Speaker 1: Michael.
Speaker 2: I had a friend who witnessed the nineteen ninety two Rodney King Grace riots first hand, and it meant it was like war. So I think because of that saying, really that Trump is being proactive and he's doing the right thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, I agree, because if you allowed to get out of hand, it will turn into nineteen ninety two. I was there about four days after the riots ended, and it was it was, It was unbelievable. It really was widespread and destructive. South central LA was just a hell hole. But south central LA is kind of a hell hole. Anyway, last night, watching the Weather Reporter, as I normally, do you know Dave Fraser, don't you guys have Dave Fraser over on Mandy Show occasionally.
Speaker 4: Every Wednesday, Wednesday Colorado's most accurate weather forecast, And so that's why I watched KDVR, and of course I subscribe to Corey's Weather Report from up in Greeley.
Speaker 3: But they're both predicting that by this weekend it could be ninety degrees Czechs calendar, Oh it's June, And in fact, Fraser said last night on his weather report, yeah, I think it's Saturday. Your Sundays we're supposed to be in the nineties that normally we're a little late because usually we have ninety degree weather before.
Speaker 1: So it's summertime, right, So cue the hysteria.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying Fraser's doing that, but you know that Everybody's going to start talking about how hot it is, Oh my god, because just like clockwork, the media is going to try to gear us up, to convince us that rising urban temperatures are a direct consequence of climate change, and of course the greenhouse gases, you know, like the carbon dioxide that you know, Ay Rodgers, and they're spewing out as he sits back there in bitches and moans about me. We already have ominous headlines from The Guardian, the San Francisco Chronicle and others that will flood your feeds on whatever social media or new sites you use, warning of these heat fuel catastrophes, and nobody are asked a simple question, where do we measure these temperatures and what else, if anything, could be causing heat, particularly in the summertime. You know, when we well we've moved into the hot season. Yes, it's gonna get hot. Well, here's a spoiler alert. It's not your internal combustion engine. It's not your suv. Oh you know, I hadn't thought about this. It could be the burning vehicles in Los Angeles. That could be what's causing a heat. In fact, that's probably why Dave Fraser has forecasted that by this weekend we'll have ninety degree temperatures because all those burning vehicles in LA, all of that heat's going to be picked up by you know, a Pacific front. They will sweep down California, it'll move, you know, up down through Arizona, pick up some heat there and then move up here. So the additional heat from the burning cars are going to cause us to have a heat wave. I'm not trying to be funny. I'm trying to point out that's how stupid this whole thing is. Well, The Guardian recently warned that the United States faces quote another summer of extreme heat, but in a feed of mental gymnastics, they managed to link summertime temperatures with are you ready Trump era tax cuts? Because you see, tax policy is a thermostat. Write that down. Tax policy is a thermostat. I know you maybe be you might be a little bewildered right now, but That's why I'm here to help you become unbewildered. In fact, let me just read you the headline from the Guardian. US faces another summer of extreme heat as fears rise over Trump cuts. The subhead Brutal heat and drought expected to blanket the country from Nevada to Florida, as experts worry climate cuts will burn. Notice too, that it was from where was it from Nevada, which is always hot in the summer, down to Florida, which is hot and humid and miserable during the summer. I don't understand all you people a skeeping Colorado and going to Florida. Meanwhile, Spain's sports scorching late May forecast, which which is all over that country right now, comes with the heels of remember the energy blackouts caused by, ironically the very green policies that Spain and Portugal kept hailing as there, Oh, this salvation is gonna save us. So when the wind stopped blowing and the sun went down, the entire grid failed. But speaking of nuance, don't expect that nuance in any sort of climate reporting that you're going to start reading about. Once again, the Guardian, Spain braces for late May heat wave with forty degrees centigrade forecasts in south of country, high pressure and hot dry air from North Africa to bring temperatures five to ten degrees above normal for the time of the for this time of the year. Now, not to be outdone, let's go to the San Francisco Chronicle. This is from May twenty six. California is bracing for the first major heat stretch of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Here's how hot it's going to get.
Speaker 3: Clearly sensationalist headlines, and they omit a little crucial context. Urbanization and land use changes, not greenhouse gas concentrations are or what's really driving much of this observed warming? And I say observed warming because I'll give you a little historical data in just a minute. It's pretty common. In fact, Dave Fraser even often mentions this because our official weather reporting station is out at Denver International. Now, granted, there's a hell of a lot of concrete out at Denver International, but the temperature is usually higher in downtown Denver. Even when the Pollit Bureau is not in session and you don't have all of that that hot air blowing out, you still have well, you've got you know, all the homeless farts and the heat wave from the homeless down the streets, and you got the sixteenth Street mall, and you got all the cars and traffic you can't move anywhere because of the potholes. You have urban heat. And even Dave Fraser points out, Oh, yeah, it's hotter downtown, but that's to be expected because of oh urbanization, which obviously amplifies heat readings, because of all the extended concrete and the reduced vegetation. But I want you to take a closer look at how the headlines and all the congregants in the Church of the climate activists systematically misrepresent reality. Heat Waves were traditionally understood simply as listen closely extended pureeriods of temperatures significantly above average. That's what say, when you and I were growing up, or even when a rod was just a twinkle in his parent's eyes, which I understand why it was a twinkle. It was like frightening, but nonetheless extended periods of temperatures significantly above average. But the definitions change again, going back to my point about pay attention to the language, pay attention to how they try to change the definition of words, because now the definition of the heat wave has been broadened. Now it takes in factors like duration, humidity, nighttime temperatures. So if you're going to take all of that and add it in, then it's really hard to make comparisons to historical data sets. Now, heat waves are not correlated with atmospheric CO two concentrations or emissions. Instead, the expanding urban heat island effect and the growing bullseye of urbanization that increases human exposure and our perceived impacts. If you're strolling around in a park somewhere, you know, out maybe on the front range, out in the flat irons, it's not going to be nearly as hot as if you are walking around Union Station or sixteenth Street or the sixteenth Street Mall.
Speaker 1: I think they should go back to the sixteenth Street.
Speaker 3: Mall name, except instead of spelling at m al l as someone suggested, m aul. Yeah, the sixteenth Street Mall. Heat Waves again, are not correlated with atmospheric CO two concentrations or emissions. It's a bullseye effect to across the nature of heat waves. Let's think about it historically. In nineteen thirty six, North America had a devastating heat wave. That heat wave nineteen thirty six dust Bowl, anybody, occurred at a time when atmospheric CO two was about three hundred and ten parts per million compared to today's level of about four hundred and twenty three parts per million. The nineteen thirty six temperature averages, and where it was much above normal. Oklahoma the epicenter, if you will, the dust Bowl eighty four point four degrees, Kansas eighty two point two. Ooh, Nebraska seventy seven point eight. That's a record war for Nebraska and for South Dakota seventy eight. Can't read the number of area seventy eight point eight and North Dakota seventy one point five, but it's good to Colorado. It was above normal at sixty seven point seven. Now that's those are records. So despite the addition of billions of additional tons of greenhouse gas emissions that have been emitted since the dust Bowl, that historical event clearly demonstrates that heat weighs can and do occur naturally, and they occur independently of any sort of level of modern greenhouse gas emissions. So that raises a fundamental question that I've mentioned numerous times. If heat is the real issue, how can the solutions that the Church of the Climate activists keep pushing, like solar and wind farms that demonstrably increase surface temperatures, how can they help.
Speaker 1: Studies indicate that.
Speaker 3: These green energy installations contribute significantly to localized heating, so that obviously is an exacerbate urban heat islands and create warmer conditions precisely where populations are the densest. The phenomenon known as the urban heat island effect, caused by replacing natural land services with heat retaining infrastructure, logically and significantly increases urban temperatures independent of any global climate trends. For example, when Las Vegas broke records last year, it wasn't because of greenhouse gas emissions, but because they had expand significantly Harry Reid International Airport, that's where the weather station is located. If you look at aerial photos, you'll see that the.
Speaker 1: The natural landscape.
Speaker 3: In fact, as I look at two comparable pictures before and after nineteen seventy seven and twenty twenty four, it's as if the amount of concrete has increased by at least two thirds, and then you've got oh, then you have additional heat wave. There's some resources done by Spencer Christian Braswell that quantifies the overlooked effect. That study reveals that up to sixty five percent of observed warming in urban and suburban areas is directly attributable to the urban heat island effect. So when you hear that abstract was published by the way, Roy Spencer was the lead author on it, who does great work. You got to go read that abstract because it's pretty intensive and completely debunks this idea that greenhouse gas emissions are causing these heat waves.
Speaker 1: But here's the kicker.
Speaker 3: Many of the highest warming trends come from stations placed at airports, where the heat radiates off the asphalt in the concrete, not the atmosphere. So arguments such as Detroit is greening and losing population miss the mark entirely. They overlook what the National Weather Service does by strategically placing their weather stations and these persistent heat islands irrespecting of suburban shifts. So why move it out to Denver International Airport? Why not keep it in?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If let's put it down in Douglas County, lots of urban space, and I mean we got lots of open space down in Douglas County to put it down there. Why not put it out, you know, in Commerce city somewhere. So all these claims that say that warming oceans and polar regions as the counter arguments, that fails when you scrutinize those two because the dynamics that are driving oceanic and polar warming differ drastically from urban heat island phenomenon. Yet all those nuances are ignored by all the major climate reports, particularly the IPCC. So that leads us to a simple question, what does the latest research truly say about the urban heat islands and why is mainstream climate science so intent on ignoring it? For example, the IPC, the Inner Governmental Panel on Climate Change, they downplay the role of land use in urbanization. When they do their core assessments, they attribute only a small fraction of total ratedty forcing to land use change. Instead, what do they do They favor greenhouse gas emissions, particularly CO two, They just choose to say, hell it's CO two, and they just ignore the urban heat effect. So you don't have any room in their framework for including urbanization or the heat retention effects of any infrastructure. So by doing that minimization, that makes their scientific basis completely indefensible. Now, I know that's an attack on the dogma and the religion of the church of the climate activists, but nonetheless that's what they do. They lie to you. So what did Roy Spencer and those in their study in twenty twenty five actually find. Now that paper that I referenced earlier uses population density thresholds to classify stations and then empirically derive the temperature contribution of urban heat island effects across four different population tiers. So those four are as follows. Rural stations zeroly ten persons per square kilometer accounts for about eight percent PERI. Rural stations ten to one hundred persons per square kilometer substantially more urban heat influence. Suburban urban stations more than one hundred person per square kilometer sixty five percent of observed warming from the urban heat indets across all stations, only twenty two percent of observed warming is attributable to the urban heat effect. So back to Roy Spencer's study, he says, our results suggest that some portion of the long term warning the United States surface temperature record should not be attributed to global radiative forcing. Now they don't suggest that greenhouse gases or CO two doesn't have any effect, but it does force an uncomfortable question that the congregates in the Church of the climate activists simply won't ask, which is, if climate models and public policy are based on surface temperature records that are biased by urbanization, then how much of the current dogma, the current gospel, if you will, is built on a warming signal.
Speaker 1: It's not global at all.
Speaker 3: You see, the climate narrative that everybody wants us to use depends on conflating local with global. So until the IPCC, Noah and other ignoring urban heat influences or worse, hiding it under the rug, then why would you trust any of these headlines? Why would you trust any of the scientific integrity? In fact, I don't trust any of the scientific integrity anymore when it comes to those that simply will not admit that. Oh most and somebody pointed this out on the text line too. In fact, let me give you credit nine zero one six, right, rights, Michael. We must also see that normal heat measuring stations have been closed and replaced the station to use computer modeling. There's no temperature there's no thermometer over there stuck in the butt of the earth somewhere trying to get the temperature. It's just, Oh, a computer's going to model based on all these different factors of what the temperature I guess should be, as opposed to what the temperature is depends on your definition of is I guess speaking of environmentalists or just environmental whack a doodle stuff this whole thing about. I've got a real bugaboo about cyber trucks. And I'm not telling you the story to pick on Elon Musk. He's got enough problems of his own. But the very first time I saw a cyber truck in real life, I saw a picture and that was bad enough. But then seeing one in real life, and if you own one, well it sucks to be you, But I think you're driving a monstrosity.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, The Wall Street Journal had a really good article by Becky Peterson that detailed the very predictable failure of this weirdly designed truck and how the cyber truck has come to symbolize the struggles that Tesla is having over all amid failing US EV markets. The impacts of Trump's tariffs and of course very rapidly changing federal public policy regarding the environment and all these mandates. Now, I always thought, and I know easy for me to say it in hindsight, but I really did wonder.
Speaker 1: In fact, a friend of.
Speaker 3: Mine, when the cyber truck came out, was determined to get on the list to buy one, waited forever to get one, and I kept asking him, are you sure you really want this?
Speaker 1: Now he's still.
Speaker 3: Driving it, but kind of the excitements worn off. So I kind of thought, well before they started rolling off the assembly line that they probably would be a failure because they're going to have to appeal to a really tiny segment of the population. And quite frankly, and even though my friend's not exactly the wealthiest guy in the world, they were marketed really to wealthy end of that could afford to buy these things. So you combine the cost with what I consider it to be a bizarre design that automatically limits the available market to perhaps one tenth of the country's wealthiest five percent.
Speaker 1: Well, in the Wall Street Journal article, the author is.
Speaker 3: The reporter I yuess, I should say, is really less critical of the way the thing looks. She refers to the cyber truck as an angular, stainless steel pickup which was supposed to generate buzz for Tesla by showcasing new technology and unlocking the lucrative truck market. She's so much more polite than I am. How do you think they're but ugly?
Speaker 1: Just but ugly.
Speaker 3: But here's some highlights from the report cyber Truck Challenges. Now, the reason I find this interesting is I didn't know any of this stuff, so therefore it's interesting to me. I want to make it interesting to you. And if you own a cyber truck, well, sorry, but the info I'm going to give you, some of which you probably already know from personal experience, and two you probably know if you've tried to sell it or you've experienced some of the recalls. So the Tesla cyber Truck, which is really my most ambitious electric pickup.
Speaker 1: Eight recalls.
Speaker 3: Eight recalls since early twenty twenty four, different problems detaching panels, failing windshield wipers, and then just this past March, there was a major recall that affected forty six thousand cyber trucks because there was a trim panel that could detach and obviously that increased crush risks. So now every time you drive by a cyber truck, just think, any of those steel panels or whatever the hell are made out of might just come flying off. Forty six thousand of them might just come flying off. Sales have been dismal, only thirty nine thousand units sold last year. The sales goal two hundred and fifty thousand, a quarter million. They didn't even make fifty thousand, only thirty nine thousand sold. Tesla's overall sales dropped thirteen percent on the first quarter of this year, obviously reflecting I think, obviously competition and aging lineup, and I think probably to some degree, although it's not qualified either by me or the Wall Street Journal backlash against Musk's political involvement. Then there was the explosion incident. Remember the cyber truck explosion outside Trump's Las Vegas hotel back on January first, killed the driver in Now must tried to clarify that the blast was caused by fireworks or a bomb, not the vehicle itself, and he totally, he completely and totally assisted the investigators with all the data, and that earned him some praise from the authorities. But I'm not really sure we know the exact cause yet. And then there's a poor performance and Must feud with Trump. It's kind of a brand Tornado crisis, if you will, with protest.
Speaker 1: Targeting Tesla showrooms globally.
Speaker 3: Analyst Dan Ives urged Must to reduce his Trump related work in order to mitigate the damage to his country, to his country, to his company, which is exactly what Must did.
Speaker 1: And then Tesla's stock.
Speaker 3: Slumped fourteen percent last week amid the few although it has recovered slightly, but the conflict rattled the markets, impacting Tesla and SpaceX and of course strained must roll in the Trump administration. And I think Trump recognized that, Yeah, maybe it's a problem here. Let's back off the bottom line. The cyber truck has been a major design, marketing and a quality failure. It's turned out to be a a fiasco for Tesla in general that really had otherwise pretty much enjoyed adequate success and has become the unchallenged leader in the EV space in the United States. So I think it's probably worthwhile to note that Musk himself personally oversaw and approved the design of that bizarre imitation of a pickup truck. I don't know, we keep calling any pickup truck. I know a lot of ranchers and real cowboys, not urban cowboys, but like real cowboys. Not one of them owns a cyber pickup truck, so we just call it the truck and not a pickup truck, which only proves that only even geniuses have really stupid moments in their lives, as exemplified by Musk's absurd pissing contests with the President of the United States. So here's an excerpt from the story at the Wall Street Journalist. I want to share this with you. The bromance between Musk and Trump is ending in a difficult time for Tesla, which at the time of the article had a three point seven three point six seven percent increase green uppointing triangle. The electric vehicle maker lost roughly one hundred and fifty billion dollars in market value last Thursday, It's biggest drop ever after the Tesla CEO and Trump started trading insults. Sales of Tesla have slumped this year. Tariffs could disrupt a supply of key components. The sprawling Republican Tax and Spending bill would end the tax credits for ev buyers, for which I think, hallelujah. I don't want to subsidize your purchase of any ev let alone a cyber truck. But she writes, Dusk set high expectations for the cyber truck, telling investors it would be Tesla's.
Speaker 1: Best product ever.
Speaker 3: The angular stainless steel pickup was supposed to generate buzz for Tesla by showcasing new technology and unlocking the lucrative truck market. Instead, it has become synonymous with musk, polarizing in politics, exposing some owners through graffiti or middle fingers from other drivers, and its reputation has been tarnished among Tesla fans because of that space of recalls and manufacturing issues that have resulted in cycles of repair. Here's the lesson from this entire story. Business and politics shouldn't marry each other. They probably shouldn't even date bud light cyber trucks. Hmm, same coin, same side. Probably we both agree that the box car which is called the what.
Speaker 5: The cube, Yeah, the Nissan Cube Cube. That's one of them. There's a couple.
Speaker 3: Well that that that to me has got to be the that if I had to drive either a cyber truck or that cube. I drive the cyber truck. That's one but ugly car. But then you compare all of that to a nineteen sixty seven red Ford Mustang convertible.
Speaker 5: Nicest tittle car.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you there is zero comparison. Oh, I'm well aware between those two. Yeah, that's oranges, apples and oranges. So what do you.
Speaker 5: Drive right now? Also a Nissan CRV? Oh brand new?
Speaker 1: All right? Oh? Brand new? Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh man, that pay race. See that's where my pay raise went. Must have gone to you.
Speaker 6: Oh I always told you're paying for it. Well I have seen the bill yet, but I'd beat more. I'd be more than happy to do that for you can help you out. Uh, let's go to the UK real quickly. And here's what extremists are defined as in the UK. They're equated with terrorists. The government's anti radicalization program has decided that worries about mass migration. That's the word from the story which is in the Daily Mail. The government's anti radicalization program.
Speaker 1: Who stopping.
Speaker 3: I didn't even thought about that. Think about that for a second. So you have an anti radicalization program. Old brainwashing propaganda has decided that worries about mass migration are terrorist ideology. Among the dangerous beliefs flagged by Prevents online training course are cultural nationalism and the idea that Western culture is under threat. So if I took everything that I've talked about so far, last week and this week and broadcast that in the United Kingdom, I would be described as a terrorist and would be subject to their brainwashing anti radicalization program because I think that mass migration, of course we call it here illegal immigration, is indeed a problem for Western civilization and for that matter, the culture of the of this very country. So just call me a terrorist from now on, and cyber trucks still suck.
Speaker 5: That's pretty much all about
Speaker 1: Gentlemen as rotten the belt.