Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some fun on my own, but not all. I fought AF with Cecily and Stephanie. Well, hello everybody, Hello borders when AF.
Speaker 2: First, Yeah, as bookers, Look, we're gonna get into it. We're not gonna pretend like it's f doesn't mean even old people know that.
Speaker 1: They do. They know it, and they love it, and they say it all the time. I cannot tell you how many senior citizens are like as fuck.
Speaker 2: I mean, for real dough, for real dough. Now, let me let me share you something. I'm gonna share you something. I'm gonna share you something. Okay, share me something. I mean, it's not even eleven on a Sunday and I've been up since like seven trying to clean out my well. That's actually I'm gonna get to that to get to what I've been trying to do. Okay, As you know, I have a little bit of ADHD. I got it at the I got it on a cruise.
Speaker 1: I wish I hadn't picked it up, but I did, and it has really destroyed my life.
Speaker 2: So I will start like cleaning out like a tights drawer. I have a lot of tights, like tights, So I'll start cleaning out a tight store and then I'll just be like, I'm hungry, and I'll start watching three episodes of the Morning Show, and then I'll like go to my desk and start working on an article, and then I'll go, I mean, it's insanity.
Speaker 1: I love that. The thing that brought you over to was was you're hungry, So you start watching TV and I get it, you're hungry for good shows.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I guess I should say that goes without saying that. I eat like two puddings now it's not even one is enough, but two little pudding cups.
Speaker 1: Oh, you sit down to eat, but you're like, well, while I'm watching, while I'm eating, I want to watch a little show show.
Speaker 2: Then I binge that to for a while, and then I go into my bedroom and then there's those tights and socks everywhere, which I will get to because that has been quite a it's been quite a morning and nothing's resolved.
Speaker 1: It's a total mess.
Speaker 2: It's like I used to say this about my mom, but it's now me as well. I guess we do become like that. But if you were to like examine my head. It's like a merry go round.
Speaker 1: It's like bit ed. I mean just all the time. Yeah, she's a little more so really you feel that way too, Oh yeah. But also because I've gotten older, it used to just be that kind of like kind of almost silly, like, oh what was I doing? What was I you know, Oh, it's so hard to get things done. But now I genuinely forget why I walked into like not a little bit like I will if I don't write it down, like I will be walking into the room to do something like kind of important, like my taxes. And then a month later, I'm like, ah, yes, I ever did that, And I kept saying I was going to do it, and I had completely forgotten, not forgot for five minutes, not what was I walking in this room for, but completely like a yeah, but mine is like it doesn't even I don't even for I don't even remember that I forgot to walk into the room. I get it. I'm I feel the same.
Speaker 2: But then on top of that, just like ideas and then I get over. I have a hard time leaving the house, like if I'm going to like let's say, like Friday night, I had a little birthday party to go to, No big deal, just put on a pair of jeans and uber on over like didn't need a present, Like it was no big deal. And I just like Monroe was here, and I had to make sure, like I have this OCD that's formed. That's really bad that I have to make sure every like dog Gate is closed every door because if you know, if something happens and he has a seizure, like I can't you know, not be here.
Speaker 1: I mean like I have to have it like perfectly padded.
Speaker 2: And so I guess that's kind of normal to be worried about stuff like that, but I have to check it like four times.
Speaker 1: I'm like wait, I'll get in the elevator. I'm like, wait, did I close that door? And then I'm back.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, all of this is caught on a camera because my neighbor who lives in the building, she has an on camera so that if I have to leave, we watch. We have him watched, which is amazing, and so she's seeing all this. She's like, you came back in like four times, like I know, why did she hear that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I said it. I was like, I don't know if you saw it she because yeah, I did notice that, because she can hear me. So it's me coming back and like hi baby, yep, the door's closed, okay bye. Then I come back, Hi little guy. You're doing okay, everything's good here, And it's like so many times.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit disturbed though, because so you're on she can hear you in your apartment. Now.
Speaker 2: Yes, I turn the camera off when I leave, only through the camera.
Speaker 1: Turned the sound off too.
Speaker 2: Everything's off, like the whole camera's unplugged when I come back.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: But when I go out, remember to do that, or well not always. Sometimes I come home and sing a whole song from le Mez and then I'm like fuck sorry, I'll say to the camera and I'll turn that off. She doesn't have it on like full blast, but when she knows she's like on call to watch him, she just has it turned up and she's paying attention.
Speaker 1: You don't know what's what she's doing, Cecily. She could have it on a full blast all the time, hoping to catch you singing lame is. You don't know what kind of sickos are out there. But if that was all alone again, I'm like, why did it have to be on my own. I have to sing that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's Fiona Apple not gonna Lie from an early album and then yeah, or sometimes yeah, I'll just walk around, I'll put on but she's not looking because I do always remember to text the home, like it's just something I do remember when I walk and so then she probably just gets off or you know, not off but doesn't listen.
Speaker 1: It's fine, it's a good system, and it's my bad. Yeah, I'm just worried about the trust involved, and like, yeah, oh no, she turns she turns it off. She's not trying to watch me in my apartment. That's not a thing. That is not a thing with her.
Speaker 2: I think there would be some people that you might feel that way, But I trust her completely.
Speaker 1: I checked her. She's had a has she had a couple of stalking charges, yes, but it was not that's not her fault.
Speaker 2: People are crazy, you know, people are crazy and you have to check in on them. She's awesome, and I think, I mean, like, I don't know how I would ever leave the house.
Speaker 1: I didn't have somebody with eyes on him, so like it's but it's a whole thing.
Speaker 2: But even just getting out getting dressed. Nothing fits anymore? Do you have that too?
Speaker 1: You're like this looks terrible? Why do I still have this in my closet?
Speaker 2: And then I have like nine different purses and I'm like, all I need is my credit card and license, you know, and maybe lip gloss.
Speaker 1: I guess, like what do I even need?
Speaker 2: So then you're changing purses and there's receipts everywhere and like what is all that?
Speaker 1: Yeah that you know what it is. It's a beautiful mind. And you know what else would mean that you have a beautiful mind would be if you saved money on your cell service. Yes, yeah, that.
Speaker 2: Would be an indicator that your mind is absolutely beautiful, which is why we really like mint Mobile.
Speaker 1: Yes right, yes, we love it.
Speaker 2: Like, why wouldn't you pay a whole lot less for the same really good service?
Speaker 1: That's my Have you not heard Ryan Reynolds tell you what to do?
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, though, I don't think that guy. Like, that guy's pretty careful other than his wife who who surrounds himself with No, he's awesome, and he makes good movies, and he is the guy that's telling us to do this, So let's do it. So I did it. I tried it, and I found that nothing changed. My service was impeccable, my texting was perfect, like, no problems at all, except that I was only paying fifteen dollars a month, and in these times like that really was next level.
Speaker 1: I love it. Tell us how to hook it up? Ready to say yes to saying no? I like that question. Make the switch at mintmobile dot com slash rose Pricks. That's mint mobile dot com slash rose Pricks. Now upfront payment of forty five dollars is required. That's equivalent to fifteen dollars a month, limited time new customer offer for the first three months only. Speeds may slow above thirty five gigabytes on unlimited plan, taxes and fees or extra see mint mobile for details. I mean, do it, just do it right now, make the switch. Try it. You don't like it, you go back? Yeah? Okay, all right, I had a topic. Okay, do you want would you like to start with something else? Since I just rambled about my ADHD No, But were you going to actually get to like not leaving for a party. Was there a thing where.
Speaker 2: You were believing I did go to the party but then didn't have fun at the party, honestly, because I was just my mind was like everywhere, it was really loud. I've gone to a couple things this week, so I think that's less about the party and more about my mind. I want to know if other people are experiencing like a little extra anxiety, maybe because.
Speaker 1: Like the news and stuff. Yeah, I find it really difficult to do anything.
Speaker 2: Like things seem louder to me, Like things seem things that I was looking forward to are feel overwhelming.
Speaker 1: I just want to be in a dark hole. People's opinions seem louder to me. Yes, and it's never ending. Yeah, I had a lovely I went to a friend's barbecue yesterday, which did not feel like that at all. It was very calming, and I put my phone away for the whole time. I checked in with my ex about Monroe, and he's good and everybody's good. So I just put my phone away for like five hours, like really good, like just put it in my purse and put that in the guest room and really like sat and talked to my friends in a very present way. And my friend and I had a long conversation about that because he does that too, and he was like it's really killing us. Not to sound like the old gen X or whatever, but and is killing us and we can't live without it. So what do we do? Yeah, I don't know. I don't know what the answer is. I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: One of the things I did is this morning, like I said, I this is what happened. I decided that I'm going like, oh, this is it. When I was looking to get dressed to go to this party the other day, I needed these cute pair of tights that I wear a lot, Right, that's what I was getting to these cute little Dior They're black and white, they're super cute.
Speaker 1: Couldn't find them. I live alone in an apartment, so there's no place they could have gone. Like, where would they have gone? I checked my suitcase from the last time I went to Dallas. I checked, you know, everything, could not They're just not there. There's not where they're supposed to be. They're just like gone.
Speaker 2: So I got in my head when I was out, like I gotta I gotta go through all my stuff. So I decided, all right, I'm gonna I have to throw away. I want to do some donations. I want to find some things I have to. When I do a clothes like get through my clothes, I decide it has to be at least ten items, which I don't think is very much like when you do it.
Speaker 1: When you do a big clothes like got to get rid of some stuff? What is your given item count? Like X amount has to go? No, I don't, but I should have that for my kids because they have they have too much stuff. I never buy clothes, but if I don't buy them, you know what I mean. Yeah, that's well, I'm saying that I have a few things that I just sort of threw out. I don't even try to give them away sometimes because it's not avoyable. Oh sure, I did. Well, that's funny you say that, because Okay, so I got like all right ten items, and then sometimes I'll get, you know, some of those items start building up in the bag, my little norse from bag I'm given away, and then I'll look at I'm like, but why.
Speaker 2: Do I want to get rid of this cute striped shirt? And then I'll hold it up and it's like an extra extra large and it's all got like stuff on it. I'm like, Okay, the real question is why am I donating this, you know, like, who's gonna So if I give this to I guess good will they clean it? Right, you're supposed to be supposed to be as clean as possible.
Speaker 1: But they do. They do a big wash before they put it out. I'll have to ask. I don't know about that. Maybe they say they do. I can't imagine they have the manpower where they wash it. They have big washers. They have to have like the giant like industrial they have to in my mind, in your mind, ye, I don't have so I can't just drag everything, you know, like it's a whole thing. So it's not a laundromat there. They don't.
Speaker 2: They don't well get kind of on your honor wash this? Could you just wash this and then I'll just I'm gonna take it back.
Speaker 1: They're like no, no, no, no, you're either donating it or you're not. We're not gonna right then.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's on loan, but wash it and then I'll yeah, no, it's not like that. But some of this stuff is like who would really want this, which gets to so I'm opening my drawers and I'm like looking for these tights. I still can't can't find them. I find a couple of things. I'm like, all right, you know what this is. This is pretty gross. But I haven't worn a thong since nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 1: I know you like them.
Speaker 2: I think they're nasty. And I'm not saying you're nasty, all Stephanie.
Speaker 1: That's what it feels. Very I know. I know. I'm hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey. You look at me right now, you look at me in the eye. I am not trying to hurt you. I'm not.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Yeah, I don't like thongs, and I I just don't understand. And my butt's big and it just makes me feel bad, you know. So that's not why you wouldn't wear a thong. I just like, do not get it. Uh So I have these tiny I mean the tiniest songs like no, wouldn't they wouldn't have ever fit me.
Speaker 1: I don't know why they're there, but somehow.
Speaker 2: Through every year when I do that, when I go through my stuff for every couple of years, really they make the cut. We're talking like, I mean, they wouldn't fit a chi. I mean they're like, it's ridiculous that I have. They must have been like a joke. Gift that I kept over these years. So I get on, gave you a joke pair of thongs. Okay, somebody gave me a joke, those nipple things that like you wear if you're at like a top like you're you're at like a strip club.
Speaker 1: Like pasties. Yeah, I got a pair of pasties that have.
Speaker 2: Little tassels on them, and I those those didn't get thrown away today, they're still in there. I'm like, you never know, you don't know, and they're not even cute, Like I'm not even sure, Like Okay, in my mind, I go, yeah, well, like maybe i'd wear Amanda as a costume.
Speaker 1: What costume? When am I going to be topless? You know what Crazy Girls? Like if you're at Crazy Girls and you're like, you know what, listen, I'm Crazy Girls. By the way, it's a topless bar in Los Angeles. But you're at yeah, go with me on this. You're at Crazy Girls and you're like, I mean, I'm here, it's kind of a costume me place. I'll just wear my pee, I'll just be topless, but not for money. Just fine.
Speaker 2: It's a fun gift, is a joke gift. God, you guys have no sense of humor. Look at them, they're tassels. I'm like flipping them around, making them circle, and then I have like a tip jar. They're like, ma'am, you cannot put out a first off, you can't be here topless, you don't work here.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well it's free country. Oh only people that work at the topless bark be topless. Okay, bashest, But I'm not topless because I have on these pasties exactly pretty topless. It's just like a halter top like it is not and it does not even like I want to get back to this tip jar because I think that is like pure genius. It's like busking, but with tits. Yes, yes, yeah, you're titting. You're not tipping. We've made up a whole thing.
Speaker 2: And I'm not saying do or don't do it, But I'm not saying saying that you're allowed to do it because it's a fucking America exactly.
Speaker 1: You can change you, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm going through these songs and I'm like, no, I'm going to get rid of shit. These are going, they're leaving me, they're going, so they go in the trash. I'm not that discussing them like, let me put them in my donation pile. No, the thongs, the old songs from nineteen ninete eighty five, they've made it into the trash. Then I find this boostia and I'm like, I used to love this Boostia. Now I don't remember why I even had. I think I used to wear it to, like it has to go back to high school because I remember wearing it to like.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Gez boostier so much, Donna, No, no, not like that kind of boostie.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. I thank you for thinking I'm that. I mean, I did have one of those. If you remember I wore my thirtieth birthday you were there. I wore a boostia, which was in the pictures not as attractive as I thought it was when I did that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it was super cute, but go on, it was boostier. Are you talking about this?
Speaker 2: This is like old school, like you, it's a bra boostia, so it goes underneath like oh, it's just more like a maiden form. It's like yeah, And I mean, I I think I'm smaller than I was in high school college, so I'm like, let me try this shit on. You never know, maybe there'll be a sexy night. I don't know what that means, so no further questions on that, please, But I so it does not fit at all, Like I can't even get it around half of my rib cage, like not even like whatever. So I'm like, okay, I have to let this go. I know it's been with me for like a very long time since college at least, but I'm going to let it go. And I, I don't want to say accidentally my brain put it in the donation pile. It went into the donation pile. Oh oh, there's a couple pair of jeans and cutures and there's some cute things in there, and then yeah, the boustier. So then as I'm doing other stuff, I finally found the tights. They were just thrown into my closet, just willy nilly, there they were.
Speaker 1: There were my tights. They're there.
Speaker 2: And then I look at my donation bag and I'm like, oh my god, my boostie is and my donation bag from high school. I'm going to go ahead, And I took it out and I put it in the trash and I feel like didn't get a lot done yet this morning, but I feel like that was a win.
Speaker 1: That was a win. I'm proud of you. It's really hard. It's really hard when you're when you're a semi hoarder to get it. And I'm not, though it sounds like it.
Speaker 2: I guess I am with clothes for sure, but I'm not really a hoarder. I love throwing things away. And it only feels like that because I've lived in like an apartment, the same apartment for so long, so it's like you just don't you don't go through stuff. It's just kind of diloge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's call. Why would that have made the cut? This?
Speaker 2: Every single time? I guess that is like was it a scent or was it something I thought I was gonna use?
Speaker 1: This is what happens sometimes, Like Okay, when I used to write screenplays with our lovely friend Bonnie McFarlane, Yes, one of the things we would say is that if one of us was like, I don't like this part or this scene or whatever, let's cut it, and the other one was like, no, I really like it, though it stays in and you have to go back through it again. And if at some point one of you says, no, I really like I'm gonna die on this hill. We have to throw it out. You throw die on the hill? Is have to ooh that's rough. Well, you know it has to be. You have to feel passionately about it going. But the problem is you end up being like hoarders for scenes, and you end up with stuff that's in there that just stays in there because one or both of you is just like, whatever, we'll come back to that, right, you know, And then you end up with a screenplay that is you know, has a lot of like unnecessary scenes and you're like, oh, we totally forgot We never decided what to do with that. That is such a truth thing. I mean, that is yeah. That So the boustie is like a metaphor for that from college. Not even a metaphor. It's just like metaphor. It's just the same thing. It's just like you keep thinking, I'll deal with that later. I'll deal with that later. You know, it's not working in your life or in your screenplay. M I got rid of another bra. I got rid of a like very weird pale black like tried it on, also didn't fit way too tight. One boob was just completely out. You know, I'm like well, what is this for? Like who is this for?
Speaker 2: Like, because do you do the thing where when you're throwing you're like, all right, well, I wouldn't wear this out.
Speaker 1: But this is just like I literally said out loud, like this is a fun to find out. Some of it's fuck around find out. And I don't know what that means, but to me, it means just like I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go to the park, which I never do, Like when I'm in the forest, I'll wear these right then, I don't care because I'm in the forest when I.
Speaker 1: Go camping, which I am never going to do ever, right my Yeah, mine is always like oh, if I'm doing like some camping or I go if I'm gonna like be dyeing my hair, which it never really seems to matter. You don't need to have a whole bunch of clothes for dyeing your hair.
Speaker 2: Also, if I'm gonna go camping, I'm probably with somebody, and I'm probably not gonna wear like the worst pants in the world that are eight size is too big too, like those are my Sometimes I have like this pair of jeans that I don't like to fly and cute jeans because they, you know, stretch out jeans are expensive and I like jeans, and so I don't like to wear them on the plane because why like, unless I'm unless someone really like adorable is meeting me off at the airport, That's never the case. I always a chance to go uber to my friends and change.
Speaker 1: So fun my brain. I just need to tell you what my brain was doing during this part of the conversation. I was like, flying, okay, wait airline. Flying on an airline makes them stretch out. And I was hearing it as like there's something about being like in the air, yes, And I was like, and then it took me a while. It took me too long into the into this part of the conversation to go, oh, she just means she's wearing them all day on the plane. Then they don't think it is good for going out at night.
Speaker 2: But yeah, right, and they're stretching because you're just kind of like like you're hearing them for a reason, right, Uh, that's so funny. Yeah, No, because the pilot will come over and stretch them out. You know that you haven't flown in a while.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, No, you are in for it. You Yeah, you get it. You come in the pilot first, the co pilot is like takes it. He like measures, and then the pilot comes and like pulls on the waistband. You're like, that feels weird to me, right, You're like, I didn't ask. I mean, is that like included in the the ticket? Yeah? Like is that part of Oh? And I also do this thing okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I have fuck around find out jeans which are unnecessary, doesn't mean anything, right, and then I have I'll wear them someday I get I let myself have one of those. They're too tight one day, maybe they're bad and I like them, and then uh, they're kind of punk.
Speaker 1: They're like these punk play you've seen them. I wore them to a different birthday party that you were at at the well, I wore those. They're kind of like.
Speaker 2: Plaid, they're like punk g Yeah, those are cute. Their work cute, but they barely fit. They don't go with anything. They should not make the cut. If if tim Gun, So tim Gun is always in my head and we've talked about this before, but he's always in my head when I'm doing this. So I was always like no, no, the waistline's too low, they go, they must go. Like we have little poems that I've made up that Tim Gun has never said. It's kind of like, if the glove don't fit, you must get it.
Speaker 1: If the waistline you're sure, woman, you need a high waistline, Honey, let's go. Let it go.
Speaker 2: And I need him, Oh my god, He's in my mind all the time, and sometimes i'll sometimes he says, make it work. So I have like a pile of stuff that I'm like, I'll just take the norse trum and have it taken up. Yeah, I never do, or if I do, they don't.
Speaker 1: Really do it right. Nothing is right. This reminds me. Can I just tell you a topic that Okay, this reminds me so much of of my my neighborhood buy nothing group? Are you in your buy nothing group? I am not because I don't have the mind to understand what's happening. The buy nothing group is littered with people that have stuff that they're like, hey, I've got this. Oh there was one in there today that was like, I've got this car, not like a real car, but like this toy car that fell into a deep pool of water and doesn't work. But hey, if you're like technical or whatever, yeah, I have a job fixing toys. That's so I would I would love to put to have that. I would love to drive to your house, find you in your gated community, get the buzzer key to the door, come in, find your porch, get a car that doesn't work, and then spend twelve hours trying to fix it. Right what? I just don't know? What are we doing? What are we doing? What are we doing? My friend? I told you, my friend, Oh, go ahead, No, I was just gonna say, but people are they think that's so reasonable to like offer something that's going to require a lot of your time to fix, and it's easier just to like, it's really easier just to let it go. I think I think that. Well.
Speaker 2: They say there's three kinds of hoarders. Right, there's the sort of trash order, which I'll never understand. But there's something wrong, you know, there's some weird like there's some sort of self esteem thing that they think they deserve to be just in trash.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the worst one.
Speaker 2: Then there's the I will need it someday hoarder, which I guess I probably am like, I don't know what this wire is.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this cord is, but I'm not going to go get a different chord. It's right here, right, and you got a box of chords.
Speaker 2: And then there's the sentimental hoarder, which I'm probably that's my second problem, but I am able to let go of some stuff.
Speaker 1: This is like love languages, but for hoarders. Yeah, it's a real thing.
Speaker 2: But I think mine is more like I'll wear it someday. I'm going to be so mad if I throw away that belt. I haven't worn a belt. God, I can't remember the last time, probably since the nineties. I'm not really a belt person. I used to wear them with like dresses sometimes, like in the eight you know, ninety cinch a dress or something, you know, like maybe that was kind of cute or I don't know. I just was never able to really figure that shit out either. But yet I have six belts up in there, So why is that. I'll go around and.
Speaker 1: Find out what's the fuck around and find out part I don't know. That's just what my mind kept saying. I'm just trying to figure out what type of barding that is.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, I'll need it someday. Now, there have been a couple times where I kept something and then it like I brought it trotted it back out and it's adorable, and I'm like, oh, I'm so glad I kept this.
Speaker 1: It's so cute. Has happened? Let me tell you, Let me tell you if he give you a little lesson in not being that way. Okay, So they're like, John keeps a lot of cords, Like you're saying, you know, because what if you need that cord, you know, are uh not always necessarily Yeah, But so like the other day, we found Xander needed a calculator for his AP stats class, and these calculators are expensive. Now I've had to buy I had to buy one of these fancy calculators for LB when she was a senior in high school and had AP stats. Okay, so LB, we have like a drawer, kind of a drunk junk drawer, but you can always you can pretty much be sure that if there's something that's kind of worth money that you don't want to throw away, you put it in that drawer. So we find the calculator. No cord though, So one would think that this would be fuck around and find out time or you know, I might need that someday, and you'd go like, oh my gosh, well this is great because I have a whole big, you know, bit crate full of chords. Right, think about this. Who the fuck wants to then go digging around in chords and find the exact right chord that you need, and yet you have to have a big box of chords? Nobody? And guess what. I went on Amazon and do you know how much that chord was? Five dollars? No, so I ordered the chord and it came the next day. There you go and moving on. No, No, I know. The answer was not have one hundred chords right just in case. The answer was like if you if you ever do find you need the chord, then you'll get it.
Speaker 2: Listen, I get it, But can you get another boostier? No, that's the real question. I mean that that shit didn't even fit on half my body.
Speaker 1: It wouldn't it wouldn't even go around like I was loving, And why I don't even believe in that? What am I? What am I? Emma Stone going to the Emmys? I mean, for no reason because she dresses cute. I get just in a movie star. I was just trying to think of, like a move. What am I J Law? What am I j low Law? Jennifer Lawrence? Oh oh oh oh did you think that I thought that Jlo was Jylaw? Uh? Did you know? I got thinking of what's his name? Whose last name is Law? But it's a guy law, Jude Law, Like Jylaw Law gonna wear a boustier and get all dressed up in a tux and go speak at an Oscar word show. I think I'm not. I don't think I love the idea of putting the like the wrong things together. Like I don't need this poodle skirt? What am I? Hugh Jackman? Like what I don't need this kilt? That could work? No, but the kill you just like? What am I rosy O'Donnell? That doesn't quite work? No, that doesn't work. I mean can it be a kilt? Can a woman wear a kilt? Oh? Wow, yeah, that's an Oh we just oh we just broke We're like, we're like Woodward and Bernstein over here. Oh my god, we're breaking people's brains. We asked the questions, but we don't have the now.
Speaker 2: The difference with us is they would ask the questions, and then they'd investigate for years, and then they would break down the Watergate scand but they would break it down and get Nixon to resign.
Speaker 1: But we we only asked the questions. That's the only thing that we're good for. Really, We asked the questions and then we go, no, seriously, what do you think? Yeah, like, you guys figure it out? Can women? And we could google it, but I'd rather not. No, I have another thing.
Speaker 2: I watched a show, Nicole time, and I wanted to ask you about it. You can, But did you watch And I only watched it because it was mentioned on the Emmys a few times. But did you watch Dying for Sex?
Speaker 1: Yes? And I saw your post about it, and I will disagree, but go ahead, you did. Okay. What I said about it was just that I liked the show, except that I could have done without the sex part of it, which was the whole thing, which was the whole thing now. But they never really came back to Okay, can we spoil? Should we say spoiler here? I mean it's yeah, it's it's been out for you a long time.
Speaker 2: I will say that I thought that Michelle Williams was incredible, as she always is. Jenny Slate is delightful. The acting mostly was really good, so that wasn't the issue. But I know it's based on a podcast, which is itself based on like a true ish story, I guess, but about a woman who is a very story. So she's dying and she's finding out that she doesn't have much to live long to live, and I guess all this time she's been like a secret like sex, like kink, like wants to try all these like sex stuff before she dies.
Speaker 1: Well, she was in a relationship with a guy who when she got sick. First of all, their sex life was never great in the first place, but when she gets sick she feels really like kind of unwanted by him.
Speaker 2: Unwanted because he becomes like her care giver and it's a dynamic that.
Speaker 1: Is right, But she was really never able to completely like express herself with this guy anyway, right, He wasn't like So she's like, fuck it, if I'm dying, I might as well experience all the things love that for her.
Speaker 2: But does all the things have to also include a guy dressed up as a dog that she peas on. Well, I think that really happened, doesn't have to have happened. Why can't it happen. I'm not saying it can't happen. I'm just saying I don't necessarily want to. I felt like it was two different shows. I really thought it was beautiful, like what you do, like at the end of the day, your real love is your best friend, the sisterhood and the relationship with her mom that needed to heal for many reasons, and and all the stuff in hospice and like that all really resonated and I thought was beautiful. And I'm not saying there can't be other stuff that goes along with like, oh my god, I'm dying. Let me figure out who I am.
Speaker 1: I guess I just probably myself wouldn't want to watch a show that had that went to that level of whatever they were doing.
Speaker 2: Which didn't really tie back in. I didn't really get why it didn't really pay and I binged. I watched the whole thing and I was like, okay, but at the end it was really this And then the mom Sissy Space had to walk in with her peeing on a guide dressed as a dog, and I just was like, that just makes me uncomfortable for the sake. It just felt like for the sake of it, and I guess maybe it's just not my kind of show. I think that's probably what it is, because it's a lot of people liked it. I think it helps people feel less shame about those kinds stuff. I mean, I think the whole point was that you know, she was dying, so she could say, fuck it, I'm doing all of these things I do that are not maybe you know, acceptable, yes, yeah, yeah, And I like that, And I guess for me, it would just be more like, I'm going to keep this boostier. Fuck it, I'm dying, I'm going to keep the boost ye.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess, yeah, I just don't.
Speaker 2: I just felt like it was two totally different shows, and I'd be watching it for something and it would feel very profound and beautiful. I really loved Jenny Slate.
Speaker 1: Would she been in She's been in a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 2: Mean, she was a comedian for a long time, and she did a movie I think she wrote it, Marcel Dechelle, that.
Speaker 1: She did the voice for, which was adorable. But she's been in a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: She was in Girls, like a smaller part, but that's when I first noticed her, but she's been around for like decades.
Speaker 1: I just like her.
Speaker 2: I liked that relationship, the friendship relationship where she was kind of a mess and had her own issues. It was like, I, you know, know, I'm gonna I'm gonna take care of my friend, even if I'm not the best person for it.
Speaker 1: But she was actually a little funny side story about that about the whole show. So years ago, when after I did Parental Discretion, I was hired by Pop Sugar. Do you remember Pop Sugar still a website? I don't think so, but I did try to get hired there. Okay, well I got hired to play a part and I remember being so argumentative about it because it paid hardly anything. I had to go drive to like Palas Verdes, and it was like a mom's skit, like a skit I sound like now, I sound like my mom. It was a sketch, but it was about like all the different types. It was kind of hack and it was like a birthday party, and it was these different types of moms. Like there was like drunken party mom, you know, and then there was the you know, a compulsive mom or rich mom. Or whatever, And I honestly can't even remember which one I was supposed to be playing, but it was like, I don't know, sarcastic mom, let's just say. But then there was normal Mom, who was played by Laurie kil Martin. Okay, but one of the moms that I think might have been party mom, drunk Mom, was played by Nicky Boyer, who is the best friend who is in real life, the one who's show that is, oh, the best friend she did she co create it with the Yeah, it was her story. She made a podcast with her best friend when her best friend was still alive. They made a pot the Dying for Sex podcast was while she was still alive. So there's lots of interviews with the girl. It's great, that's very interesting. I would be interested to hear that. And she talks about a lot of these like sexcapades that she had and it's like a beautiful podcast and it's you know, of course so sad. But the whole thing is that they're trying to kind of have some levity about the fact that her friend is you know, has is terminal and like she's going to like live her life and start dating and they're gonna record it for this podcast. So anyway, years later, but I but Nikki and I got along on this on this like shoot, and we kept in touch a little bit. So like Jenny Slate was she did she read that way like she's really fun? Yeah kind of yeah. I love she's a little more together than I think the Jenny Slay character. She's not that like, she didn't seem like a mess. She seemed pretty normal and like cool and fun. But I just remember having such a great time with her, and then we wrote back and forth, you know, just a few times, like whatever happened to this stupid sketch? It never aired, like no, none of us could ever find it, and we had to fight for the money. Of course. I think I literally got paid like five hundred bucks and it was an all day shoot, bring your own wardrobe. It was seriously like twelve hours. Eventually I just said I had to go. I think I might have also been shooting for the Tea TV show at the same time, so it was like, why am I doing this? I somehow, like you know, the agent made me agree. Anyway, so we bitched about it, and then like a long time later, I was like, holy shit, this is your podcast. It's so good and she was very sweet, but now she doesn't follow me on Facebook or Instagram anymore. Because I was I was going to try to talk to her, but I guess she's too big for her bridges. Now, well fuck that shit. Then maybe maybe no, that's we should you should try to reach out. I mean, well, I didn't know you had a connection to the show or the pot. You know.
Speaker 2: I had not listened to the podcast. I only heard of it from the Emmys and watch right, and I just didn't Yeah, I mean, I guess if i'd listened to that, I'm sure that makes it different. No way, Actually hearing from the woman that passed like that's huge. But something just didn't feel connected. I found myself fast forwarding through a lot of the sex stuff, like I feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I was unsure.
Speaker 2: I was unsure how I felt about Rob Delaney. I like him as a human being, Like, I think he's a very interesting, cool dude, Rob Delaney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I wasn't sure if I understood who he was, and this I would agree with that. You're not going to get pushed back on that. I thought it was weird. He was like a weird kind of hero because it's like he didn't really like her for her. He liked her because she was open to having like kinky sex.
Speaker 2: It seemed like, well he liked to be Yeah, it was like Edia sum, we know all the things, we've learned, the things this is. Oh by the way, shift in bord af podcast, We're now only going to be telling our own kink stories.
Speaker 1: Is that okay? Not shaming sharing?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, he was into like being whatever, like she's the dom right, and he liked and he liked her to kick him in the balls. Yes, like you know again, not something I really definitely want to spend time with. But I know there's a lot of people out there that love that, and I.
Speaker 1: Cannot, I mean, listen. It's an artistic choice that they make, like how much of it is important, how much of it to show, how much to make it a big part of the story, made a big part of the story? Right? That was probably but I too big for you, too big for me, too big for me to see Rob Delaney go through it. But you're right. I think that they actually think they did fall in love, though I don't know in real life. Did she fall in love with a guy during this process because in the show, okay, so they added that, so that made it better for me.
Speaker 2: So for like the frudes out there like me, it was like, well, at least she found love. That's interesting, and all that was made up where it was like I love you, I love you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at the end he's not really a part of it.
Speaker 2: Well that's because she sends him away because he's like, I'll come back tonight and she's like please, don't you know. It was so sad and he was so good, like when he cried, I you know, I felt it. But I'm also watching The Morning Show that's the new season's back at it, and I am kind of hate watching it because half of it, I love, half of it is some of the worst acting I've ever freaking seen.
Speaker 1: So I'm still Jenna Aniston. Yeah, she's good.
Speaker 2: She's fine. Reese Wetherspoon's fine. They're they're not using her enough. You know who I love is Billy crut Up mm hmm. He's really good in this. But I just there's some and I'm not gonna name names, but there are a few people where I'm like, this is just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That they watch the dailies of this and let it go on. I guess you can't who. I don't want to say, because I don't all get in trouble. I don't. I'm not gonna say. It's just you'll see for yourself.
Speaker 2: You guys, watch it when you when you watch it, you're gonna see there's one person in particular. I'm not gonna give you a gender. You're gonna know, and they have a pretty big part. And it's not good. It's just like, this is kind of excruciating, and I feel as consumers we deserve better.
Speaker 1: So who do we write to? Let's write some strongly worded letters, snail mail we could call let's nail mail. If that's something that you like. If that's a word you like, I've put it back on you.
Speaker 2: We had another topic that I bet you forgot about, but we were going to talk about LinkedIn, Uh, LinkedIn, pa.
Speaker 1: You know that might be for next that might be for next week. Are we almost at a time? Oh, we're out of time? Yeah? You know what that could be?
Speaker 2: It could be for Patreon because then we can get a little bit like specific. That's a idea is join if you're not on board a f Patreon, please get on because that's really where them. I mean this magic, but that's extra extra magic, and we really do have a fun topic.
Speaker 1: It really is. It is fun, fun, extra content. And also please tune into Cringe because we've got a full plate of cringe topics for you this week.
Speaker 2: And also if you join Stephanie's OnlyFans, she will there is uh, she will pee on a person whoever wants to be dressed up as dog.
Speaker 1: She's into that, so she will be on them for you, honest, true. Just look under look go to Only Fans and look up Cecily no blur, no no, no, no, oh that's so weird. No, I prefer you not.
Speaker 2: Actually though, I have one under your name too, and it gets even kinkier. But where it's not that kind of show you might have your kids and stuff in the room. It's because Stuphanie's so fine with all that. I'm just I put it under her name instead. All right, check it out, listen love. Oh yeah, we have to say hi to our our We sure do.
Speaker 1: Like Caroline Bastion and Silvano Jimmetti and Santa Green and call It Rock and Patrick Price and Julie Turnbull and Victoria Blake and Andrea Crawford.
Speaker 2: Get Dick Frolicker, Ishan Vashepe, Carrie Maller, Karen Johnson Watson, Jacqueline Belique, I'm saying that right, but yes, yes, Victoria Blake, Jill Shaw, Athena Guha, Sean Price, Kate Denato. We have the best names. Yeah, guys have the best first and last names. And Becky Barris our friend who makes the T shirts. And I guess what, every ever T shirt I have from Becky definitely makes the cut. I keep in all those because they are soft and they wash well. I have three Becky Bears T shirts. She makes them custom.
Speaker 1: You can design your own for whatever you're doing, put your name on the back, which I did, which I love, and she makes them where you can just look at her page Basic Becky or go to her website just Basicbecky dot com. And also I want to put a plug for a charity that I think is desperately needed right now, and that is the ACLU. And in honor of Randy may Ames, please please give a donation to the ac LU so that they can fight for our rights. Things are bad right now. I don't know if you know that. And the ACLU is taking it to the courts there and they need money.
Speaker 2: Yes you guys, and be in a world of crazy, be a Randy Mayames. That's our new outro. But also we love you, we think, thank you. Sorry, yeah we're blight.
Speaker 1: Bye.