Speaker 1: This is a podcast from woor. It is The Jesse Kelly Show. Another hour of The Jesse Kelly Show on a Wednesday. We have Clay Martin gonna teach us how to survive a disaster. About a half hour from now, I'm gonna talk a bit more about the Port stuff. We'll do a bunch of emails. I'm a little behind on those and I know asked doctor Jesse. Friday is coming, so I need to knock those out. We'll do a little Man on the Street segment. Well, we'll listen to one about Dome voters versus Trump voters. All that and more still to come this hour in this show on The Jesse Kelly Show. Now, we talked a bit about the port strike last night. We've been talking about the port strike, the long shortman strike along the East Coast, and for those who maybe didn't hear or are just now tuning in, this is kind of a recap of what's happening and m take what it's been on it. This issue, the pay of the East Coast longshoreman, has been an issue that's been on the table for years. You need to understand that this didn't happen last month. This has been three years plus this issue has been on the table. Now that begs the question, why didn't anyone do anything sooner? Well, the shipping companies, the ports, that the other entities the other side of it, they were dealing with COVID stuff, shut down stuff, and essentially they kicked the can down the road. We'll deal with it when we deal with it. So now here we are right up against the deadline, and the deadline passes, and now the dock workers strike. I'm going to once again remind you the dock workers, the ports, shipping things, there aren't good guys and bad guys in this situation. We want every situation. This is how we're built. I'm built the same way. We want every situation to have a good guy and a bad guy, a good side and a bad side. I have actually had several longshoremen who are on strike reach out to me in the last twenty four forty eight hours with their side, and they have very very valid points. They are way, way, way underpaid compared to their West Coast people who do the exact same thing. That's a very very very valid point. The docks, or should say, the ports, I'm just gonna call it the ports, because there's different entities involved here, but the ports they have a point too. Everyone has a point. There aren't good guys and bad guys. What I have said is the leader of the longshoreman union, this Daggett guy, he is making the dock workers, making the long shoremen look bad. That's been my point. In one day on Monday, when we talked about this issue, we brought on Ross Kennedy on Monday Show. He broke down the issue, the complications surrounding the issue, how it's been a long time coming. Here's how far the apart they are. When he broke it down, we had emails from both sides of the spectrum. Jesse, those union guys should go on strike, Jesse. The port is one hundred percent right here. We showed up to emails the next day from all over the map, and then the head of the long shoreman ran to the TV and started saying things like this and in today's world, I'll cripple you, I will cripple you. And the next day not a single email was supporting the long shoreman. Not one. And we had a long talk last night about taking the temperature in the room. And here's something funny for you. I actually had should have told Chris to pull the audio, but I forgot about this. No no, no, no, don't bother. You won't find it in time. Chris. Remember last night when I was talking about this and I was criticized in the head of Longshorm because he was making his guys look bad. And remember what I said why he did it. One of the reasons he did it because he's used to negotiating with the Mayor of New York City with the Gambino crime family behind him. And in this social media age, it's not nineteen seventy five anymore. You run your mouth like that, like, hey, I'm a gangster. Oh crippay Jack. You run your mouth like that. Then the American in Nebraska, Nebraska who can't afford groceries, now he hates Longshorman and he's never even met one, because you still think you're a gangster. I talked to Ross Kennedy again today.
Speaker 2: Ross told me the dude has long connections to the jen of Ac crime family and that's how he used to negotiate. And before I even said it to Ross, Ross said to me, the guy doesn't understand what time it is.
Speaker 1: He thinks it's still back in the day. He echoed exactly what I told you, because that's what's happening here. This guy, just because he made the long shoreman look bad and greedy doesn't mean the long shoremen are bad and greedy. And I'm not taking their side either. I need to be clear. I'm not taking a side. I won't take a side. I just want everything to get get worked out and everything to get opened up again, because the American people are going to start to suffer. Like now.
Speaker 3: It goes a few days, there won't be much of an effect. If it goes weeks, a month or more, there could be a very big effect. We'll definitely have higher prices and we might have empty shelves.
Speaker 1: The strike could cost the economy up to five billion dollars a day peril. Footwear, consumer electronics, home goods, decorations, food products, you know, anything you can think of is coming through these ports. Yeah, it looks bad. It sounds bad when the people are suffering like that, And that's your public language. I just want to remind everyone it's a lesson for you for me. Two. Take the temperature of the room. Know what time it is. If you're the head of the Longshorman Union, and you understand that the costs for everyday Americans are about to go through the roof. If you understand that because of your strike. I'm not saying don't strike. It's a freaking union's that's the way to get things done sometimes when it comes to unions. I'm not saying don't strike. I'm saying when you go to the camera, instead of.
Speaker 2: They get a fad that pay us what they Oh, it's Jack, I'll come my cousin Vinnie, and we'll cripple you.
Speaker 1: Instead of saying things like that that make you sound like a gangster and an extortionist and frankly a terrorist. When the camp when they stick a camera in your face, what you say is, hey, this is not what I wanted. This is not what we wanted. We are trying to make sure we are being treated fairly. We understand the American people are suffering from this. We hope this will end as soon as humanly possible. We want to work out a deal publicly. That's what you say when you're trying to win over public support. And if you want to be Johnny tough guy behind closed doors, you want to do the gangster thing with your gold chain and stuff like a kippa ya. You want to do that kind of stuff, fine, once the cameras are off and the doors are closed and you're negotiating behind closed doors. He made a whole bunch of blue collar guys who are trying to make ends meet. He made him look like a bunch of greedy dirtballs because he didn't know how to take the temperature of the room. Have you heard a single public statement like that from the ports? Not one. They were smart enough to sit back and shut up. And that's a lesson we all need to know from time to time. So the pain that's coming is bad. Just pray they come to an agreement, and I believe they will. It doesn't look like they're close right now, but I believe they will. And one thing I was asking Ross about this, Ross Kennedy, the shipping expert guide, one thing you need to look out for, because I was kind of peppering him, how are we going to know? This is about the end? He said, If you start getting word, you start hearing rumors that they've crossed legal hurdles. I'm talking about the ports. The ports have to cross legal hurdles in order to pass the increased costs onto you onto me. I know that's the last thing you want to hear. Last thing I want to hear. It's certainly the last thing Jewish producer Chris wants to hear. But as soon as they get over legal hurdles which they have to get over to pass the costs onto us, they very likely strike a deal. Now the deal is temporary. You can't fight the ocean. Doesn't work that way. If you're the real challenge is to stop automation. You can't stop technology. It doesn't matter how many union deals you have, doesn't matter how many politicians you pay off. It doesn't matter if you have legitimate gripes. If the gun has been invented, your country's not going to stick with the bow and arrow. It's just not even if you can temporarily. So no, we prefer the bow and arrow. It doesn't work that way. Modernize or die, and that's how it goes. And that sucks. That's how it goes. Jesse, Oh, I'm a lifelong conservative American. I love conservative radio. I'm sorry, but you have the worst voice for radio. It's one of the most it's one of the most annoying out there, and your rambling content is unlistenable. I heard you on a thirty minute trip using Uber and it was the longest thirty minutes of my life. Please get out of radio. You're awful. So remember. Fan mail can be emailed into Jesse at Jesse kellyshow dot com if you want to hear more of my Chris. What was that big word someone used one times? Melodius? Was it melodius? And we had to look it up on the air to figure out what it meant. If you want more of this melodious voice kind of like a mixture between berry white and maple syrup, then you have to tune in what Chris anyway, you know what it is. It's the chalk. That's why my voice is so sultry because my tea levels are so incredibly high. What you're hearing, lady, that's not actually sound waves coming through the air. I have so much male vitality stack running through my veins that just listening to my voice can increase your tea levels. I've been told that I have no scientific confirmation of that chock. However, that they kind of do have the confirmation. Twenty percent increase in your testosterone levels in ninety days. When you start a male vitality sea and it is Choctober, it is officially Choctober, and that means it's blowout sale time, baby Choctober. They do this all the time. Well, actually no they don't, but October's occasionally they'll do this. Take advantage, save some money, Go get a subscription ce hoq dot com. Promo code Jesse, or call them text them five zero chuck three thousand. We'll be back.
Speaker 3: Truth attitude, Jesse Kelly.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do some emails. It is the Jesse Kelly Show reminding you. You can email the show Jesse at Jesse kellyshow dot com. You can also leave voicemails eight seven seven three seven seven four three seven three. Although we're regretting that.
Speaker 4: I didn't really want to talk to you either. But if you go to China very often, they'll give you a Chinese missie like Richard Nixon. Yeah, that's why he normalized relations with China. He had a good time over there.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that voicemails were a great idea that said, we'll be broadcasting from China next week. Anyway, let's do some emails. Oh, I should you know, I've been doing disaster prep. I've always done disaster prep. I talked to you about doing it. It is important. Clay Martin's gonna come up ten minutes from now and talk about how normal people like you and me can do disaster prep. You know how I told you the wife was at the big box stores stocking up on things, just basics, just more basics, just in case this port strike's bad, just just just stocking up. Well, that kind of went the other way because the boys. On top of other basic necessities, the boys had requests. I don't know why we would ever ask them for things, but one of the things. Two of the things they demanded practically was top Ramen, the packages of top Ramen and cans of Beeferoni. Yes, top Ramen and Beferoni are both delicious. I'm a huge fan. All that's fine, But we decided to acquiesce to those demands, purchase some Ramen and some Beeferoni to go along with everything else. What do you think the boys wanted for dinner last night? I come home and the boys are eating top Ramen and Beferoni. I said, this is for emergency purposes. Only this wasn't so you can rate the bee Feroni cupboard anytime you want b Feroni. There's no emergency food left by now. I'm sure by the time I get home we'll be flat broken out. Anyway, we're gonna do some emails. Jesse, what's up with your hoodie sweatshirt? I thought you lived in Houston. It's ninety five degrees today. You're not in Ohio. His name is Randall. He's talking about after the debate last night. I told you I was gonna go live on YouTube and do like a ten minute YouTube live thing with my quick reaction stuff, and I did. It's a you Tube slash at Jesse Kelly DC. I know it's a freaking mouthful. It's awful, but I did that last night, and I was wearing a hoodie sweatshirt. You should understand something about me as we move forward here. I am a hoodie sweatshirt aficionado. I have a car heart one that's a zip up. I have some fancy freufrew on that I got in a ski town. I'll get to that in a moment. I'm gonna when I tell you that story, Chris not gonna do well. He's gonna lose his mind. I have a million normal hoodies. I like hoodies, and I try to keep my house cold. I like to keep the house cold, so I could walk around in a hoodie. So I had a hoodie in the house because that kept the house cold. As far as the fancy schmancy one, most of my hoodies are obviously basic ab and I we had to go do this political thing in Park City, Utah. You ever been to Park City. I'd never been to Park City. I've only been once, the only time I've ever done it. But it was this fan fancy political event with all these fancy, rich guys, and I was there with my winning personality, if you will. I of course didn't check the weather. And I'm a light packer. You know this. I don't check bags. The Kellies do not check bags. Unless it's more than a week, there will be no bag checked. Figure out a way to fit it in a freaking carry on. So I didn't really take the whole Utah thing into account. We show up in Utah, it's freezing, temperature drops, it freezes. This was in the middle of the winter. I should have known this. I grew up in the Rocky mountains. I just didn't think about it. I'm so used to the warm weather. Now we start walking downtown. Well, this is a fancy, rich person's ski town. Great food, I should note, but it's expensive. I'm freezing. I finally find this ski store and I pop in this ski store and they got all the goggles and daa b ba, and I said, I don't need any of this fancy stuff. Do you have any hoodies? And the guy says, oh, yeah, yeah, we got great ones over there. I go, I grab the hoodie. I did want to spend a bunch your money. Just give me a hoodie. I'll get by with just a hoodie sweatshirt. I put it on. It's the most comfortable thing I think I've ever put on in my entire life. And you know what, that should have been the tell right there, because you get what you pay for. I'll be honest. My car heard that soft's really not that soft. This thing was amazing, amazing. I just wanted to just sit there and just rub it on me. I wish I'd put that differently, but you understand what I mean. It was amazing. I didn't I didn't think to ask how much it was. I didn't put two and two together that I'm not in a normal place. I'm in Park City, Utah. I'm surrounded by rich people. I go up to the counter, Hey, Chris, how much do you think the hoodie was? One hundred bucks is what Chris said, up more two hundred and twenty dollars. I know. I don't think I've ever owned a two hundred and I know, Chris, it's cloth. You should see Chris's face right now. I don't think I've ever owned it. Two hundred and twenty dollars piece of clothing of any kind in my life, not a winter coat, not a My hunting boots, I would say, are probably the most expensive thing I've ever bought in my life or work boots. Used to buy red wings and things like that. Two hundred and twenty dollars for a hoodie, and it's so comfortable that I wear it everywhere, and it's the only one I'll ever own, so I treasure it and I protect it. It means more to me to my children. Speaking of which, let's talk about preborn Let's talk about saving the lives of babies. Abortion obviously came up last night during the debate. It's a terrible conversation. But one thing I did like, at least the theme I got from jd Vance last night was he seems to understand this is a cultural issue. We have to change the culture. It's not just about changing the laws or overturning laws. This is a cultural issue. How do we change the culture around abortion? How do we convince young women it's not a compass cells just oh, it's an inconvenience. I want to get drunk on spring break. Ultrasound ultrasound has saved the lives of more unborn babies than any law, than any politician. And that's what Preborn gives young ladies who are about to abort their babies. They give them an ultrasound, and almost every time, do you know, Almost every time when they hear the heartbeat, they choose life. And maybe the best part, you can save a baby's life and deduct.
Speaker 2: It off your taxes.
Speaker 1: It's tax deductible. Just go to preborn dot com slash Jesse and give the one ultrasound costs twenty eight bucks. Look, if you can give eight bucks, give it, you can give eight thousand, give it. I don't care what you give, but it's tax deductible saves a life Preborn dot com slash Jesse sponsored by preborn Clay Martin. Next is the Jesse Kelly Show on a Wednesday, a Hupday. And as promised, I promised, and I am delivering one very own Clay Martin. Everyone who listens to this show regularly knows who Clay Martin is. Former Marine Corps Scouts sniper recon Then that traitorous piece of trash left and went to the Army to become a Green Beret, where he killed the enemies of this country for a very long time. And now he teaches us how to survive in various scenarios. Clay, We're gonna have to have you sell some books tonight. But before we get to those, what do I do if my home washes away? What should I be doing? Now? We have a port strike, we have floods, we have hurricanes, we have god knows what else. I'm the average Joe Schmoe citizen. What do I need?
Speaker 5: Man? Things are? Things are not good? Are they?
Speaker 1: No? No?
Speaker 5: This is uh. This has been a while because this is actually our second disaster in a row where the old school idea of prepping of just you haven't much stuff is stick in your house doesn't work. I'm referring course to and this one more houses washed away and East Palestine where it was a chemical spill, and you get me. Your stuff at your house was absolutely no good to you, So nothing else. This reemphasizes the point of everybody needs, no matter how much good stuff you have and cool stuff. Every a little emergency bag with the stuff in it that you can actually live out of it if you have to prioritizing water. That's a huge problem in North Carolina right now, and floodwater is actually one of the hardest things to visit. The filter is that you don't know what their bodies. There's chemical runoff, semitructual and gas and if you'll flipped over that kind of stuff, So you gotta have some water procurement. And the next thing you got is you just started thinking about what what is my plan? What am I going to do if this whole thing goes sideways?
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's let's focus on the bag for a moment. So I figured you we were going to talk go bags a little bit. Uh, everyone has different opinions on this. I wanted your what kind of size are we talking about, you say, water procurement. Are we talking about pills? Those little straws that can really strain freaking muddy water. What what's in the Clay Martin go bag? To make sure he can drink, he can eat, he can what's in your bag?
Speaker 5: These bags go in and out of fashion, says thing, you got to have one those. In my opinion, I think it needs to be small, because the thing is I want it to be something that I can pick up on a crisis. I don't want like the giant rock like we carry the Marine Corps with, you know, one hundred punds of stuff that in a sleeping bag of garbage. If I'm not gonna get that, all right, I got toddlers, I got a wife. It's going to be fast that I have to go. So I want a small bag, preferably you know, under twenty pounds, definitely under twenty pounds. I prefer something like those. It's called life straws, and I believe Sawyer makes those, or a an MSR Mini catode pump that's the best in category. Having like eye dine or bleach or something like that is fine, except again, in a crisis like this one, those won't do anything for chemicals. The straws will the sawyer or the excuse me, the life straw will be the sawyer mini's will. And that's going to be I think the biggest issue. Uh So that's the one that I want. The next thing, I want to want a little bit of wikis and chewies, like some some energy bars are you know, something high calorie content. There's a couple, not anything crazy. And this is one that people both think about, especially like down in the Houston area where you guys are at. I want some kind of warming layer two. If I have to leave and you know, pull waters especially, I'm going to be wet. It's probably gonna get cold that night. And then you know, after that, a little bit of AMMO and a little bit of you know, some of that effect that you're pretty much good to go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I want to talk about the food for a moment. You mentioned a couple energy bars things like that. All right, So what do I do if I can't get anywhere? My home washed away? I have my bag, I got me, got the wife, got a couple of boys, couple energy bars. How am I eating from here? And I should note that I have the life straws. I do want to rehamphasize what Clay Martin just said. Life straws are amazing. Stay filter out everything for food. What's my plan? What do I do? I'm stuck in the mountains of Appalascia. I don't know where to go. What do I do?
Speaker 5: We can actually go a long time without food. It's not fun and with little kids especially, it's not fun. But there is no like squirrel strap or anything like that's really gonna save you. Especially we're talking about like an area devastated by animals run too. The next thing, man, I think the star of this show, really, for this Northfield, Alina hurricane, has been Starlink. I hate to be a technology I'm an anti technol legy guy most of the time, but this has definitely made me reassess having a waterproofed you know, mini starlink in my bag like a hundred bucks that's you know, that's a great insurance policy. I mean, they have really shined this.
Speaker 1: Time Mini Starlink. And for those unfamiliar, again, we're talking with Clay Martin, Green Beret author. He writes a lot of books. You're about to have to buy and teach you how to survive. Clay Martin Greenbry teach us how to survive in these scenarios. Okay, Starlink, I agree warming layer. You mentioned a warming layer, but I've got a pack now. I've got a star Link in it. I've got life straws in it. I've got Ammo in it. As you well know, that's not light. What kind of warming layer are we talking about here? Am I stuff on a hoodie sweatshirt? What's going in there?
Speaker 5: Something either wool that you can wring out and retain warms even if it's wet, or this is actually one of the places where like a polyester does better than most things. Actually, some of the synthetic layers will do better even than wool when they're wet. So I want something that's light and thin. If it's wintertime, if it's you'll getting somewhere that's winter like, obviously you plus that up with something a little bit that should be like my bi yearly. You know it's October, so I live in the mountains. I'm going to stick a thicker warming layer in there. For everybody else it can be just a windproof shirt for most of the year, which you can get those that can pressed down to about the size of your hand, or do you want to go one step above that, like a like a synthetic light jacket, preferably with an outer show.
Speaker 1: Communications. You already mentioned starlink. Obviously that's going to tie into a lot of different things. But radios, what walkie talkies? Is this something I need to invest in care about? Is it a complete waste of time? I know we have huge range problems, especially if you're in the mountains. What do I do for communications?
Speaker 5: I really think, like right now, unless they decide to jam it or we go to some crisis where satellites don't work anymore, starlink is by far the better choice. Radios are cool, except you have to have somebody to talk to. They might help you get an SOS signal out if they haven't be flying you know, helicopter looking for people that are that are you know, need help. But as we've seen right now, there's not a lot of government air working to try to find people putting out SOS signals. So man, it's it's a it's a it's a wild step. But I feel like the starlink is highly prioritized over radios right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have a couple of really really stupid questions, and we're friends, so you can just mock me in front of the entire country. That's completely fine. But I really I think about this stuff. I woke up thinking about this stuff. Do I need a raft? And I mean that I look at these pictures of people on their homes, the floodwaters arising. I realize it's not ideal. It's certainly not where you want to be. Do I need that in my home? Something inflatable blows up, we can float away.
Speaker 5: Look for you in Houston. Yet we have the fortunate benefit that my mom's complete lunatic, at least she started to bringing up to me like years ago, like why don't these people have raft under the bed? No, it's actually a very good point. If I lived in somewhere that's flooding with a high priority threat, yes, absolutely, absolutely, no question. I would want to have some kind of you know, semi durable, probably not like the most expensive white water rafts they make, but you know, something that's not going to break the bank. But yes, I can flow away in if I have to, because you know, it's not a great option to be out in the floodwaters in a rubber raft. But it's worse to be in your house if it's all the way underwater.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: There's also a reason that, especially after Katrina, people will leave the ana start keeping axes in the attic. Every almost every house in Louisiana has an axe in the attic. What do you do if you you know, here in your house the flood war start coming up. Now you're in the attic. How you gonna get out? A lot of people died that way during Katrina.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, can you imagine the terror of that.
Speaker 5: That's brutal, that's tar dark. Oh God, is horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's not That's not the way anyone else wants to go. Okay, I'm gonna wrap this up with this question, and then I want you to tell us your survival books, which obviously, as you will know, I'm aware of heat. You mentioned a warming layer, but it's not always. These terrible things don't always happen when it's warm, or where it's warm. I'm here in Houston, which is approximately at the entrance of Hell. If one of these things happened and I'm out there, I'm God forbid stranded family out there. I know about drinking water, what sunscreen? What do I do? Is there something to do?
Speaker 5: Sunscreen's honestly not a bad option as well as perhaps you know, for you and all, and bring your family one of those super lighte long sleeve UV shirts like the Fisher Medius. They weigh nothing. You can ring the water right out of them, but that will keep you from, you know, having a super bad sunburn that might actually kill you.
Speaker 1: I was considering letting Clay Martin go, but now I'm going to ask you on the air, in front of everybody, can you do one more segment? I want to talk a little bit about Iran, Israel, books, things like that. You stick around down nice all right, We will be back with some Clay Martin speaking of Iran. Speaking of Israel, you heard the comments I played last night from that Yahoo what is coming over? There could be nuclear strikes, don't I don't mean a nuclear weapons strike, strike on Iran's nuclear facilities, could be strikes on Iran's navy. I'm hearing a lot of chirping about that. But this is something that is not it's not de escalating, it's escalating. You want to help somebody want to build a bomb shelter, Help support a bomb shelter, emergency food, emergency water. You know, we're not the only place with these struggles right now. Ifcj's over there doing it, they need your help. They don't do it magically, they only do it with your help. Call them eight eight eight four eight eight. IFCJ the need now is well, obviously it's greater than ever. I don't have to convince you. The missiles are raining down eight eight eight four eight eight. IFCJ or go support, IFCJ dot org, we'll be back. It is the Jesse Kelly Show on a Wednesday. We are back for segment Numero Who know, Chris, I know you don't know this. That is Numero dos anyway, Chris, that's Mexican for two. It is segment number two with Clay Martin, our green Beret friend, teaching us how to survive. Okay, Clay, Now we're gonna move away from survival for a moment. Iran Israel. Israel seems to be beating the living crap out of everybody around them over there. This is a tiny country of eight million people. How exactly are they doing this? Well?
Speaker 5: It helps a lot of your neighbors are incompetent. For one, Look, I love Israel and they know they're good goot friends over there, but that has always helped them. Everyone else around them is more incompetent than them, buy a large margin, which helps.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would certainly help Clay. How good are there are there green Berets? I know that that's not what they call them. They're SF guys. When I talk to guys like you, although you and I've never talked about this, they tell me they're very very good, are they?
Speaker 5: They're they're pretty good. In fact, there's there's some things they specialize in uh that they're better at than us. Uh. Well, like this whole patri fiasco where they you know, killed basically all of Hesbol's top uh basically command struct with with that, with pagers. They have always been so good at the intelligence and the covert ops side, partially because they all speak the language. Hebrew and Arabic are are very similar as well as they grow up around both, so it's not hard to find speakers of both that are that are fluent at it. As well as they seem to have a better plan than we do. Always for like long term shaping operations they are. I mean they're fantastic at that stuff.
Speaker 1: What about what about Maritimes stuff that they're I mean, people would think about our seals or whatever it may be, the seal equivalent.
Speaker 5: I think that's my mitt call. I can't I can't pronounce the Hebrew names that well. But they were. They're very good too. I mean they were doing like dive into assassination things back in the eighties and doing a good job at it. I mean they practice a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Iran, this is not a small country. It's not a small military. Technologically, they're not Israel. But they look pretty inept and weak right now? Are they inept in weak?
Speaker 5: No? Actually they're not. Of all the other people, of all the other people in the Middle East, I wouldn't want to fight after Israel, it would probably be be Egypt and I ran, and it would be a toss up of which of those two I didn't want to fight. Iran is actually pretty competent. Their own version of queen Berets are very good. That's they're they're killing a lot of those all around Israel right now. But that's because they're out there and they are They're actually pretty incredible themselves. What's happening right now? Man, I think we're seeing I Ran kind of tilted hand towards what they're actually capable of. I haven't got a good bda on the middle strikes from last night, but it kind of shows. It looks like the striking earlier this year where they used that weather blow a bunch of cheap rockets and stuff. What they were doing was mapping the template of Israel's response, and then last night they used that template and actually hit them where it hurts. So I think this is escalating in a way that nobody wants to see, and I think we might see some some first line offense from from I Ran pretty soon.
Speaker 1: That's that's why I asked the question. I see a lot of preemptive celebrating, and I get that because Israel has win after win after win after win. But Iran is not some useless patsy without troops and without resources at all.
Speaker 5: Correct, Absolutely correct, and they can now thanks to a current administration, kind of lean on Iraq as they're as an entire approximation too. They each way I RACK like a ffd M I ran now, so they have a lot of fighters, a lot of territory, a lot of a lot of actually ability to take their own fingerprints off of things, and nse somebody that's expendable.
Speaker 1: None of this is good, Okay, Yeah, no, this is all terrible, Okay, Clay. Things do get terrible, and you, after your life of killing people, have moved on to a life of writing books, which is actually hilarious and awesome to me, and they're amazing. But setting aside your fiction books like Wrath of Whendigo, you've written a couple how to manuals for people like me, for dumbed down normal people like me, giving us instructions how to survive certain scenarios. Please discuss them.
Speaker 5: The first one is Concrete Jungle. It was written specifically for people that live in cities, which is not a great place to be, but there are a lot of us that do. So that is the book that is for you, and that's the starting point. The second one is called Prairie Fire, and I wrote it actually read before the twenty twenty election, and it kind of looks like it lines up exactly where we are right now. It's what to do. There's like a weird contested election and nobody knows who's actually running things and then things decide. He gets spicy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not like something like that could ever happen here. But however, either of those, if either of those things are you, if you live in a city, if you live in a country city, concrete jungle or or rural prairie fire, He's Clay Martin. They're all on Amazon and every other Dagne place. He's fringing best selling author. Now, Clay, my brother, simplify and I.
Speaker 5: Appreciate you, brother, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Clay always gives you the dirt, doesn't he did you know Iran had elite special forces troops. This This is what my concern has been. And I voiced some of that last night. Everyone's over everyone right now. We're cheering. Oh look at Israel. Ah, they're killing all these guys. Look about they're killing all these guys. Oh, Hamas is gone. Hes Blood's gone. But remember that we had last night about how wins can become losses. Iran backed into a corner is a significant military power. They are they're gear is older, they're not as smart as Israel. They're not, as he explained, they're not, but it is a big lumbering bear that can inflict damage. And that's why I wanted him to come back for another segment and just kind of give us a more sober reality of what's going on. All Right, that's enough foreign policy stuff, that's enough survival stuff. Look, those books really are amazing. I have them, Chris has them. They're really really good, and they're really instructive, and they're for normal people.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: He doesn't write them for green berets who know how to survive. It's for you. It's for me, highly recommend, but it's your call. Look, I'm nerding out on more survival gear at this point in time.
Speaker 5: This has been a podcast from WR