Speaker 1: Okay, we're live on Instagram, YouTube and the iHeartRadio app joining us in the studio. Of course, it's Thursday, Tech Thursday is Marsha Collier. Marsha is always great to see you. And from what I understand, you were listening to the show on the way in.
Speaker 2: I was listening to the show and my eyes were opened up because you're so absolutely right, Tom Cruise. I mean, think about it. The man broke his leg and he was acting, right. He held onto a plane and he was acting. Now, I know people who can't chew gum and walk at the same time.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Look, it's as far as I'm concerned, it's the same as delivering your lines. You are still in character as part of your performance.
Speaker 3: Exactly, exactly.
Speaker 2: And I don't know of any other actor who has done quite all that, and not even close anyone. So I think we should come up with a hashtag that we should start here and now from the MOCLI show. Okay, and keep it up through the Oscar season. Yes, and hopefully everybody who's listening, you guys, use it. Let's spread it around if you're a fan of Tom Cruise, and let's get this going.
Speaker 3: He deserves it.
Speaker 1: We had talked about Tom Cruise the number four oscar.
Speaker 4: Right, Tom Cruise four oscar.
Speaker 1: That's going to be the hashtag that we're using going forward, and it'll track back to us. And when Tom gets his oscar he can think of that's right, he can talk about the online campaign started by later of Mokel. Shall we put it in the motown Yes, Carneia I think is doing it right now. Okay, Tom Cruise number four oscar.
Speaker 4: We got some time.
Speaker 1: We got some time to build it up. That hashtag out there, that's right. And I don't think people Mark, I don't think believe me. But I was being one hundred percent serious.
Speaker 3: No, and you are.
Speaker 2: And as I as I thought about it while we were driving here, he's absolutely right. I mean Tom Cruise, aside from being incredibly.
Speaker 4: Handsome, he all right.
Speaker 3: I mean that man has aged well, yes he has.
Speaker 2: But the point is in all his movies, I mean, even in Top Gun, even in everything he does, he acts and he's a believable character and we're sympathetic to that character.
Speaker 1: Never have I looked at the screen and said, oh, that's some stunt double They turned the back of the head.
Speaker 4: You don't get to actually see him. They cut it.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's cgi, that's not him on a motorcycle jumping.
Speaker 4: Off into a canyon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to look at it like, is he really doing that? Oh? Why?
Speaker 4: In every movie it's not like it's a special project.
Speaker 1: In every single movie, with exception of Top Gun Mavericks, they were not allowed to fly the Fa tens.
Speaker 2: But no, wonder he's such a pain in the butt on the set if he's that much of a perfectionist that he expects that much from himself.
Speaker 1: The story that I heard, and I was going over it with Twala, was that in Mission Impossible six, he's flying a helicopter in this canyon scene chasing after Henry Cavill near the end of the movie. Originally from what I was told, he was not going to be allowed by his stunt coordinator to actually fly the helicopter in like a dog fighting style. So Tom Cruise, who's not only the actor but also the executive producer and producer, he has some say in how the movie's gonna be laid out.
Speaker 4: He fired the stunt coordinator.
Speaker 1: Got someone who would get him some helicopter flight lessons, and when you see him in the movie.
Speaker 4: That's him flying the helicopter. Yes, I mean he said you said yes, Marsha Carler said kick ass on the radio.
Speaker 3: I mean that's it. That's having the balls to put your mind.
Speaker 4: You're worried about kick ass but not balls. Yeah. Well, I'm just messed with marsh Is on one tonight.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But really, Tom Cruise works it for the movies. I mean that he's the tempest storm of movies. And those who know who I'm talking about know what I'm talking.
Speaker 1: So you can see it on our YouTube chat. You can see it on our YouTube. But they say lower third.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Hashtag Tom Cruise number four Oscar, Tom Cruise for Oscar. We're starting it now. It's a real thing. We're going to make this happen. We want to make sure that Tom Cruise receives his flowers from the Motion Picture Academy this year.
Speaker 2: So if you're on Facebook X or anything and you see the paid promotion ads, start replying to them with your comment and our hashtag, and that will be our They'll know about us right away.
Speaker 4: Yes they will.
Speaker 1: And this is just my small contribution to the glorification of Tom Cruise.
Speaker 4: It's the least I could do. And also we talk about movies all.
Speaker 1: Time and the combination of technology, and I had to say this before we go to break. I don't know if there's eighty better deal than going to a movie with all these stunts and a budget of maybe two hundred and fifty million dollars and you pay twenty dollars to see that, right, I don't know if there's any.
Speaker 2: Better, Like how much entertainment can you get for twenty bucks?
Speaker 1: Not deservedly that if you think about, you're not doing anything except putting down your twenty dollars and sitting down.
Speaker 3: With a big barrel of popcorn.
Speaker 1: I'm partially to hot dogs, but okay, you're popcorn.
Speaker 4: I'm hot con.
Speaker 3: I love hot dogs too.
Speaker 4: I gotta have two hot dogs with just mustard and relish. That's it.
Speaker 1: No ketchup. I think Stephan likes ketchup on his hot dogs. I do see something wrong, right, It's just wrong. It's just wrong. No, it's wrong, it's wrong. But I'm a popcorn guy.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you have to be a popcorn guy. And you have lots of that fake butter on it.
Speaker 1: Yes, slathered Now, Mark Ronner and Twaller are going to see Mission and Pop Final Reckoning tonight at some god awful time like one in the morning.
Speaker 4: One in the morning.
Speaker 3: I just enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: You can't get on the fact that they're gonna come out at breakfast time. It's a whole new day, you mean cocktail out.
Speaker 2: We have decided at our house that we're going to make this a Mission Impossible weekend and see all the old ones.
Speaker 4: No, that's what I did start off the show.
Speaker 1: I've I rewatched all of them starting on Monday to have everything fresh in my mind. And I have a greater appreciation of the series now because there's a continuity, there's a levelab of quality which is constant.
Speaker 2: Exactly because he put it there. He put it there for us to see. He put in the effort. Let's take full advantage of this man's work.
Speaker 1: Hashtag Tom Cruise number four Oscar. Okay, we have to take a break, Marshall, Cary, will we come back. Can we actually talk about some tech?
Speaker 3: We have a little bit, but I'll go wild with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's later with moo Kelly. We're live on YouTube, Instagram, the iHeartRadio app. Remember hashtag Tom Cruise, the number four Oscar.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty KFI.
Speaker 1: It's Later with Mo Kelly. We're live on YouTube, Instagram, and the iHeartRadio app. It's Tech Thursday, so you know that means that Marsha carre joins us in studio. Marsha lastegment, we talked about Tom Cruise hashtag Tom Cruise four number four Oscar. Let's talk a little bit about tech.
Speaker 2: Well, I had all these pages, pages, pages pages of technology to talk about, and since we only have half the segment, I'm gonna go a little bit rogue. It seems that Apple has decided not to go ahead right away with their new VR glasses, I mean AR glasses.
Speaker 1: I could see that given the problem they had with their last iteration of AR goggles.
Speaker 2: Well, let me show you a pair of AR goggles that actually worked. I'm gonna take off my headphones. Okay, so these are Google glass I remember twenty thirteen. And there's a little screen up here where if you look at a sign it's in another language, it translates into English. You are lost, you call up a map on your phone, it'll come up here, you can follow the map, you can take movies. I did interviews with people with these that I used on the web, and these were truly ar.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that they did not catch on in the way that Google had hoped were? They are just genuinely too early for their time, ahead of the time, way too early. I mean, who would believe that this piece right here is a bone a sound condenser, so the sound goes through the bone in your head.
Speaker 2: You don't need an ear piece. I mean, how how far ahead? This was twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: And you look at what Meta's doing with their glasses now and you think Google just wrong place, wrong time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean people were afraid, weren't they. I mean people were afraid, Oh no, you're going to be taking my picture.
Speaker 1: Remember, oh I remember, Oh I remember? And it was a big thing. Now it's like, please take my picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They called us glassholes, Yes, it did. It was terrible.
Speaker 2: Her second class. I was in New York. I walked around New York. I walked around shining with these on it. This is true, AR, and it only weighs a few ounces.
Speaker 4: I wonder if Google is going to have some sort of updated version of that technology because Meta has leaned heavily into AR and also their glasses which have all sorts of multifunctionality, but not Google Apple we were talking about they have, but not Google. I wonder why I think.
Speaker 2: They should and I think they are because I know there is several industrial versions of Google glass that are used in machining and surgery for doctors to look and see inside bodies. I think it's still valuable. But do people want to walk around with something that look like this?
Speaker 3: I don't mind.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing, and I think that is the appeal and a lure of metas glasses in there. If I don't know, they have a partnership with ray Band, and from just first glance, they look like just a pair of ray band glasses, so you're not drawing attention to yourself.
Speaker 2: Except you know that those two little dots in the front are cameras that are going to take.
Speaker 1: But if you know what you're looking for, but the glasses themselves don't draw attention.
Speaker 2: I am a huge fan Bose as a pair of ray Band style glasses that are bluetooth that when I'm taking my walks, I can play my music through the sunglasses and to me, that's all I need. I don't need really to be taking pictures. I mean, this was nice with the maps and everything like this, but I don't really think they can do it in the right size and weight that people want, like in a ray band style glass. I mean this is they did it once. I don't know where the technology went. It's like we don't remember how we got to the moon.
Speaker 1: But you mentioned mentioned the weight. The weight doesn't matter. When we tried Apple's ar oh my goodness, it was felt like it was a boulder on our on our head, wrapped around our neck, and it was way too heavy.
Speaker 4: Uh so all those things really do matter. But I do believe it.
Speaker 1: More products are about timing, and there's a being a willingness by the public to adopt new technology. Now, people are willing to adopt ar goggles. Now, people are into where glasses, multifunctional glasses and what have you.
Speaker 4: You know, computer lenses.
Speaker 1: On some level, we're talking about Mission Impossible, and prominently featured in Mission Impossible is a contact lens, which is basically a shrunken down version of a Google glass. What Google glass could do. So we all know where the technology is actually headed. It's just whether we the general public, are willing to buy in.
Speaker 2: But this was in twenty thirteen and people were so I don't even know the word to use that. They put them down so badly, and they never really went public because people were so anti them.
Speaker 4: It's a different generation now.
Speaker 1: There's a literal different generation of tech buying people who are open to things now that we weren't ten twelve years ago. Now we use social media more than ever before less so in twenty thirteen, now had social media platforms, but they weren't integrated in every aspect of our lives professionally, personally like they are now.
Speaker 3: Well, what was.
Speaker 2: Really cool also on these glasses is I have a pair their sunglass lenses that you can snap into these and wear them like sunglasses. So this was the multipurpose thing. I don't know where Google, I believe in you. This was a great product. I don't know where you got it. You know, it's like probably hidden away somewhere, or you're planning something really big, but we're waiting for it.
Speaker 4: Marshall.
Speaker 1: You're a student of technology as I am, and if we remember how technology evolves, it's almost never the company which starts it, or invents it, or first publicizes it, which gets the greatest benefit from it. Like if I were to tell you Sailor phone, people probably think Motorola, where are they now? If I were to tell you music synthesizer, they would be moo, where are they now?
Speaker 3: Oh no, Motorola just came out with a new flip phone.
Speaker 4: Right, but they're not a market leader in any way.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: And as a matter of fact, Gemini we were going to talk about Android Google Io, which we will talk about next week. Serge A Brin, one of the founders of Google, showed up there for a panel discussion on Gemini AI and I have found Gemini AI. It's a little pushy, but it's for good.
Speaker 3: It's very good.
Speaker 1: Marshall Callier very quickly. How can people find you and also find your books?
Speaker 2: I am on the Dreaded X at Marsha Collier. I'm also on Facebook and Instagram and my books. Just search Marsha Collier on Amazon and you will be shocked. My current book is Android Smartphones for Seniors for Dummies, and it's really not just for seniors. It's for dummies.
Speaker 1: Marshall Callier, I told you off air, now I'm telling you on air. My mother loves you, loves hearing you on this show, and she watches us now because she watches the YouTube show on her smart TV. She lugs into the YouTube app and watches the show on her smart TV. And I think that's due in large part to the tech conversations that I've had with her through you, and she thoroughly enjoys her technology.
Speaker 2: We need to empower everybody to use the tech because it will improve your life.
Speaker 4: Marshall, See you next week, See you next week.
Speaker 1: It's Later with Mo Kelly Kim since forty five everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty