Speaker 1: Shortage of dumb people doing really stupid things. Welcome to another edition of idiotology. We'll let your taco one on one one w jr R, but your.
Speaker 2: Freaking idiots all right, Hey, I don't forget. If you would like to have a shot at winning tickets for Volbeat and Hailstorm, be sure to vote for you say we play it. Brought you by Fairwen's Credit Union. This morning, you get fifteen minutes to get over to WJR dot com and vote on this morning's featured artist, which is the Black Keys. Everyone who votes qualified for those tickets.
Speaker 3: Taco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, get your vote in JR or Facebook page. Like Pat said, you have just about a little under fifteen minutes. Now you're voting in between three songs Shine a little light.
Speaker 2: Then the boy or gold in the ceiling tell switcher to three to play. The one with most votes will do that. Then one of you randomly picked and given Volbeat tickets. Pretty simple concept.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we just spin the wheel of randomness and boom, could be you.
Speaker 2: This the first story is a perhaps a sad commentary of the state of things from time to time when it comes.
Speaker 3: To holy matrimony. What went wrong with the wedding.
Speaker 2: Nothing yet, it's just an anticipatory move by This is Thurston County, which is the Olympia, Washington area. They've sent out notice that starting next month, the cost of marriage license there in Thurston County is going to go up one hundred dollars. They're currently seventy two dollars. They're going to go up to one hundred and seventy two dollars for a marriage license.
Speaker 4: Oh, because they want to deter getting married when you're not ready.
Speaker 2: The surch charge is in response to new legislation in that state that requires coresponders to come out to domestic violence incidents. You send a law enforcement officer with a social worker in tandem in hopes of defusing things before they turn violent. It's to pay for that program.
Speaker 4: Like the instance yesterday where the guy had a knife on his girlfriends.
Speaker 2: Now you send in a social worker along with the SWAT team and hopes that has a more positive outcome in the end rather than the guy charging police with a knife and now he's dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the poor girlfriend had to watch all that. Now she's scarred from it.
Speaker 5: But just to stop and.
Speaker 2: Think about this for a second, that the problem is so bad that you know, I applaud places that are taking steps like this to try to diffuse stuff.
Speaker 5: But then it's come to that is just.
Speaker 3: And then I want you to think of this.
Speaker 2: Do you really want to get married? It's talk to alluded to a few minutes ago.
Speaker 4: I want you to think of the people who really do want to get married. Now they got to pay that extra one hundred dollars to you. You're in a buck seventy two on top of everything else, all the other cost of wedding. If anybody younger is listening, that's getting married. Your family, if you talk to them about it, they might be cool with it.
Speaker 3: Just do a nice private wedding.
Speaker 4: Elope, your parents is her parents, and nothing else.
Speaker 5: Tell everyone after the fact.
Speaker 4: And exactly, and then that way, have a party where people can come and drop you a check. But honestly, the amount that you save and I know you only you know in perfect world you only see your your daughter or son off one time, so you want it to be big for the whole family, with only fans and all these things. I'd hate to put it on that there's a chance I talked to somebody the other day. Actually we talk to somebody, we'll keep it an anonymous path.
Speaker 2: You could make almost the same type of financial argument like you did just in case you made against a big wedding as the whole spending money on college. It's the same kind of mentality here. It's just it's not necessary at all cases, not in.
Speaker 4: All cases, but spending money on college. I don't think that's the same analogy. Because college is right for certain people, it's not for others. So sad with no retreats. No, but I'm not take college out of it, has nothing to do with it. I'm saying, not the amount, just the amount that you're gonna get and not have to spend. It's amazing. We just talked to somebody the other day, like it was saying pat uh. He said, yep, marrying the second one off, keep it anonymous, and said told her one and done.
Speaker 3: It's all dad's fay for. Talk to another friend who.
Speaker 4: Is kid got me and he said I gave her the option of, hey, we'll write you a check for you know, at least three quarters of what you would have spent, and the girl instead it then didn't and he said, we're glad.
Speaker 3: We did the wedding man, I'm gonna talk both my kids.
Speaker 4: God, you know, because in the in the way things used to be, the father pays. If it's a girl, that's a load of ass coming from guy with two girls.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Now that you get out of your system, can we talk about old people's smell?
Speaker 3: We're sagging from people getting in domestics.
Speaker 2: To old people. Say, every single person knows what old person smell is. It's a very distinctive odor and it's a real thing. I got it in my nose right now. It is a real thing. Disgusting. There apparently is a very simple remedy to this if as you age, you get in the habit of eating mushrooms.
Speaker 4: Really, mushrooms are gonna help with the old old age stink. I'd say, just pull the mouthballs out of their closet.
Speaker 2: There are two rare compounds found in mushrooms. I can't pronounce a year of these words matter. They work from within the body to combat the formation of two naneil, which is the substance that causes quote unquote old person smell. Not the moth balls, although they can factor into the overall presentation.
Speaker 5: I can see that.
Speaker 4: I just had a visual what if you got you know, old people who sometimes are a little off eating, you know, loose nujety mushrooms.
Speaker 3: Well, and now you got grandma tripping balls.
Speaker 5: That's a sight. It's uh.
Speaker 2: Chataki, oyster and button mushrooms are the three specific ones that are really uh will do the trick here, Bob has Bob initially called shataki something else back in the day. Yeah, please don't do it now. I don't want to roll the dice on that.
Speaker 4: About twenty five years yeah, yeah, cull it. Well you can imagine what I called shataki mushrooms. It's probably twenty five years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you gotta know, you know someone older in your life who're starting to get that old person smell again?
Speaker 5: What are they?
Speaker 3: Shittaki mushrooms, button mushrooms.
Speaker 5: And mushroom and oyster mushrooms?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, not mushroom caps.
Speaker 5: I don't know those three or the three that are listed.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you never you never stop wanting it, you know that. I I mean, I know everybody wants some all right, cheese. Cheese talk important stuff on this show. Cheese is one of these things that's important on this show. It's become glaringly apparent I said it's important stuff.
Speaker 2: On the show, I saw a story that a new record has been sent for the world set for the world's largest cheese tasting. I'm out A company or a dairy company in Columbia celebrating its eightieth anniversary gathered together eleven five people to participate in what is now the certified world's largest cheese testing event tasting event. We can break this record. There's no doubt in my mind we could break this record if we really wanted to.
Speaker 3: How many people do they have show up for this cheese taste?
Speaker 5: I just one and eighty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we smoked that one.
Speaker 2: We could get with Petties and their awesome cheese department and find a location and I bet we could get eleven hundred and eighty six people to show up to eat some cheese. I bet we can get more than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we could do that. And maybe if we feel a band in the mix.
Speaker 2: We get the right band, plain those ginness people will be there certifying our world cheese tasting record.
Speaker 5: In no time.
Speaker 6: Welcome out to your birthday Birthday twenty six. Everybody got your cheese? I need to cheese toast. I know you know it's ninety eight degrees out thinking about some pieces of cheese.
Speaker 3: But don't worry.
Speaker 5: You got beer to drink. Dude, I'm telling you this. We can do this one.
Speaker 4: We just have to find the right time in place eat.
Speaker 2: We'll need eleven hundred and eighty six people all eating cheese at the same time.
Speaker 3: Cakewalk all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody's on board with this, so when we make the call to action once we worked there now, granted this will probably come after BAF pizza.
Speaker 5: What else are we working on the book?
Speaker 4: I got an We got a bunch of irons in the fire. As they say, listen, all right, everybody deaf Tones.
Speaker 5: Waiting to play.
Speaker 3: But they said they're not going.
Speaker 4: On stage until everybody eats their cheese. You can't have any deaf tones if you don't eat your cheese.
Speaker 3: JRR, Orlando's rock station,