Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five DRC, the talk station Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: Well, there is a vacation.
Speaker 2: There is gotta be Friday. Joe confirmed it with the Blue hoop. Uh and I a happy one to get brand TI. I'm right here looking forward to tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Every Friday at six point thirty we get to hear from Dave and get freaked out over the reality is going on in the computer world. Today we'll talk about a watchdog watchdog group that broke into the US federal agency and nobody noticed. Uh huh, it is unhealthy to always be on your phone. Topic number two and AI boyfriends are gaining in popularity. AI boyfriends? How does that work? I guess we'll find out from Dave as I'm looking all over the landscape of articles and news items and things that I could dive on into artificial intelligence boyfriends. And here's an article kids question mark. A growing number of Americans say no thanks, So our young people don't want to have any children of their own. And how could you have a child if you're a woman with an artificial intelligence boyfriend? Sheriff Jim Neil or Well, maybe that's a little over zealous, my hoping for an outcome in November that hasn't happened yet. Jim Neil for shaff former Sheriff Neil joins the program at seven oh five. Jim's a good man, an excellent man, and I sure hope he is the sheriff of Hamilton County after November's election. And then at eight oh five here in the morning show, we're here from David Junk. He's got a book Rock in the Kremlin. So that one taking place at eight oh five, and you can feel free to call if you get a comment. Five one three seven eight two three talk. Let's see here. I'm not quite sure where to start broll. Why don't just go ahead and take a look at the polls real quick before I get to and uh looking into what is with the power and the pro hamas, the pro terrorist protest outside. Now who's speech the other day burning the American flag? F capitalism, M F America. I thought this was about Israel. I thought this was about Palestine. I guess it's not. I guess it's more about capitalism and America generally speaking. That's a problem, folks, most notably when you consider the FBI director has already warned us about some acts of terrorism. Any people think there's going to be like an October surprise as we head on him into the November election. You ever heard of an October surprise? Yeah, it happens all the time. Might it be something along the lines of a terrorist action in fact, bake that into the cake. Let's look at the polls.
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Emerson College poll just released. Well, she got a little bit of a bump anyway. In the swing states, Trump still leads Harris in Arizona forty nine forty four. That's actually the widest margin of lead right now. Georgia forty eight forty six. Trump's ahead of Michigan forty six forty five, within the margin of era. I might point out, he's head in Pennsylvania forty eight forty six, and they are tied in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: All five swing swing.
Speaker 2: States have a decided a sizeable rather number of undecided voters, not double digits though, Arizona seven percent.
Speaker 3: That's the largest.
Speaker 2: Well, Pennsylvania, Arizona seven percent, Michigan nine percent undecided, Georgia's seven in Wisconsin five percent undecided. And I honestly maybe it's because I pay attention to politics so so much. How could you be undecided? Your choices have been made for you, Democrats, most notably you. You didn't get a say in the matter. It's Kamala Harris sucks to be you. Maybe not, at least on the Republican side, right or wrong. The Republicans decided in their primaries who they wanted to be their candidate. That notwithstanding, you only have two to choose from. And I know Robert F. Kennedy Junior and the Green candidate are all floating around back there in the background, but they're not viable candidates. So in the final analysis, how could you be undecided this late stage of the game, unless, of course you're just not familiar with politics generally speaking, Kamala Harris's background specifically speaking. But anyhow, there they are undecided. As many as nine percent young voters. According to the pollster Spencer Kimball, the executive director of Emerson College Polling, young voters have shifted toward Harris. Her support compared to Biden increased by sixteen points in Arizona, eight and George five in Michigan, eleven in Pennsylvania, and one in Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: So really, for young people. It's about age.
Speaker 2: I would argue, maybe they're not paying attention to politics. Sadly though, in the Senate races, this Emerson College poll reflects that Democrats are ahead in some pretty key elections. Arizona the Democrat leads the Republican forty six forty two, Michigan forty five forty one, Pennsylvania forty eight to forty four, and in Wisconsin you got Tammy Baldwin leading Republican Eric Hoved forty nine forty three. So some positive built in there and some pretty substantial negatives. We hope to take the Senate back, We're going to do something about those races. Let us see here, moving over, we have a nationwide polling average that's been maintained by the Hill Online, left leaning website along with Decision Desk HQDDHQ, so they've been tracking this for a while. Numbers in poles from both before and after Biden exited the race, so they look at Arizona and it's actually comparable numbers. Harris leads Trump leads Harris by seven point two percent in Arizona swing state. This one shows Trump leading Harris by four point six in Georgia, comparable to the other pole two point two ahead of Harris in Michigan. That's within the margin of era. Trump leads Harris by more than eight points in Nevada, but again no significant polling coming from Nevada since Kamala Harris was anointed. Pennsylvania, Trump has an edge of four points over Harris, and finally, in Wisconsin, well the tightest battleground at present, This separate hill DDHQ average has Trump leading Harris by two points, essentially the same as his margin over Biden, so not a whole lot of movement there compared to Biden. In some particular cases, Harris has exceeded Biden's number, so age may have been a fact her in there. Take the age out of the issue, and there you have it, policies with a different person leading the charge for those policies. In terms of qualification, we have a UGOV poll. Why not it's Friday economists you GOV poll Do you think Kamala Harris is qualified to be president? Thirty nine percent of independence said yes, thirty seven said no, twenty four percent don't know. Going back to my comments earlier about how can you really not know unless you haven't been paying attention to politics.
Speaker 3: It's maybe the fundamental problem in America.
Speaker 2: Only eighty four percent of registered Democrats said Harris was qualified.
Speaker 3: Did I read that correctly?
Speaker 2: Nine percent said she was not qualified, seven percent of Democrats not sure she's qualified. Among all respondents across the board, Democrats, Republicans, Independence, everybody forty seven percent to forty seven percent on the qualification question, which is kind of funny half and half. So you'd think that someone who's been chosen by the Democrats to be the nominee would be pulling a little bit higher on just the simple.
Speaker 3: Question of qualification.
Speaker 2: And finally, this one is a throwaway, I believe you gov Times of London poll conducted July twenty second to twenty third after Biden's announcement that he was leaving and the annointment of Kamala Harris. When asked to what extent, if it all, was Harris involved in covering up Biden's health that question based on an assumption that his health is poor, which we all know it is anyway, sixty eight percent said a great deal, seventeen percent somewhat so, coming in at ninety two percent thinking Kamala Harris was complicit on some level with covering up Joe Biden's deteriorating health. Not a good point to start off on a question of trust, isn't it. That's a question of trust, and there's not a whole lot of trust floating around the world these days, is there? So probably a very important qualification for president. And going back to the question is is she even qualified? I guess on the issue of trust. Maybe that's where she fails. Hey, how five one three seven, four eight two three talk with Pound five fifty on AT and t phony. In other related news, we struggle and deal with the political dysfunction in our world. And I mentioned yesterday getting on the morning show, Norad had to scramble fighter jets because two Chinese H six bombers and two Russian TU ninety five strategic bombers detected in a coordinated effort off Alaska's coast right international waters, but they were heading toward our airspace, which required us to scramble our jets. Freaking me out because this is I think reported to be the first time the Chinese and the Russians have gotten together in a coordinated effort, presumably to test our defenses and to see how we respond when the Chinese and the Russians get together with bombers flying toward our airspace. And then yesterday, later in the day, I found out that warships from Russia's Baltic Fleet are going to be visiting Havana for a few days. Hmmm, got a training ship, a patrol frigate and a refueling tanker. Doesn't sound like a real huge military presence. But if the Chinese and Russians are working on one side of the country, and you've got on the other side of the country slightly south the Russians and the Cubans, one can eat least question. And I hope that our military leaders are looking into this a little bit, because you know, is this some sort of coordinated effort. Are they preparing for something down the road while we are in this very concerning state of weakness and political instability. It's a frightening, frightening thing. Sixteen But you five krc DE Talk Station, Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove get in touch with Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove has been mentioning summertime is an awesome time to take care of your safety and Chimneycare, Fireplace and stove can certainly do that. They have experts who will inspect your chimney, your fireplace flu They can inspect your gas, your gas fireplace unit, or your free standing unit. Check it all out to make sure it's venting properly, that it does not need a sweep, and if it does, they of course have certified chimney sweeps to take care. They do waterproofing, chimney relining, cap and damper replacement, literally everything related to chimneys and the devices attached to attach to them, including these self feeding wood waste pellet stoves. Strucker's got one of those, really great to heat your home inexpensively in the wintertime. Tabit serviced and cleaned out right now. In terms of maybe wanting to get one of those installed, it's also an excellent time to take care of that. Hey, you been thinking about a free standing stove, Get one now, have it installed. You're ready to hit the ground running this fall. For all things. It's the show room, I'll tell you they got a huge selection right there at four thirteen Wards Corner Road, just goes south Onwards Corner off two seventy five. You'll see it on the left hand side of the road there about about a quarter a half mile down. Online you find up a Chimneycare cot dot com and when you call them to have your chimney and fireplace inspected, have them clean your dryer. Event out, they do that too, and crew improve the efficiency of your dryer, of course, which costs you more money when it's clogging. It also well gets rid of that pesky fire hazard. Chimneycare, Fireplace and Stove online Chimneycareco dot Com five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Thanks Joe, it started already, huh, jeez, Louise five twenty.
Speaker 5: One, Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: It was rather nauseating, Joe. I'm really it isn't.
Speaker 2: Kind of like my initial gut reaction was just sort of bile in the back of my throat. At least we pronounce their name right now. I wrote Genie out of the bottle on this one. I think stick a fork in it. We're done rather interesting, and I gotta give Reuter's props for doing this. This is it's absolutely mind boggling. Well it's not mind boggling, it's just absolutely frightening reuters went out into the world and by all accounts, I read the whole article and it's a really lengthy, in depth analysis of how they were able to do this. But in the final analysis, it was very easy. Thirty six hundred dollars in a web browser, resulting in them getting enough precursor materials to make literally make three million dollars worth of fentanyl. Most of the same chemicals used to make fentanyl are crucial to legitimate industries, they say, perfumes, pharmaceuticals, rubber dyes, so the stuff that they're making fentanyl out of has legitimate, non criminal applications out in the world. And they pointed out that tight restrictions on these precursor materials would up end global commerce. And because fentanyl potency even small quantities, as you know, the precursors can produce vast numbers of tiny pills. And they even bought a pill machine online that makes what look like pharmaceutical pills, except they would be made out of fentanyl. They bought twelve chemicals that could be used to make fentanyl. Most of the goods arrived as seamlessly as any other mail order packages. They even got assistance from the Chinese, as it's the Chinese that are selling these precursors, assistance on how to make fentanyl from some of the folks online who were selling the precursor materials. Team produced secondary ingredients used to process the essential precursors, as well as base seek equipment, giving them everything they needed to produce it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: They were quick to point out multiple times in the article, I think because their lawyers told them to that they did not make the fentanyl.
Speaker 3: But they did interview people who made it, and.
Speaker 2: They saw an online article on how to bake it, and they say, you only need a basic grasp of chemistry to turn these precursor materials, which you can get via mail order in dark web, and you don't even need dark web in many cases. They had interviewed one twelve year old dropout who is a cook of fentanyl.
Speaker 3: He called it.
Speaker 2: He said, quote it's mega easy making that drug. Close quote twelve year old dropout can make fentanyl. Guess what, so can you. The United States is the biggest consumer, Mexico is the biggest manufacturer. China well is the manufacturer of the raw material. So from China to Mexico to the United States with a mere stop at the Mexican drug cartels operations where the twelve year old educated kid will make it and then ship it over the border, or as the case may be, if you're Reuters, you just buy the stuff in the United States and have it shipped either to Mexico or directly to the United States, and then you have everything at your disposal to make it, including the pill machine. It just was eye opening, and China is not interested in stopping the flow of these drugs at all. Of course, Mexico is taking a hands off approach. They are run by the drug cartels who make billions of dollars manufacturing these in these tiny fentanyl labs. So if you get an opportunity, I'll just let you go out into the world. It's easy to find the article. Just search Reuters the headline we bought everything needed to make three million dollars worth of fentanyl. All it took was thirty six hundred dollars in a web browser. Can you unring that bell? The Chinese are actively engaged in flooding the United States market with fentanyl, whether it goes through Mexico or whether you want to make it in your own basement and you and the mail system will deliver it to you. They all kinds of workarounds that they talked about in this article about how the fennyl shows up. Sometimes it doesn't. I mean it's in a box labeled parts of something, or it's it's mislabeled, or even in cases they went through, it was properly labeled. Again, because a lot of these precursors are not illegal in and of themselves, they haven't been converted into an illegal product. So it's right there the label the precursor, and my name is on the box you get when it's delivered by the US mail or, as the case may be, when it's delivered to Mexico if it can't be shipped directly to the United States because of laws on the books. So I don't know how you stop that from happening. I really don't. How about just don't take the drugs. How about let's turn the US into the least likely market for drugs?
Speaker 7: I know, right?
Speaker 3: Pipe Dream five.
Speaker 2: Twenty five five Krcity Talk Station Local Stories. Alternatively, I Love Here from You five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And for residential plumbing work call my friends. Are plumb type plumbing plumbing done right. They live by that. It certainly is plumbing done right. What more could you ask. They don't charge the service charge. They are very, very very good at customer service. They will arrive on time, even let you know when they're about twenty minutes out that they're on their way. I like that and hate waiting around for a window and I don't know specifically during the window when they're on their way, so they take care of that as well. It's dead They faara and ethical pricing. It's always fair and ethical to show up. The will evaluate your plumbing job and to give you a quote, and you will like it. It's always plumbing done right, as I mentioned. So for big job, small jobs, everything in between. Call plumb Tight online. You'll find a plumbtight dot com t I T E. Plumtight dot com. The number is easy five one three seven two seven tight. That's five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: That's not bad day today, sunny for the most part, low humidity and a high of eighty five, will.
Speaker 1: Take it clear night done to sixty two.
Speaker 2: Sunday Tomorrow eighty eight, overnight sixty six with partly climbing skies and a hot Sunday ninety one with mostly sunny skies and a chance of storms.
Speaker 3: Sixty five degrees.
Speaker 2: Right now, if you about KC Detalk station, it is five point thirty.
Speaker 3: It is Friday. I love Friday.
Speaker 2: One hour for now. One of the reasons Tech Friday with Dave Hatter and Tomorrow's a big day. Before I get to Tom on the phone, Tom hang on one second if I won three seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred two three talk Payton's Lemonade Stand. Tomorrow's a big day. I had Joe add the link back up to my blog page for this morning's page, even though we're not talking about it necessarily this morning except a reminder tomorrow the seventh annual Peyton Lemonade Stand. It is a beautiful story. It's a wonderful charity, and I'm hoping that they can surpass last year's charitable contributions by buying lemonade going to multiple different charities helping out young people and children and folks in need. One hundred thousand dollars made last year. I was hoping, after talking to the Peyton's Lemonade Stand folks, that maybe we could get them over two hundred thousand dollars this year. Just an absolutely heartwarming story Peyton's Lemonade Stand dot Org. I just got done posting it on my Facebook page and get a link to that right there. If you're friends, will be on Facebook. Tom, Thanks for i'll call this morning. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 7: How you been.
Speaker 1: I've been fine, man, fine, fine.
Speaker 2: Other than all the problems in the way to the world on my shoulders, which I feel like I gotta carry, I had to.
Speaker 8: I had to call in this morning with all the recent events. Uh, other other than the attempt at assassination, not really much as things and that's a big deal, by the way, I'm not brushing aside. But other than that, it's not really been anything too drastically crazy that out of the Ornian. I am a slightly surprised they're going with Kamala because of how terrible of the candidating.
Speaker 9: If they're really that's the best you guys can do.
Speaker 8: But if they didn't go with Kamala, the backlash would likely be more than they can deal with passing over you know, a black email because they're all about identity, politician and a lot of stuff. So but you know you guys, you know Joe and and regular listeners. Though I don't go around saying, don't vote Biden, don't vote Harris, don't vote shared brown old vote to shared old vote.
Speaker 10: Have have.
Speaker 8: I I make a blanket statement because it really doesn't matter who is on the ballot next to the letter D. They're all the same. It's gonna be bad for the country, bad for your city or save or county. They're gonna and they're gonna try to push policies that are gonna take more of your money, take more of your freedoms. It really if irrelevant to who they put in there as the presidential candidate. It really doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: They could they could.
Speaker 8: Take the most finely polished person and best speaking whatever. It doesn't the politician, but it doesn't matter, or somebody that even looks like they're down home whatever, it doesn't matter. If they got to be next to their names, it's trouble, it's problems and the and there's a lot of evidence around we all we've all seen it. We look at our paychecks, we look at the grocery stores. But one of the biggest things that we could see around is and they're signed everywhere. That show is this, and we all drive by them every day. And that's those big signs out in front of the gas stations. And they got they got numbers on them. But but they the numbers say the same thing that I always say. Yesterday, I actually saw one and I'm talking to Joe, and we think it might have been a mistake, but once said four twenty five. I don't know. We're getting ready a big height over in Tolerain in my neighborhood. And I looked on gas Buddy and I didn't see the change on it, but I saw it with my own eyes about eight o'clock last night, So like, what the hell's going on here? I no way is this jumping over four dollars is just nut. So all these signs in front of these gas stations people, they all say the same thing. They all say, don't vote Democrats.
Speaker 3: That's a great weekend, great hearing from you, Tom. It's been too long.
Speaker 2: I hope that the regular calls returned to get a kick out of it real kick in sort of a local story. H I A Supreme Court ruled yesterday that consumers should not expect boneless wings to be free of bones. I have a Supreme Court four to three decision after a guest of a restaurant f out of legal action suffering after suffer serious medical complication because a bone from a boneless wing got stuck in his throat. Michael Berkheimer, having dinner with his wife and friends at a wing joint Hamilton, Ohio, ordered his usual boneless wings with parmesan garlic sauce, felled a bite sized piece of meat go down the wrong way. Three days later, he was feverish, unable to keep his food down, so he went in an emergency room. Doctor discovered a long, thin bone that had torn his esophagus and caused an infection. He sued the restaurant in place, called Wings on Brookwood, claiming they failed to warn him that boneless wings could in fact contain bones. His lawsuit named the wing supplier as well as the farm that produced the chicken according to and accused them of being negligent. Yesterday's decision from the Supreme Court said that boneless wings refers to a cooking style, and this guy should have been on guard against bones, since it is common knowledge that chickens, generally speaking have bones.
Speaker 3: Lower courts had also dismissed Berkheimer's suit. This one, of course, firms that dismissal.
Speaker 2: Justice Joseph Dieters, writing for the majority, quote, A diner reading quote boneless wings close quote on a menu would no more believe that the restaurant was warranting the absence of bones in the items than believe the items were made from chicken wings, just as a person eating chicken fingers would know that he had not been served fingers.
Speaker 7: Hmm.
Speaker 3: According to descent quote.
Speaker 2: The question must be asked, does anyone really believe that the parents in this country who feed their young children boneless wings, or chicken tenders, or chicken nuggets or chicken fingers expect bones to be in the chicken. Of course they don't. When they read the word boneless, they think that means without bones, as do all sensible people. Close quote Justice Michael Donnelly. For whatever reason, I seem to think, I feel the more the way Judge Donnelly does. Then, of course, judge eaters. But now five thirty six fifty five car seed talk station Pressed Deese Interiors for kitchener Remodeling called John Ryan. He is Pressed these Interier is the one of the statements his company, and he's going to be your partner in your kitchener modeling project, your true partner from initial design to final installation. John has been doing kitchens for almost I mean almost exclusively as a remodeler, focusing almost exclusively on kitchens for like thirty five years. He did our kitchen and he's got great ideas. I love to emphasize that because I think, you know, you know what you think you want in a kitchen, but when you sit down with John, he'd like, well what about this and what about that? Like, oh my god, what a great idea. Exactly. That's what thirty five years of doing kitchens comes with. When you get John working on your team and he is your true partner. He handles the crews, he manages everything, and he can stay within your budget. So do you want to cut your entire kitchen and start from scratch or do a simpler project like replacing the cabinets and or countertops. He's the man for the job, probably serving the Greater Cincinnati area in or the Kentucky member the aplus of the Better Business Bureau and member of the National Kitchen Bath Association. Check him out online. It's press d He's one two three dot com, Presty's one two three dot com and please tell him. Brian said high his number five one three two four seven zero.
Speaker 4: Two two nine fifty five KRC in this week's Marketers Report.
Speaker 1: Oh on New Friday.
Speaker 2: So anybody who normally listens at this time on a Friday does, I'm sitting here in front of a stack of stupid.
Speaker 3: With a bunch of naked guys in it.
Speaker 11: Wow.
Speaker 3: He's got a Hot Springs.
Speaker 2: Where a nudeman was arrested early Monday after allegedly entering a Christian women's shelter and breaking into a vehicle, stealing an umbrella, among other items a corner of the Hot Springs Police Police Alfred Rockwell Quinn, who's sixty one, taking to custody after six a m at Potter's Clay Ministries, charged with felony count of breaking and entering punishable by up to six years in prison, and misdemeanor charge of criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct thirty seven hundred and fifty dollars bond.
Speaker 3: He's being held on.
Speaker 2: Court records say he was convicted and back in October of last year in Washington County of residential burgleary, burglary, breaking and entering, theft the property, theft by receiving, and various felony drug charges. Sentence six years supervised probation, probable cause affective.
Speaker 3: It says.
Speaker 2: Shortly after six am Monday, Hot Springs Police officer Austin Rodgers was dispatch of the Potters Clay A building regarding a burgley. While going there, dispatchers advised that a naked black man was inside the building and ran outside when confronted, but was still inside the gated facility. Officer Rogers said he could hear screaming from inside the facility and then saw several females running away toward him screaming. They told him a naked black guy was running toward the back of the facility. Officers found an unsecured door to one of the living quarters. No one was supposed to be there and they were clearing the building. Rogers located the suspect, later identified as Quinn, hiding inside a bathroom and took him into custody without further incident. It was determined after he was in custody the Quinn had entered a Chevrolet car parked on the property belonging to one of the women and stole a black umbrella, a lamp, and a gate key to the facility. They were found inside a backpack belonging to Quinn. Hey, Joe, the umbrella was black, says right here, because you know, without that piece of information, we would have been left guessing. No to the facility. Knew Quinn and he reportedly did not have permission to be there. Okay, let's see here. Los Angeles man found naked and covered in blooded a home where a woman was killed and happened on Sunday last indeed identified the Los Angeles Police Department. Henry Brionez, nineteen, arrested at a home an nine hundred block in North Banning one a Sunday after police responded for a report.
Speaker 3: Of the stabbing.
Speaker 2: The man was found naked and covered in blood of the scene where a forty three year old woman and thirty nine year old man had both been stabbed. The woman courting the police, died of the scene. The man taken to the hospital by paramedics. Listed in stable condition. Benn is believed to be the son of the couple that were stabbed. What Geez booked into jail held on a two million dollar bill while waiting charge for murder. Next court date not listed. They're asking friend of Meady with information to please give the police a call. Killed his mom and dad five forty five fifty five care see talk station. Emory Federal Credit Union is a better way to bank, and it's Emory Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 3: You're gonna love.
Speaker 2: Banking with Emory really is far more pleasant experience in bank with the big guys. They've been doing it since nineteen thirty nine. That's when they open their doors. Now we're here, we find ourselves eighty five years later, and they're celebrating all the history and accomplishments of Emory Federal Credit Union. And to celebrate, they're offering special discounts and public events that you're not going to want to miss. So I encourage you to go to EMORYFCU dot org for more details about the events and other discounts, but also check out this part of the celebration. Boost your savings deposit with a certificate rate as high as five point two percent for six months.
Speaker 1: Not bad.
Speaker 2: Certain restrictions apply, as they do to all these types of things, so check it out online again EMORYFCU dot org. This is a limit of time offer MLS number four zero one zero eight seven. Federally insured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender fifty five.
Speaker 12: KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the exclusive audio home on NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 3: Coming up a five fifty fifty bout PERCD talk station.
Speaker 2: Tech Friday with Dave hat Or coming up at six thirty if you can stick around for that, and let's go back to the stack of Friday Stupid, which of course concludes well naked guys, and we'll come buy it with you. Indeed, yesterday's segment with I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliff, he missed this one. We got a Western Australian man now he was in court after he was accused of stripping naked and assaulting an airline crew member on board a Melbourne bound flight, forcing the plane to turn around thirty wild doing that on board a Perth to Melbourne flight, Camra cru said began removing his clothes and then assaulted a crew member. Airline staff noted the Australia notified the Australian Federal Police and the plane returned to Perth Domestic Airport where the officers were waiting to board the plane. They removed the man from the flight and he was arrested and taken for a mental health assessment. Charged vs summons with one kind of assaulting a crew member and one kind of offensive disorderly behavior on an aircraft. The assault defense carries a maximum offense of ten years in jail. Perth Airport Police Commander Peter Hatch said he had zero tolerance for disruptive or criminal behavior on board airplanes. Quote the safety and well being of all travelers and workers his paramount, particularly when people are confined during a flight, they expect to feel safe and not be subject to do aggressive or violent behavior. Stating the obvious he did there's a weird one on one accused the stripping naked and running into traffic in an effort to traffic in an effort to conceal her involvement in the shooting death of a guy, who was sentenced the thirty five years in prison after she pleaded guilty. Twenty two year old Tyree O. Robinson of Harvey, charged with second degree murder in the death of US Navy veteran Anthony Fefe twenty seven years old. Robinson agreed to plead guilty to a lesser charge of manslaughter, obstruction of justice, and possession of cocaine. Court to the Jefferson Parish records, deputies discovered Fife dead of a gunshot wounded the head when they responded to a single vehicle crash on Manhattan Boulevard a March rather of twenty one Court of witnesses, Fife swerved and hit a brick fence alongside of the road before crashing into a tree in the median on that street. No one else inside the vehicle by the time the deputy showed up, but witnesses told authorities they saw a woman with blood splotted on the left side of her body getting out one of the passenger side. The woman, later identified as Robinson, told passers by the driver passed out, then she fled into a nearby apartment complex, discarding items, including her cell phone. She asked a resident there if she could take a shower at his place, promising to pay him a thousand dollars. The drive to New Orleans, man noticed blood on Robinson offered to dial nine to one one, but she took the phone out of his hand, disconnected the call. Made her way to a nearby neighborhood, where other witnesses reported seeing her going into open garages. By the time she was spotted near the intersection of Lapalalco Boulevard and Bulcan Street, more than a mile from the crash site, she was completely naked. She ran up a place called Lapalco Bridge and flagged a car down. The driver's told deputies she stopped because she thought Robinson had have been the victim of domestic violence. She asked the driver to take her to New Orleans Again. Motorists noticed the flashing lights and sirens from several patrol vehicles. Despite her pleas not to pull over, the driver nonetheless stopped, and that's where Robinson was taken into custody. She denied fleeing or being in the fife vehicle. She told detectors she was kidnapped from a relative's home in Uptown, New Orleans the night before the shooting. Her clothing ripped off by a man who'd been chasing her as what she claimed, but the tectives found Robinson's fingerprints in Fife's vehicle and she'd been identified by witnesses. They never released a motive for the killing, but said that Fieffee and Robinson were acquaintances who exchanged text messages on the night before the shooting. Robinson arrested eventually and died of a second degree murder charge. If convicted, she would have faced a mandatory sentence of life in prison, maximum penalty from manslaughter forty years. She ended up getting sentenced by Judge Ellen Shearer Kovak to thirty five years in prison plus twenty years in prison for obstruction, two years for cocaine possession, presumably to be served concurrently. It's kind of wait that, uh, let us see your ninety year old pensioner. This is from Britain. Keith Tyson decided he would indulge his love for sculpture by turning the hedge in front of his home into a naked woman.
Speaker 3: He named her Gloria. That well, you could call it a bush if you want, Joe phrasing.
Speaker 2: Divorce father for said people stop and take photos of the five foot tall reclining figure. When they pass his house, and despite drunk people climbing on her for a grope phrasing, He's even caught people pretending to have sex with the shrubbery. He said, I'm ninety now, but still fairly physically. Okay, so I'll keep her going. She isn't going anywhere, She'll stay sat there on my wall. The shape isn't easy to do, so when I get my compliments, it's very pleasant to hear people do smile when they see Gloria, and I like that he named her.
Speaker 3: Gloria.
Speaker 2: Said he had planned on a naked lady shrub when he started manipulating the hedge into a slightly larger than life lady, apparently applying his time as an art student to formulate or form the shrubbery. She developed slowly over two to three years. It's just a creative thing that I enjoy messing about with.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 2: They have a photograph of the ninety year old next to the hedge, well, almost naked guy Joe almost in this particular case, almost naked woman. But since the article did have the word naked in it, and it is stupid, it made the cut stick around. Tech Fard mc Davehatter at six point thirty. We do that, and I'll love hearing from you. If you have a comment or a subject matter you'd like to talk about, feel free to call. I'll be back after the news history stras it happens.
Speaker 1: If you want to make America great again, Trump and it's away. At the top of the hour, fifty five krs the talk.
Speaker 2: Station sour watchdog group group broke into US federal agency.
Speaker 3: Apparently nobody noticed that.
Speaker 2: One also talking about why it's unhealthy to be on your phone all the time. Finally, artificial intelligence boyfriends gaining in popularity. That one's got me puzzled. Well, that's why we have Tech Friday's Dave Hatter anyhow, And one hour Jim Neil, we need to vote for him for sheriff. Great guy, a solid guy, knows the job and of course tough on law. He's a big supporter of law enforcement. Not woke Jim Neil. So Jim Neil returns to the program at seven oh five talk about how the campaign for sheriff in Hamilton County is going. And then at eight oh five A David junk is his name the book Rock and the Kremlin says here in the Soviet Union collapse in ninety one, Russia opened its borders and Russian audiences. We're hungry for Western popular music and the values that expouse. David Junk one of the first idealistic young Americans to seize the opportunity, first CEO of Universal Music Russia. This should be an interesting conversation that'll take place at day to five. Always an interesting conversation talking with you. You'll feel free to call five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talker with Pound five fifty on AT and T phones. And remember when you can't listen to lin on fifty five care sea dot COM's right there to hear my conversation with Alex Treantefilo yesterday about the coronation of Kamala Harris and what we need to do in order to sort of move forward thoughtfully with strategy to get to November successfully. I heard me The aviation expert Jay Ratlif joined the program yesterday as well, and Americans for Prosperity about Bernie Moreno.
Speaker 3: All the podcasts at.
Speaker 2: The fivecare sea dot com are also encouraging you to get a copy of your iHeartMedia app Second Amendment guy. I am and also an anti administrative straight state guy. And you talk about threats of democracy that comes from the administrative state. Now, Thankfully, in spite of the fact that Democrats believe the Supreme Court is a problem, the Supreme Court has made a lot of or has issued a lot of opinions honing back the expansive nature of the regulatory administration administrative state. Remember, the problem lies with our Congress passing loosely worded laws dealing with certain subject matters, and then they pass it along to the behind the scenes regulators who turn out regulations arbitrarily, randomly, and far beyond the scope of the laws that are passed. This is how you end up with this far reaching federal government. They just interpret things as broadly as they want and then next thing you know, you're in the crosshairs of some massive regulatory problems or cost adding measures, or in the case of firearms, you got the Bureau Alcohol TOBAC on firearms at every turn, seeking to take away your Second Amendment rights to keeping bare arms.
Speaker 3: Now, can the Bureau of.
Speaker 2: ALCOHL to back on firearms regulate firearms to a certain degree. Sure they have for a long time, but in order to do that, they have to have specific guidance from Congress. Right, Okay, Well, just the other day US District Judge Read O'Connor in Fort Worth, Texas issed an opinion saying that the ATF exceeded its authority by classifying forced reset triggers as machine guns. All right, machine guns under federal law. You're not allowed to own them without an FFL license, is tax stamp and all that. You got to go through a process in order to acquire and own a fully automatic weapon. I think all my listeners know that as opposed to a semi automatic weapon.
Speaker 3: Well, what's the difference.
Speaker 2: You pull the trigger back on a fully automatic weapon, it fires and continues to fire until you release the trigger. A semi automatic requires you pulling the trigger one time for each round that is fired. These force reset triggers reset the internal mechanism which allows you to hold back the trigger. And yet it does push the trigger back out, resetting it. But it acts like a fully automatic weapon. Some of my listeners probably even own one of those things. Oh maybe not. Anyway, they said the Bureau of Alcohol to back on Fireum, said that the trigger was a machine gun. Now you go work through that contorted logic, but the judge said, noe.
Speaker 3: Quote.
Speaker 2: Each time an agency circumvents the legislative process, it chips away from It tips away at the most prudent reason for the separation of powers, ensuring unelected and unaccountable individuals do not make the law. Amen judge, he headed the country's foundational documents, granted lawmaking authority two duly elected officials in order to safeguard against future tyranny.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: While this case may seem focused on firearms, it represents so much more. It is emblematic of a devastating problem that increasingly rears its head in federal courts, rampant evasion of the democratic process.
Speaker 3: I love this opinion.
Speaker 2: Texas Gun Rights brought the case National Association for Gun Rights. Initial complaint challenged the ATF's classification of forced reset triggers as machine guns, on the premise that the ban was arbitrary and capricious and violated constitutional rights. Amen ATF argued in its brief that outlawing the devices was needed to protect public safety. Well, then you let Congress outlaw the devices. You don't extrapolate that a trigger is a machine gun based upon the laws that were actually passed.
Speaker 3: That's the point. Turn to Congress, make it, do it, do their job. Oh but we can't do that. We'd have to wait. Congress is divided. They'll never pass this law.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome to democracy, Welcome to representative democracy in the republic that we find ourselves in. Just because they're just just because they're dysfunctional, they're divided, they don't do their job, and you know, in some way, shape orform that represents the will of the American people, we don't agree. Ergo, maybe they shouldn't be passing laws. Maybe they should be in gridlock, because there is no unified agreement in this country. If everybody wanted the reset triggers to be banned, then Congress would get together and van them, providing specific guidance to the regulatory state behind the scenes that no, this is what you're limited to by way of regulation. Judge ordered HF to stop sending notices and letters to manufacturers and gun dealers stating the devices or machine guns, or from interfering with their production and sale. Judge O'Connor Senators order there's no denying the tragic nature of the basis that reset triggers were banned. Under this extrapolated interpretation, it was the October twenty seventeen mass shooting at Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: He acknowledged that it's tragic. And here's the point.
Speaker 2: Quote but no matter how terrible the circumstances, there is never a situation justifying a court altering statutory text that was democratically enacted by those who are politically accountable. That responsibility belongs exclusively to Congress. Close quote. This is the bad facts make bad law argument. Yes, terrible facts. We need to do something.
Speaker 1: We need to ban.
Speaker 3: Look what happened when we have these things out of the public. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a job for Congress, not the regulatory state or the administrative State's see what Steve's got this morning. Hey Steve, thanks for calling today, and a happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 11: Happy Friday. You don't you don't enjoy Fridays, So you like Monday morning and morning at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see you're happy.
Speaker 2: You know me well, and you know, I gotta apologize. They've been kind of out of states this week. I feel like the world's falling apart around me with everything going on, and you know, and it's easy to feel that way, but I'm telling you I am.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest with you. It really really does wear.
Speaker 2: On me emotionally, cognitively, and I think it comes across sometimes in my attitude on the radio and my apologies to anybody that I may offend or you know, sometimes I'm out of sorts. I'm just a regular guy like everybody else.
Speaker 11: Well, thanks for taking the bullets for us. We appreciate it.
Speaker 7: We just.
Speaker 11: So a couple of comments about our brilliant vice president. When Prime Minister Netanyahu spoke to a joint session of Congress, it's similar to a State of the Union. You will have the head of the House, the Speaker of the House, and the president of the Senate, the Vice President of the United States perched up there above the president of the State of the Union. And they are to do that when it's a joint session of Congress with the foreign dignitary speaking. But it's amazing how the media can portray that. Listening on this station and I know the half hour updates that's syndicated. It's a left leaning news outlet whatever it is. But the other day they said she had previous commitment. Now, she went to a it was a convention the sorority that she was a member of. Yeh, So she did have a commitment, but it was trivial. Yes, it could have been pushed aside. But they didn't say that because they don't want.
Speaker 7: You to know that.
Speaker 11: So that that's part of the media is not they're not delivering the news they are. If Trump had gone to a fraternity meeting instead of meeting, that that would have been they would have said that, so that.
Speaker 2: Every single reporting, al uh would have had that been the headline, Trump attends fraternity reunion rather than seeing you the head of a of one of our greatest allies in the Middle East, absolutely be plastered everywhere. But you're right, And I laughed every time I read that, sort of in a sad and pathetic laughter. But you know, when you read it, she had prior commitments for an event in Indianapolis or something. It's like, never said it was a sorority reunion. You had to look outside of the mainstream media to find that specific fact, and it was, in fact a sorority reunion.
Speaker 11: Yeah, to dig for it a little bit, and here's here's the good one. And I can't take credit for this. I wish I could, but I heard this on Clay and Buck the other day and it was a caller that called in talking about the pronunciation of the vice president's first name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kamala Kamala learned from Mississippi James myself.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, here's here's what. Here's what I want you to think. Every time you're you're you mentioned her first name. Now, uh, they said the same way with Victoria. You could say Vicky, you could say Tory, you can kind of shorten it, so for her instead of Kamala Kamala, it's just commy, So that that's that's all you do about saying her first name Tommy. And she was the most liberal senator in the United States Senate and the entity that compiled those numb those figures, she was more liberal than Bernie Sands. Yes, they are scrubbing that as if the same way she was not the borders, she was not the most liberal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the most recent one.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I brought up both of those earlier in the week that the organization that tracked how liberal or conservative senators are did pull that. They said they recalculated their scoring, so they went to two years scoring, but that was about three or four years ago. They left the twenty nineteen single year scoring up showing her the most liberal senator up for four or five five years, and only this week took that scoring down, even though they allegedly changed how they score several years earlier. It was the fact that that made it all over the national news that point that she was the most liberal.
Speaker 3: So we got to hide that.
Speaker 2: It's I called it Orwell's Ministry of Truth yesterday of the day before. It's exactly what we're seeing. It is history, exactly, brother, exactly. Steve, you have a great weekend. Thanks for calling today six eighteen fifty five K Steve Talk Station. Your calls are welcome as well. And I want to save you money and I want you to be happy with services. That's probally my being high quality services and goods lower money. Isn't that what it's all about? Saving money and being happy. That's where affordable imaging services comes in. Because we're all going to get a scan at some point, whether it's an MRI, a CT scan and echo, cardigram, ultrasound, lung screening, or cardiac scoring. Why not pay a mere fraction of the hospital imaging department. Just go to affordable imaging services. Well, my doctor told me to go to and don't give a choice. When it comes to your medical care. You can go anywhere you want. And when an MRI costs four hundred and ninety five dollars without a contrast or six hundred and forty five dollars with a contrast including the radiologist report, compare that to what you pay at the hospital. You could literally be out of pocket thousands of dollars after the insurance payment.
Speaker 3: And if your.
Speaker 2: Copes, whatever your cope is, I recommend doing the math ahead of time. My friend Jeff did that, did the math ahead of time, and he saved himself thirty one hundred dollars by accordon to affordable imaging services for his echo cardiogram. I just find that mind blowing. But see this is the reality, same kind of equipment, same professionals operating it, a fraction of the cost of the imaging department five one three seven five three eight thousand five to one three seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five krc.
Speaker 2: SEXT twenty four The fifty five KRC detalk station Deck right with Dave had are coming up next, David.
Speaker 13: Eh.
Speaker 2: But notice a whole lot of people on Facebook dropping their Netflix account. And I saw the basis for that as the co founder of Netflix gave seven million dollars to a pro Harris political action committee and came out all glowy congrats to the Kamala Harris Now it's time to win. Seven million dollars described as the longest, the largest political donation this guy ever made to anybody that will be Netflix co founder read Hastings. And so I see people posting they've dropped Netflix. We're never going to be coming back, you know, and that that is one way you can make a stand. And I see they're going after Harley Davidson now, and this looks to me like a bud Light moment for Harley Davidson. Harley Davidson's lgbt Q plus boot camp. Does that sound like something that your typical Harley customer would embrace. There's an influencer, social media influencer, Robbie Starbuck. This is the guy that apparently brought the focus on John Deere for going DEI woke, which ultimately resulted in John Deere reversing their DEI policies because of the conservative backlash. Farmers typically not your you know, woke DEI type people either, but Harley riders Starbuck. This guy calls Harley Davidson a platinum founding member of the LGBT Chamber of Commerce in Wisconsin, which has opposed banning sex changes for children. Starbucks posted a ten minute including a Harley Davidson commercial in which it proclaims it is in quote all in on diversity and inclusion close quote Harley Davidson Legal Department that's reported here. I found this article on Newsmax. Legal department was required to take a woke twenty one day racial equity and literacy challenge featuring controversial work such as the sixteen to nineteen Project and the book Black Panthers and White Lies. According to this Starbuck influencer, apparently the CEO there's a proponent of green initiatives and has set a goal to make all Harley Davidson vehicles electric by twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how's this going to work out for you?
Speaker 13: Here?
Speaker 2: Let me get my popcorn out six twenty six fifty five KRECD Talks station. I think Harley Davidson could use Lean Arrow LLC business consultants.
Speaker 1: That's what they do.
Speaker 2: They look at businesses and figure out what is hindering progress, what is hindering your development, what's falling apart in your business that isn't a well oil mission. They have decades of experience, these Lean Aerow business consultants working at Fortune five hundred companies, and they know everything about businesses, all the business processes, and they analyze them and find out what is impacting your business, your your employee morale, Why do you have high tone of turnover, Maybe poor quality products or services, late deliveries, poor financial performance. It could be something in these in the lines, the connectivity between your employees, your business model, strategy, quality sales, manufacturing, supply chain engineering EHS. Their consultants do a deep dive and they figure out where you have some problems and they create a new process for your business, one that will help you achieve all of your goals and of course improve that bottom line. And right now, Lean NAROWLLC is offering a complementary business evaluation for qualified businesses. Take them up on it to learn more about what Lean Eerra can do for your business and see if you qualify and go to lean NARROWLLC dot com. That's leanerowllc dot com. See if you qualify and start realizing your businesses potent.
Speaker 14: Today fifty five the talk station looking to make your six thirty one happy Friday.
Speaker 2: It's that time of week. Thanks to the Interest it you find them a lot at interest I T dot com. If you're a business, you have computers, you need interest I T to do best practices and get you out of jams. And right there you'll find it Interest I T. And thanks for Interest for sponsoring the segment. Dave Hatter, Welcome back to the morning show. My friend's always good talking with.
Speaker 7: You, Brian, always good to be here, real real quick.
Speaker 15: You know I heard you in the last segment talking about Harley wanting to make all their vehicles electric. Yeah, I saw saw an article yesterday. There's a Twitter account called the kobeec Letter. If I follow it, they're like economic guys. Apparently Ford is expected to lose five billion on its electric vehicle business alone this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw this.
Speaker 15: Yeah negative, Their negative forty four thousand on every EV and their sales are down thirty seven percent, So that should work well you know how you turn that around volume, Megan, Yeah, like a change bank in New York. Right, that's the best Saturday Night Live skit ever.
Speaker 1: I think you're right on that. I agree with you.
Speaker 3: That is awesome.
Speaker 7: We deal in volume volume. That thing is a masterpiece, it really is.
Speaker 3: We can give you two four quarters, twenty Nichols, ten dimes one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there you go, volume.
Speaker 15: So anyhow, he's three profit all right, sorry, that's all right. Yeah, this is an interesting story. So SISSA is a cybersecurity and infrastructure security agency and there was a recent report out, you know, one of they amongst many things they do, they work with other federal agencies to try to secure them, which is a good thing. Yes, they have a they do something called a silent shield assessment where they will attempt to and the business red team is basically, you are a pretend to be bad guys and try to break into other organizations white hat hackings sometimes it's called So they didn't name the agency, but apparently they were able to break into another federal agency.
Speaker 7: And this is why this is scary. Not so much that they were able to get in.
Speaker 15: That's bad enough because you can you know, bet our adversaries around the world are doing this sort of thing for real. But they were able to explore you vulnerability without getting too deep in the weeds and too nerdy. There's something called the Common Vulnerability Database. It's also run by the government, and as software flaws are found, they will.
Speaker 7: Be logged and categorized. You know, Okay, how severe is it?
Speaker 15: That sort of thing, because I mean, let's be real, Brian, just because software has a flow on it, it might not be a significant vulnerability.
Speaker 7: It might not be worth your time.
Speaker 15: To patch, you know, so you've got to understand how risky is it and what does that mean for your organization. But they rated this particular bug nine point eight out of ten, so that is a very severe bug, a critical bug. They exploited that got into this agency. And then once they were able to get in, they spent some time. And this is what hackers will typically do. So they can scan the internet. They can find Okay, your system has this vulnerability. If I can exploit that to get in, then I can work around in there until I figure out where can I steal something worthwhile, which is usually your money. I mean, you know, again, obviously a nation state actor might have a different goal they're looking for, but usually for just you know, criminal hackers, it's money. So they lurked around in there for a while. Then they were able to find some accounts, some passwords, passwords stored in files that weren't secured, all the stuff we talk about all the time, accounts that had bad passwords, and they were basically able to get full control over this environment. And this is typically what hackers will do once they're in They're going to dig around, they're going to keep working, especially if you're a high value target, until they can figure out, you know, either how to get the specific thing they want or to get some type of administrative account where they have full control over the domain.
Speaker 7: So yeah, not good.
Speaker 15: And the reason why I think this story is a important not so much because you know, there are federal government agencies out there that are insecure and being taken over by our own white hat people trying to help fight these flaws and then ultimately patch them and make other agencies aware. But this is exactly this sort of thing the bad guys are doing. The businesses, and when you're a business, it says, I don't have anything to hide, I don't have anything worth stealing. I'm a small business. Why would they come after me? In many cases, it's because you're making it easy. You have these vulnerabilities, you have bad practices and processes, and they're not sitting around thinking, huh, I wonder if I could break into Joe's garage today and steal their money. They're using tools to find these vulnerabilities in your environment and then they'll chip away at it, you know if maybe if they can't get in right away, they might move on. But you've got to understand, and I know, Brian, we've talked about this many times over ten years. The people behind these kinds of attacks, in most cases, if it's not a nation state adversary, are in places where they have no money, no opportunity, lots of time on their hands, internet access and access to the tools that help them find these flaws, and they need money.
Speaker 7: They want money.
Speaker 15: They don't mind stealing your money, and there's really no repercussions to them because they're in places where they can't be touched. So by not patching these vulnerabilities, by not securing your systems, by not taking the kind of advice we give out every Friday, seriously, you are literally making it easy for the bad guys to steal your data, to steal your money, possibly both.
Speaker 7: And this is just a perfect example of that.
Speaker 15: Bit is if you really read through the details of this article, it's it's not shocking but depressing how easy it was for these Red teamers.
Speaker 7: To get into this agency.
Speaker 15: And trust me, that's very common across our business ah environment.
Speaker 2: And on that said note, but we will pause, come back and talk about what well it states the obvious it's unhealthy to always be on your phone. Now we finish that segment already. Look they've had or first, the Foreign Exchange, your premier European import automated automotive specialists, European and Asian imported cars, traditional imported cars. Foreign Exchange is the place to be. That's the west Chester location where I go. You want to take the Towlersville Legsit off of seventy five, go east two streets, hanging right on Kinglin, and you will be at the Foreign Exchange west Chester location, where they will fix your car, where you will get a full warranty on parts and service, and where you will leave Foreign Exchange with more money in your pocket than had you taken it to the dealer. It's all about your bottom line. At Foreign Exchange, You'll be happy because they are great people. They're friendly, and you got an a SE certified Master technician fixing your car. And again you get the warranty, so nothing to worry about and a positive experience because they will treat you great and you save money. H another no brainer thanks to Brian Thomas passing along to you. They're great people though. I've been taking my cars at Foreign Exchange now for years and years, always always happy with the service.
Speaker 3: Get in touch on them.
Speaker 2: It's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online Foreign X form, the letter X dot.
Speaker 1: Com, fifty five KRC dot com. Get into summer with IHAS sixty one talk station.
Speaker 2: Any very happy Friday to you, made extra happy because we get tech Friday day've hatter and talk about issues like this. Get off your phone, says, well, not just day, but apparently they've done some numbers crunching on this, and it's really bad for you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is not good for you. There's a guy who's gotten a lot of attention recently.
Speaker 15: His name is Jonathan haate, assuming I'm pronouncing that right, Hai Dt so called the Anxious Generation, and his book is focused on how, you know, all this technology, smartphones, social.
Speaker 7: Media and so forth are bad for kids. And you know, at this point, let's be realistic.
Speaker 15: Most people are accessing social media through a smartphone, right, It's not like the old days where they're you know, sitting at a computer in the basement on Facebook. So you know, when he's talking about this, you can just sort of think smartphone in general.
Speaker 7: Is the sort of nexus that makes all of this possible. Yep. And you know, the book has gotten a lot of attention.
Speaker 15: There's some states now in the US moving to band smartphones and schools, which I think is probably a wise decision because you know, not only the mental health.
Speaker 3: It's a distraction from learning.
Speaker 15: Yes, it's the distraction, right, I mean, let's face it, you and I both know. I mean, first off, just walk out in society and look, well, they really stuck in these things all the time. You know, how many times have you been to a concert, Brian where you're standing next to someone and literally they are basically watching the whole concert through the idiotic phone because they're filming it.
Speaker 2: No, wait, go ahead and get on Facebook today. There was a Foo Fighters concert last night. You can basically see the entire concert through people's posts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's nuts.
Speaker 15: I mean, I can't say I've never taken my phone out and filmed some minor segment of something at a concert, but do you know how many times I've gone back and watched that again?
Speaker 7: And the whole thing is nuts. But you know, this, this article and many people out there now are you.
Speaker 15: Know, raising concerns about people with phones and how much time to spend a time, and kids in particular. We've seen the current Surgeon General come out and argue that social media should come with a warning label.
Speaker 7: And you know, I think that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 15: While I don't think that's going to stop anything, you know, we need to get people to realize that spending all day long looking at these devices, getting all their news, all their social interactions out of these devices is not good. And you know, I'm not a not a psychiatrist or a psychologist, but studies increasingly show that people, when kids and especially spending all their time on these devices is not good. And like you mentioned, you know, think about it from a school perspective. I mean, I can imagine I was. I was a pretty distracted student to begin with. You know, I could if I would have had something like this, I'm sure I would have paid zero attention whatsoever.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 15: So I get that this creates a lot of anxiety for people to think about. Okay, I got to give up my phone. But I've also seen some recent studies where they've done this kind of thing in the schools, and after like the initial withdrawal period, which tells you some in and of itself, kids are actually like, oh, I'm glad I don't have all of this extra anxiety and stress and distraction.
Speaker 7: During the day.
Speaker 15: So amen, you know it's people. If you have kids, you should get the book The Anxious Generation. And I think we're past the time where it would be a good idea to start banning these things at schools at a minimum.
Speaker 2: Oh, without question, I could not agree with you more on that one. Well, and the next this one's puzzling me. We're gonna be talking about artificial intelligence boyfriends coming up next. I don't understand that as a concept. Dave's going to enlighten us here. Just hold on for a minute. It's six forty five. If you bout carc detalk station, zero Res carpet Cleaning, zero ressinsy dot com online, I take in schedule deployment and get twenty five percent off. That's right, right now, twenty five percent off all their cleaning services.
Speaker 3: Zero's carpet cleaning. It's not just carpet.
Speaker 2: They do well area rugs, which I think is a great Now it's fifteen percent off. I apologize, I apologize, fifteen percent off. I was looking at the on copy. Don't do that, Brian, and it is Friday. Apologies zeros they but they do our air duck cleaning as well, and it's fifteen percent off air duck cleaning as well. So carpet cleaning, air ducks, upholstery, air rugs, you just call them up. The ZR water which doesn't have any saw residue in it at all. The other guys use detergents and chemicals which will stick to the carpet. It doesn't all come out, and that acts as a magnet for dirt. So your carpets did get dirty or quicker using the other guys, not with patented z R water. So competently call zero Res carpet cleaning in five one, three, four, six, three fifty four forty five you mentioned my name, or go to the website zero Ressincywinni dot com coupon code Summer sale for fifteen percent.
Speaker 14: Off fifty five krc the talk station coming about six fifty fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: A very happy Friday toa Sheriff Jim Neil, hopefully again Sheriff Jim Neil at the top of the our news, of course, and very important race as we head on into the November elections. In the meantime, interest dot com where you find Dave Hot and the crew for your computer needs, businesses, business courses. They are the best, so get in touch with them. What artificial intelligence boyfriends?
Speaker 7: Come on, man, I'm well yeah, it's malarkey, Brian. We better do it right.
Speaker 15: You may recall we talked about this a few weeks ago from the reverse angle and mostly with a privacy focus. So Mozilla, before I jump directly into this, Mozilla, the people that make Firefox have a website called Privacy Not Included.
Speaker 7: I bring this up every once in a while because the website itself is.
Speaker 15: Full of useful tips for how to understand who makes privacy friendly stuff and who doesn't, And they did a deep dive into this, had an article recently called romantic AI chatpots don't have your privacy at heart and basically just proceed to rip this type of thing apart because their take on it is in order for it to seem like a real person.
Speaker 7: Ha ha ha.
Speaker 15: I think we can both agree to that you have to provide a lot of potentially sensitive and intimate data. And when you read the privacy policy and think about the possibility of them selling your data to make money and train their models, it's just crazy.
Speaker 7: So you know, that's if I encourage people.
Speaker 15: If you've used one of these or thinking about using one, whatever, you should go read what Mozilla has had to say on this topic first. But there's a recent headline, Yeah, the AI boyfriend business is booming, and you know, most of the press about this has been from an AI girlfriend perspective, but apparently these things are now popular for.
Speaker 7: Women as well. And in this article, you know, they mentioned some stats.
Speaker 15: For example, I campaign apps are surging and Resent Horowitz calls it a gross spurt, with eight apps making their twenty twenty four debut and the firm's list of the top one hundred gen ai consumer apps, compared to only two in twenty twenty three. They say engagement is also usually high compared to other apps. Average number of viewser sessions per month is over ten times that of general assistant apps content generation apps.
Speaker 3: You like a chat to even, Yeah, what are they doing?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 3: I think eating up the time?
Speaker 2: If they're online with an artificial intelligence boyfriend, what are they doing?
Speaker 7: Well, I think they're just basically talking to it.
Speaker 3: Talking to a artificial intelligence progress.
Speaker 15: So if you if you dig into this article, uh, well, Brian, I guess because I think it speaks to the loneliness epidemic that we have in this country.
Speaker 7: I think it is.
Speaker 15: I agree, I think it's terribly sad. And then I think it also has to do with the fact that, you know, just reading some of the comments of people who are interacted with these things, you know, they basically say they're more empathetic and more friendly and easier to talk to than their human companions or the people in their lives.
Speaker 7: Which yes, I mean the whole thing is really experience empathetic.
Speaker 15: Yes, So, like one person here says, I spend a lot of time just sitting by myself and pretty much waiting for him to want to spend time with me. So she created her replica. Jack Replica is one of these platforms who case is exactly her type. The experience showed her she's been quote settling big time unquote. She also finds community with other replica users on Reddit and Facebook, and is in a new relationship with a human man. So again, there's some quotes from some people in here. But then you know it goes on to say the other side. You know, the chatbot can't look you in the eye, give you hug or fords a genuine two way connection.
Speaker 2: You know, I spend your the reality when you're interacting with it, You're you're talking to a computer and ones and zeros being generated by artificial intelligence. How can I just wonder how that can be in any way, shape or form rewarding to anyone.
Speaker 7: Uh, I don't understand it myself, Brian. Now maybe it's because I.
Speaker 3: Don't understand the depths of emotional emptiness.
Speaker 15: Well, that's part of it. And I guess perhaps I understand how this stuff works too well. So I know, at the end of the day, there's it's not sinny in any way, it's not really talking to me. It's just using probability to put words together, you know, and now you know me too, Brian tenfoil Hack guy that am. There is no way I'm going to give one of these apps any kind of really sensitive, inimate, deep philosophical information about me, right because I would never trust that to what say just in that app.
Speaker 7: I mean.
Speaker 15: It's bad and and sad, really almost tragic in so many ways. You know, I encourage people if you read this article from Axios, you know they do kind of dig into why this is not a good thing, both from a societal, societal and psychological aspect. But you know they touched briefly on the privacy Again. I can't state enough anyone that's considering this really ought to go to Privacy Non Included and see what they have to say about this. And then yeah, my advice should be, you know, get out, join the club, go to church, make friends. You know, these things are not real. I think I might have mentioned this to you, and I can't. I can't say the full title on the air, but for people who are wondering about AI, I think this whole thing is pretty much peaked in its current form. There's a great article something to the effect of it. If you say AI again, I will f M pile drive and I will tell you this guy is you know, he's in the in the industry. He knows what he's talking about. I think his take on it is spot on, and it is also one of the funniest things I've ever read. His writing style is so hilarious and I laughed out loud a couple of times reading it. That doesn't generally happen reading text.
Speaker 3: That's you know, I understand that. Is that going to be on your notes?
Speaker 15: I'll put it in my notes. Obviously you're not going to share it. It's you know, it's kind of curse word in it. That's why I haven't shared it more widely. I wish he would have toned the headline the air so that you know, it doesn't immediately pop up.
Speaker 7: Do my job. It's worth a read.
Speaker 3: Try to self censor on the fly every single day for four hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know me.
Speaker 2: When I'm off air, I mean I can have a spicy tongue sometimes they've had or God bless you, sir. I always enjoy our conversations it's always enlightening and this last segment pathetic sometimes and that's not your fault. It's just the subject matter we're dealing with. It's out there. It's reality. More with Next Friday with Dave Hatter. Always enjoyed. Dave, keep up the great work and thanks to interest it dot com for sponsoring the segment.
Speaker 7: My pleasure, Brian, have a good one and I'll chat with you next week.
Speaker 2: Take care, brother six fifty six fiftybout KR City Talk Station. Jim Neil for Sheriff Absolutely. Jimill joined the program at top of the hour News be right back, History as.
Speaker 1: It happens, Anything Stop Donald Trump Nothing minutes away.
Speaker 16: At the top of the hour fifty five krs the talk station, we count down to the Democratic National Convention in Chicago. Join us for insights and conversation on fifty KR seven.
Speaker 3: Six here at fifty five ker CEV Talk station.
Speaker 1: Any very happy Friday for you.
Speaker 2: Obviously, a huge election coming up November top all the way down to the bottom. All the races are extremely important, most notably here in Hamilton County, Ohio, where we have a decision to make on who we're going to vote for. For Hamilton County Sheriff. I think the man who was previously in the job is the man for the job. Jim Neil, welcome back to that. Do you have Carcy Morning Show?
Speaker 7: My friend?
Speaker 3: It's always great having you on the program.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's been a while. It's good to be with you this morning, that's for sure. And I've been blessed to run into Joe Strecker on two occasions in the past couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Hanging out, hanging over price sal Chili Warrior or something like that. Hey, Jim, I'm gonna put you on the spot right out of the gate.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 2: We're doing listener lunch at Jim and Jackson the River on the seventh of August, first Wednesday of August. You have an invitation to join us for lunch. I know you've been to listener lunches quite a few times over the years, and just an opportunity to meet some of your maybe voters and hang out with us if you are free. I'm not pressuring you, but I want to remind you about listener lunch in case you want to make it.
Speaker 1: Do a fly by, amen.
Speaker 6: Yes, I am free on the seventh.
Speaker 2: Excellent, Well, you're welcome to join us at lunch. I hope to see you there. And Smith Aman is going to be there. He's a big fan of hers. Jim Neil. Oh, and by the way, it's vote Jim Neil a e Il Vote Jimneil dot com. That's his campaign web page. Let's just talk about your motivations for wanting to take back over the role of Jim. Do you have inside baseball about how things are going currently under the current administration? Because I don't read, I read very little. I don't see a whole lot of reporting. Of course, local reporting doesn't usually get involved in morale issues staffing issues. So what's going on inside that you're aware of that serves as at least a motivation for you to run again.
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Absolutely. First of all, let me clarify that we should be spending this opportunity celebrating the re election of Bruce Hoffbauer. But that didn't happen. So I had to ask myself, what are you going to do about a gym? So I decided to run because you're absolutely right about the morale. It's morale's bad right now. Staffing levels are extremely been impacted negatively. They're extremely understaffed right now, to the extent that you floors had to be shut down at the County jail. And and when you're shutting down an operation like that, that's especially like at the county jail, that's hundreds of beds that are not available for societies worse, that make our community safer. Absolutely not. When you don't have a cell available for the offender.
Speaker 3: Well, there is a need for the cells.
Speaker 2: I mean, there was a one point, Jimmy, you and I have talked about this over the in past years, that there was no room at the end, you know, in other words, they were packed in there more than it was a design and built for. And of course we always have the staffing issues, the number of inmates far exceeding the number that's safe for the deputies who are guarding them. But you're saying they're closing down these beds. Does that mean there's no demand for the space? Is this the consequence of woke judges letting people out that shouldn't be let out. I guess I'm wondering if you have a full contingent of deputies and you had the money and resources, would the place be full and would all the beds be open.
Speaker 6: That's a good that's a good question, because we have no control over you know, the decisions the judges make, but we do have control every police officer at FECTX and arrest, that offender is booked into the county jail and held there into they faced the judge the next day for arraignment. But when you don't have staffing levels to provide security the debt. When I left the office, Brian, the office was right sized when it came to personnel. We were fully staffed. In the county jail, we were right size, and court services, and we were covering our beats on patrol. But since I left office, the number of deputies are fewer today than there were back then.
Speaker 2: Is that because of attrition inability to get people to you know, pursue a career in law enforcement with the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department? Is it lack of funding a combination all above what's driving then?
Speaker 6: It's not funding because she's adequately funded. There's a budget that's you know, set for the deputies. It's when the deputies are eligible to retire. They're retiring a number of them have left for other jobs with other agencies and it's tougher today. You're correct on recruiting, but it's it's about leadership, Ryan. The deputies don't want to they don't want to work for an agenda. They want to work for a law enforcement agency. And the current sheriff is promoting her party's agenda in policy and it doesn't mix with law enforcement. Not just THEI just policies in general. You can see the agenda of the party uh written into these policies.
Speaker 3: Well, give us an illustration of that. So not operating.
Speaker 6: Sheriff mcgufney's there with sheriff in the state of Ohio. Not working with immigrations and customs enforcement also known as silent And that's just an example one policy. When you drive by these county buildings, you're used to seeing what on the top of the building an American flag, correct, the state flag, maybe a pow flag. Now you're seeing a Pride flag. I mean, you see what I'm going with. The agenda of the party is working its way into the policy of the sheriff's office. This is a political sheriff, not a sheriff that is prioritizing law enforcement and prioritizing upolding our constitution and serving the people. She's doing a very good job of serving the party, but she's not serving the people to the extent that she should be.
Speaker 1: Well, this sounds like them for.
Speaker 6: These these deputies, it really is. And morales down, they're leaving at record levels. It's hard to recruit period in law enforcement the way we've been demonized over the years. But she is adequately funded. There is funds available for staffing levels, but the staffing levels are really down, sir.
Speaker 2: Well, and I can understand that you don't want to walk into a highly politicized environment when those politics don't well serve your own personal interest outside of work. But it shouldn't be a politically motivated job. I mean, we're talking law enforcement here. You know, this sounds like exactly what's going on in America's military, Jim. You know, they can't get people to join America's voluntary military because well, word's gotten out that basically it becomes this indoctrination session. It's not about killing people and breaking things and maintaining a cohesive military fighting force, about dividing everybody and put them in separate racial and sexual baskets to meet some sort of you know, across the board numbers game.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: So what is Sheriff Jim neil to turn this around? I mean, obviously you depoliticize the policies, but you've got to get you got to spread the word about that that it's a different operation, that it's a you know, a welcome environment for people who care about law enforcement in their community.
Speaker 3: That that's a tough job. At this state we find ourselves.
Speaker 17: In, Jim, it is, and that's going to be the challenge initially, is is hiring, hiring, hiring, recruiting and hiring to get the agency right size so that we are available to provide that quality law enforcement service.
Speaker 6: But I believe a leadership will help. I've there's been a number of deputies that have left that already approach me, if you're elected in the office sheriff, can we come back? So I'm hoping that, I'm hoping that initially there's going to be a wave coming in the front door, coming back door. And that's exciting, and it starts with leadership, Ryan, and you know, and leadership that's focused. Look, as sheriff, I am an elected executive. The duty of the executive, whether you're sheriff, whether you're governor, whether you're the president, is to enforce the laws. It's that simple. I'm not going to be legislating. I'm not going to be interpreting the laws. I'm going to be enforcing the laws. And as you can see, there's been a failure that all the way up. You know, even President Biden, he's not enforcing the laws on the USC and uh, that's his job, and that'll be my job as sheriff to enforce the laws and uphold the Constitution. I'm going to be focused on that. Public safety is so important part of the agenda, if you recall from the from Donald Trump and jd Vance is one of the one of their goals is to make America safe again. Well, that's my focus as sheriff, to make Hamilton County safe again. And and you know how that works, Brian, you know the collaborations I was involved.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, to make that happen. Yes, sir, just we're out there. Let's pause.
Speaker 2: I'll bring you back because these are important thoughts we're going to get into. I also want to ask you about the status of Hamilton County relative to crime. But yeah, you were big into collaboration and working with other agencies, which is kind of a unique thing in law enforcement. You did such a great job of it. Hold on in a minute again, it's vote Jimneil dot com will bring Jim back here right after a word or two for twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason eleven. And of course, Jim supports a second Amendment. Don't have to worry about Jim coming after your guns. He believes in the Second Amendment. And so to the folks at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven. And that's why they are a gun store and an indoor firing range, safest, cleanest indoor range you're ever gonna shoot on. The wonderful owners of twenty two three have an amazing selection of firearms, handguns, long guns, accessories, ammunition. There's classes that are available there where you can learn how to If you don't know how to use and use a gun, you can be well welcome to the world of firearm ownership. They'll teach you all the basics and get you out on the range and teach you how to safely and effectively use that weapon.
Speaker 3: If you're a great shooter, learn more.
Speaker 2: They have experienced shooter classes as well, and also concealed carry classes, which is important if you're planning on traveling with your firearm.
Speaker 3: See your state laws on that one.
Speaker 2: CCW classes are a good thing to do, and they of course offer them at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven and learn more about the store and the wonderful folks at twenty two three. Go to twenty two three dot com the number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five krc iHeartRadio Olympics.
Speaker 2: Update community high of eighty five overnight clear and sixty two tomorrow warmer eighty eight for the high it will be sunny clear night sixty six an he mostly sunny Sunday going up in ninety one couple with a chance of storms.
Speaker 3: It's sixty five Now.
Speaker 1: Time for traffic from the U see how Traffic Center.
Speaker 18: The picture of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance from better outcomes. Visit uc health dot com. Highway traffic that's not bad at all to deal with for your Friday morning. Give you no major time delays to deal with northbound fourth seventy one included coming across the bridge. State avenues blocked up at Wildern that is due to a truck that hit a utility.
Speaker 1: Poll Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the Talk station.
Speaker 2: Sevent twenty one to the gout KERRCD Talk Station, Brian Thomas swich for Sheriff Jim Neil. I hope he sheriff again, Jim Neil. You can check them out on the line to vote Jim Neil dot com. We put your website link on my blog page, Jim, so folks can easily find it if they can. Just remember fifty five cars dot com. And I was strongly encourage them to help you get elected in November. And Jim, you're getting You were segueing into, you know, working collaboratively with various law enforcement and back in when you were previously sheriff, you were on the fifty five Karsse Morning Show regularly and you always talked about how important that was and what greater illustration than what we saw with the attempted assassination of Donald Trump. You see how many different law enforcement agencies have to work together to get you know, as a well low machine for one event. I mean with a dangerous landscape we find ourselves in. You got FBI Director Rate talking about terrorist activity likely and he's worried about it. I mean, this is the kind of thing that's really really important. Has that element of law enforcement within the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office been lost under the current administration, Jim.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 11: It has.
Speaker 6: The motto of the Hamilton County Police Association is cooperation and operation, and our federal partners even tell us that about law enforcement Hamilton County. They're really impressed on how while.
Speaker 1: We work together.
Speaker 6: So it's equally important for the sheriff to work with all of law enforcement, to share resources, including excuse me, human resources, and to participate in the task force, to create task force to deal with the trends. It's a force multiplier Brian when you do that, because no one agency will bear the burden of financing that task force. If I have two deputies in a task force, my budget's covering those two deputies. But they're working with other law enforce smith solving some of of of the worst that's going on in our county today. Because as you remember, we started the Heroin Task Force in Hamilton County and and the also one of my first task force that I formed was to deal with the homeless population living on the county campus. And then I had task force with the State of Ohio, the Human Trafficking Task Force. I had task force with the US March Marshals, the Fugitive Task Force. I had a task force with UH. You know, involved in a task force, a collaboration with the FBI with terrorism and also with computer crimes. We were out there looking for them predators that are victimizing our youth and other computer related crimes. Brian and I had task force with Homeland Security, and the list goes on and on, on and on. I had taskforced with the private sector. I had I had a collaboration with Hope Dudley circulating playing cards in the county jail. Each card had a face of a of a murdered UH a victim and in Greater Cincinnati in that crime, that homicide has not been solved yet.
Speaker 3: The program.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and with that collaboration, I was informed by our detectives that while I was still SHARE, five of them cold cases were solved. And you know, that's why it's important to form UH that you know to embrace this cooperation and operation and to collaborate with public and private sector. And uh, it's just a win win and as a force multiplier, especially now when there's fewer of us in law enforcement, we need to work to gather the combat the criminal element.
Speaker 2: And speaking of the criminal element, before we part company today, Jim Neil, what is the status of crime in Hamilton County? I get the impression it's not good, but again, not a whole lot of local reporting to give us a broader picture of how things currently stand. Your take on this current situation, Jim.
Speaker 6: Yes, there is. It is not good, and the population of the county is you're going to see an increase because Cincinnati is a sanctuary city and what that means to the foreign nationals is Cincinnati is a place that opens their arm to receive them. And the current sheriff has expanded the sanctuary city and has made the county a sanctuary county. Now, so the entire region has been affected by this sanctuary status and the foreign nationals are being protected and instead of dealt with accordingly, I will tell you that as sheriff, any foreign national that is arrested for violating our crimes. They will be reported to Immigration and Customs Enforcement, also known as ICE, so they can begin their investigation. And when these offenders are released from our county jail by way of making bond or if they serve their sentence, ICE will be notified of the release and we will hold them up for an additional forty eight hours for ICE to respond to interview these individuals and also or take custody of them and prep them for deportation. And there's a and that's not happening today when they make bond the being released. Are they sticking around for court? No, they're not Brian because they're very organized criminals. They're here victimizing you and your neighbors. They're well equipped, and they're well funded, and they're well represented legally. We have we did enough problems with our own homegrown criminals. We don't need other countries criminals. So as sheriff, I'm going to be working with UH, with the President and the Vice President on their mission of making America safe safer again, and I will be working with Immigration and custom Enforcement to get the evil deported out of here.
Speaker 2: Jim Neil find them online vote Jimneil dot com that you got yourself some votes right there, Jim.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: They talk about upholding the law. Jim, I wish you all about. You have a forum here on the fifty five KC Morning Show and access to my listeners. Ain't time you want. It's always great here in your message, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for the residents of Hamilton County that they choose you over all. We've got currently got when they vote in November, Jim, until we talk against stay well, have a wonderful weekend, and best to health you and your loved ones.
Speaker 6: Thank you, and God bless you and your listeners.
Speaker 3: Thank you, sir. I truly appreciate it. Seven twenty nine.
Speaker 2: Right now, if you have a Kcity Talk station fastened pro roofing, Fast and Fastenproroofing dot coms where you find them online. They are wonderful people and wonderful roofers, true craftsmen. Of the work that they'll do for you, and that work, whether it needs to be done or not, of course, is determined at a free roof inspection. And if you get a quote from the folks at Fast and bro that means you really truly do need work, they won't give you a quote because they will never sell you something you don't need. And there's a lot of roofing companies out there that go down that road. Evil people absolutely, but you get that in all businesses. It's just roofing businesses tend to just draw a lot of them because most people aren't up on their roof and don't know what they're looking for. Never have to worry about with Fast and Pro Roofing a plus with a better business bureau and man, I'll tell you check out the work that they do, gorgeous work, residential and commercial. Any kind of roof you want. If you need a new roof. If your shingle roof is out and you're going to replace with shingle, remember at Fast and Pro they upgrade you automatically to the certainty Landmark Pro fifty year shingle. They'll give you a peace of mind and it's a free upgrade. So confidently call Fast and Pro Roofing. They'll be great, They'll treat you wonderfully, the price will be right five one three, seven seven four ninety four ninety five seven seven four ninety four ninety five Fastenproroofing dot Com fifty five KRC. August twenty fourth is Butler County Veterans Appreciation Day and hammil Palooza, the first one hundred and fifty veterans to show their.
Speaker 1: Butler Tier the nine first only one of four kams.
Speaker 2: Beautiful lay today with sunny sky's low humidity and a high of eighty five clear of a night sixty two.
Speaker 3: It'll be a high of eighty eight tomorrow with sunny sky.
Speaker 2: It's down to sixty six tomorrow night and a mostly sunny Sunday chance of storm zone ninety one for the high Right.
Speaker 3: Now, it's sixty five degrees. It's time for traffic updates.
Speaker 1: From the uc out Traffic Center.
Speaker 18: The future of carry is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments. I'd give patients a chance for a better outcomes. Visit uc how dot com. Highway traffic doing just fine. Northbound fourth seventy one included coming across the bridge. That's usually where I see the breakwags first.
Speaker 1: But not today.
Speaker 18: Northbound seventy five wide open past Kyleson into town. Chuck Ing Brawn fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty three with seven thirty four fifty five KRCD Talk station, A very happy Friday to you. You feel free to call love to hear from if you've got something you want to talk about. Five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three Talk Joe Dieters making the national news this morning. Supreme Court decision from yesterday? Are boneless wings? Boneless? Can boneless wings include bones? Yes, that was a four to three decision, and boneless wings can include bones. Apparently you're supposed to understand that four to three decision came after a guests from a local restaurant. Your foule legal action had a serious medical complication. A bone from a boneless wing got stuck in his throat. This gentleman named Michael Berkheimer filed a suit against the wing joint and the wing manufacturer. Bottom line is after he took a bite out of this with this boneless wing. A few days later, he was feverish and unable to keep food down. Went to the emergency room. A doctor discovered a long, thin bone had torn his esophagus, leading to an infection. So he sued Wings On Brookwood, claiming the restaurant failed to warn him that boneless wings could contain bones, despite the understanding the items are nuggets of chicken meat free of bones aka boneless. Court decision yesterday said the boneless wings refer to cooking style and that he should have been on guard against bones. Here's the quote from Justice Joseph Dieters, writing for the majority in the four to three opinion, A diner reading boneless wings on a menu would no more believe that the restaurant was warranting the absence of bones in the items than believe that the items were made from chicken wings, just as a person eating chicken fingers would know that he had not been served fingers. On the other side, a minority opinion, Justice Michael Donnelly, and I can't come leaning with Donnelly on this one. Makes a good point anyway. The question must be asked, does anyone really believe that the parents in this country who feed their young children boneless wings or chicken tenders, or chicken nuggets or chicken fingers expect bones to be in the chicken. Of course they don't. When they read the word boneless, they think that it means without bones, as do all sensible people. Close que, where do you follow it on this one anyway, you have been warned seven thirty six fifty five krc DE Talk station. At least have a conversation with your children, or inspect your children's nuggets. I guess before you feed them to them, because there may be a bone in there. Peter Shbrie a Keller Williams seven Hills, He's just a terrific guy. Peters just a genius when it comes to real estate. I don't think anybody knows any more about real estate than Peter Schabrie. And he has assembled a fantastic real estate team, Chabri Group of Keller Williams seven Hills. You're gonna get a five star experience working with that team, whether you're buyer's agent or seller's agent. They are just it's a well oiled machine there, take great care of you. You can take advantage of the programs they offer like nobody else has. I love the instant Offer program because I've been through the idea of selling a home and if you don't want to go through that hassle, you don't want to have it painted or cleaned up, or get out or make arrangements to leave the home so they can show it to people, well, just call up Peter Shabrie in the team. Within forty eight hours of senior House, you're going to have an offer, a cash offer, So from today you can close in less than three weeks and move on with your life.
Speaker 7: Love it.
Speaker 2: One of many opportunities with Keller William seven Hills and the Chabrie Group that you're not going to get any place else, plus that five star experience. Check them out online. It's seven zero eight three thousand, seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Just put a five to one three in fro toy. You got the number, call them up five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Here's your nine first one or onether. Forecast today is gorgeous, some may say perfect. High eighty five, sunny skies and low humidity overnight. You're go'll be clear in sixty two tomorrow, warmer day one of eighty eight. You'll remain sunny. Uh, just a few clouds over Saturday night, dropping a sixty six and a sunny Sunday, although there's a chance of storm.
Speaker 3: That will go up to ninety one, back up to ninety one sixty five right now.
Speaker 1: Traffic time from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 18: The future of carry is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit uce help dot com. Highway traffic not all that fad to deal with. I do a very potem an accident on river near Kibbi. I'm checking into that. There's also rackven Ham State bocked off at Wilder. That's where the truck hit the utility poll Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven forty one.
Speaker 2: Here in fifty five Kerst talk station, feel free to call love to hear from you five one, three, seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk Ober hifty.
Speaker 1: Five karsee dot com.
Speaker 2: I brought it up Brown in the program just a reminder, Tomorrow is the day for Peyton's lemonade stand. This is such an awesome, awesome story, It's just so heartwarming. Back in twenty eighteen, I was a six year old girl named Peyton. She wanted to open a lemonade stand and give the fat proceeds to charity. And she recalled that she had got a teddy bear when she was a patient at since A Children's Hospital, and that bear has been in her bed every night since then. So again she was six, she says, all right, I opened a lemonade stan I'm gonna give the money to since A Children's hospital and to buy toys for children like I got. Okay, So the first time it was seven hundred and sixty eight bucks, and she's been doing one every year since, and every year it has grown bigger and bigger and bigger. In fact, it's gone well, I would say nationwide. I think it's in three states now, and every year it gets bigger. Last year and over the years, it's been more than a several hundred thousand dollars. Last year one day of the year, and that's that's taking place tomorrow. They raised over one hundred thousand dollars in only three hours. And so when she was on the program a couple weeks ago, I said, we're gonna do two hundred thousand dollars this year. Let's everybody get together and support this wonderful cause. All you need to do is go to Peyton's lemonade stand dot org tomorrow again. The link is on my blog page fifty five Casey dot com. And buy some lemonade.
Speaker 3: That's it. He can donate if you want.
Speaker 2: And they've got all kinds of sponsors, because of course these are real lemonade stands, and they're all over the place. You can find out where there is one near you right of Peyton's Lemonade Stand dot com. So there's a whole bunch of them all over town. And I'm looking at the map right now, and it's awesome how many of these lemonade stands are out and about. I mean they are literally everywhere. So from over like west of Bright, Indiana, all the way over into almost Goshen and down into northern Kentucky all the way up to Hamilton. Is a couple of them in Hamilton. So there's a lemonade stand out there near you. Find out where that is, and get some lemonade and support the charity. And let's keep my I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed. They get more than two hundred thousand dollars this year. Just such a cool thing. Another cool thing since since the school year's coming in it was a local story.
Speaker 1: I hadn't gotten to it yet.
Speaker 2: But take advantage of tax free ten days of tax free this year and they've expanded what you can save on. I think it used to be just like school supplies. This year's sales holiday scheduled from midnight July thirtieth through August eighth at eleven fifty nine pm cord to the Howe Department of Taxation, The sales tax waiver will cover all tangible personal property that be anything that you can move or touch or consume that is five hundred dollars or less. Now that comes with a couple of exceptions. Five hundred dollars or less. All right, well, watercraft, motor vehicles will remain taxable. What else comes to mind is going to remain taxable? Right, Cigarettes, tobacco, vaping products, anything with marijuana in it, You're going to have to pay the tax during this ten day period. It does, and I thought this is rather unusual. It does include dine in food purchases at restaurant, but not beer, wine, cocktails, or rather alcoholic beverages. So I guess they xcize that component from your bill at the restaurant, but tax free restaurant days are in so and online purchases also qualified, and if any qualifying items purchase online during the holiday will be tax exempt. The item doesn't have to be delivered during the holiday. You just have to buy it during that ten day timeframe. So they say on the flip side, items order before the holiday but delivered during it are not tax exams. So let's pay attention to the window folks. But enjoy tax free for ten days July thirtieth through August eighth at all, just shy at midnight. They always offer these when you're getting ready to go to school, you know. And Donald Trump wants to relieve you know, service workers from having to pay taxes on their tips. So what I always interpret this as is no tax is good. It makes people who get to keep the money that much happier. Oh if we could only apply this on a more regular basis seven forty five fifty five KRC detalk station. Feel free to call another number. You need to call the USA Insulation Call to find out if you are under insulated or have no insulation in the exterior walls of your home. If you do, you're paying too much for your energy bills. Lord Almighty, the energy bill's gone through the roof.
Speaker 7: You know that.
Speaker 2: I know that I pay one every month. Fortunately I have an adequately insulated home. I can only imagine what my home would cost on a monthly basis if I didn't have adequate insulation in the exterior walls. But then again, I have a newer home, but older homes you may be under insulated, like my daughter R. Twelve was in the exterior walls of her home, that is until USA Insulation put the foam in the walls thanks to Mom and Dad in the housewarming gift. Now she enjoys greater comfort and energy savings every month. And if you're gonna use the AC, you need the foam. If you're going to heat your home in the winter time, you need insulation. Right now, USA is going to give you a free attic insallation when you purchase the foam for the exterior walls, and you're gonna get twelve hundred dollars basically off the top from the energy tax credit that takes place next year when you're doing your taxes. So twelve hundred dollars right there, and then the guaranteed savings and day one improve comfort.
Speaker 1: So enjoy the.
Speaker 2: Benefits of USA and take advantage of the tax credit while it lasts three eight one three six two six three eight one foam. You can learn more online go to USA Insallation dot net fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: The Medal of Honor is the highest military decoration.
Speaker 1: Here's your nine first one and weether forecast.
Speaker 2: Sunny day for the most part, low humidity and a high of eighty five sixty two overnight with clear skies eighty eight to high Tomorrow with sunny sky a overnight low is sixty six, partly qloudy and on Sunday, mostly sunny day with the chances of storms high ninety one sixty seven.
Speaker 3: Now time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From you traffic center.
Speaker 18: The future of care is happening now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit uce health dot com. Highway traffic continues to look good this morning. No major problems to deal with. Do very port of an accident on river near Kimmi. I'm checking into that. There's also a recondanced state blocked off at Wilder Trucking to utility pole chuck Ingram on fifty five KR.
Speaker 1: See the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty fifty five air CD talk station What do we do on Fridays? In this segment, we catch ourselves a crime stopper. Bad Guy of the Week, Officer Lisa Bakers in Saint Police Department Crime Stoppers. Let's find this guy. You know, I hate people who are guilty or a guilty of domestic violence. Apparently Azelle Wilcox is welcome back.
Speaker 3: Li said, Happy.
Speaker 19: Friday, Happy Friday. Yes, this NIGHTTI Police, we are looking for a Zaid Wilcox. He's wanted for domestic violence, strangulation, and theft. He's a blackmail He is only twenty four years old. He's six foot tall, he's one hundred and fifty four pounds. He has a history of domestic violence, and he frequents the Williamsburg Complex and Heartwell.
Speaker 2: Hm, I hate guys who beat up on women. Anyway, we're gonna find this guy. My listeners can help you out. Check out his picture his mugshot off fifty five casea dot com. What do we do if we know where we might find this guy and we can drop a dime, Lisa, give.
Speaker 19: Crime stoppers a call five one, three, three five two thirty forty.
Speaker 3: We'll get him off the street.
Speaker 2: Lisa, and thanks for all the work that you and the Sin Sat Police Department do for our neighborhoods and our communities, and wish you all the best of safety in a wonderful weekend. At a fifty five casee dot com. We'll get this guy. You remain anonymous, you'd be aligiable for a cash reward, but we got incentive enough to get this person off the streets. If you're a guy like that, what motivates you to beat up your wife, your girlfriend? What motivates you?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 3: What do you get out of that? Just disgusting.
Speaker 2: Also disgusting the anti Israel protesters. I just couldn't believe what I was reading this morning about what was going on with these protesters, including throwing feces at the US park Police who were under staff while trying to manage these pro Hamas rioters. And they were pro Hamas too. This isn't just you know, fighting for you know, the Palestinian state or you know, the two Countries solution. No, they were screaming pro Hamas, anti American slogans, anti capitalism, slogans complete with exclatives, complete with explatives, that were spray painted over public monuments like the Liberty Bell replica they took over that, they took down the United States flag, the American flag and replaced it with the Palace Stinian flag, which thankfully we had some respectful members of Congress go back to the scene and hang American flags after taking down the Palestinian flags, pelting officers with feces. That's what was reported by the Forces Union chief. And that's on the heels of before Netanyahu showed up in the town, or the day he showed up in town, what did they do at the hotel, the Watergate hotel? They let loose a swarm of maggots and cockroaches.
Speaker 8: Nod to uh.
Speaker 2: Benjamin Netanyahoo yesterday speaking to the folks who actually showed up at his all important speech. This is one of our prominent allies in the Middle East elected officials. But he made a noted he made a good point during a speech he mocked some degree the Ivy League, university protesters and other anti Israel demonstrators for playing into the hands of Iran and their terrorist proxies. Quote when the tyrants of Tehran, and I love this point he makes, who hang from cranes and murder women for not covering their hair, are praising, promoting and funding you. You have officially become Iran's useful idiots. Well played Benjamin Netanyah, who and it's a great point. They want to disrupt America Netanyah, who says, surely do. And again Iran is funding these anti Israeli protesters, which is why they have such a well oiled machine. They get big money through Iran as well as Iranian sympathizers, and they're out in the streets, you know, and you get a big portion of the Democrat Party is on the side of these insane people. And how do you reconcile their position, as you know, insofar as women's rights, right, Yeah, we got a women runner for a woman running for president this year. You know what, if Iran had anything to do with it, she makes the short list because Kamala Harris doesn't cover her face up. She's not a modest woman, and she's pro LGBTQ plus community. Nothing wrong with, you know, acknowledging those people their right to exist, thrive and survive in our society. I have no problem with that. I'm in todd on my own point of view and I'm not going to capitulate to the left wing point of view. But nonetheless, you all live in a society where you can be a member of the LGBTQ plus community. You live in a society where you can fly your rainbow colored flag with freedom and liberty to do so. If you were in Iran, what would the landscape look like for you? Just asking out loudty five krcity Talk station coming up off top of the our News. This guy's got a great background, David Junk with his book Rocking the Kremlin. He was He's the first person to bring the United States American style music to the post Soviet Union fall Russia, and it's got a great story to We're going to talk about his book Rocking the Kremlin after the top of the UR News, and we'll have more to talk about after David departs the program.
Speaker 14: Stick around your twenty twenty four election headquarters.
Speaker 15: Every voter should be asking whether America could survive four more years.
Speaker 1: Of fifty five krc the talk station, this report.
Speaker 15: This election, I could do this job mistakes, if this race couldn't be hired.
Speaker 1: This store president has to have. Immunity is changing by the minute.
Speaker 4: What came out today.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 3: Ato six here at fifty five KRCD Talk Station by Thomas s.
Speaker 2: Wishing you a very happy Friday. I been looking forward to this all morning since I saw him on the rundown. David Junks his name, is the first CEO of Universal Music in Moscow, and for a decade he promoted an international artist in Russia. You know the stars Mariah Carey, Elton, John You Two, Sting, Bonjo, just to name a handful. He was Vice President Eastern Europe at Universal Music back in two thousand and three, opened the first Universal Music Office and Kiv Ukraine developed music real reality shows for Ukrainian TV and is a founding member of the Russian Music Industry Association and the US Ambassador's Task Force on Intellectual Property Rights. Author he is David Junk, author of Rock and the Kremlin, my incredible true story of gangsters, oligarchs, and pop stars in Putin's Russia. David, it's great to have you on the program this morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 7: It's an honor to be invited on. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I just I'm a huge, huge music fan. I just love music.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous of your life in the music industry, and I guess you got to see it. And I don't want to call it demise. I know there's still music being made out there, but the entire landscape of the music industry has been so radically changed since the advent of the Internet and music sharing. But this predates all that, doesn't it.
Speaker 7: Yes, it does.
Speaker 10: This is when compact discs were the number one cherrier for music, and then prior to that, obviously in Russia it was mainly buying that they boot legged in from Eastern Europe. So this predates modern technology for sure.
Speaker 2: Well, and I've seen you know, articles, those reviews, political analysis of maybe how in some of the reasons why the Berlin Wall fell, which is the metaphor for the Soviet Union collapsing. But the Western influence seeped its way into the Iron Curtain for years and years. You know, VHS tapes were snuck in with Western content. It was under high demand. I remember the old days talking about how they loved Levi's jeans, remember that, sneaking those in. So what was the mood like when you got there, Because it seemed from the outsider's perspective, and you know, we won the Cold War, it seems like it was a pretty exciting time for the people. Was it optimistic.
Speaker 13: What what was it like?
Speaker 10: It was amazing, Brian. It was one of the great moments of the of the century for sure, when the Berlin Wall came down and and and the Soviet Union collapsed, and people like me over there to help Russians transition from communism and command economy principles to market and supply and demand and capitalism. It was really the peak of US Russia relations, and a lot of people went to Russia to help in finance, oil and gas exploration, things like that. I went and helped to develop their music industry. So it was totally different from a lot of other folks, but what I did had a lasting impact, just as much as any other assistance Americans provided to the Russians after the end.
Speaker 13: Of the Cold War.
Speaker 2: Well, it seems to me you had a pretty much built in, almost guaranteed demand for this content.
Speaker 10: Oh sure, I mean for a long time, for decades, Russians have been listening to Western music, just you know, hiding from the censors, right, They would sneak in these albums, you know, when someone visited Eastern Europe, one person would bring back an out album they would hide and then they would make copies of it at a house party and share it. And and and and that was the original counterfeit pirating music right there. But but but they loved it and and and they they devoured Rolling Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd albums.
Speaker 1: Now Motown.
Speaker 10: Funny enough was allowed in the Soviet sensors would allow music because they liked uh songs, you know, showcasing inner city strife in America. It was good for the Soviet ideology to show, you know, and Marvin Gay saying about what's going on?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 7: The Russians loved that.
Speaker 2: Bobby Womack, Yeah, yes, yes, yes, yes, all right, well, well so that that's what happened.
Speaker 10: But then, but then when Western music came and in the modern era, they devoured it. They were ready for it, they were hungry for it. And and and I was there to bring the best of American pop and rock and hip hop music to the Russians.
Speaker 2: And of course, first CEO Universal Music in Moscow. You brought a corporate presence and organized money making ability with a team in place. How did you navigate and deal with the political sort of post fall chaos. I just get this impression. As soon as the structure the Soviet Union dropped and all of these mobsters, gangsters and oligars just rushed to fill in the void on that they see you making profit outside Western entity making profit. I can imagine you got you know the shakedown number done to you?
Speaker 11: Or am I wrong?
Speaker 10: Well, you know, it's it's interesting because there was no proper music industry when I got there. You know, there was no real ideas of royalty payments to artists or songwriter rights, copyrights, none of that. None of that was that's here too, and it all.
Speaker 7: Had to be built from scratch.
Speaker 10: But the biggest obstacle Brian was the Russian mafia had moved in so fast that they had controlled They took control of ninety percent of the industry by the time I got there.
Speaker 3: Oh geez.
Speaker 10: And they were they were, Yeah, they were manufacturing these counterfeit CDs that they were selling for a dollar two dollars and on.
Speaker 3: The black market.
Speaker 10: And you could have Elton John's greatest hits plus his new record, plus anything else you wanted for Melton John. They would just put it on one CD. You know, they would cherry pick all the great songs and and and put it out there, and and and and they would export that music also to UH to Europe and China, and they would use the money UH to to fund terrorism and and sex trafficking and drugs trafficking. So it was a really terrible situation when I got there.
Speaker 3: Well, how did you wrestle that one to law and order or did you?
Speaker 1: Well, we did have.
Speaker 10: Success, we that we definitely were able to put pressure on the Kremlin to finally do something about it because they were you know, the Russians weren't taking uh, they weren't considering the possibilities of their own music industry. I I I used to always use Abba in Sweden as a great example. I would say, you know, Ab, you know, Sweden sells more Abba records than it does Volvo cars or anything else, and so could Russia, you know. And it's a great tax base, it'll bring you bring money, it'll create an industry, jobs, et cetera. And and that was my mantra. I was constantly reinforcing that. But the biggest step we took wash I met with the US ambassador in Moscow and asked and pleaded with him honestly, to do something about the situation. And he uh, he persuaded George Bush to block Russia from entering the World Trade Organization until they did something about music piracy, and and that's and that really worked.
Speaker 6: That definitely had an impact.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's you were in a sort of a help me, help you environment in that that particular.
Speaker 10: Situation exactly exactly, and in a vibrant music industry is very good for any economy, but especially one transition out of communism.
Speaker 3: Well, of course it's good for the soul.
Speaker 2: I mean, what brings people together better than music, You know, it's uplifting, or sometimes maybe it's not, but the idea that you can embrace something, And especially when you've been so void of a presence that has been out in the rest of the world for so long. I just imagine what it was like just being there and being flooded with all of this new material. Just again, I go back to this sort of the exciting environment that I perceived it was. You also helped develop local Russian talent while you were there, didn't you.
Speaker 10: I did, And that's very important for a record company, not just to bring in Elton John and Brian Adams and Metallic, but also to sign and develop local talent. And what I did is I found a few artists that I could actually sell abroad too, So I was selling Russian music throughout the world as far away as Brazil to Japan, Australia to New Zealand. And of course the biggest goal of all was I always wanted to be the first record American record executive to bring a Russian band to the United States, and I did that, so that that was the biggest thing for me, is to bring Russian music to the US.
Speaker 2: Rock in the Kremlin my incredible true story of gangsters, oligarchs, and pop stars and Putin's Russia the name of the book. My guest today, David Johnk's story career in the music business.
Speaker 7: Did it end?
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess we saw that we've seen the direction we've has gone to authoritarianism, and we thought this was going to be maybe a democratic reality in Russia. They might end up being a great trading partner or friends.
Speaker 3: Who knows.
Speaker 2: I mean, hell, in the aftermath of World War Two, you didn't really necessarily think that Germany be a long term trading partner. Look what happened Japan the same thing. But what of the Soviet Union post Cold War?
Speaker 7: It's it's really tragic, right.
Speaker 10: My wife's father was one of those there with Boris Yeltsen in the early nineties when he was up on the tank. Oh yeah, clamoring for democracy in the end of the Soviet Union, and there was so much hope forocracy and and and a future, a really bright future for for Russia. You know, the Russians have one of the highest literacy rates in the world. That some of the smartest people in the world. It really could have been a tremendous thing for for their economy to keep growing. But because of well, Boris Jelsen was quite drunk all the time, and yes he was, and and and then there was a Chechen war, a war in Chech that was really causing a lot of problems for for Russian So that that led to the ascendancy of Putin into the Kremlin and things have never been the same since. And that that put Russia on the authoritarian track.
Speaker 2: Uh does Is there still a presence of universal music in Moscow in Russia these days?
Speaker 10: No, there's not, unfortunately, Uh well, but but it's proper. With the war and the invasion, Western companies have moved out, the record companies have moved out.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 10: And and Universal have definitely moved out.
Speaker 7: There's still a hip hop.
Speaker 10: Industry there that I played a role in creating twenty five years ago when we brought in Eminem and Doctor Dre and Snoop Dogg. That really led to the to the development of a local hip hop artist community. And by my hope is it's that community of young people that will eventually lead Russia to better days and perhaps they'll take back that country from the Kremlin somedays.
Speaker 3: How about that.
Speaker 2: It's amazing what music can do to change the country and the landscape. Saw it in the late sixties without question, Well real quick before we part. Comedy David Johnes loved the conversation. The book's going to be a great read for my listeners. You can get it on my blog page fifty five Casey dot com. Rockin the Kremlin. What's your perception? And I brought it up at the outset, but what's your perception of the modern music industry?
Speaker 3: Is it even an industry anymore?
Speaker 2: Given that Hell, when I was going to laugh at this, when I was a kid, one of the neatest things that was available at music stores they had a little cassette. It was a four track record studio, miniature things. You could put four tracks on a cassette tape and record at home and even over dub at home. Now I know, modern you can get a ninety seven track or whatever, an unlimited number of track computer software you can download online and just do all the layering with separate tracks. It's just it's home based music. I don't need a production studio anymore. I can just put my own music online. What's this done to the music industry? And is it still an industry? If I may put it that way, David, I have.
Speaker 13: Mixed feelings about that.
Speaker 20: I'm old school.
Speaker 10: I come from the era of the supergroups, you know, Journey, Rush, Pink Floyd, you know, yahb Zipline and I, and I honestly believe bands like that are not going to happen in today's modern industry because there's not people gatekeepers like I was trying to develop them, but also having to to not release every single record that comes out from somebody's you know, computer. Right, That's that's what happens now, is all music is out there. There's there's no gatekeepers, there's no filters. You just get everything. And some people like that, Some.
Speaker 6: People like it that there's thousands, thousands.
Speaker 10: And thousands of more songs per year released than there ever was in the seventies or eighties. But I think we've lost that.
Speaker 13: Supergroup mentality, you know, where where we'll really appreciate artist artistry of a really great band or a really great artist, and they sell millions of records instead of thousands of records.
Speaker 10: So I think it's I don't like it myself, but I have two sons who make music themselves and put it put it on the internet, so you know it's a generational thing.
Speaker 6: It really is.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm in your camp, David. I think you and I Sonic were roughly got around the same age. You mentioned a lot of the bands that I like and grew up with, so I have a sense of appreciation for where you're coming from. David johnk author of Rocking the Kremlin, My incredible true story of gangsters, Oligarchson and pop Stars, and Putin's Rush You get it at fifty five Karst David, it's been.
Speaker 3: A real enjoyable conversation. I know we're all going to love the book.
Speaker 10: Thank you, Brian, it's been a real great talking to you, really really.
Speaker 13: Grateful for it.
Speaker 2: My pleasure, serve my pleasure. Good luck with all the sales. Eight nineteen fifty five, Kirsty Tooxation, Jeff. Hang on, buddy, I'll take your call.
Speaker 7: Hang on.
Speaker 2: It's like I said eight nineteen, and it's time for calling Electric for residential electric projects. Call Colin.
Speaker 1: You can do it.
Speaker 2: I do it all the time anytime I have electrical project. My default number is, of course calling Electric Andrew calling the team that added since for twenty five years, celebrating twenty five years of successful business serving the greater Cincinnati community properly. And that's with great residential electric work at a fantastic price, with excellent customer service. What more could you want? They enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau. Any work they do for you, from the smallest to the largest wiring project comes with a ten year wiring warranty. And I installed all the canlights in my ceilings in my home because I didn't have them when the house was built. And I really regret that. But why didn't I get them sooner? Because you're walking around, you're dark, and it's like I don't like to rely on the floor LAMB can lights and they have modern can lights solutions that are fantastic. I love the LED cans and I never thought I would utter those words in my life, that they're fantastic. Modern LEDs is just wonderful. Plus there's all kinds of LED solutions out there, and you can get the true incandescent glow now from the long lasting energy efficient LEDs. Just one of the solutions they have for you at Cullen Calling at five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two online Cullen CEE, U l E and Cullen Electriccincinnati.
Speaker 4: Dot Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Talk to the nine first forty one to more cast nice day to day, sunny skies, low humidity. I have eighty five tonight clear in sixty two warmer data mark going up to eighty eight under sunny skies, dropping to sixty six overnight with a few clowns Sunday for the most part. Sunday there is a chance of storms. It's going up to ninety one sixty eight right now. Time for traffic probably you see how traffic center.
Speaker 18: The future of care is now through clinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit uce health dot com.
Speaker 18: Highway traffic building and a couple of spots like southbound seventy five pants in the Reagan Highway and northbound fourth seventy one across the bridge.
Speaker 1: There's a new accident. It's in my end.
Speaker 18: And on twenty two at Old Mill Road above Columbia, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey twenty three you think about KRCE talk station? Anybody else happy?
Speaker 3: It's Friday. It was tech Friday earlier.
Speaker 2: If you didn't get a chance to listen to Tech Friday, Dave Hatter. It's some very interesting topics, as we always do. Find the podcast at fivecaraseea dot com. While you're getting a copy of rockinthe Krenlin over the phones we go. Can't thank you enough for holding Jeff, Welcome back to the morning show.
Speaker 20: Good morning, Brian. As always, you and Joe are true patriots.
Speaker 3: Buddy, love it, brother, love it. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 20: Well, I mean I think you and I agree that you know, if you have an American flag of your own, you can burn it. That's that's what our constitution is all about. But if you take down the main flag in Washington, d C. In the park and you burn their flag you created, Yeah, it's a probably crime and held accountable.
Speaker 3: It's arson and yeah, yeah, yeah, it's we have to and.
Speaker 20: When you have to bring out someone to powerwash the livery bell that's there, that costs money, and uh you know that. I mean, I just don't understand how one side can do it and the other side can't. And if the other side does it, they go straight to jail. And if this side does it, you know, and slap them on the wrists, you bad people. You And then of course I'm fifty eight.
Speaker 21: And I would have never imagined if I lived to be one hundred and fifty, that anyone in this country would actually utter the words death to America.
Speaker 20: I mean, I have no response to that.
Speaker 16: I mean, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, and considered in the context of what you just said, Jeff, that the folks vandalizing property, the folks committing property crimes and arson. If you want to just go ahead and improperly and legally definitionally characterize, you know, starting a fire in public, that that's the side that's not being prosecuted. The same people are screaming death to America, death to capitalism, death Israel, death to all these different groups.
Speaker 3: They are the ones that are left alone.
Speaker 2: What sort of message does that send to our adversaries, those folks coming across the border who are here to do us harm, not just looking for a better life. I mean, they look at that and they embrace that, and they take comfort in that and thinking, Hm, I can join in with them. They're not going to go after me. If I'm on the other side of the political ledger, like the January sixth folks, They're gonna lock them up in jail. I guess I'm on the right side in screaming death to America.
Speaker 20: Right, And what sad is I would say a good fifty percent of them don't even understand again who they're working with.
Speaker 21: I mean, if you and I put up a giant sign.
Speaker 20: In front of this big crowd and said, Okay, here's Israel or Israel on one side, and here's the Palestinians on the other side. Let's put let's put up the very first thing gays. Okay, which side allows gay people in their society? I mean, none of these people even understand that. I mean they think, Oh, no, it must be the Palestinians. They're the oppressed. Oh they're the they're the poor little oppressed people, and they must be for everything we're for.
Speaker 1: And no, no they're not.
Speaker 20: And they're not for women's rights. Uh, women are property. I mean there's there's thousands of videos online that I can't even watch that are people in certain cultures, and I'll keep them. I won't mention them right now, but that I mean, they treat women as objects. I mean, they can actually kill a female that's part of their family and it's okay, you know. I mean you did it for the right reason, so it's okay. You know, it's okay, you know. And I'm just like, no, no, no, life is not precious. You can't do that in a civilized society, not anymore. I mean, every society has to have the cultures and the religions, and everybody grow up and say, hey, you know what, this is the modern day.
Speaker 7: This is not back in our biblical times.
Speaker 20: You can't do that anymore. You cannot chop people's hands off, you cannot burn people alive, you cannot.
Speaker 6: Cut people's heads off.
Speaker 9: It is just not accepted.
Speaker 20: It is not accepted, and if you want to stay that way, then you don't belong in this country. I mean, this country is the beacon of hope for everyone, and it's been that way since I was born, and I hope it stays that way. I don't understand why people that think they can say death to America here aren't kissing our feet, because if you say that in any other country, you're going to jail.
Speaker 2: Man absolutely absolutely, and consider that they're willing to overlook all the horrors of sharia law. I think let's put a just put an emphasis on that that's where those eagles come from, murdering gay people and making women wear his jobs and all of that, that they are willing to overlook all of those horrors, and that injustice based upon a clear obvious hatred for Israel, that they have such a profound disdain for a race of people that they're willing to overlook all the horrors of that and go out into the streets in support of it, even though, as you properly illustrate, if they were in that country they purport to support, they'd probably either be dead or in jail. Always great hearing from me, Jeff, I truly appreciate you too, man, have a great weekend. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred two three talk another number I wish you didn't have to give you, but you're definitely gonna want. When your doctor says you have cancer, that's when you need OHC. Those are the doctors that I turned to, and I'm so glad that I did when I got that terrible news. You need to surround yourself with the region's top cancer doctors, and that's what you do when you're at OHC latest leading edge treatments clinical trials. For more than thirty five years, their cancer research team has been engaged in bringing these wonderful treatment options to their patients. Approach is a simple one to surround you with what you need to focus on beating cancer, which is what you and your family are going to care about most. So if like me, you get the bad news, start with OHC or get a second opinion. To do that call eight eight eight sixty eight hundred eighty eight sixty eight hundred. Online you'll find them at ohcare dot.
Speaker 12: Com, fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station, the exclusive audio home on the NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 1: Hey, there's your weather forecast.
Speaker 2: Beautiful day to day, sonny, low humidity in a high eighty five, clear every night, down to sixty two eighty eight with sunny skies Tomorrow dropping to sixty six overnight with just a few clouds. And on Sunday it's going to be sunny, it's a chance of storms. It's going up to ninety one sixty eight degrees. Now it's traffic time from.
Speaker 1: The UCL Tramtic Center.
Speaker 18: The future of pair is happening now through plinical trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes.
Speaker 1: Visit uce health dot com.
Speaker 18: Southbound seventy five is the heaviest of a highway traffic and even that's not that bad. Coming pain us to the Reagan Highway. Cruis are working with an accident on wrap and run near Glenway and cleaning up in Landing on twenty two at Old Mill Road.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc HE talk station, Hey, thirty four.
Speaker 2: If you give out KRCD talk station, you're gramming a Happy Friday. I hook you get some great plans for the weekend and please buyglass lemonade tomorrow. Peyton's Lemonade Stand dot org. Great charity, a heartwarming story and amazing success story started with a six year old girl one lemon stand. This is the seventh year and last year they raised one hundred thousand dollars for children's hospital and related issues. Lots of different charities benefiting from the money that's raised. There are lemonade stands literally all over Greater Since all of Hamilton County into Indiana, outside into Claremont County and Warren County, you've got them in northern Kentucky. There's just I must be like seventy or eighty lemonade stands just here in the Greater Cincinnati area. Find one on the website Peyton's Lemonade Stand dot org. All you need to do is just buy a glass of yummy lemonade, and all the money's going to go to this wonderful, wonderful worthy cause. It was a real pleasure having her on the program a couple of times, and I got to meet her in person of what an amazing young lady she is. So Peyton's lemonadestand dot org check it out and there's a link at fifty five k SE dot com. We over there getting a copy of that book, and that what a cool book and what a great I just can you imagine being post Soviet Union fall in that all exciting mix and you're the guy that's responsible for bringing Western music into that big demand. What an exciting time that must have been for him. So anyway, you can find David Jonk's book at fifty five KC dot com. Why you're checking out the link for Peyton's lemonade stand feel free to call Steve. I'm taking your call first, if you don't mind holding for a second. It's eight thirty five here in the fifty five KRC Morning Show, and I get to mention Suzette Losacamp. She's terrific. You'll love working with Suzette on mortgage related issues. You're going to be working with the person who is the most knowledge and experience in the entire mortgage industry, with more than thirty five years experience. Just always blows me away when I say that, because I know her anyway, She's with cross country mortgage meanings. She can handle mortgage issues and needs in all fifty states, including Puerto Rico. Never a junk fee, never an application fee. It's great rates at a low cost, and the customer service couldn't be better. My daughter's a great illustration of that. I think it was only two days she was able to work with Susette and lock in that financing, happily on her way in her newly acquired home. Again, Thank you, Suzette Loasacamp for providing her with such wonderful service. She'll do the same for you. Call her or send her an email. In either case she'll get right back with you. Her number five one three three one three fifty one seventy six. That's three one three fifty one seventy six center an email at Susette dot Low's camp is l o s e Kamp sust dot Low's camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five the talk station. The medal of honor is.
Speaker 1: Weather time.
Speaker 2: Uh, nice day today, sun you love humidity in eighty five excuse me every night drop into sixty two to be clear.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow warmer with a sunny day and a high of eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Haarley cloudy every night downe a sixty six and ninety one on Sunday, but chance of storms and mostly Sunday Skies.
Speaker 3: It's sixty sixty eight now type for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCF Triumphics Center.
Speaker 18: The future of care is happening now through political trials and innovative treatments that give patients a chance for better outcomes. Visit uce health dot com. SAP pound seventy five is the heaviest of a highway traffic and even that's not that bad. Coming paints the Reagan Highway Cruiser work with an accident on rapid run near Blendway and cleaning up in Landon on twenty two at Old Mill Road.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk station.
Speaker 2: Hey forty on a Friday, and I am very happy one to You're going to go to the phones number fifty five KRSH dot com. Can you try our media player over there too. You can stream the audio wherever you happen to be. Let's go to the phones. I promise steviebe first. He is Steve, Thanks for holding over the break. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 20: Hey Brian, good to talk to you again.
Speaker 22: Hey, I have not had much chance to listen to you since Biden's formal announcement. Sorry US Republicans that aren't retired. Most of us work, and you know, away, I want your thoughts on a scenario, and then I'd like to make a prediction after that. As far as the scenarios, So, if Joe Biden were to step aside, they invoke the twenty fifth Amendment, he passes away or becomes too physically in capacity, whatever's the case, then of course Kamala Harris or however you pronounce her name, ascends to the presidency.
Speaker 20: But does that not make Speaker Mike Johnson the vice president?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: I think you are right.
Speaker 22: I have not read that anywhere nationally, heard that anywhere national interesting, neither have I.
Speaker 3: And you would think that would be the.
Speaker 22: Speaker of the Yeah, the Speaker of the House is the next in the hierarchy. And that would create a couple quandaries for the Democrats as well as Mike Johnson. You know, the Democrats. First of all, the optics of now having a vice president who could potentially, you know, battle against their president for four months lead up to an election can't be good. And you know also the fact that he could be the deciding vote if somebody like a fetterman or somebody like a mansion were to decide to flip with the Republicans on something that would come up in four months.
Speaker 20: Wouldn't that be interesting?
Speaker 2: It would be interesting. I think probably unlikely. And I just have to observe that recognizing the role of vice president doesn't come with any normal roles. That the Harris administration for the period of time that it would have to share it with him as vice president, would just keep him in the dark. They would give him no roles, they'd squeeze him out, they wouldn't invite him to meetings, and there'd be no obligation for them to do that. So mainly just a symbolic role. And of course he would be next in line should something happen to Kamala Harris. But you know, you raise an interesting, interesting political reality would have a whole lot of impact.
Speaker 3: I don't think necessarily though, I.
Speaker 22: Think it would impact his career. Also, I think it would end his career as a politician either way one you know, whether Kamala wins or loses, he's done as a vice president. I think it also tarnishes, you know, potentially him being able to go back and run again for Congress. You know, he's kind of a rhino and you know who knows where that is. But anyway, my prediction, we'll see how it goes. Okay, so we get to November fifth and Kamala Harris loses. Let's assume that Biden limps in till November fifth, Harris loses. I think a couple of things happen on November sixth. One, he pardons Hunter for everything. Two he steps down, so the Democrats can declare that they had the first ever woman president, even though she's lame duck for a month and a half.
Speaker 1: Eh, they can claim it.
Speaker 2: I suppose it would be true, but it would only be because of Biden's stepping down. It wouldn't be by virtue of the choice of the American voters. But then again, the American voters, least in so far as the Democrat Party is concerned, didn't choose Kamala Harris either.
Speaker 22: So hollow vicion, Let's hope things turn out right on November.
Speaker 7: Fifth for us.
Speaker 2: Well, you can be certain they would take a victory lap along those lines. Steve, what it will be worth in terms of, you know, benefiting them politically, I think it will be just a mere gesture and worth not much. Nice observations of Steve. I certainly appreciate you calling today. Man, Stay well and have a wonderful weekend, doctor J. It is wonderful to hear back from you, Doctor J. I hope all is well in your world.
Speaker 9: Things you're going as well as they can be. Fact, Ran, things are going pretty good. We're hoping news next week. But I had to call you, so it occurs to me. I haven't spoken to you.
Speaker 3: Like in a few weeks. It has been, and I think.
Speaker 9: I'n aged about five years in the past couple of weeks. I mean, look at everything that has happened.
Speaker 2: I share your feeling in that regard, doctor, I mean, we thought history.
Speaker 9: How many times in that's two weeks, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they say may you live in interesting times, it is not positive statement. We are living in interesting times, and I pray to God our day that we we wouldn't we aren't anymore.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm with you, man, Yeah, it.
Speaker 9: Would be nice to get up, be nice to get out of them. But hey, I had an interesting conversation with my barber, a female stylist, a couple of weeks ago, and I've kind of heard the liberal mindset a bit. I thought to mention to her that, hey, did you hear about the Trump uh no tax on tips plan? She lives on her tips, so she is a lit And she immediately her voice raised, and she got angry with me, and she said, we had never talked politics before. And she says, yeah, that'll help me. Then my income will go down, and you know I won't be able to you know, my credit card rates will go up and my interest rates will go up. And I said, what are you talking about? And she explained to me that she thought that then her total income would go down because all that chip income wouldn't be income anymore, and thus, you know, she would be a poorer candidate for loans.
Speaker 3: And wore huh.
Speaker 9: And obviously she got this from somewhere. She didn't just come up. This is the propaganda from the left. They're very very quick at coming back. That's the first I've heard of. This is a negative response to his plan for no tax on tips.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Okay, she would potentially drop into a lower tax bracket, but her overall total income would not change. It's just what tax a book, So she'd still be reporting to the lone person that she makes let's say seventy five thousand dollars a year, even though only let's say fifty thousand of it will be taxable, They're still going to look at the seventy five including tips that she makes.
Speaker 9: Right, Brian, on your I R S form, they said, right, total income and then there's adjusted grossing exactly right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, I tried to explain her step to her, but she just raised her voice to get angry at twenty twenty five. Then I said, well, that's not what that says. I We've already disavowed that. And then she said this is a safe space. We can't talk about this.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she didn't.
Speaker 2: She said the words safe spaced.
Speaker 9: Well, it was her store, so she owns her store. So honestly she has point there, really is it't accurate?
Speaker 6: She said?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 1: Uh anyway, Jay, at least you tried. I give you props for I give you props for at least trying.
Speaker 2: But you know my point all the time, doctor j is when they start calling you names or giving you the old petulant child holding his ears and going la la la la la, you won. You won the argument in the debate, Doctor J. God bless you and a love and best of health to your better half. I've been thinking about cricket a lot.
Speaker 9: Thank you here. I'll tell you we're gonna find out on Monday whether we do two more months of chemo or maybe we're done. So yeah, pray for us.
Speaker 3: You got it, buddy, you absolutely got it.
Speaker 2: And I'll encourage my listeners to keep a cricket Doctor J's wife and their thoughts and prayers as well. She's a wonderful, wonderful woman and cancer sucks.
Speaker 3: Doctor J.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend, sir, eight forty eight fifty five KRCD Talk station.
Speaker 3: Feel free to call. I got time for maybe one or two if you want to call.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, a call that every one of my listening audience should make unless well, no, and pretty much all cases is Cover Sincy. We all have medical care we have to deal with. We all have medical insurance at least I hope we do it. And if you don't have medical insurance, you more than anyway I think, needs to get in touch with John Rolman and Cover Sincy. Their team there can provide you with the opportunity to get affordable medical insurance, including medical insurance that does not have thousands of dollars in out of pocket liability before the actual insurance kicks in for less money couples out of sixty five cent between five hundred and one thousand dollars a month. And it's a really special team that John has assembled over at Cover Sincy. They will look at each person individually. If you are a family, you got let's say four people or five people in the family, John and the team look at each one of you, and each one of you may be insured differently based upon your individual circumstances. And for businesses, he does the exact same thing for each and every one of your employees. And once you're covered through Cover Sinsey, they're there for you throughout the entire process dealing with any claims issues you have. Don't call the insurance company, you call John and the team. They'll handle it for you. What a wonderful benefit that is just thinking about the idea of not being on the phone for a couple of hours with an insurance company.
Speaker 3: John on the team work for you.
Speaker 2: But they have access to hundreds of insurance companies and thousands of policies which allows them to accomplish this goal. Again, better medical insurance, less money five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five online start the process. Fill the format at the website coversinc dot.
Speaker 1: Com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 7: I need this.
Speaker 1: Loses tone.
Speaker 2: Yes, spring from the comments of doctor Jay and I share them. Here's like a age about five years, the last five days, and yeah, it's tough to say it's a wonderful world. Given the state of affairs. We find ourselves in flag burners F the police, F America, F capitalism. And then there is a fun one of the biggest letters written in red graffiti on the Christopher Columbus Monument from the protests yesterday over net and Yahoo's speaking Hamas is coming. Well, I guess they mean coming to America. You viewed that as a good thing, kind of It's independent of your perception of Israel and it's right to exist or not. These are people who are embracing terrorism, embracing terrorists, embracing murderers, rapists, thugs, doing anything in their power because they hate Israel.
Speaker 1: It's just.
Speaker 2: And the veneer has been ripped off, folks. This is more than about Israel. This is about capitalism. America. They want to disrupt America. Netting ya who's uttered those very words yesterday, So these protesters burn American flags even on the fourth of July. If you remember one thing from this speech, remember this our aime, our enemies are your enemies. Our fight is your fight, and our victory will be your victory. Well, I'm on Netanya, who's side on that one? Anyhow? Tune in Monday of course Christopher Smith moment, the Monday Morning Smith Event. We're gonna hear from Brian James and Monday Monday, every Monday at eight oh five for that segment.
Speaker 3: I enjoy it and I hope you do too.
Speaker 2: And if you can get a chance to listen to Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, I hope you know where to go fifty five Casey dot com for the podcast. Great conversation with Jim Neil running for sheriff and he knows what's going on in the Sheriff's department. It's not a pretty picture. Morale's bad, recruiting down, numbers are down, and of course sections of the jail been shut down as well. Sheriff Jim Neil, that's who we need. He's got some great ideas, and of course he's been in that role before, and he is a real uniter, not a divider, which is what we're living with right now, speaking in divisions. And finally, David Young's book rockin the Kremlin should be a really great read. It's all at fifty five krc dot com. Folks, I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I hope you can tune in Monday and don't away. Glenn Beck's coming right up.
Speaker 3: I'm grateful information.
Speaker 1: You're just minutes away from your top of the hour news update.
Speaker 16: We'll get that information to them by radio fifty five krc D talkstation