Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, the pub Quiz Parker show that hits you, Pierre right in the Quizzer. I'm Andy Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than scientists had theories about what dinosaur bones were before they knew what dinosaurs were. Giants, mostly giants.
Speaker 2: Quick reminder, we've got our Zoom Trivia this Saturday, that is January tenth, noon Mountain time. We're going to be doing twenty twenty five themed trivia, so brush up on everything that happened in twenty twenty five, all three hundred and sixty five days. That's right, And if you'd like the link for that, just let us know. Drop us a line Facebook or Instagram or Patreon message if you're a patron or on coffee, why you're buying us a little caffee, just like Benny Turns day, Thank you, Benny Turns.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Benny Turns.
Speaker 2: And Veronica from Wisconsin. I'll thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Veronica. Speaking of coffee, I should have pulled up the names before we started recording. But once upon a time we got a coffee because I was told to read the sequel to a Cord of Thorns and Roses, and I said I would because buy a coffee, I'll read a book, and I read the sequel, and you are correct. The sequel is better than the first one. So thank you for the recommendation.
Speaker 2: Well done.
Speaker 1: And now I recommend to you that you read The Tainted Cup by Robert Jackson Bennett. It is a fantasy murder mystery, very delightful. Read it.
Speaker 2: Nice. If you want any kind of recommendation on books, ask Anny, how many did you read last year?
Speaker 1: Now I don't know. I know I hit one hundred. I'm guessing it's between one hundred and one hundred and twenty, but I didn't count. We'll say one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: Five hundred books read last year alone. And if you don't know how the show works, I recommend you listen to this next thirty seconds, because here is how the show works. Wiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show called me with the big Bang. A final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, the category is film. The oscars are presented by which professional honorary organization headquartered in Beverly Hills, California. Question two, the category is fashion. The French company Van Cleef and r Pels. That's v A N C L E E F and R Pels A R p E l S is a business mainly specializing in what. Question three? The category is geography. A key quay is a structure primarily built on or along what kind of geographical feature? Question for the category is history. This question comes from Major Data. Thank you Major Data. The first successful tornado warning in history occurred in nineteen forty eight at Tinker Airfield, air Force Base near what city? And now the answer is to a round one. Question one, the oscars are presented by which professional honorary organization The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Question two. The French company Van Cleef and Rpels is a business mainly specializing in what jewelry? Luxury jewelry, none of that costume jewelry. Question three. A key is a structure primarily built on or along what kind of geographical feature waterway? Any kind is acceptable, So if you said river, canal, channel, et cetera, also known as a wharf, not a klingon, but a wharf in the U United States. Question for the first successful tornado warning in history occurred in nineteen forty eight near what city, Oklahoma City. That's a good spot for.
Speaker 2: It, because that's where the wind comes, sweeping down the plane.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Round two. Question five. The category is literature. Till we have Faces, The Great Divorce and the Screwtape Letters are lesser known novels by which author? Question six? Category Games and hobbies. In video and tabletop games, what does NPC stand for? Question seven? Category technology? This one comes from listener Brandon. Thank you Brandon, Thank you Brandon. In a computer or video gaming system, what does the acronym GPU stand for? Question eight? Category sports? Bielman's spin, lutz, and crossover are all terms used in which sport? And now they answers to round two question five. Till we have Faces, The Great Divorce and the Screwtape Letters are lesser known novels by which author? C. S. Lewis. Question six. In video and tabletop games. What does NPC stand for non player characters? Question seven? In a computer or video game system, what does the acronym GPU stand for graphics processing unit? Question eight? Billman, spin, lutz, and crossover are all terms used in which sport figure skating.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's been a minute since I've watched some figure skating. I used to love it. I mean, I still like it. I just feel like I haven't really followed the Olympics as much as I used to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a bigger deal when America kind of had figure skating superstars. I don't know that we've had that level in a while. It's been a lot gymnasts for the US and swimmers for Olympic superstars lately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I feel like, yeah, I've been watching summer more than winter.
Speaker 2: Ani Brian Boyitano comes along once in a generation.
Speaker 1: That's true. Love him. That's it for the first half, which means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. Category for this week's Bang Bang Round is television. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question name the seven top rated sci fi television series of all time according to Rotten Tomatoes. Your time starts now.
Speaker 2: And that's time. The seven top rated sci fi television series of all time, according to Rotten Tomatoes are and I'll go from seven to one. HBO's West World, Lost, Star Trek, Star Trek, the Next Generation, The X Files, Doctor Who, and Battlestar Galactica the updated one.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I personally don't know if i'd agree with that list, but the order anyway, and some of the ones on there, I don't know if i'd put Westworld on there.
Speaker 1: Well. Westworld was really good, but it had what two seasons?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Two or three?
Speaker 1: But it I mean the first definitely was the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know if it's the seventh best ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twilight Zones not even on there, and I would rate that one or two, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see what sort of staying power Westworld has. Yeah, Round three. Question nine, The category is mythology in Greek myth, which monster was beheaded by the hero Perseus? Question ten the category is science. This question comes from listener Babe, Thank you, Bobby. H Two two is the chemical structure for what common product? Question eleven The category is currency before decimalization in the UK. How many pence made a shilling? Question twelve, the category is history. The German state that existed from seventeen oh one to nineteen eighteen was known as the Kingdom of What and Now? The answer is around three. Question nine, which monster was beheaded by the hero Perseus Medusa? Question ten H two two is a chemical structure for what common product? Hydrogen peroxide? Question eleven? How many pence made a shilling back in the day? Twelve? Yeah, I will say that sometimes when I read only time books or even modern when they're like, oh, and he didn't he got a sixpence, I'm like, I don't know if that's a lot for yeah, Like I always just have to base it on the reaction of the character. I'm like, oh, that seems like a decent amount. We read. Jane Austin's like, oh, and he our dowry is or what I get? I don't know, it's like our dowries two crowns in a guinea wowie. So I'm always just like I don't I don't know what it means, but like, within context, you don't really need to figure it out. Question twelve. The German state that existed from seventeen oh one to nineteen eighteen was known as the Kingdom of what Prussia.
Speaker 2: Round four, Question thirteen category is tasty licks. This one comes from listener Helen.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Helen, Thank you, Helen.
Speaker 2: This is a before and after involving a band or musician and a food item. For example, if I said this chocolate confection will have you living on a prayer, the answer who would be the bonbon Jovi? Here we go. Chad Kroger and his Canadian chums enjoy this slightly sweet dark rye bread from Germany. Question fourteen category technology in military tech, falconets, culverins, and carronades were all types of what question fifteen category art Stone or wooden slabs generally taller than wide that were erected in the ancient world as a monument were known by what term? Question sixteen category television on the office? What are the awards called that Michael hands out to his employees? And that's the American version if it wasn't clear, and now the answers to round four question thirteen. Chad Kroger and his Canadian chums enjoy this slightly sweet dark rye bread from Germany. That is pumper nickelback. Question fourteen in military tech, falconets, culverins and carronades were all types of what cannon? Question fifteen, stone or wooden slabs really taller than wide that were erected in the ancient world as a monument we're known by what term.
Speaker 1: Stela wouldn't want to be? Yah?
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 1: Any I mean it's funny that I said to that, because when we watched the UK Celebrity Traders and Jonathan Ross was like, see, I wouldn't want to be I was like, well, that's cringey, you know, here I am turning into Jonathan Ross.
Speaker 2: Wait till a bunch of our words come up. Question sixteen on the office, what are the awards called that Michael hands out to his employees the dundees.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. Category for this week's Big Bang Round is Animals. We will give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, which La streak Gang is widely known for its rivalry with the crypts.
Speaker 2: Question two, what is the term for an elongated appendage from the head of an animal?
Speaker 1: Question three, the name of which disease originates from Medieval Italian for bad air?
Speaker 2: And your Big Bang question giveing the categories animals, What was found in Iceland for the first time in twenty twenty five after record heat?
Speaker 1: And the answers to the Big Bang round? Question one? Which la streaking is widely known for its rivalry with the crips bloods?
Speaker 2: Question two? What is the term for an elongated appendage from the head of an animal a probuscus?
Speaker 1: Question three? The name of which disease originates from Medieval Italian for bad air? We're bad as mall mall air? Malaria?
Speaker 2: And finally, what was found in Iceland for the first time in twenty twenty five after record heat? The bloodsuckers that use their probuscuses to spread malaria? Mosquitoes. I'm sorry to hear that for Iceland. That's such a terrible consolation prize for the planet heating up, that all these pests are gonna thrive. Maybe a silver lining, we'll get back to having enough heat and oxygen for dinosaurs to come back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, not a fit, you know what? But who is I've never met somebody who was like mosquitoes? Love them my favorite animal.
Speaker 2: IM sure they're out there, they.
Speaker 1: Just can't compete with otters or cappabaras well.
Speaker 2: You guys can compete on Saturday.
Speaker 1: We'd like you better than mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: Will release mosquitoes in each of your houses and you can take down quite a few of them. But if you want the zoom link, let us know. If you'd like to support what we do, consider becoming a patron at patreon dot com slash quiz bang or buy us a coffee like any Turns and Veronica did at ko dash fi dot com slash quiz Bang Pod. We appreciate you guys listening. I hope your year is starting out well. And for this episode of Quiz Quiz Bang Bang, I've been David
Speaker 1: Flora, I've been Annie Flora here at you quiz