Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: I think about kam r C, the talk station after Friday.
Speaker 1: Say, well, there it is.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a Friday when Joe Chucker hits a woo hoo button and happy Friday to you. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be and it is Friday, So that means Tech Friday is coming up at six thirty. Always love talking to Dave Hatter Tech Friday. Uh coldplaygate. You probably know what that is. Uh, well, a reminder that cameras are everywhere. That's the boiled down version of the first topic we'll talk about with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter. I suppose if you're having an affair, which is all that that Coldplaygate thing is all about, you got the human resources director at the company, You got the company's CEO. I think they both are married to other people. I know he the CEO was regardless caught on camera engaged in you know, obviously amorous conduct. Nothing really you know, obscene or anything, but clearly they look like a couple, right. I wouldn't have my arms wrapped around a woman in that fashion were I not involved with her in some you know, sort of maybe intimate way. It's not the way you embrace just a close friend. It's like being at the baseball game. You know, sometimes they just boom, they zoom in on the crowd. It's a public place, right, You're out in public. Just so happens that you got caught on the well, the kiss cam. Wouldn't you think about being seen in public with someone if you're gonna engage in that type of embrace in public, whether or not there is a camera out there looming about. You're in a room full of well, how do people you think were there? Joe? Twenty thousand people? Is a Coldplay concert? Right? Yeah, whatever, you're gonna put you on the spot. Maybe just maybe one of your colleagues from work might see you. Maybe, you know, I'm anyhow, that was a life transforming moment for the UH, for the for the for that pair. Anyway, all US forces must assume their networks were hacked. Yeah, got this Microsoft hacked, This SharePoint software hacked. That's infected all kinds of computers out there, many systems impacted by that one. And when artificial intelligence commits a crime, who is to blame? I'm not sure what crime we're talking about here. We'll of course have Dave had or to dive into that, but one might easily gravitate towards the programmers. Less artificial intelligence is a free thinking, independent entity that formulates its own thoughts and ideas. Can you still can you hold it accountable? Anyway? It's just processing ones and zeros Anyhow, programming in a garbage in, garbage out, I suppose, and if you program it to it can commit a crime, then well it can commit a crime, and then that will be the fault of the programmers. That's where I'm going to follow on that one. We'll talk with Dave beginning at six point thirty. Senator John Hugheston joins the program at seven oh five, host of Topics to talk about with the Senator Heart for Seniors Patty Scott returns Heart for Seniors. Awesome charity, awesome, awesome, awesome. I love having her, her enthusiasm and what she's been able to do for seniors that are in assisted living facilities is just absolutely fantastic. It's a beautiful thing to behold. It's uplifting. It is something that's great for a Friday, and I'm glad she's back on the program. At seven thirty, Give Us an update and really excited about the segment she is. She apparently has some good news to pass along to all of us, So put a smile on your face. On a Friday at seven thirty with Patty Scott from Hard for Seniors, Jess ober it is time another smiley faced discussions eight oh five with Jess Obert Peyton's Lemonade, Stan, What an amazing story behind that one. Just to just again thank you, Joe. It's an uplifting Friday. And finally at a thirty Brian Miller Building Industry Association of Northern Kentucky. I'm going to talk about gen Z shifting to the trades and the greater Cincinnati era Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. What a great idea that is actually an opportunity for real employment and a career opportunity. How about that no four year college and two hundred thousand dollars in student loan debt to pay off after you leave with your maybe worthless degree depending upon which one you well got while you were spending two hundred thousand dollars going to college for four years five three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three tak pound five fifty on AT and T Funds. Every Tuesday, I have Daniel Davis on the program The Deep Dive with Daniel Davis, retired Lieutenant colonel. We used to talk about military things. He's got his own program, his own podcast, Daniel Davis Deep Dive. I was on it yesterday. Yeah, he invited me. I showed up. It was noontime and we had a discussion about a whole variety of topics and uh, toward the end of the discussion pivoted over to the situation with Israel and Gaza, and apparently that's where I stepped in it. A lot of people watched it. I posted it on Facebook, and this is you know why I don't go on social media. You know, the trolls come out of nowhere when they hear something that they completely disagree with, and they can be very, very nasty and mean with their comments. So I'll see twenty one thousand, seven hundred and seven views that have watched that interview that I had with Daniel Davis. And again, it was just posted yesterday around one o'clock. Twenty one thousand people have already seen it. A lot of people pissed off of me. And say I'm a Zionist and I'm an idiot. All right, I'm sorry. I This is exactly why I don't go on social media because I don't want to deal with the comments. But there I was. But it was a fun conversation with Daniel Davis. I really liked that guy, and so we did it back and forth worth on a whole host of topics. So if you're interested in checking it out, you can just type in Daniel Davis, Deep Dive and Brian Thomas together on YouTube you'll find this segment. Or if you're friends with me on Facebook, you can watch it anyhow. I'm an idiot, Joe, I'm an idiot, not worth listening to. Yeah, you can keep that SoundBite, you know me, I'm self deprecating. I call myself an idiot all the time. You can call in and call me an idiot too if you like, Uh, do we need to change him? I don't know where to start. So when I started here some positive news. I was pushing on good news on a Friday, and look many speculating that the Biden administration intentionally left the border open. There was a poll on that the other day. It's like who wouldn't conclude that it was a strategy they wanted open borders. It was an obvious reality, and we can, of course just compare now versus then, and then wasn't even that long ago when tens of thousands of people were coming across the borders every single day. New administration, new sheriff in town. It immediately stops. Congress didn't do anything to change the law. The June Southwest Land border encounter support from the United States Customer Border Protection shows even a bigger decrease in migrant encounters, the lowest number of encounters in a single day, and that's across the entire the spectrum of years they've been keeping track of this. Only one hundred and twenty eight people encountered. That doesn't mean they were let in the country. June twenty eighth and written statement, CBP Commissioner Rodney Scott said, from shutting down illegal crossings to seizing fentanyl, enforcing billions in tariffs, customs and border patrols delivering results on every front under this administration. Thank you for giving them credit. We are protecting this country with relentless focus, and the numbers prove it. Border agents apprehended eighty twenty four migrants who illegally crossed the border in June, described as a historic new low. The arrest of six thousand, seventy two illegal aliens crossing the Southwest border between ports of entry and June represent a decrease of fifteen percent from the previous record set in March. Trump administration also set the record for the lowest number of migrants illegally crossing the border in a single day June twenty eighth, again, one hundred and thirty six. That's it, comparing that to the Biden era single day record of more than thirteen thousand. It's just said here, for the second month in a row, not a single migrant who was apprehended after illegally crossing the border was admitted into the United States. It's amazing what one change of administration can do in terms of dealing with the overwhelming influx of the illegal immigrants coming into our country. The Biden administration so new sheriff in town, no new laws on the books, just enforcing the ones that we've already got on the books. And this is the result. Any question in your mind that the Biden administration, and not only I think not only just didn't enforce the current laws and kept people out, but encouraged people globally to come across the border. They telegraphed the message. Mainstream media was talking about it constantly, and then for the first couple of years. I mean, you didn't even hear from the mainstream media. It was if it was it was something that didn't exist with the exception of like Fox News and Breitbart. Look look at the video of the thousands of people coming across our border. Did you see that on NBC, CBS, MSNBC or the other so called legacy mainstream media outlets. Know they were in a state of denial or at least not willing to pass that information along to you. Congratulations to the Trump administration. We finally have some well semblance of law and order on our southern border. Five sixteen five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk pound five fifty on eight and T phones. Feel free to call, love to hear from you, be right.
Speaker 3: Back fifty five KRC. You've got ops for everything you did.
Speaker 2: Keep that one five twenty not on Friday.
Speaker 4: Let me yeah, five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred and eighty two to three, Talk Found five fifty on eight and t Funds.
Speaker 2: Remember fifty five care Sea dot Comedy. Can't listen live if you're not gonna be around six thirty Protect Friday with Dave Hatter. It's a great segment to listen to. He'll keep you out of trouble if you just listen to him.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: We had Corey Bowman on the program last yesterday and good Man Corey Bowman running from Ayir vote for him. Dave Williams Taxpayer Protection Alliance. Always an opportunity to check out the podcast fifty five care Sea dot com anyway, why not stick with immigration?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: The Justice Department has sued New York City over their sanctuary policies, calling them unconstitutional limitation on police and correction officers cooperating with federal immigration enforcement, and they claim is a illegal no no Bob Brooklyn. The suit lists several local policies that the Department of Justice say violate the government's well established, pre eminent and preemptive authority to regulate immigration. Yeah, New York City has long, in the orders of the complaint, long been the vanguard of interfering with enforcing the country's immigration laws. Its history as a sanctuary city bates back to nineteen eighty nine, and its efforts to thwart federal immigration enforcement have only intensified since they've heard time and time again, you know, immigration is the exclusive purview of the federal government. States don't make their own immigration laws. You have to comply with the federal government's laws on immigration. And of course New York stands in the way of the federal government deavoring to enforce the laws that are on the books. Federal governments seeking access to information about detained migrants in New York who are in the country illegally, detained in other words, in prison. Federal government seeking for information like, for example, the release dates, court appearance dates, custodial status. It seems a reasonable request. They say, criminal migrant should be transferred directly into the federal custody by local law enforcement, eliminating the need for immigrations and customs enforcement raids in New York City. See, therein lies the problem. The federal government has a legal right to pick these people up. They are in the country illegally and they are being incarcerated. Now New York is just saying no we're not gonna let you know anything. Yeah, we got a bunch of these guys locked up. They committed all kinds of heinous crimes or even minor crimes, but youah, the lock up. We're not going to let the federal government know we've got them. They're right there in a safe space behind bars where they can't do anyone any harm or at least very limited opportunity to do it. They're going to be let out at some point. New York knows when that's gonna happen. And if they're subject to federal incarceration, which they are under federal law, why wouldn't you just hand them over to the federal government. That way, you don't have to run around and scream about these evil ice raids going on. Oh my god, they're invading rest they're going into businesses, they're going into restaurants, they're arresting your neighbor. Well under the current well procedures, under the current protocol, ice is seeking to get rid of the worst of the worst, you know, like, for example, the ones that have been arrested for crimes that are locked up in your prisons. Do you, as an elected official really want those elements released back into your sanctuary city community. You have a great opportunity here to get rid of them conveniently by working with the federal government. Instead of obstructing the federal government, let them do their job to say, listen, you fill in the blank. Guy in prison for molesting a child going to be out on bail on Thursday. You might want to show up and pick him up, one less chold molester on the street. Instead, you have ICE agents, masked or unmasked, coming around, invading your neighborhood and disappearing people in the middle of the night or whatever. And maybe that's exactly what the argument is they want. They don't cooperate with the federal government. They ignore federal law, They deny federal government the opportunity to enforce what is its exclusive right to enforce, and that's US immigration law, and therefore invite them to come into your state and kick indoors like they're in Fallujah looking for terrorists.
Speaker 1: You did this.
Speaker 2: Merely by cooperating with the federal government and telling them where these people are and when they're going to be released from incarceration. You've avoided the whole situation. Well that, of course, takes a talking point away from the Democrats, doesn't it. They can't pay ICE as the evil bad guys. Looking at them coming into raiding areas and stores or wherever they're going. Oh, look at these evil Nazi masked jack boot thugs. This is your federal government. Shut up. Most of America wants these molesters and these rapists and these murderers and these crime committers off the streets. They shouldn't be here in the first place. They violated the law by coming here in the first place. Let ICE do its job. That way, they won't have to interact with the grandmother or the mom of three kids that lives down the street that's been as a model citizen for the past several years getting caught up in a broader ICE raid that had to be done because you sanctuary city or state refused to cooperate with the federal government and let them know where they are. Five twenty six. Right now, fifty five k see the talk station, got some local stories coming Up'd love to hear from you. The've got a common feel free to call. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Channel nine. First Warning weather forecast Heat Advisory in effect and till.
Speaker 1: Eight pm and maybe extended beyond that.
Speaker 2: Though they're saying today's high ninety one, hot and very humid, maybe a chance of afternoon range clear warm overnight seventy four for the low ninety two. The height tomorrow mostly sunny, very humid. Afternoon showers and storms are a possibility, clouds over nineteen seventy five and on Sunday afternoon showers and storms are a possibility. Otherwise, mostly claddy and a high of ninety seventy degrees Right now, because you about the cares the talk stations five thirty Joe Strecker born in the loss of Bozzie Osbourne, Darnel, Hull, Cogan, Bumper songs are there, Joe.
Speaker 1: Nothing or any good? Fair enough?
Speaker 2: And before I get to Tom, who's on the line five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight two three talks Joe Strecker recipient of his unclaimed fun check. That's right, the same fund from which six hundred million dollars would be transferred to the Cleveland Browns. Subtract three dollars and a few cents from that amount, because Joe Strecker got his three dollars and change check from the unplaying funds. Congratulations, Joe Strecker. How much time did it take for them to process and send that to you? Probably more than three dollars in change worth of effort. I can't read your text verbatim. I can never read your text verbatim. Joe FCC would have my job, although do I have a boss? I was kind of wondering about that. I mean, I actually kind of wonder the day I get fired, who's going to come in here and do the job. You're not saying anything. You stay out of that. When Tom Welcome to the Morning Show, and Happy Friday to you many morning.
Speaker 7: Is this the idiot I'm not supposed to be listening to Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 7: The feeling I'm going to go out on a limb here, Brian and say you probably had worse things said about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have said worse things about me. Then we're said on their posts from the Daniel Davis Deep Dive interview, and.
Speaker 7: All that makes me do is want to make sure I watch that. That's all that did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we put that up.
Speaker 7: He had the reverse effect of what you apparently are trying to atomplish.
Speaker 2: We talked about Epstein documents. We talked about the situation and with Russia and Ukraine, we talked about the the the Tulsi Gabbered document release, and we talked about Israel and Gaza, and all of the comments were about Israel and Gaza. Nobody likes me pos well, at least the ones that were bothering to post like my position relative to Israel and Gaza. So that's the area of the category apparently where I'm a complete idiot find whatever. Draw your own conclusions of opinions are like sphincters. We all have them, and we are all entitled to them, and of course they're in time to make their comments.
Speaker 7: Right, and not only that, they all stink. So, yeah, Israel seems to be the one that brings up the most emotion. Yeah, of the whole situation, and that is obviously what leads to charge. You must have hurt someone's feeling, right, That's I mean, that's and I'm not and I'm kind of being sarcastic, but it's it's very serious. The the story that got my attention this morning, By the way, when I when I turned the computer on this morning, the first thing I usually do is go to the weather page, Channel II weather page, and it was four o'clock in the morning, and it said eighty degrees. That is not right, that can't be possible. That's just ridiculous. But anyway, I pull up stuff and I'm looking at a few articles and I saw the one in Oregon where a woman finally got an appeals court to rule in her favor. She was denied the right to adopt to siblings who were I think at the time, were around nine years old. She was trying to adopt these two siblings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a.
Speaker 7: Christian woman and God forbid, was trying to adopt two kids, and Oregan did not let her do it, to deny her request because she would not agree to go along with the gender affirming whatever the child wanted to be or fields as far as gender was concerned. And so they denied it, and she went to court and the first judge went along with Oregon. And the thing that got me was the judge said, you say your love and support these children, but it doesn't sound like the kids will feel loved and support it. Excuse me. When does a child's feelings supposed to come into a legal decision then, And that's what we've come to people's feelings are more important and right versus wrong than the letter of the law or whatever your feelings a less. Of course, you're like us and you're straight white males and you have conservative values. But other people's feelings are more important than the law. It's absolutely ridiculous. But this is part of the play.
Speaker 8: It.
Speaker 7: This is how this is how the left gets things done because they they play on people's emotions. That's why the the whole immigration things a mess, because it's all, let's feel sorry for these people, and I feel sorry for a lot of people. You know, Brian, when you were growing up as a kid, how many times did you not feel loved and supported by your parents? It's probably more than once, right, I mean you get you get corrected, you get disciplined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's the point of being a parent. You're responsible for correcting them and reguiding them and managing those feelings. No, your feelings are misguided. Look down between your legs. What do you see there? See I'm right, I'm dad.
Speaker 7: But yeah, yeah, exactly. So they're trying to throw all that out the window and just play off people's emotions and use them to push their agenda, and that's why it's always important people don't vote Democrat. Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Run Thanks Tom, I appreciate it. And that's why they want sixteen year olds give them the right to vote. These mushy minds that have not, you know, been given the gift of many years of life experience where they can better analyze and apply the well the realities of life, logic and reason that you learn just merely by living for a longer period of time. Five point thirty seven fifty five care scene dog station Stagner stupid coming up. Or you can call love to hear from me, even if you want to call me an idiot, goe free. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Did you know Jenna and I says this about the weather got a heat advisory in effect till eight p m. Why it's going to be hot today and human after the rains impossible ninety one for the high today down to seventy four, overnight clear skies ninety two, with afternoon showers possible tomorrow. Otherways mostly sunny and of course human faday every night down to seventy five and a mostly flouty Sunday afternoon showers and storms are possible. High of ninety seventy eight degrees right now. If you have KCD talk station, can talk to first traffic.
Speaker 1: From the U see how Traffic Center. You see Health.
Speaker 9: You find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you see Health dot com. Highway traffic and fairly decent shape. I'm not seeing any major problems to deal with aslam yet. Northbound seventy five fine out of Earl Manger into downtown under seven minutes.
Speaker 1: There is an accident involving a couple of semis.
Speaker 9: Northbound seventy five is rammed to the Reagan Highway, but they're over on the right shoulder. Chuck ingramom fifty five kre a seed the talk station.
Speaker 6: Would you play Johnny Fisherman.
Speaker 2: Must be Friday, It must be about five forty one, so yeah, five three seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talk or pound five fifty on eighty and T phones. Feel free to call it stacking, stupid and because it's Friday, of course, a bunch of naked people as this tradition Amen brother Lee County Sheriff's Office arrest of the man accused of attempting to burn down a Planet Fitness location this in San Carlos Park, Deputy, why are you doing that? I probably probably won't find out. Responding to the gym located in South Tamiami Trail Saturday, after reports of a naked guy running through the gym, crawling into the ceiling, and attempting to start a fire in the bathroom, Sheriff's office says Henry and tunez Avarado, twenty five years old, asked to leave the gym at closing time, and that's when he began acting erratically. Surveillance footage shows him running through the building naked, entering multiple rooms, then seen in the nude lying down on a hydro massage bed. Don't know what that is anyway. At one point he climbed onto the ceiling, knocked down several ceiling tiles throughout the building. Deputies located him hiding naked inside a tanning bed. Rested in charge with indecent exposure, arson, criminal mischief, and providing false information law enforcement. He had previously been convicted in twenty twenty three for attempted burglary, trespassing, loitering, and prowling. You think they're gonna have to burn everything now because his naked body touched it all. Joe speculating Metro family, Oklahoma City specifically came face to face with a naked stranger inside their home. Frightening account happened in Oklahoma City neighborhood around six pm. Breaking started inside the family's home. Once the family confront of the naked guy, he left out of the back door, skipped to the pond, and then jumped in. Please say he was there for about an hour before they were able to get him out a court to blake Over Street. The homeowner him waiting around like very much hippopotamus like. It was very strange. Said the incident was unlike anything he's ever seen before. He said, I was ready to see my son and my mom coming home from martial arts classes. I thought it was them knocking on the front door. By the time I opened the front door to let them in, the back door was being opened by the big, fat, naked crazy guy. Right. The man is six foot six foot two and more than four hundred pounds. What Moldoer said by the time I could get by the time I could go be armed or help myself to protect my family, my wife was doing the exact same thing. They found themselves pointing a gun at the man tongue and get the hell out of the house. According to mister Rover Street, anytime a big, gigantic naked man comes into your house unwanted, the de escalation is, I guess you could say pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Now, who can argue with that?
Speaker 2: The great equalizer? He walked through the bat the back door, through the backyard which leads in the neighborhood pond. Over Street said, I saw one of the strangest things I've ever seen before, following somebody out of your own house into a lake that you're not supposed to be swimming in full of snakes and snapping turtles. Says. They watched them jump into the pond and stay there for about any hour until the police finally were able to coax him out. He said, Even if you live in a nice neighbors neighborhood, always be on the lookout, stay aware that every place. In twenty twenty five, you've got some crazies. There's a little crazy in the air nowadays. You know, officers took the man into custody. They said he was under the influence drugs are made five forty six fifty five KAR City talk station shocking no one on that final Conclusion'll be right back with more stupid.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Five fifty for fifty five KRC. The talk station five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three Talk five fifty on eight and T phones. Since I'm an honest guy, I had to admit to my wife the other day I think I have a crush on Tulsi Gabbard. What this is the attractive lady? What can I say? Anyway, It's all subjective. I'm entitled to my own opinions. A police officers sent naked photos of himself and sexually explicit messages to female colleagues. This accord to the misconduct Plannel, who was reviewing the police officer's conduct. Cambridgeshire Police bring that PC Jonathan Ward accused by four women of inappropriate behavior between twenty twenty and twenty twenty three, and the hearing this is in I believe Britain. The hearing at Lyfeender house in Bedfordshire was told he displayed sexually predatory behavior towards women in more than in more junior roles, even placed in the College of Policing barred List and would have been dismissed they did not resigned from the force or joined the forces. A trainee June twenty nineteen, warned about his behavior in the first six months twenty twenty, he was told to calm down with the females and they would end up looking silly and there would be a reputational effect on the organization. Panel found he demonstrated a clear pattern of behavior by sending sexually explicit messages and images to pursue sexual relationships. Four women made accusation, three of them junior colleagues. In one case, he touched one of the women without her consent on two occasions, which the panel considered amounted as sexual assault. One woman said afterward assumed workplace responsibility for her. He followed her on social media, asked for naked photographs, and the panel's report said sent him a photograph of her in her underwear, and she sent naked photographs of himself, and he sent naked photographs of himself back. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots, Aman Josh Strocker. Second woman said Ward suggests that they would sleep together, and he touched her inappropriately without consent, and said he used he used social media to send her inappropriate messages such as quote I want to sleep with you close quote and quote I find you so hot close quote. They are wonderful pickup lines you're gonna get. You're gonna go far with that. She said she would make excuses not to share with him, and despite having the same living in the same area, not even gonna share a cab ride with him. Fourth women said she was sent unsolicited explicit photos of Ward. Uh, let's just put this into the category of really really, really really stupid and bad ideas. Uh, here's extraordinarily stupid. I always joke about teachers who sleep with underage children and have photographs of themselves and explicit text messages coming from the adult to the child, pointing out that that child's not gonna keep his or her mouth shut. They're gonna go around the neighborhood telling everybody here. We have a flip on that narrative. Twenty six year old teacher accused of having sex with a sixteen year old and telling her co worker about it. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Yeah, idiots on multiple levels here. Joscelyn Sanderman, former teacher at Oakside Prep Academy in Michigan, charge with three council criminal sexual conduct after allegedly having a sexual relationship with a sixteen year old. According to the prosecutor, Sanderman had a sexual relationship with this sixteen year old boy in twenty twenty three and allegedly told another teacher that she was having sex with this student. Prosecutor said, this defendant is accused of using her position of authority to exploit a minor victim. These allegations represent the ultimate breach of trust placed in educators by parents and the community. As a former teacher myself, said the prosecutor, I applaud the teacher who contacted the police about the situation, protecting other students from further exploits. She could be sentenced up to fifteen years in prison if found guilty.
Speaker 1: Hm oh.
Speaker 2: And finally, let's end in Cherokee County, South Carolina, where a man who was standing naked in the middle of I eighty five in Cherokee County South Carolina was struck and killed. Corner there, Dennis Fowler, said the driver started calling nine one one about three o'clock and three thirty in the morning about a naked guy standing in the South Mound lanes under the Pleasant School Road bridge. Corner said about five minutes later, the man was hit by at least two trucks. Court of the reporting here the quote the man appears to be between thirty and forty years old. Can imagine what he looked like aftergat he hit by two trucks. All lanes blocked in the area for a couple hours. They're looking for an information and asking you to call the corner's office. If you know anything about the naked guy who was no longer among the living. Five fifty six aty five KRCD Talk station, feel free to call five one three seven fifty eight hundred and eighty two three talk. I'll be back after the news. Then we'll get to Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up at six thirty Today's.
Speaker 5: Top stories at the top of the hour, when I'm informed, I feel smarter.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KR the talk station Knee Pain.
Speaker 2: It's six oh five at fifty five KRCB talk station. Abby Friday, hh, I love my Friday age. So we've got some good plans for the weekend. I think can stick around all morning, coming a bottom of the hour, as is the case every Friday. And thank god for him tech Friday's Dave Hatter. So I've got cold Play and the Stark reminder, the cameras are everywhere that of course the Coldplay gate, go back over the facts on that one. All US forces must assume their networks have been hacked. We get that Microsoft security patch floating around out there to deal with this software breach on the SharePoint software. I presume that's what he's going to be talking about. We learned about that with Dave Hatter. Come out at the bottom of the air. And then finally, when AI commits a crime, who is to blame? Fast forward an hour seven to five with Senator John Houston on a variety of different topics with John Heart for Seniors, Heart the Number four Seniors dot Org. Patty Scott returns. What an amazing charitable organization that is. I love talking with her and I love what she and Hart for Seniors are doing for seniors and assisted living facilities. Just an amazing, amazing thing. So welcome back to Patti Scott seven thirty for that eight point five Jess Obert, it's time for Peyton's Lemonade Stand charitable opportunity for you to help help out. That was just a brilliant, brilliant idea launched by I think she was like eight when she started to do a lemonade stand raise some money for children that are in the hospital. So we'll get an update on how big that has gotten, and we'll set ourselves a goal this year for the amount of money they raise. All you need to do is buy some lemonade, make a donation, and you have helped out a beautiful charity. And finally a thirty Brian Miller building an industry association in Northern Kentucky. Brian Miller is going to talk about the shift to the trades among those in the jen z A Trains right here in Greater Cincinnati area, Northern Kentucky, Cincinnati, and it is a wonderful opportunity. Don't go to four year college, get a career opportunity in the trades. Lord knows the demand is out there. In large part. Love to hear from you. If you feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three, talk pound fight fifty on at and t phones. Uh, let us make fun of the Democratic Party. Nowhere listen, I don't know where to go this morning. You want to direct a conversation, feel free to call. I'm just kind of flying by the seat of my pants this morning, and apparently I'm an idiot if you're just doing any like. That comment was in reference to my discussion with Daniel Davis on his podcast yesterday. You can find it Daniel Davis Deep Dive and you can determine for yourself. Apparently stayed out of hot water until the subject of Israel and Gaza came up, and that's where I found myself to be under intense criticism from those who were willing to post comments on it. Anyhow, we all know what opinions are, like I've got one, You've got one too. This is kind of funny, Actually, it's very funny. And we've joked before about before you post, like step back from it. It's like counting to ten before you fly out of the handle. And maybe you can talk yourself off the ledge of perhaps saying something that you shouldn't say out loud, or maybe analyze what you're getting ready to say and think about it contextually before you say it, because you may end up sounding like an idiot. Well, welcome to the Democratic National Committee described as drawing widespread mockery over a now deleted post. Once the mockery was unfurled, they pulled the post out, recognizing that, oh yeah, that was kind of dumb of us to post it. Showed this post it It was a graph showing the cost of groceries and how they've gone through the roof, and they're trying to blame the Republican Trump's America. Is what the tweet is said. That was the caption on the graph shared by the Democratic National Committee. This is their official tweet site or ex site. According the campaign caption on the graphic, prices are higher today than they were on July twenty twenty four, all in major categories listed below. No citation of where the data came from, but that seems to be immaterial given what the graph actually shows. By how the White House Rapid Response X account got a hold of the post and pointed out that all of the increases in prices happened under the Biden administration. It really is astonishing that they were so stupid that they actually posted this. The chart begins in October twenty nineteen, and the categories are cheese, alcohol, grocery, dairy produce, and meat. So there's a little color representing each of those categories, and every single one of them beginning all right before October twenty twenty one, starts going through the roof a significant jump. I'm just taking the graph at its face value. It just jumps, you can see it. It's like everything static and kind of hovering around the same level. Beginning in this October twenty nineteen category. Fast forward October twenty twenty one. Boom, it goes to the roof. The chart ends at the end of October of twenty twenty four. Hey, Joe was pre was was Trump president back then? No, Yeah, that's kind of what my recollection was. This is the Biden administration. So their own chart shows that all this inflation happened under Biden. One conservative podcaster named Kyle Becker called it one of the dumbest posts in all of x history, and pointing out that the DNC, after getting ratioed into oblivion, one other person. This might be the biggest self owned I've ever seen on the website. Again, the rapid response seemed just merely cut and pasted this graphic and then highlighted the Biden era in bright pink, showing that all of the inflation occurred under Joe Biden. Great self owned Who's an idiot?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sorry news for the Social Security recipients since our elected officials refused to address the problem of the failing Social Security program, brace yourself. It's coming probably sooner rather than later. Social Security recipient's now facing a twenty four percent cut to the monthly payment. This will happen in less than a decade. Trust fund is drying up. This according to a new analysis from the Committee for Response Countable Federal Budget SoCs, Security, Medicare trust funds. According to the group, about seven years from insolvency. They cited projections from two of the program's trustees and the impact of the One Big Beautiful Bill Act for so as security of The group projected that the retirees could see a benefit cut again twenty four percent in late twenty thirty two, absent congressional action court to release from the CRFB. We estimate that this would equal to an eighteen thousand, one hundred dollars annual benefit cut for a dual earning couple retiring at the start of twenty thirty three that would occur shortly after the Social Security Trust Fund goes insolvent. By way of contrast, a single income couple that income level would see a thirteen thousand, six hundred dollars annual benefit cut. And I think of this in the context of our property tax discussions from earlier in the week, with you know, Corey Bowman and others in the effort to override the Governor de wine vetos of the property tax measures that might have provided a summer relief. If you are a senior living on Social Security obviously a fixed income, if you have no other source of revenue, can you handle a twenty four percent cut? That's the frightening reality where they brought us. They are elected officials by ignoring a problem that's been festering and bubbling and getting worse every year since I've been involved with politics. I think I was about sixteen years old when I started paying attention to politics. But this has been a red flag that's been waving Now forever. We can't touch social Security. It's the third rail of politics. So not touching it means it's only getting worse, and it gets worse and worse every single day. Very a lot fewer people working and paying taxes into the Social Security as the Social Security benefit taxes, more and more people on Social Security, and we're all living a lot longer. The program wasn't designed to handle people living into their late eighties and nineties. So anyway, just point it out. You know, we need to elect officials who are willing to address the problem of Social Security and quit campaigning on promising not to touch it, because promising not touching it, promising to do nothing about it because well, we don't want to cut benefits is going to result in an absolute cut in benefits. I suppose it's going to play the role of ponches pilot and try to wash their hands of the whole thing, saying I didn't create this mess. No, okay, FDR did you just didn't fix it? Six fifteen fifty five KC detalk stations to Graham more to talk about and a strong encouragement to call Chimneycare fireplace and stove my wood burning fireplace, freestanding stove, self feeding wood waste pellet. Friends, if you got a wood burner, you need the Chimney Care Fireplace in Stow for your safety. It's a great time take care of safety because I don't know a single human being going to be lighting a fire at this hot and human conditions we got out there, so why not think about safety so you can hit the ground running without any worry this fall when temperatures drop, and that is a one hundred and sixty nine dollars ninety nine per cent special the wood burning Sweep and Evaluation Again one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine one of their certified chimney sweeps comes out and the Chimneycare Fireplaces over created what they do be locally on an operated since nineteen eighty eight, AM and A plus the better business for everything related to anything related to fireboxes, chimneys, fireplaces, free standing stoves. They've got it all. But this will result in them coming out to your place doing a full video camera inspection of your fireplace chimney because you could have had a fire already, and this is the point of it. Fire in the chimney can burn your house down. Not a good thing. Having them thoroughly sweep the chimney and inspect it. We'll give you peace of mind knowing you're in good shape come fall. To schedule the appointment. Learn more about what they do and what they sell on the showroom floor. Go to the website Chimney Kareco dot com Jimney Careco dot com. If you want to call, please do tell them. Brian said, Hi, when you do that. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 1: This is Ted Cruz.
Speaker 2: Join me Sunday night at seven pm on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 6: Are you Drowning?
Speaker 2: On fifty five kr CD talk station, Happy Friday? David, He's with me in the Happy Friday, and I'm pivot over to Kimberly Strassel Democrats Autopsy Flop. I thought this is a rather excellent analysis, and yeah, standing on the shoulder of giants before I get the Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, who then will steer the the the content of the conversation this morning in the Morning Show, Let's rely on Kimberly Strassel and her in intuitive and excellent observations Tartaneau, who's currently winning the contest for the twenty twenty four ostracism a Democratic Party conducting an election autopsy that ignores Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, or the hooting media that ignores everything beyond the Biden Harris campaign disaster. It is this echo chamber that elected Donald Trump twice, and the question is when the left will remember that voters are the ones that picked the president. The New York Times revelation that the Democratic National Committee's twenty twenty four campaign autopsy won't touch on mister Biden's decision to run again, his coronation of Kamala Harris or her key decisions, is certainly worth a skewering, as is the news that the report will instead devote most of its attention to outside groups, including the party's main super pack, which apparently lost Democrats everything by misallocating advertising dollars. Oh, that's where they're going on this. The Time story then writes, writers racing for the best comparison put down the autopsy that lacked Biden. Harris said The Times was like quote, eating at a steakhouse and then reviewing the salad close quote No said the Nation Separate outlet. It was like quote, a production of Hamlet that leaves out not just the Prince of Denmark, but also Claudius, Gertrude, the Ghost and Ophelia clothes. Quote actually set a Republican consultant in the Hill another online resource. It was like quote doing JF. Kennedy's autopsy and only examining his feet fair enough if obvious. Of course, it mattered that the Biden in a circle chose to spend half of twenty twenty four on the remake of Weekend at Bernie's. Of course, it mattered that mister Biden then anointed a woman who'd never won a single presidential primary vote, who'd become a liability as vice president, and who then ran a policy free campaign centered on joy, media avoidance, and accusations of fascism. Obvious too, because deflection and finger pointing are now deriguer in the Democratic Party. In twenty seventeen, Hillary Clinton blamed her humiliating loss on sabotage by Russia, sexism, Jim Comey, and an insufficiently prostrate press corps. The party blamed twenty twenty two on its midterm House loss on the public's failure to understand the brilliance of mister Biden's spending and economic agenda. Yet the mainstream media's wilful insistence that the loss must be put down solely to Biden Harris is equally comedic. The coverage is almost desperate to insist that the Left's only problem is the messenger and the means of messaging, which puts the media in the exact same spot as the autopsy it ridicules as a document is headed to a finding that the party needs someone who does a better job of connecting and explaining, and who doubles down on organizing. What both camps studiously ignore is the voter verdict, that is, the voters who last year decisively rejected the progressive agenda that defined today's Democratic Party. A real autopsy would focus almost entirely upon the unpopularity of the ideas that animate the political left, open borders, unrestrained spending, union power, climate dictads, police bashing, anti Israeli sentiment, identity politics. It would note not just the polls showing this rejection, but the proof in the form of the recent extraordinary demographic shifts that show at left losing its grip on whole categories of once reliable voter groups. A real autopsy would meditate on the disconnect between the nation that wants the freedom to build, grow and achieve and a Democratic party increasingly obsessed with locking up and red distributing government micromanaged ecosystem. It might even consider a case study of San Francisco for some evidence of how its policies fail in practice and how voters respond on issues like crime or education. A few liberal policy wants are feeling out a new direction see the talk of an abundance agenda, yet party leaders have so far resolutely refused to go there. An honest examination would drill into the failure of eight years of law fare, the party's decision to weaponize government for political gain. It would ask if the partisan ambitions that fuel the progressive left's calls to end the legislative filibuster, nationalized election laws, pack the Supreme Court, or abolish the electoral college are worth the distrust they so among average voters who want stability. It would question what internal or cultural dysfunction allowed the entire democratic establishment to salute a misguided leader and worse, to excoriate those rare individuals. Dean films with the backbone to warn of a coming train wreck. None of this will happen for a simple reason. The progressive left remains a minority in the liberal movement. It is true believers, nonetheless occupy all positions of power, including the leadership of the DNC and most Beltway press jobs. They won't criticize their basic worldview. If changes to come to the Democratic Party, and it will expected to come in the form of a charismatic outsider who shows a new way, not via pro forma autopsy by an insular claque that has no real regrets over the course that they actually that actually lost them an election. Yeah, it is funny to watch though, six twenty seven. Right now fifty five k se DE talk station. Let us see here Foreign Exchange get your import a car fix for less money. Go to Foreign Exchange Westchester Locations one. I choose Tylersville exit off of I seventy five. Go east two streets right on Kinglin Real short Drug. That's where Austin and his team of ASE certified master technicians will work on your traditionally imported manufacturer car, whether it's from Asia, Europe or your Tesla. They do repair Tesla's. They have the experience, knowledge and the right equipment to service your car and they will do a great job. You'll leave with a full warranty on parts in service. And why would you go there and not the dealer save money, lots of money. Foreign Exchange does not charge anywhere near what the dealers charge and they treat you great customer service. Could not be better to reach that west just the location. It's five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six. Find them online Foreign XFOIM the letter X.
Speaker 3: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: You're if you have a KRCD talk station. Here's a website you need. Interest dot com. You have a business. I know you have computers, and I know you are facing massive problems out there in the world with hackers and software issues. Demand for the job. Tech Friday's Dave Hatter and his team at Interest It welcome back, Dave Hatter. It's always a pleasure having you on the program.
Speaker 10: Always my pleasure to be here.
Speaker 5: Brian.
Speaker 2: I love the topic of the first conversation, that Coldplay incident, the kiss cam catching an unfaithful couple in an amorous act. I mean, it's just like, why, I mean, why would you even go out in public if you're having an affair behind the back of your spouse. Going to a concert where, say, let's say fifteen twenty thousand people, the likelihood of you running into someone in the concert is pretty substantial in and of itself. And then there's a camera. Cameras are everywhere, as you point out in your notes.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're exactly right, Brian. I mean, first off, I couldn't agree with you more. When you go to a concert of a well known band and you're a fairly well known person and you're cheating on your spouse, that's probably not a great idea. But yeah, the likelihood of just running into someone you know there, now you know. I actually co Play is one of his bands. A lot like Creed in my mind. They seem to get a lot of grief, and I don't really understand why exactly. I kind of like Coldplay. I mean, they're not Led Zeppelin, but I kind of like them a.
Speaker 2: Little saw For my taste, I prefer something a little edgier. They're not. They're not my cup of tea. But listen, man, it's music. It's subjective.
Speaker 10: You know, generally, Bryan, I'm, you know, more of a hard rock, heavy metal guy. Thus the Judas Priests and Iron Made and bumps and so forth. But I mean, they got some good stuff. But my point is they're very popular. Right to your point. They turn out huge crowns now. I And my point is I didn't know about their I guess they're famous for this kiss cam thing. I mean, I don't know, I've never seen them.
Speaker 2: They have the same kind of thing going on with the Reds game, so you know, yeah exactly.
Speaker 10: Or TV. You show up a TV, you know, and you're on the Red's game and the TV catches It's But this, this article in the New York Times, I think is interesting, not a source I typically what turn to. But they make a really valid point. There are cameras everywhere, now, whether it's security cameras at the facility you're at, whether it's a band like this that apparently is known for doing this kind of thing you're robbing, Yes it's a convenience store that you're robbing or a bank, or just the fact that you know how many cameras. I mean, if you've been to a concert recently, Brian I'm sure you've seen the old days of the lighters held up doing certain songs are gone and people hold up their phones now, right, I miss those days too. But my point is you have potentially, if there's thirty thousand people in the crowd, there's potentially thirty thousand phones there, each with a camera, each capable of taking your picture or recording a video of you. And Yeah, the idea that you're going to go out in a public space and use something that you don't want other people to know about just gets crazier and crazier because there are cameras everywhere. There are police body cams, there are dash camps, there are people with phones, there as CT cameras, there are people with drones. And and while on one hand you could kind of argue that we should see less crime over time, because the likelihood of you getting caught continues to go up thanks to all these cameras. And not just the cameras, Brian, but the facial recognition aspect of it. Right, It's it's not just that here's a maybe a grainy picture of someone here. It can now be run through a facial recognition algorithm. You can identify people. But The flip side of this is so you know, and you know, I'm a I'm a privacy advocate. I get I have no reasonable expectation of privacy out in the public spot. But I don't like all of these cameras that are survailing us all the time. But despite all of that, why can't we get one good picture of a UFO or Bigfoot? Where are they?
Speaker 2: Or lizard people? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know why, Dave? You know why? Because they don't exist?
Speaker 2: Maybe listens the Overnight show believes in Bigfoot, lizard people, aliens and no, get over it.
Speaker 10: And harder for me to believe when again, the cameras are everywhere and you can't get one solid picture of Bigfoot. I mean, is he really that good at playing hide and go seek or what?
Speaker 2: You know? Thank you, thank you for that. Yeah, I made my morning with that one.
Speaker 10: Cameras everywhere, man, and you can't get one solid picture. But when you look at this whole kiss camp thing, I thought the comment from from the Coldplay guy was like, Hey, these people look like they must either be having an affair or just really shy, you know, And then turns out they are. It goes viral and yeah, you know, for me, the bigger the bigger angle is just the fact that we're increasingly under surveillance at all times. But yeah, if you're if you're doing something you don't want people to know about, going out and doing it very visibly in a public place, good likelihood you're going to end up on the Internet like these people.
Speaker 2: You have no right to privacy if you're out in public period. End of the story. Deck Fridday day've had a hold on We're gonna be talking about I guess everyone needs to assume their network has been hacked, most notably the US forces More with tech Friday's Day vetters six thirty seven right now fifty five krs to detoxation, Otor Exit to the rescue od rxit otor exit dot com. No E get there, say fifteen percent. You got a limited window to do that, and you buy oto exit products because you want to get rid of the odors that are knowing you. Smoke, mold, mildew, human odors, pet oders, whatever you got by way of odor, with the exception of the stench of politics, Oto Exit will get rid of it. One hundred percent satisfaction guarantee, free shipping on orders over twenty five bucks and a free six sounds bottle of Oto Exit Magic. If you order more than thirty five dollars, all that ship to you free and it's delivered. They try to do it overnight. They're gonna do their best to get it to you tomorrow if you order early enough in the day, maybe two days, but they're quick about turnaround. If you have to have the product today, go to the Odor Exit website and click on that findest store link. You can type your zip code in. It'll tell you all the different places that these products are sold locally, So get rid of the odor. One hundercent satisfaction guaranteed twenty five years, locally owned, operated, and manufactured Odor Exit dot.
Speaker 3: Com fifty five KRC Real Heat.
Speaker 2: Advisory in effect until eight pm. Hot, humid day to day, A better chance of afternoon rain and storms ninety one for the high seventy four overnight with clear skies, sunny day Tomorrow, more humidity and afternoon showers and storms are a possibility. Ninety two. Tomorrow's high seventy five overnight with clouds and a cloudy Sunday. I have ninety and maybe some afternoon showers and storms. Seventy two or seventy seven right now trafviy pen.
Speaker 9: From the Ucagut Traffic Centeray, you see health, you'll find comprehensive care. That's some personal it make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u S health dot Com. Highway traffic so in pretty good shape. I'm not seeing any major problems on the bridges into downtown. The heavy gests is South Bend two seventy five. I'm approaching the Carroll proper from the Lawrence purg Ram. But even that not a whole lot of extra time needed as of yet. Chuck ingramon fifty five kr Z the talk station.
Speaker 2: Sixty one. If you give out krcity talk station Brian Thomas with interest it dot COM's Dave Hatter. So salt Typhoon is still a problem, apparently a major major problem according to the reporting you provided me.
Speaker 10: It is, Brian. And this is why I just constantly harp about this stuff to anyone that will listen. You know, you and I have talked about concerns around critical infrastructure for a long time. The FBI defines critical infrastructure INFE sixteen rather different sectors. You know, things like water, power, transportation, and these nation state actors. I'm not saying there aren't individuals or criminal gangs that aren't part of this, but nation state actors. Also there's advanced, persistent threats that people like China, Russia, Korea, North Korea, and Iran, you know, kind of the access of evil, if you will, in this space, are constantly attacking us. They're trying to steal money, they're trying to steal data. I think you and I have talked about the North Korea hacker thing that's made a lot of news lately, were tangentially connected to this. At least one hundred companies have now been breached. I would call it insider threat, where they're basically having people pretending to be legitimate employees getting hired, going to work inside these companies North Korean hackers who are then stealing data, stealing trade secrets, potentially planning these kind of backdoors we're talking about here. But it looks like per recent DHS reporting, Salt Typhoon and I don't know why they come up with these stupid names, Brian, but they do for these hacking groups. I mean, it makes sense that you have a name so you can identify particular groups that you think are doing these things. But it looks like for at least nine months a state US Army national Guard organization was breached by these folks. I can't find any reporting that tells you the state, which I think is interesting. It is so of the fifty states, apparently one state national guard was hacked. But the bigger problem is twofold A. Because these organizations interact with each other and potentially the Army reserve and the Army itself, you don't necessarily know how broad the attack might have gotten at this point. Again, so far it seems to say that essentially, you know, we know for sure one particular state national guard was hacked. They say that the DHS says they were in there for at least nine months.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 10: So I mean, think of the data you could collect, Brian, if you were in a network for nine months without going detected, and you could just kind of sit there and do stuff and collect data. It says they stole network diagrams, could figure outation files, administrative credentials, and personal information of service members that could be used to breach national guard and government networks in other states. So again this is in my mind extremely concerning. And if they lasted nine months, you know, in the business we call this dwell time I get in, I lurk around, I see what I can find. I try to figure out, depending on my motives, where is the money or where is the data or both again kind of depending what I'm trying to do. And for your average business person who says this could never happen to me, I have nothing worth stealing. You know, first off, it can and will happen to you if you're not doing anything to try to stop this, if you don't have both defenses in place to try to keep these guys out as well as technical technologies and techniques to try to detect them. Nine months again, who knows what they got. It's concerning to me from this reporting again that they have credentials that might give them access to other systems. You know, I don't think like is always the case in these things.
Speaker 2: Brian, Well, real quick here, as long as that, how did salt typhoon end up in at least this one state's national guard system. Was it a clicking on a link on unsecured link or one of those kind of nefarious things somebody not paying attention to best practices.
Speaker 10: Well, you know that's how so much of this stuff happens. So when you take this particular story out of the equation, you know, it's often user error. They're not going after some money's really secured system or directly they're trying to social engineer someone into clicking a link or whatever. These guys that were known for trying to exploit software vulnerabilities and things like routers, they're known for going after Cisco products in particular DHS shows in the reporting that they released or the information they put out they're exploring things like various cve These are documented vulnerabilities.
Speaker 2: So it's there's a lot of avenues, is what you're saying. A lot forward thinking on protecting your best interest.
Speaker 10: Patching systems, replacing legacy equipment that can't be patched again, Having tools and techniques that are trying to not only prevent this but detect it absolutely critical, especially in our critical infrastructure. Brian. You know when these guys eventually shut off the power or make a dam fail, or you know, kill people because they've changed the contents going into the water. I mean, that's where we're headed with this stuff. If we don't get serious about it. And here's yet another, in my opinion, very army example.
Speaker 2: Amen to that exclamation point. We'll continue and find out who when artificial intelligence commits a crime, who's to blame? I don't think probably the programmers. We'll find out what they've had. One more with him. First, plumb type plumbing, because you deserve better. They deliver on better, better customer service, better prices, excellent plumbing. Of course, licensed plumbers, they do a great job, no service, fees, free estimates, a plus of the better business fero. It's all adding up. Why should call plump type plumbing for all your residential plumbing needs? Of course, the tankless water heater is the way to go. Get rid of that giant tank, save a whole lot of space, save on energy, and have endless hot water with a tankless water heater. It's an amazing thing. Trenchless sewer line repair they do that at plump type plumbing. So you've got problems with multiple clog drains and poor draining and foul odors. You may have a sewer line problem, then come out and inspect it if it needs to be worked on. They don't have to dig your yard up to take care of that. It's a couple of the services Plumb type plumbing offers serving the tri state perfectly and wonderfully with an A plus BBB rating. Get in touch with them online Plumb tightt TE, plump tight dot com five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three. That's five one three seven two seven Tight fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 3: Thinking about buying yours.
Speaker 2: If you want fifty five cair CD talk station brought to you by interest it Tech. Friday's Dave had it with one more segment here. Artificial intelligence committee a crime AI. It's programmed by human beings to make decisions on behalf of human beings. Who's at fault if a crime? What kind of crime are we talking about here, Dave?
Speaker 10: Well, could be financial crimes because right now, Brian's let's be realistic here and take some of the hype out of this too. You know, when you look at robotics companies out there that are building some fairly advanced robots at this point, you know, are we going to have C three po walking around doing things on our behalf next year? Probably not. Could we have something like that in five or ten years? I would say, it's within the realm of possibility based on how fast these things are advancing. And my point is, right now, artificial intelligence generally does not have agency in the real world. Right it can't pick up a gun and shoot you because it doesn't have any way to do that. However, when you start to couple AI with robotics, you know, it gets very interesting, probably in the not too distant future. But I wanted to read a headline from a different story and it kind of speaks to answer your question, because right now, it could be a financial crime. You know, if you've heard about AI agentics, the idea that you can have AI do things right now, Again, it doesn't have physical agency, but could you give it credentials for your bank or your account, your financial services account and trade stock on your behalf. Yes, you could potentially. Now I would not do that. I think that's absolutely insane and there's no chance I would do that. But here's a headline for you. Just within the past few days, AI coding platform goes rogue during code freeze. That's a programmer speak for we're not going to make any more changes because we're going to do some final testing and launch things goes rogue during code freeze and deletes entire company database.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, replets CEO apologize after AI engine says it quote maybe a catastrophic error in judgment and destroyed all production data. Says failure on my part. And basically, you know, ts.
Speaker 2: AI said that, yes, failure on my part as if Yeah, I read that, and I just I was in awe and disbelief. Is if this thing was you know, a human being sort of defending itself or at leads admitting cultability, the AI program itself said sorry.
Speaker 10: So my point of bringing that up is, you know, if I were let's say, an employee on my last day and I went in and maliciously deleted the company's stuff. You know people have gone to jail for that in the past. Right, you could as a business, you could attempt to hold me accountable. At the very least, you could sue me. Right, but now we're in a situation where people are using these tools, they're doing things. It deletes this database. I mean, if you don't have a backup, you know, it could be existential to your business. Well, who's responsible for that? And then the next thing I kind of wanted to bring into the equation before we get into the meat. It is in nineteen seventy nine IBM. This is a famous thing. There was someone gave a presentation and this slide is out on the internet. So this is the old transparency type of thing you'd put on the overhead projector and the presentation. Brian, you're old enough to remember these, like me, Oh yeah, quote quote. A computer can never be held accountable. Therefore a computer must never make a management decision. So now it takes this to where we are today. Again, Could I sign up to use some sort of AI agent and try to buy things for me online, book reservations, trade stock. Yes, that's all very doable today. Again, there is no chance I would do any of these things. But if they go fact, you know, if they run a foul of the law, if they steal all my money because hackers have gotten into it and you know, decide to transfer my money to some account overseas or whatever, who who is responsible for that? It's not necessarily acting the way the original company that built it built it to behave right, who is responsible? And that's the need of this other article. When an advanced AI commits crimes, who's to blame. You know, right now, this is all the wild West. There's almost no law around any of these things. And going back to this concept introduced to that IBM slide from nineteen seventy nine, how are you going to hold the AI account? What are you going to do? Turn it off? You know again, we're this is all moving so fast, and I think way faster than most people can understand, much less our legislators. And we really got to get a handle on this stuff.
Speaker 2: I agree completely. But as of right now, as things stand, given all the problems and the illustrations that you've come up with on how artificial intelligence can fail us, provide us with incorrect information, create fake legal cases, you know, on and on and all that, then it is the person responsible for choosing to use AI for any given task. To the extent something criminal comes out from a consequence of using artificial intelligence as opposed to exercising one's own independent judgment, then the person who chose AI as the method is the one responsible. That's the way I'm going to stand on it.
Speaker 10: It's it's a really it's going to be very interesting to see how this will play out in court over time, and the other thing that I think throws another extra wrinkle into this, Brian, is you know, while the US still seems to have a good lead in this, you have Chinese companies, many would argue, who have stolen this tech from US companies building this kind of stuff. If you know, could you could you be driving in a fully autonomous vehicle right? And or better Yet, if you're in like a robotaxi, a Tesla robotaxi and it runs someone over, you're not even driving at that point, right, So I would argue you have zero culpability.
Speaker 2: I would argue to you.
Speaker 10: That you know, is it is it the AI? Well, if it is, then you go after Tesla. Just this opens so many crazy possibilities. Well, what if that was hacked by someone? You know?
Speaker 2: We Yeah, and one can make an argument if it's gotten, if it's hacked and it's tinkered with and something bad comes from it, then the person responsible for designing the software that allowed the hack to happen might be responsible. Yeah, there's a multitude of ways you can go on this, Dave hat Or. And you have raised a whole lot of potential questions and complications by bringing the subject up.
Speaker 10: And it always apprilliated as a society. We really, we really got to get a handle on it. I know people don't want to think about this, they don't think it affects them. But as this stuff gets more powerful and gets more ingrained in our daily lives, we have to have a plan.
Speaker 2: For going interest it dot com. Dave Hatter, God bless you, sir. Have a wonderful weekend. I appreciate the information. Out of time six fifty eight fifty five KRSD Talk station, don't go away. Senator John Houston up next, a full.
Speaker 1: Rundown and the biggest tad lines's minutes away. At the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: I'm giving you a fact now the Americans should know.
Speaker 1: Fifty five k the talk.
Speaker 2: Station, This report day sponsored by HYS. Ryan Thomas here with Senator John Houston. Welcome back to the program. John. It's always a pleasure having you on.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: There's a flurry of activity going and coming out of Washington, DC. Very impressed by what the Trump administration has been able to accomplish and personally happy to see the big beautiful bill get passed. I mean I was hoping, and I think my listeners were hoping for more cuts recognizing some of the work that Doge had done. We expected, you know, a much larger slice of the government to be cut out. But a lot of great was accomplished in the big, beautiful bill, most notably the tax increase or the tax cuts have been made permanent. And that, despite what the Democrats keep saying, that is a benefit to a huge swath of Americans and of course Ohioans.
Speaker 8: Yeah, small businesses, manufacturers, all of them benefit by knowing what the rules are. They know they can plan, they can plan a capital investment knowing that they're going to be able to deduct the cost of that in this year's taxes, which means they have predictability, and then they can hire people, they can grow. This kind of stuff is very important, but it's also important for middle class working families. And I want to dig into that. No tax on tips, no tax on overtime, you know, a bigger deduction for Social Security recipients, a child tax credit for working families, not one that's rebatable to people that don't work, but for people who actually work. All of that fantastic stuff for working.
Speaker 2: Families in Ohio and some they just recently found out, you know, everyone on the left side of the ledgers screaming about how everyone's going to die because they're going to have their Medicaid taken away from them. I just saw an article on the Wall Street Journal I talked about earlier in the program yesterday, and fourteen billion dollars in fraud, waste abuse, most notably people signed up in multiple states. It didn't take them that long to apply modern computer technology across reference to these people and find out that they're registered in multiple states double dipping. That was an easy fix. How come it took so long to come up with that one.
Speaker 8: Well, Frankly, one of the problems is is the federal government pays the bill and the state's administered, so many states have no incentive to actually go track this down. And we did that with SNAP saying hey, if you're gonna have a fraud and abuse, then the states that have it, you're going to pay a little bit more of the cost of doing these programs. That's certainly the case with Medicaid. You have people who are ineligible who are on there, people who are registered in multiple states, and what does that matter? Because you have insurance companies, Medicaid managed care companies that pay states pay premiums. The federal government pays premiums in both states. So that's a huge cost of covering multiple people even though they should only be or multiple states, even though shown me in one state that stuff matters. It adds up to billions of dollars, and nobody was doing it before, and that's a big difference. It's like, you can identify these things, so what are we doing about it? We're doing something.
Speaker 2: About it in this bill.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One thing we all have learned of late, there is no follow through to find out what happens after the money goes out the door in Washington. Does it actually accomplish anything? All these non governmental organizations with their hands in the cookie jar of the taxpayer money, we don't I mean, like the Doge identified projects, we don't know if even the Sesame Street program in Iraq or whatever was even done. The money did go towards something that was labeled as that, but nobody follows up and tracks the taxpayer dollars. So I think it's a refreshing thing that the Trump administration is doing along those lines, at least trying to make sure the money's doing something and accomplishing something. On behalf of the American taxpayer.
Speaker 8: Now, one of the problems, well, there was a there was a let me just say something on that, there's a big message sent. We stayed up till two thirty in the morning doing the recisions package to take back literally nine billion dollars in spending, not a huge amount. You would think that would be easy. Finally, cutting things like Sesame Street and Iraq and transgender surgeries in Guatemala. We cut those packages. And the message to the bureaucracy is this, Brian, don't do stupid things and you'll be fine. But if you do stupid things, we are actually willing to cut your budgets. So that was a big message.
Speaker 2: It was sent. That amazing concept John Hous did. Now I saw Donald Trump sign the Halt Fentanyl Act into law, I wanted to pivot over to that. I think we in Ohio have a problem with fentanyl like all the other states. And of course I think the main problem is the Chinese Communist Party and sending all the precursor elements out into the world to be turned into fentanyl. Whether or not Trump accomplishes, getting that shutdown would go a long way to stopping the fentanyl problem. But how is the Halt Fentanyl Act going to help us here in Ohio.
Speaker 8: It's going to give law enforcement more tools to go after people. A lot of times they would hide these ingredients under you know, technicalities in the law. This just cleans it up, gives law enforcement more power to go after the bad actors.
Speaker 2: But it's also.
Speaker 8: Important in the trade fight with China. There's a premium in there on a tariff, a twenty percent additional tariff until China takes care of these issues around fentanyl. So they're gonna, you know, if they're going to keep turning a blind eye to the problems that they're creating in this country and the sort of the modern day opium opium more, we're going to have to continue to push back on them and giving law enforcement more tools with Halt fent and all and all. They think that it's a terrible tragedy that comes with it, it's also the human trafficking and all that from drug addicted people that ends up happening, from the gangs and the people coming across the border illegally. It's just a whole mess that was created by the Biden administration that we're still trying to sort out. And this is just one more tool for law enforcement, those men and women who go out there every day and put their lives on the line to protect us.
Speaker 2: Soenni Houston pivoting over to the cafe standards something in trouble administration wants to get rid of. I think it's a pointless thing to have laws of supply and demand should be in effective. If I want to drive a car that gets eight miles to the gallon and I don't, I should be able to buy one. But these cafe standards create artificial miles per gallon that are forcing manufacturers to build electric vehicles that apparently the population does not want. They're losing money, they're hemorrhaging. The tax credits are disappearing, so there's fewer and there's less incentive to buy an electric vehicle. Can we just scrap the whole process and let the market forces dig dictate what we drive and what are miles per gallon happened to be?
Speaker 8: Well, we're in the process of scrapping a lot of that. Yes, on cafe standards. That also we repealed the California ev mandate that seventeen other states had joined. If you remember they were going to say all cars in California and seventeen other states had to be electric vehicles by twenty thirty five. Think about that, every new car had to be an electric vehicle by twenty thirty five. And we repealed that Biden era regulation that allowed them to do that, that kind of stuff. I mean, frankly, we saved themselves. Yeah, there's no way that the people of those states would have rebelled if you were going to force them to have to buy electric cars. But common sense and a Republican majority prevailed in that one, and we repealed it. But all of those things skew the markets. Companies go out and make investments not on what the consumer wants, but what the government regulations say they must do, and that skews the whole landscape, and eventually you ping pong it around because it's it's one administration gets in, they set rules. The next one comes in, they set a different set of rules. Just clean the slate. Let the car companies respond to the consumers. Technology will drive better environmental and outcomes and emission achievements.
Speaker 2: Good ideas. Great ideas do not require force or tax incentives. John, That's my point on that.
Speaker 8: And that is right, and every every day we get new lessons about that.
Speaker 2: Hey real, briefly, I know we're out of time. Just one final question, where are you on the Epstein files? I hate to, you know, go over that diversion, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain kind of thing. But are you in favor of releasing this? I think most of my listening audience like, just let it out, get over with and uh yeah.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, we can do this. Look turnover all you can. Don't turn over anything that would undermine a potential prosecution if there is somebody who deserves to be prosecuted. Yes, And also protect the victims. We don't want victims' names out there. They didn't do anything wrong. If you recall in the Prince Andrew case, the woman who who got outed in this Epstein saga, she committed suicide. We want to protect the victims, but everything else, get it out there and get this. Let's move on by by being transparent.
Speaker 2: Amen to that and senat Houston, you know, I think they would go a long way to solving this so called crisis if the Justice Department say, we do have ongoing criminal investigations, which is why we can't release the information. I think that would satisfy a lot of people and at least put the whole issue to bed.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then and then prosecute some one a man. You can't imagine that only those two, you know, the Epstein and the Epstein girlfriend, were the ones the only ones involved in committing a crime here. You'd have to think that there's someone else too that deserves to be prosecuted.
Speaker 2: I think that's a safe conclusion, Senator Hughes, that has been a real pleasure. Thank you for the time you spilled my listeners to me this morning. I truly appreciate. Keep up the great work to get started. Weather time, Joanna nin says, where you have a heat advisory going on lasting until eight pm? Why Todays high ninety one, very humid and of course probably heat in deck somewhere above ninety one, afternoon rain in storms. Our possibility today overnight low was seventy four, clear skies. Tomorrow sunny, another hot, humid day with a high ninety two and afternoon storms possible. Files overnight down to seventy five and a cloudy Sunday. Showers in the afternoon are possible. It'll go up to ninety degrees right now it's seventy seven. It is time for a traffic updation from the.
Speaker 1: UC and Health Tramphic Center. See Health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal. Make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more you see health dot com. Highway traffic and pretty good shape right now northbound seventy five.
Speaker 1: Not a problem anymore at the lateral.
Speaker 9: Over the weekend you'll be down to just one lane for some weekend work on both sides of a highway between the Reagan Highway and the Lateral. Check ingraman fifty five krs.
Speaker 2: The talk station, it's seven one here if it's about karr Se Talk station Friday, Happy Friday, even even happier. After we get to the bottom of the hour, because hard for seniors, Patty Scott returns in studio to give us some great uplifting news about all the great work that the organization is doing for seniors in assisted living facilities. Always think of my father when I talk to Patty Scott. Jess ober Peyton's lemonade stands that time of year, we're gonna hear from Jesse eight oh five. Time for you to drink some wonderful lemonade and help that some charity. And then building industry associations in Northern Kentucky's Brian Miller joins us at ay thirty to talk about Generation Z. They are in the trades here in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati, and an excellent choice over the four year college education, probably earning a degree that well, there are no jobs related to yeah kaed Corey Bowman on yesterday program. Of course, Cory Bowman's running from mayor of the City of Cincinnati, a wonderful alternative to the current administration. We've got great options as we approach November. My friends in the City of Cincinnati consider those options. Charter Right candidates, there's a bunch of them that are good. We've got some Republican folks, interviewed quite a few on the Morning show, and of course Corey Bowman a great alternative to the seemingly most absent mayor. Have to have pur Ball, who's just more focused on green energy product projects and green projects than he is on fixing roads and bridges and taking care of the infrastructure and the crime problem. We talked to Corey about the crime yesterday and isn't it interesting? Saw this and thank you to the Signal ninety nine website as well as Drew Pappus and others who forwarded to me the citation that Corey Bowman got for not cutting his yard. The city of Cincinnati posted a notice he was being fined five hundred dollars for tall grass slash weeds on his private property. HM Signal ninety nine writes about this, are you sitting down? We're about to hit you with some serious issues. Sources close to the Corey Bowman campaign concerned that he's being intentionally targeted in an attempt to shut his campaign down. Most of you are aware, they write, Corey Bowman running from air City of Cincinnati. Conservative brother J. D Vance, Oh my God, sin among sins also owns a coffee shop, pastor of a church in Cincinnati, husband, father, citizen of the City of Cincinnati. He does have a passion to make change shifts Cincinnati back to a city where families don't have to be afraid of visit venues downtown. He has a passion for the city of Cincinnati. Interjecting my own call thoughts and comments, I really believe he is an ex man, and we'll do right by anybody of any political spectrum. If you live in the city of Cincinnati. Everything he is campaigning on seems to lack a political stripe. You want a safe neighborhood, Corey Bowman. You want to support the police, Corey Bowman. You want your roads fixed, Corey Bowman. All makes sense. So the point on this one is though, As a Signal ninety nine rights. About a month ago, after a couple of weeks of heavy rain, Corey arrived home to find a fine from the City of Cincinnati taped to his front door because this grass was too tall. Question, do any of you mow your lawn to the pouring rain? We don't, says Signal ninety nine. Did they give Corey a warning? Absolutely not. They gave him a five hundred dollars fine. Signal ninety nine rights. My grass was almost a foot tall that week in June. I posted memes about it. I was incited. Were any of you when city officials started abusing their power to bully and intimidated the candidate running against your mayor? We have to cry foul shame on you. The mayor was a Republican and the candidate runing against him was a Democrat. Around this intimidation was happening to the Democrat candidate, this would be national news. So they posted a screenshot of the ticket that he got on his front door, five hundred dollars fine soaking wet grass. They conclude with, stop this pathetic attempt at utilizing intimidation tactics to scare off a good man with a pure heart who doesn't lie to his constituents, like our current mayor and police chief. We hope you've only strengthened his resolve use of power or massive amounts of coincidences. Please share this far and wide. This is not acceptable. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves. Yeah that's not right. I bet you and I could drive around the city today or any other day in five and all kinds of yards with grass that is in dire need of being cut and no citations given. I think signal ninety nine has nailed it. He's being targeted. Coming on seven twenty sixth, if you have cares the talk station, let's do some fun charitable work. Coming up next with Hart for Seniors. Patty Scott in the studio putting a smile on everyone's face. First word for Cover, since he get in touch with John Room and the team of Cover. Sincey start off, you don't have any obligation. You don't pay Cover Sinsey to do the work they're going to do for you. They won't sell any of your information to anybody else. If you go out into the world and search online for alternative to what your current medical coverage is, trust me, you're gonna get inundated with emails from the four corners of the universe. That will not happen with John Cover. Since he consults with you. They talk about where you are, what kind of insurance you currently have, and since they're working for you, sitting on the same side of the table, the other guys on the opposite side of the table are the two hundred plus insurance companies that Cover. Since he has access to and the thousands of different medical policies, and they'll put a package of policies together that'll give you dollar one coverage, get your catastrophic coverage, gets you the hospitalization coverage for Lass money couples under sixty five, typically saving between five hundred and one thousand dollars a month. With better coverage and once you get through work through cover, since they find you a better path for medical insurance, you get the benefit of the team staying with you and again no additional there's no cost on this. They'll solve the claims problems you probably will run into who hasn't gotten a denial or some goofy EOB that you don't quite understand. You don't have to spend hours on the line with the insurance company. Let the team it covers since he iron it out for you to reach them, start the conversation. Please do five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five. You can fill the form out online get the process started. It's easy to do. Just go to coversincy dot com fifty five KRC the toxic time with the chene nine first one one to forecasts see advisor in effect until eight p m. Why it's going to be hot today, very humid going up to ninety one. Afternoon storms are a possibility over an It was seventy four with clear sky Tomorrow ninety two sunny, heat, humidity, of course, and afternoon showers and storms again a possibility. Overnight mostly clouds in seventy five and Sunday, say it again, it would be mostly cloudy. Showers and storms are a possible in the afternoon. It'll be high of ninety seventy seven degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 9: From the UCL Traffic Center. At you see Health, you'll find comprehensive care. The personal makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Highway traffic in pretty good shape. North pounds seventy five was slowing a bit at the lateral, not at the moment and sing for southbound two seventy five was slow in approaching the Carrel Cropper branch, but even that looks better from the Lawrence Purd ramp. Shot King ramon fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's seven point thirty seven thirty one fifty five KRCD talk station and been looking forward to this moment in time, knowing full well that Patty's gonna back in the studio. That'd be Patty Scott from one of my favorite charities at Heart number four Seniors heartfor Seniors dot org. Check out the website to five oh one C three nonprofit and it stands for Healthcare Evolution, Alert Responsive Technology, And what they do is fund research and development for advanced alert response technologies to help offset the substantial cost that follows from incontinence. For example, a senior in an assisted living facility wallowing in their own urine feces results in massive problems, uncomfortable. Absolutely, healthcare problems abound. Yes, there is a quick, easy and affordable solution for all that, and Heart for Seniors delivers on that. But they do so much more, as we've learned. Patty, it is always a pleasure seeing you and your smiling face. Welcome back. I understand you've got some good news for us.
Speaker 1: Today, Brian.
Speaker 6: We have so much good news, so much good news. I don't even know where to start. First of all, your listeners are amazing, and I always.
Speaker 2: Give my listeners a big props, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 11: Well, but I love them because that's what we're here for, is to help them. And let me tell you, it's hard to navigate out there the healthcare system.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, healthcare is complicated.
Speaker 6: It's very complicated.
Speaker 11: And you know, us in this wonderful age group here, we're kind of navigating both sides of things, from our children to our parents.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know, it's been really.
Speaker 11: Interesting since we've been on in the last several months, and I kind of have to share with you because it's been tough, and this is exactly why we're here, and this is what I want to share with you, the success of what's occurred. And it kind of ties back into the Cunningham sisters, which are your favorite people by the way.
Speaker 2: They they came over to my mom's house because I gave them a contribution, And if you contribute to Hard for Seniors, you'll get a little visit from the Cunningham sisters, who are absolutely not just adorable, but they are so amazingly talented. They did a couple of a cappella numbers from my mom. Oh my god, she was so moved by that. Oh and they were so friendly and charming and just filled with like honest love. You know, you can see when someone's faking it. Those girls do not fake it. What they do comes from their heart, and it does. It's a pleasure to behold it does.
Speaker 11: So let me kind of share with you one thing that Heart for Seniors does is we're just trying to fix things and become solutions, and especially for your listeners. You know, we're getting messages every single hour upon hour upon people needing help and resources. So yes, it's about the alert response technology. Yeah, but it's also about helping people find solutions because it's just so hard to navigate. So everything from I don't know how to change a YouTube. I need help with some moon care. I don't really know how to get my mom over to dialysis. I've been trying this agent and they don't take my mom's insurance.
Speaker 6: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 11: I have to work, we have all this post operative care. It's just it's really so stressful. It's so stressful.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and which psally extra stressful because you're talking about probably someone who is your mom or dad, a loved one, someone you care profoundly and deeply about. So you're really desperately trying to find answers to these questions.
Speaker 11: And imagine even in the summer months, if you're the caretaker and you're about to go off of vacation and you don't have anybody to stay at home, and or you're taking your kids off to college or whatever the case may be, your parents are five hours away, six hours away. So let me just share with you something local that occurred that has transitioned into this that now has really something cool that's connected the Cunningham sister. So, the Cunningham sister's mother, as you all know because they've talked about it, has been at a veteran's hospital for twenty plus years. She's a nurse and has all kinds of psych history as well as just patient advocacy, respite care, you name it, from a nursing perspective, she has clinical background to do it. Many weeks ago, we got a phone call from a very he's going to be coming on the show next month, a very well known basketball college coach locally. Oh, his father was in Georgia, had transferred from a hospital to a short term care facility. That was a very, very bad experience. They were basically just drugging him with a drug to keep him. Just stated, we had to get him up here for them normal transport, you call the company's things like that.
Speaker 6: Fourteen fifteen thousand dollars, Oh horrible.
Speaker 11: The bigger issue is he was now on dialysis and had anthem. Do you realize there's not many facilities that do dialysis and or take anthem. Oh, that in itself just completely freaked him out. Can you imagine wanting to move somebody here, your loved one. You can't put them in your house because of situations and issues. He's incontinent, so he knew he needed our system. And two, but where do you put him? Because every facility he called they either had dialysis but they didn't have anthem, or they had anthem but they didn't have dialysis. Long story short, Tara has now branched out and has partnered with Hartford Seniors. She actually has called Care by Tara. She is fully offering all services. So we actually flew down this person, this head coach hired her. We flew down. There's so many complicated things when you go to transport a senior, much less out of a nursing home. There's wellness checks that have to take place. There's doctor's notes Delta. Thank god, I'm not promoting them, but they were amazing to work with. Did you know you have to fill prescriptions after you leave a facility. You have to go to a clinic to actually fill a prescription, before you get onto a flight, before you cross state lines. There's so many checklists and things that have to take place, and it was like this Navy seal mission that took place that we all got done in a twelve hour period of time with Coach.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, da amazing.
Speaker 11: What was amazing though, Brian was once we broke him out of there, he was just like it's sunlight and he was reading signs and he was.
Speaker 2: So happy because he wasn't in a drug induced kalma anymore.
Speaker 6: And but what was so amazing.
Speaker 2: I just I tell you, we're out of time. I don't want to get the Harry eyeball from Joe. So we'll continue on this track and we'll have more good news to deliver from Yeah, from Patty Heart number four Seniors dot Org help him out. You'll be doing a world of good for folks in these situations. Seven thirty eight. If you have KC Detalk Station USA installation, you'd be doing yourself a world of good by calling for the free quote, free inspection, under insulated and no insallation. Homes USA's premium foam made right here in Ohio, the highest our value phone in the market, will guarantee you savings if you're using your HVAC systems. You will get savings month to month, maybe even more than the cost of the insulation, which is ninety nine dollars a month interest free. You get a twelve dollars energy tax credit next year too from the federal government. When you're doing your taxes all the right reasons, guaranteed improvement and comfort. You'll notice that day one and then month to month savings, and substantially it will be so improve your home life. Get USA's Premium phone three eight one three six two sixty five one three three eight one foam Learn more online. Check it out at USA insallation.
Speaker 3: Dot net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Did you know even the smallest increases ten and nine. Weather Forecast Heat Advisor in effectual eight pm today, very hot, very human, ninety one with a chance of afternoon showers. Overnight low seventy four, mostly clear, Another mostly sunny day out of humidity and heat ninety two for the high. Tomorrow with showers of storms in the afternoon, clouds over night seventy five, and a mostly cloudy Sunday ninety for the high and again a chance of afternoon showers seventy six degrees. Right now, time for traffic from.
Speaker 1: The UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: You see health, you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at u sehealth dot com. North Bend seventy five slopes just a bit between Buttermilk and Kyle's right now North and southbound seventy five doing fine between the lateral and the Reagan Highway. Different story about eleven o'clock tonight when you'll be down to just one lane for the weekend thanks to construction. Chuck Ingram Hunt fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty two fifty five krcity talkstation Heart number four. Seniors dot org help them out up right hand corner on the website. Donate because you'd be doing a world of good for seniors in assisted living facilities, but also beyond on that and Patty Patty Scott from Hartford Seniors in Studio to add to the good news. Now, we've previously talked about the nursing homes and assisted living facilities Alzheimer's dimension facilities where there are so few people handling so many patients. Yes, they have a scheduled check, they go to a room on schedule, they see they check the diaper and see, okay, it's dry, but they walk out the door and that's when the diaper gets soiled. But they don't show back up to that room for another fifteen twenty hours or whatever the rotation is. Meanwhile, that person is living in misery. It can cause complications health. We've talked about that multitude of times. That's in senior living facilities. What new development do you have for my listeners who are caring for a loved one in that condition in their homes, Patty, So.
Speaker 11: We've been telling you we've been working on We knew the technology would work at home, but we wanted to make sure that we've been testing it and making sure we didn't have any issues, because our biggest issues is we knew it would work inside the house, but people leave to go to doctor's appointments right and right. They're mobile, and so we needed to make sure that not only did it work for the caregiver inside the home, but if they left to go to the doctor's offices and things, things wouldn't click off and they would be mobile with them on their phone as well.
Speaker 6: So I wanted to visually bring with you.
Speaker 11: It's hard for your listeners to see and understand, but I want I wanted you to see how tiny a.
Speaker 2: Pack of playing card. It's the size of a pack of playing cards. It's a computer. They plugged into your device, and that's it. That's it.
Speaker 1: It's just small.
Speaker 11: But if you saw the inside of it and saw how complicated it looks, it's it's literally the coolest thing ever. It'll plug straight into a router and we if you don't have your own smartphone, you'll get a smartphone, so it'll be provided if you don't.
Speaker 2: It's all covered.
Speaker 11: It's all covered, and there's an app, and we'll teach you. It's so simple. You buy the briefs, obviously, which are the smart briefs. They talk to it and so on and so forth, a risk wearable which does the pul sox, the heart rate, the whole nine yards.
Speaker 6: What's really, really, really super cool is.
Speaker 11: When you leave the home with your loved one to go to the doctor's office, that obviously little computer router technology system of ours stays in your home.
Speaker 6: You don't take it.
Speaker 11: Everything transfers over onto that smartphone. You take that with you, so it remains in common remains in contact, the data remains there. And what the next phase of that will be, which is we're really excited about, is all that data is living and we'll be able to share with your healthcare provider, with your loved ones healthcare provider, Like we'll have real data, live statistics that if they want to see urinary patterns, right toileting patterns. Your dad is toileting at this time every single day. Your mom is toileting at this time every day. They have had a bout movement, they haven't had a bow movement. When was the last time they had one?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 11: What is their pulsex? When is their pull sox dropping? What's their heart rate throughout the day? I mean, does anybody know what their heart rate is throughout the day if they're not really monitoring, Especially like my dad who's eighty eight. An Apple watch doesn't work on him because his pull sox drops below ninety and an Apple watch won't cover below ninety. It's mostly just for healthy people, and my dad's pul sox can drop to forty four. Sadly, if he drops off his oxygen at night and he takes it off or doesn't realize he takes it off. So alert response technology is so incredibly important.
Speaker 2: Well, this also works with diabetic diabetes levels.
Speaker 11: Well that's interesting because we actually, we actually are working. We've reached out to Abbott because a lot of people in nursing homes have the Libra, but the Libra can't talk to the system yet. Okay, right, it talks to their system, yeah yeah, yeah, but it just sits in the room and it doesn't all alert and it's one of the biggest frustrations nurses have. So we're trying to get a hold of some people at Abbot to say, hey, we already have the system.
Speaker 6: Can we just connect in and let it talk?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Right, exactly, just work with us.
Speaker 6: Just let it connect in.
Speaker 11: I don't know if you have any Abbot connections out there, but if they can, if they can call, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 6: We just I mean, we're trying.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 11: Again, we don't it doesn't have to be our proprietary software. Quite honestly. If there's other software that people have that is incredibly important for somebody's health, call us and we can fit it into the ecosystem. Again, it's important for us to be very responsive. Alert response technology.
Speaker 2: Let's pluster and we'll bring Patty back for one. We'll also catch ourselves a crime stopper, bad guy or gals the case. Maybe of the week. That'll be next. Let me first mention though, chimneycare fireplace and stove. If you wood burners out there, you got a wood burning fireplace, you got a chimney attached to it, have it inspected. Chimneycare fireplace is stove of offering a special right now for my wood burning friends. It's rhea, so it build ups the problem folks that'll catch on fire. Eventually you'll have a chimney fire, chimney fire that could burn your house down. Yeah, we're talking safety here, and what a perfect time of year, as hot and human as it is to take care of safety. So you can light your fire in the fireplace this fall when the temperatures drop, knowing full well that you won't have a chimney fire. Certified chimney sweep will come out to do a video camera inspection of your entire chimney and do a sweep, thorough sweep and evaluation. You'll be safe so you can enjoy that fire. So the woodburning sweep and evaluation right now only one hundred and sixty nine dollars and ninety nine cents plus tax one sixty nine ninety nine. Chimneycare Fireplace is though locally on and operated since nineteen eighty eight eight plus with a better business bureau. Get in touch with them one of two ways call them five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred. Book your appointment online at Chimneycareco dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC Service.
Speaker 2: To America Part number four. Seniors dot org is the website. And Patti Scott from Hard for Seniors and Studio, what an amazing, amazing, amazing thing. Now this technology that you have in nursing home facilities memory care facilities now available for you in your home. Small device about the size of a pack of playing cards, which will monitor the smart underwear that your senior has to make sure there's no incontinence issues. It keeps all this data you just talked about, reams and realms of very important data that your doctor, physician, other healthcare providers can use. And what amazing peace of mind you mentioned. You can leave the home and they will report the activity to your smartphone and I was thinking along the lines of, Wow, if you've got an outside caretaker coming into your home, you might have the same worries and concerns that you would have if you have a senior in an assistant living facility. Are they really taking care of my loved one? Or are they watching TV and plan? On the smartphones, you'll know you get an alert on your phone, you can call them up and say, hey, Dad needs his underwear change, or he's having an issue with his oxygen level.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, let me tell you what else is really cool about that. Let's say we're in ten facilities right right now. But let's say that somebody one of your listeners has their parents in a facility that we're not in. Oh yeah, okay, but they want this this technology in the room that they're loved ones in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 11: We set up their room as if it's their home. We can train their nurse. Right, that's in there.
Speaker 6: Straight.
Speaker 11: We just put it right on their phone. It's an app, right, and it's alert response technology. So it's very simple. Were specially doesn't have right doesn't have to be an entire facility, can just be a single individual patient.
Speaker 2: Although if you are an assisted facility manager. You're the personal response before it. Maybe an owner of assisted living facility. You really really want this technology. It will improve the lives of your patients. You'll have a much higher review rate, You'll have a much more satisfied group of family members who are probably constantly worried about whether Dad or Mom's being checked on properly. Maybe they're the ones that discover that no, Dad's been laying in his own feces now for the last six hours. Thank god I came in to visit them so I can raise three forms of Holy hell with the staff members. This makes it all easy.
Speaker 11: Or they've taken their oxygen off and they're spo two drops to sixty, or maybe an insolent shot has been given when it shouldn't have been given.
Speaker 2: Potential liability issues there that you can avoid by adopting this technology. Yeah, put my lawyer cap on on that one. There's just so many reasons, and I can't thank you and everybody involved it hard for seniors for just for doing what you're doing.
Speaker 11: We can't thank you enough for giving us the exposure. Your listeners were here to help, like they're the best, and they reach out and we want to help. We want to help them, We want to be a resource.
Speaker 2: And consider that story you told earlier about the local basketball coach and his father and the struggles they had getting them removed from that facility and up to where they were going to be taken care of. You helped deal with that problem as well, so a variety of services. It's easy to reach them. Heart four Seniors Heart the number four Seniors dot org. Please check out their website, check out what they do, and you know, I strongly encourage you to make a donation. That contribution with huge, huge return on investment for a lot of people out there in the world. Patty, God bless you and everything you do. You always make my day when you show up. God bless you, Brian and Hugg the Cunningham Sisters for me.
Speaker 11: I will and hey, don't forget for all those donations. They get a nice song out of it. Yeah, Oh, we're all continuing to do that.
Speaker 2: I was afraid to ask.
Speaker 1: Yes, No, that's on going right there, folks.
Speaker 2: A donation to Heart for Seniors you're gonna get a live performance and someday, someday they are so talented you'll be able to look back when they're like gold records selling records selling tour. They came to my house and sung to my mom and dad in the living room. I know them, I met them, I got pictures with them when they were no one. And congratulations the Cunningham sisters on signing. They got a record contract. So you will be hearing more from them. Patty, God bless you can keep up the great work, folks. Stick around, Jess Obert. More charity work coming up. It's Peyton Lemonade stand season. Jess Obert on the phone to talk about that. We'll hear from Brian Miller about the gen Zs shifting over to the trades in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. The Building Industry Association of Northern Kentucky's Brian Miller at a thirty I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Co Hus happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: Not gonna be complicated. It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Report your summer pocket knife of information.
Speaker 6: It's the only way to stay informed.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Eight oh five on a Friday, and a Happy Friday to Eve on the heels of wonderful charity work being done by part for seniors. We pivot over to another unmitigated success story and what an inspiration this is to everyone. Welcome back to the fifty five Carrisey Morning Show. Jess Ober, mother of Peyton, who created and founded at the age of six, the Peyton's Lemonade Stand, were coming up on the date. Welcome back, Jess. It's always a pleasure talking with you.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much. Brian, It's always great to chat with you.
Speaker 2: Well, the history of this thing is just amazing when I look year after year and this is the eighth annual Peyton's Lemonade Stand. The money you raise, the money the sale of the lemonade goes to help children in need. And it started out with your daughter, who was six, decided she wanted to set up a lemonade stand back in twenty eighteen the sole purpose of using all of the money to buy new toys for patients at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Apparently she got a teddy bear when she was there, and she so thoroughly appreciated that gesture and loved it so much that she knew other children would benefit from the same kind of thing. So she wanted to take some steps and raise some money to that effort. What a glorious thing. And it's blown up since then. Jess, Oh my word, that's a good word.
Speaker 12: Yes, it's just it's grown so much. It's been incredible to see the growth for these past eight years.
Speaker 2: And it's not too late. My listeners can help out on this. Get a load of these figures. The first one she did all by herself. She raised seven hundred and sixty eight bucks, which is really impressive considering it's one girl with a lemonade stand fast forward neighborhood. Well there you see doubling down, and it's like people want to give to I mean, I think people like to buy from children's lemonade stands. Period, end of story. These are young entrepreneurs. They're taking the effort. They're sitting out in the sun, they're doing something that's productive and making the money. So we're all gravitating toward that. But when you see a young person that is raising money for charity, you're like, oh my god, that's such a beautiful thing. Here, let me buy some.
Speaker 12: She's kicker, Brian, She's never charged a dime for her lemonade.
Speaker 1: It's always been free all donations.
Speaker 2: Well that's so beautiful. All right, let's walk through the years. So again, seven sixty eight year one, twenty nineteen, seven thousand dollars twenty twenty. Now that was when she was still by herself. Then you started adding others. Others were like, hey, can I get involved with this? Can I open my own Peyton's Lemonade stand? So you created Peyton's Pals. You got eight additional lemonade stands in twenty twenty and so for the third annual lemonade stand you raised thirty five thousand dollars. Sit tight, folks, because it only gets better from there. So you saw how great this thing's grow, and you formed a five oh one c three nonprofit. In twenty twenty one, fourth annual event, you had over one hundred young people doing thirty lemon stands, sixty thousand dollars. Fast forward to twenty twenty two, you're up to fifty stand You got two hundred children and a lot of community assistants, eighty five thousand dollars raised twenty twenty three, one hundred thousand dollars and folks, this is contributions, donations in one single day and then last year I asked, and last year I had you on the program, and I don't know what I predicted that you would raise, but you ultimately had ninety stands. Kentucky's involved, Indiana's involved, as well as Ohio where it started. You had much more people involved. One hundred and twenty five thousand dollars raised in only three hours. That is just fantastic. I made a trip down to Loveland. There was a store of Loveland. They had elevenade stand and I made a contribution down there and got myself a glass elemonade. So that's just great. So this year, what's the day? How can people get involved? And you you're also teaching children a lot about philanthropy, so it's not just getting involved for one day. You're trying to use this as a learning experience. Jess Oh, for.
Speaker 12: Sure, that's been the beauty, just to see all of the kids who are now involved. Hundreds of kids will be out tomorrow hosting their lemonade stands. And I always tell people, you know, your visit might be the spark that ignites, you know, a lifelong passion of giving back for these kids. So I really encourage people to visit our website to see the map where all one hundred and four lemonade stands will be tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Everywhere there in all partss Peyton's Lemonade Stand dot org.
Speaker 12: And if you go to get involved, visit a stand, you'll see a map a lemons. If you can click on a lemon or you can just scroll right below that map you'll see all of the locations listed. And while this is a lot of kids in their driveways hosting, it's also a lot of businesses this year, more this year than any other year. So we have like Buskin Bakery, Big B Coffee this year, homes is hosting at five of their model homes, tons of local boutiques like Shop Sharvond and Metallic Draft.
Speaker 10: And lou Louse.
Speaker 12: It's just a community buy in this year is absolutely incredible.
Speaker 2: I'm so pleased to see that.
Speaker 12: Speaking of Buskin, they are also doing a give back with their famous Smiley iced cookie, a portion of all proceeds from those cookies. This week and through tomorrow, we'll go back to Peyton's Lemonade Stand.
Speaker 2: Wow wow, and I'm looking at the map. Oh my word. Turn around and you'll be staring at yet another Peyton's lemonade stands, So feel free to donate at all the locations. It's gonna take you all day to do it. That's a beautiful site to behold.
Speaker 12: That's what we laugh about is somebody will say, well, I'm going to go to this stand, and then when they get to that stand, they're like, what past three on my way here? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well look at you.
Speaker 2: You've gone nationwide too. It's not just the Greater CINCINNTI area, which does include northern Kentucky and Indiana stands. You got one in Lakeside, Ohio. You got one in Cambridge, Ohio. And oh look there's one in Atlanta, Georgia, and one in Carlsbad, New Mexico. Word's gotten out. You're gonna be nationwide. I mean completely nationwide. I figured Jess over next year I talk to you, there's gonna be lemonade stands from New York to California.
Speaker 12: Wouldn't that be cool?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: What's Peyton say about? Does she have a full appreciation of what she was able to accomplish by starting this out eight years ago?
Speaker 12: You know, I think it's the older she gets and the more we we do a lot of like presentations in that throughout the years. So the more she tells her story and the more you know, feedback she gets, I think it's really starting to click for her. You know, she's starting to understand the impact that just one person can make. Yeah, and so that motivates her to keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I am glad you phrased it that way, because you know I tend to and I'll tend to be a check writer. I'm happy to support charities, but I'm not the guy that's going to stand up and say, hey, I got an idea, and you know, let's do this. And then because I don't know anything about accomplishing whatever idea I could possibly come up with. I remember a gentleman that you said on the program that started a marathon to help with Honor Flight Trice date. One guy connection with the military, but he loved the organization. But if you started and you and you hold your hand up and say I'm going to be the person that's going to coordinate this or start it off, You'd be amazed how many people will rise up and embrace the concept and want to help you out. Clearly, right, I a six year old Peyton did not have any concept that she would end up with one hundred plus different stands and probably thousand people plus out there helping her out to accomplish this goal.
Speaker 12: Well, and that's just been what's so cool about this is just how organically it has grown. And we say that, you know, she knew something that we didn't. You know, she had this vision and to be honest, when she was six and hosting a lemonade stand in her driveway, like I really thought like this was just going to be in one time, right right, But she was adamant, I mean adamant that it become an annual summer tradition. And you know, had she not been that way, we wouldn't be where we are now, because, like I said, we were fine what she is doing it once?
Speaker 2: All right, Mom, Mom, Jess. It didn't take you prompting her or inspiring her to continue to do this and hey, you need to do this next year. That was her idea.
Speaker 12: Okay, so I'll admit to you and everybody listening. But I told my husband after that first stand and she talked, she was already talking about the following summer. I said, just don't mention it and maybe she'll forget so, I mean, super selfish on my part, But I mean, really, we're not. We're not expecting this, No.
Speaker 4: You are it.
Speaker 2: It has turned out you do You mentioned you do seminars and presentations, so you're you're really working on this Peyton's Lemonade Stand thing throughout the year.
Speaker 12: Then, oh, but it is my full time job. I mean it is an actual five oh one c three. We have given out Brian over five million dollars in those in kind donations and monetary donations, oh mych to local organizations who's mission aligns with ours, you know, who are serving kids facing hardships. So it's really wild to see what one little lemonade stand hosted by a six year old girl has turned into.
Speaker 2: It is absolutely stunning. And listeners, I just do yourself a favor and get inspired and enlightened and maybe help participate and help out. Even if you can't visit a lemonade stand tomorrow, even though there's one literally right next to you, there's a donate button on the website. You can help them out achieve their goal from the comfort of your own home. But Peyton's lemonadestand dot org. But when you're there, click on the map and just look at that and just remember this all started with a six year old girl. Just I love the story, I really do. Jesse. I started off mentioning, you know, to get toys for children that are in the hospital. You obviously have branched out. You mentioned providing you distributed five million dollars in donations to various organizations. What are the some of the other organizations or types of organizations that some of these.
Speaker 12: Funds go to. Well, we work with a lot of local organizations I like to help, like the smaller ones. I feel like our impact is a lot bigger there so places like Upspring that serves kids experiencing homelessness, so or a help Sposit who helps kids, you know, in the foster care system. We work a lot with CPS, and a lot of those schools within CPS are very underfunded, and so we've been you know, we send kids on memorable field trips. We work with Cincinnati Recreation Commission and we provide brand new swimsuits and towels and goggles for kids who show up to their pools who don't have you know, who don't have a suit to go swim with their friends, and we do help children, and we do a lot for Ronald McDonald House. Last year we helped over forty different organizations, and so you're right, it has branched out beyond the walls of children, simply because the need is just so great everywhere.
Speaker 10: And so.
Speaker 12: We've been really honored to be able to help so many local kids and families and organizations here.
Speaker 2: Here, locally beautiful. Everything about this is just wonderful. Peyton's lemonedestand dot or get involved, help out any way. You can't enjoy a glass of lemonade to make a nice contribution, be doing society a favor. Well, I have nothing but great words for you, you organization, for what Peyton started so many years ago, and the fact that you've turned this into this amazing successful charity. And let's see, should we predict how much money you're gonna take in this year? Jess?
Speaker 12: This year is bananas. It's big. The weather like floss my fingers. I think it's gonna it's gonna be hot, but I think it's gonna be dry, and I don't know.
Speaker 2: Brian Bots go for business all right three hours last year with ninety lemonade stands one hundred and twenty five grand. I'm gonna go two hundred. I'm going two hundred thousand this year.
Speaker 1: I said it.
Speaker 2: I hope I'm right.
Speaker 12: You're a listener's better show up.
Speaker 2: I hope I'm right. Or if I'm wrong, I hope it's because I undercount it and you get more than two hundred. It's easy to do, folks. Buy some lemonade, drop a twenty dollars bill or something in the donation jar, and let's help them achieve the goal. Regardless, it will go to worthy causes. Just over, God bless you, God bless Peyton, and keep up the great work. You and I will talk again next year or maybe after the lemonade stand tomorrow is all done and over with, and you can report on how much money you pulled in.
Speaker 12: We'd love that.
Speaker 2: Please do it. Just over, Good luck, have a great weekend. It's by pleasure. It's eight twenty right now, fifty five KC Detalk Station til.
Speaker 3: Kowa, fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here's your channel nine. First one on the forecast. Start with the heat advisory, which is in effect until eight pm because it's going to be a very hot day to day. It'll be humid today, it'll be ninety one for a high today, overnight lowes seventy four with clear skies mostly sunny. Heat, humidity again tomorrow, a lot of it. Afternoon showers and storms also a possibility tomorrow ninety two for the highest seventy five overnight with clowns and fati on Sunday as well, chance of afternoon showers and a high of ninety eighty. Right now, time for traffics.
Speaker 1: You see how Triumphank Center, you see health.
Speaker 9: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcome. So expect more at you sehelp dot com North Bend seventy five.
Speaker 1: That slows just.
Speaker 9: Event through the satbound seventy five doing fine out of the Mocklin Slow's just a bit at the brand Spence northbound four seventy one. Problem for you this morning under five minutes from two seventy five to town Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station, Hey.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine fifty five KR. Se the talk station. Bryan Timas you wishing everybody very happy Friday. I hope you had some plans for the weekend to put a smile on your face, and let us suggest maybe if you've got a young person in your home, that maybe they don't go to college and incurg two hundred thousand dollars in student loans to come out with a degree in art or something. That there is no employment opportunity there. That's a foolish exercise. How about a career opportunity rather than four years in college, how about earning while you learn, get a job in the trades, and apparently there are a lot of jobs out there. Welcome Brian Miller. He is with the Northern Kentucky or sorry, the Building Industry Association of Northern Kentucky. You can find him online at builders nky dot com. Brian, welcome to the program.
Speaker 5: Good to have you on today, one of my friend Howry on this fine Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great, and you know, I'm a convert for what you're pushing here, which is a career opportunity in the trades. And the important operative word in that is career. You can earn a good living in the trades. This isn't something you know, This isn't like going to work in a McDonald's. You can actually raise a family and and and buy a home. Well maybe not in this housing market, but you can actually afford to live and enjoy life while working in the trades.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this this.
Speaker 5: Housing of August is another call in I think. But as far as the trades go, you know, just it's it's an outstanding opportunity. Unlike so many decades before. You know, we're seeing a big shift. This latest generation generation Z. They're really making a press into the end of the trades and they're really the hands on generation. And you know when they look at at the trades, they're talking about things like coming to electrician, plumber and HVAC installer, carpenters, welders, masons, people that work on facilities. And we're looking at wages just straight out of the trade school that are really getting to the level of about you know, the mid fifties all the way up to around ninety thousand dollars. And if you're talking about taking those skills to the next level, you know, we can talk about that, but we're really talking about leveling up in the way of potential income in a very short amount of time. And so we're seeing folks that come through the NSR A buillion Institute, which I know that we're here to talk about plus this generation Z trend, but you know, we're seeing folks that are we just get around the interviews, this videos of some of our students and graduates. We're seeing twenty two year olds, twenty three year olds buying their first home, buying their first vehicles, investing in their future wealth and going back to what the American dream used to look like for your fifty years.
Speaker 2: Ago, and you know, and doing rewarding work. Brian, I have. I am a dabbler, you know, jack of all trades, master of none. But I owned a really old house when we lived in Oak Park, Illinois, one hundred and twenty five year old home, and it needed a lot of work. And my wife and I at the time didn't have the resources to hire people out to do all this work. So I learned back then, you go to the library and you get a book, you figure out how to do. You know, a plaster and lathe work would work. Actually made some of my own furniture teaching myself how to do it. But the nice thing about it, and the only reason I bring that up, is because when you walk into a room like the bathroom that I remodeled, I learned how to lay tile. You walk in, there's a sense of pride. You created something that is going to be there and outlast you. And that's the kind of thing that I've heard from people in the trades all the time. I hung that high iron on that skyscraper I helped to build, to do the masonry work on that building. I mean, everywhere you go, you've got something to show for the work that you've done.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, you know, a lot of our instructors are actually graduate of the program and their current trades people, and a lot, you know, we have information this report were just released about how they're beginning to age or have been agent quite some time. And you talk to these folks and they tell you, with a sense of pride and a little glint of a tier in the corner of their eye, how they drive pass structures all the time, watch people go into work, watch families kiss their loved ones goodbye as they go to work in the morning or come home in the afternoon, and say, I had a hand in building that I was in that room, I made that happen. That kid sits at that desk in their bedroom. You know, I installed that trim carp deree or that that company that's going in and clocking in every day. If it weren't for me, that structure wasn't going to end up being there. So yeah, they has a great sense of pride and a great opportunity. And you know, on top of that, I don't know if any other industry in this country where company ownership and company management has got an open gate the way it does now in the.
Speaker 2: Construction industry, excellent point. Entrepreneurial opportunities abound now you learn your HVAC trade work and going through the Endswiler Building Institute, you can earn why you learn. We'll talk about the details on this. We'll take a break in a second. You can break it down a little bit more thoroughly, Brian. But you can quit wherever you are and start your own business. Once you got the skill sets needed, you could become your own employer. And what a great thing that is for the entrepreneurial minded kids out there or folks out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got this that they what't the generation Z. They are some smart folks. And it's not just the old trades, you know, just nothing technology laced the younger people are really bringing technology on the job site with them, and so this is stuff that AI can't take away. But you know, we're seeing a lot of gen zs. They are actually teaming up right out of our school and they've found out the secret that Hey, if I really want to do well in this world, and I really want to provide for my family and for myself and my loved ones, I can team up with a group of other trade professionals. We can build up a company and to a point where it is a marketable sale, and we can sell it. We can go back and do that again two or three times. And you're talking about an open paycheck for what the rest of the world looks like for you. So, you know, just there's just such a lack of these of these of these of these companies out there, and we you know, one of the things that's been driving up the price of homes is lack of homes. But part of the causes of that is we got the lack of builders are just full buildings. But we're talking about people that are in the trades period. So we have minished our supply of trades people to a point where that demand curve has gone up so high that the wages are spiking, and it's just an amazing opportunity for folks here just the last five years and the trades that we teach it. We're going to do here in a little bit, but we're looking at somewhere between it's sixteen up to around a twenty seven percent increase in the last five years and just these wages alone. So you know, a plumber back about you know, five years ago, eight years ago, it was making fifty to fifty one thousand dollars. They're getting close to seventy thousand dollars now.
Speaker 2: Career opportunity Haus. We'll pause, will bring Brian Miller back to talk a little bit more about the ends while or building Institute. But something I'm more I'm more excited about and really think is just a really cool thing is the Covington Academy of Heritage. Trade more with Brian Miller from the Building Industry of Northern Kentucky again online at builders nky dot com. Pause for a moment, will be right.
Speaker 3: Back fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: John and I one of the Work ass Heat Advisory until eight pm. It's one up in ninety one today with very humid conditions overnight, it's going to be clear, it's going to drop to seventy four. It'll be sticky and hot tomorrow and going up to ninety two degrees and maybe some showers in the afternoon. Thouds of a night down to seventy five, and Sunday is going to be mostly flatty day again, a possible shower in the afternoon and a high of ninety eighty one degrees. Right now, let's get a traffic update.
Speaker 9: You see how Traffic Center, you see health. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at uce health dot com. Highway traffic continues to look good. No major problems to deal with. That includes the lays. It's going to be a different story on seventy five a little bit later on tonight. They're going to walk off one late day eight o'clock both north and southbound seventy five, then two after eleiven o'clock between the Reagan Highway and the latter Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey forty fifty five KRCD Talk station from the Building Industry Association in Northern Kentucky. Brian Miller talking about jobs and career opportunities in the trades. Real quick, Brian, before we dive on into the Enswaller Institute and the other thing that I'm interested in, the Covington Academy of Heritage Trades, I just want to let you know one of my regular listeners, jeff who's in the machine tool business, owns his own business, Mark Contool. Shout out to the boys of Mark contol Jeffrey says, thanks for plugging the trades again today. We need all the help we can get. Serious opportunities are waiting for those that are willing to get their hands a little dirty. So there's one guy in the business out there doubling down on what you're saying, Brian. There are lots of jobs out there, and some really good paying ones. So let's pivot over. So if you go to the builders nkys dot com site, you'll see a link to the ends Wiler Building Institute. So let's start there and explain what that program involves. And I see you have opportunities for high school students as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 5: And in Kentucky, we've been expanding those. So the last two years we've had wonderful support by some legislators in our market, like this last session with Representative Kim Banta, in the session before that with Senator Shelley Funky Promyer.
Speaker 2: She's great, wonderful leaders.
Speaker 5: You know. We've been able to pass some bills which has been taking this dual credit concept that the part of the education has had for quite some time and shifting it over to the construction trade. So we are currently working with public schools and area technology centers and hopes to be able to solidify curriculum alignment where people that graduate from high school that are in these vocational programs are able to achieve dual credit and to our proprietary schools, our Abilion Institute, and you get into the trade and get into a license trade even that much faster. So we already accelerate your career advancement as a recognized education provider with state government and the license trades of electric, HVAC and plumbing. But this next step we'll be able to shave off another year. And what we've also been able to do is that on the job training hours you can now achieve those in high school too, So quite frankly, by the time that you come to our program and the license trades, you could be one year away from your licensure, which means an advancement of about twenty to thirty thousand dollars in your trades alone. And on the back end of that, we are going to start some value added classes because we know because college isn't right for everybody, but you can still pick up the skills as you can learn college without all the electives. We will be providing some classes in estimating and project management. You want to talk about a level up. We talked about twenty to thirty thousand dollars increase in these trades just to get you get your license in those three trades alone, But if you're looking at becoming an estimator in the field, an electrician can increase their pay by twenty to forty percent just by becoming an estimator, and if you've become a project manager, they can increase their pay from thirty percent to seventy percent. So we're talking about coming out with the license and the electric trades just under sixty thousand dollars. But if you get into project management, you're talking somewhere between seventy to one hundred and twenty thousand dollars. If you can run a crew and run and entire project.
Speaker 2: Not too shabby. Wow blows the mind, It really does. Wow. Now, let's use a hypothetical here. Let's say you're you know, you're in your forties and you're tired of being the producer for the fifty five carsy Morning show. Is it too late for someone mid career life to maybe turn to the trades and learn this as a career opportunity or is it sort of designed to focus mostly on the on the younger people?
Speaker 5: Now, Absolutely not. Our average age of our adult enroll is about twenty four years old, and we're trying to make that younger. But we do have several people that are in career transition, so they, you know, they've been in the workaday world.
Speaker 7: They're like, I'm burned out by this.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of pressures. And then we see artificial intelligence making its inter roads in the white collar community. Are folks that are choosing the trades because artificial intelligence can't fix your plumbing at two.
Speaker 2: O'clock in the morning. They can't. They actually did a South Park episode on that. It's fantastic, all right, Brian, Let's okay. So that's the ends Wild Building Institute. All the information there again at the website builders nky dot com. Let's pivot over to something that's near and dear in my heart. This is the Covington Academy of Heritage Trade. Now, I mentioned before we had one hundred and twenty five year old home. But I have always been interested in architecture, and I have a profound appreciation for the skill and the and the just the absolute amazing ability of old school craftsmen what they were able to accomplish by way of woodwork and these historic homes. It's just to me, it's awe inspiring that as a trade that that still exists through your Comington economy of heritage trades.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, this is one of only a handful of opportunities like this in the entire country. And this is this is a wonderful project. It's a partnership. It's a public private partnership with the City of Covington. We also received support for all of our trades, including the main Israel A billion institute, the Kenton County government, several other resources, state government support. There's a lot of industry professionals that help us out. But getting into this coming to the Academy of Heritage Trades, the City of Covington engaged a group called Place Economics and they did a study in northern Kentucky, specifically in the Covington area, our largest municipality, as so, what is the state of historic architecture in the area, also just an inventory of older homes, what condition they're in, what are the major components in need of work, and so what we're looking to do as a partnership is to raise up this aging urban core infrastructure to be able to provide a quality housing for folks. Now, the study that was done by Place Economics also found out that if you are a trades person out there, if you work in the historic trades, you're looking to increase your pay by about nine percent. So there is a little bit of a level up there with regards to getting into this field. Now, it's a different field, right, so it's not looking at a set of blueprints and building something from the ground up. You have to be a specialist, and that's what this academy is here to teach you to do, is to break down the barriers from somebody that works in the brand new build greenfield environment to be able to transition over to the historic environment to understand, Okay, if I'm going to it into that wall, what's behind it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: So ultimately that's really where the stumbling blocks are. And if we can help take those blocks out of the wall to transition people over to the historic trades, it's a profession. That's ultimately what the goal of the academy is. So we can do that, we can build up the community. We can make sure that the urban core is just as healthy as a housing market as the new built uh suburban environment and the excerbs, because you know, every home is every home matters, and so everybody has to have a place in this, in this, in this, in this, in this world, and all markets, especially throughout Greater Cincinnati and of course in our corner of the world here in Northern Kentucky need to have a vibrant housing market in every pocket and in every corner so that everybody and every income and strata can have a place to call home.
Speaker 2: Well, and from my perspective, Brian, they don't build them like they used to, and I mean they built them in the old days like they over build. I mean, ain't those soft two by fours in the walls of some of these older homes. But the program the coming to a cademy trades. I'm looking at the list box cutters, historic masonry, historic carpentry work, plaster work, which I mentioned before. It ain't drywall you're dealing with. It's plaster and lay than these historic homes. Historic painting work, stained in decorative glass, historic window restoration, weatherization along with wood floors. So those are the types of trades you learned old school methods which keeps the historic quality of the building going. I mean, and I imagine some of them. You suppose you could have a historic designated building, you have to comply with the original historic.
Speaker 5: Designs absolutely, I mean it comes and he has several different historic overlay districts which are all unique to their subcommunity. So like Pieslberg, all these main stress, all these different areas of all got their own characters. Years ago. The world was a lot smaller. We didn't get around that much, and so you really have to learn how to conform to that historic code. If you're in a historic zone or under an historic overlay, and you know it's just an opportunity for you to not only you know, become a trade professional, also increase your own home too. It just because it's called the company to the Academy of Paris Trades and not just open for the people that are inside the city of Kevinton. We have folks from OTR all over the region that we love historic homes that are able to come out and benefit from these courses. So they run basically in a series of shops all year long. And if you want to find more information about that, that standalone website it is Heritage Trades Academy dot com. And to back up, that standalone website for the institute is Building Institute dot com. So we've got some great premier URLs out there that people can go to check out.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of data.
Speaker 5: On there too, and this report we've recently released can also show you know, not just that nine percent uplift with the director we're going on historic structures, but if you want to take things to the next level, really driving your potential earning income well.
Speaker 2: Into the six figures, that's just a wonderful thing to hear. No college education, no leaving with hundreds of thousands the dollars in Dad and a class he had to sit through like music appreciation to get your degree. Brian Miller, keep Joe's Trekkers. What was that number again? I told just Trekker. Every time an opportunity like this comes on, Joe's got one foot out the door. Brian, Well, keep up the great work. I'll encourage my listeners go to my blog page fifty five KRC dot com or they'll be able to hear this conversation, but also get the links that you mentioned and pursue a career. And if you're you have a young person in your world, steer them in this direction. I think they'll be very happy that they pursued the trades as opposed to a college education. Brian, keep up the great work. You can feel free to join the morning show anytime. If you got some updates or information on the trades, I'd love to have you back on.
Speaker 5: Also, my friend told Joe to strap on some steel tub.
Speaker 2: Bit on over. I would, but he already left the building. Thanks Brian. A great weekend. It's eight fifty right now at fifty five k
Speaker 3: SE Detalk station fifty five see thinking about buying you