Speaker 1: Seven of six fifty four KRC Decalk Station a very happy Thursday tea. It made even happier because we're moving away from politics sort of kind of, and we're talking about restoring wellness in the studio George Brett, mcckeith Tennefel with Restore Wellness. You can find them online at restore Wellness dot org. Guys, great to have you back in the studio. Thanks Brian. Great to be here on the heels of me closing out the last hour with the report on COVID nineteen vaccines and the fact that they hid from us the whole idea that it caused myocarditis. Not to jump out of the gate with just that one, but you know, COVID is an awakening across the board of everything to do with the hell system. Like you said, they covered up the fact they knew that the it was going to cause herd issues, They knew mRNA was a bad approach to doing things, yet they did it anyway. It it's going to keep mushrooming until they actually fix the problem, which is, you know, why are we doing the things that are not actually making people people healthier.
Speaker 2: I don't mean to be sarcastic. But wasn't there some guy named Fauci.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard of that. Maybe my memory. I think he's gone into hiding and that probably is for for good reason. But I know that, and I mentioned it to you because political was reporting on others were reporting on it. I guess RFK Junior is going to be releasing a report today, and it's got some farm advocates and industry protectionists that are elected sweating bullets a little bit because they believe that he's going to make some recommendations that probably eat into their profits. So well, and that's like we were saying, you know, before we came on air, was that the whole idea is what this report might say will actually improve the situation, especially for children for chronic disease, but it might eat into their profits. It's like, come on, guys, if we've got a way to solve the problem, why don't you want to solve it? And they immediately jump to you know, like you were you were saying, the pesticides. If that's the problem, well let's find a different way. They don't do it this way in Europe. They don't do this way. You know, back in the fifties and sixties. There's obviously a way to do farming safely and effectively and cost effective. Let's find those instead of trying to, you know, keep the status quo and keep the roundup going. Yeah, I know, round up gets the finger pointed at it all the time. And I we use it at our house. Well, and somebody had said that the original formulation, if you use it the way it was directed, it's not that big a deal. It's kind of like DDT. It worn't great until people started spraying it everywhere. So I don't know. I think it's going to be interesting to see what's in that report, and even more interesting to, like you say, watch the reactions. Are they going to actually take heed to the recommendations or are they just going to fight them? Right? And it's a worthy endeavor to look into this. I mean, anybody who with their eyes open, who has been on this planet for you as like as long as I have, or even not quite as long, you can just see visually we have deteriorated from a health perspective in our country, I mean, and the numbers bear this out. We have a chronic obesity problem in our country now is why? And why don't we look peel back to Veneer and look at the whys and whereforce is it? Because of the just the absolute overwhelming presence and availability of fast food. I think back when I was a kid one we rarely got it because mom and Dad wouldn't allow it. It was a special treat. But then again, you know, there may be a McDonald's here, but there wasn't fifteen different options on the same street, within the same one or two block geographic area. So we defaulted just it's easy, it's convenient. They make it taste so good. It's like, oh, why would I want to spend a couple hours in the kitchen. I'm going to drive over to whatever and put the processed food. I mean, so you can maybe put a direct correlation between the availability of process and the abundance of processed food. Well, think about the only box that was purchased you from Kroger's in the early days that I remember as a kid was a box for cake. That was about the only thing that my mom would make that came in a box. Everything else you bought, the eggs, you bought, the flour, you bought, the sugar. You made it yourself. We had hosts, ho hos and things like that around the house when I was growing up too, so there was a lot of that stuff out there. It's just a question whether the mom would buy it, right.
Speaker 2: I thought about this topic a lot like what prevents someone from gaining access to better nutrition? If we might have a hunch that, hey, this isn't the good option, well there's really it's a monopoly. The options for really healthy alternatives are not there. And I'm hoping the report with RFK is going to release the opportunity for people to find other opportunities, to go with grass fed, to go with more organic, make it more available. And that's really what's going to change is when we start spending our money in the right direction. The problem is is that direction is not there. We don't know where to go to find all the access to all this good fits right.
Speaker 1: It's going to take a lot of getting information out and a lot of encouragement and a lot of enthusias. He has a support for the concept of eating healthier, all that kind of thing. It's gonna have to be a mind shift, a mindset change where we all decided, you know what, damn it, I'm tired of feeling bad. I'm tired of, you know, being overweight or whatever. I'm sick of feeling unhealthy. You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna step up to the plate and join the bandwagon and start focusing on what's going into my body. Well. And part of the problem is for so long, the whole idea that you shouldn't eat butter, you should eat margarine. Yeah, that was a that was like the beginning of the end. Yet they started focused on cholesterol, and because I had a drug that could control it, I guess. I remember my grandfather, my mom's dad, had a triple bypass surgery, had clogged arteries, and you know, I don't know why or where that came from. I know he was a smoker, and I know there were times in his life he wasn't that healthy even eater. But after the triple bypass surgery, he couldn't eat eggs. They told him, no, you got to stay away from the cholesterol, right, And I just remember him lamenting that he wasn't allowed he ate eggs. I guess a lot all the time, every morning or whatever. My grandma, my dad had six a day growing up. Yeah, when he was in his spurt. Yeah, in cigarettes, they're disgusting. They destroy the body in so many different ways. And everybody a cigarettes. Well, no, he was. He was totally. He was a lot of spoke. He would sneak them. I remember he got busted. He he used to like to uh to usher at golf events because he loved golf. And so when they would have an open or some of the you know, the celebrity golfers to come to town, he would volunteer. You know the quiet sign guy holding that up anyway front page of the sports section. I never forget this. There he is, he's walking in a field of people down the fairway when the pro golfers were in front. He's got a cigarette danging out of his mouth. And my grandma presented in like busted. Yeah, he would, he would sneak them, but you know, they're a very addictive thing. And he well, and so you're you're on the tracker. So you've got addicted cigarettes. And then the Surgeon General, which is something we want to talk about. Surgeon General comes out and say you have to put this warning there because they're so bad, we need to warn people about it. In nineteen sixty four, Surgeon General's report. So then after that, what do the cigarette companies do Because they're worried about losing profits. They buy all the food companies. And what do they do. They take the same scientists that made cigarettes addictive and now they make food addictive. So the whole switch to high fructose corn syrup is sugar gives you the rush and it goes through your system and then you know it takes care of it. But some reason, high fructose corn syrup is much more addictive. You get the hit, but then you want more, and they put all these other additives in there strictly so that you will feel like you want to eat more of the product, not because it tastes better. And there are studies to back up what you are saying, Yes, yes, easily go to like we were just saying, go to groc you can. You can ask any of the AI give me the studies on you know what film Morris and R. J. Reynolds did after you know the cigarette warning, and they'll tell you they bought all the food companies and you know the cigarette warning. I say what you want about the mandates and edicts, and you know they My position isn't so far as the back of litigation was concerned. Listen, if you started smoking after the nineteen sixty four Surgeon General support came out, then you know you shouldn't be entitled anything period. You're the same as the ingredients list on food. Now, if you look through that list, you see I fruit crusted corn syrup, sunflower oil, soybean oil, you know, and then you see all the monasudium, gluedenmate and all the preservatives. It's like, you know, a man, if the list for something called apple sauce has got fifteen elements in it, yeah, and apple is just one of them, you're probably not gonna want to eat that. Yeah, well okay, And they see that's my default position anymore. And I know, like we can talk about carbs and the good and the bad and whyse and wreforce, but you know, ever since my wife's been making sour dough bread every week and we've been eating sour dough bread now for like six months, I just love it. Every week, a new loaf of it, and so you know it's got in it's got flour and sour dough starter and some water and there's nothing else in it. And you look at a loaf of wonderbread or something from the store, and it's got all these ingredients designed for shelf life and for transportation. And they never put ingredients so that when you squish it it bounces back. Yeah, rubbery, Oh my gosh. We'll continue. I know we're kind of in like a free form conversation here. We'll get focused here. It's Restore Wellness dot Org. Lots of research materials over there on the available on the Restore Wellness dot Org page. We'll hear more from Georgia and Keith. After I mentioned my friends at Colin Electric for residential electric projects, you were in the best possible hands when you call Andrew Cullen and a team at Color Electric, locally on and operated since nineteen ninety nine, eight plus with a better Business Bureau, been in my house a whole bunch of times. I like the personal experience I had because I can speak with clarity and honesty, and they are great electricians and the price is always right. They do great work, and that's why they have an A plus of the BBB. You get a ten year wiring warranty on anything they do for you and your home. Knob and tube upgrades, wiring aluminit of wiring upgrades. Bigger projects. Those are maybe you just need an outletter to or can lights installed? If it's electric and you got a house related it, it's Colin Electric Online, Culling, cee ul E and Coulenelectriccincinnati dot Com. Here's the number. It's five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two. This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station. Let's speak H channel line first, one to one. Forecast today a cloudy day for the most part, maybe some spotty afternoon showers. Fifty nine for the high today, over night little forty five to decreasing clouds, a mostly sunny Friday. I have a sixty four, few clouds over night forty seven and what they described as a fantastic Saturday with partley cloudy. Sky's in a highest sixty eight fifty five degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update from the uc UP Tramphanates Center. From pregnancy in menopause to healthy aging. The women's health experts that you see health offer personalized care with the newest treatments, but mart you see how forward slash women cruise continue to work with the accident with injuries that's on King's Mills. Let the southbound seventy one ramp. Traffic on the highways not bad at all on southbound seventy one. Making your way into downtown less than twenty minutes from Fields Rtle, Kingbramont fifty five KRC the talk station seventeen come up with seven twenty fifty abou KRCD Talk Station Restore Wellness dot Org. George Runnem, Keith Tennefield in studio talking health generally speaking, and I know we can pivot directly over to doctor Casey Means, who's been nominated by Donald Trump for Surgeon General. And she's she's in bed with you guys in your perception of health generally speaking. She was a trained surgeon, and apparently at one point she put her scalpel down, she said. According to the article that I consulted, it was written about her noticing the recent rising chronic illness, dimansia, diabetes, and obesity. Says she became disillusioned with the medical field at e ended up putting down her scalpel forever. This according to discussions she had on Joe Rogan program last fall and decided to focus on the root causes of why Americans are getting sicker and believes the core problem is metabolic health. Wrote a book on it with her brother, Good Energy, The Surprising Connection between Metabolism and Limitless Health, became a bestseller last year, and talked about eating healthily, sleeping more, leading an active lifestyle and that's I guess the key to good health of those you know, it's a simple formula generally speaking. What's your guys take on this? And is she in any way controversial? It sounds to me like she's writing RFK Junior's camp. She is in the the RFK camp because of training. RFK is a politician that wants to talk about health. She's a health professional that wants to talk about health. And the book Good Energy, the whole first third of the book is about her journey to this awakening of metabolic health. And it started because her her mother got pancreated cancer and died, you know, with a very short period of time. Oh no, kidding. So she she looked at that and said, okay, here's there were warning signs for years, you know, starting with the fact that Casey Means was a very large baby. That's an indicator if you've got insulin issues. So she's she kind of started this journey saying, look, there were all these signs that my mother was was on this path to a problem, and nobody did anything about it because each she know, she was seeing a heart specialist about high blood pressure, she was seeing, you know, somebody else about diabetes, and so nobody was looking at the big picture. And so she sort of took this step back in her outcome the Good Energy Book as saying that you know the reason for the chronic problems is bad energy. Your cells aren't producing energy properly because of insulin resistance, because of the food you eat, because you're you're sitting in front of a computer all day instead of walking. And that was the other thing I wanted to hit on last time, was ranting about all the available bit of fast filled and fast process food. We just are sedentary as a as a society. It's right. So the key thing with her appointment now is Surgeon General's There's so many aspects to this that are important. The first was she's replacing a candidate that was nominated that was pro vaccine, pro covid. This person. The previous appointee was in favor of the lockdowns and the masks and all that crap Fauci approach. Yes, and so when Trump finally woke up to hey, people really don't like what happened during COVID, Casey is the obvious person to go to after that because she doesn't talk specifically about vaccines much, but she's very focused on what's the root cause, what's the big picture? How do we get to the hell? So she's this trillion dollar threat and so you've seen the violent protests of her appointment. It's because unlike MAGA didn't really threaten anybody. It was a different way of ruling the country, right, it was a political thing. Yeah, Maha threatens healthy again, make America healthy. Threatens big agriculture, it threatens big pharma, it threatens the healthcare industry because if we start focusing on fixing the problem instead of treating the symptoms, these people are going to go bankrupt. And the analogy I like to use is, you know, if you go outside in the morning and your your tireso flat, it's lost air. So the first diagnosis is, well, let's just pump more air into it, right, you pump air. It works for a day. You come back the next morning it's low again. You haven't got the cause I haven't got rid. So I pump more air in, and then I go see a specialist, and the specialist says, we'll tell you what. We got this pump that you can screw on and leave on and so it'll pump it full of air every ten minutes. Well wait a minute, how about just spraying some soapy water on it and clogging the hole that you're find figuring out where the hole is. And that's where medicine is today. We're always about pumping more air in instead of looking for the hole.
Speaker 2: And the industry is really teaching these new medical residents to go with their big tech, big medicine, you know, alternatives instead of saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, well how did we used to do it? That worked pretty well.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of really old, even twenty years ago ways of treating people that did a really, really good job. But because something's new and inventy're like, hey, we got the new refrigerator, we got the new this. You should buy this because this is gonna be way better. Really, the old stuff worked just great. Same thing with the medical industry. There's a lot of really great old options that are cost effective. The medications are cheap, and you can really get somewhere if you need to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know that that's so called off label use. You get uses that are out there already, Like you know, Ibermectan is a prime example of that. It does have broader applications than the you know, the the the authorized use form that it has. You just need a physician that knows what they's.
Speaker 2: I think the really sad part is that we're we're hurting our children with this potential to make money, and that's the disturbing thing. Mothers and fathers need to really get aggressive and get engage in this healthcare crisis that we have because our children are being hurt every single day that someone is trying to make money off of illness, and it's ridiculous. We need to stop that right now and get our children healthy by doing what's.
Speaker 1: Right, maybe they'll develop a pill for that station. The only real estate team I'd ever consider hiring if I needed a buyer or seller's agent, it's the Shabri Group of Caloriam Seven Hills. They're outstanding of what they do. The number one real estate group in the greater Cincinnati area. The mission your five star experience and they'll they'll deliver on that easily instant offer program love that one. Don't want to show your house. I've been down that road before. Actually my wife did the laboring or on that. We sold our house in Oak Park, Illinois. But you got to show it. You got to make it sure it's clean. You got to get out of the house when they're coming to show your house. It's a pain in the keyster called Peter Shebierkeloriam seven Hills and their team. Within forty eight hours of them seeing your home, you'll have a cash offer, which means you can close as shortly as three weeks from your contact initial contact with them. Love it or leave it? If for you're a buyer's agent. They get you in a house you think you love it, but within the first year you say nope and this is a bad choice. They'll sell it for you for free. That's their commitment to you. Cash. The Keys will leverage a cash offer on that house you're looking at the just and then the Patriot program, which I Dare love developed by veterans to help patriots buy and sell their homes. Bottom line is ten percent of the supre group commission goes back to you as a rebated closing. If you're in the group of veterans, police, fire and ems. Check it all out online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com call them up. Put a five one three in front of it five one three seven zero eight three thousand, fifty five KRC. Hi, uh, here's your channel nine first one to what obecast two. Day it's gonna be mostly thirty day, possible light precipitation in the afternoon. Fifty nine for the high today down to forty five over nine, decreasing clouds, a beautiful day Tomorrow, mostly sunny skies, sixty four for the hot a few clouds every night down to forty seven, and Saturday a partly cloudy day and a highest sixty eight fifty five degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update.
Speaker 3: From the Ucumptraumphink Center.
Speaker 4: From pregnancy and menopause to healthy age, the women's health experts at U see help offer person of Mino's care with the newest treatments.
Speaker 3: Learn more.
Speaker 4: You see how dot com forward slash women crews continue to work with the wreck on King's Mills of the southbound seventy one ramp into downtown. That's a little tougher. Come on be a Parkway. It's bocked off at the sixth Street ramp to get ready for taste fifth Street walling up to come on, be a parkway.
Speaker 3: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty here, but about cares the talk station Talking health with George Bretter McKeith, Tatnefeld. You can find their website Restore Wellness dot org. You guys do a podcast, don't you we do? Haven't done it in a while. The last one was on COVID five years later. What do we know? Okay, it's there's still fire things out about COVID. As I mentioned earlier about the uh this this, this release of the information yesterday and that investigation. Now going back to Casey means the Surgeon General and looking like I guess you will get appointed. I don't know. I guess there's some protests over her and the talking about vaccines, cause she's sounds like she's pretty anti vaccine. I think she's more like we were saying the fifty that you have to take to a newborn.
Speaker 2: It's just ridiculous. It's reasonable vaccine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she has quite I was reading an article about while we were talking earlier. She's questioned why babies are inoculated within the first few hours of being born, saying the claims of practice puts people on a pharma treadmill for life. Her comment, that's a quote from her.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And she also pointed out, for example, said newborns don't need to be vaccinated for hepatitis B shots. Well, it's a sexually transmitted disease or an IV drug user disease. So yeah, for a newborn, they're not sexually active and they haven't yet become IV drug users. But mom could be infected. And I think that's one of the arguments. But you can test for hepatitis BE at you, yes, very easily, and so if mom has B, then you give baby, the baby the vaccine. But other than that, it doesn't seem like it will be justified. But that's just one of a multitude vaccine that children's gets. And I understand the anti vaccine argument. I am not. I haven't sipped the kool aid yet to believe that it causes autism and all these other problems. I don't know. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on radio. But I am glad that, for example, there's a polio vaccine because there used to be rooms full of people on iron lungs. Right, Well, people don't get polio anymore my vaccine, that's why.
Speaker 2: So well, let's just talk about the outcome of if case means was to get in and how that would change the way we look at our food, our diet, our exercise, our hospice, vaccine schedule, and.
Speaker 1: A vaccine schedule.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a very proactive movement to get our families healthy again in America. And if you don't have a healthy America, you don't have a healthy agriculture, you don't have healthy economics, you don't have healthy anything. Healthy brains be able to come with inventive.
Speaker 1: And I guess we could probably achieve this, as I mentioned earlier, through an education program. Very few people smoke cigarettes now, why because there has been a massive effort over the years to talk about how smoking is bad for you. And the idea, and I don't like law was telling restaurant owners you can't allow smoking in the restaurant if you want to avoid business, if you want to drive people away by allowing people to smoke in the restaurant, fine, But if you want to be the restaurant where smokers can be welcome and enjoy that. See, I'm a libertarian. That's my philosophy of life. But overall, the ad campaigns, the marketing campaigns, the public education campaigns that I talk about smoking has really been quite successful. Right, And the opportunity that Casey has is to restart the discussion. Let's let's look at the food pyramid. Do you really need eleven servings of carb no every day and only one serving one to two servings of protein. It's like, let's just take a look back and look at this thing from an actual database, not a marketing base. Do we have what is search that really truly shows what the best diet is? Because it's like opinions are like sphincters. Everybody's got by far, the best diet is more of a Mediterranean green protein slash with omega threes and vegetables. I've been hearing that for years, right, but we don't do it. And the other concept is that if casey means really does. What she's going to want us, you know, to get involved in, is what about these insurance companies that are jacking at prices and reducing the access to affordable good care and everybody's competing. Now, if you can take away the stress of someone saying, hey, I can't afford to get healthy, and you get that more baseline where we can actually have affordable health care that allows us to actually have affordable access to good food as well. Instead of spending all of our money in insurance companies and premiums of medical costs, we can take that money and put it into ourselves. We can put it into healthy organic food, healthy good filtered water, good exercise, gym memberships. Well, that's one of the directions many health insurance policies have gone. They will pay for or companies that provide medical insurance for their for their employees will pay for the annual physician visit they encourage it. They will pay for a gym membership, they'll pay for even running shoes. My wife works for a company that does that. So the incentivization to get in and be treated and be cared for by a doctor before you get sick. If you get them on that wellness plan or get them on a healthy eating schedule. That's a good idea, and I think we have taken steps to move in that direction.
Speaker 2: And I think you're right. I think education is a very very big point. And we spend a lot of time at our job, right, So I think it would be good if some of these CEOs and larger companies give us a call and we can come out and speak to them and say, hey, how can we make your industry healthy? What are some tips that we can have with your employees. They can get them tuned up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Rather than doing diversity, equity inclusion class and talking about that woke pronouns and things, maybe get people in and talk about a good diet like whatever the Mediterranean diet happens, being explained, what that means and what you should be eating, rather than the bag of Doritos and the giant bottle of mountain dew that's on so many people's desk. I work with a woman every single day, big bag of Dorritos and a couple of mountain dews a day. Oh you know how bad that is? It just makes me. It gives me a migraine just to think of that anymore anymore? Yeah, anymore and a shout out to my mom. You know why, because growing up we were only allowed one soda a week on Saturday period, Saturday night. Yeah, Mary Tyler Moore Carabernet, one soda period, end of story. You were not allowed to be really close to the same age. I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 2: Always gave us the last of that four ounces after he poured his twelve ounces. We had that four ounces at my twin and I had to share, sit back and forth, and that was a thing.
Speaker 1: Seventh thirty sixthey five KRC the talk station. Foreign Exchange. Any kind of car you got, it's traditionally imported, even if it's an exotic one. Foreign Exchange will take great care of you and charge you less than the dealer. And that's the point less than the dealer. But you still get an a SC certified Master technician working on your car. They do have data access to your manufacturer's technical information. Last time I was there, they told me the story about this under warranty Honda guy brought it in there because the dealer said, there's nothing here, there's nothing wrong. It's like, well, do I know there's something wrong, it's not running right. Well, we don't find any codes. Well, guess what Foreign Exchange has. The exact same software hooked it up and it was filled with all kinds of codes. So he took the list from Foreign Exchange and he took it back to his dealer, who then admitted, day, well, okay, you're right. That's kind of thing Foreign Exchange will do for you. Good people out there. But ultimately, your bottom line is the bottom line. They charge less. So whether you have a traditionally imported manufacturer from Asia Europe or a tesla there licensed to do teslas as well, you're gonna save money and they'll treat you great. I assure you that the west Chester location is what I'm specifically talking about, because that's where I go. Tylersville, egsit off by seventy five East two Streets, right on Kinglin. You're there on mine, you're there at Foreign XP in the letter x dot com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six six four four twenty six, twenty six fifty five car the talk station Ted and I weather forecast. We have a cloudy day today, maybe some light precipitation this afternoon fifty nine will be the high overnight low of forty five with clouds. It'll be sunny tomorrow for the most part, sixty four for a high over night Friday, it's going to be dry forty seven with a few clouds. Saturday, they say is looking fantastic, partly cloudy, high at sixty eight to fifty five. Right now. Traffic times.
Speaker 4: From the UC Health Traffic Center from pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging.
Speaker 3: The women's health.
Speaker 4: Experts and you See help offer personal wise care with the newest treatments learned park at you See health dot com. Forward Slash Women crews continue to work with the wreck on King's Mills at the southbound seventy one ramp in snathbound seventy one, then beginning to slow down through Blue Ash fifth Streets balked off downtown between Walnut and come Umbia Parkway to get ready for days of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Think About krcity Talk Station in studio George Bunning and Keith tennfil talkinghealth Restore Wellness dot org. You can find them online and at some point they'll release a new podcast. You can search for that in the meantime, and uh, the kind of the joke here, we're going to be speaking about how do you live to be one hundred and twenty? And I commented like, well, assuming you want to live to one hundred and twenty, because you need the default responses, Well, if I'm that old, I'm gonna have all kinds of problems, right to be in bed or be in a hospital or hooked up to some machine. And you know how people suffer the terrible quality of life. It's my dad going downhill with Alzheimer's. You know that was no, that was no quality of life. What's right towards the end? It's just it's just painful to think about it. But how do you do it? You stay healthy? If you could be healthy, you might want to live longer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you had all the faculties moving and grooving like some of these centurions do. You know, they're nice and calm, but they're just slower moving. But you know, they kind of got all together. And what's one really interesting common thing is that they're not frazzled, they're not stressed out. They're just kind of, hey, what's going on today?
Speaker 1: You know, like It's almost as if they've gotten into default mode that every day of being alive and having your faculties as a gift from God, and you're just sort of gonna enjoy it. Why you can't and you come to a period where you can't appreciate it, like vast majority of us don't exactly live in the moment, right. Well, and that's the key. I think. As you get older, you get this larger perspective on things that let you sort of say, well, that's not important. Why do I care about you know, the kids five minutes late for his baseball practice. You know, in the grand scheme of things, that's not going to hurt the gratitude can and right the social emotional side of it, you know, being comfortable with what's going on is probably the biggest thing for long term health, you know, not having that stress. And this is someone who can spend his entire career being stressed. No, And I understand, and you know, I'm usually quite anxiety written, and I've read a lot of articles and research that's been coming out more and more, I mean, just an exponential increase in the volume of literature out there about meditation and how important it is mindfulness clearing your mind of thoughts and not you know, and allowing your brain sort of arrest. So what's really interesting.
Speaker 2: And I've done meditation and yoga a lot, and so I believe that I have a pretty good analogy of how this works. But a neuroscientist once said, and I thought this was phenomenal that when you're breeding without thinking about it, you're using your your animal brain, your lower brain, your your small brain, if you will. And as soon as you decide to take over your breathing, as soon as you decided I'm gonna breathe now, your frontal lobe gets activated. And the frontal lobe is the main difference between any other mammal species we have on Earth. And when we activate our frontal lobe, and then we're starting move into higher thinking, conscious thinking, all kinds of those. And it's obviously important not to overthink. But my point being is that you get yourself out of that fight or flight brain, that reptilian brain, and you move it into the frontal lobe where you can find rational peace and commons and gratitude.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't focusing on breathing and breathing exercises and techniques. Isn't that one of the one of the reasons for medical reasons, it's it's involved in meditation, is yoga, because if you're focused on your breathing and counting the number of seconds or otherwise, you know consciously you're not thinking about something else. It takes your mind away from the crap of the day that might be flowed through your brain. Is like sody. People have difficult time going to sleep at night. They lay down and immediately they're flooded with oh my god, I can't believe I said that earlier day. I believe I can't believe what I got to do tomorrow. It's the worst possible time of your life to start thinking about things that are going to drive your anxiety levels up, or that are going to give you psychological concerns or problems. It's interrupting your sleep. Well, it's just the number two thing you have to worry about.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 1: So after mental health, it's sleep.
Speaker 2: The last thing I remember thinking of before I go to bed is I'm going to start breathing, And soon as I start breathing, actually I'm falling asleep. Yeah, so you know, we real quick. Some things that talk about how to live to be one hundred and twenty. Obviously, the things that you know that you need to change if once I mentioned them, is your water, is it filtered and is it adequate? Number two is your diet? Are you doing a good diet? Number three? Are you exercising? Are you doing the things that get your butt move? And especially in a society where we sit all day, are you spending one to two hours actually moving in a very healthy way? Number four is your sleep. You got to maintain and optimize your sleep and make that a priority. Don't stay on your cell phone, rolling through the middle of the night or getting up really early to make yourself a pot of coffee. Then when you know you could be geting a couple hours of sleep. And then fifth is that relationships and then relationships not just with other people, but with yourself. Are you being honest with yourself? You're taking care of yourself? Are you loving yourself? Those top five are the basics, and you know how to fix that, But there are some biohacks that you can be starting to do that add to it.
Speaker 1: All. Right, let's get the biohacks. We'll take a quick break care of bring them back for one more segment before we get to Jason Riley with a new book, The Affirmative Action Myth. He'll join the program at the top of the hour. News in the meantime, a strong recommendation you get in touch with the USA Insulation have your home inspected. They'll do it for free. Find out if you're under insulated or you don't have insulation. So mid seventies and before probably no insulation, and then after there's a period where the old insulation wasn't sufficient r value. Of course, it was what they had at the time. That was my daughter's house, for example. We got the USA Premium Foam as a housewarming gift for Lauren and Eric and they only had to run their air conditioning like one time this year, so it really is very comfortable at their home. That's one thing you'll notice from day one. Improve comfort. But when you are using your system HVAC, you're going to save money. The product will ultimately pay for itself and you may save more on your monthly energy bill than the price, which is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. It does an amazing job so for comfort improvement and of course energy saving. It's one thing in the world that can guarantee your return on investment. USA's premium phone made right here in the state of Ohio. Get the free inspection by calling five one three three eight one three sixty two six. That's five one three three eight one phone. Check out out online. Learn more at USA Insulation dot net fifty five, KRC dot com fifty here's your ten to nine first one in ONFOLCA. It's going to be a cloudy day to day. Uh maybe afternoon showers fifty nine for the high tonight, clouds will decrease. It will drop the forty five to Marris high sixty four with mostly sunny day clouds to move an in in the afternoon, a few clouds over night, drop to forty seven and a high of sixty eight on Saturday with partly fotty sky fifty five. Right now, let's get a traffic up.
Speaker 4: Take from the Using Out tramphings center from pregnancy and menopause to healthy aging. The women's health Experience you See help off our personal lives care with the newest treatments. Learn more at you See health dot com. Forward slash women North Bend seventy five. Slow out of floor. It's into the cut than heavy above seventy four to were broken down in the right lane at the lateral. They cleared the problems on King's Mills at the south Bend seventy one ramp Fifth Streets blocked off with Walnut to come on be a Parkway to.
Speaker 3: Get ready for taste. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty five KRC detalk station at a Thursday, call it Friday, Nay, I always love my Friday show at the five krse War Show, but I always enjoy talking with George Vernon and Keith Tennant felt about health issues generally speaking, touch on a whole variety of topics this morning, and Keith teased, did going into the close of the last segment about some bio So you gave us all the information about stuff we coun do generally try to eat better, sleep better, that kind of thing. But what are biohacks and what are you talking about specifically, Keith?
Speaker 2: So, biohacks are unique ways that we know that we can alter the aging process, improving mitochondrial function, slowing down the oxidative stress that causes our body sells to age and therefore die. So if we can slow that process down, we have a really good chance of living a little bit longer. Number one is intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting allows you to have cellular regeneration, improve cellular regeneration, and can improve metabolism, and it gives your gut a chance to rest.
Speaker 1: How long, Yeah, that's always at I know exactly, just going to ask that.
Speaker 2: It depends, you know, how much of a.
Speaker 1: Warrior are you.
Speaker 2: But the standard, probably most tolerable one is a sixteen eight. You know, you're fasting for sixteen hours and you're eating for eight hours, and that means basically skipping a breakfast or a dinner every meal and you kind of crunch there's a lunch and a dinner or a breakfast and a lunch together, and making sure you're drinking plenty of water during that process and again make sure it's filtered. And number two is incorporate some type of high intensity training where you really get your heart rate up and then you let it come back down, get it up and then get it back down, kind of pushing into what we call zone two zone three metabolism, and it really enhances mitochondria function and creates a lot of internal into sense friction that allows metabolism to spark up because you need that heat in order for metabolism. So HIT is a really really good way to do it. So HIT high intensity training. Third, believe this or not. If you really want to kind of avoid some of the benefits of stem cell repair through long term fasting, you can do cold plunging or cold showers. Oh yeah, I know, and now I know it's very uncomfortable, but I guess what it is. Three minutes of discomfort can give you a longevity of maybe years to your life. If you're stimulating stem cells. That can help you rebuild your body, enhance mitochondra function.
Speaker 1: So backing that up, that jumping into an ice cold water three minutes will actually do this. They're old shower workers that have to be showers work pretty well as well, and it helps produce a lot of good neuro chemistry too. When you're hot water, all comfortable in the shower, I'll say, and it's gold. You can actually produce some. Now, again, you have to be a you have to be kind of a warrior. You have to be a man, you have to be someone who can tolerate this stuff. If you're a wimp, then it's not for you. I encourage you not to be a wimp. That was a shot at me.
Speaker 2: Maybe I though I was looking at both of you, but anyway, So the fourth one is a NAD supplement. NAD supplement that is a precursor of the mitochondria that really helps with energy and mitochondrial health. And NAD is poorly absorbed orally, so sometimes you have to get its byproduct or its precursor, which is antikamide mononuclide, which is endy.
Speaker 1: These supplements there are something that you can get somewhere or.
Speaker 2: They're readily available, okay, and you can reach out to us and we can hook you up.
Speaker 1: And you can give me that. I'll put that up on the website where we can find some of that.
Speaker 2: I'll put that Road Nutrition has a lot of these products are the kind of the leader in some of this advertising. But n M and is a precursor for NAD, and THATD is really really important. Fifth is ut health. We sometimes ignore O gut health predominantly because we destroy it with all the fast food. But if you can eat healthy and you take intermittent probiotics such as Basilli's ruteri. Basilli's ruteri is a fantastic probiotic that we uh as babies have and then we take our first course of antibotics and there it goes out the door. But Basillis ruteriz is a great probiotic that you can intermittently use, especially if you've taken antibiotics recently. Keeping a gut health is the optimal way to improve your immune system. And anti aging six is sauna therapy. It's sweating it out, getting all those oxidative stress out of your body through sweating it out. Then if you can incorporate a sauna with red light therapy. Red light therapy again is another antioxidant therapy that helps promote mitochondrial health.
Speaker 1: But is that one that they have the studies behind. When I first saw red light therapy, it's like, okay, this is rock sand, I know what red light therapy is. Oh yeah, yeah, I call that you got well on the up pick there, George.
Speaker 2: It's too many years with red LEDs, right, So just look into the research that you'll be impressed. I think there's a lot out there, and it's just red light therapy. It's not harmful and you can just sit there and hang out, read a book while it's been exposed to it. Great for face, great for wrinkles, great for thyroid, great for brain health. So and it's easy. You don't have to do anything. So we talked about the red light therapy. We talked about breathing exercises. But sometimes people say, oh, this is damn yoga people. It says, damn you know, sit there and stretch and write. But really, just focusing on your breath, taking deep breaths, especially when you're sitting all day, you'll find your lung stretch open and you really breathe and oxidize or bring oxygen in your body and regenerate itself. Imagine if you did that every hour, you took fifteen deep breasts every hour you set your alarm, Oh here's my breathing, and you just we did that ten times every hour. You'd be a different person, especially for the way you get rid of it. All right, well, i'll tell you what you guys.
Speaker 1: Add this stuff to will or tomorrow. Great, you'll update the website to include the information. A couple other tips that Keith didn't get a chance to get to George Brenamanc Keith Tennefeld. Thank you for passing along the good news, the information, and the opportunities for us to improve our health. And we'll look forward to having you back on down the road a little bit and stay in touch with you through your website Restore Wellness dot org. Folks, stick around. Jason Riley the Affirmative action myth after the top of our news. Then Jay Ratt left at eight thirty UR. iHeartMedia aviation expert. I hope you can stick around. News happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: Not gonna be complicated.
Speaker 1: It's going to go very fast. Fifty five KRC the talkstation. This report is sponsored by me