Speaker 1: What up though, and welcome toward Weights Live.
Speaker 2: I'm easy, you must have been more Rack Young Chris Nicholas Coloff smash like be a friend till the friends share the stream The number one spot to hear Detroit Lions training camp news. We're bringing it to today, but I need you guys to be patient because we do have a couple of interviews that we committed to weeks prior without thinking today was training. Yeah, but we're talking training camp. Uh, biggest news. I feel like out a training camp. Today's Spinny Alee McNeil left to be evaluated with a neck injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not going to overreact one way or another. Obviously it's not good to hear, but it sounds like it was kind of a procrautionary thing, maybe just a little tweak, So I I would assume, if you know, if we were playing games, he would be good to go. But yeah, it's it's obviously not a good thing to hear, obviously with his past history of injuries. But shake it off. Hopefully he's out there tomorrow. If he's not out there or not tomorrow, if he's not out there the next day of camp, then I'll start getting a little worried. But yeah, it seemed everything they said was about pure precautionary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm reading right now, says it's from Justin Rodgers regarding McNeil and Roller.
Speaker 3: Both exited practice at the same time, walking off under their own power.
Speaker 2: There's no practice on Saturday, and coach Dan Campbell is this schedule talking until Monday morning, so it might be a few days before likely to get an update.
Speaker 3: But I did hear that Lee McNeil was back in the stands with this family hanging out with friends and family day.
Speaker 2: If you guys saw photos with Dan Campbell and Jared Goff's daughter, that was kind of great photo. But I feel like that's good news, and I'm with you too. It sounds like I'm more of a cautionary thing. We're not in pads yet. If you tweak hurt anything, let's take a step to the side. It's not a real game. We're not even in the season yet, makes no sense to be pushing through something to make it worse.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of with you on that one. I did just slide in there casually that Jimmy Rolser got hurt today too.
Speaker 2: His was a leg injury. Nothing specific coming out yet, but we'll find out again. Another person who walked on his own power to the locker room I.
Speaker 3: Was there to see in person. Unfortunately, don't sounds like he'll be okay.
Speaker 2: I think anything big like that, you would have got a schefty tweet or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would have had. I mean, I feel like they would have followed up if it was something serious, rather than just leaving it for the weekend and again roll there. Walking off on his own power is a good thing. I you know, if it's a leg injury and it was something serious, I don't know, if they'd let him just walk off the field on his own power, they'd definitely have some kind of you know, trainer or something attending to him. So hopefully it was just cramps or something not too big. It was it was hot today, you know, it was a little little muggy, so it could just be some crams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just being safe too, man, Like you don't want to again, I'm not in a season, we're not in a game. It just it makes no sense for me. I think maybe like a little like Nick, that you'd.
Speaker 2: Keep going in any scenario right now, non pads, you're not in a game.
Speaker 3: I just don't don't risk it. Don't risk it. There's no need to nick.
Speaker 4: Oh no, and so it begins. No, I'm not gonna overreact until we have something to react to. Seriously, but Ali McNeil is top seven, one of the top seven most important pieces on this team. We talked about it yesterday. We did yeah, and of the defensive tackle position specifically and dealing with not having you know, the guys of last season with a Reader and with a Lopez. So when Dan Campbell was talking yesterday and talking about, yeah, we got some young guys in there, didn't mention their names. They'll the name he said behind you know, Aleem and ty Leak was our guy. Le Let's go play half the games that you could have played, Levie. So if if this is serious for a Leam or something that bugs him into the season, then it's a big deal right now. Not gonna sweat it. Good vibe Friday. I cannot think about losing a Lee McNeil to some crazy knock injury after what happened like to already to this defense, you know, with the safeties. Yeah, I cannot put my head or I cannot wrap my brain around that.
Speaker 1: If that's what happens, our vandal A says he'll be McK fine. He also says uh. He also says McNeil probably wanted to be first to the lunch line. Oh my neck.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, pizza, pizza.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Chris, can you fix this a little bit? But no, I mean just it was wasn't really centered with the camera. Uh and yeah, it's again hopefully nothing too crazy. I think that if it was something serious, they would have said at least like Dan, Dan's pretty good at that, Like he doesn't he doesn't really hide the injuries or if it's something serious, I'll normally tell the media.
Speaker 3: So we do have a clip on Dan Camp.
Speaker 2: We'll talking about how important Lem is to defense or even just like his expectations for him this year being healthy.
Speaker 1: You want to run that as should we wait? No, we can run that one.
Speaker 5: We can run it here.
Speaker 6: It is Mac Mac is uh. Mac is very important. It is going to be huge, particularly when look on all of it. It's big right when you're because you're part of the other ten that are on that field, but when you're talking about transitioning to rush off of play pass from the offense or even just here we go. Man, it's a known pass down. Somebody's going to get a one on one. You know, somebody will get in and a lot of times you can fabricate it to where you're going to get two one on ones. You know, not always, but well, they're not gonna let Hutch do that. They shouldn't And you go back to last year that they're not. Teams aren't going to allow that. We wouldn't allow that, you know. And and sometimes it'll be Mac that has to take it. Well, now you know that your nose or the other end's got to win. But there's these times where either he's not double or hudge it. They got to win. Max got to win and he has the ability to win a one on one. And I know we're only two days in, we're springing two days in, but he does look better. He looks he looks like he's back to what he was. He's healthy, and uh, you know, and I told you he would never say anything about it. He never did last year. But when we went back and watched clip after clip, back to back to back to back to back to back of all the season, when you start going through all of these he was favoring the leg a little bit. I mean, I don't think he even realized it, and so it's just good to have him back. Man. He looks great, he's moving well, and he's a huge piece for us on defense.
Speaker 1: I'm happy to hear that.
Speaker 2: The only thing I have like reservation or concern about is I remember, specifically last year, Dan was a one hype me up for Liam McNeil. Every week we're into close to his return, Dan was like, he's throwing guys around in practice.
Speaker 1: He's doing this in practice.
Speaker 2: And when he did come back, he did look amazing in the Tampa Bay game, and it kind of just fell flat than after. That's when it makes me nervous, is like Dan did this to me before last year with Lee McNeil. But I'm gonna be excited. I'm gonna try myself because twenty twenty four, Leam and Hutch tho the stretch of six games where Hutch was on a fucking tear. It's exactly how pinpointed it. You know, it was one of the other Go and watch that Dallas game, specifically the revenge game. We were whooping their ass because you could only pick one the triple a double team and.
Speaker 3: The other one you left. One on one was taking advantage of it.
Speaker 1: I remember the New York Giants game where he had like thirteen or fourteen pressures twenty two yeas his own pressure. Yeah, the guy was everywhere, and I know that, you know, looking at a one game sample size from a guy isn't the best thing to do. But we've seen that when he's healthy and when he's at the right position, Alay McNeil can be a handful for interior offensive lineman. And he cut the weight, He put himself in the best body shape that he possibly could to be that kind of pass rushing interior defensive lineman. So they're gonna need him for the longevity of the season, as we talked about yesterday, with the thinness of that position. So I'm cool with them being precautionary. I'm cool with them takeing him out. Don't let him get himself injured by fighting through something in in preseason, and don't let him play edge snaps like those are the only two things that I'm asking for the Lions. Yeah, So the rest is on one McNeil is staying healthy. It is you know, living up to the contract that is going out there and being what I think is the second best pass rusher on this team. So hopefully he can, uh, he can bounce back this year because they're gonna need him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Outside like certain advanced analytics, there's not really there's not really a way to measure a defensive tackles impact other than like watching the film and him do it. That game that you were talking about with the pressures and he just watching yourself against the Giants was destroyed. He was everywhere, And I think with defensive tackles unless it's like a Dexter Lawrence or like one of those like s tier guys and I love Leave, I don't think he's like one of those.
Speaker 3: But it'll be it'll be spy like that. It'll be like a Giants game here and there.
Speaker 2: It'll be that Oakland Raiders game, I'm sorry, Las Vegas Raiders game and twenty three he had like two sacks a pass deflection, like he could take over games. It's not gonna happen to every single we but give it, let's get it like three four of those. You're saying, that's that's all we really need to show up in the playoffs and I think he did in the same season twenty twenty three. Yeah, we lost him for a little bit with the MCO. I think it was came back for the Las Vegas I'm sorry Los Angeles Rams game, and him and Hudginson were terrorizing Matthew Stafford, and I think it was huge. It was a close game, but those two impacting Matthew Stafford's beating the shit out of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, again, weren't numbers of the stat sheet other than quarterback hits or pressures and shit like that was an actual status sacks a Hutch got one, but just hitting them right after the balls up, making him feel you yeah, all games, showing him down so in his process and make him think, you know, we see that second thought for sure, exactly. It's just that's what you get out of defensive lineman, a defensive tackle. You're never gonna be able to measure that sometimes outside of advance analytics.
Speaker 4: We've seen obviously Jared Goff specifically struggle with getting that pressure up the middle because he doesn't have like the mobility like some quarterbacks. But when you do go up against you know, a guy like Jared Goff having a leam that can do. This is so credit and I think the pairing now, if ty Leak can you know, get to where he needs to be to be in those third down scenarios, you're gonna see the dynamic duo of not just a leam getting those pressures, but what ty Leak excels in and getting those paws up and getting his hands up enforcing that quick throw where maybe he can't put that emphasis of, you know, the vertical movement of the football that he needs in the loft on it because the leam's right up in there because he knows hutches coming from the other side. So I think it'll benefit ty Leak too to get Alee McNeil going in the middle. And it's so critical for this team. And we know the secondary's problems. We know it time and time again. We will probably say it a million times throughout this preseason and training camp, but if Alee McNeil can cause pressure from the interior, it makes everything easier for everybody.
Speaker 2: I got a stat I think I've heard this one to you guys before two but in twenty twenty four when they were healthy, the two of them and Lee McNeil, and I believe only five games they played together forty two pressures, ten sacks, and twenty one quarterback hits.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. And just five games together. Yeah, went healthy.
Speaker 2: So if the leam whatever this next thing, if you can shake it off and hopefully it's nothing into a little frivolous injury, if he shake that off and they return, look out for sure. Lookout, I mean get that's the fucking key here, man. We don't have a stack defense. We have pieces here and there. The defensive line can make up for all that.
Speaker 4: Could you read those numbers one more time? Easy, because that was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Five games together in twenty twenty four, Lean McNeil and Nada Hudson combined four ten sacks, twenty one quarterback hits, and forty two pressures.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good.
Speaker 2: If Aleam could return to twenty twenty four form, I think the defense should be fine.
Speaker 1: And right now we are joined by our friend of friend of the show, Southfield native and Kansas Jayhawk, Emir Herring. Shout out to him for a joining the show with us today. We appreciate you tapping in. We know that you've got an event coming in so far, but real quick, we were talking about you know Alee McNeil and what he's trying to do to bounce back for the Detroit Lions. You as an offensive lineman yourself, what is it with the big guys that can also be nimble like Olie McNeil, Like, how much how much of a problem do you guys like that give offensive lineman?
Speaker 7: No, that plays a big factor.
Speaker 8: You know, guys who are really athletic, guys who are rangy and can play multiple positions along the defensive line, especially in their tier, makes it really you know, they're really destructive and you really could be game breakers really for the whole game and could disrupt it. I heard you guys talking about Alae McNeil and Hutch you know guys like that, you know, a duo like that creating pressures, you know, making it hard on the offensive line. So it really condenses the playbook really when seeing guys can make pressures and sacks and ultimately change the whole dynamic of the game.
Speaker 7: So it's offensive line where we try to lend with that as much as we can.
Speaker 2: Hey man, and I appreciate you joined the show. You got a big event coming on, so you moved down south in Kansas playing obviously, but for you come home and do something like this, that's awesome.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 3: Want you tell people what you got going on this weekend?
Speaker 8: Yes, sir, so I'll be having a backpack drive and a free hygiene giveaway tomorrow at from eleven to two in Southfield, Michigan at Family Victory Learning Center. That's where my educational career started. So just a great way to get back to the community while uplifting, you know, the youth, as well as doing something really good for the community, something a selfless act that I really wanted to do and we've been wanting to do for a long time. So overall, that's what I got going on this weekend, and that's what I'm home for before we get fall camp going in Kansas.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, man, we appreciate you. And then also I got a question.
Speaker 2: I know you you midled your game growing up after the Detroit Lines offensive line. Is there any player in particular that you were watching growing up as you were modeling your game.
Speaker 7: This could be just Detroit Lions or just anybody.
Speaker 3: It could be anybody.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it could be anybody. I really Oh that's that's that's a hard question. Far as like guard play it's a bunch of really good guards. But somebody who I like watching really is I would have to go with.
Speaker 7: Shaq Mason in the prime when he was with the Patriots.
Speaker 8: Okay, Shaq Mason when he was in the prime with the Patriots was really really good.
Speaker 7: Chris Linstrom was very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I also like watching Donovan Jackson with the Vikings brand. Glasgow does some really good stuff with the Lions. So just really watching different interior guys and really what they do.
Speaker 1: And looking at that the Lions kind of have a new interior offensive line this year with obviously Kate May's coming in, You've got uh, we don't know who's gonna get the starting job at left guard and then Tate Ratleice at the right guard spot. How important is like the cohesion and kind of you know, knowing each other specifically for those interior guys.
Speaker 8: Oh, chemistry is big far as offensive line play far as you if you can have multiple guys that can play multiple spots and also have a lot of chemistry with each other, that's where you really see the best groups really succeed really at any level. Really having the bond ultimately to know we can all get get the job done together. So really having that chemistry is so big on the field because knowing like where stunts is gonna come from and having kind of that one mindset five thinking it's one. Really that's really like the biggest thing that really makes offensive line play special. Five guys all doing the same job as once.
Speaker 2: How long does it take to get that cohesiveness and get that the gael together and Camp?
Speaker 8: I feel like I feel like it just it ranges different time periods overall really for different offensive lines really to start bonding and geling.
Speaker 7: But that can also happen off the field too.
Speaker 8: Really spending time with each other ultimately to really build relationships off the field could be really easy building them on the field. So really it's just really different time periods for different offensive lines.
Speaker 1: And then the other thing I one to ask too.
Speaker 2: Right now, Detroit Lions and Camp, we're obviously reporting them, and you know, you got to report on what you're reading, But how much can we really take away from the offensive and defensive line reps without pads? Like should we kind of like you know, have some reserves and on the reports coming out of there, or like is there valuable reps to be had without the pads on.
Speaker 8: I think I think I would say have a reserve mindset, more of you know, offensive line defensive line play. You know, it's all about the trenches when the pads come on. So really the physicality, the physicality level and T shirts and shorts is way different than having shoulder pads and helmets and going after each other really from day to day in practice. So I would say I would say definitely have more of a reserved mindset really when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm reading some of the stuff coming out of camp and I'm like, I'm noticing into a lot of defensive guys. I'm like, what, what's limiting these offensive guys. It's gotta be something because everyone mentions the pads like yeah, it's without pads or it's without pads, though, like what what benefit or vans you get once you put those offensive those pads on as offensive linemen during those reps.
Speaker 8: It's a lot of different things just from a physicality standpoint. You know, your hands, right, It's it all varies in different It varies really just the way you block ultimately with T shirts and shorts.
Speaker 7: But you get really good work with T shirts and shorts.
Speaker 8: There's nothing against it from a technique standpoint, but the physicality standpoint is is heightened tremendously when you put on those pads, and ultimately guys can get after each other more when they have pads on. You know, in the NFL it's a little different because you know, they're trying to limit injuries and people get a contract extensions, so it's a little different when it comes to that and that aspect. But I feel like once once you put the pads on, it, it's fair game really from both sides of the ball.
Speaker 1: Nick has a question for you as well.
Speaker 4: Hey, a mirror Nick and the sound booth here, Once upon a time you committed to Michigan from West Bloomfield. Now they have the head coach and Kyle Whittingham, and that's who you. Guys played at Kansas in your last football game last season. What did you see out of Jason Beck and that offense that Utah brought that they're gonna be bringing into Michigan in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: I feel like they had I feel like they had a really sound offense. Really overall, guys playing in different spots. It was crazy seeing throughout the game like they were taking defensive guys and put them on the offensive side of the ball, you know, going through this gutter report and seeing their safety and their linebacker also had offensive reps during that season. So I feel like he runs a he runs a very very exotic offense. Overall, I feel like, you know, people should definitely be excited for, you know, what they're gonna bring.
Speaker 7: They're a very sound team.
Speaker 8: We played them, you know, very well coached, So hats off to them and their staff.
Speaker 1: And looking you know, you shared an agent with with Calvin Johnson and Rob Simms, a couple of guys that a lot of Lions fans are are familiar with. Here, how is how have those guys helped you behind the scenes, kind of talking to you about figuring out this you know new world of nil that that is is kind of brand new for a lot of guys, and kind of handling yourself as a professional even though you're still in the college ranks.
Speaker 7: No, I look at those guys like big brother figures.
Speaker 8: You know, anytime I really need anything, you know, from off the field on the field standpoint, they're always there available to help me. So really just helping me navigate, really what's going to be the next steps for me? And at this level with the whole crazy word of nil that I'm currently going through, and you know, just really just enjoying being in a moment and just really being process driven, really living in the president instead of the future.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what what's that like? Do you have your agent reach out for you or do companies or suffing that reach out to you and zech take away from football all?
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean both.
Speaker 8: I just try to really just keep a really open mindset really to the whole NIL world. Oftentimes, you know, they really reach out to my agent really about you know, brand deals, but really just keeping it really like the main thing really just about football ultimately, but also accessing my brand to many different brands outside of the football world.
Speaker 3: Too, speakers brand.
Speaker 2: What's more This weekend, the Mercy Hearing Foundation giving away backpacks and higien items. What's the location one more time?
Speaker 8: So we'll be at Family Victory Learning Center on South in Southfield, Michigan. So bring everybody, bring their families out, friends, spread the word. There's going to be a very good time. Backpacks, giving away music, food, everything. So bring you know, friends and family and spread the word.
Speaker 3: So all I had to say was food man, that you're making.
Speaker 1: Man, we appreciate you joining us. Man.
Speaker 7: Now, thank you guys.
Speaker 1: Man, shout out to a mere herring and shout out to Kansas football. Now, you know, we can root for Kansas football as long as you're not playing Michigan State in a bowl game or something. Hopefully you know, but if Michigan State can make a bowl game.
Speaker 5: But uh, herefore, we.
Speaker 1: Got to get that guy in studio break down some film the shout out. Yeah, I love that, Yeah, interior, especially with you know, the problems that the Lions had with their interior offensive line last year. Yeah, it'd be good to get an expert in there. And he's a big dude. I was watching some of his film Men he moved some people out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's a Mischian recruit.
Speaker 2: And the one thing I can say about Michigan they do to recruit those guys up front.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they know, they know the big bodies in the middle. Absolutely, So shout out to him. You're hearing, and make sure you guys check it out tomorrow. It's going to be from eleven am to twelve pm. It's family victory. It's on a ten Mile Road in Southfield. The address is nineteen four to two one West ten Mile Road, Southfield, Michigan. So, like you said, backpack giveaways a lot of hygiene stuff and that's awesome because I know, you know a lot of guys coming up they to give back to kids that really need it is something big because a lot of those kids, you know, don't have stuff like that, or you know, their parents can't afford stuff like that, trying to pay rent with with gas prices and groceries and stuff like that. It's some luxuries that that other families can't afford. You guys, giving back is always great. So shout out to him here.
Speaker 2: It's like, who's the name, dookie? Yeah, you know that's a good situation like that. Yeah for sure, you know, go won't be a sticky kidding class.
Speaker 1: No, definitely not. All right, let's go to break, we'll come back. We got a lot of lions coming up camp going through this week, and some guys that Dan Campbell was highlighting, a couple of guys that we really like to hear being highlighted, especially one coming off the edge. But first let me tell you about Planet Fitness. Planet Fitness is the home of the judgment for his own. Everybody can get a full body workout in thirty minutes and get all their memberships including fitness training for just a fifteen dollars a month bill. Or you can upgrade to the Black Card and get you some of Monday's like hydro massage, total body enhancement, access to over twenty seven hundred locations worldwide, joining in Clubroundline, Planetfitness, dot Com, Planet Fitness, Weird Fitness is essential, and All Day IPA from founders. Make sure you get to an Art and Jake's near you today, on Monday, Wednesday or Sunday, they will have five dollars shorts of All Day IPA fifteen years in the game, so you know it's good and it's been here for a reason. A Michigan staple shot at the Founder's brewing company in Art and Jake's Michigan Companies supporting Michigan companies.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost here, Detroits and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, COmON Roth first Downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays and of course Jack Fox's leg Yesday. Locked in on all your Lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious Jim that's filled with equipment for every workout? How about pre fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves them feeling energize all day long. Joint Plated Fitness Today with the pre pf app online or in club, and start getting that big fitness energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 5: It's game on.
Speaker 11: At artin Jakes, wings Burgers, pizza and ice cold drinks served up with attention to detail, Wall to Wall TV's great service and a vibe that keeps your crew coming back. Artin Jakes a sports bar setting with a fine dining flavor.
Speaker 9: Jim and Gibbs breakout season, Floating Woodsaw the Five Bits to the EXAF Touchdown Woodward Sports. The most dominant Detroit sports coverage.
Speaker 4: Around water Hazard is the very first Vodka Cans cocktail from Founders. It's Friday, you know what will be drinking. It's a VAKA based cocktail of five percent ABV that's citrusy, refreshing, ye and gluten free, best served over ice with a slice of lemon. Preferably. Get five dollars cans at any art in Jake's locations in Michigan's on Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays. And when I get a good buzz going tonight, I'll be throwing in us some Thrive Energy pouches to keep me going. We're working out, we might be doing a late night stream tonight. You know what's gonna help out with that, Thrive Energy pouches. So if you ever get that two o'clock feeling during the day, throwing a Thrive Energy pouch. They taste great, it's non nicotine, and it just helps you get through your day or enhance your night. I love them here at Wilbert Sports and you're gonna love them too. Make sure to check out Thrive Energy Pouches.
Speaker 2: Shout out to our guy Mere, shout to here. We definitely get him in here and break down some offensive line. Yeape, I'd love to get that done. What up to Welcome back to whatever ways? Smash like button b friend to the friend and share the stream. We're gonna go to a Detroit Lions training camp. We're talking a little bit about a Lee McNeil. What a healthy Lee McNeil can mean for this team? Uh, Dan Campbellood in detail to beyond Alee McNeil, what this into your pass rush could look like?
Speaker 1: Chris, do you have that clip? Which one? Sorry?
Speaker 12: I was getting something to set the passage on the interior pass rush.
Speaker 6: Casey Rodgers has done a heck of a job with those guys. But we we feel like we've got some juice in there and then it's you know, and then certainly there's some clay to mold. But but you know, between Wingo and Sky and certainly Mac and Levi's back, they all kind of bring a different flavor. We just talked about Lacey. It's a different type of rush. Now that's a push the pocket collapse at long arm. But man, we we kind of like the body types, you know, the body types, the ability, and now it's just about can you win a one on one? And then look, man, if we you know you got four guys, five guys that can win a one on one, then it's about how do we get them in the game and then get them on the field when we get in these critical pass down So we'll see. But the interior rush is huge, It's huge.
Speaker 2: Dan Kim went a little detail earlier yesterday as well too and mentioned like, yeah, they did a little bit smaller front, but in that they thought they got a little bit quicker and faster in that interior pass rush this season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I like that. You know, you you've got your big body in there that you really need. You've got one of the best run stuffing linebackers in the NFL behind them, and what you needed was pass rush. Last year, we know that a lot of the sacks that came from guys outside of Aden Hutchinson were basically coverage sex, which is crazy because your secondary was so bad. But it was the you know, five to six seven second drops that led to these sacks. So the easiest way to get the quarterback is on a straight line, and that's from the interior. So when you have guys up the middle that can push those quarterbacks off their spot, it breaks down the plays and it creates opportunity for guys on the outside to make the play if they're not getting them theirselves. So having an interior pass rush is so important. I mean, look at the Seahawks and how they did that with guys like Leonard Williams up the middle, Like yeah, it's it's it's the modern way to get to the quarterback in the NFL because we've seen firsthand, like what Matt Lafleur and the Green Bay Packers do to neutralize guys like Aiden Hutchinson where it's the quick passing, you get it in the hands, you get it out of the hands before they can even come off the edge. So having guys up the middle that can create pressure is extremely important.
Speaker 2: It's even uh like thinking back on it too, for that quick pressure or just in the middle.
Speaker 3: It's the quickest way there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quarters right at as close as you get.
Speaker 3: To the quarterback for the snap, it's right there in the interior.
Speaker 2: So you got some dogs operating there, you're gonna you're gonna cost some chaos.
Speaker 1: Especially like the the quick twitch up that middle is so important timing the snap, making sure you're off the line fat because you can get between some of those guys.
Speaker 2: You know, if you get that when I play, I'm not pro like that that was my game, Yeah, I was the biggest guy when it came to like varsity football. But I was quick off the ball. I was fucking shoot that again. I'm in that swim exactly. Yeah, I'm stepped dipping rip baby, that's me.
Speaker 3: That's my whole move.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, though small, quick guy, you took snaps and places Lee McNeil today with the first team defense, I kind.
Speaker 1: Of gave it.
Speaker 3: What gave you a hint? No, that would be He's made some plays too, though.
Speaker 2: They said he was out there those screams going crazy making plays in the backfield.
Speaker 4: Former LSU Tiger.
Speaker 1: Yes, Makai Wingle.
Speaker 3: Damn guy, guy that I was nervous about.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I like that. No, Well, I'm selling has to step up?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Well why don't Why wouldn't you like it?
Speaker 4: Because in the offensive line two seasons, I think he has twelve tackles. But if this is him shine, now, this is.
Speaker 3: I'm That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: How many healthy scratches?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 4: If he's getting the first team reps though, that's probably not the best sign. But if this is his time to shine and he finally does step up, I'm here for it. But I like it you think, I mean you've got a wingo guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just feel like specifically getting after the quarterback. Yes, yeah, I think you can do it. Watch his tape at LSU. Mean, he was that quick twitch, small interior off defensive lineman. That's I've seen it with him. Obviously at a collegiate level. We haven't seen consistently at the NFL level. Cancy who ended up going to Tampa Bay. Obviously Aaron Donald a little bit different of a specimen human beings strong too, But like I've seen it now enough times in the modern NFL for like, if that prototype, if you get one that's executing, he can get after the quarterback and cost some havoc.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's especially when you have like that Yin and Yang inside there, guys that work off of each other. Because I've talked we talked about Tyler Williams over the past couple of days and gushing about the presence that he could be. And like I said, if he can truly command a double team, truly command the center and the guards attention, and you get one on one matchups with a guard, the speed rush is how you beat those guys, like those big interior offensive linemen. The speed rush is how you get them out of their spots, especially if they're used to having help with the center. That's a whole gap that they have to protect by themselves that they're going to overcompensate for. So if you can back off the other side of that, it makes things a lot easier. So we saw Makai Wingo kind of have a good game and his limited opportunities last year. When that last game this season, yes, so we'll see. I mean he's going to have to be on the roster this year. When you look at the depth of that interior defensive line situation, you know you lost your two biggest snapholders in Roy Lopez and DJ Readers, so guys are gonna have to make up for that, and having a guy like Mkay Wingo. As you know Emir just said, guys that can move up and down the defensive line, play different spots and use that to their advantage are hard to deal with. So he definitely fits that role.
Speaker 2: I think they're truly hunting that pro type Detroit Lions, that is, because then you turn around this year, yeah, Makai Wingo. Obviously we're waiting to see how that works out for four pressures in two games you played and didn't start by the way, limited snaps. As you said, think's like a ten percent pressure weight last time I checked. But there's obviously hunting that prototype this year when you go and draft Skylar gil Howard in Tyree West and Skylar Gid Howard another guy making a couple of plays a day too, just getting after it. Quick Twitch athletic guy Dan mentioned him as well. He's the one we played doing the alley you with the fucking forty.
Speaker 3: Five pound weight. What you tripped me out? There's a ghost in the room.
Speaker 2: Oh so they're they're hunting that, which means, in my opinion that they were looking for somebody to get some pressure in the tier when a Lee McNeil can't provide it.
Speaker 13: Me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he looked like there's a fucking ghost just turned out. I think I kicked the plug.
Speaker 3: I am, I am add I cannot I cannot deny.
Speaker 1: At least you're not by the window anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was a curse for me for sure.
Speaker 4: Especially getting some wakers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, dude, I was looking back at the videos I had saved on my phone from the watch or from the Sabbath on and there's one where you're just in the window dancing, just rubbing shirt off.
Speaker 12: Wasn't it like a gross ass time, like.
Speaker 1: Probably coming by and get coffee.
Speaker 3: Oh god, I caused a couple of accents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Uh, one piece of the tear that we want to mention. We're talking about the defensive side the ball, because Lee McNeill left today with a little bit of a to be evaluated for a neck injury. But uh, Christian Mahaukeney did return to practice today. He was taking first team reps with Juwe Scrugs. And I don't want you guys to hear the jew Scrugs name and think, oh, is he battling for the left guard spot. He's still gonna probably be your backup center. And that's because Ben bart is still coming back from an injury himself. He's yet to see team reps. He's more one on one individual drills, which they're I mean, day one they had him out there, but day two holding them back a little bit.
Speaker 3: Hey again, that's guy started games crossing the NFL. He's just had a lot of injuries.
Speaker 2: The story of every Detroit Lions creation apparently but low update on the the trenches there.
Speaker 4: Speaking of that interior, I was not here day one of it. How's cad Mays looking? Do we have some cad Mays reporting on MA because I want to hear about the maze. He better being. We need it, so I want to hear some positive news about caid Mazes. He getting worked by McKay wingo, because if so that we got some problems.
Speaker 1: He was getting worked by Tyler Williams. Do you like that?
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: If it's one on ones, I like that. Con centers aren't going to see a lot of one on ones.
Speaker 3: Here's some defensive line blurbs from Justin and.
Speaker 1: Tyler Williams was the first round pick. He should be working a center who was cut last year. Like again, I need people to to remember that too. Like I, he's going to be an upgrade from Graham Glasgow. But cad Mays is not this all pro center. He's not Frank Reraigan now two point zero. He's gonna be better than what you had last year, but he's a borderline top ten center and he needs to prove that this year.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, where would you put on one to thirty two? Obviously we don't watch him on every single center in the league. What do you think that you're getting.
Speaker 1: I watched a lot of Panthers games last year, and you guys know, and like I said, he he is a He's a good center. Good You're going to get solid play from him, and that's what I think you need the most out of him is to anchor that spot and to not be He's not gonna be out of position. He's gonna make sure the guys know what they're doing, and he's gonna provide you a little bit more athleticism than what you're getting out of Graham Glasgow. And like I said, it's not like he's the second coming of Frank rag Now, but he's going to be an improvement from what you had last year.
Speaker 2: Mahogganey had a couple of stuffs on into your offensive lineman going right now. Mahoguey had a couple stuffs on Tyler Lacy, who tried him a few times. The rookie Scolar got Howard mahoggey look great against too Tate, Ratlitch Pancake Makai twice once he fielded in for uh McNeil.
Speaker 1: Want to you want to talk about it, star in your interior offensive lineman, that's what you're looking at. Rach is a dude.
Speaker 2: Blake Miller's footwork was all over the place, but he held his own against dj Wantam. Miles Fraser worked both guards and tackle.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: He finished cleaning with a three and ozero record in the one on one drills against Miles Adams, Tyree West and Eric O'Neil. Kind of you know whatever, Yeah, nothing burger there.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: In terms of defensive wins, Aamen Hastein worked a slick move inside to beat Devin cochrane at the offensive tackle, and then he was doing the guttural screams we mentioned earlier. But the venue stuff that we're getting to. When we started this, Tyler Williams and center Cade Maids split with Williams effectively using a bowl rip to not k May's office platform, and then May's returned the favor of the following rep.
Speaker 1: I want you, guys, once we go to break to read that Texas centolion. Let me know if that joke landed. But uh, yeah, it's that's what I want to see. I want to see these guys slowly per wress through the interior of the Lions offensive line and like get to the final boss of Tate Ratlage, and then I'll be like, okay, if m kay window Yeah, Ifka goes winning winning one on one reps against Tate, then I'll be like, okay, then we got something.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like you beat Juice a couple of times. Good, Yeah, that's that should be the case. That should be the case. That should that's level one, yeah.
Speaker 2: Level two, pure city gym be Yeah, you move up to Misty, you move over to uh to our guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Then level three you know, you know, you never know what's going on. You got Erica ink Mays and then you jump all the way up to Lieutenant surge in our guy, Tate ratli That guy's a pain as to get. Is that right too? If he gets off three double teams?
Speaker 2: Good luck, dick uh. Derek Moore though making some moves today. I don't know if I I don't know if we go segment on this one that's doing now you come back to it.
Speaker 14: I think we should come back to Okay, because Derek Moore having a date, Derek was talking, I catch Derek Moore standing out for the Lions is probably the best case scenario.
Speaker 1: If you want one person turning heads in camp, it's Derek Moore tell us about Mortgage Pros.
Speaker 4: Hi, guys doing one second. I love to hear that, and you're gonna love to work for Mortgage Pros. They are the number one mortgage broker in the state of Michigan and we saw their incredible company culture first hand at their annual block party. Their team truly loves what they do and it shows. With four point nine stars on Google and over four thousand reviews, reputation speaks for itself. So if you are looking for a new job, give Mortgage Pros and Troy a call at two four eight four one six one three six one Mortgage Pros. Let the pros handle it.
Speaker 9: Some more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube and the Tigers all the Time for the hard cord great sports fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams. All season long, you'll get NonStop tires contents from on field interviews, post game reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 15: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy chrisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment. One's great, two even better brood with you and money, no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much, all day IPA hop into easy.
Speaker 1: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit, and that's why I think it's cool.
Speaker 16: I think with opportunity, right, like you said, maybe you'd like to punch people in the face real and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and so if you have an avenue here, maybe.
Speaker 1: You start at one and then want to change in the other.
Speaker 16: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go.
Speaker 1: To explore that.
Speaker 16: Just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do it's the best of your ability, And you know it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit. But we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our shot Woodward Sports.
Speaker 12: Buddies Pizza Home, the original Detroit style pizza. They've been doing it for eighty years and they got a special right now for dinings or carryouts. You could get ten dollars off your fifty dollars order using the promo code Woodwards Sports twenty six.
Speaker 5: That's WWS two six. And you can get more than just pizza. You could get bread.
Speaker 12: You could get you can get their cheese bread, you could get their salads, their meatballs, their wings.
Speaker 5: They got it all.
Speaker 12: So make sure you save ten percent on it all at Buddiespizza dot com or when you get a carry out.
Speaker 1: I'm almost out of Instagram jail. I forgot I keep forgett your name. I've been able to send reels for three days.
Speaker 4: Is that a hell for you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude. I was sending them to Ryan via text. I was copying the Lincoln sending them to them on textee.
Speaker 2: I teased before we went to break a big day from Detroit Lions second round pick out of Michigan, Derek Moore, you had a pair of wins and the one on ones and then the team drill.
Speaker 1: He had a sack too. Oh, it's interesting against.
Speaker 4: Borim.
Speaker 1: Borim make money Borim, big moneyball, Kobe Soarsdelle getting tackle reps.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah in twenty twenty six. Yikes, how you feeling, Nick, that's your guy that I pour water on that.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, Borim better than Wingo, I would say, so big. I think it means a little more to me. Yeah, this is awesome. This is great news. Derek Moore MVP best player on this defense, no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 4: I yeah, obviously you were trying to gass me out there a little bit before dropping the names. I'm a little bit bummed out. But Larry Borum, I mean, should be a backup, but he has started games in his career. Yeah, I'll take it for sure, Derek Moore. I think he is going to be a very productive player for the Detroit Lions. It was not seven and a half. You set yours at four.
Speaker 1: You said you said you had him as seven.
Speaker 4: I said over four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you said seven or eighty six.
Speaker 4: There was no bet made because you were scared to do over four.
Speaker 3: You said seven and eighty six.
Speaker 4: You said, well, what do you think he gets We'll have to start this up another.
Speaker 1: Time, but.
Speaker 2: Everything we just said about the other guys like steps levels right, we want to know that our second round pick is and definitely better than our backups.
Speaker 1: You don't want him losing.
Speaker 2: The reps against Kobe Soresdale, who we had in the sea for four to five feels. He's been here to tire to take your day camp and he's not shown yet anything. So you want to definitely know these beating Kobe soores out there and Larry Borum. That's even another upgrade. He started for the Miami Dolphins last year with a dude injury. Yes, you signed him in the expectation he couldn't let a tackle. He was gonna be your starting tackle. If you're beating both.
Speaker 3: Those guys out that's good news is I'll take that, and that's a plus for me.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's getting those sixty seven sacks, but I'll take it. It means you might see some the field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the summer league type of thing, Like you want to see him looking like he doesn't belong. You want to see Derek Moore out there beating these guys because he shouldn't be going up against them, and Dan Campbell has been preaching him. I did hear a little bit of something when I was watching inside the Den, oh, and they were talking, you know, to Derek Moore. It was the Raft Special, and so it showed all the behind the scenes of the war room when they were drafting these guys, and when Dan Campbell was on the phone with Derek Moore and he was talking to him and he was like, you know, we expect big things out of you in our defense opposite a hutch going out there care business. So we'll see. I don't know if, like I still.
Speaker 9: Believe that.
Speaker 1: Our guy, uh dj Wantam is going to be a starter out there. But I think the best case scenario when you talk about what what Aaron Glenn used to call it was the the what was it the like Maserati field or something like that, or some kind of some kind of pass rush uh NASCAR package NASCAR package, and when it is how I know where you going from. Yeah, I couldn't remember what it was called. And when it is obvious pass rush situations, I would like to see Derek Moore and Aidian Hutchinson at the edges or maybe Aidan Hudcherson on the inside a little bit. I don't know, But I having both of those guys on the field, who are I believe the guys that can win one on ones the most on your team. I think it's gonna be It's gonna be hell for some guys.
Speaker 2: I think the only reason why they took Hutch out of the inside if there's too much traffic where it's a lot easier for them to throw extra bodies at him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, versus screaming off the edge.
Speaker 2: You got to bring those I'm saying in the less efficient base you we're bringing tight ends to that point, well, just gonna fucking eat them alive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you need to allow Hutch to be able to get to that spin move.
Speaker 5: Yes, you got it. He has to have the room.
Speaker 4: But tically that's his go too. I gotta answer to this one real quick. Steve said, you're just saying that because you're a Michigan fan. Nick loll Listen, Derek Moore was like a top sixty recruit when he left high school. Yeah. I was thrilled when he went to Michigan. Why because he projected as a borderline first round pick. Yeah, what was his second round pick. He went to Michigan. He produced. He had a ten SAX season last year. We all know the coaching staff and everything around that program was dodged.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 4: He is getting introduced to a real any culture where they are gonna build him up for the first time of his career or first time since last year. I mean National chadviion Ship. But I will say Derek Moore is gonna produce. And it's not because I'm a Michigan fan. I've seen him play for four years. He is a very good defensive end. I think he's gonna produce. Uh as a rookie.
Speaker 1: And obviously, the thing that I like the most about Derek Moore, and I've seen a lot of Derek Moore, was he gets up for the big moments. That that the big the big time games, the Ohio States, the playoffs, the championships. Like that's when he's out there and he's making a name for himself and you hear him and you see him in the backfield. So hopefully that trend continues.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to kick continue on the rookies? Yeah, uh, let me find it real quick.
Speaker 1: I apologize. Blake Miller worked by Ada Hudson today him with a couple of ghost moves again had him grassman at the air. Good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, get you get your lumps. Kids, you should have been winning reps against Ada Hudson. You're I mean, if you are, that'd be fucking phenomenal. Like, don't get would be happy. But I'm not reading that being disappointed.
Speaker 9: Aide.
Speaker 3: Hutchins's a top five edge rusher in the National Football League.
Speaker 1: He's and like we talked about it with now, it might have been a different type of iron sharpening that iron, but with Penney Sewell and Adan Hutchinson going up against each other, it was the iron sharpens iron throw him into the fire, like, welcome to the league. Kid. A lot of teams got not Aiden Hutchinson, but they've got a double digit sack guy. Yeah, and those guys get paid for a reason. So it's good that he's going up against a top five guy every day at practice.
Speaker 2: And kind of on the opposite spectrum where you're saying, like yet out there's levels to it, like at least you're not hearing it was freaking Makai Wingle or like I'm trying to think of something like Tyler Lacey lea, you's not here like Tyler Lacey was working the rookie and something like that.
Speaker 1: I'm saying it's it's the cream cutcheson team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the very top Ad Hudson of the blurb reads Hudson absolutely destroyed Miller with a ghost moth feeding power before crow hopping around the edge. Miller it mostly held his own while taking nearly all the first team reps, but there have been a few hiccups like the one providing excellent learning and adjustment opportunities for the first round pick to grow.
Speaker 5: Yep, I mean good to hear. You have to expect. I mean this guy.
Speaker 12: Wasn't it last year or two years ago where they had this guy basically had Jordan rules made up in practice where yeah, he couldn't like do shit because he was dominating so much they had to limit him. I expect, I expect this from Blake Miller, and this is not something that causes me any concern whatsoever. I think this is again, I think it's a good situation to have somebody that elite you have to go against every day to prepare.
Speaker 5: It's like over preparing for a test.
Speaker 1: Nick, how do you feel yeah, Victory lap here he goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is terrible news.
Speaker 5: Moving forward, selling your tickets.
Speaker 4: Never shouldn't have said it, and I'm not selling them. I actually just put a payment down this week for everybody.
Speaker 5: In the chest forgot all right, you get them out.
Speaker 4: I will be getting the one hundred dollars in the hot dog suit and then walking my ass into Ford Field.
Speaker 9: So there you go.
Speaker 3: Do it.
Speaker 4: But with Blake Miller you just talked about it. It's Hutchinson. But throughout the progression of this training camp, I want to hear that he has been able to step up to want him. And you don't see Derek Moore seeping through, and you're not gonna see Aiden Hutchinson every single week. But when you do go up against the Packers, you're gonna see a Micah Parsons. And when you go up against the Bears, you're gonna see a Montese Sweat. And I'm not saying they're on the same level, but Montes sweat is better than a Wantum. He's better than a Derek Moore. And I think about you know, even the Vikings, they got some dogs at defensive ends, so and they like to rush specifically that right side, find that week link and you know they'll bring the package to Blake Miller if you can't handle it. So I just want to hear him continuously develop and start to hear some more wins throughout training camp. I'm not gonna overreact now. I'll overreact if it is these bad guys getting past him. Not bad guys, but not as legitimate starter NFL guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I'm reading dj WM eight Hudson particularly, I'm not concerned at all.
Speaker 3: Did you want him?
Speaker 1: Not?
Speaker 3: Still concerned? Derek Moore even probably wouldn't be concerned.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be like every other name after that, because even just now I was trying to give you guys some I couldn't think of him right. We may only keep he had rushes on this team. So if it's anybody else like that, then yeah, I'll start, you know, to have a little Yeah, Peyton Turner, Chris Smith, Tyree West, Tyler Lacy. Yeah, I mean it's if it's those names, you know, it gets ugly, then I'll be concerned. But I'll make note of the fact that we've seen some good or read some good about Blake Miller. Obviously that part wasn't as good, but I'm not I'm not taking it as negative. If we've read some good about Derek Moore, Jimmy Rolder had a day yesterday. The only person we seem to be waiting on is Keith Abney and I read something you try to make a play. Tom Kennedy still me to catch, but he was there to play. But again he's a rookie. We gotta wait for these guys to then. This is the first week camp, this day three of camp. So I'm not I'm not even shifting on that as much, but slow role. I'm still waiting to hear his name is. Some articles had a big day.
Speaker 1: Somebody did have a big day in that secondary though, and it's second second big day in a row. We'll tell you who that is. Coming back from break Fellaspot. Yeah I know.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about Icon Auto. It's the icon you can count on. Go up there today, get your car fixed. If you're dealing with any type of accident, repair of collision.
Speaker 1: They got you covered.
Speaker 2: And I got three commute locations, Mass Nights, Shelby Township and Pontiac. They offer you free carl owners and even offer a page reductible visit icon or dot com.
Speaker 3: It's the icon you can count on.
Speaker 9: A ton of fun an of sorts. Ann Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live. The hunting season is almost to your Detroit and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Henny pancakes, Kirmy Picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network. Sports.
Speaker 12: You need to buy a house right now. Supreme Money can Chatty Chris. Their numbers are on the screen. They got zero percent down payment programs, ninety seven percent customer satisfaction score, and then ninety nine percent clothes on time. These guys don't waste your time and they save you money. You can get five hundred dollars off your appraisal. You can get you can get front row seats at any concert you want. Just lock in and tap in with Supreme Mondy. Check it ass season tickets for the WNBA. You could get. You could get ten years of I'm just about to find obscure facts. I'm about to do that now, I'm about to lock in on welcome back to Wait. You know what five hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: Oh, how much are tickets for the w NBA can't be more than like twenty bucks? Is eighty five? It's probably a couple of hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Kind of I kind of like, have you ever listened to an interview them talking about like have you ever heard them out? Did they have a good point at all on that?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 5: But I know Sophie is getting killed on social media deserve. I'm glad like I had this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad that ship was killing the pitching out for the chant. I see I see people putting a plank from from Natty under her pictures. Dude, I feel about so like she's pretty even fake. Sure, yes she's got I don't deny that. I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he writes, I feel the same with the other girl to that, you like, yeah, her legs?
Speaker 4: The fuck you point on me? Bro?
Speaker 1: Camera, you were you were big, big time. Yes it camera. He's got the face card. She's got leggs too, but yeah, legs.
Speaker 3: It's all.
Speaker 1: But we are overheading these w NBA players. Brother, they're fucking like just Plakue was the perfect Cameron breaks legs.
Speaker 4: It's funny, was the Cameron break. But I did have a girl that was seven ft tall at a cot certain front of me that I sent a picture to you guys. I was like, I think that God, let.
Speaker 5: Me get elbow. Do not do that chat?
Speaker 1: That was a joke? Is it notation? Anyway?
Speaker 5: All right, I'm gonna get these pictures. I was looking for some of the fun you guys.
Speaker 2: W n B A player, Sophie Cunneyham did the Sports of the Strade swimsuit and she didn't put it on the cover.
Speaker 3: But they didn't do her justice.
Speaker 1: It was on the cover. They did it. I mean I hope they did it. I don't think they did.
Speaker 3: They didn't spot she's been like I don't know, she's been like a heart throw for people. I don't I never got it.
Speaker 4: Also, she hated on Detroit, I mean lost all credibility and my bo she hated on Detroit. Oh, I was Detroit in there to get a team, probably because Detroit is a better fucking state than your little Indiana fever Bud.
Speaker 3: The best sports town in the country.
Speaker 5: Terrible pal pal.
Speaker 1: Pretty much swim and she was built like a fucking I'll show you a long as This is what it looks like.
Speaker 12: I was trying to find that tweet to go with this picture, but I couldn't. So here's a picture. Here's a picture that they said back shots like a.
Speaker 1: Fried long as days.
Speaker 2: I mean, I never got man, but all due respect her for going out there doing it long and publish it after they came out like that.
Speaker 3: Maybe shit, no, I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: All due respect, that's the difference between her and Hailey vand Lyth. You ain't get that shot with Hailey Van liftmart exactly.
Speaker 1: That's better milk Sophie.
Speaker 2: So yeah, ball Anyway, moving on Fridays, it's pretty for us in the camp, yeah, football fans.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Whid continues to make plays at Lions camp. He had another interception today that was off of Teddy Bridgewater. But he's he's working with the second team unit because you've got your starting cornerbacks on the outside is DJ Reid and uh and Rocky Scene. But it's good to hear him going out there and making plays. It's good to hear him continuing to turn heads in camp because you're gonna need that depth solidified behind your guys.
Speaker 2: I Uh, it's he's one of the guys that last year came out of the legion at home and he was the one that was still.
Speaker 1: Like fairly young. And he's from Michigan too.
Speaker 2: I have not mistaken I could be wrong if doing double chippy on that, I could be way wrong, to be honest with you, but either way, Uh, he was the guy he kind of had a hope alps and he and he showed you some flashes and that's like stuff. You get a guy that's like twenty four twenty five, Like he shows you that you're allowed to have a little bit of hope that that can continue or blossoming even more.
Speaker 1: Stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And yes it's against the third team and now the second team, but like that's how you work your way up. Yeah, we've all played video games, you know, in the Madden or two K. It's like you start in France, you start in college, you're off the bench, then you start and likes, that's how that's how it works, man, And he's he's going through those progressions. He's really playing my team. That's his favorite fucking team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh hopefully he can continue to turn heads. And because like we talked about, they like to have their eleven best guys out there at all time, and that nickel cornerback spot is open for a battle. So I know they see him as more of an outside guy as well as Ennis Rakestraw. But if they have their bet their three best cornerbacks, their three best cornerbacks are gonna be playing and gonna be starting, so he could definitely win that spot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think in the nickel position is probably what you're thinking about what you were talking about, Nick Whiteside, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Just because the outside position kind of feel yeah, I mean we got guys locked in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then speaking of the nickel, when we do the clip of Dan Campbell talking about that, we do have the host tearing of the game plan was for the nickel position, and this is maybe whiteside spot to break in, their chance to.
Speaker 17: Break in the veteran safety group. He kind of got right now, is he in? Maddox Clark.
Speaker 7: Harper?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 17: What are the chances that any of those guys compete for the nickel? I think they all have experience there. But do you see those guys all getting a ship.
Speaker 6: So really the plan was to start this going in was that Izzy was gonna we were gonna give him some of the base nickel stuff, you know, and then it didn't, you know, set this whole thing up. And then that's kind of how it works, and then you know he's not able to go, so we adjust, but you know, he's really I think the let's give the first shot of you know, more base reps first, intend you know, second and six or under, and let him play that. And he's done that before. He's an active player around the box obviously, and so we you know, that's on hole until he gets back. But he's really the first guy we think of. We know Maddus can play nickel. I mean, he's lived in it through his whole career. But the intrigue for us we know he can do that is the safety man, you know. And really Max has grown a ton just in a year at that position for us, so you know, he and Chuck back there there. Again it's early, but man, they work pretty good together and they communicate and they're both pretty savvy guys.
Speaker 1: So so again a little thing in there sounds like it's going to be the unction in the Detroit Lions back end of their secondary with Vonte Maddix and Chuck Clark. But I'm not mad about it though.
Speaker 3: Today I specifically we talked about the preimive run game yesterday.
Speaker 2: This morning I got a little bit of time. I gave my phone a Brice and he could go play Pokemon whatever. I was going to watch, like those primitive runs that gashes iguess the vikings against the Steelers. I watched a couple against the Rams. The one thing I noticed every time was a safety opposition. And I know, safety's your last line defense, Like you don't want your safety to be the one making that tackle. You don't evenant the running back to get that far. But unfortunately it was happening. Jack Campbell got clipped on one blocked from the back, and the other ones he kind of navigated his way through. But the guys there, all due respect to him, God bless them, you know, for trying their best. But Thomas Harper and believe it was Jaden Mills did not know what the fuck they were doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I posted this on Twitter. I mean, Jaden Mills fumbling over his goddamn feet. Once you finally realized what was happening. Thomas Harper, Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe you want to watch like your outside containment and yours oude of the field, but the tirety of the fucking offense is going to the left. Brother, you gotta crash down there and get to to make the damn tackle. It's the unction I need them in the safety. I'd rather have somebody knows what the fuck they're doing than these guys are lost in the shuffle, you know, and it sounds a tape. I mean they don't know their walls and I fou was watching middle school football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and safety you don't need the most you know, explosive athletes back there. I mean, definitely helps, but it's a majority of instincts reading the play and diagnosing what's going on because you have, you know, the freedom back there to do what you want kind of. So having guys like Chuck Clark and Avonte Maddocks in the back end that have been there before, have played on elite defenses before, have won Super Bowls before, is good. It's it's obviously not what we want. We want obviously our two you know, all pro level safeties back there, but unfortunately it's it's not gonna happen. So don't hold your breath and don't don't keep holding on to that dream. You gotta work with what you got. And Chuck Clark and Avonte Maddocks are fine to to kind of fill those holes to begin the season.
Speaker 3: Give me a junction that has seen a few things, right.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna fall for every little trick in the book, and they'll actually crash down. At least get a body there's slowed down, somebody else can help you tackle them or something like that. I mean, it was bad, Like I said, I posted on my Twitter. I want to post it up today. Jack Campbell actually briefly talked about did I send that and Slack Chris, No, you didn't. Fuck well, I'll get it to you at some point, but uh yeah. Last year after Calvin Sheppard caught a lot of gripe for those plays, and I I think I found myself there too, because Calvin Shepard's kind of excused him like, we'll ever take out these forty five yard touchdowns. We had a pretty good day get stopping the run. Yeah no, no, he did it because those forty five yard touchdowns happened in the same damn game. I'll be enough for those guys in that game, Steelers all forty five yards even the reception, How weird is that? That's pretty that's kind of crazy six sixty six anyway, Uh, I'm not wanting though, not enough connect the dots. Four plus five is nine nine upside down six alright. I just I mean it's the pretty good you think I used to all the time with att Oh yeah, give me the unction. I forgot where I was going with this altogether.
Speaker 1: I think you're worshiping. Oh.
Speaker 2: I just I just again, like I have more faith than Calvin Shepherd after going back watching those games and being like, Okay, this this guy they had in that safety here was fucking picking his nose, daring his play and.
Speaker 1: And it's extremely especially with the Lions defense is very very predicated on the safety play. And obviously it helps when you have two of the best in the league. But yeah, I think we saw Vonte Maddox make some good plays when he was playing safety on the back end, some past breakups and some things like that. We know that Chuck Clark is not scared to get downhill and he put his nose in on the run game. So Yeah. I think if I had to ask for two guys back there that aren't Kirby Joseph and Brian Branch on the roster right now, it would be the unction.
Speaker 3: And another thing I want to dispel. Just prove to you guys they played more.
Speaker 2: Zone coverage last year on the Kelvin Shepherd than they've ever played under Dan Kimball's tenure.
Speaker 3: I'll find this split.
Speaker 2: I think I might tweeted out at some point recently or a couple months ago, like they played zone. Kelvin was trying, dude, but he only had what he had to work with. They're practice squad of players. Jayden Mills, do you guys know what the fuck that is?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: Did you know Thomas Harper was before this year?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 3: I mean, God bless him.
Speaker 4: But damn man, how is the blitzing looking like.
Speaker 1: Today? Last year? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you have those numbers?
Speaker 1: But I don't have those numbers?
Speaker 16: Fault.
Speaker 4: I apologize fuck six six.
Speaker 5: Every time we met.
Speaker 4: No, I mean this is good to hear just from these safeties, Like I want to find hope within it. And I know Clark has played a lot of football before, and you know he's he's been on multiple teams, but you know what, if the guys in front of them can do their job, just don't be the reason that we're losing games, Like specifically, like those two guys getting burnt, those two guys not making those tackles on the edges. Like if you, you know, if Justin Jefferson goes up and mosses you, Okay, don't let it be Jordan Addison is basically what I'm trying to say here, like don't let it be Watson in the exactly, Like, if you're gonna get beat by the best, okay, I get it, you're a safety in the NFL. But if you're gonna get beat by you know, Christian Watson on Green Bay and on Thanksgiving, like I can't have it at home. I just can't see that ship. And that's where these guys need to step up this season, especially until the guys get healthy, which Brian Branch get healthy, We'll see what the hell is up with Kirby Joseph.
Speaker 2: Uh sixty three percent zone verse thirty two percent man the Detroit Lines last year, it's want to spell the stuff. The man stuff was for sure thing on Aaron Glynn and it was for sure, like the philosophy of the team. Last year they played more zone they ever had and they had to we can't. You said you can't fucking put on anybody. Yeah, go man and man Jamar Chase today.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh by the way, where'd you work here before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were stocking shelves a fucking manards. Yeah yeah, we'll cover this receiver one on one man cover shave big money at minards.
Speaker 3: We get back more training camp stuff.
Speaker 1: But before Madpecks, go to get maadpacks dot Com and find a store near you carrying the best product in the game, Hilo pre Ros, Boomshock Locker, Tarantula's Taca, Blis, Peck Fees, Moon Rock's topshell Flower, and their line of concentrates. Don't forget the gummies. Mad Packs has got it all. Go to get Madpacks dot Com finding near you today, Mad Flavor, Mad High, Mad Packs.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the Time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motor Cities teams. All season long, you'll get non stop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious gym that's filled with a quick for every workout? And how about pre fitness training and the judgment free zone that leath and feeling energize all day long. Joint plated fitness today with the pre pf app online or in club and start getting that big business energy for fifteen dollars a month.
Speaker 1: You're building a whole combat sports enterprise in the heart of it in Detroit. And that's why I.
Speaker 16: Think it's I think with opportunity, right, Like you said, maybe you like to punch people in the face for real, and you know you want to be a boxer, and you have an option there. Maybe you don't like get punched in the face and you want to make you know, you like the theatricals and the storylines, and so if you have an avenue here, maybe you start at one and then want to change the other. I don't care. I just want you in the building and know that you have some place to go to explore that just having the ability to what do you want to do and how do you want to do the best your ability? And you know, it all starts with the kids.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our Woodward Sports.
Speaker 2: Next week August sixth, we're at Artin Jake's. The Tiger's game will be on, but we'll be talking football ases jump when you already know training camp pads on. We're talking Detroit Lions, eating some food, the best food from Martin Jakes. Listen, fine, Donny Flavor sports bar setting pull up. We'll still be getting way two sets of Tiger's tickets, by the way.
Speaker 5: Check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna do it as a punishment. Yeah, whoever has the whoever has the worst take of the day gets banished to watch the Tigers.
Speaker 2: And a kid I knew they played more zone. I did not know a sixty three percent. Yeah, that's crazy, it's crazy. If our guy doesn't help in the run game as well.
Speaker 3: It does not help in the run game though, because you're flowing around trying to man your spot.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's why they did I mean they were that they were a better run defense on Aaron Glynn and that man defense for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean everything's closer to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 3: You know, that does make tons of sense. We have Covin Shoppings, so we have we did have Jack Campbell, we do have Jack. Like the moment's past.
Speaker 5: But okay, do you want to or Not's just play it.
Speaker 3: I mean it makes me feel better to hear him talk like this a little bit.
Speaker 5: All right, Dan say yesterday that.
Speaker 18: The thing that he needs to see for you guys to you know, to feel comfortableing over. You know, you can stop the run, No, you can run the ball situation stuff too.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 19: I mean, I yeah, I mean I hang my hat on the run game. So I mean hopefully there's no issue there and there's no excuses to like that's like something obviously we're not gonna go for this year. It's just get your job done and if you don't do it, you don't do it. And there's just it's it's you can see it on the table. It's blatant. It doesn't matter if you're the top guy or the bottom guy on the roster. We need you to do your job so and everyone will be held account of one. I feel like that also starts with me. I can, I can work continue to improve on that.
Speaker 3: So he ain't having that bullshit this year. He's gonna get called out.
Speaker 1: Talk is cheap, motherfucker. You're right, though, Nick, talk is cheap. You guys see the executed on the field.
Speaker 4: Say to his face, Nick, No, I was saying, excuse, no, you've read that drop wrong my bad excuses in general for the defense. I don't care about your injury. I don't care about anything. We'll see it on the tape. I wasn't saying talk is cheap to Jack. I'm saying the players that he's talking about, we won't make excuses like talk is sheep. You gotta do it on the field. No, I know, like I cooked there, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, it's just idiot. It's uh yeah, you're right. You need to see you need to like I don't even know what you said, but talk is cheap, Like, motherfuck it. You can't have excuse. Everybody in this league is gonna be banged up. Everybody in this league's gonna have injuries. Obviously, not to the same extent as the Detroit Lions for the most part. But I think Jack leads with his with his with his actions more than he does with his talking. We saw that in a first team All Pro season last year, so there are still things he can improve on. I know he's dying to get a couple couple interceptions down there, but I think, uh, I think this defense is going to be much more stout against the run. I think they they assured that by bringing in, you know, a guy like DJ Wanham that is going to set that edge and he's going to make sure people don't get past him. I think Chuck Clark is going to be a big factor of the Lions cutting down a big a big factor of the Detroit Lions cutting down on some of those outside runs that were killing him last year. But Jack's just gotta keep going. If he plays exactly like you did last year, we're all happy.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, and I like the fact that it feels like he's poised to call those guys out this year though, because he did get the check.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does.
Speaker 3: Got to see you carry on a big dig in that locker room these days, so hopefully that is fixed.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's kind of looked like he was, you know, circling back to last year a little bit and pissed off about it. People are making some fucking excuses. That's kind of why that kind of games.
Speaker 1: Oh, why they couldn't make plays.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, as a team, as a whole, it sounds like they got talked to in the locker room. That shit ain't happening. It's not flying this year. I loved this out of Jack Camas.
Speaker 1: Well, he's out there.
Speaker 4: I like the talks cheap motherfucks.
Speaker 1: While he's out there flying around with half of his lip flying off his face, making tackles. Still, like when you see your green dot, when you see your first team all pro making stuff like that and doing shit like that, it's hard not to kind of look past your injuries. And so I think as his leadership role progresses in this defense, we're gonna see, you know, them take more of the Jack Campbell mindset of you're gonna have to carry me off the field.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: So I'm catching a bunch of the chat stuff I am surprised to read and so shout the user Brandon has the best takes by far, including no paying Gibbs. I'm surprised Brandon was a pro player on that one. You gotta pay Gibbs though, Yeah, I don't know the context that conversation. I can't really speak on it, but you gotta pay Gibbs. You got this much invest in this team.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: That's not where you cut the corner.
Speaker 1: That's not where you cut the corners. Bro, let's not play. Let's not pay premier Gibbs. Then why the fuck did you just trade David Montgomery?
Speaker 3: Because can I be honest too?
Speaker 2: Like hearing Dan Campbell talk about Lee McNeil coming back from injury last year and not being himself, I had that. As much as I love the guy, I had that same expectation for Brian branch in the since, meaning we're gonna get him at a discount too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think brand should get me. Be fine. He could be like you know everything he's yeah, really, yes, I'm not worried about him at all. That's because, like I know, different sports blah blah blah. But a guy like Jason Tatum who is the same kind of like not you know, his game's not modeled after his athleticism or after his explosion and stuff like that. He came back, he looked just as good as he did. How crazy they're saying he can be practicing in September. Yeah, bro, It's it's literally like this is the next checklist for modern sports medicine. Like you remember the a c L. The ACL tair used to be fucking you're done sorry, yeah, but now then it was Adrian Peterson coming back off of an ACL tear in six months winning the m v P, Like it's just okay, Now it's just you tear your A c L. Yeah, you're out for half a year, but you'll be back. You'll be fine. Obviously the Achilles is much different. But I think that as more of these happen, as this tends to pop up as the boogeyman, it's slowly slowly, they're they're getting better, They're they're they're figuring it out and they're gonna be fine.
Speaker 12: Hasn't hasn't Tommy John kind of stepped into that too, where it used to be like a career ender in baseball and now it's being much less of a now enhances you a c L.
Speaker 1: Tom Tommy John's.
Speaker 4: Earlier Yeah, Jackson, yob watch out Jackson Joe coming back.
Speaker 1: When his first pitch back, he should be back pretty soon. One first pitched back.
Speaker 4: He threw a bullpen Tuesday with the Big Club in co America Park, So we'll see. I think they were sending him down. Possibly he's not with the club right now, but we'll see. I mean, well, we might need him after they trade Casey Mounser School. Also, big video coming out later. Make sure to check out what We're Tigers were recording it right after the heavyweights. Subscribe to the channel Big News in Baseball, Big News in Baseball, and we might do a live stream tonight.
Speaker 1: And you might do a live stream tonight.
Speaker 4: Max Clark. Max Clark super excited.
Speaker 1: His chains will make him a better player to for it rains.
Speaker 3: He was just here watch shout out. Did you guys go to the after party?
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 3: I was to change at the party. It was like two days before, so it was like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I really wanted to Wayne was the dude did you see that?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 5: No, They're say like he's got like a BBL basically like he got like fake as.
Speaker 1: You didn't see the picture of him looking jack as fuck? Wayne? Yeah, Yeah, I find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might be it was as making jack. It was well, not like it still got healthy. He still got like this bro looked like an action figure. I'm about to get my grandma on the PEPs Hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm attected grant crossing people.
Speaker 2: I asked my boy, I said, I said, uh, is Greg Taylor actually from Burger I said, you know what would this do for my grandma? He's like, turn your grandma to the Hulk. I'm like, bet, there we go because she's having trouble walking. So we fixed out fixed grandma. She's actually on the show what we called we should do a t Burger's food review.
Speaker 3: We should dog They're always so far away.
Speaker 1: I remember when we were at this bow for one of the times and tie Burt and he gave us control burgers. It was just a Patty and the bunill. It was one of the best burgers overhead. Dude, I don't understand how this works. It was so fucking good. I'm read up on the injury stuff. Obviously, Christian Mahogany back. They McNeil left early, Jimmy Rowler left early.
Speaker 2: Jacob Sailors he left early as well, with Manu out there saying sores, that's why.
Speaker 3: He's back at tackle. Gail Sailors, Jacob Sailors. Uh, it's kind of got with the injury stuff.
Speaker 2: We do have Greg Greg Dortch, I guess was getting snippy with the reporters because I referred to him as a gadget player. Damn, I don't have that clip, but I have Dan Campbell's reaction to it. You want to play that, Chris, I just want to ask about Greg Dortch.
Speaker 7: Yep, you know he said he he doesn't really like the the the moniker gadget guy.
Speaker 18: Just you know, he thinks of himself more as a playmaker, you know after seeing him, and obviously saw him before playing against him, But what do you think you have in him?
Speaker 7: How many different ways.
Speaker 1: Can he help you?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 6: Maybe it's the way you're pronouncing that. Just say it a different way and gaja or something. Did you see some of those returns yesterday, those those drills we had I love Flipps. We the five on five from the man. His return ability really showed up. And he wasn't the only one. We had a couple other guys that were pretty good, but but that that was it. That was really impressive. But you know, there again, dors has got a history here with with petsing, you know, so he knows what he's able to do. Certainly we know what he's able to do from Afar just on tape, and so you know, for him, it's, man, where do you fit in at? You know we we're gonna need to be able to use your rely on you. We feel pretty good so far about the return stuff. But there again, we got a whole camp to go. But we also got three three pretty good receivers too right now at the top of this thing that we feel pretty good about, really good about. So you know, his is finding where do I fit into that? And where can I make my mark?
Speaker 1: And no it isn't.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, we got plenty of guys that can we can give a gadget to I mean saying we can give a gadget, We can give Jmo a gadget, We can give Gibbs a gadget. So his is, man, what were is that? What do I do best? Where can I fit into this? And just play receiver? So we think him that way he plays Z can play f.
Speaker 9: And go to work.
Speaker 3: Here's Greg George, that's gotta be a I well, the one on the left is Ai, but the one on the right is the real one.
Speaker 1: I believe that he's always looked like that, but he's actually like he's got pretty cut abs in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean black don't crack. Yeah, well, you know the one thing that trips me out, and I just don't believe at this point. I saw a clip a little way on Little Dicky's podcast. He's like sleep Yeah, yeah, not.
Speaker 1: A fucking chance. You don't see that. He's a crackhead. You would die, die, You literally would die.
Speaker 5: I've seen lean and literally makes sleep. Yeah, it makes you pass up.
Speaker 1: But he also does cocaine a lot, and that doesn't you don't do cocaine. Don't don't. Don't do that to Wayne.
Speaker 5: Don't put those defensive Yeah, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You don't think Lil Wayne does cocaine?
Speaker 4: No, what kind of oppers do you think he's on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, low way doing cocaine. What have you heard? He would have rapped about it. Cocaine Wayne, It's right there.
Speaker 5: I will say. We will be breaking down all the wrapp k podcast tonight. Are they real? Does it look cute?
Speaker 12: We'll have it all breaking down on the whole. No, but we do have a versus tonight Little Wayne verse future.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be fun. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 3: It's got a song called Cocaine does Yeah, that don't mean does cocaine.
Speaker 5: It's metaphoric. It's a metaphoric God Spencer has pre.
Speaker 1: Cocaine for the hose.
Speaker 5: Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: You know that that's true.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately it is true. The hose love to blow. All right, it's gonna break. We will be joined by special guests here shortly.
Speaker 1: But before then, don't for on a boat with spending Denver Blair is trying to talk shit, but he didn't. He didn't get it.
Speaker 3: That sounds like an AI request he made. Yeah, show me a little way and spend the boat.
Speaker 1: Kissing me.
Speaker 5: With just soft.
Speaker 1: With liberal hand. Tell us, well yall though, but.
Speaker 5: Make it feel safe. Listen.
Speaker 2: That wasn't a little Wayne with abs. That was actually a fat little way. You need to get your eyes shet. Go see my guys at the Yard Eye Center. Stop spending a cute amount of money on context on glasses. Get the one time operation done and the people do a best that's a the yald O Eye Center right now, they got a summer deal going for just sixteen ninety nine and get Lasick per I sixteen ninety nine at the yard O Eye Center.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to your Detroit and you're lying are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Common Roth first downs, Kenny Pancakes, Kurmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack Fox his leg Stay locked in on all your lines coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network, Sports Jimi and Gibs breakout season floating inside the five GPS to the ex touchdown. Woodward Sports the most dominant Detroit sports coverage around.
Speaker 1: Cannabis, go to loom dot com to find a location near you. Use promo code WSN thirty to get thirty percent off your order and grab some of these buzzing energy drinks seven half milligrams. To you see a hunterd milligrams of caffeine in it, can make sure you check it out. It's buzzin energy from Loom Cannabis. Loom dot Com promo code WSN thirty what up to Welcome back to whatever It's live When with sports dot Com.
Speaker 2: I'm easy, you must be Morax Young Chris Nicholas Coloff were also.
Speaker 1: Joined by mm A fighter Abe als Gazir. What up?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 1: Did Did I pronounce that?
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 13: Al Sager?
Speaker 1: Yep, here we go man.
Speaker 2: Now you you stayed in Michigan for born in Lebanon, but you lived in Michigan where I am?
Speaker 1: Where'd you train at?
Speaker 13: I lived in.
Speaker 20: Dearborn and then moved to Canton, but most likely all like since I moved from Dearborn from Lebanon in twenty sixteen, all in Dearborn area. I trained at a gym in that area as well. But now in April, I'm waiting to move to Vegas.
Speaker 1: And you said that you felt, you know, the city of Dearborn behind you and supporting you in your runs so far? So what does that mean to have you know, the city of Dearborn, you know, supporting you in your run to try to get that UFC contract.
Speaker 20: You know, it's amazing because it's like the biggest Lebanese community out there. So to be honest, every whatever communities Lebanese Arab supported me. I'll be the only Lebanese fighter in the UFC currently. So I'm very excited to make that run.
Speaker 3: Who's got the best shwarma in Dearborn?
Speaker 20: Who's got the best showar one Deerborn peoples people.
Speaker 1: I'll try that one.
Speaker 9: I've been there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll have to do a food review on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Looking at the current state of the UFC, I think like it's waiting for somebody to kind of to take it by storm. It's waiting for you know. I talked about like when John Jones went through and cleaned up all the old heads and kind of, you know, solidified who he is where it was legends that he was taking down. How much does that excite you? Knowing that, like if you get in there, you you start knocking these guys down, you start checking these boxes, and you never know what could come from.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 20: It's it's not if I get in there, it's when I get in there, and it's gonna happen in twelve days. And I'm just I'm very excited to go out there, show the talent I have, the hard work I put in, and I'm just excited to change my family's life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's it work?
Speaker 13: Is?
Speaker 1: This is like a big, big fight for you?
Speaker 2: Obviously, like do you watch film on this I know some guys don't like to watch film because they don't want a second guess while they're in there, or are you Are you watching film on this guy?
Speaker 3: Or you're just going in there just to finish them. That's that's a job.
Speaker 13: Yeah, one hundred percent. I've watched film. My team's watched film, but it's not like like we watched it at the beginning of the camp.
Speaker 20: Now it just like basically the I'm running the fight how I want it, not based off of my opponent. With all due respect, we both earned this spot to be here because we're the top athletes that are not signed to the UFC yet.
Speaker 13: But August eleven, it's welcome to the UFC.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you you also served our country in the military. How did that prepare you for MMA?
Speaker 20: You know, so I started training a little bit senior year of high school before leaving to the military, and then like I was like iffy about training and stuff, and then I loved for the military and I came back.
Speaker 13: It's I'm a whole different person. The discipline, the whole work.
Speaker 20: Even when I was in the military, I've always wanted to be the best out of everybody in my company, beat all the scores and everything.
Speaker 13: It just always been and who I am?
Speaker 1: And how have you like the Danna Whites Contender series? You know, I was a huge fan of The Ultimate Fighter back in the day when that was out. The same kind of thing going on with Dana White's Contender series. How has that been for you? And what could you tell us about Dana?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 13: So I got the paull.
Speaker 7: It was beginning of June.
Speaker 13: I was here in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I made the move.
Speaker 20: I knew something big was coming. That's why I left Michigan. I needed to up my game and level, especially with my training partners. So me coming here gave me that look. And when I got the call beginning of June, I was like, let's do it. I knew I was bringing to the table and Uh, to be honest, I'm very excited to go out there and perform August eleven.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, I'm excited for you too. You got three finishes on your record so far. I see two of them by strikes. You're the one real naked choke. How you describe yourself as a fire to listeners and a self to Dana White and UFC fans, you.
Speaker 20: Know I'm on the fourteen fight win streak, twelve finishes. I'm eight and zero as a pro, who's seven finishes?
Speaker 13: I come out there. I don't look for the finish. I let the finish present itself. That just who I am.
Speaker 20: If it goes to decision, then it goes to the decision. You know, God has a plan for everything, and I trust by it.
Speaker 1: Who would you say that you know you've modeled your game after that some of the you know UFC or MMA fighters anywhere that you would say you've tried to you know, you've taken from them, either in technique and style and approach. Who would you say were your biggest inspirations?
Speaker 13: You know, I'm open to everybody, to be honest.
Speaker 20: We have people at the gym that are amateurs and they've seen stuff that I haven't seen before, and I'm like, oh, can you show me that?
Speaker 13: Can you show me this?
Speaker 20: It's not it doesn't have to be the biggest names in the game. It's whoever can show you the smallest stuff that actually work for you. Somebody can show you something and it doesn't fit your style. Uh, there's a lot of fighters. Jared the Gordon helped me out a lot. Aaron peek Will helped me in a lot. Mattea's Camilo.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 20: They always helped me out in the gym. But somebody I look up to is Alex Volkanowski.
Speaker 1: That's a good watch the guys go. Yeah, he's a chameleon man.
Speaker 2: I think he switches up depends on who's fighting, and so I respect that a lot, Yes, sir, Yeah.
Speaker 20: It's it's what he brings to the table. Everybody says, oh I need to go one forty five. I'm a little too small to one fifty five until they get until they get hit or they're in there with me. So it's basically the same as Volkanowski, who's the short guy, but taking everybody out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how'd you decide to branch at the MM?
Speaker 4: Male?
Speaker 3: How does that become like a career you pursue?
Speaker 2: Is something you always wanted to do or something you were training around a little bit and you realize you a little bit better than other people or what was it?
Speaker 13: No? So, uh, I was never into sports. I didn't even know what jumping jacks was.
Speaker 20: I never because growing up in Lebanon, we don't I come from a very small village, we don't have any sports. So coming here, I went to high school, I didn't do wrestling or anything. Then I graduated, went to the military. When I came back, I was like, I went to the show and I watched them, and I had a kickboxing fight schedule that got canceled, and then I jumped in a short notice MMA fight and got a knockout in thirty seconds, and I was like, man, these gloves the four hours.
Speaker 13: It's a whole different world, and I'm just ready to show it.
Speaker 1: Ahead. I was gonna say, every time we have a fighter on, we like to ask them about their mount rushmore of MMA fighters, So like, who would be your top four? Who would be the four guys that you would say is the top of the top.
Speaker 13: Ever or currently ever GSP, GSP John Jones, Kabe Anderson Silva.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, top four?
Speaker 1: Now how about now.
Speaker 20: Currently Volkanowski, Islam, Justin Gachie and Okay, uh Pantoja.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure, or Peter or Peter Young.
Speaker 13: They're very complete fighters.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Peter pressed me with that last one against uh.
Speaker 20: M.
Speaker 3: I can't think it was damn.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I guess I thought Rob was gonna like the first fight.
Speaker 2: I thought Rob was gonna pick him up something down a million times, and Peter was actually grappling on that one.
Speaker 20: Yeah, there's I don't I don't believe there's a better UFC fighter than Peter jan As a like a whole mixed martial artist with everything they bring to the table, like good in his striking, good in the clinch, yeah, and the kicks in the grappling.
Speaker 7: There's no more a complete fighter his box.
Speaker 3: He's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'll never forget the there was quarantine he's fighting Jose. You hear those body shots like, yeah, disgusting.
Speaker 20: It was at the It was at the APEX, and fights at the ape are always crazy. Yeah, that's how they sound that. That's where I'm fighting in twelve days. So I'm so excited.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: How's that moment feeling? Do you feel like the moment coming up for you or you just focus on your opponent?
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 20: I'm just I'm taking it all in. I'm you know, I'm very grateful to be to have this opportunity. I just I can't wait to wake up Wednesday morning, August twelve as a UFC fighter. I want that feeling so bad. I've never this this fight is a haunt to me and I can't wait to bring it to real life.
Speaker 2: Where can we do you have somewhere we can watch your highlights? I just followed you on Instagram, but where else could we see like some of your work?
Speaker 13: You know, I post on Instagram a lot.
Speaker 20: There's a lot of my stuff on YouTube as well, but most likely Instagram is might go to and uh August eleven, tune in on Paramount Plus, I'm gonna blow the roof off that ufc Apex.
Speaker 3: Let's fucking going, man. Anybody want to shout out back at Michigan, you know, I just.
Speaker 20: Want to give a shout out to doctor Michael Din Life Medical Center, Senora Foods and uh Zoel's Good Burger.
Speaker 13: There have been great people to me.
Speaker 20: Shout out to my gym here Parada, where I'm training at in Vegas. These people took me in like family and it's only been a couple of months. And uh to every Lebanese, every supporter out there. I'm excited to make this dream come through reality.
Speaker 1: We appreciate you joining us so much. And like, do we have a prediction? You're talking first round finished knockout with smission?
Speaker 13: What do we feel it, tune in and then all you're gonna hear is welcome to the UFC.
Speaker 7: I promise.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, we appreciate you.
Speaker 1: You can't wait to see you. I'm the There we go, there we go.
Speaker 3: All right, appreciate you calling it man, shout out to you.
Speaker 1: Man, that's awesome. You can't wait to see that. And like Dana White's Contender series, I think it is so cool because it's guys that are like a like trying to make it into the UFC, and they're putting everything on the line because once you're in, you're in. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like so like Ultimate Fire is like a slow roll, right, it's a competition. Sometimes you gotta win to get there. In the Dana White into the series, it's one night you gotta impress. Yeah, you gotta get that ko. You gotta make an impression on the owner of USC and at your ticket. In our guy Jamal Hill, that's how he got it.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: For Sushan O'Malley, that's how he got into. So it'd be an entertaining fight. Uh shot topology for being the shittiest fucking MMA website. It's just three finishes that go to shirt dog. It shows me all seven Fuck typology.
Speaker 1: Fuck typology. Shout out to Abe get that w get into the UFC officially shout out to him. We're gonna go to break. We're gonna come back. We got some more lions when we come back from break. But first, let me tell you about Amnesia. The Amnesia Switch. You can find it at any dispensary near you. Just ask, hey, you guys got the Amnesia switch. They're gonna be like, oh, yeah, of course, these things are flying off the shelves. It's got two different flavors of liquid THC diamonds in a single device. You press a button to hit one or the other or at the same time. So make sure you check out the Switch from Amnesia.
Speaker 9: For more Detroit Tigers coverage, make sure you subscribe to Woodward Tigers on YouTube. Old Tigers all the Time for the hardcore Detroit sports fans who can't get enough for the Motorcities teams. All season long, you'll get NonStop Tigers contents from on field interviews, postgame reactions, and roundtable insight from Woodward Sports.
Speaker 15: Some days call for light, others lean bold, what about everything in between? All day IPA the easy choice for every day citrusy crisp refreshing flavor. You can float with light on the hops, big on refreshment. One's great two even better. Brood with you and money, no shortcuts, no fuss, big on flavor, never too much, all day ipa hop.
Speaker 13: Into easy h.
Speaker 9: We don't like to brag that we are the toughest sports network in Detroit, but we do have a guy named Darren McCarty on our side, Woodward Sports.
Speaker 1: It's Friday. You just got paid.
Speaker 2: Go see that hot butt to their dispensary and get yourself hooked up with the Royal Jester quad Infuse Royal Junior Josh as Well. Took a little bit too much for you, but but you're right where you need to be. Smoke like Royalty, only with gold crownd he wanted.
Speaker 21: Blake would have been comfortable if we had to make a small.
Speaker 7: Incremental move.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you see.
Speaker 21: Yep, we had a lot of common conversations of trading up there, and everything is contingent always on draft day, so nothing is really guaranteed.
Speaker 17: Fifteen nine, eighteen or ninety thirteen.
Speaker 1: It depends on how Baltimore as you would do.
Speaker 13: Seventeen one eighteen twenty seven.
Speaker 9: Table wants to check it and leg and see what it was second both floors.
Speaker 7: O gets back on that five. If this is quarterback for the.
Speaker 8: Los Angeles Rams select Ty Simpson.
Speaker 21: Wow, when La took the quarterback, felt pretty confident that we'd be in a good position to land Blake. You know, you still want to be prepared and have those conversations just in case you need to make them move up those next trying to figure it out.
Speaker 7: Honestly, people think, yeah, yep, I think.
Speaker 21: Sitting at seventeen, having conversations at fifteen, you know, with Tampa Jets r at sixteen, and you just don't know what teams behind you are really gonna do. And I think that's always a fascination of the draft, and if this is the guy that just for you, you kind of still want to be aware of anybody that may possibly jump you. But once Tampa took Bain, then I felt even more confident we can land Blake.
Speaker 9: Think's in tone.
Speaker 13: All right.
Speaker 2: You can say Brad Holmes might not be the best in trades. You can say Brad Holmes has been weekend moments in free agency. One thing you can't question about that man's game Draft ninety nine. I mean, just watch the temptation from pick thirteen nine, him calling this quarterback we're good. Yeah, he called the fucking draft. He masterfully played his hands, landed his guy. Didn't have to make a move. Did it move up, did it move back? Did it do anything like that? Call the picks out. We should be good here the guys in the back. You sure watch Tampa, Yeah, should have watch Trade Baltimore. He's like, nah, this quarterback will be good. Now we just gotta survive Tampa and Danza. I don't even want to fuck says the anxiousness of like, you know, are we gonna get our guy? They fucking got him, by the way, Uh defend what they call inside the den out right now. You watch after the goddamn show, I'll find you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you hear Chris Pielman in the back like patients work, you know. And so they were obviously getting a little antsy, and it was coming down to it. You saw a Procter go off the board. I know they were high on him. So your your situation and your your opportunity was kind of slimming down. So they did take a big jump on their on their part by uh, you know, waiting and not pulling the trigger to move up and get their guy. But obviously it worked out for the best. So hopefully our guy, uh, hopefully our guy, Blake Miller can take care of business, can live up to that first round Moniker.
Speaker 2: By the way, I got a couple tweets last night saying that they were moving up for Blake Miller, never never Proctor.
Speaker 3: I just want to let you guys know, editing is beautiful.
Speaker 2: You can be bash fulle fighting, you can make I can make Nick Lug He's floating right now if I want to, I can put Nick in the middle a fucking jungle with editing.
Speaker 1: Do you think for one second.
Speaker 3: If they were discussions about Caden Proctor they put it in that clip last night.
Speaker 1: Never not a fucking chance.
Speaker 3: By the way, proct went twelve, Yeah, when I'd moved up ire than thirteen that you know, to get in there. But they obviously very like Miller.
Speaker 1: They and why wait, why would they be moving up to try to get the best tackle available? Right after Procter went if you know, why wouldn't they be like, you're trying to move up, why would you wait until that guy goes, probably because they were running out of options. You know, it's like, oh shit, Procter's gone. We thought he might be here a little longer. We got to make sure we get one of these guys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they finally said his name, Dasmond Baine. They finally said it, so after Bain went yeah yeah, Brad, Yeah, that was that was what caused the crash out there. But obviously they like Blake Miller. They got excited, but I don't know it. Obviously, Draft day's a long way a ways, but that's what it's all about. Blake's gotta be a guy, and not just a guy. He's got to be a quality tackle in the NFL. If it was worth the first round pick. And I'm not talking Riley Reef here, he's gotta be more of a Taylor Decker type mode and model than a Riley f and Reef. And that's all I'm gonna say about it. Come to the chair, seems gonna struggle, Chris.
Speaker 12: I was just gonna say, it's insane to me that he called the quarterback part because if I'm not mistaken, nobody thought that.
Speaker 2: Was gonna be Yeah, Like that was nuts. I mean it was his former and man's where he's from. Maybe just knows how they think. But that like that's less needs best friend son. Yeah, you know that's why.
Speaker 3: Sources there, Clockett, Clockett.
Speaker 2: My favorite part two guys watching, You guys are going out tonight whatever. If you're watching, that's worth the watch, by the way. But like at the end because Brad got like some of the guys he wants I'm gonna play my song.
Speaker 1: Do you get that part?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know what song it is, but he's fucking he's playing on his.
Speaker 1: Phone, like Brad.
Speaker 5: Song is smooth jazz.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 3: It was like it was like an eighties song by female. It was a little bop.
Speaker 1: I've heard it. I've heard the melody before with me.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It had a little couple of tropical tunes in there.
Speaker 4: Just fan with a great point. Though you said ninety nine on the draft, I would say, you gotta be like ninety three. It's still in a but it's an A minus twenty twenty four. Completely botched it in this team probably would have won a Super Bowl if you smacked it out of the park. But I feel like you gonna watch it, but you watched it really bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not gonna go one hundred percent, but you can't go zero.
Speaker 4: Percent, so I'd say ninety three. But that's obviously we're lucky to have Brad Holmes. As much shit as I talk at times about bringing in real NFL players, whether it's free agency or going out and trading some of these draft picks, we can get excited about the draft majority of the time because we know there's potential to be Pro Bowl, all pro talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I cannot believe forgotten Rob's name, but the name I love, you know, Yeah, pro choked.
Speaker 1: I choked, I was nervous.
Speaker 22: He doesn't think I don't know that's the Yeah, no fist, I'll just look my search history, pal, Jesus, I lost my ring.
Speaker 3: Oh, because Steve Damon says, we call that a scout d n C brad elite scout poop GM.
Speaker 1: Speaking of poop.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 2: So some damn oh for real? Oh damn, I'm not, but I'll go. You gonna talk a little bit. Well shot the abe, you know, coming through saying what up? Though I'm not that high on yan As like one of the goats. I thought Rob already beat him. Once the condominate. I thought Moron could do it again, but kudos to him. I thought he won that Shantal Maley fight too. Disappointed that I forgotten Rob's name of the middle of that interview, though, let's gonna break come back do mail back. Gives me some time poop. All right, we'll tell you about the massage share house. My guy, doctor Eric Duncan holding it down the corner of the crowd. All right, go check him out. You guys can't check my own person where we hosted us Draft night and they crashed out by Blake Miller. You from online too. He has a number wo massage revitue on the type it in. Tom Heavyweight sent you make a funny inside joke he watched the show.
Speaker 3: He might know too. Scan QR code for the massage chair House.
Speaker 9: The hunting season is almost to here, Detroits, and your lions are on the prow. Make sure you're locked into Woodward Sports for all the Dan Campbell reactions, Jared Goff touchdowns, Tom and Roth first downs, Kenny pancakes, Kurmy picks, Jim's big plays, and of course Jack.
Speaker 5: Flocks his leg.
Speaker 9: Stay locked in on all your lions coverage right here on Detroit's number one sports network Sports.
Speaker 10: How do people feel about getting a Planet Fitness membership for fifteen dollars a month? How do they like working out in the clean and spacious jim that's filled with equipment for every workout? And how about free fitness training in the judgment free zone that leaves and feeling energize all day long? Joint played at Fitness Today with the free pf app online or in club and start getting that big bitness energy for fifteen dollars a month, A ton of.
Speaker 9: Sun, a ton of sports, and a ton of man Welcome to the Woodward Heavyweights Live daily.
Speaker 1: Damn, I was trying to find this song, Chris, give me some time? And why are you gonna dust? This guy's missing?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: Hey, does anybody know what Brad? What's Brad? Brad song?
Speaker 2: The Lazy song by Bruno Marsh Now, Chris that Brad's song saved that money by little Vicky. Your mail bag question is mail Bag hasn't been a successful transition and turning the team around for the trilliance? I would say, Yeah, I'm winning my life outside of like Detroit Lions fandom, have we ever talked about this team being a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Contender Stafford and Megatron, and we're.
Speaker 2: Never talking about them being super Bowl contenders. That's what I'm saying us Lions fans.
Speaker 4: Well, we did have a ridiculous squad though, huh, we did have a ridiculous squad.
Speaker 1: We did, but they weren't talk about sup Bowl with them.
Speaker 4: Well because they always choked late in the season. But they could have won a division.
Speaker 2: Holmes the company. You've heard those conversations and beyond no way you sat down. I had a ghost poops, it's a deep fart oh Man came from. But yeah, I'm talking about ESPN first take.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about Vegas Detroit Lions, once upon time, the fourth favorite to win the damn Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Never before. You have to call that successful turnaround, turn off the Detroit Lions. You would one playoff games, first time in my life. Now they're still you know, now you got to Now you gotta take it to the next level. Yeah, you know, if you stay where you are right now, it's I mean, it was fun for a couple of years, but now there's expectations. You're not a poverty franchise anymore. You have guys and gals in place to know what they're doing. So but now you gotta take it to the next level.
Speaker 2: Mail Bag gun to your gun in the back your head? Named five DDG or Blueface songs.
Speaker 1: I'm dead, bro, I'm even.
Speaker 5: Dead, and I listened. I listened to projects from both of them, and brother, I.
Speaker 3: Couldn't name you a single DDG song. Did you listen to Kirby Joseph songs?
Speaker 1: You should review those?
Speaker 12: Retweet I was gonna tell you, I'm gonna do that, after the after the after the show, before rap Cap.
Speaker 1: Goes live, mail Bag Home. You think Gibbs holds out until they signed the deal after two weeks?
Speaker 4: Two weeks and I don't think they get a deal done.
Speaker 1: By the way, I like it, we're calling it a holdout. I'm gonna be the guy. It's a hold in. He is there, learn the playbook, listening to questions.
Speaker 4: I like that he's still there. I hate Yeah, this is a nothing burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thats what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's a little different than actual holdout. I don't playing video games. Huh, he doesn't want to get hurt.
Speaker 1: Fine with that too.
Speaker 4: He's not you know, with his buddies trying to kidnap people, so.
Speaker 1: Uh too soon?
Speaker 3: Nail bag, which dude argues Morenny and Neil or Spider Man and the Punishment.
Speaker 1: Oh, spider Man the Punisher. Hey, no spoilers, spoiler DNC. I don't think that's that crazy. I think if you pulled a thousand people on the streets, I think maybe ten of them could name you a DDG.
Speaker 3: I didn't know he made music.
Speaker 1: He's a streamer. Yeah, he's a pani by the way, shut up, Okay, so maybe if you pull a thousand people under twenty, then something might know.
Speaker 13: But we're old.
Speaker 1: Was he was he a music guy first?
Speaker 12: No idea, No, he was just I believe he was a streamer first. That's when I when he came on my radar was when I knew he was streaming. So I feel like I feel like, probably because I have a music podcast where I try to discover new artists, people come on your radar?
Speaker 5: People do people do appear on my radar?
Speaker 1: Mail bag.
Speaker 2: With reports coming out that Cad was heavily involved in free agency this offseason, this changed how fans hate Trajan.
Speaker 3: Will They direct it to kid being too ethical? They should have, But damn, maybe Cad sucks at recruiting. I feel like kid might be too. I just think I said this before. Kate's like almost too chill to record to recruit. Yeah, he's not aggressive enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta be probably Yeah, yeah, Ron or Somebody's like Detroit man, come.
Speaker 12: On, what's the what's a successful recruit? We know worked Kevin Durant to Golden State.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 12: Draymond Green ran to the locker and immediately fucking called kept Durana's like.
Speaker 5: We need help please like that, that's literally what happened. So I think you I think needs that. Yeah, absolute it worked once full.
Speaker 1: Of Moonwalking and Calbassis. I feel like it was a pretty mainstream song. That's the first time I've heard that name. He probably bots his views.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that only that is not his biggest song.
Speaker 12: By the way, that's that's a that's that's that's a pull. That's I think that's Try it on type of DDG music on YouTube. I'm gonna see what's his biggest song. His biggest song is what's it called? It's like punk or pink dreads sorry pink Dreads.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nope, his biggest song is Moonwalking and Calabass is it. His second biggest song is Arguments that came out eight years ago. Moonwalking and cal has blue Face in it. Oh Hood melody with young Boy never Goes Broke. I couldn't name you young boy songs. I couldn't either.
Speaker 5: I'm not a young one with fire.
Speaker 4: I got pounds and I don't know he's making music for this long Pistons especially loves young Boy.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves young Boy. Yeah, I mean I've heard young Boy and never I never, like, was like, That's where I knew I was getting to the unk thing because I was like, like, this is not good.
Speaker 5: I tried.
Speaker 1: I tried. Everybody loves him. He's got cult like fans. I was like, I mean, I like, you know some upbeat hype music.
Speaker 5: You know, wait till you hear Ken Carson, your brain will fun.
Speaker 1: I tried to listen to Ken Carson too, because I saw some of his shows and I was like, damn, that ship looks that ship sucks.
Speaker 12: Yeah boys, cool boys cool. I like him the way that his core fans do. But hey shouts him.
Speaker 13: Bro.
Speaker 12: He had he had a he had a not U what is it an arena tour, not a stadium to yah, he had an arena tour you Yeah, they.
Speaker 1: Were selling out. They canceled the Detroit that because it was like too dangerous people. I loved all the memes of that games.
Speaker 3: Was was gonna go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like this is like when all the hyaenas were playing, all the music and life. I mean it's just you know, all the ends of the city.
Speaker 3: And now you said no young boys songs. Is crazy, Like, yeah, that's fair because I know a young boy, what are we doing. I think it's more popular streaming. I think he's more famous off of having a baby with the fucking murmaid.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, he for sure that girl who played the white eyed bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has two eyes the Angel Recenter.
Speaker 3: Huh, she's got body either her or sister banging ass body.
Speaker 1: But I think it's her eyes are distracting. Young Boy's not my thununfortunate. Freddie Felt says, I'd rather listen to my parents have sex than young boy. I don't know if I'd go that far.
Speaker 5: That's but he's going to.
Speaker 1: See if I can push them back together. You know, maybe come on, dad, Trauma, that's my mother.
Speaker 5: You're almost there, Dad Drama, dumpy out of Friday A week.
Speaker 2: That was like a mail bag as anyone else has anyone ever had a Willie Nelson cocktail drink easier spending. No, but that sounds good, oh man, sounds like something I would drink. I haven't drinking a long time. Actually either, You don't know what I drink all my dreaming.
Speaker 5: I want to start last night.
Speaker 1: Just a couple of bruis.
Speaker 4: That's a couple of bourbons centering up on a Friday for Max Clark's debut. What were tigers subscribed to the channel? Right now? We are dropping a video.
Speaker 5: I'm drunk right now.
Speaker 1: How do you guys feel?
Speaker 3: The cab was unsuccessful in his recruit attempts.
Speaker 4: Fucking Detroit. Heurst is always gonna be like this.
Speaker 3: The fuck dude, he's k cunning. That's supposed to like it's supposed to counteract the Detroit.
Speaker 1: Part of it. The runion says, mail Bag, who's your campular rush? Her name was Ramsey. She was super hot.
Speaker 4: That's wild. I can't crush about Isaiah Thomas though, like Boom fucking Joe Dumars, they're like guys from with It. They drafted yeah, exactly, like you're not getting these star guys.
Speaker 1: You get it started.
Speaker 12: But I would I would argue that, like the same level, I would argue that the Kevin.
Speaker 5: It just hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 4: They're all so they're all soft nowadays. You think they want to go spend.
Speaker 1: This is the era, like hey, let's go play with my friends, like that was the thing back then.
Speaker 4: Where in Miami and fell after they made the trade. But yeah, we're talking about.
Speaker 1: The eighties, not the Big Three. It's miamiroy the top.
Speaker 4: It's like, I know, it's hard to recruit to Detroit, That's all I'm saying. Sure people still have that, you know, mindset, and maybe if it takes that.
Speaker 1: Leap and he's an All Star this year too, and Jayalen Duran's not a cousin, then we have, you know, some things we can talk.
Speaker 12: Like I said, I think I think that Kevin Durant recruitment is working, just hasn't happened yet. I mean, he's posted about it. There was there was a report out there is kind of soft launching. Can't cutting him right now? We're being honest with photos, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, a little soft launch launched a relationship. Yeah, I remember doing one of those before I posted her hand holding the coffee.
Speaker 4: She was like, oh, you posted me.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: She was so happy that they do.
Speaker 5: Love that.
Speaker 2: You gotta listen to young Boy because we can't have a serious conversation if we say, is eight hundred songs on YouTube are all trash?
Speaker 1: I mean, if you got eight hundred songs on YouTube, the vast majority of them are probably trying give me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, Future dropped twenty songs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I fucking tries. Yeah. It was a mid album, Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: It was definitely mid for sure, but it was it was cool.
Speaker 1: I'm old, though, easy.
Speaker 12: I'll get you. I'll get you three or five. You pick three or five YB songs. I'll side due.
Speaker 3: Okay, you give me, you give me, you give me to your DNC give me two, give me your two.
Speaker 5: I've known you all your three. I get three. I'm just talking DC.
Speaker 2: Give me to so Ripui to Toronto. I saw that Toronto. They want out because they want to suffer any repercussions from I.
Speaker 12: Feel like that it was old, but he's also it was reported by Ramona Shellburn today or yesterday, excuse me, and then today.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a Mermaid Ramon, But what are you? Sounds like a fucking Pokemon Ramona? You shell birds.
Speaker 3: I just hit level thirty with my m that's definitely a want of type bitch for sure. Sorry for using the be with Ramona.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think I think it was report somewhere else though that Kawhi is like doing a little mini camp with some of the actors players, so I think he's still expecting.
Speaker 9: It to go through.
Speaker 12: But I guarantee dropped another fucking video yesterday about it about Qui, about Kauhi. There's like a whole Rhode Island soccer team in a fake arena that's being built.
Speaker 1: That's money. Yeah, no way, Yeah dude, there's more ship Wow. The league LEA said he can't officially, he can't be traded until the investigation. Investigation results.
Speaker 12: Rhode Island has a housing crisis and like they use this like fake stadium to like funnel bad bitch.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: I was asking there more like you there, good milk, check it out.
Speaker 1: It was good girl like me. Anyway, that's the I can't I don't know who's listening, Well, that'll do it, Forest, And I appreciate you tapping. It makes you doing something. Wait for this easy for Nick, for Chris, for Gordon, I'm Spencer with the heavyweights. We'll see guys on Monday of great weekend. Peace.
Speaker 3: H