Speaker 1: It's night Side, Dan Ray. I'm going you Mazy Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much. I'll Happy New Year to you and Happy New Year to all Nightside listeners. My name is Dan Ray, the host of Nightside. I'm here well virtually every Monday through Friday night from eight until midnight one. And once again thank Morgan White who was kind enough to sit in for me for about a week and a half which allowed me to take a Christmas week off, Christmas Week to New Year's and back tonight on January first. Now I'm going to change topics here. We talked for three hours about the terrorism attacks in New Orleans and it's one of those subjects that, hey, doesn't make any sense, But I want to go to a subject which hopefully some of us can share some information which might actually be helpful to one another. Shortly before I left on vacation in mid December, my last show was on December twentieth. Last two hours of the year were what we do now annually, the Nightside Charity Combine, and if you haven't listened to the Knightside Charity Combine, I would really recommend just checking us out at Nightside, OnDemand dot com every month over anywhere is from sixty to seventy thousand people go to Nightside on Demand and listen to hours that they might have missed on Nightside. So that's one that I particularly commend to you. I also to commend to you the college admissions panel that we did with the college admissions directors from Harvard and Boston College that was done earlier in December. You can find those just go back to go to Nightside and Demand dot com and you can scroll and you can find them pretty easily. And they're in podcast form, which essentially means instead of an hour, the podcast is about forty two minutes, it's just the contents of the hour. There's no newscast. There are some quick thirty second commercials which basically you got to listen to, but just get through it and you'll listen to the hour, the substance of the hour in its entirety. So when I was wrapping up my last week in December, my last work week in December, which was the sixteenth, seventeenth, eighteenth, nineteenth, and twentieth, all of a sudden I came down with this really horrific lousy It was kind of a head cold chess cold, and it got worse, and it stayed worse for a couple of weeks. I still haven't shaken it. And if any of you are out there and have suffered the symptoms that I'm about to describe, I would love to hear from you for a couple of reasons. One, misery loves company, and there are probably a lot of people in our audience right now who are sitting at home and are going through the same malaise. And it's no fun. It's absolutely no fun. You get head congestion, you get a horrific cough that it's impossible to get rid of, and it's impossible to avoid. I mean, you literally feel like you're gonna cough up along and at the same time you cough and you can feel it in your chest and it's miserable. But guess what it doesn't provide. The coughing doesn't provide any relief. So I was in in really a lot of discomfort, and talk with my doctor explained, and they gave me. They gave me what was called the Z pack, which, to be r honest with you, didn't do much for me. Maybe it forestalled it from getting worse, but it didn't seem to turn the page. I remember when I did contract COVID a couple of years ago. I got Paslova, which worked marvelously, I mean, just was great. The Z pack, which I don't know if I've had a Z pack before. You there are six pills. At a Z pack. You take two immediately, and then you take one for each of the following four days. So it's a five day treatment of six pills too. On day one, one for the other of the other five days, Day two, day three, Day four, Day five. I said, look, I could feel a lot of easing in my chest. The doctor sent me to get an X ray, which I got and it came back negative. I also tested myself for COVID twice, that's how bad I felt, and came back negative both times on Tuesday and on Friday. And this was my last week of work. I actually remember I called in sick on Wednesday. I didn't want to, but I literally slept sixteen hours that day, which I think was really helpful. So I don't know if it was bronchitis. I don't know if it was up a respiratory infection, or if there's a difference between that but I would love to just talk to some of you who have gone through the similar symptoms, and I'd love to know how long it takes for whatever this is to clear, because even now I felt tonight had to cough a few times, and I'm able to control all the coughs, but for several days I couldn't. I mean, you had to cough and you felt, oh, this is going to be great, this is what's going to end. The congestion didn't work. And I'd love to hear from any of you in New England, if this is a New England problem, or if it's all over the country. So I'm opening up the phone lines. This is an opportunity for all of us to help one another. That's what my purpose of this hour is. If you're sitting at home and you've been dealing with this for a couple of weeks, or you're just dealing with it and you feel you're never going to get rid of it, or if you're dealing it for a longer period of time, let's talk about it. Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. I've talked to enough friends of mine who tell me that they've been dealing with similar symptoms. No one has been able to definatively tell me what it is, including my own doctor, who essentially said, could be bronchitis. Maybe it's upper respiratory. I don't know. I still don't know. I would love to hear from someone who has gotten a definitive diagnosis. I know I feel a lot better tonight than I did two weeks ago, because two weeks ago was the night that I called in sick, which I haven't done I think in at least five or six years. I have pretty healthy guy, but this one knocked me on my butt. Six one seven, two, five four ten thirty. Let's share the misery. Misery Loves Company six one, seven, two five four ten thirty. Both the lines at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty have filled up, so don't waste your time calling those lines six one seven, two, five four to ten thirty, and don't talk to my producer and tell me what the symptoms are. I want to hear from you on air, Dan, don't tie people up here. If they if they want to complain to you about it, have them call their own doctor. I want to hear what they've done about it and how they've solved. People have given me some of the home remedies. Oh, hot Toddie, hot tea. That's fine, and if something's helped, you'd love to hear about that. Six one, seven thirty back on night's side, How do we get rid of this? And why is it getting us? And oh, by the way, I had all my shots, my flu shot in September, my COVID shot in October, my RSV shot a year ago. I was pumped up with everything I'm supposed to get. Now, maybe you're going to tell me if I didn't get the shots, it would have been worse. I'll buy that, But I want to know have you suffered? Have you dealt with this? Because it's no fun. Only lines open, six one, seven thirty back after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way Live from the Window World night Sight Studios. I'm WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: You know, while I was on vacation, I was figuring that I'd come across some local news story about this problem that we've been dealing with. Let me tell you even right now, I just you know, I sort of caught myself. I almost coughed.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from you. What did you have this, but can you tell me? And if you're a doctor out there, love to hear from you, that's for sure. Joe and Arlington. Joe welcome first on Nightside this hour. How are you Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe from Arlington.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Dan.
Speaker 3: I was just calling because I have somewhat have had a similar call for the last two weeks. It sounds like mine is a little bit more in the head and less in the chest. But I've been feeling the same way. I've come very close to actually going into my doctor and saying, when am I going to get rid of this thing? But it does seem to be easing a little bit. Mike cough wasn't as severe as yours, though.
Speaker 2: So I had this cough which I would cough, and I was making noises with my cough, you know, which which scared the hell out of me. I mean to be like, it could be coughing and I'm not going to replicate it, but I was like I was here and stuff, uh, and and I thought that there was one night where I mean dead, and all of a sudden, from deep inside my chest, I hear what sounds like this is gonna sound weird to you. It sounded like a voice, which is.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: I'm very serious. I'm very serious, and I'm thinking to myself, is this my soul talking to me? I'm thinking, what the hell was going on? It was?
Speaker 4: You know, you have to blow.
Speaker 3: I'm blowing my nose a lot. I know whether that's with you?
Speaker 4: Also, Yeah, a lot a lot of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was head cold. Some people mentioned to me the neural virus not a neural virus. I think of neural virus as being, you know, a digestive issue, uh, you know, not a not a head problem where you put it like that, you know, No, it's it was in my head and in my chest sounds.
Speaker 3: It sounds sounds like you're like me. Also because I've I've had got my RSB shot, my pneumonia shot. My Tobo truck is on the senior, so it sounds like you've done.
Speaker 2: The shot, all that stuff. I should have mentioned I had a pneumonia shot. I had all of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: When I went for the uh the chest X ray, it was really interesting. It was a place that was fairly close to where I live, and it was so crowded you couldn't find They had a big parking a couple of parking areas. You couldn't find a parking space, so they literally valley your and there was no charge. Really, I mean, I tipped the guy, you know, five bucks when he brought the car back. But I thought to myself, I mean, this is a medical building and there's no parking here. I mean, but there was plenty of parking spaces, but they were all filled up, right, And I.
Speaker 4: Went ends.
Speaker 2: Two seconds, you know, in and out, take your shirt off, stand in the front of kimbo, turn B. Done. And then my doctor did call me back and say, well, the X ray look fine? Right?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 3: It was, I mean generally speaking, generally speaking, is I mean just hearing the scuttle butt around here out in Arlington Metro West, there has been views that for the last few weeks, some sort of virus and cold you know, syndrome is really going around with a lot of people. If it's sick and with similar sounding type coals, I think, you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, I should I should label this segment what's up dog, meaning tell us if you're a doctor out there and you really know what that was going on, I don't know. I mean, this is the worst that I have felt in a long time, and I'm pretty healthy, to be really.
Speaker 4: Honest with you.
Speaker 2: And by the way, yeah, I hadn't. I always think back, like forty eight hours when I start to feel something coming on, like who did where was I doing? Forty eight hours ago? And forty eight hours prior to that, Monday was well Friday, and I stayed home all day Friday, so I had no contact with anyone in the outside world, and I'm thinking, how did I get something if i'd know?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, I wish your best of luck, Joe. I appreciate you calling in and sharing misery with me.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, one last question, did an neither you know any of this stuff like musinex or cough pills help with you? Were you taking any of that stuff?
Speaker 2: Well? You know, it's funny you mentioned musinek. I had never taken musin x before. I think it helped, right, but maybe I should have got to it earlier. I'm still actually took one of the Musinek pills this morning, musedek. Is I supposed to dry you up?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Isn't that what that does?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I think? So? Am I right or wrong? I see the ads on TV which I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it is supposed to draw you up too. Yeah, well, it sounds like what you needed was something to break up all that congestion down your chest. I hope one is one of these doctors who are in your listening audience call in and give us some tips on this thing.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Well they prescribed the z pack, but the z pac didn't do much, uh huh in truth, now, maybe maybe it was too late. You know, people say if you get COVID you got to get to the Paxlova within a few days, a couple of days, that if you go five days, it's going to not going to help you out. So I don't know. Joe, appreciate your call. Hope you feel better. Happy New Year, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year to you too. Hope you feel better also.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks very much. Gotta go to Charlestown. I have never heard of the name Blight, but but it says Blake from Charlestown. Hi, Blight.
Speaker 4: How are you? YEA I talked to you?
Speaker 3: To you?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Is that is that a norm the gear here or a nom to plume or is that your actual first name? Blight Dwight? Yes, oh it's Dwight. Oh no, but my guys got up on the bard here Blight like you know, Blake b Ella. It's Dwight, of course, Dwight. Okay, Dwight, Yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: I talked one before a while back.
Speaker 2: All right, so have you been dealing with any of these these problems.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm a veteran. I had all my shots, and uh, I thought it cut COVID. But we have a mask all the time. But I have a long comfortable for a while now it's just kind of subsider now.
Speaker 2: So wait, so you you did test positive for COVID.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I just have a bad cough chess car. I thought I have bad chess.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I have. But I tested for COVID and I came back negative twice. So I know, by the way, separated by about four days, because sometimes you can catch text negative and then you're positive.
Speaker 4: Right, all right, So you know, take a little NIQ will now and a.
Speaker 2: H well, you know, I took some. I took some of that on Tuesday night and it knocked me on my butt. I had like this, Uh, I was half asleep in my last hour on Tuesday night, I'm telling that I was. I I'm not a niquil guy. I don't take niq will, but let me die. It was powerful stuff. I didn't realize that niquill couldn't literally knock you out.
Speaker 4: We wait sleepy for Wednesday, but it will cut the cough a lot at night. It's great at night. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I went and I got, you know, your typical over the counter medication cough medicine that you know said it was an expectorant, which obviously means is going to help you clear your your your your lungs or whatever, clear your throat. Didn't do much for me. When did you when did this? When did this hit you? Dwight?
Speaker 4: Well four weeks now?
Speaker 2: Whoa, So you've been you had hung with it for four weeks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you seen a doctor yet or no? Did you did you go to your doctor?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told you I did. Yeah. He suggested we'll take over the cow stuff.
Speaker 2: He said, I've been able to go to work. Are you working?
Speaker 4: And no? Oh no no not I let me tire it a.
Speaker 2: Are you really how long were you in the military for Thank you for your service.
Speaker 4: What did you do all those yeah? Quater Master really never get it. Yeah maybe yes.
Speaker 2: Good for you, sir, Good for you. Well, thank you for your service, and thanks for calling. Have you called before?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I did? Yeah, Well, back a few years ago I talked to I just thought you might be remember me. Well the name? Do you don't get that? To whatself?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't sure, but do me a favorite. Don't wait a few years to call back. I might not be here a few years from now. Okay, okaypy Hey, Happy new Year, Dwight. We'll talk so okay too. Thanks man, doctor you let me go to Barbara up in New Hampshire.
Speaker 4: Is next?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 2: Barbara? How are you tonight?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: Then a call to tell you that I have had the same thing as you. I started the Sunday before Christmas and today I am still suffering.
Speaker 2: You know something, So you would have started on the twenty second right right? Okay, Well I was, and.
Speaker 1: I have had nurses.
Speaker 10: I have had nurses look at me, and I have no chest congestion. My head feels like it weighs body pounds.
Speaker 2: So wait a second, what about a cough deep cough?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, the cough is there, and I have been taken usinis and how is that.
Speaker 2: I'm going to sound like a total dummy here, But what is that supposed to do? I see the ads on TV, the little character Oh.
Speaker 10: No, no, oh, you know, well I thought it was supposed to break up any sinus ingestions. Yeah, and that's what somebody said to me. Oh, I think you have sinus something or other.
Speaker 2: Sinusitis or something like that.
Speaker 10: But when I checked, I'm at home being taken care of by visiting nurses for another problem. And when they come and they hear me and they're like, Barber, what is going on? So they listened to my chest, they do my vital signs. I don't have a temperature, but I have this cough. In a minute, I lay down in bed. I sat coughing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the cough it's almost you just can't stop.
Speaker 10: And it's no, I can't. I have to sit up and have a drink of water and wait a few minutes and then lay down again. Yeah, it has been a terrible ride.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: My doctor prescribed a small amount of codine, like five millilters of codeine before you go to bed. I think that eventually helped me. I don't know if you think so. Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 10: Well, my nurse is coming tomorrow and if I still have this cough, she said she was going to get in touch with the doctor and get me some cough medicine or something. But I take so many medications right now for another problem that I don't want to take too many medications.
Speaker 2: I know the issue. Did the Musenex help?
Speaker 10: You know, it's helped me during the day, and then you know, and then but my I don't have much of an appetite though I am eating, but my case, my case seems to be off. But that's been off for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I I can identify with that as well. I again, I got it a little bit before you. I don't know. I don't know any no one else in my family. I did not infect anyone in my family. We have family family Christmas.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, we had a family reunion and my son in law got it, and my grandson, who was four years old going on five, he got it and it was just but the others my husband hasn't he got a cold, but he hasn't got what I got.
Speaker 2: Did Do you think your son and your grandson contracted it from you or did they have.
Speaker 10: It previously, No, they had they already have at it.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 2: Well that that at least makes your conscience feel a little.
Speaker 10: Better, right, Ye, my son in law came here from San Francisco with my daughter for the holiday and ends up being sick and in bed.
Speaker 2: Well, you, you and I share we both have daughters who live in San Francisco and their son.
Speaker 10: We do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hop about that all right? Hey, Barbara, I hope you feel much better, and I hope you feel much better quickly. I really, I really.
Speaker 10: Call you in a couple of I'll call you next week and let you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'll tell you. I think you're a little bit behind me, so you're not out of the woods yet. I think I'm closer to recovery than you are. But you know what, wouldn't surprise me if I'm still dealing with this and you call me and tell me you're you're one hundred percent better. So I hope you are.
Speaker 6: I hope So I hope.
Speaker 2: Thanks Barbara, Thanks, Happy New Year to you. Well take a quick break six one seven, two five four ten thirty one line there six one seven nine three thirty one line there feel free? Uh? And again I'm hoping to here, maybe from some medical professionals who can help us out here. This is like a mystery illness, mystery medical illness. I don't know if it's categorized as bronchitis or upper respiratory infection, but it's nasty. We'll be back on nights Out after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night's Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite Texas callers, in is in San Antonio, Texas. In has this mystery medical illness made us all the way all the way to Texas.
Speaker 7: Yes, but I had it. I have some good information for you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm looking for it. Help me out.
Speaker 7: You're you're almost in the clear. First off, a good two weeks I had it, and I but I had it a good sixty eight weeks ago. And uh, what's important. What's important is to keep that cough down because that that's wheezing, those crazy sounds out of your lungs and your lungs, that's the wheezing. And that's like, uh, the bronchio spasms and or this is what I believe, I'm not a doctor, and or inflammation and the cough that gotta roll awful dry, gotta row cough is awful, and the head cold. Yes, and vitamin C extra vitamin C. There's a great powder called Emergency and it's a thousand milligrams of it's over the counter at CBS or wherever you go. Yeah, it's called E M E R dash C. It comes in yummy mercy.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it?
Speaker 7: Okay, Yeah, it's a powder and it's dissolved in water and so that. And then let me.
Speaker 2: Ask a dumb question. Can you mix it an orange juice?
Speaker 7: You can mix it however you want, all right, yeah, however you want. But it is flavored. It has some sugar and that does help.
Speaker 2: And what did you did you actually go to your.
Speaker 7: Doctor in you know, I believe I did. I'm not sure, but I didn't get the next ray.
Speaker 2: Did you ever get a.
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: Did they ever diagnosis and say it.
Speaker 7: Was well, I didn't. I don't think I did go the doctor. I did the two COVID tests, which were clear negative no COVID A few days apart. I mean I can ditto everything you said that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I just said I checked myself on Monday. Oh no, excuse me. I checked myself on Tuesday and then on Friday. And the reason I checked myself. On Friday, was the weekend, can't was approached, and we went to a Christmas Saturday night and I didn't want to bring it there. And and by the way, my daughter, who was home from San Francisco, she said, if you give me this, I'm going to really be upset. I said, please, this is not a gift. This is not a Christmas gift. And she has not.
Speaker 7: I can emphasize talking about the guilt trip.
Speaker 2: It was the ultimate kuilt trip.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: I think I know your voice well enough to know that you're not a.
Speaker 7: No no Dan, Dan, is we spend like this. I was born with this crazy voice.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's a pretty set if you want to know the truth. And I hate to say this, but it's a very sexy sort of voice. But but but it's you know, it's kind of like you see female voice. So I please, I'm not insulting you. I'm just saying that I did not recall its sully as deep as it as it is, if you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: Oh, actually, well right, Well, usually when i've spoken to you before, maybe later at night and I'm half tired, you know, so I might be a little more peltry, but this is a voice sultry.
Speaker 2: Ye seltry and you get better. Okay, you too, And I want you to check in next week and tell me that you're all that you're all all taken care of.
Speaker 7: Fair enough, Okay, fair enough. That's good evening. Hope you gel better.
Speaker 2: I say, not back at you. Happy New Year. Okay, thanks so much, let's keep rolling it. Going to go to Mike in Pembroke, Massachusetts. Mike, you were next on night side. Hello, Hello, Mike, how are you?
Speaker 8: Yes? I wanted to tell you my neighbor had COPD. That's a composive obsessive pulmonary disorder and it makes you cough all the time. And she took something that I think was called el trix e lt rix. I think it was prescribed by her doctor. I don't know if I have the right name, but it's something like that. And it's too late for me to call her and find out.
Speaker 2: Oh no, don't no, don't do that. That's for sure.
Speaker 8: So it's COPD. Is this composive attempt to cough?
Speaker 2: Well, isn't so much that it was I had to cough. It wasn't like I wanted to cough. It was just all of us sudden. You had this urge to cough, and you were hoping that you could bring some stuff up and get rid of it, and I know nothing was coming up. Well, I don't want to get I don't want to get a descriptive.
Speaker 8: As a matter of fact, some of the callers that I was listening to that called you, they can hardly talk because they're choking up on coughing all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, Ian sounded a little a little uncomfortable, and Dwight did as well. But okay, I'm gonna check so OPD.
Speaker 8: I still think you have that and the other thing I wanted and and talk to your doctor about Eltrix.
Speaker 2: All right, that's a good suggestion that preach.
Speaker 8: Other thing I wanted to tell you, and I know you're not gonna like this, but my wife and I never took any of the COVID shots because they can create all kind of complications. And you not the shot, but you took several boosters. Yeah, but really guilding the lily.
Speaker 2: But let me just tell you this, Okay, you have a right to your medical care, and I have a right to my medical care. And I'm never going to criticize you for not taking a shot.
Speaker 8: No, I'm not saying you should criticize a question me. I'm just telling you that I know a lot of people that have had very bad side effects.
Speaker 2: I'm probably one of the The thing that's interesting about this, Mike, is that I'm one of the healthiest people, god willing that you'd ever know. You've let me tell you for a long time. How many Knights have I called in sick in the last five years? Mike?
Speaker 8: How many?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 2: How many Knights have I called in sick? I do this show tonight?
Speaker 8: Okay, so let me just finish a little bit more. I have a very good mail carrier lady and her husband got one COVID shot, and excuse me, he ended up having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: Again, Mike got I really don't want to. I'm not interested in talking about that tonight, but I appreciate your suggestions on the eltrics.
Speaker 8: We'll talk again because you took all these COVID shots.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much. Okay, again, there are people out there who you can't reason with, and I'm not going to reason with anybody on this at all. Rick and Bill, Rick or Rick get you in here before the break the right head.
Speaker 9: Rick happy, you know you're Dan.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks Rick back at you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you, thank you. You know in your case, I'm a hypochondriac. I'm not a doctor, so I have information. Uh, I think it the Z pack. You must have had something viral, because Z pack is for bacterial self Z packs are effective as anything. And if it didn't work on you, then maybe or maybe the fact that you're getting better it really did work and you might not think of that. But uh, you know, last year, I had something. I took a couple of COVID tests. People said they saw that I couldn't see the red the second you know, the second line.
Speaker 8: But I have.
Speaker 9: Something that you had and ruined everything. In fact, I had singing gigs, I wanted a hotel. I had to cancel that. I called it COVID because well, I guess, I guess. When I went to the hospital they said I had it. I can't even remember it as a fog, but I had something like that last year, and it took took a while to get over. It took about two weeks, yeah, about two weeks, and.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm at the two week month. Actually a little more than two weeks. Right now. I will tell you this. I have had COVID that I know of, once in November of twenty twenty two, and I thought I had it tested myself, and my daughter said to me, Dad, get a prescription for Paxlovid. I got Paxlovid, and I'm telling you my COVID was nothing more than sniffles. And I tested for COVID every day for five days. It came back positive every day, and after the fifth day it was gone. And the worst. It was the easiest case that anybody in history had COVID. So when my doc suggested a z pack, I thought, oh, it's going to work like Paxlovid. Paxlovid was great. Z pack didn't do a thing for me.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, I've heard it was that considered one of the non remedies. It wasn't the COVID show what what were they called the things that you could take that would would help shorten the life of COVID. But it wasn't that one of the it was, well, it was called, but it was called one of the I forget whether it was a group of drugs. Pax Slovid was one of a few of them in this category, but I'm glad it worked for you. It's it's a good thing to consider. I guess I had COVID last year, but but I couldn't see the line. I took the test and there was no line. But I just remember going through that. Recently, I'm going through nosebleeds that are bad and I get them. In fact, I just put ice on my nose, but I got saline that I put in my nose. I got a probably Netty bottle a little less or make make the saline solution a little stronger on my Netty bottle. But it could also because of the lack of snow. People are saying, because I talked, you know, the lack of snow, there's stuff out there, out out in the end, you know, outside environment.
Speaker 2: And uh, well, the funny thing about it was when when I contracted this, I was right around the time where we had the snow before Christmas.
Speaker 9: Ironically, Okay, it's it's so there are so many things, and it's so I'm still.
Speaker 2: Open to hear from some doctor's going to be able to say to me exactly what it was. Because my own doctor was a really greod doctor. Uh he basically said, I think you know, kind of eliminating everything. I think he had bronchitis, but boy it came. Oh uh, it was. It was tough. It was a rough few days. Rick, I gotta let you wrong because my brain.
Speaker 9: We'll talk soon, Okay, Zinc and see. I was just gonna say, zinc and see and Garlic, I have a good one.
Speaker 2: I take zink every day, and I take Vitamin C every day, and I take a multi vitamin on top of the vitamin.
Speaker 9: I think it's just the two weeks and maybe would take a month from most people, and you're just in better shape, let's hope.
Speaker 2: So thanks, Rick, appreciating good night six two ten thirty one. Line there, six one seven nine three one ten thirty one. Line there, Bob in Newton Falls, Ohio. You are next. Then I will talk with Bob and Hingham, and I'll talk with Terry on Cape Cod and I got room for two more calls. Six one seven, two four ten thirty six one seven, nine ten thirty back on Night's side after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray line from the Window World Night six Studios on w BZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got full lines. We're going to try to move everybody a little bit more quickly. We're going to start with Bob and Newton Falls, Ohio. Didn't realize it was the Newton Falls in Ohio. Bob, how are you tonight?
Speaker 5: Yes, there is dan uh similar problems with which you have. I had here in Ohio probably about a month ago.
Speaker 4: How long did it?
Speaker 2: How long did it last?
Speaker 5: Probably over a month lead five weeks. My mother had it. She's eighty eight and I'm sixty five, and I was concerned because I'd just been dealing with lymphoma and my immune system is back not to normal. That I was concerned about, you know, being weak in my immune system with lymphoma and the treatment that my doctor when I come down with what you're describing, prescribed to z pack and it didn't even touch it. My mother is the same way, but he did, and then I apologize. There's a thing that they call chemo brain. It affected my memory going through the treatments. I don't remember the name of the antibiotic happened to z pack. My family position put me on. But he also put me on which I was a steroid and I had COVID back in twenty twenty one, my brother passed away from it. But I had chest chest congestion, coughing stuff up, so he put me on a steroid. Dan, I wish I could remember what Aaron I bought if he put me at.
Speaker 2: A problem, A lot of problem. Hey, Bob, you've never called my show before. I want you to do me a favorite and become a more regular caller. Okay, thank you so much for listening.
Speaker 4: Well, thank Dan.
Speaker 5: I was a many many years ago. I was a big b Z Boston radio listener. Larry Glick, Bob Rowley mcmire. Sure, and I know Larry passed. I can I ask Bob Brawley is he still with this.
Speaker 2: Bob passed away within the last couple of years?
Speaker 5: Did he? I just wondered because I had a quick nick T shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, all right, you do me a favor. You got to call early. I can give you some more time, but I got a whole bunch of folks who want to give just a minute.
Speaker 4: Or so too. Okay, that's best.
Speaker 5: Worshious to you.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year too, Bob, call it call again. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Dan, Thank you much.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Bob and hanging Bob, you got to help me out here go ahead, be quick for me, please, I will.
Speaker 6: My wife had the same thing your had. She ended up in the hospital. Well she's out of the hospital today. But she started that Christmas with headaches. Then she had then on Thursday last week, that cough. It almost sounded haunted.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 6: I never heard a cough like that.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, but then she couldn't breathe because the cough was controlling it. Yeah, So I said, okay, that's it. That's it, We're going to hospital. We went to the hospital. They admitted her. I told you, she got out today. She had a virus in her lung. They took X rays, they did it. She was in South Shia Hospital for four day Fridays, whatever it was. But the cough didn't stop for two days, and they were hitting them with antibiotics, the heavy stuff and a little bit, the little one. They pushed him into her arm, but then they put the big drip in there and still took her over two days to stop that crazy cough.
Speaker 5: Oh God, and she.
Speaker 2: Will hopefully, I'm not going to get you have told people very clearly to take this stuff seriously.
Speaker 6: Oh take I'm telling you to take it serious because it doesn't get better on itself. You might stall it, but it's coming back. That's what the doctor told me.
Speaker 1: In my wife, you stalled the diagnosed.
Speaker 2: Was there a diagnosis or bronchitis or roper respiratory? What was the diagnosis?
Speaker 6: Well, but she didn't take care of it. So what happened was she got some kind of virus in her in her lungs and she ended up with double low.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Bob, thank you. That's a word of caution. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: You have to go to the doctor. If you can't give it, it doesn't go away.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks Bob. We'll talk from the new year. Cheryl is in situate. Cheryl, you're next one. Nice, I go right ahead.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I just want to make it quick. I'm coming out of work. I work at the Brigham Woman's falk in the hospital and the emergency room. It's going around all kinds of different strings. It's back to here, bacteria, viral. What you're doing seems right. Just take care of yourself. I know sometimes it's good to get advice from other people, but do all the right things. You seem like you are, and I want to wish you were happy. Yeah, I'll keep it simple because I know you have other calls.
Speaker 2: Cheryl, you're the best. Thank you very much. Let's call some nights.
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, I hope you feel.
Speaker 2: That would you? Did you say you're a Falkner?
Speaker 11: I worked at the I work at Brigham Women's Falkner. That's why i'm calling your late.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I've been a person. It's a great hospital. Thanks, Thanks Cheryl, my good luck. Bybye you too, doctor a good night very quickly here Mark and Salem in Hampshire. Mark got about maybe thirty seconds for you. What can you do with it?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: Dan?
Speaker 4: I thought you were on a much needed vacation or deserved and then I found it you're sick.
Speaker 1: I think I've got you.
Speaker 2: I was on vacation. I was on vacation, but but I happen to be coincidentally sick.
Speaker 8: Oh well that's not not a good combination.
Speaker 4: But no, I get this cough.
Speaker 5: I've had it, like you know, ten days.
Speaker 8: It's not brutal, but it's just like, why isn't this thing going away? So it sounds like I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: The same thing I think we do getting worse.
Speaker 2: I think we do, but watch it. You just heard what Bob from Hingham had.
Speaker 4: To Yeah, what she just said, right, keep an eye on n well and.
Speaker 2: What Cheryl said as well.
Speaker 8: Good luck and happy new Year to you.
Speaker 2: Happy new Year to you, Mark. I appreciate your call and we'll get you in longer at another point in time. Thank you so much. Okay, all right, let me get Terry in the cave. Terry, I got only about twenty seconds. What can you do with it?
Speaker 12: Hi, Dan? I got a couple of suggestions. Get a pen out, hand washing your first.
Speaker 2: I do that all the time. What's the second one?
Speaker 12: Put a little pot of water on the stove steam and put your head over it quick, ye up. Vapor rub on your chest.
Speaker 2: I have a vapor ride. I have a vapor riseer, trust me on that. Okay, we're good.
Speaker 12: Yeah, your chest, drink lots of water, chick, and you're gonna.
Speaker 10: I hate to do this to.
Speaker 2: You, but I'm flat out at time. Yeah.
Speaker 12: I love you, Thank you much?
Speaker 2: All right, good night, everybody, damn nice job. Remember Dwight. Never forget dwighte Okay, and uh what if they care for selling you? Set it up back tomorrow. Night everybody. We'll be talking with State Senator Nick Collins. All dogs, all cats, all pets, they all go to heaven. And that's why Pal Charlie raised were passed fourteen years ago in February. And that's why your pets are past. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. See Get Tomorrow Night or Night Side twenty twenty five is underway on nights Side Back Tomorrow Night