Speaker 1: KFI A six. It's later with Mo Kelly. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and I'm told I'm told that Stephan has done his latest homework assignment. Not too long ago, we had a conversation with Gary Hoffman talking about the TV show Adolescens on Netflix. I loved it, and I loved it because Gary Hoffman told me about it, watched it. It was everything he said it was and more. And Stephan, unbeknownst to me, actually started watching it and he gave me just a little bit of his review. We'll get to that a little bit later on this going on right now. Oh, and some show programming notes. Tomorrow, I'll be joined on the show by David Ayr, who is the director of A working Man, which is Jason Statham's latest movie. He's also the director of The bee Keeper with Jason Statham. He's also the director of Suicide Squad and so much more. But we're gonna be talking about A working Man, which hits theaters late tomorrow, you know, they do the late Thursday night showing and then officially in theaters on Friday and on Monday, the thirty first. I'll be joined by Bosh Harry Bosh, Titus Welliver. Yeah, it's the coolest three hours in all Talk radio. Baby. Yeah, that's what I try to tell you. So Titus Welliver is going to join us on Monday, talking of course about Bosh Legacy Season three, which is thought to be the final season. No official announcement, of course, I'll ask him see what we can find out, big, big show tonight. Though, before we get to all of that, in the coming days, we have some Dodger updates. The Dodgers are going to be visiting the White House next month on April seventh, and there's this new Dodger's Panda Express promotion, which I'm so giddy about. I think I'm going to sign up for it right now. It is so cool and I love me some Panda Express. And we have a Waymo update. Weymo was expanding, so that means Twalla Sharp is going to make even more money from Waimo. I guess he probably got a raise and a bonus for all the good words that he's been putting in for Weymo. He'll deny it, but we know better. And remember how I tell you how there's no cancel culture. Well tonight is a no cancel Culture show. In hour two, we'll play you the RUSS trailer. You know Alec Baldwin, that movie which unfortunately led to the death of Helena Hutchins. Well, we're going to play that trailer tonight. Obviously, Alec Baldwin still has a career, so he's doing okay all things considered, not even talking about his reality TV show Mel Gibson. He there was an announcement that he's going to begin shooting The Resurrection of Christ, obviously the sequel to the Passion of the Christ, and he's going to start filming that this summer from what I'm told, so we can pick it up there. We have the viral load with Tiffany Hobbs and get this. If you attended USC and I didn't attend USC, I did some like postgraduate film work there. If you were to attend USC, would you be okay with the idea of Snoop Dogg speaking at commencement? I don't know. I don't know. Snoop Dogg is a very funny individual. I think he is a fantastic story the totality of his life and career, But I don't know. Assuming you know you're paying one hundred thousand dollars year to go to USC. If Snoop Dogg came up there as the keynote speaker for your graduation, I don't know how well that's gonna go over. Well, we're gonna find out very soon, as he's up to be the twenty twenty five. He knows speaker. If I'm not mistaken, we'll get into that. There is so much going on. Let me say good evening to the crew. Mark Ronner, how are you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: I want Snoop Dogg to hand me my diplizzle diprizzle shizzle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good to see Himo. It's good to see you. I don't know Snoop met him a few times in the course of working in the music industry. I think he is a fantastic rags to riches story. How he's re reinvented himself over the years, where he went from a rapper to actor to cooking show co host to just this personality. He's a personality. At this point. People probably don't even know him for his music. In large part, they know him for just his TV commentary, his sports commentary on the Olympics and boxing matches, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: I thought he was kind of known now for being the elder Statesman of Weed ambassadorship that too.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not just one thing when you think of Snoop Dogg. There are a number of things that may come to mind if you're familiar with him. People have different entry points with these individuals. They may have learned of him through Martha Stewart. They may have learned of him through his music. They may have learned of him through his other products that he's endorsed and sold over the years. It's a pretty amazing dude. He's a man of many facets. Yes, yes, I just don't know about commencement speaker. But I mean, you can make the argument, and I'll get into it later. You can make the argument that that story has value for then new graduates. I get that. I just don't know how good he is as a public speaker.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, we had the Speaker of the House, Tom Foley, and my graduation, and if you could stay awake through that, I would love to have had somebody from the entertainment world that you know, everybody. Let's just be straight here. You show up for your graduation ceremony with a crippling hangover. Okay, that's the law. It's what everybody does. There's no point denying it. And so if you have somebody that's even remotely interesting, that that really makes it more bearable.
Speaker 1: I remember ours, well, actually I don't remember. I remember the name, I remember that he was speaking, I don't remember anything he said. It was Senator Bill Bradley at my graduation. Couldn't tell you a thing that he said. It wasn't memorable in the least, you know, no big deal, but you know, the people there, we were. We were happy to be graduating. Some of us were sober, most of us were not, so it didn't really matter what he was saying. None of us remember we were day drinking that much. I do remember. And it wasn't a good idea because it was in the sun and it was May. It was hot outside and people were ready to pass out. But yeah, but you were day drinking because you love your country. I went to a friend's graduation from medical school and they had the late actor Rod Steiger give the commencement speech, and he was just clearly insane, but it was so entertaining. I'm jealous of anybody who gets somebody entertaining at a graduation speech Rod Steiger was he insane or on something I don't know, six o one and half a dozen of the other but he was fun. I mean as opposed to just listening to some gas bags growing on there for a half hour while you're fighting to keep your eyes open. Oh, I know, mine was boor ring, boor ring. All the platitudes, all the cliches. I remember some of them, like you have your whole life in front of you. You're the leaders of tomorrow. We're turning the world over to you. Please take care of it. All that kind of stuff. This is like, yeah, you hear Charlie Brown's teacher. Wah bah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Think of how lucky people are who get, say, Conan O'Brien as their commencement speaker.
Speaker 1: I'm jealous of all that. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. It'd be interesting to find out how people are responding to it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I know that Snoop if I'm not mistaken, and correct me if I'm wrong to wala. I think Snoop is made some sizable donations to the university over the years, in the way that Dre has as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely, and I can promise you this Snoop, even off the top, is a great speaker. He is a great speaker. I have seen some of his speeches that he's given to his football team and as they're graduating high school and as they're moving along in his team, off the top, he knows how to pull from where he came to inspire you to go further and beyond. This is going to be a treat for the UCLA students.
Speaker 1: Or did Snoop go to college, Not that I know.
Speaker 3: Of the College of the Hood. He went to Long Beach poly Though High School, Right, Yeah, he did. He went and he was there alongside camer Diaz. That's right, they're the same graduating class. And then he became a rapper and the rest of his sister all.
Speaker 2: Right, that does create a minor degree of cognitive dissonance.
Speaker 1: Why is that because he didn't go to college. Yeah, that's actually kind of common. You will hear a lot of college speakers, commencement speakers who may not have gone to college or have followed the traditional educational path, but because their life was so extraordinary, they end up being commencement speaker. And that's why I think that there's an appeal. We'll get into it next hour. But there's a lot to say about Snoop Dogg and being the commencement speaker for USC but we'll get to that later. It's Later with Mo Kelly KFI AM six forty. We have a Dodger's Update, two or three of them. Actually, we're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: AM six forty is Later with Mo Kelly, Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. It's time for World champion Dodger Baseball. Tomorrow Thursday, the Dodgers take on the Detroit Tigers for Opening Day at Dodger Stadium, first pitch at four to ten pm. You could listen to every game on the iHeartRadio app. Keyword eight five seventy LA Sports, our partner station, brought to you in part by Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Now at the Hollywood Pantages, visit Broadway Inhollywood dot com. And also, if you're a Dodger fan like me, there's something in it for you, and it starts today to celebrate the Dodgers' home opening game tomorrow. They even started the promotion a day early. You can enjoy a six dollars two item Panda plate as in Panda Express, following any Dodgers home game victory this season. The offer is redeemable the next day and will be available throughout the season. You got it a six dollars two item Panda plate the next day after a Dodger's home game victory. To take advantage of this offer, you must be a Panda Rewards remember and enter the code Dodgers Win in the app. I'm not even a member and I'm going to sign up today just for this. I love me some Panda Express, so they got me in. Is there someone who could retrieve some of that for us right now? I guess Stephan could. He doesn't have to do anything for the rest.
Speaker 2: That'd be great, thank you, especially since Stefan throughout my emergency meat loaf I'm going to use tonight. If you could get a simpandix that, I would love that. So it's a true story than Stefan. Yeah it is, don't you know? To keep your hands to yourself and don't touch other people's food.
Speaker 5: I would, but when I was cleaning out the freezer, the box deteriorated.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, since when was cleaning out the freezer your damn job?
Speaker 5: When the door couldn't close that well anymore? So I was like worried that we wouldn't be able to use it anymore.
Speaker 1: Oh so you're making executive decisions about who could stay and who had to go. Pretty much so you ended up throwing out someone's food which was still gonna be eaten.
Speaker 5: I if he ate it, I would love to see the twenty four hours after.
Speaker 1: I know that would not have settled well in his system.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you meant well, fush, but you try that in prison, you're gonna get shanked.
Speaker 1: It is not your place, Stephan, to make the decision.
Speaker 2: But there's a way for you to make it right. You can go get his Panda Express and we'll be friends again.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong. He's not a bad idea. I mean I could, I could cover it. I just can't go physically get it. Goodness, all right, all right, this we'll do. We'll have Twalla work the board, all right, Marc will come in and do the show and I'll do the news. And what's not to like? Like, it's like musical chairs switch. Yeah, Adie, how let me get back to Dodgers baseball, which officially begins tomorrow. And also the announcement was made a couple days ago that the Dodgers planned to visit President Donald Trump at the White House to celebrate their World Series victory for the twenty twenty four season. They released a statement and said that it would visit the White House quote in keeping with long standing baseball tradition clothes quote. That's interesting because if you know the history back in twenty twenty, when the Dodgers last one before the twenty twenty four season, the team waited until the following summer, I would say, intentionally when Joe Biden was in office, to make their presidential White House visit. And you may remember the Dodgers manager Dave Roberts, he originally did not want to visit with President Trump. And this goes back to my conversations with Jackie Ray and our more general conversations like, yeah, it's perceived as kind of a political event, unfortunately, and you put these teams in players in positions where they feel they have to make a decision back in twenty twenty excuse me, actually twenty nineteen when Mookie Betts before he got to the Dodgers, he was playing with the Boston Red Sox and they won the World Series that year. Mookie Bets declined to go to the White House. I'm not saying that Dave Roberts or Mookie Betts or any other Dodgers will have any misgivings. I'm saying that it's part of the story because it's complicated like that. So when you report on the Dodgers going to see or she should say, going to visit the White House and see President Trump, then you have to throw in the context of everything which happened before. I'm quite sure it will be fine. I'm sure it will be fine, but still there's always this cloud over the whole meeting, just because of where we are as a country right now. I don't fault the Dodgers foregoing. I wouldn't fault the Dodgers if they didn't go. I said it before and I'll say it again. It may be a tradition, but I think it's for the best that the tradition is brought to an end so we don't have all this speculation, we won't have this discomfort, and hopefully we can just get back to doing what we usually do. And I also say the other side of it is when you have the president going to i'll say wrestling events or the super Bowl or NASCAR or some other sporting event, you further cloud the issue. You know, we can't have it both ways. If we want politics to stay out of sports and stop forcing sports to then go visit politicians and the White House. That's the easy way around it. So that's coming up on April seventh. We'll see if it's going to be anything to that. You say, well, why April seventh, Well, they'll be in Washington, d C. Playing the Washington National So if you were to do it, that's the best time to do it. And also, if you've never been to Washington, DC. In April with the cherry blossoms, it's the most beautiful time to visit the city. If you've never been, I highly recommend that you visit the nation's capital. Be able to take in the history of our country, visit the monuments, see what the city has to offer. And I don't know if Mark, have you ever been to DC? I have, yes, did you go college age or just for business?
Speaker 2: I went there right after I graduated when I was being recruited for a job.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why I remember the job. You told me about the job. I remember when I went to Georgetown and DC. This is in the late eighties, early nineties. This is pre Internet I had. I would say, the privilege, not the burden, but the privilege of researching my papers at the Library of Congress. Oh man, you know you know what I mean. If you have any sense of history or appreciation for history, to walk into the Library of Congress and do what you need to do, it's something special. Now, Now, if you've grown up with the Internet, you may not appreciate having that type of resource. But when you're in college and there is no such thing as the Internet, it's the best resource, probably arguably in the world.
Speaker 2: I was already jealous of you just wrapping access to the Exorcist steps there. Had a good time. Except when you say do what you need to do in the Library of Congress, that sounds like you were scoping out the men's room.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no. Nothing like that happened. Nothing like John Wick happened either, Nothing like that. It's just to have such resources and be in the nation's Capital, to visit the different monuments which have been there for hundreds of years, walk those same steps to walk by. Well. Actually, when I was in school, and you'll be able to appreciate this mark. When I was in school, obviously, this is pre nine to eleven. You could get very close to the White House. Could you could walk in front of the gates. You can get very close to the gags. Actually you could drive in front of the White House. You can no longer do that. They push you so far back. It doesn't have the same type of impact.
Speaker 2: This was back in the old days, before you had to have a full body cavity search just to get on an airplane and everything else.
Speaker 1: Right, right, it's a different time, different world. But if you ever have a chance to go relating back to the Dodgers, go to the nation's capital and take in America's history. There's so much to see. Go to obviously the Library of Congress, go to the monuments down on the mall, to walk up in the Lincoln Memorial, or to see the Washington Monument up close. It will change you in a way. And I let two times ago I finally got to see the King Memorial. It's an emotional experience.
Speaker 2: I would say for most people, you would have to be pretty jaded not to be awestruck by all the stuff there.
Speaker 1: And you can't do it all usually in one trip. You just can't. So that's why I would say, I try to get back every single year for one reason or another, so I can take it in a different part of the city. Sounds like a bro trip. Yeah, I don't know if I'm inviting you though, I don't know. I don't like you that much. No, no, you will, Okay, it's Later with Mokelly ca if I am six forty WeLive everywhere in the eye Heartradio app got some bad news when we come back. Well it's not necessarily bad news, but it's some honest news. Our economy is changing, our buyer habits, and our consumerism is changing. We're buying things, just in a different way. Coles is closing a lot of locations. Walgreens confirmed plans to shut down five hundred stores, and there's more. We'll tell you about it just a moment.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: It's closing time for another department store or actually most department stores. And it's not that we're buying less, it's not that we're spending less money. It's how we're choosing to spend our money. It's the way that we're willing to hand over our money.
Speaker 2: Holes.
Speaker 1: I've been there maybe twice in the past ten years, and I couldn't tell you what I went in there for, and I can't tell you if I even bought anything. But this is what I can tell you. Whatever they are offer at Cole's, I can find online quicker, with no driving and possibly at a lower price. That's what all these retailers are dealing with. We talked about Macy's last week. Now it's time to talk about Coals. Coles is going to be shuttering some twenty four stores on March twenty ninth, and it's a part of a larger strategy to close most of their quote unquote underperforming stores as far as California is concerned. They're going to close the Balboa, San Diego store, the Encinnitas, Fremont, Napa, Pleasanton Point West, which is in Sacramento, San Rafael, San Lui, Obispo, and Westchester all being closed, and then also lists the other locations around the country which are going to be closed. And if you were to ask me, and maybe I'm the wrong person to ask, I assume I could ask Mark, and I could ask Stefan or to Walla, and I'm not sure they would be able to give a coherent answer. It wouldn't be their fault. But it's about being able to distinguish yourself as a retailer. What is it that Coal sells that you cannot get anywhere else. When someone says coals to me, and I'm not trying to be dismissive, well not really, not completely, but when you say coals to me, I think of bed, bathroom beyond. And they sell clothes too. That's about They do a little bit of this, a little bit of that, but nothing that I can only go to Coals to get, which is a little different than I would say, maybe home Depot. There are still things that I gotta go to home Depot to actually get. Or I need cut or I need a certain type of device, or I need something for my bathroom, I have to go to home depot, And I think that's part of the reason why home Depot is still hanging around. But I can't think of anything that is out of coals that I couldn't get online and about the same amount of time.
Speaker 2: I hate to agree with you, as we all know, but my limited exposure to Cole's I've been there a few times back when I worked at a newspaper in Indiana. Was it seemed to me, and I could be wrong, it seemed to me like kind of a lower rent JC Penny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know what, And I actually I would say Coles was a little be above J C. Penny.
Speaker 2: Do you think, Okay, yeah, it's kind of a photo finish.
Speaker 1: You know, six on one hand, half dozen on the other. I think of J. C. Penny as kmart lowest tier. Yeah, Coles is more one, just a tiny step above that, not much, not much, maybe because the stores don't seem as old and dingy if you were to walk into him, as opposed to a Pennies.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they call it J C. Penny or or Pennies now, I don't know. We'll get that sorted out as soon as we get Daylight. Saving and savings sorted out.
Speaker 1: Well. I would like to say savings because because like a savings account, I'm not saving just one thing. I'm saving a lot of things. So it's savings to me. But I'm always corrected when I say daylight savings.
Speaker 2: No, I think you've settled it. It always struck me as one of those kind of places in the mall where you just walk right past it. You see the opening, you kind of you hear the crickets and you just keep walking.
Speaker 1: You mean the J. C. Penny crickets holes. Well, I think of Coles More as a stand up alone building, or at least the one in Torrance is it's not connected to a mall. Well, there's one in Torrents, and I think there's one two in Torrents, one by on like Cringeshaw, I think, and on the way to pch if I'm not mistaken. And then there's the one on Hawthorne, and that one actually is connected to Macy's. That's right.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm actually kind of surprised that this happened because I thought when Cole's got in bed with Amazon, it was so easy to send returns back because you don't even need your receipt as long as you just brought the package back and they scanned the actual the sticker that was on the box. That's all you needed and you were good to go, And I thought that was cool, and you're going to get more foot traffic. It's interesting you say.
Speaker 1: That, because Coals confirmed that it was stopping its Amazon return services at most of their locations as part of a test, because they thought that they would be able to make more money not having to deal with that portion of the Amazon business. So they tried to connect themselves to online retailing, if you will, but they weren't able to make it work. And it's not just Coals. I mean, we told you about Macy's last week, and Walgreens is closing five hundred stores in thirty three states because of this retail crisis. And it's a retail crisis. It's about how people choose to conduct commerce. Yes, we're spending money, but if you ask anyone like me, it's eBay, it's Amazon, it's online. It's not these traditional brick and mortar retailers. Anything I need or would need from Walgreens, I am one hundred getting from Amazon and it might even show up the same day and I don't even have to leave my house. I don't know how financially that works for Amazon, but as sure as hell works, for me.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Cole's learned the lesson you do not cross Jeff Bezos. It's like crossing the kingpin. You're out of business.
Speaker 1: Well, the Washington Post surely learned that lesson you don't cross Jeff Bezos. Starts a new sheriff in town. We don't have editorials which are criticizing this president, best president ever.
Speaker 2: I just can't woodword in Bernstein. If they were dead, they'd be rolling in their grapes. Well, they might die sooner because this might be the last straw.
Speaker 1: Yes, fifteen thousand stores across the country are set to shut down in twenty twenty five talking about the retail crisis, and some five hundred Walgreens locations are going to be shutting down. It's the pharmacy store chain. And you've seen more and more how it's become easier to get prescriptions filled. It's easier to do a lot of your medical non I'll say treatment needs online. If you need a prescription filled, you don't need to go to a Walgreens, you can Amazon. I think Amazon has a medical health division now where you can do all this stuff through Amazon as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that comes up on my phone and I'm baffled. I'd like to know who uses that and how it works for them.
Speaker 1: I would ask to Wallet, because you'd probably know better than anyone. But I have yet to meet anyone who has done that or use that Amazon Health feature or they're you know, the prescription filling feature. But going back to Walgreens, it estimates that a quarter of it's eighty seven hundred stores in the US. I didn't know they had that many, Number one, and Walgreens is saying that one fourth of those eighty seven hundred stores are not profitable. The company announced the closures despite its fiscal fourth quarter and full year earnings beating Wall Street expectations. But I guess they were low expectations to begin with. Drug stores, as we were kind of talking about, have struggled to stay afloat amid shrinking prescription reimbursement, persistent theft, rising costs, and consumers who have strayed to online retailers or competitors with better prices. Yes, as we were saying, but this is not and I always want to make the distinction, This is not a failure of our economy. This is an evolution of our economy. When people make decisions to buy something, how we buy it, and where we buy it has just been changing. We have a generation of people who are now comfortable with doing anything and everything online. I am old enough to remember when the first started proliferating, people were, including me, were very reticent to buy certain things online. I would never buy a pair of shoes online back in the day, or a pair of genes. I needed to go into the store and actually put them on, try them on, make sure they fit well. Now it's like, if you know your size and you're buying a familiar brand, why not I'll go to Levi's dot com or I'll go to Nike dot com and buy exactly what I want because I know it's gonna fit and not. What I say is waste my time driving to a particular location to see if they might have that one item I want, be disappointed and pissed off when I realized they don't have it like the Levi's I would want, and then I have to then drive somewhere else or waste more time trying to find them whetherever they might be in the city. When I know I could literally during a commercial break, just bring up their online website and a few clicks and it's on the way.
Speaker 2: And that's one less human being you have to deal with, who's probably going to use the word unfortunately to you. If they don't have something, they say, do you need me to call another store for you? No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want you to call another store or or you have the salesperson it's like, yes, can I interest you in a Macy's account today?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: You cannot.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I love that the most. They when they upsell you after they already asked you if there's anything else and you say no, just this please right, and.
Speaker 1: You can receive ten percent off your purchase today? No, thank you? Can? I know? Well what it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: How about it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: It's always something else. And then they want you to input your email so they can send you a receipt. Would you like to receipt in the bag or would you like us to invade your privacy and send you an email for here until eternity.
Speaker 2: And you thought it was invasive when Radio Shack used to do that. They were the forerunners of all this. It is just those are the things they just want to avoid.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, it reminds you of when he tried to get Eddie Murphy or right, Eddie Murphy is Eddie Murphy.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true. Let me tell people no, yeah, go ahead for people who don't know. Every time Eddie Murphy tries to come out with something, I will reach out to his person, Arnold Robinson, and it's a running joke. I send him a message, got his email, Rogerson Cowen. He's nice enough to respond, but he'll respond in like ten minutes. I'll say I would like to see if we can work out a time which for which Eddie Murphy can come on the show. He responds to me Eddie's not available, but I didn't tell you what day, And it got to be a running joke, and I even told him's like, Arnold, I know you're not gonna say yes, but at least act like you're considering the request. So now it's almost like he says no. Before I can even get the request out my mouth, I say, Hi, this is more so Kelly from Later with O Kelly, we like to see if Eddie could come on, And before I could finish the sentence, I've already got a return email saying no, it's yes. It's every single time. I have never gotten past the first email. I'll make the request. HI, can we get Eddie on? Hi? Is Eddie available? What about if we tried? Can we get Eddie Murphy to come? Can I finish at least my email? Arnold Robinson, your mother is I am six forty and it's almost time. So the next time Eddie Murphy comes out with something, I am going to literally literally at the beginning of the show, email Arnold Robinson and I promise you he will respond before the end of the show with a sorry, but Eddie's not available. I promise you it will happen. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 6: Mister m'kelly, he wants a song.
Speaker 1: This is autonomous vehicles might be on the ball. Mother Twoola comes on. Clinchers do under control.
Speaker 6: He says m Kelly is wrong, but Mo thinks he's on the payroll.
Speaker 1: Is alo he is its Wamo.
Speaker 6: Be bad, cut you open, Wamo bea run over, Unego be bad, fuck you over, wago bead bad. He is a loss.
Speaker 1: Kfive Mister bo Kelly live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And this is how we know that Twallas Sharp is on the payroll. He's on the take when it comes to weimo each and every week or month, whenever we talk about WEIMO, Twallas Sharp always leaves out the most important information, the negative information. Did you know this? In May, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration opened an investigation after receiving twenty two reports about Waymo robotaxis exhibiting driving behavior that potentially violated traffic safety laws or demonstrating other unexpected behavior, including seventeen collisions. The NHTSC said several incidents involved collisions with clearly visible objects that a competent driver would be expected to avoid. Weimo last June recalled six hundred and seventy two of itself driving vehicles after one of its driverless cars struck a wooden utility pole in Phoenix. In February twenty twenty four, Waimo recalled four hundred and forty four self driving vehicles after two minor collisions in quick succession in Arizona. Seeing a software error could result in automated vehicles in accurately predicting the movement of a toad vehicle, and now they're expanding Waimo into Washington, d C. What could go wrong? All of these slations everywhere traps save the time, gotta go to commercial.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry you were saying, this is absolutely an unjust mischaracterization of way Mo. They are expanding into your beloved DC. Yes, there are, and they can only do so because all the things you point out have already been vetted and cleared. I like how you bring those stats up, but those are stats that have already been again vetted and cleared.
Speaker 1: That's why they can stand burying this. We've had any number of conversations you didn't you know. You know what else I bury?
Speaker 3: I bury the fact that there are actually sexual predators that are are stealing and uh usurping ride share users' identities just so they can God and pray on people.
Speaker 1: There's a Pewge story right now.
Speaker 3: There's breaking about all of the sexual predatory behavior of ride share drivers. But I didn't want to bring that up because you know why, it's not your Maane. This is a successful way, not.
Speaker 1: About whether Stephan is a threat to the public as a uber driver, just a distraction. This is minimization.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm talking about when I'm trying to just make sure that we are focusing on the positive. You want to drug up negative headlines with no basis, no fact, because they've already been cleared.
Speaker 1: Yes, Weimo is going to start it's autonomous ride hailing service in Washington, d C. Next year. They've in fact began moving vehicles to the city back in January, and they'll bring more to the city in than coming weeks as it's getting ready to start this service. If you don't know anything about DC, there are a lot of laws and prohibitions regarding ride share and especially autonomous vehicles in the city. It's a difficult city to drive if you're not familiar with the grid system. There are a lot of one way streets, There are a lot of traffic circles. I say that to say there are a lot of potential road hazards and rules that Weimo is going to have to navigate both on the road and also off the road as far as policy to gain access to the fullness of Washington, d C. Now, if they could, it could be very successful because that's a city you don't want to drive in. You want to have someone pick you up and take you be it Uber rideshare personal driver by all means you don't want to have to drive and park a car in Washington, DC. It is a nightmare. I rested my case, thank you very much. No, no, no, there is a use for it. I'm just saying that this technology is dangerous to the we get people killed. It's not, it's not, and be careful because you might be sued for that. Bring it on, when will kiss my hands? We're live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app Talk without the tilt O k S. I'm KOST HD two Los Angeles, Orange County, Live everywhere on the art Radio app.