Speaker 1: And now podcast known as The Minnesota Goodbye. Basically, we maure the writer of the Minnesota Goodbye. So if you write in a letter or an email and we read it, we send you a staff writer sticker and if you've never gotten one you want to write in, then please do that. Let's get into our first one from Mikayla good Morning, KDWB crewe question I've been pondering for the past four years off and on. I'm a dunk Trump Dunk Dump. Okay, I'm a dump truck driver and I often ask to use a porta potty on job sites or in pits and quarries. My question is, when you got to open a new toilet paper roll, what do you do with a paper wrapping? Do you put it in the liquid or do you put it on the side somewhere in the porta potty. I'm not sure what the proper etiquette is. That's a really good question, because she's in a porta potty where it's got the blue liquid in the bottom. I'm doing you can wad it up and throw it in the trash outside. I know that you're not supposed to put anything but oop and toilet paper into that thing, but you see everything in there, Yeah, diapers, books, not a book. Not sure what the proper etiquette is. I would say, you know, probably the proper etiquette is take it outside and throw it in a trash can. Yeah, or stick it in your pocket or put it in your truck for later. But I don't know. I mean maybe somebody who cleans porta potties for a living, yeah can tell.
Speaker 2: I shn't say that I've ever had to deal with that because most porta potties I feel like I go into there's just no toilet paper period, like it's empty, because you're usually like one. Do you use porta potties as something that usually involves drinking?
Speaker 3: For instance?
Speaker 2: Okay, when I did the why is that a chili open? Like a month ago, the porta potties were all out of toilet paper are like halfway through, So that's awful.
Speaker 1: It is the worst l I guess. I don't use one often enough. Usually the only time is before a run, and usually those are they were they were put there yesterday afternoon, so they still have a good stock at toilet paper. So hey, shout out to toilet paper porta potty cleaners, because what a thankless awful job. That is how awful and gross. But you know, somebody get I hope you get paid well because that is a great, awful, a wonderful thing that you provide. Yes, listen to your show every day while I'm driving. Thanks for all the laughs and thought provoking segments from Mikayla. Thank you, Michayla. Really appreciate that. Next one, Hello, Dave Ryan, goodbyers from Kayla Bailey. You're my girl and I love you. Hold on one second, I'm going to edit a little bit as I read here. Okay, I'm going to come back to that email because it's very long, and I want to make sure that I give it justice because I don't know whether to read the whole thing or whether I am whatever. So I'm going to come back to that one respectfully because i want to give it the credit the credit is due. Okay, Bailey, there's a fantastic, reputable vacuum store in Saint Louis Park called Park Vacuum par Now, this came up on the show yesterday because Bailey bought a cheap ass vacuum a dirt devil from down at the Walmart.
Speaker 3: I don know if it was from Walmart.
Speaker 1: But well it makes the story better for a while. Yeah, it's good for the bit. Oh, okay, the bit for the bit. So and I always say, don't buy appliance electronic moving part things from Walmart because Walmart, from what I understand, they will contact a manufacturer like Toro and say, build as a lawnmower that we can sell for seventy nine ninety nine. So Toro, if they want the business, they will come up with a lawnmower that is seventy nine ninety nine but also will break after three hours of use.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My experience with vacuum cleaners at Walmart is they break after three hours of use.
Speaker 3: So where did this person tell me to go.
Speaker 1: It's called Park Vacuum in Saint Louis Park.
Speaker 3: Park a Vacuum.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that's kind of buy my place. Actually not super close, but I've walked past it on like walks.
Speaker 4: Before I can wave at you while I go get my new vacuum.
Speaker 1: Jennifer goes on to say the people, they are super knowledgeable and helpful. I bring my vacuum there when it stops working and they look at it and sometimes fix it at no charge. They are awesome. Check it out since it's fairly close to the station, and it's a block away from my favorite cheers bar, the American Legion Post two to eighty two, where you can get cheap drinks and strong poors.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I definitely know where.
Speaker 2: It is now, Ye yeah, I like, I mean, it's not close to my house, but I do walk in that vicinity sometimes, and I remember like paying attention one day to like a vacuum shop, and I was like, oh, I've never noticed that before.
Speaker 1: Now. She goes on to say, on your podcast from March nineteenth, you were talking about podunk bars in Wisconsin and the Gray Fox Bar in green Isle, Minnesota, where you can get cheap drinks, and there's not many places in the cities like that. Let me introduce you to and then she goes back to the American Legion in Saint Louis Park. Everybody that is so friendly. Beer is three to four bucks poors. Your generous cocktails are not fourteen dollars. You can get two to three stronger cocktails for that. I Stab is quick, friendly and the food is really good. I got there. Pull dabs, eat dabs, bingo karaoke. You don't need to be a member. It's open to the public. Bailey, I know plenty of single people there that might want to get to know Wow.
Speaker 4: Writing down American Legion Saint Louis Park got it.
Speaker 1: Bailey just hanging out looking at people at the American Legion, Cydity at the bar, nursing a cosmo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a cosmo like beer.
Speaker 1: Another Jennifer says, I know it's a long shot, but I think I thought i'd asked, since Bailey knows a lot of theater people. Do you know anybody who does singing telegrams? For my mom's seventy fifth birthday March twenty sixth, Wednesday, that's tomorrow. I know it's short noticed, but I thought i'd ask. I thought it'd be really nice. I think she would really love it and it would make her smile. Do you know anybody who does sing I don't think they do singing telegrams?
Speaker 4: Am I know people who do, like princess parties, that could potentially record a video of them singing. I know a bunch of singers that would maybe sing a song for you on a video, but I don't know. I've never heard of a singing telegram that like shows up somewhere.
Speaker 1: They used to do them. They used to be in the Yellow Pages, and it was called Eastern Onion instead of Western Union. It was called an Eastern onion.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And they would come by in a penguin suit or a giraffe suit or whatever, or a waiter or whatever, and they would sing you a singing telegram.
Speaker 3: That sounds fun. I would love to get a singing telegram. But no, I don't know. I wish I had the correct answer for.
Speaker 1: You, Jennifer. I would say, look it up online. If you listen, she writes it into the general show. It doesn't say Minnesota goodbye in the subject, so I don't know if she listens or not to the Minnesota goodbye. But look it up online. Yeah, singing telegrams. I have not heard of a singing telegram in many years.
Speaker 2: I you could probably find something like that on like a TikTok. Yeah, I mean locally, it might be a little bit harder. Which, by the way, can I bring this up real quick? Did you guys know my TikTok was hacked?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I heard that. Yeah, peop, we are.
Speaker 2: Fucking pissed because, like I've had that account for like five years and somebody just like got in somehow. I had gotten a text message at like eight in the morning on Saturday, like hey, like you have a new code, and someone signed in from like Illinois blah blah blah blah. Oh and so I go to TikTok and literally it won't let me sign in and someone's like taking over my account. It changed the name, deleted all my posts.
Speaker 3: How did they even get I have like the.
Speaker 2: Verification that you have to send to your phone yea, to your email, and I didn't get I did get an email sent to me, but it was like they somehow changed the phone number on my account and so now they're getting verification codes to that phone number.
Speaker 3: So anyways, we can move on.
Speaker 1: I'm just well, no, that is frustrating because it is it is such a personal thing. That's your TikTok that you built up over five years, yeah, and somebody hacked into it. I can never figure out what you gain from hacking into somebody's Facebook or TikTok, Right, why would you do that?
Speaker 4: And the like posting random stuff too, like what's the point of your what's the point posting and deleting all of the stuff that you already had.
Speaker 3: That's what's confusing.
Speaker 1: What joy do you get? And that's why I think it's got to be a bot, because I can't imagine some human and you got to figure it's like, you know, some other country or you know, it could be somebody here with it that's bored. But you can't imagine somebody would be like, oh, here's a random girl from Minnesota. M right, you know it would be fun is to Okay, I broke into it and now I'm going to replace it with a bunch of garbage posts. Where's the joy in that? So I think it's a bot and I don't know why somebody would do that. Okay, next one, Rebecca writes in she is a Calf and Heifer Nutrition specialists and AGG partners. I think she might have been on the show before because that title sounds interesting. Calf and Heifer Nutrition Specialists, Dave, I'd like to thank you for always defaulting to women when referring to a job. If you ask your doctors, she'll likely And I do that because it's like, okay, yeah, you get on the airplane and the pilot shows up and she's drunk. You know, I'll always make it a woman just because I don't know. I just do. Women are almost always drunk, You're almost always drunk, And I do it because the default seems so sexist to say, you get on the airplane and the pilot he comes on and he says, it just seems like, well, why should it always be a he mm hm. So I just default to a woman and she's usually drunk. Classic, Yeah, so not true. I'm reading a book called Invisible Women. It really opens my eyes to understanding the importance of gender data gaps and how much the world is really not designed to account for our needs. I'm the middle of the road politically but probably lean to the right and personally, even as a woman, I've discounted a lot of things that just and just taken them for what the world is. Actions like Dave shouldn't need to be applauded, but really do make a difference for quality. I think she means equality, and then she goes on to talk about how last year I was at Pike's Peak after my hike a couple of months later, and I ran to a bunch of people who were like a traumatic brain injury brain coalition hike of Pike's Peak. Oh yeah, And I said, oh, I kind of want to do that, and she says, I'm a survivor of a serious traumatic brain injury. I'm going to Colorado next month and I'll be close to Pike's Peak and be willing to hike it with you. After I acclimate to the altitude you mentioned you might want to do it again. I am in good shape. Blah blah blah. I will tell you this one. I don't recommend hiking up Pike's Peak when there's snow because it is up to your knees yees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's up to your kneesying honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's icy. You might need like spikes, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, terrible. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you were going to do it, Rebecca, good do it in probably July, August or early September. Yeah, those are about three months out of the year when there is no snow on Pike's Peak. All right, another email, and here we go. This one starts off with pictures of a dog and it's from Mia and I love it. People are just so kind. They're sending me pictures of dogs, and they're sending me links to foster a dog and links to the you know, and it's just so kind and people. Really, I had a dream about Josie last night. I was pumping gas and there she was sitting next to me. Why, I don't know, looking up at me. She's so happy and she was just I mean, I'm gonna get teary, but I just look around, like when you lost Mickey a year or two ago, two years ago, over.
Speaker 2: Two years ago, you.
Speaker 1: Know, you find yourself coming into the house and they're there to greet you, and they're excited, and they get up and they do that stretchy thing where they put their paws on the floor in front of you, big stretch and they come over and wag their tail and they let them outside, and you know, you, oh, then you got it's five o'clock. He got to feed him, and they're so excited and they come running in and I just miss all that, and I look around for and I think I see her out of the corner of my eye, and it's not her. It's that fucking cat, Roger, that fucking cat. Anyway, No, I love Roger, he's just not he's not I'm not his person. Yeah, I'm nice to him. I give him treats every morning, and he meets me at the treat bowl every morning, and I give him treats, but he is not he doesn't jump up on my lap. I'm not his person. So anyway, Mia writes in Dave, Jenny Bayleyvant, First of all, you brighten my day every day. Dave. I thought of you recently because I went to my first bar trivia night and the team that won got every single question right. Just a little suspicious if you ask me, because when I go to bar trivia, I almost always see somebody cheating, and it's like, why, it takes the fun out of it. There's no joy in winning. It's kind of like I can cheat on my wordle every day. I can, like you know, I can do it and get it and then clear my history, my cash or whatever, and now I know the word is like you know, raise type and raise and go. Look, everybody, I got wordle in one word and one guess there's no fun in that, so white sheet. It goes on to say, I'm so incredibly sorry about Josie. I know she was more than just a dog. She was your best friend and constant companion. I can only imagine how much you're missing her, and my heart goes out to you. I just know you gave her so much love and that she knew in her life, and that's all she knew in her life. Thinking of you and sending so much love. I got my first dog last year. She is on Instagram little Miss Georgia. It looks like in the word miss there's three s's, or that could be a typeo Little Miss Georgia. She's half Cavalier, half poodle, but on the smaller side. She's about eleven pounds now great energy level. Also loves rainy day snuggle on the couch. I know it's hard to think about getting another dog, and I'm sure you've gotten enough advice, but I truly think Josie would want you to give that attention and love to another deserving dog. Georgia and I love the entire Morning Crew and listen every day while I work from home. Cheers from me. Oh my god. The middle picture of you of little Georgia sitting there looking at you like, are you a treat? We can look up.
Speaker 3: Little miss George on Instagram. She is cute?
Speaker 1: Is it I S? S S?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: It is okay? Little miss with three s's little miss Georgia.
Speaker 3: She's very cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for sending those and thanks for I mean really that is very sweet, So thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Do you think you are going to get a new dog?
Speaker 1: So I want to. Yeah. We were driving around the other day and I said, hey, we're in the vicinity of the Golden Valley Humane Society. Let's go look. And Susan can be really stubborn sometimes and she she is like, no, we're not going to go look until we're serious about it. I'm like, there's no harm just looking in going by and looking just to look. She's like, no, I'm not and she just and I didn't you know you learn pick your battles, right, So I said no. But honestly, on the way home today, I've got kind of a free afternoon, I might go buy the Golden Voundy Humane Society just to look.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I drive by it and if i'm if I'm not going somewhere specifically and i have, like, you know, an hour to kill or something, I'll just skirt right into the Golden Valley to look at all of the dogs and the cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did that in Colorado a week after Josie died. I went by the Pike's Peak Humane Society and it was kind of disappointing because you can't go in the room where the cages are. You stand in the hallway and look through the glass at the cages. And there was only a few dogs, and there was one that kind of spoke to me a little bit, but you know, it was I'm not going to adopt a dog on a whim.
Speaker 4: In Colorado, this humane society where I got my cat was a very very small town humane society that was truly just like a shed almost, and it.
Speaker 3: Was so weird.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was in the wrong place when I showed up. But they had maybe like seven cats total in this little shed, and he was so cute, and there was just like one lady just taking care of all of it on her own and worth it.
Speaker 3: So I would go and get a dog.
Speaker 1: My dream dog is a tannish brownish, short hair, kind of a wiry, smallish dog like a cat, with longer legs. He's got an adorable little face with white streaks, and he looks a little bit like a tiny greyhound.
Speaker 3: Do you want a boy dog? I don't care, okay.
Speaker 1: But this in my mind is a boy dog, Yeah, and he loves his snuggles and he loves to be held. But he's energetic and loves to run, so I can take him out on walks and hikes and he won't be like, you know, lagging behind me. So if you find that dog, let me know. That is the Minnesota Goodbye Ryan's show at KADWB dot com