Speaker 1: Did you imagine that you will be actually launching rockets into space?
Speaker 2: Never? Never imagined you know, I'll get into rockets.
Speaker 1: Launching the first ever rocket into space. What was the experience like?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow, I think it's probably the most fantastic experience of my life.
Speaker 3: Y rockets succeed and Y rockets fain.
Speaker 2: Bold, one bolt not working, some electrical connector snapping off, or some component not being built.
Speaker 1: Well, when you launched wikram s to space, what was the aim behind that?
Speaker 2: Space is a five hundred billion dollar business local the World Economic Forum. My estimate is that it is going to become one point eight trillion dollar economy by twenty thirty five.
Speaker 1: Where does the engineer stop thinking and where does the entrepreneurs start thinking?
Speaker 2: I look at business also as engineering. Have you gone to space yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know. There are very few people a couple of people you've gone from in it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that's exactly what it is. So space is not yet open for all. Know how much time it takes to go to space? No, make a guess, maybe.
Speaker 1: A few hours, just take ten minutes, ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for example, it took me one and a half hour to come here from the airport, yes, and so that space is closer.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome. You're watching the Business Today podcast. I'm Sakshi Patra and today I take you with me to space. Well, india space story is changing faster than ever before. Until very recently, you would remember that all our space missions were entirely driven by the government.
Speaker 3: But off late things have changed.
Speaker 1: India's private startups have now started to build rockets and sending.
Speaker 3: Statellites to the space as well.
Speaker 1: And there is one company which is right at the center of this shift, and that company is sky Root Aerospace. This is the company that became the first ever startup company to have launched a rocket into space called wickram S back in the year twenty twenty two, and very recently, this is the same company that's become the first ever startup within space tech to become a unicorn as well. And to share with us the incredible journey of Skyroot Aerospace and to take us forward into a new orbit, we have with us a very special guest joining in. Let's welcome Paka, the co founder and CEE of Skyroot Aerospace.
Speaker 3: Welcome to your power.
Speaker 2: Thank you, pleasure to be here.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: It's been a pleasure to have you with us, and it's an incredible story that you have. Truly give me an understanding. You started out being an engineer in Iit tell me what was it like. Did you ever dream then and did you imagine that you will be actually launching a company, starting a company that will be launching rockets into space, and that will become the first ever company to do so outside of the government in the country.
Speaker 2: Never never imagined, you know, I'll get into rockets. But I think destiny, you know, took me there. I think I'm really excited and very fortunate to be doing what I'm doing. And but but I wanted to build a company since childhood. That has been my dream. But never imagine that I get into building a rocket company. But yeah, so I think it's really exciting to be here.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, So tell me.
Speaker 1: You know, you also went on to Isro to become a scientist after I t so in fact.
Speaker 3: With you know, your co founder there at Isroe.
Speaker 1: I wanted to understand what came into your mind that you wanted to both leave a stable government job and probably step out to create something of your own at a time when private missions were barely existing in the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, I think because I had an ambition to start a company since childhood. You always there's always that bug at the startup bug at the you know, at the back. But I was real, really super excited to be part of the space program. I was, you know, as part of the very exciting program, the India's largest rocket program at is STROW. And then, like you know, a one fine day has got a thought like if I can't we do this because really, really India has a very strong foundation for space thanks to SHROW, and the wide markets are opening up globally and it's growing at the fastest space. So I thought it was a phenomenal opportunity to start something. But we started at a time when there was no policy, there was no funding, environment, little nothing. We took the leap of faith.
Speaker 3: It's paying off absolutely, it is.
Speaker 1: I mean, launching the first ever rocket into space back in the year twenty twenty two, what was the experience Like.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, I think it's probably the most fantastic experience of my life. You know, I was right there the mission control before the rocket takes off, and I could I still remember the mixed emotion there you know, emotion of excitement because we're doing something historic, but also a lot of tension because zillion things can go wrong in a rocket launch and you know, it's being broadcasted live across the globe. So it was a very crazy experience. And finally, you know, as the rocket took off and it was it was going in the right direction, everything stable. I mean, I felt like super excited and probably one of the best experiences of my life. I still remember, you know, the whole experience because typically I had a lot of dreams of rockets failing before, and you know, when actually goes up, well, incredible experience.
Speaker 1: So what's the difference between why rockets succeed and why rockets fail?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so I always think that, you know, the difference between success and failure is very very thin, you know, very very thin. And typically, you know, some of the most trivial things can go wrong in a rocket, like you know, bolt one bolt not working, you know, so some electrical connector snapping off, you know, or like one of the systems not working, some filter not you know, doing well, or some component not being built well. You know, the very very trivial things typically go wrong and that's what is rocket science is about it. It has to be perfect, even there's no there is you have to build in such a way that nothing can go wrong every time.
Speaker 1: So give me an unerstanding for our wider audiences. When you launched wikrm s to space, what was the aim behind that and what has it done after getting launched?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so typically I think you know, many people think actually space is of the domain of governments, but in fact space is a five hundred billion dollar business global you know, it's like, in fact, on the fastest growing industries and in fact, the World Economic Forum estimates that it is going to become one point eight trillion dollar economy by you know, twenty thirty five. Space is going to become and in fact, the world's most valuable private companies a space company, you know, which is space X. So, so I think that shows the potential of space and for that, you know, the center of the space industries is rocket launching, where you need to launch satellites to space to be able to give those services, which is like a variety of services across the globe. Especially one of the biggest things is communication from space, even television, GPS, you know, Earth something on Earth observation where you click images from space and multiple industries use it, you know, including the government. It's a pretty large industry. And the center of it is actually the rocket launch, you know, going from Earth to space and then opening up the you know space for business. So that's that's where it is. And for that building a rocket which can launch satellites to orbit is center to space economy, and that's what we wanted to you know, build you know, one of some of the best rockets in the world which can launch satellite stob It was the hard Leny companies and Hardleny countries doing you know, launchers, and the world needs more access to space because you need to create connectivity for billions of people. And now you know we're talking about like even data centers in space, you know, with the lowest cost of compute is in space because you have almost like ten times more energy in space than on Earth, right so so so space will actually transform lives right here on Earth. And then it's a very attractive large business with high barriers of entry and rocket launches like at the center of it, and the most toughest nut to crack. And that's what we started off with and so we wanted to have one test rocket where we can build with less capital very quickly to demonstrate rocket technology. And for that we build W Croms which is India's first private rocket, and we built in record time from design to launch in two years and successful in the very first attem. Typically rocket launchers don't go well in the first attem and it went went to speed, cross eighty kilometers and touch space and became very successful. And then it was all done by you know, just over one hundred people team Wow and right in India, fully designed, developed, manufactured in India. We became one of very few companies who have launched the rocket to space globally. And then the purpose of it is to test technologies which can go into the commercial rocket which can put satellites into orbit. So it's much smaller rock just to imagine, it's something like a two storyed building tall rocket, but it tests majority of the technologies which can go on to a bigger rocket which can put satellites into orbit.
Speaker 1: And that okay, So rocket as high as two floors is.
Speaker 2: A small rocket is a small dog.
Speaker 3: So what's the you know, large rocket.
Speaker 2: So now we're getting to become one which can actually put a satellite in orbit. And it not only goes to space, but it goes to orbit. That means like it crosses even goes beyond four hundred kilometers and puts a satellite at a very large velocity so that it rotates around the Earth. So that's the purpose of an orbital rocket, what we call it. India's first private orbital rocket is become one and we're going to launch soon in a few weeks. And that is seven story building tall. And you need such such a big rocket to put a satellite in norbit and this is like some of the smallest rockets in the world, you know.
Speaker 3: So, and how long has it taken you to make that already? Yeah, still in the making.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it took a development of around four five years and which is one of the quickest globally. Again and then and then you know, we're set to launch soon.
Speaker 1: And what is difference between SubOrbit and orbit? You said bichrom S was in SubOrbit and one will be in the orbit, So what's the difference there?
Speaker 2: So so you know, so if you want to if you want a satellite to rotate around the Earth, which is called an orbit, you need the rocket needs to insert the satellite at something like you know, eight kilometers a second. The rocket has to give that speed to the satellite, and you should take it beyond four one kilometers so that there is no atmosphere at all there and and then like you know, leave it with that velocity of eight kilometers per second. Then it rotates around an orbit. And in an orbit you can stay for several years. The satellite stays for several years giving services down to Earth, and it has a sign optic view what we call a sign uptic cure. With that height, you can you can see watch Earth, you can give connectivity to Earth for a very wide region, etcetera, etcetera. So so I think, so that is orbital rocket. So rocket needs more energy to go to that altitude and give that much velocity to the satellite. And sub orbit means just you know, it just touches space. I mean, what we have done is a suborbital space launch where it just touches space. You know, NASA defines eighty kilometers as space. So our rocket reached eighty nine kilometers, It crossed that you know, eighty kilometers line and then mark, and then it just touched space. And it's more like it. For testing. We launch the rockede, but we use the same materials, we use the same propulsion, we use the same electronics, you know, we use the same simulation. So so all that a lot of you know, almost eighty percent of that tech got proved in that particular launch. And then we're taking the learnings to a much bigger rockete, which is seven story building tall, which can actually put a satellite into orbit. So here the sub orbit means it just touches space and falls down. It doesn't create that velocity or the altitude, you know, which can put in satellite run around death.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you know, you did say that there are very few companies and very few countries that have launched rockets so far. So why is there this gap and what were you able to fulfill and how are you able to fill that gap?
Speaker 2: Sure? So, so, as we all say, it's rocket science, so it's very very difficult to build and launch rockets to space is some of the toughest feats in engineering, and in fact, like the biggest challenge is that the rocket can be only tested when you can actually launch. You know, you can test so many things on the ground, but the real environment is the actual test. And then you know, you don't have many chances. You have to actually build it and you know, launch it and very complex and you know, and Earth's gravity well is so big that you know, you need so much energy to launch to our bit right, So it's very tough technology to crack. And in fact, India has a history of starting the space program in nineteen sixty two when doctor wickham Sarabai started in a very small church with few inspired scientists, and I saw the space program started. And there's been more than sixty years. And now we went to Moon, we went to March. We build huge rockets, we build satellites, big, big satellites. So I think there's been an incredible journey. And we build an ecosystem you know, around it for the last sixty years so and very few nations were able to build it sustain it. And also you need great geography for launching. You need to actually on you have a coast so that the rocket stages fall in the sea in safe zones and better.
Speaker 1: Is that the reason why many countries cannot.
Speaker 2: So many countries, yeah, so many countries are landlocked. There is one challenge and many countries did not take the challenging path to build a rocket also, right, So typically if you see like the larger economies doing it and like you know, whether it's US, Russia, China, you know, so they are the ones who pioneered pioneered this and so India, in fact, doctor Sarabai's vision was India should be second to none and an application of advanced technology to common man. And he believed that space can affect the life of common man, like whether it's television, whether it's radio, you know, and then started the program in nineteen sixties where many people did not dare to start a program, and it takes that much time also, you know, to get to that evolution. So India took early leaps in this and and then that's how where we are. We are among you know, very few nations, maybe eight nations, we have the capacity to launch a rocket to orbit. And we have blessed with the great geography, blessed with wonderful engineers and technocrats in the country right who have did it, who took this path, and we have government supporting it over decades. So it's a very very rare feat, you know, which happened and I think we're building on top of it. I think you know, we are not there. Skyroude will not be able to do what we're doing. We thought their CoSystem below the last sixty years by.
Speaker 1: So absolutely so you're launching Wickrem one in just two weeks from now.
Speaker 3: We're very excited for it, all the very best.
Speaker 1: It is almost one, you know, moment that the entire nation and the world will be watching very very closely as well.
Speaker 3: What's the feeling like when you do something like that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Wow, I mean like it. It's very satisfying, in fact, very satisfying to flag off the rocket from our facility to the lawn site, which we have done a few weeks ago, Okay, And I mean it's I really really know how difficult it is to actually design rocket, manufacture it, developed it, tested and make it ready to even sput to the lawn site and start operations there. Such an incredible milestone, you know, because we know how difficult. It is, very satisfying to see all come together, you know, so typically it takes sometimes decades even to do this, you know, and things go wrong and you know you need to fix it. Sometimes you get stuck and getting to this milestone itself is very satisfying, and then I think next step now it's going to get integrated at the lawn site, stacked on the launch pad and take off in a few weeks. So really looking forward to the major milestone. It's not only major milestone for sky Route and India, is also a globally major milestone because hardly very few companies in the world have achieved it so far.
Speaker 3: How many rockets have got launch so far?
Speaker 2: Like from one yeah, so, so globally they're like around like you know, five six companies for launching to orbit on a Out of that, only two companies are regularly launching to orbit. Space Sex is among the leading among them. And so that's where we are, like we're getting into a league of light list of very few companies five companies yeah, yeah, yeah so and then like that makes us also like you know, doing it from a startup with the very humble beginnings, and doing it from a country when there was no space policy and the starting opened up recently and even there's no funding environment actually to start off with, and now it's like a very very burgeoning funding environment right now everything is coming together and then doing it and taking it global, and you know doing it is very, very incredible and very satisfying journey.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, you raised recent funds and that turned you into a unicorn as well, another feat and the first startup in the space tech firm to achieve that feat as well.
Speaker 3: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: Did you very easily convince your investors? Were there too many investors? Because at such you know, a space where there are very few players, you almost have a monopoly, you know, in this kind of a situation, and all the investors would be looking at your prior success and maybe looking at what opportunities are existing. You already talked about the numbers that kind of market that it is growing to be.
Speaker 3: So was there a lot of fight and were you.
Speaker 1: Choosing the investors rather than investors choosing you?
Speaker 2: No? In fact, like I've been I always say that, like you know, for us, raising capital, raising funds has been like rocket science, you know, because because it's it's a very new sector, very few investors have exposure to this. So actually, like you know, having you know, conversations about very deep technology, no precedents before, very few companies in the world you know doing it globally. It's a difficult, a tough challenge even for investors to even fathom that something of that can happen and become into a very successful business. So I think it's been a very challenging journey to be able to cross that bridge. And I think until Wickrems launch, I think we had a tough time raising capital. But after that it became like, you know, fairly I would say, like not that difficult, but still difficult, but not that difficult because that proved a lot of capability and we've done it in record time, record costs, and we approved that you know, engineering is really works in flight. And so I think after that it has been relatively similar, but still challenging. And and then like I think we I always believe that uh, you know, fundraising and there, whether it's you know, valuations, et cetera, as all by product of the good work, focused work which is happening. And like you know, how we are, you know, get getting ready for the future, and very fortunate that we have wonderful investors backing our vision and our journey and many of them were new to the space sector as well, and you know, so and they're all taking the bet on the space sector, taking a bed, many of them first time uh in the country as as well, Like you know, investing in something deep tech, it's it's it's just something happening very for the first time.
Speaker 1: I would say, absolutely, So this is an exciting space. Is there any ask from your investors at this stage? Usually investors when they invest in startups, they always look at ruh, They always oka at, you know, how fast can their money double, triple, multifold. What's their ask in this space since they're also experimenting for the first time and they know that the risks are fairly large, larger than any other sector, that you would be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And in fact, like I think we had a very I would say, like the most incredible set of investors because the first three four years were mainly funded by entrepreneurs who made it a big you know, like so we had like you know, angel investors who made it build successful companies backing us and the initial years you know, and they're in for the long run, They're in for the journey, you know. And then from there you have some of the world's largest funds. We you know, graduated to like you know, get the interest of like one of the world's largest funds backing us, right, so it'd been like a very good set of investors who think very long term, and it is, I mean, space is a very long journey always. I mean, like you can build incredible you know companies when you can wait long just and periods are longer. But we exactly got the right set of investors, I would say. And growth also has been quite good so far. I'm like, you know, we started very very early on. You know, we're not even eight years old. And then and I'm now from you know, starting off with like some like five six million dollars valuation to like, you know, across a billion dollars now, so it's been growth has been like incredibly fast as well. But of course, you know, so it's very still very beginning phase of the journey, I would say, a long long way to go, and and I think this year will be a landmark year for us as we take off it from one, get into commercial launching and join this alight club in the world where like you know, launching satellites stop.
Speaker 1: It absolutely so tell me, you know, you have been an engineer and an entrepreneur as well, So where does the engineer stop thinking and where does the entrepreneur start thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So in fact, I don't look at both differently. That's I think really helped me a lot. Okay, because I've seen many people thinking I'm a great engineer or a scientistory of technolog so business is not my forte, right, So but I look at it as everything is problem solving, you know, like for example, I look at business also as engineering, you know, so it's it's I look at using the scientific method, like you know, so bring it to fundamentals, you know, break it down, break the problem down, logical reasoning, find solutions, experiment it. If it doesn't work well, really worked out really well. And also if you've seen some of the greatest entrepreneurs engineers and you know, because because they are tuned or trained to have that scientific thought process, right and h and also like very open to experimentation, very agile, you know, problem solvers have good judgment, right, So I think that really helped them. And I didn't look at it differently. I lookdated the same same ecosystem. In fact, like when starting the company, I didn't even know what is equity. I didn't know how to raise capital nothing, literally everything from I had to learn from scratch. That really helped because I had no baggage. You know, I have no learnings to unlearn, so I've learned everything from scratch. And then just at first, like Speechlight is like, uh, you know, yeah, so we're building a rocket company and you know, and it's very exciting times globally, and it's a very growing, interesting market with very large barriers to entry. And uh. And then like I've been you know, a part of the rocket industry fort quite some time. You know, if you can feel the opportunity, can feel the tech, can build the tech, and it is the right opportunity for India as well to build it, you know, and there's a great foundational elements like you know, great talent, grad geography, grad ecosystem. Everything is built so and we can build like large global companies is the global market and India can in fact, like building a company from India can glow global, especially in deep technology from space.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you're also looking at geographically a lot of clients that could be coming into you as well. So give me and I'm standing there as well, how are you approaching, what kind of companies are approaching you, and how things proceed from here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so in fact, like there are like quite a few, you know, maybe a few hundred satellite companies across the globe, some all some very big, and many of them planning constellation of satellites across the around the ear or a period of time, especially in the last next one decade. And and all of them need access to space. They have very limited options today and especially you see like many of them come from US, Europe, Southeast Asia and uh you know, in Japan, and you know, different different regions across the globe. And then like you know, and space is global, you know, and and we're talking to almost all the key key people who are planning constellations, and yeah, looking forward to working with them as we launched to keep launching to space.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: When you talk about wikrom one, you know, at your Infinity Center, we saw Prime Minister Moody flagging that off. What was the moment like to meet Prime Minister Modi? What did he say to you at this.
Speaker 3: Point in time?
Speaker 1: Is there a vision that he wants you to fulfill for the country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so so in fact, I pinch myself every time, you know, so so Modiji, you know, inaugurating our facility himself and also like you know, talking really wonderful things about Sky Route and as you know, as founders that we took that leap of faith and started the company. And uh he said that you know, nation is very proud of you, and you know, and and also like says that Infinity is like the very great uh you know, symbol of youth in the country and you know what, how youth are thinking in the country, et cetera. A sort of very inspiring to see you know, the Prime Minis of the country, you know, lauding the efforts. You know, it really felt very very satisfying, you know, looking at that and and that that actually is a really good uh you know, uh inspiration for us to even push ourselves farther much better. And uh and then like you know, really it's uh it gives us energy to run faster, you know, do things better and uh yeah, sort of Infinity facility is also like a landmark facility. And I mean we built the largest facility by the private sector in India which has a capacity to build one orbital rocket every month. Every month, every month is a capacity. But we are yet to get there, to get to the production of the scale. But yeah, we build the capacity to get there.
Speaker 1: Okay, And uh, you know, do you see this launch of wikrom one as India's own SpaceX moment?
Speaker 3: Are we there yet? What's the future looking like for us?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I think like it's a great moment for India because you know, a private company, you know, building a rocket and launching a rocket to space is unprecedented. And uh and then like you know, opens up India to a wide global market, which is today India's sits set around two percent of the global space market and the ambition is to take it to eight to ten percent in the next five to seven years. So I think that that's I think that's a great ambition aspirational target to have and that needs private initiatives, private investment and growing fast, you know, collaborating with the government and then moving fast competing globally. And this is I think is a new chapter, like you know, when one will take off and start launching satellite orbits, a new chapter for India joining in a light club of companies and countries in the world where a private company is a wile to launch saterist to space.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Did you also have a chance to meet or talk to Elon Musk and what do you think not yet?
Speaker 2: Not yet. In fact, he's been a great inspiration for me. In fact, uh, you know, I've been following him since my college days. And incredible feats he has done. I mean, he's pushed the boundaries of you know, what humans can do, you know literally you know, uh and uh. And how he works and how he looks at engineering, how he builds great teams, really really inspiring, and what he has achieved is incredible. In fact, it's it gives it gave a fillip to the entire space industry globally, you know, it's just uh, it helped governments invest more, it helped investors look at the sector friendly, you know, it helped more entrepreneurs coming. And it was very inspirational what he has done. And I think like the space Hector owes him a lot.
Speaker 3: And did he have any role in inspiring you to get into this space?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think it's one of the key, one of the few inspirations. In fact, like Elons one inspiration and doctor Wickrum Sarabai is one inspiration.
Speaker 1: Because have you named after him?
Speaker 2: Because in fact, a tribute to him, because I look at him as an entrepreneur who started the space program in nineteen sixties. You know, that's how you know it took the bold is he he had the best life and he in fact he wanted to take become a scientist and you know, you know push space indust in India start started. He thought like India should be second to none and technologies especially like space, and his space program in a very small church in a fishing village. You know, it's very small set of scientists convincing the government to start the space program. I see it is like a really good entrepreneurial spirit happening in nineteen sixties. That inspired me. Also, you know, take that bold leap and start start the company. And also what we're doing today is because the ecosystem is built. You know, that's why we rocket as we come. And in fact, just to give an idea, like the next rockat we're going to launch, have more than four hundred suppliers all from India, and the rocket is one hundred person designed in India, hundred person manufactured in India, mostly sourced within India, that ecosystem and launched from India and with a great geography, and I think it's all happened because Doctor started as space program in nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 1: So today we have reached that space where India is second to none and we have all the capabilities just like how global companies like SpaceX have, Yes, you know, and do you think we can become as.
Speaker 3: Big as SpaceX?
Speaker 1: Ever, what's the kind of journey we will that take?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the potential is there. You know, how value we solve problems and how fast we get there is the question. And I think we had like very strong advantages, like you know, we're incredibly capital efficient, very incredible engineering resources available in the country, great jog you like I mentioned, greater ecosystem already built in you know, and so I think all the ingredients are there. You know, it's how fast and how better you can solve the problem. And I think SpaceX is almost now, I think a twenty five old company, So it takes time as well, you know, to build like such as it has that snowball effect. You know, as you as you as a build bigger, you have a more leverage to grow faster. So yeah, I think very early phase for us, but I think we can get there.
Speaker 3: Pavan.
Speaker 1: I also wanted to ask you will there also be a time when you're saying that so many rockets will start launching. You yourself have a capacity of building one rocket every month, and more and more companies will come to you to send their satellites into space. Will it also, you know, create the need for having many more companies like you?
Speaker 3: What's the kind of opportunity you see? There?
Speaker 1: Is this space also going to get increasingly competitive?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I think you know, there will be a few companies will make it on a regular basis. The best problem solvers will be definitely and uh, you know, but but the space is a lot I mean, like the opportunity is a lot for more people. But but I think very few people will actually make it because I know how difficult it is. And uh uh you know, even we are still in the early phase because you have to prove a lot going forward in the commercial space. And yeah, there's still opportunity for a few and uh, but but it will not definitely not be crowded because it's it's it's very very difficult to make it and the early players and the people who disrupt with new and disruptive technologies will definitely make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, as an entrepreneur, also wanted to ask you, is space the best sector to invest in right now?
Speaker 3: For all the investors who are watching you right now?
Speaker 2: I would say yes, because, you know, because I can feel it, I can see it. Uh and uh. And in fact, it's a it's there's high barriers to entry market, the market is large, it's a blue ocean. And uh, it's it's it's it's global market and India has fundamental advantages. I think like it's the best, it's just the best sector to invest in.
Speaker 1: And you've already reached this unicorn stage. What's next for you now? Now it's the milestone.
Speaker 2: The next milestone is launching from one to orbit, you know. So so it's the first test flight, so we may require more test flights, you know, to be able to prove orbital capability. And once we prove obital capability reliably, being able to sustain obital flights for a long time and be able to produce the rockets in large numbers and keep launching them reliably is a big challenge to solve. And and then of course, you know, we're a business, you know, getting into revenues profits, you know, And then like investing of that and the future developments, future technologies, bigger vehicles, you know, all that is very exciting. I think the roadmap ahead of us.
Speaker 1: So you've had so many firsts in your journey so far. Will you also be the first ever space tech startup to you know, do an IPO and get listed on the stock markets.
Speaker 2: It's difficult to save and right now we're not thinking IPO a bit early right now, but still, you know, difficult to tell right now, but our just focuses in building and launching good rockets right now.
Speaker 1: You've also started off the company scheduled with the ambition of open space for all.
Speaker 3: That's the line that you use, tagline that you use.
Speaker 1: So given understanding, what does it really mean opening space for all? Is it too meant for private sector that you're talking about, or is it meant for everybody who dreams of going to space someday?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So have you gone to space yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't know. There are very few people. A couple of people have gone from.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that's exactly what it is. So space is not yet open for all, and that's what we want to make it, you know, open for all. So start with like you know, open for satellite companies to launch their satellites and large numbers, but eventually, you know, to launch human's cargo maybe one day settlements in space, you know. So that's that's the dream, that's aspray, and we're taking it step by step, you know, with the first step of we did a sub orbital launch to space, and orbital launch to space, and then we grow bigger and you know, hopefully like you know, maybe one day, you know, we launch humans to space.
Speaker 1: Right, and so will that become like a common question to ask what you asked me today, have.
Speaker 3: You gone to space?
Speaker 1: Will that become you know eventually like have you gone to some you know, country abroad?
Speaker 3: Will come as common as that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think so. And and in fact, so do you know how much time it takes to go to space?
Speaker 3: Make a guess, maybe a few hours.
Speaker 2: Just take ten minutes, ten minutes, yeah, So for example, it took me one and a half hour to come here from the airport. Yes, and so that when space is closer oh my god, humans, yes, yeah, so so so rockets typically take ten fifteen minutes to reach an orbit in space. And so that's how fast the rockets are and then you know, so that was space is so close than what we imagine, and it's just that the gravity well is so big that you know, it's so expensive today and it's not still so reliable for us to go to space. But I think that's going to change, you know soon, and in just a few decades, I think it's become as common as taking a flight, and and and then that requires the evolution in rockets. We should go from like today, on average, one rocket launch happens every day globally, and then probably it will in the future it'll be several hundreds a day, several thousands a day like flights, just like flights, and that's where we are a cusp of that transformation. But if you see, like for example, in early nineteen nineteen hundreds, you know, when the aircraft's the first the right brothers took off right, so there's just a few flights, you know, and now like millions of flights taking off right, So it's it's a that journey. And now it's like you know, over one hundred years and this have and in space. The first space launch happened in nineteen fifty seven or so Hostbital you know mission the Sputnik launch, and so still we are very early phases of the space and I think that will soon transform into you know, going to probably like all of us taking a flight, taking a holiday in space sometime and coming back. It's it's going to happen soon.
Speaker 3: When are you going to space?
Speaker 2: I would I would love to go to space, you know. And and now I now just focused on, you know, launching satellites to orbit now. But hope will you know, grow weak to eventually you know, be able to put humans in space as well?
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Well that's the dream that you continue to dream on so that we can also ever in our lifetimes, in our current lifetimes, be able to launch into space. Well, it's been a pleasure to speak to you, bobn. There's so much more that we can go on to discuss, but we'll wrap it up on that note. But all the very best for VIKRM one. We're all glued to you and all the very best wishes to you. This is going to be successful and we're all watching out for this proudest moment that India will have by way of you launching Wickreme want to space.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks a lot, such thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure