Speaker 1: It is apparent the battle lines have been drawn, but are they being drawn in your own personal life as well. We're gonna talk about a battle line that got crossed in my world this morning and how it might sound like your world too.
Speaker 2: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged. It's the Kurell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is the Crowdcast. I am Carell Happy Wednesday. What day is it?
Speaker 1: The twenty ninth Wednesday, the twenty ninth of January. I am so very happy to be here with you.
Speaker 3: Ha ha.
Speaker 1: You know, honesty is what this podcast should be all about. Whether we talk politics or whether we talk anything, it should always be about honesty and where I am in my life and where you are in your life, and how our exchange of views here on the podcast can help my life and can help your life. I have had two exchanges over the last twelve hours which really grounded me, saddened me, and made me aware that these exchanges are going on in everybody's life, and that the election of this felon has really truly divided families, friends, communities, and the country. And it's amazing that seventy seven million people are just twenty four percent of the nation can actually break up families and break up the nation. Quite frankly, explain to you what happened, and maybe you can relate in your world and leave a comment down below at YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, or join my chat room at YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, or for my patrons, leave a comment at patreon dot com. By the way, I have not made this decision yet, but I might be doing the full thirty minute show for the patrons, and you can become one of my patrons for free. You don't have to pay five dollars or ten dollars a month to be a patron over at Patreon, they have free memberships. But I'm thinking of doing the thirty minute show for the patrons and only posting ten minutes of it at YouTube.
Speaker 3: We'll see going forward. I don't know yet.
Speaker 1: We'll see because I want to start giving my patrons more because without them, I really could not do this, and so they need to be special.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Orangeina.
Speaker 1: Is dividing everyone, and this morning I lost someone from my life of twenty five years over or in China, and I'll explain to you what happened. So twenty five years ago in Long Beach, California, I met a gentleman and we'll call him Matt. I met a gentleman named Matt. Maybe his real name, maybe is not real name. I'm not gonna say, but let's just call him m So. I met a gentleman named m and he was wonderful and vibrant and gregarious and in entertainment on television, also a reality show producer. He was handsome and we had a ball. And then he got addicted to meth, like so many people in the gay community do. And I still stayed by his side, and his mother really helped with his rehab, and after moving to Georgia, after some failed attempts at getting clean, he finally got clean and he turned his life completely around and left entertainment to follow his new passion of helping other people in rehab. And he's very good at it. And every day we text back and forth. And he came out here four months ago and stayed with me, and I took him all around Vegas, Hoover, Damn other places. We had a great time. He even and there was a time where we would have even dated. And we still joke about that. So I don't really go into his politics, but unfortunately I do make some assumptions, and one of the assumptions I make is that if you're LGBTQ, that you're going to take offense if part of your alphabet is attacked, and all gays and lesbians, particularly trans, but it's going to move into other gays and lesbians and gay marriage and all of that. Project twenty twenty five are under attack. DEI is under attack. Trans people are under attack, and I just made the assumption that he would never support such a thing or a candidate. But this morning he said he voted for Trump and that he believes there is just two genders, something I once believed, by the way, and I was completely wrong. I used to say, either you're an XX or you're an x Y, and nothing can change that, so you can have all the surgery you want, but you're underneath it.
Speaker 3: All you're still a man or you're still a woman.
Speaker 1: I was ignorant, that was the most and it took me years to change that view, but I changed it and apologize to every trans person that I could because I was wrong, And.
Speaker 3: When I'm wrong, I'll admit it. And I'll apologize. So I was wrong.
Speaker 1: There are many genders, many and your expression of your gender is your business, and you and your doctors should be the ones that make those decisions. And yes, if you're a child, you, your parents, and your doctors are the ones who should make those decisions. I'm here to love and support you for who you are, who you want to be. Okay, So I was wrong for years with my stance on well, there's biology is xx or x y. I was even wrong on that because biology there's people with xx y x y x x x. You know, there's all kinds of chromosoonal humans out of eight billion people.
Speaker 3: So I was wrong.
Speaker 1: So to hear him say that this morning, to hear him say that he supported Donald Trump, that he loves everything that he's doing, the cutting off of the funds to African nations for a HIV medications, the ceasing of the federal grants, the stopping, and then he used the term, I hope he wipes out wokeness everywhere. Now, this is a gay man who has been through substance abuse, lives with his mom in Georgia, saying these things to possibly the most woke individual that he knows, and he has known for twenty five years and used to give me all kinds of props and flowers for being Corella on the radio and being a groundbreaking broadcaster and all of that, and even with the podcast, commended my podcast and you know, staying out there. So this morning, when he said that he supports all this, I said, you know what, I can't be friends with someone who thinks this way because we have nothing in common. If you really believe everything that this man is doing, and if you really believe that voting for him was a good idea, and you're a member of the LGBTQ community, that I'm sorry this friendship has now reached a point where I can't go forward with it because we have nothing in common.
Speaker 3: When I said that to him, he sent.
Speaker 1: Back a lovely text, and that text said, and I'll read it. That text said, I have my own right to my own opinions and beliefs, as you have yours. Canceling our friendship is your doing and you'll have to live with that, not me. You have Trump derangement syndrome, which we will address that in a moment, but I still love you. Sad you can't do that in return, stay miserable, stay godless, and stay alone. You're pathetic. You're stuck in the past doing the same bs you've been doing for twenty five years.
Speaker 3: Get a job.
Speaker 1: Stop mooching off the government because you can't make a living or you can't work. Nobody wants to hear your voice anymore. From a person that I've known twenty five years, that I supported through addiction, that I love.
Speaker 3: Because I told him I can't abide with Trump or his views. That's the text.
Speaker 1: Site doesday friends with someone that sends you that.
Speaker 3: No talk for would we come back?
Speaker 1: Particularly about Trump's derangement video talk about that. Want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe to YouTube videos at the really Correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl, that's ki e l and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 1: Now, first of all, I will say that it hurt because it came from a friend. Well, no, obviously he's not a friend. And second of all, it hurt because you know what, it touched some of my insecurities. I haven't had a nine to five job since nineteen ninety four. I have been an entertainer full time since then, and a lot of people don't understand that, and they have nine to five jobs. And many times I have heard, even from Steve, I have heard, well, what do you know, you don't have a job. When Andrew and I were at KFI, we were told by people we didn't have a job because we only worked from four to seven, when in fact we worked all day. When I was at KGO and worked weekends and filled in during the week I was told I didn't have a job because I just did a weekend radio show which paid more than their full time job.
Speaker 3: And even now I'm told.
Speaker 1: You know, stop being on disability, stop mooching off the government. I paid in to Social Security and to sag AFTRA for forty five fifty years, so if I need the benefit now, that's what it's for.
Speaker 3: But again he attacked that.
Speaker 1: So those are insecurities of mine because I do want to get back to a position where I can get off disability. I know it will be hard because I am disabled. You know, I do have very real physical limitations. However, I would like to find something in entertainment, make the podcast pay more or whatever to where I can actually pay back into the system.
Speaker 3: That is my hope, and that is my goal.
Speaker 1: So that touched a nerve because it is my goal to get off of disability.
Speaker 3: That is my goal.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to feel embarrassed because I'm on it, but it is my goal to get off of it. And that's been difficult because I can't do eight hours a day of anything.
Speaker 3: I can't. My back will not let me.
Speaker 1: You know, I get numbness, I get tingling, I get you know, there are times I can barely stand up. So there are days where I couldn't.
Speaker 3: Show up someplace. Now that's just the way it is.
Speaker 1: And I go to a lot of doctors, and so there are days, sometimes several days a week where I'm out at a doctor. So I'd have to find something like a podcast that would let me be me, but be me at different times of the day, maybe even pre recording that.
Speaker 3: Sort of thing. So but that did touch a nerve.
Speaker 1: And I have been trying to get out more and expand my social circle. So I have been feeling lonely, so of course he knew to attack my insecurities. He knew what my insecurities were. We've been talking twenty five years, so he knew to attack those insecurities. But more importantly, that's what MAGA does now. If you criticize rightfully so what Orangina is doing, they do personal attacks on you. I didn't call him a drug addict. I didn't call him a loser because he lives with his mother and Georgia. I didn't say any of that, you know, I just said I disagree with your stance on these issues, and because of your stance on these issues, we can't be friends. And of course he turned it into this Trump derangement syndrome. It's amazing that Orangina and his supporters always project on others what they have. They truly have a mental illness, and if they want to call it Trump derangement syndrome, they can. But they have it, not me, not you. You're not deluded about Trump, You're not deranged. You know exactly who he is, how bad he is, and how bad what he is doing is. But if you point that out, you're the one that's deranged. If you point out all the negatives about Orangina. Then they attack you personally gay people if we speak against Donald Trump. They make fun of my lisp, They call me a pedophile, they call me a groomer, they call me all these other things because they have no mentality and they have no ground to stand on, and they're just really hateful. They're so filled with hatred for anything not like them that if you dare question the authority of the furor, you must be personally destroyed. So he did what he felt he needed to do, which is personally attacked me and play to my insecurities. So I had to say no more. I also sent a text back after that text and said, thank you very much. You have made this very easy. It is now easy to delete your contact, to block your phone number. You have made that very easy, you know so. And I hate it because he used to be such a good person and now he is not. You know, he thinks calling me godless as an insult. I think if you believe in God, you're insane, So you know that's not an insult. I don't believe in fairy tales. I don't have to have a fictional being tell me what's right or wrong. But I'll tell you this, If there is a God, he and every Trump supporter is going straight to hell because God was about love, diversity, equity, inclusion.
Speaker 3: That's what God was about.
Speaker 1: Any Christian that supports Trump is not a Christian at all. Jesus Christ was about diversity, equity and inclusion. He was the original proponent of diversity, equity and inclusion. They're too stupid to understand that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I know it's not just me.
Speaker 1: I know that many of you are trying to navigate the very dangerous waters right now of what to say and who to say it to, because they have turned vicious. My friend Hannah called me and said another friend of hers was just attacked by a colleague because she's doing the Grammys. Well, I hope those woke people pay you and I help blah blah blah. And this person was attacking her for participating in the Grammys. You, Oh, they're so woke and they're so this and in a mean way. And Hannah was like, when did people get so mean? And I said, they're empowered by this big bully in office. You know, I keep questioning, where's Congress? Why do we pay for Congress? If a president can do all this unchecked, then we obviously don't need a Congress. Save those millions of dollars billions of dollars all told, and get rid of Congress. If they're not there to check the president, if they're not there to make sure he doesn't do any law that's unconstitutional. If they're not there to make and protect the American people from an out of control president, then why do we even have a Congress?
Speaker 3: Get rid of it.
Speaker 1: But more importantly, the dividing lines are clear now, and you're in one of three places.
Speaker 3: Either you're staying.
Speaker 1: Quiet because you're afraid, because you don't want to have these arguments, because you'd just rather forget about it all and get on with your life. So you're either staying quiet, or you're being vocal with your opposition and not letting these people get away with anything and still fighting the good fight.
Speaker 3: Or you want to.
Speaker 1: Leave because you think it's just broken beyond repair and that Americans are not worth your time anymore.
Speaker 3: So you're in one of those three places.
Speaker 1: Either you're going to be silent because you just don't want to deal and hey, I get it, Or you can't be silent because you're someone like me, or you just want to leave because you can't be silent and you don't want to deal with people like this person that I got this text from this morning, because it's too painful.
Speaker 3: And that line, those lines are very clear. Now you know.
Speaker 1: I don't like when people say you're either with us or against us. I don't like that because there is gray areas. I said, although I heard someone clean last night on the New Reacher's Mouse of Asshold ray area. If I watch the New Reature season three, I have a screen of soo sec and you happy if through all the posside.
Speaker 3: So where are you? Hey, Carrel?
Speaker 1: Here? And I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons of Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Correll cast, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's patreon dot com forward slash really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl. There's so much great free content there. It's like having a network on your TV phone or tablet. All social media is really corel, including threads and Instagram, and don't forget the website that's had it all all along, Really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and support show through Patreon at Patreon dot com, forward slash, Really Correl. Thanks from thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 3: So where are we?
Speaker 1: You know there are people in my chatroom at YouTube dot com criticizing me. Oh who is this guy? Steve Burnfield? You don't even You don't even effort to receive quality care for your back. Really, I see a neurologist, an orthopedic surgeon, spine specialists, but okay, uh maybe except walking and the yo guy do every day in the physical therapy I go to twice a week. You're prejudiced against chiropractors. I was told not to see one by two neurologists because they could paralyze me because of my injury. But you don't know that. You're just an asshole with a keyboard and you don't like Jews. Oh really, I don't like Jews. Okay, if you say so, but that couldn't be further from the truth.
Speaker 3: But whatever.
Speaker 1: And see again, this person knows nothing about me, doesn't know my life except on this thirty minutes and the Sittner saying you're prejudiced against chiropractors when I was told specifically to not go to one they could paralyze me because of my injuries. You know, he thinks I hate Jews because I say that Jews are committing genocide. They are, you know, don't hate the messenger. I love the Jewish people. I wish the Jewish people's government was not betraying them by committing genocide. But if you call what's going on in Palestine or Gaza and the West Bank anything but genocide, you're not paying attention. So that is what it is. I do not hate Jews. I hate genocide and any race that commits it. If that's your race, and you don't want me to call you out, stop committing genocide. Pretty simple, but more importantly, again, this is where we are now. Personal attacks against somebody who you don't agree with politically, and I don't know how to solve that problem because it's new.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm of the days where you could live under Ronald Reagan and hate him for his stance on aids, hate him for many things. But never did we get personal about Republicans. Never did we call them horrible names. We called Reagan that because he was He was a murderer. He let millions die of HIV with impunity, you know. But again, now it's all about attack the person, not their views. And so this orangina is completely dividing families, friends, and the country, and he's bringing out the true colors of people who hit it.
Speaker 3: For very long, like my friend m. You know, I'm a gay man. Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I've spoken out against the gay community in two books and thousands of columns. I have criticized my community, but not when my community was under attack. When my community was under attack, I rallied with it. I got in line, I lifted up my signs, I held up my microphone, and I defended it because it didn't need a critic at that point, it needed support. And we're back at that space again where rights are being taken away, not granted, and the way to get rights is not to act like everybody else and go back in a closet and stop being woke. That is not the way to get rights. And so as we divide further and further, I see no resolution except breaking up. I believe the next four years will dissolve the union, and maybe it's time, maybe it should dissolve. But I don't see California, Washington, Oregon. As Trump threatens to cut federal money, cut FEMA, I don't see them wanting to give all their money to the federal government with him doing these things, I just I don't see it, And I don't see us ever having anything in common going forward with these seventy seven million people that mostly live in the South. I just don't ever see those bridges being mended. How do you men bridge when they think you're sick, when they think climate change isn't real, When they think gays and lesbians and trands should not be on an equal playing field, when they think they should control a woman's body, how do you ever.
Speaker 3: Reach a middle ground with that? You can't.
Speaker 1: It's like asking Jews to sit down and meet a middle ground with the Nazis. It was never going to happen. So how do we reach a middle ground with them. We don't because they don't want one. They want it their way, where they control women, where they weed out gays and lesbians, and they blame immigrants for all their woes and it's not an immigration problem. They refuse to take in facts, they refuse to critically think, They refuse to come to the table and try to move forward for everybody on issues that we can agree with. But they won't even agree on climate change. They want to get rid of FEMA.
Speaker 3: So how do you.
Speaker 1: Ever come to grips and agree with these people, or at least try to move forward towards innovation, towards peace, prosperity. America is the unhappiest country around right now. No one's happy. Maga's not happy because they haven't gotten everything they want yet. The left certainly isn't happy. The people in the middle aren't happy. No one in America is happy except billionaires because they're getting exactly what they want. They're getting exactly what they want. So Elon Musk is happy as shit. Jeff Bezos happiest pie on his half a billion dollar yacht. Trump happy as can be. He's back in power, all his sycophons around him happy as can be because they get to take their ridiculous agenda and make it mainstream. But the people I spent sixty nine dollars yesterday on a small bag of groceries. I bought solid chocolate, peanuts, two pears, two oranges, vegan sausage, and vegan chicken pieces sixty nine dollars. No one's happy with that, and yet nothing's being done about that because they were lied to. But don't tell them that because they'll turn on you. So how are you handling this divide? Are you staying quiet? Are you staying loud? Or are you wanting to leave? How are you handling it? I'd love to hear it in the comments down below, or over at patreon dot com, forward slash really Correll in the chatroom YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll? How are you handling? By the way, I only do a half hour show because I can't stand for an hour, okay without some pain. Someone asked, why do you only do thirty minutes? It's because if I do more than that, I have to sit down or I you know it just it hurts my neck, hurts my back.
Speaker 3: So that's why I do thirty minutes, so someone asked that the other day.
Speaker 1: There we have it. Because I can't physically do more, I wish I could. All right, I am Corell. You'll be who you want to be. Song to hurt anybody. We went back tomorrow with thea Austen, lead singer of Snap Soul Searcher. I just heard one of her songs being remade. If you've been to a club in the last thirty five years, I guarantee you have danced to one of her many hits. She's gonna talk dance music tomorrow, and we're gonna play some dance music tomorrow as we do the Club Decades Experience one hour special. That's tomorrow right here on the Corell Cast. Until then, stay safe, decide which side of the line you're on, and move forward, because I know this is breaking up some of your families and breaking up some of your friendships, and I know it's hard on everybody. I think it's gonna get much work. And so where do we go with that? Hibernate? Are you literally looking for a cloud to fuck it all and you can drink it and go to three for four years? I mean, really, what is your plan got four years. Be silent, be vocal or leading.
Speaker 2: It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view.
Speaker 3: Yours.
Speaker 2: Listen daily to the corel cast done. Your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view, yours. Listen daily to the corel cast done. Your favorite streaming service.