Speaker 1: Because we're in your car at work. The Dwight always does the foot pedals on that song.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did the.
Speaker 1: Business. We call it the top of the hour. In case the show open, It's Tony and Dwight Show, brought you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety. Please buckle up and put the phone down.
Speaker 2: The comedian Felipe as far As is going to join the show at the bottom of the hour. Very funny guy. He's got a brand new comedy, specially out raging fool. But we want to invite you out this Friday. Baby, It's a free lunch Friday. Grill Master supply the hog Father's Competition Barbecue is gonna be cooking up all kinds of barbecues forrest ribs. We'll get the entire best. They're the best. They're the best. Come on bye. Plus, it is the Tony Cruz Farewell Show. We're gonna say bye to our very own Tony Cruise.
Speaker 1: All right, dude, Well, when people put up this stuff for auction, don't they know people are kind of dirty minded? Like looking at Dwight, you said dirty minded and you just you stopped what you were doing and the glasses were down by his nose. I took him anyway, and I saw him above the computer screen. Are you talking to me?
Speaker 2: Dirty minded? What were we? Okay?
Speaker 1: You know who Jennifer Gray is.
Speaker 2: That's old man Gray's kid. Uh.
Speaker 1: Do you know the movie Dirty Dancing?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know that. Let me look her up.
Speaker 1: Rick, You remember Dirty Dancing nineteen eighty seven. Oh yeah, Well it was one of those phenomenons. They thought it would be a cute little movie that might make some money, and it was the biggest movie of the summer.
Speaker 2: I believe. Oh yeah. Soundtrack.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the boy the star of the Patrick Swavey had a huge hit that was like number one for months.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, the whole damn album, the soundtrack, right, couldn't get up. I know who she is? Yeah, she was the one.
Speaker 1: That she far Fielder's sister.
Speaker 2: She's the war that he caught.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, we got the people had been trying you to catch.
Speaker 2: We got to re create that, yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: No, nobody puts baby in the corner, damn. No.
Speaker 2: You know what my favorite thing are out of all the things and Dirty Dancing. You know what what stuck out with me the most is there's a fat guy that would play cards with his shirt off off fat and hurry yes, and he would like send signals with the like Ntani Wall Big Sid was his name.
Speaker 1: All those places were closing at the time because in most of the people that were going to see it were women because they love and remember at that time in eighty seven, you go back twenty years in the sixties, those places, those summer vacations were huge. Everybody went there for the summer and they did play cards, they did learn how to dance, They would go canoeing and they do all that stuff. So, uh, Jennifer Grays, this is where I'm going with these. You know, you know who's gonna buy these shorts? We're weird dudes. Here he is, Jennifer Gray's famous shorts from Dirty Dancing, the pig pink nylon copezial briefs that she wore are up for sale.
Speaker 2: Why those aren't just shorts? Then they're sniffing shorts.
Speaker 1: Oh stop it, See this is what I mean, right, you know, degenerates of the world are gonna be auctioning on this. They didn't do this by.
Speaker 2: A you know what I stand corrected. Then they're shorts their special occasion sniffs.
Speaker 1: Right, uh, they are up for grabs.
Speaker 2: Okay, I had to look it up. What you know the answer?
Speaker 1: Stop?
Speaker 2: What was Patrick Swayzy's name in Dirty Dancing? The character?
Speaker 1: Oh darn it, I know this.
Speaker 2: I knew that the movie was super corny and hokey, I didn't know it was this super.
Speaker 1: What was his name?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, hey, my name is Johnny Castle.
Speaker 1: Johnny Castle. Hey, that's right, hey, Johnny Castle. But he was a he was a real He was a dancer. Actually before he came he went into movie. He had bad knees.
Speaker 2: And then a roadhouse his name was James Dalton.
Speaker 1: I almost said Dalton, but I said that's not right.
Speaker 2: They called him. Yeah, they went by Dalton.
Speaker 1: But Johnny Castle. Now it's coming back. So he the famous scene where he jumps, Remember he jumps off the stage and his legs are kind of spread out and he lands and he does the slow dance off the middle of the room. Well, they did that scene over and over again, and his knees were shot at. There was something about a torn ligaments and stuff, and he was in major pain.
Speaker 2: He fractured an ankle, yes, and.
Speaker 1: He kept doing the scene over and over again because he was that tough guy from Texas.
Speaker 2: Theal There was a series on Netflix or whatever that you and I watched, and it would tell the behind the scenes story of die Hard of all these different eighty movies, and it was really interesting. The die Hard one was great. It was great because they didn't want Bruce Willis.
Speaker 1: He thought he was a comedy actor.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, they took him off the poster. Yeah, and only put him back on the poster.
Speaker 1: Until until, no, until they did the pre previews like we used to do. They did the previews and people were cheering. Yeah, they laughed at the beginning that Bruce Willis was a hero. And by the end of the movie they were cheering and they're like, put Bruce Willis back on the post.
Speaker 2: What are franchised? That was But going back to the they did one on Dirty Dancing as well, and it was really interesting. It was but I think he had a fractured ankle. Yeah, he jumps off the stage and he starts to back after stuff and they kept on the text and I think he either rode his ankle or fractured it. But he did. Like that. Entire last scene was shot with him and pain.
Speaker 1: They even write the story, knowing dirty people like Dwight are going.
Speaker 2: To buy this, They write, how much is it? Hang on?
Speaker 1: Nobody puts baby in the corner, and after the auction, nobody's putting baby shorts in dirty laundry. In the dirty laundry, the pink shorts from Jennifer Gray's famously worn in the dance rehearsal scene and Dirty Dancing are up forbid. Prop Store, a global entertainment memorabilia auctioneer, is hosting the auction online. Jennifer's pink nylon Capezio briefs size medium twelve. Not that any buyer would be looking to put them on for sure. The auction is live. The auction is live, and it's up till June eleventh to bid on it. I'm sure there's other dirty dancing memorabilia, but they concentrated on the hot girl's shorts. Yeah, but not by accident.
Speaker 2: I just wonder how much Johnny Castle's tidy whiteyes are hey, Jenny Castle?
Speaker 1: And you know what, you know, the dad was supposed to be the jerk and all this, The dad was a pretty good dad. If you watch the movie again, you're like when you were a kid or you're a teenager when we watch that movie. It was eighty seven. I graduated that year from high school, and we're all like, well, it's a Dan of jerk. Now you're watch it and you're like, Dan was right on everything.
Speaker 2: On every What was the surf movie? I'm all going to that's a point break. I want to find out if Patrick swayze you ever had like a normal guy name in any.
Speaker 1: Of these Point Break Body. His name was Body. I had it Body.
Speaker 2: I wonder if there's ever been a Patrick Swayzey movie where he.
Speaker 1: Has You gotta admit, Point Break was one of the coolest movies ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, Ghost Ghosts. His name was Sam Wheat.
Speaker 1: Johnny Utah was the name of Johnny Utah was the name of the other guy.
Speaker 2: You're right, Sam Wheat was ghost.
Speaker 1: Sam Wheat and that movie took over. He was a very People loved Patrick Swayzey. Now he did an awful movie called Next of Kin that took place in Kentucky. Awful.
Speaker 2: Great. He they take a bus up to the big town of Chicago. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't like the portrayal of Kentucky.
Speaker 2: I mean it made it.
Speaker 1: It made us look like nineteen thirty seven down in the haller, and I was like, that's not what the haller looks like today.
Speaker 2: Well, that's that's every movie. It's like, you know, it's not like NASA ever has a problem. They say, get Kentucky on the phone.
Speaker 1: They drove the school bus up to kill a bunch of Chicago mafia guys and they're doing all of the country stuff. So he brings a busload to snap that. Liam Neeson and Patrick Swaydey was what was the.
Speaker 3: Name of that movie?
Speaker 1: Next of Kin, Next of Ken, I guarantee it something. I don't know why this is popping into my head. I can't remember what the meeting I have after this show, Like, I can't remember which salesperson I'm social to media. But Next of Kin is popping out. Next Johnny Utah uh is popping up, Brody is po body is popping up. It's crazy and Red Hot Chili Peppers were in Point Break two. They're the bad surfers and they get beat up by Johnny Utah and Brody.
Speaker 2: Truman Gates was his name. That's not too much of a stupid name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they try to mess with Johnny Utah and here comes Brody.
Speaker 2: You don't mess with Johnny Utah, especially when he's undercover and his handler is Gary Busey.
Speaker 1: And this thing was he was a he was a big time college football quarterback, real famous, and he blew his knee out in a bowl game. So everybody knew who he was. But he was an undercover cop.
Speaker 2: Except for body. Body knew body was.
Speaker 1: And who was who was? Who was Johnny Utah's partner.
Speaker 2: That's why I said his handler was Gary Busey.
Speaker 1: Gary, I'm sorry I missed that part. Gary Busey before he went Gary Busey Golley and was at My Bachelor.
Speaker 2: He's a that job, Okay.
Speaker 1: So Jennifer Gray's famous shorts go to uh prop Store. Prop Store a global entertainment memorabilia auctioneer. I bet you can find all kinds of stuff there.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I love my mom, and every time in the show, I say love you, ma.
Speaker 1: So what's the same thing that every person tells my mother and your when they meet them, that.
Speaker 2: Your angels and God bless you, God bless you, God bless you every time we go out.
Speaker 1: So I bless you for being his mother.
Speaker 2: Whenever we go out. Susan and I every single time, without failure, somebody's gonna come up and they're gonna say, you're an angel. You put up with him, you're an angel, And my response is always, well, Lucifer was an angel.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's true. No people walk by me on graduation day and shook my parents' hands instead of mind congratulations.
Speaker 2: Did I tell you that?
Speaker 1: Like, Hey, I'm here too, I'm the one that actually graduated.
Speaker 2: I tell you that. In December, when we were at Shady Rays doing the live broadcast, Ethan Almighty and Jeff was there and they were walking out and they were walking through like j C. Pennies or one of these stores, Macy's, whatever it was. They were walking out that way as my mom was walking in and she noticed Ethan and she walked up and she introduced herself this way. Oh my gosh, Almighty, let me introduce myself. I'm Susan Tyler Whitten's mother in law. True story.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. I don't blame her, but we told you, mom, it was payoff someday. Ha ha.
Speaker 2: We and her jokes won't get you anywhere in life. Take that, missus, but thank you. Hey, Well, have you ever thought that your mom was a bad mom. Step aside. Listen to this Russian mom. Her name is Fedlana m comes from the Daily Mail. She's been detained by authorities after she allegedly hired a contract killer to take out her twelve year old daughter. Reports say this fed Lana paid a hit man one thousand, two hundred and sixty dollars. I don't know what that translates into rubles? All lean on, Rick, Rick, what does that mean a rubles? I had thousand rubles? Uh? Anyway, she she paid one thousand, two hundred and sixty dollars to have her daughter drowned because she.
Speaker 1: Was fed Oh god, I don't like these.
Speaker 2: She was fed up with constant arguing between the two. You like the ending. But because of the constant arguing between the two of them, the daughter was said to have overheard the mom's plan. But things backfired when the man that she hired, yes, promised to protect the girl to the girl in the custody, and it was like a movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is like a movie. Like a Special Forces guy was like, no, I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Kill your daughter.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna protect her.
Speaker 2: It's the old soft hearted contract killer. Sure he loves to kill people, but his heart is open to this little girl.
Speaker 1: I do have a I thought I had a story about some Russian named their daughter something stupid, and I think she's in jail or something like that. It's crazy. What was it was something? Something? Something putin here? It is no Germany, sorry, same thing, No kidding. German baby is named Richie rich Putin.
Speaker 2: Rich Rich.
Speaker 1: My child in Germany is saddled with the maternity. There is at one of the hospitals the number one worst baby name ever.
Speaker 2: Her uh her uncle Scrooge McDuck mcconnor weighed in on this.
Speaker 1: Somehow authorities misbanning the name Richie rich Putin. It's a combination of actor Macaulay Culkin in the nineteen nineties classic movie Richie Rich and the last name of the Russian president Vadimir. The Reddit users spilled the beans, saying I used to think the name laws were strict in Germany. I have another story that will do later. There are many There are a lot of countries that you don't understand. They have laws you can't name your child that we we need.
Speaker 2: We may have to push that story tomorrow because we have comedian Philippip Pipe okay, as far as at the bottom of the hour, but we actually need that in America to say, oh no, that's not a real name. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Poor, I mean, these poor kids get settled with these names.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at Dwight.
Speaker 1: You can't say but you can't say Dwight. You know.
Speaker 2: It's why what they can get a license plate for your bicycle?
Speaker 1: Bringing this up for thirty years because it's like, let it go. You went into Thornberry's Toys and you couldn't find the little license that you put on the back of your stupid bike. And you couldn't find Dwight. There were plenty of Tony's and Heathers.
Speaker 2: It's bad enough my mom made me ride a girl's bike with a banana seat and a sissy bar. Yeah, but then I couldn't even get a license plate.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 2: I wanted to butch it up just a little.
Speaker 1: Don't go to a prison and have them make a little tiny license plate that says Dwight. There's black and white, weren't they not? They were just black and white.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were spectacular and beautiful. They were white with blue letters. It said Kenny, what spin or whoever?
Speaker 1: Let it go?
Speaker 2: Rick? Or what says the guy that had a license plate on his bike.
Speaker 1: I did. I had two of them because one was Anthony and one was Tony, so I had a choic which spectacular. Is my new oven I bought from Bargains Supply. It is a four No, it's a Toddian mad. It has eight burners up top, which is gas. I have two stoves down below. Those are electric. Both of them are the air fryers and stoves. And I cannot wait to get this in my house. Doing a remodel in the kitchen, all right, So Bargain Supply has been my friend for decades. Every single appliance in my house from top to bottom, is from Bargain Supply. We buy scratching dead all the time from them, because you get a scratch on the side, you save a couple hundred bucks. But this they have options seven, eight, nine, ten manufacturers around the world, including Ge. We've got Ge profile refrigerators and all that. So if you want to check them out, they're in the back. So when you walk in the front door East Jefferson Street got their own parking lot, say hi to the ladies at the front desk. How ladies at the front desk, lady, great radio man, Tolma said to Hatree, and then go on and in the back you do that voice.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can walk in and you can say you can take your hat off and flip it around. Go Goodmorrow, fair lady. Yeah, I like that a lot.
Speaker 1: I'll give you five bucks if you do that.
Speaker 2: No, they like it a lot when you do that.
Speaker 1: And then get to the back. That's where all the appliances are. If you've got a lot of questions, they have the answers at Bargain Supply, East Jefferson Street. Back after this news radio.
Speaker 2: Wait for it, way is.
Speaker 1: Seeing about that tylan All story we did earlier. Now you know, one thing happens and the whole world changes. The guy that tried to light his shoe on fire on a plane, one dude, All of us have to take our shoes off still to get on a plane. Tilan Hall was picked by whoever. But James Lewis was accused of it. They had no proof, so he was never charged. Doesn't look like it. Well, he was charged, I'm sorry, but he denied anything. He did not go to prison or anything like that. But right now Netflix has a documentary on this guy. Because in nineteen eighty two, we all remember that that's old enough, but it scared the crap out of everybody that somebody was putting cyanide laced pills in the Tilenall bottles. Hence afterwards the protective seals, the child proof tops. It's weird because the new norm happens so quick. Well, we just got used to having okay twisted around to where the arrow is, and now it to come off or you got to push down turn and then has the seal underneath, and then there's cotton. Sometimes it takes five minutes to get your damn medication out of the bottle. But one incident in nineteen eighty two, and then, by the way, it was everywhere right, it wasn't I think it was not just why am I thinking Chicago? Oh it was Chicago. It was Chicago, and people just stopped buying Tilenof for a little while. It was crazy. But now there's a Netflix case called Cold Case, and they're interviewing this James Lewis, which says he didn't do it, But the filmmakers said they had to build the trust with Lewis to promise him to treat him as a human being so I don't know how they might. He must be entertaining enough to have a documentary. Now again, this changed everything. In every single bottle we open everything, that's the deal. The worst thing we had to worry about as kids or parents at that point was flintstones. Vitamins came in and they were all sugar in these little sugar palettes, right so you would, you know, and they all look like the flintstones. And at one point some kid would start eating fifty of them because it was like candy. They did enough vitamins for two months. But that was like the worst thing we had to to worry about. And when you think about it, how many pictures of us as small kids are under the sink. I mean, we all have pictures of the nineteen seventies. We were under the sink plane with ajax and cleaners and chlorox, and our parents thought it was the cutest thing ever. That's why they took pictures. But that was our We didn't We didn't child proof a house. Everyone's driving around now, going I have one of those pictures of me under the sink. Our parents didn't care where we were playing as long as they weren't bothering them. So we're gonna have a comedian here. In about ten or so minutes, Dwight is going to talk to him about what's going on being a comedian at all. But we're going to take a short break and we'll come back. What do we I think we have? Sorry, okay, no, that's okay, No, we're good.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's just how quick my little skinny legs were carrying my fat body. Yeah, aggressive, I was running like there was like a like a big fat gazelle.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at Tony's breaking alignment.
Speaker 2: Tony's breaking alignment, baby, that's what I'm talking about. Listen, loved ones a place that you can trust when it comes to maintenance or prevent a maintenance on your vehicle. So many places out there you can't trust. You can trust Tony's breaking alignment. And they're so confident in their work. They don't give you just a warranty. Oh no, hole, contray bonjour. They give you a three year, thirty six thousand mile warranty. And that's on every single job that they do. Folks, put your mind to rest on with Liuel's best. It's my dear friends. Tony's break in alignment.
Speaker 1: You got the pronunciation of said comedian.
Speaker 2: Not yet, but I believe it. Yeah, it's Philippe Asparza.
Speaker 1: Oh that's close. Back after this news radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 2: Don't get off my cloud.
Speaker 1: Baby donation dot com. Go to windownation dot com. They're made in America and right now forty percent off. You buy four, you get four free. If you do a whole house load of windows. My friend, you're gonna get a free door. Windownation dot com. Windownation dot com.
Speaker 2: Should I be concerned about this? So you got to copy this and I got copy. It's the picture of the homeless guy that's been violent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 2: I kind of look like him. Look at this.
Speaker 1: Look at yeah, I look at look at his beard.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I believe. Let's go ahead and run the trailer baby raging fool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ah, baby raging fool that came out in February.
Speaker 2: Hey, Felipe, how you doing, man?
Speaker 3: I'm good, man, I'm good.
Speaker 2: It's great to hear from you. Felipe. I gotta ask you, man. You are not to ask you about I want you to talk about this. You are the prime example of hard work, faith and keeping your eye on the prize because at one point, Man talk about having a rough You're the son of an immigrant, you had to learn English just to help your parents. You join a gang, you get addicted to drugs. Your life could have been taken multiple times, but then a spiritual advisor push you to get clean and you become a comedian. Man, what a story, that old story? I mean, listen, man, much respect to you, but talk about that if you if, if you will for a second. Who got you to pursue your dream?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man? First of all, when I was a kid, I learned how to speak English watching six other Man.
Speaker 2: Are you serious? It's awesome? Are you serious? That is awesome?
Speaker 3: Woman? And Luke sa Hazard.
Speaker 2: Well you gotta be talking like us, Damman Kentucky. How can you know?
Speaker 3: Man? I used to wear I used to wear one of the Levi jackets, a little first fly.
Speaker 2: In the back, the denim jackets.
Speaker 3: Still welcome to people.
Speaker 2: There, Philippy, Philip Man.
Speaker 3: I had an uncle who looked exactly like cooler but like in a horrible, horrible English actual you know what it like? She can?
Speaker 1: But I bet you you obviously used comedy as uh you know your outlet?
Speaker 3: Yes, man, my mom and dad didn't speak no English and didn't even try to learn, and I learned English and I would translate for them. And it was funny because in class everybody's asking about flat polls too, and I'm like, shoop me, how do you follow from an extension on a phone bill.
Speaker 1: Or not translated correctly? He said, I should have the burger and fries or whatever it.
Speaker 3: Is, yeah, or sometimes you know. I didn't know how to translate like English words Spanish, so I would just do it how my teacher was to do it. She would just put all after every word, like your son is not doing his homework though. So so my dad had that spasms. Doctor, yes, spasm, And I said, my dad, you have Dad, you have baccoes?
Speaker 2: Is that is that the Fred Sanford School of Learning Spanish.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: As far as is our guest man, The Raging Full, it's out on Netflix. Uh, but the tour starts. I looked up tour dates. Man, you're doing a lovel date in December, so I just looked that up. That's I can't wait to see you there. But is there a story? And if I got this wrong, just call me a fool and get on with it. But did you did you bite somebody's ear off?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, man?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: I gotta hear this story?
Speaker 3: What did Van Gold days?
Speaker 1: He is hungry?
Speaker 2: Is a Van Gold day?
Speaker 3: And I didn't before Tyson, by the way.
Speaker 2: You're right, so you hang on.
Speaker 1: The question is what did he do to get his.
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, he had me. He had me in a like a choke hold or the next you know, like how some he just randomly walked up to me and grabbed my neck. I didn't even know he wanted to fight me, and he was holding on by my neck. He wouldn't let go, and I finally got his head and I got it closer enough to my mouth, and then I was in purple and I just took a bite of it.
Speaker 2: Did it taste like chicken?
Speaker 3: I wish I had a lemon?
Speaker 2: So you're a big Dodgers fan. And another story I got out you. I don't know if it's true or not, but so you get sober and you're working for the Dodgers, cleaning out seats, whatever it might be. And comedian Elaine Boosler goes to a lot of the games and she encouraged you to chase comedy. Is there truth to that or is that just yes, yeah, okay?
Speaker 3: To see her, she's to sit right behind the dodger dugout, and she would to go to my stand to buy a beer, and I will always serve her at the cash here. And I told her the comedian, and she just told me just keep writing, keep writing, and perform every day. Like, perform every day, even if it's seven people in a room or eight. You need an audience to get better.
Speaker 2: Did you ever did you really believe that that would happen to me? Because very humble beginning beginnings, you had everything up against you, man, and thank god you survived it. Did you ever think that you would be a comedy success like you are?
Speaker 3: Never? Man, just be working a regular job and doing comed down the side.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I want to talk about uh, I want to talk about a friend of ours. We have a mutual friend. I'm actually in business with him, is Alex Raymondo. And oh yeah, yeah, we're I'm I'm not I'm not partners. I'm not partners with him. And Ron White, the wife and I are in Number one tequila. They said they needed an unfunny guy and I fit the fit the mode, so I joined him. But great tequila, number one tequila. But uh, I believe Alex told me at one time, and if he's not, I'll make fun of him. He had something to do with your first stand up special right.
Speaker 3: Yes, As a matter of fact, he didn't know about it because he because he must. You know how, I'm pretty sure you've done and that you you you had the phone to somebody and then just you help somebody out, but without even crying. And it happened. Him and I were doing the show in DC at the at the Lincoln Center. We're doing a big show. Cool and they they he was talking to Ron White on the phone and then he hung up. And then and then I told him that I want to do a one hour special. And then he called his manager right away, and I didn't know. Three days later, I had a call and he goes, hey, you want to do your one hour special next week? And I was like, wow, next week already. That's okay.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of pressure, though, Felipe, you're talking, I mean, because.
Speaker 1: That's uh yeah, but think about that. I mean, he didn't have to do that.
Speaker 2: Uh, he did.
Speaker 1: He did that for you. I'm sure that you you've made it. You made it to where you are now. You you're looking for other young comedians to help out also, I assume.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. I Sometimes I get a call from Ralph Barbosa and we talk about we go over his material, we will go over my material and we tag each other's Jocob.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so you can have a lot of success, and you are quite successful when it comes to stand up comedy. The tour is kicking off, by the way, he'll be here in December. I just look that up at the Louisville Comedy Club. But it's quite another. Recognition comes with with appearances in movies like you've You've done movies with Polly Shore, You've done with Eddie Murphy, Jonah Hill, You've been on a superstore you do You're a regular with Tim Allen on his new show Shifting Gears. How much does that change your life? If you're out with a girlfriend, wife, whatever it might be. Uh, do people come up and recognize your immediately?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: They do.
Speaker 3: I was at a wedding with my niece. My niece got married to Zach Callahan. No, you got married in Richmond, Indiana. Yeah, but they're from but they're from Indianapo. Her husband from Indianapolis, and she's from Arcanum, Ohio. That's what I said. By a dodge by Gordon. It's all town. It's played day in Ohio.
Speaker 2: Oh date. Yeah, that's like three hours three hours from More we're at right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where she's she's from a small town and they got married there. And yeah, but my point I was talking.
Speaker 1: About, so look there's ways. Uh, the guy always remembered the teaching chong bit in their movie. I think he was up in smoke where the the his friends are relative called ice on themselves so they could get a free ride to the wedding. Remember they're all dressed for a wedding and they got a.
Speaker 3: Free ride to h Yeah, that's hilarious. So I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, So I said that was funny. He made they made something negative into a positive. I'm sure that you have a lot. Do you have any ice? You know it's sometimes it's very sad story, but I'm sure you have some in your material.
Speaker 3: See. Yeah. Actually, when when Donald Trump said that he's gonna all for a thousand dollars to South deport I said, I'm gonna hold off for five thousand dollars or two tickets. You know what, they lose, I'll leave after the game.
Speaker 2: Leave after the game.
Speaker 3: If they're losing in the half corner, I'll leave early. Been horrible Hope for a decade. I remember one time I left the game early. I think I saw Derek Carr in a freeway.
Speaker 2: Hey Felipe, So we've talked about your movies, we talked about television, talked about your stand up. Let's talk about the podcast, baby, two of them, What's Up Full and also history for foods. I think it's interesting because you might hear somebody famous on it, or you might just you might just hear a homeless guy that you run into. You put everybody on this stand podcast, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had people from par Rodriguez to the incredible Hope who walks around Hollywood Boulevard for money.
Speaker 2: Well listen, Filippe, you're out on the road. The tour kicks off June seventh in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We're one of the last dates. Look for him in Louisville, Kentucky at the Louisville Comedy Club December eleventh through the thirteenth. Hey Man listen. It's good catching up with you, Felipe.
Speaker 1: Thanks you for your time.
Speaker 3: Thank you by the police pull me over death, Do you have anything funny illegal? I look at my cousin, I ran.
Speaker 1: I won't see you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, light he's the king of the one liners.
Speaker 2: I love it man.
Speaker 1: Thank you brother. Safe travels on your tour.
Speaker 2: Man. We'll see pee.
Speaker 1: You got it man. All right, before we get out of here, I want to mention Klin Brothers locksmith and commercial doors that's there, especially if you need a one or one hundred commercial doors, they'll take.
Speaker 2: Care of you.
Speaker 1: Plus that keyless access. They're experts in that. They've been around since nineteen fourteen, so you know this generational business. This kicks ass. And that's what they do. Clinblock dot com, free estimates, twenty four hour service and let's see if they can get through that commercial door. Folks. There's no monitoring system, so just they install it and that's it. Klein Brothers since nineteen fourteen. Again, cline lock dot com. Back after this on news Radio eight forty w chance.
Speaker 2: The Kila Sunrise sounds pretty darn good right about now. If you ask me, share that Taquila sunrise with Terry Miners as he comes on at three PM to day, like, Terry Miners, what do you say me though, I'm late for work every day.
Speaker 5: So let's say three fifteen.
Speaker 2: Three fifteen, that's how it was in the.
Speaker 5: Old days, and Perky would show up, a yeah, here's what it would sound like for people that have listened to the station that many years has show started at five am. Yeah, we'll play music out of the news. Oh really, Then about five oh eight, then another song would come on, five twelve, five sixteen, and here's what you'd hear. Five sixteen. A record would fade out, and then you'd hear come on, come on, come on with everybody, Wayne Perky.
Speaker 2: Here, here's here's my favorite Wayne Perky uh comment that I asked him. And by the way, I hope that Nick Coffee who is going to be taking over mornings on WHS it's not listening. I was doing mornings on the Fox. It was my second morning show I've done. I used to do QMF mornings like you did.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I'm really tired. It's about seven o'clock in the morning. I walk into the kitchen we had there at the old studios and there's Wayne Perky And I said, Wayne, how long does it take to get used to this? He goes these hours? I said, yeah, he goes. You never do no, You never do no. We talked about that yesterday. Well he'd shave because he did the weather on TV and.
Speaker 5: You'd see him in his face would be mutilated and they're like, what were you in a knife fight?
Speaker 2: Oh? Just get ready to be Wayne Perky Weather back. Hey, make sure you join us Friday. This Friday at Grill Masters supply, the Hogfather's gonna be cooking up barbecue. It's a free lunch Friday with Tony and Dwight. But very special guest is gonna be there. His name is Tony Cruz. It's gonna be his farewell luncheon and it's for free. These guys are absolutely the best when it comes to cooking barbecue. Their competition barbecues, you're gonna love them. Well, that does it for us. We'll see you, Manana. But on behalf of Terry Miners, Rick and Tony Venetti. This is dwy Witt and saying we'll see you Manana, and I love you Ma,