Speaker 1: Deborah, with her thirty years of being an ltrepreneur and creating over seven companies, knows exactly what it means to accept the mission. When you make that decision, when you accept the mission to become a solopreneur, to take yourself and your talents to market, then you embrace a life of not only unlimited possibilities, but also the unknown. It's an elixir of fear and bravery that only someone who's taken the leap really understands. On our show, deb digs deep with her guests to highlight what you the listener wants to know, the stories, the whys, and the hows to navigate the journey to success. Get ready to hear from some of the most incredible mission takers from Generation Z to boomers. So sit up, perk up, and get ready to be blown away. Now here is your host, Deborah Drummond.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to yet another a Priminal episode. Thanks, thank you Podcast Story you rock. Oh my goodness, I'm going to tell you after today's.
Speaker 3: Show you are going to feel so good about you. You're already great humans doing great things and sharing the show and asking the questions and contacting the speakers.
Speaker 4: So appreciate that, but you're just going to have a little bit more hop in your step after you listen to this episode.
Speaker 3: We have an incredible group, and I know you love group shows, so we're doing our best.
Speaker 4: We're bringing it to you.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 4: We're going to talk about personal development.
Speaker 3: Now, a lot of times people listen to our shows are entrepreneurs.
Speaker 4: They're kind of braving up.
Speaker 3: They're listening to how we do it first, learning from the people that come onto the show.
Speaker 4: But I've been doing this.
Speaker 3: Entrepreneur thing for a while and I haven't met an entrepreneur that isn't out there with a fairly considerable amount of success, that hasn't had to do some of that inside job. And so we're going to hear from some incredible people and a variety of incredible women today that are talking about personal development. Whether they're in it, it's part of their business, it's the reason why they did the book, it's the reason why.
Speaker 4: Dot dot dot.
Speaker 3: But you're going to hang out with us and you're going to hear all about that today, So you're going to feel extra special. You're going to want to listen to this episode over and over and over again, because when you have a multitude of speakers that are talking about I think such an important subject, which is why we put it into the mix for this season is because the better you become, the better you become. Right, So let me introduce you now incredible podcast guests today.
Speaker 4: We have people listening, but we also have people watching.
Speaker 3: So as I mentioned, you know, just call it your name if you can, just kind of put a little wave up.
Speaker 4: And say hello, so people know who people are.
Speaker 3: All of your information are in your show notes, and of course everyone knows they can go to dev drum dot com and.
Speaker 4: Go who was that person in the green shirt.
Speaker 3: That was on your show and we'll trace it back for you. But we have miss Kathy Holt.
Speaker 4: In the house. We have Carol Kolpaman in the house.
Speaker 3: We have Tiffany White, so wave people because people are watching, so they know who you're who you're talking about. We have Bianca LaRue. And then I am going to attempt Jennifer's name. She told me I could say Jennifer, kay, but I try to do everyone's name. Jennifer can and why and if I'm wrong, okay, she's going to correct me.
Speaker 4: So why don't we do this?
Speaker 3: Why don't we kind of go around and obviously our topics personal development.
Speaker 4: If you could just introduce yourself and share with us what it is that you do, that'd be great. So Tiffany, let's start with you. Hi.
Speaker 5: My name is Tiffany White. I live in Victoria, Beautiful, Victoria, BC, up in Canada. I am an ADHD Trauma counselor who helps and supports people with ADHD who have trauma, as well as build real life tools to help and support them to navigate the challenges that ADHD can bring.
Speaker 4: Fantastic, Thank you so much.
Speaker 6: And Jennifer, Hi, Imagine waking up each day feeling deeply connected to your purpose, energized, aligned with your true self. That's the transformation I guided women through at New Gen Community. I'm Jennifer Canuma. I'm based in Vancouver, BC and help women worldwide breakthrough from burnout, reconnect with their creativity, and take bold steps towards making a life of clarity and fulfillment.
Speaker 4: Wow, look at that, We're going to have a great time today. Kathy Hols, Yes.
Speaker 7: I'm Kathy Holt and I'm in the New York, Connecticut area and I work in women's leadership development. And I truly believe that the first step in leading in your own life or your mental wellness is getting to know yourself. You're with yourself twenty four to seven, and so why not have a great relationship?
Speaker 4: Perfect and miss Carol Koppleman.
Speaker 8: I am Carol Appelman. I'm in Goodyear, Arizona, and I'm CPK Solutions LLCI. I'm an editor and author and speaker.
Speaker 3: Fantastic And Bianca Bianca for those of you that were in Ireland and we just landed from today, Bianca was a was the closing speaker to the Ireland to sixty two book launch and just nailed it.
Speaker 4: It was amazing. So welcome to this stage as well, Bianca. What do you do on personal development?
Speaker 7: Yay?
Speaker 9: So my name is Bianca LaRue and I'm locating the Dallas Fort Worth area here in Texas and i am the owner of Nora Mental Health in Fort Worth. So we are a clinic here who offer mental health support for the community. We take most insurance companies to make sure that it's not a barrier for people not to get the help that they need and deserve.
Speaker 4: Fantastic.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm looking forward to this episode absolutely so Tiffany back to you, what was it about this? What is it about what.
Speaker 4: You do that drew you to that? Or it came to like, how did that come about?
Speaker 5: It started with having a child who has ADHD and the challenges that I was facing to find support for her as well as I have a partner who also has ADHD and seeing the struggles that he faces in just basic life skills. And so through that, I actually ended up quitting my job. I had a job and went back to become a psychologist due to the challenges that I saw them face every day and not being able to be fully understood when they went and they saw clinicians. So they would go and see clinicians, but there was nobody who was really helping them, who fully understood what their struggles were day to day. And so I feel that having that lived experience of basically my family being my teacher to help and support me in learning about ADHD as well as the trauma that comes with ADHD has made me become a better clinician in my field. And so that's how I came to be an ADHD trauma support counselor.
Speaker 3: It's not an unusual story, Hey, that we hear that people decide to step into a particular type of work or write a certain book, or become a speaker and a certain subject when it's really touched them.
Speaker 4: I think that in this world of.
Speaker 3: Personal development particularly that is not unusual. There's like a deep sense or a deep need to help others because of the experience and many times challenges kind of it's been where it's been resourceless and you're like there's a hole here, or I'm seeing this, or my clients keep coming up with this same question and they're not getting their needs met out there. So thank you so much for that. And Jennifer, what about yourself? How did this come to your world?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been sitting inside me for twelve years my GAN community, and I'd actually paid for the.
Speaker 7: U the URL all that time.
Speaker 6: But it wasn't until last year that I hit rock bottom in my corporate career, was pushed to stop that my medical team asked me to stop, and that just allowed me to pull the bandit off and just launched into this business. So it launched in twenty twenty four. I had been ignoring signs for years around you know, burnout and how my life wasn't in alignment, and so it took kind of a village of people to help me rebuild myself, do my own self healing, exploring reiki, breathwork, meditation, and ways I hadn't before. And I also could no longer ignore the gifts that I had for healing and intuition and skills that allowed me to step into.
Speaker 7: My own inner power.
Speaker 6: And these are practices that allowed me to feel really aligned at my true self. And I'm to guiding others on their own journeys of healing and self discovery, helping them break free from a burnout, find their inner clarity, and create the lives that they're meant.
Speaker 9: To lead.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: Well, congratulations, And have we not heard that before?
Speaker 4: Like, how many times have we heard something? Particularly people? You know, change is a big deal. Change can be really hard.
Speaker 3: Change can be scary, not only just emotionally, or you may not know where to go or how to have someone help can navigate that. But there's many people that like my paycheck, my medical benefits, my kids need me, or you know, I'm supporting a family member or car payments.
Speaker 4: I mean, it really is not as easy as just oh, you know, I had a got feeling. I mean, the nag gets big, we hear about it, the noise gets louder.
Speaker 3: And then sometimes there's a situation that happens that kind of you know, for lack of a better articulation, is unpleasant in sucks. And then a year or two years you're like, well, that was necessary, right, that was necessary. So thank you for being transparent and sharing, because that's a that can be you know, challenging. Right, it's one of the reasons why we don't But congratulations and Kathy, what brought you to this work?
Speaker 7: Well, I truly believe that all women have what it takes to be leaders. But I grew up in an era back in the seventies where women were not often given opportunities to lead. You know, coming out of Upper Well High School and going into college, it was you can be a you know, a nurse or a secretary back then they called them secretaries or or a teacher, and those are great professions. But I wanted to know more. I wanted to be offered things that some of my may colleagues were being offered, you know, other students that I wanted broader horizons. So even way back then, I really kind of got on my on my journey of empowering women, that we should be offered the same you know, access to opportunities and how we want to choose what we want to do is is our choice, but we shouldn't be limited because of the opportunities were offered. So that's how I really got started on my whole empowerment journey.
Speaker 4: Wow, isn't it? Isn't it incredible? The variety, like the variety and the stories. Carol, what about yourself?
Speaker 3: Well, I came.
Speaker 8: I came from the same generation that Kathy did, and yes, that was a similar experience. And at I worked as I was actually an administrative assistant for many, many years, and then I went back to school at thirty five thirty three and got my bachelors, went on to be a corporate right or I was already writing anyway within my administrative business. And yes, my last job was primarily men and I was making the same living that they were. But during that time I learned about burnout, proper burnout, and I went through a divorce with an alcoholic so I kind of overcame that, and I think when I wrote my book and an opportunity came in my fort sixties. I talked, really the book is about personal development, and I wanted to encourage women that you can do it and you can move forward and move up and on from struggles in your life.
Speaker 4: So wow, fantastic, Thank you so much for sharing.
Speaker 9: Bianca Yay, So I always like to share. I was born and raised in South Africa for eighteen years, and it's mental health is a big taboo subject. So I was one of those teenagers that really there was not a lot of resources out there for me, and I needed help badly. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any and so when I came to America, I was kind of shocked that people talked about mental health so openly. But the system is so flawed in this country that I have been waitlisted for months and years and I still couldn't get the help that I need. So that's how I found Nora. I truly wanted to have a community where people don't have to pay out of pocket to get the help that they deserve. That there's insurances that can help that can help them get the help that they deserve. That we have great therapists, we have emdr, we work with trauma, work with addiction. You know, we were so many different diagnoses that we can help as many people as we can. And that is kind of how I got into this field, is to not wanting anybody else to feel the way that I felt and neglected in the system.
Speaker 3: Wow, we get thank you so much, Banka. We get inspired or I believe we get inspired.
Speaker 4: By many different things.
Speaker 3: Times we go to hear a speaker, it changes everything. Sometimes it's a book that really changes our life. We read a book that speaks to us, like it's written for us. I love when they kind of flow up flying that you know, or they end up.
Speaker 4: In the mailbox.
Speaker 3: You're like, okay, get your message. Sometimes it's a music, sometimes it's a concert. Has there been a book or a person or something that you've delved into that's made an impact on.
Speaker 4: Your own personal development, Tidney, I'll start back with you.
Speaker 5: There is actually and I have read this over and over and over again at different points in my life. The Places that Scare You by Pema Chadron. It's about navigating difficulty, emotions, embracing the scary places of our lives rather than avoiding them, and so it actually has helped me grow as a person. It's helped me so with the relationships that I have in my family and with friends, and it's taught me to look at different situations that are coming up within my own body and my own system from a different perspective rather than you know, oh, I'll just push that down because that's not needed in this situation. And so, yeah, so that was the book that really made a huge impact on me.
Speaker 4: Thank you for sharing. What about Yourself, Jennifer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one book that profoundly impacted me in my healing journey is called Welcome Home, A Guide to Building a Home for Your Soul by Najua Ebien, And this book uses the metaphor of a house to guide readers into building a sanctuary within themselves. And she introduced concepts of, you know, constructing rooms of our inner home such as self love for gisboness, compassion, clarity, surrender, and the dream garden to foster self worth and belonging and happiness. And I just love the approach that she has and it deeply resonated with me, and it emphasizes the importance of creating a stable foundation inside ourselves rather than seeking external validation. And it just has a beautiful combination of storytelling and poetry and practical tools and was yeah, very instrumental in my own healing and self discovery. I love it.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much. And Kathy, what about yourself?
Speaker 3: Now? I know that you're an author and you have a brilliant book, so please feel frettish tell us at the topic what the name of your book is.
Speaker 4: But has there been any other influence for you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 7: And I'm really dating myself with this book. And it was almost kind of childish, but it's called Jonathan living Seagull Smith. I can't even get it at Jonathan Livingston Seagull. And it's a book. I read it towards the end of high school when I was going through some frustrations about what was being what I was being told about, what I could do, I couldn't do, where I could go, what I couldn't what I wasn't supposed to be doing. And it's literally about a seagull who decides that he's going to fly higher than anybody else and the struggles he goes through, but the fact that he does it, even though there's fear, there's uncertainty, there's all these feelings that he has as a seagull that I was feeling, so that really motivated me. It's like it was just one of those energy things that it gave me to keep going because I had kind of hit some walls and some barriers. And then my book is called Unstoppable Women Owning our Voices and Leading Change, And part of what I try and accomplish in the book is encouraging all women to step into leadership, to step into their power, to recognize they have what it takes to be leaders because I think so often we've been told no, and I wanted to tell them yes, absolutely, go for it.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's interesting when you say you're dating yourself some of the I think the beautiful thing. And if you haven't written a book, I encourage you to at least do a chapter or a page or a quote or something, because it is truly and I bet we can all say that that there has been a page or a quote or a meme or particularly a book like you said, I remember hearing about that book. Not to say that we're so far apart, but mine was Shakty Guywan Living in the Light, and I think it's been written in forty languages since then. Just say, you know, it's not a new book, but I think a good book that has great value. When we talk about leaving legacy and books, I mean, how many people have read, you know, so many of the same books and it's impactful and it's made impactful. I think that's one of the beautiful things as we were experiencing this big implosion of anthologies and books and people stepping up and writing their own words on paper, whatever it is, a page, a paragraph, book, what have you, is that it really does leave impact. And sometimes we think, oh, all these books have made impact and we've read them over and over again or we've passed them around, and we don't realize that could be us.
Speaker 4: Right, there's a disconnect to like, ooh, my words could live legacy, you know, and you'll have to. But a good book is a good book. Carol, talking about.
Speaker 8: Books, I would say, eat Pray, Love, Eat Pray Love the entire book. I read it at the time that I was going through I think, my divorce actually, and it reignited that passion just to embrace life. So I go back to that, remember when I'm going through anything, to embrace life. We're fortunate to be living and I think we're fortunate to Just there was a there was a phrase of a movie and all I can say, you can eat the blank of life. And I can't remember what it was called. And it was like that just he was an Italian guy and I'm half Italian. It was like eat eat life, eat life.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, that's great, that's great.
Speaker 3: I have to say, before I went on this recent trip, I was, you know, doing some work on my coach and that movie showed up and I thought, oh, I know you're showing up.
Speaker 4: I need to watch that and I need to watch it today. Yeah, And it was.
Speaker 3: It's such it's so great. There's so many meanings to many of the things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, all right, Bianca. And what about yourself?
Speaker 9: Yes, I think I'll mention two books. The first book is Body, The Body Keeps the Score. I think that's a very powerful book. You know just about your body remembers, it stores the trauma and even if you don't remember everything, your body does. That's been extremely helpful book. It's very intense, but I highly recommend it. The other book I think it's made a massive difference in my life is The Let Them Theory by Mel Robbins. I think a lot of people in this world, especially people who struggle as well, constantly worry about what other people say about them or what they you know, we constantly worry about everything where it's just like let them, let them gossip about you, let them, you know, not accept you for who you are. And so I definitely enjoy that book.
Speaker 3: No, those are two really great books, and I think that I mean, sometimes the most simplest things.
Speaker 4: I mean, but like you said, let them.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of power in removing yourself from situations that you may or may not have control on or that you mean, we can't control.
Speaker 4: And sometimes I love Daniel Damon for this.
Speaker 3: When I studied him early days, he'd be like, you know, ninety percent of the things that your brain says to you isn't true. Like you literally in a nanosecond will be like true, not sure, true, not true, just checking, you know, checking in.
Speaker 4: And that reminds me of that, like ooh, they're saying something, really are they?
Speaker 6: Are?
Speaker 4: They all right?
Speaker 3: So look, you ladies have decided to step into a business based around personal development, and there is listeners and watchers out there that want to do the same thing. You are all very successful and you're right, and please our viewers, we tell them to reach out to you if you hear something, and particularly in this category, if you if you lean into something when someone's talking, if you catch yourself leaning in, please reach out. Also if someone's name crosses, you know, when you hear someone speak and their name crosses, why you're like, ooh, I'd love to connect them.
Speaker 4: We'll do it.
Speaker 6: Do it.
Speaker 3: This is a really deep personal development is life changing. It is life changing, and being in business, just in business in general, has its own it has its own interesting story. And if you ladies could share, because there's people out there that are wanting to step into personal development, they're wanting to make it part of the business.
Speaker 4: Is there anything that you can share. We call it talk performance here.
Speaker 3: Just what we mean by that is something you've been able to do that's allowed you to be as successful as you are, so that people out there that are looking to get into this sector go, yeah, I can do it too, right, I can do it too. And we just like to share that on the show because that's what our show's about. Mission accepted. You're staying on the mission for a reason. So with some of those reasons, tipany yourself.
Speaker 5: I have two reasons one or two things, sorry, no reasons. One is being consistent. So people who sign up for my email, people who follow me on Instagram, the consistency is there. They expect to receive an email with some tools and strategies in it every month. And then for people on my Instagram me responding to questions or comments that people leave in the comment section. Another thing that has made a huge difference is communication, listening to what it is that my clients are needing from me, and having different tools and strategies because not everybody who comes to me needs the same tool the same strategy. And so those are two of the things that I always try and do with each and every person that I interact with.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, all right, and Jennifer, what about yourself?
Speaker 6: For me, it was not bringing old habits into the new business, So things like overworking and not prioritizing myself and my own self care. So really learning that I need to prioritize self care and creating boundaries and reminding myself that when I do rest and recharge and nourish myself that I actually come back being more productive and more creative in my business. And I had to learn that the hard way that NonStop leads to burnout. But now I schedu more time for meditation and creative reflection and outdoor walks, and these practices help me stay connected to my intuition and bringing fresh energy to everything that I do.
Speaker 4: Important.
Speaker 3: I'm going to ask a question about that to all of you, but particularly those in the self care industry, the personal development industry, the outpour I just that's just call it the outpoor industry, right or you're taking care of others. That piece is very important. Thank you for bringing that up, and Kathy yourself, I.
Speaker 7: Think for me one of the important aspects of my personal development, and I think pretty much anybody's personal development probably is just knowing yourself. As I said earlier, you're with you yourself. But often women don't take the time to really delve into what do they want, what are their passions, what are their values, what do they consider important? Because without knowing yourself and knowing those things you well, I know I tended to just I call it a super bawl in a closet. I don't know if people remember that, but that super ball that would bounce so high and go bing big, being all over the place, you know, and rather than being more focused figuring out boundaries what I want to do, what I don't want to do. I mean, we all have to do the haf tos. I get that, but at the same time, we don't sometimes get ourselves to the point of doing the want tos. And I think that's very important. But you don't You don't get there if you don't know yourself. So a lot of what I start out with in my book is self reflection, just figuring that out and taking the time because so often for women we were considered selfish or you know, we're lazy if we do that, and those kinds of things, those kinds of messages we've gotten, but it's so important for any kind of personal development.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I'm you know we're hearing it. It's you know, there's something consistent going on here that we're hearing.
Speaker 4: All right, Carol, yourself.
Speaker 8: Resist the instinct to throat, to strive. I think that's most important to me that because I was in corporate for so many years that in strive mode encourage women. You don't have to strive connect make sure you have a community. The outreach certainly in your emails, and how I've outreached is in contributing to books, all of them. All of my pieces have to do with personal development or personal overcoming and that kind of thing. And that you're not alone and ensure that you're not alone. That's so important. And know that you're not alone.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, so good, so good. We're not even alone on this beautiful podcast. Look at these bosses just pouring into you out there.
Speaker 7: And Bianca.
Speaker 4: For yourself, what are the you know, what's what's your answer to that question?
Speaker 9: I think what's been helpful and successful for us here at Nora for what worth is the passion. I feel like if you don't have the passion for what you're doing, it's going to be very hard to be successful. And because of how passionate I am, I give it my all every single day. So we always try to listen to the community, like if they need support groups, do they need do we need more therapists who work more with grief, you know, do we need a divorce support group? We always listen with the community needs. I think something else that is really important is networking. So for me, I am a part of a lot of great communities in my area and connect with a lot of different women to see how we can serve the community.
Speaker 3: Well, that's beautiful, right, listening to what people need and then being able to fulfill that. And I think even stopping and reflecting with some of your clients and saying, hey, how did you hear about me?
Speaker 4: Hey? What was it that brought you to me? Hey? Those those questions right? All right, So we're going to shift the energy a little bit. We were talking about.
Speaker 3: Self care, and you know what, you all need self care too. Everybody has dreams that starts a business. They are very different. They're different through your building of your business, no matter where you're at.
Speaker 4: And so I'm going to ask you.
Speaker 3: Ladies, look at something completely off the topic of your business, your personal dreams, your personal goals. What is one of your what is something on your bucket list? I think it's super powerful to say it. If you've been to any of our Live Ask parties, it's incredible to hear people ask for what they want.
Speaker 4: So, Tiffany wants something on your bucket list? That is for you?
Speaker 5: Something on my bucklist is I want to own a farm. That rescues different types of animals, all different types of animals, cows, pigs, horses, dogs, chickens, all them, and have a wildflower field that I can just run through with them all. That's one bucket list thing that I'm shooting for right now. Oh my goodness, remind me call me after I have got a connection.
Speaker 3: I've read someone that you were just gonna love to talk to, Jennifer, What about you bucket list?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's hard for me to separate the business and me because they're so intertwined. And I love to travel, and so I would love to bring a group of women on retreats to Africa. I loved in Keepe Town for a few years and a traveled affair a bit in Africa, So it's on my bucket list to bring some women there. There's such a deep connection to the land and powerfult healing energy that inspires me there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's well, that's great.
Speaker 3: Let us all know, let us let us know what we need to bring, what to do, all right, Kathy.
Speaker 7: Well, I actually pursued one of my bucket list items about six months ago. I was Bianca. I was living in Fort Worth, Texas for many many years and really wanted to get back to the East Coast where I grew up and be on the water. And so I did that. I mean, I just uprooted everything and move move back to the East Coast and I now am in Connecticut, right on the water and and loving it. So I did that bucket list, and I guess the rest of my bucket list is kind of like Jennifer. I love to travel. I've been over a hundred countries and I still have a bunch I have to check off. And I definitely want to go see. I want to go to Antarctica, so that's one of my bigbies.
Speaker 3: All right, Antarctica, Oh my goodness, that's amazing, Carol.
Speaker 8: I want to go to Japan. I have a I have a nephew there, so and I be I'd like to go see the beauty, the beautiful, the trees and oh this is so beautiful there.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, absolutely, I'm sure cherry, the cherry blossom, that whole thing that happens in Japan.
Speaker 8: It's just absolutely.
Speaker 4: I'm with you on that.
Speaker 3: My son got to go before I did, and I've never had that. You're like, oh, my kids live in that little thing on my Chroasure map. I'm like, I should have put my name on there. Now they're living it.
Speaker 4: But I'm with you on that. Oh my goodness. And Bianca one of your one of your bucket lists, well.
Speaker 7: Beb, you just loved my bucket list.
Speaker 9: You were just in Ireland. I it's always been my bucket list to go to Ireland and then Scotland.
Speaker 7: So I would love to do that one day.
Speaker 9: Maybe I can come with you next time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there's it's it's in the works. I'm not saying anymore. But we just landed today. Thank you, Thank you for sharing that piece of personal and anyone out there here's anything, they're going to reach out.
Speaker 4: So we are going to wrap this up. Ladies. It has been absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: But as we wrap it up again, say your name and in a very short period of time, because I know this is going to be a big question, but if you can encapsulate it, because we're all about mission accepted people staying on the mission.
Speaker 4: What does it take.
Speaker 3: It's bravery, it's risk, it's love, it's commitment, it's all the things right and so tip Nails start with you. If you can just now everything's in the show notes. If anyone knows anything about us, we will let people know about you. But if you can, just please give a somewhere that someone can reach you, you know, your email or your website or whatever you want to say on air. And then what is one thing that was your risky that you took a risk for your business, one thing that felt risky.
Speaker 5: My name is Tiffany White. You can find me at Beautiful Simplicity Therapy on Instagram or Beautiful Simplicity Therapy dot com.
Speaker 7: One risk that.
Speaker 5: I did was when I was thirty six, I quit my job and went back to school because I want to be an advocate for people who have ADHD to try and make the change in how the language is spoken for them and create a place that's safe for them in the workplace, in society and so people understand what they go through more. And so that was one of my biggest risk, was quitting my job that I had stability at and going for this.
Speaker 4: So yeah, awesome, thank you. So if that rings to you, please reach out to Tiffany and Jennifer.
Speaker 6: I'm Jennifer Communema. I own moodgen community and you can find me on Instagram at Moodgen community m u j e n and ww dot mugencommunity dot com. And the biggest risk was starting the business. Similar to Tiffany, just taking that risk to leave a job that was unfulfilling and affecting my health was the biggest step of self love I've ever done for myself and just taking that leap of faith to start my own business. So you can too, And if you're wondering, reach.
Speaker 3: Out, okay, and transformation and love and all of the things that you heard Jennifer talk about early earlier.
Speaker 4: So if that leans into you, please Lena to Jennifer and Kathy.
Speaker 7: I think for me, the biggest risk was actually kind of it was partly leadership. But about twenty years ago, my daughter had a major stroke at eighteen years old, and you know, I had to assist her and support her in her rehabilitation. Her dad had left and I was trying to rediscover myself and I was given the opportunity to go to the Maldives to work for two months because I had I worked in politics for fifteen years to create a voter education program for their first presidential election, and my part of what I was bringing to the table, which they appreciated was empowerment of women because in their culture, women had not taken a lot of leadership positions. So I mean that was just out of the blue. I was offered this opportunity and I went why not? And it just it really launched my international career also because I do work now with the UN and several NGOs that work with women around the world in leadership development and so, but that was that first step, and it was like, sure, why not.
Speaker 4: That's a big one. That's a big one.
Speaker 3: Okay, if you are leaning into leadership, you know, to reach out to Kathy. Thank you so much, Kathy and Carol.
Speaker 8: I would say two things. One is similar to I believe till Tiffany's that I quit my job. I was living in Wisconsin and moved to California and went back to school at thirty three, got my bachelor's and was able to go into a completely different field, allowing me to become an author later in life and also starting a business.
Speaker 3: Those two things, Yeah, that's that's big, right, that's big.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 3: And Bianca for yourself where you will find you and a risk that you took.
Speaker 9: So I'm Bianca LaRue. I'm the owner of norm Mental Health and fort Worth and you can find me at just the website Nora Mental Health forul Worth and you will see like email, phone number and older therapist we do have. As far as the risk ist thing I've done, I would say definitely, you know, backing everything and coming to America at eighteen with nobody by myself. And I would say, with that being said, who would have thought all the struggles I faced all the years led me to opening a company.
Speaker 10: So go, oh my goodness, what an incredible show, such diversity, but same message.
Speaker 3: You know, we're just to hear to help people use our personal experiences for.
Speaker 4: The betterment of the world. Really, truly, what a pleasure to be with you today. I'm going to wrap it up a little bit about.
Speaker 3: Saying that if you are out there and you have a message that you want to share, if you have a question for any of these ladies, please reach out. But if you want to be sitting on the show like they are, then please feel free to reach out to us. You know this is not difficult. Devdrumen dot com. You'll see even some of these ladies listed on the directory there in two sixty two. If you are not one that likes to speak and be on stage. Then we are launching next year's quote. If you'd like to put a few words in print, then we'd love to get your quote from you and be able to put into next year's planner for you.
Speaker 4: So that and if you like to do both, that's fine. We just want to let you know that it is alive and up audience, because I.
Speaker 3: Know that you follow us and it is so much fun to be able to have a planner you can play with and do quotes with and all the things so you might be a quote person. Please go and look at all the quotes of the people that have been there, Thank you that have been in there, and let them inspire and motivate you.
Speaker 4: We put them on the Mondays for a reason.
Speaker 3: Sometimes Mondays are a good day for people, particularly if you're not living here your path and you're like Monday seems like a really big day because you've got a whole week ahead of you.
Speaker 4: So we put the motivational quotes there so that you can keep them with you wealth. So that being said, again, thank you so much ladies. As always audience audience can be appreciate you. Thank you for sharing. Share Share share for your share, and.
Speaker 7: You well, we'll see you again.
Speaker 4: Take care, good bye for now.