Speaker 1: Five o five and thinking about d r C the talk station.
Speaker 2: Suesday, Tuesday, Someday, Honor flight Tuesdays. Yeah, well we could use a vacation. That'll be me next week. Good to see Sean mcmannnon. They're coming for Joe Stracker and uh happy to report it is honor flight Tuesday. I got a heads up and a reminder. I knew it was going on, but uh, curbbage. Mike, my submarine or friend Mike is there active downtown at CVG seeing the veterans off. He sent me a couple of photographs of the veterans all lined up getting real excited about taking off. And of course, excuse me, uh clear, you're in the vocal cords out this morning. An opportunity to celebrate and participate. It is, of course the Welcome Home rally, which is just absolutely truly amazing. If you have an opportunity to be at CVG Level C tonight around nine oh five, I recommend getting there a little bit early. You'll be glad you went. Real healthy dose of patriotism. The veterans just get so excited and they've had a really, really long day. You got some senior veterans in that group too, not all of them, but after an entire day, it's like twelve hours or so, or maybe even longer than I think. It's actually longer than that they've been up at about But it's a real shot of adrenaline for them, and it's a real shot of adrenaline for you too. So CVEG tonight nine oh five, level C. Just follow the crowds. There'll be a lot of people there, and if you have an opportunity to take some young people there, I cannot encourage you enough to do that. It's just really cool, absolutely cool thing going on. Coming up on the FITCHW five GARC Morning Show today seven oh five. God love Peter Brownson. What a great guy, terrific author, historian. He writes wonderful, wonderful books, and you've had him on the program many times over the years. Consider him a friend, and I always enjoy our conversations. Quite engaging he is today. Actually on tomorrow is the twenty fourth anniversary of the Cincinnati Riots, and so Peter's gonna be talking a little about that because he wrote a book about it, Behind the Lines, Untold Story of the Cincinnati Riots. It just seems like, well, many cases yesterday, but in many other cases it seems like a lot longer time ago than that. So Peter Bronson on that his thoughts, his recollections, and you know how far we've come since then?
Speaker 1: Have we made any progress?
Speaker 2: I'd like to think so Inside Scoop it is Tuesday, we get the Inside Scoop with bright Barton News. Today, London Bureau Chief Oliver Lane returns to the program talk about what's going on in Europe, what it means for us and an Empower You seminar. Oliver Lane actually doing an Empower Youth seminar taking place tonight seven pm. While authoritarianism has been on their eyes among other among the political class, a populist reaction is taking place in response. So that's the subject matter and so today we'll talk about that on a less in depth basis seven pm. Empower Youamerica dot org. I believe it is a login only one. I can double check on that so I can give you the details later in the program, because sometimes you can go to the Empower Youth seminar. But since Oliver Lane is the London Bureau Chief, I doubt he's going to be flying into town to be at the empower use seminar studios, so comfort and convenience of your own home. Go to empower you America dot org. Just register for it. Because he's a brilliant man, absolutely wonderful job he's done over the years. Here in the Morning Show with the inside scoop. Of course, it is Tuesday. Daniel Davis Deep Dive. He'll join the program at eight thirty Retired lieutendor Colonel Daniy Davis. I suspect to be talking about the Ukraine Russia situation. It has been the dominant topic your conversation between the two of us for a while now. And then Doctor Show Joseph Shaughnessy, one of the wonderful doctors at OHC my cancer doctors. Today we're going to be talking about head and neck cancer. He is a specialist and head and neck cancer among others. So lots of valuable information from doctor Shaughnessy. And that'll be at eight forty five. Uh, it could be you right now if you want to give me a call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk go with pound five fifty on eight and t phones of course, tariff's on the plate. China's retaliate. They're retaliating. Trump's threatening an additional fifty percent tariffs.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Some countries are stepping up and saying no, let's sit down to talk. Taiwan has offered zero tariffs and more investment in the United States. I call that progress. Japan wants to sit down and negotiate. Been at in Yaho announced yesterday that Israel is going to eliminate the trade deficit with the United States and get rid of reciprocal tariffs. So progress going in the right direction. But this one troubled me, moving away from tariffs, and you know it's sad when I read it. The realities of what is revealed in this poll. Rutgers University and Network Contagion Research joined together to a poll. But the fact that it doesn't shock me. The majority of self identified leftists you know who you are, say, will be at least somewhat justified to murder Donald Trump, murder them. Network and Tagent Research Institute, and again Rutgers University Social Perception LAD released this poll yesterday as a survey was says support for political violence in the United States or the State's results found the political violence targeting Trump and of course Elon Musk, in their words, is becoming increasingly normalized. Welcome to social media. Fifty five percent of those self identified as left of center said murdering Trump would have at least somewhat justified, and a share of forty eight percent of leftists said the same thing about murdering Elon Musk. You got to contemplate that, you know, my entire life, I have been a you know, I have transformed.
Speaker 1: I was going to kill them all.
Speaker 2: Let God sorted out conservative a long long time ago, and I woke up to the benefits and realities of my little l libertarian political viewpoint much much more tolerant. I appreciate freedom so much more. I appreciate other people's points of view so much more. And I'm willing to sit down and discuss various points of view and hopefully come up with a better answer. You know, the more you talk, the more you might learn, and the more willing you are to listen to someone else, the more there is a possibility that you might change your position. You may find yourself in the wrong position. And reflecting back on my life over the years, I admit that I have been on the wrong side on certain issues. I've always been conservative. I've always believed in, you know, low taxation and small government. But you know, in so far as social issues are concerned, going back to the libertarian boiled down principles, I trust you with your zipper and I trust you with your wallet. Makes life easier when you just can live side by side with people of different philosophies. But hey, don't take what's mine, I won't take what's yours, and I won't try to tell you how to live your life. That's just me boiled down. But you know you to ask an eighteen year old Brian Thomas. That fine. But at no point in anywhere in my life that I think it would have ever been appropriate to murder someone who is on the op opposite side of the political ledger of me, regardless of how far opposite they are. I just don't understand this, the idea of violence being embraced by so many people. Overall, thirty eight percent that was at least somewhat justified to murder Donald Trump thirty one percent of the same about Elon Musk, The surveyors found a quote broader assassination culture appears to be emerging within the segments of the US public on the extreme left. Note there is an absence of the same conclusions on the extreme right, according to their findings, quote the finding signal a threat to political stability and public safety. Well look what we got going on out in the world. CEOs of Evil Healthcare Corporation is getting gunned down, shot in the back of the head. And the reaction from so many people on the left is to embrace the guy, sell t shirts with the guy's picture on it, set up funding for this, you know, this assassin.
Speaker 1: They've got him on film doing it.
Speaker 2: Survey also found thirty nine point eight percent of respondent said is at least somewhat acceptable to destroy a Tesla dealership and protest? And you know, as this goes on and all of this is being celebrated online, you know, and it's always easy to say, you know, if this was the right wing going it, if the right was doing us and they went after a Shaw and Shaw, and you know, there'd be absolute outrage. Well that's because the mainstream media tends to lean left, if you haven't noticed that, And yeah, I do believe there would be a lot more outrage. But you know, fundamentally where our are our politicians. The silence from the left is deafening on this violence. It's been express against well doge for example. They're uncovering fraud, waste, and abuse. They're not impacting many people's lives. Yes, they are pairing back the size and scope of a government that has gotten so big it can't account for the money it takes from you. And you happens to be everybody across the political spectrum, assuming you're working. And how is that a bad thing unless you're part of some global cabal that wants to get rid of the United States completely. And I know there's a segment of the of the political spectrum out there that is that way. I'd like to hope and get down on my knees and pray that that segment is very, very small. That the vast majority of us want to live in our own country and and and have the freedoms that we enjoy, want to be able to get him and go to work, not be told to you know what we can and cannot buy, which seems to be what the globist cabal want to do. Control the terms of conditions of every element of our lives. We like to think the vast majority of us here in this country do not ascribe to that. But where is the outrage and where is the resistance? I mean, you'd think that some of the Democrat Party who has to understand that, you know, in the face of all of the years of screaming about and hatred that was stirred and the ire that was directed toward Donald Trump, evil orange man, you couldn't mention his name without putting the whole stream of expletives in front of it. Or you know, racist, nazi, homophobes, emophobe, you know, on and on and on and on and on. We heard of that for years and years and years, and yet he beat Kamala Harris in the popular vote. And as more and more analysis comes out, you know, it was a lot of the positions that the left embraced, the far left wing of the Democrat Party by all accounts, not just Brian Thomas's opinions, the opinions of many people who are you know, regular Democrat commentators, folks that are Democrats that do political analysis, pollsters, people even within the Democrat Party. You know, we're in the wrong directions. Vice presidential candidate Waltz actually admitted that the other day out loud. You know, we need to rethink where we are. The American people do not embrace this far left craziness. And as with that in mind, if you want to try to rehabilitate yourself, don't you think that you, as a Democrat, were doing yourself a service if you're an elected capacity, or if you're the head of some group or organization that you know, we got to quit burning people's property. We gotta quit destroying a product that many people went out and bought in the name of what saving the planet, perhaps zero emissions cars. Maybe they bought the product because they wanted it, and Tesla makes an outstanding product just because you know, Elon Musk goes out and saves us billions of dollars from going overseas for absolutely bad crap, insane programs, and is following the money trail, and we're learning more and more that maybe that money didn't quite make it overseas and maybe it's being put to the various purposes. I don't know, but how can that be a bad thing so much so that you can justify destroying your neighbor's car. And probably a decision that was made before Elon Musk had anything to do with the Department of Governmental Efficion, and see back when he was a cool guy. The silence is deafening, and I don't know, I listen. I'm not here to try to help the Democrats out. I just they puzzled that they don't seem to have more common sense and logic and reason about this. But now look at what these polling reflects. More and more people out there embraced the concept of murdering them. And I bet if you set him in, they couldn't even figure out a reason why they could justify the even the thought of murdering them. Five nineteen fifty five krc DE Talk station. Feel free to call five one three seven four ninety two three talk. I'll be back after these brief words.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 1: Chill Lines.
Speaker 2: There's got plenty of sun China today, child, don't high forty five STI.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to get the grass cut.
Speaker 2: De clouds overnight more frost freezelaunched ten pm kicks in twenty nine the other night, Hello Prease watch in tomorrow morning at nine am. Flouds filled throughout today showers are possible beginning around four pm fifty three to Hi tomorrow. Forty five overnight showers and storms are likely, and spotty showers on Thursday should be the last day of rain in the near forecast sixty five for.
Speaker 1: The high Let's see right.
Speaker 4: Now, it's.
Speaker 2: Thirty seven fifty five pers of the talk VIS five twenty three on an honor flight Tuesday. Let's go straight to the phones where my submarine or friend cribbage Mike is there live. Welcome Mike, Thanks for reminding me this morning it is honor flight day.
Speaker 1: How is it down there?
Speaker 5: I tell you just about everybody's checked in, the bagpipes are stationed, and Cheryl Pop's stop ready to kick off this ceremony. That's going to be a wonderful day. And I'm almost I'm mad at myself because I didn't bring my cribbage board because we actually have another submarine vetteran the work flight.
Speaker 2: Now, can you as is it safe to presume, ussume or no with one certainty that if they were a submariner that you do know how to play the game of crivage.
Speaker 5: When I was an instructor at submarine school, that was usually day two of training. You can't pass cribbage off to the surface fleet.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that.
Speaker 2: So what the vast majority of veterans I guess are Vietnam, Yes, or.
Speaker 5: Almost almost one hundred percent on this flight, just looking at the itinerary, and predominantly mostly Army, Army and Navy are out of the eighty eight, we got nine Marines, twenty air Force. But just everybody's fired up and ready to go and just can't wait to get them there to DC see the memorials. I mean, even though I know what's coming, Flora, famous American just allergy outworks all day long.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, tonight at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and you might experience analogy outbreak if you are there at CVG at nine oh five, get their early for the welcome home rally. It's just such a worthy thing to do. So are you flying this time, Mike.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: Myself and mister Andrew Pappas will be on the flight to experience the entire day with these veterans and just cannot wait.
Speaker 2: Well, having done it twice, I know what a treat it is and a pleasure it is to be there and participate, and I know you're going to have a fantastic day. Godspeed and safe travels to each and every one of you. I will look forward to hearing. Maybe you give me a call tomorrow morning and tell my listeners what the welcome home event was like is It's always a great thing to get a recap on the whole day as well as the welcome home rally.
Speaker 5: Maybe my pleasure, Brian Thomas, and once again, thank you so very much for your one percent support.
Speaker 2: Hey man, it's the least I can do. I love you guys, Be safe, have fun and again I'll look forward to here getting a recap tomorrow from you, Mike.
Speaker 1: Safe travels.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, five twenty six and fifty five cares of the talk station do have a local story rather here from you though, if you want to call five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. Don't go away.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Get just a little temperature thing and sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not, and you got a click on it.
Speaker 1: It always takes like five seconds to react. Apologies.
Speaker 2: Five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three Talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone. Sadly no podcast on the podcast page from yesterday's morning show. Really enjoyed talking to folks, but since Joe Strecker's not in uh, it didn't get updated, and me being technologically impaired, I don't know how to update the page to take care of that. So we can go to local stories. Man accuse letting his dogs attack Cincinnati police officers and Diameda grand jury yesterday. According to the Hamilin County Prosecutor's office, twenty six year old Darryl Stowers was indicted on one filonious assault charts as well as two additional misdemeanor charges of assault and resisting arrest. Since The police said March twenty nine, they responded to one hundred Craft Street around one am after receiving a report that someone had fired shots. Got there, women told police that Stowers had hit her with a gun during an argument over her issues in the neighborhood. Police said the woman had injuries to her ear. Two police officers attempted to arrest Stowers, and they said he ran into his house and released his dogs. Prosecutor state Stowers did this intentionally so the dogs would attack the police officers since a police said one officer managed to tackle Stowers and got bitten on the calf by one of the dogs. Stowers remains in the Hamilton Kunty Detention Center on a twenty five thousand dollars bond. See what are since at police officers have to go through each and every day? This kind of thing happens all the time. It's a shame too that we don't support our police more often. Can you imagine going to work every day realizing that this is the kind of thing that might very well happen to you. Good Butler County man found dead along a riverbank in Butler County, said Rob Bron, who spokesperson for the Pendleton County Emergency Management Services. Bron said the man found Monday around four pm at the end of Matter Street near Butler Bridge. Kentucky State Police say they received a call about a possible drowning after a citizen reported seeing a body wearing a life jacket and floodwaters. Pendleton County Search and Rescue team recover the body of sixty six year old Robert E. Singleton from Butler. According to Kentucky State Police officials also found his canoe and what they believe is his truck. Bron said. Singleton was a member of the Lions Club and a lifelong environmentalist. Cornel Ronnie had a heart for making Pendleton County look good. Butler one of the two cities in Pendleton County that had a mandatory evactuation. Evacuation orders lifted yesterday. Residents must now show proof of residence before they're allowed to re enter the city limits, according to a that's good to prevent looters from getting in there. Hamilton County Prosecutor's office determined the actions taken by a Lachland police officer and the fatal officer involved shooting on northbound Ice seventy five was justified. Forty eight year old Samuel Mumiarutt That's as good as I can get at, Folks of Woodlawn was the man who was shot and killed on the shoulder Eye seventy five near Glendell Milford Road. Happen while police from multiple agencies searched for suspects who fled a crashed stolen vehicle that had just led police on a chase in two counties two thirty in the morning on March nineteenth, Hamilton County Prosecutor County pillichs said Mumaru Tt was seen walking on the interstate when Lockholm police officers responded to the scene. Officer from two counties were looking for suspects after that crash. After spotting this guy walking on the highway, Lachland officers stopped the cruiser with lights and sirens on. Officer used seven verbal commands, but m are Utt was not listening. Pilich explained. He was also holding a metal pipe or rod in his hands. Body camera footage shows the sheriff's deputy with a canine responding to the confrontation, and the video Lachlan officer is heard saying, quote he's got something in his hands as well as he's not listening to my orders. Phillich said the officers gave multiple commands, even deploy his taser before firing several rounds at the suspect. Pillich said, quote, no officer ever wants to resort to the use of force. The officer feared for his life and first tried to subdue this man with a taser. Our house, our hearts go out to the Mi Miratutis family, but it's important every officer who has dedicated their life to protecting citizens returns to their own family at night. He was confirmed dead at the scene corner of the Prosecutor's office. It's unknown if the forty eight year old was even involved in the police pursuit or just happened to be walking on the interstate. I'll I hope your Criminal Investigations has been investigating the shooting since that morning. Yesterday, BCIs spokesman said the agency's investigation remains ongoing. Mermaiy Rtt's family, he told Fox nineteen last month, they believe he may have been an innocent bystander. He didn't speak English and was a refugee from the Congo. Days before he was shot, though, Woodlawn police arrested him on an assault charge. Court show record show he was accused by a man who said he did not know Memorary Utt of attacking him with a white metal poll and trying to hit him with it at the metro bus stop. The officer who shot this guy not wearing a body camera. That's because the four Lachland officers who had been testing the devices for the department weren't working at the time. According to the police chief and his explanation five point thirty five forty five KRC, the Talk stations pologies to the East family if I haven't pronounced that name correctly.
Speaker 1: It was quite a mouthful. Stack is stupid coming up?
Speaker 2: Or you can feel free to call you know, not prefer the latter, but it's up to you. Got more going on? STACKO is stupid? Or calls next. I'll be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station by forty.
Speaker 1: And a happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 2: I've went three seven fifty two to three Talk three five KRC dot com fort least getting your iHeartMedia app. Let's go straight to the phone, start with the order in which they received, which means Corey's first Corey, good morning, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: More on Bryan your story about Officer mass shooting story thik tek is my bloods boyle uh. First of all, the place, only have you use the right to use legal force any of any of the rest of us. Your life is in you know, a major of Gray Bodley harm or dead. There was no way that cop was.
Speaker 2: In any of that.
Speaker 4: The cops in my onion, they.
Speaker 7: Go through the academy they train for the shooting and you're probably not gonna like this, but the majority of them are trigger happy. They want to use that training regardless of the situation that cops should be charged to murder, and for the fop set back the cop and do everything they can to clear him is an injustice. This happens a lot. That happens, maybe not in the the case of someone getting murdered, but people's rights being violated. Police assaulting people, pulling people over for no reasons, in lying about why they pulled over, and searching for a reason to justify their detention, and then whatever comes after that, And.
Speaker 1: That is one of the reasons.
Speaker 4: I guess the police have.
Speaker 7: The bad rep And I'm a huge conservative. I'm back to good cops, but not the bad ones. And I used to be that one of those people. Back to blue, Back to blue until happens to you, and it happened to me back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Completely change my outlook on cops as I am come to my house, lie, assault me, take me to jail, and throw me in a cage for absolutely nothing. And this until the justice system is reformed. The stuff that is going to continue. You need to get rid of the qualified community.
Speaker 7: I know there's a bill to a petition circulating to be put on the ballot coming up to.
Speaker 4: In qualified muni.
Speaker 7: There's five other states that done it. Colorado, for example, there has been no drop in police recruiting. Everything's remain the same until they get read of qualified immunity. Cops have this free range to do what they want because they one, they know the fops go on.
Speaker 4: To back it.
Speaker 7: They have assurance to cover any damage as they do, and more times than not they're found not guilty and they're allowed to keep their job and do the sort of thing again.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd love to unfold there, and I suppose the attorneyman he would like to swear you in for deposition and go through all of the allegations you just made. But I find it an absolute insult. You suggest that they're all trigger happy and can't wait to use deadly force. I'm gonna throw a giant barber streisand flag on that. Yes, it does happen from time to time, but you're in a very stressful situation. And my sister twenty five years of proud service on the CINCINNTI police force. Never had to use deadly force, never wanted to. Fortunately, in spite of the fact of all that she had been through, spit on, beat up, punched, abused, never had to head to go down that road. And the officers that I know don't share your opinion of them, so you know you're entitled to your opinion. Sounds like you want to defund the police, So you go ahead and go down that road and you can enjoy like living in a city like Seattle, which has turned into a hellhole because of having that attitude and generally demonizing police at large. Let's see what Carl's got this morning. Karl, welcome in the Morning Show. In a very happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian Say. I heard Christopher Smytherman on your show yesterday and he was talking about how drivers are having tire blowouts due to the potholes. Yeah, well, he's absolutely correct, and the drivers are filing claims with the city and the claims are being denied. I've got a tip here. Drivers need to check the three one one system before they file the claim, and they also need to take a photo of the pothole. If the pothole was large enough to blow a tire. Chances are that it's been reported, and this happened in the neighborhood. I reported those potholes for years to the city and they never got filled. A driver had a blowout, and of course the driver filed a claim with the city, and the city denied the claim. I had to claim in front of me. The city says that they had no if they had no prior knowledge of the potholes, so they shouldn't have to pay for it. Ohio revived Code twenty seven forty four point zero five limits claims to circumstances where the city had to have prior knowledge and filed and failed to act within a reasonable amount of time. And then the city goes on to say this decision is final. My opinion is there needs to be an investigation of these claims. Well, yeah, scandalus. This is ridiculous. If there are any trouble TV troubleshooters out there listening to the show this morning, they might want to do a story on this.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea, Carl, That's a great idea, because I've had a couple other callers say the same thing. Actually, I believe there was one of the local News reported on it that all these claims get denied because the city says, well, we've been there, you know, we we just recently, you know, we're out on that road and we fixed that pothole. Must have magically appeared in the time we were there fixing the road and when you had your damage done to your car. So it sounds like a convenient and simplified or simple way of them just denying the claim because I think the presumption is on their side many many times. But if there is a prior report, they were on notice and that's the critical element needed to get your money back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I liked the idea. Appreciate the calls set five forty six if you have car cede talk station five fifty two if you have CARSD talk station stack is stupid. We got to de Ral, Florida, where a woman was arrested after she allegedly condomand at one thousands of dollars during a bogus tarot card reading and spiritual cleansing. Well, you know, all tarot card readings and spiritual cleansings are bogus. I'm on record anyway. Cord to the rest report. Cameron Valdez del Miguel sixty seven, arrested and facing charges of organized scheme to defraud, grand theft, and resisting an officer without violence. The con began March eleventh. The man found a flyer on his car for a tarot card reading and called the number mistake, spoke to the woman, the report read, and agreed to a tarot card reading session for twenty bucks. Two days later, the man went to the apartment met Valdiz d Miguel, who reportedly referred herself as Maria Rodriguez. During the reading, she told the man he needed a deeper spiritual cleansing procedure. That's in quote that of course costs more, uh specifically between six hundred and seven hundred dollars. There's your up charge you want that clear coat. Trusting her advice, the man agreed to partial payment and transferred two hundred dollars through Zell. He then returned to the apartment met with Valdi's de Miguel again on March fourteenth for the so called spiritual cleansing session he had pre paid.
Speaker 1: A portion of report detailed.
Speaker 2: Did Valdez de Miguel ask the man during the session about his available bank balance?
Speaker 1: Red flag again, and.
Speaker 2: He reportedly told her he had eight thousand dollars. After that response, Valdez de Miguel then allegedly asked him to bring the full amount next time and assured him that if she were to use the money in a ritual, it would double and she would return it the same day. How many red flags we got in this? One man returned to the apartment with three grand in cash March nineteenth, where Valdez de Miguel placed the money in a bag with eggs during the ritual. The report state of the bag was broken upon opening. The man claimed that it was what was left inside were broken eggs and worms. Man told authorities that Valdes demcval appeared to be startled by what was in the bag, but when he asked if for his money back, she claimed she couldn't do it. Quote due to her state of mind. Close quote your ruse.
Speaker 1: Your cunning attempt to trick me, Well play. John.
Speaker 2: Valdez de Miguel then allegedly assured the man that his money would be returned the next day. Reports import the state of the man made multiple attempts to contact her by following the encounter, but that she refused to return the money, shocking literally no one quarter of the report. She asserted that she asserted that the funds were part of a ritual and could not be released until the candles extinguished on their own, despite having previously assured the victim that his money be returned the same day, no explanation about which candles. On Monday, Valdiz demcgal taking it to custody. Officers gave her the opportunity to return the money, but she denied knowing the man. Report said that she also resisted being taken into custody and use a fake name. During the arrest, investigators also told that they had discovered valdisde Miguel had three warrants in separate theft cases. Appeared before a judge who set her bond at fifty five hundred dollars. According to Judge Mindy Glazer in a statement, okay, I had a chance to review this very interesting affidavit, which also makes one realize you should never respond to a flyer left on your vehicle for Tarot card readings because you don't know what's going to happen, especially when you're asking to bring three thousand dollars in cash put the money in a bag with some eggs. This is bizarre. That will be judgment y Glazer stating the obvious. Or you could just not go to Tarot card readings. Hey, Sean, you got twenty bucks, I'll do a Tarrort card reading for you, all right? Five fifty six, fifty five Gara CD talk stations stick around, play to talk about coming up, or you can feel free to call it love to hear from me either way. Right back after the news, So five and fifty got Ter CD talk station Ryan Thomas wishing everyone a very happy Tuesday, trying to make it so look forward to seven oh five, the return of Peter Bronson in studio incomparable author, writer and publisher.
Speaker 1: He is chilidog press dot com.
Speaker 2: If we want to try to get your book published, he wrote the I guess, like what I guess? Joe Strecker referred to it, and many did. They defendit A book on the sense of Natty Riots. Tomorrow the twenty first anniversary of the Cincinni Riots, and Peter wrote a book about it, Behind the Lines, The Untold Story of the Cincinnati Riots. We'll talk about that, his analysis, his reflections on it. You know how far have we come and we kind of we made improvements and also I'm sure we have more to talk about. Peter's just a really just brilliant and interesting guy, great conversationalist is So I'm going to enjoy that hour and I'm sure you will too if you can hang out for it. It is Tuesday, so we do the inside scoop with Bright Barton News. Today, London beer chief Oliver Lane returns. He's doing an empower You seminar tonight seven pm empower Youamerica dot Org. I believe it is a log in from home only class because think he's in London anyway. The topic he'll be talking about tonight and what he'll be talking about today at eight oh five what's happening in Europe and what it means to us. Daniel Davis Deep Dive every Tuesday at eight thirty with retired lieutenant colonel and I'm sure he'll give us a thoughtful analysis an update of what's going on between Russia and Ukraine. Although I don't know specifically, since Strecker's not in what Daniel Davis specifically wants to talk about. I'm well to roll with the punches with Daniel. He's brilliant guy. I always enjoyed those conversations. Care see cares today, ohc my cancer doctors, Doctor jose Shannas, you'll be in studio talking about head and neck cancer. And of course, and thank you all the listeners for the prayers. Since I'm getting my CT scan today, it's really hanging over my head, and honestly, I don't expect, you know, good news, or I don't expect like a reversal or like I'm going into remission since the last one. But you know, I'm just hoping my dietary changes might have had an effect. But as I mentioned before, it doesn't matter. I talked about my dietary changes and getting rid of sugar and really really reducing my carbs, and it resulted in, you know, seventeen pound weight loss. I'm kind of stuck at seventeen. But I only say it out loud because you might consider that path given RFK Junior in all the talk about trying to improve the diet and health of America. I just feel better. So, you know, maybe my cancer has grown, maybe my lymph nodes are bigger. I'll have to go maybe get more cancer treatments. From OHC. If that's the hand that I've been dealt, that is the path that I'll go down. But doesn't change the fact that it feel better as a consequence of my dietary changes. So if you're feeling lethargic, you have you don't have any energy, You're always feeling run down, and you might well consider what you're putting in your body.
Speaker 1: Just a thought.
Speaker 2: I do care, and I'm going to turn to a list of friendly op ed because I think it's really it made some wonderful points, and it reminded me all the conversations I've had over the years with the associated builders and contractors and all the great earn while you learn trade programs that are out there, plumbers, electricians, h fact, they're just such a huge demand and these are good paying salaries. These are career opportunities. You don't need to go to college necessary. There are college degrees that are valuable, but there's a bunch of them that aren't worth the paper that they're printed on and you end up in debt. So with that in mind, it's one of the reasons I wanted to read her off that piece today because it makes some great points. So listen friendly rights. President Trumps proclaims his tariffs will bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. Good luck finding workers to fill them. A common lament among employers, especially manufacturers, is they can't find reliable, conscientious workers who can pass a drug test. Single women might commiserate. A good worker, like a good man, can be hard to find these days. That's a two way street, though, Alyssa I will point out blame government, which showers benefits on able bodied people who don't work, while at the same time subsidizing college degrees that don't lead to productive employment. The result is millions of idle men and millions of unfilled jobs, what an economist would call a dead weight loss to society. All business owners in March reported job openings they couldn't fill, with larger shares in construction fifty six percent, transportation fifty three percent, and manufacturing forty seven percent. That's according to last week's National Federation of Independent Business Survey. The Labor Department's Job Openings and Labor Turnover survey of businesses tells a similar story. There are twice as many job openings in manufacturing than in the mid two thousands, as a share of employment, save for during the pandemic, American worker shortage is the worst in fifty years. Decades ago, productivity, enhancing technology and yes, inexpensive imports caused men who worked on shop floors to lose their jobs and drop out of the workforce. But this generation is sailing into the sunset and there are many fewer young Americans who want to work in factories. The labor force participation rate among working age men is now about five points lower percentage points lower than in the early nineteen eighties. Consequently, they are about three point five million fewer men between the ages of twenty five and fifty four in the workforce and one point three million between the ages of twenty five and thirty four then there would have been were it not for this decline. Labor participation among working age women, on the other hand, recently hit a record in part because they are having fewer children, which is related to their difficulties and finding sustainable, suitable mates, and I think their unwillingness to even consider marriage, I might interject because of career at the risk of stereotyping, women are more inclined toward quote unquote helping professions such as services than those that require physical labor. So where have all the good working men gone? Some are subsisting on government benefits or living off their parents. About seventeen percent of working age men are on Medicaid, seven point four percent on food stamps, six point three percent on Social Security, many claiming disability payouts, according to the Census Bureau. Many spend their days playing video games and day trading friends. And they've seen young men on dating apps claim to be working as self employed traders, financial bloggers, and even quote retired financial a retired financial engineer close quote apparent euphemisms for Robin hood brows. That's also quote who speculate on stocks and share tips on Reddit. When stocks were booming, many didn't have to work in the traditional sense. After last week's plunge, they might. Other missing men are taking longer to finish college or are pursuing graduate degrees. Only about forty one percent of men complete a bachelor's degree in four years, and about a quarter take more than six. Reminds me of that line from Bluto and Animal House, seven years of college down the drain. Many high paying vocations don't require college degrees, but government subsidies and public k through twelve schools. Nonetheless, steer high school students to that track. Federal student loans won't pay for apprenticeships, but they will cover the cost, including living expenses, of worthless graduate degrees in community organizing, creative writing, tourism, dance, and more. Rarely does one need an advanced degree to enter such fields, but colleges have convinced Americans that they do as a means of raking in more federal dollars. Many millennials and Gen z Zoomers struggle to find jobs in their chosen fields of study and don't want to work in others or in jobs they view as beneath them, so some simply don't work. Consider the unemployment rate among recent college grads with a sociology degree is six point seven percent, and their median wage is forty five thousand dollars a cord to the New York Federal Reserve Bank, sociology grads could earn twice as much working on an auto assembly line, which pays on average one hundred thousand dollars a year. Good gig, but not many wanted. The reality is that masses of young people who have been taught that capitalism is exploitative, don't want to work in factories. They'd rather mooch off taxpayers or their parents. Still, many men who don't go to college also don't want to work in factories or other blue collar occupations, perhaps because they don't believe there's dignity in such jobs. Only thirty one percent of blue collar workers feel that their type of work is respected, according to a Pew Research Center survey that came out last week. Any wonder when politicians and both parties proclaim such workers are exploited. There's dignity in any work, a message that deserves to be emphasized by the President and i'd say all elected officials. The client and work among young men is a far bigger problem for the nation's economic and cultural vitality than the decline in manufacturing jobs, and it can't and won't be solved with tariffs. That thinks she makes some great points. You know I'm on record. You know I've I mentioned many times. I think of the garbage collectors that come and take away my garbage, and God bless each and every one of you, hard working, mostly men, although I'm sure there are some female garbage collectors. I have a tremendous amount of respect for those folks getting up and going out every day for a job that so many people are willing to demean.
Speaker 1: What do you want to be a gavage collector? Yeah, how about it?
Speaker 2: You can make a decent wage something society desperately needs, because what would the place look like without them working every day? And the same thing goes across the board. I've always been very critical of people say that, you know, you went fries with that demean folks that choose to work in fast food. That was the original first job for most high school kids. Not that I think it should be your permanent life job, but you know, you can work up and be a manager of one of those and make a decent, respectable career out of it. Work is its own reward, and we should be supportive of people who are willing to get up every day and go do some hard work. And you know that that term the jobs Americans won't do that is such a disgusting concept. What do you mean the jobs Americans won't do well because you're from some different country that makes that job? Here, you take that job. We're Americans, We're not going to do it. Where did that attitude come from whatever happened to the American work ethic? What are happened at being respectable? And you know saying, listen, I'm going to go out and find employment rather than get on the public doll because I'm not going to move off my fellow man when I'm capable. That's why I appreciate the work require. If you're going to get on snap benefits, at least put twenty hours a week in with some free job training. And that applies to people who are able by it. If you're disabled, that's a different story. It's a different analysis and should be a different set of factors that applies to it. But if you're twenty five years old, you are capable, you're physically able, you're able to get up out of bed in the morning rather than watching video games. Why not take advantage of a career opportunity. Get one of these union programs, or you can be an apprentice and make money while you learn a trade, and then you can become free and independent, pay taxes and then complain about the taxes you're paying because oh, look, you're promoting fruit juice in Africa or something. I got some interesting dogs figures that have come out. They further reflect the insanity of where your taxpayer dollars are going. Join in the fund, learn to complain about the American taxpayers dollars being misspent by corrupt government officials. But unless you're work and paying taxes into the federal system or state systems best, you don't have any incentive to complain about it or care about it. You may feel differently, You can feel free to call in the meantime six twenty two if you have care City talk station, Happy Tuesdays, all right, speaking of paying taxes and being upset and what your money's going to be spent on, and everyone should be. This is why I appreciate what the Department of Government Efficiency is doing in spite of the screening, whaling and gnashing of teeth on a bunch of people who don't appreciate the fact that our money is being wasted and colossally so. Box nineteen provided the info on this one. Apparently the Department of Government Efficiency announced fifty one and I know it's million dollars.
Speaker 1: I know it's a paltry amount.
Speaker 2: But this is just an accumulated sum over time, every little dollar every year, if you mind the pennies of dollars mind themselves. Well, if you mind the millions, the billions end up mining themselves. So let's start with fifty one million dollars in cuts to something called the US African Development Foundation, an announcement on X here's what they told us about and these were canceled. So two just under twourre and thirty thousand dollars used to market one hundred percent organic shade butter in Burkina Fasso, Just under twohundred and fifty thousand dollars spent on mango drying facilities in the Ivory Coast. Just under two and forty thousand dollars spent on marketing pineapple juice in benin African Country or African Countries and Cities. Department also said about one hundred thousand dollars spent to increase yogurt production in Uganda, just about eighty five thousand dollars spent on a business incubator for SPA and wellness entrepreneurs, and of all places in Nigeria, fifty grand spent to train farmers on how to grow dragon fruit in Senegal, and forty eight little over forty eight thousand dollars spent on a What's App marketing chatbot in Kenya last month, THOUGHS previously shared that it determined one hundred and thirteen contracts valued at four point seven billion dollars, including a US Department of Agriculture consulting contract valued at one hundred and forty five thousand dollars for PERU climate change activities.
Speaker 1: Funding.
Speaker 2: Canceled also included ten million dollars for gender equity in the Mexican workplace twelve point two million for worker empowerment in South America. That would cracked me up too, because South America is a continent, and I could quickly find the figure with a quick search engine search. But I'm gonna say, there's millions and millions and millions of people in South America. Twelve point two million for worker empowerment in South America. How far do you think that money actually goes? And how much worker empowerment can you bring about in South America with twelve point two million dollars Considering it's a continent full of people. You know, there's some lucky so and so down there that's now sitting on twelve point two million dollars. Actually this was canceled thankfully, but would have been sitting on twelve point two million dollars in his or her bank account because I don't know their friends with somebody connected with the United States government, and probably a share of that money would have been kicked back to someone here in the United States, probably in the greater Washington, DC area, to fund some sort of political organization or otherwise land in the pocket of some politician. Do I know this for a fact? No, not yet, but wait for it. If you give them enough time, maybe they'll follow the money. And somebody's screaming out in the park on Saturday justifying all of this and saying none of this should be cut because Elon Musk is evil, and about fifty five percent of left to say that he should be killed, or at least lean toward the notion that he should be murdered, according to that study that I started the morning show out with. Yeah, because of this, Eric, hang on, if you don't mind out of time in this segment, I'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 1: And if you don't mind holding for a moment.
Speaker 2: It is just I six thirty two fifty five krc DE talk station go straight to the phones. I promised Eric, I take his call right out of the gate and fulfilling my promise. Eric, thanks for holding over the break of Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Marian Brian, just out here on my way to work so I can keep paying taxes and wonder where they're all.
Speaker 1: Going mango dehydration in Africa.
Speaker 6: There that I want to take just a bit of exception. I really do wish we would stop talking about poultry thumbs of millions of dollars, because I would love to have a poultry sum in my bank account. I don't know about you.
Speaker 2: You're not politically connected, Eric, You're not. You're not part of this system.
Speaker 6: You need to work for some n g O name isn't Soros or Biden? What the heck are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Well, their money, their money does trickle down to uh, those that are well connected, you know.
Speaker 6: I mean you mean, you mean the people that were in the park screaming and shouting.
Speaker 2: Sorry anyway, well, one hundred dollars, one hundred dollars a trip or whatever. You know, if you if you're not working for a living and someone's willing to hand you one hundred dollars for a couple hours of labor, I suspect you might take it.
Speaker 6: What's my labor?
Speaker 1: Go out and scream, Okay, I got it. There you are.
Speaker 2: Everyone has that skill set. You don't need a four year college degree to yell, although there are a lot of people that go to college for four years maybe six years to learn how to yell and protest. I have a great day for calling brother. There's so much truth in comedy, isn't there? All right, let's get a local story in here. Man accused letting his dogs attack since a police officers and indicted by a grand jury yesterday, Hamilton County Prosecutor's officer said twenty six year old Daryl stoweres indicted on one felonious assault charge, as well as two additional misdemeanor charges of assault and resisting arrest. According to police, March twenty ninth, they showed up be at one hundred Craft Street one o'clock in the morning after reports that someone had fired shots. When police got there, a woman told them that Stowers had hit her with a gun and during an argument over an issue in the neighborhood. Police say the woman had injuries to her ear When police officers attempted to arrest Stowers. They said he ran into his house and then released three of his dogs. According to the reporting, Stowers did this intentionally so that the dogs would attack the police officers. Since police say one of the authors managed to tackle Stowers got bit on the calf by one of the dogs, he remains in the Hamilton County Detention Center in a twenty five thousand dollars bond must not have been in front of Judge Silverstein. Man who was found dead along the riverbank and Butler said, According to the spokesperson for the Pendal County Emergency Management, Rob Broun, Man found Monday four pm at the end of Maider Street near Butler Bridge. Kentucky State Police said they received a call about a possible drowning after someone reported seeing a body wearing a life jacket in floodwaters. Pendleton County Search and Rescue team recovered the body of sixty six year old Robert Singleton from Butler. Officials also found Singleton's canoe and what they believe is his truck. According to bron Singleton was a member of the Lions Club and a lifelong environmentalist, and a quote he said he had a heart for making Pendleton County. Look good, Butler one of two cities in Penalton County that had a mandatory evacuation order lifted yesterday. Resident must show proof of residence before they're allowed to re enter the city limits, according to officials. A five on three seven four fifty five hundred eight hundred two three talk another number I'll give you for Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning. The outstanding service folks at Zimmer trained they are to repair your HVAC system.
Speaker 1: Service it.
Speaker 2: You can get on a service plan with Zimmer to keep that thing running for a lot longer than it would otherwise. But if it's time for you to get a new system, you can save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new carrier comfort system.
Speaker 1: It's a forty on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to the period after the Top of the Air News Full Hour with Peter Bronson in studio. You are the twenty fourth anniversary of the Cincinnati Riots, who wrote a book about it, Behind the Lines, The Untold Story of the Cincinnati Riots. And I'm sure Peter and I will have much more to talk about beyond that. But great man, he is very interesting and I'm sure you'll enjoy the conversation. Let us jump over to the phone before I move on. Mike's on the line five on three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk Mike, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: A Brian.
Speaker 9: I've called about the flooding and way the news is covering it like it's that river, like the Ohio River's never flooded before. It's like, this is like the weather. You're like, oh, this is horrible. I'm like it floods at least every two or three years. We get the baths of flooding.
Speaker 2: Down there, sometimes more than others. And this is a pretty.
Speaker 9: Substantial happened probably about ten years or so.
Speaker 1: Right right now, I saw a new Richmond, which.
Speaker 9: We'll probably get three or four years of flooding because it's the reciprocal cycle.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there is a cycle, and that's why we have, you know, one hundred year floods and five hundred year floods, and yeah, we we all know the weather changes and it's an ever changing reality, which is one of the reasons why I don't believe that you, you and I are responsible for this moment in times flooding as opposed to all of the other multitude of times the Ohio River has gone over its banks. That doesn't mean that I'm not feeling sorry for a lot of the neighborhoods who are underwater right now. I saw New Richmond hasn't seen it this high since well the last ten years. But if I know anybody who's been done in New Richmond, they have that flood gauge, that big tower that sticks up out of the water, and you can see where the highest flood was, and it's you know, if you sit there and you contemplate how much water has to accumulate to get up that high. You know, both sides of the river are going up, and it's filling and filling trillions and trillions of additional gallons of water, and it's like, oh my lord. Now, I guess some of that might have happened before we had locks and floodgates and the like, but.
Speaker 1: Geez, it's just it's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: But thoughts in prayers out to everybody who's dealing with that, and again, to the extent you want to charitably contribute and to help people out in need, whether it's these floods, the floods that we're experiencing elsewhere in the United States, a lot of people out there could use some assistance, and I will, as I always do, put a shout out to Matthew twenty five Ministries, not because I'm a member of what they do or anything, but if you want a donation dollar to go to those in need, then you give it to Matthew twenty five Ministries because a buck given is a buck moved over to the need. They don't have any overhead or minimalist overhead. It's a lot of volunteers working there.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I always like to pick on a United Way because they have a massive overhead, paid salaries, paid position. So I don't know what the return on your charitable investment is when it goes there or other organizations. Not to be critical that they're saying they're not helping people, but the bang for the buck, from what I've learned over the years, Matthew twenty five is the place to go. So I haven't been to their website to know if they're you know, gathering money, resources, donations and the like for flood victims here and elsewhere, but clearly we have been inundated of late.
Speaker 1: Let's see, but a bum oh, just real quick here.
Speaker 2: The House is apparently going to be They had some hold up, some disagreements in the House representatives. Houses poised to vote this week on the Safeguarding American voter eligibility, the SAVE Act. That's one sponsored by Representative Chip Roy at Texas, which requires proof of citizenship in the voter registration process. Other bills being advanced the No Rogue Rulings Act by a Representative darryl Isa, he's the primary sponsor, which will limit district judges ability to issue orders blocking policies nationwide. That's been a problem that's been percolating around for a very long time. You get one district court judge in one district that imposes an injunction that takes effect nationwide, and some believe that is something that is beyond what the jurisdiction of one district court could be. Both were expected to get a vote last week, but there was some sort of standoff in the House over a procedural thing. But they've got that ironed out, so we'll find out if there's Republican unity as it relates to these two. That means the House will vote on it, but then it goes to the Senate, where you've got a bit of an uphill challenge there because it requires sixty votes. Six forty five fifty five KRSD talk station imaging. I'm going to get affordable imaging today right after the show has six fifty one a fifty five KRSD talk station. A very happy Tuesday, pay extra special for me. I love talking with Peter Bronson. He'll be in studio in the next hour. Uh, just going over the aftermath of the April ninth anniverts, the anniversary of since any riots. So a lot happened then and a lot has gone on since then. So we'll see if what Peter's impression is of the then versus now. Also, I'm sure we'll go over other topics with Peter. Anyway, Supreme Court handed down an aureo, say five to four. A lot of squeaker decisions around there, but they lifted the judges order that prevented the deportation of suspected Venezuelan gang members to that SALVADORI in prison, allowing the Trump administration request expedited removals under the eighteenth century law Alien Enemies Act, but due process is required. The Court said that detainees were entitled to notice that they were being removed under the Alien Enemies Act, as well as an opportunity to challenge a deportation before a federal judge in Texas near the immigration lockup where they've been held, as opposed to shipping them off to some choice jurisdiction at the Aco.
Speaker 1: You would run. Now that covers the basis is it lawful to assert the Alien Enemies Act? Apparently five to four says yes. But the Constitution requires some due process. You can't just say.
Speaker 2: Someone is an illegal member of a gang without giving them an opportunity to be heard in court. That's really the point that Judge Dapolitanum made last week and got so many people really angry. It's like, oh, but you know, we do have a constitution. So the court's order required more than the government provided the Venezuelans. On March fifteenth, that's the day they published Trump's proclamation invoking the Act and then immediately began flying some of those migrants to El Salvador's Terrorism confinement Center. Migrants were not told their destination or given an opportunity to seek legal assistance before being taken to l Salvador. Majority will be Chief Justice John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, Samlito, Neil Gorsich, and Brett Kavanaugh strussed that the only issue was the place in legal avenue for migrants to challenge their enemy's act removal through the constitutional process of habeas corpus in the district where they have been held, rather than in Washington, where the ACLU, representing a group of Venezuelans, filed the lawsuit. The majority said that for all the rhetoric of the descents, its decision was a technical one. Detainees, in their words, are entitled to notice and an opportunity to challenge the removal. The only question is well which court to resolve the challenge an ACLU turney representing the migrants. So the ruling means we will need to start the court process over again at a different venue. But the critical point is that the Supreme Court said individual individuals must be given due process to challenge the removal under the Alien Enemies Act.
Speaker 1: That's a huge victory.
Speaker 2: Well, it's also and you know, my estimation merely supporting the constitutional reality. You can't just go to someone's house, grab them, put them on a plane and send them out of the country. As bad as these people may ultimately be, if they're that bad, you can prove in the court of law. I think that's important. I mean, that'd be your little well libertarian in me defending the Constitution everything that it says and stands for in spite of the stumbling blocks it quite often places. You know, political expedience isn't exactly the greatest thing, and that's how you end up with imperial presidencies. When you have a do nothing Congress that refuses to act, you end up with presidents who pull out their phone and their pen. Thank you, Barack Obama for setting the president and go ahead and do what they want. This particular case, Donald Trump pulled out his pen said Alien Enemies Act applies. Was that okay according to the Supreme Court. Yeah, but it doesn't eviscerate or eradicate the due process that the Constitution requires and calls for. So I think I call this basically an overall win. So let them argue in court, and then, if I was a betting man, watch them be placed on a plane and flow them down to El Salvador. Peter Brownson up after the top of the air news hip. You can stick around for that and inside Scoop with Bright Barton News London bureau chief Oliver Lane. He's doing to empower you sevenar tonight seven pm what is happening in Europe and what it means for us? Plus the Daniel Davis Deep Dive, and we're going to learn about head and neck cancer from ohc's doctor Joseph Shaughnessy. He'll be on at the tail end of the program in the eight o'clock hour. I sure hope you can stick around seven oh five at fifty five ker CD talk station. A very happy Tuesday. I hope you're as happy as I am. And it's Tuesday because Peter Bronson is in studio. Of course author, he is a publisher. Chili Dog Press dot COM's where you find his publishing company and maybe an opportunity to get your book if you're someone in the listening audience that's interested in publishing.
Speaker 1: Does a wonderful job.
Speaker 2: He's also a terrific author, former columnist for The Cincinnian Inquiry and an award winning columnist back when the editorial page used to win awards. Things have changed over at the Inquire A little bit. I'm going to miss them too much. But Peter Bronson, you always did such a wonderful job. And I just got done asking you. Your very very first book was a compilation of your columns.
Speaker 10: Yes, that was called Cincinnati for Peace for Pete's Sake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you segued over and actually your first book book, and it's a book. It's work of nonfiction, of course, behind the lines the untold stories plural of the Cincinnati riots. And believe it or not, it has been twenty four years. Tomorrow's the anniversary of the outset of the Cincinnati riots. It took place, and you know, maybe people don't remember these specific facts, and I will fall into that category. I remember sort of about them when they happened. It led to that consent decree that got worked down. Yeah, yeah, we'll get some details.
Speaker 10: Consultants that flew in like vultures to feed on Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but what kicked it off? What was the impetus for all this? Like George Floyd. Everybody remembers George Floyd and dam and BLM and defund the police and everything.
Speaker 1: This was sort of a precursor to that type of reaction.
Speaker 10: It was this was the first major incident of its kind in ten years after the Rodney King incident, which goes back ten years previously. Right, So when you go all the way back to that, you can look at this pattern that occurred. And I have to say compliments to you for bringing this topic up again, because I would wager that very few, if any of the other media platforms in this city will even mention it today that this is all these twenty four years since this happened and it was a huge cataclysmic event in the history of our city.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why it's worthy of bringing up. I mean, did we learn lessons? Are things better now? I mean it's a point of a moment of reflection. That's why you think about anniversaryes. What's theal line if you don't learn from it, Yeah, repete it. So yeah, well, I just I remember reading about and my dad telling these stories about the sixties riots, the Watts riots. Yeah, and the National Guard had to be parked out in front of Detroit.
Speaker 10: They had tanks rolling down the streets of Detroit in nineteen sixty seven, and they had fifty caliber machine guns mounted on the tops of those tanks that were firing at rooftops in Detroit because there were snipers up there trying to kill the National Guard and the.
Speaker 2: Police see and can you believe that those are the facts that I was not aware of. Dad told me a story about locally, when these studios used to be at nineteen or six Highland Avenue, that they had to have a National Guard vehicle posted out there because they were concerned about maybe the studio is getting stormed or something along those lines. Because the television studios as well as the radio studios were all into that a WKRC moniker. So things are different now than they were then, But that's the one story remember back then. But we felt the effects of that eras riots as well.
Speaker 10: It was really bad in Avondale in sixty seven, but when you look at what happened in two thousand and one was certainly not as bad as those sixty seven riots. But it is such a template of what has occurred in all these cities since. What occurred in the Rodney kincase, what occurred in Ferguson, Missouri, what occurred in Baltimore with Freddie Gray, what occurred with you point George Floyd, but so many other cases, all of these patterns fit right back to Cincinnati in two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: And I think about somebody's gonna say scream with the radio and say, Thomas, you're full of it. But there seemed to have been in some cases, some of these cases, a gross mischaracterization of what happened and people's reaction immediately blaming the police, when you know, police were following the way they had been trained, and they didn't do anything necessarily untoward, but it led to bad outcomes, you know, the you know, I mean, you can't defend them literally beating the crap out of Rodney King. If you watch that video, it's like, I mean, come on.
Speaker 10: Well, except in my research, I was really surprised to find this in the Rodney King incident that when the jurors were shown the entire tape, ah, then they came up with the that kicked off the riots. So the tape that we saw on television was heavily edited to only show the police responding to him and his attacks. He refused to be subdued. The actual transcript of what happened is shocking. I mean, they tried everything. Now, did they go too far? Of course, yes, they did. Police are not inhuman when they're adrenaline gets pumping after a police chase. Right, They're just like you and me. They're capable of all kinds of.
Speaker 2: Things, especially if their safety is in jeopardy because the behavior of the purp in this particular tax Yeah, if he's attacked them, or you know, if they use a taser, if I don't even know if there's existed back then, but if the taser doesn't work and the guy continues to become aggressive, and they.
Speaker 10: Tried tasers, they tried everything short of firing their revolvers and killing him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, and.
Speaker 10: They did not do that. Now, if you mentioned that, the first and the initial reactions are often sort of a shoot ready aim, especially in the media, and this was especially true in Cincinnati. Now, the actual shooting occurred on April seventh. On April eighth, a young black men had been shot by a police officer. On April eighth, the headlines in the Cincinnati Enquirer and in the media throughout Cincinnati, but mainly in the Inquirer, included the words police brutality, no facts are in remember, police brutality, trigger happy and excessive force.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 10: This was absolutely just setting the table. And it reminded me when I was coming in this morning, Brian, that today our judgment, I respect, our esteem of the media is at a record low. It's at eleven percent feet But in these days, bringing up the idea that the media might be wrong, that they might be pushing an agenda was heresy. This was immediately suppressed or smothered by any platform of media because they just thought anybody would suggest bias was a tinfoil hat cook.
Speaker 2: Right sort of default to that, Well, this is obvious media bias that we wait around and find out what the real facts are down the road. Okay, So yeah, you have to remember context is everything. This is twenty four years ago, yes, and this is I guess that's before social media as well, very much.
Speaker 10: So you didn't have the drivers on this. One of the main drivers was WDBZ. If you remember the Black Ross Love station that was in Avondale, I think, yeah. I used to go up there for interviews from time to time and it was a wild, wild trip. But that's another story. But they just poured kerosene on this around the clock. Remember all of CPS schools were out for spring break, so there are all these kids hanging around with nothing to do, and the radio just kept pouring out this police brutality story. How they're out there killing young black men. Cincinnati police are hunting down and killing young black men.
Speaker 1: This is the story.
Speaker 10: They were broadcast and constantly, and our paper that where I was working at, the Inquirer, had done this. It was a prize package designed to win some kind of a pulitzer or something, you know, in their dreams, but the prize package was this long report that really massage the data to come up with this narrative of police brutality in Cincinnati. So this was like this incident was just kind of they're just waiting for the one to come along where this this whole thing can be well.
Speaker 2: As a journalist, then you come from the responsible factual reporting journalism era. You know, you don't draw conclusions, you don't jump the gun. Now, editorial pages are different, but when you're just doing general reporting, did you ever look into and in your research doing behind the lines the until it's sort of this insint right, what the motivations were for them doing that and painting such a salacious headline and such a well a headline was guaranteed to generate this kind of response.
Speaker 10: Well, it was a lot of things that combined and contributed to this, maybe a perfect storm of incendiary reporting that contributed to the violence. I would say part of it was ideological. The people that were being brought into the newsroom had this attitude. A lot of it was the Rodney King case, which everybody, let's face it, people in the news business, they like to follow the herd, the herd animals, and if somebody gets a lot of attention for a story, then all over the nation we're seeing these another Rodney King. Every confrontation between police and a black suspect. All over the nation, you'd see headlines another Rodney King without anything that necessarily matched up. So there's this whole kind of copycat.
Speaker 2: It's called clickbait now online, but back then it sells newspapers, Yes it did.
Speaker 10: And there's that. There's the whole prize. I get under that in the book. I was looking back at it this morning, and I get into that the whole prize, like every newspaper was kind of shameless in their pursuit of prizes, of whatever kind of prize they could get from the National Conference of investigative reporters, or it might be the Ohio Press Association, whatever it is. Pulletrer is of course the moby Dick, that's the holy Grail. But it was kind of I thought it was kind of shameful the way these packages were often designed with the prize committee in mind and not the readers or not the community.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll pause right now on the twenty fourth anniversary tomorrow of the East since Any Riots kickoff. Peter Bronson was there, and he saw it all and wrote the book about it, Behind the Lines, the un Told Story of the Cincinna Riots, which you can get, of course on Amazon. Widely received and big thumbs up on that book. Will continue in a moment, but if you wake up with joint pain and seven twenty here for five KRCD talk station by Thomas with Peter Bronson, author, publisher, former editor of the since An Inquirer, and of course a man who remembers all the facts behind the riots that started Cincinnati on April ninth, and as Peter explained, really kicked off and went ballistic when the Cincinni Inquirer posted the headlines that it was all you know, the rogue cop, there'll be a bad share, trigger happy.
Speaker 10: Police brutality excessive for us.
Speaker 2: But that was before any of the information had been looked into.
Speaker 1: There had been no internal investigation, and the.
Speaker 10: Police chief was out of town, so they didn't even have a press that was a striker right as it was, and he was at a conference in Indianapolis, and so he was shocked when he's driving home and and I think it was Vince Demasi was in charge me. He said, by the way.
Speaker 1: Next door events.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah, he said, by the way, chief.
Speaker 1: What So who is responding?
Speaker 2: Who is responsible for addressing the public right after it happened, because it's always, you know, at least a lieutenant on the scene, unless it's you know, really a chief level respond That would have been the case in this one had the chief Striker been in town exactly. So who had the laboring ore of dealing with the press and the immediate aftermath.
Speaker 10: Well, it probably should have been Demassi who would have checked in with Striker and said, how do you want to handle this? And Striker had said, I'll be back in two hours, right, and we will hold a press conference. They did discover that one of the keys to preventing this kind of outbreak of violence is to get everything out there in the public as fast as possible.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 10: If you got a guy that's involved in a confrontation with police and he was carrying a weapon, you want that weapon on the evening news, the morning news, any place you can show it, Okay, And that really does diffuse the whole well violence.
Speaker 2: It does, for it explains the justification for the shooting. I had a back and forth this morning. There was a recent police shooting and Hamilton County prosecutor said, no, the police were okay on this one. The facts are a little questionable and we're still sort of waiting for the full all the information to come out. But you have to provide the public with the information along the lines of, you know, police shootings are justified much in the same way I am entitled to defend myself with deadly force if I am faced with the eminent apprehension of grievous bodily harm or still death. And you know, for example, if I've been through the process of trying to command a person to you know, not resist and settle down, get on your knees, put your hands on your head, they stop doing that and they get aggressive toward me. Of course, face two now in modern policing is use your taser if possible, and if they continue to be aggressive and that doesn't work, and they continue to come out with you, most notably if they are are, then you have a legitimate justification for using deadly force. It all makes sense. It's like put yourself in the same damn position, you would have done it as well. Exactly now, in this particular case, what specifically happened, I think it's worthy that we go over ultimately what was concluded happened, how the confrontation started, and that what led to the deadly force.
Speaker 10: Well, you had this kid who was wanted on I think of his nineteen different warrants for mainly minor stuff like being out past curfew. He was an nor failure to appear again and again and again, so they spotted him. The officer officer Roach gets out of his squad car and goes around into an alley because they're going to head him off because they knew where he was running. As soon as he saw the police, he ran and the kid comes over around the corner and he's probably as far as we can tell, the best excellent is that he was pulling up his sweatpants or his jeans, and Roach thought he was going for a gun and fired and shot him, killed him. Beyond that, what really was another I don't know if you remember this, but there was a period when the refrain or the battle cry of the protesters riders was fifteen Black men killed fifteen. This went out nationally and was a major reason for the boycotts that really crippled Cincinnati for a while. And the fifteen Black men killed was came directly from that excessive force series in the Inquirer. And what I did is I circled back to say, Okay, who are these fifteen I can read you just a couple examples here very shortly. One of them was Daniel Williams, who flagged down Cincinnati police officer Kathleen Conway in nineteen ninety eight, slugged her in the face, and shot her four times in the legs and abdomen with a three fifty seven magnum Holy is he carjacked a police car?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's one of the.
Speaker 10: Fifteen victims of police brutality.
Speaker 1: Victim.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Another one is a new spin on victim isn't it. Really?
Speaker 10: You have Harry Price, who brutally raped a fifteen year old girl in nineteen ninety five, beheaded her with an axe and held off police for four hours, attacking them with a steak knife after being hit repeatedly with mace and stun guns. He was shot when he lunged at the police with a knife.
Speaker 2: All right, since in the interested time, we're gonna take a break, I mean, we get some more of those. But what you're suggesting is, in this reporting, this fifteen black man, the narrative that was presented that they were all innocent people who were not justifiably shot by the police. Yes, and the two you just read there just really kind of burst the bubble of that narrative, don't they.
Speaker 10: Yeah, all but about three were not even questionable.
Speaker 1: Let's pause.
Speaker 2: We'll bring back Peter Bronson in a moment for seven twenty nine. If you give out their CD talk station Times with Peter Bronson, author of many, many books, all worthy of reading. Just go to Amazon dot com and you find Peter Bronson's page and you can see all the Sin City and the other wonderful books he's written. They're just they're just really genuine page turners. And uh, that's one of the things I love about it. I'll put you in a category like a bill O'Reilly. Once you get going, Peter, you just can't put him down. And the fact that it's so local, we all have a connection with it. Yeah, you were mentioned, you know, like, uh, the Junkyard dog alligation. You know, Ken Lawson is in your book, and I actually went to law school with Ken. I think it was a year or two ahead. I mean, we know what a troubled problem in a difficult time he had with his you know, the drug issues and the I guess disbarment or whatever he went through. But he was integrally involved in this and maybe it was made a bit of a scene my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 10: But yet of all places the law in public safety, yeah, where it was completely lawless.
Speaker 2: And a riot broke out and or I broke out, Yeah, behind the lines, the untold stories of the since I riots the name of the book, so I imagine, you know, and at least again, going back twenty four years, we have evolved as a society, and I think in many cases for the better. You know, you know, a light has been exposed on some of the terrible problems that we've had with police departments. Yes there have been instances of racism. Yes there have been instances of brutality, and I think so one of the positive steps we've gone through, in spite of the fact that maybe none of this outrage in any given instances was justified, there was a percolating general anger between members of certain communities and the police department that was.
Speaker 1: Built in what we called the unrest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the unrest was there. Yes, everybody knew somebody who had been pulled over for they always say driving while black. You know, they're just hassling me and shaking me down. You know, my buddy Rudy was, you know, being clubbed over the police officer with PR twenty four that I know that kind of thing existed. So when a pretext comes along as inaccurate as the details were, as you talk about in your book, and as you pointed out this morning, it's like, Okay, the kindling's already there. It just takes a spark. And even if the spark is not the one that should have started it. And I'm not going to justify political or violence in the streets and the extent of the reaction. You can kind of understand on the level where it came from.
Speaker 10: Yes, and so much was done after during right after the riots, we had the can Commission, which was Cincinnati Action. Now it was largely ineffective. We had a federal consent decree that came in for about a year or more. We had federal monitors that were in the back pocket of every police officer looking over the shoulders of all the police brass. It drove Striker crazy because I couldn't do his job. And I think what changed was the police learned some things out of this, almost independent of the ten or fifteen million or whatever it was the city spent on all these consultants. A lot of these consultants just came here to shake the city down. And of course, yeah, it was crazy. Nothing's changed, nothing has changed.
Speaker 2: You need a non governmental organization and here taking a look at this, right, you know, five hundred thousand dollars a year working for an MNGO.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll be happy to do the work.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, what city elected official isn't glad to shift the blame and let somebody else take responsibility for something by giving them a million dollars. So, but the police learned some key lessons, which one of them we discussed was getting the weapons or any kind of evidence out there as soon as possible, get out in public, have a press conference, tell everybody what happened as much as you know, to correct these myths that are perpetrated by the media in many cases. The next thing they found out, which was very surprising, was a curfews work on the fourth day of violence when they were they had just experienced the worst day of violence on the eleventh, with people being dragged. An elderly couple was dragged out of the car and beaten severely. We had this happening pretty regularly in the streets, and the police and the mayor declared a curfew and it worked, and everybody's like, wow, that's kind of a surprise. People are burning down businesses, smashing windows, throwing rocks at the police. But you tell them that that, you know, eleven o'clock everything ends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it worked. It's like parents know that about young people. Most of the problems occurved sort of after eleven pm. You start worrying about what your kids are up to.
Speaker 10: But there were a lot of lessons like that that were applied. But we went through a really bad period too, where the police they they layered on so many layers of review, of second guessing. For the cops, they had seven layers of oversight, so if they couldn't really do anything and they kind of backed off. They called it drive by policing, of.
Speaker 2: Course, and we saw that a lot of the aftermath of Black Lives Matter riots through it any't worth it.
Speaker 10: Yes, it was kind of a self defunding of the police without the defunding part. And it took about a year year and a half before Striker had a big meeting with all the cops and said, look, do your job, get back on the street and do your job, and I'll back you up one hundred percent. And I got a credit Mark Mallory too as the new marrior. He came in and said, look, I will play it fair, i will look at the evidence, and I'm not gonna throw kerosene on any fires unless i know there's something there.
Speaker 2: Well see, and I will call that responsible leadership. Because again moving over to the post, let's say George Floyd area, you had politicians that were joining in the ridicule of the police departments and not supporting them at all. And you know what that does the morale within a police department. You can't even get your elected officials on your side when your job is to try to keep the community safe.
Speaker 10: And it was terrible at Cincinnati City Hall. I mean, we had the Law and Public Safety Committee on April ninth was literally taken over. They were held hostage in that room by protesters who filled the entire room, stood on their desks, took their chairs from them, and they were completely intimidated and not even allowed to leave the room for a rest break. And what happened then is that the city council just kind of adopted this whole idea that it was all the police fault.
Speaker 1: Capitulated.
Speaker 10: They capitulated it was a lot easier.
Speaker 2: Well, and I must observe the other development we have, and you know, no Orwellian fanom I at least these days we have body camera footage. Yes, and that has burst the bubble of so many people who claim it was police were in the wrong. It's the police who did this. It's reduced the number of complaints that there was police brutality and no, here's the body camera exactly, go ahead and draw your own conclusions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's it's I think it's solved.
Speaker 2: More problems for the police department than it has well provided, you know, documented proof that the police were in the wrong.
Speaker 10: And there's been improvements in technology for non lethal force. So the tasers were a huge breakthrough because that gave them an option short of the club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and when the taser shut up, the PR twenty fours went the way of the Dodo exactly.
Speaker 10: And so but the other interesting thing is that tasers were absolutely considered like a horrible, cruel and unusual tool for the police by the media, and the police had to weather that storm of all these bogus reports about how many people were going to die, and this is absolutely you know, it's a deadly jolt of electricity.
Speaker 2: And that's hilarious because all the all the cadets of the police department go through they get tasered, that's true, they get shot with a tasers, so they know damn well how it feels and what it does through you exactly.
Speaker 10: And you don't hear of anybody getting killed or going into the hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, you know, pause, we'll bring Peter back. Got a couple more segments with him. I'm really enjoying this. I hope you are as cherry if you love Harse Talk Station taking a walk through history not one of the high points in Greater Cincinnati's history, but one certainly worthy of exploring. In Peter Bronson's in studio, his book Behind the Lines, the Untold Stories of the Cincinnati Riots, and we're kind of walking through the practical reality of what happened and then sort of paralleling it with or comparing it to how the media just twisted the narrative on it and actually fed the fuel for these riots and fed the fuel for the fire. And it's just been a real eye opener because you know, honestly, Peter, it's been so long, and I'm not quite sure how closely connected I was with the facts at the time that was going on.
Speaker 1: But which calendar year was this again, two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Two thousand and one, Yeah, back in town. We came back in ninety eight from Chicago.
Speaker 10: And everything that happened, remember, is completely eclipsed by the World Trade Center attack which followed shortly thereafter. So this was in April and that happens in September. So for Cincinnati, this was still huge and the effects lingered for about two or three years. I don't know if you were here then, but we had a thriving entertainment district on Main Street that was pretty much just died from the boycotts and from the violence, and that kind of went away. Now it's kind of over. It's in OTR. But I mean a lot of cool places like Neons were there, and yeah, all kinds of places, but you know, the city, a lot of restaurants failed. There was really terrible boycotts and a lot of confrontations and nasty The whole city was just in a terrible kind of hostile, divided climate.
Speaker 2: This you know, go back to go back to Watts and go back to you know, Rodney King, and it seems to have like a cyclical effect. Yes, I don't know if there's any connection with the political environment generally speaking and this type of rioting behavior happening, because you know, you could see with Antifa now they had their own separate issues, but a lot of fires and looting and destruction and anti police activity.
Speaker 10: I think same thing, and just burning police stations. It's just another escalation on this ladder that we saw and it's pretty much the same things that happened in Cincinnati, but in a little bit more expanded scale, and it keeps getting worse and morrise. And I really, because I'm in the media. Maybe yeah, well, you know, the guy who has a hammer looks at everything like a nail. Maybe that's me. But I think the media, with many good intentions, perhaps of trying to unite the country, has done more to divide us on the issues of race than anyone.
Speaker 2: Well, again, it goes back to clickbait, you know, unification, uniting speaking a message of you know, enjoying and living under collectively in peace, in the name of freedom and liberty and respecting your neighbors. You know that don't That doesn't get clicks, It doesn't get people buying you know, murder, mayhem, ray, pestilans, police, brutality, brutality. You know you're going to buy a paper, you know. It's like you can go back to the movies in the nineteen thirties and forties, headlines headlines murder of so and so, and that of.
Speaker 1: Course is why people would buy papers.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. Yeah, well, human nature is what it is. It is, at least I think I have. I'm as much of as much problems as many problems rather are created by the Internet. And this way that the Internet has of being able to reach so many people in such short period of time that you can get a whole bunch of idiots and don't know what to talk talking about showing up on a Saturday to protest cutting out ridiculous government ways and claiming that medicaid is somehow being gutted, when in fact the polar opposite is happening. That's a downside. An upside is though, that you and I actually can go out into the world and get a broader view and more opinions and a broader swath of how the information is being presented, which if you're smart enough, you'll get a clear picture of what reality is.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 10: I think you make a great point, and social media and the online websites have really it's like giving the most irresponsible people in the media back in two thousand and one an amplifier and a bull horn. Yeah, and now they can spread it even faster with less research, less reporting, less.
Speaker 1: Evidence, less accountability.
Speaker 10: And it's, like you said, it's clickbase. So if they have to correct if the next day, who can because they got the income that they can show advertisers from those million clicks.
Speaker 2: Let's pause wording Peter back for one more. I'll be right back after these brief words here fifty five KRCD Thalk states, and I haven't been thoroughly enjoying his look back in history with Peter Bronson regarding the riots which took place tomorrow twenty four years April ninth, to kick off of the riots here in the Cincinnati if you want to read about it, he wrote the book along a while back. Two thousand and six was the published date Behind the Lines, the Untold Story of the Cincinnati Riots. And you brought up some great elements about this that I'm sure so many people have forgotten. But all the parallels that we can draw with other almost identical situations, to me has been rather fascinating, connecting the dots and showing the parallels, and most notably the idea that quite often these things are if not only tiny bit baked, but half at best, when people start flying off the handle and drawing conclusions and engaging in outright acts of destruction and violence, when they themselves while they may be angry at this system, or they may be angry at you know, law enforcement generally in these particulars, many of these circumstances, the anger isn't justified.
Speaker 10: No, as you pointed out, there may be a background climate that is contributing to this. But I think by now, by now, after we've been through this so many times, we've seen this rodeo before, that climate, especially in police practices, is for all intents and purposes gone. Will there be exceptions, Oh, sure, of course. Ye, that's human nature, that's life. But the idea that there is a systemic racism and a police department, or that police are out there looking for excuses to be racist and kill or arrest or beat people because of their ethnicity, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I think it is too.
Speaker 2: And you know, there was a guy named Corey that called in and he said he just through these broadbrush conclusions cops want to be costs because they want to go out and shoot somebody, that they're all trigger happy. And I'm listening to this thinking about my sister, who, after twenty five years, you know, served since my police department and her community. Well, she had stories that she used to talk about being spit on, punched, having to get you know, wrestle people to the ground, getting abused herbally and orally all and never once did she had to pull her firearmar To the best of my knowledge, I know she never had to shoot anybody. But he was being insistent upon this, and so I looked. I looked up the fun fact. In twenty twenty four, in the United States, they were over one point two eight million sworn law enforcement officers, with about one hundred and thirty seven thousand of them working for federal agencies and the rest at state, local levels. And I see, you know, of course there are going to be jerks in there, just like the general populations that's in prison. That's why they find murderers and rapists are the vast majority of people murderers and rapists. Do we have this collective mindset that we're all, you know, justifying committing these horrific acts. No, they're always going to be a few bad apples. But going back to the social media part, they do make the headlines. Yes, And when you have this mentality of the George Floyd mentality, this particular mentality what comes from the riots and people you know, immediately using it as a vehicle to attack the entire police department. No one thinks contextually about it.
Speaker 10: Sensationalism has been monetized. It has That's what we look at in our media today at all levels. I'm talking about network news, cable news, everything, especially social media and online platforms. The more sensationalists, the more readers click it, the more money you make.
Speaker 2: Well listeners you can get to still get a copy. Behind the lines, the untold stories of the sin say riots all so the man who saves Cincinnati promised Land, how the Midwest was one forbidden fruit, sin City, the underworld and the supper club inferno not in our town. The Queen City versus the King of Smut, which of course talks about hustler publisher Larry Flint and the whole. I mean, you even did the Cincinnati Art Museum, Maplethorpe thing in that one. It's all great stuff. Peter writes a hell of a book. They're all Day. You can get him at Chili Dogpress dot com. That's his publishing company, So I recommend you buy him from there, as opposed to getting him through wherever you might get him, like Amazon. But I can't recommend him enough. He writes a terrific book and a great storyteller you are, and you want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want you to give it up.
Speaker 2: And if you don't want to say anything, I know you're working on a new book.
Speaker 10: Yes I am, and I won't say anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, I won't give it up then, but you know it suspicious. This is going to be a fascinating book you got. I don't want to. I can't tease it too much because I'll give away this subject matter. But another really locally based story. And since we brought up Ken Lawson earlier in all his troubles, oh gosh, man, he had a really serious problem going on at the time of these.
Speaker 10: Riots, absolutely drug addiction.
Speaker 1: He's cleaned himself up, he has.
Speaker 10: The last time I talked to him, he was clean, had been for a long time. He was in Hawaii and he was practicing. He was teaching at the University of Hawaii, teaching legal ethics, which.
Speaker 2: It's just sounds hilarious. But the off air you mentioned, I think this is we're pointing out. Since we're closing out the segment here, Ken was one of the people at that law and Public safety meeting during the riot that he.
Speaker 10: Was one of the instigators along with the Reverend Damon Lynch.
Speaker 2: He admitted to you at that time that he was, oh yeah.
Speaker 10: He was deep into his opioid addiction at that time and doing all kinds of terribly unethical and illegal things to keep feeding his hat. But when you watch the tape of that was I went back when I researched the book, Uh yeah, his behavior definitely backs that up.
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 10: And he kept he knew better, and we now know that he did know better that the police couldn't release what he kept telling them he wanted to get and they couldn't do it. It was it was just not available or it was not legally proper, and so he kind of exploited the situation too to cause a lot of violence. And that's where the riot really erupted right there in law in public safety.
Speaker 2: What a shame anyway, read about in Peter's book. Peter, it's been a real pleasure. I can't thank you for coming to the studio and talks with It's always pleasure, man, You always enjoyed this.
Speaker 1: You're always welcome here.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: We'll have something else to talk about real soon. I am certain seven to fifty five come up with some fifty six inside scoop. London Bureau Chief Oliver Lane returns to the program He's doing to Power You Seminar later this evening seven pm. For that what's going on in Europe and what it means for us. Daniel Davis deep at the bottom of the next hour plus KRS cares with the fabulous cancer doctors from OHC Today doctor Joseph Shaughnessy in studio to talk about head and neck cancer.
Speaker 1: Stick around to Shibato five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five KRCV talk station. A very happy Tuesday to you. We're gonna get the Daniel Davis deve Die fin out what's going on between Russia and you curd to the bottom of the air in the meantime. Welcome back, and you should bookmark the website Breitbart b R E I T b A R T Breitbart dot com because when Oliver Lane's writing about things political, you're gonna want to read them. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show, London Bureau Chief Oliver Lane, who is doing and empower You Seminar tonight seven pm. Log in from the comfort of your own home, just registered empower you America dot org.
Speaker 1: To do it.
Speaker 2: You're going to want to hear this presentation. Oliver, welcome back to the Morning Show. It's always a pleasure talking with you.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you for a fantastic introduction.
Speaker 4: It's great to be back.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I appreciate this subject matter. What's happening in Europe and what am I to portend to the United States subheading. While authoritarian to authoritarianism has been on the rise among the political class, a populist reaction is taking place in response. I mean, I guess I should start up by saying, Oliver, what did they our political elites expect when they opened the borders in the European Union? And then we felt the same thing. Mostly under the Biden administration open the borders, you had this unchecked, amazing inflow of immigrants with no connection to your political culture, no collection, no collection to your culture. Generally speaking, things got pretty bad and people started looking around in Italy, in France and the UK and Germany like, wait a second, what what happened to our country? We're not the same country we used to be. Our culture has been completely eroded, our cities are overrun. The criminal element in the criminal the amount of crime has gone through the roof. Of course, there's going to be a populist revolt to that. Isn't that just sort of a natural reaction?
Speaker 1: Oliver, Well, what you.
Speaker 11: Couldn't see when you said, what exactly.
Speaker 4: Did they expect?
Speaker 11: Was me grinning from here to wear, because that is the best possible question you could ask, and I wish I had an answer for you. What did they expect exactly? When you force upon people who in countries across Europe and probably in the United States as well, who have voted against mass migration again and again and again, election after election for decades, and no matter actually the result of the election, you always get the same thing, which is more and more open borders. So what we have so called is this populous uprising, which is of course an entirely natural counter reaction to elite overreach because they decided they could do whatever it is they wanted, no matter how the people advised them, in the endless elections that we have in these wonderful democracies, which are democracies that hurt, and they're in trouble because if you have a situation where people vote again and again to stop something and it doesn't happen, then well, is that.
Speaker 4: A democracy worth the name?
Speaker 11: So it's good and it's healthy, and it's a natural reaction that we have these as I say, so called populis reactions in Europe and in the United States, and I certainly think a President Trump is a part of that. And in terms of encouraging your fine listeners to tune into this empower you seminar to item is going to be a short talk followed by questions, and I'm really looking forward to those questions. That's obviously always the best part. But the thing that you're going to have to tune into here is why I think populism is a bad word and one that we shouldn't use on the.
Speaker 2: Right fair enough, and I'm sure you'll provide a wonderful explanation of it, and maybe an alternative term to use when we're referring to what is this, wait a second, what about us mentality? Our government has seemed to just turned its back on its own people, And yeah, you can, I think clearly connect the dots to this concept of this globalist, one world government. They view independent countries as bad. They want one size fits all, they want to control us all and it's it seems to me that this importation of literally millions and millions of people into otherwise stable areas has an erosion effect on that. If you import a bunch of people from the Middle East into the European Union, they don't care about the borders of Germany or the UK or Italy. It just means nothing to them. They have no roots and no connection or foundation with it. So if they were eradicated, they don't care as long as they have a place to eat in someone feeding them. I suppose whatever you got by way of government is fine with them, because they've all grown up under authoritarian regimes.
Speaker 11: Anyway, a real cynic might argue there's an element of divide and rules of this. If you have a country that has, for instance, two predominant factors or two predominant factions I should say, be they based on faith, or based on skin color, or based on class or anything like that, that's a perfect situation for civil uprising, for unrest, for civil war, even which.
Speaker 4: Are horrible words and not things.
Speaker 11: We'd like to think about, because you have two groups that are powerful enough to fight, and if you want to have a peaceful country from position of an authoritarian. It's far better to have a country with a great many small groups, none of whom are powerful enough to do anything. They're too busy bickering amongst themselves.
Speaker 4: You can then divide and rule.
Speaker 11: And when I look at the very diverse way in which our countries are being changed, as I say, a real cynic might argue that this produces a situation in the for instance, European states, which where elite control is rendered much easier.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, I can certainly draw, draw the dots or connect the dots together.
Speaker 4: It on that. Now.
Speaker 2: The other component of this is, and you know, we face this struggle here in the United States, where I think, culturally speaking, we prided ourselves, you know, on this Melting Pod concert. We had Irish, we had English, we had Germans, we had Hispanics, we have all these different subgroups of cultures. But coming here with the freedom and ability and liberty to do as they choose, work under this umbrella of freedom without too much government control over their lives. It was really a motivation to draw people and that all worked for us, except in modern times with social media. And this is the point I'm gonnatimately get to, that division can be created, and you start putting in divisive elements. It starts breaking these otherwise cohesive under the banner of freedom, people who could peacefully live together. And you start saying, no, you're in Asian America. No you're in Irish America. No you're an African American, and then you drive a wedge between otherwise peaceful groups. That's how you get this division that we're talking about, and even under a banner of freedom, it ends up collapsing on itself.
Speaker 11: Yes, I think there are two distinct elements here, because, of course, in the past, the United States has had these actually quite considerable waves of migration. Historically going back the past two hundred and fifty years, first British migrants predominantly, and I think if you look at the numbers now even now, the English settlers are the largest legacy.
Speaker 4: White group, followed very closely by the Germans.
Speaker 11: You had the Germans, and you had the Italians, and you had the Norwegians and the Swedish who settled in the.
Speaker 4: North of the United States of America.
Speaker 11: But always after these arrivals, it seems there's an automatic response, a self healing instinct in the United States that when you have a sudden large arrival. You manage that then by actually having a period where the borders are closed and that group, which is not constantly being reinforced with new migrants arriving from abroad, is forced to integrate and actually has to become part of the American dream.
Speaker 4: And that's worked very well in the past.
Speaker 11: And the problem that we have now, as you absolutely rightly identify with the emergency, say, social media, which is great in so many ways and is a fantastic tool for fighting back against globalization, against the lead capture because it allows people like you and me to trade information so freely. The other side of that coin, the issue to be dealt with is it also allows getivization because those new communities that arise never have to experience life outside of their own social milieu. There's never any pressure to integrate into American society, to participate in.
Speaker 4: The traditional American dream, because if you're.
Speaker 11: A newly alrived migrant, you can do everything online in your own language with people who talk and think like you.
Speaker 4: Why would you have done anything else?
Speaker 2: And then you also have authoritarian governments who try to crack down on what they deem to be offensive or hurtful comments, and they curtail speech and don't prevent or don't allow for the free exercise and exchange of thoughts and ideas. And that to me is I mean, in the United States, we have a really, really well protected freedom of speech here, But when I look over the pond and I see what goes on in the European Union, I mean, you can you jail people for what someone deems offensive or hurtful, and it just runs such a foul to our traditional notions of free speech.
Speaker 11: Yes, well, the way I think of this is this, when we have discussions and I'm going on a bit.
Speaker 4: Of a tangent here, I hope you'll forgive me.
Speaker 11: But when we have discussions now about the future of artificial intelligence, we say, one of the problems that we have with our future computer overlords is that whoever programs them gets the sway on where they go. So if a computer's greatest good, it's the highest possible moral outcome for them, is that there's you know, never any racism or you know, transgender people are never misgendered. As the example goes, then the computer, the artificial intelligence might do things that ordinary people find might totally abhorrent, totally terrible to uphold those standards. So if the computer thinks that somebody not being misgendered is a higher moral good than a misgendering individual, say an ordinary person being shot, then the computer will choose to shoot the person who's committing that fault crime. Now, when I look at the way that our political elites, which are now being dismantled by the popular st uprisings we have in Europe and the US, I look at them, I think these people are not actually much more intelligent than a stupid AI computer software as a whole. The way they think and collectively they decide what their their greatest goods are, their their their moral imperatives, and that might be that the greatest moral good this government can deliver is that we don't have intercommunal, intercommunity strife. So there's no riots between different ethnic groups in the United States. And as long as we're achieving that, which, let's be honest between you and I, that is definitely a good outcome. Nobody wants that, right, But if that's your highest moral good, then you will stop at nothing into that, even if that means putting essentially normal well meeting people in prison, just in case they do a little naughty wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Now, in terms of the makeup of the European Union, I mean it's almost as if you have a version of the United States, you have Degreece, you have Germany, you have Italy, of all these different countries under the larger banner of the European Union. Now has that resulted, because it seems from my perspective, it's resulted in the erosion of the autonomy of any given country to go in a different direction. Oh no, no, Brussels says you can't do that, And therefore any election in France maybe doesn't bring about the outcome that the French people want out of an election because they have this bigger power tone than what they can and cannot do. Have I kind of got that right a little bit.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Absolutely, the United State of the European Union wants to be like the United States. The political I keep on using this friend that praise. The political le have to forgive me for sounding like the broken record that we have in Brussels and Strong which are the centers of power for the European Union, they look at the US with envy. They want that power. They want to be the federal government for Europe. They're not quite, but they're getting there in terms of the impact this has on order with Europeans, You're completely right and it is an enormous issue. So if we look at the United Kingdom, for instance, post Brexit, we have recently left the European Union, so we no longer have the EU limiting what we can do. And it's actually very interesting to witness essentially how mentally stunted the British political class is because they've had fifty years where they've never actually had to make any decisions because every single item of consequence is decided abroad. It's imposed. All you're doing, really and that was this is how the saying went. It was government by facts. You're being faxed laws from the European Union and your only job as a legislator was to implement those laws into your own system. So we now have this situation where the entire political class has grown up in a world where they never have to think, they never have to inn evade because it's always done on their behalf.
Speaker 4: And I think actually we're in a.
Speaker 11: Bit of a situation because it's going to take an entire generation the people who are capable of independent thought. They're teenagers now, the people just getting into politics for the first time, just thinking about the way the world works, and why the people who are going to be the government ministers, the activists, the prime ministers in.
Speaker 4: Thirty or forty years, that's how long it's going to take, I think, to escape from this.
Speaker 11: And if you look at and this is not just a UK thing, this is all across Europe.
Speaker 4: The present generation.
Speaker 11: Of politicians that we have are afraid of power. They rejected and the best possible proof of this totally you cannot contradict.
Speaker 4: It in my view, is you look at the way the UK works.
Speaker 11: The government still doesn't make decisions. Every possible area of competence is farmed out to non government rather non ministerial organizations.
Speaker 4: We call them quangos.
Speaker 11: So if you know, if you want to make a decision on prisons, the minister doesn't make a decision and have it implemented like you're do In the US, the president signs a piece of paper by presidential decree.
Speaker 4: This thing happens.
Speaker 11: They say, Okay, we recognize there as a problem the prison system. We're going to call for a report, an inquiry from an arms length body and they'll tell.
Speaker 4: Us what to do.
Speaker 11: And actually every single area of government is run like this.
Speaker 4: And we remember not.
Speaker 11: Perhaps the world's greatest example, we remember Liz Trust, the very short lived British prime minister. Conservative Party, came in said we need to change things. The way the international monetary system works, the way government debt works, everything, it's all broken.
Speaker 4: And we want to change it.
Speaker 11: And all these little organizations that the government has created over the past forty years. When no, you didn't ask us, we don't agree. And with that the government collapsed instantly because this network of allizations have been created to control the government did not give its consent. It's going to take a lot of work to get beyond that, but I very very believe it's possible.
Speaker 2: Well, i'll tell you what, Oliver Lane. Now you'd be surprised how similar we are to written in that regard. We call them non governmental organizations, quite often funded by very large left wing dollars and the taxpayer dollars. We have a very similar political situation. Lots of the work gets farmed out to these crazy organizations, and politicians tend to not do what they're well elected to do. It's going to be a fantastic conversation. Empower Youamerica dot org, register from home, tune in, make sure they're at seven pm. Oliver Lane's going to give you a mucher, larger and broader presentation on these and the opportunity to ask him questions. Oliver, it's always great talking with you do such a wonderful job. I'll look forward to our next discussion here at fifty five krs the.
Speaker 4: Talk station, and so that's not it's been a pleasure.
Speaker 2: It's always mine as well. A twenty at fifty five ks the talk station, Peter Shriek, it's a thirty one if you have k CED talk station communication breakdown with Jrstreker not in. And this isn't a criticism of Sean McMahon, but normally get a video feed hook up with Daniel L. Davis, and that was not arranged ahead of time, and he's not picking up the phone the phone number we got, so maybe won't do it. But Shawn's busy working trying to hook up with Daniel Davis. So I'm really curious to find out what the hell's going on with the Ukraine and Russia situation, which we normally get to do. However, this will give me an opportunity to mention two things. One thing reminder, Corey Bowman's kickoff. It's early voting now for the city of Cincinnati. You got a primary going on. Corey Bowman seems like a good guy. He is an alternative to Aft tab provol I think he's the well, the leading and outstanding Canada on the Republican side of the lodger. He's been on the program quite a few times, gotten to know him, and I think he's a good man, which you know from It Loves Cincinnati, that's for darn sure. So Corey Bowman's fund or not a fundraiser. It's a meet and greet campaign or voting early voting kickoff, I guess is more properly named Price Hill Chili beginning at five PM this evening, five to seven, which then will give you time to make it from Price l Chili over to CVEG. Why do you want to be at CVG tonight at nine to five, probably a little bit beforehand on terminal on level C. You want to be there for the return of the honor flight. You feel in a lack of patriotism, you feeling a little maybe like you want to support America's military, you want to give those Vietnam veterans a pat on the back, because they didn't get one when they came back from Vietnam. Regardless of how you feel about the propriety of Vietnam as a conflict, I think most of them really didn't necessarily I don't know if it's most or a half or a percentage of them. Quite often men and women who serve in America's military don't necessarily cotonto or appreciate the reasons motivations for being there. But you know what they do the job, They step up to the plate, They serve their country. And when the Vietnam veterans came back, a lot of them people got and got spit on. A lot of them couldn't wear their uniform anywhere. And you think being deprived of the right to wear a uniform that you proudly wore, only to be viewed as a murderer and baby killer by the likes of Jane Fonda. You didn't get a military parade. But I think we all learned a valuable lesson from that terrible behavior that so.
Speaker 1: Many people engaged in.
Speaker 2: When the Vietnam veterans returned, and that plane that's going to be coming back to Cveg tonight again right around nine o'clock is going to be packed, or rather is packed with Vietnam veteran era era veterans. I talk with sub Mariner or Submarine or Mike Cribbage Mike this morning. He was there for the sendoff. Andrew pappis former Anderson Township trustees on the plane as well, and so they're going to be there. But it is an uplifting, perhaps allergy inspiring kind of thing, but it's well worth going. And if you've got young people in your world, bring them along. It's a wonderful patriotic display. So I've been a couple of honor flights, and I'm telling you it's a moving thing. So if honorflight Tristate dot org where all the information is. But today is the first one of the season. May twenty first will be the next one. That's Wednesday, May twenty first, and then the two be determined ones are in September and October. But if you can put it down on your calendar to show up at least at the welcome home rally, I think you will find it is well worth your time and effort, and there will be a heapload of people there, a heap blow of people. It's always very well attended. So no success with Daniel Davis. My apologies for that, and I feel badly because I was looking forward to talking to him this morning as well. So we'll get to hear from Daniel Davis next week. Keep my fingers crossed on that. Peter Browns was in studio for an hour that will ultimately be on the podcast pageifty five KRSEE dot com. Since Joe's out, that hasn't been updated yet, so the guests from yesterday aren't up, including well my conversation with Christopher Smithman, which is always a quite enjoyable one as well. Uh, don't go away. We're gonna be learning about head and neck cancer doctor Joseph Shaughnessy from OHC. They're my cancer doctors and he's one of the great ones at OHC talking about head and net cancer. We'll learn all about that coming up. I hope you can stick around. Colm eight thirty seven come up in a thirty eight here fifty five KRCD talk station Brian Thomas with one of the good doctors from OHC my cancer doctors. Yes, I'm getting my ct scandiday and keep my fingers crossed because I've got low spectrum lymphoma. But today we're gonna be talking about head and net cancer. Why because it's Head and Neck Cancer Month in studio to talk about that, doctor Joseph Shaughnessy. And just so you know, because you're gonna want to get the number down, it's ohcare dot com online ohcare dot com eight eight eight six four nine hundred for initial consultation for second opinion.
Speaker 1: To be glad you're talking to him. They're outstanding doctors.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the morning show, doctor Joseph, Joseph Shaughnessy.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure to have you here.
Speaker 10: Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: And you've got a well let's see here proof positive in my hands radiation on collages with interest including breast cancer, head and neck cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, gastor intestinal cancer, and skin cancer.
Speaker 1: Broad field of work you do there, doctor.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's kind of the nature of what I do out in the community. You know, see a broad spectrum of cases and yeah, that's just kind of the nature of our day to day operation.
Speaker 2: All right, let us initially establish what exactly is head and net cancer. What comprises head and net cancer.
Speaker 12: It's basically any cancer that starts above the clavicles. So any cancer that arises in the head and neck region outside of the brain in the eye, those are normally not included in this group of cancers. So that could be a tonsil cancer, the back of the throat they call it, the base of tongue, anywhere in the mouth region or the gums, the voice box otherwise known as the larynx. It can include the thyroid, and then even skin cancers in the head and neck region. And then there's some other rare cancers like the nasal passages or the nasopharynx.
Speaker 2: Well, when I just had to dwelmost briefly skin cancer in the head and neck region, that will be exterior on your neck, that would still fall into your area of practice or head and neck cancer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, exactly, Okay, And then you know it can start in the head and neck area on the external scan, and then it could involve the lymph nodes underneath.
Speaker 2: Or fair enough, fair enough because be pasty Northern European descentate white guy that's had multiple severe burns when he was a child. I have a regular standing visit with a dermatologist annually because Dad had a lot of removals over the years, he spent a lot of time outside. So just a little fun advice. If you want to get an appointment with a dermatologists then you might fuck you find yourself fall into that category. Not to speak out of turn, doctor scheduled appointment now, because it's going to be a long time before you can get in with the dermatologist.
Speaker 10: Yeah, often six.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, it's crazy, it's just crazy. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Is any one of those various cancers you talked about within the head and net cancer room more predominant than others, like a softly deal cancer or the larynx or.
Speaker 12: I would say, so, there's this category called the oropharynx, that's the tonsils and the back of the tongue. That is probably the most common side of origin. And then second behind that is probably the voice box. Diyrog cancer is also a very common cancer, but that's kind of in its own group and not kind of really often the focus when they're talking about how net cancer, but it is grouped into that as well.
Speaker 2: Do these cancers that you went down thyroid do they carry with themselves different like risk factors Like I've read and I'm state in the obvious, I think most people are paying attention. Smoking, of course, and alcohol consumption can also lead to throat cancers.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, you hit the nail on the head there. Alcohol and various forms of tobacco exposure, probably in some way, shape or form, account for seventy to seventy five percent of these cancers. So yeah, those are a both very well known risk factors and both modifiable risk factors. And it's also important to note, you know, if you partake in those things, cutting back or abstinence altogether can still markedly reduce your risk of cancer in the long term. So it's not like the damage is already done. Some people think, Okay, I smoked my whole life, or I've been drinking excessively for a long time. You know, I've already assigned myself that permanent risk factor. If you can, if you can scale back, you can reduce you It's never too late to quit, exactly right. It six never too late to convert salvation. Maybe around the corner you maybe it'll avoid this type of thing. Well, how about infections? Yeah, so that's the other big kind of driver of these cancers. HPV infection. That's short for human power bloma virus. It's a family of viruses. They're very common. They cause all sorts of things from like run of the mill warts, but there are a few more serious types such as HPV sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh and you know these these they like COVID nineteen except HPV form no.
Speaker 12: But yeah, you know, when they discover these viruses, they just assign a number to them, kind of in order of when they discover them. But it most people, it's still a very common virus.
Speaker 1: Most everybody's got it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, most people have been exposed in some way, shape or form, and then your body just gets rid of it and it's not an issue, and then it's just gone. But a very small percentage of people don't clear it, and it kind of festers and it can cause kind of chronic inflammation and eventually cause a regular cell division, and then it causes the cancer.
Speaker 2: So it acts in the same way HPV acts on cervical cancer. If you have HPV or serveral cancer is quite often, if not predominantly, caused by an HPV infection exactly.
Speaker 12: That's it's the exact same mechanism, it's the same family, it's the same virus as even the same high risk HPV forms that cause cervical cancer can cause neck cancers.
Speaker 2: Okay, And not to get too graphic or specific, but the mechanism by which one might contract HPV and end up with throat cancer sort of acts in the same way as you get it when you end up contracting cervical cancer.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, okay, direct contact and.
Speaker 2: Mouth and yeah, right, okay, So it's a sexually transmitted virus. It's a sexually transmitted virus, Okay, regardless where it lands up. That's the that's the point of it, all right, Oh, of established that clear it up, that little bit of math. Now this other one, this HPV sixteen, I've never heard of that. Now I've heard of you know, home h people. There's there's a whole multitude of these HPV viruses out there, and some of them can, like you said, can cause warts like genital warts or I guess same thing that happens in your throat.
Speaker 12: Yeah, or even just the HPV viruses can cause skin words too. I mean, there's so it's a whole spectrum of these viruses.
Speaker 2: Okay, and since most people have it, I mean, if you're sexually active at all, I guess the statistics are that you probably have at least or at least had an HPV infection.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, I think I've seen that if you're sexually active at all, there's over fifty percent chance that you've had some sort of exposure to one of these types.
Speaker 2: All right, how about oral, fair, and genial cancers that's caused by HPV as well, because because you say, the notes suggest that they're on the rise.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so that is that group of cancers that like the tonsil in the back of the tongue, those are grouped under the that's a part of your body called the oropharynx. And yeah, smoking and alcohol related cancers have been diminishing over time. People are engaging in more generally responsible behavior and moderation. But these HPV related cancers have been increasing over time because the these viruses are just so widespread now and exposure is so common. And yeah, the oropharynx is that subset of head and neck cancers that that tends to manifest these cancers.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's pauses a forty five.
Speaker 2: We'll continue with doctor Joseph Shaughnessy from OHC again online in ohcare dot com eight at eight six eight hundred. We're gonna get some other risk factors, typical symptoms. Uh, we're gonna talk about screening a little bit and hopefully can they be cured. He'll answer that question as well.
Speaker 5: Don't go way fifty five KRC since nineteen ten wimer.
Speaker 1: A forty eight pig about CARCD talk station.
Speaker 2: OHHC My cancer doctors, ohcare dot coms where you find them online eighty and eight sixty eight hundred in studio doctor Joseph Shaughnessy, who's a head of net cancer specialists among others. He's a whole litany of cancer specialist. But we're talking about head and neck cancer. And when we're talking about HPV, I asked about the vaccine and it was a definite yes. And women can get the HPV vaccine in order to try and stave off this right.
Speaker 12: Yes, I mean the hp vaccine is essentially a cancer prevention vaccine. It is targeted against the high risk forms of HPV, not just sixteen. They include a bunch of different variations of it sixteen eighteen thirty one thirty three and all these different forms that have been shown to be high risk. It can prevent infection and in turn can lower your risk of these HPV related cancers significantly.
Speaker 2: All Right, now I'm going on the side of I don't care where you are with RFK Junior, I would recommend getting that one. All right, What are the other risk factors which might cause head and net cancers?
Speaker 1: Generally we've touched on really the main ones.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, you know, there are other certain environmental exposures, certain kind of chemicals and substances, certain industrial exposures out there. I mean, that's a very small percentage of cancers related to that, but there can be you know, just oral hygiene. If your mouth is in bad shape and you don't take good care of it and you just have chronic inflammation in there from bad teeth, et cetera. You know, that can be a risk factor.
Speaker 2: That should not happen to anybody in my listening audience. You got doctors Peck and Frew. They're great doctors. They're dennis to take care of you. Any genetic risk.
Speaker 12: Very little there, Okay, there's not any I mean, short answer is.
Speaker 2: Now okay, cutting to the chase. What do people need to be looking for in terms of the typical symptoms, because you know, you get people freaked out about it, like, oh my god, it is what happening now? Is this related to throat cancer or something? What are the symptoms?
Speaker 12: Yeah, and that's tricky. There's a whole wide spectrum of possible symptoms. I mean, what you're really looking out for is something that is new and different for you and it's not going away. I mean this can include like a sore throat that's hanging around. Most sore throats are not cancer related, but if you have a sore throat that's persisting despite you giving it some time and some treatment, that's something to get checked out. There can be wider red patches in the mouth or throat that won't go away, or you know, other gross or ulcers in that area. If you have a change in your voice, like hoarseness or a muffled voice, that could be a sign of something going on, a new neck lump that won't go away, difficulty swallowing, difficulty chewing, numbness or weakness in your face, or you know, bleeding from your nose or mouth. That it's more than just a once or twice off deal. I mean, it's important to note that not all these things mean you have cancer.
Speaker 2: Well that's why my next you can go to your primary care physician sort of add an outset and talk to that. I don't need to call oh if I have a sinus infection that doesn't clear up with antibiotics immediately.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, the your primary care team is your first line that you know. They're well versed in managing these issues, and they're very well versed and knowing when to escalate beyond conventional stuff like antibiotics are given it a little extra time.
Speaker 2: All right, So we've talked at we were talked at length about the lifestyles and screening. So what about the treatability. How treatable are these is it? Can they metastasize? I mean, I guess early detection is always usually really the key to getting in front of it and being able to have a greater likelihood of success. But what's going on in the area of treatments and do people still have hope if they get diagnosed?
Speaker 12: Yeah, So these cancers are very often absolutely curable, and as you touched on, early detection and early intervention can really tilt the scales in your favor. You know, if it has spread outside the head and neck region, at that point in time, it's more about controlling the disease rather than cure. But the first thing we're thinking when we look at any of these cancer cases is hey, how can.
Speaker 10: We get to cure here? And there's a variety of tools that we have to get to that.
Speaker 1: Clinical trials going on for any of these types of cancers.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, you're always trying to get better, find new things, refine our treatment algorithms. I mean, one of the big pushes in some of these clinical trials is actually sometimes de intensification of treatment. Sometimes these treatments when you're doing surgery or chemote therapy can be quite intense, and we want to find that sweet spot where where we're maintaining high cure rates but giving people as little side effects as possible.
Speaker 2: Well, piling on the incentives for lifestyle changes. While you may not be able to avoid getting an HPV infection in these worlds, in this world that we currently live in, I see that patients with HPV induced or oral fare and geal cancer have a very high survival rate over five years.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so you know, we do a great job with these HPV related cancers. I mean a lot of scary talk about how you know these viruses are out there, people are getting these cancers. Often it can be you know, younger patients getting these cancers. But the good news is is that the cur rates, yeah, can be around eighty five ninety percent, even if it's already spread to the lymph nodes in the neck region, still very high curate.
Speaker 2: Well, that is very positive information. But again piling on the lifestyle changes, tell my listeners about the population that have some smoking slash drinking related.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, unfortunately, they just don't do as well. Those are more stubborn, tricky cancers that can be treatment resistant. And also you know the effects of smoking and drinking for decades can make your body less able to tolerate treatment well. And so the combination of all those factors can I mean those cancers have a cur rate. I mean often it can be under fifty percent.
Speaker 1: Stuff you need to know, folks.
Speaker 2: And if you need a second opinion you've already been diagnosed, get in touch with OHC at eight eight eight six. Of course, if your doctor's suggestion you need to be referred to a cancer physician. I'm glad that I had a dear friend of mine refer me to OHC. I've been at their great care for years now and I wrongly recommend him as well as just from an independent person who's been through that experience. Ohcare dot com is where you can learn more. Doctor Shaughnessy, it's been a real preasure talking to you this morning. Thanks for all the great work you do and keep it up and I will again encourage my listeners to get in touch with you and related to cancer things.
Speaker 12: Thanks so much for having me.
Speaker 2: My pleasure is allmine. Eight fifty five folks. Peter Brownson was in studio Full hour Man. It's the twenty fourth anniversary of the Cincinnati Riots, and we did a deep dive into that the reality is certainly different than what was presented in the newspaper. That's be sure you can get a copy of his book Behind the Lines, The Told Stories of the Cincinnati Riots. Did the insight scoop with the bright Bart news log in tonight, empower Youamerica dot org and hear from Oliver Lane, the London bureau Achief on what's happening in Europe. This sort of populism Rise that also seems to be taking place here. He'll be doing a deep dive into that didn't get the deep dive with Daniel Davis. But you also have the information from OAHC fifty five KC dot comy it's Rightheartmedia Software. While you're there the app, tune into Myorrow Judge In and Apolitano, Congressman Thomas Messy just scratching the surface. Great guests lined up for tomorrow. Sean McMahon, thank you for producing the program this morning. You always do a great job. Folks, stick around. Glenne's coming right up.