Speaker 1: Time for rock News on one oh one one w JRI, Orlando's rock station.
Speaker 2: Let's check in with Lynchintaco and see which rockers.
Speaker 1: Are making the headlines for all the right and wrong reasons.
Speaker 2: One O one one double JRI rock News brought to you this morning by jrr's Tuesday ticket takeover, happening all day today on the JRR Instagram at one oh one one w jr R. If you get a moment to pop by there, you might score yourself some pierce the veil tickets.
Speaker 1: Yep, big JRR soh coming you could be there. Pierce the veil, especially guests sleeping with Sirens, Orlando Amphitheater and Daisy Gred.
Speaker 2: Just go check out the post at one o one one WJR on insta comment leaving hashtag JR rocks tag somebody you'd like to bring that simple and they picked multiple winners too. An example of how time just uh keeps on chugging along and in a blink of an like it's been twenty years already. That's what this past Sunday marked a grim date in rock history. Was the twentieth anniversary of the death of Dimebag DARRYL.
Speaker 1: Abbott's I had a feeling you're going to say that.
Speaker 2: Of course. Dime killed on murdered on stage as he performed with Damage Plan post Pantera years at the Al Rosavilla Club in Columbus, Ohio, shot and killed by a twenty five year old ex marine named Nathan Gale. Gail murdered a total of four people and wounded three others before being killed by police responding to the scene minutes after Gaile began his rampage. That thing would have been a lot worse had that cop not shown up when he did.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Yeah, remember the feeling you got in your stomach when you heard about this.
Speaker 2: I absolutely remember it. We were in our old studio over there like it was yesterday, and when we both got to news, we were like, no, why murder on stage? What in a club? And it was just it was surreal. Yeah, just horrible.
Speaker 1: It was kind of similar. No, I'm not even gonna equate it, but it was just, yeah, it blew me away.
Speaker 2: We had some surprise news announced by longtime Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain on this past Saturday, where he said he was quitting touring with Iron Maiden after forty two years behind the drum kit. Niko is seventy two years old. He played his final show the day he announced he was retiring from touring with Maiden, Saturday Night in Brazil. Of course, he has made known his health issues, including a stroke several years ago, which he battled back from, but by his own admission, has not regained full capability to perform quite a few Maiden songs that are very intricate in nature, and his bandmates have been completely supportive, saying, no problem, we just won't play those songs. Yeah, and that has been the mantra they've been going by ever since that. But I guess Nicko has just got to the point where he's like, look, enough's enough. My body is just not there. So Simon Dawson, former session drummer and made bassist Steve Harris's longtime bandmate in British Lion, will be taken over, so the drums and the tours moving forward, but Nico will still still be in the Maiden family, mixed with projects you know in the future.
Speaker 1: Did he tell the guys ahead of time or just announce it on stage?
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure it was announced in the day and then that night was the final show, so obviously this is something that the band probably collectively planned a timeline announcement on. But he lives down in the Boca area. Yeah, no, he normally does his rock and roll ribs parking lot party. This year, I guess that's not happening, but yeah, he owns a great barbecue restaurant down in Coral Springs. You've ever been.
Speaker 1: There, Lover our engineer, shout out, Lover for all you do. He's gone and eaten there many a times and watched that concert.
Speaker 2: Guns N' Roses announcing a twenty twenty five tour of Europe in the Middle East, including some places the band has never played before. One of those would be Saudi Arabia, which now you know these days, artists get some pushback from some groups when they announced that they're going to do anything in Saudi Arabia, of course because of the human rights record there. But they stroke big checks in Saudi Arabia, not all money, and I'm sorry, at the end of the day, maybe a musician, but you gotta eat and it's a business, so you know, they'd probably be dumb to turn that down. Also going to be playing Georgia, Lithuania, Luxembourg for the first time as well, taken out with him public and meet rival sons and the reconstituted Sex Pistols, which Frank Carter now vocals. When the Pistols have been doing shows here as of late, that I think that's kind of a cool pairing because if you if you're a longtime Guns and Roses fan, you remember when they first hit the scene back in the eighties. There are a lot of comparisons, not so much musically, but attitude wise to the Sex Pistols, just the no holds barred fu here we are like us hate us whatever. This is what you got.
Speaker 1: Think of the people in Saudi Arabia who have heard and seen on video whatever like Sweet Child of My Mind, and now they're gonna get to see it performed. That's I mean, that's huge.
Speaker 2: You know, Joe Satriani and Steve v launch the satch Vi band. They have now obviously they've done their G two tour or G three tour I'm sorry for for years. But now they're like, look, we're we're gonna fuse together and literally become a band. And they're going to do that. Announcing surfing with the hydri European Tour. So Joe Satriani and Steve Vai, along with each of their respective bands you know, have now merged as one. We'll see how that goes. That ought to be interesting. So we got here System of a Down announcing three stadium shows next year. That's gonna be big MetLife Stadium with Coorn August. That's gonna be August twenty eighth, August thirty first Soldier Field in Chicago with Avenged Sevenfold Summer vacations anyone. And then September three they'll team up with Deftones for a show in Toronto at Rogers Stadium.
Speaker 1: All good pairings for the other band too, you know. Yeah, so Corn Avenged and and he said de Tones yep, So three System stadium shows next year. And finally there's this.
Speaker 2: From over the weekend and indie wrestling outfit UH in Chicago was holding holding one of their events over the weekend, and UH, we've we've got you know, wrestlers all have their own gimmicks, ye saylo to Stephen Flow. Steve Stephen Flow is a grunge type wrestler that's greareat comes out comes out with not one but two flannel shirts, wearing one and one tied around his waist. The the Doc Martin boots the whole deal and reworked lyrical versions of Pearl Jams even flow to rather say Stephen Flow as his entrance. Of course, once this got social media got ahold of this, they jumped in in earnest, you know, suggesting finishing moves the last kiss, don't get caught in a yellow leadbetter.
Speaker 1: Steven Flo.
Speaker 2: I love it. He's a couple decades late on the whole grunge thing, but.
Speaker 1: Still, although it's probably really hard to wrestle in a flannel, Stephen Flow, everybody Bucky in the morning.
Speaker 2: This is lynching Taco on j r r