Speaker 1: Well that's nice.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course we will go ahead and explore as we go through today's show. What are you doing, dude, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Why do they stop these people? Sorry?
Speaker 2: I was just getting ready to sit here and talk about it, and I flip over to wr L for a second. Woman jumps into tiger enclosure at New Jersey Zoo. Why is this a constant stream of stories? Sorry, I'm digesting this with you right now. Okay, well she didn't. The headline is a little much. Oh well, you know what, maybe it isn't. All right, Well, I really want to know this story. I'll share the details with you again. Sorry, I'm just sitting here digesting it as as we get things rolling on this fine morning. So not just the tiger enclosure, went into the bear enclosure too, and tried to pet them. What do you think, bet alcohol, you know, it doesn't seem to be a suicidal thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know. And then they didn't catch her.
Speaker 2: How do you have that level of I'm sure people are staring at that as it's happening. And then she just casually strolls over to another critter enclosure and.
Speaker 1: Gets in there.
Speaker 2: All right, So basically, What happened is she jumped on there's two fences, there's whatever. The main enclosure is where you could actually see the animal on the other side, I guess touch them if you wanted to. And then there's the super safety one that's back. So she got in between them and try to stick her hand through and pet a tiger and then a bear. I let her do it. Why are you stopping her? Can you imagine everybody's day at the zoo that day?
Speaker 1: Holy cow?
Speaker 2: Reading some of the comments here, let's see here in Bridgeton. I don't even know dude, I don't even know where that he is in New Jersey. According to a video posted police show, the woman nearly get bit by a Bengal tiger. The visitor climbed a safety visitor fence attempted to pet the tiger. The woman jumped over the fence ignored the signs say. They say that the woman is also on video trying to do the same thing at the bear exhibit. In that case, staff stopped her. Why did let her do her thing?
Speaker 1: Man? What are you doing? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't understand how you then don't get hold of that individual, but whatever.
Speaker 1: All right? So there you go.
Speaker 2: I got distracted in the first few minutes, all right, coming up on the show, we got a little burger King story that was a I'm trying to find stuff that's not purely DNC, so you'll have to forgive me here. I feel like it's better for all of us if we have a little bit of distraction. But don't worry, we got plenty of DNC stuff. And I'm starting to think that literally the attendance numbers aren't that impressive, and that half the people at the DNC are like conservative influencers in disguise, because now we got I guess the Matt Walsh thing is true. Who was looking actually, Oh, James O'Keefe was looking absolutely ridiculous at this thing.
Speaker 1: He was running around and I don't even know how to describe.
Speaker 2: He had like one of those mass but with the with the filter things on the side, like a really over the top bask which I guess if you're James O'Keeffe you have to do to hide yourself. Maybe I don't know. Here's what I wout understand. If that's one thing that's the DNC. If you're an upper level government employee, how do you keep going on a date with James O'Keefe at this point, isn't there a sign or something hanging in your office that been passed around the you know, the old water cooler, Because that dude's like, the amount of times that people will continue to sit down and think they're on a date with him is He's pretty crazy to me. But his disguise there as I saw it, did not you would not know because it's so ridiculous and over the top. Also, Alex whatever that dude's name is, the guy who goes to the city council meeting gives the ridiculous things down in Texas. He was there and the BBC got hold of him, and it's simultaneously so over the top but apparently partially believable to the BBC guy. And I will say this, he's got all the catchphrases. I'll give you a little snippet of that here in a moment. But he's got all the catchphrases, right. The words coming out are so insane as to be believable. And so now the moonbats have formed little cabals of people to look for them, like they're gonna start their own witch hunt, which I don't understand, just don't talk to them, just don't interview him, because the difference is if they're gonna go quote unquote crash your thing, they're waiting for.
Speaker 1: You to talk to him.
Speaker 2: Like they're not standing up in the middle of roll call and yelling at people. You know, they're not with their sign not letting you speak any That's not the m O. The MO is to go in there, stand around and wait for somebody to interact with them. They may have like individual conversations, but they're not disrupting your program. So you know, I saw people going, you know, you can't do this because blah blah, and I'm just like, what are they doing. They're only doing things that are predicated on you doing things. So we'll give you yet another example of that. All right, So there you go, just a little bit of it. Also, we'll get into some Hollywood stuff. Have a little breather coming up at eight o five with Stephen Kent. He'll join us, so I'll give you the rest of a rundown. We'll get into the sound coming up six thirteen. Hang on, it looks like RFK Junior, especially if you you know, yeah, you listen to what his running mates saying there Missus Shanahan, I believe it's her name, is probably gonna endorse Trump.
Speaker 1: Say it's kind of a big deal. It's kind of a big deal.
Speaker 2: Especially in a handful of states, Minnesota being one of them. Again, I don't know that that's a state that's in play. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. That being said, those are the kinds of states where RFK endorsement might go far, where people are willing to vote third party. Minnesota, of course, proved that with the Jesse Ventura insanity. Although Ventura's what he's a Ventura is now with Kamala? Right, is that what you mentioned that Ross yesterday? I hadn't seen it. So is Jesse Ventur endorsing Kamala? Is that where we are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I figur wou it where he was on But he said it's time for a woman to take charge because men have screwed it up enough. Well, okay, okay, all right, So I'm starting to think maybe he's I don't know, kind of allude.
Speaker 1: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: No, a little bit, but he was in that movie with the thing, I mean out for log he got him spoiler.
Speaker 3: But all right, well, I mean, he doesn't have time to bleed because he's crushing the patriarchy.
Speaker 1: Is that what? Yeah, that's what it is. Yeah, it was the original line that cut it out.
Speaker 2: I thought he was crushing Exel's wive's financial future.
Speaker 1: What is that not true?
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: Checking my notes, hold on, Yeah, Nope, that appears to be the case. So yeah, all right, so yeah, so if RFK comes again, I don't know how many of it pans out. I do know that Trump in Ashborough yesterday. It looked like a good event. Obviously I didn't go to it. I'm curious if any of you did. Any of you guys go to Ashboro and it was outside. He did have like the full bulletproof setup. He's you're wondering, although at one point he decided that he was gonna go ahead and not be behind that thing anymore.
Speaker 1: So we'll get we'll.
Speaker 2: Get into some of that here in just a few moments. Let's see, you're back on the Kennedy thing. So Kennedy reportedly set to drop out of the presidential race. He'll address the nation, and he will do so while speaking at the same event as Trump. See where is he's in Arizona? On Friday, so I guess that will be in Glendale, which is Phoenix. Trump said this week he's open to Kennedy joining his administration if he were to drop out and endorse him. Let's see, here's here's Trump. He's a brilliant guy, very smart guy. I've known him for a very long time. I think he also said he's he's a quote interest seen dude, which I think is Trump speak for this guy's a little weird, which he is. But you know, people are a little weird for either good reasons, bad reasons, or reasons that I guess ston't point in either direction. You ever see the video of RFK here like last month where there's I don't know, there's like a rattle snake in his driveway.
Speaker 1: There's there's a rattle snake in his driveway.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's his wife, whoever told him, And he's just like, oh, well, let me go out there and uh, let me just go out there and grab it with my hands. Which again, if you're a Kennedy, I mean at some point you're just like, eh, I can't fly, can't can't go for a cruise in a convertible. So and you're still you know, you're still good to go. Maybe you just think the curse hasn't hit you, man, and so you start doing dumb stuff. Although I shouldn't say that. Me and my buddies used to go and catch baby rattlesnakes and throw them at each other. Don't tell my mother. She was convinced that's what we were doing. And uh, we were not truthful.
Speaker 1: We were not. It's other that we were not truthful. It's that we kinda.
Speaker 2: Leaned away from that accusation because they had this, like the other rattlesnake caves is what we called them. That it was just an area out by the lake where a bunch of rattlesnakes lived. They basically burrowed in and you go out there and little babies are crawling around. You can fling them at each other with sticks. Again, don't do that. I'm much older now. That wasn't smart. A little more respect for the snakes too, But uh, you know, when you're uh, when you're fourteen and board, you do things like that. So uh, anyway, he'll come on. But again, I don't know what capacity do you stick that dude in? Surgeon general. I mean that if you just want the media to lose their damn minds. So what exactly exactly that looks like? I do not know, all right, eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven fours. So did anybody head down to Ashborough and go to the Trump rally? How was it was it? Had you been to another rally? Here's why I'm asking. I want to know if the security felt different. Obviously you can't get away from the visual, right He's got all the bullet bulletproof glass around them, so you know that's going to be a bit of a change. I've been to two of the Trump events in North Carolina, and obviously that wasn't the case, the one at Dorton and the one in Charlotte at the Bojangles Center. I didn't get to the one down in Selma, but that was the one. In watching that that kind of convinced me, dude, it was gonna win, because like some of you were parking your cars on the Interstate or on the highway there and walking like a long ways, just abandoning your cars. So I don't know if it was quite that turnout Nashborough, but it looked pretty good.
Speaker 1: He had some jokes Mark Robinson was there.
Speaker 2: It was a whole thing. But at one point Trump actually had to leave the enclosure as the one of the crowd gooers needed some medical assistance. And this is a this is always such a weird thing, right, you want to be cognizant of it. Kamala did this the other day by simply asking, and they lionized her in some articles, you know, like she's an EMT. You just saved somebody's life. The politicians. If the politician gets down and starts literally giving CPR, then I think you can write these fawning articles. That being said, the story was probably much to the dismay of the secret surface, at least the ones who care. Go ahead and you put this whole thing up and and and then he's just like, uh, oh wait, somebody's somebody doesn't feel well. Let me go ahead and just leave this little cocoon that you've created for me. Let's see here, what was I'm trying to see what the medical issue was. It seems like they're okay, yeah, so they had had a medical emergency. I guess, said Rica, I don't know if they fainted. I guess they've probably fainted. And then he leaves the little glass to give him a hug. So I guess if you want a Trump hug, just pretend to pretend to pass it. Don't do that, obviously, but if that's your thing, I guess that's. Uh, that's one way if if you're close enough to the path. Let's see here. Also talked about some plans with the uh we'll get We'll get into the audio here in just a moment. But I was talking about what I hope is actually a plan, and not just for the Afghanistan insanity. Right, you have too many incidents where it is clear that you have a bunch of people that are derelict in their duty. I'm sitting at the You've heard me crying the blues about my button borrow week and now it just seems it's dead. So poor Ross is going to have to fire the audio. You're still going to get the audio, but now poor Ross is going to be extra more busy.
Speaker 1: So that's how that's going to go.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll put in a trouble ticket on that. All right, let's get over to the Ashborough rally yesterday. You got Trump there, you got I know, you hat like a gazillion people on the stage.
Speaker 1: Actually, they're getting ready to do that thing.
Speaker 2: And Trump made himself a little joke too, talking about Robinson.
Speaker 1: Going to the gym, which has been a thing for you.
Speaker 2: You talked to Mark about the gym thing, right, How long has he been doing that for a while, right, a few months he's he's called uh, he's.
Speaker 1: Called in on the show and mentioned that.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how successful it's been, but apparently that must have been something that they were they were talking about there. Uh, let's go ahead and get cut one on the Trump thing. You'll hear the little mention here.
Speaker 5: Just so you know, these are great people.
Speaker 6: But I want to get him to hell off the stage because I guarantee they didn't have this in mind when they built this. Thank goodness, Mark lost a lot of weight over.
Speaker 5: The last couple of months.
Speaker 1: I'm very you did.
Speaker 2: Actually, Yeah, So I don't know. Could people were I did see like one or two people go he's fat shaming. No, he's not, shut up, shut up. But the reason I was playing this out is we've had Mark on He's literally mentioned it, so it's a thing, and you know, and obviously they're having a little conversation there Trump.
Speaker 1: You know, Trump remembers this stuff and talk about it.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that this is why the cognitive stuff with Trump was so stupid when all the Biden stuff was going on, because those are people would literally have a conversation with him and then he would remember it. I know it's not asking much, but the bar was really low, and you know, and it was off prompt or he's not on prompter talking about that. Just make it a little joke. And you know what, it looked like there was way too.
Speaker 1: Many people on that stage. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 2: He's probably sitting there like you'd probably hear it, creaking man. But that's okay. Things got underway. There was a little scare as one of the folks there had a fainted or passed out, and when they had recovered, Trump literally left his little barricade. Cut number two please.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 7: Well we heard him ask doctor trying to clarify what the crowd was asking for, and appears that call was answered, and the Foreign President's wandered over there with Secret Service and chug John check out what's going on.
Speaker 2: But it's just it's just he's a gawker at a uh now, I gave a little hug whatever, all right, because look, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: You're giving a speech. Somebody's having a medical emergency. You got two choices. You chug on or.
Speaker 2: You acknowledge it, and in some way probably uh you know, impart yourself in there. So it's so funny how what a big deal people will make of then, like that's the human thing to do, and yet when one person does it, it's like, oh, they're just wandering over there like it's a car accident to stare at it.
Speaker 1: And then the other one they're like the.
Speaker 2: Touch of Jesus was flowing through Kamala and she was able to revive the pre I don't know if you saw the coverage when she spoke the other day, was fawning.
Speaker 1: But I wanted to get to the meat of it. So what's he there to talk about? What is? What is?
Speaker 2: What are the promises he's making? And you know what is a good one. There's going to be some complications because the way that we have set up, But I don't think there's anyone out there, if they're honest with themselves, doesn't think that there are people who work for us who don't work for us, and It doesn't have to be some complicated, behind the scenes coup kind of thing. You just having competent people. You can't tell me. You can't tell me that getting the job projection so wrong was done at the hands of purely one percent competent people. I refuse to believe that eight hundred thousand was the eventual number. So with that in mind, this is the Afghanistan version of it. And I'll be very curious if this is a promise he keeps and what it looks like, because they're going to fight them tooth and nail, and it needs to be bigger than this cut number three.
Speaker 5: But the voters will hold Kamala and Joe accountable for this November when I take office, and they're going to be held accountable for what they've done to this country, right, thank you. I will ask for the resignations of every single senior military official who touched the Afghanistan disaster. I want their resignations immediately now.
Speaker 2: And that'll be an interesting one too, because at what point are you a member of the military following what the commander in chief is saying, versus you were part of the folks who thought this was a good idea, and I think that he will have to draw that line. That being said, there are so many other examples. There's that obviously they're Secret Service stuff, secret Service stuff. Are we still I know that, Yeah, obviously you quote got the shooter, but are are we looking into that? By the way, do you see the new footage of him just walking around? Where's his rifle? There's video there's some video that was you know, like merchants who were just taking like pant, you know, there's pant look at the crowd kind of stuff, and you see him just strolling around, hands in his pockets, looking like a dude is just checking out the merch Where is everything? It's it's very close to the incident. Is this before I guess he went over to the home depot or whatever it was. I don't know, but like, there's a lot more to look at there. And it became very clear listening to the testimony from the now resigned Secret Service director as well as the I guess the interim they feel they're going to do things their way, and again, this is what these cats don't understand. People look at that and they filter it through their own experience. What would happen in my job if xyz, you know, the just damn near the worst thing you can think of was to go down. And everybody knows, for the most part, minus some weird nepotism or you know, for the most part, the way that that would play out is somebody wouldn't have that job anymore. They may still work there, but they're not going to work there in a supervisory capacity. And then they probably wouldn't work there. They wouldn't want to take the demotion. But that's the reality people deal with. And whether you think, well, that's unfair, this is why the government does it better?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 2: They're not more efficient? Do you one efficiency? You go to the private sector, hands down, It's not even a question. And that's how the private sector operates. So he's gonna get a lot of applause with the lines like that. You don't believe me, they're incompetent. That's fine. Let's see here, where's the cut I'm looking for? Ross is the where is the the secretary?
Speaker 1: The commerce secretary? Cut? Is that the jobs report? One?
Speaker 2: I think it is? Okay, I'm gonna play this audio and this is the cabinet member in charge of money. Okay, this is or one of them. I guess I should say this is this is the person who like, they're not the ag secretary, they're not the Department of Interior, where maybe the job's report doesn't matter. This woman is a cabinet member in charge of our economy and is being interviewed on MSNBC or CNN or whatever. And this takes place after a day of prognosticating that there was going to be this big adjustment, right because we knew that for like twenty four hours. They estimated it was between six hundred thousand and a million. We found out kind of late because they had this is the other thing, they had technical difficulties issuing the correction number. Can't somebody just go to a microphone and go, hey, it's this but whatever this is after all of that, and this woman is sitting there in this the highest of high profile positions, and the following exchange takes place.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, when you hear that, do you potentially think that this new numbers could be a liability for this campaign?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 9: When I hear that, first of all, I don't believe it because I've never heard Donald Trump say anything true.
Speaker 1: It is though from the Bureau of Labor. I don't. I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 2: That is the United States Secretary of Commerce, Gina Romando, and she hasn't heard that and she thinks.
Speaker 1: Trump made it up. What are these people doing all day? I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. There are people who pay no attention to politics and heard that story and she thinks it's a it's a Trump lie. Right after her department was partially responsible for the release, and obviously there was technical issues. So these I feel like these are things that would have been elevated to her. And she sat there hours later saying that she didn't think it was true. And I don't know if that was an effort to get the media to stop talking about it or if she I feel like she honestly. I think she honestly believed that was fake and didn't just throw that out to essentially deflight And that is the United States Secretary of Commerce. So you're telling me, you're telling me that there are not folks. And by the way, what is her background. I want to say, she's got a business background, actually one of the few within the cabinet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's venture capital I please, for love of.
Speaker 2: God, if that person is qualified to be the Secretary of Commerce, then obviously I understand why everyone.
Speaker 1: Else keeps their jobs.
Speaker 2: That is the biggest story she has probably had to deal with in I don't know, maybe her appointment individual one anyway, or at the very least the most recent. And she accuses it of being a Trump lie. You can't make this stuff up and six forty seven. Hang on, all right, So yesterday was VP day. Today obviously is the presidential Nominee Day at the DNC. So Tim Walls out there, you know, here's here's one thing that.
Speaker 1: I thought was kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: This isn't necessarily about Walls, but it has to do with family of the candidates, and specifically, there was a video I saw where the em Hoff's daughter, obviously the stepdaughter to Kamala Harris, her and her brother were like in a hotel room and they were kind of cutting It was very normal stuff. I know that visually she could be pretty shocking, and some people like, I don't think that's the best example for girls. But you know, aside from that, heard her brother just sitting there talking sounds very normal, and they're talking about their dad and then their dad walks in from off stay and is it scripted, probably or at the very least kind of a setup.
Speaker 1: It's fine. That being said, what is strange to me.
Speaker 2: Is the level of affinity that they still have for their father, right because remember their for their the original marriage to their mother ended when.
Speaker 1: He was sleeping with the babysitter.
Speaker 2: And I, you know, I people get over things and they gravitate towards one parent or the other, and obviously it's a much more complex situation there. But like I, you know, I know people who had a parent who had an affair and and broke up the marriage, who don't talk to that parent anymore.
Speaker 1: They just cut them out.
Speaker 2: Of their lives, right or wrong, that's what they did, and so you never know the relationship there, which is a good reason even if a politician brings up.
Speaker 1: Leave the damn kids alone.
Speaker 2: Do you see the Baron thing where they have this dude who claims to be a mental health specialist who's saying that he witnessed Baron like try to knife students, and then just there there's nothing to back it up, and they're just passed it. I saw that just being feasted upon this week, which, by the way, the guy also makes comments that clearly you wouldn't make as somebody who's a mental health professional. Right, there's certain terms you don't use when describing a especially a child who has developmental disabilities or is dealing with mental health issues later in light like you wouldn't use any of that.
Speaker 1: So it's really disturbing. And so I say that because.
Speaker 2: Some of you, probably not you, but some of the folks out there, for whatever reason, think turnabout's fair play with kid?
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: What on what planet do you think that you're convincing people on social media of your political prowess by going after a.
Speaker 1: What is he's nonverbal?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know all of it, but what again, what are you doing? Same with the Baron stuff. I don't care that he's eighteen and he's going to college. They started this stuff early, and.
Speaker 1: That whole hymn is, you know, Damien on the uh on.
Speaker 2: The playground, stuff like that's been floating around since going back to Trump's when Trump was actually in office.
Speaker 1: And yet that's the direction some people are going.
Speaker 2: And I think all you have to do with Walls is just listen to him, all right?
Speaker 1: Cut number one, here we go We've got a golden rule. Mind your own damn business. He loves that. I own this again.
Speaker 10: And not a clue IVF and fertility treatments, and this is personal for Gwen and I. If you've never experienced the hell that is infertility, I guarantee you you know somebody who has. And I can remember praying each night for a phone call, the pit in your stomach when the phone had rang, and the absolute agony when we heard the treatments hadn't worked. It took Gwen and I years, but we had access to fertility treatments, and when our daughter was born, we named her Hope.
Speaker 1: Hope.
Speaker 10: Gus and Gwen, you are my entire world and I love you.
Speaker 1: Do all right, we're getting things. We're getting things rolling on this fine morning.
Speaker 2: So it's true it's a trouble ticket morning, which is you know, there's problems. Probably the audience knows too much about our trouble tickets. I think they've heard about them. So hopefully get that worked. But we'll still get the audio for you, all right. Coming up on the show, Stephen Kent will join us. We'll get our NERD correspondent. We got to talk about the Batman thing. Oh man, we're probably gonna need some warm milk and something for because the Akali got canceled. I know we were all shocked to learn that the latest Star Wars money Pit has apparently been canceled.
Speaker 1: But don't worry.
Speaker 2: It's canceled not because it was bad or unbelievable or challenged the canon to the point of exhaustion amongst.
Speaker 1: Star Wars stands.
Speaker 2: Oh, It's instead canceled because the patriarch here, So I don't know, it's pretty standard excuses there, But we'll get into that here with Stephen Kent and a few other things that'll be coming up one hour from now. All right, we're talking about Tim Walls there. I'm gonna play this cut again. I'm gonna play this cut again that we just played because Walls is talking about IVF and this is why they've decided.
Speaker 1: To go the route of how dare You?
Speaker 2: Which I can't play right now, But they decided to go with the how dare you not to address the issue where he clearly.
Speaker 1: Misrepresented what the treatment is.
Speaker 2: Now if he'd had done it out of just being a guy who didn't understand although when you're doing something like that as a couple, I would assume that you educate yourself, especially if you're in a position to be a governor. Okay, so rather than address that one is one thing, one is the other. But it doesn't take away from the fact that if you're trying to have a kid and it's challenging, it's an emotional roller coaster. But you're in politics now and you now have a history of misrepresenting things, going back to your service and your rank as you left, and your rank when you were putting together your Congressional challenge coin. And you're carrying a weapon of war into war. So if you have that track record misrepresenting the specifics of the fertility treatment with one being much more more of a slog, maybe not emotionally, but from going to the doctor standpoint, people are going to pick up on that. But instead here we go hear his how dare you outrage? Let's play cut number two again.
Speaker 1: We've got a golden rule. Mind your own damn business. You made it, you the help, you wouldn't shut up about.
Speaker 10: It and not include IVF and for kility treatments. And this is personal for Gwyn and I. If you've never experienced the hell that is in for tw I guarantee you you know somebody who has. And I can remember praying each night for a phone call, the pit in your stomach when the phone had rang, and the absolute agony when we heard the treatments hadn't worked. It took Gwen and I years, but we had access to fertility treatments and when our daughter was born, we named her Hope. Hope Gus and Gwen, you are my entire world and.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: So that's what that was. That was how dare you look at my kids? Why would you even question this? And it is It is a very personal situation. However, once you decide you're going to use it, and yes, as a politician, even if you're trying to be genuine and if you bring up something because you're trying to connect, you're still kind of using it. And the difference is he would bring it up a lot. They're you know, just like the service stuff. There's a lot of instances, and when you're doing that, you're also playing on the emotion of people you're talking to because you're saying, look, I can identify. So if you can identify, and you tell them that, and you talk about it in words that they've undergone the same treatment somebody who's sitting there, who's maybe had to go through the implementation procedure and everything that goes with it multiple times makes a connection with you. And if it's not a truthful connection, that's a problem.
Speaker 1: So that's how they.
Speaker 2: Chose to play it. I'm not surprised. And then let's go cut number one with Tim Wallas. Check this irony out.
Speaker 10: Leaders don't spend all day insulting people and blaming others.
Speaker 1: Leaders do the work.
Speaker 10: So I don't know about you. I'm ready to turn the page on these guys. So go ahead say it with me. We're not going back.
Speaker 2: I can't even So have you seen the numbers on the on the mentions of Trump at the DNC versus the mentions of Biden at the RNC. I think Biden got mentioned in the first few days four times.
Speaker 1: Four times.
Speaker 2: Now, obviously they're key focused on Kamla. I understand that, but ultimately, when you're talking about why things are the way that they are, them invoking Trump, I think it was seventy three times in the first two days versus four, it sounds like you are man and and like, that's that's the whole premise of insulting there so again, and then everybody claps with it. Do you think if Donald Trump came out on stage and said that he wasn't going to insult or nickname anyone, that everyone would clap. I feel like they wouldn't. I feel like they'd be like, oh, what are you talking about? Like you're nick you know. For some people, some people obviously see it as tiring and they don't think it's there. But a lot of people think it is turned about is fair play. And every single day it's some new accusation with the word ist at the end. My political opponent is a is a rapist? Is a racist? Is uh, you know, a bigot?
Speaker 1: Whatever it is?
Speaker 2: So I'll be very interesting interested to see if that, in fact is the uh is the case?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Seven thirteen phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. Let's see here, all right, we gotta we gotta get to the Judy Woodruff thing again. Every single day it's something in the accusation that was leveled a Trump yesterday. It that's a big damn deal and she was very wrong. We'll get to the details next hand. Well that's nice there, thank you, do do do do do all right? Uh sorry, I gotta I gotta do some stories that ain't ain't what's ain't what's going on with Sorry, I'm just sitting there trying to save something, uh not what's going on over at the d n C, which we'll get to here in just a moment.
Speaker 1: I'm just.
Speaker 2: I don't understand. I don't understand people sometimes, Man, on what planet do you think that this is? And and I think people are being unfairly critical of those who are upset about this and has to do with a burger king cook. I was just reading the details of the story.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Screw the whoever decided this was a good idea. We'll share that with.
Speaker 1: You in just a moment. But first, let me go ahead and jump back to to this.
Speaker 2: So, in addition to Tim Walls, you gotta have you're in Chicago, man, who do you gotta have? You gotta have the opera? So and look you know where she's coming down. So of course, wheel the Oprah out. Let's go ahead and do this cut number three.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Oh, I'm sorry we're doing that. Let's do the.
Speaker 2: Oprah cut please, because you've got to have Oprah, if you're in Chicago.
Speaker 1: We just try to do the best we can to save them. And if the place happens to belong to a childless cat.
Speaker 2: Lady, I don't understand how that's become the ceased thing.
Speaker 1: But I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I understand grabbing things your opponent says and using them like.
Speaker 1: Very famously Hillary.
Speaker 2: Clinton with deplorables, right, I understand how you parlay that is the childless cat lady. Does that rise the level of deplorables? I think they're trying to make it that, but then I see a bunch of people whining about it that all look like.
Speaker 1: Childless count ladies. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I and and then of course they're making up scenarios why that is, well, you know this, this horrible thing, this one instance happened, and there it's representative. They're talking less about that, and they're talking about this phenomena. And I see it when they do like man on the like clearcut man on the street stuff, not where they're only putting the bias stuff or they're actually trying to talk to people. And what I keep seeing in these videos where they're out there going all right, Trump or Harris is. It's almost exclusively middle aged white women who are all in on the Harris but can't explain why. And then they go and they talk to people they talk to They're run around talking to minorities in Chicago and like the kids are screaming Trump right, And and when you ask those individuals, like they were interviewing this mom.
Speaker 1: She got two kids that are just you know.
Speaker 2: Eight old and sugar whatever parents know what that feels like she's trying to do an interview. By the way, she's not a soft parent. She's very aggressive, so I could appreciate that. But they're asking her and she can give a concise answer why Trump. And it's very simple because right now she's running around with her rug rats, you know, try to keep her sanity and run her errands and watch whatever money she has stretch far enough so her family can eat, her kids can have back. I think they were getting back to school stuff and she was exhausted over that. And she's sitting there and she's watching her dollars go away, and she's saying to herself, I don't necessarily like Trump, but when we were going to school for Johnny here. Five years ago when he first went into kindergarten, I don't remember this being a thing. So it's in a way, it's really nice to not be in a position right now where the economy now versus five years ago is literally make or break, not where you don't notice. I don't care how much you make. You notice right now or you're I guess in a coma. But when you're talking to people who don't have the privilege of being an HR, you know, by vice president of HR at some woke company somewhere, and you get a camera shoved in your face and you're like Harris all day. I can't tell you why, but I just love her. For those of you who like to talk about privilege, that's a pretty good one for that not to matter, or at the very least for you never to be able to admit that it matters. Versus talking to the elderly couple. It was part of that same interview as I was watching. One was Hispanic and one was white, if that matters to you, and they were just talking about how concerned they were that their retirement was going to hold and they were able to talk about with Trump why they think that's a better thing. You can say that they're wrong. At least they had an answer, But you never know the lunacy that you're going to be presented with. So you know, Oprah Winfrey, even though she never married, she's not who you're talking about. I've driven by her house in Montecito because I was just when I got down there to Santa Barbara. It's one of the suburbs. I'm like, a look at these places and it's ridiculous. It is ridiculous, the homes in there. I don't begrudge people. Good for you if you got it, but they're not talking about you, Oprah. And of course she's gonna come out and feed that beast. And then here comes Bill Clinton. Now Bill Clinton, they were talking about some of the health issues he's dealing.
Speaker 1: With, and it's I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of people, a lot of folks, very high profile people, where you hear these diagnoses. Man, and you just you don't see this stuff coming. And I don't know fully what's going on with Clinton, but you know he's got he's shaking, his hands are shaking and stuff. And the thing that stood out to me when I went and saw Clinton when he was he was campaigning for Barack Obama, and he came to the Target Center, which is where the Timberwolves played basketball in Minnesota, and I had to go down and cover it, and I'm fine with that. And by the way, it was interesting because you could still roll in there, even with a lanyard that said the station that people on the left hated, and people were still civil then. And I remember watching Bill Clinton and what got me is his use of his hands. He has giant hands, and he giant long fingers, and he throughout the speech, he'll be waving him in front of his face and all you could think is, damn, that man's got giant fingers. So and I don't know why that stuck out to me, but then when they were talking about some of this other stuff, it just kind of clicked. But here is Clinton yesterday during his spiel two days ago.
Speaker 11: I turned any the oldest man in my family before a generation. And the only personal vanity I want to assort is I'm still younger than Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: All right, So you know he's up there cutting up whatever, and you know what I'll give. I don't do you mind Clinton as much as as Obama and UH and and Biden. Do you mind him when you hear him speak? Do you think that do you think that he's as vicious as and underhanded? Now, look everything we know about Clinton, or do you think some of it teams with age or maybe that wasn't even his thing? Admittedly I was pretty young when Clinton was in there. I was still in high school maybe middle school when he came in. No, I was in high school, just into high school. So yeah, I don't know. So if he wants to crack jokes about the age, that's fine, pretty pretty innocuous. Well we'll get into little Hollywood stuff. We got Stephen Kent joining us uh and more than enough to chew on there.
Speaker 1: Check this out.
Speaker 2: So the head hamas dude and described as the October seventh mastermind. Yah yaha, sinoar. I don't know how to pronounce it. Also don't care.
Speaker 1: He he is.
Speaker 2: He is definitely one of I think the top three that they've kind of been like, all right, look if.
Speaker 1: This, if this goes, these are the dudes we're going to be greasing. Okay.
Speaker 2: And he's also one of these cats who never really hangs out in Gaza.
Speaker 1: He's in London or Dubai. I don't even know where he is right now. I think he's he's is he a Arab Emirates or something.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So as they're talking about a ceasefire deal, he had he had a little extra thing he wanted in there, according to officials are this is a new report from New York Post officials who are part of the ceasefire discussions.
Speaker 1: Which what the hell that means, I don't know. At this point.
Speaker 2: Sinhwar had emphasized during the most recent round of negotiations that in addition to and they got a bunch of stuff, they want some settlements moved. They want a bunch of money which will just be for food and medical supplies and totally won't go towards weapons. He also wants to not be killed, so a little personal requests there in what it is supposed to be a business thing. Yeah, So Sinowar has emphasized that as part of any ceasefire, his safety must be guaranteed. That according to a senior Egyptian official, because again it's not just the US folks that are in there on this negotiation.
Speaker 1: They got folks from a lot of the Middle Eastern countries. Too.
Speaker 2: Sinowar insisted on guarantee for his safety and security to be assured. Sinwar, by the way, the reason he's in charge is because we greased the other dude last month and he had just put in the work on the October seventh attack, so of course they elevated him to the head of Hamas.
Speaker 1: So that's the guy. Hey, what do you do in this situation?
Speaker 2: Because if there's a dude who needs murdered, now I think we can agree. If there's somebody on this earth who needs stuffed into a wood chipper, it's this dude, right, his whole thing, his master production was the absolute slaughter of individuals all over Israel, folks who are at a music festial. I don't have to remind you of this, and just all the horribleness that went with it. That's his that's his thing, and it literally then got him a promotion. And now you've got to guarantee not to kill him. And what happens if he I don't know, uh, what happens if I there was an accident, right trips and falls on a bullet or something like it, then it turns into a whole thing. I wouldn't have any business guaranteeing this. The US can say we're not going to assassinate you. But whatever Israel wants to do or whatever maybe some of your irritated countrymen want to do, that's not on us. Maybe you shouldn't be such a giant piece of crap and murdering everybody, and then people won't want to murder you. I don't know, it just it afflicts me, Like we see these stories where you know, some lawyers out there playing games about the death penalty for a client who murdered.
Speaker 1: Like eight kids.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but there's going to be a receptive audience. Remember you had our own government who just a couple of weeks ago, try I had to do a deal with the mastermind of nine to eleven and to give him to get rid of the death penalty on three thousand counts of murder. So they probably will guarantee this guy's safety. And my only hope is that some other country, Greece is or maybe just a random dude, I don't know, get some you get some pumped up ex soldiers like no more.
Speaker 1: I you know, how do you even control that?
Speaker 2: Because you can't go, yeah, we won't kill you, and then all of a sudden, your head explodes like a melon three seconds later.
Speaker 1: Thanks for showing up to the signing.
Speaker 2: But if anything does happen to him, even if we have nothing to do with it, it'll still be used in a propaganda fashion. The US and Israel lie, The Jews lied, right, they can't be trusted even if this guy gets Greece for just you.
Speaker 1: Know, being around Gazer or whatever.
Speaker 2: Or there's infighting, which there is within Hamas, there's infighting over who was going to take charge. Is absolute absurdy, fellow, personal request, can you imagine?
Speaker 1: But we do this stuff right, There is a.
Speaker 2: Window in which you can do awful stuff and if you'll agree to stuff, we'll just let you go. And why wouldn't they in Gaza think this?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: They?
Speaker 2: You know, it wasn't that many years ago speaking of we just had the Clinton audio. Wasn't that many years ago where we basically told a dude he could abscond with billions of dollars talking about Yasser Arafat and we just let that happen. Uh with Saddam Hussein, remember before we did Shock and Awe, before we went into Baghdad, Saddam Hussein was told he can basically fill up his coffers and go wherever he wants. You just can't stay here. You don't got to go home, but you can't stay here. And had he taken that, the US would have abided by it. We have a long history of letting dirt bags live of and relative peace as long as we can remove them from power, which you know irritates some people sometimes, but screw this guy. They're just sitting there holding hostages, murdering people, making rape tapes, and and you know he's the dude writing the playbook. No, you don't agree to that said there were due personal stuff. Uh, the new position comes, all right, Sinwar rose top blah blah blah. The new position comes after months of Sinhwar intervening with the ceasefire and hostage exchange talks. So he's literally been holding them up at the time, saying that no, no negotiations will happen. We will continue fighting until Israel is destroyed. Fine, give him what he wants, give them what he wants. But look, we tried to talk to the talk to the top dude, and this is what he said. Well, but he's saying this now, Well, that's because he's a coward. And it's funny how how that stuff works. Man, This guy was like, we'll die. Well what did he say? There's actually a quote here he said it would be an honor to die fighting Israel.
Speaker 1: Well, what happened to that?
Speaker 2: This is what you wanted? Many in June messages obtained by The Wall Street Journal revealed his calculations, choking up tens of thousands killed in Gaza is quote necessary sacrifices. That's what he's saying about his own quote unquote people. He says, by doing this, we have the Israelis right where we want them. That dude needs to go in a wood chipper. It doesn't have to be a wood chipper. I just that would make warm the cockles of my heart. There are some people who are so evil they shouldn't exist anymore. And I know that that's not a popular thought, but it's true. There are some people that are so evil and are willing so flippantly to murder so many people. They don't have business. Breathing is the thing we used to know, and apparently it is not now. There's a reason that there's a reason we did Nuremberg. Okay, and admittedly we didn't sack. We didn't sentence everyone to death, but everyone we did died. Sometimes they you know, the suicide of themselves. That's fine, whatever, I just need you gone. And it gets sticky when you get into the people who are almost on that cusp, because then everyone, you know, people use that to nation build. But every now and then some folks come along where you're like, can we all agree except for maybe one that that person needs to go in a wood chipper. And I think this dude rises to that level when you read this Wall Street Journal report. He is positively giddy over ten thousand of his countrymen dying because.
Speaker 1: It screws is real.
Speaker 2: More so give him what he wants. Doesn't have to be the wood chipper. Maybe gets something that's more thematic for the area. I don't know what that would be, but you know, make it happen, and don't agree to anything with this dude. Now, Ray Stagic. You can agree to stuff with Ray. He's not a cold bloody, calculated murderer. He's just a guy who's at all living the dream right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 8: There's times where people may want to take that type of action. And I've been threatening before.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't put you in a wood chipper, sir.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, but I don't think with this forecast.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, you're gonna you're gonna be good. Yeah. Another dude's ahead of hamas you're fine. Oh okay.
Speaker 8: So trying to draw the distinction there and see where I fit in. I'm well, I'm glad I fit on the good side there. So yeah, I mean, temperatures are starting to rebound a little bit the next few afternoons. Next week, maybe back into the nineties, a little more humidities. It's big ridge starts to work back toward the east yesterday in Texas, really where all the heat has been Abilene one thirteen, all time record high for them, a record in San Antonio one. Await, So it's not gonna get that hot, so maybe that'll make us feel better. But low eighties next couple of days into the weekend, middle and upper eighties should see a lot of sunshine, maybe some clouds at times, especially during the morning hours. I'm like, we're seeing this morning and maybe some patche fog. But then early next week upper eighties to low nineties across the area, probably Monday through Wednesday. I don't see a chance of rain in here to maybe later next week. So yeah, looking pretty good. Get a little warmer, a little more humidity around next week, but not bad. Great for outdoor stuff and good for the beaches.
Speaker 1: A pool.
Speaker 8: The water hasn't cooled off just a bit. I know, my wol water temperatures dropped probably five to seven agrees with some of these loaws getting in the upper fifties. And I know, so now it's only like eighty two or eighty three instead of eighty eight. But yeah, I made tough life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally goes fun me for you?
Speaker 4: Or yeah I do.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Do I need a heater? I need a heater? Starts?
Speaker 1: Is your pool temperature? Okay?
Speaker 2: My poor raise has dropped five degrees for his private pool at his house.
Speaker 1: I would hate if you were having anyone had to deal with that. Man. It's just well, you.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and take the rest of the hour. Awful tech text next hour. Okay, all right, there we go. All right, there we go, raced agic having pool issues here on the case O Day radio program. Hang on, I realized it's not a new thing. It's an old thing that they're trying to do again. I want to I want to play some audio for you first from Judy Woodruf from PBS, and she's going to as part of a conversation she's having with I think she's actually on with the MSNBC report, it doesn't matter. So she's sitting there at one of the you know, the the desks there at the d n C, and she starts talking about something very specific and makes a pretty stark accusation. Now, it's important to understand that this is an accusation that has nothing behind It has been literally denied by everybody involved. And would Riff pretend, she says, she didn't know that, But you have a responsibility if you're going to bring this up, because it's a hell of an accusation to have done a little bit of due diligence. So here's what would Riff said off the cuff. She says, that sounds very familiar. See, if you can figure out what it is, go ahead.
Speaker 9: It is over there right now working with net and Yahoo. The reporting is that former President Trump is on the phone with the Prime Minister of Israel urging him not to cut a deal right now, because that is it's believed that would help Sahara's campaign. So I don't know where that. I don't know who knows whether that will come about or not. But I have to think that the Harris campaign would like for President Biden to do what President to do, which work on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a hell of an accusation. I just want to I want to just point out what she's saying. She's saying that with everything going on, with the continued bloodshed in Israel, that Donald Trump, out of personal whatever aspirations, literally is making phone calls telling Israel not to sign a do a deal which would inevitably, inevitably mean more people killed. Not that the deal will probably stop it, but you get it. And because he's not in office yet, that's a that's a big boy accusation. And immediately I realize they're trying to Reagan him. If you remember, that was the accusation with Reagan over the Iranian hostages Jimmy, we want to make Jimmy Carter look bad, So whatever you do, don't release the hotes.
Speaker 1: Yet that was that.
Speaker 2: Was this thing that continues to live to this day as something that people believe that Reagan did with no evidence. And it's like, you can't come up with something New So that's what they're accusing Trump of. Now, Woodriff, as you can imagine, people were like, now, wait a second, Wait a second, why would you go ahead and say that. So Woodriff had to literally post she had to do her retraction because she had said that in I'm sorry sitting there whistling on the mic. She had done that in her capacity as a quote unquote journalist at PBS, you know, a journalist that you pay for, and just said it.
Speaker 1: And the thing is like, in my mind, I immediately went.
Speaker 2: That's a really really big thing that she's accusing. I had not seen anything, so I started to look for it. Well, turns out quote I want, this is what she says. I want to clarify my remarks made on the News special Monday night about the ongoing ceasefire talks in the Middle East. As I said this, what I said basically was not based on my original reporting. I was referring to reports I had read in Axios and Reuters. In that live TV moment, I repeated a story that I hadn't seen that later showed both denied it because by the time she got to it Axios and Reuters and I think there was one other had already retracted the story because they themselves were essentially making that up with no evidence. And then she goes and parrots it in the middle of primetime broadcast at the DNC, just like it's nothing. So again, you squander the trust. You know, PBS is long gone, but you squandered the trust each and every day. The airs always seemed to go in the same way. This is where we find ourselves. And now she's just super sorry that she didn't check that. And don't get me wrong, I throw stuff up from like I think I read this, but I also say I think I read this, let me check.
Speaker 1: So that's what we go and do, because I do.
Speaker 2: I do strive for accuracy when I'm not just being you know, on serious stuff. The other you know, some stuff are just having fun with. But that's a serious thing. Because you can take from this moment right now to whenever he ceasefire is achieved, count up the bodies on both sides, and you can lay that at the feet of Trump if you honestly believe that, Well, he didn't want this, so they had to keep going. And now seven hundred more people are dead, which I'm sure Judy Woodworff would love to report because she's an absolute moonbad just like the rest of them. The difference is you're paying her salary. Dude's probably cheesed over the cancelation of the Acolyte. It's Stephen Ken, how you doing, sir? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I'm doing well? So cheese casey, me and like five other people.
Speaker 2: Well, I wouldn't say that, man, It is uh, how do I say this? It is quite the list of accusations that I saw being thrown around over the cancelation. So, you know, not the not the you know where people I analyze and go, you know, it didn't connect with me or I didn't like it. And I understand everybody's all geared up on this, but basically, if you didn't like it, you're a super bigot and the patriarchy and all this. And I would ask myself this, when that happens, and and admittedly it's happened more often than it used to, do you think that that's the best strategy for all involved to go?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: It's never it has never been. Yeah, no, it's never been a workable strategy to guilt people into watching shows. But you know, the demise of the Acolyte is fascinating to me. So it it did actually start right out of the gate according to Nielsen's top ten ratings above the Book of Boba Fet It had a better start than that show in terms of raw viewership, and it also had moments where it was peaking above and Or. But that show just bottomed out. And it's not because of any of the identity politics and The Acolyte. It's because it was a really garbage written show. It had no pacing, no flow. They had this sort of mystery plot that they wanted to unravel over the entire season and it was agonizing to get through. It was just poorly done and people didn't want to watch it, and therefore it is not coming back for a second season.
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay, but as we've seen, so that goes away and then you know, they've got twenty bullets in the chamber when it comes to these.
Speaker 1: Star Wars projects.
Speaker 2: So do you look at elements like that if you like they do they have the ability to take an honest look at it and go you know, because you're right. The writing thing is one I probably heard that is the biggest objection. Who wrote this?
Speaker 1: Those are from people who were seemingly enjoying the show.
Speaker 2: So is there enough maturities to not sit there and go, oh, the reason they didn't like it is because they're racist or sexist or whatever it is, to maybe go all right, look, we can't do this the same way. Here's an upcoming project. Let's make sure that our writing teams buttoned down. Do they have the emotional maturity to do that, because I don't feel like they do some of them.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 4: I think we're very much in a cycle of entertainment where the writers, the people making these shows are way too concerned about the opinions of their loudest critics on YouTube who have incredible microphones. I mean, there are star Wars and entertainment YouTubers who have bigger audiences than these shows themselves, and they care, I think a bit too much about what they think about certain things. You know. I'm reminded of just one tweet from an entertainment reporter named Brian Young, who kind of covers all of this stuff, and he said, upon the Acolytes' cancelation, not good. The worst people in the world will take this as a victory lap. And so I was going, okay, So is it not good that the Acolyte didn't get renewed, or is it not good because it's a victory for people you don't like?
Speaker 3: Well, that's own people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, renew shows to own people.
Speaker 2: Here's here's where I think the disconnect is for for some of the entertainment reporters and for some of the folks within the show. They would sit there and tell you there is nobody more loathsome than nerd rotic or it's a Gundam or critical Drinker, right right, They would sit there and tell you there's nothing more loast than that. However, when I started adding the numbers up from those three and a few others, that is your audience, right, And so if the audience is responding pot to critical Drinker bashing on the acolide and you could you have to assume I think you would assume that core Star Wars fans that are going to be counted, there's going to be a lot of them counted amongst critical Drinker fans. That why wouldn't you listen even if you don't like the way it was suggested to you because it came across as snarky, Why wouldn't you at least put that in your hat and go, you know, how many people complain about this show? And then I have to evaluate whether I give a crap it's something you do right, And if I feel that it's the people complaining our core audience members, then I take it a lot more seriously than somebody who's just a political drive by person who wants to get a little snark in. And they don't seem to be able to do that.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, no they don't. And I think this is just one of the things that you can add atop the pire of casualties. Ever since the George Floyd Summer of twenty twenty, you know, the Mandalorian came out, and twenty and nineteen about a year before the reckoning that we had in our culture where we just had to stop serving up majority's content that they enjoyed. And you know, I make that comment about Floyd in twenty twenty because this was sort of when the entertainment industry rejiggered in a direction of saying, you know, screw legacy fans, screw majority white audiences, screw male audiences as well, we have to do all these things for minority group XYZ. Even if it is commercially unpopular. Even if it is something that will bomb, we will do it because we want despite those people. And that's what's changed in the culture. It's what's changed in the way the Olympics it's run. It's the way that changes Star Wars shows. There's not been much good since that time. The Mandalorian is still the only thing holding on to Star Wars star Wars reputation.
Speaker 2: Is there anything I guess I really hadn't looked at they have anything coming down the pipe that we're supposed to be excited about.
Speaker 4: So they've got a new show called The Skeleton Crew coming out starring Jude Law. This takes place after the fall of the Jedi Order and it is Goonies in space. They basically are taking a couple of like twelve year old kids and they stumble upon a broken down starship, climb inside, and then it comes to life and takes them off into space on an adventure. It looks like, it looks like a lot of fun, and they are really ripping off a lot of beats of the Goonies for this show to have it just be a I don't know, like nineteen nineties VHS cassette type kids adventure. It feels like The Sandlot as well. And they should have done this years ago. They should have done it a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Apple's doing that right now, and I got to admit I'm not inclined generally to dip into things until all the episodes are there. But I did watch the first episode of Time Bandits, which is Apple TV is doing. It's uh, what's it's got the the Wakiki what is the director's name? Who did the thor movie that was from New Zealand Wahiti. Yeah, no, it's not that rossall say, it's something to my head?
Speaker 1: What what did you just say?
Speaker 2: Oh Tahiti WAHITII or whatever that dude. So anyway, so he's in it right, and it is. It's pure goofball and some of the time and the time manded. Super fans are not happy, and and they didn't promise it was going to be a remake.
Speaker 1: It's obviously it's a series. It's its own thing.
Speaker 2: I would say it's appropriate for kids. I didn't see a lot of politics in there for people care about that stuff. It's it's probably not my speed, but I found it entertaining because it's kind of mindless.
Speaker 4: But from the eighties, right, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: So like it looks like they they spent a bunch of money to do it. Uh, it's really well done. The characters is funny. Some of it's pretty funny, and it's just like, okay, so they can do that, yay, Right, And I haven't seen all the rest of the episodes, but it's like it is an achievable thing, even in a post George Floyd era. But I hear what you're saying, So, you know, let that guy do his thing. I guess if he's going to get it right.
Speaker 4: So well, it just it reminds me of the context in which Star Wars came about in nineteen seventy seven. This was at the tail end of a decade of despair anti hero stories, you know, Dirty Harry and Taxi Driver and all that kind of stuff, and George Lucas talked a lot about how he really felt the country was in a malaise, kind of echoing what Jimmy Carter said about America being in a period of malaise around that time, and he wanted to lift stuff out of that, and that's what Star Wars was. It was fun it was campy, it was hopeful, it was going back to you know, just Arthurian legend. And at some point this bleak period that we are in the cynicism and everything being turned inside out from you know, stories we love like Star Wars to I don't know what's the latest thing they destroyed Batman?
Speaker 1: Oh right, hold on, we want to get to.
Speaker 4: That at some point. At some point this will end and we will return to a hopeful Goofy era. But I don't know when that's going to.
Speaker 2: Be, okay, of speaking of Batman, although you kind of did Ross send me this headline or maybe.
Speaker 1: You send it to him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do, all right.
Speaker 2: So for those of you because we mentioned this on the show, yes, so let me just mention this again.
Speaker 1: This is the insufferability. This is this again.
Speaker 2: This is people who are in the you know, or in the meat grinder, right, whether it's from a from a journalistic standpoint or from a production standpoint, right, And and some of them are so insufferable. And in fact, I just see that it got community noted, which is amazing. All right, So this is the tweet from pc gamer. Watch a latex clad billionaire punch out poor people, in the debut gameplay trailer for Batman Arkham Shadow.
Speaker 1: And I would say this before you respond to that.
Speaker 2: It's my understanding, though it's not necessarily something that I spent a lot of time playing that the Batman Arkham stuff was very popular. So you're crapping on a popular thing here, because I just roll my eyes and go, you know what, I just I don't even I don't even care anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't want to explore this.
Speaker 2: And I understand that's PC Gamer and not the the you know.
Speaker 1: The studio.
Speaker 2: But PC Gamer relies on people to still be interested in this stuff, and they're doing their damnedest to kill that interest with crap like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean people are being paid like this journalist Andy Chalk who wrote that piece. I presume this person is still employed there. You know, they are not held to a standard of actually promoting the interests of their audience. You're supposed to subvert the audience, insalt the audience, and do anything that you can to make them look bigoted or classiest or whatever.
Speaker 1: In any way.
Speaker 4: And there aren't consequences for that ever since the year twenty twenty oh. You know, so if you if you write a PC gamer, you can basically just get away with dunking and hating on your own audience and the stories they love. Like Batman. This has long been a part of you know, kind of goofy comic con criticisms of Batman that he's some pist of class.
Speaker 1: Warrior, a millionaire. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that when it was the goofy thing where people were going, like because they did a Batman series where it was predicated on he lost all his money, right, it was one of the Batman spinoffs and comics, and then people were had they were having a fun discussion about this, right, derevn No. Then people had to turn it into you know, he's the one percent, right, because that predated the George Floyd stuff.
Speaker 1: So they were.
Speaker 2: Taking something where you could have what sound like aggressive conversation at a distance amongst you know, officionados of various sci fi and actually you know, comic stuff. And then but then they turned it into you know where, you know, where it really broke. Did you ever see the review for the PS five that they did, I don't know if that was PC gamer.
Speaker 1: Ross sent me this review.
Speaker 2: So this is the PS five's coming out, you would argue that's a pretty big deal if you're in the video game journalism sector.
Speaker 1: Right the new PlayStation.
Speaker 2: So this guy wrote a whole thing talking about how he can't actually review it because what privilege or ross?
Speaker 1: What am I forgetting? What was it? What was the crux of it?
Speaker 2: He couldn't do it because he's so sad because we all suck so much or something.
Speaker 1: I can't oh the child labor in China and all this.
Speaker 2: And it literally is supposed to be and he's like, I can't, I can't review it. I can't do and people clicked it because it says review of the PS five, So I get away with that.
Speaker 1: You know, where does it end?
Speaker 4: It ends with us not having anything that we enjoy. Ever, you know, the Batman thing will will always be funny, but it does speak to sort of this thing that has been in politics for the past couple of years. You know, like he's punching poor people. Okay, we're the poor people waving knives at innocent bystanders where they holding women and children hostage at gunpoint on a subway, because that's who Batman punches. Go around knocking out the homeless.
Speaker 1: You know, you want to hear.
Speaker 2: The community note that's attached to that tweet now says Batman does not randomly punch poor people, as the tweet suggest. He specifically attacks criminals, some of which are poor. Yes, that's logic, that's the logical.
Speaker 4: So according to social justice Warriors, criminals are are the poor, and poor are the criminals. Uh, forgive me for saying that. I think poor people and people who are struggling financial well, it can actually be great people and heroes and good.
Speaker 1: They're poors.
Speaker 2: That's why we call them the poors in this show, right, No, it's the people are absolute lunatics and and somehow being poor as a badge of honor.
Speaker 1: Here, here's the deal.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people who don't have money are great people, and sometimes they're really not. They're really and by the way, some of them had money and they're poor because they're such horrible people, just like rich people. Sometimes there's no reason for a dude to be rich because he's such a piece of garbage.
Speaker 1: But it just is the way that it is.
Speaker 2: And one day, yeah, I hope it's so. I want to I want to be unnecessarily wealthy, So strive, strive for the American dream. All right, I appreciate you bouncing around with me. You have no idea the computer hell, I was just in which they just got fixed, so I had some other stuff. We're not going to get to it today, but uh, you know, we'll try again next week.
Speaker 1: How's that for you?
Speaker 4: Till next time?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: There you goes Stephen Kent. Make sure you're on Twitter, by the way. You check out the various you follow them on Twitter. It's not just video game stuff too. Whatever seems to catch his eyes, very active on there, and we tweet out. You go to our Twitter right now at Casey on the radio. We tweet out with his handle there to promote it, so you'll find it right there. Give him a follow, and start Batman.
Speaker 1: Debates with him if you want. That'll be okay.
Speaker 2: All right, speaking of debates, you know this Burger King story I gotta tell you about next.
Speaker 1: Is a doozy hang on for that, all right.
Speaker 2: Anybody want to guess who just signed with one of the big talent agencies, Big, big, big talent agency represents a lot of I'm just looking at the list here other some actors, actresses, a lot of social media folks, a lot of big ones too, Born Bred Talent. All right, Ross, you haven't seen this story? Who do you think just signed with a major talent agency and is now said to be in production of some TV show stuff? Regun yeah, Rega, Oh you did see it?
Speaker 1: Okay? No I didn't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Australian Olympic breakdance phenom.
Speaker 1: That's their words. Dot bye.
Speaker 2: Reagan has now signed with the Born Bred Talent agency. Currently, the agency says that they are linked. They are linked already to getting her on the next season of I'm a Celebrity getting Me out of Here, which I think that's a British one. I think that's a bit but it's a big one in the UK reality show and that they quote have other ideas to platform her. I like what, I say, what do you do with her when her five minutes are up? And how do you also make the argument that she couldn't see this coming.
Speaker 1: I mean she's sitting there.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming she's sitting there practicing her kangaroo going. They just signed hok to a girl to something.
Speaker 1: Oh I got this sure enough.
Speaker 2: They also, in addition to that, want to put her on h what is this? They got some other Mass Singer. Can she sing? Does she sing like she dance? Is there a dance there's a dance version of Mass Singer?
Speaker 1: Isn't there? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't watch any of them. The whole thing just seems so creepy to me. The first time I saw it, like like, we it's a show, but they're all furries but they're people, you know. And then like Giuliani was in one and I'm like, I'm not even watching them. And then I think they do another one where they digitize them right where there are singers, but they're like some sort of like digital cartoon looking character. And then they're backstage and I guess it's you know, they're wearing I don't even know if they're wearing the suits. I don't know how they do it, but that one seemed kind of creepy to me as well. So all right, yeah, let's go ahead and get Raygun all signed up for stuff.
Speaker 1: Why the hell not? So check this out.
Speaker 2: I thought people's reaction to this was pretty interesting. There's a guy by the name of Kevin Ford. Kevin Ford works at or worked at Burger King. I guess he worked at the one at the airport and in Vegas there's some m Karen and he's just doing his thing, goes in, does his grind. He he cooks for them and he has spent twenty seven years working for him, never missed a day, which in the world of fast food, I want you to think about that, right, that's that's one of the constant complaints that you'll hear, especially with entry level jobs, is staffing issues.
Speaker 1: And we've obviously we've seen it, you know through COVID.
Speaker 2: So this guy grinds for twenty seven years working at the same burger king, working on the grill. He'd advanced, but not you know, it wasn't a manager or anything. And he was to the extent that he could. He was content to do that. In the re was is, he said that he had an obligation to his family. He's got I think he's got two daughters. No, he's got four daughters, four daughters. And he said every day, you know, every day I thought, oh, man, I just this. He just said, I got four little girls. Man, I'm gonna go through it. I'm gonna be the best dad. And eventually put him through high school and college. Well, it came to the attention the story of some local media, and it seemingly came to the attention because one of the uh, one of the people that are part of the ownership group said something because they I think they realized it's a nice story. But they also realized that's that's some nice pr and so they, you know, they did a story about this dude, and to uh, I guess to put the kapper on it, the Burger King franchise decided that they were going to do something nice and you know, reward him for his twenty seven years of uninterrupted service.
Speaker 1: So what happened? So the.
Speaker 2: Burger King management decided to give him a gift and here we go, twenty seven years. He was handed a backpack with a movie ticket, a Starbucks cup in a mix of candy and chocolate as they thank you for his three decades of service. Now I saw people who were going, well, you know what they paid him, didn't he? And that was part of the agreement. And I agree with you, right, if you make an agreement that stuff is nice. Christmas bonuses are nice, even a Jelly of the month club or whatever. But you know, ultimately, if it's just straight up you agree to do a job, they agree to pay you for it. That is, that is the simplest part of the arrangement. But here's why folks who were saying that people getting mad about this need to shut up. This is not as simple as that, because it's clear that the Burger King wanted to use him to build their business. Right, they did this and I seemingly the dumbest way possible.
Speaker 1: They wanted it. They wanted it.
Speaker 2: Out there that hey, there's this look at this guy. Look at our employees, twenty seven years doing great. We must be a great company to work for. And by the way, we're gonna do something. Here's something a little generous for him. And then the generous thing was not I don't know, buy them some tickets to a really nice show in Vegas, dinner out, you know, something something you could probably get for free because you do business in the market.
Speaker 1: But they didn't.
Speaker 2: They gave him stuff that you'd get tricker treating, minus the backpack. So I got no problem people beefing on the Burger King or this Burger King. It's a franchise, own one, so take it for what it's worth. But that dude was more than willing to take the press.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's a dude. Really, it looks like it's a ownership group.
Speaker 2: But that group was willing to take the press that would make them look good, make their employe look good.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: But then you tripped over your own you know what, man, and you gave a guy a handful of candy, a ticket to the movies, and an empty Starbucks cup, which, by the way, I don't know. Do you think the dude got that at the Starbucks that morning, washed it out and put it in there?
Speaker 1: Right you.
Speaker 2: There's a reason that that was a plot point in National Lampoons people because it showed the absurdity of it. It showed the absurdity. Uh, he thinks he's going to get a pool with his bonus and then corporate America because it's it's relatable, it's identifiable, and there are a lot of people keep their head down and go all right, well, don't don't uh, don't make trouble for me. I will make trouble for you. We'll just we'll do this employee employer thing. And that's fine. That's are my heads that most days, right Ross and I just want to come in and do our thing man and manage and management for the most part is happy to let us do it. That's a good relationship. Do they need to buy me a condo in the mountains somewhere?
Speaker 1: That'd be nice.
Speaker 2: Hand to hint, but I don't expect him to. But also, I just hit my anniversary with with iHeart because I got my you know, you get the management. Hey, congratulations, So whatef our managers sent that? And I'm looking at it all those years and I'm just like, cool, Yeah, this has been fun.
Speaker 1: Man. I enjoy it. I enjoy doing this show.
Speaker 2: I enjoy running my mouth every day. That being said, if you got me a backpack with a handful of candy in there and a Starbucks cup, I.
Speaker 1: Feel a little insulted just saying all right.
Speaker 2: Eight forty three raced agent from the Weather Channel is standby. Dude does twenty seven years at Burger King and they give him the Jelly of the Month club. It's like, it's like, just don't just don't go say you're going to reward a guy in the newspaper and then give him a backpack with candy and a Starbucks cup. For twenty seven years, man guy was grinding at twenty seven years.
Speaker 1: Oh oh no, you know what.
Speaker 2: They probably probably gave him a backpack with a Starbucks cup and he's like, no, not going to do this. All right, Well, we'll give him just a just a moment here. It's a good it's a good story. The guy's very good a humor. All right, let's get raised stagic in here. He has what's going on?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 8: Doing all right? Just trying to scan through and look for things to talk about.
Speaker 1: I mean there's much we talk about other stuff. What else?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we could could Yeah, there's actually a I think it's uh hector, hector whatever it is, heading maybe toward Hawaii that could affect it is the powerhouse Delaware State against Hawaii.
Speaker 1: This stup Brazil? Did you look to see how the things gonna go for?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: For well, I know we're a little ways out, but isn't one of the first week games is in Brazil?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: And isn't there some controversy there about there's a green Bay and Philly and they both wear green and there's talking about green and what was that all about? Because I turned it off once they I was like, are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Do you remember that happened a couple of years ago. It was like who is it?
Speaker 2: Jadson Philly And it was near impossible to tell who was who. Yeah, but now you're gonna go in the middle of the Amazon and you're all wearing green.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I mean, I understand you want to.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I'm not four. I just like even this, even this game Saturday, the a c C game Florida State and Georgia Tech in Ireland. I mean, I don't know. You you could easily because I don't think. I don't think the team's left until yesterday or today. And I'm kind of like that usually had flight problems. Yeah, the Mississippi or so, I can't remember who what. But the point is, yeah, you got, you got all these pieces. You got to get into the place here for week one on both sides, and it's like you better hope nothing screws up, man, you know, And yeah, I can easily you know, text get a lot of hype, but and I could easily see like Tech only the upset. Then somebody's saying, well, you know, it's tough to play, and you got and that could be a factor in that game. And I'd be like you know what, that's a legitimate excuse. Then they'd say, well both teams.
Speaker 1: Have well yeah, but no, no, no, I get you want, but keep it home.
Speaker 2: I want, I want the packers end zone. Okay, play it up, local man.
Speaker 8: Well who is the starter?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 8: What do you mean for the Vikings? Who's gonna you know, who's gonna be don't.
Speaker 1: Even weather it out? That is a shame. All right, Yeah, I got about a minute.
Speaker 8: I wish we could talk, yeah, Warmed, I mean it's sunny, Yeah, it's tough, getting hotter. We'll go from upper seventies to low eighties and mid eighties over the weekend, maybe ninety degrees in some spots and no ray maybe till later next week. Tropics. We'll keep an eye on it. Things are quiet right now to the first week or so of September. Maybe little development there, so there's still time for the beaches. But it looks like a better weekend this weekend than last weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh right, all right, maybe next time.
Speaker 2: What a pity? All right, thank you sir, appreciate you. All right, we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next hang on.
Speaker 13: Wel good morning, casey. Stock market futures have been modestly higher all morning. The Dow futures are up thirty points at the moment. Got word from Washington this morning that there was an uptech last week and the number of new claims for unemployment benefits. The Labor Department reports two hundred thirty two thousand workers filed new applications last week, and that was four thousand more than the prior week two hundred thirty two thousand, still a historically low number. The number of continuing claims also rose by four thousand. That suggests it's taking a little bit longer for workers who lose a job to find their next one. The jobless claims report is one more data point for FED chair Jerome Powell to consider ahead of tomorrow's very important address in Jacksonville. A contract dispute with workers has brought both of Canada's major freight railroads to a full stop. If this shutdown should drag on, it's going to have an impact on the US. The Department of Transportation notes that billions of dollars worth of goods moved between the US and Canada via rail each month. Sources say Edgar Bronfman has sweetened his bid for control of Paramount Global to six billion dollars. That's one point seven billion dollars more than he offered.
Speaker 1: Just three days ago.
Speaker 13: Walmart's set to introduce a new perk for members of its Walmart Plus loyalty program. The ninety eight dollars a year program will soon include discounts on meals from Burger King. Walmart says Burger King is very popular among Walmart Plus members, and the CEO of Crayolas thinking outside the crayon box, Casey about ways to boost sales. The company has been granted a patent for the way It's crayon smell. CEO Pete Regiro and visions pumping that smell into stores, bringing back some childhood memories for shoppers who would hopefully buy more crayons and choose Crayola.
Speaker 1: Casey, what do.
Speaker 2: You mean like the standard rubber smell, or because I remember they had scented, they had like a senate version.
Speaker 13: I think just the general you get in a box of sixty four Crayola crayons, if you if you might remember how that that waxy smell that apparently that's that's unique to Crayola. They were able to convince the patent office of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, so I guess next is eating them for the for the kids to do. So all right, yes, I guess so, all right, thank you, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Take care.
Speaker 2: Is that is that a childhood smell, the way that the fresh box of Crayola smells you crack that old?
Speaker 1: I guess I never did. I remember that now you know what it was.
Speaker 2: And when I was in school and the girls mostly had it, remember all the scented markers. Those were a thing and I and even then I always thought because simultaneously they'd have the scented.
Speaker 1: Markers but also tell you not to huff things. And I'm like.
Speaker 2: Kind of trading you to huff things because you know people would you know, huff other things, other marks that would actually, I guess do something. I never tried it. It never looks smart to me, but I don't know. But okay, all right, there we go. All right, A couple things here real quick we got I didn't get to all the audio. Yeah, I literally just got access back to my own next gen. So it's been one of those mornings. But anyway, a couple quick things here. The amount of I got to play this audio because so many. I think a lot of people think this is real and it's not real. It's funny, but it's not real. And this is the same dude Alex whatever his name is, that goes and does like the city council meetings right or is just ridiculous. During his two minutes, those go viral. So he, along with I don't know every other right wing pundit, is apparently in disguise at the DNC. He gets a microphone stuck in his face by the BBC, and I will say he is. He is mildly convincing from a lingo standpoint. After a couple of minutes of kind of even the BBC got it's like, yeah, I don't think this is real. But at first he and people listening around him are like, yeah, this guy's telling his truth. Man, So here here is what they what was being told to the BBC. And he's wearing like he's wearing the whole get up.
Speaker 1: So check this out.
Speaker 8: Well, what brought you out anywhere?
Speaker 12: No, listen, my name is no source at UTD pronouns like I'm just really excited how we have like the first black woman that could be the president of the United States and you're like my wife right wearing a polyamors relationship. The lover that my wife's hook is African American, and like, I've learned so much about.
Speaker 8: The struggle that people of color go through as a result of my.
Speaker 12: Wife's boyfriend, and so I'm excited to really do my partin phil telling Verity's about marginalized community.
Speaker 9: They're like, the best way to do that is to get.
Speaker 12: The first woman of color to be the commander of chief.
Speaker 8: And I'm really excited.
Speaker 2: And then like follow up question, like they get into it, and again the BBC guy, I think figures it out. But the funny thing is is that's a really popular meme. And I was really surprised it was because immediately I'm like, oh, yeah, that no, that dude's doing the meme. That dude's doing the meme. But if you're a BBC reporter, apparently the meme hasn't made it across the pond, so to speak yet.
Speaker 11: So