Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in here our number three of our Election day edition of Coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety Nick Coffee, the company Man, mister John Alton, alongside one more hour to go as we finished strong here been a fun show so far today. I mean I've enjoyed myself. Hopefully you guys that have been with us have enjoyed yourself as well. We're going to try to keep that rolling along here. I will say this when it comes to you know, election day, we're not talking politics here. You wouldn't want that, and I wouldn't want to do that, and certainly wouldn't be you know, wouldn't be fun. However, I will I'll say if you are someone that has found yourself yelling at people, maybe like in person, or maybe arguing with strangers on the internet, or maybe arguing with people that you know on the internet. I just check Facebook on my phone during the commercial break there, and I saw somebody who I'm friends with said that they've been they've lost three friends on Facebook today, not like you know, hopefully not like in real life, but like they've they were unfriended by people I guess because they were sharing political opinions. I mean, I guess that's not mean and nasty, but you know, let's be real, if you want to go find people yelling at each other about politics, there's a lot of places you can you can do it, but I'd say Facebook is probably and it's your best bet to start the.
Speaker 3: Entire Facebook generation, which I don't think it's quite your age. I think it may be ten or fifteen years older than you. Those people who are on Facebook for the most part, those are the ones who love to share their political opinions more than others.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh yeah, I mean, i'd say it's people older than just fifteen years older than me. Although you can that, I mean, I guess you could find you know, people of all ages can do whatever they want on the Internet. But I feel like there are people who were introduced to the world of social media and really the Internet a lot later in their life to where they just have a different way of utilizing the platform. Like some people will just get out the Facebook app and say took a shower last night. Now I'm gonna have a snack. Like they'll just post that as a Facebook status and you know, you'll think, like, hmm, that's interesting, Like why wouldn't be you know, everybody, you know, you can utilize the platform that is Facebook anyway that you want. But in all seriousness, what do you think you're gonna gain by yelling at somebody rather it be somebody you know or somebody that you don't know that's a stranger, and maybe it's not yelling, But like, I just think at this point in the process, like the people are gonna vote who they're gonna vote for now if you want to, you know, And this is where I probably need to just move on and not keep discussing because it might, you know, it might because I've been pretty pretty vanilla today, right, Like, I don't think I've done anything to ignite either side here, just trying to, you know, not take things so serious and have some fun. I know the election is a serious thing, but why do people feel the need to share their opinions? Like are you trying to Like, if you're not asked and you're not a political pundit, why do you feel the need to just do you think you're gonna change somebody's mind. Maybe you do, Like I mean this when I say when it comes to the rivalry, I learned this way too late, but I'm glad I did learn it many years ago. There's no point in me going back and forth about U of L and UK with my closest friends and even some family members who are diehard Kentucky fans. What potentially could be the positive outcome from that experience. Nothing. I'm not going to change their mind. I'm not going to, like I guess if you're just wanting them to like eat crow and take their medicine because their team lost, like whatever. But I mean, there's not anything you're gonna say in an argument that's going to change, like that's gonna Okay, you're right, You're right. I was wrong. I'm now going to be a UK fan Like that's never happened, and you wouldn't want that anyway. Like some of them, some of my best friends are Kentucky fans. It would be weird if they weren't and they became U OFL fans. I would say, no, this is this is weird, Like, no, not happening, Like my buddies who have kids. If their kids were U of L fans, and I know how die hard they are as UK fans, like I would I would think that was wrong. I wouldn't want them, you know. So when it comes to politics, maybe the same can be applied. Like we're never going to probably agree as far as which party, but we can still you know, be decent to one another, maybe even be like really good friends and like each other.
Speaker 3: That's the problem with the radicals on both sides, the act like those who support the side they disagree with are just not human being.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like in humane people. Yes, yeah, And you know, I hope and I do believe that the radical the far on each side is a small group and the vast majority of society is in the middle. Like I hope that that's the case, and I kind of think that it is. But either way, like what would be you're in Like do you think on election Day you're gonna you're gonna get into a Twitter fight or a Facebook fight and like actually change the election? Oh man, I was on my way to vote, but datis on Facebook?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: He really he really fired off something electric That's got me thinking differently. I'm gonna probably really have to to think about what I'm doing when I get to the when I get to the poll, like, you know, like it's not happening, so it's not worth your energy, and it can only I think impact you negatively if you use today as a day to yell and fight with people, regardless if it's on the internet, if it's in person, if it's people that you know, if it's people that you don't know, I mean, if it's people that you I don't know, I mean, you still probably won't benefit from it. But like, don't make today the day where you end up, like have a falling out with somebody over this stuff, because that's I mean, I don't think it'd be worth it. But you know, people make their own decisions. But Happy election Day, everybody, all right. So we discussed quite a bit throughout the show last night's opener for Pat kelsey first real game, and they looked really good. I mean, you can't ask for a much better performance. I mean, they won the game by forty eight points, ninety three to forty five. Was to score Morehead State score just fourteen points in the first half, missed twenty of their last twenty one attempts in the first half. I mean they were just suffocating defensively. You were able to see, Okay, yeah, this team does have legitimate depth because they can go to the bench and really get better. There's not a huge gap. But like if Cason Pryor keeps playing the way he's playing, your best player is gonna be coming off the bench, because I mean he was. He was the reserve last night, played twenty minutes. Again, really balanced when it comes to how minutes were distributed night, And that's what you want, like for Louisville to you know, to reach their ceiling. And I don't know for sure what their ceiling is, but the best recipe, the best case scenario for Louisville is that you see a team that does have a lot of shooters. They've got a lot of balance, They're deep, they play fast, their games end up with a lot of possessions, and they and they and they and they work their ass off on the floor like they are. Their energy and enthusiasm is top notch throughout. That's how their coaches, that's how he wants his team to be. And you have the ability to do that at a better level if you have depth then you can keep guys fresh because you can say, okay, yeah, Terrence Edwards, junior man, he's he's been, he's been working his ass off. He needs a breather. Let me put in, let me put in Javon Hadley. There's not a big you know, clearly different players, but like that's where you can really utilize the strengths that you know, we hope would be the strengths of this team. And last night, again it's morehead state. They're not a great team by any means, but I mean you did all you could ninety three to forty. I mean you dominated, and they did not shoot it great eleven of thirty six from three. And they're gonna have games like that where they shoot thirty six to forty threes, thirty five to forty. Maybe sometimes they shoot more than forty threes, and maybe they don't shoot it thirty percent. Maybe it's worse or maybe it's slightly better, and you still feel like, you know what, I wouldn't call that a good shooting game. Well, if you make enough and your defense is as tenacious as Louisville was last night, and you can create twenty nine points from turning your opponent over and speeding the game up. Then that's that's how you can not really be impacted on the scoreboard by having a night where you did miss a lot of threes. I mean, again, eleven of thirty six, it's not the worst. But I know there were people watching last night that felt like, Wow, in the first half, they've missed eight straight threes, why don't they slow it down? Why don't they feed the post? And that's just not who they are, So when they're missing shots, they're not Pat Kelsey's I mean, I don't mean, I'm sure there are shots where he feels like is is not a great shot, But this team has been trained and built to have a very short memory, and nearly everybody at almost any given moment has the green light, So you live with it. I mean, you don't have to. I mean, you can be upset and think that it's a faulty way to play the game, and you know that's your opinion. But I think last night, the way this team played is really exactly what Pat Kelsey wants. He wants his guys to make more shots, he wants them to be a little bit better at the free throw line. He probably wants them to limit some of the offensive rebounds that Morehead stayed got like they weren't perfect, but as far as style and really execution and energy, I think that's exactly what he wants. And again, ninety three to forty five was the score. And now you've got a big time opportunity in just your second game here of the Pat Kelcierra to get a top fifteen win in front of what I hope is a big crowd at the Young Center on Saturday works out perfect where the momentum is only growing. As far as you know this basketball program under Pat Kelsey. If last night didn't, you know, there's no way last night hurt as far as anybody wanting to, you know, be out there this season, especially for the big game on Saturday. It probably made you want to be there, or maybe it maybe made you want to go back if you were there in attendance last night. Obviously, Tennessee is a much different challenge than Morehead State. But I liked what I saw last night, and I wasn't expecting a letdown. I wasn't expecting a loss by any means. But I actually think everything about their performance as far as execution and energy was better than anything I've seen in those exhibition games. So really impressive last night, and now I can't wait for Saturday, which, by the way, Tennessee, I want to shift gears here and talk about the potential atmosphere Saturday, and also just about the whole you know, the conversation about lack of attendance, ticket prices, that kind of stuff. I do want to I do want to reset that in just a second. But this Tennessee team, I'm not here to tell you that they're overrated and that they're you know, because it's tough to know how good anybody really is right down, including Louisville. But last night, you know, Tennessee that they're coming off of a not a bad game against Indiana. Again, I didn't watch it, but I didn't hear anybody claim that they looked, you know, like terrible. It just was kind of a sloppy game for them where they probably you know, they didn't shoot well, and like a lot of teams, they're probably still putting it together. They've got a lot of new pieces as well. So they lost Indiana in that secret scrimmage, and then last night they beat Gardner Webb. But it was pretty close for you know, nearly half the game they won by sixteen. kN Palm projected that to be a twenty five point win for them. So either Gardner webs better than everybody thought after one night, or Tennessee just wasn't quite as impressive, you know. For reference, Louisville beat more or At State by forty eight points. Ken Pomp projected that to be an eighteen point win. So it's exciting because look, beating Tennessee when they're top fifteen in the country, that's huge. I mean, talk about a great way to mean. You couldn't you couldn't script a better start for Pat Kelsey if that's win ends up happening. But also, like, I don't know if they're top fifteen because stuff to know, right like, maybe Tennessee takes a big step back. But all I know is right now, when they come in on Saturday, the perception of them is going to be that they're really good, and I'm going to run with that. And if Louisville can pull off the win, it'll be I mean, it'll be I mean, try not to just say the same thing. I mean, it'll be insane, Like.
Speaker 3: They don't have a line for that game yet do they I.
Speaker 2: Haven't seen one. It'll probably it'll probably come out on Friday, is my guess. But like that to me will be the moment where you you probably find yourself well I can only speak for me, but maybe I won't be alone here if they're able to win and get that kind of a win in just the second game for pat and that the atmosphere at them is really insane and it's a white out, and like you, you know, if this thing plays out perfectly as far as the scenario, I think that'll be the moment for me that I've referenced for about a year now, Like when it's over and you finally have something really good happen, We're going to probably react to it times ten compared to what we used to because I mean, even look, if you beat a top fifteen team, I don't care who Louisville's coaches or what era we're in, Like, you know that that's valuable and that's a big deal. But when you consider the recent years and just the Louisville program, you know, in the last four years or so, like it's going to feel like, you know, you did something that's you know, probably not. We try to try to. I'm trying to find my comfort zone here as far as like not acting like you want a national championship, But like I think people may react that way and we'll get made fun of. I'm sure because like you know, people will think, geez, I remember my first winning against the ranked team, and I'll be thinking, well, yeah, for Louisville, it's been a while. Things have been have been bad. But when it comes to that atmosphere on Saturday, Pat Kelsey was asked last night at the end of his press conference about, you know, what he would say to fans as far as the you know, I guess basically, hey, you're on the spot here, what would you say to get fans to come out to the game. Here's what he said.
Speaker 4: I mean, people know, people in this town know. They they know. I mean Josh, Josh and Brian Cloman were the one that came to me and to go Game two Tennessee and I'm like, Tennessee Game two. They're like, yeah, it's gonna be at the city. The city. I'm telling you, PK, like do the game.
Speaker 2: Let's play it.
Speaker 4: They're gonna show up. Places gonna be packed. It's gonna be rocking. So I'm like, all right, So Josh promised me the place is gonna be rocking and almost packed. So uh, you guys gotta you guys, gotta have Josh's back and get there. And let's say, let's say have twenty thousand at them on Saturday. Play like I said, a great team, great team, phenomenally well coached, Hall of Fame All American point guard. They got, they got the Noah's Ark, they got two of everything, and you know, and we're gonna need the white out, We're gonna need the six man. And I know the Louisville fan base in the city of Louisville is gonna step up. Let's make Saturday really really special? Is that all right?
Speaker 2: So I have no clue what to expect as far as the actual attendance here. I really don't. And I usually am comfortable in saying that, like hey, because with Louisville, the one thing that really does surprise me at times with attendants is when there is like a big game and a big opportunity, and Louisville is also a good team with momentum and the crowds are really like that. I think that's a rare situation because I think we've shown that when there is a big game, louis fans will show up. Now, if it's a dud game, don't be surprised if there's a lot of empty seats. If it's if if it's middle of the pack, middle of the road, or whatever, then you know your guess is as good as mine as far as what ends up happening at that point, it probably depends on time, day of the week, you know, that kind of stuff. So I've said for a couple of years now that I don't try to I don't like to get into the whole conversation about attendance and tickets because I don't believe in shaming fans. But I also understand that, like it's not a good thing if you can't get people to come back to the Yum Center, if the UMP Center becomes the venue for Louisville basketball, moving forward to where if you get if you get eighteen thousand once a year, that's considered a big deal, like that wouldn't be ideal. So, like, I see both sides of it. I mean, I don't really have a strong opinion because again, both things can be true. It makes total sense for fans to say, look, I'm not interested in going to a game on a Wednesday when you play a team I've never heard of, and it costs what it costs, Like I can still be a fan at home and I'll go to four or five games that you know, I see worth my investment. But again, if only, like you know, if there becomes just the if there's a core that only shows up for these kind of games you had last night and the exhibitions, I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world. But that's not what you want. That's not ideal. So I see both sides of it, and I don't know the perfect solution. I really don't. So that's always why I've kind of stayed away from just getting into it. But it's clearly become a big conversation among Louisville fans because people want to go to games, but they can't afford it. And I think if U of L was able to simply make the prices for tickets on their website a lot cheaper than they are, I think they would do it. So like, I don't really blame them, like it's business, but I also understand fans saying, hey, I know you need me now, but I can't afford it. And even though maybe your price point is to do with a mistake you made hiring the wrong guy last time, I'm not going to hold it against you. But I don't have the money, like I can't. I can't, I can't afford it. So you know, I don't know how they fix it. But one thing that that is starting to trigger me a little bit is whenever, And I'm not I'm not worried about what other fans say. Like I know, last night, Matt said something that got everybody fired up, and that's that's I mean, he's good at that, Like that's that's probably what he was hoping to happen, and it worked for him. But he made some kind of a comment about how bad the attendance was for Pat Kelsey, and you know, it let everybody up. And I really, you know, again, I don't I don't agree with that. I don't see it that I didn't see last night as like you know, a huge alarming issue. But you know, that's that's that's what rivals do. They go back and forth about this kind of stuff. I think it's a little unusual how much Kentucky fans. Not all of them, but you know, plenty of them. They were obsessed, not just with Louisville, but man, they want they want to they want to see, they want to see if there's empty seats, they want to see if they I mean, they want an audit of like who actually went to games. And I just think that's weird behavior to be, you know, that level. But again, they're that's that's how a lot of them operate. And that's fine, that's what makes the rivalry insane. But what gets me is Louisville fans shaming other fans of the same fan base, calling them soft and fair weather. Like that's legit to it extent, but that's also unfair. Like last night, I don't know what it costs to get into that game, but I know that if you want, if you want to go to the Spalding game and not a real game, and you wanted to sit in the nosebleeds, just you and one other person, it was gonna cost you over one hundred dollars just to get in the door. You throw in parking, You throw in a drink for each person, maybe a popcorn to share. I mean that that's that's a lot of money to a lot of people, and it's just something that one, you know, they can't justify it and they also can't really afford it like that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why I think you're seeing for games like last night, the types of crowds that you're seeing now. I think it'll get better. Meaning if they keep playing this way when they play, especially they beat Tennessee the Winthrop game, maybe the Winthrop game, there'll be a twenty percent boost from what you saw last night. Maybe when they play I don't know some other teams they play that are you know, I can't think of it. I don't have the schedule in front of me, but you know, because honestly, a lot of their non conference games are against teams you've heard of because they're playing a pretty challenging schedule in the non conference, maybe one of the most challenging schedules in the country. So, like, I don't know what the perfect solution is, but I would just you know, I'll say this when it comes to Louisville fans that feel like, hey, the reason nobody's going is because our fan base is dying and we're a bunch of fair weather. We're posers. We claim we love college basketball, but no, if so it be a packed house twenty two thousand standing to play orhead state, like that's so off, Like that's just not reality. And I mean again, like maybe it's changed. In fact, I think it has changed, but like if you just go to again, and this is I'm not blaming the university because again I think if they could make it cheaper, they would, and I think they understand and they're not like there's a reason why, like they're not they want they want fans to come, but they also you know, understand that right now with the economy, with the price point, like you know, there's gonna probably be more empty seats than they want. But like if you just go to tickets at go cards dot com, like that, that's how a lot of people are probably programmed to get tickets and they see the price and they think, no, can't do it. It's not because they're they don't care. That's not apathy. That's just like making a financial decision that is responsible that if you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Hell I wouldn't be able to afford it. I mean not to say that if I can't afford it, nobody can trust me. I'm not made of money. I work in radio. But it's not a cheap thing to do. And that's the ultimate issue here. If it was easy to fix, I think UFL would have already implemented some kind of a fix. So I'm hopeful that tenants gets better, but I'm going to continue to just understand that if it's not great or even good for games like last night, as far as the opponent, it's not because the Louisville fan based has some major issue. It's I think for obvious reasons. All right, quick break, keeple locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to the conversation about getting more fans to buy tickets and show back up at at the m Center, right, if there was an easy fix where you snap your fingers and it's done, it would have already been done. I think it's a variety of things, but I think that if in fact tickets were cheaper, you'd still see empty seats and people would still have this conversation. But I do think you would you would also visibly see more more people that are there. And you know, I'm not blaming you of l I mean, you can if you want. But when I say this, it's not like it's it's all their fault. But when I mentioned if you just go to go cards dot com, because again, most people, I would say, if you are not somebody that buys tickets a lot, or maybe you just do it, I don't know, a couple times a year, you probably think, Okay, I want to go to the Louisville basketball game. Hm, I can just go to Ticketmaster, which is the you know, most known play. I mean, they're certainly not the best. They're the worst in my opinion, because of all the fees and whatnot that come with it. I mean, there are many competitors to Ticketmaster that are not nearly as known because Ticketmaster's been around a long long time that you can get tickets from. You can get tickets for louis games and other events for much cheaper without all the thieves. Which we'll talk about that in just a second. But again, I think right now, if you're not really just thinking, man, there's all kinds of options. Let me consider the eight different places I could buy a ticket. And I'm not saying that's a lot of work, but again, people who don't like people who are, oh wow, Louisville's pretty good again, they're playing good basketball. Let me go see if I can get tickets. You're probably gonna go to Ticketmaster, or you're gonna go to go cards dot com and click tickets and that through the school, through the school website, it takes you to Ticketmaster. And when you just click on that, I mean, when you do it that way, I mean it's it's not cheap. And I know that, you know, cheap to somebody may not be cheap to someone else. Everybody's financial situation is different. But yeah, you know, you don't even have to be like a blue collar person like you don't have to be somebody that maybe has you know, doesn't have a whole lot of extra income for entertainment like going to Louisville basketball games. I think it could be somebody that's probably doing decent for yourself that would still have a hard time paying what it would cost if you just go about getting tickets this way. So for Tennessee, there's a bunch of tickets available, I would assume right now, because you know, we're getting closer to Saturday, and I hope that many people get tickets, but as far as like you know, right now, you can still there's still a lot of them available. So in Tennessee is a big game. It's not just a you know, it's not just a you know, a random game against Winthrop or Bellerman or something like that. So if I wanted to go get tickets for me and John, I'm gonna go upper level three h nine nosebleeds. I am eight rows from the very top of the Umcenter, and I'm gonna get these two tickets. I'm not really buying them.
Speaker 1: John.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you've got plans and you don't want to go anyway, But I'm just saying I don't want to put you in a spot where you'd have to say, Nick, if you bought those tickets, Man, sorry, you can't go. I'm just hypothetical here. Yes, So if I go check out, that's one hundred and fifty bucks before morphees are added, before parking, before you know, a beer or even a soda, And that's three hundred bucks. It's a lot of I mean, you know, roughly three hundred bucks all thing is considered. That's a lot of money too many people. And it doesn't mean that like they are brought, like the fan base has a problem. That's not a problem with apathy, that's just like, hey, it's getting pricey. The economy is not in a great place. Like I just can't do that. I want to. I love Pat Kelcey, I just can't afford it. And I think UFL knows that. But this is the way they have to price it for, you know, reasons I don't know and don't really need to know. Like I don't think they're out here being greedy. And if you view it as hey, they're making us pay the price for their mistake by hiring Kenny Payne, well, I mean it's a business and they can't operate on charity. I mean, so I think there's been some clear messaging from those on the inside. They want you to come, They're going to encourage you. But Peyton Seve, of all people, I thought, did a great job last night on and I say of all people, I mean it's sarcasm, like he's a great dude and we need more. Peyton Seve is out there in this world. But he just said, look, appreciate everybody who came out the ump centers rock and also appreciate all of you who watched it home, you know great, you know, just basically hyping up the fans and making it clear like, hey, if you can't get it, if you can't come, we get it, right. So, I mean, even, let's go to Bellerman. I clicked on Bellerman and I'm gonna get tickets for me and John in the Bellermin game. We're going nose bleeds again. Fifty bucks a pop. I mean, at least from where I'm at right now before fees, Well, it looks like I can get yeah, two in section three oh seven, two seats for me and you. It's fifty bucks apiece a hundred bucks. And I'm not even sure if that is if that includes the I mean, I'm sure there'll be an added fee as to what it is. I don't actually know. I have to check out, and whenever I do that, it asks me to log in, and I don't. I'm not logging in. So, you know, again, I don't bring this up to say, hey, it's all U of L's fault. I'm just saying, like I don't believe there's some deep rooted issue that Louisville basketball is never gonna have fans come to games anymore. Now, Will attendance ever be like it once was? Probably not, but more than anything, just because like things like there's not as much of an incentive to say that you were at a game like there was long long ago. I mean, now you can watch it at home and you know, only go to five six games a year because it's cheaper and you know you so, I mean it makes sense. So you know, with all that said, like I still stand by what I've said for a while now that like I see both sides of it. You do need more people to go to games. It's not ideal for U of L to have the type of attendance you know, regularly like you had last night. But I also totally understand that there's many fans that aren't going. And it's not because they're checked out, they don't carry anymore, they lost their love for Louisville hoops. It's because they can't afford it. And this became a really big thread of mine on Twitter today that I wasn't really expecting because you know, and again which people on Twitter that that doesn't represent the entire fan base. But you know, there are a lot of people who who simply you know, are making it clear, like, look, I want to go, but I just I can't. I can't justify it, like Brandon writes it and says, I paid Twitter and thirty dollars for three tickets eleven rows up from the court got them off seat gee, So you know that's somebody who's you know, that's that's to me, that's a lot of money. But hey, if you're eleven rows up from the court, that's not bad. This says cheapest ticket for last night was fifty bucks in the nosebleeds. If that's the case. You know, if that's the case, then again, like if you can't swing that, or even if you think to yourself, like I might be able to afford that, but like I'm going to spend my money a little bit differently, Like I totally understand that too. So there are some options to where you can go cheaper, and I don't I'm not an expert on this, but I know seat geek and tick pick absolutely have cheaper fees at times. Now they still have some fees associated, but it's not I mean, I think you will find that you'll end up spending less if you go through those platforms than you would if you use Ticketmaster. But if you go to the YOUM Center box office during the day, which is not convenient for most people. But if you really want to go and the price point is really just that difficult for you, and you can make it to the box office, they're open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and you can, you can eliminate a lot of those fees. So Kyle, he mentions that forty three dollars. Well, yeah, let's see, so apparently he talked to somebody at the ticket office. And this is clearly a lot of hearsay, but it makes little sense that if you buy from the Young box office in person Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you will avoid all those fees that make your tickets, you know, substantially expensive. Now, sometimes even with no fees, you're still going to look at the price and say, man I can't swing it. So but if you are somebody that is saying, look, I want to go, but man I just can't afford it, there are some things you can do to potentially, you know, make that cost a little less expensive. And look, I'm not saying this to I mean, I really don't know if I stand a benefit from saying this. But like I've had tickets that I've had given to me to give away that you know right now, I feel like this would be a real time that if we were giving away free tickets, people would would really want them. I mean, heck, you give away tickets to the previous era of Louisville basketball, that's an insult to somebody had in the tickets to what we used to have. Now there's legitimately people that want to go, and the price is the issue. But I'm not blaming U of L. I'm blaming Learfield. Leearfield won't let me. Learfield says I'm not allowed to give away tickets to U of L games for free because I don't have like it expressed written consent and because we're we're not partners with lear Field. I mean, I left it alone, but like twice I've asked like, hey, I've got these to give away. Am I good? Or am I going to get hit with like a cease and assist? And I was told you can't do it. So, you know, I'm trying to help and give away some tickets to people who would want them, and I'm being told I'm not allowed to so, but I believe that's a Learfield thing. And I think if it, if I really wanted to raise this think about itrobably could get the green light. And maybe I will, But I don't, you know, I'm not. I don't want to.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like contentious situations and confrontation and all that. But like, isn't that ridiculous again, I'm not. I mean, you don't have to answer that, John, because I'm gon to make it look like I'm having you defend me. But like, I'm just trying to like get more people to go to games. But because we don't have their games anymore and we're not I guess radio partners with them like we once were, they don't, like I guess they think I'm gonna use free tickets they were gifted to me to like prop up my show illegally that I you know, it makes no petty. Oh, it's really petty. It's super petty. So anyways, there are cheaper ways to go than just by going to the school website clicking tickets, but it's still probably not going to be affordable for some and you'll probably have to look a little harder or put a little extra work in, like going you know, actually going to the going to the to the box office. But man, I hope that there's a big crowd there on Saturday. I think there will be a great crowd in the lower bowl. I think you'll see empty seats up top, but they'll still there, still will be up there that are noticeable and hopefully loud. And if that's what it is, you know, as long as those people are rocking, man, it's going to be a great atmosphere that this team should be able to really build from or build lean on. I should say, all right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side and wrap up this election day edition of Coffee and Company fuel Boy Thornton's right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. All right, final segment here on an election day edition of Coffee and Company fueled by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven ninety. And I'll use these final few minutes wisely and let you know how you can take something that is already great and make it even better. And I'm talking about sex, ladies and gentlemen fellas. Could you benefit from a little bit extra in the bedroom, Yes, we all could. Bluetoo dot com can help with exactly that. And when I say help, I don't mean like you're in desperate need of help or you know that you have to have it, or you know you got an issue. I think so many people have this conception. They have this perception of products like Blue Choo as if like, hey, I got to take it or I can. It's not that. I mean it can help you if that is an issue, but it also can just enhance the overall experience. And who would want to do that? Again, it's blue Chee. They use the same active ingredients as Viagra and Cialis, but it's in a chewable tablet and it's a fraction of the cost. It's an online prescription service, so therefore you don't have to go to the doctor's office and have those awkward conversations, nothing like that. It ships right to your door in a discrete package. And here's something you need to be aware of. Once you get in the game with Blue Cheo and you know you have that great experience, your partner's probably gonna, you know, want to keep that going, right, So just be prepared for that. And I don't think that'd be an issue for you, right. More of the business, you know what I'm saying, more the good stuff, more the sex. That's what you want, right, So you're welcome, and it gets even better. Not only am I telling you about blue I'm gonna give you a great deal here courtesy of my friends at blue Choo. You can try for free when you use the promo code Nick seven ninety at checkout again bluecho dot com Nick seven ninety At check out. All you gotta do is pay five bucks shipping. That's blue shoo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety to receive your first month free blue choo dot Com promo code Nick seven ninety. All right, So some final thoughts here. Just on election day, One thing that really has stood out to me is how confident both sides seem, almost as if like they're laughing that the other side thinks that there's gonna be a chance they win. And that makes this to me like entertaining. I mean, that makes it to where, like I mean, it confirms probably what a lot of people were assuming, and that whatever ends up happening, the losing side's gonna blame the refs, meaning like you know, somebody cheated, right, Like that's probably what's gonna happen. At least those that are that you know, vocal and that loud. But it's not just like, yeah, we'll see what happens. But I'm confident in who I voted for and I feel good about it. It's not that it's like, oh, wow, they're panicking over there. I mean, that's that to me, even as somebody who does not follow like politics that closely and don't have a lot of memories of previous elections that stand out, this to me seems often where it's it's this level of like, you know, seemingly thinking the other side is delusional to think they have a chance.
Speaker 3: Without saying who I voted for. I don't think the person I voted for is gonna win. Okay, that's kind of the opposite of what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're also not, you know, a lunatic on the internet, like a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not trying to say, yeah, that's interesting that I have that other perspective.
Speaker 2: I know what you mean. Yeah, I'll admit I have no clue. I wouldn't. I have no clue. We'll find out, and I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and probably have the same day I would regardless. That's just how I see it. And if I'm an idiot, you know, I guess I'm guilty of that. One thing I don't understand, though, is paying so many celebrities to endorse certain candidates. Like celebrities are people themselves, but like talk about getting advice about who you should vote for with somebody who's insanely not relatable to you, like they're they're not relatable to the vast majority of society. And there may be great people, but like, I can't imagine having like a celebrity be the be the final you know, the final factor, and me coming to a decision or something like that. But anyways, happy election to everybody. Let's let's all have a good evening and and be be good to each other. Have a good night.