Speaker 1: A leader in Germany, is one of the five who sat there during Trump's first term when he said, Hey, you know what y'all shouldn't do. You shouldn't just have Russia, you know, meeting your energy needs, because if something goes sideways and you're closing all these coal plants and then it's just Russia, you guys are gonna look dumb and things are gonna get expensive and it's gonna suck. And one of the people laughing at that table is essentially the Adam Schiff of Germany. Okay, that's the dude. Days out of the German election, this is getting absolutely Oh what what jd Vance is doing? And I and and here's the thing I don't welcome in some isolationist way. I just it's it's just been so long, so uh. Jd Vance and as well as Pete Haig Seth obviously is Defense Secretary, you know, really on the European tour, and of course Vance gave the speech to their face was just like, hey, probably shouldn't throw people in jail for memes. That's kind of dumb. We don't like that. And everyone's like, ah, he went in there and he what did I see like him too, showing up at his best friend's birthday party and making a scene. No, that was literally a discussion about defense and security stuff. So one that was there too, you guys, including the wait, what is she from Finland or something? The the time, the really thin chick who's like, oh, we're gonna We're gonna shut down the X. Right, you and your cohorts have your defense essentially subsidized by the United States. And it's more so than that. It also is the pillar of industry and commerce in several European cities, not just in Germany. In Spain we have a huge, huge bait was it Roda Roda whatever? It is huge basis over in Europe. And so you sit there and and and you watched an interview in Jade. Vance is like, hey man, you know, one of the things we're giving a lot of thought to is is the is the whole part where you guys are willing to throw people in jail for memes and and you know our values here is the United States of America. Well, why why would you do that? And he says this days ahead of the German election.
Speaker 2: I might point out Germany's entire defense is subsidized by the American taxpayer. There are thousands upon thousands of American troops in Germany today. Do you think that the American taxpayer is going to stand for that? If you get thrown in jail in Germany for posting a mean tweet.
Speaker 3: Of course they're not right.
Speaker 2: So the point that I try to make to our European friends, and I think that there are friends I believe that I know President Trump does, is that friendship is based on shared values. You do not have shared values. If you're jailing people for saying we should close down our border, you don't have shared values. If you cancel elections because you don't like the result, and that happened in Romania, you don't have You do not have shared values if you're so afraid of your own people that you silence them and shut them up.
Speaker 1: So let's have shared values.
Speaker 2: Let's defend the democracy, let's have free expression, not just in the United States but all over the Western world. That is the path to strong alliances in Europe.
Speaker 1: That is, by the way, the level of hand grenade. He just rolled into the room with that, And I know people are like, oh, why would you, why are you upset? In the Apple card because for too long everything's been allowed to progress to where it is. Right. The idea that the US you want to be friends with the US, and we, in a limited way want to be friends with you turned into we essentially, you know, we fund two thirds of NATO, which is essentially the Europeans Defense system. So they're able to you know, take their funding, their money within their particular economies and then spend it on other stuff. And don't get me wrong, there are strategic alliances the US has to have and with the threat of China and Russia where it is, you know, there needs to be forward deployed areas in the world. I understand that, and we have long standing partnerships, a lot of which were born out of World War Two, which are strategically advantageous. Germany houses what it's not just one base, it's like seven or something, and it's huge for a couple of the big German cities. It's it probably would destabilize the economy of the regions if the US just left. And so they're sitting out there and jd. Vance says that, and this is the part that's hard to watch. Now you're seeing these German politics, Like within a day, they're like, oh no, don't you won't you miss our strudle. You're gonna miss our strudle. You know what to go anywhere? Dude, that that put the fear of God into him, because now you've got to pay for your own stuff and you gotta eat all that strudle too. Uh and uh. The financial impact of that is wild man. And then of course that opens up the next layer of people criticizing like, oh, well, you're just you know, you're now you're just gonna use the European nations like puppets. Well they don't have to be, and you're not using them like puppets. You're just saying, hey, I'm the you know, I'm the the alpha in the room. Show me a little respect. And we've just we've just gone that little bit too far, and we we have been hesitant, always hesitant to go hey, no, no, no, no, we got to eat too. And so it feels really uncomfortable that you're doing it now. But she didn't do it forever. It's the the in the same way that and I don't know if this is their master plan. If it is one, it's going to be an ugly ride. And I don't know that you get there. But it used to be the US didn't have federal income text, but we still had stuff, not as much stuff, but we had stuff. So how did we have stuff? We had stuff because anyone who wanted to do business in the United States, with the world's richest economy and chose to tarif US, we tiff them. That's it. There's a cost of doing business. It's a it's a cover charge at the hot barrow. Okay, you got a great band inside. That's what we used to do. And then we didn't, and then we we migrated to this other thing. Well, coming out of Europe and coming out of World War two. And that's not to say that we're not going to have bases in places where people clearly don't align with our values. Turkey clearly doesn't align with our values. However, there is a lot of strategic importance there. Okay, So that's simple. And when you're and when you're dealing in this world with countries like Russia and China, let me just stick with China for a moment, you realize that China thinks all of that is China, right. This is what people fail to understand China, and within the Communist Party, which is China, thinks that's all China. When I say that's all China, I mean Koreas, Philippines, they think that's all them. Probably Vietnam that's them. They think that's all China. And that's the way that it should be. All those stupid little islands that they essentially dumped on very fragile, ecologically fragile coral reefs. So go, oh, look, we got islands that's ours two and then two hundred and ten miles around it, which is just an insane, weird number they thought up. And if Europe wants to go at that alone and not to mention Ross, Hey, do you know what happens when Europe's just left to their own devices historically? Have you ever seen any of this? You ever looked at any of this little research? But you're what the European countries like to do.
Speaker 3: They like to kill each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they got beef, bro, they got beef, and a lot of it's resource based. Look, I understand times are different and things are new, but yeah, the very basic ask that if we're going to essential structure and stabilize part of your economy that you don't sit there at the UN delegation. We're all sitting around talking about us like it's you know, the mean girls club at lunch.
Speaker 3: Right, and you can we can if listen if we're there. They're like, oh, we don't want you here, you know, you mind your own business. So we're like, we're gonna leave, and they're like, oh, well, now you don't care about Europe. We can't win, and they're they're spoiled and they're entitled. They really are. They Oh, we have our healthcare system. Yeah, because we're paying for all of your defense. Correct, you're the world's upcut. Sorry, that's what it is. So you can choose to be a partner in it. And Germany obviously has a lot of innovators. They have business aptitude, They know how to make money.
Speaker 1: They know how to build things, they know how to uh mobilize. Okay, right, So is is that a strategic partnership or is it? Oh that soldier, Yeah, he made a mean tweet and it happens to be married to a German citizen because he's been stationed there for three years or whatever, and we're gonna make his life. Hell, what do you want to do. And so now you're seeing these these German politicians, especially ahead of election, because this is stuff that resonates with people. If you live near one any one of those US military installations, you know somebody who works there. I promise you, I promise you, that entire region around Ramstein and whatnot, that whole like that would devastate. How many of you listening military have been stationed there? What would that look like with no Americans there other than you know, either random tourists or whatever. So it's gonna be really interesting. Then they're like, oh, the US is meddling in there. You guys literally wrote in your stupid Der Spiegel or whatever. The thing is, right, we talked about it on the air, where you essentially took a united stance within the German media that Donald Trump is essentially Hitler, which is which is really rich considering where it's coming from. And all he's saying. He's not saying he wants to do anything too, He's just like, well, look, if you don't, if you don't like us, we'll go eat at another table. It's your choice, and I'm here for it. I'm gonna be watching that all day, all right, coming up on the show, Representative Crockett, the gift that keeps on giving. We'll do that. There's a new FBI chief. Holy cow, there's not enough popcorn Germany. Do you guys make pop You don't make popcorn? That's too bad because where I need a lot of popcorn, A lot, a lot of it. And I'll explain slowly as the morning unfolds. Plus we'll chat with Pete Callender. That's at eight oh five stick around case O Day Radio program phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. So what do we do? Do we jailed the US hockey team? Or are we good they win?
Speaker 3: Last night?
Speaker 1: I don't want to go all Ouda and Kusa and all that crazy You remember all that crazy crap that came out what Saddam's kids were up to and managing a RAX Olympic team like you didn't want to lose. Unfortunately though in the the Gang of four or whatever, I don't evenmember what is technically the name of this tournament? Four nations? Okay, all right, so US Canada last night who we beat? Remember three to one the other night? This was the final though bracketed through and uh it took over time. Canada got it done three to two. So good, good game there. I'll tell you. The redeeming thing is, uh Trudeau tried to make this like his win, and even Canadians who seem to be very like nationalized and upset with the US are also like, uh, now you suck too, This isn't for you. Shut up. So that's fun to watch. Yeah, the Four Nations face off tournament, which they did. This is instead of the All Star this is NHL's All Star, which, by the way, I'm sure the ratings just killed and definitely surpassed what the NBA put up the other day. But yeah, you know what it was. It was good. It was a good hockey match if you watched it, and that's good, and that's fine that they went ahead and won. It's fun. I mean, we have the Stanley Cups. That's what counts. But okay, all right, everyone had a good time. And you know what, it had been a while, like really, Ross and I we got kind of screwed on this whole, like we don't remember how good it probably felt with the miracle on ice right where you really had that rival. We got whiffs of it in the Olympics. Do you remember when they tried to like jazz up figure skating and we go against Russia on the Winter Olympics. Even then, we weren't sitting there figuring out where our Cold War bunkers were for when the nukes came. Like that was you had real skin in the game, and we just haven't had anything like that in forever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what did we have? We egypped? We got like Nancy Kerrigan versus like a sona by Yule or something.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I'm not knocking on their talent, but I'm like, you know, back in the day, we'd go against Russia because the other thing was we're racing them to the moon.
Speaker 3: Right, it wasn't say it wasn't like the evil Empire?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How good did that have to feel? Lake Placid? Right, that's where that happened.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Oh oh So having a little bit of that put it onto a sporting event. Oh, I'm here for it, and that's great. Congratulations they they went, they and you know what they should do well in hockey? That cat patl trending. I'm sure that's positive. What's this other thing, Luigi list Ross? What do we think a Luigi list is because that's another thing trending is that people like to play Mario Brothers.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, that's a Nintendo switch thing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't have a switch, so I wouldn't have known. Okay, so why are the fifty one senators and Kosh Patel this fifty one centators have voted for Mikosh Patel on it.
Speaker 3: It's like a Mario Kart tournament.
Speaker 1: Oh, they're all going to do a tournament. Because some would look at that, I don't let me get my little tinfoil ad here. Some would look at that and be like, I think that's you saying that they should be killed, maybe shot in the back of midtown Manhattan at o dark thirty in the morning. So I'm glad that's going well for you. For you, Oh, some of these, some of these posts, where's the restaurantant? Some hold on? One of these is my favorite absolute face.
Speaker 3: They're all in.
Speaker 1: Basically, they're like, ah, if you go to a restaurant, they're gonna be, you know, like there's gonna be suddenly spy devices everywhere. They're gonna be listening to you. But what do you not understand? Why you have jd Vance, who's literally sitting there. We played the audio, and it's talking about the idea that maybe if somebody says something online, you don't throw them in jail. That's kind of seemingly a plank of this administration. I don't know if you know this. So then to imagine that it's all to do that is on a little project e ee, just to me. So I'm gonna I'm gonna think the worst about that whole Luichi list thing. I can't find the restaurant one. You get the gist. Ah, here we go, wait a month until you suddenly find yourself looking around in a restaurant to make sure no one overhears what you're saying, or when you're conversations with neighbors dwindle, dwindled to pleasantries about the weather. It's only just begun again. What you're talking about is an atmosphere that existed and most recently existed in Eastern European former Russian nation, Communist nations. Okay, right, it's still happening in the Belarus today where they would essentially they would they would deputize your neighbor to tattle on you, and your neighbor would do it, not necessarily because they wanted you to go to the Gulag, but they realized that they didn't give up some names and some information, they wouldn't look loyal to the party, and so they literally make stuff up about people. That's why. That's how you got neighbors, nobody trusting anybody, and it's it's not a sustainable system. And that's what you wanted right when you're cheering on the whole. Hey, we need you know what we need. We need a group of theater kids to decide what can and can't be said on the internet. We need to do. So what that guy's pug did a Nazi salute. Let's throw them in jail. Hey, that's that's all the things that you championed. And what you think Patel's gonna go in and do the thing that you secretly wanted to do.
Speaker 3: Right away?
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. I guess I shouldn't use my real name on social media? Is that what this has come to? Your name is hot COADMD dot bluesky. I'm not finding your address with that. What are you talking about? And nobody else cares? You have thirty five people that follow you, Nobody cares. So you know, that's the real irony here. You're gonna run around and you're posting things like Luigi list and you know, they're essentially saying that fifty one senators and an FBI director now have to be murdered, and probably nothing will happen because they realize what affeckless loser you are. Ain't no guy with thirty five followers gonna do something until you go to hitman dot com like all the rest of those idiots, and then you're one of my stories. Yeah, you're you're gonna be just fine. Ah, what a day?
Speaker 3: What a day?
Speaker 1: What a day. I'll tell you something. The worst of the days with kash Patel in there, and that's Adam schiff Man. Remember Adam schiff and I just does not get enough press coverage. Adam schiff was removed from his committee assignments and formally censured by the House of Representatives at the time he's now a senator because they basically said, you lie, nobody trusts you, we can't have you with the ability to literally access classified information. This isn't happening anymore. And he absolutely melted it down when they did that. Well, there's a lot more there and Kash Battel has made no bones about the fact that Adam Schiff there there, you know there possibly could be some other stuff. So this is literally his worst nightmare.
Speaker 5: This is someone we cannot trust. This is someone who lacks the character to do this job, someone who lacks the integrity to do this job. We know that our Republican colleagues know that the only qualification cash Battel has to be FBI director is that when everyone else in the first Trump administration said no, I won't do that that crosses moral, ethical, and legal lines, cash Battel said, sign me up. In the first Trump administration, as we are seeing in the second, you rise to the level of your sickophancye. And no one is a bigger or a dangerous sick ephent than cash Battel. This political hack does not deserve to be in this building. He can't do the job. He won't protect the public. He will misuse the resources of the bureau. He will weaponize it against the President's political opponents, rather than the protecting the safety the public safety of the American people.
Speaker 1: Dude, you got thrown off all your committees. Nobody trusts you. They didn't even make a big stink on the Democrat side. Ada hemmdon had And there's the audio where they're like during the A and A thing and we were screaming like idiots. They didn't really mount anything. You know why, because it was indefensible the stuff you were doing. You told everybody point blank that there was evidence, you had seen it, and it would come out that Trump colluded with Russia, which was a big charge. You said that evidence existed, and then you didn't even have the You didn't even pretend like some of the other evidence was just your misinterpretation. It just never existed clearly. And all the shenanigans around how that whole committee ran. Yeah, I watching this guy be nervous makes my absolute day because he's not even making typical Adam Schiff arguments. He's throwing everything he's got. This was prior to the vote, and it did no good.
Speaker 6: Adam Schiff is the worst criminal in Congress in the LAS two.
Speaker 1: Hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 7: And Walbrits broke.
Speaker 6: That we're going to talk about right now is Adam Schiff met with a whistle blower. Adam Schiff went to the podium day after day after day saying I know nothing about this. We're not going to discuss it. We're going to protect it. And then he Adam Schiff led the prosecution of the impeachment trial in the Senate of President Donald Trump, talk about someone who was conflicted out of the game because he was part of the hoax that brought Tromela in, manufactured that false accusation, and then pedaled it out to the world. And he continued, you know, not surprising. He's lied about almost everything in his life, but now he lied just to set up a presidential peachment. And that's what I was talking about, these disinformation campaigns.
Speaker 7: And then he.
Speaker 6: Should be investigated because he lied to the world about his interactions with Charmela, who is a whistleblower. And I can't stress it enough. That started a presidential impeachment.
Speaker 1: And and and ended up what was the final costs and the Mueller thing. The Mueller thing was that fifty some million dollars And that's what not to mention the instability, the lies, the amount of money that people surrounding Trump ended up having to spend to defend themselves. Yeah, you should be nervous. And your buddy with his all white little beach club mister Whitehouse or whatever up there with his all white club that he was, you know, like to go to because you know it's just whites. Ugh, no pores, no colored people, no, none of that. Just yeah, whites, white House. It's in your name, bro, it's in your name. This guy, you're the moral compass. You're out there standing next to shift. Nobody's listening to you.
Speaker 3: Krashptel Mark, my words will cause evil in this building behind us, and Republicans who vote for him will rue that day.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're ross. Did you see any ruin on the Republican front yesterday after this? I didn't see any ruing. Maybe the ruin starts later. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think it was delayed because of the snow.
Speaker 1: Oh they put the ruin of it because the that's you know, that would make sense. There's a lot of stuff that was put off. But I'm assuming Lincoln's not in school today, so why should he also be ruining. That's that's a fair point. So, oh, what a good day. I know we didn't win the hockey thing, but I'll take this as the consolation prize. Six forty five. Hang on, that is not why he quote swapped out the resolute desk because he thought there was a booger on it. And I know, you know, this is New York Post. They know that the thing is being refurbished. It literally was discussed. They go through, right. You gotta, you know, make sure that the how old is that thing? Been around a bit so they'll go through and they'll refurbish it. You gotta put the secret map pieces back in the secret drawers.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: You get that thing loaded for bear. The desk which was first utilized in the White House actually by John F. Kennedy. I realized it was the first also utilized by Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden than Trump. Now they're they're just temporarily replaced. It's fine. I got another desk in there. He's got room to work the die coke buttons where it needs to be. This is not a big deal and it's not over a booger. Okay, let's see. I hope there's a little more history here. When was it actually because people think that the White House always had this thing, but actually one of the railroad companies had it from like the eighteen fifties or something. All right, no, no, no, here we go. Okay, all right, so I wanted to be clear here. All right, So the initial desk was built the eighteen fifties, and then what then became the updated version of the resolute desk was, oh President Hayes eighteen eighty when the HMS resolute part, Like that part is true, that's what the desk is made out of, presented by Queen Victoria at the time. So yeah, they're just there. They'll buff it up as long as they don't get that lady who they hired to restore that Jesus photo to do it, remember that painting disaster. I think it'll be okay, but I don't think that's accurate. All right, How are we feeling about the James Bond franchise? By the way, So, and I wonder what the dollar amount. It had to be huge, because you know, the family members of the author of the James Bond books have always always been there exerting creative control. Anything that you wanted to do with James Bond, you had to go through the family, Michael Wilson, Barbara Broccoli or whatever. And and for the first time ever, the family has signed over creative control to Jeff Bezos, and if you remember, Amazon went and paid an ungodly sum. I don't remember what it was. It was like in the it was like a billion dollars or something right to the family of Tolkien so that they could expand on that. And we saw how that worked out like that. That turned into a bit of a dud there. So I think a lot of people are nervous what they're going to do with it. I I look, do I think that they're gonna do with it? Doing with the Jesus Christ Superstar and they're gonna get the black queer female actress from the Ariana Grande weird videos? No, I wonder if he doesn't put himself in this. Have you seen have you seen Bezos man? Like he's just like, I don't know, Ross and Edward discussing this off the air. So you don't think he's on steroids. You just think that like this is this is his jam.
Speaker 3: It amazes me to me. And you see this a lot like there are people that don't go to the gym, and I have like they assume that anybody that makes gains at the gym, or that gets in shape or on steroids, the dude is not on steroids. He looks like somebody. He looks like somebody that Yeah, he looks like somebody that started focusing on his body and caring about his health because he can't because he's a billionaire now and.
Speaker 1: He's got a metabolicist and a nutritionist and right he's spending the money. It's just the line is steroids.
Speaker 3: Do you see the same thing online about RFK Junior where you have like people like, oh, he's on steroids because he can he can be press And it's like, no, it looks like somebody who's like focused on his health and you can't. But he has the time to do it now, so you have the time to invest and go to the gym, and now he looks healthy.
Speaker 1: Well he's got he's got a yacht with a Chase yacht the size of a yacht.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it has a gym on it as well.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's got several gyms probably. Yeah, yeah, no, no question there. But also I wonder if that like, what is that fascination with some of these billionaires, you know, like Zuckerberg, He's like I'm surfing and fighting mma now right, and and so and that's fine if he wants to go ahead and do that. I wonder that if the next James Bond is a bald dude from Seattle. Maybe I don't know, but yeah, So they're they're gonna go forward with Amazon MGM Studios, just Prime Videos, main main deal there, and they have creative control, which is a very different situation. So I don't know what all they're gonna do with it. Let's see here. I was hoping to find numbers on the actual deal, but I have not seen those. All told, the Bond franchise has earned more than seven billion since nineteen sixty two. Do you know Ross? Do you know what the first James Bond film was? Nineteen sixty two? Sean Connery obviously doctor No. So yeah, and this goes back to books, obviously it is nineteen fifty three.
Speaker 3: Yes, It is funny how yesterday there was like a feeling online where everybody was like, James Bond is dead.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's dead. I think they're just looking at what Amazon did with the Tolkien stuff.
Speaker 3: So fine, like people can see what's coming and they're like, oh man, it sucks, or.
Speaker 1: Maybe they learned their lesson from that. Maybe they went, you know, with every you know, with everything kind of backing off in Disney, backing off a little. Maybe maybe Bezios looks at it and goes, look, I just I just flushed all that money, that Tolkien money down the toilet. Maybe we should not turn this thing into a you know, a leftist passion project and just have James Bond run around killing people.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, if he does it correctly, right with the current climate, it's a it's a windfall. It should be a financial windfall if you do it correctly.
Speaker 1: I fail, Yes, one hundred percent. And here's the thing. We don't even have to get bogged. Because they were talking about like, well, what if Idris Elba plays James Bond they have a black Nobody cares like that's it was the part where you're like, James Bond is a woman now where because that's not James Bond, Because James Bond. I don't know if you know this bit of a woman iSER. All right, So look, I don't know. This is the first time I've seen it stated by I guess a secondary source if you want to call it that. I don't know if the Trump administration's trying to do this. But if they are, holy crap. All right. So I mentioned earlier in the show that one of the things that used to be a thing here in the United States is that most of the federal government's obligations. Now we clearly we don't spend the same at the federal level that we do now that we did you know, at any other point in our country. Right, there's a there's a much bigger, much bigger set of spending priorities, although it is being whittled down. And so the way that we would do that is the majority of it literally was paid for by other governments and other consumers and other companies in the form of tariffs. People wanted to do business, and they still do. They want to do business because there's just so much damn money here, okay, And so the price of doing business was some of your products are going to be tariffed. That's before you got into the matching side of it. Now, if you want to tear of us, we're gonna we would tear af you equally. Sometimes we would overteariff, but we didn't have a federal income tax. And then one day for uh and and I've seen a lot of the arguments as to how it transitioned to it, and there is some argument about how you could probably never go back to just tariffs because you know what, because if you're just tariffs and then the thing that happened with the COVID happens, what does that do for the US economy. It's it's a nightmare. That being said, that kind of feels like what they're trying to do. That's what's so crazy to me. That feels exactly what they are trying to do. And it's not just me saying it. Howard Lutnik the the Commerce Secretary, right, so he's on Jesse Waters primetime. So when they're not showing you know, Jamal videos s he Waters is getting down to it with the Commerce Secretary, and Lutnick says this.
Speaker 8: And our objective under Donald Trump is to balance this budget. And I'm telling you you watch it, We're gonna do it.
Speaker 9: If you get savings from these doze cuts, are you going to give any of this back to the American people.
Speaker 1: We keep hearing about these doze dividends.
Speaker 8: Well, think about it. Donald Trump announces the External Revenue Service, and his goal is very simple, to abolish His goal is to abolish the Internal Revenue Service and let all the outsiders pay.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what he's saying is the thing I just said. And that's the Commerce secretary. So his goal is to abolish the IRS, which would essentially abolish the federal income tax or maybe there would be some variation, and let the tariffs pay.
Speaker 3: I feel like the Randy Morrish computer meme.
Speaker 1: I can't describe that on the air. I can't describe that on the air. This is like sur he's having a really a good time in this computer.
Speaker 3: You feel like like libertarian Christmas. Yeah, we've said this for a long time, like, you know, abolish the Department of Education, audit the FED, get rid of that, get rid of the kind of you know what I'm saying, as it like it would never happen. And now you actually have these proposals, and it's like, what is happening here? It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Well and and and and I find myself and people should you should find yourself. And I see folks will air this on social media and everyone will get you can't screw this up right, For the reasons I just explained to you, if you transition the revenues that are derived that are utilized to fun federal programs, and and you want to take it back to what it used to be. You have to recognize the possibility that something like COVID could really check that up. So you gotta have a plan for that. And so maybe you don't do the whole thing, and you'd also have to shrink government a lot. That is correct, and that is the other That is the other aspect of this, because if you go if you roll into another COVID and you have all of the liabilities that you have, and a lot of these liabilities ain't going to go nowhere right Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. You can't just wipe it off the books. People lose their crap, and frankly, there's too many people invested. And even if you if you try to do things like it just the age for relevance, you got to phase it in over ten years. So these are all big conversations. So you can't just go out and blow it up for this purpose of blowing it up, as good as that may sound or feel.
Speaker 3: You can't, like people are saying that. You see people saying they're like, oh, well, you know, you need that revenue or these or these other agencies, these government departments would have to close. And then you have other people that are like, you're starting to get it, Yeah, you're starting to get it.
Speaker 1: So it's a combination of all of these things. But you have to figure out for the things that you deem essential for the federal government. But by reorgining the system, it really hamstrings the ability of if a Democrat gets in there, to just go all right, you know, do the Thano snap of the fingers. Only this doesn't kill half the people. It brings back all the stuff that they cut. If you've restructured the revenue system, that makes things incredibly interesting. And of course everyone's screaming bloody murder. They wheel Jasmine Crockett out there. She doesn't want you to have your five thousand dollars rebate check. Now here's the thing. We talked about this yesterday, this Doge dividend thing. It sounds nice, but it's probably not the best way to go about this because ultimately it's already tax money you have. You know, you got a credit card bill, you got to pay that, and yeah, well there is the initial stimulation of spending. It really doesn't do anything in the grand scheme of things, when you're attempting to right size the government, it could actually complicate complim compliment, say compliment a complication eat things. But the more the Jasmine Crockett hates something, the more I wanted.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 6: President Trump says he likes the idea of giving some of the savings from DOGE back to Americans as kind of a dividend.
Speaker 10: Would you support that, Listen, he's just telling a lie. He's not the one that had anything to do with the twelve hundred dollars refunds that people had during the midst of COVID. That was done by a Democratic House and Democratic Senate. Right now, what they're going to do is say, hey, we want to give you a refund, but Congress won't let us because they already know that there's just no money for that. The only reason that those refunds came before was because we were living in different times. This was a time in which hopefully we won't ever go through again. We had a once in a lifetime pandemic. The bad part is that I don't know if it's once in a lifetime because we know that Ebola, unfortunately was detected right here in New York here recently. And if we continue down this road of getting rid of scientists or deciding that we don't want to rely on experts as relates to what they're telling us to do, or we don't want to deal with vaccines and medicine in this country, then we may be facing not only our next pandemic, but our next two to three or four pandemics because of their incompetence. So, no, we are not in the business of giving out money. And honestly, I don't know what five thousand dollars will do for you.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let me just and this is really the key thing.
Speaker 10: So no, we are not in the business of giving out money, and honestly, I don't know what five thousand dollars will do for you.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. It's not that she's bring It's not the most insane thing she's ever said. Right, she's doing it from a parson standpoint. But as soon as you turn to me after just glorifying the twelve hundred dollars, which was rot with all sorts of fraud, which probably nobody will be punning. I know that they got some folks, but nobody really up there that facilitated this. Nothing's going to happen. That being said, you tell people that five thousand dollars won't do anything for them, and I don't know that that's going to be a winning message for you if you want to talk about the complexities of you know what, maybe we should spend that money on. But that's not what she's advocating. And for you to say this is not what we do, it is what you do. It is literally what democrats do. Hey, yeah, student loans, you don't want to pay those, vote for us.
Speaker 3: I know it's silly, but five thousand dollars to a lot of people, it's like life changing, absolutely, like it's except it's not really usually, but you know what it can't be if you're responsible with your money, like to have that in the bank. It's a feeling of security, even if it is sort of an illusion, like mentally, it's like a big deal, like it can be life changing where you're not stressing as much. But if I had to choose between the five thousand dollars from nodes or whatever, or like say, abolishing the income tax, I would in the irs, I would choose abolishing the income tax and the irs, and that is something. Listen, if you take the average person who doesn't pay any attention to politics and suddenly they're looking at their paycheck and that income tax is gone, that's going to make a big impact in difference. Like that is something people are gonna notice. And then if you have another administration come in, say the Democrats win the White House and they come back in and they say, you know, we're going to try to put that all back in and take that money away from you. How do you think that's gonna go?
Speaker 1: Well, no, that's it. That's why. That's the whole thing where once you've put something in, it's almost impossible to get rid of it because then the other side, the opponents just go, oh, you want to steal.
Speaker 3: This from Yeah, people will be rioting in the streets be like, no, I have this money and now you're taking it all back away from me, Like that's kafe changing for me.
Speaker 1: So it appeals to the highest common denominator like people who may get it and are running the math on the end, but it also appeals to it and I don't mean this in a negative way. The least the people who are at least plugged into the whole process, who are just looking at those dollars, right, Yeah, And that's the difference when they're there or when they're not.
Speaker 3: And actually being able to save money for once, like put money in the bank. Because there are people that do have Listen, there are people that no matter what you give them, right, you see this with the lottery all the time, the money's going to go through the fingers and they're not gonna be able to save or make anything from it. But there are a lot of people that do want to be responsible and they do want to save, but they can't in the under the current system, it's almost impossible to save money.
Speaker 1: So now, and and and the other thing is too, what is that due to prices? You can't Again, this is why you have to think all this stuff out. What does that due to prices? If everybody now has what is the what's the mean average actual paid tax rates? Still it's always around eighteen percent. We and people this is what people don't understand. I see them posting memes like we need to go back to the nineteen forties when the marginal tax rate for top earners was ninety percent. Nobody paid that even then. Even then, through the various laws and loopholes and ride offs and everything. It's still around. It always is around eighteen percent. We don't get away from it. So let's call it twenty percent for you know, something to do twenty percent, you get twenty percent more spending power instantly. What does that do to prices? Now? People go, well, it shouldn't affect it because it's with the bs. You know, that's not how the markets work. What does that do. Let's say they chew up half of it, so everything's ten percent more. But it's a readjustment to everything going on in the economy. Man, to readjustment to a lot of things. It also would adjust how you negotiate with your employer. So you got to get this stuff right. But any transition, it's going to get ugly. And that's because you're going to have people that are throwing stuff out. Who was the Florida congressman?
Speaker 4: What was he for?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he posted this yesterday. This is how blatantly they're willing to lie to you. So he posteddic what is the rationale other than making life more difficult for seniors? And he posted this little graphic and it says Medicare will no longer cover telehealth services as of April first, twenty twenty five, and he posts that out there and people look at that, They're like, oh my god, Trump's cutting telehealth for seniors. Some senior and needs medical cares in their home and they can't access telehealth because Trump's cuts. No, this is a blatant lie. The telehealth services are an expanded version of it, which you can argue should be permanent, but are not. In fact. Rokanna, the congressman from Florida, knows this. Why because he was one of the people who voted for the bill that literally sunset this March thirty first. He voted for a bill that would stop this March thirty first, and he knows that, but he put this out anyway. And I'm glad to see this in community notes that have finally attached to this. This was expanded. This was part of the American Relief Act. Kanna voted for it. Everybody knows this. Trump isn't He hasn't touched any of this.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have to.
Speaker 1: It's it's going by by all on its own, and it's not all of telehealth. There's still lots of telehealth that's available where it makes sense. This was a much more expanded version, and a version I might add that's not being utilized in the same way that it was because seniors have a lot of time, they're willing to slept down, and they want to see an actual doctor, especially if you're an older person. This is not how you think medicine happens, some of it. Yeah, but you want to be able to show the doctor that weird thing on your leg? What is that? Even so, they're going to throw everything they can think of in this direction to the freak out if that's what they're good they're going after. This is going to be a huge hole.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine the freak out on the left if that were to happen, Like, I can't even because and the reason for the freak out would be the party cannot survive without that revenue. They need those programs to survive and especial that control.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to force people to adopt You're insane thing.
Speaker 3: Right, and especially like the people that you're saying you're trying to help with your programs, which are not right, You're just putting them in an endless cycle of being dependent upon you. The people suddenly that you apparently are trying to help, are going to see all this extra income and they'll be like, wow, this is actually the I don't need eighteen dollars an hour. You know, you don't need to raise the minimum wage now because now I can survive on what I'm making because you're not taking most of it.
Speaker 1: Well at first, again, you get the right size of the economy because businesses out you don't have to call agreed businesses out there are going to with while they won't be as negatively impacted by the salary requirements, there's always the part where consumers there's going to be a number where enough consumers will pay that versus won't, and that's where you have to get your pricing right. And so yeah, yeah, you know, eventually a lot of uncomfortable conversations come up, but once you're in the thing, it's really hard to get out of the thing. And to Ross's points, that's where they would then have to go, Yeah, we're gonna you know, that money that you just all of a sudden have and now you're spending, whether it's on stupid stuff or smart stuff, Yeah, we're gonna need that. Again, It's like, well, hold on the tariff's not bringing the money, or they're not people who want to do business here in the US because I see all the products there. Well, that's not the right way to do it. And then they have to make that argument again, and they can't use postwar rebuilding to essentially do that transition so that people don't line about it because everything's so great, which is a lot of what was accomplished. All right, well, that's not the only legislative news. Apparently some people are surprised that a member of the Senate's not running again. Okay, all right, we'll get to that. Pete Counter will join us at eight oh five, and oh so much more coming up here on the Cacoday Radio program. The amount of articles news articles over the life last month basically it's been what a month, right was it twenty first today? Yeah, but a month. I read them and I'll see like a screenshot or something like in a tweet, or they'll put a quote in there and I'm like, that's not let's end the article. That's an onion article. And then I'll read it and I'm like, oh my gosh, that's real. And then you have to figure out, well, what was the point you were trying to make What what were you doing here? So the Washington Post ran an article yesterday long lines and canceled rentals, firings, bring blah blah blah. Anyway, So basically what they did is they went around through the National park system and also for a service, and they highlighted not just you know, numbers like one hundred park rangers or fifty smoke jumpers or any They they went and they on a in a individual level. They wanted to humanize in personal lies, people who may be impacted by these cuts. And then they wrote this down. And by the way, I don't have beef with this dude, And honestly, I actually kind of understand that you probably want somebody who's in charge of this part of things for the Park Service. The problem is apparently he's the only dude. So I'm gonna read this verbatim so you don't think that I'm juicing this article. You ready. At California's Yosemite National Park, the Trump administration fired the only locksmith on staff on Friday. He is the sole employee with the keys and the institutional knowledge needed to rescue visitors from locked restrooms and I don't want to limit because he does more than that. I'm gonna read some is that a problem. I've been to Yosemite. I think I use the bathroom there, I don't think I almost locked myself in it. And I've used a lot of backcountry, you know what you would call backcountry, which is an actual designation for various Forest Service cabins. Right. I've been privileged enough because my uncle was He was a criminal investigator for Yellowstone Park, so I, as a kid, got to stay in one of those backcountry cabins the Yellowstone is known for that the rangers use, and they have these amazing log books, kind of like if you hike the app trail right, and you can see all the people that went through there. I've stayed. I've stayed in a backcountry cabin there that literally a vice president of the United States was in there. I can't remember which one it was who had stayed there. And there you go and you find his paragraph and his signature. It's so cool. Man. But I don't think my uncle Brian's alone with the keys, so I don't know what's all on this. But so you're the key master, bro, Like, do we have a Goser. Is there a Gozer Ross? Do we know who Gozer is for the National Park Service? Because we should figure out because the key master and Goeser get together, some stuff's going down. I don't know if y'all know this. There is a concept in business, and I don't know if this is the technical name, but you'll quickly realize what it is. And it's the hit by a bus thing, all right, the hit by a bus theory, paradigm, whatever you want to call it, And it goes like this. If you run a business, and a government is a business. National parks are a business. iHeartMedia is the business. Right, that's the business. Ross and hire in the business that you're going to this morning, whether you own the business or you work at the business, whatever, that's a business. One of the things that structurally is problematic is to create an environment where a necessary and bathrooms I guess are kind of necessary, especially if people are trapped in them, but a necessary component, even one that seems a bit innocuous, is only doable by one person, is a really bad idea because what happens, ready if they get hit by a bus. I don't know what the buses did, but the buses are doing the heavy lifting here. So if Bob is the only guy who can do this thing, and if this thing isn't done, all of your other stuff, even your more skilled workers and everything else grinds to a halt because Bob got hit by a bus. You don't do that. And anyone who's ever run a business knows this, knows that in perils. It's like, I'll give you an example with us, when we transition employees and there's not somebody else in the building who knows how to run the board for this show. That weighs heavily on my mind because Ross might get hit by a bus.
Speaker 3: Throne or who the hell knows that a lot of people don't understand, and like, you see this sometimes and we have to take days off and people are like, if I'm sick, there's not going to be a show because there's no one else that can do this job. And it's happened, It's happened before, and you're like, well, why isn't there a best you know, how come you don't have like a fill in host? You can have like a filling host instead of like a you know, running melle and not how that works it's because there's if I'm not here, it cannot be done.
Speaker 1: He's a magician. Now, it's not to say that he can't the people. You know, people remember the days of Brian the bad board op and port driver having to come in here and all that. But but what I'm saying is it's a situation that is easily identifiable, and so it makes good business sense to make sure that more than one person can do it. So the if a person's hit by a bus, so if you only have one person and I'm gonna read the they're gonna read the second part of this. This is literally the quote from the dude. He goes, we have Federal Court Administrative Building's toilets, closets, gun saves. A guy's name is Vince by the way, which sounds like the dude who's the key master.
Speaker 3: Yeah you should be vince Y.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And again, I got no beef with Vince and I I I understand what he's saying. Uh and and and quite frankly, I think that one of the things you're gonna you're gonna see some course correcting and some of what is happening here, because it really is uh, you know, it's buckshot at this point with a modified choke, and and you got to right size it. But uh so, Vince says, quote, we have all these things. We have endless things that need to be secured in various forms, And I am the sole keeper of the keys, the one that makes the keys, the one that fixes the locks, installs the locks, and has all that knowledge of the security behind the park. It's a critical role. Again, Like it makes that that logistically makes sense. You got to have somebody who understands because there's a lot of stuff you got to lock up and unlock, and early idiots locked themselves in bathrooms shouldn't do that. That being said, having one dude, that first line reads like he's about to give you a quest. Right, He's like some character in Ross's video game you just clicked on. He's like, we have endless things that need to be secured. I am the sole keeper of the keys.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: That's a dude you're spending man on. Right, he came across that guy in a video game. That's the guy who gives you the next thing.
Speaker 3: Right something cool. Yeah, yeah, I'm the sole keeper the magic rings or something. Yeah, yeah, you're getting.
Speaker 1: Some for your effort. Oh, you gotta slay this thing. All right, I'll go slay this thing. What do I get? Oh, it's part of an armor build. I'm on it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if you ever play the game like that where you accidentally, like you know, in the video game, not in real life. I don't want what's his name, Vince?
Speaker 1: Vince.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want anything tragic to happen Evince. But like in a video game, if you accidentally murder said person, you can completely destroy your playthrough because now you're screwed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta go back to your save point and start that thing again. And then just because you're obstinate, you kill Vince again. Right, because you're an a hole. Again, we're in video game mode, right, I want those keys. Go on, man, I don't have to go over the other thing all the way over there and do that just for the thing. Give me the thing. So yeah, so again I need to know who goes Er is, so those two don't get together. But also I don't think that's the win. You thought it was, Washington Post, What the hell are you talking about? Oh, here's what I know. It's way too dangerous to go questing for keys though, because then you have to go out on the roads. And I was looking at a roadmap yesterday of like all the winter accidents and various fun stuff, and it was a layover of the triangle and they put up these little on rio. They put up these little orange cones, but they're kind of brown. And when you looked at the map, and I sent this to Ross, it looks like the poop map from San Francisco. That's how badly y'all were driving yesterday. I know raced age to blame for this, but yeah, you didn't have to go out and prove him right. I did it right, dude, that was crazy. I look at this map, I'm like, where should you not go? Everywhere? You should not drive everywhere? So and it looked like the San Francis. Do you ever see the map where they were charting the San Francisco poop incidents and the whole city was just brown? No, I'm gladly I missed that one indistinguishable. Yeah, and who knows, maybe they were pooping in the in people's where the snow is and that's what the acts.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, so could you make this not a thing anymore though, that'd be great.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this morning it sounds and looks like there's still uh, some problems with with ice with a weather advisory that it's just for that reason. There's nothing coming out of the sky. It's already from the damage done, especially as you go north northeast where some of the heavier snow fell. But better day's case are ahead. Low forties today, teens. Tonight's another cold night, A lots of sunshine around though today, so anything that's left probably goes away.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Maybe there'll be another refreeze tonight. I hope not. But some of those side streets and shaded areas that had snow sometimes that snow doesn't go away even with forty degree temperatures. If you had a couple of inches, load of mid forties tomorrow with increasing clouds on Sunday, we'll get into the fifties. Sixties next week through midwek Next week actually looks real nice, probably on either side of sixty Monday, load of mid sixties on Tuesday and Wednesday, with plenty of sunshine.
Speaker 3: Late week.
Speaker 7: There's another front coming in, so we'll worry about that next week, but right now everything looking good.
Speaker 4: Stuff.
Speaker 7: Dealing with some icy spots this morning and maybe again tomorrow mornings as temperatures once again we down well below freezing so cold, but retreating getting back above normal next week. So looking better, feeling better too.
Speaker 1: Right there you go. The beatings will continue until morale improves. All right, exactly, yeah, appreciate it, all right, Race agic there from the Weather Channel, coming up eight oh five calendar.
Speaker 3: Harboringer just sent me a text message. He says, the obvious solution is the fire old the busters.
Speaker 1: What what oh? Oh, I see what you did there? Yeah, I mean this is why you gotta have follow through on this, right, dude, This is this is what I'm talking about. You gotta have It feels good to go in and just swing the wrecking ball, but you gotta know what you're doing, or you know, stave Puff Marshmallow or or the dude in the painting. You don't want any of this. Vigo. You don't want Vigo. All right, hang on, we'll be back. That was the Trump said, Hey, if you don't release the hostages by Saturday, everything's on the table. We talked to Senator bud about it, and they really didn't get into it. However, however, because they did at least say that they had a process for the release. Here we found out what we assumed was the case. In this case, the woman with her two kids is dead, and a lot of people speculated that, but I don't know, did you guys see any of the and over ceremony. I didn't want to call it that because a ceremony would imbue some sort of respectfulness and somber moments, and it wasn't any of that. They had a damn pep rally. So Hamas had a pep rally complete with like a parade. They had people with flags who were cheering, They had a bunch of music, and then they were offloading these coffins of these individuals. And then we found out and it's now confirmed. I wanted to make sure it was confirmed before I got into this. One of them wasn't even the hostage in this case, I guess the mother there with the two kids. According to authorities, they believe it to be a random gossen woman, which now I'm wondering they just have a body or they go grease somebody, like, ah, we need a body, let's go and get in here about the right size. The amount of disrespect that was going on during that whole thing was to send a message. Then you had a in Tel Aviv, you had a bombing there, and then they found out that they're just giving you random bodies man like, don't I don't understand the endgame. Do you think that Trump gives zero f's? Do you think the Israelis give zero fs about coming in there and just turning it into the uh, you know, the New Beachfront destination. Did you see how people reacted to it when you were screaming, oh, they're calling for genocide. Do you see how little anybody cared because they're just done? You know why, because they see an opportunity for the US in their you know, to stand back and the Israelis to do this thing that a lot of people in the Middle East, a lot of people in the world. If you got them in a room drunk and they told them that there was no tape running, right, they'd probably go, yeah, it's gonna be for the best. I don't know that that's necessarily the case. I'm trying to exude the attitude that people have. That's why people don't care they're just done. Most of the most of the countries in the Middle East want nothing to do with Hamas, i e. The Palestinians, but Hamas specifically, because Hamas is always growing stuff up. It's like that, you know, it's like you're you're you're already doing your criminal stuff. And you got the guy who's standing out there counting stacks of hundros smoking a joint outside the gate. When the cops drive by, You're like, what is this idiot doing? That's a mass And so when the world, the world collectively didn't go well, wouldn't be the worst idea to turn that into a beach resort. That gave you no pause and you started stuffing random bodies and you had a pep rally funeral handover thing. It's gonna get ugly over there, and there will be the perfunctory oh how could this happen? And then you know, oh, let's put it with security council. Well, by the way, we said, we don't want to be on the security council anymore. So did they? Your heavy handedness has led to this, And secretly they kind of won it. They just won't tell you that. And so holding this ceremony again. I hate to use that word. The way that you did yesterday just hastens that. And I don't look forward to it. I don't look forward to any of it. But the world's pretty much told you that they think it's kind of a necessity because you're being an a hole. And before they would be like, ah, he's an ahole, but he's lovable ahole, And now they're just like, he's an a hole all the time. Why are you always an a hole? I'm gonna go get some coffee. Whatever happens happens. That's what's happening right now. And I don't know where it takes us, but we will. We will find out. And uh, why anyone's surprised by this, I don't know.
Speaker 11: Seven times a fellow Kentuckians have sent me to the Senate every day in between, I've been humbled by the trust they placed in me. Okay, all right, Mitch, come on, you get the business right here?
Speaker 1: You got this? Oh, I accidentally clicked pause.
Speaker 3: Ross.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell that I actually clicked pause because it was Mitch McConnell. Sometimes he clicks our commonwealth as the honor of the lifetime. Uh, huh oh oh, I accidentally clicked pause. Again. It's hard because again you can't tell if it's him or it's me at the button fingers Eighth, It is Friday after a beautiful three day week that then turned into snow. I don't know how bad it is in Charlotte, but our radio buddy to the South peek calendar mid days WBTU. All right, are you in an igloo? What'd you guys get down there?
Speaker 4: We got the normal stuff, you know, some these and then satan slushy of like the wintry mix, and then it was all.
Speaker 1: The full drove and stuff right, and then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah it's and you know there there are a couple of things like number one, we should not we should like the South gets ripped on by people who are from you know, up north, and they're like, oh, you guys don't know how to handle this, you know. And look, I would oppose any kind of ramping up of the purchasing of snowplows and you know, the kind of response equipment that the Northeast gets, because we don't get this very often. Number one. Number two, this is not like what you get up in the Northeast. Okay, up there it's snow, and here it's this satan slushie of ice and snow and rain and it all gets mixed in together and then it all freezes. And no, just because you can drive well in the snow doesn't mean you can drive well on ice, because nobody can drive well on ice except Zamboni's that's it. So no, you're not. You're not superior to.
Speaker 1: Good Like I'm good. Yeah, I'm pretty good, though, you're pretty.
Speaker 4: Good on ice. But he got skates or butt skates or something on the.
Speaker 1: I used to have studded tires that I put on in the winter, right, like that was real deal stuff. And I agree with you, we don't need to go knocking this stuff out. But I saw a I saw like a map of all of the different accidents yesterday around the Triangle, and I had like a little orange brown cone for it, and I thought I was looking at the San Francisco poop map. You ever see the San Francisco poop map? Right, somebody mapped all the poops and that's that was essentially the roads around the Triangle yesterday. Because people are dumb.
Speaker 4: Well, yes, I mean, okay, of course people are dumb. But also this idea like only Southerners are getting in accidents in these ice storms is absurd. How many of these people are coming, for example, you know from up north or out west. They don't have experience driving in these icy conditions. And so like we just like what I learned, and I'm originally from New York, so I can trash all of the people who come down here, like I drove so much better up there. I first learned to drive. My first driving experience after I got my learner's permit was in an icy parking lot. You and I can tell you, like, unless you've got the studded tires, there's nothing really you can do when your car hits ice except to, you know, wait for the skid to end, basically. And a lot of people come down here and they drive like it's snow and then they get into accidents too. So there's a reason why when the ice starts coming down, people are like, you know what, let's just take the day off and that's okay, Like that's all right to take the day off and say, hey, you know what, mother nature wants us to work from home today.
Speaker 1: And you know what, it also would probably eliminate the possibility of Gozer teaming up with the key Master and unleashing all the healthscape in the sewers of New York. Yeah, the key Master, which was until recently apparently a dude who worked at Yosemite. How many people are locking that? We were just talking about this, so the audience is up on this. How many I grew up next to a national park. You might have heard of You ever heard of Yellowstone? Pete? You're here? Yeah?
Speaker 4: From the TV show?
Speaker 1: No, I see what you did there? A lot of people do that. No, it's it's from the It's from the Kennedy the rough Rider dude. So yeah, I and I had relatives Clinton. My uncle was the chief law enforcement officer for Yellowstone National Park for quite a few years, and I had the privilege of actually staying in those back country cabins with him on a couple of trips there. I did see where a dude got eaten by a bear once, and I saw app Uh. I never saw a tourist locked in a bathroom. Is that the win? The Washington Post thought it was trying to go and individualize, and I have no By the way, I have nothing against Vince. Of course his name's Vince. By the way, I have nothing against this guy, and it is true. There's there's a lot of stuff you got to lock and unlock. We have it with the app, you know, with the people who walk the trail, they use those out shelters. You have to have people a minute. But it's the fallacy that in business you would never allow where if one guy, even if it's kind of a menial thing, can shut down your entire operation. You would never have that because what if he gets hit by a bus? Is essentially the quagmire there.
Speaker 4: Right, It's like building a depth star and having one single vent weak spot. You know that you could just shoot them a sizable.
Speaker 1: It's just a sizeable womp rat. I don't understand what the problem is. What are we doing? This is insanity, This is.
Speaker 4: No What this is called is malicious compliance. Correct, malicious compliance. It's the same thing they did. And for those who were not paying any attention to politics or something back in the day when there was the government shut down under the Obama administration. Uh, and we were yeah, and we were treated to the spectacle of them like roping off old faithful. You know, don't look at the guysner, you're not allowed to look or Mount Rushmore. They closed the side of a road where people would pull off and take pictures of Mount Rushmore and yeah, yeah, like you're not allowed to look at this. And then of course they shut down the World War Two Veterans Memorial, and then the and then you know, the point were running up there. Literally it's right, it's some statues on a sidewalk basically, and you're you're you're roping. It took more money and personnel to put up all the barriers, which of course were completely deconstructed in rapid fashioned by the World War Two veterans who stormed beaches at Normandy. Do you think your gates are going to stop them from getting into their memorial?
Speaker 1: And of course you have a thing for that, don't they the enemy line? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the way. For example, like am I to believe that nobody else at Yosemite has any keys? It's just this one guy. And if you know it's the one guy, why do you fire him? Right, Yosemite's got four hundred and fifty something employees, why would you fire that one guy? Or at the Grand Canyon where they're like, we didn't have enough personnel to let people in through the south Gate, which is like the most popular, like ninety percent of the traffic comes in there. So they said, hey, you know what, let's really stick it to the people and to Trump, and we're going to fire everybody that was working in the south Gate or we'll move resources away from there to make them feel the pain. And this is malicious compliance. It's the same thing that they did with like we're gonna take off all of the books from the shelves that have anything to do with you know, the Tuskegee Airmen, like now.
Speaker 1: And then they show the empty shelves photos. I saw that on Twitter and then we I was just talking about this with schools man because you know, White County's like, hey, anyway, I guess we touched on this, so like, hey, you know what we need. We need some money for like AC units and air filtration. People like wait a sec hold on, ye hold up just a minute. Didn't we do this? And and they're like off, you know, And then I have covered school districts up to it and having to go and I'm sure you've done it in your news capacity. I just have to go to the school board meetings and sit there, oh yeah, and just stick a chopstick in both ears and eyes. Man. And it's because it's so inane, it's so repetitive. But I'll tell you the thing that I saw every year is when they thought the voters weren't going to support a bond or they're gonna have to raise it, they would come up with a contingency plan. All right, so the voters don't vote for this, what are we going to do for the cuts? And then they would be like, all right, what's the most painful visible thing we can threaten. They'd be like, all right, well, we're not gonna kids aren't gonna have to have We're gonna chop all their heads off if you do it right. And then that's what they would put out there, and I would be seething at the little media section there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Buses, extracurricular activities, sports, right, both are the things they cut first and they threaten parents with in order to shake them down to extort the additional revenue out of them, rather than cutting anything else, like, well, we've cut to the bone everywhere else we possibly can cut. So if you don't approve this, we're gonna have to cut your buses up in New York, all of the the budgets would go to voters every year. The voters would vote on the local school budgets. And this with the I learned the lesson when I was in high school. I was covering school board meetings in high school and go into those meetings then, and this was the game they play. I know it, and I spent another decade doing it in Charlotte Meck. And this is the game, and it is malicious compliance. They make the taxpayers feel the pain so they can get more money to do other stuff that they want to do. They never go back to a zero based budget. They never zero things out and look to see are we spending this in the appropriate way. Never, it's always just continuation budgets after continuation budgets.
Speaker 1: The did we We're gonna probably stick on this topic because there's like three different scenarios, this transitionary thing, and this is I'm going to play the Commerce Secretary's audio. This is the thing. I thought, you wouldn't it be crazy if Trump tried to do this? But he wouldn't do this. And that was where we we go back to where the way that he used to be where the federal government was largely funded, not completely, but largely funded by tariffs and various other Basically, if people wanted to do business with us, because it's pretty good to do business in the US, revenue would be derived and that would fund things. Then we went to this federal income tax, and the craziest thing to do would be like, hey, maybe we should go back to the other thing. Surely they wouldn't do that.
Speaker 8: And then Lutnick said that our objective under Donald Trump is to balance this budget. And I'm telling you you watch it, We're going to do it.
Speaker 9: If you get savings from these doze cuts. Are you going to give any of this back to the American people we keep hearing about these doze dividends?
Speaker 8: Well, think about it. Donald Trump announces the external Revenue Service, and his goal is very simple, to abolish.
Speaker 4: His goal is to abolish.
Speaker 8: The internal revenue service and let all the outsiders pay.
Speaker 1: All right, So he's talking about that, that's what he's saying. He's saying, we'll go back to the way that it used to be. Holy crap, is that doable? What a position the Dems would be in, because then they have to explain to people who suddenly have twenty percent well or was the mean effective rately eighteen percent? That people actually have twenty percent more money, and you have to go explain to them why you don't think they should have that. But also I don't know how that tracks in an economy that could be impacted like by COVID. COVID would devastate a tariff on the economy. So I'm sure you've given this some thought. What do you think?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, now, look the biggest problem here I actually have not, but I know this is an idea that gets kicked around inside mainly conservative circles.
Speaker 1: So let the libertarian like convey yeah, yeah, basically.
Speaker 4: Yes and so. And it's because yes, this was at the founding of the nation. This was how they did. Now, they did do protection as tariffs on what they called infant industries to protect them as they were starting up. But the idea was, yeah, you fund the government, which was obviously much much smaller at the time with these with this, with the tariff model. Now the challenge is going to be big accounting because there is a massive industry I think turbo tax.
Speaker 1: What's the green guys, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, they spend yeah, yeah, tons of money lobbying for the preservation of the system. They do not want a simplified tax code. A simplified tax code means fewer people need their services, fewer people need accountants to do their taxes. So there's a there's a massive lobbying effort against anything that would eliminate the income tax on just like those grounds. Then you layer in the fact that the left, you know, sees a penny, wants to spend a penny, and so they they kind of count all of the income generated in the private sector as you know, available for the taking. It's just a matter of how you want to do it. So they're going to be against it. But to your question, I don't know how you make an argument except for, oh my gosh, we're going to have no money, the sky is going to fall, catastrophe, which is what we saw in North Carolina. You'll recall when you know, organizations like the Budget and Tax Center whatever they call themselves, they you know, had all of these dire predictions. When the Republicans took over, and guys like Bob Rouchow State Cenator were like, I want to get the income tax to zero. And they're like, you're going to bankrupt the state. And what have we seen under Republican tax reform? We've seen surpluses, right that nobody like that, Right that nobody that nobody thought we could achieve and we could not with the tax structure being what it was. But when you allow people to keep their own money, they engage in more economic activity that generates more sales tax revenue and that goes to the state caffers. So yeah, I mean it, it does make sense that you know that growth solves a lot of these types of financial problems.
Speaker 1: For states, and it's it is remarkably more un How do I say it's unundoable? Do you know what I'm saying? Like the Democrats can't just because they can't come in if they seize the White House next and go everything Trump did is done. If you've viewed this transition, But damn, it's going to be ugly. It's going to be ugly man.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Now, yeah, I don't know if it can completely go away. You've got also the constitutional you know, sure amendments.
Speaker 1: And so you have obligations like you know, Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, things like that. Yes, they didn't exist at the transitionary time, So I don't.
Speaker 4: Did you hear by the way, where they were like, we don't have Elon Musk lied about these hundred and fifty year olds on Social Security getting benefits. They're not really there. It's just a coding error that different to the original date. Yeah, and cobol or whatever. This program like I haven't been in use anywhere. Oh and by the way, it's probably a bunch of like uh uh, you know, just people that we don't have their information, so we're giving them money instead. But they're not one hundred and fifty. And I'm like, that's not a good answer.
Speaker 1: No, it's not a number they don't have. They don't have trackability. It's in the trillions. It's like a savisible part of our uh our our our our deficit there. Yeah, dude, there's so many things I want to get into. Vance over in Germany. German elections about ready to go, and they're like, hey, you guys don't believe in free speech, maybe we shouldn't be there. And now they're all like, oh, but you're gonna miss our scrudle, Like it's really fun to watch this. I like Scrudel, So yeah, when all right, dude, we're gonna have to We'll have to do this next week, all right. Peak calendar. I do appreciate it, my man. Uh, thinking from a fire hose every day, all right. And then stay safe out there, don't drive around idiots. There's more than enough, all right. So Peak calendar there mid days, WBT, you can catch them on the iHeartRadio app. Yeah, and even get into the Germany stuff. There's just so much going on, so we'll try to put a bow on it here in the last half hour Phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four hang on