Speaker 1: Welcome back to another episode of Astrology with Alice. I'm here with my good friend and fellow astrologer, Maxine Twig. Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. It's so crazy being here. It's such a like pinch me moment.
Speaker 1: Oh, Like for so forever that doesn't know what is your sun moon and rising?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm a Libra rising Tauris's sun and Gemini moon.
Speaker 1: Also, where is your chart ruler? That's another question I've been liking to ask.
Speaker 2: So my chart ruler is Venus and it's in Taurus in the eighth house, So okay, at home.
Speaker 1: So you have that's a great placement to have, like chart ruler and the sign it rules. But you have your son and your chart ruler in the eighth Yes, what is that? Like? I know that's like a loaded question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like there's been such an eighth House emphasis throughout my life, Like I've always been naturally drawn to psychology and understanding people better. So I think it really plays out like in my day to day job a Fux design, and then also with astrology, it's all about like understanding people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before I met up with you today, I was thinking I was like, Oh, I actually didn't realize she's that much emphasis on her eighth house, and I was thinking how it would play out maybe in the long term for you. And I feel like when Saturn goes into Taurus, your eighth like you could create I don't know, it's just such an entrepreneurial placement, like a lot of eighth house emphasis. Yeah, that's true, creating something of your own maybe in the near future.
Speaker 2: And you also have eighth house emphasis right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Moon and Venus. We both have Venus there. Oh, yeah, we have. This is what our episode is about today, how we share like very very similar chart placements. But before we get into that, just wanted to talk about like how we know each other. I feel like we've gotten closer over like a longer period of time, Like when did we first start talking, Like twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, probably, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean I started out as such a super fan of yours, and we got introduced by our really good friend Daniella, who does my brand designer amazing design. She does yours too, right, No, I've kind of been doing mine on my own, but yeah, we just started out as friends through through that.
Speaker 1: And I feel like we connected because we share similar like pop culture interests with astrology. Like I remember I posted about like the Glossier, not memoir, but like mcmurpheet about Emily Wise, and I was like talking about the astrology and you were so into it and it's just like fun to talk about I don't know, like reality TV and all of that stuff, And.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's also our ape house. We're like really trying to understand the psychology of the way people are acting and the patterns, and reality TV is such a good way to do that. I feel like we also talked about Love Island at some.
Speaker 1: Point, Yeah, yeah, And I was also going to say, like understanding why someone got to where they are is an eighth house thing, like just digging deeper. I want to go back to, like how you first got into astrology. When did this become an interest of yours.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because I think I've been studying it quietly, like on my own pretty much my whole life.
Speaker 1: Like even in like middle school, high school.
Speaker 3: In high school.
Speaker 2: It probably started as like very basic pop culture level of understanding. And in my family, my mom is also super into like vedaic astrology, so I had kind of an introduction through that and then started doing chart readings pretty casually for my friends throughout like my early twenties, and it was always something that I was trying to learn more about and practice at a little bit deeper. And then probably in like twenty twenty four, when the notes were hitting my first in seventh house.
Speaker 1: Okay yeah, and there raised lebru Lipitter.
Speaker 2: Moved into my ninth house in Gemini. It was like this creative burst of wanting to turn my interests with like music and also astrology into something that was for other people and sharing it. So that was kind of how Cosmic Cocktails was born.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you were you have like a lot of different interests that you blend with astrology, Like you're a dj is that's a hobby, that's a side business basically at this point. And then you also, i don't know, kind of going along with like party life djying is like cosmic cocktails, like how you're also interested in like using astrology to make mixed drinks and stuff like that. But then that's also what you call your readings is cosmic cosmic costs. Yeah, So I love this branding.
Speaker 2: It's it's a lot of emphasis on So in twenty twenty four. I was going out a lot and partying a lot and felt really creatively inspired by that whole scene and the people I was meeting and the music that I was listening to, And it kind of came as a way of like exploring that in a more creative way and sharing it with people that were interested in astrology and kind of found a way to like practice my readings through that like fun, lighthearted lens of like blending it with the nightlife.
Speaker 1: And you were also making like mixes like music. I don't know the right terminology for this mix playlists on Spotify based on like what zodiac season it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I found DJing at the same time. It was very Gemini Moon of me to be like, I want to explore these two things at the same time and blended it.
Speaker 3: So I was making for each.
Speaker 2: Zodiac season a set on SoundCloud for each zodiac sign, so so cool.
Speaker 3: It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like how you blend all these different interests together and you have like a cancer midhuff right, So the ruler of your mid heaven is that Moon and Gemini, which speaks to like, yeah, you have so many different I don't know.
Speaker 2: Whenever people make constant stimulation or I'm going to get bored, and yeah, a lot of variety.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Oh my god. Lo, so when did you in twenty twenty four? Was that when you were like, Okay, maybe I should start charging people to give them readings, like taking it more seriously in that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd done so many of your courses and then just studied astrology for years. That also, two of my roommates were also Libra risings, so practicing on the three of us was something that really helped me develop my astrology practice. And then just like reading for friends of friends, it started to evolve kind of naturally where people were like, this is really valuable, you should charge for this.
Speaker 1: That's kind of how it was with me. It was just like an interest that evolved, like in a supernatural way. I was going to say, with the two roommates that are also Libra risings, where you guys all noticing similar things happening, Yeah, because you have the same house as activated.
Speaker 2: I think you probably can relate to this because you're our friend Daniella is.
Speaker 3: Also a Leo rising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's like whenever a transit is occurring, you're feeling the emotions in a very similar way. It might be playing out in different situations, but the underlying tone and emotions are so similar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess because we're also we.
Speaker 2: Have a really similar chart setup because we're all ninety seven ninety six.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it's all the saturn and areas though interesting. Yeah, I love that connecting with people who have the same rising because even though it's not the same exact circumstance, like you were saying, like, very similar feelings at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's so valuable to listen and learn from someone who's going through something similar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as you've gotten more practice giving astrology readings, niching down into like what specific areas you want to go into, what's like an I don't know what topics would astrology have interested you the most, or like what if you wanted to go further.
Speaker 3: With I think off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: I love solo returns, and that's always a technique I'll bring in, like with a transit chart and then lunar return charts as well.
Speaker 1: So timing, Yeah, different timing.
Speaker 2: Techniques are super interesting and valuable, and I think people generally are coming to me in a period of transition or needing some guidance on like the direction that they should focus their energy. And so something that I really enjoy is like you have this happening in your sixth house, Like you should pay attention to that, and this is where you're going to get like fruitful results in the next few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's we have some interests in that way too, always trying to help people through like what's coming up and what they're currently experiencing. Yeah, I want to pivot and talk about how we have, Like I guess the main bulk of our conversation is like difficult chart placements and how we've dealt with those throughout our lives. We share this placement of like Mars, Chiron, and Saturn, even though we have different rising signs, all of these fallen different signs. We both have Mars in the twelfth house, we both have Saturn in the seventh house, and we both have Chiron in our first How close is Chiron to your ascendant?
Speaker 3: It's not that close.
Speaker 2: It's my ascendants three degrees and Chiron's twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean still though, but it's still in the Promised House. Yeah, And do you have anything else in Libra or that's like, that's it, so that's the pet or the asteroid that's like rising. Yeah, same for me. I want to ask you, like how you've experienced these, So we could start off with Chirn, like with Kirn in the first House, I guess I wanted to give like, I don't know how we have the same placement, but how it may have manifested differently for each of us, and also maybe what Chiron transits look like for people what I you, I don't know, what are the challenges you associated with that chart placement.
Speaker 2: I think Chiron specifically is such an internal planet or asteroid, and for me it really manifested and like as a child and into early adulthood, having a lot of insecurities about the way that I'm perceived by others, and yeah, feeling super shy growing up, not wanting to talk, not wanting to That's how it was visible, which is so interesting in Leo, which is the total opposite of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like I want it, but also just like having in the first house, it's like wanting to be seen but then being afraid of being Yes, Like that's interesting. You brought up the being shy in school because I would not or raise my hand in class because I didn't want to draw attention to myself. Same like I would get in trouble. I would get a worst grade just because I refused to raise my hand.
Speaker 2: Participation was always like vaccine needs to talk more.
Speaker 3: We want to hear what she's saying. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Another interesting thing I wonder if you've experienced this, but growing up, I also looked so much younger at every single age I at like sixteen. That was really not a fun experience to have when you look like five years Like this.
Speaker 1: Is crazy that you're saying this exact same thing. Because I just recorded and put out an episode on KIRN and I was talking about my experience with it in the first house, and one of the things I said was like being insecure because I always look younger exactly, And then when you get to an age where it's like guys should think you're hot, like no, that was never, Like that was never, And I feel like there's early like teenage or preteen years, like those feelings stick with you. It's like even though I do look my age now, I think.
Speaker 3: I do you still looking?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still like those feelings of not I don't know being behind in that way totally.
Speaker 2: I think it carries to feeling like you're behind or feeling less mature than the people around you, which I don't think is true for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I get that sometimes.
Speaker 2: That's like an internal thought that I think comes up sometimes for me.
Speaker 1: It's interesting how we both as well, like as we've gotten older, we chosen to put ourselves out there more on the internet, like through social media, meet through this podcast, like things like that. So it's really kind of learning how to conquer the fears of chiron. Like if I don't know, if like seventh grade me saw me talking in a public setting maybe like what the same?
Speaker 2: No, literally, I think it's also interesting because chiron is the point of where you can have greater healing for.
Speaker 3: The collective or people.
Speaker 2: So by overcoming those insecurities or even just talking about them, you're helping other people, which is such a big part of your work.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, like working at as an astrologer and you have those interests too. Curious to see what we do throughout the course of our life, like even that, like our chiron returns when we're fifty like how it becomes more relevant even like when you had the eclipses happen in Libra, did you notice, like, Okay, I'm having to like face this chiron fear front on and like get over myself inside.
Speaker 2: I didn't think about that, but I think the first and seventh Pous eclipses were such a pivotal point in my life, and when I discovered DJing, when I started Cosmic Cocktails, and both of those things I was really excited by and loved working on behind the scenes, But the scary part was putting it out there for people to see and critique and.
Speaker 1: Getting over that fear initial fear. I remember when I had eclipses to chairon in my first house in Leo, and I guess they're coming up again soon, But like having to get more comfortable being alone during that time, and like that feeling really painful at first, like I don't know, difficult dating experiences making me be alone, but then ultimately finding astrology and feeling like I'd heal parts of myself through that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes so much sense.
Speaker 2: I think for me, it was less about spending time alone and more about being okay with other people, perceiving the true version of me and kind of getting over the filters and masks that I'm putting out to make other people feel comfortable or like adjusting myself, which is very libra. Yeah, to please everyone else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we have it in different signs, so yours might manifest more and like the how the other people type of or mine maybe more with it in Leo like self expression, like creativity. And so we also have Saturn sitting opposite to Chiron in the seventh house, and you're currently at the start of your Saturn return because you have Saturn and Ares in your seventh How have you I guess I want to talk first about that natal placement of Saturn in the seventh and just like Saturn in general in the birth chart. Yeah, what have you noticed the most with Saturn in your seventh.
Speaker 2: Saturn is such an interesting planet, and I think having it on an angle gives it that extra emphasis. Yeah, And I think when I think back to how Saturn felt in like my chart in my early twenties and in like younger college years, dating felt like something that was super like hard to access or just something that was like riddled with so much anxiety. And then I would have a lot of flings or experiences where there was a lot of heartache but nothing ever materialized into anything solid and committed. So it was frustrating.
Speaker 1: That was literally the same experience for me. I think taking it too seriously that's a saturn trade of warmer. It's located in everyone else's chart, but like with us having it in the relationship sector. It would be like I would go on one date with someone and then I'd be like, oh, you're still talking to other people, Like what, like I thought, No, I'm taking with me immediately exactly, yeah, and just kind of having those never stepping back to think like is this person right for me, but just like oh, this should be serious now because we've been on like one date.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the it was really tough to even evaluate whether I liked the other person. It was the focus was much more about like, Okay, do they like me? Will we end up in a relationship, which might also be our venus placements in the eighth house, which adds that level of like intensity, And.
Speaker 1: It's crazy if we get the same approach to relationships.
Speaker 2: And then I think I just like took a step back and really for the last few years haven't dated much at all, which has been really nice for my mental health. But I feel like I've also gone in the other extreme where I'm like super avoidant of dating and it is something I want, but it now feels like maybe even more daunting to dip my toe back into that.
Speaker 1: I wonder when Saturn goes retrograde this year, because I do feel like when it's recked, when these outer planets are just planets in general station retrograde, and that retrograde begins in a new house and sign of your chart, because it had just in our areas back in February. If you start to see like those Seventh House themes, like oh, dating is becoming more relevant during that retrograde, but maybe it feels like a test or kind of frustrating because I was the same as you, like I had a Saturn return in the seventh House, and right while Saturn was in the sixth House, those like three years no dating, what's happen? Didn't talk to anyone, and then the second Saturn under the seventh and station retrograde, it was like people coming out of like nowhere.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you got to keep us well, that could be fun.
Speaker 1: Have you started to see a shift in mindset at all towards like that natal Saturn placement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we've talked about this. Yeah, but the only books I've been reading in the last few months since Saturn entered areas in February have been all about like relationships, deconstructing relationships or romance.
Speaker 3: And that's super.
Speaker 2: Different than the books that I was reading before that. So I like, I'm mentally more interested in just the topic of relationships and understanding like breakup psychology behind it, and it's just something that I want to read more about.
Speaker 1: So yeah, maybe wanting to better understand Yeah, that's really interesting. And then I guess we'll get to this in a second. But the ruler of your seventh is Mars in the twelfth, so that also makes a different aspect to do it. You're a night, no, you're day chart, right, So technically Mars would be like the more difficult of the malifics out of Mars and Saturn. As we get into Mars, like, do you notice I don't know, one of those molific planets being more challenging for you. In general, I think.
Speaker 2: Mars transits are just never my favorite wherever it's placed, especially Mars retrogrades. I feel like I have a really hard time with that period of time where things just feel super slowed down, frustrating and just like a slog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think even though I'm a night chart and Mars is supposed to be more beneficial, I think just because I've Saturn like in a sign of its domicile in my chart, like I have a better relationship with it, whereas Mars it's like there's really not a lot of strength with that.
Speaker 2: And it's in our twelfth house, which feels so hidden. And for me, I think that manifests in feeling really conflict avoidant and just the idea of conflict, aggression, anger, standing up for myself. All of those things are not things that I feel a natural inclination towards.
Speaker 1: Or do you find that by being conflict avoidant though, you end up creating conflict, because that's what I think, Like people hate that, it's I'm like that, so then it creates more at tension.
Speaker 2: Definitely in my earlier twenties, yeah, it was that was a theme. I would just like ghost people or ghost friends when there was definitely a conversation I should have had and maybe we could have moved past things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was also going to say, how have you noticed Mars with like mental health?
Speaker 2: It's so crucial I think for me, especially coming out of like this Sixth House emphasis that we've had. For the last few years, mental and physical health have been the main focus, and I think a lot of that comes with having Mars in Virgo in the twelfth House. It's there's such an emphasis around, like my mind and mental state needs to feel balanced and clearer in order for me to feel like I'm functioning at my best.
Speaker 1: Do you have to be alone a lot? I feel like with Mars on the twelfth I get I have to be alone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so much alone time.
Speaker 2: I didn't think of that, but yeah, I need a lot of alone time.
Speaker 1: Also with work. Are you I'm just trying to get a grasp on Mars in the twelfth House what we have in common. Are you someone that works in like short bursts or do you have like sustained energy that gets you throughout the day.
Speaker 2: I think I have sustained energy, but it has to be at like an optimal time, Like I need to feel level headed and put the right structures in place that make me feel organized and balanced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, especially with Virgo.
Speaker 2: It's so detail oriented that I think having a Gemini moon and then Mars and Virgo, I can get overwhelmed pretty easily if things aren't in order.
Speaker 1: Okay, because your moon squares Mars, my moon trines Mars. But I still notice it is like I don't know, emotions come on very strong. Yeah, that placement like very easy to get worked up.
Speaker 2: And I think whenever my mind is like overworking, which I can overthink a lot, I have a tendency to spiral in my own mind. If I let that get out of that's when it'll lead to like insomnia and more difficult things.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also want to decipher between like how Mars and Saturn can be the most difficult chart placements for people, and like how they differ, Like what types of different kind of scenarios do they bring up? Like I think we touched upon this a bit with Saturn of like how river Saturn is in your chart may feel I don't know, restricted, or like you take it a little bit too seriously and feel held back, like but like you're holding yourself back on the most whereas Mars. Again, maybe this is because I'm Mars in the twelve thousand, it's just like really hard to understand what it's trying to teach me.
Speaker 3: No, I agree.
Speaker 2: I think for me, Mars feels like it's trying to create structure and order in Virgo, where like when I'm focusing on things that are all about like for example, in my day job doing ux design and understanding what people want and then like breaking it down into systems and like consumer drives or flows, That's something that I think my Mars and Virgo is actually where it becomes the strength.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you think like a MARS placement also shows like impatience or like I guess, a tendency to get aggressive. I would say like those are the when I think of Mars, those might be the more challenges that come up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's all about your drive and how you how you go about conflict and expressing like your desire energy aggression in like a healthy way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it really depends on like the sign it's yeah placed in. Yeah, so you know it's hard with it being in the twelve house, You're like, how.
Speaker 1: Do I I know we need more people to weigh in on like twelve twelve thousands? Just hard to understand. Yeah all, but I'm yeah, because you brought up like you've had eclipses and pisces and virgo, you're six and twelfth the last two years, and you feel like you've gotten more in touch with those with that natal placement.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think specifically with the twelfth and sixth house emphasis health has been such a focus and finding like holistic alternatives to health and wellness practices has been something that's really helped like calm my mind, calm like health issues that have come up in the last few years. And that's been I think a lesson of having like also my north and south node in those houses.
Speaker 1: Oh you have that, Natalie too? Is north node in this in Virgo in the twelve Yeah? Oh my god. Okay, Yeah, I feel like this is a question. I get a lot like what is the meaning of north node in twelve south more than six or reversed? Even do you find it's all trying to strike a balance between like rest and work and productivity and then mental and physical health.
Speaker 2: It's kind of confusing as rising because everything's in its opposite sign so for.
Speaker 1: Me, right, because when I've areas rising technically associated with like the first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for me, it's kind of about like blending both Twelfth and Sixth House themes of like the Twelfth House of spirituality the Abyss and the Sixth House of like being more rooted in like day to day life healthy habits, and I think like blending the two finding like holistic practices that really work and support me with having those like day to day routines and structures and finding order in my day to day life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also wonder if like the Twelfth House theme of like helping people plays into like work and trust too. Maybe we didn't even touch upon this, like how you still work a corporate job but you do astrology on the side. Like I wonder if that'll be something that comes up at a later date of like, oh I want to like make this more of my career.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the North Node is where you're heading in your life's direction, so you're constantly going to find ways that are like pulling you towards more Twelve House themes for me, And then I think balancing the like corporate job with all of these interests is probably attributed to my Gemini moon, yeah, and needing constant stimulation and also just like my day to day job is very like analytical and technical, and I needed with a librevizing and Taurus sun venus chart, I needed a way to find a creative world to live and play in. So I think finding those different outlets has been really supportive for my life.
Speaker 1: Your chart is so interesting because we mentioned at the start like the huge eighthous symphasis, and then also like your north note and your mars in the twelfth house. I'm trying to think of like a good question to ask around this, but I just feel like people may look at a chart and be like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You have so many bad placements bad places.
Speaker 1: Is that something that felt like, I don't know, you were like fixated on when you started learning astrology and you're like, oh my god, my chart's awful, and then you've come to realize, oh no, this is actually like kind of makes sense with my life.
Speaker 2: I think that's a question that a lot of people come to me.
Speaker 3: They're like, I have this placement, am I doomed?
Speaker 2: Or this is a really bad placement? But for me, I don't know if I looked at it like that to begin with, I probably wasn't even aware that they were bad placements. I just learned about them in isolation to my chart, and the way that I went about it was like, these are the challenges that I might face, and I'm your chart is really set up in a way for.
Speaker 3: You to find the strengths out of that.
Speaker 2: And work it in a in a way where you're like working through challenges and then that's how you grow and evolve.
Speaker 1: I feel like those difficult charplasons like the Saturdern and the seventh chiren in the first moon and Venus in the eighth is what like initially drew me and got me so obsessed with astrology in the first place, because it was like always those parts of my personality I couldn't quite put a finger on, but I knew it was like different, and then reading about those just like even just googling what is Venus in the eight house mean, it just like all clicked.
Speaker 2: I think that was probably the same for me. It was finally putting words and articulating how I felt in certain ways and giving it a reason and meaning behind having those difficult experiences like as a kid or growing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've spent a lot of time talking about Mars Saturn in Chirn. I want to touch upon Urinus, Neptune, and Pluto too, because if I were to think about, okay, what parts of the chart might be more challenging for people, those three come to mind. Though they're not as like personal to you, it's still is like I think of kind of Uranus and Neptune I have there's like conjunct in my charts. It's kind of like one same energy in the same house, but noticing maybe where things don't feel as stable or there's a lot of like deep transformation or kind of themes of loss. Specifically with Pluto. Do you find where those are placed in your chart are harder areas for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that's an interesting question. I think I have Pluto in the third house in sad and it's actually squaring my moon pretty almost exactly.
Speaker 1: I mean opposite.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is a square your Mars too?
Speaker 2: The square I think it's at five degrees, so not quite squaring Mars, but opposite the moon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And growing up third houses, there's so much a an emphasis around like neighbors, siblings, your like day to day community. And I moved around a lot in my early upbringing, so there was just a lot of change, grief, and like a lot of movement happening, which is also connected to Sagittarius. Yeah, so that could have been a way that like a more difficult aspect of that played out.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like Pluto is easier to get older because I have a similar thing with Pluto in the Fourth House, like family being really difficult as a child, and like a lot of like upheaval and hard situations there. But now I don't really notice that as an adult. Maybe I'm yeah, maybe like I'll have a different opinion when I get to reach my Pluto square in a few years, But I don't know. I'm wondering if there is a pattern of like you get the hard stuff with Pluto earlier on.
Speaker 2: I think that makes sense and something I've noticed with other librarizing specifically, there's a lot of instability or just like upheaval occurring around Third House themes early.
Speaker 1: On with people that are libratising and have Pluto inside. Yes, okay, interesting, but.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: I think it has definitely gotten easier, and I don't think I think about Third House themes as much on a day to day basis, being challenging as being challenging.
Speaker 1: What about Juviornus and Neptune in different signs.
Speaker 2: I have Neptune in the fourth house, which Caricorn in Capricorn. I think the way that that's manifested is my specifically on my mom's side of the family. They're pretty into spirituality, and that is something that has been a theme since my childhood.
Speaker 1: And like passed down to you because your mom has that interest in astrology. How you do that's really interesting, So.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a way that that's played out. Yeah, and then Urinus in the fifth how do you read that?
Speaker 1: That's award one.
Speaker 2: It's almost conjunct Jupiter. So I think Fifth House topics of like expressing my creativity and having creative outlets is something that's just been really crucial to my happiness, and I think that's how I.
Speaker 1: Read that, Yeah, kind of also having maybe more independent creative outlets, yeah, or being like really unique in that way. I'm trying to think of my own Like having Uranus and Neptune in the sixth house, I don't notice it's so much as being hard with work, but more so like having a hard time following routine and like structure like it is really hard for me to wake up early and do the same routine every day.
Speaker 2: And you're lucky you're not in a corporate job, so you can set your own unique routine that works, which is very Erinus.
Speaker 1: Like, this is so interesting and that I was going to say that happened in the lead up to my Saturn return because I wanted to touch there's something else about Saturn and I wanted to talk about for a second. But yeah, also with health stuff, I don't like have a lot of health issues in general as a person, but I do find that when I have something more serious with neptune and the sex, it's like hard to like diagnose, or it's like something very weird often or like no one knows an answer to it.
Speaker 2: I can relate to that with having neptune just lead hands at yeah, okay, And that was a period of time, depending on where other planets were when they would activate that transit neptune, I would have the most confusing illnesses come up where no one could really figure it out at first, and just a lot of needing to find holistic treatments that worked. So, for example, I had jaundice a few years ago that was crazy, which was in twenty twenty two, and I think at the same time Jupiter might have also been.
Speaker 1: It was the Jupiter Neptune conjunction entices, so it.
Speaker 2: Was it was really confusing. For the first two weeks we didn't really know what had happened. But this meal delivery service that I was using, one if their items was contaminated, so I, me and whoever else ordered that developed jaundice, which is really rare.
Speaker 1: And this is like a faded illness that you've got. Yeah, oh my god. So yeah, that's that also brings up an interesting point of like how I guess Pluto, Uranus, and Neptune they've all changed signs in a huge way very recently, and like Neptune now with aries, I wonder if you'll get kind of that sometimes confusing element or like do I need to set better structure here now in your seventh house and like seeing how it's just affecting that one area for a little bit of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I think also with Neptune, it was squaring my mid heaven and then ascendant angle. So Neptune transits trigger a lot of just confusion in your.
Speaker 3: Life path in general. Yeah, it's what I've noticed from that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've noticed that too. I'll happen on my mid heaven when it goes to Taurus. I'm a little worried about what happens to career at that point, but I had it, I guess. Most recently, the major aspect I made was Neptune conjung Venus, my mid heaven ruler, and I just do remember at that time, Okay, what am I supposed to be doing with career or feeling like frustrated, kind of like what's the long term picture here?
Speaker 2: And with Neptune, you're wanting to chart a new, dreamier, more idealistic vision for wherever it's hitting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. And then with Urinus, to contrast, that's more about I sen like I associate Uranus not in a super negative way, more like eye opening new experiences or like wanting greater freedom in that part of your life.
Speaker 3: I think I agree.
Speaker 2: Uranus to me feels a lot more like a creative breakthrough or something that shakes the foundation of where you're standing in a way that opens up a new path that's more independent, more innovative, and it breaks you out of the whatever it was boring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would take a Urinus transit over a Neptune any day.
Speaker 3: Same.
Speaker 1: Have you had a big Pluto transit happen in your adult life, because I'm currently having Pluto. It's stationed retrograde, like almost on my son, and I am noticing it's more subtle. It's kind of like I'm tapping into a bigger like personal power or like self confidence. So I'm not experiencing Pluto in a negative way more so like why have I never figured this out about myself before? Now?
Speaker 3: Like that's so interesting.
Speaker 2: I feel like the Aquarius suns, it's going to be really important to look at what they're working on and what they're putting out in the world because with that Pluto transforming the they're like underlying goals and identity.
Speaker 3: It'll be interesting. It's almost the attention.
Speaker 1: To peeling back and me like, this is who you really are? Ye lean into that.
Speaker 3: I love that. That's really exciting.
Speaker 1: I speak to me in a couple of years, maybe something really dramatic and awful does happen later a Pluto transit, but so far it has been like empowering and I feel better.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's really hopeful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I've had a big Pluto transit. Right now, it's transitting through the fifth and is close to trying my ascendant, but I think it's already past that point.
Speaker 1: I guess your last major one would have been Pluto square or ascendant, but that would have been like because you have such an early libor rising. Maybe that was like two thousand and nine, twenty ten. That's a while ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure. I was in middle school.
Speaker 1: You'll have to think on that. See if you went through a personal people or like something.
Speaker 3: Probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You also mentioned how you don't love Mars retrograde because we have that coming up. I guess we're in like almost June. Now, when was that Mars? That's January tenth, so seven six seven months from now. What challenges do you find surface with Mars retrogrades?
Speaker 2: With Mars, the motivation and will to act and do anything is so much harder for me. I think it also relates back to that Mars and the twelfth, where this is already something that's something that's confusing to grasp, and then when it's emphasized through a retrograde, that energy just feels a lot.
Speaker 3: More daunting and frustrating slow.
Speaker 2: Those are the themes that I notice in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I notice it's hard to pinpoint where to direct your energy. Like there's often a lot of ideas that surface in whatever house it's about to station retrograde in right before the retrograde starts. But then it's like something about this doesn't feel totally right, and you kind of spend the rest of the retrograde being like how do I get this right? Like how does it feel? There's still aligned.
Speaker 2: They restructuring that needs to go on through, and conflicts will arise through the retrograde that you're so frustrated.
Speaker 3: And annoyed by.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you are kind of expecting it because you know that this area needed to be reworked in some way. A really interesting example I was thinking of with Mars retrograde is the last Mars retrograde was in Cancer.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, Leo to Cancer twenty twenty four. He had started the very last month of twenty twenty four. I believe it started early December of twenty twenty four, and then it I think so lasted until late February of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: What was interesting I was looking at Kendrick Lamar's chart librerising and his natal cancer Mars placement in his tenth. In his tenth was it was hitting that chart placement and that was aligned with his like super Bowl performance, his.
Speaker 3: Conflict with Drake and all of that.
Speaker 1: But a lot more public attention.
Speaker 2: So much public attention, and I think he actually found a way to harness his natural Mars in the tenth in a productive way that like put him in this big spotlight.
Speaker 1: Even though like retrograde can be like can make things feel slow down and frustrating, it does cause a lot to happen in that house of your chart, Like more is going on there naturally. Even in like the year leading up to the retrograde happening, You're seeing this stage set for like what's to occur. Like I'm thinking back, what's one I just remember, like having Mars retrograde in aries in twenty twenty, that was September to November of twenty twenty, and that was my ninth house. And like even before that retrograde started, it was like I was obsessed with learning about like spirituality and like going deeper with astrology and like psychic abilities and all of this stuff. It was just a theme for the year, and it just got more and more concentrated when that retrograde began.
Speaker 3: That's so true.
Speaker 1: That was.
Speaker 2: I feel like Mars, there's so much emphasis prior to the retrograde and then also after because you're restructuring whatever it's worked through, and a lot of times there will be relationships or things that get it ended or cut off during that retrograde in twenty twenty. For me, was the last time, I think right during that Mars retrograde was when I ended this year long situationship that I was in and that was.
Speaker 1: A seventh house. Interesting, yeah, I had a seventh house Mars retrograde when it was in Aquarius in twenty eighteen. That was Aquarius Capricorn Mars retrograde summer of twenty eighteen. And this guy that I had been involved with since college kept coming back post grad so many times. That was the final time that was You're done.
Speaker 2: The same For me, it was a cycle repeating, constantly thinking about relationships, and then finally during the Mars retrograde, it was over for good.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so do you already because the next one coming up January tenth to April first of twenty twenty seven that will start in Virgo your twelfth and end in Leo your eleventh. Are you already seen twelveth Eleventh House themes like just the closer we get to that starting be more. I don't know even if they're not frustrating yet because the record still hasn't started, just a greater emphasis on them.
Speaker 2: I think there is definitely an eleventh House emphasis that I feel coming into play, which also relates.
Speaker 1: To Jupiter, the South Node and the South.
Speaker 2: Node moving there. It just seems like eleventh House and my connections people that I'm around are becoming more important. So hopefully that yeah, doesn't cause too much conflict.
Speaker 1: But I loved Mars Retrogad in the eleventh House, Okay, I had that when it was Jemini in twenty twenty two. I felt like more people were supportive. It was a great time for building an audience for my business, Like it just came so much easily, came so much more easily, especially once the retrograde was in effect.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's hopeful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of the more positive ones. I would say it's an eleventh House, but it could bring up ten and with friends.
Speaker 3: And then twelve it's gonna I think I didn't love.
Speaker 2: I think I'm just gonna want to be alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or a huge emphasis on wellness, which you've already experienced what the eclipses there, But I with a twelve house retrograd, it was like the first time in my life I had worked out like in the morning, like every day, Like I've never done that.
Speaker 2: And I'm not doing that right now, so maybe I'll start.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have the retrograde will start in my second house and go back to my first, And I already see the themes being set up of like, Okay, I'm going through this huge first house life change. I'm becoming a mom ahead of that retrograde starting. How does that change my business and how I make money and what I prioritize in my business? And I feel like I'll spend a ton of that retrograde reflecting on it, and then once it ends in April, it'll be like this is what we're doing with work now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and with Mars, it's probably going to be about where should I direct my energy in a way that's most productive and intentional because I have a baby.
Speaker 1: Too, Yeah, exactly, like I'm already thinking about that even though the retrogad is so far away still that's interesting. One other thing, with the difficult planets Saturn, Mars, Chiron, all this stuff we've been talking about, I wanted to go over like how not only the Saturn natal placement in your charts, so like for you you have Saturn and Ares, but also the house is ruled by Saturn, So your fourth house is ruled by Capricorn, your fifth house is ruled by Aquarius, both associated with Saturn. Do you see those getting that same influence that your seventh house has or is a bit easier.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think with the fourth house, the idea of home and family. Family was constantly changing. We were moving a lot growing up, so it was hard to have like a steady foundation of just where we were living our physical home.
Speaker 1: That could also be the Neptune in the fourth house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that also makes sense.
Speaker 2: And then with the fifth house, I think with my creative projects and endeavors, that's always been something I've been super drawn to and super interested in the arts, but there was also this perfectionist tendency of taking it very seriously, not wanting to show anyone what I've created because I'm so hyper critical and taking it super seriously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like everything has to be perfectly done before I put it out there, but then you don't end up putting anything out because it's not very perfect enough exactly. I wonder if, like during your Saturn return, those the topic of maybe moving in her home and family gets addressed, or I don't know, gaining more confidence and creative stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about you? How have you noticed Saturn.
Speaker 1: Because Saturn already is in one of the signs of rules seventh Aquarius for me. But I did notice a lot of Six House themes come up during my return because that's a ruled by Capricorn. Health hadn't. I'm someone that just never took care of my body in my early twenties, like eats whatever, doesn't really work out. That all had to change at the Saturn return because I had like health problems come up and I was just like, oh, it actually is cool to exercise and like take care of myself. I wouldn't. I don't notice the Saturn so much with works the Six House like negative work stuff, I don't notice it as much. I would say, maybe like figuring out what work is worth my time and energy was a big Saturn return theme.
Speaker 3: That makes so much sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like, how was I over extending myself and doing too much work for other people instead of like what I actually care about?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, the I just wanted to call that out because it's like, not only the Saturn placement is important at a Saturn return, but also the two houses ruled by Saturn.
Speaker 2: And I I definitely feel that emphasis coming in where I'm thinking about what I want in like a long term home, and also trying to be less of a perfectionist with creative projects and putting things out there before it feels like it's fully ready.
Speaker 1: It'll be cool to check back in with you in twenty twenty eight, be like what's changed, hopefully. I wanted to end by talking about what are just some other Are there any Is there anything we haven't touched upon that's like a challenging transit that we could talk through. I'm trying to think, hmm, maybe.
Speaker 2: It's top of mind because Saturn just moved through my sixth house, but we've already talked a lot about sixth.
Speaker 1: House, six and twelfth transits in general. Yeah, I mean twelfth the hardest thing I noticed is like falling outs with people, or like things ending or things like not I don't know, being forced to slow down again my will I can.
Speaker 2: Relate to that with the nodes being in the twelfth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you find more difficult twelfth House transit, eighth House or fourth House?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, such a good questions, is the question.
Speaker 2: I would say not eighth because maybe and maybe that's tied to Venus and the sun being there.
Speaker 3: But eighth House feels more.
Speaker 2: Comfortable and like a natural place for me to be. What I find really challenging is twelfth House and fourth because both of those feel like I'm going very internal and spending a lot of time alone. Twelfth I think I can have a tendency to spiral and really like overthink. And then Fourth it just feels like nothing is really happening when I want to be out or doing things. Yeah, but it feels a lot slower.
Speaker 1: My fourth is ruled by Scorpio, and I do notice that's the period of the year I dislike the most. It's like I just hate that internal slow period of the year. Whereas I could say the same about cancer season because it's my twelve. I don't know, I'm gonna have to go with twelfth is my least favorite though, just because it's like you're not as a Leo Rising. I don't like not being seen, Like you're literally hidden with transits through the twelfth and it's if you the harder you try, it's like nothing. Yeah, you could put so much stuff out there and try to get so much going and it's just not going to pay.
Speaker 2: You just have to wait until it enters the first.
Speaker 1: It's like a lesson in patience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, so.
Speaker 1: Those are I would say those are trickier houses for stuff to go through. Also, Yeah, one thing I did want to bring up is like transits that might be overhyped, So like what are transits You're like, oh, I expected this to go so well, but nothing really happened.
Speaker 2: The one that comes to mind is Jupiter. Jupiter puts so much emphasis where you're thinking about whatever house sits in, but it doesn't really like materialize into anything per se.
Speaker 1: It has to be back to wait.
Speaker 2: For other planets to enter and meet Jupiter or it's just this like cloud of anticipation and waiting for things to happen there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you've had Jupiter in your tenth house, and it's kind of been like, Okay, when are things really gonna grow more? What's your career? That I felt the same way with Jupiter in my tenth It was like something I looked forward to so much and then it felt almost just too overwhelming with work, but not in a good way totally.
Speaker 2: I think Jupiter almost puts too much energy into something, but it doesn't really like ground it in anything.
Speaker 1: So it's interesting.
Speaker 2: There's this energy overload where you're spending a lot of timeocusing on wherever it's in your chart, but it doesn't always materialize, and sometimes it's just there to give you a new perspective. I have an example if one of my friends is a Cabricorn rising and she just went through this relationship with Jupiter and her in her seventh house. Yeah, and then it didn't end up materializing into something serious, which she was.
Speaker 3: Really hoping for.
Speaker 2: Interesting, and I think that's so typical of Jupiter. It like introduced her to someone she wouldn't normally date and she ended up really clicking with them, but then it just ended up fizzling.
Speaker 1: I think like there has to be Saturn there for there to be like firm commitment with something. I think so, which is why I like Saturn more as even though it's really hard in the moment, like it actually stuff gets done with Saturn.
Speaker 2: That I think I agree with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there a favorite Saturn or Jupiter transit you have?
Speaker 2: I now, looking back, Saturn moving through my fifth house in the moment felt really difficult, and it was also at the same time as COVID, I was going through a lot of lessons in romance dating and also spending so much time water coloring every day, which felt very Saturn, like you have to do this every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but looking back, I think a lot of that was really helpful and taught me so many valuable lessons in all of those areas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Saturn through the fifth was fun for me too. I was like, this is how I don't know, I had so much fun, like blogging because this was back in like twenty fifteen, like different era on social media, like finding my creative voice. I also love Saturn in the seventh, so I wonder how you'll feel at the end of that. I've liked the seventh a lot more than Saturn in the eighth or the sixth.
Speaker 2: That makes sense I think so far I like it better than Saturn in the sixth, but we'll see how my Saturn plays out.
Speaker 1: And my favorite Jupiter trans is Jupiter in the ninth and Jupiter in the fifth.
Speaker 2: Jupiter in the ninth is when I began DJing and cosmic cocktails at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's such a fun trend.
Speaker 3: It went over my moon okay ninth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like expansive, like you're excited to learn, ye spirament. Oh I love that. Well, we could go on forever, like talking about random stuff, but this has been such a nice chat. Thank you for coming on vaccine.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. It's been so special to be on.
Speaker 1: Where can people find you, book your services everything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm on Instagram as just Maxine Twig and they can find me there.
Speaker 3: And I have a.
Speaker 1: Website Cosmic Cocktails or what your readings are called. Yeah, love, Okay, thank you, Thank you so much. As send some way