. But you know what he does. He's bad about writing his books, but when it comes to like whatever he does with other stuff, he's he's great about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, shouldn't it doesn't matter or shouldn't matter to him, but it makes a bigger celebrity. So that's why he doesn't, is that?
Speaker 1: Of course? Of course, you know, because we know that book's going to come out and the people that read the books are gonna love it, but that's probably still not going to get into the zeitguys, yeah or whatever. You finally, you're wrong.
Speaker 2: That book is never coming out.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, faugh But anyway, twenty four is also attached and Vanda Namco and I'm sure Vanda Namco wants this Newey to come out because they want to make money. They want to keep making I don't know how many people don't Old elden Ring at this point, but uh, I mean.
Speaker 2: It's a few things. First of all, like I said that the books never coming out. Uh, I don't see a twenty four putting in a huge budget for this, you know, personally, I.
Speaker 1: Mean they like.
Speaker 2: They should. I think it's like a property that demands it kind of.
Speaker 1: Well, but ben Anaka is also putting some money in here too, It's not like it's just them.
Speaker 2: Another problem is like what's the story.
Speaker 1: I would assume it's its own story, right, like it's its own origin story.
Speaker 2: Of No, because like Eldon Ring doesn't have a story. I mean people say it has a story, it does not have a story.
Speaker 1: That's the thing too, right, You're not gonna be able to do this like Lord drop thing like you do in the game. You're gonna have to actually give people a story and you're not gonna be able to interact with it the same way where you get to go and do whatever you want. That you have to lead the people through the story.
Speaker 2: keV. It's a fifteen minute scene in the movie where it's just like the main character breaking power. It's over and over. He can get the one fucking material he needs. That's a better weapon.
Speaker 1: Obviously. You know Night Rain's coming out this year too, so this kind of adds to that. Right.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, what do you think the Odds Artist thing actually comes out?
Speaker 1: I think with Miyazaki tied to it as well with uh, you know, gr R, I think it will come out. Maybe it gets delayed or something like that, but I think it will come out because I don't think Miyazaki is gonna waste his time away from doing stuff away from the series for a movie that doesn't come out like that doesn't make any sense to me. So I don't know. Yeah, I know you're stuck on the reality. No, I know you're stuck on that, but you know, yeah, So we'll see if it does come out or not. But thank you Ken for getting us into talking about our main topic here, which is Switched Again. We're doing like a two part looking back at Switch one and then also getting ready for Switch to with you know, the show is gonna come out during the launch week. I do have a pre order, so I'm ready for Thursday. So far, Walmart says they're gonna switch it. They're gonna ship it to me on this I'm supposed to be getting it by June fifth, so I and Ashley is right. This Sonya is making that ze the live action to me. But just so even though this wasn't on the the doc, it actually does ask uh, why do people hate Nintendo so much? Most gamers for PS, Xbox or PC, would you agree? So here's the thing, Like there's I think it's just the loud people online. A lot of people online like to talk and say that they hate Nintendo. But they hate. It's almost like a love hate, right, they hate, but then they go and buy the games that they hate so much.
Speaker 2: Well, Nintendo is missing some key game types or you know, mature games or games of that elk.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the third party they got what the Witcher three, they got Doom Maternal last time. They're getting Cyberpunk at launch count Cyberpunk counts, they're getting that at.
Speaker 2: Lot they're talking about I'm talking about like Nintendo made game.
Speaker 1: But Nintendo's not going to do that.
Speaker 2: That's not part of their exactly. Yeah, yes, you're making my point.
Speaker 1: But that's why you think they hate people hate them is they don't do mature games.
Speaker 2: Because they I'm taking off like think of like Asthma Gold or like you.
Speaker 1: Know, brings up that she brings up athmen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's never gonna, like, never gonna like a Nintendo game because not enough women or you know, the big booged women. They're too quote unquote easy h appeal to his warrior sensibilities. I mean, Nintendo games are fun and colorful and charming everything he's not.
Speaker 1: So Yeah, to be fair, Donkey, that's that's his whole point is to make fun of things. So it's like almost at some point, but Dunkey, you like never know if he's being serious or he's just doing it because it's gonna get him attention, right, whereas Asthma go, I don't know either. He's also very you know, I agree with with keV. Why can't we just all love every console?
Speaker 2: I have some bad consols out there.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, but I own all the consoles.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You just don't own an Xbox, but you have the others, And to be fair, you don't really need on one when you have a PC. So yeah, that's that Sexbox's problem anyway. But let's let's like kind of go backwards. I guess in time back when I got my to be I got my switch one on launch day when Walmart was still good when Walmart still had the twenty four hour thing when they were open okay, at midnight before the pandemic, where they even though there was a lot of Walmarts that were already going to start going and closing at eleven or whatever or closing at twelve. Uh, they were starting to kind of ease out of the whole being open twenty four hours, but there was still a lot of them, and I had one in my area. I had two in my area actually, that were open twenty four hours. I went into one like at eleven forty five and kind of waited around, and at twelve oh one they start putting out the I'd pre I been able to pre order like a couple of before actually because Walmart had done like some crazy like pre orders at the last minute. But it was cool because I literally got to stand there watch them put it out, and then I walked up and been like, oh, can I buy one? And they said, do you have a pre order? I said I do, But are you also going to put some out people that didn't pre order? They said, yeah, but we're going to make sure we order the out of the pre orders first. So I had to tell them I was canceling my pre order in order to buy the one there at the store, but then let me buy it, so I walked off with an SD card the two I don't remember. I think it's the two fifty six gig SD card that I have the Breath of the Wild physical one of the only few physical games that I have for a switch and and and the console. So yeah, I've had mine since launch. It still works. The only thing is I dropped it once and it doesn't have a screen protector, so I do have like this little blue mark on the screen that won't go away when I'm playing handheld. But hey, it still works, although it sucks because you know, I've never gotten to get some of that awesome battery life that the new version of Switch one eventually got. But I guess that prepares me for what the Switch two is going to be, because it's apparently going to have worse battery life than the first one. But I love my Switch, Like I said, I just I've been playing nice Stay for Fishing on Switch to me, Switches a great console. It's something that I think I never knew I wanted until it came out, and now it's like I can never think about going back to only playing handheld. I want the handheld to be able to go into my TV if I want to, even though most of the time I do play the game the thing handheld. Look, it's not as I think us on as great graphics wise as a Steam Deck. But I think for all the stuff that's come out with the Switch, it's it's an awesome thing, and I'm glad to see Nintendo is still going to be continuing to switch on with the second one. What did you think about like the Switch when it was first going to come out, and do you like you own one as well? I know you don't use it as much, but where are you with the Switch one as far as your thoughts?
Speaker 2: I think I don't really remember it coming out. I think it got like a year later for like a birthday present from a friend. Ah, but it's still one of the like lngch ones or that's still really early on. Uh. I think it's fine. I think it's see. I think it's only good for like indies and Nintendo games. So you go and like, oh, you know Doom three or Doom whatever the hell Doom is on, Like the mature games is like, no, those don't count because those are better on literal anything else.
Speaker 1: But if you don't own anything but a switch, which there a lot of people to.
Speaker 2: Do, oh well, I mean save it for something better.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, but I don't look. Well, you're doing the Randy Pittsford thing right now.
Speaker 2: Well, playing a heavily compromised version of something isn't exactly like a fun or good experience.
Speaker 1: M right. But okay, the teenager it doesn't have a way to get their own income and they want to play Doom and the Switch is what they have.
Speaker 2: I means four, fine, but you know, don't do that.
Speaker 1: People don't do that. You're missing out a lot of games that you can't play on the PS four. But still the so you're I agree with you. I use it a lot for Randy's That's what I play most of it on UH just because you know, Nintendo games never go down on sales, so I end up not getting a lot of them, only the ones that I really really want, like like Mark mentioned the Zena Blades and that UH type game. And as just to there's a I don't really want to bring this up because it's just some rumor that it is being floated by people that are not. There's a stupid rumor that's been going around. I saw, like on Facebook and other places of like Parokis and Tokey apparently says something about uh ps, gamers are gonna have to get used to they're also going multi platform or whatever. That's that is absolutely bs until I see it, Until I actually see them announce it, I don't.
Speaker 2: Believe really small shiping multiplatform like that Lego Horizon game.
Speaker 1: But to me that the one doesn't even count because it's not a it's not a it's a Sony property, but it's not a Sony game. It's being made at somebody else. They probably said, hey, we need this to be on switch because it's not going to sell, and it still didn't sell, you know, so you know, until we have an action like until I see the Last of Us, not even Spider Man, because I can see Disney saying they need Spider Man on switch seat or whatever doing Indiana Jones type thing. I'm talking about. If a Sony game like I talked about Last of Us, Complete God of War whatever shows up on Nintendo, I won't believe it. So to me, it's still a bunch of crap because Look, I get it, they have a lot of games that we're supposed to come out with live service that are not doing well and they need to increase that income somewhere. But I see them if they do anything. I can see them do Day one PC before they ever put a bunch of their big games on Nintendo right now, were they would they be more willing to work with Nintendo than Xbox? Yeah? Would they put their games on switch to before they ever put them on Xbox? Yes? Because they're both Japanese. I could see them. Even though Sony has that bad blood with Nintendo from back in the day, they've apparently mended fences in all those years from then. Most of those people are not like even really around anymore. Do you even know that that really happened aside from like the history books essentially, But that stuff's not like that is just absolute made up bull crap from people that are just trying to stir the pot of console warbs, which I don't really like talking on here because we're here to celebrate games, and I'll mention it sometimes, but it's just really like not worth getting into until somebody from Sony officially says we're putting four games on Nintendo's Switch and we'll see how it goes. Because I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's similar to Microsoft's opening strategy of we're gonna put some games and see how it goes. They're not going to all of a sudden go we're putting all of our games on switch too. Now that's not happening. But anyway, going back to uh so, like when you were thinking about your and I don't know if you have honorable mentions or whatever too, but like when you were thinking about your like top switch games, when you think about like your time of playing switch games, like what stands out to you as far as like games you gotta play or whatever before just going through your list, because I know there's games that you don't maybe not necessarily like your favorites, but you feel like, okay, definitely gotta gotta check this out. If you're buying a switch too, and you haven't, you didn't have a switch one at all, what's what's something you'd say you have to play?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, it's just it's on my list, you know, like yeah, and then Hendo stuff, and then like a few indies and then.
Speaker 1: Was it like hard for you to come up with the the ten you already had.
Speaker 2: The on the bottom? It was because you know, the Switch does have a lot of crap on it. Ah, and I didn't want to do a multi platform or at least most at least like I'm not gonna play from.
Speaker 1: The major ones. Oh like see I did put Haites online, but that's no. So so I'm going to give a caveat to the way I did this is you can do it as all exclusives. You can do it as just your what you think are the ten best games on Switch. You can do it as games that you played a lot on Switch that maybe are multi platform. So like, that's why Hayes is there for me, because that's how I played that game. I didn't play it on anything else with Switch, right, Uh, so for me it is a Switch game, even though yes it's on other things, right on PC.
Speaker 2: When it came out, like come out on the Switch first, then I would have it wouldn't have made my list, but I would have that would have been better. But it hits PC and Switch at the same time. So no, like the tourist made my list, and that's because it hit Switch first, Yeah, initially, right.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, Like, well, it was on what PC in early access for a while, and then Haiti's and then it came to Switch first as one of the as the first console, and then it came to everything else. So like now it hit Switch first, Okay, hits but it came it was on PC in early access first, right.
Speaker 2: It doesn't say but first even if the case like it came out like a year and the Switch before PC or like Windows the official window, so I wouldn't count that at all, all right, But.
Speaker 1: All right, like what are your you have any honorable mentions?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: All right, you just did ten? Okay, my my honorable mentions really quick are just because I don't I kind of want to not like have a bunch of the same games. Uh zann a Blade Definitive one, uh, the definitive one, the first one and then two. I haven't really gotten to play X, but I'm pretty sure Chronicles X would probably be on there as well. I've just I have it. I played a little bit of it. It's just other stuff came out around the same time and I never got back to it. But I will when Switch two comes out, because there's besides Mark Carr World, there's nothing I'm buying until maybe Donkey Kong, if not even further. Also there we talked about Tony, Nintendo was apparently having a switch to direct right after the console comes out, which is no brainer because they always have a direct in June. The people that have been saying that they don't think anything's happening, It's like, guys, they have a whole year left of things that they have to they have to fill out the year with. So definitely they are going to have another direct because it can't just be two. Yes, Metrified four Pokemon Za are two big games, but those are also coming to switch one right now. Donkey Kong Bonanza and Marcott World are like the only two big games that we have announced at all for Nintendo. So they definitely got to get something going. And having it right after the console launches is perfect because people buy that system. Whether the people that haven't bought the system yet, you can show them, oh, yeah, look at all this stuff that's coming, whether it's in this year or early next year. Oh, this is why you need to buy it, you know, because they're definitely gonna get you ready for the holiday season when they have more stock again and they're gonna want you to buy that system for the holidays. So yeah, So, like I said, the Zuno Blade series is the rest of the Anoploid series except for three, which is actually on my list. Are my honorable mentions? What's your I guess number ten through eight or whatever out them?
Speaker 2: However you want my number Tennis Kirby Forgotten Land. Okay, number nine is live alive umber Yeah, number it was being outed.
Speaker 1: Too, all right, any of those that you like really.
Speaker 2: Have a you know, I mean, it's a remake of the That's NEETs one that ever came out, and it's on other systems now, but when it first hit was on on Switch and yeah, really interesting RPG.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love I love the fact that that exists and that you know, we can play it, you know. It's it's also that that was revived and you can you can check that out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have a SNS translation, you know, one English translation of the NES version, and yeah, they really recaptured it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they did a fantastic job of that game.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: A lot of big credit to them for that. My number ten is Hades. Like I said, it's not a Nintendo game, but played the craft light of it on the Switch. Love that game. I don't really do roguelikes that much, so that game obviously one of the best ones ever, right, But for sure Number nine Dragon Quests eleven, I did play it on PlayStation, but Switch had the best version for a long time, and I played a lot of it on Switch, and it's one of the best Dragon Quests games ever. So you know, definitely, if for some reason you haven't checked it out, I definitely would. Like I think after those two that's when it became like difficult for me because I didn't want to do too many of the same like franchise, because I wasn't a fan like and I know you weren't either. Like that's something I think we're both going to share that people are probably going to be very upset when you're looking about we're talking about obviously, like I said, best Switch games for us. You know, when you do best lists, there's always it's subjective, so you know, people or get upset. But both of us are not fans of the three d's of the as far as like Tiers of the Kingdom, and that's the while, so I'll be surprised if it's on there for you at all, but it's not for me, right. Also number number eight, you know I had to have this in here somewhere because I bought it on Switch. I played it on Switch. I know it's on PlayStation, but theaterithm Fall Fantasy. I bought all the DLC that game. I sunk so many freaking hours into that game. I love the crap out of it still. Sometimes we'll go back to it to play games I used to. I still have the the three DS versions over there in that corner on the show. So yeah, it's for me. It's a it's a game I really loved on the Switch. So what is your seven?
Speaker 2: Five? I remember seven was Mario RPG. Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that game too.
Speaker 2: My number six was Smash for the Ultimate. Uh And number five was the only good Zelda game, Caine's High Rule.
Speaker 1: Kin's tyl Is Fun.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I reviewed that. You know their newest game, Riff of the Necrod. Answer from that team, Uh, well yeah that game was and it was difficult too. There was no joke, right, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean it's gonna be hard thing to top Ultimate or Smash for the Ultimate.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's gonna be an interesting one, like what do they do with Smash Bros.
Speaker 2: Ultimate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, hey they did from Mario A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Do they finally do they add like an RPG type like actual like story mode to the thing?
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I didn't like Ultimate story Mode at all. That like four game bullshit. It's like this is way too big and involved.
Speaker 1: And oh yeah, I felt like it took forever. I was just like, uh, okay.
Speaker 2: So I'd be happy. I mean, it'd be funny if they did like a Mortal Kombat style story mode but just sounded like a simple five or six fight story mode, and that'd be a you know, yeah, I think it's people. I think it's speaking a word of combat re quick. I think its funny people are outraged that Mortal Kombat's one supportive ending. It's like, yo, that game is old and didn't do too well, so what do you expect?
Speaker 1: Definitely, uh, not kidding there with that. My number seven is Astral.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That game is awesome. I wish more people would have bought it, because it really should be one of those like Platinum games that we talk about in the same vein as you know, some of the stories is kind of like, you know whatever, but I love the gameplay in that freaking game, and I just it should be up there in like the platinum like echelon of games, Like right, I wish there was talk of an astral Chain two coming out or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's weird. The Switch had had some like theoretically good games on it, but like they just didn't hit like Asple Chain is won Ah, Tokyo Mara Sessions, I mean, I think that was.
Speaker 1: A we u game initially, but yeah, the remaster, the remaster of that, yeah.
Speaker 2: Kind of came and went and I tried it and didn't really like it that much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I definitely uh gets you on that Super Mario Brothers Wonder. Yeah, absolutely amazing game that, like Yo Death, is one of the great two D Mario games of all time. Like the whole Wonder system where you have it like completely almost changes the level, how you have to traverse it and everything, and and then just even playing the levels before that are like really good, and then some of the challenge levels are insane on that. So Super Marrows Wonder for me is is uh up there. And then Mario Karty Deluxe obviously the highest selling freaking Mario kard whatever, highest selling game on the Switch. No, no doubt the DLC levels awesome that it got all that DLC content. Also, way, I forgot to talk about it, But do you think does it diminuce Mario Part nine that it's it was being developed for Switch one and they essentially just kind of put it for switch to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it shows like they're I mean, it's not just some cash grab or it's not just some cheap expansion pack like they want to expand the world pardon the pun. So yeah, need the more powerful console like would expect.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think Also that's another thing too of like I know, people were talking about, oh they screwed up and and or this is why the graphics don't look that great on it, you know whatever, because it was now it was actually I'm glad that they finally came out and said that it was a Switch one game, you know whatever. It's like, Okay, look, switch To graphics are not out of this world amazing, but.
Speaker 2: Like people really need to call them now in the graphics like, graphics being nice is good, but yeah, the gameplay or whatever the hell they're doing is better, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, what's your like, I guess, uh, four, three and four.
Speaker 2: My number four was the Tourist uh and number three is Mario Odyssey.
Speaker 1: All right, well we share one there, uh.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, I completely like, okay, so what is the Forest of Our People? Because I completely forgot.
Speaker 2: It's like a Vauxel adventure game or platformer where you watch upon this island or like a tourist literally, and there are like little islands and each island has a bunch of activities for you to do, like playing an arcade game or jump roping and or it just looks like an interesting game. I think you're trying, like and I beat it. You're gonna like find these like four not like shards, but like these like four power things interne THEUS like dungeons basically. But yeah, it's a cool little game, they reported to other consoles later on. But yeah, the Switch is what I played in the first and I think I reviewed it. So yeah, what about your four through three? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This got difficult for me because I definitely had like.
Speaker 3: A one in two Yeah, and then I was like, uh, you know where where am I putting the the like other two that I really really like.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed in here. I would say that my like what now I can't, like I need to look at the I had it in my head like it's one of those are like you're sitting there say it in your head. And Donkey Yong Tropical Freeze is my number three. I picked it up a few years ago when it was like on a forty dollar or it's my number four. I'm sorry, it's like and that game is awesome. It's like everything you wanted, Donkey Kong. Uh. Definitely would buy this over the new like retro collection one that they came out, which like the one that just came out like this year the country HD or whatever. Definitely would buy that instead. And just because I love the game so much, I want to give it props. Death Store is an amazing game. You can go play on switch. Yeah, you can go play on other stuff too, but it's perfect for handheld. It's not like graphic intensive, and it has a bit of the dark souls like combaty stuff with like the weirdest story. And I just love that game so much, Like it was one of those games I was not expecting to like so much and then I ended up loving it. It was my Game of the Year of twenty twenty one. So yeah, that's my number three. I always said on my number two was, which is honestly, what's your number two? In one there?
Speaker 2: My number two is met Tray Dread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was waiting. I knew that had to be on here somewhere.
Speaker 2: Since they finally gave me a good metro and I took them twenty years.
Speaker 1: That's a fantastic And it's like crazy because like Mercury Stream just came out with a game they didn't do so hot, and then like Dread is fantastic, right, yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: That's number one, firing them three houses.
Speaker 1: I was being very surprised that that wasn't even one, right, Yeah, uh are you are you surprised they've gone this long without doing another fireing them like like that, like just regular.
Speaker 2: No, because they seemed to like for the other franchises, it's still seemed to like make like one game and that'd be it. I mean I made three helps and that was cool.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, and that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't like fighting them at all, but it was still actually pretty good for like, you know, a type of game, and they made that fireing them engage and that was not good or it was. I mean it was passable, but.
Speaker 1: It's a very that has a very mixed reception. Like there's people that really love that game, and there's people that just don't.
Speaker 2: It's it's overly complicated and it's missing a lot of the charm and the characters. Uh that I'll fire. You know, Three Houses has Yeah, so I mean they do still kind of replicate like the house, like the like the school, but it's just like irregular base. Yeah, but it's just not yeah, just missing the charm of the three three Houses. Yeah, that's a great game. I mean I still want to I want to sealed copy of that thing a special edision. So yeah, it's quite I.
Speaker 1: Think everybody can figure out what my number one is. Chronicle three, the best of the unobeate Chronicles games, without a doubt, has an absolutely ridiculous story. And you know that DLC that they added, which is essentially like an expansion that just explains a lot of the other story things missing and ties all the numbered games together is also fantastic. But like three is just has maybe not like I still loves two's characters a little bit more, but three definitely has like the best cast overall, the best story overall, some of those moments maybe like shed Tears, the best combat in the series, just like the best world to explore. And it's ridiculous that that game runs on Switch. Absolutely ridiculous that game runs on Switch. Like Okay one is okay was originally on the Wii. It's remastered or you know whatever you want to term it, like remade, remaster. Dish two are chronicles exes from the WIU. There's a little bit of you know, magic that did with that game that obviously that is the most open world of the open world part of the game.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And that's ridiculous that that runs on Switch as well. But like two was a launch game and there was obviously problems with that game, they had to do a lot of patching that that was a launch window game for the Switch. But three, like for it to run so well and be so big and do all the things that it's like, it's insane how like Model is Off is just so good at making this work on an underpowered system. Obviously, you know they help with making Breath of the Volunteers of the Kingdom work as well, but it's just like they have this magic that they run on the sunne Bld series. That is incredible. They're supposed to work on another game that's not zonal play related that maybe that's gonna be one of the mystery games shown off with that June direct. They've been working on it for a while, so we'll see. But I wonder if what the next ZnO Blight game is going to be in that series now that officially, like this arc of the Cnalbliate is done. Also ridiculous that we've had this many We've actually had two Zeno Blade games in the time that we've had Ah, when Kingdom Hearts Week come out, was it like, okay, so we've had one Kingdom Hearts game in the time that we've had two Zenal Blade games and a remaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: There's that as well.
Speaker 4: But all right, that that's part one essentially of the switch We'll we'll look at more of like everything Switched to next week, like some games we might think get announced.
Speaker 1: At that direct, Like what I'm most looking forward to with switch to, you know what what we know is going to be the launch line of that kind of stuff, like what's coming in the Switch to all that. We'll talk about that next week, let's go ahead and finish the show out the way we usually do here with the games that are coming out now that we're in officially, and and also next week we'll officially be in June, so another month will have been completed here. Uh, for for us here in the in the podcast, or for you know, our whole everything where we're getting into. We're getting into the showcase season with June, with the release of the Switch to then we've got Summer game Fest, the Xbox thing. I guess you'd be so not doing anything because you know whatever. I also should have mentioned that Nintendo is also releasing four game Boy games on the Switch online Gradius, interstell of Assault, Kirby, Star Tracker, Uh, Survival Kids, and sort of Hope. So Survival Kids like a new version of servl Kids. I don't know what that is is coming launch with the switch or launch window, right, Uh, so that makes sense why this is coming. And then it's always good to have another Kirby game. Gradius is always never a bad thing. I don't know what sort of Hope is.
Speaker 2: I've heard crap.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kirby is like the Kirby game is like another Tetris okay type game. So there's there's that. As far as what's coming out this week, we have the AI Limit.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: That's another one of those like China Project games that this has got a little bit. This has got a bit of dark Souls combat in it with more of like an action e flair. I guess you could say sort of more like Berserker Kaison the way that that game went. So there's that, but it's obviously nowhere near as good as so take that for what you will. There's also a demo out on the PSN store, so I would say try it out there before you just go drop money on it. Cattle Country, another one of those like Farming Sims, also comes out the same day that I keep seeing like pop up in my feed to a t comes out on the twenty eighth. That's going to be on game Pass and you know you can bind anywhere. That's the newest like Enterpruna Joint game. The newest Fuga Melodies of Steel three, the furry RPG that is also coming out on the twenty ninth for PC. Nice Day for Fishing, which I just talked about on the show today, is coming out for PlayStation PC and Switch on the twenty ninth, as well spray paint simulators coming out of twenty nine, which that's also coming to game Pass. Yeah, Xbox with their love of simulator games, and elden Ring Night Rain is coming out at the end of this month. Here, all right, you're so you're officially not getting it right, You're not.
Speaker 2: I doubt it because Ens is pretty what he'sn't really interested and it's a co op holeague game, so.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised he's not getting you just to like play play with you since.
Speaker 2: It's because it's a three player co op.
Speaker 1: Oh right, yeah, so it's like it's either you play solo or you play with three players. But don't they let you play with like randos or you have to.
Speaker 2: Have Yeah, but you know, we don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: Okay, like one of.
Speaker 2: The guy that could invite, but he's in Germany literally oh there, yeah, yeah, but he's actually most of the time we were up anyway. But still like it's not great yep.
Speaker 1: And speaking of Twitch, that the Disney Illusion Island Switch game, which was really good, is actually coming to other platforms now on on May thirtieth. So cool, you're having that nostalgia for that Disney making like jumping around, you can do that. But all right, that's it for the episode today. Go check us out. If you enjoy what you watched or heard or whatever, you can definitely go check us out on podcasts or just subscribe to the YouTube channel. If you follow, like subscribe, all that you get to know when we do an episode. We'll be back next week with our look at Switch to whatever other news is coming on. If I if as long as I Switched Too doesn't get delayed, maybe I'll do the thing on Saturday where I talk about it, like first impressions and all that kind of stuff. If not, I'll just wait till we do the show the week after. But all right, so see you later, everybody,