Speaker 1: Today, it's one on one point three Katie w B with Fallon and Cult, and we have Leonor from New Hope on the phone. Leonor, can you share every with everyone a little fun fact about yourself?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: So, my sisters and I were all born on twenty eighth of different months, so on January twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, shout up to all your sisters and really to your parents for all that hard work. Leonor, do you approve the show this week? Definitely?
Speaker 2: One on one.
Speaker 1: Point three Katie w B with Fallon and Cult, there's Sagritt and Carpenter. You still can win a trip to see her in La if you listen to the iHeartRadio app every fifteen minutes you did another entry. Okay, that's awesome. We also just I mean today is really on KATIEWB and the next couple of days about Billie Eilish. She's coming to the Twin Cities and we're doing ticket tag or your chance to win, and we're doing it every twenty minutes. It's so chaotic, cold, and we're just discussing how we're gonna be able to do actual content other than giveaways on our show.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be fun though.
Speaker 1: It's on the tens, thirties and fifties, so you can like set in a little alarm, but you have to listen because you have to know the name of the last winner. So we're gonna get to those in just a second, but first because it's not too ten yet, so don't call yet. Anyone listening who this is? Like usually how we warm people up, But I know people are getting warmed up for Billie Eilish. Let's be honest. They're like their fingers.
Speaker 2: Ready to go.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening who has a crazy relative?
Speaker 2: I have a couple of those. You have, I.
Speaker 1: Honestly would be I would actually for you, I would I would be more surprised cold if you had could list more than three normal relatives. Actually, can I.
Speaker 5: Tell you about my aunt? Well, I haven't my aunt. I love my aunt story. My aunt story. Okay, Gramma diize right, yeah, deceased.
Speaker 2: We're outside of the hospice.
Speaker 5: My mom and my aunt start arguing about who's going to be able to take my grandma's belonging.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, I.
Speaker 1: Get this messed up. That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And then all of a sudden, my Mom's like, well, I'm going to go to her house and get it before you can. So my aunt snatched my mom's keys out of her hand, whipped them into the hedges outside of the hospice.
Speaker 2: She gets in her cars, peels off me, and to look for the keys for like thirty minutes.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my aunt's crazy.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening who has a crazy relative? Call anyone listening who has super hairy feet. Okay, my sister, what I'm told you wouldn't like you talking about.
Speaker 5: This harry feet and a happy trail. Don't know what's going on? She yes, she got the hobbit jeans or something. I don't know which one, my sister, Yeah, Cora, how could you do it to her?
Speaker 2: I thought you.
Speaker 1: Would protect your identity.
Speaker 5: Well, she's the oldest, she'll be all right. She's the one with mom's face and dad's body.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's so okay. Or anyone listening who has a smoker's voice, you can call six five one nine eight nine KATIEWB. We'd love to talk to you. Anyone listening who has a crazy relative, has super hairy feet, or has a smoker's voice. This isn't like I have crazy family stories like my uncle Eddie got super drunk and my aunt Kathy's like, you got to call him good I'm on Christmas, weren't call the cops, and so Christmas morning we all had to be quiet and we opened our presents so we wouldn't wake up a drunken, hungover Uncle Letty. And of course his name's Uncle Lettie. I'm like, wait to fit this stereotype, my gosh, but yeah, six, nine, eight, nine, KATIEWBB FEN any of those categories, okay, and now it's time. You do have to know the name of the winner from the morning show good Luck, good Luck, because you basically had to write that down in the nine o'clock hour with the Morning show, and now you call in. This is like our most difficult one. If you don't know what that's fine, listen to this hour's name so you're ready for well twenty minutes from now, because we're doing Billie Eilish take a every twenty minutes on KATIEWB.
Speaker 5: Balan and Cold twenty minute ticket tack for Billy Eilish tickets.
Speaker 2: I'm on a one point three kd wbe.
Speaker 5: What's your Nameandra, Cassandra Cassandra, how are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you good?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Were you listening this morning for the winner?
Speaker 5: I was?
Speaker 3: I hope for I remember correctly.
Speaker 5: And now when they were like, okay, yeah you won. What's your name? What did what did?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Did they say?
Speaker 1: Melanie not Melody? Okay, that is the correct answer, which means you win Billie Eilish tickets for real. That's the exact response we were hoping for. You know why. It's a bizarre moment because you're like, wait a minute, are you serious? Like is this so? Are you a Billie Eilish fan?
Speaker 3: But my daughter?
Speaker 7: Really?
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense. I think a lot of people are going to be put on like the duty today to call and win tickets.
Speaker 2: For their kids, for sure, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Remind everyone what your name is again so we can get people set up at two thirty Cassandra. So at two point thirty, you'll want to know the name Cassandra when you call into it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: All right. Anyone listening who anyone listening who has a crazy relative, has super hairy feet, or has a smoker's voice. That's that's kind of what we're looking for right now. And Cole went, I'm so throwing off.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, Cole, I want to fight outside of the hospice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Colt's aunt did something just crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so my grandma's dying in the hospice, and then my mom and aunt start arguing about who gets my grandma's stuff right out front. And then my mom's like, well, I'm just going to go get the stuff before you do. So my aunt grabbed her keys, chucked him in the hedges, got her card peeled off, and then we had to look for keys for like thirty minutes while.
Speaker 2: We ate Little Csar's pizza at the hospice.
Speaker 1: Oh so good choice food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyone listening who you can relate?
Speaker 3: Right, it's kind of going off of what just said. My great aunt actually left the funeral to go to my grandma's house and take like everything.
Speaker 1: I've actually heard of that, like they I've heard like just like thieves in general will like see like, oh, this funeral's going on, so no one's at the house. But it's a whole different. Why is it the worst comes out in humans when someone dies. It's so awful.
Speaker 3: It was I can't believe she did it, but I kind of do believe she did it.
Speaker 1: Are there other crazy things she's she's done or with that, Like you guys are like, oh, that's in character for her.
Speaker 3: Oh No, she was crazy. She told my grandma's money while she was in hospice and went graage sailing with it. And I said that my grandma's hairlooms.
Speaker 2: I that's awesome, dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my aunt Okay, because my aunt she somehow and my grandma's going through her cancer. She just got a hold of her credit cards and she would just buy pizza like every Friday off my grandma's cards.
Speaker 2: And then also at the.
Speaker 1: Same time, it was like nothing crazy, It was just like a little.
Speaker 2: Tree you have.
Speaker 5: Then, did your aunt ever apologize because my aunt wrote some family members letters in gas lit us and told her that she would have wanted her to have all this stuff and that's why she took it.
Speaker 3: That's kind of what she did too, And she thought that she deserved it because she was her fisher.
Speaker 5: Yeah, logical, that makes sense. Your aunt and my aunt should team up and make a power ant.
Speaker 1: Wait, who would win? Who would be the shadiest? If what they had a joint relative answer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't talked to her since my grandma you know what ten years ago.
Speaker 1: That's probably a good decision. Honestly, Yeah, let's call her right now. Okay, now, thanks for sharing. We appreciate it. Yeah, all right, we're gonna come back. We have your pop culture minute. Uh the drama in the Real Housewives world. No, someone filed for divorce. Thank you for that. I knew you would really really do it. Also, Dawson James Sanderby revealed something very serious. We're going to cover that. Also. Hello, every twenty minutes of your Billie Eilish tickets see your next chance at thirty after good. I feel like we just gave away tickets to Billie Eilish because we did. We're doing it every twenty minutes with ticket tacked on. Katie w B. I would want to see this live so good.
Speaker 2: I would like to see anything live.
Speaker 5: It's crazy, like just the way Billie Eilish dresses and carries herself.
Speaker 1: But then the voice is just like Auntela, can I tell you so? I am. I'm very fortunate my job allows me certain things occasionally. I did get to meet Billie Eilish last time she was in town. What and her meet and greet was one of the cooler meet and greets because first of all, she walked in with a backpack blaring music and it was just fun. It was just fun. It was just like okay, sick and you stood in a circle, so everyone in the room watched everyone else's meet and greet. Usually they'll kind of like bring you one by one through kick out. And this is why her team is epic. They took photos like all, they take your phone and they just snap away as you're talking to her, hugging her, so you don't have one picture with your eyes closed, the worst photo ever. Yeah, they like worked it. They were so nice. There was her whole team was so nice. So anyway, get back there again. It sounds like you, but I don't think any artists. Most artists don't do meet and greets anymore. Yeah, post COVID, most artis don't. But it doesn't matter. You're gonna get tickets to the show. And that's pretty cool. If you know the name of our two ten winner six five, one nine eight nine, Katie w B. It's the pop Culture Minute with Selling and Cult on one on one point three kd WB. So big news was that Quincy Jones passed away at the age of ninety one. And you know, here's the thing. I know the name Quincy Jones, but I had to really look at the different things he's done. He's done so much. He produced like the biggest album of all time because Michael Jackson's Thriller album is the biggest selling album like all time with seventy million sold. He did like sound, he did like the closing credits for like Fresh Prince. He's done. I could go on and on.
Speaker 5: Also, he produced Rashida Jones, his daughter. Yes, so that's pretty sick.
Speaker 1: You may know Heart from Parks and Rack for sure in the office. Yes, And so it was just very sad because he is absolutely a legend of music for sure. What a great life though, Yeah, truly truly. James Vanderbeek I was, I was an am big fan of him. He played Dawson on Dawson's Creek. He announced he's battling colorectal cancer. He's forty seven years old and he's receiving treatment to resolve it. And he said, despite the scary diagnosis, there's a reason to be optimistic. He doesn't really say what he means there, but he adds he's feeling good and according to a American Cancer Society, colorectal cancer begins in the colon or rectum and makes up ones large intestine. So it's just one more reason to go get checked for all of that. And it's important that celebrities, I think, even though it's a personal serious matter for them, I think it always is important for them to share because it shows you that if these huge celebrities can get us quote unquote average Joe's cancer, it's important to go get checked for these things. Selena Gomez, she's out and about promoting her new movie. She has one called Emelia Perez and getting great reviews. I mean she won, like what a cond and she went like best Actress or something. Well, of course they're posting photos were on the red carpet saying that she's you know, hiding her body, covering up her stomach all this, and she went off. She said, this makes me sick. I have sebo cbo in my small intestine. It flares up. I don't care that I don't look like a stick figure. I don't have that body into story. No, I am not a victim. I am just human. And the thing is like sleeping Gomes has been so open about me. She has lupish's everything else. She's had a kidney transplant. She has to go on these medications that make her body flare up. She goes up, and it's just crazy that people still point that out all the time.
Speaker 2: Yea, she can't catch a break ever, can't.
Speaker 1: And while I don't overly follow Real Housewives that had promised you this, Teddy Mellencamp has filed for divorce. She's pulling the plug on her marriage. And they were together for thirteen years. By the way, his name is Edwin. She's on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and she has filed for divorce.
Speaker 5: Somebody from Real Housewives is having relationships.
Speaker 1: Right thirteen years though? It is actually like.
Speaker 2: A that's a long time, pretty substantial.
Speaker 1: That's your pop culture and it brought to you by Ovo, Lasick and Lens. Okay, let's see if we can find a winner for these Billie Eilish tickets. Hi, Katie w B. What's your name, Sophia? Do you know the name of our winner from two ten? That is correct, Sophia, you're going to see Billie Eilish, Yes, Sophia. Okay, Sophia, You're set. You got these tickets, girl, you can relax. Now you don't have to work hard anymore. But now someone else needs to write down and remember Sophia, that's the name means know at two fifty, which is when we have our next chance to win Billy Eilish tickets, we're not lying. We're doing them every twenty minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally fourteen minutes away from that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's all. Listen, you know what if nothing else, if we don't, hopefully you get a couple of laps. But more than anything, I hope you win yourself from Billy Eiley's tickets. We're trying to give you all. I don't know how we got this many tickets. I feel like our boss is like scroogeb Ducks sitting on a pile of tickets.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: It's Katie w By gotta do.
Speaker 5: You don't go back to I don't know if you saw my Instagram filon, but I was setting up just so much Christmas stuff over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I only saw like you did a little house thing, and I will say I didn't care. I was like happy for you and I went to like that Nordic village. Over four seasons, we went to like minards after and we've for every single year, but like we're gonna put Christmas lights on our trees outside, and then every year we're too lazy to think of how to run the like the plug ga an electrical cord. It would have to go across our entire yard. It would be it would go across our sidewalks and everything. It is, no, it would literally be. I don't know how people do it. It's not next to our house, it's across the driveway. It would be chaotic. So I bought solar lights and put up solar lights. So you're welcome.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. I was really excited for you. Yeah, I was. I was do I grab the ladder and I don't even know. I was just winging it.
Speaker 5: And then at one point I had to hold onto the tree ex it fell out from one of my feet. Jena had to set it back up. I was wrapping lights around everywhere, and then I had to redo it because it didn't work.
Speaker 1: Clark Griswold of.
Speaker 5: You, Yeah, I literally spent an hour doing it and then I plugged it in.
Speaker 2: Nothing sucked. You really are as well.
Speaker 1: It's important. It is smart to a lot of people already have their lights up because like those lighting companies that go around and put them up on your house, they put them up in October because they do it well. They do.
Speaker 2: You just don't have to turn them on.
Speaker 1: They do it so that they to get it up before it's freezing and terrible. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my wife, I don't even know what.
Speaker 5: Okay, my wife grew up not thrifting, Like she didn't have to go to thrift stores.
Speaker 2: She was just chilling like me. I had to get, you know.
Speaker 5: A bunch of clothes for school thrift stories and this was before it was cool.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I don't so I grew ups were poor too, but we didn't go to thrift stories. Like, it wasn't a thing where I lived. That's not a flesh. You might go to yard sales in the summer, but you definitely did not go to thrift stores where I lived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get, we get closed stuff.
Speaker 5: So anyways, Jen's like, oh, we should go to some thrift stores. They'll probably have so much Christmas stuff. I was like, I was like, don't know if you haven't been to with thrift stores, she was like, no, I saw on TikTok I was getting all their crisp stuff from x dooor I'm like, all right, whatever, we'll go. So we go to the thrift store and I'm like, they have some things like.
Speaker 1: Small crackers, not like an asle, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Barely an asle.
Speaker 5: So the kids, of course are grabbing everything Christmas and I go to check out and I look, Okay, why am I at a thrift store spending more than one hundred dollars for four items?
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 1: It's crazy?
Speaker 2: What is didn't you get it for free?
Speaker 1: It's talking about it's getting crazy out here at thrift stores. Yeah, what you were last year when it was like, oh, do the fun thrift store ghost challenge where you get a painting and you paint a ghost in it. I know, either it was like all the like art was like twenty five dollars. I'm like, by there was supposed to be like a cheap bit.
Speaker 5: There was a bunch of wall art and I looked and I was like, oh, seventy five, seventy nothing in your store should be over twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Just also just like and I I don't know, I get like you have to pay people. I get all the things, I get all the but it is interesting, I think because it is becoming popular. I follow many influencers on like TikTok, and they show their thrifting halls all the time. I think, if you're really good at thrifting, you know the days to go and there are coupons different things. But you and I are amateur, so we're just going in there, raw dog in it, and we're getting we're getting ripped.
Speaker 5: But I looked up the same nutcrack around Amazon cheaper. I don't even like why it's possible, Like I don't understand like how they're gonna And I used to judge my uncle because he would go into a specific store and they would they had the price organized with colored stickers, Right, does that make sense? Yeah, So then let's say the blue was thirty dollars, he would swap out of blue with a purple that all of a sudden, the thirties.
Speaker 1: It really a shady man, shady you didn't stand a chance.
Speaker 2: But now I'm like, now I'm kind of on a soude.
Speaker 5: Now I'm kind of like, dude, you try and get one hundred dollars for a little lamps were.
Speaker 2: Talking about that's not down to fifty. I mean what I.
Speaker 1: Did almost buy a sweater this weekend at a thrift store and it was fifteen dollars and I did the same thing.
Speaker 2: I was like, but that's how much a target you can go to arrow.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have someone else's pitstains in it. Ye Ah, here we are again. Can you believe it's already time to give away more Billy I list tickets.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, you just you need to know the name of our two thirty winner. It's as simple as that.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you remember I do without looking? Yeah, mouth it to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, but you have to remember it. It's called now sixty five one nine eight nine Katie w B. If you know the name of our two thirty winner, you win the ticket and good news. If you're like, I don't know that, Uh, don't worry. Just listen for this hour's winner's name and then you call in in twenty minutes for your next shot to win. Billy I loose tickets on katiewbu al Right, here we go, here we go every twenty minutes ticket tag to well, I guess Monday ticket tag every twenty minutes for Billie Eilish tickets on Katie w B.
Speaker 4: Hello, my daughter, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going with your daughter? Are you at work right now? What are you doing right now? What's going on?
Speaker 3: I'm sitting in the car on my driveway waiting.
Speaker 1: To go inside. Oh okay, wouldn't be so nice if we gave you tickets so you could just go inside and not have to think about this anymore.
Speaker 3: That'd be so nice, fellan.
Speaker 2: I mean, we true, we could do that.
Speaker 5: If you know the name of the winner from last time, I do Sophia.
Speaker 1: Whoo, what's your name?
Speaker 6: My name is Jessica, Jessica.
Speaker 2: You're going to.
Speaker 1: See Billy Eilish change. You're welcome Jessica. Thank you, Billy Eilish. That was a great little insert there. Jessica is the name you'll need to remember if you aren't Jessica at three ten to whin Billie Eilish tickets in twenty minutes on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: What you will be? Okay?
Speaker 3: You're on?
Speaker 1: Not up?
Speaker 2: Oh my god man, you probably think that you are better now better now? You only say that, cous.
Speaker 1: I'm not around, not around, you know.
Speaker 2: I never man sure to let you down, let you down, would have gave you anything, would have gave you everythix. You know, I said that I am better now better now. I'll only saying that, cousin don a Brown down Brown.
Speaker 3: You know I never mentioned.
Speaker 2: Let you down, let you down, would have gave you were any stea what it gave you levery six w.
Speaker 5: It's one on one point three Katie able to be with Fallon and colts are good?
Speaker 2: What's happening without the Fallon? You get fired? Okay?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: What you're fired? Immediately? You're fired?
Speaker 1: Okay, way too soon to be having that conversation in this building now, not to day.
Speaker 2: You're on the job.
Speaker 1: Hunt always am, always have something in my back pocket.
Speaker 5: Wait, if you did get fired, Yeah, what's the first thing you would do?
Speaker 2: What do you mean, who's the first person you would tell?
Speaker 1: My husband?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 2: Is the answer.
Speaker 1: I would literally call my husband first, but you would probably be second.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm a second one. Okay, cool, So.
Speaker 1: You're telling me if you got fired, the first person you would call me, not your wife.
Speaker 5: I probably would call you just because I would want to know. Okay, if you also got fired, because I got to figure out how to enrage. I need to be okay. If it's a full thing, if you amy, I'm like all right. But if it's just me, I'm like all right, hurts a little more.
Speaker 1: We work in an interesting industry.
Speaker 5: Now that's all. Some time has past gotten over it. You decide you're gonna get your foot in the door in the cereal factory.
Speaker 1: We have a lot of so the General. Am I going to the General?
Speaker 2: You have no chance?
Speaker 1: Might qualified to work there? But okay, let's pretend it's in this fake situation. I'm qualified to work for the general.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you into my office? What's up?
Speaker 1: You're in a potential box?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Uh? Not a lot? How are you?
Speaker 2: Great? Way to spin it?
Speaker 5: I'm so unprofessional, you said, how am I? I'm doing good today? Things are great, and I think we need this because you you've been so out of it for so long. You don't even know how to interview anmore. Because when was the last time you interviewed for something?
Speaker 1: Thirteen years ago?
Speaker 2: Thirteen years ago? So long even know how to make a resume?
Speaker 1: No, dude, do people even want resumes anymore?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what LinkedIn. It is I haven't.
Speaker 1: LinkedIn, but I don't know how to work it. When I updated I worked at Fox, it said I no longer work here, so I don't really know how to work LinkedIn.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we said down whatever, okay, which.
Speaker 1: By the way, another woman at Target yesterday was like, oh, are you done with radio? I was like, nope, still actively do an afternoon show every day for a year. Now, promise, I'm still on the radio.
Speaker 5: So there's a lot of talk and you're doing right now I'm trying to control.
Speaker 1: Sorry, oh that's a problem in general. Yeah, sorry, sir.
Speaker 5: Okay, So tell me just briefly a little bit about yourself. What do you bring to the table.
Speaker 1: Well, I love cereal, let's start with that, A big cereal fan favorite, obviously, Sinnemon toast crunch here for the general.
Speaker 2: Makes all right? And what about our competitor?
Speaker 1: Don't know anything about them because they're cereals trash.
Speaker 5: Talking about sure, So what do you How much milk do you put in your cereal bowl?
Speaker 1: Thank you? I like, at a good ratio, the bowl is probably half full. I want my cereal to be so full in the bowl that when I dip my spoon and a couple pieces fall out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Okay, now let me ask you this when you're pouring said milk into said bowl.
Speaker 1: This is a weird interview.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you covering every piece of cereal so all gets a little moist?
Speaker 1: No, I want my way down.
Speaker 2: I want my way down.
Speaker 1: I let each because I do get too soggy, so I get like the first layer.
Speaker 2: So you want a little bit of a splash on top.
Speaker 1: Well, I put the cereal in the bowl first and then the milk because I'm not a monster.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but like when you put the cereal in the ball, do you cover it a little.
Speaker 1: Bit the bottom layer? Oh?
Speaker 2: No, down bomb, she's a bottom layer.
Speaker 1: How I see it is it doesn't matter how you cereal, as long as you cereal.
Speaker 2: That's pretty legit.
Speaker 5: And also four odd of times we gotta give away Billy Eilish tickets.
Speaker 2: What do you have the job? Job?
Speaker 5: I'll let you know in a week or so. We're still filtering through some applications.
Speaker 1: I'll never hear from you again, just like the guy in college School's ghosted? All right? It is ticket tag every twenty minutes on katiewb for Billie Eilish tickets, call right now. It's not a certain number caller. You just have to know the name of our winner from three to sorry, two to fifty Yep, that's it. From two fifty six, five, one, nine, eight nine kd WB Sonato with the iHeart up today.
Speaker 5: Okay, we are doing twenty minute ticket tack for daily Eilish tickets. You just have to know the name of the winner from last time. And what's your name is?
Speaker 7: Bev?
Speaker 1: Bev? Are you a big big Billie Eilish fan.
Speaker 6: I like some music, but like others, my daughter's a bigger fan.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fair. That is totally fair, and that you know what, that would make you a really good mom, Bev. If you knew the name of our two fifty Winnerica, Bev, you're a great mom. As it turns out, whoa e ticket.
Speaker 2: Listen Jessica today?
Speaker 1: Oh wow? Is it really you?
Speaker 2: Keeping track?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jessica's a hot name apparently. Let me tell you something, BEV, just between us, I don't feel like you have to tell your daughter you want these on the radio. Just be like, this is Christmas this year? Okay, Like this is what you get for Christmas? And what it will be our secret. Okay, I can go with that perfect. This is the good news. Bev is finished with her journey today, but maybe you're still on it. You're keeping the list like Bev. You need to remember that name Bev for three point thirty our next giveaway on Katie w you beat Man.
Speaker 5: That's exactly what you could be hearing. It's one on one point three kd W B with foundin colts.
Speaker 1: Or a little early here we are seven minutes. We're not doing this right here?
Speaker 4: Are sure?
Speaker 1: Pretty sure? We're gonna stick to the times. We're response too, so we will do more Billy Eily's tickets soon, but right now we're going to do trending.
Speaker 2: Actually so excited for Billy.
Speaker 1: We literally just gave him away right before this song.
Speaker 5: Well we're not too far cult take a minute, take a breaking with Felon.
Speaker 1: And Colt on one on one point three kt W. So obviously the let's be honest, the biggest trending story and we're not going to get deep into it, don't worry. Is that tomorrow's election day, right, so it's a big day. And I saw this story which is pretty crazy here in Minnesota. One point one million Minnesotans have already cast an early ballot, which soars way past the twenty sixteen total. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That was easier that way.
Speaker 1: I guess I did the mail in this year, but Jake just texted me earlier and he stopped by the polling office today and cast his So they really do try to make it easy. And I did the mail in only because between the two shows that I'm doing, I was like, I'm not going to go to my polling place and there's gonna be a line and I can't do it. I'm just gonna make sure I get my vote cast and then be done with it.
Speaker 2: Very good, citizen Fallon.
Speaker 1: Colt, when are you going to vote tomorrow or tonight?
Speaker 2: Probably? I mean one of these days. Get the vote in?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, not really an option to see there tonight or tomorrow at this point. Oh okay, teens and screens. Obviously, teens spend a lot of time on their phones, not just teens. Hello, I am very guilty of this. On my phone all the time. It just revealed how much time though. Through a new survey, the CDC found out half of American teens spent at least four hours a day staring at a screen. Older teens fifteen to seven teen get even more screen time each day than those aged twelve to fourteen. They say, as technology has become more integrated into teenagers' lives, the time spent in front of the screens has continued to rise in the US, and of course there are some problems associated with more screen time. They found that teens who had four or more hours per day of screen time were more likely to experience anxiety and depression. Yeah, it's basically proven at this point. So like me, as an adult, Hello, you know better put your phone down. But I don't know what your stance is cold. I don't know if we've talked about this before with your kids, but when my step son Dylan was a kid, he's split between two houses, right, he has his mom, he has Jake. They have to have a way to communicate with him. He had a cell phone at a very early age. And now, Dylan, I would say, thank god he turned out very well. However, like I feel like that was also before you knew all the side effects with it. So Jake and I have talked a lot about not letting Olive have any form of a smartphone until she is fifteen or sixteen years old, have a phone where all you can do is basically text or call us. Yeah, but no like smartphone access to social media and there are pacts that parents actually do and I can't if it's fifteen or sixteen years old. That's like the age you let your kid have things.
Speaker 5: So hopefully about that it's just all done anyways. Like I have a theory that the new generation is going to think that dancing on TikTok is cringe, and it's going to be like, dude, social media is so lame. I don't want to be a part of social media. Hopeful that's what I'm hoping. I hope in the next ten years it's the fat is over and then every union you just need it for a chat GUPT, that's all you need your phone for.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's going to happen. I wish it was. I think with more and more people being able to figure out a way to have a career out of it, and in their minds they're like, oh, that's way easier than sitting at a desk nine to five. Yeah, influencers once to do that.
Speaker 2: Instead, we're not going to be influencing each other. That's I think we.
Speaker 1: Already kind of do that. But the thing is is like, if you think about it, like I feel like you can make a lot more money in the trades right now, Like you like go into become an engineer or a plumber boom. Right out of school, you automatically get a job and guess what, this is something you don't think about when you leave work. You can actually leave work, Whereas if you're an influencer, you're all the time like, oh I should video this, I should capture this. You don't get to leave work. I get so jealous of people who can actually leave their job on a Friday and not think about it all weekend.
Speaker 2: Pretty sick.
Speaker 1: God, it sounds awesome, sounds so amazing. I did watch the Martha Stewart documentary this weekend. No, it was really good. I'm just saying, like, you should check it out. Yes, I'm throwing it out there.
Speaker 5: Didn't make you cry? It tore inspirational. Would you feel when you watched it?
Speaker 1: Thank you for asking. I felt Martha Stewart's a gangsta is what I felt like. She is a gangsta, hands down, and she hates the documentary. She's made it very clear she hates it. Why. I think because they spent more time on her jail portion than other parts of her life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's almost like the least interesting thing about her is that she went to jail.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's the first may female made billionaire. So that's the most impressive thing about Martha Stewart probably and how good she looks at eighty four months.
Speaker 5: Was she only in jail for like five months? Was that your basic You didn't even go to jail?
Speaker 1: Basically and realistically, I do actually believe that they were just using her to make an example. I mean, she did break the law, let's be honest. But also they definitely she they're like insider trading or whatever. Basically Yeah, so blah blah blah blah. I think she left a lot of friends out of it, but she made some like Snoop Dogg. Pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Snoop dog probably worth at least twenty of your friends probably, I'll say many of your Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 2: You gotta give her twenty friends maybe.
Speaker 1: Bye. All right, we do you have your Billy Eielish tickets. You have to know the name of our three ten winner now at six five, one, nine, eight nine, kd WB.
Speaker 2: What's over under? You think they know it?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think at this point people are dialed in. They're ready for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's find out.
Speaker 1: Hello, Katie w B. What's your name? Oh Cameron, Cameron? Do you know the name of our three ten winner?
Speaker 3: I do it?
Speaker 1: That is right? You got Billie Higlis tickets. Oh my god, Tuly, Yes, congratulations.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, today is your day? And your name you said was Cameron? Correct?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right everyone? If you're planning to win these tickets at three fifty, the name you need to remember is Cameron's Katie w B, Collen and Colt one on one point three Katie WB with Fallon and Colts and you're after school pop quiz. Although my not didn't have school today. We teach your conferences. Don't worry. She's doing well.
Speaker 2: Oh nice, flex.
Speaker 1: We have Crayola Experience passes over at Mall of America right now. If you can answer some trivia questions, you'll just compete against one other person whoever gets the most correct. When's the Creole Experience tickets at sixty five, one, nine, eight nine, Katie w B. It's our after school pop quiz on one on one point three Katie w B with Fallon and Colty of Dylan and Lisa playing. Today, We're gonna ask you some trivia. If you know the answer, chime in with your name. Are you ready? Amazing? Okay? Question number one, what was Princess Diana's maiden name? I know, I was thinking, I'm like, what I've known this? I don't know? Okay, the answer is Spencer. Yeah. Question number two, where did Winnie Pooh and his crew live?
Speaker 4: True?
Speaker 1: L Dylan, Yes, true, No, it's where they would go have their adventures with christ for Robin Oh.
Speaker 4: They were.
Speaker 1: The one hundred acre wood is the answer? All right? All right, whoever gets one question correct is gonna win this. Question number three, what color is opposite blue on the color wheel?
Speaker 6: Orange?
Speaker 1: Okay, Dylan, that is correct. Congratulations, Lissa, thank you for trying. Dylan's gonna grab the crayole experience passes today. Let's go all right, this is what this is what we're doing. We're doing Billie Eilish tickets right now. It is ticket tag every twenty minutes on KATIEWB.
Speaker 2: That's what we're made for.
Speaker 1: Colt's never been more excited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm under the weather and I'm been sipping on some Nike will and you know, things are I'm happy that we have the opportunity to bless you with these tickets because honestly, too expensive.
Speaker 1: It's so please don't make me sick. I can see it in your eyes. You're getting worse by the second.
Speaker 2: Do I call you if I'm calling in sick tomorrow?
Speaker 1: No, you call Rack. Why aren't you planning to call in sick?
Speaker 2: I thought you'd be easier on Well, I'm just saying like, if I get.
Speaker 1: Worse, Nope, no Collins here, that's the role. Okay, Uh, enough of that. Billy Eilis's tickets right now. If you know the name of our three thirty one or that's how ticket tag works. You have to know the name of the last winner, and we're doing these every twenty minutes. So if you do call six five, one, nine, eight nine kd WB.
Speaker 5: One on one point three KATWB was Fallin and Colt's twenty minute ticke at tag. Every twenty minutes we're giving away Billie Eilish tickets. If you know the name of the winner from previous time, Megan, how are you today?
Speaker 2: You Megan.
Speaker 5: I know of a couple of Megan's and they're like, okay, how how would you describe your.
Speaker 6: Pretty cool?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'll buy it.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, I'm gonna shoot you straight. We do have Billie Island's tickets and we are going to give them to you if you know the name of the winner from last time.
Speaker 8: Cameron, that is Ron, Right, you got Billy tickets day, You're welcome, all right, Megan is the name you need to remember at four to ten.
Speaker 1: On Katie w B one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt. So much is going on today. We still have your chance to win Sabrina Carpenter tickets if you listen to the free iHeartRadio app. Every fifteen minutes, a little pop up comes up, boom you enter. Also, we're giving away Billy Eily's tickets every twenty minutes so on the tens, thirties, and fifties. But we want to actually talk about some stuff in between all the giveba We're trying to at least.
Speaker 5: We have something to talk about that I you told me this about a week ago.
Speaker 2: I have not stopped thinking about it since.
Speaker 1: What kids are or maybe aren't doing in schools anymore.
Speaker 5: And Okay, I don't think in my experience, I can't remember if I ever did this in school ever. Well, you told me about the person who told you what they told you, right, happened to me as well.
Speaker 1: Don't try to one up this story.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna want to.
Speaker 1: You are one uping King because you have the best stories. Ever, I just don't do you, dare.
Speaker 5: I'm saying this is I feel this is very relatable for a lot of people.
Speaker 1: R Coult's gonna want up me in three minutes on katiew B one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon and Colt. Okay, so I'm sitting there and Jake, my husband, says, I'll have a funny story. I tell you that it's okay. My step son, Dylan, he is a junior in high school. He is like far more classy and better and disciplined than my entire family. He gets up every morning and he prepares a protein heavy breakfast and then like he'll work out or he'll work out right after school. Like he's very disciplined. He has a tight sleep schedule and so he'll get up and make a protein shake eggs, and so Jake goes, Dylan, you just like you gotta go. You gotta go number two at school a lot, because like that much proteins probably like going through your body. And Dylan's like, you kidding me? No chance, no chance. He's like, one time I had two so bad I went to the nurse's office and I go, and he goes, what do you mean, no chance? He goes, death people hang out in the bathrooms. If there is even an inkling that you are going number two, they'll come rattle the bathroom doors. He goes, if I even hearted life over, So he just like never goes to the bathroom number two at school, and I was like, God, that is like you just like live in fear because it really is just like such a public thing, and kids are so ruthless they would never they'd probably live. You're like, oh, gus, who's going number two? In the Best Kids Kill, they can't go bathroom guarantee.
Speaker 2: The play a game like who shoes are those?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, so no one can even go to the bathroom. And it had me thinking, I'm like, I don't know that I ever went number two, you can't now the only recollection I have, and I actually group texted my friends because I could not think of the kid's name. But in Pe we would have like in high school, you have a mix of ages of kids in the class with you. And there mister Wright was our gym teacher, and he was very funny. He'd come out like are you k me? Oh, Alan Galway, are you serious? And he'd like, well, see you guys. In twenty Alan clogged the toilet again and he'd go off with a plunger. And Alan would plunge, like clog the toilet every time. And I think he was like a boy, so like it was funnier if you were a boy and a girl could never And so that is like the memory I have of the only person I ever know that went number two at school was poor Alan.
Speaker 2: It sounded like he had to go would be very very embarrassing, poor mister Wright.
Speaker 1: That would have to be that teacher.
Speaker 5: That's something that nobody ever talks about either. What make plungers more readily available? Why don't have to go searching for a plunge?
Speaker 1: Especially at school? Yeah, and like a brush? Would that kill you?
Speaker 2: I don't you know, it's terrifying.
Speaker 5: Would be if you're sitting on the toilet trying to be as quiet as possible, and then students who are vaping just coming and starting your door.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's so stressful. When you were at an adult at work and you're trying to go to the bathroom and someone comes in, you freeze, right, I'll be silent. I'm gonna make single noise until they leave the moment the door closes.
Speaker 5: Like, if that happened to me, I think I would throw my poop at them. Dude, I could, Yeah, you up and rattle door and start yelling at me.
Speaker 1: Well, you said you had something similar happen to you when you were in school.
Speaker 2: Well, it was in the after hockey.
Speaker 5: Normally you would take a shower because you're all sweaty and stinky, and then in the shower, Yeah, in the shower, they would just like get wet paper towels, and if you were somebody who took a shower after hockey, they would get the wet paper towels and they just whip match you.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think that boys were a little bit more ruthless than the girls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was terrible, So I just stopped showering. My mom would be like, dude, you smell awful. We got to drive an hour and a half and I'd be like, well, not gonna risk and smoked in the face by a wet paper towel.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Tell you that.
Speaker 1: Does anyone go to the bathroom at school anymore?
Speaker 2: Nobody does.
Speaker 5: My little cousin he had to go through rounds and rounds of like gastrol or whatever those doctors are called. And it turns out he's been holding it every single day and apparently I didn't know this. But it's not like you can just empty it over a weekend. It takes like sometimes years. What do you mean for you to unpack what you have packed?
Speaker 1: Will you talking about?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been dealing with this for like a year now, all because he was too afraid to go as school.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's an issue, Dylan's right, like life over.
Speaker 1: Like you just couldn't You couldn't risk it?
Speaker 2: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. What I mean? I thought social media was the biggest issue for kids these days. As it turns out, it's not being able to go number two at school.
Speaker 5: Yeah, make the stall wall longer. Why why am I showing off my feet?
Speaker 1: I've always said it, do not have doors that open inward because you're a monster. Unless you're a size zero, you ain't fitten through, especially in airports. As a whole separate complaint. And also spend a little bit of extra money and cover up my feet and the crack.
Speaker 5: And the last time I said that, somebody said, well, it's because if it like you know, if it floods, it has to be able to get I don't.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be flooded. Stop too far.
Speaker 1: No, it can't be true because they have it like the door to the ground in so many other places. I don't buy it. Yeah, No, that's a cheap excuse. Someone's given fire code and one oh one point three kd WB tickets tag every twenty minutes for Billie Eilish tickets today, like three more chances to win today right now at four point thirty and four fifty. It does not go past that today, just the heads up. Sorry, does it go into the five o'clock hours? So you have three chances left today? But as far as I know, we're doing it again tomorrow. Okay, So good news. Good news.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I actually should ask the question if you need to know our four point fifty winners name for tomorrow's first giveaway, though I will have to check into that because I don't know the answer to that. Okay, okay, but right now you just need to know the name of our three fifty winner and then you go see Billy Eilish. How cool is it that Billy's going to be in town for two nights? That means there are gonna be Billy's sidings out about. She's gonna be doing cool stuff. She's gone to like bait and tackle shops before on Lake Minnetonka. Not kidding, so you can call it now six five, one, nine, eight nine Katie.
Speaker 2: W bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, twenty minute ticket tag every twenty minutes giving away Billy Eilish take us on one on one point three Katie W.
Speaker 2: B was found and Colts, do you know?
Speaker 5: Do you think you know the name? Are you sure you know the name? Are you hesitan about the name from last hour or last winter?
Speaker 2: Not last hour?
Speaker 3: Are you sure I know the name?
Speaker 1: To you? What's your name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: My name is Hannah.
Speaker 1: Hannah. You know Hannah is my sister in law's name. Today is her birthday. Happy Birthday, Hannah.
Speaker 3: Hay Birthday, Hannah.
Speaker 1: See look at this. I love this. Thank you so much. You don't need to stack up. All you need to know is the name of our three fifty winner bike.
Speaker 2: That's exactly correct.
Speaker 1: MANA, you got Billie Eily's ticket. Yeah, all right, two more chances to win today, so you need to remember Hannah's name. At four thirty, it's the Pop Culture Minute with Felon and cult on one on one point three kd W B Bry to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lenz. Penn State Police. They are investigating the Kelsey phone smashing incident. Oh yeah, cold actions in that to me. So it was an altercation with Jason Kelsey. He's walking, there's an unrually person who's just yelling stuff at him. He calls Travis's brother a homophobic slur, and Jason turns around, grabs his guy's phone and smashes it. But they're going to be looking into that more.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, this is how I know he's universally loved, because you could go on in the comments and if it was a celebrity people didn't really like because this happened before, and the comments will be like this person's egos crazy, you can't just break property. So many negative things, but people love the Kelsey's you are the comments and every one was like, uh, Jason found a phone on the ground and picked.
Speaker 2: It up for the guy money. Nice.
Speaker 1: Usually when people have a pretty solid history of being like normal kind human, you like you hear them out when they act like at an outraged moment like that. At first, at first I was like, what, why would he smash him one's phone? He knows better than that. But I didn't hear what the guy had said to him, so then I understood, Oh, that triggered him.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Teddy Mellencamp has filed for divorce. She was married for thirteen years, so very long time and very surprising. Quincy Jones has passed away and to actually just saw the Weekend post a really lovely tribute saying that he was very much like a huge part of his songwriting and career, and he had written the forward to Quincy's book, so he shared that on his Instagram. If you want to check that out. Quincy Jones was ninety one Quincy was pat his hand in so many huge things you probably don't even realize. Produced the biggest album of all time, Thriller, which has like seventy million albums sold, among other things. So very sad obviously. Also, you know Colet mentioned this too, but a lot of people may not realize who Quincy Jones is. But his daughter's Rashida Jones, who's on the Office and Parks and rec as well. James Vanderbeek, he was the star of Dawson's Creek. He played Dawson. He has announced he's battling colorectal cancer and he said, you know what, he is receiving treatment for that. But despite the scary diagnosis, he said he's trying to be optimistic. And according to the American Cancer Society, colorectal cancer begins in the colon or rectum and makes up ones large intestine. So it's serious, but hopefully he'll be able to get through that. And also it brings to a lot of other people's attention, and he has six kids to make sure to go get those things checked out. It's so important, you know. Obviously, October was like Breast cancer Awareness months, so they encourage women to go get mammograms. But guys have to get checked out obviously as well. And Selena Gomez the sick of the haters. People were commenting on her body yet again. I had the premiere for a new movie and she went in on them. She's like, you know, I have like illnesses. They caused me to flare up and swell, like leave my body alone. I'm never going to be a stick then person. And I was like, yeah, I can't wait. People are still doing that. That is your pop culture minute. We are six minutes away from the next chance to win Billy Elish tickets. Like I said, every twenty minutes is crazy. One on one point three KATIEWW with Ballon and Colt and you're Billy Eelish tickets. She's coming to the Twins Days for two nights. We have tickets every twenty minutes up until basically five o'clock. So basically you have this chance and then four point fifty then we'll start again tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, so many chances.
Speaker 1: So right now you have to know the name of our four ten winner at six, five, one, nine, eight nine KATIEWB. If you don't know it, listen to this winner. So you have a chance at four fifty. It's it's it sounds easy and it is, but I know how hot, but I know how hard it is. People have worked all day trying to get through, trying to get through, and that's what you do. You just keep trying. Six five, one, nine, eight nine Katie w B. Then we'll do animal encounters on kd WB. Okay, all right, it's one.
Speaker 5: On one point three KATWB twenty minute tickets tag giving away Billy Eilers tickets ever twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: If you know the name from the winner last time. I never know how to say.
Speaker 1: That is hard my last winner. If you say the time four ten? Okay, he's officially mentally dead.
Speaker 2: So I do know a question I want to ask you, though, what's your name? Barb?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, shut up?
Speaker 2: Cool, don't tell me what do you know? The name of the winner?
Speaker 7: Hanna?
Speaker 6: That's right?
Speaker 1: Wait would she say she?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Hannah? Hannah? You said Jana.
Speaker 2: I was like, what now, Hannah, Banana? She won?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Congrats Barb, yay, you're welcome. All right. Now we have one final giveaway today at four point fifty. You need to remember the name Barb on Katie WB it's time for animal encounters. This is just a highlight every single week and I want I want to give you a heads up. We want you to call in with your animal encounter stories. We have our Billie Eilish winner. We will not do another Billy Eilish until four fifty so right now, if you're calling, I'm so sorry. We're only taking calls for animal encounters. Cray things that have happened. They could be funny, they could be spooky.
Speaker 2: Give me an example, what's a what's a spooky one? You've heard before.
Speaker 1: We've been to this for a minute now, I've heard like I heard basically, there were girls camping and they're out a picnic table and they kept hearing a noise, kept hearing a noise, and they're like, what is that? And they finally got freaked out enough and they like went into their tents and they kind of hit out and they were like flashing. They're thinking, oh, maybe it's like, I don't know, like a squirrel or something in the trees. They come out, there are paw prints underneath the picnic table. They were just sitting it from a mountain lion. This cat had stalked them so easily. It was able to slink under the table they were at without them noticing. Yes, that's spooky, that's very spooky. But there could be scary ones, but there could be really funny situations.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I think we have one today that maybe is involving a turkey. It's all I'm saying, love it. So if you have an animal encounter, that's what we want you to call in with right now. Six five one nine eight nine kadew B. What's your animal encounter?
Speaker 6: So a few years ago, I went on a college tour in South Dakota.
Speaker 3: And were driving along like the little national park thing have, and I hit.
Speaker 6: A squirrel and we get out and it's this big, golden, plump squirrel and I've never seen one before, like, oh my gosh. And then we go to a little nature preserve a little later in the state park and it's an endangered species in South Dakota and I kill one.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's a felony.
Speaker 2: Did you even try stopping.
Speaker 1: We're talking to a criminal. No, it just came so fad Well, he had a family too.
Speaker 5: I don't think you ran it out. I think you got out and stomped on it. I think this is just all a cover up.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 6: And I was like eighteen when it happened, and I was freaking out.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm gonna get.
Speaker 2: Arrested right now.
Speaker 1: I feel like you sped up and try to hit that squirrel. Yeah, maybe deny it. Yeah, that would be traumatizing for me. I feel like it would ruin my trip, but I'd cry like the rest of the trip.
Speaker 3: I refused to drive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's fair. That's fair. Thank you for calling and sharing squirrel Murderer by Hi KDWB with your animal encounter story.
Speaker 7: I encountered his cooper, Oh, about a hundred for me. I looked at it, it looked at me, and I thought, I know, I'm not seeing what i'ld being and I carefully walked backwards to my house and went inside. Two days later, my husband thought, too, from there.
Speaker 1: With them things, that's terrifying. Okay, big cats, they will they stalk you, Okay they I'm surprised to even let you see it. That is my nightmare.
Speaker 7: And he said he hadn't seen one up in that area in here. I was like, well, it just came for me, it did.
Speaker 1: It's it sought you out. It was looking for a friend, you know, just like give any spare tuna.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to play with you and like one of those feather toys, like a regular cat, bring it inside, domesticated, just out of a litter box in a corner somewhere.
Speaker 2: I forget to clean it.
Speaker 1: And there was like Cooper in the litter box is basically what.
Speaker 2: A cat is, just smaller, I guess, yeah, sure.
Speaker 7: And then my husband was working in the gardens and he told me to look outside and he had a black bear watching him.
Speaker 1: Okay, where do you live.
Speaker 2: Praying like deer scent to chum these things in?
Speaker 7: I live nowhere up my Grand Rapids, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Sorry, there you have it. There you have it. That's what's going on. Thank you, hey nowhere, stay safe out there, Thank you.
Speaker 7: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Hi KATWV with your animal encounter story.
Speaker 4: So I got attacked by a turkey on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 2: Shut up? Why a turkey or volta on Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: It was the revenge of the turkey.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, tell me what happens. Where were you? I'm guessing outside or did the turkey jump by the oven?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: No, I was going to my mom's house for thanks Giving dinner and arrived there before she was there. So I was trying to find a way into her house, going to every window and door to find my way in, and I.
Speaker 1: Saw I saw what I.
Speaker 4: Thought was a big rock in her backyard that stood up and start chasing me, and I realized it was a turkey. It chased me all the way to my car. I had to get in my car and drive away as the turkey was running after my car.
Speaker 5: Oh dude, you know, I'm kind of judging you for not sticking up to yourself. You can't let a turkey belittle you like that on Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: Absolutely you can. It's called a show a little respect. Also, your mom has a badass our turkey. Okay, you don't need a dog out here. Turkeys are way crazier than a dog.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh absolutely, I was not about to get in.
Speaker 1: A fight with that thing.
Speaker 2: So did it just lurk around your vehicle until when? Like? When did you? When? Were we able to like get out?
Speaker 4: I drove away and called my mom and said, you better get your turkey in line over here.
Speaker 1: Cold, this is your chance. He has a great turkey impression. He loves to drop.
Speaker 4: Worse than I had.
Speaker 1: Oh god, that's perfect. That happened on Thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing. That's a very memorable Thanksgiving moment.
Speaker 5: Yes, even more memorable though if you were what a tussle with It's a little wrastle.
Speaker 4: Absolutely with the hand. So hopefully I don't get attacked by a pig.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling and have a great one. Hi KTEWB with your animal encounter story.
Speaker 6: On my front porch where New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Wait, what did you say?
Speaker 2: Was on your front porch and emu was on this guy's front porch? What did you do? How did you react?
Speaker 4: I called the animals control and they sent the sheriffs out and the sheriff went to go try to grab it, and it kicked the crap out of them.
Speaker 1: It was funny as hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My grandparents had an emu farm in Michigan when I was growing up. Of course they did, and I was always terrified because my dad lived in their trailer behind their house and I would always walk over to Graham and Grandma's that to cross the EMUs and it was terrifying.
Speaker 2: Oh it was. At one got hit by semi dude.
Speaker 5: They moved so weird. They looked like a little dinosaur, that's what it is. And they would make emu jerky every winter too. They would chop them up.
Speaker 2: Eighty Thank you sir.
Speaker 7: Do you have a good one?
Speaker 1: All right? This is our last one today. Don't worry. We'll redo it again tomorrow. I have no idea how we got this many Billie Eilish tickets, but we have them. Oh man, not right now. It's darkens four fifty. You can't be playing this song. It makes me want to relax and take a nappy so much, Oh god, oh chilted me awake. We do have tickets gave away for Billie Eilish. We're doing ticke attack every twenty minutes, except this is the last one, like I said, until tomorrow. If you know the name of the four thirty winner, call right now six ' five one nine eight nine Katie w B. We believe in you. You're beautiful. All right? Here we are our final pair of Billy Eilish tickets today. Don't worry, we will have more tomorrow. Let's kick it off with your name? What's your name? Shawn Seawan Chay?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can I ask you something?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you a good person?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Are you though? Be honest.
Speaker 5: I try to be.
Speaker 4: I try to be.
Speaker 1: That's all you can do. You got to try your best every day. Okay, what is the name of the four thirty winner?
Speaker 4: Barb?
Speaker 1: That's right, you're going to Billie Eilish.
Speaker 7: Yes you are.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, you're the final winner of the day. Do you have any words of encouragement for winners tomorrow?
Speaker 4: McDonald's and then calling.
Speaker 2: The best ad?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, what is your McDonald's order?
Speaker 2: I got Oh?
Speaker 1: Helly, I'm looking.
Speaker 3: Cheeseburger girl.
Speaker 1: But sorry, that guy interrupted me. All right, too far? Congratulations. We'll kick it off again tomorrow at the morning show. Okay, cult too far.
Speaker 2: On three k d WB with founding cults? Are people mad yet? Oh? We haven't even posted it.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I'm talking about? The video?
Speaker 1: What video?
Speaker 2: The video we shot?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 5: I don't think I've gotten this many death threats ever. And it's all for an accent, and it's it's a Minnesota accent.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we post them on Tuesdays.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: There's a little teaser. Cult is being so elusive, So we started a new thing where we're doing popular movies if they were Minnesotan, and we started with well, we did Bridgerton, which is in a movie, and then we took a long break and then we brought back to Filing and it went viral, and then the people hated our accents. So then we're like, let's lean into that, and we did Princess Diaries. I posted a teaser photo up at Fallon in Cult on Instagram of what tomorrow's movie will be with like a little time clock countdown for our next Minnesota movie. I had to go do some work to get the props for this one.
Speaker 5: By the way, Yeah, you were running around like crazy. I came with a blazer.
Speaker 1: Don't be given everything away?
Speaker 2: Was I wearing a wig? I don't know.
Speaker 1: It premieres tomorrow. We're going to come back though, and we're going to do the one K wordplay on KATIEWB one on one point three KATIEWB with Fallon in Cult and the one K wordplay. We introduced this last week and we got so close to having a winner on Friday.
Speaker 2: It was close.
Speaker 1: You could be our first person to win one thousand pennies the one K wordplay straight from my bank account, straight to yours. One thousand pennies. What would you do if you want a thousand pennies today?
Speaker 5: Get half a meal at a fast food plays It's like christ Starters for starters.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to call in and play and maybe the first winner we've ever had, you can at six five, one nine eight nine KTWB the Fun Party. You could choose your partner. You could choose me if you think we would have the same thought process, or you can choose Colt, and I will tell you the people who chose me. I don't think. I think we only got one match ever. Colt got three matches with his partner last week.
Speaker 5: I have been sipping on some night quolot little sick. Yes, So I don't know if it's gonna like alterning my answers what I would typically choose, But right right, we'll find out.
Speaker 1: Hello, KATIEWB. What's your name? Grace? Are you calling in for the one K wordplay? I am okay, I'm excited for you. Would you like to partner with cult or with me today? No wrong answer? I mean it really me, great choice, great cho I'm gonna leave and I wish you.
Speaker 2: What was your name again?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry? Okay, Grace. So Grace, what's gonna happen is I have four words. Okay, I'm gonna give you one word, and then you just have to give me whatever you like the first thing you think about, whatever word you think associates well with that word, and then we're gonna get found in here and see if she can match it up. Okay, okay, So your first word is crocodile. Say that one more time.
Speaker 2: Tears. Okay, next word, hole.
Speaker 5: In one.
Speaker 2: Word? Tyler?
Speaker 3: You said, Tyler? Yeah, Tyler like a like a person that does Tyler just.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, just Tyler like Tyler Like, what's up Tyler?
Speaker 6: Oh that's hard.
Speaker 2: Oh oh gosh, any word.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I guess I know what Tyler wals.
Speaker 4: So I'm just gonna play walls because I have no idea.
Speaker 2: And the last word is ballin' like I'm ballin'.
Speaker 5: Out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh that's that's great. That's great. Okay, ballin ballinn bally Aylie oxen free. Okay, here we go. She's back in the building.
Speaker 1: Okay. See I do you think Grace and I are going to be on the same page?
Speaker 2: No, I see no, Grace, Okay, well, maybe on a couple. Okay. First word crocodile hunter. Oh, tears, she had tears. Tears, that's good. Second word hoole, whole, whole, whole, Oh my god, I don't hole.
Speaker 1: This is a bad guess ground ground.
Speaker 2: She had whole in one in one, groups together A little bit.
Speaker 1: That's better than mine.
Speaker 2: Now, Tyler, Tyler, Tyler, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tyler Tyler, No wonder she didn't stay to.
Speaker 2: Chade Tyler.
Speaker 1: Henry.
Speaker 2: She went, She said, I know it, Tyler Walsh so washed.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't know that, Tyler.
Speaker 5: Last word is ballin' like ballin' shot, collin out.
Speaker 2: Oh, ballin' out? So was it close? No? Was it a good game?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: How are you gonna go home? How are you gonna go home and tell your family and friends who lost out on a thousand pennies?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, that's alright.
Speaker 3: I can maybe try again.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 5: Hopefully you financially recover from this, and we'll try again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the thing with the one K wordplay. We're doing it every day. I predict at least one person will win this week. Maybe you choose caled next time. Today's trending with Fallon and cold one and it's brought to you by nikolay Law dot com. So a lot of people are doing the early voting in Minnesota. Obviously, tomorrow's a big day. That's the top trending story. We're not going to get into who we voted for anything like that, but tomorrow is the big election day and Minnesota has really shown up already. One point one million early ballots have been cast this year, which they say is soaring past the twenty sixteen total. And they said Minnesotans can cast even more absentee ballots ballots, and which is.
Speaker 2: What I did.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to make sure it got in and so I did that. Jake said he went over today. I think Jenny said she went over yestualday. There were like ten people online. So people are you know, they're getting out there and doing the early voting, which is good because the day of you can face some long lines depending on where your polling place is. But I thought it was really great to see people going out there and voting and huge numbers clearly. Also, did you remember the game? It might be before your time, cald I never played it, but the Oregon Trail Game. Oh what you never played, not really didn't. I didn't have like a computer at my house and the ones at school. There was a guy named Travis and he ruined him with a magnet, so it's kind of ruined the fun for everyone.
Speaker 2: I sound like a dravist thing, to be fair, Yeah it does.
Speaker 1: The Oregon Trail game was made in Minnesota. Did you know that?
Speaker 2: I didn't know. That's crazy it is, and now.
Speaker 1: They're going to give it a movie adaptation.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that. Hit me, Hit me with some more. What do we got?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What do you guys?
Speaker 2: Sidney going to be in it?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine? Probably she's in everything else. She'll be the hot person that gets like, I don't know, thrown off the wagon. I don't know what it'll be, but I.
Speaker 5: Feel like you would probably do. You would do a so good on the Oregon Trail because you're a.
Speaker 1: One of those Oh wait what you say it like that? My husband does too?
Speaker 2: Oh well assertive?
Speaker 1: No, oh the way you pronounced the state Oregon. Yeah I don't. I'm not saying I'm right because I'm from Indiana and I've learned that most things I was taught are rock non Probably but I say Oregon, and I think it depends on where you're from in the country, because my husband says Oregone, like you as.
Speaker 2: Well, Oregon. I don't know, I'm pretty s also.
Speaker 1: Said Italian, though.
Speaker 2: Shred and instead of.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's how you said it, I think you said.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Do you know what the word of the year is? You know they always have like a word of the year and okay, wait, hold.
Speaker 2: On, let me guess some guess. Let me get three guesses. Go.
Speaker 1: Actually, good question. It's not talked to, but I wouldn't be surprised if that made the list. Actually, it's a good guess too. No, when you hear it, you'll like, oh that makes.
Speaker 2: Sense, tantalizing.
Speaker 1: Nope, you're getting farther from it. I think brat. Oh yes, huge, so obvious is so brat? So brat is the word of the year. We talked about this a little bit earlier, but they are completely saying, yeah, no surprise that your kids being on their phones all the time are heightening depression and anxiety. Teens and screen time, they say older teens like fifteen to seventeen, they're getting like four hours of screen time a day. Now, think about that, they're in school most of the day, which means the majority of the rest of the time they're on their phones. Twelve to fourteen year olds also get a ton of it, but just not even not more than that necessarily, and obviously you know they're gonna be something to get more than others. But research found teens who had four or more hours per day of screen time were more likely to experience anxiety and depression. And Jake and I've talked about this so much because Dylan, my steps on, he's had a phone forever and I don't know, we'll find out if that affects him or not. Yeah, he doesn't spend a ton of time on his phone, but then again, there are days he does, and I do. I do, And I can tell things are off when I spend too much time on my phone on a certain day.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My little cousin, she is fourteen, and she this summer she got I think it was like eleven she was averaging like eleven hours a day on her owne oh, because her parents like work. Yeah, so like you're just got home doing like just literally looking at TikTok or on the phone or whatever, So I don't know, it's pretty. It's actually terrifying.
Speaker 1: But you'll keep your kids from having a phone until a certain age or.
Speaker 2: Probably they're gonna hate me.
Speaker 5: And everyone else has a phone, but you get a jitterbug and get you maybe like a flip phone, a little razor or something.
Speaker 1: May Yeah, no, I we jake, and I wearly our goal and you know everything, you can't. Who knows what will happen. Yes, all it will be so mad because all her friends will have it, right, But our goal is for her to have a phone to call us if she needs us, but not have social media access until or like a smartphone, until she's fifteen or sixteen years.
Speaker 5: Somebody I said, like, when you give your kid a phone, you're not giving them access to people. You're giving people access to your kids. That's what That's how they said it.
Speaker 2: I hate that maybe.
Speaker 1: Terrified absolutely all right, Well that's all you get. That's your trending. Brought to you by nicolay Law dot com.
Speaker 2: This is the fallin cool love.
Speaker 1: I'd like to understand while I was going on exit this weekend, how I already I'm like, it's not even snowing yet, but that is the case. Accidents happen, especially in Minnesota in the winter, and when you are injured in an accident, you need someone on your side. That's why I always suggest having this number saved on your phone. Russell with Nicolay Law is the person for you to call because when things happen like you get into an accident, the insurance companies are going to pressure you. They are going to take care of that for you. They're going to handle it, and they're gonna make sure you don't deal with any of that nonsense. Give them a call one eight five five N I C O L E T or FINALM at Nicolay Law dot com one on one point thirty KDEWB with Fallon and CLT. So you know the new Wicked movie is coming out? I do, well, Ariana Grande. Did you know that's not her full name?
Speaker 3: Uh? Not?
Speaker 1: Well, I guess well, it is her real name, but it's not her full name. That's well, her full name is Ariana Grande, but Terra b U t E r A. It's like hyphenated and that's what's on her birth certificate. And she's actually using her real name for the credit for Wicked. Whoa and so this station in Australia. They're like, well, why did you choose to do that, like you have never used it before, and she said, technically it's my little girl name. She said that it's a little ari's name. I just feel like this experience was such a homecoming for me. I feel like I came home to myself in a lot of ways through what I learned from Glinda. And remember that was kind of like her dream. She went to see the show when she was ten years old. So she said it was a really lovely way of honoring that. I felt it was really full circle. I thought that was very cute. All the early reviews say this movie is so good, perfect, their performances are so good. They'll probably be nominated for I would say at least Cynthia Arrivo will because she has like the history of Broadway