Speaker 1: I'm at my Greensboro studio today and I just realized they switched some stuff around here. So Ross and I are just playing with stuff. That's how that goes.
Speaker 2: Can you hear me? Now, I'm asking you, right.
Speaker 3: I can hear you. You're coming through? Is like are you speaking? It sounds like you're it's coming through. It as like Cambodian. Are you speaking Cambodian?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't speak Cambodian, but I've seen those I've seen like The Exorcist, and sometimes people start speaking languages.
Speaker 2: Man, push the second button on the left. That should fix it. You don't know what the board looks like here. Now it's Spanish. Okay, I'm here in Spanish. Do you want to hear some Spanish? No, you don't. It's my Spanish is very bad.
Speaker 1: But uh, it's the adventure of broadcasting anyway, all right, So we'll truck through. If you can hear me, I can hear you, and then I probably take some calls and we'll play with it during the break there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, everything looks right.
Speaker 1: And then I'm like, ah, some sounds funny, but maybe it's just because it's the Greensboro studio.
Speaker 2: So you know, there's there's there's that.
Speaker 1: So all right phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. As we get things rolling this morning, fighting technology as as we do. Let's see, all right, I mean it looks right. I don't I don't know what the heck the thing is going on?
Speaker 4: So is it?
Speaker 2: Okay? That's great?
Speaker 1: All right, Well we'll we'll like I said, we'll play with it a little bit during the during the break there there, poor Ross is getting absolutely blasted out.
Speaker 2: So let me just go.
Speaker 1: Let me just do the setup on just some of the stuff we're going to be talking about. I would like, oh, Quincy Jones died.
Speaker 2: Look at that ninety one.
Speaker 1: Sorry, just cracked open the the you know, that's so messed up. So Ross, they have this Ross can't respond to me. But so they have this story about the death of Quincy Jones, and then they have related stories. And the related story and I clearly see half the headline is Christopher Walking, the enimatic actor who defied the digital age. So when you see that as a as an additional story that is literally connected to the Quincy Jones is dead thing, that's just nasty. Because Christopher Walking did not die on the you know, with Quincy Jones. So now I have to go make sure that Christopher Walking isn't dead. Then I was thinking to myself, is Christopher Walking dead?
Speaker 2: And did he? Has he been dead? Or is he alive?
Speaker 1: And I don't know, but it does not appear according the article he is. It's just USA Today being a jerk with their related articles. Absolute monsters man. Thanks for that, all right? So with all that in mind, Oh goodness, so now it sounds fine, okay, us.
Speaker 2: Is having to tell me things literally via text here this morning.
Speaker 1: So I would like to point out the groundbreaking nature of this show. How many times have Ross and I talked about something and then boom, it's it's literally in the news. Well, I give you Peanut the squirrel, which the entire world lost their damn mind, and rightfully so, and people who would consider themselves crunchy granola kind of hippies had to get on Twitter and argue for the murder of a squirrel. It was like nothing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I don't get me wrong, I can't believe that Kamala eat that squirrel.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think she saw the success that Trump had with people talking about eating cats and dogs and just she wasn't plugged in on the story and she made a whole horrible mistake.
Speaker 2: So, Hi, have you ever eaten squirrel? By the way, I don't know. I don't imagine. It's like a very like it's like stringy meat. Yeah, it's not. It's not good. It's not.
Speaker 1: There's a reason that when people shoot squirrels are like, I'm gonna make a stew now right. You know, some smary can boil it out. I I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 1: I have a pretty high tolerance for wild game, and I've eaten some stuff like I've eaten bear. I eat bear and I like it. It's probably horrifying to some of you, but it's also a dominance thing to let the other bears know what's up, so keep them in line. I saw a crazy video over the weekend of this dude getting charged by a bear and making the shot. I retweeted it on the Twitter. If you scroll down you'll see it there and making the shot. Let me tell you, any guy going hunting in bear country, or what even going to hiking in bear country in their mind, if armed has run this scenario like bear charges me, I'm I'm not gonna be Leonardo DiCaprio, I'll tell you that much. I'm not getting violated by that bear. I'm gonna make that shot. And then if you have a bear charging you, that's the only true test. I'd ever been charged by a bear. I've been charged by a moose though, and I wasn't armed. And let me tell you, it's a terrifying damn thing because you're just look at You're looking at this thing that weighs, you know, like a like a light car, compact car, and it is.
Speaker 2: Honed in on you.
Speaker 1: And wants nothing more to do than just to trample you. And depending if it's got paddles on their JAMMI with those. So anyway, one of those weekends, so I would encourage Kamala to if you really want to exude dominance over Trump, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to make that shot.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to be Kamala the bear slayer.
Speaker 1: And then everyone who laughed at you when you said you owned a very generic glock which you shoot all the time, one, well, I shouldn't say that. You can get a ten mm now in the glock, which I think was a pretty good bear gun. But I suspect she wasn't talking about that. And that's you know why, because then you see how people act under pressure.
Speaker 2: I ran threatening nukesa Israel. What are you going to do?
Speaker 1: You're the one in charge, you wanted this job, Bear's charging you boom, both high stress situations. Hopefully something you can get worked out there. But any who, all right, so yeah, we will get into we get into that. We got lots of great sound this morning as well, and little football action, well football action yesterday, we'll have to get into. I just found out that football is still on. I had it was so weird, I must I messed like the last couple of weeks. I don't know, my brain was elsewhere. I just I didn't even realize they were still doing the NFL thing and so lo and behold, imagine how exciting I was when I or excited I was when I fired up the old computator yesterday and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, look at that.
Speaker 1: There's a bunch of game scheduled, and decided to, you know, spend my day doing that, watching the Cowboys lose the Falcons, watching the Patriots lose to the Titans, who gave all their good players away to Ross and other teams. Oh, the Eagles really got the high end of that with a j Brown.
Speaker 2: But oh in the.
Speaker 1: Minnesota Vikings and Buffalo Bills both getting it done. So good week in football. I guess unless you're a Cowboys or a Patriots fan, then maybe you should probably check out for the rest of the season. Oh wait, look at that, Boston Paul. Is that you don't eat beer, you drink it. What I even know what he's talking about? Or maybe he's just telling telling everyone what he's doing this morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know.
Speaker 1: What, you got an extra hour to do it. That's what I know, got an extra hour to do it. This is the best of the time changes for radio guys and anyone else who gets up this early in the morning. So very excited, and it will be almost meaningless to the sleep cycle. Oh yeah, oh oh, I see, I see. It's a joke for beer versus bear all. Boston Paul, what do you how do you think you'd handle a bear charge? Be straight up with me, right, you can't because you can't night stick the bear, tase it, and then make up a charge of disorderly conduct. Right, so you know They're like, that's out. Bear doesn't. Bear's not shown up for court anyway. Right, you can't just call yeah, no, he was resist up resisting, right, you can't. That's not an option here. I have to You're gonna have to deal with it, my man. All right, So that got off on a random, weird start. But that's okay, we'll figure it out, all right, coming up, Well, let me do this. Well, we'll go ahead and take a break and we'll just dive into the sound, shall we. We'll do it next here on the CaCO Day radio program. Of course, the the squirrel at the epicenter of the one of the more I always say, blatant big government, absolute wtfs, like like what do you guys sing? And it's, by the way, it's not even this because again I watched a bunch of people in this constant effort to you have to put You gotta stake it out and figure out how you're gonna handle this. And you can only align with whatever your party dogma is argue for the murder of a squirrel. People who frankly probably don't are are vegan. Have you had vegans arguing for the murder of a squirrel? That's how broken we are in our ability to look at stuff. Now is was there a violation in the state of New York with him having possession of that wild squirrel? And the answer is maybe, maybe there is an opportunity if you run an animal rescue to be able to do that. He does run one, but he didn't always And I don't know, But can we agree what you're about to hear as far as how the process goes or went for these folks is way outside the bounds of whatever. That would be the honest argument or discussion, right, Like, why would you mobilize what sounds like a like a like a a Seal Team six operation or a you know, a car Tell style drug raid. Why would you bring all those people? Why would you do the way that they're going to describe that this thing was done. If you think the guy is in violation of some sort of statute having to do with a possession of a what is deemed a wild animal, go over there with a couple folks and you know, figure out the situation and action needs to be telling Like, the guy doesn't sound unreasonable, He doesn't sound like somebody who'd like, oh yeah, let me run oh yeah, let me go grab my wallets in the back room. And then you hear a window opening right and you're like, oh, we should have positioned somebody behind the house. And it's just him running with the square like that doesn't strike me as what you'd see here. The guy has raccoon, he's got horses, all sorts of stuff. So this guy is standing there, he's with his uh, with his wife. I don't know if it's his wife or his girlfriend. She can't even talk. She's in tears, and he's explaining what happened on that day, and you have to hear it.
Speaker 5: It not only tears my family apart, but Peanut was the cornerstone of our nonprofit animal rescue and ten to twelve dec officers rated my house as if I was a drug dealer.
Speaker 6: I was sat outside my house for five hours. I had to get a police escort to my bathroom. I wasn't even allowed to feed my rescue horses breakfast or lunch. I was sitting sat there like a criminal. After they interrogated my wife to check out what immigration status, then proceeded to ask me if I had cameras in my house, then proceeded to go through every cabinet, nook and cranny of my house for a squirrel in a raccoon.
Speaker 5: They got a search warrant, they got a search warrant, four departments and a judge signed off on a search warrant for a squirrel in a raccoon. And then they took them and killed them.
Speaker 1: That's and then people are like, ah, you're lying. Didn't know, No, they youthanized. They themselves said they euthanized it. Now they then put out a statement and said that they had to because it bit one of the people, and so once it bit them there, but it was clear they were going to euthanize it anyway, because that's what the statute required. Well, I shouldn't say required, that's what normal practiced, that's normally how it was done. Now you're dealing with a quote unquote celebrity. I guess here you sa you know it's gonna get some pub and I don't know. And the State of New York isn't always consistent in their application of the law, as you probably realized. So I don't know, but you sent twelve agents. You sat the dude there like you're doing a high like a like a felony. Uh stop, you're all you're all kitted out running around there over a squirrel and a and a rack in the raccoon they seized as well, and then you're you're you take him to the executioner right away. The only way to get a proper police response, probably in the state of New York, is to either be be this guy or I say proper, I should stay a big police response, or be anything having to do with Trump. And then you can have CNN standing by randomly waiting outside Roger Stone's house at three in the morning so they could film everything that you're doing. That's how you get it a big response. Oh and if you're diddy, but it feels like he may have earned that. Yeah, they go in and you make all the comparisons. They went in more aggressively than they went into.
Speaker 2: Who's the guy.
Speaker 1: The not the not the mayor, but his underleaning got busted.
Speaker 2: I can't remember his name.
Speaker 1: They went in and they thought that guy had all the communications for a grandiose, almost rico styles prosecution for Adams and others up there, and maybe they do, maybe they don't.
Speaker 2: And they went on.
Speaker 1: They went and they literally had like two guys just grabbed the dude and then they didn't even go in and search right away.
Speaker 2: That's where all the phone stuff developed.
Speaker 1: It was a whole thing, and it was just strange, But it wasn't strange when you consider you know, you're dealing with mayor and the City of New York and they're very powerful and all that, and no, and they're like, fit, let's go after a squirrel. So then the question became they weren't hiding the squirrel. It had its own all the it had its own social media channels and was very very out there. I didn't realize that I had seen a video of this squirrel before, but I saw a little montage they did as part of a package, and I saw a video there, and I realized that that I had seen that video before.
Speaker 2: So that was the extent that I knew that. So how do they how do they get there?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Couple theories emerged. One just mass reporting Internet trolls doing their thing, right. They thought they did it for lolls. They thought it would be funny, so they all got on there, like dose guys keep a wild animals. It's crazy, absolutely crazy. And remember the thing he's keeping is is a squirrel that lives indoors. It's not a What was that snake that got out and caused people caused panic across the trio? It was a zebra, was a zebra cobra or whatever.
Speaker 2: It was called.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they had as many people on zebra cobra uh intervention then versus the squirrel man. And I remember, remember we were reading about that cobra and You're just like, Oh, those things just more horrible every time you find out more about it. It's like, oh, doesn't even have to bite you. You can just spit venom into one of your orifices. What angry God made that thing?
Speaker 7: So what?
Speaker 1: But then watching this family just break down over it, it's like, who would do this? And then and I'm not gonna I'm not gonna get into her name because I in no way, shape or form does this seem to be confirmed in any way. But I then was reading a story yesterday about a woman who something may have done it and did it because and I'm not making this up. According to the reporting, now, this is just her friend quoting what she said. Doesn't necessarily mean she did it, but got into some beef because she was mad that the squirrel was more popular on Instagram than her. What kind of crazy world are we living in if that even remotely could be true?
Speaker 2: And again, I don't know that it.
Speaker 1: Is some but that's it. You're the You're queen of the Karens. Let's see you win. According to again, this her ad or some of the stuff she said is sourced, but as what she said, but in no way, shape or form, is even her friend's a legend. She was the one who'd done it. So people are they're saying that she she sounds like she did, but they have not. They don't have the lynch pin there. But according to her friend, she she had been angry in a previous conversation the squirrel had more Instagram followers that she than she did, and she boasted that maybe she'd quote turned the little rat in.
Speaker 2: Take it for what it's worth.
Speaker 1: That's why people think it was her, because she was jealous of a squirrel.
Speaker 2: How many pets do you ross?
Speaker 1: How many pets do you think have more social media following than this show? A gazillion pets do really well. Here's the thing. If you want to do well on the internet, you need to be a pet or a big chested twenty something year old with with no father around.
Speaker 2: I was about to say, like pets, babies or boobs. Yeah, yeah, any of that would be any of those.
Speaker 1: And by the way, peanut not only was his father not around, his mother died in front of him. They kill it there, So you just run around masks reporting, just mass reporting any of the animals, poor giry, what do you think you have it a grumpy cat?
Speaker 2: I was doing that. This is what I was thinking. I was explaining this to my mother because she wanted to explain. She'd like explained to me the peanut thing, like oh wow, yeah, right in her backyard.
Speaker 3: Imagine the feds sound like, you know, like a swat team or whatever to grumpy Cat's house because it hasn't gotten his temper shots, you know. Yeah, we find it finally in the house and then they corner it in. Grumpy cat hisses and they're like put it down. Yeah, yeah, that's pretty fair.
Speaker 1: And and so when they came and by the way, then when they came out with the rabies thing too, do you know how many squirrel do you how many squirrels have have rabies? I know what you're thinking you're like, I can't even imagine. No, no, no, no, there's a number. There's a number. It will surprise you. The number of positive rabies tested squirrels in the United States on record doesn't mean it's the all of them, but these are the ones where they're confirmed.
Speaker 2: Nine nine. That's not this month, that's not even this year.
Speaker 1: That's the number of squirrels that have been officially officially found to have contracted rabies. For whatever reason, squirrels just don't get all rabied out and they're like that, we got.
Speaker 2: To kill it. They kill it right now.
Speaker 1: So look, I don't know what it got up to, but I know that if you were the person that turned them in, who the hell are you, what are you doing with your life? And whether it was over jealousy of followers, as one story contends, or just people on the internet who do this stuff to think, like, I think that's a far more logical theory. By the way, a bunch of the same guys that would swatch you during a video game because they think it's hilarious mass reporting a squirrel because they think it's hilarious. So that's so at that point it comes down to, well, What are they going to.
Speaker 2: Do with it?
Speaker 1: What are the FEDS or the state officials or whomever you're having to deal with, How are they going to go about handling it?
Speaker 2: And in this case, it sounds like they went in heavy.
Speaker 1: Why now suddenly did they show up with a search warrant and take these animals?
Speaker 5: We having a clue. We don't know who made the complaints. Again, Peanut was an indoor squirrel, not harming anybody. He's been with us for seven years. Not a single complaint was ever filed for this animal. We had him for seven and a half years. He became the world's most famous squirrel. We weren't hiding him by any means. He was all over TikTok. He became the first scrol on TikTok to ever hit a million followers. He did every new station around the world. He's helped people, He's helped kids gather joy. And then we started a nonprofit animal rescue called Peanuts Freedom Farm to help animals like Peanut fight a good fight when they're in a neglected case or they're sitting in a slaughter auction. And he was the cornerstone of our life and our organization. We used his platform to help raise money for the three hundred animals we have at our sanctuary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a monster hump, Get rid of that thing.
Speaker 1: Regardless of how I've had to watch people operate in you know, purported adults operate in discussing this story where they're like, ah, no, I'm glad they murdered that squirrel because and then they can't they couldn't even tell you why. They're just really happy. It's not because they're sticklers for the letter of the law. You can't live in the state of New York and feel that there is equal application of law there. You're one of the cornerstones of You'll do things however you want and uh, it'll look really political and you don't care do it anyway, because that's kind of power you have. That's that's the power afforded to you and abused way too often. No, no, no, I think like a lot of things recently, and getting away from the squirrels stuff, but a lot of things, especially in what's going on with the election and just some of the issues out there, where you've gone so far outside the bounds of what normal people perceive the laws were either intended for or the way you should act, or what it is you're you're you're justifying whether it's uh, you know, a six foot four, two hundred and forty pound starting college basketball player who used to be a dude and now plays for a women's team and throws elbows to the point where a woman's face, her nose is almost pushed in, killing her, and you're like, oh, this is good, this is fine. People revolt on that. They look at what happened with the Democratic non primary and they revolt on that, and they look at you murdering a squirrel in a tiny cowboy hat.
Speaker 2: I dare you to line.
Speaker 1: Up ten women across all socioeconomic, race, age, whatever, non bitey who cares ten, put ten of them in a room, bring a squirrel in wearing a tiny cowboy hat and blow its brains out, and tell me how many of them want to be your friend.
Speaker 2: After that, you tell me what's going on. I'm picking up. And here's why I'm singly now.
Speaker 1: Women for this point is because it's it's the only thing holding together a lot of this big government bureaucracy stuff, and more specifically, especially stuff on the left.
Speaker 2: You can look at the polling on this. That is the core.
Speaker 1: There's the bedrock of big government is liberal white women. Those are the numbers. Liberal white college educated women are the bedrock of left wing politics and big government style politics because they're the ones that get them in there and keep them in there.
Speaker 2: You get you bring.
Speaker 1: Ten of them in, go right down to the farmer's market next to the granola shop or whatever. Round them up at a prius, bring him to the studio. Walk the squirrel in with tiny cowboy hat, blow its brains out, and tell me how many of them are still on your team, because I feel like the answer is not going to be all ten if people are being honest with themselves, and lord knows, it shouldn't be six fifty two. Hang on, So let's talk about Daisy, shall we. Daisy is technic is the technical name. I don't know if you know this that even commercials have names. I guess you probably do nowadays with everything digitally streaming, like you know that episodes of shows have individual and even commercials do. And so a commercial called Daisy, which is referred to by as Daisy Girl sometimes that aired as part of Lyndon Johnson's presidential campaign, and by the way, his opponent, who obviously he was successful over Barry Goldwater. Also is the first instance that we can find of the network's group labeling somebody a fascist or hitler. Barry Goldwater got that treatment, so a big groundbreaker in the modern age there. But Johnson's campaign created this ad where you got a little girl in a field picking, do you know, counting the pedals, and all of a sudden, now she's you know, she's a Hiroshima ghost or whatever they call it. And it was it was eye opening how fear mongering and stark it was. It was also very successful, probably, but when they put together lists of commercials political commercials where it is one hundred percent fear mongering and they always rank these late, it's good daisies.
Speaker 2: First I I heard it.
Speaker 1: There is a crazy ad that a pack's running now against uh Trump, Vance, but really against Vance and Elon. And I saw this thing yesterday. Obviously I sent over to Ross and the packet. Ross, have you ever dubbed a crazier fear mongering political ad.
Speaker 2: In doing this this this work, I've never.
Speaker 1: Seen one like this compared to this, I don't think so, not a real one, I sure, yeah, like some parody stuff, not a real one.
Speaker 2: Are you ready for this?
Speaker 1: And it's really again, it's not even really a Trump attack. That's what's so crazy about it. They are laser focused on uh the uh you know, the eventuality of Vance, you know, And what it tells me to is Vance going on Rogan Vance doing these sit down interviews where he's contentious but not impolite, and people getting a spoonful of him.
Speaker 2: I think that they realize that he's he.
Speaker 1: Started pulling better, a lot better, and it terrifies them because now if you've accepted the eventuality on the Democrat side, where you think your team's gonna lose because of you know, everything that went on there on the presidential and you realize Trump willlands one more term left, the busy work starts now. I will tell you right now, if Trump gets in office, they'll go after him.
Speaker 2: But JD.
Speaker 1: Vance will be one of the most famous vps just from a media mentioned standpoint.
Speaker 2: Dude, this campaign took a turn after that VP debate.
Speaker 1: Yes, did you did you ever watching any of the Rogan Vance interview?
Speaker 3: I watched the whole thing, just clips on X Man and he's just he's so impressive Yeah, it was such a normal dude, you know what I mean, that's and that's the thing, and he and politicians will try to do that. I would prefer if you're not a normal dude, you're a politician, you're very wonty, right.
Speaker 1: Just be yourself. I don't bet so people don't mind that necessarily. You know, we think it's a cult of personality, and it is to some extent.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's no denying it, especially.
Speaker 1: With Trump, But in a in a in a in a race where it's it's less, it's less about cult of personality, and it's just about competence. Like your only job is to make people not think that we're turning into the purge. If your boss gets shot, that's your job. That's what they want to know. So if if you're going to start kneecapping Vance, who probably will would will probably be the Republican nominee next time around, barring something crazy. Uh, they're going to go to work on Vance. Now the real work begins now. So with that in mind, And this thing's long. If I got the longer version is the shorter version, but I'm gonna play the whole thing. Buckle up for this I promise Asimov couldn't have imagined things that are going to be alleged in here.
Speaker 2: Ready go.
Speaker 8: We weren't always like this. We had a beautiful life.
Speaker 2: Killing squirrels, best parties, squirrel killing parties, the most beautiful friends to watch me kill squirrels.
Speaker 8: Just another election. Oh so a lot of us didn't vote, why bother.
Speaker 2: Everyone knew the squirrels to kill.
Speaker 8: Oh many of us even voted for them. I know it sounds crazy now, but we didn't like Democrats back then. We were angry about the back mistakes and how they handled the war and Goauzet and the way they wanted to censor free speech on the internet.
Speaker 2: They want on a question of obedience.
Speaker 8: So what did we end up doing? We voted?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: So right now, right now, hold on, man, hold on for your say you're thinking that's that. You know, the squirrel jokes might be fine, but like, what is that? She's explaining what's happening where you have even Democrats that are crossing over to vote for Republicans. All right, so that's the scene center, How did we get here? And wait till you hear what here is.
Speaker 8: Good for the guys who openly said they wanted to imprison dissenters and use the military against their political opponents. So yeah, you were wrong on that big time.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go.
Speaker 8: When Trump got sick and died, Vance was thirty nine years old when he became president thirty years later. He's still president today, and with the Supreme Court on his side, they gave him dictatorial powers. They took away women's reproductive rights, outlawed contraception, and removed the minimum wage. Then we had repression of dissent, AI surveillance of everything we did or said on a level we couldn't imagine. The government under Vance, Peter Teele and Elon Musk set up concentration camps for illegal immigrants, then legal immigrants, than even homeless people. They finally admitted climate change was real, but it was too late.
Speaker 1: All right, all on, just where we get there's more, but I want you to understand where we are.
Speaker 2: Listener, a quick recapper.
Speaker 1: So Trump got sick, he died, he's out right, Vance is in Vance. Then they have an Ai Vance with a gray old ban beard. Just if you watch Civil War, he looks like the president in that movie, which I'm sure that's exactly what they were going for. And he's up there, and Elon Musk is there and Peter Teele and they're just they're just they're just running rough shot. And they opened these concentration camps and they executed anyone here illegally, anyone who disagrees. Then they started just killing the homeless for stuff to do. Apparently, you know, at least they moved on from squirrels.
Speaker 2: I guess, right.
Speaker 1: And that's still not the craziest thing that you're going to hear, because I know what you're thinking. You're like, oh, that sounds horrible, but at least they'll die eventually, right, can't keep that up forever.
Speaker 8: Florida sink into the Gulf, and the West burned, and cities across the country became unensurable then uninhabitable. Musk and Teal poured all of our resources into artificial intelligence so they and their friends could become immortal. I don't know what happened to them.
Speaker 2: Well, they're mortal, so nothing.
Speaker 8: But I know what happened to us.
Speaker 2: First, I would watch that movie. Signed me up?
Speaker 1: What is what is that coming out? That's the most original idea? What you left as Hollywood Moon mats have ever had.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: It sounds like fall out New Vegas, like to turn. Elon turned himself into mister House. I don't know the words. I don't know what any of these words bean.
Speaker 1: But yes, what Ross just said, he turned himself into an immortal AI super bean. I mean, yeah, sucks for you. I guess it sucks for all of us. And and let me let me let me all a branch if I could. I also don't want politics or quasi I guess connected poloty. I don't want the government to turn to create AI super beans of themselves for the purpose of unending dictorial rule.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm I'm team on this. But what what do you tell? What the hey?
Speaker 1: What do you use the life force from the migrants you're executing to add time to the clock? Like, how does any of this work? So again, recapper Trump dies, dvance goes full dictator, never leaves. Thirty years later, now we find out he's never never leave him because him and Elon decided they were gonna be AI immortal super beans. Which, by the way, if your Elon once you make yourself one, why bother? You can just wait everybody else out, So get out and vote.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Souls to the polls before the souls are being used to enhance Mortal AI super beans. That took your your condoms away or whatever. So I'm sorry, Daisy, I'm sorry, little girl. Sorry Lennon Johnson's sixty four campaign over Barry Goldwater. But you're not in the top spot anymore Cuz holy hell, that thing we just listened to seven seventeen hang on, one thing to that insane ad we just played for you with the AI Mortal super Beans and the concentration camps.
Speaker 2: One more thought.
Speaker 1: We're gonna grab a call and then we're gonna we're gonna open the political floodgates and I'll explain the rules surrounding that and how we can hear from some of the folks who are vying for your vote coming up in just a few But here's the last thing I want to add on that commercial, which again is available at Casey on the radio, so you can go rewatch it there, scroll down you'll see it. And I'm one of those and I mean it when I say this. I want people to register to vote. The more people who participate in it, who participate in it. Honestly, I'm not talking about people in back rooms trying to manipulate the way they're run, like you know, Josh Stein and others. I mean that actually, like that is a good thing. Even they don't have to agree with me, don't have to agree with me, if you can just be reasonable. However, if you find yourself listening to that ad, well it motivates you in any way, shape or form to do anything, then you shouldn't be voting. You're too dumb. Okay, it's not quite repeal the nineteenth. I'm not going there. What I'm saying is if you listen to that ad and you go, oh my gosh, that's gonna happen. If I don't support Democrats, I'm going to the polls now. If that's the only thing that motivates you, or whatever puts you over it, then don't vote.
Speaker 2: You're too dumb. That is.
Speaker 1: I know that goes against all of the messaging you here. It's like, now everyone should vote, not that person. That person should sit around trying to bite their ear like a lunatic or something like. That's how you should spend your day, not casting ballots. Challenge me on that and then show somebody to add you know why, because they're gonna go He's probably right, that's probably right.
Speaker 2: All right, Jake, what's up real quick?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 10: That uh squirrel didn't didn't Ron bergerty do a thing about the squirrel?
Speaker 11: Uh not jet king but water sking waters? Yeah, yeah, people.
Speaker 10: Didn't have a problem with that, and not to mention, uh, people have a problem or less of a problem with pitbulls eating people's phases.
Speaker 2: I don't know that people are pro pitbull leading people's face. I don't know. Maybe if it's a really I.
Speaker 9: Didn't stacking that kid.
Speaker 11: They got saved by cat.
Speaker 2: No, that's true.
Speaker 1: Well cats are, that's there, they're their own satans, sir, So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: All right? Fair enough?
Speaker 1: And by the oh sorry, Remember the water skiing squirrel was the one from America's Funniest Home Videos. I think it was like the one that won the first like million dollar prize, right, or maybe it wasn't the first one, but I do know, ross you know what happened to that squirrel. They took him out in a field they had painted a red X there, and they executed them with a mortar for water skiing on video that was in It was the dvancea AI superbots that did it.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: All right, so let me set the ground rules and we'll get this exercise underway. So from now and then all three hours of tomorrow's show is as we lead into the election tomorrow, we provide an opportunity for candidates who are on ballots in our listening area.
Speaker 2: No offense to our Virginia listeners. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And if you're right up on the border, fine, But like I got an email from a guy who's clearly in DC, and I'm glad that she strained the show. But it's id. You're not moving the needle. So nothing personal. But if you're within our broadcast range and you're on on the ballot, running for Congress, running for state house, uh, and you want a few minutes, we're here for you. Phone numbers eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. But the way it's gonna work is like this, and you should appreciate it, is you call in Ross and the team will be verified.
Speaker 2: Ross.
Speaker 1: You got the team standing by, everybody ready to go, got the phone banks. Okay, all right, they're gonna He's got his own method. He's gonna verify that it's you, okay, cause because I look, we don't want your opponent calling out and be like, no, I'm Mike, my opponent, I'm him, and I love executing.
Speaker 2: Squirrels in cowboy hats. It's the thing, all right.
Speaker 1: So we're trying to prevent that, and we'll just have a quick little convo. Okay, very simple, But don't call and schedule. It's not if you want to. If you want on the air, you call. You get in line with everybody else because you are a man or woman of the people and you want to talk to the people, and that's you know, we can help you do that. Monday Tomorrow's election day, and everybody's lost their collective minds. I watched somebody whose poll is the topic of discussion today in Iowa do a radio or do a TV interview, and she was unable to remember what the abbreviation R and D meant in her own polling. Now, I don't think she's ever conducted a poll. I think they just hand her internals and she does that.
Speaker 2: Ross. You nerd out on poles a lot more than I do.
Speaker 1: You saw this, You saw this, this the woman there from Iowa with this poll that's I don't know, just doesn't feel right in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: Like you watched the same thing.
Speaker 1: Did she look like somebody who's spent decades doing polling?
Speaker 3: No, it makes no sense if she got to that point, You're like, how could you not know what the D and R means in your cross tabs? Like it makes no sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the whole thing, But that doesn't mean that everything is the presidential or you know, your local house race. A whole lot of stuff on the ballot, a lot of I think most of them. Most of us have early voted or something. It's crazy the numbers and so I mean you got bond referendum stuff. I saw some of those on mine and and yeah, so there's a lot going on. So we provide this opportunity rather reaching out to everybody on the SUN because we broadcast in a crap ton of a big geographic footprint between the two stations. So we leave it up to you so that I'm not I don't have to deal with equal time stuff because I am equally offering the opportunity R or D. If you can figure out what those mean, good on you or I for that matter, and you want to call in, that's what we're here for.
Speaker 2: Just you know, be a race. It's on a ballot.
Speaker 1: That our listeners care about, or at least a portion of them. And we'll chat for a few minutes. And remember every candidate that comes on, uh, we we're gonna figure out where you where you're at on the summary execution of tiny hatted social media stars. Squirrels, China doesn't execute as fast, so uh better have an answer for that. So to kick things off, all right, Uh, Wake County Commissioner candidate Jacob Arthur, Jacob, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 10: Hey, good morning, go how you doing?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: Although you know, we got we gotta know what's going on with the uh with your squirrel.
Speaker 2: Position, sir. So that's first, I'm pro squirrel.
Speaker 1: You're pro okay, not pro executing squirrel with a swat team just in general. You don't even have to like squirrels because sometimes they eat wiring and stuff.
Speaker 10: But holy hell, yeah yeah pro squirrel here all.
Speaker 1: Right, But but it speaks to a bigger issue, and that is the behemoth that you know, especially as a people don't realize the amount of power that County commissioners have even though they can clearly see where it's impacted their life a many, many, many times. So let's talk about that. What do you see because we've seen a dramatic shift in the wake County Commissioner's board. It went from all are to all d and they picked up a lot of steam. What's your assessment of what they're doing and how do you keep in that position from having a bureaucracy form that no longer is working in the best interest of the people that they serve.
Speaker 2: So give me that very long question, but you're answer on it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'll give you a short's answer as I can. We haven't had a Republican on the Board of Commissioners since twenty fourteen. These races have been county wide. They've been at large races for a long time. This year is the first year that we've actually gone back to races by district. So if you're in District six, you're the only one that gets to vote in your district this year. I just want to note that my opponent, Commissioner Thomas, opposed going back to district races. Only the reason she opposed that is because she only won her race inside the district by two thousand voats last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's I.
Speaker 1: Want people to understand how sketchy this was what they did. And I'm sorry to interrupt you, but they have so what they did with it used to be, you know, you had your district and that's how people I still think some people think that's how it works. But you have the district. But even though the person is from quote unquote that district, everybody in Wait County voted. So if you have a blue county but you have red portions, it's a really effect.
Speaker 2: California does this.
Speaker 1: It's a very effective way of making it so that you will never get another r in there. And the first time they made the change, they flipped the county commissioner's district to all d within two cycles and it was just done at that point. So this is a return to what I think most people assume that these races should be.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think your local representatives best represent their constituents when they're held accountable locally. Every one of these commissioners that's on the board right now won their races by over one hundred thousand votes. Raleigh and Kerry have basically controlled the Board of Commissioners since twenty fourteen. Your areas that are more tend to be more right leaning, more conservative. The outskirts of Wake County have no representation on the board right now. And what we've seen in that time is taxes go up every year continually. Even if they lower the tax rate, the taxes have still gone up because of your property values. You've seen spending increase. Just in the last four years, we've gone from a budget of like one point four billion to over two point one billion dollars. We're spending four hundred million dollars a year just servicing the interest on the county debt. And to top that off, they're putting a bond on your ballot that you mentioned a minute ago in Wade County for one hundred and forty two million dollars. The lifetime expenditure of that bond is a quarter of a billion dollars. And I don't think people realize what they're doing when they vote for these bonds is they're voting to give the Board of Commissioners the ability to continue to tax them forever. And we don't have anybody on the board representing an alternative view, you know, I would love to see property taxes go away. If your if your house, if your home is not in the marketplace, I think it's a moral to be taxing you on it. Now, if you sell your house, okay, we can tax that. It's the same issue with property taxes, of vehicle taxes, things like that. I just find it a moral to be taxing property that's not in the marketplace. Spending is out of control. You know, our sheriff's office, they they they every every department puts in a request in the budget which can crime go up in Wait County, And over six million dollars that was requested by the Sheriff's office was not approved this last cycle in the budget.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what do we need? What do we need those guys for right and to be fair?
Speaker 2: To be fair?
Speaker 1: If they if that had been a moral stance based on the absolute corruption that the last sheriff was undertaking, which I think is undeniable at this point, especially with this million dollar penalty and all the rest of the stuff, Like if that was the reason they were one to cut off funny because I thought it was being mishandled. But it's nothing as virtuous as that. It's about a disdain for law enforcement. Jacob, let me just real quickly, get your your website or social media or whatever, folks want to go learn more about you.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you can go to my website. It's Jacob arthurfullweake dot com. It's the word for not the number, Jacob Arthur fullweight dot com. I'm on. You can find me on Facebook and Twitter as well. And I just want to note to all the Republicans who haven't voted yet and these unaffiliated voters who who are looking for an alternative option that haven't voted yet. In my district, the Democrats have already turned out percentage wise sixty the high sixties to the low seventies of their voter base, so they've already got those high numbers out. So I'm encouraging everyone if you haven't voted yet, please get out and vote. If you want to have somebody fighting for your positions of lower taxes, lower spending, and responsible spending, you've got to get out and vote because we can flip it, but we've got to have the numbers to counteract what the Democrats have already done.
Speaker 1: I'd say Canada, Jacob Arthur sixth district Wake County Commissioner candidate.
Speaker 2: And then I would.
Speaker 1: Add also, if you like forever taxes, then maybe don't vote for Jacob So I.
Speaker 2: Like those, right?
Speaker 1: I got a yeah squirrel? Hey did you wear a squirrel button? If you're gonna go to the polls tomorrow and do one of those photo ops?
Speaker 7: But I may thanks guys, all right.
Speaker 1: Cool, cool, have a good one there. Yeah, man, that get that squirrel photo op in. Oh that's good. Oh the morning continues. All right, Well, let's let's chat real quick with Jeff Eno from the Weather Channel. I'm having to do this in a different way. It is Monday, sir. That's all i'll say about that. How you doing.
Speaker 7: I'm good man, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: We've got mostly cloudy skies and you know, temperature wise, not too bad today. A little bit of high pressure that's coming in kind of from the north, bringing in a little bit of a cooler field. But things are going to change when that moves off shore two hour north. We'll get up to seventy today tonight, mostly cloudy. In fifty six tomorrow we'll bump it up to seventy seven, mostly sunny skies up. Pull a round, eighty for Wednesday, mostly cloudy, straight hours are possible. Then we start to cool down a little bit as we move towards the end of the work week. As a frontal system, we'll be coming through midweek and not a lot of brain associated with it. Just maybe those straight hours Wednesday, possibly again Thursday.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jeff, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: We'll talk talking an hour, sir, and who knows, maybe even the comers will work.
Speaker 2: We'll think, I agree, thank you. I have a good one there.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, coming up on the show again if you're a candidate today and then you know, all three hours of the show tomorrow, we have the opportunity to do what Jacob just did.
Speaker 2: Paulin.
Speaker 1: I'll have a little conversation. What do we talk about? Well, you got to answer the squirrel thing and then whatever I want. But I feel like probably some important stuff for voters, and that could be achieved at eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. If Josh Stein and Mark Robinson want to call in. We didn't coordinate with Mark, even though we easily could, because this is how we're we're putting it out there. Ross will go through a verification with you and we'll have a quick little conversation. Okay, So phone's open for that, and if you just want to talk about any of the stories. And when we come back, we'll get a call or two and we will get into more of the audio from the weekend that was. We got Tim Walls, Joe Biden, and some pretty interesting happenings on some of the news panel shows. All that more coming up. Case O Day Radio program, seven fifty two kc O Day Radio Program. Let's grab a couple of calls, and then Joe Biden may have just threatened some of dudes with something. And I'm not sure what. I don't know, I don't presume. I'm not going to interpret. I don't speak Bidenese sometimes, but I feel like it was a threat and a rather weird one. I'll play it for you here in a moment, but first let's go to the phone's Chad, you're up first.
Speaker 9: Heay, Casey, Hey, hey, listen, I was growing up in my younger days also.
Speaker 13: Rate the squirrel from a little thing that was out to die, and yeah, actually raised.
Speaker 11: It up and took it to school with me, and.
Speaker 7: It was calm goo collected.
Speaker 11: We got along with all the kids.
Speaker 4: Teachers actually made me take it home and leave it because it was called them the distraction in school.
Speaker 2: Then the principal executed it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, nothing like that.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say, in comment to the rating thing.
Speaker 10: If it is somebody that was worried about ratings, congratulations by you doing this.
Speaker 7: He just tripled that squirrel's ratings. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was Instagram followers.
Speaker 1: And again I don't I don't know they confirmed that story or if that chick was just running her mouth and her friends or I don't know, but it's bonkers to me.
Speaker 2: And thanks for the caller. It's bonkers to me.
Speaker 1: All right, So look at that. So the guy brought a squirrel to school. I don't know necessarily the year. I can see that happen in Wyoming in the nineties when I was going to high school, and they're like, now, you can't have that here. And then he took it home and so they had they had an adult conversation with somebody I guess it is not even an adult at that point, and they handled it without having to, uh, you know, guillotine the squirrel. And for those of you going, ah, that's an example, that's an no if they killed the squirrel to look for rabies, I promise you they also cut its head off so they could open that up and do brain testing.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, yeah, when you actually.
Speaker 1: Think about it, it gets it even gets worse. I don't know if they left a little hat on, probably not. That would be the the insane cherry on the top here, But who knows.
Speaker 2: Mo, what's up?
Speaker 11: Hey, good morning, good morning listening And I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're screaming into the void.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, that is should be the purpose of why you guys are out there. But I don't really have an opinion on executing squirrels. You know, they they're out there doing their.
Speaker 1: Thing, and very specific squirrels, not very specific. But you know what, sir, you're not running for office, so it's I'm not going.
Speaker 2: To ask you your opinion.
Speaker 1: If you were asking for my vote, I would ask you so.
Speaker 9: Very good reason why I won't ever run for office.
Speaker 11: But what I would like to just mention out there today, this whole political spectrum we've got going on. I'm hopeful that we'll have America first moving forward. Uh after the election tomorrow, I'd like to see if Trump becomes elected as our President again. I would love to see jd Vance be the guy that gets in front of the press corps instead of Trump. You know, when he was in office, he repeatedly got up there for minutes and sometimes hours on end to respond to the the media and the press room up there. I'd love to see jd Vance get that assignment because communicate effectively. He formulates an idea and an argument, and he cuts the liberal media to shreds while he's doing it. And if enough of that went on, maybe we would see the America First movement and our nation First moving in a direction consistently that people would buy into.
Speaker 1: I think here's here's what I would Here's what I would say, just on your idea. I mean, you and I both know it's not going to happen because he's VP, and being the press secretary is a busy job unless you're KJP and then you.
Speaker 2: Just say whatever they say.
Speaker 1: Live that being said, the ability to do that is You're right, he does have that. He's very smart, and I think it would be a waste of his talent to just stick him in there, even though it is a front facing role. But there's also people around Trump now that I think are very that woman we interviewed here a few weeks ago, the young blonde woman, she's phenomenal. I saw her. I saw her a couple times since then on there. I think she'd do a very good job. But to your point, jd Vance being out there and if you watch an interview with him and you've never seen one, and thank you very much for the call there, sir, that's another one of those moments where I think somebody who may have bought into the he's weird narrative, which I will tell you at the very beginning, it's not that he was weird.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel that he was. He was as emotionally invested, and maybe it was just the settle in times, because I'm like, why isn't he out there doing his thing and showing off that you know, that Ivy League brain and all that, and then boom, he just kicked right into it.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: Also ross that one dude sounds like he had some skeletons in the closet, little tiny squirrel skeletons. So you probably should run for officer, But that's okay. You can help in other ways. Good morning, It is eight O. Sixkco Day Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four.
Speaker 2: We will.
Speaker 1: We'll need that number for obviously calling into the show. But if you are a candidate and you know tomorrow's election day, I'm not sure if you've heard and you are running here within our broadcast area and you want a few minutes on the radio, and whatever whatever party you either represent or you're not a party or what, I don't care. If you're on the ballot, you want a few minutes. This is the opportunity the last hour of this show, and then we'll do it again for all three hours tomorrow. And if you know a candidate and you're like, hey, that's you're working for them, and you're like, heyre's here's some pre media opportunity. Let them know, but don't try and don't call and schedule it. Ross will not entertain fact. Then if you do that, you go on his list in trying to schedule something. Then you're on the list. You don't want to be on that list. Peanut the squirrel was on that list, and you see what happened to him. All right, Sorry, I don't want to tie that to Ross.
Speaker 2: He wouldn't do that, but.
Speaker 1: Still it's not a good list to be on. So just be ready. When the candidate calls, we'll try to fit that in. He'll do a quick verification. Okay, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four, that is the phone number.
Speaker 2: You want to do this thing?
Speaker 1: All right, little sound, and then we'll jump back over to the phones. And oh boy, where do we even start. Well, let's start with Tim Walls, shall we? He an interesting, an interesting little elon thought.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Here is the full cut, because you know, trying to figure out what he's talking about, more context is always better.
Speaker 2: So let's get to it.
Speaker 12: So poorly, not only did we lose Canada your jobs, we were pitted into a hu against our.
Speaker 5: Neighbors to find.
Speaker 1: And let me just say this, it is really rich to hear Tim Walls knowing what Minnesota did. Knowing what Minnesota did, it's very rich to hear him complain about the massive overreach of government during COVID. When you were a governor during COVID, that's the crap. This is why I can't wrap my head around.
Speaker 2: You were a governor during COVID, arguably the.
Speaker 1: Fifty most powerful people in the entire nation during COVID were the governors because they could basically do whatever they wanted, and still none of them have been held accountable in any criminal way, even though there was clearly things that should be investigated as such. And this isn't I investigate your enemies. No, this is about actual violations of people's constitutional rights and there should be accountability for it. There's not so for you to get up and start bitching about it.
Speaker 2: It show.
Speaker 1: It just shows you how intellectually dishonest all of this is. That's like me griping that we had a bad radio show one day because the host was he was rambling and never really got to his point and the callers sucked. So you know most shows, that's what I do. But like it that you would be like, why are you?
Speaker 2: You're the host? If you didn't think the host did a good job, that's you. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: And then this thank you. I was literally scrambling for it with my left hand.
Speaker 2: And remember this is.
Speaker 1: A Tim Wall's COVID, actual thing that the State of Minnesota.
Speaker 14: Didt you them stay at home hotline. The information you leave is considered public information at the tone. Please leave the following information your name, you're that number, how the stay at home order is being violated, and where the stay at home order was violated.
Speaker 1: This is that is a brown shirt tattle on your neighbor hotline that he created in case somebody had the audacity to do things such as and I'm not making any of these up in the state of Minnesota attempted to do something as egregious as to you ready paddle a motorless canoe in the boundary waters. You are in one of the most remote places in the lower forty eight. And if you put a canoe in the water for any time by yourself and just paddle along staring at.
Speaker 2: The loons or the bears and the wolves.
Speaker 1: And whatever the else, do you see that you are a violation of the order. And your neighbor could tell on you on the hotline, So Tim Walls's goons would come and you know, talk to you. So understand that that in and of itself should be getting under your skin listening to this cut. But I'm going to play the whole thing for I'm sorry, that's me Ramblin warned you. But it's important you had the context, all right, So Tim Walls, let's talk to elon, shall we so poorly?
Speaker 6: Not only did we.
Speaker 12: Lose ten million jobs, we were pitted into a hunger game against our neighbors to find toilet paper.
Speaker 2: That's how bad it was.
Speaker 12: So now I suppose it wasn't too bad.
Speaker 15: Taking back to.
Speaker 12: That economy, if you're a billionaire, ELI must, for example, say that guy got.
Speaker 2: Kind knows how word?
Speaker 12: That dude, you got a tax cut and the rest of us got shafted on the whole deal.
Speaker 1: That's how that worked out, okay, which is for a thousand reasons the statement he's making is not accurate. But what At first I thought he was just trying to say guy and walked over it. But then he acknowledged the word. That's what's weird about this, Like I can understand he's talk and he's rambling and he's like that gay, that gay guy, that guy, But he did and he said it, and then he said Michigan what like Michiganders know the word or something? Here it is again, for example, say that, oh, well, we cut off that. But either then when they get done laughing, he goes, you guys know the word, which I don't even understand the context of saying why of course people know the word, but also is that the thing now is Elon gay. I've heard all sorts of accusations. Remember there's a commercial that we played for you earlier where they're alleging that Elon Musk is going to turn himself into an immortal AI super being along with Vance and then they're just gonna perma run the country with concentration camps.
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, just doesn't Elon have like fifty kids or something?
Speaker 1: This is exactly the point I was going to make. I think he has like eleven kids. Those must have been the eleven world first days of his life. If Tim Walls is being truthful here, that coming from Tim Walls, Man, Come on.
Speaker 2: What coach? You've seen him? Coach?
Speaker 3: You mean on stage? Just I'm busy, I have stuff to do. I suh, I should stop talking. I'm just saying what. I don't know what you're frying? No, no, no, what do you mean by that? This is a bastion of testosterone, which is Walls? That's all?
Speaker 1: Hey man, He is literally Paul Bunyon, which Minnesota. Minnesota's love Paul Bunyon. There's a giant Paul Bunyon statue up been brainerd that you got to drive by when you go to the lakes?
Speaker 2: So loving some Paul Bunyon.
Speaker 3: I mean he's up on the stage, he comes off. I saw him yesterday as a video. He comes off the plane and he runs down waving and flailing around, and then he's on stage. Can well, he's waving like he's doing a can can eight hmm.
Speaker 1: So he didn't have a basket of fruit on his head? And Nero, what are you're somehow upset her? I don't know, right, I don't even know what Ross is saying.
Speaker 2: That's so weird. Did you see what.
Speaker 1: He did when he whether did you see what he did when he met Obama? Do you see what he got him?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: He brought Obama a flannel shirt? You think Barack Obama is gonna be rocking a flannel shirt? Explain that to me, like I'm Two's worked?
Speaker 2: Is it the one that they gave him on the view? Is it like a regifting?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just remember thinking you're a Barack Obama in a flannel like a lumberjackshirt. Also, Tim Walls, I don't think if that dude's fell a tree.
Speaker 2: Show me the video. I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: So meanwhile, you had Tim Walls saying that we're getting away from the gay guy thing. He acknowledges them the words, so I don't if maybe there's a maybe there's an inside thing that I'm missing.
Speaker 2: But then.
Speaker 1: We cut over to Joe Biden, who once again in the middle of a Kama event. Now to be fair these last day is basically it's a common event all day, every day, just like it's a Trump event. In fact, you got if you're going by the fairgrounds in Raleigh today, good luck, unless you're going to the Trump rally, because it's you gotta get a little traffic. Traff's gonna suck so over there, and there's already that construction they're doing. So anyway, so Joe Biden wanders out and he's talking about you know, Trump and Musk and all those guys and a few other things, and then he drops this little gem which is city right next to the Tim Walls statement there on the on the button bar, And now I don't know what the hell's going on. So here is what Joe Biden's talking about, and specifically for political ideological opponents, and then more specifically obviously the vance Trump's and muss and Teals and all the other super AI's future your immortal super beans of the world.
Speaker 2: Biden said this, but.
Speaker 15: I'm serious, this is the kind of guy you like to smacking ass.
Speaker 12: I must, for example, say.
Speaker 15: That, but I'm serious, this is the kind of guy you like to smacking ass.
Speaker 1: Do you remember how effectively they were able to store that dude in a basement for quite a while. How do they not have the ability to not let him near a microphone because he clearly doesn't need to. He clearly doesn't need to. He can add a little private conversations. World leader comes by, how you doing, don't put that guy in front of a microphone if you have any I'm not sure that's how that saying goes, but maybe it's a regional colloquialism.
Speaker 2: And I'm just.
Speaker 1: I wasn't I was I wasn't raised in the proper region, because that's not how I remember that going. So, yeah, yeah, it was a strange weekend. Would be a would be a good way to sum it up, especially when you start diving into some of the audio. All right, let me grab a call. Jeremy's been hanging on. Jeremy, thank you. I had to get through that. Now let's talk to you. What's up, sir.
Speaker 13: Actually I'm a woman.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 13: I wanted to express my frustration at the GOP, the state and the county GOP. My ballot, Yes, my ballot. There were nine seats that ran unopposed. They were just given to the Democrats. The mayor and five district judges were just totally Democrats, no opposition.
Speaker 2: Where was where was this? Which county?
Speaker 13: This for size? Cam my daughter? Yeah, my daughters in Charlotte, And she said in her ballot as well that there were a bunch of seats that were just given to the Democrat. So we need a little bit better coordination of it.
Speaker 1: I mean, here, I battle with this. You bring up a fair point, but I battle with this. Which is why, by the way, traditionally in seats like that, where it's a it's like a D plus thirty district, and in the reverse or it's like an R plus thirty district, like, you don't want resources that can be used for winnable races necessarily there. So what they've often done in the past is staffers. This is why you'll see a lot of staffers in politics that end up running for office because they if they fill a void there, they're like, oh, you're an intern who you happen to live in the third district. You're the Republican candidate for this race, and it is not It is not to win it, if you're being honest with yourself. What it is is to force your opponent to expend resources that would be more effectively used in other races to force their hands. That's why you run. So I also understand the the other argument. Yeah, but I want you to understand their argument on it because it does make sense to some extent.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this is the first time, like we've just had our districts change, and so I'm voting for different people, Like Virginia Fox isn't our district anymore, and she used to be like before this this election, so it's everything's changed. And evidently our new district maybe they do have more Democrats in it, but you know, there were enough Republicans that, like you say, they might have to spend a little bit of money to try to try to keep them there. So so anyway, I.
Speaker 1: Well, I just wanted you to understand what I how I've had it explained to me by the parties and yeah, yeah, yeah, so that's okay, all right, what is your name? If it's not Jeremy, I don't want to call you Jeremy on.
Speaker 2: The way out.
Speaker 13: No, that's right, you're right. I was named at the same time a lot of women were being named Bobby.
Speaker 7: Doe and Billy.
Speaker 2: Oh I've never met anyone with your name. Well you're not stuck with it. You're unique. So there's that.
Speaker 13: So thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: All right, I have a good one. Well, oh crap, cut her off.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean it is unique, but also I bet it is kind of a pain, like when somebody's oh, you know, like, well you're at the coffee shop, like what's your name?
Speaker 2: They're looking at you like, oh wow, okay, all right, I.
Speaker 1: Got enough time for this. I don't have enough time right now. I don't want to give her just two minutes. Uh so, uh we're gonna we're gonna chat here with Michelle Morrow, who is uh Satan incarnate according to what I've been reading in the newspapers.
Speaker 2: Or or a reasonable person.
Speaker 1: And you're at the Trump rally, all right, tell Rosz pick her up this and and and just tell her to hold through on the break here and we'll chat. So, yeah, Michelle Morrow, who is running for state superintendent of schools excuse me, superintendent of public construction or whatever it is. I suppose she can hear me right now, but I only have like a minute and a half here, and I want to give you more time. So hanging through the break, we'll chat with her, because that is one of the lot of money being spent on that race, a lot and and a lot of the she's literally satan types of commercials out there.
Speaker 2: So we will chat with Michelle Morrow coming up here in just a few minutes.
Speaker 1: And you know what, if she goes if she's on team murder the squirrel, then maybe the satan stuff was right. But she will answer our squirrel question and give us a little little spy report from the the Trump rally which is happening at Dorton Arena.
Speaker 2: I believe what ten o'clock at it actually starts.
Speaker 1: But if you've driven anywhere near the fairgrounds this morning, like what is going on, that's what's going on. So we'll get that in much more more of your calls, and yes, even more sound, including the SNL insanity we'll have to talk about coming up phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven for it is the CaCO Day radio program hang on eight thirty five. As we've mentioned, I don't think Trump's going to leave this state of North Carolina for more than about five minutes to me now, and you know, maybe noon tomorrow. Like he's the dude's got he's got a bunch going on. They're having a big event over Dorton. I actually went to the one in twenty sixteen at Dorton. I popped over there. I didn't I didn't stick around for all of it, and it was the it was the first Trump rally I had gone to. I didn't go to the one down Selma, but I saw the pictures and I got to be on. I remember looking at that going, holy crap, they don't know what's got to hit him. And and to say that the Dorton appearance was energetic was crazy. I also then found myself having dinner at forty second Street Oyster Bar with a guy who I'm pretty sure is his parts of his family are.
Speaker 2: In the mob. I will tell you who it is, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: I had never met him, and I'm just like, what a crazy cast of I didn't get an impression he was, but what a thing. I remember thinking like, your old family's connected, and you're like, I'm going to move to Charlotte not be part of this.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man.
Speaker 1: So but it was the event was it was obviously Well so they're doing that again right now. So if you got drive by the fairgrounds, I am sorry in advance and you're not going to that. But one of the people there is another one of the candidates we want to chat with, and one of the higher profile races, definitely. It is Michelle Morrow, who is the GOP candidate for State super intended of Public Instruction and I always hate the name of the office here. Unfortunately, though, Michelle, we're glad to have you. I have been informed by some of the press that you hate children, children will die, and you have a kill list. So let's let's take those in order. Is but first I have to ask you, is a small social media famous squirrel and a tiny cowboy hat on your kill list? Because all candidates are being asked about this this.
Speaker 4: Morning, Hey, Casey, Nope, we will let the squirrel live okay, all right, but not the kids, right, not the kids.
Speaker 1: No, it's but I want to be serious here because one of the allegations is that you you represent such a repressive outlook that children who are on LGBT or for whatever reason or minorities, you don't care about them, and as a result, they'll not prosper, they may inflict self harm.
Speaker 2: I mean, these are really grizzly.
Speaker 1: Accusations in this race, and arguably your race has been one of the nastiest with some of the outside advertising.
Speaker 2: So fill us in on this.
Speaker 4: Well, I have to agree with you, it has been nasty, but only from my opponent's side, because I really believe that education is the most important issue on the ballot this year, and I think that parents across North Carolina I know I've talked to them for the last three years. They are very concerned that their kids are not safe, that they are not getting a quality education, that they're not prepared for life. And so I've been focusing on how we're going to fix that problem. And unfortunately, I think the biggest risk to our constitutional republic has been the indoctrination that's been happening in the public school system, and they that is kind of their golden cast, and so they don't want somebody from the outside who is not beholden to the broken system to come in and to be effective and efficient and to expose the what's happening in the schools and to get us back on track. So I knew going into this this was going to be a battle and that they were going to be attacking me viciously. But I tell you, Casey, I would rather take the errors than allow our children to do it, because they have been doing it for over a decade.
Speaker 1: You know, here's the fundamental disconnect that has always bothered me, not just in your race, but with the really going back to the decision that you know, really drove all of the legal wrangling over the last decade about funding for schools, and then you had one judge who essentially was lord over this. But it came down to a guarantee in the state of North Carolina of a quality education.
Speaker 2: It's worthed a little.
Speaker 1: Different, and the disconnect was that in the minds of most of the people have been in charge, only means a public school education.
Speaker 2: And that's not the way I read it.
Speaker 1: I read it as creating an environment where education is able to flourish, and whether that means public education, which makes sense in a lot of places, a lot of rule places. It makes a lot more sense than privates school just because of the numbers, but also the ability of parents to have the choice that if they want to educate their kid at a different school, that the money they're already being taxed for can be used for that. I'm assuming that's more your mindset where I'm at on.
Speaker 4: This, Yes, sir, to your point, you're exactly correct. The Constitution of North Carolina does not say that that education that we're promising that all of our students has to come from the traditional public school setting. And that's what you're talking about with school choice. And I have been a champion for school choice down at the General Assembly just as a concerned citizen for about the last five years.
Speaker 13: And this is the threat.
Speaker 4: What's happening is we just hear from the other side it's all about the system, it's all about funding the system. But I have to tell you, the system exists to serve the students. And when we have only one out of every four of our students in North Carolina reading or doing math at grade level. We are failing our students, and we're failing the families of North Carolina. When we had fifteen one hundred teachers assaulted on the job last year. We are failing our students and our teachers and our families at North Carolina. When we have an eighty four percent increase in drug use, gang activity, and violent crime within our schools, we are failing the next generation. And I'm going to get in there and I'm going to make sure that every decision we make has students at the center of it. The way that we spend money, the curriculum that we choose, our discipline policies, are hiring practices. Everything has to be about our children getting an excellent education so they can pursue careers and they can be successful as adults.
Speaker 1: Last question, and we'll let you although I've been asking about the rally before you get out, but last question here, and it's kind of a two part one. They're criticals because you're a homeschool parent, right, and which I think is laughable. When the governor's bemoaning how much he doesn't want money to go to private schools, he private schooled his kids. So how do you comport being a homeschool parent with running an agency with oversight over you know, traditional schools and private schools, and you know what does that look like? And secondly, how are you going to deal with the fact that you know you're going to get in there and there's going to be people who won't work with you, which will hamper your ability to try to do these things. Do you have a plan for overcoming that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the first question being what basically one of my qualifications That'll tell you one of my greatest qualifications, Casey, is that I am not a part of this broken system, this administrative bureaucracy, the educational cabal, and I am coming in with fresh ideas and a fresh perspective. You know, people would like to say that I am a home school I'm no longer homeschooling my students, my children. Rather they have My four oldest are out and on their own. They're all productive and doing great for themselves. But my kids have been in public, private and homeschools. And I think as a nurse, I used to work in the emergency room with a charge nurse and the ICU. I've been the only nurse in a wilderness survival camp. I have the ability to lead. I have the ability also to manage very difficult situations. And I've been fighting on the front line for the last five years, as I said, trying to get boys out of girls' sports, and to protect parental rights, and to get the medical malpractice and abuse that's happening in our schools out of our schools, and to get rid of common core and get back to fact based mathematics.
Speaker 13: That's objective.
Speaker 4: The way I'm going to do with this is I'm going to go in and we've got some bridges to be built. We need to sit down with people. This should not be political. This should be about the students, and we need to ask people why are you here? What is our end goal? And the end goal needs to be that we prepare every student in North Carolina to be successful. And if that is not the goal, then you need to move out. And I'm going to expose that people that are there for special interest groups and pet projects and to pad their own pockets off of the failures in our system. They're going to be exposed and they're going to be asked leave. And so that's how we're going to do this. But I think I think the majority of people that are in education really care about the kids, and they're in it for the right reasons. I think we've lost a lot of great teachers and a lot of great staff because they haven't been freed up to teach, because they don't feel supported by the administration, because there's too much administrative you know, administrative constraints. And we need to support our teachers, and we need to make sure that learning is fun again and that the teachers and the students and the parents are working together to ensure that every student reaches their fullest potential.
Speaker 1: Your opponent, Mo Green, not the one from Godfather He's out, but Mo Green, former executive director of z Smith Reynolds. I would encourage people, if they don't know that organization, to google it, and that's all I'll say on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, they absolutely should because my opponent has funneled money into the actual agencies that funded the riots of twenty twenty that has been all about defund the police. He's working with Southern Vision Alliance to get rid of every student resource officer.
Speaker 13: In our schools.
Speaker 4: This man is completely supported by Planned Parenthood and the lgbt q I, a community called equality or equity NC. They are all about pushing that agenda in our schools. He has had no offer for anything that we need to fix or change. His mantra is get rid of Michelle and everybody will be able to read and write and do maths. Well, I can promise you, and I can promise your listeners. The reason our kids are struggling and thousands of people are leaving the traditional school system is not because of me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's but to be fair, directionless youth on drugs are a big, good business for Planned parenthood. And I'll just leave it at that. But Michelle, the things starts. Are you speaking at the rally today? I'm assuming you're at least on stage right, And what's.
Speaker 15: The look like?
Speaker 2: No? No, oh no, no, I've been I've.
Speaker 4: Been trying to seek on the stage as President Trump for this tell.
Speaker 1: Puerto Rican jokes? Are you gonna tell Puerto Rican jokes? If they let you up there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 14: No, I don't think that works out very well.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Well, hopefully hopefully things go well today and we'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the time.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Great day, all right there you go. So there you go.
Speaker 1: That's uh, that's Michelle Morrow, or as this article from Yahoo basically pay Satan, So thank her to her for calling in there.
Speaker 2: This the media is cracked, dude. All right, we fixed our conrecs. Rock on. Let's get your fino from the weather channel. Look at that clear Monday? Yeah, hey, love it? All right? Is the weather clear though?
Speaker 1: Because I just literally walked outside on a little patio thing and I'm like, well, I need my jacket, So let's let's turn that around.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, today we're gonna keep it mostly cloudy temperature wise, We'll turn that around a little bit cool start, but we'll get up to around seventy can't do much better for early November. Mostly cloudy tonight overy night, low fifty six. We are going to start the warm things up, but we will see more sunshine Tomorrow. We'll get up to seventy seven degrees and we'll pop maybe eighty for the high on Wednesday, maybe some straight sh hours, little frontal system coming through. We'll call it mostly cloudy. I won't quite make record territory, thank goodness. And then we'll start to cool down a bit, but stay in the upper seventies for Thursday, straight hours possible again, and then we'll look ahead to Friday partly sunny then and low seventies for that.
Speaker 1: High okay, Jeff, thank you? Raise back tomorrow or he is. I don't know after that what happened.
Speaker 7: He's nursing his cowboy wounds.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they feel Do you feel a little good about that? How can you not?
Speaker 11: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, I expect you in f Falcons, Jersey tomorrow and tell us how it goes.
Speaker 2: But we'll talk to you guys later. Yep, yep.
Speaker 16: Jeff Bellinger joins us. Next hang on, good morning. Casey Stock's advanced on Friday. Major averages had games that range from four tenths percent to eight tenths percent. Stock market futures are mixed this morning. S and P futures are up four points, but the NASDAC and Dow futures are both lower at the moment. Today is the day Boeing Machinist's vote on the company's latest contract offer. A yes vote will end a lengthy strike and get airplane production restarted. That machinist's strike and other issues that have slowed production at Boeing are having an impact on airlines around the world. Ireland's Ryanair said today it is cutting its growth target for next year because new Boeing jets at organ will be arriving so late. The Federal Reserve opens a two day meeting on Wednesday. Economists expect the Central Bank to announce a quarter point interest rate cut on Thursday. Chair Jerown Powell holds a news conference following the announcement. Couple of companies filed for bankruptcy over the weekend. The Franchise Group, which owns the Vitamin Shop and Pet Supplies Plus, filed for Chapter eleven, and so did the TGI Friday's restaurant chain. A lot of Americans who can afford new cars are pushing back against the soaring cost of new wheels. Drivers looking to replace five five year old vehicles are really in for sticker shock. Cox Automotive says the average price of a new car tops forty eight thousand dollars, twenty one percent more than in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: Some more buyers dropping out of the new car market.
Speaker 16: The pandemic eurosupply shortages, the drove used car prices higher are in the rear view, and the used car lots are attracting more customers and Casey, the Columbia Marvel superhero film Venom The Last Dance was number one at the movie theaters for a second weekend in a row. comScore says it took in more than twenty six million dollars in the last three days.
Speaker 2: Casey paid a.
Speaker 1: Lot more money and n I did over the weekend. All right, thank you, Jeff, appreciate it. All right, we go one there, there you go, Jeff Bellinger, Bloomberg News.
Speaker 2: All right, let me grab a quick call here, Donna. Thanks for hanging on. What's up, hey, Casey.
Speaker 4: Nice to hear you had a dinner with Boston Paul.
Speaker 1: Huh No, no, not Boston Paul, but somebody who is related to one of the five.
Speaker 2: New York families.
Speaker 8: So uh huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very It was very interesting. So I bet it was.
Speaker 4: So I'm calling because I wanted to say I hope that Peanut, or the decapitation of Peanut will be the catalyst that wins Trump the presidency.
Speaker 13: It only proves that.
Speaker 1: God, I don't know how you have any standing in here, Donna. You actively, you actively promote things that love the murder Peanut, right, you know, exactly what I'm talking about, every one of them cats in your house, especially that one who looks crazy like you just did eight tours in nom whatever. That thing is dead thing eat peanut in a second.
Speaker 13: She would though, she really would.
Speaker 15: She yes, yeah, go outside.
Speaker 13: She'd be killing all the birds.
Speaker 2: All the birds, all the squirrels, probably some kids. I don't know. Cat had murder in its eye. So it's good outside.
Speaker 4: And she gets really be shot. The fact she's going today to get her boosters.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for that vet. How many vet texts has she killed?
Speaker 5: None?
Speaker 2: Well, none that you'll admit to.
Speaker 13: Yeah, a golphile when she goes to them, because she's say they're gonna stick a finger up her.
Speaker 1: But we go to a different vet, donna, okay, don't even want to. I can't even not now, don't. That's horrible. That person's not a vet.
Speaker 13: So sorry, it's just a joke in our house.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right.
Speaker 1: I was like, if you're going like I was concerned, if you're going to a vet that every time you bring a pet in that happens, go to a different vet. Maybe there's a medically acceptable reason, like on a rare occasion, but if that dude, if they if your vet looks really excited, slap it on that glove when you come pouring through the door.
Speaker 2: Go to a different vet.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, some advice, all right, don I gotta roll them out of time now I can't even get to the snl S.
Speaker 2: Right, Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Ross, You're you're more the pet guy. You still have a pet. If you went over to your vet and every time you brought in one of your pets, that the first thing that doctor does is like, but you go to.
Speaker 2: A different vet. This is this is no brainer stuff. So oh so now you're a doctor. No.
Speaker 1: But much like the person with the finger and the cat, I'm also not a vet because there's no there's no way unless that person just that was their thing and they're like, well, the only way I'm gonna be able to do this on the regulars become a vet.
Speaker 2: Then maybe I don't know trust the science, you know,