Speaker 1: Yes, yo, it is too to day. May thirteen, twenty twenty five. This is Sparta. I'm your host, Jason straight Horn along my co host Cedric Swerving Irving.
Speaker 2: Hit him with the swerve, Hit him with the swerve, hit him with the swerve. Er erth straight dog. What's going on? Baby? Hey? Man, hey, living a life? But how are you doing?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: I saw you with the chorus I even hand.
Speaker 4: Oh man, this course is for you. You remember that commercial? Yeah, shout out the coorse man.
Speaker 2: No, no doubt about it. Man.
Speaker 1: If this is your first time joining the show, you want to welcome you. This is not we thank you for your loyalty, and please do not forget to hit the liking subscribe buttons helps a whole lot. Done, cost you a thing and let us know where you're watching from outside of a low hot in Hawaii with Woody Car because he was here, I mean boy twelve thirteen pm in the chat Ready to Rock and Roll had a little technical difficulties, so that's why we were a little slow. But we're good now, swerve, So talk to me about your weekend, man, I mean, it's been a long week since we've been on here.
Speaker 2: Talk to me oh straight man.
Speaker 4: First of all, had a chance to go out there and check out a formal All American, All Everything, all NBA went out the Golden State to check out a playoff game on Saturday. Was out there on the West coast. Man got back Draymond. Yeah, got to see old dre Man.
Speaker 2: Draymond gave me a handshake during halftime. Made me feel good. After that, signed a few autograph.
Speaker 4: People thought I was somebody, so I played it off. And then today, Man, today was a big day man down at img Man.
Speaker 2: I heard somebody say it looked like it was CIA Bowl. Man. They had a hell of a day today.
Speaker 4: It was probably every college coach I know. It was every college coach in the top fifty. Easily sprinkle some other guys in there too, and it was a good showcase for those kids.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: I was proud to be out there alongside of you. Man. That was a good day today.
Speaker 1: Saw some old Spartan dog in the house too, Max Buller and Will Goldson was in the house, you know, and you some Max Buller the linebacker coach for Notre Dame and Will Golson just down the road with Tampa Bay bucks Man and his going into his thirteenth season.
Speaker 2: You believe that, man, Man young dogs doing good sweve.
Speaker 4: He looked good too, Man, God damn, he looked good.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: He kind of remind me his body tight but a little tigger underwood.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: When I saw that picture, you guys took man, y'all ain't put me in it.
Speaker 2: But it's cool side man, y'all know where he was at.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know how it is, man politickt and dollar ticket and doing what I do with the top us a dollor ticket.
Speaker 1: For all I know is Buller was salivating number number four. That's all I know.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: For those out there that don't know, Michigan State was in the house, you know, Chad will Man, he was there. We had a great conversation. He's a great guy, good guy, great coach, and he got a lot of experience. Man. You know know some have some ties with him with my old high school in Indianapolis. He eats coach at IU Indiana University. So definitely good to see him and all the coaches that were in attendance today. Man, in the eighty five ninety degree weather down in South not South Florida, I'm sorry, sir, you know Western Florida.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't make that mistake, man, Come on, because you know when he's talking South Florida, he talk Dade County.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Hope. But when you say South Florida's Dade County and we throw Browick.
Speaker 1: County in there a little bit. But it's been Masley Day County. Okay, okay, all right, little Brower County. Listen, we got to get into the rest of the show here. We got a Jampacks show, we got a special guest we got to get to as well. But before we get to the rundown of what's going on in Michigan State Athletics, we have to take a pause for these messages from our friends over at gray Matter Exchange Great Matter.
Speaker 6: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Great Matter Exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 2: Swear one day down.
Speaker 1: Michigan State Men's golf shot four over in the opening round the NCAA Tallahassee region all yesterday. It sits in ninth place at it in the today's second round. How about them men's tennis players?
Speaker 2: Hey, I told you see this. This is the thing about this show. I'm sorry, I miss folk.
Speaker 4: Right, this is the thing I told you about the golf team. I say, just be patient and watch and look what happened. You know, we just don't have great coaches. We got great players and they playing well at the end. But matter of fact, though, me and you had a chance to hit some balls today. So in honorall, in honoree up the golf team. I had a chance of video. My boy, Sean, you know.
Speaker 2: How to hit a golf ball. Come here is this your guy? You got that? I like that. I like that. Yeah you heard that. I like that. You heard the ladies in the background. Yeah you know.
Speaker 4: So that's that's the shout out to the golf team. You know, in spirit, they they was kicking ass. So we went out there kicked some ass too.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it, man, get a lot of them in a short amount of time. You know who else was doing that. It's the men's baseball team with the five one seven Food Day food drive in Minnesota Faschister State. That's Saturday coming up on May seventeenth at one pm. Join us at McClain Stadium for a partnership with Southside Community Kitchen. We invite an to donate nine inspired expired can goods with a special need for camp fruit putting in single ingredient can items. So baseball have always doing some special things.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, shout out to the baseball team. Man playing well at d N. You know, we gotta we gotta finish. Grown hope we get a shot, play good in the tournament, and I hope we can get to the big dance, you know, cause we got a hell of a pitcher.
Speaker 2: I mean, ooh what a he top ten? Speaking of him, man, you talk about the big age.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Joseph servera fourth time this season Michigan State Baseball, Joseph Servera is the Big ten pitcher of the week. Just a six foot eight, little tall drink of water. It's the second State week that Deserver garnered that recognition, making the second time this season that he collected the accolade and back to back weeks.
Speaker 2: Hey man, you know he's streaky.
Speaker 1: He snigned me the number twenty five ranked USC trophes on Friday night, throwing seven innings weerve by striking out eight and a lot of just two hits.
Speaker 2: Man, can it be stopped?
Speaker 4: AKA Randy Johnson, AKA Big Ten Player of the Year, AKA All American, AKA first round pick.
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 1: I said it, Oh yeah, all day long. I don't see how you can't pick a guy like that. They don't listen. Six foot eight lefties that throw heat don't grow on trees, brother, and that's a guy right there. Joseph's made a lot of money speaking of what he's done on the mound. Swear he's done a huge thing off the mound, and that brings us to this Make your nil Gifts charitable with Charitable Gift America, MSU Baseball's dominant left handed pitcher, Joseph Zero is giving back to the community once again through his partnership with Charitable Gift America, MSU's original and most trusted nil fund. MSU Baseball selected six year old Luca Wright to join the team as their top recruit this season. Luca is currently taking on leukemia and needs the support of our Spartan community for every strikeout, and he's got a lot of them zero collects this season, he'll be making a donation to the car looking for a luk Of fund, which directly supports Luca in his family. Step up to the plate for your fellow spart in today at c GA Athletics dot org.
Speaker 2: So, hey, man, what do you think about Joe so zerwe man?
Speaker 1: Look at what he does, Look on the mound, big ten picture of the week, back to back weeks.
Speaker 2: And he's doing something for Luka in this family. You know.
Speaker 4: The thing about that, I look at it as I'm betting on myself in my own charity, if that makes sense right, Because he knows he got his job is to go out there and throw strikes.
Speaker 2: So he said, he's he said.
Speaker 4: I'm every strike I throw, I'm donating. And he already had a goal in mind, you know, because every athlete he put goals in mind. You know, he had a goal for you know how many other strikes out, you know, And that's the key, that's the key at that position, you know, strikeouts in the speed right, and he got both and he say, damn it, I'm betting on myself every strike out. I'm donating such and such amount of money on my n I l and dem it for a good call.
Speaker 2: So ibsolute the fella.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you gotta salute him and what he's been able to accomplish. That's inspired me only have a few more weeks of him being in that green and white because I know he's going to get that pay during the minute, Go green, Go green.
Speaker 2: That's where he's going in a minute.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Speaking of that, we're gonna talk about other players that are going green. But just for the football sake a side of things. You know, look at the Seahawks did go out and sign myn Tory Foster wide receiver Michigan State to an undrafted free agent contract after his Mini camp performance.
Speaker 2: Or what do you think about that?
Speaker 4: You know and those situations with the invites. You know, it was a good thing for the NFL to do. And I always thought, like them kids, I don't known to get a real shy. They just do that for the other guys. They can make, you know, make spaces for you know, where you bring in the rookies or whatever it is. But you know, for that kid to get that kind of contract to go to mini camp and hopefully go to camp, you know what I mean? Old some sparks, you know, which we know he got town. He can run routes and can catch the ball with the best of him, so he had to go out there and do his things.
Speaker 2: So I salute him, man. I know his dad is proud.
Speaker 1: Oh man, dad is definitely plying Montory senior of his young young and from Cleveland making it to the roster so far, which is we're gonna be following him and tracking him through camp. Also, Jordan Turner, linebacker from Michigan State, who had a mini camp in Vivable, was signed as well.
Speaker 2: So that's a guy.
Speaker 1: Hey, we thought going into the draft, this is guy that was definitely a third day potential. For whatever reason, he didn't get drafted and he wasn't signed to an undrafted free inch and contract. But now they sing they seen him up close for that's all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's out there practicing with fire on his ass. You know, he pissed off, you know, being overlooked, felt like he should have made it. And I guess he's saying, you know, it's somebody gonna pay all the takes for him to want one coach to like him.
Speaker 2: I can see him being on special teams.
Speaker 4: You know, and getting in the role and and and hopefully backing up somebody.
Speaker 2: Second and third, how many linebackers they keep.
Speaker 4: But you know, you got to have a good mini camp and you gotta come into some and gotta kick ad because at the end of the day, now they take away one of the preseason games. So it's like, ah, you know, you only gonna get so many opportunities. So but don't shout out to those guys, you know for making it from the mini camp tryouts, you know, and going into the mini camps into the camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, looking forward to seeing more of the Spartan dogs making into the NFL as they continue their journey into greatness. Now, you know, listen, we got to bring on our special guests in the moment. Rico Beer joins us after these messages from our friends over.
Speaker 2: At I Hop.
Speaker 7: I six dollars never tasted so good. I Hops Breakfast Faves Combo is now just six dollars featuring I hops world famous buttermilk pancakes, Krispy hickory smoke bacon, and two eggs cook to order your way, all for just six bucks, part of the new six dollars House.
Speaker 4: Hey, straight, before you bring on the most famous and famous. However, they said, mister Rico.
Speaker 2: You know r B. I call him Sean. Can you really show him the Gulf of the Month. You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: I saw you. You showed them a little teaser. Don't tease the people, Sean. Give it to him. They want to see it. Show him old swerves, swing the club.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, that'll be my.
Speaker 5: M J.
Speaker 2: Hey man. But etiquette was perfect. I love it.
Speaker 1: You know, you got to get a collar on that shirt next time, you know.
Speaker 2: Whispering about you. But that's good. That was good swing swear.
Speaker 1: Hey, look you want you want the video for I see how you're doing things now, you're slipping videos in.
Speaker 2: That's okay, that's all good. I like that.
Speaker 1: Let's watch come over, Come on, Rico.
Speaker 2: That was the real deal.
Speaker 5: Look at it, hey man, whatever whatever you do. Man, I'm not a golfer, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, did you think that was like pg A worthing?
Speaker 2: You He can get into the program with that swing. I mean, look at it. He had. He had good technique. There you go, Rico, even at that.
Speaker 5: I'm not I'm not above giving somebody they flowers when they do something good, okay or me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rico. Man, how's things going in the land.
Speaker 1: Of Metro Detroit sports and all things spartan dogs?
Speaker 2: Man, What's what's what's happening? What are you hearing out there?
Speaker 1: Man? I know there's a lot of buzz about Jace Richardson right now at the combine.
Speaker 5: Oh well, yeah, you found out that the dirty little secret that I knew, and I was surprised most people didn't know.
Speaker 2: When they'd be like, oh, well, you know, he's six three. I'm like, he's not six three. He's not six three, He's not. So they did the.
Speaker 5: Official measurement came up six feet and one half inch. So that's that may be a little problematic for the young man. Now here's the thing. He's got to be at a crossroads because already on NBA dot Net his stock started to drop. He's now projected to like pick twenty six out of thirty, so he's getting closer to falling out of that first round. Now, if you're Jase, you got to figure out do you go back to school and make some money or do you just go and ball all out at these camps and do whatever. But you got to remember everybody at that camp is trying to ball out. Everybody at that camp is trying to put.
Speaker 2: Money and food on their table.
Speaker 5: Do you go back to school knowing you're not gonna grow anymore so you're still gonna be six feet tall next year? Or do you roll the dice gamble on yourself and see where you're laying?
Speaker 4: So, So Rico, I mean straand forgot when Rico come in, I have to do my homework. I went and got my notebook. I gotta be ready time, so I want to be prepared. So Rico in that situation, right, it's one of those situations like say football, like you look at running backs and they say, you know, that's the best they gonna be.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, do they go now, like what.
Speaker 4: Can he actually do if he come back to Michigan Like you say, he's still gonna be six.
Speaker 5: Feet states now, if he comes back to Michigan State and just is dedicated, we saw what he could do in the half the season that he started and played.
Speaker 2: The offense is gonna go through him.
Speaker 5: And he needs His goal is to average at least eighteen points a game. You average eighteen points a game, you're gonna have Cohen Carr there and you lead Michigan State as far as you can take them and beat the man. Basically had that second year jump and played the way his father did from year one to year two, except for he was good in the first in the second half of the year, make that consistent. His daddy went from just averaging I think six points a game to averaging twenty some points a game in one season. That's why his father was a lottery pick. But Jason was also six' seven when he went to the. League jason's only six feet so that's gonna be. Problematic so he has to go out. There when you're six feet, tall you got to be great at. Something not good Great allen, iverson great at.
Speaker 2: Scoring you look at the young.
Speaker 5: The smaller point, guards they weren't a jack of all. Trades they were like Man Isaiah, thomas like those guys all were.
Speaker 2: Fantastic jase has to do that.
Speaker 5: Now he also is going to probably get with, tempted the temptation if he goes. Back do you go back To state or do you go to another. School, now if you go to another, school you may be a part of, something but if you go To Michigan, state you will be the.
Speaker 2: Main is ur being? Flint so what we're? Good can y'all hear?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 2: Know you got the flint? WiFi? Oh it messed? Up all? Right hold? On AM i the only one? Live on?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Okay it's the, swerving irving. Show thank you guys for. Coming now, listen ad. Opportunity we gotta get rid of the flint? WiFi? Man AM i the only one in? Here can you hear? Me can you hear?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 2: Now can you hear? Me? Hey can you hear?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 2: Now swerve a nervous? Show you? Here you all? Right can you hear me? Now i'm the only one that got the good? WiFi, NO i saw, y'all BUT i don't know what. Happened SO i don't know what. Happened you got andre wise and gyfied AND i hope.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah so your point, was we're gonna gotta be great when you're six foot and a.
Speaker 2: Half.
Speaker 1: Uh you gotta be. Quick you gotta have that killer. Crossover we gotta be able to, shoot you, know with that fade. Away whatever you gotta be, have you gotta have something superhuman in order to be into that lottery that he thought he was gonna be when everyone thought he six foot, three right.
Speaker 5: Exactly and the other thing that if he goes back To, state he got to lead the. Team he gotta come out there and he got a ball out and he got to score damn near twenty points a.
Speaker 2: Game he's got to Lead spartan.
Speaker 5: Somewhere and if he goes back to, school it's also gonna be the temptation does he go someplace else and go play at another.
Speaker 2: School, now if that's the, case he may only be a part of.
Speaker 5: Something he goes back To Michigan, state the offense will run through him and he could probably make more. Money and that's the other. Thing you're gonna make more money going back to. College you're gonna make you, know take a chance with THE. Nba so it, all he's got a little over a month to. Decide That's june fifteenth is when you would draw and you can go back to school or you stay in the.
Speaker 2: Draft so he did not sign with an.
Speaker 5: AGENT i, MEAN i think everybody signs with an agent nine. SCHOOL i think that kind of went out the. Window they can't stop you no, more, Huh right at coming freshman got agents in college. Straight i'm sure your son got an agent everybody got an. Agent you, Know, hey you just got to be an nca qualified. Agent but everybody got.
Speaker 1: Agents, Now, okay you, know BECAUSE i know there was a rule before that he had if he got AN nba certified, agent he signed with, one then you could not come. Back but, HELL ncaa doesn't have any. Teeth and that's a whole other topic that we're gonna get into in a. Minute so you, think So jason has an opportunity come to potentially come back To East.
Speaker 2: Lansing that makes a lot of people.
Speaker 5: HAPPY i bet, Well, okay let me just let me pump the brakes Because i'm not saying he's coming back To East.
Speaker 2: LANSING i don't.
Speaker 5: Want to be, like OH i heard on the on that this is part of the podcast That Ricos we could only say none of, That, okay we were talking about hypothetical. Situations, now the kid and his family believes he is AN nba, player AND i think unless he gets reports from people telling him to go back to, SCHOOL i don't think.
Speaker 2: He's going back TO.
Speaker 5: MSU i think he's gonna stay in the draft unless people are telling him.
Speaker 2: Your got to. Stay you, know you got you gotta go.
Speaker 5: Back you know your stock is fall and you're gonna be a second round pick and you'll probably make more money if.
Speaker 2: You go back for one. Year that's the only.
Speaker 5: Way let me say it louder for the people in the. Back that's the only. WAY i, mean he's just a SIX us Six wings. Fan he does here thing though in THE, nba and you know every now and they're like coaches tell you some stuff and it's true and it's so. Simplistic but in THE, nba you're only as good as who you can, guard plain and. Simple so that, means is his defense good enough that he could lock Up John? Moran is his defense good enough that he could lock Up TYREE'S? Maxi is his defense good enough that he, can you, know lock up? Something because that's who he's gardens be guarding some point?
Speaker 2: Guards is his defense?
Speaker 5: There because you, know you unless you're going out there scoring, thirty you, can't you, know let your.
Speaker 2: Man give up?
Speaker 5: Forty can you can you Keep Jalen Jim brunson from scoring so many points that you gotta play some d all? Right BE i was going to ask you to how tall Is brunson? BRUSTING i think he's probably like about six to. Two, yeah that's what he's listening at out Of.
Speaker 2: Villanova, yeah he almost was A.
Speaker 4: Spartan that was my second question right here on my. NOTES i took. Killer that's WHAT i just.
Speaker 2: Say y'all don't realize he was very close to being A spartan and we. Lost we lost The Villanova yeah what? Happened you, KNOW i don't know.
Speaker 5: EXACTLY i Mean Jay, Wright Jay wright was his smooth brother.
Speaker 2: Man he talked him into. It And Jay, Wright, hey say what you. Want he's won two or three.
Speaker 5: Titles in the last ten, Years states won one title in twenty five.
Speaker 2: YEARS i think he made the right.
Speaker 1: Choice but Msrter state puts out a lot OF nba.
Speaker 2: Players they.
Speaker 5: Do but you know, what they don't call The. Knicks they don't call them The Spartan. Knicks you know what they call The. Knicks they called them The Nova. KNICKS i don't know. Why it's a whole bunch Of villanova players on that.
Speaker 2: Team then they have four at one point they got. Four now they just did the. Commercial, yeah, yeah there's one at the. Leave, yeah mike L bridges is From.
Speaker 5: Villanova, hey hey, Man Fox villanova like they're all From.
Speaker 2: Villanova they killing the. Game they probably gonna win that.
Speaker 1: Series The, knicks especially now if the news comes out That, jason you're.
Speaker 5: Probably looking at The knicks in The wolves in THE Nba finals is What i'm.
Speaker 2: Thinking, wow, Wow, Hey knicks got a.
Speaker 5: Chance but if The knicks don't win it this, year The knicks ain't gonna never win. It if you broken up N it's sometimes it's right, place right, Time celtics, down you, know like you look at all the injured players and you kind of the best of the rest right.
Speaker 2: Now so you got to take advantage of.
Speaker 5: This you're gonna have the home court advantage because you're gonna you, know you're going up Against. Indiana they gotta come to. You and then in The, west ain't no real. DOMINANT i, think Okay see And denver gonna beat each other. UP i, think, uh you, Know Steph curry not, Playing Golden state's got about to be. Out so basically it's gonna be The Temple wolves just resting up waiting for the other.
Speaker 2: SERIES i think they're gonna. WIN i think that's the series that you're looking for for THE Nba. Finals that's just Me i'm right there with. YOU i like this. One so Both bronson and The pope went To.
Speaker 5: Villanova hey, man, Amen hey, Look villanova's cleaning up right.
Speaker 2: Now why you think The knicks is so?
Speaker 1: Blessed see, man but The Chicago, Bears bulls and everybody, ELSE i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i don't know who's blessed, Them, Dallas.
Speaker 1: Mavericks and to tell me what you think about that talk a little bit OF nba stuff right.
Speaker 2: Now so you tell me they Lose luca.
Speaker 1: And they had one point eight chance percent chance of making getting the number one, pick and Then dallas does get.
Speaker 5: That THE nba is not helping itself out with this whole fixed.
Speaker 2: THING i, mean we talked about it on the show.
Speaker 5: Today From Lebron james going To, cleveland Then lebron Leaves, Cleveland cleveland gets the number one, pick Then lebron goes, back they get the number one. Pick upstart team In orlando getting. Started you know we're gonna. Do we're gonna give Hm shaquille O'Neal to get. Started, oh the next, year we're gonna give Him penny Hard. Away you see this all the, time where, yeah and now it's like, okay because the Whole luca thing didn't make. Sense the trade took place in the middle of the. Night it's like no other team even. Knew, Wait lebron didn't even. Know wait he's available or, no don't give me. That lebron didn't, know.
Speaker 2: That's what he. Said he, said he didn't know. Nothing you know, What And i'm a twenty five year old white man.
Speaker 5: If we're gonna do, that all, Right, Yeah lebron. Knew lebron knew what was going. On Don nothing happened In la Without lebron Giving, okay now he could sit. BACK i had no. Idea sure you, didn't. Man and this man still think he got a hairline, Too so.
Speaker 2: Not buying.
Speaker 1: That ain't buying. It lebron didn't know anything about. It but, yeah so they Get the end of the day was all those guys down will have.
Speaker 2: A i, Mean Nico, harrison just croocket, Man Nico.
Speaker 5: Harris they wanted him, fire they chanting his, name fired this man and right now walked into the building this morning like really big nuts like ya look at? Me, yeah guess what like McMahon mean when he just strutting in the building like?
Speaker 4: Fire who now what, hey you, KNOW i got my notes right. Here my next question FOR, rb give me your report card on The.
Speaker 5: Pistons on The, Pistons, uh you know, What pistols were.
Speaker 2: Good pistons were.
Speaker 5: Good they did with exactly what they were supposed to.
Speaker 2: Do they made the. Playoffs that's ALL i was expecting to.
Speaker 5: Them anything that they did past. That taking that series as many games they, did.
Speaker 2: And they had a chance to win all six.
Speaker 5: Games what they showed me was they were, young they were, inexperienced they didn't know how to.
Speaker 2: Finish they showed.
Speaker 5: Me that they didn't have somebody who could help out kay and then she also showed me that tried to do too. Much M kaye was leading the team in. Turnovers so you, know The knicks took advantage of. That, now if You're, detroit you gotta take that next. Step you gotta be aggressive in the off season because now the training wheels is.
Speaker 2: Off you made the. Playoff that's, fun that's.
Speaker 5: Great now you gotta go back and you gotta be competitive in The.
Speaker 2: East in The, east it's opened up last.
Speaker 5: Night it's unfortunate what, happened very unfortunate what. Happened but When Jason tatum went. Down he's gone for the whole. Year next, Year boston's gonna end up breaking that team. Up they may end up Trading. Brown Boston celtics won't be the. Same you really looking At cleveland looks like a bunch.
Speaker 2: Of frauds right.
Speaker 5: Now orlando is, good but they can't stay. Healthy indiana doesn't play. Defense, basically What i'm saying is it's probably gonna be about three or fourteen in The, east and The pistons could be one of those teams if they make the right moves and they can really set themselves. Up giannis is gonna be, Leaving he's going out to The. West Cooper flag is gonna be out in The, West so you could take over The east if you want. TO i don't really know What philly is. Anymore but if You're, detroit you got enough pieces in. Place you just need that one more piece to Help cade out so that everybody knows that he's gonna shoot that final, shot that maybe he could pass it off to somebody and they can hit that.
Speaker 1: Shot you think it's a given That giannie is going, west not To Miami.
Speaker 5: West miami got the. Offer why would you other than the weather In. Miami why would you go.
Speaker 2: To miami DOUBLE i don't, Know. SWERVE i talked to you after the. SHOW Rb, no, no, No but if you want to, win he wants to.
Speaker 5: Win so here's What i'm. Expecting the big winner last night wasn't the Doubt. Mavericks the biggest winner was San Antonio.
Speaker 2: SPURS i Heard Tonio houston the.
Speaker 5: Spurt but see now San antonio can, say here's the.
Speaker 2: Deal we'll give you pick number, two pick number.
Speaker 5: Fourteen, hell we even give you our pick next, year and we'll send Over Stefani. Castle you can start rebuilding The Markie. Bucks you send Us giannis and we'll work out a deal. There and if that's the, case If I'm, Milwaukee i'm taking.
Speaker 2: That you then you can.
Speaker 5: Draft Dylan harper From. RUTGERS i don't know who's gonna be available at. Fourteen you gotta Fine. Castle you got enough to kind of jump start that team and start all.
Speaker 2: Over again without hitting rock.
Speaker 5: Bottom they'll be probably in them in the play in type of, situation but they won't hit rock.
Speaker 2: BOTTOM HM a great point right.
Speaker 1: There there was a question that we got to get back to from the chat you, KNOW i Know swerve got, notes but here's From Kobe.
Speaker 2: Rico it's always been in the sports world at the. Time his ol holds, back holds players? Back is it?
Speaker 5: True, no it's. Not BUT i, mean you can't stop a. Rumor people gonna believe it because it just gets perpetuated over and over. AGAIN i would, say, well what does he do to hold back? Players because it's, like Because i've heard people, say especially some of the dumbest coaches here In, detroit will be, like, well you, know he makes him run that. Offense you, know he goes to other, schools and other schools just run up and down the. Court AND i, said name me one other school that doesn't run. Plays i'll wait And i'll. Listen you name me one other school because every school run plays BECAUSE i remember it was like a bee.
Speaker 2: Line are you kidding? Me bee line runs? Plays, okay it's old runs.
Speaker 5: Plays as a matter of, Fact i'm, like you do realize that one of the reasons Why Michigan state's offense slows. Down AND i don't know if it's gonna get a little geeky, here but y'all asked the. Question, yeah teams realize when they shoot the, ball most of them send five guys. Back they're not gonna Let Michigan state run Because Michigan state wants to, run because that was alway to. Think Tom mizzle doesn't let them. Run And i'm just like bull, crap like you're. Serious they want to. Run but teams realize we can't hang with, them so we got to send five guys, back let them have the rebounds set up and Make Michigan state play half. Court, now that's when you can slow them, down and that's when you can beat.
Speaker 2: Them but you look at the games they played this last.
Speaker 5: Year oregon came up into The Brezens, center they had a fourteen point league and at halftime and two minutes into the second, half score was. Tied Michigan state was just running up and down the court on them and they was, like, COACH i didn't know they can do. That that's what they want to. Do this goes back to The national title. GAME i Remember florida And Teddy dupey And florida press conference And i'm sitting there With Larry, laye a THE ap and we was in The florida press conference and they were just, like, Oh Michigan state can't, Run we're gonna run them out.
Speaker 2: Court we're gonna we're gonna run with.
Speaker 5: Them because they had just Played wisconsin and beat them like forty three to thirty seven or.
Speaker 2: Something it was like a football. Score and we me And larry looked.
Speaker 5: At each other and was, Like Michigan, state don't kill them if they gonna Let Michigan state run and mischi and they.
Speaker 2: Did Michigan state ends up.
Speaker 5: Winning national title Because florida didn't realize they can. Run so to answer that, question that's the. Rumor but that's just a stereotype that there's really no way he can he can get rid of.
Speaker 2: THAT i don't know what he.
Speaker 5: Does he's put players in the, league he allows players to. Run, hell you, know you're looking at what happened With Jason hollom in it And Jaye nakens and all that tell me how he held any of these guys back and and and the one THAT i swear that that drives me crazy is the Whole Jaron jackson thing Against. Syracuse And i'm, Sorry i'm going off on a, tangent but The syracuse game and they're, like, well you, bench he Put ben carr in For Jaron Jackson.
Speaker 2: Junior And i'm, like.
Speaker 5: Because Jared Jackson junior quitting the, game he fled out, Quit he's sitting on the. Bench he wasn't trying to get in the. Game, now now you two playing. Football, no if you come out the, game you standing next to the. Coach so you, hey, coaching you KNOW i could have made that, play swerved. YOU i would have made that. RUN i would have picked up them. Yards you ain't gonna be on the other side of the you, know uh down down the bench where can't no coach see? You and that Was jared and Even jarring realizing, admitted, yeah he handled that sit that night all. Wrong he was frustrated by The syracuse song and for everybody, saying, well you know it Was Ben, Carter Ben carter And Zager tillman got them back in the. Game, now the reason Why state lost that, game if you really want to, know is your big three Of Miles, Bridges Josh langford and Cash Is winston missed seven shots in the final two. Minutes if they would have hit one of those, SHOTS msu wins they. Missed they went for seven in the final two.
Speaker 1: Minutes, YEAH i Remember. Bridges that was a tough. ONE i was at that. Game that was a rough. One that was going to take it to The elite?
Speaker 2: Eight is that what that? Was sixteet sixteen was never took him to The sweet. Sixteen took him to The sweet. Sixteen that's right for, you Jere.
Speaker 1: Rico Jeremy fears hasn't wowed me since he's been in THE ms.
Speaker 2: Year he can't. Shoot what's your thought On fears's? GAME i, mean my, god.
Speaker 5: THIS i had this conversation With mike all the time on the. Show, MIKE i, Mean Jeremy fears was. Shot, Okay Jeremy fears in the first ten games when he got To Michigan, state little nod. SECRET i do believe he was gonna take the place OF.
Speaker 2: Aj. Hogar he was gonna TAKE Aj hogard's.
Speaker 5: Spot before The big ten, Started Jeremy fears was on pace to be the leader of the. Team the man got. Shot, Now i've never been shot in my, life but, GUYS i gotta think it takes some time to rehabilitate and get. Better and, everybody, well he didn't get shot in the, arm, no but he got shot in the leg and you, know you got to have, lyft you gotta have a lot of. Stuff his game got, Better that's just how it. Is now you're gonna compare him to his brother and be, like, well his brother's in. There you, know his brother's gonna probably go in the. LOTTERY i don't know if he's as good as his, brother BUT i think that give him some time and he'll be able to. Shoot but, unfortunately we kind of live in that microwave society where were yelling at the microwave cooking minute rice and seeing how comany ain't taking forty five?
Speaker 2: Seconds, hey oh hey, man they.
Speaker 1: Peppering you were questions about this basketball and So scoop, hoop you know that was a good question From dyson And kobe. Earlier so Now Scoop Hoop, rico give me Tom izzo's top five players ever AT, msu this is a loaded one right.
Speaker 2: Here and it's smart no more By Marcus. Tate is he a?
Speaker 5: RACE i Think Marcus taylor took himself out the. Conversation Marcus taylor put it this.
Speaker 2: Way in every, relationship sometimes things just in.
Speaker 5: And sometimes you burn the. Bridge AND i think for this, one the bridge got burned and it mustn't maybe necessarily Even, marcus but maybe some people around him that burned that. Bridge AND i, DADDY i, look, MAN i ain't said. Nothing i'm just saying it was people around.
Speaker 2: Him you know how.
Speaker 5: Y'all you know how y'all get about Y'all, Son SO i don't like talking about.
Speaker 2: Him so but For.
Speaker 5: Marcus, taylor that's, yeah that that that bridge kind of got burnt and things just didn't end the right.
Speaker 2: Way let's just put it like.
Speaker 5: That the best Players Tom izzo has had At Michigan state, EVER i, MEAN i probably got to go back To leeves And Mo. Pete they won the title for. Him Probably draymond would be in. There, man this is tough BECAUSE i Know i'm gonna miss somebody and people gonna call.
Speaker 2: Me out on.
Speaker 5: IT a sneaky. ONE a sneaky one Was Kaitln. Lucas, Okay Kayln lucas was a good, one and PROBABLY i would probably say because of how he. Developed, oh i'd probably Say Xavier.
Speaker 2: TILLMAN i was gonna say. That but now the other.
Speaker 5: ONES i, MEAN i didn't Say Miles, bridges you. DIDN'T i didn't Say Jared jame was only there for a. YEAR i think if jam was there for a lot, longer it would have Been. Jared Because jared was just lights out that. YEAR i, mean, yeah you.
Speaker 2: KNEW i mean and if here's the fight THING i Told jared wanted to come.
Speaker 5: Back jared was coming back To Michigan, state and basically his parents and his agent was, like, son and Even izzough was, like you're a top four. Pick you're not gonna get any higher than. THIS i know you love it, here but you've gotta. Go you can't come back.
Speaker 2: Here. Yeah, wow who had a better?
Speaker 5: Conceit that's What i'm. SAYING i Forgot. Denzel there's so many, people, man, see.
Speaker 4: That's a Nice that's why The pistons should Be Detroit Spartan.
Speaker 2: Pistons spartans is like biling over with The. Knicks like you know What i'm, saying The.
Speaker 5: Spartan, yeah The Sparty. Pistons uh, Wow cash is Or? Denzel hm. HMM i Guess i'm gonna go With. Denzel denzel because he was player of The year and all of, college not just The Big. Ten it's not to take away anything From cashes BECAUSE i don't know what cash is twenty twenty would have been he got cut.
Speaker 2: Short he led that, team But denzel also led that, team both of. Them, LIKE.
Speaker 5: I, mean that's a great debate of who's is tho's best five BECAUSE i forgot about those.
Speaker 2: Two but, yeah maybe didn't those.
Speaker 5: Two denzel was better than cash is in my, opinion only because he was The National player of The. Year him And Buddy. Hill Buddy hill stuck in the. League denzel is still in THE g. League Buddy, Hill.
Speaker 4: Okay R, B let's switch this basketball shit right, NOW i know of. That give me give me your takes on the eighth on The, piston not The. Piston The lions, draft.
Speaker 1: It's.
Speaker 2: OKAY i mean.
Speaker 5: Your first two, picks you got a defensive tackle and then you got offensive.
Speaker 2: Guard both were gonna be positions of.
Speaker 5: Need third, round but the third round For Brad holmes is like every other third. Round it's like he just starts celebrating too much and just get a little.
Speaker 2: Reckless in the third.
Speaker 5: Round took the wide, receiver traded away future third round picks to get, him And i'm, like, well that guy probably would have been. There they probably guy would have been there in like the fourth or fifth, round but you reached on him and took him in the third. Round, okay, great he may turn out to be something you not to do that you didn't get an edge, rusher and there was a couple still sitting. THERE i Think Landon jackson From arkansas was still sitting there And Mike.
Speaker 2: Green For marshall was still sitting.
Speaker 5: There you could have been paying playing those guys against one of those again With Aiden hutchinson to really bring the pass. Rush but at this, POINT i don't it's almost how to. SPITE i don't Think Brad holmes sees with icy and what a lot of people see and trying to improve your defensive.
Speaker 2: Line he's gonna show us that he's gonna do it his.
Speaker 5: Way but the rest of the, DRAFT i, mean and it was, OKAY i don't think it was like last year's. Draft really wasn't that good that The lions, Had but this one we got to wait to see what happens when they on the.
Speaker 1: Field he did end up getting that hedge rusher out of, boys the one that made a lot of noise.
Speaker 2: In the sixth. ROUND i, know and you know what that. Means he probably you know WHAT i, mean so he gonna be a fan. FAVORITE i know in dear, boar.
Speaker 5: You know, WHAT i forgot the name of the fan favorite wide receiver that everybody loves and he never makes a team every.
Speaker 2: YEAR i forgot his, Name Tom.
Speaker 5: Kennedy Tom, kennedy every Oh. Tom and then he'll get, Cut he'll go to the practice. Squad he'll come up for a game or.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: Damn, okay just not special.
Speaker 1: Enough so they didn't do it for you right, there the.
Speaker 2: Last question FOR. Rb go ahead and get my. NOTES i told YOU r AND. B i gotta take you. Now NOW i need your thoughts on our former a D, okay did you see that? Coming?
Speaker 5: YEAH i saw that coming about a year ago when the new president came.
Speaker 2: In, YEAH i was hearing.
Speaker 5: Rumors but when the NEW i mean when the new president comes, in it's like.
Speaker 2: The new athletic director comes. In it's like and when the new coach comes, in you want your guys. There you give them a. Chance and they gave him a year to get things. Going to, Me alan would flourish if this was five ten years.
Speaker 5: Ago, yeah all the athletic, programs all the boats was, rising the tide was, rising all the boats got raised up.
Speaker 2: EVERYTHING i, mean the.
Speaker 5: Worst sport on campus was. Football everything else was, winning was winning big, tens was competing for, stuff was really Making spartan the lums.
Speaker 2: Out football.
Speaker 5: Wasn't but as far as, fundraising as far as, nil as far as you, know building up facilities and things like, That Michigan state was. Behind allen was more about all the, programs The olympic, sports.
Speaker 2: Everybody he was in full support of. That we've changed now where it really is you win at.
Speaker 5: Football you could be okay at, basketball but you gotta win at football playing it. Simple case in, point look down the road Ward manuel. WAS i don't know how he's kept his, job But michigan look at the success they had in.
Speaker 2: Football every other sport nobody.
Speaker 5: Cares nobody goes to their basketball, game nobody goes to anything, else but they fill out the big.
Speaker 2: House they ON.
Speaker 5: Tv they they found money to Get Bryce underwood there. There they got that football, team they got that. Machine, NOW i don't know what's gonna happened when all the dirt come out on, them but that's what the New athletic dress has to. Do AND i think with the new president it was Like. OKAY i think he wanted to go this way And alan wanted to go that, way and they.
Speaker 2: Just weren't seeing things that same. Way SO i think that's why it. Happened WAS i. Shot. NO i think it's.
Speaker 5: A, shame BUT i understand, because LIKE i, said if this was twenty, Seventeen alan would be the perfect athletic, director but it.
Speaker 2: Ain't it's twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Five and if you can't raise, money and if you can't bring people.
Speaker 2: In you're.
Speaker 5: GONE i, MEAN i Remember Heather like was THE ad At. Pittsburgh she was The National Athletic director of The. Year she couldn't raise, money she couldn't, fundraise she got fired the next. Year fired she was THE ad of the year and then fired the very next.
Speaker 4: Year let's, See that's What i'm. Saying And i'm gonna say it again BECAUSE i said it last. Week you get a guy Like Tom, dieters, Right And i'm only saying it because you, know with the terrible gift that he's given and already giving The, nils and.
Speaker 2: No kid has left those.
Speaker 4: TEAMS i, Mean i'm just throwing it in the. Hat IF i had to say so that they need to bring old swerve on the. Panel you, know.
Speaker 5: You know, What Michigan state need to bring some people who actually tell them the truth and put it on the. Panel Michigan, state, UNFORTUNATELY i think it's gonna be Full Michigan state And sparty gonna go Full, sparty and they gonna just do dumb things because that's What Michigan state. Does they don't handle they because they don't have an. Identity they try to do. EVERYTHING i equated to the kid in high school that every. Week one week you dress up and you want to hang with the. Jocks the next week you want to hang with the, nerves the next week you want to hang with the, gamers and then you want to hang with the.
Speaker 2: Skateboarders you don't have an.
Speaker 5: Identity you're just trying to fit in someplace and have somebody accept. You it's different when you know who you are and it don't matter life of. Passion you still got to be true to yourself And Michigan state has to figure out what they want to. Be stop comparing themselves To, michigan stop trying to playkate to the national media and the local, media and just say this is who we are.
Speaker 2: Now if you really want to be Like.
Speaker 5: Michigan you just gotta have that effort attitude the way The wolverines do and they just do.
Speaker 2: Stuff why'd you do?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 2: Cuz next, question.
Speaker 5: Hey Ward, manuel why was the point guard driving your wife's?
Speaker 2: Car can't talk about? That and that was. It nobody's ever mentioned it to. Him, again crash the car AND i don't know.
Speaker 5: If you knew that's WORTH i didn't know. That, oh crash the car three o'clock in the. Morning lie to the, police said he wasn't. Driving police was, like, dude we know who you. Are and then they did the registration it Was Ward manual's wife's. Car like, Yeah like could you imagine if cash Is Mark hollis's, car his wife's, star his wife's, car like so many questions being, Asked LIKE i don't know where to start with this, onion because there's a whole lot of layers to.
Speaker 2: That But michigan did they?
Speaker 5: Do look at the stuff they did with the cheating and kind of stallions and they just like Am so that's what state has to. Do state just has to be able to say this is who we, are this is what we're gonna. Do if you agree with it cool if you, don't don't. Care but, yes they need people who will just keep it real and tell them and less politics because every time they do, something, man they get caught up in. Politics and we're back doing this every three to five.
Speaker 2: Years so what is.
Speaker 1: The profile in your mind of the next athletic? Director what does he need to? Be what does he or she need to. Be got to be able to bring me in. Money you gotta be able to raise a lot of.
Speaker 5: Money you got to be able to make sure that You because here's the other thing with the new athletic. Director here's whose JOB i don't think it's safe Is Jonathan. SMITH i don't know If Jonathan smith will be here next. Year Jontor smith goes out there and wins seven, GAMES i Think Jonathan smith is gone because the new ad is gonna, SAY i want to bring in my. Guy you got to show me what you're. Doing you got to show me what you. Have yes, Word, No i'm just Saying i'll be the. Guy fucking oh so. YEAH i mean you you got to get your football program. Up it's a proven. Fact when football, wins enrollman goes, up more people want to donate people feel good about the. School, Yes Michigan state has a, great elite basketball, team but you can get seventy eight thousand people In Spartan stadium Every. Saturday you're not getting. That why because people are just lethargic about the. Team it's, Like, eh you.
Speaker 2: Know, whatever you gotta. Be you gotta go and raise some.
Speaker 5: Funds you got to improve that. Stadium you gotta update that. Stadium northwestern is about to run laps around.
Speaker 2: You and That's northwestern.
Speaker 5: And they've been on The state of The arts stadium and you you got still hot dogs from the nineteen fifties for REC.
Speaker 2: Rb that stadium was fucking. Terrible it was like it.
Speaker 4: Was it was worse Than i'd rather go back To miami play a high school game and to go To.
Speaker 2: Northwestern that was the. Worst boy Was.
Speaker 5: No northwestern was aol stadium because you had the big bleachers and they had the little, bleachers and the little bleachers was for the visiting.
Speaker 2: Team the big beaches for.
Speaker 5: Them but then they went out and they raised money and.
Speaker 2: They're not a football. Team.
Speaker 5: SWERVE i don't know if you've seen what that stadium is gonna. Look, okay let me give you a picture of.
Speaker 2: It have you seen what A rams slip shock can put it?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 2: Shuh?
Speaker 5: Yeah have you seen where The rams? Play the l A rams and The, Chargers so that stadium but, smaller come on Dough, yeah Over Lake. Michigan it's gonna be On Lake. Michigan you don't Have, yeah it's it's. Sweet AND i think and they and they realize we don't sell one hundred, thousand SO i think the stadium is only gonna.
Speaker 2: HOLD i want to say thirty eight thousand. People that's.
Speaker 5: It but you know, what here's The you know how many people? Go you know how many people can go in The Austin stadium At. Oregon Austin Stadium oregon don't have a. Pack the crowd is.
Speaker 2: Packed pay were only put like forty three thousand people in their. Stall YEAH i.
Speaker 1: Got that many people at my family. Reunion yeah, right but it's, loud it's. Packed it's a very intimate environment and people love. It they come in there and they do idea.
Speaker 4: Here so so so when a d, leaves the head coach bayond is half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wow, yes it's half so. Right this is one where kind of Like allen had a year to prove to the. President i'm your. Guy Jonathan smith is gonna have a year to prove to the new. Ad i'm your. Guy make sure you keep me. Around i'm building something. Here BUT i, mean it's It's it didn't help that they canceled the spring. Game it didn't help that you're not really bringing in top people out the.
Speaker 2: Portal my.
Speaker 5: GUD i think they brought in their thirtieth cornerback of. Safety i'm, like how many people he gonna play is cornerback in?
Speaker 2: Safety on?
Speaker 5: Defense it's like they're doing nothing to move the. Needle the last thing they did to move the needle was make sure That Nick marsh didn't go down to THE.
Speaker 2: Sec that's, it, right he.
Speaker 1: Was it Wasn't he was asked an old straight horn try to get him to go To. Michigan i'll tell he did he leave? Me this is, crazy you, KNOW i mean it Was Tom ron that was the Other tompron was on.
Speaker 2: THAT i ain't trying to get into them rumors because you, KNOW i don't trust that straight horn.
Speaker 1: Guy, yeah but even when you got rumors like that with a school that had bullshit in il and nobody.
Speaker 2: Left so what. Happened THAT'S i, mean that's that's the stupidest SHIT i ever. Heard they ponied up the money to keep him, there SO i understand.
Speaker 4: That But i'm just saying for stray to be rumored to tell people to go somewhere else else and nobody, Left.
Speaker 5: Okay that that's just, foolishness right. There, Look, JASON i don't want to talk for, you but for, me that's just. Foolishness because his and because his son didn't go To Michigan, state a lot of people got butt hurt and, said oh, well and then you start making up. Stuff it's it's it's when the girl don't talk to, you you and now she a, bitch and now she, is and now.
Speaker 2: She that in old.
Speaker 5: Way, yeah she thinks she's stuck, up and she really because five minutes ago you was trying to get her.
Speaker 2: Number but now see all, that, okay right. Exactly, hey we, tried we try to take the high. Road that's what.
Speaker 5: Happened AND i think some people looked at it as a slap in the.
Speaker 2: Face, well you, know you, know why ain't he going To? State why is he of all, schools why is he going To.
Speaker 5: Michigan like if your son went TO, USC i don't think people.
Speaker 2: Care your son went To Notre, DAME i don't think people. Care but it Was. Michigan do you know where my son was, Born, No.
Speaker 1: Michigan, born born In Royal, Oak, okay that's where he was born at going To Wayne state.
Speaker 2: Exactly, well they didn't recruit them. Either so but that's that's my. Thing and you look.
Speaker 4: At you, know And i'm not in the straight my, god whatever it, is but it's the. Same AND i just saw the linebacker coach, Today Straight sun come out one of the top five centers in the. Country, Right and if you look at our porter and the guys that we bringing, in we're not going after the Big. Dolph whatever reason they, got they, philosophy they believe in what they're, doing, Right but nobody never, say, hey question smell for. Anybody did you recruit did you recruit Straighthorn? Son did you compete with A Michigan and like everybody, else did you even offer him to come on for a.
Speaker 2: Visit you'll Think straight would have came on a. Visit that's the easies shit to.
Speaker 4: Wear daddy gotta go to work there every Fucking friday night.
Speaker 2: And it never. Happened like that's the that's the. Bullshit.
Speaker 5: Though from WHEN i, gathered they didn't prioritize, him and that's, okay it's your, team that's, Okay but they didn't for various. Reasons and instead of everybody just moving, on you got this and and and AND i mean it's this is just.
Speaker 2: Messy AND i don't even see. Why it's, like because.
Speaker 5: Here's the here's the funny, thing and straight out nothing against your. Son. Man he could be playing For texas next, year and then what he's? Out oh even, this he goes to the portal.
Speaker 2: And now he's His spartan next. Year we've seen that.
Speaker 5: Happen and then what people gonna, Say, oh, well yeah go, green, okay, right.
Speaker 2: Like big perponin't just carry? On this is.
Speaker 1: Crazy so so the next ad needs to be somebody that can raise. Money and this brings us to even talk about. Money and we don't talk about this in our Course lights segment because Course light it's the official far.
Speaker 2: From this Is, Sparta ain't that?
Speaker 5: RIGHT i Got Coors. Light Now i'm still trying to get. Pancakes what the?
Speaker 1: Heck yeahbody Corps light speaking The Corpse Light, university we got beer sales. NUMBERS i don't know if you saw. THIS i saw this. Article this is something we gotta talk. About the beer sales in the. Stadiums you know that law was changed to you little summer a couple of summers ago by the. Governor AND i don't know if we can pull the graphic up if we have, it but The university Of michigan sold almost five million dollars in alcohol at its sporting venues last.
Speaker 2: Year Michigan.
Speaker 1: State now this is we gotta we gotta do better, here fellas you, know logged about one point eight million in total. Sales Corps light was the best seller of both. Schools, NOW i know my. SPARTANS i know. Them i've seen them wolverines get. Down but come, ON i know my. Spartans, look, man we gotta do better. Something what is going? On put me on that. COMMITTEE i will give you some.
Speaker 2: Stuff now there is full, disclosure full.
Speaker 5: DISCLOSURE i gave out on a bunch of ideas to help to do the. Stadium i'm not taking credit for BUT i did get my dea and he implemented. Some but there's a lot that could be done to that stadium to bring it, up the, speed, concessions there's so many things that can, happen and it's just you gotta get out your.
Speaker 2: Way you improve the concession. Stand you know.
Speaker 5: Over there where the gas stations used to be and all of. That what is that the north side of the east side of the, state east side. Side, MAN i would take and and and and fill that little area over there with ap plaza food trucks and just let people go out there buy and eat, stuff and so you don't just locked into the same old stuff that they. HAVE i, mean it's it's, like you can do better than. That you're a big ten, Team you're a power they were. Fourteen you're one of the top twenty five schools of bringing in revenue in the. Nation you sometimes got to put on your big boy pants and you got to act like, it and you got to dress the.
Speaker 2: Part and unfortunately they don't dress the. Part they still.
Speaker 5: Dress like the job that they got instead of the job that they want to. Beaters but, YOU i, mean it's like so many different, things, man you could. Do, look you're not gonna tear Down Spartan, stadium THOUGH i would love for them to do, that but you're not gonna do.
Speaker 2: It but what you can do IS i WOULD i. WOULD i would renovate. IT i would put in new.
Speaker 5: Seats it may take a couple of years to, do AND i shrink that place to about holding about sixty five thousand, people and upgrade the facilities and how it looks on. It get rid of the, concrete or just take the concrete and put some wraps around it and turn that into The Spartan hall Of fame where you got famed players and you got famous plays Throughout spartan, history and you get raps From Rocket mortgage because that's part of their thing that they. Do and you wrap that concrete. Up so guess what. Happens you get in the, game and now you're just kind of walking. Around before you know, it you done went through the whole, tour walking the stadium looking At oh yeah he played, HERE i forgot about. That oh there's trouble with the. Snap oh yeah there's The rocket. Play oh there's just that. Play that's that play all remember that game that's That Rose bowl or the.
Speaker 4: Game just touchdown to Beat Ohio. STATE i mean run, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: You could do all of that stuff and really make the, stadium you, know basically do what you do.
Speaker 2: At The Bresidon center and bring it over.
Speaker 5: There you know the upgrade that they have the one side of the west side of the building that was supposed to be on the east side. Too they upgraded that twenty years ago and they forgot.
Speaker 2: To do the east.
Speaker 5: SIDE i don't know if they ran out of, money they forgot, it and now that probably needs. Renovating it's, like, man you this esthetically, speaking that's what you need to. Do it's it's different, things but, yeah shut that thing down if you have.
Speaker 2: To maybe you and maybe one year to expedite.
Speaker 5: Matters you may have to work something out with The lions and play some home games In detroit On. Saturdays as you're just working throughout the year to get that thing ready for the next. Year you, know it ain't gonna make everybody, happy but you gotta do. Something, man you gotta you gotta look the, part especially when you not, winning because you gotta draw the kids.
Speaker 1: In we've seen that In Florida state went through a stadium renovation and they had the whole home side gone for the better part of the summer and they put in some temporary bleachers down there to try to try to make you, know and they had a terrible season as we saw that last year while that was, Happening but investment in, it you.
Speaker 5: CAN i, MEAN i don't know how it would work out. Logistics last TIME i, Played lions don't play On. Saturdays so you go down the fourth field and play your games for a year there and then move back in.
Speaker 4: The university Of miami played all They saturday games with The dolphins.
Speaker 2: PLAYING i, mean it can.
Speaker 5: HAPPEN i, said somebody like, this eight hundred million dollars to build a new. STADIUM i don't even think that that's GONNA i don't even think that's feasible to, do because that would mean that you're going to, be oh, shit is on the. Water that ain't the new. One that's the temporary.
Speaker 2: One, temporary not a new one THAT i thought was. Covered that's the temporary. One they had.
Speaker 1: Producer time check THAT i don't know you. Found you probably go online searching for it and see if you can find.
Speaker 2: That because you got that flint flint.
Speaker 1: WiFi, yeah they got the drone and all that got swear swear you got your drone footage of that new.
Speaker 2: Stadium it's my battery charging right now for the. Summer. Scrap, yeah they did.
Speaker 5: It if they did, it, lord if they did a complete, renovation that means it's gonna unfortunately unlike like you know down in warm weather, states you can't work year round. Here if this Was, arizona, yeah it could probably be done in.
Speaker 2: About a year because you could almost work around the clock.
Speaker 5: Here unless you're building a, dome WHICH i would love to, see BUT i doubted they would ever do.
Speaker 2: That but, YEAH i think now that.
Speaker 3: Much.
Speaker 1: Mhmm, yeah it's it's it's it's definitely. Built, yeah that's for. Sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, YEAH i never THOUGHT i was. SAYING i never ALL i, SAY i can't wait to stay.
Speaker 2: Place.
Speaker 1: Northwestern, yeah going over To, chicago man like this since playing there in ninety.
Speaker 5: Seven That's. Northwestern they built. THAT i think it cost them like seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Million they.
Speaker 5: Invested they got a bunch of pig cats out Of chicago to invest the money in the stadium and that thing that's north that that's gonna be embarrassing because either you win or you gotta look.
Speaker 2: Good but you gotta be one of the other or. Both you at least be one of the.
Speaker 1: Other, yeah, exactly you can't Be you can't lose and be.
Speaker 5: Ugly, now you can't lose like in, Basketball Cameron Indoor arena is a dump Where duke plays is a flat out.
Speaker 2: Dump but they.
Speaker 5: Win so you know what happens when you win in a. Dump it's called, history it's called.
Speaker 2: Character you know what happens.
Speaker 5: When you, win and when you lose in a place like, that it's a don't and nobody want to be. There Dylan tatum will be playing. THERE i don't think he's gonna be playing. THERE i don't think IT'S i don't think it's open.
Speaker 2: YET i, Thought, OKAY i don't. KNOW i don't know if it's open already or he may be playing. There MAYBE i go see. Him chicago folks are saying that it.
Speaker 5: Is you know, What Maybe i'll be going Seeing Dylan tatum because we don't Play we don't Play northwestern this, Year, DYLAN i may need a couple of.
Speaker 4: Tickets, Right they don't got two years, anyway so we can we can we can schedule THAT r AND.
Speaker 2: B if not this, year we'll catch him next.
Speaker 5: Year about to, Say, MAN i REMEMBER i used to cover you At West. BLOWFIELD i need a couple of.
Speaker 1: Tickets, Man, hey, listen this week we could talk all day about a lot of. Stuff, Man, YEAH i. Know, Man so wec, like what what else so on your mind before we get out of? Here, Man what's what's been going on that you you? KNOW i know you guys talk six five days a, week two to six every. Day you, know what's the driving topics that you guys have been on that people just can't get enough up right?
Speaker 5: NOW i mean IT'S i, mean it's kind of The tigers and The. Pistons tigers just winning and kind of nobody knows how they got the best record in The American. League don't know how long that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Last The. Pistons pistons was a fun. Ride it was totally.
Speaker 5: Unexpected and The, LIONS i think a lot of people just waiting to. See we'll know more tomorrow when the schedule comes out around this time, Tomorrow i'm.
Speaker 2: Anxious to see who they play and more so.
Speaker 5: When they play because last year's, schedule for everybody who loved that fifteen to two, record you found out it meant. NOTHING i watched that playoff game On Mother's day. EARLY i just got up and it was. ON i watched, it AND i was just, like, Man Jayden damns just carved y'all up like he looked like a ten year. Vet he yon all the noise in the. Built they meant. Nothing he didn't care that they won fifteen. Games he came in, here walked. Away the only thing that Stopped washington from scoring was the clockead zero zero. Zero that was the only thing that stopped them. Playing and simple note who's the old.
Speaker 3: C and what?
Speaker 4: Dispect because that that guy was pretty creative with the offense that he.
Speaker 2: Ran now he's In.
Speaker 8: Chicago, YEAH i Think John John, Morton Oh John Johnny, morton Not Johnny.
Speaker 2: Mooton but, yeah they. SHAID i think they shared the same. Name but, no not. HIM i don't. Know that's just.
Speaker 5: It there's so many unknowns with The. Lions new offensive, coordinator new defensive. Coordinator historically, Speaking historically, speaking when you flip both, coordinators whether you fired him and.
Speaker 2: Move, on you do not have a good.
Speaker 5: Year see The Philadelphia, eagles not last, year but the year before that they lost both coordinators and then that next year they fell. Apart they Had Matt patricia as one of their. Coordinators everything fell.
Speaker 2: Apart what's. Good they're gonna be playing some of the elite quarterbacks on the. Road on the.
Speaker 5: Road they gotta Play Joe. Burrow they gotta Play Jalen. Hurts they gotta Play Jaydon. Daniels they gotta Play Joe burrow To Lamar, jackson they gotta Play Patrick mahomes all on the. Road that's not Including Jordan love And Cayleb williams. Either they'll play all these these. Cats oh And Matthew stafford on the.
Speaker 2: Road, oh come, on, man so right this and and you know you didn't want to upgrade your, Defense, okay, okay, yeah BECAUSE i think It's, Ayden. AYDEN i was afraid of Its Aiden.
Speaker 5: HUTCHISON i THINK i don't think you're gonna Get Aiden hutchison where he left.
Speaker 2: Off this ain't a video. Game it's gonna take some. Time, yeah you see him running but and.
Speaker 5: Straight you know, This he's gonna have to go through a wrestling match forty times a. Game he's got to be able to put torque on that leg and twist and turn and do all types of. Stuff it's gonna take some time for him to get up to. Speed that's not because he went To. Michigan that's just.
Speaker 2: Facts. People, okay before people get, angry you just say if he's a. Spartan if he's a, SPARTAN i say the same.
Speaker 5: Thing you, Know aleen McNeil won't be there for a. While he won't be there.
Speaker 2: To damn Near. Thanksgiving so you really didn't improve your. Defense good.
Speaker 4: Luck the last question would, BE i, really BECAUSE i know we talked about. THIS i want to know your opinion BECAUSE i know you really demand in these situations about The shador.
Speaker 2: Slide m.
Speaker 5: HMM i think it was a little bit OF i think some of this Was shoudres. COCKINESS i Think shaudor kind of came in from WHAT i, gathered his interviews were not the greatest because they gave him a homework assignment and when they got into the interview and they was talking to, him he didn't.
Speaker 2: Do, it and they knew he didn't do, it and they've done this. Before uh.
Speaker 5: Huh The, Giants, yeah it Was, giants BUT i FORGOT i forgot the.
Speaker 2: Quarterback.
Speaker 5: Uh he out the, league but he's known for drinking and having the purple.
Speaker 2: DRINK i forgot he from The, south The.
Speaker 5: Raiders, yeah and and and they BASICALLY i think they gave.
Speaker 2: Game a video, game a VIDEO. Dvd it was. Nothing it was.
Speaker 5: Black and they asked, him what did you Think Russell Russell russell Something JaMarcus. Russell and he started pontificating, about oh, well you, know hold, lord he started what?
Speaker 4: Pontificating, man come, on, dog let me write this spell. THAT i ain't never heard that ship before in my. Life, man please spell.
Speaker 2: That oh my, God i'm cutting you off front, now whoy cut me? Off basically that ship before in my.
Speaker 5: Life he started going he started basically going on a rant and explaining all of this stuff that wasn't. There so, yeah so you, knew they. Knew SO i think that With, SHADOR i think the same. Happened he didn't go in. There he he was all already acting as if he was a star and he. Wasn't And i'm not saying he had to humble, himself BUT i am, saying you gotta go in.
Speaker 2: There you gotta interview for the.
Speaker 5: Job even if you know you're gonna get the, job you still have to dress the.
Speaker 2: Part you gotta come in.
Speaker 5: There you can't come in, there you know and bunny slippers in a robe and expect to get the.
Speaker 2: Job and not to say he did, that but you know he. Didn't and here's the other. Thing he's not that great of a. Quarterback i'm just gonna say the quiet part out. LOUD i like.
Speaker 5: HIM i think that if he was given an offensive, line he could. Be but At colorado he didn't win. Anything so you know he's, good he wasn't, great and that they were. Looking so when you're like that and you're a little bit cocky and, arrogant it's, like, WELL i can get you.
Speaker 2: LATER i don't need to draft you in the first. Round you Frozens, worth he better be better be.
Speaker 5: Frozen OH i guess he got The flint wi.
Speaker 2: Fi the legendary. Brand can you hear? ME i hear. You, yeah the legendary brand is.
Speaker 1: What really turned a lot of people, off because you, KNOW i, MEAN i don't think you Know Tom brady will walk around with legendary on his neck right.
Speaker 5: Now it's just one of those things that maybe if you just took, hey he's back From. Flint hey maybe if you, yeah just you didn't have to do all of, that and and JUST i mean even at the, game showing off your watch and doing all of, that and it's just, like come, on, man there's time for. That but it's not right, now you. Know, heck your Teammate Travis, hunter he's not that. Way he wasn't living that. Lifestyle and they traded up to get. Him, well you you had. This he went from all dressed up in legendary gear and next thing you, know it's day three and he and a wife beat her in some shorts.
Speaker 1: With a red cup by the pool right sitting around singing old.
Speaker 5: Spirituals he went from having about one hundred thousand dollars worth of, jewelry he's just sitting there in A t shirt with his, brother.
Speaker 2: Like you wanna play some video? Games? Yeah, yeah, member when he was. KIDS i will say, This.
Speaker 5: I'm glad that THE nfl finding The falcons for that kid playing that prank on.
Speaker 2: Him nobody deserves.
Speaker 5: That and, honestly IF i was his, father first of, ALL i don't care you've. Grown i've been whooping his ass because my old man.
Speaker 2: Ass that's the. Problem ain't nobody whooping ass no? More and because here's the.
Speaker 5: Thing If i'm The, Falcons i'm not paying that two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars you. Are ain't you paying your? Fine?
Speaker 5: NOW i don't know where you're getting the money, from but we ain't paying. It we told the league we're gonna pay, it but we ain't paying.
Speaker 2: It you paying. IT i don't know What thanksgiving dinner is. Going kids come.
Speaker 5: OUT i, mean he, rea you, know he gives that apology like he was a, hostage like, YOU.
Speaker 2: I should have been better AND i did this and like you, thought.
Speaker 5: You was all high highs and he eats when you're sitting there with your frat, brothers and you stupid enough to put it out on the, internet and now you all sorry about?
Speaker 2: This, yeah, okay you know.
Speaker 5: WHAT i don't know how that family gonna handle, it, man. Bruh thanksgiving. Dinner this is Where i'll probably be getting into it with the. Wife now he.
Speaker 2: Invited THAT'S i can't. Ye, yeah this that's you pass the.
Speaker 5: POTATOES i, would but we can't afford potatoes BECAUSE i had to pay three hundred and fifty thousand dollars to THE nfl for your dumb.
Speaker 2: Ass we ain't got no. Potatoes what else you? Want you want to make some more prank phone? Calls they got.
Speaker 4: Raising and their potatoes out, Anyway SO i don't want to.
Speaker 2: Come and they down In. ATLANTA i think they know what they're. Doing yeah they can cook, suthing MOUs can. Cook. Man we appreciate. It we cool.
Speaker 1: Man you, look, man this has been great as, always pontificating about what's.
Speaker 2: Going on in all. Things oh that means something about. OPINION i had to look it.
Speaker 1: Up, yeah, yeah express one's opinion away considered, annoying pompous and, dogmatic.
Speaker 2: Annoying that's HOW i just broke it down in my. Turn but that was a good.
Speaker 3: ONE.
Speaker 2: Rb got you bucked me up with that, one, brother you know every night and, MAN i like to use my. Degrees, yes, yes nothing wrong with, That keep using, brother freako. BEER i appreciate, you. Brother let me see you, soon all, right, BRO rb my, man.
Speaker 1: All, RIGHT i swear, MAN i don't know we're going for a minute, here you, know have a little deley getting, on, Man but what's your final thoughts before we get out of?
Speaker 4: Here, hey this is one THING i want everybody to think about. This AND i thought about this, today.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Michigan state probably can be the first school that can have formal players that can come back and coach every position almost. Right Remember i'm telling you about. This you know we Got archie that's A dB coach that's At.
Speaker 2: Pitt you know we.
Speaker 4: MET i Met bullet Bullet Is Bullet, Ballot Bax. Buller, Okay Max, BUTER i met him on the linebacker. Coach seemed like a pretty good linebacker coach that know The, dame, RIGHT.
Speaker 2: I can be your running back. Coach we gotta coach as In hawkins. Right.
Speaker 4: Uh we got a guy that Said colorado now who plays center that was a head coach in THE nfl and office of coordinator With Matt sherman that can come back and be either a head coach or a tight end coach or even office of. COORDINATOR i think that could be the first. TIME i think the only thing that we have to find is A d line coach and an office of line coach to silified the.
Speaker 2: Solidify OKAY i used. That, yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 4: And that could be the first time where you got all ten coaches that played for the university and that got history and years of coaching that can coach the.
Speaker 2: UNIVERSITY i thought about that today Straight hey, man that'd be something. Else you.
Speaker 1: Know i'm not trying, to you, know fire the staff right, now but you, KNOW i, know, dreaming you, know looking at what might.
Speaker 2: HOLD i get. It Tom, dinas if you're, listening you get the. Job just think about. It we can make history.
Speaker 1: Baby all right, man all right, man that's that's a great, show you, know covering a lot of. Area and that's what we're gonna start, doing covering a lot of, area you, know today With Rico vie Et. Criar so for both of those, Gentlemen I'm jason Stray or and this is. Parted unless you, everybody have a good, Night god bless, you and go, Great Go.
Speaker 2: White