Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel and FM ninety six to nine in the games.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Bianchi Jr. R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page wroughtch you by Coffin and Lend Injury Attorneys. Good morning, Mike the Bulldog BYANCHI who is I'm sure you've got the luxury condo all buttoned up there deep in the battles of Metro West somewhere.
Speaker 4: I have battened down the hatches and I'm ready to roll. Yes, I prepared Walmart by the way across the street for it was like a zoo yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So anyway, sports, of course pales in comparison to the other aspects of our lives that are going to be impacted form. But there is a huge impact on sports in the area. The the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, they've I think they're leaving this morning. They head to New Orleans where they're playing Sunday. Obviously, the storm is going to impact the Tampa Bay area. The Lightning's preseason game last night was canceled. That that's the game that was rescheduled from the last week's hurricane or two weeks ago. Was it two weeks ago?
Speaker 2: It's all running together. Yeah last week, but who knows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, college sports are also going to be impacted. The UCF, we don't know what's going on. They canceled some sporting events, a volleyball match and some other sporting events. We don't know what's gonna happen with their game on Saturday. As of right now, their Big twelve game against Cincinnati still scheduled for three point thirty pm kickoff. You know, hopefully that remains the case, but you don't know what's gonna happen with the storm. I'm at first responders police. They're gonna maybe be needed elsewhere and they are part of the normal game day functions that happened. So we don't know if the UCF game is gonna go on as scheduled, but as of right now, it's supposed to be. Also, high school football games throughout the area have been canceled. There were a bunch of games on Thursday, Thursday, I think twenty three games throughout the area. Those have been canceled and rescheduled, hopefully for Monday night. So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got to be.
Speaker 3: It's literally a wait and see what this thing brings in the aftermath. So's we're all. We're all on the same page with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no question. The Chiefs last night stayed unbeaten. They were the old school Chiefs, by the way. Last night they beat the Saints twenty six to thirteen, and they did it with Patrick Mahomes throwing for a bunch of yards three hundred and thirty one. Travis Kelsey caught a bunch of passes nine catches.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you old Kareem Hunt? Hold on, Travis kelcey, did you hear Troy Aikman last night? Hold on? Here you go.
Speaker 4: There's Kelsey makes some move and he's out.
Speaker 2: A bounce and misslikes it, and you know the missus likes it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Kata was there last night. Yeah, old Kareem Hunt, who was on the street a couple of weeks ago. He comes in the Signs with the Chiefs ran twenty seven times for one hundred and two yards and a touchdown last night. The Chiefs are unbelievable. That's why Andy Reid is one of the great coaches of all time. The man adjusts, he adapts. The Chiefs are dealing with a bunch of injuries this year, and they're actually winning with their defense. I mean, Derek carl only had one hundred and eighty five yards passing last night. Alvin Kamara just twenty six rushing yards on eleven carries. I meant the Chiefs defense they held Derrick Henry to forty six yards Bjon Robinson and the Falcons they held him the thirty one yards. This season, their defense has been really good. And Andy Reid again, no doubt he's one of I would say he's one of the top five top five coaches of all time.
Speaker 1: And whose team has that been? Since before they even won a Super Bowl, they've been your team.
Speaker 2: Damn.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they were your team before they won a Super.
Speaker 2: They were, they were, I'm not so sure.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: As soon as.
Speaker 1: Peyton Manning retired and the young one came up, I said, you told me he was good in college. Pat I started, you know, checking him out, recruiting, doing all ni l all that.
Speaker 4: I think he were on the Bucks bandwagon with bread.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I vaguely remember something I liked.
Speaker 1: The Bucks at the time because Evans, But no, it was cheefs.
Speaker 2: Thank you all right.
Speaker 4: Major League Baseball Royals beat the hated Yankees last night. That series tied one all Tigers beat the Guardians with a home run in the bottom of the ninth. Emmanuel class A, the Cleveland's all star closer, gave up the home run. The guy hadn't given up a since August the thirtieth, and the Tigers beat the Guardians last night. Other sports news, the Magic lose their preseason opener. Nobody really cares about who wins preseason opers. But the bigger news the Magic extended Wendell Carter Junior. They're starting center. He gets a contract extension. The Magic are just they're running it back. They're they're re signing all of the players they have, from Franz Wagner to Mo Wagner to Jonathan Isaac. All these players are getting extensions. So the Magic are all in on their roster and Palo is going to be up for a big, big extension next season.
Speaker 3: One O six one oh four was the final for those of you charting it on your Excel spreadsheets.
Speaker 4: By the way, vander but you see Vanderbilt got fine for rushing the field part of the.
Speaker 3: Sec Yeah, but but they only got the first time offender one hundred and fifty thousand dollars fine that they had had to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're a first and last time of it.
Speaker 1: Do they have to pay for for the goal post? How does that go? Were they the goalposts? We're at the bottom of the river.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 4: I think the fire department rescued the goalpost.
Speaker 1: But who has to pay for the school absorbs that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but props to the Vandy fans for the three mile parade of the goal post through downtown Nashville and culminating with the dunking into the Cumberland River.
Speaker 2: That was a fantastic.
Speaker 3: All right, dog, all right, uh, stay safe, Well, we'll be here tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be here with us.
Speaker 4: Right, good, good, Lord Willing and the creeks don't rise? Is that what they say?
Speaker 3: Now? We should be okay tomorrow morning. It's the live action won't be kicking until later on on Wednesday. So with that, Mike the Bulldog Byonkey, host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six ninety game, he takes a few minutes out of his show to join us here on j R. For the Sports page each morning, brought to you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 4: Listen to under Oath with attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning seven point thirty FM ninety six y nine the game. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oh.
Speaker 2: Oh Origendako on demand to download the iHeartRadio app from the Bogan Monday,